Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Al, thank you very much. Our number two with Bill and Bow Winnaker. We had a drop off over the news. So if you want to call in, this room for you six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty eight eight, nine, two, nine, ten thirty will get you through too. I would love for people to call in who have met the Winnakers, have experience a Winnakers show. I have. I've seen them on a couple of occasions, and it would seem all the calls we had during the first hour had a glowing review of what Bill and Bow did for them at their function. So if you've had a similar experience, here's your chance to thank the gentlemen. And after this next call, I'm going to let them tell their backstory. Who was a Josephine who called in and was talking about a young Bow in elementary school doing that legendary song Midnight in Moscow. Not an easy song to play on a trumpet or any instrument for an eight year old kid, but he did it, talented young man that he was, and when he was eight, which was just what ten or fifteen years ago, more or less all right, that'll work. Let's take a call from Brighton Glenn. Hello again, Hi.
Speaker 3: I had to call it the Winnakers because I owe em.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I'm not chastising you. Go ahead, No, I know.
Speaker 3: On Sunday, April twenty seventh, when uh Dan Ray had that lunch in New Orleans and Westwood, I asked him to tell the public that I am looking for a Republican girlfriend, and he did it.
Speaker 2: H must we always refer to your love life up and downs? Yes, okay, now that you Republican girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I don't have one. I'm looking for one. He gave you, he said that Gwenn's looking. He plugged me. He put a plug in for me. I haven't.
Speaker 2: Well there look at all the Republican women who voted for the current president. So they are out there.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, they called Nightside during the week. But I'm just.
Speaker 2: I know they do.
Speaker 3: There's a woman from Midfred that likes my calls.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about the workers, not bright I know.
Speaker 3: Not the filled panel to his love life, I know, but.
Speaker 2: No, the winner.
Speaker 3: Because they played a couple of songs for me. They played going to the Chapel, they played the What's that that thing the medang the Memories, it's uh, the local.
Speaker 2: Bob Hope song, Thanks for the Memories.
Speaker 3: No, it's the Maroon five.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, guys, you remember the song you played for Glenn?
Speaker 4: Sure do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a Maroon five songs. That's one of Gunn's favorites. We always play it for him whenever he comes to one of our shows.
Speaker 3: Yes, they do. And I want to play it at my funeral, which.
Speaker 2: Is I'm my lip right now.
Speaker 3: I know that's all right, Glenn.
Speaker 5: You're going to be around for a long time.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 3: I know because I don't want to die because they want me to. They win if I die.
Speaker 2: Who's they?
Speaker 3: The Democrats?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Can we sign another? I couldn't receive format for your phone call.
Speaker 3: That's what Jordan Richie used to say, nepecial format for Glenn's calls.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what else do you want to say to Bill and Bot? Why are you here?
Speaker 3: I just want to say, is it did you say that August twentieth? It should have been the twenty third. If it's a Thursday, August begins on a Friday, So.
Speaker 5: I think that I think our next day is the twenty fourth of July.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, the one in August.
Speaker 5: The August is the twenty eighth, all the end.
Speaker 3: All okay, you're going all the way to the end, just before laybor Day weekend, right exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that we've got that straightened out, all right, I'm sorry, what else would you like to do? Glenn?
Speaker 3: I just want to say, these guys are groovy, dynamite. I used to be a hippie. I could talk that way.
Speaker 2: And I understand the meaning of the word groovy.
Speaker 3: I know, all right, I still say passcord. Everybody says cable, but that's just I'm dating.
Speaker 4: All right. Before we hang up, let me just put in one more plug. If anybody out there needs their piano tunes. Glenn is a really great piano tuner, So we'll leave it at that. But Glenn, I hope you get some calls for tuning.
Speaker 3: Well I do too, because I may have to go bankrupt. I don't want to get into it, but yes, I got to get some work.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully that will get a few people calling for your services. And on that note, it's time to say good.
