Speaker 1: Let's go okay, let's go by busy as always. Come on, good morning, This is Ed McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen, let's starry.
Speaker 2: Rid ry.
Speaker 1: All right, come on, welcome a board on this Throwback Thursday. Three sons going up on links and guests. I think Chilie has him. Now we'll get some voting on those and the winning song will be played today at nine p thirty. Okay, Throwback Thursday, Just get right? Where are the tickets? Read my lips A twenty mo versus alex for Metallica tickets sold out Saturday nights. I have some more news about Metallica coming up today on the show. Excited to share that with you. I'll bust that information out in homeroom. I got Brandon going for whin number two, fresh out of bed head to head challenge, great concert ticket in there. Whoever wins freshout of head head to head. He was a fresh fish. Yesterday, Jillie put the pit tickets for tonight's Pierced the Veil show in homerooms. He must love you guys the most too, He put them in there on the fun Fact Flashback in the pit homeroom tonight Yeah, that's how much we love you Live Collective sold tickets at seven twenty Struts Dirty Hunting tickets early in the nine o'clock hour, volbeat hailstorm. But like I said, I do have some Metallica news for you dealing with the concert, with the sold out concert, thunderstorms, one hundred percent chance Hi today of around eighty three mos got Houston's head lines.
Speaker 3: Good morning, morning, Rod.
Speaker 4: We are closely following that weather today as we're having a rough commute ahead of us. Severe thunderstorms with gusty winds, isolated tornadoes and hail hitting us early this morning. And these storms are moving very slowly, and we hate to hear that in Houston because we know slow moving means flooding across our area.
Speaker 3: Rasoria, Matta, Gorna.
Speaker 4: Y'all are seeing the lightning, hearing the thunder as you're waking up. And that flash flood warning has been expanded Baytown Deer Park. It's parts of Harris Chambers, Liberty Counties until seven point thirty flash flood warning. Looking ahead. I'm trying to find some good here. Three to four pm. We should dry out, all right, Let's get through this morning demonstrations continue around the United States over these ice raids. Nearly four hundred protesters have been jailed in LA since the beginning of the protests.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Here in Texas, we're seeing San Antonio, Austin here in Houston, but Governor Abbott's office says text will not tolerate lawlessness that we've seen in LA. He does have the Texas National Guard soldiers on standby. In San Antonio, where I've been watching overnight, protests remained mostly peaceful.
Speaker 3: All right, I need to take a break now. I need a coffee. Coffee is the number one beverage we cannot live without.
Speaker 1: Rod I lived without it most of my life, Alex, you did the same. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We didn't start drinking it until I had children. Okay, so recently.
Speaker 1: You're a late in life coffee drinker as well, because you got young kids. Yes, I started during the pandemic. What Yep, I never drank coffee. I've been doing mornings forever too. Yeah, I just never did. Everybody thought that was the weirdest thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so really actually cool study that I got into this morning. The company that owns Kuig also owns Doctor Pepper. A bunch of other brands. They just released a State of Beverages report, coffee officially the most important drink in the United States of America. Their poll found that it's number one beverage Americans cannot live without.
Speaker 3: And it's not actually our favorite drink, but we need it when we wake up, so.
Speaker 1: Does our number one guy, so favorite. Okay, so you're wording it specifically. People have told me they cannot function in the morning without coffee, and that's why I avoided it my whole life. I didn't want I didn't want to rely on it.
Speaker 3: I wantry that guy to.
Speaker 1: All those guys like in the in the early nineties that were doing morning shows all on blow, I didn't want to. I want to get involved in.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to rely on something to do this job, right, I didn't look into that.
Speaker 4: I also I looked for a state by state report, thinking that like doctor Pepper would surpass coffee in Texas, but they didn't do one of those. All right, let's talk about Britney Spears. Oh God, girlfriend, she's going off on our ex husbands off yesterday and Roger. She already deleted the Instagram post, which makes me want to know more.
Speaker 3: Oh, I saw it all right. Railing on her.
Speaker 4: Exes yesterday, she said, quote, I dated two f in complete a holes. I realized I loved their dogs more than them, and I think it's because their dog's bowed down to me every time I entered the room.
Speaker 1: She's fine, though, Guys, don't worry about her. I'm glad she's free. I'm glad that she's out there on her own creator. She's doing just fine.
Speaker 3: No words on who she was referring to.
Speaker 4: Sad news yesterday as the Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson has died. His family didn't announce the exact day or cause of death, but we all know he was diagnosed with dementia.
Speaker 3: He was eighty two. He'd had a rough life, which I think is fair to say.
Speaker 4: He was considered one of the greatest pop songwriters of all time, and the Beach Boys issued a statement on their website saying, in part, Brian Wilson wasn't just the heart of the Beach Boys, he was the soul of our sound. The melodies he dreamed up and the emotions he poured into every note changed the course of music forever.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Take it alex Astros's got to win. Last night they built the White Sox ten to two. Christian Walker had four RBI in the game for Houston.
Speaker 1: They're gonna wrap up their series at the White Sox tonight.
Speaker 6: Framer Valdez, have been in the mount is going up against Chicago's Davis Martin.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our.
Speaker 6: Sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty KRH. In basketball, the Pacers beat the Thunder one sixteen to one oh seven in Game three of the NBA Finals last night. Pacers now lead that series two games to one. They'll play Game four tomorrow night. In hockey, tonight, the Panthers and Oilers play Game four the Stanley Cup Final. Florida is leading the series two games to one. That'll start at seven, and you can watch it on TNT and True TV.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, let's go, let's go. If you want the first phone call, come get it. It's Throwback Thursday. It's Fix the Graham Thursday, the day we play Read my lips. Guys, start sending me your word suggestions. Some of you already have Thank you mo takes on alex at A twenty and I will give you some information about Metallica in about three and a half minutes. Big announcement going on on this show tomorrow. Okay, so that's it. First phone call, come get it. The most interactive show on the radio, it's this one ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan's show. That's either and we are officially underway four hours of pain for your throwback Thursday edition Busy Busy Show. Today, I kind of gave you the rundown. Highlights include pit passes in homeroom to pierce the veil tonight. That's my last pair. Okay, I only had four because the show is tonight. So that's it. On the fun Fact flashback, we send somebody into the pit and then they'll promise us they'll take a picture, they won't take a picture, and then I will be miserable on Friday because that person will have promised me a photograph in the pit and they probably won't send it to me. I don't think Homeroom would do that to me. If I'm gonna get one picture, it'll probably be the person that wins in homeroom. The other highlight today is the Metallica. The Metallica sold out show on Saturday night. Read my lips mow. Lots of pressure today, thanks Rod taking on Alex. Who you know who can be a treat sometimes when it comes to this, both of us IOUs. He is ridiculous. He is ridiculous. He was telling every running around t anybody Brian Williams died yesterday. I said, Brian Wilson. You said, Brian Wilson. You posted a picture of Brian Williams. That was Yeah, that was just an old picture.
Speaker 3: You are a turd.
Speaker 1: So we got other concert tickets today. On the show, I am going to be asking you to send me word suggestions all morning long for Moe and Alex to play at A twenty. You're going to be voting for Throwback Thursday on links and guests. My big announcement today is uh, I've got another pair of Metallica tickets for you tomorrow, and that will be in those first five rows off the floor. But I was able to scrape up four more pair of tickets to Metallica. I don't know where these seats are. Every beer winner tomorrow will win a pair of Metallica tickets. Say yeah, yeah, look so tomorrow, technically we're giving away five pair of Metallica tickets. So normally they won't allow me because I'm doing this promotion with the first five rows off the floor for the sold out show. And then this one comes like today's winner. Whoever you win those tickets for mo or Alex, you're gonna get the newly remastered Load album and you'll be qualified for the grand prize drawing. The beer winners aren't in on that, and they don't. They don't. I said, our listeners can handle the difference. Oh yes, yes, yes, well, Rod, you're already doing a promotion where it's just the first five rows off the floor these other tickets. The people are gonna be confused. I'm like, they don't care. They want to take in this show, so it'll just be random seats. They'll be together. But every beer winner is gonna get Metallica tickets tomorrow on those Yeah, so three weeks straight of giving away Metallica tickets and then all of a your winners.
Speaker 7: You gotta be kidding, it's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: And then don't forget we do have that pair of Metallica tickets at ditch Day. We're gonna be qualifying you to win the last, the absolute last pair of tickets to Metallica between noon and two tomorrow at ditch Day. Hey jaj, good morning. You got the first phone call today. How are you, brother, Ron?
Speaker 8: I'm great man.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm more concerned with what part of town you're calling from and what it's looking like weatherwise.
Speaker 10: Well number one, I heard two heads from Metallica tickets. So if you can throw some of my way, that's great. I'm I'm actually uh, I'm actually five hours away and I'm making the drive down tomorrow for ditch Day.
Speaker 1: Oh you're coming in for ditch Day tomorrow. Did you bring the priest last year?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, Father Clay and my wife Lauren Clay and I made the trip down from Brackettville.
Speaker 1: I remember on the border. I remember he brought the priest with the collar and everything.
Speaker 10: But to ditch Day, yes, fortunately, unfortunately slash fortunately uh. Father Clay is in Rome Middley right now. Oh, okay, he's not gonna he's not gonna get to make the trip this year, but but he sends his best wishes in his preyer.
Speaker 1: Ely JJ is driving five hours to get the ditch day. Pretty awesome? All right? I know you sent me an email. Two T shirts? What size? I am not doing this for anyone else. You're driving five hours away. What are the two sizes of shirts? You need? A large and extra large? Please, sir, Arge and l I'll tell you what. Because you brought the priest, because you're driving five hours hour, I'm gonna put I'm gonna put two T shirts aside for you. JJ.
Speaker 11: Appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Man, Hey, before I let you go, before you let me go, guess my age based on my subred wrestler.
Speaker 1: Okay, favorite wrestler is who carry von Eric? Okay, you are you got? You're fifty two. I will be fifty two in August. That's amazing. Well, I am awesome at this.
Speaker 3: That was weird.
Speaker 11: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: I am freakishly good at guessing people's ages by who their favorite wrestler is. All right, JJ, I will see you out. I'm telling you that was not set up so weird. That was not a sating. No.
Speaker 3: I watched it all happen.
Speaker 1: All right, JJ, hang on for me, so I'm not doing that for anyone else. No, oh god, I can't believe I did that live on the radio. I'm saving him two T shirts and.
Speaker 3: The stats it five hours, first Come, first.
Speaker 1: Serve on the Ditch Day shirts. Thank you to BMP for printing out those shirts for us. On the flip got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 12: Train Your Dragon is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters Friday.
Speaker 1: Get tickets now of US Rock and All Tearn and very soon the rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 13: MO.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be even busy all week with rec checks. Today's going to be another messyp in messy day, one hundred percent chance of thunderstorms. Hies up on eighty three truck or Keith. He requested a pole question today and we love our truck drivers. He's like, could you ask listeners if they drive with their hazard lights on when it's hard, when it's raining hard, I say, don't do it. It makes a glare on the windshield, makes it harder for the people behind you to see. And the main reason is if you change lanes, we don't know if you want to go left or right because your hazards are on. He says, use them for emergencies only. I said, you know what, I will do that as a poll question today, Truck or Keith, So do you drive with hazard lights in the hard rain? Seventy nine percent of our audience says no, seven percent says yes, seven.
Speaker 4: Percent send me your email address, and I'd like to have a chat with Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fourteen percent of our audience says sometimes.
Speaker 3: Don't do it. So sometimes this is my biggest pet peeve in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get me started. That's your grocery cart not getting returned for hours.
Speaker 3: Oh I could just kind of body well by like that.
Speaker 1: We found out Moe's little bugaboos this morning. All right, that's our poll question on the exit at Rob Ryan Show, alex Is gonna tell us what's trending.
Speaker 6: Well, the number one trending thing this morning is Brian Wilson Beach Boys.
Speaker 1: He passed away at eighty two.
