Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America. Welcome this great Thursday. Afternnion, the Triestate, possibility of rain later on, we'll check without as events transpire. No Reds baseball today. They won one of three against the Fish. Now they're in Colorado tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunnay and then back home play the Cardinals and many others on four game set. And the Reds have a big decision to make soon about the greatest hitting catcher we have now since Johnny Bench may be sent down. Of course he can't be sent down because he's out of options. That means he'll be designated for assignment, which is a bad thing if Stevenson comes back. But until then you may not know it. But tonight, starting abot eight o'clock in Green Bay, is the draft, not the military draft, but the NFL Draft, And there's much discussion about what to do about that. And we have the expert on hand, James Rapine's with Sports Illustrated, All Bengals Beat, also the author of many books and including Enter the Jungle, which is available on line and elsewhere, also on YouTube with the Bengals. He's forgotten more about the Bengals, I think than mo Eger knows about the Bengals. He knows everything. James Rapine, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, James, tell me about the catching situation with the Reds. We have Stevens in coming back, and we have the greatest hitting catcher of all time already playing. If you're a general manager of your Reds, this is off your beat. What do you do with the catching situation now? Trevino appears to be doing a great job, plus many others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the beauty of catcher is you can deploy multiple and so I think Tyler Stevenson is a good hitting catcher, could be the Reds' best hitting catcher since Johnny Bench. Even though you're referring to hose A Travino there, it's a good problem to have. I think both are going to play, but Stevens and you're going to see him out there whether you're ready or not.
Speaker 1: Though, let's talk about the Bengals tonight about eight o'clock. I have my Before we talk about the Bengals at eight o'clock, let's talk briefly about the Bengals lease, which is even bigger than that. When I have on the Speaker of the House, have on the governor, have on the head of the of the State Senate, Senator Bill Blessing, and others. There are complete loggerheads on this deal. Give me the James Rapaine, what happens on the lease? Will the Bengals stay long term? Will they go? Are they going to leave? Give me a full report on.
Speaker 2: That they're going to stay? They're going to stay. I think it's been a big topic for those in the community. I've been asked multiple times, Hey, are they are they moving? Are they going to move? And I was like, well, as long as they can get something close to done by that deadline, I think one of the sides will say, all right, well we're close, let's get it done.
Speaker 3: And that's what I think the other day was.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: No, I think that they're going to stay.
Speaker 2: The Bengals certainly want to stay where they're at Paycourt Stadium. I think the county, deep down it wants them to stay. And so I think that cooler heads will prevail, even though it did get a little contentious during this process, and still probably will.
Speaker 3: But no, I don't think it'll be the Chicago Lean Bengals. I think they're going to the Cincinnati Bengals right there on the banks of the Ohio.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me why the Bengals and Reds do so poorly in the first part of their seasons, not just the Bengals have had one winning record, as it may first in the past ten years, and the Bengals stink in September.
Speaker 2: Why the Reds. I have no idea, right, I really don't. I don't know why they.
Speaker 3: Start so slow.
Speaker 5: It's such a.
Speaker 2: Long season that you can overcome it. With the Bengals, it's been mostly injury, is what I would say, And because they're so Joe Burrow driven that if he's not one early on, they haven't been good enough around him to overcome that and win when they're not playing their.
Speaker 3: Best ball in September.
Speaker 2: And I think these true contenders they do they find ways to win games even when they're not playing great. And the Bengals haven't been able to do that. And part of that is Joe Burrow, and part of that is their inability.
Speaker 3: To close out games.
Speaker 2: They should have been at least three and one in September last year. That was my expectation going into the season for them. And then they go out and they lose to New England. They's no business losing to New England. They're drafting fourth tonight. The Patriots are because they're one of the worst teams in the NFL. So yeah, they have to.
Speaker 3: Figure it out.
Speaker 2: They have to get it fixed to win games even when they're not playing at their best.
Speaker 1: James for paint. Let me give you my top five selections. Are you prepared.