Speaker 3: Night, thank you very much, bye bye for.
Speaker 2: Now, bye for now. Okay, t tfns Steve Allen used to say, but just top of now, and before we take Marjorie in New York and Marjorie, you're right at the point where I take a break at quartera past the hour, half past the hour, quarter of the hour of Night Side, and it's nine thirteen, So I want to give you enough time to speak with Bill and Bow, So be patient. I'm going to be taking a break before you call, but you'll get your chance to speak to them, and it won't be an abbreviated chance because I'm not going to take you now. I'll wait. And guys, other events coming up this summer beyond the rollies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most of them are just private events. Okay, weddings in different type of corporate events and such. But do you have time for a quick song.
Speaker 2: I've got one minute. Can you fit it in?
Speaker 4: Yep, let's try it.
Speaker 5: If you've never had a flugget worn player on your show before, here he is.
Speaker 6: Shape.
Speaker 2: See how I waited to the end to sing anything. Let's take our break. The winners will be back right after these. Mess is here on night very much here on Nightside. Dan is off. He'll be back on the fourteenth of July. I'm here, I'm Morgan. Let's hit the brake time at temperature nine fifteen seventy two degrees.
Speaker 1: Night side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: The Winnikers are here, Bill and Bow. They've been here since eight They're going to be here until ten, and then at ten o'clock Jack Hart will be here. And you know he is my history buff. He drives one of those tour bus trolleys during the day all around Boston showing all the tourists where this happened and that happened. And he's got some facts about July fourth that he will tantalize you with. I am on tomorrow on my show, The Morgan Show, and tomorrow is the last night I will have three hours. I'm going to be going to two hours the following week. So tomorrow night I've got a gentleman coming on talking about the comedian, the comedian accordionist of the seventies and eighties, Judy Tanuta. He's got a book out about her, and I think there's a documentary about her as well. And then I'll be doing trivia. Havn't done it for a while. And I'll be focusing on special days of the year. You want to play, You're welcome to come along. That'll be the last two hours of the Morgan Show and one more thing. Tuesdays, I appear at the Midway Restaurant from six to seven point thirty, playing trivia with people who seem to enjoy it. Periodically, mel Simon's shows up. Some of the people that call when I'm on the air here on BZ, they show up. You can show up too, and are you guys okay over there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to New York City and speak to Marjorie. Marjorie, you're next here on night Side.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 7: Hi, Oh great, Hello, I'm working a Hello bo and Bill.
Speaker 2: Hello Marjorie.
Speaker 7: Oh this is such a pleasure. Yeah. So I am in New York City. Although I am a native Bustonian, I grew up in Brookline, and I have to say that the Winnaker Brothers music is unfailingly comfort food for the soul that it is just you cannot go to one of their concerts without knowing that this is going to be just magnificent and you're going to come out stealing, wonderful.
Speaker 2: Marjorie hold On, I have one question. Then I'm going to step out and let you just speak to Bill and Bow. Oh you lived in Brookline. Did you go to Brookline High?
Speaker 7: I most certainly did.
Speaker 2: And what year did you graduate from Brookline High?
Speaker 7: Well, that's a funny question because I actually didn't technically graduate. I would I should have graduated in nineteen seventy. I was in the class of nineteen seventy, but I skipped my senior year. So I actually left the high school in sixty nine and eventually got a diploma. I went to college a year early.
Speaker 2: In other words, conceivably, then we knew each other because I was there from sixty seven to seventy one.
Speaker 7: Definitely cross We definitely cross paths some of the same teachers. Where did you live in Brookline?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I did live in Brookline. I was a medical transfer student. My homeroom was three sixty three. Missus Nardone was my homeroom teacher.
Speaker 7: Oh was that? My homeroom was two twenty six, right, and my, oh my goodness. Bertrand Hollam was the present was the principal?
Speaker 2: Yes, right?
