Speaker 1: JR.
Speaker 2: Orlando's Rock Station. It's the Lynching Taco Show. Good morning, time for check it out the latest tech news and innovations brought to you by jr RS. Rock the Bank or one thousand dollars cash giveaways. They'll get back into gear right around nine oh five you get the first keyword of the day to enter at WJR dot com in hopes of scoring yourself one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Again, that's nine oh five ish, and that's only the first of thirteen, so you have thirteen jans has to win one thousand dollars and rock the Bank.
Speaker 2: Best way to play just have the station on, leave us on all day at work or with whatever you got going on, and pay special attention right around five past each hour because you can enter each time you said you had some interesting tech stuff. I try, I try. I'll get into some of that here in a minute. But it was elation for many at home workers yesterday as Zoom went down for a few hours in the afternoon. They still don't know what exactly caused the outage that lasted from around two thirty yesterday afternoon till well after four o'clock Eastern time, so anybody who works from home or had the the glorious experience of doing those video meetings via Zoom. Sorry no dice yesterday for a few hours.
Speaker 3: Some of the I thought zoom was going I thought it was going to be done anyway.
Speaker 2: Nah, the video meetings now are that's the thing to stay. I mean, they do them even if you are in office a lot of times now, so regard there's a lot of funny memes that started popping up because of that. And then one person joked that no one on their team could get into the meetings. So it was the most productive Zoom meeting ever.
Speaker 3: Remember the saying from back in the day, why don't you just have a meeting about a meeting?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: It got to the point where there were so many meeting I mean still has.
Speaker 2: Those of you who are fans probably excited about the new switch To that is coming out with that the Mario Kart World game, a lot of anticipation. In that nine o'clock this morning, they will be featuring the direct showcase and unveiling many of the details about the new Mario cart World and you might get some glimpses of the new switch To. So again nine o'clock. Just hit the Nintendo site. If that's in your world, maybe of interest to you. American Airlines is the latest American carrier to offer free in flight Wi Fi. It'll begin in twenty twenty six. The Dallas based carrier announced that the complimentary service will be offered on about ninety percent of its fleet starting in January of twenty twenty six, following similar moves by JetBlue, Delta, and United Airlines. American notes that it's free Wi Fi service will be sponsored by AT and T and available for members of its American Airlines Advantage Loyalty.
Speaker 1: It's a no brainer having a phone sponsor. Yeah, it's just boom fit perfect.
Speaker 2: On the subject of flying in airports and whatnot, the last time there was a serious upgrade to the check in process was back in the early two thousands with the E ticketing system that went into effect. Where do they go from here? Sooner rather than later, many airports will be able to facilitate essentially a no check in. Airlines will be alerted to a passenger's intention to fly when they arrive at the airport and their face is scanned. Oh wow, you arrive at the airport. Now you've checked in.
Speaker 3: I thought it's gonna be like a doctor when you just text them that you're there or click the link, you know, like hey, I'm here, Wow, you're facial scan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and again, the airports will have to be upgraded to have the facial recognition technology and the tie into the check in system. It's all going to be apparently seamless once this gets fully up and running. The technology already exists, obviously, it's just a matter of getting the infrastructure in place. So you'll see some airports adopting this sooner than others. But just know that is coming, the facial recognition check in. There'll be no more of this having oh it's twenty four hours before let me go first to check in. No, if it'll be you show up at the airport, then they know you're there and you're flying for sure.
Speaker 3: And there's probably safety issues behind this, you know what I'm saying. That's got to help with terrorism stuff.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: I am sure that's good all into the consideration. For sure. This good news. In the health field. Valvular heart disease or VHD for short, is potentially fatal condition and it's very difficult to diagnose with the regular traditional stethoscope, you know, you go to the doctor and they put it on your chest in your back and ask you to take deep breaths in there. They're checking, you know, for a multitude of things there, but that one sensor traditional stethoscope doesn't always do a good job of knowing whether or not your four valves of your heart are opening or closing properly. New technology from this multisensor stethoscope is coming to market soon and it's going to be right available, right down to the consumer level. It'll be about as big as a drink coaster that you can hold and put on your chest, and it will be able to tell you if your heart valves are opening and closing properly, proper timing and whatnot. And you'll see this starting to be incorporated into you know, when you go and physically visit your doctor as well in the upgrades to the current stethoscope technology.
Speaker 1: Very cool. It could save a lot of lives.
Speaker 3: We're getting a few different texts saying that they do the face recognition at a universal alrighty, exactly Epic Universe and then actually universal Islands of Adventure and Epic Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the technology is there, so it's you're gonna see it expanding more and more. And finally, there's this to anyone myself included, who gets stuck on the call with your parents that goes on and on and on and on, in it circles your mom. Listen, stop she she knows she goes on and on it on. It's she wears it like a badge of honor. Okay, there's now an AI that will call your parents for you. You give the AI some samples of your voice, it'll be able to create enough to carry on a conversation with whoever it may be.
Speaker 1: See, if you do this, you are not a good kid. Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: In my case, when I call my mom or she calls me, I call her once a week, she does ninety percent of the talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've heard a lot of times you'll set the phone down and walk away.
Speaker 2: So my AI is just gonna have to be huh yep, oh yeah, sure, uh huh, and it'll just interject those hit the appropriate pause points, which she ultimately has to come up for a breath of air.
Speaker 3: Then something's gonna happen where that AI that's out there of uh huh, yes, yep, sure, all those.
Speaker 1: Are gonna be generated.
Speaker 3: Pat Into, Hi, your granddaughter has been apprehended and we need ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, yep sure.
Speaker 2: The service places AI generated voice calls to parents, engaging them in conversations about their day, hobbies and feelings, and after each call, the AI provides a summary to the user, including a visual indicator of the parent's mood.
Speaker 1: This is so screwed up.
Speaker 3: If anybody, if you do that, you need to check yourself.
Speaker 1: You only have family for a while, dude. Hey technology great one O one one double u JRR Orlando Rock station