Speaker 1: Now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio. Others kine.
Speaker 2: The day.
Speaker 1: You can back off that, MICUs Smith. You did you leaned in? You leaned in on that one. Ben.
Speaker 3: That's all that for the next three hours.
Speaker 1: Sorry about your luck anyway. What is our dad joke of the day?
Speaker 4: Please? Running into stationary objects can be painful. According to a recent poll, I like that one.
Speaker 1: I like that one a lot. Okay, what's our word of the day? Please?
Speaker 4: Is a verb? Okay?
Speaker 1: Et elate eto late et o late what I E T I O l A t E. I have absolutely no idea eto late. I'm going to say, what is the root eto?
Speaker 3: What the root word is? So I'm going to try and make it. Okay, you guess then, doesn't it means like you you've lost your mojo, You lost take your your strength, your vigor.
Speaker 1: Like you've petered out?
Speaker 4: Kind of this has to do with a plant? Oh, okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Say it's to up tank water from the roots.
Speaker 2: Then to cause a plant to whiten or grow pale by excluding light.
Speaker 1: Oh, you starve them?
Speaker 2: Another another definition, I really do all right.
Speaker 1: Which famous American novelist worked as a reporter and writer for the Kansas City newspaper when he was seventeen years old. I feel like this is like a Hunter S. Thompson thing here. Maybe let's see here. Oh I am wrong. He was earlier than hunterress address.
Speaker 4: Reporter.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I hate his work.
Speaker 4: I'm no, I'm blanking.
Speaker 1: Ernest Hemingway, was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I don't like Ernest Hemingway. I hate the way he writes women. It's it's literally insulting to my gender. The way he writes women. I just I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's like, what's that the Jack Nicholson lives as good as it gets?
Speaker 4: How do you write women so well? I think of a man in a takeaway reason and accountability. Oh boy, that's pretty much.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what is our Jeopardy category?
Speaker 4: Let me channel my best Homer Simpson here.
Speaker 1: Okay, donuts don't.
Speaker 4: Don't what dough? Dough?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: According to legend, this holiday cookie with a manly shape was created.
Speaker 1: By Ian What's a gingerbread man?
Speaker 4: Correct? It's just, by the way, no, no dough. That one happened to.
Speaker 2: Okay because I was like trying to do things that are now that I've roasted my marshmallow. I'll combine it with either.
Speaker 1: What's am correct?
Speaker 4: Sir Isaac?
Speaker 2: Could you tell there are apple, strawberry, and fig varieties of these?
Speaker 4: Did you get it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: Then? What are Newton the.
Speaker 2: It's the large American cookie company whose cookies are made by Elvis.
Speaker 1: What is keeler?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: You can get your own messages put inside these dessert cookies.
Speaker 4: What a fortune cookie?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 4: Here's the m in that one?
Speaker 1: Are my favorite favorite favorites?
Speaker 4: Yummy?
Speaker 1: Like favorite wedding favors? Ever? Were fortune cookies that on the inside said it'll probably never last And I thought that was the funniest. It actually was a wedding edic of a comedian.
Speaker 4: So funny.
Speaker 3: Like I used to there was a Chinese restaurant that my mom, who's an immigration attorney, helped immigrate them back when I was in high school, and they would make their fortune cookies fresh, Oh nice. They would do their own type written scripts, so I would slip them a couple of bucks. But if I took a date in there, you've just met the man of your dreams or you know. Put stuff like that inside these scamming.
Speaker 4: On the fortune cookies.
Speaker 2: So see the fortune I got before the inclines unreal. Yeah, it was perfectly step by step, you will ascend the staircase to success.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before I did the incline the.
Speaker 1: Week he was really incline.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite fortune ever, my dear and now departed friend Dave. I loved this guy. He was super awkward and just a complete nerd and I adored him. And we go out to the Chinese restaurant. He got a Chinese he got a fortune cookie, and the fortune was and I quote never smell the inside of a hat. And it was like, what's of course? Yeah, It's like when I say your you know, your dog's feet smell like free Doo's, You're gonna act like you're not gonna smell them later, But you are. You totally are