Speaker 7: And then he was replaced by Well. I was there during the days of britt Holland.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I was. I was there for two of his years, the last two of his years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I think MECO started like when I around the time that I was at the high school.
Speaker 2: They started, They started the sixty six sixty seven school year, and I came in the sixty seven sixty eight school year.
Speaker 7: Okay, so I sixty seven sixty eight was my freshman Yeah, with my freshman year in high school.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we probably know each other. Yeah, Okay, Now I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Did you get the brownies at the high school in the cafeteria and Ethan in the quadrangle?
Speaker 2: Oh? Partially yes, sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I'm going to I'm going to lunch four years.
Speaker 2: I'm going to step out the conversation and let you just talk to Bill and bow. Okay, Madorie.
Speaker 7: Well, nice to talk to you, Nice to talk to me.
Speaker 2: Bill, Just for you go ahead and talk.
Speaker 4: Hi Yah, great to hear from you. We've had such wonderful times with your family.
Speaker 7: I know, I know such such wonderful times. And as you know, my mother may she rest in peace, was one of your biggest chans and just was always so happy to see you and happy to hear you and such a booster, and she and we always commented on what kind and respectful and talented, gracious, modest brothers you were, and it gave her a lot of comfort. And I don't know if you recall this, but when she turned ninety nine, we went to Brothers where you were then playing in Brookline for her ninety ninth birthday, and then the following you when she turned out and she said, then well, I have to have my hundredth birthday, and then COVID hit, and if you recall, asked you to do a recording session for her in one of your studios during COVID, which we then gave to her on her one hundredth birthday. Do you remember that, Oh.
Speaker 4: We remember very well. We made a great video for her of all her favorite songs, and that was special. That was a great project. We love doing it in It.
Speaker 7: Was a great project before. I mean, I it's it's funny that, like all those years in Brookline and Newton and you know, all those places where we all were circulating, that that we came to really know you much later in the game. I mean, you guys were well into your careers when we well into your careers when we really.
Speaker 2: Got to know.
Speaker 7: I mean, we knew we had the CD with the Stellcats that I did always have as a child, but that beyond that, we really didn't really have you in our consciousness.
Speaker 3: Until we did. And then.
Speaker 4: Well it sure is blazoned.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you're so nice to take the time to call us tonight. Well, you just appreciate it so much.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm I'm so happy to be doing it. And I it's funny because I am such a techno folk so I had to practice today how to how to get myself into w b z H so that I could actually figure out how to call you, But I did it.
Speaker 4: Well, we're so appreciative of that. You know. The one of the most special times of our career was playing that memorial concert for your brother not too long ago.
Speaker 7: It was a great day, it was It was such a high for us and would have been such a high for her. It was beautiful. And I'm actually so glad to be speaking to you on July fourth, because I know how patriotic we all are. And I'm glad actually that I happened to call in right before you played bo Yeah, yeah, I needed I needed my share of like something paideeotic tonight.
Speaker 5: Well we'll play one more patriotic song before the end of the night.
Speaker 7: Oh that's good to know. Okay, Okay, I'll stick it out.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: The funny thing about calling into the WBZ, it's so odd for me because I don't know if you remember, but as children from wm ex is on for several years at seven o'clock in the morning, they had this thing where you called in and you could sing along with Chubby. You could sing Hooker took on my soda cracker with Chubby Checker and it was like, I think it was wu Wuginsburg, but I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 2: Not at seven o'clock in the morning. It might have been Emperor.
Speaker 7: Now this was seven in the morning because I called religiously every morning, okay, and one day.
Speaker 3: I got onnest.
Speaker 7: It was very exciting. And then and then when I heard it, of course, the whole thing had like a seven minute, you know, seven second delay. I was just so impressed that I actually was able to get onto a Boston talk show radio show.
Speaker 2: I could sing the whole thing, but I won't.
