Speaker 1: Seven o six the fifty five air CV talk station on on Friday. What an extra special treat I knew Corey Buman was going to join the program, but I kind of thought he was going to be calling in the fact, I talked over to Joe Strecker, I said, Joe, is Corey coming into the show studio. He's going to be calling? He said, Now he's going to be calling in. I turn around and Joe Strecker's walking into my room in the studio right behind him Corey Bauman. Find him online at Corey Bowman dot com. He has a chance to win the uh well, of course he's going to win the primary. It's going to be him against aftab Provall in November. And Lord Almighty. After talking to Todd Zenzer yesterday and congratulations, welcome Corey Bowman. You got another endorsement Todd Zenzer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was awesome to hear that as well. But thank you so much for having me, Brian. It's awesome to actually be in the studio. I like that more than anything.
Speaker 1: I enjoy having someone across the board here to talk to and look at in the face, because you know, it just makes conversation that much easier. All right, So, I think the biggest story locally in the City of Cincinnati, and you were there and you heard the residents of Hyde Park talking about it, sounds to me like they were not interested in having the zoning variants granted. But the council members, I think they had after talking to Todd Zenzer yesterday, they had prepared statements, prepared statements before the vote seven to two vote to allow the variants from the previously shoved down every neighborhood in the City of Cincinnati Connected communities zoning laws. They then immediately pivot and shove the variants the allowance for the waiver of the height restrictions in Hyde Park Square down the residence of Hyde Park throat. I can't reconcile those two. But if you have a prepared statement going into the meeting before you've listened to what I understand were very well articulated legitimate concerns expressed by the residents of that neighborhood, yep. I mean you're not even giving them a fair shake. Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I've prepared a statement and I was, you know, keeping within my two minutes of time just to kind of support the community but the people that were getting up, these were Hyde Park residents of thirty forty fifty years. You had people and this was like one after another where just some of them were a little bit more colorful than others, but every one of them had excellent points with their community of why they do not want the rezoning. And they were very adamant to explain that they're not against development, they're not against the building, it's just how it's being done right now to take away from the charm and the character of Hyde Park. But the thing that kind of blew me away was that, you know, no matter the issue, an elected official is there to constantly and consistently consider the voice of the community. And that's who showed up and they were just ignored that day.
Speaker 1: And they have been ignored, I guess across the board. When you have an organized campaign and four thousand people signing on to a petition to the the to the city council saying do not allow this, that how many times has that happened? Like never? I mean, this isn't an election where you know you're you're putting up Cory Bowman signs vote Corey Bowman for mayor or whatever. I mean, you see that kind of organization all the time because it's backed by political money, it's backed by other people's donations and everything. But this is as grassroots a campaign as you can find, absolutely, and with that many people saying no, you know, that's where the majority of voters are, and yet council ignoring their This is representative democracy. Here, you are elected to represent the will of the people, and in that community, the will of the people was do not allow this. But when you're a well connected developer, I guess that Trump's the will of the residence of the community. Now, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: And the thing that this has turned into is that Cincinnati is not just like this one downtown area. Were made up of fifty two neighborhoods, and every one of our neighborhoods was watching this vote very carefully. Yeah, because it wasn't just about Hyde Park Square. This was about do our elected officials, our nine council members, our mayor the people that we have elected, do they actually represent us and do they actually care to hear our voice? So this was one community in Hyde Park that was really speaking very strongly against this decision, and they were ignored that day. While all of these other neighborhoods that witness this are now questioning whether their elected officials represent their communities as well.