Speaker 3: I'm prepared. Let's go Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Cam Ward at quarterback picking Number two is the Cleveland Browns. I'd say Abdul Carter. Number three is the Giants, cool and Travis Hunter. Number four Patriots. They stink. Mason Graham. I like Graham because that's my mother's maiden named Graham. I'm not sure I'm related to Mason, though, And number five is asked and gent with the trade. Give me your how do you like cam Ward over Shadur Sanders.
Speaker 3: I think it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think that Chador is more limited physically than a guy like cam Ward, and if you're taking aquarterback number one, overall, you don't want him to have obvious physical limitations. And that's why Shoudor could fall tonight farther than a lot of people projected.
Speaker 3: But I'm not sure he should.
Speaker 2: Should the Cleveland Browns pass on a quarterback if the Browns could use a just a stable, competent passer, like I don't know, maybe they should just go to the quarterback rout, But I agree with you. I think they'll pass on on Shaudoor, and Shoudur may fall all the way to Pittsburgh at twenty one, and he may be in the division, and if he is, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think the quarterbacks this year are much harder to predict.
Speaker 2: Than past years, and it's because I think these teams are going to feel much differently about each guy and how they fit their team.
Speaker 1: How important are the interviews. I'm reading the interviews of Shador Sanders and they're terrible in fact one executive set. I've never seen a player give such a terrible interview than Shador Sanders, who flies around in private jets. Actually, he's a big deal at Colorado, a big deal. How much does the personality of the quarterback play in as opposed to the stats, and Sanders' stats are pretty good.
Speaker 2: Personality is huge, and I think Sanders has places as he wants to go, right, I know you've been in this position where you're interviewing for a bunch of different jobs.
Speaker 3: Well, if he's going into these.
Speaker 2: Interviews, then he knows that I don't want to go to this franchise anyway. Well, then maybe he is a little bit more mugg and off putting, or maybe he just thought he was going to be a top five pick and now he's having doubts about that. So he goes to Pittsburgh a few weeks ago and has a visit with Mike Tomlin and goes that route. But no, those interviews are important, and I think that.
Speaker 3: Those whether or not, I'm not sure that they will reveal.
Speaker 2: Whether or not he's going to be a successful NFL quarterback, but teams care about them, so it could certainly impact his draft stock and where he's picked tonight or if he's picked tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, the quarterback the Steelers not I had a good quarterback. I don't count Man Rudolph since Big Ben and I thought that was fabulous. I want the Steelers to lose. I want the Browns to lose. I want them to be in complete chaos. I don't care much about the Baltimore either. And right, now the Bengals are in a great situation. I was shocked they spend all that money on two wide receivers. So, assuming the seventeenth pick comes around, and assuming the Bengals have the player they want, who with the Bengals pick in number seventeen, which should be about ten o'clock ten thirty tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they certainly want to address the defense, and there's a handful of guys that they I believe they're considering, and it depends who gets there. Walter Nolan out of Old miss as someone the defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: I think is high on their board.
Speaker 2: Johan Campbell and Alabama linebacker dealing with the shoulder issue. But if he's healthy and they give him a clean bill of health and the green light from a medical standpoint, is a top player in.
Speaker 3: This draft and would be a home run pick at seventeen.
Speaker 2: They need to bolster their pass rush, everyone knows that, but I think more than that, they need playmakers on defense. And so if that's that safety, if that's that linebacker, if that's in the defensive line room, whether it's tack or defensive end, they need to be open to that.
Speaker 3: And so I think.
Speaker 2: Nick even worry is another guy safety out of South Carolina that is going to get consideration tonight. And another guy to pay attention to, Shamar Stewart out of Texas.
Speaker 3: A and M.
Speaker 2: He's just an athletic freak. Only had four and a half sacks at defensive end, but had thirty nine pressures last season led to Aggie's and pressures, and I think that the Bengals could view him as a perfect running mate for Trey Hendrickson right away and someone who could contribute right away and develop his pass rush game. So yeah, I think there are a lot of defensive players that they're eyeing tonight.
Speaker 1: Why have the Bengals drafted so poorly the last three at drafts. I'm not sure there's any player selected the past three drafts that have an impact. Why is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a few years ago. I think they were starting to eye the future and you draft almost to replace and anyone could have told you, like when they took Dack's Hill, Dak Hills and.
