Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody's favorite song about Alistair Crowley. Coming up later in the show, k T will rank its top five, so make sure to stick around for that. It's the Been in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Do you guys did go into dumpling noodle restaurants? Yes? Is that your jam at all? I don't think I've ever been to one, Chris, what is dude? Dumplings are my favorite. I went to a dumpling restaurant for my birthday. Did you really here? Yeah? Where'd you go? Royal China? Oh, Man China. So it's a it's I think it's a trending thing in in in restaurants, Like it's kind of the flavor da jore long bow. What's that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So those are more of like the steamed, fluffy kind of dumplings party. Yeah. Uh. My daughter went on a trip to California over Christmas holiday and she talked about a place, a dumpling place in California that's in the middle of the mall. So that middle of the mall is and she said there was a two and a half hour wait to get dumplings. Well, yeah, first off, that many people are in a mall. That's fair point. It sounds like they were just going for dumplings. Yeah, yeah, So anyways, it's kind of a it's one of the trends that are happening. And there is a place where we live in Alan that just open called Well, I'll just say their name. It wasn't good, give it out. If I thought it was good, I'm gonna go back, Like do you want people to know about it? Though, because I won't say mine on the air. You know, I'm not gonna say the name of I don't want to wait, yeah, I'm not going to say the name of it because whatever. But I'll say it was good, and I'm gonna go back. And when I go back next time, maybe because we just got the bow and we got the dumplings, maybe I'll go back and get a noodle dish. Maybe I'll go back and get ramen. There was other options. But we get there and we walk in and at first I can't tell if it's a counter or sit down. You know, there's a bunch of tables with numbers on them, but then there's also a counter, and so I'm like, do we go over here? Do we sit down? I'm not sure. It was very much like the press common for that guy when he got hired in San Francisco. That was our line coat. Yeah, it's like a Tom Sula press conference. So you're in the restaurant and you don't really know where to go. Yeah, but you know, it's like we figured it out. We sat down and then this little person popped out from behind the counter. It was like, oh, I'm sorry, I was on my phone. Can you call them little people? You can?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh my bad. So there's just a m bomb. Yeah, there was a midget that was behind the counter. That what this guy? You meant dwarf? How has he not been canceled? It's amazing, I'm charming. So uh So anyways, she you know, brings us our menus and everything, and we ordered the dumplings and it's great. And this is a strip mall place. Right. So I'm looking on the TV and there's two white guys that look real similar to one another on the TV and they're singing on a b each. They both have acoustic guitars and they have very pleasant voices and they're singing like a Whitney Houston song. I think it's singing in English. They're singing in English. Interesting, It's like I want to dance with somebody, and I'm looking at this and I'm going, man, what the hell is this? Is this like a Is it like a closed circuit television thing?
Speaker 5: Is it's like a for a venue that wants live music but can't afford to book the artist.
Speaker 2: You just roll out the TV version maybe well YouTube and it's but I don't know where it's coming from.
Speaker 5: And I felt bad because you sent the picture to us and it didn't make any sense to all of us. We're like, you said, we got to talk about this, and I'm like, is that in his house?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was like that TV is way too high on the wall. Then I'm like, I don't want to critique where he puts his TVs in his house. I'm like, I don't, Yeah, security camera right behind that TV.
