Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the Games, Mike the Bulldog beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 2: Hey, reminder, we have Welcome to Rockville tickets all this week. When voting opens at seven twenty for you say we played, make sure you place your votes. You'll be eligible to win tickets for that show. We'll remind you again as we get closer, we get the bulldog on the horn?
Speaker 3: Bulldog?
Speaker 2: Is this stat I saw accurate? What is it? Seven years now without a chance for a triple crown with the announcement from the folks controlling sovereignty yesterday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what's going on. I mean we've got load management now in horse racing please all right? Yeah, sovereignty skipping the Preakness, you know, gonna run the Belmont after that. I don't get it. I don't get it. I mean, come somewhere. Secretaryat's spinning in his grave right now, a big red not happy about this. I mean, there's there's three races in a horse's life that we care about?
Speaker 3: Is that not?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Do we pay it? Does?
Speaker 4: Does? Does America pay attention to anything but the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes. Why would you try to win the Triple Crown.
Speaker 3: We're not horse guys. We're not horse guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, there's there's talk that a lot of the horse owners because you know, again there's load management and horse racing now that.
Speaker 3: They want to.
Speaker 4: Put the Belmont second four weeks after the Derby and then the Preakness after that. So they want to rearrange the races and have more time between the races. I guess for you know, horse health.
Speaker 2: Hey, at the end of the conversation, though, isn't there real the real money is in breeding these these you know, thoroughbreds, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but think of the money you make if you win the Triple Crown as a breeder.
Speaker 2: That's so that's a one off though. I mean with the breeding process. You know, you're feeling filling test tubes, you know, on a you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying is if if you're a Triple Crown winner, think of the amount of money that some Phillies owner is gonna pay to have you sire the off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get what he's saying. How much more is worth?
Speaker 1: Like, hey, this is a triple Crown winner compared to this person who got lucky with the midget on the horse that won won.
Speaker 2: Thank you for breaking that down in easy and simplified term.
Speaker 4: Stock though, Yes, speaking of load management in the NBA, no load management for Tyrese Haliburton or the Indiana Paces. This guy is coming up big during the playoffs. The Pacers beat the Cavaliers again last night in Cleveland one twenty to one nineteen. Haliburton hits the three pointer with one point one second it's remaining. The Pacers now take a two to zero lead in that series. Donovan Mitchell scored forty eight for Cleveland. It wasn't enough. Cleveland missing a bunch of key players. Defensive Player of the Year Evan Mobley didn't play last night. Darius Garland missed his four straight postseason. He's their big man. So yeah, I don't think Cleveland's gonna come back from this.
Speaker 2: I was watching the highlight of that final shot there. You wan't to talk about the air coming out of the building suddenly.
Speaker 3: Good lord. Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: If Tyrese Haliburton played for the Lakers, he'd be considered.
Speaker 3: Like a top five player in the league.
Speaker 4: But because he plays for the Pacers, sort of off the radar, but he's a hell of a player. The other game last night, the Warriors, even with Steph Curry going out in the second quarter with a bad hamstring, they beat the Minnesota Timberwolves ninety nine to eighty.
Speaker 3: Eight last night, So they now lead that series.
Speaker 4: Was that the first game of the series?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the first game round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the first game of that series. So here's a stat for you. For the first time in history, all four road teams won game ones in the conference semifinals. Golden State is miscast as a as a seven seed, though they should not be a seven seed. After they added Jimmy Butler and the deadline, they've been a much different team.
Speaker 2: What do you think we're gonna see tonight in Boston Game two with the Celtics in the early one hole against the Knicks.
Speaker 3: We shall see. I meant the Celtics again.
Speaker 4: They missed forty five three pointers in Game one.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna happen again.
Speaker 4: You would think the Celtics would come back and when they were up twenty on the Knicks and then they just couldn't buy a three point basket. So we'll see what happens tonight.
Speaker 2: And then you got Denver and Okse later as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hockey last night. Did you watch any hockey last I did not.
Speaker 2: I watched some of the highlights this morning. We had the overtime there with Carolina taking care of Washington in Game one, and that was that. Those are two good teams right there. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them standing at the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Edmonton also beat Vegas last night.
Speaker 3: How about our Solar Bears beat in the ever Blades. Did they play last night? Two to one win?
Speaker 1: Solar Bears market And you know what, I searched their site every day now dogs and some back on the on the Bears bus, and they actually have bear bites. So either you ripped off dog bites or vice versa. They have bear bites.
Speaker 4: They probably ripped me off.
Speaker 2: They are your your your Panthers, gonna recover tonight in Toronto for Game two.
Speaker 4: Absolutely okay, And they almost came back in one. Game one. They were down big and they made it five four in game one. So that was just the harbinger of things to come, by the way, big news in college basketball. Todd Gold and the Gator basketball coach who won the national championship. He signed a new deal yesterday six years, forty point five million, average salary six point seven million. He's the fifth highest pay coach in college basketball, the second highest pay coach in the SEC behind John Calipari, and he makes almost as much as Billy Napierkats investing in their basketball program.
Speaker 2: Hey, why not? Right do ever?
Speaker 4: He should make more. I think he should make more than Billy Napier quite rightly.
Speaker 2: Everything you can do to try to you know, I mean, you're dealing with these players coming and going left and right. You got to do everything you can to sure things up to make players want to come and stay right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we should start breeding them, like to do with the horses. I mean, it's all about money now. If you had a solar or sorry I got solar bears of the money, if you had a complete perfect read of a coach or a player. Dog, we're going with this ni ol. It's it's linnitless.
Speaker 2: God, it's dangerously close to trafficking, I think, But anyway, we'll take that under consideration. Tac though Mike the Bulldog Byocky, host of Open Mic weekday mornings on AD Jason Sam seven forty ninety six nine in the game, and he takes time out of his show to join us here for the sports page each morning on j R R.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh, by the way, whose birthday do you think it?
Speaker 3: Is? Great?
Speaker 4: Johnny unine as Happy birthday to Johnny you oh oh Lusinako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app