Speaker 1: It's night with Dan Ray. I'm tell Boston's Radio, all.
Speaker 2: Right, twentieth hour of the week upcoming, and this is the hour in which we try to get you to the weekend. And of course it is now summer officially throughout our listening audience. Well maybe it's still fall. I'm not sure. Well it is, I get I don't know. I could be wrong on that. Some meteorologists have to tell me. I know that summer arrived differently here every year. I guess it's you know, the how can I describe it?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: The the Earth crosses, well, the Earth's crosses the meridian, the equator. And now we're we're in the We're in the summer as we're moving around the sun, obviously, but that's but now we're we're we are pretty soon going to be seeing days get a little shorter, but they're going to stay warm for the next couple of months. Just don't worry about that. Look, I am not going to go over all the things we talked about this week. We did talk a lot about the Karen Reid case this week, as I'm sure you would have expected. That was really the dominant conversation we talked last night a little bit about Juneteenth, we talked about Donald Trump's decision on Iran and how he's going to handle this. He now says they'll deal with it two weeks forward, so we'll see. But a lot of it has been Middle East, and a lot of it has been Karen Reid. And matter of fact, one night we didn't even have our normal eight o'clock hour with our four guests. By the way, we will have we were supposed to have last night at nine o'clock. Sean O'Brien, president of the Teamsters Union. Sean will join us now, I'm told Monday night at nine o'clock and take phone calls as well as talk with me. So it's been a fine week, busy week, as they say, big focus on the Middle East, as you would expect, and a big focus on Karen Reid. The Karen read criminal trial is in the rearview mirror, and there may be some focus on her civil trial. I'm not necessarily certain it's going to be with the same intensity that it was. I don't think it could be the same intensity as the criminal trial. So here's what I'd like to do today. When Marita aka Lightning was doing the pregame at four point thirty on Nightside with Dan Ray, which is shown on Facebook. That's one of our Facebook pages. And she had a recommendation, and I think it was from b C Carey, our friend who served in the Navy, and his suggestion was, and guess what, I've had a long week. I've had a really frustrating day for a number of reasons, none of which you need to be aware of. But believe me, this week will deal with a number of frustrations. Let me put it like that, none of which you need to know about. But as a consequence, the suggestion was made by BC Carey, who comes from the Chelmsford area and you also see him reporting from Erie, Pennsylvania. He has family down there, that it might be fun for all of us as we approach summer. And now we're in summer, by the way, but as we approach the long, hazy days of summer. One of the great things about summer is food. Whether or not it is your cookouts, your barbecues, it is just that time of year when you can kind of just have fun. But I want to broaden it a little bit. And bccre BC Carey suggest that we broaden it a little bit too, and talk about your favorite meal growing up. So that's my comment. My topic is tonight, I would like to know what was your favorite meal. It could be a once a year meal, I guess, or it could be back in the day when families would have dinner every night, maybe there was a favorite meal that you had. Maybe maybe there was a favorite Sunday dinner. Families used to have Sunday dinners. I know that I had kind of a couple of favorite meals. I always look forward to Thanksgiving. There was something about Thanksgiving that was very important to me. It was sort of the beginning of the holiday season. And I loved and I still do love turkey, but I really loved turkey back in those days. It was it was great and you'd have it once a year, and that's what I think made it great. It was once a year. But my favorite meal as a kid growing up, and it was always a Sunday dinner, would be when my mom, who was a good cook, she would have roast beef for Sunday for Sunday dinner and there would be oven cooked potatoes with the in the pan with the roast beef, and then there would be some vegetables on the table.
Speaker 4: It was a it was kind of a standard meal. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it's it's something that I miss. To be really honest with you, we don't do a lot of family Sunday dinners the way I think as a as a country, or as a nation, or as a people. So what I'm going to do is just we open up the lines and give you an opportunity to reflect on your favorite meal. It could have been a home cooked meal, it could have been an outdoor meal, it could have been it might be breakfast. Your favorite meal.