Speaker 6: We aren't sure if he passed away yesterday or if we just got the news yesterday, but he has the outpouring of support for him and everything was amazing yesterday. Also trending is Air India. There was an Air India flight bound for London that crashed in Ahmedabad, India yesterday and I think they were turning seventy four people on board of that flight. But that's that's terrible too. And then this is this is all downers bring me. Amanda Lewis, the former Interview VGA talk show host, passed away.
Speaker 1: At the age of fifty two.
Speaker 6: Ananda, my bad. And then she had been battling breast cancer for a while.
Speaker 1: If we're not sure if that's why she passed who that was it?
Speaker 6: But she had not fairly recently she had said she'd been battling breast cants.
Speaker 1: I asked him all this morning and you, I said, you guys remember her MTV News and you know, like everybody knows Kurt Loader. And then I think most people know Tabitha Sorens. I think when I saw a picture of her, Okay, yeah, she was a part of MTV for a long long time, so she was young in her early fifty two. Okay, we got a new champion right from yesterday.
Speaker 14: Good morning everybody, that's a former Fresh Fist brand.
Speaker 1: Now you're fresh out of bed.
Speaker 13: One.
Speaker 14: Now you're fresh out of bed one dogged Now you're fresh out of bed bed ahead one day, champion.
Speaker 1: Baby, join me on.
Speaker 14: Thursday when I make you win number two bitches.
Speaker 11: Yeah, dog it.
Speaker 1: Right. If you want to take him on, he's already on the phone. He's ready to go this morning. Uh if you want to play against him. Great concert ticket for the winner seven one, three, two.
Speaker 13: Five celebrating the world's fast dabs.
Speaker 1: Our screamcabs Yay, not before dinner.
Speaker 13: Boom mom boo, Happy Father's Dance.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show shown.
Speaker 15: There by.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, We'm without the bush in homeroom.
Speaker 13: Come on, it's early.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Cover it up, let's get wet. Good morning everybody. Rod Ryan Show, ninety four to five. The Buzz Bush opening up for Shine Down. The Dance Kind Dance Tour is gonna be rolling through Houston. Can get tickets online. You can log out of the Buzz dot com to get all that information. It is wet outside, one hundred percent chance of thunderstorms, hies up around eighty three. I want to get right into this game.
Speaker 15: Let's go and now it's time for the fresh out of bed, head to head challenge listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Okay, and in good morning.
Speaker 16: Lorna.
Speaker 1: Guys, you made me work on that victory speech. Dude, listen, I tell everybody the same thing. I don't give a flip what you do during that victory speech. Obviously you can't swear. I had to beat you out. Even though you said shoot, you said shoot. These guys didn't believe me. They said you better believe that. Roddam Okay. I don't care what you do in the victory speech. Just win the games. I'll put your speeches together. Don't worry about any of that. Get that out of your head. Just win the games. Two questions, two answers. Okay, bro, that's what you need. I got another yesterday I think was too fresh fish Hey, Johnny, Yeah, are you fresh? I'm freshy Frey. Oh, we got another fresh fish on. I love it. I love getting some brand new players. Wake up, fishies. Apparently all the fishies are up. Johnny. Couldn't have you on today? Where are you from? And you've never played?
Speaker 7: I have not?
Speaker 1: Have you called and tried before? Or was this the first time you decided to try?
Speaker 14: Of course, Jilly answers are just not the collar.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've been trying for a while. Today's your lucky day. Well, there was two fresh fish on yesterday. Brandon was the winner. Johnny. You can do the same thing today. Shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, drop right. Oh, okay, it's fine to you. We'll get game one. Okay, Johnny, looks like you got this one here, Johnny, all right, bro, it's a scary movie. It's a scary movie. What's scary movie?
Speaker 3: I don't know the shining I'm writing that time.
Speaker 1: All right, Johnny, you got to drop. Now you have to win. Let's go all right, winner gets this today?
Speaker 3: Who we have a pair of tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 3: I prevailed Bear Tooth kill Switch in game. It's gonna be awesome the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: Nagin All right, here's Johnny and Brandon. Brandon don't want pump trumpet man? Question number one? What guitarist notably performed on the Michael Jackson song Beat It Right? Brandon? Three? Two one? Did you say Axel?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Axel doesn't play guitar, Johnny. Here's Johnny. What what guitarist notably performed on the Michael Jackson song beat It. I don't know, but I'm gonna get slash slash better than Brandon's answer, but still not correct. That would be Eddie Van Halen. Mom, that's a real question. I didn't say it was good.
Speaker 3: I felt really good about it.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a real question. Okay, I think you have to be what do you think Alex forty two and older to know that you don't have to be, but it helps to be over forty to know that answer. Brandon and Johnny, if you have a forty shame on you question. Here we go. What city is the Statue of Liberty located in? Brandon?
Speaker 11: New York?
Speaker 1: Yeah, New York City. And don't come at me with Liberty Island. It's it's considered part of New York City, all right. That's it got to be over five to know that answer. Okay, we're gonna put an agent every question here. Brandon's on the board. Guys, if you're keeping track, Big B doesn't want to be a one pump chump. Johnny, you gotta Johnny, you gotta drop and a fresh fish drop today. Come on for well, not for the wind, but see who gets it. While not an industry standard, what type of fuel is most commonly pumped with a green handle? Gone, Brandon, Diesel? Johnny, it must be my survey. Okay, yeah, yeah, it wasn't you. It was the fallen it was it was the rain. Somebody's got their hazards on in front of you. There's a long list of reasons that you lost. None of them are your faults, right, Johnny, great playing today, dude. I hope you play again soon. All Right.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it, guy, all right.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. All Right, Brandon, listen, You're gonna have somebody a lot better than Johnny coming at you in the next couple of days, so I know it. I know it's all right, dude. You scored some awesome tickets though Summer of Love Tour. Those are yours. The T shirt we gave you yesterday. Just keep adding the prizes, Okay, bro, keep the wins coming. Good, good game today. Hang your dad.
Speaker 3: May he always be there to put down your music.
Speaker 8: You call that music.
Speaker 11: Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Ron Ryan Show, n They're Blush ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. On this throwback Thursday, we'll try to get song clips on for you early in the seven o'clock hour, because then we get just too busy and I've got to collect all the words and we got to get set up or read my lips and all that fun stuff. So there's a lot of things to look forward to today on the show read my lips of course, the winner Moe or Alex. They're playing to win you sold out Metallica tickets if you missed the bounce at the beginning of the show. I've got one more pair of those Metallica tickets because tomorrow is Friday, and that's in the first five rows. But I have added another pair of tickets to sold out Metallica with every case of beer tomorrow. So just giving, just trying to give you reasons to get up early and join us in the morning. With this skanky weather, it helps, I hope, because today one hundred percent chance of thunderstorms highs up around eighty three.
Speaker 15: The fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: What a difference a day makes. This guy is a stud.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 14: This is Brandon, So sorry to disappoint you, and I'm talking to those who wanted me to be a one pump chump. I am your fresh daut of bed head to head two day champion. Join me on free beer Friday when I nail another victory speach.
Speaker 1: And make it win number three. Bitches, that's not even the same guy. So sweet that victory speech, step on it. So much work yesterday and then just sticks the landing.
Speaker 16: It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in your body. It's the fuck thats to the day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is for the pit passes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, let me give you some new fun facts and then we'll flash back and we'll get you in the pit for tonight's show out there at the Woodlands Pavilion. So busy, hell like you. I feel like you. I feel like I'm busy like you. My friend Hal's the busiest guy I know.
Speaker 8: My health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning. Does it keep you young? Not really?
Speaker 17: I mean.
Speaker 1: So twenty five grandchildren keeping you young over there running around on the floor doing puzzles with them. Here's some fun facts for you guys this morning. There's more hydrogen because you just had a great diesel question. I know that was a good question, Thank you.
Speaker 11: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I of course I knew and loved the Michael Jackson question, but it was like a real game show question. All right, here we go. There's more hydrogen in a gallon of gasoline than there is in a gallon of liquid hydrogen. I don't know, have you had enough Michael Jackson this morning? Hell?
Speaker 11: Or do you have it?
Speaker 1: Just you got room for a little bit more more Michael Jackson. I hope that girl's not listening. That gongs me every time I sing. I might have to sing this one for you. So the Michael Jackson song Thriller, the working title for a long time was called Starlight, and the hook went, give me some Starlight, Starlight Sun.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that is fun, so mad for multiple reasons. So mad. I'll be right back, you know, I knowezing.
Speaker 1: Finally, much like myself, Jackie Chan is a classically trained opera singer yep, and he can back it up. He's got more than twenty albums out there to prove it. Jackie Chan has twenty albums out there.
Speaker 16: What it's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart, buddies, It's the fu to the day.
Speaker 1: I only have nineteen albums out there, but I'm Jackie's.
Speaker 3: A little older, right right, You've still got time.
Speaker 1: Tell me about this amazing price.
Speaker 3: There's a shret to night in the Woodlands, pierce the Veils. I can't hear you tour tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com, but we have a pair of pit passes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's take a picture of yourself in the pit too, please, and you'll promise. I know you'll promise, Yes, you'll do it, but we'll see it's your fun.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: From yesterday? What kind of fish can change from male to female if they need to for reproduction? I'll leave it at that. Most sent me a text yesterday your kids are watching something on TV.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're going to torment me because I didn't know this question? Okay, and apparently they did.
Speaker 1: What kind of fish can change from male to female if they need to? They're four for reprowing seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, Hi, hell hello Rodney. Learning. Learning, learning is good, waking up learning things. How you doing Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, not too bad but not great.
Speaker 18: The Dow was down one point, where forty two thousand and eight sixty five NASAC lost ninety nine to nineteen thousand, six hundred and fifteen. Bench Mark ten year treasury trades at a four point three seven percent and oil is at sixty six dollars nine cents a barrel to The most active is the big stud United Health, IBM and three M, the big duds, Amazon, Home Depot and Apple.
Speaker 1: On the economic calendar.
Speaker 18: This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for May. Right now, futures not looking good. They're on the downside. Come on, this term is kyb around. That's it, Madier. This is Howland manage to Director Wood and Ramon James Portofot the Rock Ryan Show Fromrrimam, jams.
Speaker 1: On, Sam Filipe Thin Guster and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 19: Vimian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those are Raymond, James and Associates, Dank Come Ember nyt AS, IBC, I art Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 2: On link.
Speaker 7: The studs of Duds are based on movement as reported by young Ims.
Speaker 1: Houston Rocking alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 7: Rocks The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: A Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. Moe does not It's not that she didn't like this fun Fact didn't like where it went. Okay, you're right, all right, you thought I went a little too far with the facts. Gee, al right, well let's go, Brianna, good morning, good morning, good morning. Hello, Hi, Hi, welcome to the Fun Fact Flashbacks. Listen, this is a huge ticket, so get it right. What is the fish that can change from male to female if they need to for reproduction purposes, that'd be clownfish? Okay, so you're right, you're right, Brianna. Please please look her up.
Speaker 4: Brianna, you're going to pierce the veil tonight, and you're not just going to that show in the Woodlands. You're gonna be in the pitch, which means we need you to send us picture sister. We're so excited for you. If you aren't as lucky as Brianna, we still have tickets ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Congrats, Thank you. So stop the clown fish like the ones in Finding Nemo. If you use that movie specifically for what we are talking about here, it's an amazing thing. It's it's God created the fish and they wonder they were able to switch from male to female. So in the movie, once Nemo's mother was killed, the father would have grown female sex organs and could have started reproducing with Nemo.
Speaker 3: I don't know why we didn't cover that the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. You had to be a part of that, all right, got a pretty mouth, all right, Brianna, have a great time at that show. She's right.
Speaker 3: You have to take a picture, yes, and them, please have so much fun.
