Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, and welcome to episode twenty, Episode twenty, Episode twenty of A Strange Thing Podcast zero. And I'm Mike and I'm Austin, and we are your hosts for this auspicious astrange Thing podcast.
Speaker 2: That's us and you know, Austin, it's been one year, it has This is our first program of our second year. Who to Thunk?
Speaker 3: Who to Thunk?
Speaker 2: Who to Thunk? We would have made it a whole year and got nineteen episodes in right, This is episode twenty, which is a good start. Yeah, number two for year number two, followed by a zero, which is what you are just kidding. No, this is actually cool because we're starting a very cool topic this week.
Speaker 3: There we are, and it's.
Speaker 2: And everybody talks about this topic. Have you noticed that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Like one of the most popular topics out in the world right now.
Speaker 3: Go to nerd.
Speaker 2: Yep, you can find a thousand million different podcasts on this.
Speaker 3: One thousand and one million. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's a bunch.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of zeros.
Speaker 2: It is. It's like a Google get.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of me.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. There's a lot of podcasts about this topic. Oh yeah, but we came to it from a different direction. We got there the hard way. Yep, we came the rocky way traveled. It was a very rocky road, rocky road that got us here. We actually got here via school bus. No, through petroglyphs.
Speaker 3: Petroglyphs, Yeah, probably not the avenue most people take.
Speaker 2: No, we had strategicy because we knew on rocks there were these inscriptions, these petriclyphs that detailed strange creatures from thousands of years ago, and a lot of those mythologies that surround those petric lyphs are these strange creatures. Now we know them as a certain name. Back then, they were just known by a bunch of Native American names. Yeah, and we're going to get into all that as we can go along. But right now we're just kind of we're just kind of trying to dive.
Speaker 3: Into these we're doing like a recon mission.
Speaker 2: What we want to do for our listeners is present this topic in a way that maybe that's not normal, maybe it's not the way podcasts do it. Open up your mind, Quaid, open your mind, Wade, what Yeah, total recall, don't I don't know what was his name. The little guy that popped out of the guy's stomach closed, his name is like guano. No that yeah, no, no, no, gosh. I'm going to think of this later. I'm going to put that excerpt in right here.
Speaker 4: Open your mind, open your ma, open your mind, open your.
Speaker 2: Open your So that was an excerpt from the original Total Recall, which is a short story written by Philip K. Dick. If you didn't know that based on a short story by Philip Kidd, Philip he would get inspired by by dreams, right, So yeah, if you want to listen to that, go back, listen to our one of our dream episodes. I don't remember which one it was, but we talked about Philip K Dick Flip. But anyway, this is one of his short stories produced and made into a movie. And in that scene, you have this creature comes out of some dude's stomach.
Speaker 3: It doesn't come out. It's like it's like as if a pregnantly.
Speaker 2: Hides it under his shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as if a pregnant lady's baby like poked its arms out and its head, but it was still like in her skin.
Speaker 2: It was like grown into her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very like like I talked about cancer.
Speaker 2: It's not a tuma. But yeah, So anyway, this Quato character pops out of this guy's stomach and says, open your mind. Quiz.
Speaker 3: It sounds like open your mind and quai.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how we got here, but it was fun watching that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we got here either. I was thinking though that that little creepy monster thing kind of looks like my baby son.
Speaker 2: Your your son, my grandchild. He is very cute. He looks nothing like Quadakin.
Speaker 3: Last night I give him a bottle and guess what what he said?
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, he's very talkative.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Glatto Quaid.
Speaker 2: Que open your mind, your mind. Yeah, he does kind of look like a different yoga yoga yoga if he's he was, Yeah, maybe maybe he's like the secret When he's planking, Guatto just pops out and puts his hands down and helps.
Speaker 3: Him do the downward dog. And now we're going to open our mind the Quaid and as symbol of the downward dog, we walk my knees back, letting the spine fallen line and the heart release towards the earth.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we're going way well.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: We were talking about our new topic, which we have actually said the.
Speaker 3: Word right big but I know it's trying to keep it.
Speaker 2: In case you guys haven't guessed yet, this episode is about Bigfoot, but not just.
Speaker 3: Bigfoot, Sasqua Harry, giant things in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, there are literally across the world, hundreds onnreds of these things that we here in America call Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Bigfoot, ye sasquatch, abominable, snowman, solely.
Speaker 2: Scocape, Yeah, monsters, and keep going. I mean, you can just keep going. And you know, I bought some books so that we could do some little research on this book, and I printed out some stuff from the internet. I've read tons of stuff on the internet. I've listened to a lot of podcasts, and I want to do a call out right here.
Speaker 3: So shout out, because calling out would be like yo eminem, you can't rap, oh, like when a shout out would be like yo eminem, you can rap?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, oh no, no, this is totally a shout out. Okay, This is a shout out to a podcast that I discovered and they are totally dedicated to cryptids, right, cryptozoology. That's what they're about.
Speaker 3: That's kind of my favorite I think, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It's really cool stuff. And they're you know, they're not just doing bigfoot, but they started their podcast with the topic of bigfoot. And that podcast name is Blurry Creatures. So shout out to Blurry Creatures with your perfect name. It is a perfect name. It's perfect, I mean, because you cannot focus on these.
Speaker 3: Things very well, not in the pictures anyway.
Speaker 2: They are blurry. They're always blurry. So shout out to Blurry Creatures. Thank you so much for doing what you're doing. You know, I feel like you're a kindred spirit. So hopefully you guys have massive success. Hopefully maybe we'll have a little bit of success.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we can get are junk together.
Speaker 2: Well. You know what's really nice is we do this for fun, and we literally do it for fun, so we don't we're not pressured. We do it. We do on figuratively, and we don't have investors. We don't have people that have sponsored us that are demanding a certain kind of you know, viewership or listenership.