Speaker 2: That was there a meal that of all the other meals that you had that just was special to you, and why, whether it was cooked by your your mother. Back in those days, dad dads didn't do a lot of cooking. And of course many of you are younger, so maybe the type of meals that people in my audience who are younger remember a little differently than the more traditional meals that people like myself from the baby boomer generation remember. So it's wide open, it's wide open, and we're just talking food. What a better way to end the week and get us to summer than talking food. Six One seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, one seven nine three one ten thirty. Let's light it up. Your favorite meal. If you want to reference a meal made by your grandma. I mean, there are a lot of people I never had that. To be really honest with you, we that was not the way it worked in our home. But maybe that's the way it worked in your home. And there was a meal that grandma cooked every month or so, and that was where all cousins came whatever. So then the number six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty and six one seven, nineth three one ten thirty, let's light them up. This is this is the this is the fun hour of the week. Let's enjoy one another's stories and reminiscences. And maybe there's a meal that you have right now that's your favorite meal, nothing wrong with that. It doesn't have to be from long, long ago and far far away. We're coming right back on night Side. Join us at six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Come on right back.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get it going here. I want to build an appetite here for the weekend and for the summer. This is the time during the summer when food is much more outside than it is at other times during the year. Let me go to Buck in Gloucester. See what Buck's favorite meal was. Buck, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Pell?
Speaker 6: You're fabulous. No one would know you had a tough week, but when that microphone is on your stellar every time, and I can't.
Speaker 2: Even tell you, okay, And it's got nothing to do with tragedies or anything like that. It was it was. It was primarily computer oriented. Let's put it like that.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, no, okay, I'm picturing myself in the high school years in northern Baltimore County and my mother would make turkey meal with mashed potatoes.
Speaker 6: And maybe there's some other side things for sure, but that was great and I loved it. And and it could have been at Thanksgiving and Easter as well, you know. And and today my wife she will accommodate her brothers coming in from Connecticut, act in Masson and she has has like Thanksgiving and get this, I'm vegan for now thirty five years. Oh heck yes, and I still have a bounty to eat. I just don't eat the turkey, you know, and listen to this. I always take the carcass up to Ravenswood and I put it there and like at night and the next morning it's going there's nothing there. Mother nature has cleaned up.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: You know the funny funny thing about it is, I last week I had a fellow on who had written a book about Mike Dococcus called the Duke, called Duke simply the Duke Duke Okay, Scott Kerman, huh. And he spent a lot of time, a lot of time with Mike Ducaccus. And one of the things that they talked about, there's just like kitchen table conversations, was that somehow Docaccus there was some sort of a story done in Ducaccas and he talked about how that he liked turkey soup and his neighbors bringing turkey carcasses and leaving them on his doorstep and so much that he would produce turkey soup and then distributed in the neighborhood as only Mike Ducaccus would. I mean, let's sassination, let's be on it. Yeah, it's just a funny story that you would mention that you would take who what animal would take advantage of the carcass would you know?
Speaker 6: Or no? Well, yeah, I would think coyotes. I think coyotes at different times at night, and I would think maybe maybe raccoons there there at night. But you know this, six hundred acres of ravens would behind us. And then we look over Stage four park and by the way, we're having that big reenactment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we talked well, we talked about that in the first hour with tonight with Kendall Buele WBS reporters. So enjoy the weekend. You got it to reenactment two days, both Saturday and Sunday. Buck, there's it like a double had got that right?
Speaker 6: All right, man, We just got to protect our parking spaces. O.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that. Good luck with that. I guess they are running shuttle buses, which is a good thing. Buck is always thanks so much, never disappoint.
Speaker 6: Well, thanks for a great week always. Okay A one, All.
Speaker 2: Right right doctor soon let me I actually have two lines here. I got one at six one seven two ten thirty that Buck just abandoned, so that's available, and I have one at six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Let me go next to Tom in Easton, Massachusetts. Tom, you were next on Nightsiger. Right ahead, Hi Tom? Your favorite meal?
Speaker 8: My favor was two new castrole tuna noodle casserole. Well that's a pretty if you're a Catholic and during the lens you can't eat meat on Friday, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, uh, I gotta tell you, I got pretty good at cooking for my kids a chicken kind of a chicken casserole with rice and broccoli, which I really liked. But I don't think my wife particularly liked my cooking, so that has kind of gone the way of all things natural. But someday, you know, you could cook it, and you could. You can't have leftovers with it, which is so important, you know. So yeah, that's a tuna. That sounds good, That sounds real good.
Speaker 8: Do you ever have castle?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know, I like tuna, to be really honest with you. And any casserole dish is always good. What would you have with it? Rice or tuna? And rice or tuna? And what what else was in the killer?
Speaker 8: It's like a dish of pasta?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, good, so you got pasta obviously as the as the the castle role, uh and tuna. Would you have veggies in it or just tuna and pasta?