Speaker 3: Jesse Bates, And that doesn't mean he isn't talented. I think Dak Hill's super talented. They're just different players with different.
Speaker 2: Skill sets and that's the danger is when you draft. When you draft guys to replace others but they're not the same skill set, well, then you have to adjust. You have to have the same vision for that player, and I think they've they've lacked that. Whether it's the coaching staff being disconnected from the front office. Obviously we've seen some coaching changes on defense, but they've tried to draft defense, and for them to be so poor on defense last season, I think that shows how out of sync they were in that building, from the front office down to the coaching staff.
Speaker 1: Duke Tobin, who's responsible when push comes to shove and the card is given to the commissioner tonight, who who writes that out? Is it? Mike Brown is a Eddy Blackburn, Brown is a Troy is a Duke Tobin who actually makes this the selection?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's definitely a collaboration. All of those people are in the mix. But I would say that that Duke Tobin is leading the way, leading the charge. That doesn't mean that ownership isn't going to have input. But Duke is certainly someone from a scouting standpoint, he's involved in all of it. But could he be out ruled technically, Yeah, he can be and so I think that the safest way, the best way to put it.
Speaker 3: It's a collaboration, and we'll see.
Speaker 2: They got to get it right, though, I think we all agree there they have to get it right. Whether it's Duke, Mike, Katie Troy doesn't really matter. I will say this though, I do think Duke from an evaluation standpoint, is kind of leading the scouting department there, and then they have their debates. They go back and forth and iron out their board. Before today, I'm sure their board is it was probably completed yesterday sometime.
Speaker 1: I think the front office I'm reading on Sports Illustrated where you James Rapine kind of get your chops that the Bengals have one of the least attendant front offices in all of football. Mike Brown has said before, we don't need that. We have telephone service, we can video, we can we go on YouTube, we can watch. Do you think that the lack of numbers of personnel in the front office hurts drafting for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: You can't. It certainly doesn't doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Like, I totally understand their approach, and their approach is all right, we want the coaches involved, so we don't have that disconnect that I just mentioned from the front office to the coaching staff, and I understand that.
Speaker 3: I also think that it can be valuable to have more.
Speaker 2: It's not going to hurt if Bill Cunningham has multiple producers and people that can do different things for him. And so I think if you balance it right, more scouts is certainly beneficial.
Speaker 3: The way they view it.
Speaker 2: Is what we likely we have because we can all be in lockstep. And I get that to a degree. But I don't think anyone would complain. I don't think the coaches would complain. I'm sure Duke Tobin wouldn't complain if you gave him truth serim if he had another scout or two, no.
Speaker 1: Question, because the more information you have, the better things are. And the proof is in the pudding. In the last three years, has there been a draft d by the Bengals the last three years to have a measurable impact on the club? Three years, which might be twenty twenty players drafted? How many can you say are potentially or all pro the last three years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you look at it, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four. I think last year they got it right with a Marius Mims, but he's not at that level yet. I think he will be. Dax hill I mentioned the disconnect. I think that's a big reason why he was ineffective early in his career. Miles Murphy hasn't gotten there yet. And I'm just going over the first rounders. It's a good point. It's a good point, no no doubt about it. If they need to find instant impact and when they have done that, obviously Joe Burrow was a no brainer. Well what did they do after Joe Burrow in twenty twenty nifty Higgins Logan weals yeah, instant impact.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the year after Joe mar Chase instant impact. And I get it they were picking earlier there, but they need to get back to that where they're finding guys that are in that Pro Bowl conversation earlier in their career.
Speaker 3: And I think a Marius Mens could certainly do that this year.
Speaker 2: But whoever they pick at seventeen, whoever they pick at forty nine with the first two picks, they need those guys to be in consideration and playing a lot as.
Speaker 1: Well, which has not happened the last three or four years. It's not been there. But comparing the Bengals to say, the Browns or the Ravens are the Steelers, how does that line up what those they benchmark against have the Steelers have the Browns have The Ravens the last three years had picks that did have an impact. I mean, let's not compare the Bengals to nothing. Let's compare the Bengals to some of them. So compared to the Ravensers in the Browns, how does that look?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Ravens certainly have. They They've drafted impact and they found ways to kind of revamp their defense. The year that Doxell was drafted, they got Kyle Hamilton earlier than the Bengals. It's not like the Bengals had a shot at Kyle Hamilton.