Speaker 3: Which would be a good time to pause for our first sponsor break.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, this is Austin Film A Strange Thing Podcast. We just wanted to take a moment to tell you about one of our favorite sponsors, which apparently is ourselves and Dots Pretzels.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, those pretzels are way good.
Speaker 2: They don't really sponsor this, but we wish they would. We love you, Dots Pretzels, Lots Pretzels. They're the pride in Order Dakota. They are are they from They're from Nord Dakota, Nordon Quota. They're so good. I mean sometimes I just get them out of the bag. I just lick them, lick the salt, and guard they.
Speaker 3: Put them back in so they collect more salt. You can lick them again later.
Speaker 2: And then my wife picks them up and she goes, these aren't very good. They're not very salty, And I'm like, that's because they suck.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, finish the sponsorship.
Speaker 5: Also generic brands of tequila and Irish whiskey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and beer and some beer that's usually dirt.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna say thank Camping for sponsoring us with your product, not with your money. Here you go, we support you by buying your goods and enjoying them and that sponsors us by making us be creative.
Speaker 1: Sponsors are mind brain mind sponsors.
Speaker 3: That's around right back to the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the show. Yeah, thank you sponsors. So, yeah, we have we have a unique perspective because we're not pressured by anything like that, and we don't really care how many listeners we have. We want people to listen to us, because otherwise this would all be in vain, right.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be fun just to have this recorded, and in twenty years my kids will be like, remember that time, Pop, Pop and Dad just went off the rails they were watch.
Speaker 2: Really and people now we know what that was all about.
Speaker 3: So we're just doing it for fun and enjoying ourselves.
Speaker 2: And taking you along for a ride if you choose to go.
Speaker 3: And sharing our weird point of views.
Speaker 2: I thought we were gonna say wisdom and I was no, no, no, weird. Well anyway, we have fun and we're glad that we can do this topic. My entire life, I've had a memory of believing or thinking about Bigfoot. Oh yeah, so what really made this whole bigfoot thing famous? In my mind? From my perspective, I don't know about generally in the world but for me personally was I saw that video by Patterson Grimlin. I think those are the guys.
Speaker 3: Gimblin Gimlin Grimlin would be a better name for that's a po zoology guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that girl in that movie Grimlin's Yum yum. Yeah, what was her name?
Speaker 3: Phoebe Kates Yum yum.
Speaker 2: Phoebe Yum yad. Yeah, Phoebe Kate's. You had a big impact on my growing up. I must say, my bread.
Speaker 4: You know how cute I always thought you were.
Speaker 2: But that's all we'll say about that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we'll call it a little impact.
Speaker 2: Phoebe Gimblin. No, Patterson Gibblins. Yeah, Phoebe makes me flustered. Phoebe makes me flustered. I'm very flustered about Phoebe anyway, Patterson Giblin. They came out with that video or a movie. It wasn't a video, It was a film.
Speaker 3: I think it was a short. It was a section of film.
Speaker 2: It was a section of films shot at like sixteen or eighteen frames per second of a creature walking famously. That's where all the artwork that you see is that famous pose pretty much, Yeah, of him walking with his arms swinging.
Speaker 3: Back his arms kind of like back. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that film clip, I don't even remember when I saw it, but I was young. I was probably it was probably in the seventies, mid set. I saw that, and I don't know if I saw it at school, I don't know if I saw it on TV, I don't know. I think it was one of those like assemblies you had. They would bring people around and they'd show like weird videos or movies. Sometimes they were scary like type thing, oh like yeah, but or the ski movies they had. These guys would come around, they'd chill these like ski movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy is famous skier dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he'd do movies and they'd do assembly at high schools, in junior highs, and it might have been something like that, right, But I saw that clip and that captured my imagination. And this was I think it came out in nineteen sixty eight. I think it was shot in nineteen sixty seven or nineteen sixty eight, so I was probably twelve thirteen years old and I saw that, mind.
Speaker 1: Blowing there's big monkeys in the woods.
Speaker 2: And that's when that's when I started thinking about it, and there wasn't a lot of like bigfoot paraphernalia.
Speaker 3: Or aren't It wasn't like it was a hop culture icon back then.
Speaker 2: No, that started it, I think probably, And then you started seeing things occasionally and then Bigfoot. There'd be like the big pictures of the big footprint in the ground or somebody had done a cast of them. And then you had that famous movie that came out called Harry and the Hendersons. What if we've just rendered an entire species extinct? One of the kind?
Speaker 3: This thing could really be worth something?
Speaker 2: And I believe you just said that, Oh come on, man, it's all on how you look at it. And I think that came out in the what nineties.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was born in the nineties. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: We'll have to google that. We should be more prepared, but we didn't want to. We didn't want to have too much information.
Speaker 3: This episode's kind of like a very overarching view of Gasquatch.
Speaker 2: We are totally feeling Sasquatch out right now. We're feeling him up because everybody has ideas and perspectives of their perceptions of Bigfoot, and we do too, and we want to share that because that's something you don't hear much about when you, you know, you listen to these podcasts, they go right into like the cryptozoology stuff, all the facts surrounding everything, which is really awesome. But for us being hacks and just kind of doing this for fun, a lot of what's important to us is the thoughts behind it. Why does this capture my mind? Why do I find this strange? Why do I think about it? Why do I want to buy every piece of sasquatch artwork or paraphernalia? Right? I see on the internet, you know, what is it? What's that draw? It's weird good marketing, it's terrible marketing, you know, I see stuff. So, okay, I've joined Facebook groups, you know, Sasquatch names and bigfoot names, and every one of those groups on Facebook has like I don't know, ten different people that loves to draw sasquatch pictures or painting. Right, some are really good social distancing champion.
Speaker 3: Or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's all this stuff there and people are showing their big foot tattoos, that they have tattoos on them.
Speaker 3: I would get a big foot tattoo, be sweet, it would.
Speaker 2: Be kind of cool. And then we did one. We did the with Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Wearing a string a mask, yeah, you know, and crying a.
