Speaker 1: Follows upon us and the leaves are changing colors. That means it's time to hit the canyons in style. So pack up the whole family for a drive and go see all the sights in the comfort and safety of a new Murdoch Hunday Drive in and received one point ninety nine percent for five years on the twenty twenty five to two song, and every new Honday comes with America's Best warranty, a ten year, one hundred thousand mile powertrain.
Speaker 2: Limited warranty and owners assurance. When you walk through our doors, you feel like family.
Speaker 1: At Murdoch, Hundai and Logan, Lyndon and Murray, and online at Murdock Hunday dot com. Call eighty eight three nine one sixty eight three years, set delivermpleep details offer It's Fires.
Speaker 2: Ten thirty one, twenty four.
Speaker 3: After another exciting college football weekend, settle in as Spence gives you this week's edition of the Big twelve Power Ranking RATZI by the Murdock Auto Group and Genesis of Linden.
Speaker 4: Maybe flashbacks, I'm having flashbacks.
Speaker 5: With this song. I'm very embarrassed to admit this.
Speaker 4: Maybe I shouldn't be, but we were a bunch of white kids in the mid nineties, trying to keep up with the jones Is playing high school basketball re ported this song.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Maybe I don't know. Maybe you had.
Speaker 4: One Summit County warm up tape where you go out for warm ups and the seniors pick which songs you're gonna warm up to. This was definitely on our warm up tape, and it was somewhat embarrassing.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Well, the funny thing is is that when I was in high school, the warm up tape was controlled by my coach at that point, who is.
Speaker 2: Like yacht rock, eighties rock.
Speaker 6: It was Van Halen, it was ac DC, it was like all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So kind of an inside joke. Then now we're.
Speaker 6: Throwing in, of course, the eminem the.
Speaker 2: Jay Z kind of warm up stuff.
Speaker 6: But yeah, there was a There was actually probably a lot of similar stuff just because we didn't have control of the playlist.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, what year where are we talking here? For you playing basketball?
Speaker 2: Twenty thirteen? Fourteen?
Speaker 5: Was this Oh so We're lose yourself right? Was all over the place? Yeah about the time frame, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, for sure. And then the jay Z, Kanye album. The collaboration there maybe not aged well in a lot of ways, but that was definitely a warm up, specific really good selection.
Speaker 4: All right, fair enough, fair enough, all right, tom Now, we usually do this on Mondays, but our Monday show was jam Pack, So we're gonna do our Big twelve Power rankings here. As you guys know by now, chaos last weekend started Friday night. Houston, who didn't even look like a serious football team at one point, went down and beat TCU took care of him pretty easily. There then obviously chaos all weekend. Okay, State looses again in Stillwater. They actually got run off their own home field by West Virginia. I could keep going, Kansas might just suck, and Texas Tech beat Arizona after Arizona rolled in a salt lake and smoked Utah.
Speaker 5: So Porter, I'll let you lead off.
Speaker 4: I ended up ranking six teams today, So I have my top six from my Big twelve Power rankings.
Speaker 5: How'd your roll with yours this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, similarly to you, I struggle to take.
Speaker 6: Some teams out of it because we still are fairly early in the Big twelve schedule. Spence, So there are seven teams in the conference that have zero or one loss as of today, I'm ranking all of those teams in some form or fashion, but I struggled to differentiate because of the up and down nature of their season, because of maybe their availability. Speaking of a team here in Salt Lake and another team in Arizona State, who I just I don't necessarily believe in their ceiling, although they've looked good this year, and for that reason, I'm complicating things here, but I kind of have a three way tie for fifth place in my power rankings this week in Utah and Arizona State are probably playing for that spot on Friday, so we'll know a little bit more about that. But right now, those teams, I'm confident that they'll be in the mix at the end of the year, but I just don't know exactly what their ceiling is, what their outlook is, especially for the Utes with the availability of one cam rising.
Speaker 2: So that's my number five.
Speaker 6: It's Utah, it's ASU playing for that five spot on Friday, and Texas Tech kind of looming there.
Speaker 2: At number four. I have Colorado.
Speaker 6: They have jumped into the picture in a way I didn't expect from them because I just think there's so much noise, there's so much going on off the field. But at the end of the day, I talked about this week one spence winning is the premium. I put a premium on winning in these power rankings. No novel concept, I know, but Colorado's doing that, and they're doing that while also having maybe the most talented roster in the league. So I'm keeping them in my top five at number four. At number three, it's Kansas State.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: They're loss to BYU looked really bad, but when you go back and watch the film, this is not taking away from BYU's win, and you'll see not taking away from BYU with my rankings here in a moment, Kansas State played a lot better football game than the final score will tell in provo. So I've been impressed with the way they've bounced back in in a lot of ways. I still have them at number three in this week's power rankings and coming in at number two. It is the Cougars, the team just forty miles south to us. BYU has been phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: They're They're still unblemished. They've gotten through a month and a little bit of change without a loss so far. Really really impressive stuff from Keiloni and co. I think the next month Spence is going to be tough for BYU. I think this is the part of their slate that I have really circled to find out who they are.