Speaker 8: No, it's like a castle dish.
Speaker 2: Well I know what at but I'm saying I look at it as you got pasta and you got tuna. Was there anything else or just pasta and tuna? Just okay, tuna castrole it is. Then I appreciate that. Thank you, Tom.
Speaker 8: They Yeah, we have a mutual friend. By the way, who would that be, Buddy Summer? Is the Boston Cup retired?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: When you see him say hello for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks Tommy.
Speaker 2: You want a headset or something. And you're a little bit of delay between you and me here, I just was.
Speaker 8: A little No, I'm on my phone.
Speaker 2: No, you're your cell phone. Okay, Well, thank you Tom. I appreciate your call. We'll talk again. Thank you very much. Turn to castor O. All right, yeah, let me go next to Florence. Up and grovel in Florence. Was this a meal you cooked or your mom or your grandmam cooked?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: Goodies name and it was kneeled at once a week every week My grandmother and grandfather cooked. I grew up on lobster.
Speaker 2: You grew up on lobster? Where'd you lucky? Geez?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 2: Anybody he grew up? I don't know anyone Florence who can honestly say they grew up on lobster.
Speaker 12: Once a week.
Speaker 10: And my English family was very big on fish, all right. And my grandfather came from give Meckshire, England, on the coast right, and as I said, they were very big on fish. It was the main thing once a week with all the family, the aunts, uncles, cousins, big feed and a couple of the little bit older cousins. Always one of them would take a lobster and chase us younger kids around the house with it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that that sort of added to the festivities. I'm sure hopefully it never got caught. So would they would they do it in the casserole Florence? Or was did everybody get a lobster?
Speaker 10: Oh no, the lobsters on the big platter, and everybody would you know, get their share, and us kids would have the little legs you know in our tools.
Speaker 2: Good for you, that's it, good for you. Well, you know, I've never met anyone who's face who had who was treated as well. That's that's a great story. Florence brings back some great memories. All right, Thanks Florence. Have a great weekend and enjoy summer and have some leaks.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, I left you a little message too about maybe and they shorts you to another twentieth hour you could do.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I looked at that today, but I didn't read any of my emails today.
Speaker 10: I will get it in the next an appeal to your call.
Speaker 2: All right, that sounds great. You've you've made good recommendations before. Thanks Florence, we'll talk soon. Gonna go next to Steve and Merrimack, New Hampshire up north of the border. Hey Steve, welcome, Hey Dan.
Speaker 13: I just want to say your your finest hour I think was that Wednesday show. Every all the ingredients for a great show.
Speaker 2: Well, that was all Karen, Karen Reid. That was the night of when they when did the decision came down? Yeah, that was.
Speaker 13: It, all the controversy. You you looked at every angle and every aspect of the case.
Speaker 2: And you know, I appreciate that because well think no, I take that as a high compliment to be really honestly, because that's what I tried to do.
Speaker 13: You spent four hours on that. I mean, that was the most I think you've ever that I've been listening to that you spent on one topic.
Speaker 2: Very really but but the phones were busy all night long and everybody had a point of view on it. And guess what I think once the verdicts came down, people just wanted to get it off their chest and they wanted to say what they were going to say, simple.
Speaker 13: Ast, whether you agreed, whether or not everybody agreed, we were tired of hearing about it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I think I think it was I think there was a little Karen Reid fatigue, That's what I think. And I think people just felt, you guess what, did have gone on too long? And as we found out last night from the pollster that that jury pool in Norfolk County, Wow, there was the prosecution didn't have much support at all amongst voters and jors in Norfolk County. So what what's your favorite dish growing up?
Speaker 13: Okay, you're gonna like this one, you know. As I've mentioned before, I grew up an Indover, YEP and my grandmother lived with us and when I was a teenager, she would make French toast frum scratch with vanilla extract and powder sugar, eight slices consecutive mornings. You know, if you were to add up the calories on eight full slices of French toast, yeah, you know, I think it's around four thousand calories. That could be wrong. But you know I had a thirty two inch waist that I never gained any weight.
Speaker 2: Well, in those days, your metabolism was a little better. That's what's going on there, you know that. No, that's I love fred.
Speaker 13: So you know I love friends. I still French toast like.