Speaker 1: Take a picture, all right. Bad weather today again, broken record time. We've been talking about it a whole week that there's thunderstorms and the traffic is terrible. Leave five minutes early for work, you know, all that fun stuff that nobody nobody's done it once this week, so no one's going to do it today. Well, here you go. It's Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Thank you rough commute this morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, those severe thunderstorms, gusty winds, isolated tornadoes and hail hit us really early this morning. And these storms are still moving very slowly, and Houston hates to hear that because slow moving it means flooding across the area. A floodwatch has been issued across the area until seven pm, but that flash flood warning has expanded, So if you're like Baytown Deer Park area, it's parts of Harris Chambers, Liberty Counties.
Speaker 3: That's happening right now.
Speaker 4: So looking ahead, lingering showers through the afternoon, but it looks like around four pm we should dry out.
Speaker 3: Let's get through this morning. Commute, y'all, Rod, y'all, y'all.
Speaker 4: Did you see the bromances back on kind of you called this tell I'll tell you when you're.
Speaker 1: Right, so difficult to be right.
Speaker 3: I have no shame to tell you when you're right. It didn't even last a week.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk said some of his tweets about President Trump went too far, and Trump is now no longer threatening to cancel Elon Musk's government contracts. Yesterday, Elon tweeted, quote, I regret some of the posts about present it Trump last week, they went too far.
Speaker 3: According to The New York Times, the guys talked on the phone Monday night and hashed some things out.
Speaker 1: I just had a feeling they were going to get back together. They're just they're two I don't know. I don't know. I mean, they have to realize that they're better together than a part I mean, that's just such a distraction. They have those two guys fighting against one another.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a horrible relationship. Can anyone get me a Nintendo switch To?
Speaker 1: Are They sold out everywhere?
Speaker 3: Lots of places.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Four hundred and fifty dollars is how much those bad boys retail for. It's Nintendo's newest video game console, and it's breaking all the sales records. The switch To was released last week, and it managed to rack up more than three point five million units sold in four days.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 4: They can get the fastest selling console in the history of the company, and the fastest selling game console.
Speaker 3: Of all times.
Speaker 1: That's millennials with money. That's not that's not kids. Parents buying them for their children might be, though, but I don't think, really, I don't think it's most of the sales millennials. No, no, no, But I think it's people that now have money that bought the game for themselves, that are adults that played it as a child. I don't think they're buying that. I don't think people are buying a four hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Unit for their kids, or you're buying it for yourself, but you're blaming it on your child so that your wife doesn't murder you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that too, alex me.
Speaker 4: More details were renounced yesterday regarding the animated Stranger.
Speaker 3: Things spin off that's in the works from Netflix.
Speaker 1: We know there was an animate I know that there's another thing that talked about it. There's another season coming up.
Speaker 3: Yes that's Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: Oh Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, this is an animated Stranger Things. It's called Tales from eighty five. It's supposed to air sometime next year. It takes place in the winter between seasons two and three of the original series, so fans are excited about the original characters plus a new one.
Speaker 3: I don't know animated.
Speaker 1: Are they getting the voices and are they getting the people to do you guys? Remember it's probably too old. There was a Ghostbusters cartoon. It wasn't bad. It was a Saturday Morning cartoon.
Speaker 3: Did they have the same voices?
Speaker 1: No, murray, They're not voicing the cartoon, so they had all different voices. It actually wasn't bad, though, I remember the cartoon kind of being entertaining.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this is gonna do.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about popa roach.
Speaker 4: Jacoby shaddocks, Yeah, he's spilling the tea. He says the band has quote about five or six finished songs for the follow up to twenty twenty two's Ego Trip album, and they're racing to complete more.
Speaker 3: No release date, but he.
Speaker 4: Said fans can expect fresh tracks all year, plus surprise guest spots that he's teasing but won't name yet. Got the rumor swirling those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Well that music is good news.
Speaker 6: Yeahs he as Funes got away. In last Night, they blew out the White Sox ten to two. Christian Walker had four RBI in that game. They're gonna wrap up your series with the White Sox tonight from Rival doesn't be in the Mountain for the Strolls, going up against Chicago's Davis mar Our first pitches at seven to ten.
Speaker 1: You can listen to it on our sister stations.
Speaker 6: At Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty k t r H. In basketball, the Pacers beat under one sixteen to one oh seven in Game through the NBA Finals last night to take a two to one lead in that series.
Speaker 1: Ready to play Game four tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: In hockey tonight, we got the Panthers and Oilers playing Game four the Stanley Cup Final. Florida's up to one in that series. That I'll start at seven o'clock. You can watch it on TNT in True TV, and in golf to stay one of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania, World number one Scottie Scheffler is the favorite to win the event right now. Ludwig a Berg is the current leader at two under par. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 1: Sports, dude. They can't keep up the fighting the way that they have been in this Stanley Cup matchup. They can't. Edmonton cannot be as aggressive as they were. Florida's gonna try to Florida is gonna try. Florida's gonna try to get them to fight, but Edmonton cannot. They can't.
Speaker 6: You just gotta go out to make David. You gotta get the whole team and go out. Yeah, they're gonna break them fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun for this. If you want to get into some hockey, watch this game. You'll get into hockey immediately.
Speaker 6: Houston Rock Houston's alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety five, The Bus Okay ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Incubis Stellar. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room great. If you're just joining us, wait you wakey, hands off snakey. And if you're just joining us, you didn't hear my announcement this morning, big announcement. Every beer winner tomorrow is now going to get sold out Metallica tickets. This is our third week in a row giving away Metallica tickets a pair every single day. Of course, read my lips coming up sold out Metallica tickets in the first five rows, you'll be qualified. You're gonna get the newly remastered Load album and you'll qualify for the grand prize drawing of the limited edition Number Deluxe Load box set. It's got three hundred and one total tracks, two hundred and forty five of which are unreleased. So that's today and tomorrow first five rows. But I scraped up another four pair of tickets to go out with every single case of beer tomorrow, so that's something to look forward to. Can't wait. It's our Taylor Swift. What do you want me to say? It's our Beance?
Speaker 11: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What other bands do we have that are playing a stadium with Pantera and suicidal Tendencies? I can't wait now, don't forget some girl called me or emailed me in a panic? What's this about Ditch Day from twelve to two?
Speaker 11: Yes, it's always.
Speaker 1: Going longer, Rod. The twelve to two is kind of the official time of the party. And why would you need an official time? Well, Facebook wants to have a time when you create an event, and that is the official time for the Metallica tickets. When you sign up for Metallica tickets at Ditch Day, we told you that we will start the registration box at noon and the drawing will be at two. Gunner's not kicking anybody out of Cactus Cove at two o'clock tomorrow, Okay.
Speaker 3: Not at the time.
Speaker 1: Did day starts at noon and kind of never ends over there. That's what is happening at Cactus Cove. You're all invited to join us tomorrow for Ditch Day. I'm super excited about it. Keep sending me your word suggestions for read my lips. But it's also throwback Thursday, and we got this one hit wonder back. The band is called the Eels. Life is hard and so am I.
Speaker 14: You better give me some.
Speaker 15: I don't try.
Speaker 1: Big change up right there. That's the name of the song, Novah Kane for the Soul. Before before this was a one hit wonder. I don't know if it had the help of being in any of the marquee movies of the day because it's such a weird song, but it was a big hit for them Eels Nova Kane for the Soul. Nobody wants to hear it. Well, no, that's not true. It's in second place. Okay, it's in second.
Speaker 3: Place, right, someone wants to hear it.
Speaker 1: I won't have it. This got my vote today. Not one hit wonder here in the States, damn it probably damn it huge in England. Oasis looked up to these guys. Blur looked up to these guys. The name of the band Stone Roses, and the song is called Love Spreads. Please say Redavan Fleet sounds like them, and I'll accept it. I will not accept that, Alex. You know that's unacceptable. That's an unacceptable comment. This has such a trippy, druggy, humpin' vibe and the guitar player solos the entire record. But I want you to at least hear the guys sing just a little bit. Here we go, Stone Roses, Love Spreads. This is in last place. I don't know what the drug of choice was in nineteen ninety four, but they were doing it. They would that. All right, this is in last place, and it's a shame that it's in last place. It's the best song out there today, the one that everybody knows. His black Cherries lit Up. It's got seventy three percent of your vote right now. I'm throwback Thursday. Come on, guys. Obviously the drug of choice was just mentioned here on this one. Mom, say, man, it's good.
Speaker 11: It's grace.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 1: Would you vote for Alex this girls? It's good? Yeah, it's great. It's the biggest song of the three, it's the most popular one of the three. It's the most well known of the three. I don't know if I could say it's the best of the three, but it's dominating. Seventy three percent of your vote is for buck Cherry. Lit up winning song will be played today at nine thirty. You vote on the World Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 12: Train Your Dragon is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters Friday. Get tickets now rock and Alternative fair. He used to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 7: Morning Show six to ten am the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's Show throw Back Thursday. It's always interesting to see if things change. I don't have a whole lot of hope that buck Cherry song is. The buck Cherry song is great. I love it. I love those guys. I think they're working on some new stuff. Stone Roses, I get it. Nobody knows who they are. Buck Cherry fifty percent of the vote, Eels thirty two percent of the vote. Stone Roses Love spread sixteen percent of the vote with low votes Right now, you vote on the World Famous rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot Com. Seven one Mo's got some tickets for you coming up in just a moment. But first, Alex, what's trending over there. Well, the Beach Boys are trending.
Speaker 6: It's all because of Brian Wilson passing away of the Beach Boys at eighty two, and that's what the Internet seems to be talking about the most this morning.
Speaker 1: There's an argument and I will listen to it. It didn't sell the most albums, but are they the greatest American rock band of all times? Influential American rock? Cool?
Speaker 6: It sounds like set the groundwork for a bunch of other weird stuff and like trying all that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Pet Sounds is where when you look at Holy God knows why that that song is on there. And that's why Paul McCartney went out and wrote wouldn't it be nice? Sloop John B Like those are some of their bigger songs. Yeah, on that, But we wouldn't have Sergeant Pepper from the Beatles if we didn't have Pet Sounds. Those guys, the Beatles and the Beach Boys were kind of going neck and neck, you know. But the Beach Boys wrote like silly beach songs, you know, but surfing. But the intricacies to right, But the intricacies of the melodies and how he put the songs and the song structure. He was so influential. The Eagles have sold the most albums of any American rock band, But are the Beach Boys the greatest American rock band of all time? What are the metrics you're using?
Speaker 6: You know, I can't remember what what show or documentary it was, but they were showing like this is from It was basically just talking about how PET Sounds influenced so many other people, like they did this, which is this?
Speaker 1: And then Trent Resdy was like, I was influenced by this.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was just cool to see how many other artists were, Like I learned how to do that because I heard it on PET Sounds and I was like, how do I figure this out?
Speaker 1: We've thrown the word around twice in two days, but it applies. Sly Stone Genius, Brian Wilson genius, Absolute Stone Cold genius, Sixta gram Thursday is also treading.
Speaker 6: Natalie Losana was submitted to us by Jack in sugar Land and people are checking her out at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna like.
Speaker 6: Which to see and I feel like Chili is probably gonna put her in his top ten. Wow, okay, that's all sixture on Thursdays in his top ten. But this one, I definitely think we'll be in.
Speaker 20: His top ten, his top ten of the year, of the last ten sixty grad so she'll be in right on board. Sabrina Carpenter is also trending. She announced her new album is going to be called Man's Best Friend. It's coming out in August.
Speaker 1: But then she put the album art out there, album cover of the Year, and it's.
Speaker 6: A little risque. I don't think it was really that risque, Like she's not showing anything. It's just like her on her knees trying to, you know, go check it out, just go I'm looking at girls. It should be okay, goods to keep. People are talking about that, and I keeper get mad about people get mad about everything.
Speaker 8: On the internet.
Speaker 1: But that's trinics. And now you provide it is all you got to do is do something like that. You gotta look at it to understand what I'm talking about, and you gotta say I'm owning it, I'm empowering it. I'm uh you know what I mean? Anything whatever these only fans girls say, it's like, oh no, I'm you know, I'm a strong woman, and I'm empowered, and I'm doing all these things and I'm taking the control here. She doesn't look in control on the guy looks in control of the shoot the dude looks in control on that. Helme come.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was her idea.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: Let us you got a pair of tickets see the Live Collective Soul August fifteenth, seven one three Music Hall tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com. But we want you there is here caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 13: This Father's Day, give your dad what he wants?