Speaker 2: What are you doing at your house? Yeah? So it's it's just it's you know, some places they have they pipe in music, someplaces pipe in the game. Whatever. This two guys singing a Whitney Houston covered. Two white guys that look pretty similar, handsome guys. I'd hit it. So then they do their Whitney Houston cover on a beach, and then it rolls over to the same two guys, and now they're doing I don't know a Rihanna cover, same thing, acoustic guitars, very pay guys, the same exact guys, and now they're in the white sands somewhere. Okay, so they're green screening. No, I don't know, they're not green. They're going to different locations. Same two white guys. I've never seen them before. Very attractive men, Okay, and they're read that seven times. They're very very earnest in their delivery of whatever pop song this is that they're doing with acoustic guitars like Tim Urban. Yeah, yeah, it's like Tim Urban, hot guy, but there's two of them singing this song to Tim Urbans doing rionic cover on acoustic guitar, except they're doing it in expansive exotic locales. Okay, smart, Okay, now you get to travel for your job. For any of our listeners that are first, second or third generation Asian immigrants, if you're hearing this, I would love for you to call in because they're gonna very much understand this phenomenon. It's our number two four, seven eight. We have some friends from laos and man, do they love to do karaoke of Tony Braxton songs like it is their specifically Tony Braxton. One of them is like old Tony Braxton all the time. Really okay, And that's the kind of things these guys might be doing. Two white guys doing an acoustic cover of a Tony Braxton song or whatever, tribute to the MAVs. But they're doing them in the most gorgeous exotic locales. Okay, never seen these guys. Never heard of these guys. I don't know if they're popular. I don't even know what format I'm watching it on. It's on a television on a wall and a dumpling restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. Okay, that song ends. Third video, same two guys. I think they're at the base of a volcano. Oh yeah, same the boy. They're good looking. And now and now they're doing uh, I don't know, a post malone caver. I don't even know right, not a green screen for sure. No, they've traveled the world. How are they going from song to song? Is it just fade out? The song? It just fades and then another exotic locale. There's no indicators between songs. Who these people are used to?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's not like a video where they say the name of the song, name of the band, Nope. And it reminds me there used to be exercise videos like this. You'd stumble cross. I'll flip it through the channels.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, look these ladies are working out by a volcano.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Look now they've moved to a beach. Yeah, the worst happens, huh, they'll be in good shape for it, all right. So here's where it gets amazing. Fourth video shows up. They are in the streets of a village in the Philippines. They are in the middle of the street. They are singing, and the street is lined with thousands.
Speaker 5: Of people traffic, but they shut the street down.
Speaker 2: Homie. Oh, these two guys I've never seen, just pleasant white guys with acoustic guitars are now in the Philippines, in the streets of a city, and there are thousands of people gathered to hear them do a cover version of whatever current pop tune it is. Is it live like can you hear the ambiance of the crowd? Or is it it is a studio version?
Speaker 5: So their lip syncing, their studio version cover in front of all these people.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so at this point, I'm like, this has got to be some sort of phenomenon in some sort of you know, American Asian subculture where they know who these guys are and they're big enough to fly to the White Sands, exotic beaches, the streets of the Philippines. Dude, Seriously, if we stumbled into a restaurant in Addison right now and those two guys were there, I wouldn't think anything of them. But they are traveling the world, and you have it figured it out. What is this?
Speaker 3: This is a group of guys and they're called Music Travel Love. And I know this because I searched in to Google two guys with acoustic guitars who travel and do covers and exotic locations, and it was the first thing that came up.
Speaker 2: You have their picture? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does it match that picture? Show one guy hat backwards, one guy have forwards. Five point three million subscribers on the.
Speaker 5: I will make a deal with you if you can get one of them to call into our show before the end of our show today, I will venmo you two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Jill I don't have to give you anything. If I miss, I'll buy you some dumplings from this place once a month.
Speaker 5: If you miss, I need you to come up here and do frozen Tundra cold weather songs by yourself or up come to radio by yourself Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm actually in. The amazing thing about this is there's no there's no change from one video to the next. There's no explanation of what's going on. I mean, I'm watching this for like fifteen minutes. What gonna happen next? Where are they going to be?
Speaker 5: Who are these guys buy it? Are they offering you? They sell it to restaurants? Is it a YouTube channel you just pop on?
Speaker 3: They only have one hundred and two videos, so they must have just went to their YouTube channel and just had had their videos on and there they go. They're doing a lot of good stuff, though, man killing me softly. There's a Oh there's last Christmas. If you were still of it, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Eagle listeners would die for this. See if they in case, my buddy Thong is listening.
Speaker 3: Okay, videos pop most popular? It's oh that sucks? Uh, this will be a let's just an ad. Hold on fire are you talking to right now?
Speaker 2: To the name of the band again.
Speaker 3: Music travel love, There are there. Wow, this is a beautiful location for sure.
Speaker 5: Birds well two to fool Yeah, clearly not just a mic out. That's a studio version. They lip sync to their own studio versions, right, it's not.
Speaker 2: The natural reverb of beach that was with the two of y'all. Hook up with them right now, Kan if you were sitting on the front road of the beach criss cross apple stock, apple sauce staring at him. Not in this climate, dude, the shrinkage is real. Uh huh oh, never forget the time those two guys covered this. I'm gonna email him right now.