Speaker 2: You meat too. I'd make it every once in a while. I had pancakes one night for dinner this week. Again. You know, I'm a guy, and i'm you know, I'm home at five point thirty at night. Gotta eat something. So I had chocolate chip pancakes one night. It was either that or a can of soup, and I decided, well, let me cook. So pancakes, but no French toast. I love French toast as well. And uh, if you have a grandmother making that from scratch, oh, I love you know.
Speaker 13: I can't tell you how much I love my grandmother. You know, she died in eighty seven. She was one of the best, the nicest person you'd ever want to meet.
Speaker 2: So well, you know, a lot of us have memories of grandmother's and when you neither of my grandmothers ever cooked as I don't remember, and they I didn't have them long as a kid. You know, my dad had been in World War Two and you know his uh, you know, his family plans were were delayed a little bit. So no, it's uh, you're a lucky guy, Steve. Let me tell you and thank you for your kind words early. That was awfully nice of you too.
Speaker 14: Uh. I love you. You do a great job. You put up Yeah people others, I mean when I do that, because yeah, I know, you get mad about it. As a listener, I get mad about it too. Yeah, I mean, I you know what I mean. Right when they start referencing somebody else's show, Uh, they're just asking for treasure.
Speaker 2: Well they are. And it's like, my job here is not to talk about other people's shows. My job is here is to talk about what we're talking about. Steve has always have a great weekend. Okay, I'm gonna try you take care of all right, We'll talk to you as well. Go take a break for the news at the bottom of the hour. What we're looking for are new callers, different callers, regular callers. Tell me, was there a favorite meal you had when you were growing up? And it could be breakfast, lunch, your dinner, and this generally your favorite meal is related to maybe a favorite parent, and all parents are favorite favorite grandparent. As Steve was, feel free to join the conversation. The only lines that are open right now six seven nine three one ten thirty. Don't waste dial in the other number. Dial six one seven nine three one ten thirty and will get you on. I promise your favorite meal growing up for me once a year turkey. That was the one time of year when we would have turkey. Of course, then we would have turkey for two or three nights after they've end up with turkey leftovers, turkey soup and all that. My favorite meal was Sunday roast beef, potatoes cut up and cooked with the roast beef. They were great and whatever vegetables were available, green beans or whatever, just it was for me. It was a it was a very typical meal, but it was my favorite meal. Coming back on night side right after these messages, you're.
Speaker 1: On night Side with Dan Ray on waz Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Now, if you try and get through and you're getting a busy signal, you're dialing six months seven, two, five, four to ten thirty to avoid a busy signal. I got two lines at six months even, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Going next to Maureene in Brockton. Hey, Maureene, welcome back. How are you hi?
Speaker 11: Thank you Dan for taking my call and doing good. And I only wish for health and healing for your voice for this weekend.
Speaker 5: So LUs of rest.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's just a cold. I'm pretty sure I've had it. Maybe it's allergies. I don't know. It's just been miserable and had all sorts of computer issues. So that's it's been kind of a bad combination. But I did get a lot of help today from one of our people at wv Z. I rode over to Medford and we have one great guy there. His name is Terry Carr. He was able to get something done on my computer that had baffled other people. And he's a great guy and he knows how to he knows how to treat people. He's just an asset to the company.
Speaker 11: That's all to the orchanege Oh, excellent, excellent, So I'll make mine real quick. My mother and father had seven kids. My father was born in Ireland. My father was a meat and potato man.
Speaker 2: Well that was my family, that was no doubt. That's how I grew up.
Speaker 11: My mother's mother was from Ireland. I see, I don't know my grandparents because I was very young, and my mother's father was from England. But my father was this is what he wants. And my mother really couldn't, you know, she really couldn't like experiment, et cetera. Well, I lost my father in nineteen seventy nine and I lost my mother in twenty seventeen. But my mother, it didn't matter what she made. She would throw pork chops and salt and lipten onion soup. Mix this all in the crock pots. You throw in frozen veggie. She'd throw whatever she could she found. I tell you every single mail. I can't tell you what my favorite mail is because everything she made was just fantastic.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'll put you down as Mom's cooking. And here's the thing. Some people, you know, some people have a green thumb. They're great gardeners no matter what they plant, grows and all of that. And then there are some people like you mom, who just have a sense of how to cook. But that's what it comes down to. I guess, well, she must have been a fabulous cook.