Speaker 8: Would you give me a beer on your wado?
Speaker 13: And Happy Father's Day? Dad?
Speaker 11: Are you still here?
Speaker 1: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety five the bus smashing Pumpkins. We're back ninety four or five the buzz. Sorry, mam, I still feel stilly doing that in front of you. All right, Good morning Rod Ryan Show. Of course it is throwback Thursday. Buck Cherry in the lead, a commanding lead too. That's the song that you're telling me that you want played at nine thirty. It's okay. Alex voted for that one. You'll be happy. One chance of thunderstorms throughout the day. Yakhi's in the mid eighties. Most got a pretty good ticket to give away here. All good tickets today on.
Speaker 3: The show Busy Yeah right now though.
Speaker 1: Metallica tickets next hour, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi Hi. What's your name?
Speaker 3: My name is Tina.
Speaker 1: Tina. Your caller Ted call number teen, Tina, remember ten? What are you giving her?
Speaker 3: Live and Collective Soul tickets.
Speaker 4: August fifteen, seven one three Music Hall, ticketmaster dot Com.
Speaker 3: Tina, you are in. Thank you for thank you for listening. Are you having a good morning.
Speaker 14: I am having a great morning.
Speaker 3: Net What part of town are you in? See weather? We're just really watching.
Speaker 1: I'll be careful, all right, Tina, listen, have an awesome time at that show Live Collective Soul. I tell you this is what's gonna happen when you're there on August fifteenth. You're gonna giggle. You're gonna remember me telling you this. Oh my god, Rod was right. I know every single song both of these bands are playing. There's gonna be a ton that you forgot about. And both of these bands just play hit after hit after hit after hit and you'll be giggling. All right, absolutely, all right, Tina, thank you for being on the show today. Hang on for me. Uh, email this person back. I want to help me with an email quick.
Speaker 3: I'm good at this.
Speaker 1: All right? Is Melissa? Hey Melissa, morning, fam. My husband and I are driving in tomorrow. Not as cool as that you're five hour listeners, but they're driving three and a half hours. She didn't ask for me to put her.
Speaker 3: Aside the shirt, but you did it, Rod, you started this.
Speaker 1: I need the details. What time do the doors open? I don't know. I know that we're gonna be there at noon, Gunner. I'm sure he's going to be ready to go at eleven. Yeah. So I'm going to say I'm pretty sure you can get there at eleven o'clock tomorrow. I'm going to say that what time do I need there to get a shirt?
Speaker 3: That's a Chili question, Chili, what time are you going to be there?
Speaker 1: Chili is the shirt guy, and it's the one job a year. He kind of weirdly likes it. He likes having the power of the shirts. He isn't taking a crab. He's like getting line, Hey man, you want a shirt, get in line? What what what happens with these free T shirts that say Ditch Day on them? Chili?
Speaker 11: Do you know people come in and they get them?
Speaker 1: So, but don't you want people to be caught out? Don't you want a little law and order with these?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah no, when they come in, I mean I'll show up and that's already people in there waiting. I want a shirt. I want a shirt. I was like, well, hold on, let me set up first, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, and then I have them all in the line.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 11: You know, once I say come in, I said, what size? That size? Boom boom, keep it moving, Keep the line moving, keep the line moving.
Speaker 1: So okay, what time of the doors open? We don't know they open. So what time do I need there to get a shirt? Get there early? I don't know what time does it officially start noon? I can answer that one. This will help figuring out what time we have to leave in the morning. Just can't wait to party with you all. This will be my first Ditch Day that I'm able to attend. Scratch that off my bucket list. All right, Melissa, that's awesome. That is so awesome. I wanted to give a shout out to Michael who's listening from the future. What is mean he's listening tomorrow, which is today?
Speaker 3: Oh he's in another country.
Speaker 1: He's in Tokyo, Tokyo. Yeah, how cool is that? Now I'm talking about ditch Day. We are giving away a pair of Metallica tickets at ditch Day. Official time of ditch Day is noon to Official time to sign up for tickets for that pair of tickets to Metallica is noon to two two o'clock. We will grant a winner.
Speaker 11: Okay, now I.
Speaker 1: Got an email here. You can keep this rolling, Brother Rod, This is coming from a knowe. I got a question for you. How old? Let's see, Brother Rod, can you ask the question of how old your kids should be to take them to a concert. I have a toddler and I want to take him to the Metallica show Saturday, but he might be too young for this type of show. How many parents are taking their kids and what age? Personal choice? I'll start with that complete personal choice here.
Speaker 3: You know what's best for your child only you.
Speaker 1: Know what's best for you.
Speaker 3: We covered that.
Speaker 1: That's great, MO, But okay, what's a toddler? How old is the toddler under five. Okay, London went to I'll start. Okay, London went to Buzzfest this year. She's seven.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She's got special privileges with me. Okay, Oh, good for her.
Speaker 16: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying she's got special privileges with me. It's important. We know a ton of people there. I knew Jessica was bringing her kids, you know what I mean, Like there was just neighbors kids alone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's not you can walk around. It's a festival. It's a Buzzfest. It's a festival. So it's like Jessica said, Hey, I got London. We're gonna go get some pizza. She's gonna hang out with the boys for a little bit, and then hey we're gonna go check this band out. We're gonna do this. And then I had London. You know, I took her back stage and all of that. That's my story. I'm not bragging. I'm saying that's why I was comfortable. I'm not bringing London to Metallica.
Speaker 3: Because you want to have fun.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that no offense, but that I'm not walking around I'm watching Metallica.
Speaker 3: Sitting in a toddler.
Speaker 1: Toddler's not gonna sit through. I gave you set times the other day. First band's going on at six o'clock. Yeah, this is a six to eleven, highly charged, aggro loud rock metal show. But you do what's best for your child. Make it like you know, like they want to go home and they're done with that. You gotta either leave with them or just like you gotta suck it up, buddy, kids, bring those toddlers to Monster Jam. Those Monster Jam trucks are loud. Yeah, you can just see row after row of four year olds.
Speaker 3: They need to sleep, they need to sleep, they.
Speaker 1: Just fall asleep. It's loud as bombs in there with Monster Jam.
Speaker 6: You can see them in the line and the pit party sometimes like that. You're not gonna make it all day, are you, buddy?
Speaker 1: I just I mean, bring your kid if you want to get it, if you want to have.
Speaker 3: The experience with the experience, and you want to say they went to that concert.
Speaker 1: I want to pick get them with Metallica. But there's no kid, there's no toddler that's gonna make it that for that concert. And then you might not be interested in suicidal tendencies. Or Pantera. I don't know why you wouldn't, but it's an expensive ticket and that's a part of your ticket price. But I get it. You're there to see Metallica, Metallica. Do you remember the set times? Did you write them down?
Speaker 3: I wrote them down yesterday.
Speaker 1: Are they going on at seven forty five?
Speaker 3: Seven Metallica? Eight thirty five?
Speaker 1: Metallic is going on at eight thirty five? How many toddlers are up at eight thirty five?
Speaker 3: Please say none?
Speaker 1: To the start of the activities, Okay, they're gonna play at all eleven. Yeah, they're gonna plate. Metallica is gonna play two hours. We're gonna play at a ten thirty at least, and they'll probably go to almost eleven. I don't see how a little kid could make it. I think the adrenaline and stuff and the kid will make it for a while. I'll throw it out there, what's the youngest Who's bringing the youngest kid to Metallica on Saturday?
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll see. I'm strapped on.
Speaker 1: No judgment zone, zero judgment zone.
Speaker 3: You never carry your child. It's your kid you do pouch to.
Speaker 1: You don't go to a concert out thing. You do what's best for your child. And again, I do think there's a difference with the festival.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I had London out there as a baby, a lot of kids, but I mean as a baby. I have her on a jazz fest in New Orleans. We're walking around, we're eating, we're sitting in a chair, we got a blanket out. I got her in the shade. She's been out there her whole life for jazz Fest. It's not an enclosed stadium where it's like it's all you're doing jazz Fest. I got the stroller. I'm walking her around the kids zone. There's all of that. At jazz Fast. You're waiting in a line for merch. Yeah. So again, who who's bringing the youngest kid to Metallica? You can call it in seven one three, two one two, five nine five or email me Rod at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 13: Oh hey, al, your dad's May your father's day be better than your jokes.
Speaker 8: Nothing's better than my jokes.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Get your votes in for Throwback Thursday. And I haven't been beating you up all that much. I do need some more words sent into me.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: It is a huge, huge, read my lips game today. The tickets are the sold out Metallica tickets. Kind of the subject matter that we're talking about right now. I need some more words though, most taking on Alex. You need to email me directly. Rod at thebuzz dot com listener sent me an email and said he wants to take his toddler. He isn't specific said he wanted to take his toddler to the Metallica concert. He's wondering how old should you be to go to your first concerts? Well, you have toddlers.
Speaker 3: I do a four year old and a two year old.
Speaker 1: Have they been to a concert yet, Sailor.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it's rodeo. Okay, so a rodeo that's family friendly.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's a different situation. We've done like the same venue Metallic as that, a carnival.
Speaker 4: We've done like the Disney concerts, like in sugar Land. It's smart financial and like that kind of stuff, but never anything outside of Rodeo.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, Nick, good morning, you have more to ride? How going great? What you got for me?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 17: I just wanted to say.
Speaker 21: I was six years old in the pit at the Woodlands Evanescence fly Leaf Corn Lincoln Park.
Speaker 17: My parents.
Speaker 21: My dad was super safe, making sure we got to enjoy concerts.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I was on his neck in the pit.
Speaker 21: We got to Actually, when Chester cut across through the side stage, he tapped us up and threw a guitar pick.
Speaker 1: So it was super cool experience. You remember it being six years old? Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that fit?
Speaker 9: Was that?
Speaker 1: That's family values? Yes, family values story. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you went when you were six in the pit?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Man, we were three roads back. A lady couldn't hang and she said, take that baby to the pit and through me and my dad are ticket.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, all right, dude, thank you. Well there you go. I mean, there's somebody six years old. But you said that's outside of Toddler cut off. Yes, right six. You said Toddler was five five? Okay, I got pictures to back it up too. Sarah Jones, I took my daughter to see my Chemical Romance at the Toyota Center when she was four years old. Hearing protection and lots of snacks. Yes, Tracy says, hey, Rod, we've taken our daughter to concerts since she was five, but always had decibel restricting noise canceling headphones on her noggin. We have not been able to win tickets to Metallica, but she's sixteen. Now let me see. Oh here we go. Uh Chris Cook, brother Rod, I'm bringing my ten year old son to Metallica. They are his favorite band. His first concert was Dropkick Murphy's and yes, at ten pm, he did fall asleep. He was probably seven at the time. Those kids are going to fall asleep. I don't know if they're going to make it all night. I think my next door neighbor he's going to Metallica and he's, Oh, he's Nick's friends. They rock hard. I think he's I think he's If you're going into fifth grade you're ten.
Speaker 3: That seems right.
Speaker 1: Metallica. That's what he got. He got Metallica tickets for Christmas. Is his favorite band.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean different?
Speaker 1: Ten year old is different, and your parents are cool. My parents weren't that cool. The question was I want to bring my toddler and I will start with how I I'll end with how I started. You do you dad? You know what I mean? You do you, it's to your kid. You know which is It's right. The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's all. It's well documented that we studio doesn't have any outdoor windows. So it's not until I go and maybe get my cup of coffee. Halfway point of the show. I get a cup of coffee. Usually read before eight. It's as black as it was on your drive in this morning, Mo, and I know your rec checks are terrible. You got the cameras on. But Matt, it's nasty outside. When I say one hundred percent chance of rain, one hundred percent chance of.
Speaker 3: Rain, be careful out there.