Speaker 1: Well, And they already know the answer to that is no, they will not, because again I'll go back to the prior intrusion on zoning, which was connected communities. Each of the fifty two neighborhoods has its own vision, view and thoughts and ideas. Some of them, had they voted on it in their own town halls and their own community forms, they would have embraced the idea of connected communities. Other ones did not want it at all. And yet the whole city of Cincinnati is now governed by this zoning called connected communities. Long comes High Park developers. They want a variance from that, and they get it in spite of the will of the people in Hyde Parker said no, no, no, no, no no, no, do not do this. I don't understand that. But as Todd Zendzer pointed out yesterday, and I recommend everyone listening to that podcast, that is an eye opening discussion. We had. They did this the Bond Hill as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, also to the whenever we first started running for mayor. You know the first thing that I started researching was this connected communities and all these policies that were going in place. And when I saw it, to be honest with you, when you read the cover sheet, you know it sounds all nice and all. We're all for development, we're all for community, we're all for all this. But when you dive down deep into it, this was just a trojan horse for failed policies of what we've already seen in communities like where I'm at with our business and church in the West End. It's just now they have a new label on it. But these policies do not help our communities, they don't help our neighborhoods. And this is what it does. It chokes out one of the golden opportunities of our city, and that is to take advantage of small time developers and people that actually have a heart for our community. Because the reality of is that there is so much property and historic significance in our city that is being underutilized. Oh yeah, and when it comes to these small developers that can do one or two properties at a time, you let these businesses thrive, You let these communities thrive, You let these housing opportunities thrive. But no, it has to be under the big vision, the big picture vision of our elected officials.
Speaker 1: And I think that goes to other comments that Todd highlighted about, like this Green Agenda that's behind the scenes, you know, the fifteen minute community, this whole I think it was Agenda fifty one. It was talked about maybe ten twelve years ago. It's got a new label on it now. But federal money comes in in order to retool entire cities to eliminate you know, private ownership of automobiles, eliminate parking spaces, you know, get people concentrated in areas close to public transportation. I mean, maybe that's not the vision that everybody in the community wants. You know, how about how about letting us have a say? And I think this whole vote in this is a reflection of them caring more about what their vision is for any given area rather than representing the interests of the citizens. I mean, it's clearly what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Also, it shows that this is more of a national take on these policies rather than actually looking at the unique things that make Cincinnati Cincinnati. Because we're, like I said, we're fifty two neighborhoods. I'm in College Hill right now, and they implement that same strategy of a bike lane and a two lane highway on North Bend Road, which everyone hates it right now. And I tell you, we're a city of hills, We're a city of snow or a city of rain. And the thing is is that I haven't yet to see one biker in the bike lane on North Bend Road. They spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to make this a bike line.
Speaker 1: There is this.
Speaker 2: Incredibly large, dense apartment complex that's on North Bend Road that is still vacant to this day. And so the reality of it is that these policies do not reflect the uniqueness of the fifty two neighborhoods of Cincinnati. It's one thing if you want to do this downtown. It's one thing if you want to make Crew Tower residential, and you want to make more access to public transportation, those are things that actually make sense. But when you're in the other fifty two neighborhoods to where Hyde Park and College Hill and all these areas that have their own unique traits to it, you can't implement those same policies to it.
Speaker 1: You can't and you can't ride a bike on sunset either. A way to get sunset into literally every conversation we need to do.
Speaker 2: Our next became paign event on sunset and sunset just staying there.