Speaker 2: I thought we were gonna find.
Speaker 6: Out a lot more when we had those Kansas State BYU Oklahoma State Utah matchups, but those games ended up so weird that I don't think we learned all that much. I think we will learn a lot about BYU in the next month, and then at number one in our rankings as of today, it's been the most consistent team. They have the best win probably in the conference at Iowa as far as as the unblemish teams, and I have Iowa State at number one, but I'll do that with a caveat. I don't think they'll be number one come end of the season, nor do I think they'll be in the Big Twelve championship game. But as of today, October eighth, their resume says that they should be number one in the Power rankings.
Speaker 4: So ours are somewhat similar but not entirely similar.
Speaker 5: So let's kind of dig in here.
Speaker 4: You know two teams that I've had essentially as staples in.
Speaker 5: My top five have tumbled incredibly.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma State just might be bad and UCF is not the team I thought they would be, So they drop out of my top five as of right now, even though they have been mainstays, and I still think both teams might be able to turn around.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you missed it.
Speaker 4: We chatted with Spencer Hall and his assertion is, you know, now pretty much anybody can beat anybody, So let's dig in. Starting at number seven, I have Arizona State. So Porter kind of outlined this a little bit. Friday Night will be a big time tell for both these teams quite frankly, because there's some buzz around Arizona.
Speaker 5: State with Kenny Dillingham in year two.
Speaker 4: You know they were Mississippi State's not good, but that's a non con sec win. They go on the road and beat Texas Tech. They are excuse me, Texas State. Then they lose to Tech, but that was a really good game. Kansas might not be good, but there's talent there and so they're coming off a win. So at seven, I have Arizona State. At six, I have Utah. I don't know where else to put them. As of right now, as we've been talking about with the lack of availability, it's not just Cameron Rising is Karente read, It's Conrad a tool I could keep going. It feels a lot like it did a year ago, and this certainly could and hopefully will turn around. But Utah for the first time this week is falling out of my top five. They're at number six, So ASU seven, Utah six. And even though Arizona is coming off a loss of their own uh to you know, to Texas Tech factor, no matter is they rolled in here to Salt Lake and they bullied the Utah youth. So I have Arizona coming in at number five at four a Texas Tech. I don't know how good they are, but they continue to win in conference. They beat both Arizona schools, so I couldn't rank either Arizona schools ahead of them. They're only losses up on the Police Touazoo. But as of right now, because they're three and oh, they're actually the first place team in the Big twelve.
Speaker 5: So I have Texas Tech at four. Coming in at.
Speaker 4: Three, I have k State, and part of me believes K State is better than three. Part of me believes they might still have something to say about it at the end.
Speaker 5: Is the best team in this conference.
Speaker 4: Of course, that loss in Provo stung, but there were a lot of really weird, weird.
Speaker 5: Things that happened that night. BYU was opportunistic.
Speaker 4: They took advantage Aaron Rodger called the kill shots when they were in the red zone. They score touchdowns. So BYU deserves the credit. So on paper, I like k State maybe as much as any team in the league because the results. Though there are three at two. I have BYU just like you do, and they have earned their flowers and be interesting to see if they can take advantage of this momentum and national attention coming up on Saturday with Fox Big Neon Kickoff being down in Provo for a two o'clock Mountain time kick off against Arizona, and Arizona's a team we're going to continue to have to learn about. After winning in saut Lake, they go home and lose to Tech. BYU is a four point five point favorite at home over Arizona coming up, and then Iowa State deserves the.
Speaker 5: Ranking at the top. They've stayed clean, They're very complete.
Speaker 4: They might have one of if not the best non conference wins a road win at their rival Iowa week two after beating North to North Dakota. But at this point they've had two conference games. I don't think they've played any of the good teams in conference yet. At Houston where they just essentially smothered them twenty zero, and then they go to Baylor or excuse me. Then Baylor rolls down to Iowa State, but they smoke Baylor. I'm afraid David Random might lose his job. Never cheer for that, a good guy to potentially be unemployed.
Speaker 5: So they have it.
Speaker 4: Iowa State one, BYU two, k State three, Texas Tech four, Arizona five, Utah six, ASU coming in at number seven for our weekly Big twelve Power rankings