Speaker 3: But he's a big part of their defense. And that's an.
Speaker 2: Example, by the way, of what the Bengals could do. If they take a safety tonight and they think Nick even Worry is a guy that can do that and be that kind of guy like Kyle Hamilton has been for the Ravens, well, that should be an instant impact guy.
Speaker 3: So I agree.
Speaker 2: I think the Ravens outside of offensive line, they've drafted really, really well and they've hit it pretty good on the offensive line at times. And then the Steelers they're just searching for a quarterback. You know, they've really struggled in that area. Outside of that, you look at their defensive front and.
Speaker 3: They're a loaded and they're loaded because they draft well and they add guys in the draft that are able to contribute right away. And the Browns same thing.
Speaker 2: Their defense has been pretty so they need to figure out a way to draft good skill players. They haven't been able to do that. The Bengals are usually good at that, and so yeah, there all these teams have their their weaknesses in the draft and their strengths and it's uh. The good news is is if you're of the Bengals, it doesn't take a miracle when you have Joe Burrow. They have the quarterback already and so just getting a few of these picks right over the next couple of days would go a long way to getting them back into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Now the windows wide open the next two or three years. Let's see what happens. James Rapine, are you ready for the big question?
Speaker 3: Let's go a big question.
Speaker 1: Trey Hendrickson lining up in September at defensive end yay or nay for your Bengals Trey Hendrickson, who, by the way, is raising money for Deer Park High School, which I like, yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety chance he's lining up for the Bengals. I don't think the NFL is going to change what his trade value is. The Bengals have gotten offers on him, they haven't been even remotely close to accepting one of those deals. And so unless someone changes their offer upset by a ton gets desperate, I think the Bengals aren't gonna waiver here. They'll get past this week, not trade tray, and then after that it would be all all eyes on training camp and will they get a long term deal done before then? But no, I think Trey Hendrickson is going to be in Cincinnati this season and hopefully beyond. Hopefully they get a deal done because as you said, he's a big part of the community and he's also a huge part of what they've done on the field.
Speaker 1: And he is a contract this year. Anyway. I know contracts don't mean a damn thing, but he is a contract this year, making what like eighteen million dollars or something. He's under contract this year coming up.
Speaker 2: And his cap hit is eighteen million this year, he's making sixteen million in base salary, and that's that is underpaid. I think he would deserve a raise once a raise, and I think the Bengals hope to get him a race, So we'll see if they can get it done.
Speaker 1: All right, James Rapene. Of course, Austin Wins is hitting five hundred. He's the maybe the Red's best offensive player, and he's the catcher in Trevino is a great defensive catcher hitting also. And maybe this is a situation where Stevenson comes back, and I hope they don't designate Austin Wins for assignment. They can't send him down. That would be a mistake. We'll see what happens there.
Speaker 6: But James Europene, like you did, he's hitting like you did for deer Park. Well, deer Park I had six fifty one year. Of course I knew the scorekeeper. She was a girlfriend of mine. She was keeping score, so that's kind of a different issue. But right now, deer Park baseball got beat by Wyoming the Cowboys twenty four to two, so that that's not a good thing either. It sounds like a baseball scorer for the Reds twenty four to two. We lost last week to the Wyoming Cowboys. That's not good.