Speaker 1: It sucks out there right now. Be careful. Please, I need some more word suggestions. Email me Rod at Thebuzz dot com. Read my lips is coming up mo versus alex it's full Metallica sold out tickets Saturday night in the first five rows, huge ticket. So you can email me right now. Let's talk to Mo Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: What you got good morning.
Speaker 4: We're closely following the weather rap commute this morning. Severe thunderstorms with gusty Winn's iceolid tornadoes and hail started super early this morning. And these storms are moving very slowly, which we hate to hear because we know that slow moving means flooding across the area. The floodwatch has been issued until seven pm, and the flash flood warning extended in Mattagorda County. So if you're in that area, it's still eleven this afternoon. There is still a ground stop. It looks like it's just now for Hobby Airport, but that's until eight point thirty. Looking ahead, lingering showers until about four pm.
Speaker 3: Let's just get through this this morning, all right.
Speaker 1: The ripple effect that jack's up flights all over the country just because of us. Yeah wow, y'all.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 4: Demonstrations continue around the United States over ice raids. Nearly four hundred protesters have been jailed in LA since the beginning of protests over the weekend. Here in Texas, Governor Abbot's office said Texas will not tolerate the lawlessness we have seen in LA. He has the Texas National Guard soldiers on standby in San Antonio watching that overnight protests remain mostly peaceful.
Speaker 3: Good shop, y'all.
Speaker 1: Are we gearing up for something here in Houston this weekend too. I heard the mayor.
Speaker 3: Yes, the King's Day.
Speaker 1: No, King's Day.
Speaker 3: There's going to be a lot of protesters.
Speaker 1: Okay, just keep it peaceful. I'm not like most people. I think, you know, obviously a First Amendment guy in freedom of speech and all of that and right to protest. But peacefully. Please peacefully, and don't lock a road.
Speaker 3: Please, don't hurt each other, don't mess up, don't jack Yes, coffee, let's.
Speaker 4: Talk about coffee over scot your first cup of the day. Coffee is the number one beverage we quote can't live without. So I guess the company that owns Kurig and Doctor Pepper and a bunch of other brands just released their first ever the State of Beverages Report.
Speaker 1: Really Curig put out, I know That's why I had to say, who did it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know it so important to know who does these.
Speaker 4: Studies donating rod they got into of like tons of details about what people like, how your preferences when you're drinking it. Coffee is officially the most important drink in America, but it's not the one we love the most. Fifty people say soda is.
Speaker 3: Their favorite drink. Do you drink any soda?
Speaker 13: None?
Speaker 1: You call it soda, no coke, It's called pop alice. Do you ever drink pop anymore soda? When was the last time you had one? Last Friday? My wife got every now and then. I gotta admit I'll crave like a diet coke.
Speaker 3: I don't like what burger or something and that styrofum cup.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the cheat code. I finished the cheat code for me, and I don't know if it's if these are any good for you. You guys all know that Celsius drink. Yeah, they make a cola one really and it feels like you're drinking a diet coked. I'm addicted to Elsious Celsius cola. Okay, they're pretty great.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try and putting it on my grocery list right now.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Britney Spears. She went off yesterday on Instagram. Not just her normal like dancing around naked stuff. She aarty deleted this Instagram post, which makes me want to know the tea because she was railing on her exes yesterday saying, quote, I dated two f in.
Speaker 3: Complete a holes. I realized I love their dogs more than them, and I think it's because their dogs bowed down to me every time they entered the room.
Speaker 1: What what I think people say that about my dog? Food is way cooler.
Speaker 3: Than figure out which EXAs she was talking about. But she just went on and on and on.
Speaker 1: Well she was the last guy she was Was she married to that Sam guy, the handsome dude Sam. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they were probably married, yeah, if not, just engaged. But yes, she seems fairly normal.
Speaker 1: But she's fine, guys, and everything's fine.
Speaker 4: Free Brittany, Let's talk about the Beach Boys, because Brian Wilson is obviously trend as.
Speaker 3: He passed away, not sure when.
Speaker 4: But his family announced that he died. We also don't know the cause exactly. He was diagnosed with dementia. He was eighty two years old. Considered one of the greatest pop songwriters of all time, and the Beach Boys issued a statement on their website saying, in part, Brian Wilson wasn't just the heart of the Beach Boys, he was the soul of our sound. The melodies he dreamed up and the emotions he poured into every note changed.
Speaker 3: The course of music. Forever. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Paul McCartney said, this is the best song ever written. Paul McCartney, pretty good songwriter. Yeah, that's gotta be the best compliment of all time for a song. It's updown, you know. I like when this plays well. The ash Fills got a win last night.
Speaker 6: They blew up the White Sox ten to two, Christian Walker and four RBI in the game. For the shows, they're gonna wrap up their series with the White Sox tonight. Famer Valdez is going to be the man for Houston and'll be going up against Chicago's Davis Martin.
Speaker 1: First pitched at seven ten.
Speaker 6: You can listen to it our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty kt H. In basketball, Pacers beat the Thunder one sixteen to one oh seven in Game three of the NBA Finals last night.
Speaker 1: They're up to one in that series. They'll play game four tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Tonight, the Panthers and Oilers play Game four of the Stanley Cup Final. Flida leads that series two games to one. That starts at seven, and you can watch it on T and T and True TV and in golf, it's Day one of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. World number one Scottie Cheffer is the favorite twin. But right now we got two people tied at two under par Roy McElroy and JJ Spawn are your two co leaders.
Speaker 1: That is what's or that's what's going on in score.
Speaker 12: I'm Houston Rock Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Halfway part of the show peep Up Throwback Thursday. Stone Roses in the lead. Do I think that's going to remain? I don't know, Relly, There's a lot. I gotta catch you guys up on a million things here because it's the halfway point, let's kind of do it. Sorry for those of you that have been with us the whole show so far, thank you, I love you. But for some of you that maybe just are catching bits and pieces this morning, I realize the weather is bad. MO is working overtime on not only keeping up on what's going on with the weather. That's your headline today, But the recchecks are busy today. Be careful out there, lots of water, it's still just it's midnight, looks midnight outside. That's how dark it is out there. Stone Roses Love spreads forty six percent of your vote, buck Cherry lit Up thirty percent, Eels Novakame for the Soul twenty three percent. So people are voting. Voting is down, people are busy working on other things, but we still have We finally got some votes coming in on this thing. So that's throwback Thursday. Read my lips is coming up. Last minute words suggestions. I will always welcome them before the game starts. You can email me directly. Rod at the buzz dot com. MO is taking on Alex. I've got enough words to play the game. I'm ready to go, and I feel confident and I have good words. But if there's something that is great out there, I'm not using cheap Cheese, Big Day. But cheap Cheese was Moe's first addition to the band list. Now that she is in charge of we officially added another band to the silly Banned list that Mo now possesses. All right, so I'm not using cheap cheese. Facebook, they're talking about what do you waste? What do you waste the most money on? It's a pretty good discussion that's happening on our Facebook page. My contribution to that was impulse buys from online shopping. I'm would be rent? Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, what do you waste the most money on? Rent? For sure? Pole question this morning? Do you drive with your hazard lights on in the hard rain? The pole question is on the X at Rod Ryan Show. Do you drive with your hazard lights on in the hard rain? Seventy two percent of you say no, ten percent of you say yes, almost eighteen percent of you say sometimes. We found out this morning. That's what a most big like dislikes in this world.
Speaker 3: There aren't even words to describe how mad I am just hearing you say it.
Speaker 1: Because you don't know, I'll make it worse. How about driving with your hazard lights on in the far left lane that straight at least be in the far right lane if you're going to.
Speaker 3: Do this off the roads, if you're uncomfortable driving.
Speaker 1: But we also have talked to police officers. Apparently not illegal to drive with your hazard lights.
Speaker 3: We're working on it, me and the government. We're working on it.
Speaker 1: The problem is we don't know. Don't switch lanes because we don't know where you're going. Yeah, crazy, Do not switch lanes?
Speaker 3: You a crazy person.
Speaker 1: We have talked a little bit about Ditch Day and I can't believe and this is not on you, but the twins have been here for a while.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: Nobody asked if for doing the tater toss. You haven't done it in the last two year. It's because you get so drunk and then we should. No, no, no, that's not me, not on me at all. I texted Gunner and he has tater tots and he's going to make us tots. We're doing the tater talks. We're talking about right now. We're going to just eat tomorrow. It got replaced last year by tossing around Tessa's implants. We did, but we did. But we did the tater talt Toss two years ago and we did it at Lucky's Pub West all those years. So we have done the tater tot toss before, correct, But we didn't do it last year because it was the implants used to go agenda. Right, we did one of those things we will be doing. I'm bringing other tickets with me to Ditch Day tomorrow. Tater Tot Toss will be one of the games.
Speaker 3: Anything I can prep for that well.
Speaker 1: But you want to hop back in the kitchen make the tots. That's fine, but they've got people for that. So you'll be busy. You'll be busy, You'll be busy. Sign belong Ditch Day tomorrow. Official start time is noon. The official time for the party is noon to two. Nobody's leaving it too, okay, but noon to two is where you sign up for those Metallica tickets. And then the one final thing and then I'll shut my mouth. I've got Metallica tickets coming up for you. And read my lips. It's mo Versus Alex. You know that this is in the first five rows off the floor. Okay, great seats, Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies. You will win a copy of the newly remastered Load album, and I may ask you to turn that into me. If you're the grand prize winner, I will replace that with a limited edition, numbered deluxe load box set. So all five of you are in the drawing for that. We'll do the drawing tomorrow. Not to be confused with the four pair of tickets I'm adding tomorrow, these are just random seats, but they're together seats. Every beer winner is gonna get Metallica tickets tomorrow so that was my announcement, like right off the beginning of the show. Okay, I'm sick of my own voice. So much to do. Oh it's so busy, it's not to read my lips. Take some last minute words. Email me directly, Rod at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 8: Rod.
Speaker 1: Can you even hear the music when you're singing? Yeah? I can? All right, Mo, how you feeling wonderful?
Speaker 4: Today's actually the worst at Alex when we started with a tornado warning. You're talking about flashers, and now I'm responsible for winning someone Metallica ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the wrong kind of flash, not the fun flash, not.
Speaker 3: The fun flashers.
Speaker 1: All right, last minute word suggestions email me Rod at the Buzz dot com, and then we're going to get set up to get Moe and Alex ready to go for Read my lips.
Speaker 12: Train Your Dragon is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters Friday. Get tickets now, Houston Anative.
Speaker 19: And tell them of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The Buzz a Ride.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, eight twenty three. Man, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I know that it's nasty outside and one hundred percent chance of these pesky and the rain and the thunderstorms, and I don't know, for some reason, the sun didn't get out of bed today, so it's just dark together. It's just dark outside. Yeah yeah, yeah, So sorry for the sun over sleeping. But we hopefully will turn things around a little bit. We've got your shot at some sold out Metallica tickets coming up. I think you know what we're getting ready to do here, but we'll fill you in in just a moment. But first, Alex, you you did mention her. The gal from MTV passed away yesterday, Lewis and Nanda Lewis. She was in her fifties, like fifty two, fifty two, yeah, and we don't know exactly why she passed away, but she did yesterday, and it's super sad. And I got two emails like Rod, this is a huge part of my childhood. She was on MTV. So many kids and different generations raised on MTV and she was on all the time. So she passed away yesterday. Obviously, you don't want to die when somebody bigger than you passes away. Everyone's still talking about the Beach Boys today, you know.
Speaker 6: Sly though we had Sly and Nanda Lewis and Brian Wilson's with three right.
Speaker 1: If you're looking at the celebrities and famous people die in threes, there is your three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, her and Brian Wilson. That's all that I see trending right now at the top day to that and that air crash. But so Brian Wilson. I was also gonna mention it too, But Nanda Lewis and Brian Wilson passing away yesterday.
Speaker 1: I was surprised how little I saw it yesterday. And I thought she was a huge name too. I mean she was much after I was. I was still watching MTV when she was on, you know, she was at the beach house and doing the news and all that. She was a big part of a lot of people growing up. I'm gonna be gutted whenever Carson goes Carson is your guy?