Speaker 7: You know, what the what does that song even mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely nothing. Was just another record by Chubby Checker, hoping the novelty of it would sell oodles and oodles.
Speaker 3: Of records, which apparently it did.
Speaker 2: Apparently it did. Yeah, all right, Majorie, I'm almost up to a break time, but thank you for calling.
Speaker 7: Oh again, well, and thank you by the way. I just I heard more ads about Boston than I've heard in decades. So k I live in New York, and as you know, there's no lack of music in New York. But there is nothing with the character, nothing of the character of the Winnaker brothers here, nothing that is so both intimate and can be small, can be large, can be relied on to always be down to earth and wonderful to big part of so anyhow, congratulations to Bill and Bow and many many, many more years I hope, thank you.
Speaker 2: For your call. Thank you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.
Speaker 3: Bye bye too bye.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take my break. We've got two people online, Nick and Debbie, and we've got another patriotic song. And I promised you guys would give you a backstory. So we have a lot of things to do over the next thirty minutes. Time and temperature nine thirty seventy two degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Ray on wb Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I missed Belle Bivdevo tonight. Darn. They only had two major hits. They had the song do Me and they had the song oh oh, what was the other one? Bill Bow? Do you know my other bell Bivdevo song? Poisons? They did the song poison as well. That girl was poison. I'm not going to go any further. You guys ready to go back to the phones? Yes, sir, and let me tell you something. He standard at eight o'clock. We had full lines before I even said the first word into the microphone. We've had full lines for the past ninety plus minutes. So now who do I go to next? Nick and Stoughton? Nick, you're online one. Happy fourth of July to you.
Speaker 8: So thank you very much. Happy fourth of July to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I've been following the winners for a few years now, and uh, I just want to say that these guys can play anything. I mean, you know we're talking about you know, it sounds like you're talking about old, old kind of music. It's not true. These guys can play anything. They go their top hits of the day, and they play out at public places and stuff, and they do a lot of private work. But they're probably about the best wedding band you can find, man, if you're a young couple getting married. I mean, these guys really put on a show. They just don't get up and play music. They really entertained. They put on they they can do any size. They can do any size. I mean they can put a sixteen to twenty piece band together, you know. I mean anything you need, from a trio to.
Speaker 4: A quartet to a you know, bull size orchestra.
Speaker 8: And one thing I wanted to mention was I heard Bow and Bill Winter. Now are you going to be playing on Columbus Day at a place called the Wellington in Belmont?
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, we have a bunch coming up there for sure, yep.
Speaker 2: And that's for the public.
Speaker 8: That's a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: That is for the public.
Speaker 5: Beautiful place that's for the public. Yeah, well it's beautiful place.
Speaker 2: Tell us the days and the day, the date, the time, everything we need to know, even though it's not till October.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think it's the twentieth of October if I've got it correct.
Speaker 8: It's not the twelfth.
Speaker 5: Maybe it is, of course it's the twelfth. Yeah, it's the twelve. Okay, it's from twelve to twelve to two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One the Wellington, Wellington, seventy five.
Speaker 8: Leonard Street in Belmont.
Speaker 5: Great, thanks Nick for you Do you get that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got it, and so did thirty eight states in Canada.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, well, thanks very much.
Speaker 8: It's goad to talk to you guys, and Morgan, thank you for having these guys on. And we should have the one a little more.
Speaker 2: I have them on about every two or three months, nicked, and they can't and you want to know what they've been. Many times they politely have had to tell me no because of a prior engagement.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well they're busy, busy, busy, and.
Speaker 2: Here it is the fourth of July. I had to ask them to come on on their vacation. They're up in Maine on vacation.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, well that's great. Well, I wish you all very happy for us.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: Take care. Nick. Thank you for calling. Good evening. All right, now, guys, while we see if somebody else wants to take that line. They've got two ladies. One is in Beverly named Andrea, and one is in Needham named Debbie. But why don't you give.