Speaker 1: So that's that's not good.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, James Viropene. Tonight about ten o'clock, the pick should be in. We'll cover it well. And once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. James Rapine, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Bill, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. Trey Henderson. Yes, contract is signed for one year. He's got to play, I think, or give up like eighteen million dollars. I don't think that's going to happen. But the Bengals, hopefully we'll sign him to a three year extension. Let's continue with more on news radio seven hundred WLW Rock. I had the music. Gave another great Thursday afternoon in the Tri State Rets baseball off. Today day off. They get out of tomorrow three game set in Colorado and then come home, and I think between now and May twentieth they have no days off. It's got to get it on. I'll see what happens. The pitching staff is holding up quite nicely, but there's still one game underwater. We'll see what occurs tonight's of course the NFL draft made into a big deal. Eight o'clock going to cover it all thither and fro Bengal's choice sometime after about ten o'clock. And more so, I would note that after one o'clock today I have on a climatologists comeing on. I call them a responsible climatologist that talks about what are the plans in the future that are going to be implemented in Europe that were stopped here in America because the Biden administration was, shall we say that on the same page as the American people, nor on the same page with Donald Trump. And the plan well funded by Bill Gates and others and Al Gore, is to release into the atmosphere literally tons of airsaws that will reflect the sun out into space, causing the earth temperatures to cool by one or two degrees. As you may know, there's such a crisis in climate change that the world's temperatures may have gone up as much as one point seven degrees the past fifty years may have gone up. Of course, those keeping score may have been left wingers that want to put their thumbs on the scale. That's a different issue. But when you and I look around, things are pretty good. I'm against pollution, aren't you? But man made climate change is something that is simply inaccurate. Yes, can we have some impact on the environment, Absolutely, and we responded that appropriately. But there's a radicalism afoot and the movements of climate change, man made climate change causing global warming in Europe that doesn't exist in America anymore. And I have a guess after one o'clock to talk about that. His name is Steve molloy of junk Science dot com. Junk Science dot comedy comes with the receipts of all the other predictions made at the turn of the century that in twenty five years what America would look like. Of course, at two thousand, you might recall was an occasion to look back and look into the future. Many Bill Gates and Al Gore and others said that in twenty five years that the most of Florida would be uninhabitable, that most coastal European cities would be under ten to twenty feet of salt water, and that this planet would look like a cinder and be blown into space if we didn't completely change how we look at man made climate change. In a sense, we got rid of pollution. You and I can recall at a time when you could be in Mount Auburn looking over the Crevass toward Covington, that there was a constant haze over the city of Cincinnati, which doesn't exist anymore. You and I can recall the time when the Ohio River was uninhabitable for aquatic or marine life. That's not the case anymore. In a summer's night, you can see dozens of people fishing in the Ohio River. You might recall the Lake Erie in Lake Michigan or in terrible condition, along with the Detroit River was on fire at some point. So that's all a problem, and over the last fifty years we solved that problem while advancing science in a very responsible way. But right now there's a release into the atmosphere, these so called aerosols that's going to reflect heat back into outer space, which may cause global cooling, which is a serious problem. A little one or two degree temperature increase is not a big deal. In fact, carbon dioxide presence is great for plant and vegetable life to grow more, and God knows we need a lot more of food stuff, So one't type or another. But the environmentalists have a different idea. You know, it used to be you got to drive an EV. The responsible thing for liberals is to drive EV's. The most popular brand is Tesla. Now the liberals are trashing Tesla's, protesting, so to speak, and vandalizing Tesla dealerships because now Tesla's are out of favor because of Elon Musk politics working with Donald Trump. You can't have it both ways. You might recall save the whales was a big deal and the dolphins off the east coast and off the West coast, when now there's permits given by the federal government to kill whales. So the liberals at one time told us you got to buy evs. Now they're telling us don't buy evs. They're told to save the whales. Now they're killing the whales because of the windmills on the east and west coast. And you can't have it both ways, or can you? I'm not sure. And secondly, I would note that yesterday and also last week, there were arguments in the US Supreme Court about whether parents can opt out of having their children regimented into a certain viewpoint contrary to religious beliefs. I can't use on the radio the language in these so called grade school, elementary school and preschool books about gender awareness and sexual practices to engage in. But that's not the role of elementary or grade school, right, reading, writing, and arithmetic, which it's terrible. So when books are there about gender awareness, to ask a five year old in New York City what gender are you? And the five year old has has no clue what they're talking about, but they're told they have to choose a gender. Then there's books written about Penelope is a boy or that James is a girl, and it confuses the issue. And the purpose of preschool is to do the basic reading, writing, and arithmetic in elementary