Speaker 11: She and she would always apologize and I would say, you know, you're throwing chicken in the crock part. It's throwing this. I mean it just there was no need to apologize. But everything she did. When when you mentioned that, I was like, yeah, I get a you know the cruck part was was he her? You know again? It was she could she could experiment with different flavors. She would throw in saucer and looked it onion soup mixt. Once she passed, my sisters found boxes and boxes of expired lofted onion soups in the in the pantry, and she has such a stock in that.
Speaker 2: That's okay. It worked, It worked, It worked, and that could be a big part of it, because onion soups pretty tasty, that's for sure. Thanks my weekend, You have a great weekend. Thank you so much. Okay, my voice is gonna hold up all the way till till midnight. I'm sure, happy summer you.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Glenn. Glenn, let to know what your favorite meal was growing up or.
Speaker 3: Down with my dad's cooking? Cooking because my dad taught my mother how to cook.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay. A lot of dads who were in the military learned how to cook and they brought those skills home.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He was in the Navy with George Bush, the father. They were ensigns in the Navy World War Two. They called them the Georgie Porgie brothers.
Speaker 2: Dad, So your dad was served with President Bush forty one? Yes, well did he was? He able to keep in touch with him during you know, you know during the Bush political years.
Speaker 3: Wow, up until the eighties he was. But then when I don't know, Bush just sort of George Bushes sort of stopped sending them car you know, they were going back and forth like a Christmas Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well he got a little busy in the eighties. He became vice president. Yeah, that'll do it. That'll do it. So what was your favorite meal? You're growing up for resident adult gun either way?
Speaker 3: Both. But when I was growing up, well, it's a summertime. You know. My dad was known for steak tips, and I forget what kind of mariny sauce he had, but he had steak tips, he had macaroni shallowd thaas garden shall it was Russian dressing, and a beer.
Speaker 2: That sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: I wasn't supposed to have been eight years old. Well, my mother was dying of breast cancer. So on the Labor Day weekend of sixty one, when I was eight, he actually we had a cook out in the bed. My dad was good with the charcoal and the we had the light of fluid, the ronson light of fluid. You could smell it. I love the smell of ronson lighter fluid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, again, as they say, it's different, different shokes of different folks. I mean again, you're look at the the I forget, well, you had Florence with lobsters and he had Steve with French toast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were different.
Speaker 2: Those are very different. And Maureen, who's had a mom who was who was a magician with a crock pot. It's great now memory. Let me tell you, I hope you have many barbecues this summer. Okay, that's what you got to do.
Speaker 3: Well in nineteen seventy three. When I graduated from school, my dad decided to buy albachi because it's faster. Yeah, And he said some what would you like for a graduation meal? And I said steak tips in the macaroni salad garden. Sound now I graduated two thousand island dressing. Yeah, and I'd like some chardonnay. I was old enough to drink, so.
Speaker 2: For beer to sharday, that's a step up. Great man. You have a great weekend, Okay, summer's here, get out, get around and.
Speaker 3: Oh I do. This is my favorite time of year. All the students are going into the way the day.
Speaker 2: Weekend very important, very important, there's no doubt, no doubt. Hey, thanks Glenn, got to you soon. All right, all right, good night six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one line there. That's the only one that's open right now. So let's keep rolling.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to Brian in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. Brian, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 9: Hey Dan, it's BC from North Chelmsford, sitting up in my attic bar with Joe Tierney listening to you.
Speaker 2: Well how about that? Well this was this is BC. Yeah, Okay, you should have put up his rob should put up his BC. This was your idea. Tonight has worked pretty well, Brian.
Speaker 3: Hi, Joe, Yeah, I saw.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we saw that. We started laughing. So I got through. I was shocking my first dial too. I got through.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's okay. So tell us what what what is your favorite meal? Since you initiated this conversation.
Speaker 9: My mother was of Germanic and Scottish descent, but I grew up in a mostly Italian neighborhood, and there was a lot of Italian women who came over with their husbands after World War Two. So if you learned to cook from a lot of these Italian women, her lasagna and meatball's rivaled ben and it was amazing. And then my grandmother of Irish descent, who lived around the court from us. Anything she made, her her boiled dinner was amazing. And and and her pies. Those are the things. If I could close my eyes and I smell an apple pie or a peach pie, or I smell a meatball lasagna, I think of my mother for the Italian food and my grandmother for those and it just it's those are some of the best memories. As we get older, I think to think about But my mother's not deceased, and my grandmother's deceased. That's my father's mother. So thinking about those food, you know, brings a lot of comfort to you, I think for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's great. That is great. And the apple pie is the dessert to top it off, there's no doubt about that. Maybe even yeah, little little vanilla ice cream on top of you and you'd be all set.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 9: My grandfather and his brothers they put a wedge of cheddar cheese on their apple pot.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard of that. I've heard of that. Yeah, that's not uncoming.