Speaker 5: Me Let's go to the call and then we'll do the backstory.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough. Then let's first go to Debbie and Needham Line three. Hello, Hello, Debbie.
Speaker 6: Hi, how are you tonight? Happy four?
Speaker 2: Happy fourth to you too?
Speaker 4: Which w this is this Debbie Block?
Speaker 6: It is? It's Debbie Block. And I have Aton sitting beside me.
Speaker 9: Well, oh too.
Speaker 4: These are two great people. Aton plays drums and Debbie puts on wonderful shows, uh, themanic shows about Broadway, some of the great Broadway shows. She entertains at all the senior communities, and she's dynamic, and she's been good to us. She's recommended us to a lot of places.
Speaker 2: And Debbie, I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you. I'm I'm gonna tell you my favorite love song.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm Broadway.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see if forget it with this clue, the man singing the song is singing it to himself in the mirror.
Speaker 4: I got that one, but it's all yours.
Speaker 6: No wait a minute, no, no, I'm no tells to what it.
Speaker 2: Is go ahead and tell her.
Speaker 6: You have to give me.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 4: Mirror without really trying.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 6: Oh that, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I like it. Ay, Robert Morse, not Matthew Brederick.
Speaker 6: Ah, okay, because Robert Morris.
Speaker 2: Could sing Matthew Broderick. It was okay, I'll leave it at that. Leave it at that. But he's singing. He's singing it to himself in a mirror. You've got the cool, clear eyes of a secret of wisdom and truth, And he's singing to himself.
Speaker 6: Can you sing it to me?
Speaker 2: Me saying did you hear that? Guys? She requested me to sing. She requested me to sing, You've got the cool, clear eyes of a secret of wisdom and truth. Get this that up, turn grin the smile of impetuous youth. I believe in you, Yes, I believe in you. Does that ring a bell?
Speaker 6: Beautiful? No, I'm not really up on that show, to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well that's a good.
Speaker 6: Business, but I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 2: A lot of great songs came out of that musical, The Secret Again, Your Secretary is not a toy. The Brotherhood of Man. Yeah, great songs from that musical. Now you called.
Speaker 6: The fireworks go off?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you called to speak to Bill and Bow, so I'm backing out and leting the three of you just talk. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, actually I just wanted to I do have a little wedding story that I wanted to bring up to reminisce about or tell you about, or hello, Bo and Bill, how are you for it?
Speaker 5: Thank you for calling, You're welcome.
Speaker 6: And my sister. About thirty five years ago, my sister, my young youngest sister, Julie, got married and where was the Chelmsford in that area? And Bill, Bill and Bo and their band then I think they had how many pieces around that time, eight pieces? But they married, they were they were the wedding band. So whenever I ran into them, I always say, oh, this this, these are the guys that married my sister. That's the best way.
Speaker 10: To put it.
Speaker 6: I've gotten in a lot of trouble by saying that, But that's my little backstory, my story about Bill and Ba. They're incredible performers as the guy, as Nick said before me, so that I think it was in Boston.
Speaker 4: You know, Dev has been very supportive of us at the role she's been out there three or four times. You might tell the crowd what it's like out there.
Speaker 6: It's great. I mean, there's always a big group of people there. It's always full house. Everybody has a lot of energy, a lot of musical performing artists go in there, and and it's just a great crowd of people who really love music or are in music, or somehow related to music. So it's a wonderful time, isn't that either?
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 7: How could it be bad?
Speaker 2: How could it be bad? Debbie? Thank you for your call.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for talking to me, and thank you for having the Winnipards there.
Speaker 2: Okay, and time is up, so I gotta let you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Weekend by. Whoever takes Debbie's line will probably be the last person to speak with Bill and Bow. I've got Ruth and brook Line and Andrea in Beverly, so that line.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's take Andrea in Beverly because she's been waiting a long time.