Speaker 2: Big tear because the world is such sorrow right now. But anyway, it's it's just a weird thing to me to see that people snatch that stuff up. Yep.
Speaker 3: And it's not just Sasquatch or Bigfoot. You've got the Abominable Snowman, all your monsters, inc. Yeah, yeah, stuff from your eclectic nonsense over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, solely, solely, the main character is like a blue, big purple dotted sasquatch, Bigfoot with horns. And then they go to the Himalayas and meet the Snowman, the vomitable Snowman, and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, welcome to the Himalayas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome to the Himalaias. And he has the snow cones and he's like, no, it's lemon. Anyway, he's the giant monkey man. All over the world, it's like an endeared character. Yeah, whether it's you know, the Pacific Northwest where it's super popular. You know, you got bumper stickers, You've got you know, Sasquatch carrying a flag doing the peace sign. You've got sasquatch with a galaxy color around him, walking across your window on your car.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the one where there's a bigfoot running through the forest and the forest is on fire behind him, and he's got an armload of bunnies, And.
Speaker 3: I think I have seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I love that, you know. So, without any real knowledge of Bigfoot, people have turned him into this thing of what they want him to be in their mind, which is, well, we're close to Oregon, right, we're close to Washington, and there's a lot of people there that are very I don't even know what do you call him. You used to call him good riola or woodstock.
Speaker 3: You know, lumber sexuals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really into you know, nature and all of that. So they've kind of embraced Bigfoot or this ideology of Sasquatch as like this kind of the fairy of the.
Speaker 3: Spirited backpacking, mountain climbing adventure. I think he's like the spirit of adventure.
Speaker 2: Right, And he's a good guy, he's he's likable. And then I don't know how many of my friends, and a lot of them are ladies, they are infatuated with Bigfoot. The concept of big big Harry. I don't know if it's that. I don't know if it's because the presentation of him, like in Harry and the Henderson's, is that he's warm, he's nice, he's got a good personality. He wants to do what's right. Everything he's misunderstood, you know, all these things. He just wants to be loved. And I don't know if that kind of comes through or if it's the mystery, the unknown of it that's appealing. But they love him. They they buy shirts that have him on it. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: We talked about iconography and stuff, and it's like a see your shirt right now. It's his best pop ever Coca Cola shirt. It's like an icon of a generation. It's like a it doesn't mean anything really, but it's like a symbol that kind of represents nothing other than it's the area or the era that you grew up in. It's kind of a way to represent an era or an area in the Pacific Northwest, specifically Idaho and Oregon and Washington, and it's it's got all these thick woods and it's kind of a unique area with a lot of weird, strange things kind of happening around there. There's even podcasts about stories that happened in the Pacific Northwest. Here in bigfoot Sasquatch, he kind of like kind of embodies all that.
Speaker 2: He becomes a symbol.
Speaker 3: He's like a symbol of this area.
Speaker 2: And people like it because it's almost like it's a token of who we are in the region. Character. Yeah, it's like Oregon has totally embraced this. I don't know if you've seen some of their travel and marketing campaigns to.
Speaker 3: Get Basquatch holed in a doobie.
Speaker 2: No, but they're really well done. You know, travel to Oregon, visit orgon. It's that kind of stuff, and it's really really cute, and it's got bunnies and it's got deer and you live in perfect harmony and they're out in the wilderness with breathtaking views. And Oregon is you know, I mean, I gotta met. Oregon is a beautiful state. Yep, almost as beautiful as I know almost. So what is it about this idea of Bigfoot that's you know, really captured the hearts and minds of people, And like in probably in the seventies, late sixties when this video came out, and then it just explodes. So you have this like we're talking about this kind of euphoric kind of view of Bigfoot, where he's a good guy, mystical. But that is the top side of the coin. If you flip the coin over, you get his butt and you start looking at the Native American histories of giant hairy creatures, they weren't necessarily called Sasquatch or Bigfoot, although I guess the name Sasquatch is derived from a Native American tribe.
Speaker 3: I always when I don't know if this is true because I haven't researched it, but Sasquatch and Sasquatch Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, for some reason, seems like two would be related.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's correct, but it sounds really good, doesn't it sound legit? I think it's out there, But that could be fake news. You gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: If it's not fake news, it's made up, yes, is what it is. I didn't hear it anywhere. I just said it.
Speaker 2: But so I bought a couple books, and I've done a little bit of research, but I haven't done too deep because I don't want to. I don't want to like distort my brain yet on what Bigfoot is. I kind of want to let that develop as we do our investigations through it. But the Native American view on giant hairy creatures is not a good one. Most of the time. They are cannibals, they kill members of other Indian tribes. They're not good things. They're giants that do bad things, and usually they eat people. Now that is also the same kind of legend that's in other areas too, like well where the yetties are. Yeties aren't always good creatures. I mean, you have everything happening from being eaten by a yetti to being raped by a YETI to be you know, drug into a cave and beaten, and then you know, then somehow miraculously somebody escapes so that they can tell about these creatures doing this. You know, there's like all this weird stuff around Bigfoot, and it's not all good.
Speaker 3: Giant forest creatures. Yeah, bipedal forest creatures that eat other humans or beat Yeah. And I don't know if you were with us, you know, if you've listened to our last couple episodes. But we kind of touch on some other aspects of this, so.
Speaker 2: We even though we've been skirting around the idea of Bigfoot and trying to knowing that we were driving our way towards this conversation, you couldn't help but notice that there are a lot of like supernatural elements that come into play.
Speaker 3: Bigfoot constantly ask supernatural things.
Speaker 6: People are like, oh, well, he's got a an interrupter for when people are taking video, or he can disappear on command, or he lives in another dimension and only comes here for feeding, or you know silly things like that.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, okay, so think about it. You know, there have been literally hundreds of thousands of reportings of Bigfoot throughout the world, or sasquatch or that same creature whatever you want to call it. Photographs, there's been lots of photographs taking them. They're all blurry, they're all blurry. Shout out again to creatures. Ye, but there also has never been any real solid evidence found. We haven't found a Bigfoot body. Nope. I mean, you see those things.