Speaker 13: Huh?
Speaker 1: Carson daily every day after school.
Speaker 3: The same thing this morning to Rob, He's like Carson.
Speaker 1: Davis's, she said, Carson's my guy. I get mad when people hate on him on his roll.
Speaker 6: He's on right now vib all right, Yeah, he's a music video every day after school.
Speaker 3: Adam where his new Balunce.
Speaker 1: He's doing just fine. Good because he's on the voice right too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he does it all. He's busy.
Speaker 1: Man US Open is trending.
Speaker 6: The US Open tournament is in the first round at Oakmont in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 6: We have jj spawn as your current leader at four under par and then sistagram Thursday continues to trend thanks to Jack and Sugarland for sitting as Natalie Lozano.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are checking her.
Speaker 6: Out as the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com that she's trending on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys, thank you. That's my lips. Call now seven one, three, two two five. Do you want to be on team or Team Alex for sold out Metallica tickets in the first five rows off the floor?
Speaker 13: Good luck celebrating the world's best.
Speaker 1: Dabs son, This is whiskey, Try something Okay?
Speaker 11: Thanks Dad?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 13: Another? Gonna?
Speaker 1: Happy Brother's day, Ron Ryan Show, Good bushis the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park, Good morning everybody. Chili just walked in big stretch said he's not stressed at all. He loves when he's not playing read my lips, especially for a prize like this. We've got Metallic to sold out show tickets just because I sent this email. Michelle sent me an email. Do you know the chance? Do you know the opening order of the bands, who's going on first, and all that stuff. This is what I got for you. Out for Saturday night. Doors are either at four or four thirty to the stadium for Metallica six o'clock, Suicidal Tennessease seven o'clock, Pantera eight thirty five, Metallica. What time does Metallica play until?
Speaker 11: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: You can kind of look up they're they're definitely. They're usually a two hour band for sure, two hour plus sometimes. Uh. No pressure. Hey, Chilie, and what's going on for the rock? You are in a good mood today.
Speaker 11: You know, it's just feel so good to be here doing my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you lost the Metallica tickets for somebody last week, so you don't have to do that two weeks. You don't have to do that two weeks in a row. Nah, MO is stressing horrible?
Speaker 13: Mo?
Speaker 3: Come on, I love this game.
Speaker 1: No you don't.
Speaker 3: You're right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Time to read my lips let's see who's playing today, Parla, good morning, Good morning for the rod. How are you doing fabulous?
Speaker 3: Now that I finally got through all welcome?
Speaker 1: How important would it be for you to go see Metallica on Saturday night? How big a deal were you?
Speaker 20: Have?
Speaker 1: No idea? I've never seen them in concert in I.
Speaker 22: Need to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's Alex or Mo? Who's who gives you the best chance to get in there and make that dream come true?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know it's gonna have to be Alex? Yeah, Dune, poor girl?
Speaker 1: All right? Well ezeki all good morning. Hey, good morning, ron Ezekiel. Same question. How big a deal would it be for you to go to that sold out Metallica show on Saturday night? I'd be huge. I've never seen them before, never thought I would actually show.
Speaker 5: We got a couple of people that have never seen the band before, and this is a dream come true kind of concert.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take a guess here, Moe is the one that's trying to get you into the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't pick me, but you're stuck with me.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't say that.
Speaker 19: I know.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, Hey, Capable, I'd be happy for you if you want.
Speaker 3: I'm good at the.
Speaker 1: Game, Ezekee old team Mo parla parla pearla, pearla perla. Team Alex, Alex, you're the returning champion. You won Metallica tickets for somebody last week? Oh did I yeah? I almost forgot. They have a great time, chould. They crushed somebody's dream last year. We would never I went to overtime.
Speaker 11: It just happens that the cards didn't fall my way.
Speaker 1: You want to go first or second, Alex, Well just take the head phone from me. So I'm imagining that means you want to go first? All right, then go first?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 11: You see you'll take a look at the sky outside. That's how you Saturday is going.
Speaker 1: To look, okay, mo shuffling? Shuffling? Is that a fad to black joke? Shuffling? I don't care who gets what words? Okay they are all, all of them are fantastic. We're at shuffling. That's a great job shuffling. Thank you.
Speaker 11: You don't you should be working at a Sino show.
Speaker 1: Like stress Up. I'm not that.
Speaker 11: Mo is Now she looks focused, though the luck pal notice that she didn't complain about putting the music on or anything that they change.
Speaker 1: She's changed.
Speaker 11: She's just trying to bait us in.
Speaker 1: And here we go, all right. Uh, Ezekiel, never seen Metallica. Mo cannot hear me. And I'm coming out of the gate Astley with an oh, it's trouble first word. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 11: She's serious though.
Speaker 1: There we go, twenty seconds on the clock. Please ready, sir. Jungle Juice, Shocker Juice, jungle Juice, Shocker Jungle soccer, Jungle Juice.
Speaker 4: Charlotte Juice, Jungle Juice, Shocker Juice, jungle Juice, stocked juice, jungle Juice.
Speaker 3: I think you're saying, shocker jungle.
Speaker 1: Juice, time time, shocker. You brought her.
Speaker 15: Help.
Speaker 1: The chilis over here, kids. That's a good kids juice. Jungle Juice. Jungle Juice said on the show, we were talking about concert tailgating, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, used to do it in a tub. Yeah, good juice.
Speaker 1: In the pink. What is that talking about? Here we go donuts, all right, Ezekiel. Not not the start you wanted. Here we go, Gus, Gus, you got plenty of time, Gus, Gus. The party Bush sent this in. This sounds like he wants some cry twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 5: You got this thumbs up, thumbs up, slippery snake, slippery snake?
Speaker 1: What gus gus? The party where my man's slippery serpiente.
Speaker 11: I thought you weren't going to have any words. Let's say that.
Speaker 1: Snakes not not in the shout it out loud game. Oh okay, because Alice can't handle it. I would have got that one. All right, here we go, empty Adam.
Speaker 5: They have to be an English Adam sent this one in. Let's go, thumbs up, thumbs up. Good vibrations, good vibrations.
Speaker 1: All I don't feeling those good.
Speaker 11: I thought it was marketing, marketing, a funky bunch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, you can go that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, feel the vibration.
Speaker 20: Go.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's my spring break.
Speaker 3: You got to it's so loud.
Speaker 1: You got two.
Speaker 3: I hope I need you proud, really hard. It's really hard to do.
Speaker 1: Good luck, good all right, okay, thanks man, Alex Parla. Your boy needs two to tie three to win. We got a game yours. Because I'm scared that.
Speaker 23: There's gonna be a tie breaker and I'm gonna have to put those headphones back.
Speaker 3: In my ears.
Speaker 1: She does not like the valume that the music is at.
Speaker 11: All right, don't stress yourself. Well, thank you, good shot, good Joe.
Speaker 1: I know he's your twin brother in all twenty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm biased right now, he doesn't get any extra time.
Speaker 1: I'm a fair guy, all right, Pearla, good luck to you. Your boy looks like he's locked in.
Speaker 11: I'm stern but fair.
Speaker 1: He's got those baby blues looking right at me. All right. You can't hear it.
Speaker 11: He's focused.
Speaker 1: Nobody can hear you. Oh, I heard you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Thumbs up up. Booty tape again, booty tape, movie tape, booty tape, booty tape. God, I'm sure he's talking about friend on friend off Eli the booty tape. Yeah, he's been taping the ladies booty tape.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow I get to see it for the first time.
Speaker 1: Taping like yeah, taping up the booties and cupcakes.
Speaker 11: I just want to do the swiftly.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Katie. Katie sent this one in. I think she probably I think this was inspired by Mo. I don't know if she wanted it to be Mo's word, but now let's just getting it. Thumbs up out, rip snort, stan rip snort, rib sort, ri rip snort, rip shorts, ripped shorts, rip snort, rip snort, rip snorts, got it, got it like one second left?
Speaker 11: Got it?
Speaker 1: Rip snort? You gotta sell a game? Who snorts on the show?
Speaker 3: It's real though, it's genuine.
Speaker 11: I think it's funny.
Speaker 3: Can't help it. I wish I could stop it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have a tie game.
Speaker 3: I'm praying right now.
Speaker 1: I want real talk. Are you okay? I want to know what I know. Those prayers are internal? Do you want him to win? So you don't.
Speaker 19: Do that.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering what you're praying for.
Speaker 3: Over like Jesus, take the wheel.
Speaker 1: Please don't let me go.
Speaker 7: It will be done.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's easy.
Speaker 11: How he's feeling?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go?
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, Ezekiel, I tried really hard.
Speaker 1: Pearla twenty seconds away finding out what's happening here. Paul sent this word in twenty seconds on.
Speaker 11: The clock, the most thumb twenty seconds of my life.
Speaker 1: Concert Baby, Saian concert concert baby.
Speaker 3: Oh you got it?
Speaker 1: I find it as you get a game by everybody? Concert Baby.
Speaker 23: If I can't parla, I'm sorry, Ezekiel, but Pearla is going to the Metallica show girl.
Speaker 3: We got a pair of tickets for.
Speaker 4: You in the first five rows off the floor, so you're seeing Metallica panter rasticidal tendencies.
Speaker 3: It's a happening Saturday. Plus you've got a double vinyl copy of the newly remastered load album and you're qualified for the Grand Fries which is a limited edition numbered Delexe load box set. Congratulations, I am shaking right now. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you. I'll see you out there on Saturday.
Speaker 11: Okay, awesome.
Speaker 4: Who is a Shockers over here throwing up the shocker and I'm trying to focus?
Speaker 7: That was it.
Speaker 1: Said? I said focus. I think we'd better go to a break right good game everybody, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz nine, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Breaking Benjamin Throwback Thursday. I just took a quick look. Stone Row is still in the lead over Buck Cherry. I was surprised to see that those are your people. Yeah, I wanted the Stone Roses song. Alex. We never agree, we rarely agree. Sometimes we do, sometimes we do. On Throwback Thursday, you vote on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Look at a girl's block page is huge today. Lots of birthdays. Adriana Lima. Is she the most beautiful chick on the planet ever? Maybe?
Speaker 3: And aging so well?
Speaker 1: Maybe so her birthday today? And then the other programming note one guy eatmail. He said, dude, weren't you supposed to have a world premiere of of twenty one pilots today? I think somebody got their wires crossed. It's Jeremy's going to have the world premiere, the true world premiere at eleven o'clock today. He's going to bring you the brand new song from twenty one Pilots. We'll give you a spin of that, and I'll take the calls. We'll all listen to it together. I'm not saying you can't listen ahead, but we'll listen to it tomorrow at seven twenty. In addition to everything else going on tomorrow. If you didn't hear where have you been? I said, Free beer Friday. All the beer winners are getting Metallica tickets tomorrow on the show. So we'll still do the tickets that we're doing in the first five rows off the floor, and then in addition to that, I will give away a pair of tickets with every case of beer. Okay, mo, take it away. Houston's headlines, Yes.
Speaker 4: Sir, closely following the weather today. It's still so dark outside. I just left rough commute this morning. We're seeing that by all the traffic that is showing up. Severe thunderstorms, gusty winds, isolated tornadoes and hay'll hit early this morning. Everything's moving slowly.
Speaker 3: And that is why we know.
Speaker 4: We have a flood watch. It's been issued until seven pm. Another issue, the flash flood warning, and that's expanding. It's in Matta Gorda County, but it's been extended till eleven am. If you're in that area, just know if you're driving on the roads today, heavy rain is going to be an issue.
Speaker 3: Flash flooding ongoing.
Speaker 1: Uh Rod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this next story I think you called. I'm giving you all credit because the romance is back on. Didn't even last week. Elon Musk and Trump they're back. Well, we don't know if they're back together.
Speaker 7: Is Elon?
Speaker 1: Is he the one that's kind of crawfishing a little?