Speaker 9: That always seemed a little odd to me because everyone thinks, you know, the all the mode you have the but my all, my my grandfather and his brothers all you know, it was a wedge of cheddar and it was the extra sharp. It was like angry cheddar cheese.
Speaker 2: I like it. I'm a big cheddar cheese guy.
Speaker 9: Great talking, all.
Speaker 2: Right, great, it's great to talk with you, Brian or BC as I know you and say, Hi, did Joe talk guys?
Speaker 8: We'll do so.
Speaker 2: Don't drink too much up there tonight too, you know. Okay, go for it. Thanks guys, talk to you soon. Bye, all right, bye bye, coming right back on night Side. We got Priscilla Pelvis, we got Laurie and in Idaho, and we got one more here. The only line that's open is six, one, seven, two, five, ten thirty back on.
Speaker 1: Night Side, night Side, Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: We have full lines to the end here, so let's get them all in where we're gonna go here quickly, quickly, quickly. Priscilla in Newtonville, Priscilla, your favorite meal growing up, Go right ahead, Priscilla.
Speaker 11: Dan, this is from newton Though.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I know I don't have a favorite meal, but.
Speaker 11: I do like hot dogs and beans Saturday night.
Speaker 2: That's classic, classic new I had a lot of hot dogs and beans on Saturday night. I don't know if they still sirve that, but that's that's a lot of it, that's for sure, with some relish and pickles and maybe some sliced tomatoes and some bread. Yep, I'm not a big sound crowd. I could go for some some some brown bread, you know. Whatever. That's all we've That's be perfect hot dogs and beans. Is there are more traditional meal in the way, but perfect perfect, Hey, Priscilla, thank you so much for checking in direct and to the point, that was a good call. We'll talk to you first time calling. We got to give you a round of the flaws. Let's get you in here. Absolute. We're looking for the for the new callers and the and the regular cars. So you did great for number one. I'm looking forward to number two. Okay, okay, thanks, good night, good night connect Can there we go. We're gonna go next. I got Pelvis in Middleton, Massachusetts. Pelvis, you went next on NICEYCA right ahead?
Speaker 6: Well, what's up? Dan?
Speaker 5: So like I'm half Italian, half Iris, So my grandmother would do American chop suey with the elbow noodles and then yeah, yeah, and then but you're gonna put all three peppers in there, all the colors. You gotta put the onions in there. You're gonna do everything. No tomato, You're gonna really beefing up the ones they sell in the store is no good. You gotta have the real, authentic American Trump suey. But if you're not feeling well, the vitamin B twelve or the vitamin infusion is what you probably need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need at the rest is what I need. Okay, I'm not sure if it's an allergy or a head cold.
Speaker 5: But I think get it. Get it be twelve infusion. No, you feel like a million bucks?
Speaker 2: All right, how don't know? Where do you go get that?
Speaker 5: R R Anesthetics of my wife's words, Right in Lindfield, right by Market Street.
Speaker 2: Is that legal?
Speaker 6: I hope yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: R n R Anesthetics is the name of the company. All right, go over there and get an infusion. You're gonna feel like a million dollars. It's gonna boost your immune system.
Speaker 13: You'll be right up to par I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Things all good things. I like that. Pelvis, Thank you man, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: All right, have a good one.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go from Pelvis and nearby Middleton. Let's go half well maybe eighty percent of the way across the country. We got Sky in California, but first lareon Idaho first, and then we get John and Kidd remain. So we're gonna we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna go out.
Speaker 15: I'm doing pretty well.
Speaker 2: What's what's the favorite meals Laurie and Idaho?
Speaker 15: Well, you know, for summer, it was if it weren't lobster, it was always on the girl, whatever it was, it's on.
Speaker 11: The pork trump.
Speaker 15: But for our favorite, like my favorite family meal for the group was was you know prime bone in prime rib and you know the like that the potatoes cooked in the pan and like you said, yeah, and we but we did a homemade chesers and the one thing I loved about it is we all get older. It was it was all in on preparation. It was a family affair, you know, the kids. We made homemade caesar salad, which has many steps. And then my dad always made Yorkshire pudding which I don't know doing notice what that is, but it's like popovers, Yeah, basically popover in a big fan And so that was his pride and joy and that was my favorite part of the meal.