Speaker 2: Well she's been waiting about eleven minutes, but I got to take a break, So unfortunately she's got another two or three minutes to be patient and hold. But she will be the next call that we take and time and temperature here on night Side nine forty four seventy two degrees.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Easy, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Dan is off for the next five night sides, not coming this week. I will be here next Thursday and Friday. I'm Morgan White Junior. Bradley Jay will be filling in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Dan should be back on the fourteenth of July. Andrea, who's online two, is called in from Beverly and she wants to speak to Bill and Bow Winnaker. Andrea, welcome aboard.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Hi everybody.
Speaker 5: Happy for name to you.
Speaker 4: Great to hear your voice.
Speaker 9: It's me. I told you I'm here. Yay, okay. First of all, I want to say you know I grew thank you. I love these guys. I just want to say something quick before I say anything about billan Bow, which is important. I grew up with a mom who was into Broadway, and we had how to succeed in business without really trying, playing in the house all the time, as well as Bye Bye Birdie and you know, hundreds of brothers. So I mean, I listened to those songs growing up all the time in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Did you agree with me when I said, probably the greatest love song on Broadway is a guy singing it to himself because he's trying to boost himself up.
Speaker 9: Well, I think the theory is nice. I think it's a little more I think it's a little more romantic when he's looking at someone else. But I suppose the fact that he's looking at himself is a nice thought. Well, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think he loved his girlfriend Rosemary Jay.
Speaker 9: Is Yeah, like Morris Day with the mirror, But that's okay. Yeah, so Bill and Bow I love these guys. I actually we had them perform for us a couple of times for a wonderful charity north of Boston called Grateful Friends, and they came in and what I really love about them, aside from their their obvious talent, is the fact that they are there's they're wonderful humans. They're just so kind, They're always they have this beautiful aura about them, positivity. There's just there's a there's a warmth that is consistent in the family. And I think that's really what what is sort of the cherry on top. I guess as they say.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I agree. I said that during the first hour that once you've become friendly with them and they've become friendly with you, it's a lifelong friendship. I really not seeing them unable to remember appearing at an event. We've had what twenty something calls tonight up to now, and every person says, I love what you guys did you did this with my mother. We we had you at this event, this wedding, and they recall every incident.
Speaker 9: That's because they're humble and they don't forget anything or anyone, and that's very special. They don't take anything for granted. I'm just telling you that's how I mean. I think everyone would agree with that. But I mean even when they when they meet so we know they're loyal, but when they first meet people, even there's an instant, there's an instant warmth and connection with pretty much everybody connects with the Winnakers because there's we all need people like this right now these days.
Speaker 2: And that sentence you just said, everybody connects with the Winnakers. Home run statement, home run hands, thank you.
Speaker 9: I slid into home base. Okay, okay, hey, let me let me just say something yeah, sure, I.
Speaker 4: Just want to tell you something, Morgan. Yes, Morgan, Andy is a fantastic singer. She's got a duo and she sings the classics of the seventies. I grew up with the sixties and seventies music, and Morgan, you love sevenies these music. Yes, she's she's got such a great voice and she just gives get goose bumps from the memory see Delivery.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Yeah you remember when like when that girl broke up with you in high school, or we sing all these everybody's like, oh no, I remember that song as though I was feeling when I heard that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we have a lot of fun. We have a du well, we have a good time and you know we're we we enjoy It's joyful, right, isn't music joyful? That's what it's about. It's joyful, right, Yeah, it's joyful. And I want to say too about Bell BIV Devout. Don't understate those guys, remember so I think a couple of them came from New Edition.
Speaker 2: They're all from New.
Speaker 9: Edition, right, So I mean we've got to be proud of our Dorchester boys. And yeah, they're wonderful. Yeah, I actually thought they it was terrific that they went off and they they kind of did a separate project and was so successful. I heard that song poison in the stop the shop all the time. That girl is yeah right, nothing like dancing through the check outline here on that one.