Speaker 3: He said, I regret some of my posts about President Trump last week. They went too far unquote. According to The New York Times, the guys talked on the phone Monday night.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't hear that part of the story. I guess I was busy. Wow, they talked the neet, wrapping, the quarter an, the fairything. No, I'm sorry. You're right. I should have said that.
Speaker 22: I want to know what happened on that phone call. Oh, well, tell me how it went right. They'll tell us what they what we want to hear. I always knew these guys were getting.
Speaker 7: Back to you.
Speaker 3: You called it. That's why I gave you full credit.
Speaker 4: It was all you can Anyone get me a Nintendo switch To please, Nintendo's newest video game console, breaking all the sales records. The switch To was released last week, and it managed to rack up more than three point five million units sold in just four days, making it the fastest selling console in the history of the company and the fastest selling game console of all time. Only retails for about four fifty alex.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 6: Is it just like a handheld game. You can also pull the sides apart and then play it on the TV if you want.
Speaker 1: Can you play newer games on it too? Or is it just like Mario Kart. You can pay. There's a new Mario Kart, you can play it. Okay, it does have a new.
Speaker 3: Games Okay, four hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Do you want one? I'm not offering no.
Speaker 3: Daddy just wanted to buy you one.
Speaker 1: Sounded like I was going to buy everybody one. No, but is this something that you covet No? Okay, pay no console guy.
Speaker 4: We got more details yesterday regarding the animated Stranger Things spin off that's in the works from Netflix. It's called Tales from eighty five. It's going to air sometime next year. It takes place in the winter between seasons two and three of the original series, and it'll feature the original characters.
Speaker 3: Plus a new one.
Speaker 4: The fifth and final season of the actual Stranger Things is being released in three parts later this year, between Thanksgiving and.
Speaker 3: New Year's Eve.
Speaker 4: Papa Roach fans Jacoby Shaddocks is spilling the tea. He says the band quote has about five maybe six finished songs for the follow up to twenty twenty two's Ego Trip album, and they are racing to complete more. No release date, but more tea came when he said surprise guests that he won't name.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he met a bunch of new people.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you guys in the country space play the collab between them and Carrie Underwood?
Speaker 3: No, but I remember seeing that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he met like a bunch of new people. Now that he's pals with Carrie. You think, I'm telling you if there's something about country, if there's going to be a special guest on there, for the love of God, Jelly rolls on everyone speed dial.
Speaker 3: But Carrie on would be unique.
Speaker 1: He's already worked with her. But I'm thinking that he has opened the door to country artists. And who did he meet? Vias? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm wondering if it'll be my guest.
Speaker 3: I write this down Loves Predictions.
Speaker 1: My prediction is it'll be somebody in the country space. Those are Houston headlines, Party Party, I Love Who Lord Georgia Line, Morgan Wallens.
Speaker 3: Bordia Georgia Line does not exist anymore? What they broke off? Allen, No, I'm really sorry for your loss.
Speaker 1: Maybe Papa Roach doesn't cover of the rue Chattahoochee.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, all right, what you got over there? The Astros got to win last night. They blew out the White Sox ten to too. Christian Walker had a had four RBI in the game for this Drogs. They're gona wrap up their series with Chicago tonight. Framer Valdes is going to be on the mound for Houston going up against the White Sox. Davis Martin first pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety your News Radio seven forty k t RH. In basketball, the Pacers beat the Thunder last night one sixteen to one oh seven in Game three of the NBA Finals. They now lead the series two games to one and they're gonna play Game four tomorrow night. In hockey, we got Game four of the Stanley Cup Final tonight between the Panthers and Oilers. Florida is up tow to one in that one. That's gonna start at seven o'clock and you can watch it on TNT and True TV. And it is Day one of the US Open in Oakmont, Pennsylvania. World number one golfer Scottie Scheffler is the favorite to win the event.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 6: We've got JJ spawn as the current leader at four under par.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Back to that hockey game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fine, that's to night right, Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: What time hockey seven? Yes, we'll still be awake. Whoa great about the first half of the first period. Let's go all right, we're listen. I have Struts Dirty Honey tickets coming up for you in about ten minutes. I've got Voldeat Hailstorm tickets for you on Know the Show. We'll present to you the winning song for Throwback Thursday, and I don't know about a million other things. I got a jam into this last hour US Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Ninety five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers nine oh seven. Still nasty outside, it's still dark.
Speaker 3: There's no size so.
Speaker 1: Bad man, chance of thunderstorms, just a skanky day, so not. I mean, it's gonna keep it cooler outside. That's really about the only upside that I see. Somebody asked, what was the overtime word today? Well, we didn't need it for read my lips, overtime word puppet master. It just happened to be sitting out here. Metallica has a song master of puppets and an album master of puppets. Did we use this before though, you mayn I don't remember they held doing yet. Yeah, I don't remember if we'd used this already, so I was I was saving it for an overtime word we gave away the Metallica tickets sold out Saturday. Oh you know what, I just I thought i'd share this email. Somebody had asked me for the set times, Sondra. Saundra, I'm saying it right. I believe doors are either opening tomorrow. I'm sorry. I keep thinking Today's Friday Saturday sold out Metallica doors are either of four or four thirty. Can't seem to really sure that one up. Suicidal Tendencies at six, Pantera at seven, Metallica hits the stage at eight thirty five. She said, Man, thank you so much. Way back in the day, in the late eighties, I know, I'm dating myself. I saw Pantera at a club called Backstage No Way. Yeah, I wonder if anybody else saw that. That of course would have been the you know, the lineup with Dime and his brother. She said, I've been a huge fans. I've been a huge fan ever since. See y'all. See y'all on Saturday. PS. Tell mo, I'm so damn happy she's on the buzz.
Speaker 3: That's so sweet.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a nice thing. Yeah, she's like, hey, you know what, you guys are doing pretty good. No, I'm so damn happy, my girl that Moe is on the buzz.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 1: That was a great thing. Alex buck Cherry back in the lead.
Speaker 3: Nice Alex's people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now we got some votes pouring in for Throwback Thursday. Buck Cherry lit up forty two percent of the vote. Stone Roses Love Spreads that was my song forty percent of the vote. And Eel's Nova Kine for the Soul. It's a weird song, but it's cool. It's only got seventeen percent of the vote. Whenny song is going to be played at nine point thirty? What else? What else tomorrow? Well he's right there. I might as well ask him, Chillie, where are the where are there? Here's where it's gonna get a little confusing. Okay, every day this week, for the third week in a row. Now we're giving away Metallica tickets Tomorrow is the last day we give away tickets in the first five rows off the floor lore for the sold out Metallica show. That person will score a double vinyl copy of the newly remastered load album, which is celebrating a big anniversary. I think it's twenty five years. And then one of you, I'll snatch that album out of your hands and I'll replace it with a limited edition number deluxe load box set. This thing is ridiculous, three hundred and one total tracks. So the tickets that we we only thought we had five pair this week, Chili, where are those Metallica tickets in the first five rows off the floor going to be? What time tomorrow?
Speaker 11: We're gonna let people sweat, So we're gonna put them in a nine five for not to show?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, no the show now that was for all the all the stuff that I had just mentioned. So that means we gotta do a grand prize drawing before we get out of here and upload them or upgrade somebody to those that killer Deluxe load box set. I have tickets now, I don't know where they are. This isn't in that first five rows. This isn't for the album. This isn't for any of that fun stuff, but I did scrape together four pair of tickets to Metallica. Every beer winner is going to get Metallica tickets tomorrow on the show. Huge Day. It's a huge weekend. It's a huge weekend. And if you didn't, I know the Blood Drive. The blood people contacted us and said, man, thanks for mentioning that. But we are out of those Metallica t shirts for the Blood Drive, but they're still pop up shop. We should probably repost that link Chili pop up. We'll do it tomorrow. We'll pop up, pop up shop, the movie, all of that before the show. It's a Metallica weekend here in Houston. All right, today flew by.
Speaker 3: There's just a lot. But I think you handled it well.
Speaker 1: Around it's a lot. I mean we handled it well. We handled it well. Here's some tickets over there, I do.
Speaker 8: What do you go?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see the Struts with Dirty Honey. They're going to hear September twenty fifth House of Blues tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or if you're collar ten seven, one three, two one to five, nine four five, all.
Speaker 1: Right, call her ten good luck.
Speaker 12: How to Train Your Dragon is the adventure of the summer in theaters Friday.
Speaker 1: Get tickets now Easton's Rock and Alternatives The.
Speaker 7: Rod Last Morning show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz okay, welcome back everybody. I told you about the girl that emailed who said she's so damn happy you're on the show. Yes, she shared with us, she said, even though it's shown my age I saw. She said she saw Pantera at a club. The club was called back back Stage. Yes, back in the day. She didn't give me a year. Missy says, I also was at backstage for Pantera. So cool. She also goes on to say her one and only Metallica show Monsters of Rock, which I did mention this week on the show that was nineteen eighty eight in the summer of it played Rice Stadium here Van Halen, Scorpions doc in Kingdom come and Metallica like opened up. They weren't even they were like maybe the second or third band. They were just a baby band. In eighty eight fire Truck Spray and all the people, it was so hot, crazy. They did the same thing in Buffalo, and then I've been texting back and forth with Gunner this morning. Gunner runs all like what we call the Creek Group Onion Creek, Cactus Cove, all of those bars, he runs them all. He said, I was awesome at backstage and saw Pantera. The club was on Bissinett and Southwest Freeway back in the day. He said, a lot of bands came through there. That's so cool. So a lot of people seeing Pantera for the first time in a long time. Opening up. I got a feeling people are gonna get in early. Pantera goes on stage at seven. Suicidal Tendencies will be on an hour before that at six. Metallica goes on at a thirty.
Speaker 15: All right, Tomline, Kid's flicks Online five the most Alex.
Speaker 1: Do you mind if I take a quick call. Okay, I'm supposed to give away these these tickets. Good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 8: This is Michael, who's there?
Speaker 19: Hi?
Speaker 1: My name is My name is Rodney Ryan, Michael. I'm sorry.
Speaker 22: I got talking about old concerts and stuff and I forgot thisiscent.
Speaker 1: We were giving away tickets. Struts, Dirty Honey, September twenty fifth, Dude.
Speaker 11: You want them? All right? All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, bro? Thank you. And then I think here's what's gonna happen. There's gonna be a guy in the radio twenty years from now, and Michael's gonna send that guy an email and say, you know what, I saw him, Dirty Honey back at the House of Blues. I won tickets from this station, and then the House Dirty Honey might be one of these bands that play stadiums down the road. Man, they're gonna be great, They're gonna be huge. Michael, have a great time, Michael, I agree with you. Go ahead, Alex, all right.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 6: Well, it's called TV houses, and you're gonna be looking at a bunch of houses from different TV shows and China.
Speaker 1: See if you compare them.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna be so good at that show they were from.
Speaker 6: This is a pretty easy one, that the Brady Bunch House, and there's a bunch of other easier you know.
Speaker 3: This one's gotta be family guy.
Speaker 1: All right, two for two.
Speaker 6: Wow, go check it out and see if you can pare out these TV houses to look famous.
Speaker 1: Writing show page device that time True Back First ran Show, the NY four five, The Bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Guys. I know it's nasty out there, man, I appreciate you spending your morning with us. We've got Voldeat Hailstorm tickets coming up for you on Know This Show. I'm kind of just vamping up until nine thirty. I want to make sure that we get all the votes in for for the winner of Throwback Thursday. It was close last time I checked. I'm going to refresh one final time.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We are here at nine thirty. All right, guys, hope you're all to a great start to your day. I hope this helps those of you that voted for the number one song today. Hey damn, it's so close. Eels Novah came for the Soul twelve percent of the vote. Stone Roses Love Spreads forty two percent of your vote, but Cherry Lip up over forty five percent of you said this is what you want to hear? All right, I'm not that bad. It's a great song. Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is. Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five.
Speaker 13: The Bush.
Speaker 2: Jooma. It's John Jo.
Speaker 9: Mama said it ma not to say, And that's how home will the downs man, I'm bad, ther, Yes, I'm home, mall okay.