Speaker 13: Was always good.
Speaker 2: Still love the popovers at Anthony's Pier four restaurant. I mean, yeah, did you get a chance and when you were living back here to hit Anthony's and Jimmy's, I.
Speaker 15: Hope, Oh yeah, Anthony's yep, yep, yeah, oh yeah, that was a go to for us if we were in Boston.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 2: I missed them. I missed both of those locations so much. They were competitors and but boy, they were just they were special places, that's and they.
Speaker 15: Were just different enough that it was you know, it didn't matter which one you went to. They were awesome in their own way.
Speaker 2: Oh they were and they and they were different. They really truly were different. Different Uh, different offerings. One you know, you knew where you were. They blindfolded you and uh and you just tasted the food. You could tell where you were. Great to hear your voice. Best part of the day. Thank you so much. Okay, all right, rough week? Okay, I know you.
Speaker 15: Are a trooper. Trooper with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'll tell you. And I don't like to call in sick, but I came pretty close this week, I gotta tell you. But yesterday, Yesterday was tougher and then it cudd of actually Wednesday was tougher and Thursday was better, and then today it kind of snapped back at me a little bit. So I'm figuring out. I'll figure it out, Laurie. We'll talk soon. Okay, thanks much, good night. Let me go to Sky in California. Hi, Sky, how are you hey?
Speaker 16: Good evening? Hope you do as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have never had you before on my show. I do not believe.
Speaker 16: Actually I have. But when I've called before, I've called in from Canton, but I had a better state of mind. So now I move back to Napa Valley in California.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Well, you know Canton was the center of the universe with the Karen region.
Speaker 16: Well, I know that I've been looking at it twenty five to seven. Yeah, not even twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: So you're in Napa Valley. I have been to Napa Valley several times because our daughter was working in SF. Love Napa Valley. Love Napa Valley.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's very beautiful, yes for sure. Anyway, first of all, before I get into our conversation, I would like to say, I want to give you com from entry for being so patient. Well, those people that you had to do with the essay on your phone, I was like seizing. I was like, oh my gosh, don't say that to Dan. That's not the light you All those conversations you have for those people of court you.
Speaker 2: Do oh yeah, oh yeah, the good ones and the bad ones sticky, But then you know what happened to my star. A couple of days they wash away. But your conversation is a great conversation. For me, and I will carry I will go to sleep tonight thinking about this conversation.
Speaker 16: Oh that would be lovely anyway, So I think the lady prior to me, which she stole my stars, and that's fine. I was gonna say. The favorite male I had before when my mummy was growing up with me was Yorkshire pudding, which obviously I'm British as you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: And roast beef.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect, perfect. Oh that's great. That's great.
Speaker 4: Sky.
Speaker 2: You gotta call more often your I've got one more I'd like to get to. But I love your call.
Speaker 16: I really did, and I I really appreciate. I listened to every single night. I just wish I forget his name, but he was blessed. He was on from twelve to four in the morning, and I don't sleep and I listen Bob Rawley, No, no, no.
Speaker 2: Nathan, maybe you call back. Figure we'll figure it out. Okay, I've got to get to anyways.
Speaker 16: Enjoy your I enjoy your conversations. Have a birthday.
Speaker 2: Thank you right back at your sky. Thank you so much. Thanks, thank you very much, John and Kiddery. We got about thirty seconds left for you, and you got it all John gorettahead.
Speaker 12: Okay, so it's a no brainer. My favorite growing up was a dog Peanuts and cracker Jack at McCoy Stadium at least thirty times this summer. It was just amazing with my dad, he get the sounds, smell.
Speaker 2: Yeah after you. Well, we got a couple of autographs by hanging a ball over the dugout right.
Speaker 12: No, we were there so much. We actually got to walk around, be free, lose. It was us kids. If we didn't get our homework done, we go to the game.
Speaker 2: You've got it. Hey, John, come on back sooner a little bit. I want to talk to you more about baseball. Okay, thank you so much, great call.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend. Welcome to summer. Welcome to summer. Everyone, help you have a great weekend. I will do a very quick wrap tonight on postgame on Nightside WBZ. Nice I have with Dan Ray. If you'd like to say, hello, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pale Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see again next week Monday Night on Nightside. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, enjoy the start of summer. Love you all, Dann Ray for Nightside