Speaker 1: Just don't drive your car on it. Yeah, you'll end up getting needed in an alignment or you'll need to get your rims ref fixed. Man, that is just so distressing and disturbing when you realize they do have a lot of money and they are not allocating it it properly. They're not taking care of existing infrastructure. And I know that's my favorite street to make fun of, and I bet every time I say it there's probably nine thousand people just all screaming about, Oh yeah, you think some such bad you should come out and see mine. But that's the kind of thing that's the problem. They fail to appreciate the priorities and the needs of the residents as possible. Being Corey Bowman back. Find them online, go to Corey Bowman dot com Bowman dot com. You can donate, get a yard sign, get a T shirt. And of course, my friends in Hyde Park benefit from a change in leadership. I feel pretty confident about that when going with Corey Bowman. And you know what would be great, Corey, I think it would be so absolutely cool if the rest of the city of Cincinnati recognizes what happens with Bonhill and Hyde Park and sees that or feels already burned by having collect the connected communities imposed upon them, depriving them of the direction of their neighborhood. If they are all burned enough on that that you end up getting the most votes in the primary, well, yeah, I want to ask par Ball. Yeah, let's actually make a statement if you, for the sake of what happened this last week's with the elected officials blatantly ignoring the communities, let's make a statement in this primary May by May sixth, vote for Corey Bowman and just make that a statement to say enough is enough and now put a fire on their tails. I'm telling you certainly would. And that does not mean you then have to vote for Corey in November, although I really encourage you to do that me too, But that would just be so cool. Can you imagine the front page of the Inquirer and all the local news Corey Bowman wins primary beats have to have par Ball, God he'll be awesome seven to sixteen fifty five KR City talk station. I think you just need to make the appointment. I feel pretty confident that Andrew Cullen and Color Electric will still extend the twenty percent discount because you need to do it by the end of this month. And that's a twenty percent discount on a service upgrade. So you got through the end of the month of thirtieth to take advantage of a twenty percent discount of new service installation for your home. Twenty percent off total job costs can save you a lot of money given how expensive it because of code changes that were implemented last year. I don't know why they do this, but it's the power up your home sale. So it applies to above or below ground residential single family service of four hundred amps or less. Promotion extends the breaker panel of main service upgrades only, so tenure warranty comes with it, the wiring warranty. You get that with everything Colin does. But for all residential electric projects anything, whether or not it's a service upgrade, it's a it's Color Electric. Fine them online Cullen ce U l E. Ncullen Electriccincinnati dot Com here's the number five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC Channel nine weetherfourcas. It's gonna be pretty rainy today on and off showers and then later this afternoon. They say likely showers and storms with downcours all likely seventy few. They are high today overnight little fifty three with rain moving out, mostly partly cloudy skies early and then sunshine later in the day. Tomorrow the highest sixty five overnight little forty three with a few clouds, and on Sunday just a sunny, pleasant seventy degree high day sixty three degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 3: From the U SE up Traffic Center. You see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. I would make sure your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect morid. You see how dot com crewis are working with an accident north found seventy five at Buttermilk right lean of the ramp is blocked off, but it's at the very beginning of the ramp. Some traffic is slowing from two seventy five in Earl Winger add an extra five into downtown all Clear North found seventy one at Gilbert from the earlier broken down Chuck Ingram on fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty eight five kar Seed Station. A very Happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas with Corey Bowman in studio. Find him online at Corey Bowman dot com. Course running from Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and it's racking up a lot of really good endorsements, including Christopher Smith and form of Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Also Westside Jim Keefer, who wanted to be sure we brought his name up. Hell yeah, there you go, Westside, got your name up, and I know you're a strong Corey Bowman endorser. Pivoting back to have to have par ball in the current makeup of city Council, while stabbing the various residents in the neighborhoods in the back in terms of their zoning rights, engaging in national level politics, while breaking the laws of the City of Cincinnati, and causing the Cincinnati Police Department to have to incur unanticipated, unplanned overtime expenses to the tune of fifteen thousand dollars. He's doing an anti Elon Musk protest, blocking the streets, no permit, and there he is with his bullhorn. What the hell does that have to do with Cincinnati city issues, Corey Bowman.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the biggest thing that I'm hearing from people. I mean, when we talk to people, we talk to Republicans, Democrats, undecided, Charter rights, whatever you want to call it, and everybody is fed up with local government trying to bring national politics into this. Yes, there might be a connection to people in Washington right now. Yes, we have to have a relationship with people in the federal government, state government, but city government needs to focus on city government. And people are fed up with all these agendas and all these opinions that have nothing to do with potholes, have nothing to do with crime, have nothing to do with that. So this protest. I'm not against protests, and we have the right to peaceably assemble and protests under the constitution, but the way that it was done, the city itself incurred, like you said, up to fifteen thousand dollars of unplanned expenses, and we're trying to run on money management to be just smarter with our budget to be able to prioritize what needs to be prioritized with the budget, with the finances. And so that was a case there. And then you're up there with a bullhorn and you're talking about national politics and yeah, it might get you on the news, or it might get you, you know, a raw raw from the people. But this isn't fixing our city problems. No, it's not getting sunset pay.