Speaker 3: If I get the opportunity, I'm not make one.
Speaker 2: But you know, do you see the stuff from like Area fifty one where they found the alien bodies and supposedly it's true, there's some of that stuff out there about Sasquatch said, oh, yeah, we got them, but then the government's swooped in and they hauled them away in a giant helicopter. We talked about that with the our last episode in the The Giant of Kandahar Dar and the giant that was killed there and the giant helicopter came in, loaded him up in a cargo net and took him off never to be seen again.
Speaker 3: Was a giant driving the giant helicopter?
Speaker 2: No, he was dead.
Speaker 3: They shot the No like a different giant.
Speaker 2: No, it was just a military guy. And the in fact that one of the pilots of the helicopters supposedly has given his story out in the media.
Speaker 3: Is his story called picking up Harry Dudes in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: No, I don't even know what he calls it. I just know that I've seen it. If you go out on the internet and serge Giants of Kandahar or the Giant of Candahar, you're going to find a kind of an illustrated, almost a graphic novel kind of look of the story, and it will kind of go through the whole thing school. It's kind of fun. Maybe if I can, I'll find the Lincoln.
Speaker 3: Posted on the video or like a click through.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a it's a video, but it's got so it's got narrative, but the actual animation is very like frame by frame, like a graphic novel.
Speaker 3: Patterson gilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that's sixteen things for a second man, or maybe eighteen. Some people dispute that it was shot in eighteen, but anyway, that's a whole different thing. We're not getting into that yet. We're staying high level, buddy, We're ten thousand feet view. We're probing our hearts and thoughts of what Bigfoot means to us right now. That's what this is about. Right now, what does Bigfoot mean to Rea? We're going to get into the other stuff, but this episode is about, you know, what's the perception a Bigfoot and asking the question why are people so interested in it? And why do people buy so much merch? We should create some merch so that we could sell it. I don't know big shoes? Hey, which Right now, I'm just going to say, because we've got time, if you send us your story about your encounter with Bigfoot, we would love to hear it. If you have a story, we would love to hear that, and we will send you swag. And I guarantee you that swag will be bigfoot themed.
Speaker 3: My dad's an artist to custom drawl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did that one. We were going to hand them out at Squatch con WATCHCN twenty and they canceled it because of COVID. But anyway, so yeah, we'll send out some swag and you can get famous, or.
Speaker 3: It could be a semi legist story. Don't just send me one time I was hiking and I saw a sasquatch. Got you gotta give me some meat, give me some.
Speaker 2: It needs to be true. And also I'm going to talk to well, I have a Facebook friend who walks in some hills and finds or has found a lot of evidence of what she believes is a Bigfoot or a sasquatch living down in southern Idaho.
Speaker 3: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to get some of that information. Throw that out there. Really nice, lady. I don't know how do you unpack this? What do you do with this concept of bigfoot?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: So first off, let's I think we should give our own opinion a bigfoot. Yeah, like, what's your service level opinion bigfoot? Got Sasquatch, Bigfoot. Let's let's stick with Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest where we're.
Speaker 2: At locally, and before we started doing all this weird research, what was our thoughts about Bigfoot? Okay, so as a kid, I wanted him to be true because I thought it was cool. But I was terrified of him. You know. I remember going up to Oregon and visiting an unclip there and walking through the forest and I was afraid that Bigfoot was going to jump out, jump out. H Yeah. So in my mind as a kid, you know, I believe that there was this creature and that for whatever reason, he was very mysterious. He wasn't like a bear, he wasn't like a mountain lion. He was rare, a rare bear. He was a rare creature that who knows why he existed. And then as I aged and got older, you heard other stories and he kind of, you know, blended in with a whole mythology of a Bigfoot and Indian legend and UFOs and all of this weird stuff that was just this kind of mystical side science fringe kind of deal. And so in high school, you know, I'd go out and I'd have thoughts when I would go out, you know, right in my motorcycle in the woods or fishing in a remote place. You know, I'd have a thought, what a bigfoot walk through there? Should So even though he wasn't proven to exist, he existed in my imagination and in my possibility of what was existing. And so it was a weird deal. And then as I got older, you know, and I saw the all the people drawing pictures of him, I was interested in him. From that standpoint, it was like a cool concept, kind of like a culture point of view, Yeah, like Greek mythology and Zeus and you know those creatures that were always you know, brought into existence through the creativity of a screenwriter or something. Right, And then you had when it came out with Harry and the Hendersons.
Speaker 3: You know, that was an anthropom.
Speaker 2: Thing and it kind of gave him a different side. Be Prior to that, he was a scary creature, possibly dangerous. But when Harry and the Henderson's came out, all of a sudden, Foot was a good guy. He had a lot of integrity, like inquisitive, yeah, and he loved people, he loved life and all these good things. So he got all these good characteristics, and I guess I hope that that would be true if there was a big foot.
Speaker 3: You have a big foot pet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you know, and then you kind of just see all this stuff coming out over the years, more and more people put you know, bumper stickers or the little decals on the back of their car windows or whatever, or you see people wearing T shirts or baseball cap and and then somewhere in there, probably in I don't know, I don't even know when this happened, tears, then he started getting blended with like aliens.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I figured you were going there.
Speaker 2: And you see you saw a lot of like drawings of like a.
Speaker 3: Big foot abducted in a spaceship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a ray of light. He said, this silhouette of it. And you're like, well, that's kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Or he lives in the hollow earth and he's bi dimensional or something dimensional.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then so then you go into when we started our podcast, and then we started talking about strange things surrounding, like cattle mutilations, and then all of a sudden there was a tie in there with like people seeing like cow is giving birth to like bigfoot, like creatures, and then your mind starts.
