Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Games.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Bianchi Jr.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Kaufin and Lynn Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Mike the Bulldog Bianchi from the luxury condo deep in the bowels of Metro West somewhere.
Speaker 4: Good morning, gents. Did you see the reception that our little leaguers got when they returned home? Yesterday? The Lake Mary Little League team returned to home the Orlando International Airport. The flight from Newark, New Jersey. It landed at OIA. It was greeted with a water cannon salute on the runway. The airport played we are the champions over the PA system.
Speaker 3: My heroes, Welcome Dog.
Speaker 4: It was. The airline workers held the team's championship banner, led them off the plane. All the media outlets were there. You know, the interview the players and the coaches.
Speaker 1: The way it should be.
Speaker 3: Yep, it was.
Speaker 4: It was. It was an unbelievable I said this sort of in just last week. I said, if Lake Mary ends up winning the Little League World Series, it would be the greatest uh team team accomplishment in the history of Orlando's sports. I'll tell you what. The response in the euphoria that we're seeing sort of sort of proves it, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a parade.
Speaker 4: On Saturday, you know, political declarations like Mary Little League Day, all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Pat was watching, We were we were looking up at the TV yesterday and there were tweets from like Orlando City and you know MLB and then and the Orlando Magic. And Pat said, oh, Orlando City on the Magic. You guys, two teams that don't have a championship a little pressure.
Speaker 4: UCF is trying to do something to honor them at their season opener on Thursday. Although listen to this, evidently there's some sort of there's some sort of ends. It could be an NCUBA violation because the players are of recruiting age.
Speaker 1: I guess I was almost sure you were gonna say nil. And it's in that direction.
Speaker 4: Yes, let the kids twelve. I guess when once you hit twelve you become of recruiting age or something. I don't know. So anyway, so congratulations once again to the Lake Mary Little leaguers. By the way, FSU is getting hammered by the national media after Saturday's You know upset season opening loss to Georgia Tech. I was watching all the debate shows yesterday, just hammering Florida State PTI, Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser on ESPN last night telling FSU now to shut up because of all the you know, complaining they did when they got left out of the college football playoff.
Speaker 3: Hey, did they go through with their plans to go sight seeing the day after the game?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's what was their playing. They were apparently so confident they were gonna win, they were gonna do a little sight seeing because they don't play again until what a week from Monday.
Speaker 1: Before everybody keeps on piling on because I know people are piling on. Do remember that, as you pointed out yesterday, they lost ten people to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Well, so did every other college.
Speaker 4: See Lynch is one of he's one of the NFL. You're you're you know what this reminds me of. It reminds me of a UCF back in twenty seventeen when they complained about the playoff system and then they self proclaim the Sales National champions. They became sort of a hated school. Everybody was taking shots on FSU's the same way now because they complained about not getting into the playoff last year. Now they're considered whiners and people hate them.
Speaker 3: I'm just being an agitator here, but in all seriousness, they're not gonna be the only team that's probably disappointed by the results of their transfer portal move ins. You know, there's probably gonna be some more of that going on. Is we get fired up here with the season in earnest this weekend.
Speaker 1: All of them we've said the transfer portal is the worst thing ever. Sorry, this anil is garbage. I'm sorry, good lord.
Speaker 4: Okay. By the way, Florida State, I'm sorry Florida and Miami play this weekend. A little pole question for you. Which coach needs to win this game more? Mario Crystoball who has a losing record at Miami or Billy Napier has a losing record at Florida. Both of them started two years ago, both started at the same time. Who needs this game more? Dude?
Speaker 3: I'd probably say Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because yeah, I agree with you. Mario Crystal bals he has a longer contract than Billy Naper, his buyouts more than Napier. So yeah, I would say crystal Ball as well. They're not going to buy out Mario crystal Ball, whereas Florida could buy out Billy Napier after this season if he has a bad season.
Speaker 3: Hey, so there is an odd occurrence in Major League Baseball. Yeah, esterday, guys, Yeah, what about it? Danny Janssen, he becomes the first player to play for both teams in a single game. How does that happen? Bulldog? You want to try to explain it?
Speaker 4: Well, Evidently after a game in June between the Red Sox and the Blue Jays, it was suspended by rain. Jansen played for Toronto at the time, but was then traded to Boston on July twenty seven. So yeah, and then the rain. Then on Monday, Jansen substituted for the catcher.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how he would have been at bat for Toronto had so where the game resumed, his replacement player was at bat while he was behind the plate.
Speaker 2: Listen to this, and so we pick it up as a suspended game for game number one, and Danny Janson a month later traded to the Boston Red Sox, and here he is behind the play in a Red Sox uniform and ready to catch the rest of what was his a bath tuning in for a bit of history here nder is center built down for a base hit. So Jansen becomes the first man to get a knock today for the Red Sox. I guess that's fitting with the history he made earlier.
Speaker 3: Today's his day. Go try to wrap your head around that.
Speaker 4: God unbelievable. Wow. All right.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of Open Mic, over and AM seven forty f ninety six to nine, The Game on adjacent tussy Each weekday morning, he takes a few minutes out of his show to join us for the sports page here on JRR, brought to you by Kaufman Inland.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff copp And every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six to nine. In the game, you can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, ritenco on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app
Speaker 3: From the Boat