Speaker 1: I love they gang.
Speaker 2: I love the jo gay. I can't work. I'll tell you why. I want change and ride now. Now the train is staying the track.
Speaker 9: I'm the do ch from this sc what I can't already take my play lived and guess I'm hot man gay. All the downs there, my man, there is a home mank.
Speaker 1: I bther go gay. I love that Brokay.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you work. I can't you well.
Speaker 1: I love that drogay love that Brokay.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you well, I'll get you away.
Speaker 17: Racked the dumboat, the curious girl because she's weighed down. She's been weighed down, the trouble line boat of venus man because he wants one.
Speaker 1: You know you know you got them? Can you feel it?
Speaker 15: Can you feel it tonight?
Speaker 1: Are you well alone? Tell me?
Speaker 13: How are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Can a moment?
Speaker 1: She wants you so right?
Speaker 7: You rattle.
Speaker 1: Rattler.
Speaker 9: I guess I'm all again. All the downs, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 2: Damn. I love that doping. I love that dog. I'll tell you.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you I love that Chalca.
Speaker 1: I love that jock. I'll get you, I'll get you away.
Speaker 8: No, hey, I'm not made up money. What am I a money tree.
Speaker 13: I just need Bill Dad.
Speaker 11: National Banker, Ron Ryan Show Sho.
Speaker 7: Go Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five to Bus Gorilla Is with Dala Soul and feel Good Ink. Good Morning brought Ryan's show throw back Thursday. Before that, Buck Cherry lit up great song, Alex, congratulations, Thank you. That's two weeks in a row you won, read my lips and got your dumb song played. I didn't make a long I like the song. I love it. I just I really wanted that Stone Roses. I was really surprised it was leading for a short period of time today on the show. But thank you guys so much for voting and getting involved. I mean, we were kind of everywhere today. I don't know. Sometimes maybe I spread ourselves a little too thin. In the morning, I was asked to put up a pole question this morning, do you drive with your hazard lights on in this hard rain? Seventy three percent of our audience says no, yes, seventeen percent say sometimes, And then to see Moe go off, no stop.
Speaker 3: Why are you doing this to me? I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: I know you don't.
Speaker 3: It's just when if you drive with your flashes on, I hate you I like this.
Speaker 1: That's your not returned. That's Alex's version of Alexis.
Speaker 5: Is known for hating people that don't return to the shopping go fired up like that's dumb.
Speaker 3: The hazard lights stop doing it, it's not safe.
Speaker 1: Wow. And the thing you're just not gonna make it. She's not gonna make it. Just to add to the mix of everything else that's going on, Todd Monster Jam ticket pre sale stop, I don't have time for This is happening today right time at ten am. Nice the Monster Jam ticket pre sale. That means it's coming back to town and we're not gonna make you wait until the new year. This this October show is a regular thing for us now and the Rob Ryan Show. Monster Jam Truck will be performing. Mark your calendars Energy Stadium October eighteenth. If you didn't hear about it yet, I know my kid will be excited. Have you taken your kids to Monster Jam yet?
Speaker 7: Not yet?
Speaker 3: This will be their first time. They're very excited, so they are.
Speaker 1: Going to go. Yes, then you got to make the decision. Do they go down to the pit beforehand. We'll be down there. It's just a long it's just a long ass day. Yeah, you know, and you got little littles.
Speaker 3: They're very little.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with no but for them to see the trucks and walk the track and meet the drivers, and the truck's up up close and everything. Yeah, it's just one of those decisions that we talked about today on the show. Some guy wanted to bring his toddler to Metallica, and everybody was real respectful on the show. That's not the case with all the emails that I received in some of the calls.
Speaker 8: But it's your kid.
Speaker 1: You do what you want.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, you're a kid, you're the parents.
Speaker 1: Did I say that. I thought it was a great idea. I just don't think the kid's going to stay awake. You know what time do you plan on getting there? Same thing with Monster Jam, Right, it's a great idea to bring toddlers and kids to Monster Jam. Does one of them stay awake during the whole thing?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 1: No, even with the loud. I mean, if you've got seats and you're gonna bring a toddler, and if that kid falls asleep in the seat during Metallica and you can still enjoy yourself, then knock yourself out. Power to Yeah, kids, can fall asleep during Metallica.
Speaker 3: That's a very expensive nap.
Speaker 1: I can fall asleep during metallic Yeah yeah, all right? What did what did we not giveaway yet?
Speaker 4: We have a pair of tickets volebeats ye greatest of all tours Worldwide Hailstorm July twenty ninth, seven to one to three Music Hall, our favorite ticketmaster dot com or.
Speaker 1: If you know the show, all right, Moe's gonna work on a question and it will be mow the show on the flip of this break.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the bus. All right, welcome back, everybody. I've got tickets to Volbeat Hailstorm July twenty ninth, seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 11: La La La La La La La La La.
Speaker 1: Ti promote the show. She's going to ask you a question about something that was talked about today on the program. What you're doing, Brad.
Speaker 3: Isn't there a rule that we don't text our friends before a certain time in the morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there is. I've broken that rule before.
Speaker 3: What time did you text Gunner this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh? I did text Gunner today. He was up.
Speaker 3: That's good. He was hests his heart. He's a late that kind of guy.
Speaker 17: Was it?
Speaker 3: Seven thirty five?
Speaker 1: Seven six?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: Too much?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: So that's my question on you know the show this morning. What food did Rod request be present at ditch day tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yep? And I did get the thumbs up on that.
Speaker 5: He confirmed, yeah, because we need it first day and he text you back right away. He was in gunners up early.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four.
Speaker 1: Five let's see two minutes later.
Speaker 3: That's impressive. Thank you Gunner for everything you do for us.
Speaker 1: We're gonna use him for a game tomorrow. Seven one three two win two five. If you know that food item, here's to dad, who helped you become a man. All right, sound swing at the ball.
Speaker 8: Don't be a pussy.
Speaker 1: He helped you in sticky situations. I locked your door. I'll be right, gad, I know what you're doing in there.
Speaker 11: He left with you, jack ass, cried with you.
Speaker 8: I can't believe you blued a game.
Speaker 11: So this Father's Day, give your dad the gift of shot fertilizer from Home Depot. After all the shot he's given you, Introducing fertilizer for him from Home Depot also available for wedding anniversaries.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan on ninety four five The Bus, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Offspring, gonna kind of cap off the show, will I don't know. We got this great ticket to give away. Maybe I'll sneak something on before we get out of here. Guys, I appreciate you sticking with us on this nasty, nasty looking throwback Thursday. Really bad out there? Is it just like this all day? Are we stuck with this crap?
Speaker 3: Last I checked four pm? It's forever, it's been like through the weekend.
Speaker 1: At four pm it gets down to a forty percent chance.
Speaker 3: It's still a lot.
Speaker 1: So it's not one hundred percent chance. And then yeah, thirty percent chance of rain at six damn Yeah, really really nasty today. Let's go now, Time for know this show.
Speaker 15: On ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: La La La La La La La La La La La la la la la la la la la La, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, Who is this Megan?
Speaker 8: Megan?
Speaker 3: Meghan's at work?
Speaker 1: Oh, Meghan, you're at work? Are You're not supposed to be on the phone with us right now?
Speaker 3: I'm at work, but it's okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Let's see if you mow the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you for listening at work, Meghan. Which food did Rod request be present at ditch Day tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Cater talk Yeah, the tater tot toss my girl, which Alex doesn't think we ever do for some reason, we're talking them in the last year when I told you the reason we didn't do it last year. Yeah, so we still didn't do it. We were tossing around Tessa's old implants that were removed. Oh, I didn't let her keep those. I thought they did it. We threw, we threw until they broke.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, Megan just won mode the show. What are you giving her?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 4: Bulbeat is going to be on their greatest of all tours worldwide. Hailstorm will be there July twenty ninth, the seven one to three musical.
Speaker 3: Meghan, you will be there as well. Awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do I love Vulbeat Welby Rocks. I think I love them, Megan, thanks for being on the show today. Thank you hang on for me.
Speaker 6: There is this other Volbeat song that we also liked too, and then we were like, wait, they have more than one song we.
Speaker 1: Really like, so was this a summer jam?
Speaker 6: We premiered one and it was like right around ditch day time, I feel like and then we're like, maybe this.
Speaker 1: Is the summer jam you like, the one with the saxophone in it? Absolutely? Yes, yes, does this have a saxophone in it? I think it's Anything with the saxophone is immediately cool. This might be it. I should have been playing Vulbeat whole week. Are we only playing Volby's? I don't know. But the last time I saw the only time I saw Volby, they opened up for Metallic at the stadium. Oh nice, Yeah they did. Okay that you got a new podcast up, brand new podcast, Episode six twenty. We tell you what cactivism is?
Speaker 6: Very interesting stuff. The word cactivism like activism with a cactus. I guess we had to listen to find out. We also try and find out if you can be addicted to therapy and how you would treat somebody that was addicted to therapy. And we tried to figure out how much the Big Dipper would cost. Think Louisiana purchase Style and power rang to guitar solos. That was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: That's interesting if people could be addicted to therapy. I think people can really like therapy, just like you like working out. Think about it like you're getting your body, yeah, you know in shape. It's like people look at it like working out.
Speaker 6: And if you were like when you go to like rehab. Rehab is a type of therapy. So how would you treat being addicted to the thing that you can't get treated for?
Speaker 1: At that point? See More Passively podcast and check it out. Brandon. We'll never ever forget that. Eddie Van Halen did the guitar solo. Unbeat it. We talked about it this morning.
Speaker 3: We did, he missed it.
Speaker 1: He's gonna go for win number three tomorrow. Uh, alex One read my lips today. Congrat I thought you'd put up a great fight.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I have pretty good about it too.
Speaker 1: Perla One sold out Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Pearla is now in the first five rows.
Speaker 3: The first time seeing him.
Speaker 1: We gave her the newly remastered load album and now she's in the drawing for tomorrow for the limited edition Number Deluxe Load box set with three hundred and one total tracks, two hundred and forty five of those are new are new. Thank you to Gunner for answering my text this morning. We're gonna do the Tater Tot toss tomorrow at ditch Day ready, but yeah, he'll be getting the toss ready for us for ditch Day tomorrow. New episode like the man mentioned, new episode of Past the Gravy tomorrow on the show. Metallica tickets in the first five rows off the floor like we've been doing all week, and get qualified for the album, give you the album, get you qualified for a better album. All that that's not know the show. I'm also going to add another pair of Metallica tickets to every case of beer tomorrow. You won't be in the drawing or any of that, but I thought you guys would want those tickets, so I hope I'm right on that. You're right every beer winner, I think Metallica tickets free beer Friday. You kidding me now. Jeremy is up next. He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, But I'm not done. At eleven o'clock he's got the world premiere of a new song from twenty one Pilots, and then you're gonna hear it all throughout the day. We are going to play it tomorrow at around seven to twenty. I think the song is called the Contract. Is that right?
Speaker 3: That's what I saw?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we've been busy, so busy.
Speaker 3: It was fun. I had a fun day.
Speaker 1: It went by quick, it flew, it went by quick. Chili's got all that Monster Jam information up. Tickets are pre sale, tickets are going on sale, so he put that link up. Next week, we're gonna give you a chance to win Monster Jam tickets. All right, that's it, right, Please, Tomorrow is Ditch Day. I know we're gonn to talk a lot about that. We'll try to do We even bother put it together a schedule for nex day.
Speaker 11: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: If we do, it's gonna just get thrown out of a second walk in. I agree with you. The only thing that I am going to hold to is you can register for tickets for Metallica starting at noon, and we'll do the drawing close to. Somebody has to find us, Big Rod. We'll do it Tater to toss at one o'clock. Okay, all right, somebody has to find Rod. It's not on us now. This is on the listeners and people that will be there. Please say that big yeah, just find it all right, have an awesome Thursday. Good luck with this weather. We're back in twenty hours. Hey I'm as.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 15: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.