school, and that's not happening. So the US Supreme Court took up the issue, and Justice Elena Kagan, a liberal from Harvard, asked the questions that I would ask, well, why are we teaching self satisfying practices to be employed by an eight year old girl? How an eight year old girl should satisfy herself sexually? And Elena Kagan, Supreme Court justice, said, is that really proper for a third grade girl to hear about this kind of stuff? And this is a liberal saying, what are you doing? And the other concern I have is that down the road and I think you and I have discussed this before. Can Donald Trump do what he's been elected to do. There's about seven hundred federal district court judges, some of whom are radical leftists, the most radical leftist judges imaginable, either picked by Obama or picked by Biden. Let's face it, twelve of the last sixteen years liberal Democrats have picked federal judges, and so many have their own foreign policy precepts. This is not normal, this is not the way things were. Nationwide. Injunctions have been discussed, shall we say, negatively, by liberal Supreme Court justices, that one person sitting with a black robe in Boston or Los Angeles can shut down the entire federal government by issuing an order words on a piece of paper, and everything changes constantly. But when Democrats are in charge, these democratic federal judges don't issue injunctions. They try to avoid it because the policies prescribed by Biden and Obama or in accord with the political wishes of federal judges. And that's not the way things ought to be. It was illegal, it was against the law to admit into this country literally millions of undocumented aliens and release them into the country illegally. How was it illegal to bring them in? But now it's also illegal to get him out. It used to be unless you're from Mexico, a separate deal from some other country. When you were located in this land, you were immediately deported. But now the liberal federal judges want to give what eight million illegal aliens, maybe as many as twelve million who came in the past four years, separate hearings that would take over one hundred years chaos. And how many were admitted in this country who were on the terror watch list? One list is over two hundred and fifty on the terror watch lists were inside the United States? How was it okay and defiance the federal law? They're coming in this country, breached our borders with no documentation and then detained and released, which is against federal law. Did any of these liberal federal judges bar that from occurring? I don't think so. Under the Biden administration, at least eight million encounters took place that were known on the southern border, and of the eight million, the great majority were given a report date for a hearing years in advance, roaming around the country, picked up by nngo's wine, dined in pocket line, including at the Roosevelt Hotel, all over this country. And these liberal Democratic congress members, including Senator Chris van Holland of Maryland, did not attend the funerals of Joscelyn Nungerray, who was a twelve year old girl raped by illegals, or a thirty seven year old Rachel Morin raped over a six hour period by eighteen illegals, murdered, or twenty two year old Lake and Riley, who her murderer was flown from the southern border to New York City, where he committed numerous crimes there eight crimes. He was arrested eight times in New York City, released every on every occasion. Finally things got a bit too hot. So what did he do? The murderer of Lake and Riley took a flight on your expense from New York City to Atlanta, spent some time there, tracked down an attractive young woman, raped her, and killed her, beat her to death. Did any Democrats stand up for these victims of illegal immigrant crime? I don't think so, and put off to the side the one to two hundred thousand Americans killed by fentanyl coming through this order southern border. It is pathetic and disgusting that elected representatives ignored the carnage inflicted upon this country by illegals, including burglaries and robberies and drive by shootings and all the rest. And they were silent, which means to use their term complicit. What about the violation of American law for the last four years national security? Where were they protesting any of that stuff? Nowhere? So let's continue with more after one o'clock today, we have Steve molloy. At two o'clock. We have a couple of corners coming on. We've scheduled anyway, Doctor asked me, So Marco and doctor Updegrove are going to be here to talk about the proposal by the Republicans in Columbus to eliminate the coroner's offices. And as you know, I had on the other day the Speaker of the House. He gave the reasons to do it, and I'm going to run it by uh doctor Somarco and doctor Upgrode later this afternoon if a line becomes available, you know the routine five one, three, seven, four nine seven thousand. I have a concern that we vote for change, we put a change agent in charge of the presidency, and the federal courts and the news media work hard in concert with each other to make sure the policies that we voted for don't happen. And at some point the Supreme teams have got to get involved and say, you know what, this cannot stand that the judges themselves in Washington must follow the law. As Justice Alito said, how can we tell the administration to follow the law when we as judges don't follow our own president and don't follow the law of the policies and procedures in effect for US in which we okay injunctions against the president without a hearing, without affidavits, without giving the other side due process rights to respond that as the administration. So how can we require other branches of government to follow the law when we, in the US Supreme Court fail to do so? One might ask that question. Twelve fifty five, Home of your reds Off Today, back out of tomorrow, all on news Radio seven hundred WLW, Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Once again, the environmental wackos are at it. I thought When I first read this story, this can't be true. That is that there's an effort.