Speaker 1: That's for damn sure well, and it's ken Kober the FOP hasn't and pointed out, you know, you got all these additional officers standing around. But and he didn't say it directly, but he certainly implied it that they were not to issue any citations for violating the permit requirement. There is a law in the books that require you if you're gonna block, especially the blocking the streets is not is unlawful in and of itself. Listen to him, Sorry, listen, next time, arrest the mayor if he engages in this. I mean, if he's the one stirring the pot, he'd be the best figurehead to use as an illustration saying, listen, you're not allowed to block the dam streets, and we even arrested our own mayor and gave a citation for it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing with our police officers. We have some of the greatest police officers in our city and a lot of people talk about crime in our city and I think that all the time. CPD will get a bad rep for that. But you got to realize that the government is essentially tying their hands yep, because they have non pursuit laws, they have directives in order that prevent them from doing their jobs properly. And so you want to blame the crime, blame it on the administration that's tying the hands of our police officers well.
Speaker 1: And sap in the will and they desire to even do their job because if you follow through to the prosecutor's office, and the prosecutor can do the best job in the world, and you can draw you on conclusions on whether Kyalae County pillage is. But then once you get in front of a judge, and the judge is one of those Silverstein type judges and doesn't apply a bond to a very dangerous individual who may be a flight risk or a danger of the community. And then when it comes time for actual sentencing, after being convicted beyond a reasonable doubt, they get a slap on the wrist and there back on the street. That just defeats the entire will and collapses the entire structure of law enforcement. Punishment is a deterrent and if you take away the detern effect, you're not going to stop the crime from happening.
Speaker 2: No, exactly. And we talk to police officers. I mean, there's many that come in my coffee shop in the West Send, and when we talk about these issues, a lot of people think, oh, we're they're understaff, or there's things happen, And for the most part, they actually say that their biggest issues are these policies. Are these things that are tying their hands, like non pursuit laws that are keeping them from doing their job. Two is like what you said, like these judges and these things that are happening after the arrest. That is just basically discouraging them. What's the reason why we're booking people? Why is the reason why we are enforcing these laws if they're not going to be implemented after the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to complete the process and get the conviction in order to get that leg of the criminal justice in place, which is the deterrent effect. You know, it has to have consequences. Without consequences, there is no point in law enforcement. Corey Bowman, it's been a pleasure having you in and I appreciate making the effort to stop in the studio. You're always welcome here, my friend. I wish you the best of wealth. You got a primary May six, people, Get out vote, vote. Vote. You can vote now. Early voting is going on. Get into the Board of Elections, cast your vote, and let's make a real strong statement to the current administration to get the job done and get back on track, because right now you're not serving the interest of the citizens that you purport to represent. Corey Bowman seven twenty five afty five KRCD Talk Station cross Country Mortgage. That would be Susette Lozacamp. But she is with cross Country, which means she can help you across the entire country. She has been in the mortgage business for thirty five years. I think it's just I can't believe that because I know Susette and I can't believe she's old enough to have been in the business that long. But she'll you'll love working with her. She prides herself on the service she provides for her client. So whether you are looking for a second mortgage or reverse mortgage, you want to buy a house, she'll get back with you right away and you'd be great rates at a low cost. All fifty states and my friends listening in Puerto Rico. She can servace you. Just so call her up five one three three one three fifty one seventy six I have won three three one three fifty one seventy six. Online you can rather emailer Susette dot lowscampspelled l O S E K A M P. Suzette dot Lowscamp at c c M dot com fifty five k r C