Speaker 3: Blowing, like what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Then you get into the governmental conspiracy part, and maybe the government is involved with the toleration or existence of these giant creatures. And then you get into not only that, then you start combining in like thoughts about the fallen angels and the Nephel Limb and the disembodied spirits and all of that, and then it just goes totally crazy weird. And then it's like, now it's like, in my mind, I had no idea what to think about that.
Speaker 3: It's just apparition.
Speaker 2: Oh and then there's that too.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's just like I mean to guide you there, but I was saying, he's just a thing, like a vapor in your mind.
Speaker 2: He's like like maybe a holographic kind of or maybe he's a presentation of something that's actually in a different dimension that can cross over occasionally. Why do you not find their bodies.
Speaker 3: Like the upside down? Do they not die things?
Speaker 2: Do they live forever? No, obviously they died, So do they eat their dead?
Speaker 3: They bury them?
Speaker 2: Do they bury them special underground place? And then you have all these reports of people digging up giant bones that the Smithsonian swoops in and steals and takes back to their giant underground warehouse bunker where they hide all the true information of what was happening before. You know, the dark ages interesting, it's weird. It is weird. So I mean, you can go way way down this rabbit hole. But in my mind, it was just it was just kind of a fun thing to think about, with the possibility, the titillation that maybe this is actually real. So okay, how about you.
Speaker 3: So I I have a picture here. I took this picture not because of sasquatch, but because of just memories I had at this place. And I'll show you the picture right here. You can see that that.
Speaker 2: Sign cape Horn Lake's Bradley Scout Camp.
Speaker 3: Do you remember Bradley Scout. I used to go there regularly by every summer camp. Bradley was like my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Did you see a sasquatch?
Speaker 3: They used to do this thing called the Sasquatch hike, And I don't know what if they had megaphones or elk bugle tubes. Now, looking back as a hunter, I'm like, that might have been elk bugle tubes. But they used to make these shrill high pitched squeals, and they would have all of the boy scouts put their knives or whatever in a bucket. And then we at night and it's dark and we go up on this long hike and.
Speaker 2: Why did you put your knives in a bucket? I guess so you.
Speaker 3: Didn't have one point somebody freaked out and stabbed.
Speaker 2: Somebody or.
Speaker 3: Safety first, boy scout motto. But I remember going on this hike. That's kind of like the first time Sasquatch was a thing. I knew him as like a character, but I was a weird kid. I was watching Jurassic Park it like two, right, so monsters didn't bother me. But this this hikers were the first time where I was like, oh, this could be a real thing. And we go on this hike and we'd get to the top of this hill and then there'd be like this loud noise and everybody'd run back down. It would be mayhem for a little bit, and it was the point was to scare you. It was like a fun haunted house, but.
Speaker 2: The venture and you know, yeah, scariness and boy.
Speaker 3: Scout teen spirit kind of thing, you know. Yeah, And it's weird because I don't think I've ever held a man's hand.
Speaker 5: Except it was so dark too, I hold.
Speaker 3: Me like that was pretty funny, But that was last year. It was twenty two years.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: But no, that's kind of like my first sasquatching. So he from the time he wasn't a cartoon character. He was like a scarier thing.
Speaker 2: What's the first memory you have of a potential Bigfoot understanding? Why not necessarily that it's real, but that that you remember that somebody was talking or showing a picture of a Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: I think the first time I can guarantee Bigfoot was a part of my conversation was at that camp at.
Speaker 2: Camp Bradley, But I know, and that would have been what twelve probably thirteen, nine ten somewhere.
Speaker 3: But I know for a fact that before that, I knew I had an idea of what Bigfoot was, maybe from TV shows or you or whatever, but I knew there was like this big monkey character that would appear in cartoons or whatever. So I knew kind of a generic idea of what he was. But the first time I can guarantee I knew and I saw, and I you know, had this Sasquatch memory is is at that camp at that time, and then after that it became more like a a representation of my personality, like wanting to go look at things and being creative and and liking the outdoors and you know, like this podcast. Yeah, I want bumper stickers of it. I want it to be like a thing.
Speaker 2: Do you ever want to did you want to see him?
Speaker 3: If I saw him?
Speaker 2: I mean, have you wanted to actually find him? Or is it more like you almost don't want to because it's more the thought of him is funner than maybe what actually the reality of him may or may not be the thing for.
Speaker 3: Me is I'd like to see him. And I know I might get some flak for this, but I like to put a ten millimeter bullet is it?
Speaker 2: But what if it's like what if it's like.
Speaker 3: I don't care, I don't care what it is, but I would be famous and I would make a lot of money because I killed a big animal that nobody else was killed before.
Speaker 2: But it's like killing a giant elephant. How do you know? Well, because what if it attacked me? Well, elephant, Well, okay, that's that's that's okay, No, that's self preservation, that's self defense. Yeah, but that's also you make a lot of money. But like, okay, you're you're walking through the woods. You look over and there's giant Harry and he's out there with his wife and they're having dinner with their little child or two maybe they have two, and they're out there and they're having a picnic out in the you know, out in the clearing, and you have your your rifle. Do you shoot?
Speaker 3: I would draw my rifle. I'd be like, why do you add an extra syllable to picnic? And then that, and then I would say, you're gonna let me take a picture of you.
Speaker 2: What if a gun? What if he's multi dimensional and transdimensional and a gun has no effect on.
Speaker 3: Him, then at least I'll have a good story. What if you're dead, then at least I'll be dead. I don't have to deal with it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't personally. Okay, here's a good time. I don't think he's that real. I don't think he's a You don't think he exists. I don't think he exists. But if he did, I would love it. I wouldn't really kill him unless he attacked me, I'd kill him.
Speaker 2: Well, here's a week I would.
Speaker 3: I would be super excited and I would want to take pictures and it would be like a life changing moment.