Speaker 2: So dub yes, go ahead, Morgan.
Speaker 4: Andy's a Brookline High graduate too.
Speaker 9: And what year seventy nine?
Speaker 2: Oh? Then I was long gone by then?
Speaker 9: What how what house were you in which I was shaler? Now that one, I don't know. There was Acres Lincoln, Lincoln, okay.
Speaker 2: Rob they had fire and packered. They had five houses, right, they retired one for four years as they went around.
Speaker 9: So maybe maybe it was that was when I was there, because we yeah, I must have been in yeah, retired. So you have mister langy in for typing.
Speaker 2: I didn't have typing.
Speaker 9: We had miss miss Langin for our typing teacher. Of course, now everybody's texting and typing. But at the time that one finger type this thing was was a big deal, right, yeah, But now everybody's everybody's the one finger type is now if.
Speaker 2: This time, because we have another call and I want them to tell their backstory, I'll tell you my typing story when I entered junior college. But we don't have time now, and Andrew got to say good night to you. But I've enjoyed your call.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much. Hey, Bill and Bo. Happy for love you guys. We'll love you more.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 9: All right, Okay, you're welcome, take care, thank you, thank you, Margin You're welcome here.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Brookline, Ruth is in Brookline, probably the last call of the evening, good evening, Ruth.
Speaker 10: Hi, can't hear man loud.
Speaker 4: And clear, Ruth, Ruth.
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 10: Okay, so this is this was meant to be because I was in Shalor House.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what years?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but way before you, Morgan. I graduated in nineteen sixty six, all right, it was Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't way before me, because you graduated in sixty six and I entered school Brooklyn High in sixty seven.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we.
Speaker 10: Were strangers passing through the night.
Speaker 2: Again, Thank you, Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 10: Yes we could sing the Brookline High School Alma mata. But let's talk about the winners for a minutes.
Speaker 2: The floor is yours, the floor is all.
Speaker 10: Right, you are you already heard from my sister Margie. In New York, so I couldn't let her one up me.
Speaker 5: You know, I understand, and I didn't know.
Speaker 10: I didn't hear everything she said, so she probably talked about how incredible the Winnkers have been with our late mother, who just absolutely adored them, and it was was a lover of music and was the lover of the Winnekers. So I won't go over all that untase she already talked about that. I wanted to just add a couple of points that maybe other people didn't say tonight. I don't know, first of all, what a pleasure it was and hopefully will continue to be to have the Winnakers actually perform in my home and Brookline for a big birthday a few years ago, and also last summer to other members of their group performed from my husband for a big birthday in our home. And having the Winnakers perform in your home is it's indescribable.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And the other thing I wanted to say is I particularly appreciate how much I have actually learned from Bill Winnaker, in particular, who, as you know, in concerts, add lots of commentary and historical background to every single song they performed.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and so it's not it's more than just a wonderful listening experience. It's also an educational experience.
Speaker 2: Ruth, thank you for the call. I'm glad you get your comments in because I'm almost out of time. But for a fellow Shalor House member will show the world we will.
Speaker 3: Ruth.
Speaker 10: Hey, so if we were a bus in Salor House, did you have Missus Ogden and mister.
Speaker 2: Wall No, but they were in. They were there teaching.
Speaker 10: They were my deans and sailor House of Blessed Memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not have one of them.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm going to send love to Bill and Bow in the background there, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well we're sending it right back to you.
Speaker 4: Too, Ruth.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call.
Speaker 10: Good okay, so much good night and Bill and Bow.
Speaker 2: I saved like ten seconds for you. Thank you, especially giving up part of your vacation evening on the fourth of July. You see how many people love you, loved what you did for them, and will never stop loving you. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Perfect and on that note, I gotta say good night to you guys. News is next, and then well I'll have Jack right. You take care now, Brye bye. Time and temperature nine fifty eight seventy two degrees