Speaker 4: Media request, Lord, start time. Boys right now.
Speaker 2: You're ready, You're ready, ready, ready, you're ready, round to.
Speaker 1: Do it one time when Evan win, I'll show you go rubinghead. If you except a similar sweet pursuing it, donold out shaw shank through the sewer, kid now with chilling at day eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, A got status. How it's starting to get Cratti shows that up multiplied like a rabbit. Tune in zone out.
Speaker 2: Break it up, fete the habit.
Speaker 1: I'm on our hang out.
Speaker 2: With my friend locking it on the radio. My home home Boyskin is Skin talking on the radio.
Speaker 5: It's time to to this swall, Oh baby, we go, Kati Ristine up all up on the radio.
Speaker 2: We are off and running and so happy to be happy.
Speaker 5: Tuesday, January the seventh, Everybody, we're keeping an eye on the cold, cold weather that's coming to Dallas Fort Worth. We'll have more on that momentarily. Uh, but I guess the big story here in the last twenty four hours outside of the weather, the big story locally is that Dallas Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy, who might be fired, he might not be invited back he has. The Bears have reached out to the Cowboys and asked for permission to talk to Mike McCarthy, who still has like a week left on his contract, so they have to get permission to talk to him. Jerry's sitting there trying to decide do I let the Bears talk to him?
Speaker 2: Do I even want him here? And all reports are.
Speaker 5: At least what last thirty minutes, thirty minutes ago. I saw that the Bears have not received word from the Cowboys that they could talk to him.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen anything different? I haven't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Cowboys have basically just been like, we didn't get your call, which is unheard of.
Speaker 5: It's unheard of not to immediately get back to them and say, yes, have at it, feel free to talk to him, because the all they have to do is wait a week.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a you know, Mike McCarthy and thirty assistant coaches in their family are just waiting in Limbo to see if they have to move to another town in a couple of weeks or not's that's that's a big part of what's going on. So there's a human decency element here that's going on. But I think Jerry is just in the mode of I.
Speaker 2: Think he's I think he's crying talking about working with his kids. He's too busy crying and talking about working with his kids to return away calls.
Speaker 5: So there was we talked about whether he was acting or not. When he was on Landman and he was at John Hamm's bedside as John Hamm had his fifth heart attack, his character and he was telling him why he you know he chose to to have all of his family be involved with Cowboys because he's looking at John Ham. None of John Ham's kids were at the hospital visiting him, and so he's like, hey, it's really all about family. You need to get your priorities in order make it all about family, because when you're dead, you know, all that matters is your family time. And so he starts crying while he's delivering this but that he says he bought the In that little monologue there whatever's happening there, which I'm assuming he's freestyle, he says he bought the Cowboys specifically so he could work with his family. Didn't you have a quote that said that's exactly not why he did it. He was asked about that on Sunday and said, I bought this to do this elf, I was forty six years old.
Speaker 2: I bought a job for me. Side quit asking me questions. But if my kids are here, you know, I think like both things can be true, though things evolve over time. Oh wait, look at what Christina did. Hold on, stop the show. Look at our closed circuit television. Those guys are singing with somebody else. It's the music travel love guys. Look at the look at the desert they're on. I have send them on emails. How do they get the licensing to be able to monetize somebody else's songs like that? They just go to the Harry Fox Agency and just because they're not using any of the master source material, they're just doing a cover. So what do they pay for that? I don't know that, Like the actual license is not that much, but you know, the writer and publisher get half of whatever they make. Oh wow, okay, all right, finish there.
Speaker 5: Now here's so what's interesting about the Cowboys head coaching situation? KT says he has a new name to introduce to us today, a candidate to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. And it said it shocked him last night when he heard the name, and he has refused to tell us yet, so we don't even know the name. Tune in at four to ten for KT to give you his new mystery name to be the head coach of the Cowboys. But coming up next, where are you gonna take us in the shuffle?
Speaker 2: KT?
Speaker 3: Well? Uh, Nikki Glazer went on Howard Stern today and then she delivered the jokes that were in her Stern File's jokes she couldn't read on national TV, and I'll play it for you next