Speaker 2: Right, here's the thing about me and the whole existence question, because that's that's huge. I know, you know, we do a strange thing podcast. We want him to exist because it's a strange thing.
Speaker 3: It would be great.
Speaker 2: But looking at it from a kind of more of a scientific view, I guess, so you have all this time. When I say all this time, but you have stories going back thousands of years in Native American history. I'm just talking about the region that we know. And then you have people having encounters all across the United States, well all over North America, right, and they're talking about this as it's a real thing. They are believers because they have seen it, heard it, and there are all these examples and classifications, there's all these people studying it, and there are all these reports. So let's just say, and I don't know, I'm guessing there are hundreds of thousands of those reports over the last thirty years. If ninety five percent of them are totally made up and fabricated, that would still leave five percent or five thousand incidents that have some kind of validity.
Speaker 3: It would only take one. It would only take one, It would only take one proof. Yeah, but it's all anecdotal. It is anecdotal. Means nothing to me unless it's my anecdotal evidence.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like UFOs. You have people seeing this stuff. There's no evidence, but you have the stories over and over and over and over and over again. So maybe way back, okay, let's play this out. Way back. A Native American Indian family father is trying to teach his kids to not be out late because there's predators. There's bears, there's cougars, there's wolves, there's coyotes, whatever, and so how does he keep them in. They don't run into a cougar very much. They don't run into a coyote very much. They're not scared. They got a knife and a little pretend bow and arrow. What if he dresses up as like a giant.
Speaker 3: Harry cage himself and leaves and stuff.
Speaker 2: And combines that with the legends and mysticisms of the tribe about these these creatures that love to eat little Indian children.
Speaker 3: Make scary noises and chase your kids and.
Speaker 2: Trees and howl and scared, and then all of a sudden, you don't have to worry about your kids going out and getting eaten by a lot of folklore.
Speaker 3: Is made that way. We talked about that with the uh water babies.
Speaker 2: Right exactly on the Yeah, yes, stay away from water.
Speaker 3: Water is dangerous, especially at night. Water is dangerous, especially if there's a current and you kind of like build up this stay away from the water, or a little baby might jump in and grab you and pull you under and you know, take you away.
Speaker 2: So you have that maybe it's maybe some of it's that, you know, but it's fun to think about.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's super fun.
Speaker 2: But then you know, we got into the weeds with the whole fallen angel things and the nephelims and the possible disembodied spirits and the need for a body or a home for a spirit to live in, right, so that it wasn't like floating around. And we talked about how you know when Jesus would cast out a demon that he told the story that those demons it was painful for them to not have a body, and they long to get back into a body. Right. The piggies, right, so, yeah, they run into the herd of pigs and they run down and drown themselves. But which is weird. But anyway, what if it's something like that. What if it is a some kind of technology that allows disembodied spirits to have a.
Speaker 3: Home like like space jam jam like space.
Speaker 2: Okay? Or so the other one is what if these are the offspring of the Nephilim. We talked about this one of our previous episodes, where you have these comes down and these fallen beings you can call them fallen angels or fallen elowhem, fallen gods, whatever you want to use as the word for elowheem. And they come down, they see that human women are beautiful, and they procreate with them, and they have these offspring and in the Bible and in the Book of Ni, they're called the Nephlim or the Rafaem, And these were hugely large, strange beasts that had a giant appetite for violence. Cannibal legends are all mixed in with them. So in the Bible you have the story of Og, you have the story of the Goliath, and so you have all these weird stories about these giant creatures that were the offspring of these you know, these fallen gods or fallen angels. Is that what these are?
Speaker 3: And they're kind of like disformed. Maybe they're extra hairy, or they're extra big, or they're extra strong.
Speaker 2: I think they can be extra smart.
Speaker 3: Bridge trolls too, yeah, Bridge trolls and they come out and they're like your belly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The stories of trolls, the Germanic legends of trolls and those kinds of creatures that would eat babies at or eat young children. Yeah, I mean they permeate history.
Speaker 3: And they're all over the world too. I don't know about like African culture so much.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they have the same kind of legends some called something different, but even like a Native American stuff like skin walkers and stuff, where there are these creatures that can take on the forms of different So you have shape shifters. Yeah, is it a shape shifter? Is that a trans dimensional being that can kind of phase in and phase out of our dimension? Right, It doesn't make him any less real if that exists. It's just something we can't understand and perceive exactly, right. So there's that angle. I mean, there are like dozens of ways that you could try to interpret this stuff.
Speaker 3: So you could go biological, for bigfoot. Yeah, he's a sneaky, sneaky animal that's above the intelligence of a typical forest animal.
Speaker 2: Or maybe of an ape. Maybe he's advanced beyond him.
Speaker 3: He's the missing type thing. Yeah, it could be you could be a biological aspect. You could be a spiritual aspect, which would be like he's you know, like we've been talking the son of a man and an angel, and it creates this being that's either transdimensional or you know, you got this weird purple woo woo type purple. You think you've got this weird kind of woo woo type mystical, magical realmy.
Speaker 2: He said, to dig yourself out of that one.
Speaker 3: I'm digging myself out of a woo woo. Jeez. Say who ha.
Speaker 2: Know who has We're not talking about who else.
Speaker 3: And then there's a aspect of it being like a mechanical type thing or like a a clone, or or like a technological advancement that is used by.
Speaker 2: A cyborg or yeah, what do they call that, where a synthetic.
Speaker 3: Synthetic grays are considered the gray aliens are considered to be like robot.
Speaker 2: And there's another connection possibility of like some of the aliens that are these are synthetic bodies for these disembodied.
Speaker 3: Spirits, like in Independence State where my face stars as Randy Quaid and he's like and it's like, there's this big octopus type monster, but inside is a small alien that pilots of this biological so biomagnological, biomechanically so biomechanical.
Speaker 2: And then you have synthetic, and then you have well and then also you have the idea that the genetic manipulation of hybrids or chimeras, okay, and that would require extreme tech, which you know, a lot of people, you know, they speculate that the Antilivion world or pre Noah's flood, that there was extreme technology brought down by these nephelim angels or these fallen elohem.
Speaker 3: I would lump that into my technological.
Speaker 2: Except for the difference on this is that they weren't the spawn of the coedis of humans and elohem. They were the result of scientific manipulation of DNA.
Speaker 3: We'll call that the Jurassic Park theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jurassic Park theory. So there is that because I bring that up because in our Cattle Mulations episode, we talked about the possibility of the government being involved in a cover up that we're using bovine DNA, which is very similar for testing to human DNA, to create basically clones or bodies for these spirits, maybe in trade for secret information on tech for space travel, or for creating a flying saucer that can defy gravity. Maybe these things have information on technology, but they need humans, they need reality, They need people in this dimension to help create the bodies that they can inhabit.
Speaker 3: That's like a combination of the last few that is, but yeah, I get you really cool, it's bigot DNA.
Speaker 2: It is like the best combination of sci fi fantasy history methods, like.
Speaker 3: The Blade Runner meets Jurassic Park meets a Poltergeist or the Exorcist exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, let's just say that Flip k Dick. Flip would totally get off on this kind of conversation. And I know, you know we're being extreme, We're going way far on this, But that's the fun of this. That's why we call this podcast a strange thing, is because I mean, these things are strange, and I love the freedom to talk about strange things. I don't necessarily believe that. I mean, if you see me on the street. Don't come up and punch me in the face because you think I'm some whack beard.
Speaker 3: Whack beard, Yeah, you're weird just for saying that I got a beard that was whacked beard.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I have the freedom, and not only the freedom, but I almost think the way my brain works, I'm supposed to think about this stuff. Yeah, I can't help it. It's fun, it's fun, but it's just what happens. It just doesn't well, you know, Austin, this is going to be a really fun series. We're going to go over a lot of different angles and thoughts about Sasquatch, and it's really going to be fun. I don't know. I'm hoping that people will share their stories with us, because one thing I want to do is do like a whole episode that just features people's stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just real stories that people have sent us that.
Speaker 2: Aren't Bigfoot stole my candy bore and I.
Speaker 3: Heard one to day. I'll tell it right now. Okay, this guy, he's walking with his friend. It's dark, and they were shooting rabbits or something. They're coming back to the house there in the woods. I don't remember the exact location, and He says he heard a noise behind him, and he saw something on all fours that was darker than the darkness around it. And then as they were running getting closer to the house, they looked back and it was standing up right like a human, and it had glowing eyes, and then they ran into the house. It's like, have you ever seen a black bear? Like, yes, blackberries will get jet black, they'll stand up, they'll look at you. And any predator, almost any animal predator specifically, you shine a light in their eyes, they're gonna shine, they're gonna glimmer. Yeah, especially when you get closer to your house where the lights are as a bear, but.
Speaker 2: If you saw something, heard something, smelled something. There's a whole category list of big foot phenomena, Like they'll rank it as like, well, this is a class A, class B or eventually, yeah, we'll get into that. We're going to do all that. But I would love for people to just chime in if they don't have a bigfoot story, as far as like their experience with it. I would love to hear their experience with the idea of bigfoot. Yeah, you know what what triggered you? If you're a bigfoot lover, why do you love bigfoot?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I'd love to hear the story of your memories, what your thought processes are, because you don't hear that stuff you hear about, Well, this is the science of bigfoot, or this is what the story is a bigfoot? But what about the people? What do you think of? What have you experienced that makes bigfoot something that you want to know about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why do you love it? I'd love to hear those stories.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to discourage somebody from sending something in.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe what we should say is, if you have something you think is bigfoot, word the to share, send it right, Let's just say that there you go. Yeah, so send in your story, sending your pictures, go to my story at a Strange thing dot com. Tell us about why bigfoot is something that you.
Speaker 3: Are interested in. Yeah, and definitely send us a story where you've encountered such a beast.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna have fun. But I think we're gonna take a little different angle because we're hacks and we're gonna come at it from the side. We're gonna say, oh, what do you think about when you think about bigfoot? And share that with this We love that.
Speaker 3: I think next week is going to be a fun episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's good.
Speaker 3: We're going to record. We're going up hunting.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go up punting again.
Speaker 3: I've been looking at a stag up.
Speaker 2: In the mountains yep. And we have also gone on our investigation launch. We went up to the same area actually, and we did wilderness. We didn't find Bigfoot or anything. But we're gonna go back and we're going to try to get a buck, and we're gonna look for Bigfoot while we're there again, and we might record our next episode, which is I'd like to hear stories about people's experiences with Bigfoot. Oh yeah, before we launch into the science or the crypto zoology. I want to hear just what's happened? Why has this become such a huge phenomena.
Speaker 3: And that's that's kind of the plan. We're gonna sit around the campfire, YEP. I'm gonna bring my kindle. I'm gonna download some stories that I've heard and I'll write them so they're not too old timey or too broke.
Speaker 2: You're gonna read and write. My heart is just in shock.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to write good. But I'm gonna, you know, make it a nice presentation. Probably not. Don't get your hopes up people.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's really cool you do that. Then I'll play the mister satire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll be me.
Speaker 2: I'll be you, and I'll be you. Yeah. I like this.
Speaker 3: Let's switch and you can say hey guys. Yeah, and then I'll say hey guys. And then I'll and then you'll say this is episode and I'll be like twenty one, and then I'll whisper really, and then I'll say we're just hacks, We're just we're just guys.
Speaker 2: And then and then you'll say something like but I digress.
Speaker 3: And then you can say, no digress, Tizon.
Speaker 2: The real truth is, will you say nefariousness? Drink We're gonna get into nefarious Yeah, you can play our drinking game your beverage toys. It does not have to be alcoholic. Disclaimer. If you do drink, drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Maybe make it like Mountain Dew. Hello, everybody, welcome to m d A.
Speaker 2: That's Mountain Dew Anonymous abuse problems with Mountain Dew. Oh, we have a new member today.
Speaker 3: His name is Kjo to the mountain.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: What am I gotta do the mountain? Do I want to take this on? People? Pay? So you're like, really, dude, do that squirrel?
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, play the game with us. If we say nefarious, if we say but anyway, But anyway, is there anything else? If you hear a dog bark, if we say Peter pick a pecker.
Speaker 3: Yet if we mess up, Petrick Glyphs is one of them.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can look for Petrick Glish.
Speaker 3: We were up there, there is Okay. So here's the thing. And my hunting partner went up with last week. He will attest to this. People are into this rock art bs.
Speaker 2: What were they like?
Speaker 3: Stack rock?
Speaker 2: Oh the rock stacking?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, dude, like fun that makes me angry.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like Rocky Bondzi.
Speaker 3: We were walking around just kicking over stat of rocks.
Speaker 2: Oh, people would stack him and you kick.
Speaker 3: We were out on these trails and we're like, man, we're two and a half miles off a trail.
Speaker 2: And then you so what's the deal with that? You're out there to get back to nature and then what do you stumble upon?
Speaker 3: And n ding Dong who put down his freaking gogurt unnatural to go stack rocks and and to me, it's like you have nothing better to do.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they are you know, they are not. I've seen some cool ones. You.
Speaker 3: Okay, you swim out in the middle of the ocean and stack rocks and make like a cool balancing rock in the ocean, I'll give you some credit. But if you stack rocks on a path that's perfectly flat, I'm gonna kick it over and I'm gonna yell at you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say that's stupid. Your rocks suck, Yeah, unlike a strange rocks did not suck. If you if you our episodes of strange rocks that suck, we stacked concept not little rocks. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: If you use a rock as a way to communicate to somebody and not say jo, but say something like meaningful or draw map or give your friend. If you scratch in your rock camp and then point an arrow up towards where your camp is, I'd be like, dang, that's pretty cool rock card.
Speaker 2: What if they stacked rock in the silhouette of the classic Bigfoot Stride and when at eight.
Speaker 3: Forty five every day the shadow is a Bigfoot see see that would be legit. Now I don't know that I'd kick that over.
Speaker 2: Nope, I believe it there or take pictures.
Speaker 3: On a tub up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're saying, look at my balance, look at my symmetry.
Speaker 3: Look at your symmetry, about to symmetry your face.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you know this is a good way to like segue to the end of this of this first podcast. We hope you've enjoyed us talking about this stuff, and I hope it triggers something in you where you'll ask the question why am I enthralled with Bigfoot? And if you're not, then ask the question why am I not enthralled with Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: You should be if you aren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we want to hear from you. I mean, we say this, we're getting more and more listeners all the time. We're over five thousand downloads. Now, that's a lot of downloads, it is, and so people are listening to us. I don't know. Part of me wants to apologize if we've wasted their time, but part of me is saying, you know, if if you are listening and you have any stories, we love interaction. We would love to hear what your thoughts are on Bigfoot, your experiences with Bigfoot, how you first come to know about Bigfoot? All that stuff? Please send them to us at my story at a Strange thing dot com. Yep, yep, And then why are there? You might as well just go ahead and like us, share us on your favorite podcasting.
Speaker 3: App and buy some merch and yeah we've.
Speaker 2: Got we've got beer glasses and T shirts and you can do that. And you know what, if you send us your stories, send us your information, you know, we'll send you some swag. I've got a ton of stickers. I've got stickers on it every episode we've done show. I've got stickers that just have our logo. I've got big footstick I got.
Speaker 3: One on a motorcycle helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do a strange thing, Yeah I do too.
Speaker 3: So I was we should get some like retro reflective ones or some like go on the dark ones for our helmets.
Speaker 2: That would be cool, be sweet? Yeah yeah, yeah, which we want to get to you and to get one, all you have to do is send us your thoughts on Bigfoot, your story on Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: If you do that, how about this?
Speaker 2: How about this? I will send you squag.
Speaker 3: How about uh you send us a picture of your motorcycle somewhere adventurists doing something strange, and we might send you a sticker.
Speaker 2: If you don't have a motorcycle, send us a picture of your bick. I mean, I mean, if you don't have a bike, send us a picture of your car.
Speaker 3: If it's gonna be one we're putting on motorcycles, yeah, then it should be for a motorcycles.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, this one's for motorcycle people.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking of somebody in particular who just rides around for fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know that guy. He's got like three of Marian his motorcycle.
Speaker 3: He's legit, legit, He's the kind of guy I got in mind.
Speaker 2: I liked those kind of yeah. Shout out to Toddler to a quacking me up, Ye dude, all right, but yeah, we would love to send more stickers out for other motorcycle adventure riders or even non adventure riders that just have motorcycles. We love.
Speaker 3: There's a brotherhood there is. That's why we got a weird little finger point the wave.
Speaker 2: And that's why we're calling this series Big Bros.
Speaker 3: That's not why, but there's a brotherhood of giant monkeys.
Speaker 2: There's a giant Well there might be monkeys, monkey hood. There's a brotherhood of giant things, hairy things. All right, Okay, well let's close this out. Austin like us, like.
Speaker 3: Us, favorite hearts, thumbs up, subscribes.
Speaker 2: Joining us with these next they're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Awesome and tell your friends and tell your friends to ignore a rambling. No ignore it doesn't. Dogs, that's another one for the drinking game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you got two drinks. Dog barks, Penny bark, Penelope copper Bottom gave you a drink?
Speaker 3: Who named your dog? Did that's a good name for a dog?
Speaker 2: On the good name dog thing? And on that bombshell for us to go. Yes, you close this out, So.
Speaker 3: Join us next time in the woods for some cold drinks and some strange stories.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, Taters, Tater,