Speaker 6: There was an effort by the Bide administration, and now it's in Europe, especially in Britain, that sun dimming airsol sprays will be injected into the atmosphere because a climate change.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, Ah, this can't be true. Something's wrong with this, and I read the story Experiments to dim sunlight that fight global warming will be given the green light by the government within weeks. British outlet The Telegraph reports outdoor field trials, which include injecting aerosols into the atmosphere or brightening clouds to reflect sunshine, are being considered by scientists as a way to prevent runaway climate change because on to say, don't worry about the devastating effects and irreversible effects of blocking out the sun. According to the Europeans, and according to Bill Gates funding it and the Biden administration, Thank god, that's over with green light at this event. Of course, you don't need the Biden administration anymore. You got the Europeans, you got Bill Gates. And this story, says Bill Gates, Stateside has been trying to make this happen for years now without success. He's willing to financially back the effort to cause sun dimming technologies that would potentially reflect sunlight off the Earth's atmosphere, triggering a global cooling effect. Steve Molloyd Junk science dot com. You're responsible environmentalists. Give me a full report on what's happening now in Europe that I guess we can't control.
Speaker 8: Well, Bill, thanks for having me so. You know, for years people have actually been trying to do This is not actually new. You got some news last week. I wrote a column the Daily Caller about how the Trump administration is looking into a small South Dakota company that is launching balloons into the stratosphere. The balloons pop and distribute sulfur dioxide particles, which reflect sunback into the sky, and they sell cooling credits to people who want to sponsor these balloon foods. Now, that sounds like kind of a joke, but there are more serious efforts going on around the world. The Biden administration spent like twenty two million dollars on some of these efforts. There's an aircraft's carrier parked in San Francisco Bay and they were firing sulfur dig side particles into the atmosphere from the carrier deck.
Speaker 1: So this actually was going on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And of course now the British are getting into it and Bill Gates, you know, he's been dumping millions and millions of dollars. This is all kind of crazy. I mean, first off, I mean the idea, the concept, basically, it can work. I mean we know this from volcanic eruptions. You know, in nineteen ninety one, Mount Saint Helen, well not messing Helms Mountain a Tubo erupted and caused global cooling for a year or two in eighteen fifteen, and in the Indonesian volcano, Mountain Tambora erupted and caused eighteen sixteen to be the year without a summer. So we know that it works, but do you really want that to happen? And then just as an additional layer on top of all this, what they're doing is they're firing sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere and those particles reflect sunlight, so less sunlight.
Speaker 3: Hits the Earth.
Speaker 8: Now, in the nineteen in the mid twentieth century, we had this problem, especially like around Pittsburgh and industrial areas of acid rain, and you know, acid rain.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a serious issue.
Speaker 8: It would rain and you know people's it would sting people's skin, you know, under really bad circumstances.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 8: So right, so now these guys want to fire this pollution purposefully back into the sky to block out the sun, which of course we need, you know, to grow plants. So we're going to pollute the atmosphere cause acid rain block out the s so we have less plan. I mean, this is and use taxpayer money to do. It's insane.
Speaker 1: See malloy, I'm against pollution? Are you against pollution?
Speaker 6: I'm against Well, you have an EPA's.
Speaker 1: City, county, state, federal spending billions of dollars every year, and pollution largely has been cleaned up. Looking at it. You can eat fish out of the Ohio River. You can eat fish out of the Mississippi River. I wouldn't do it. You can eat fish out of the Columbia River in Lake Erie. People, there's an incredible money being made of fishermen and others going out on excursions into Lake Erie in Lake Michigan, and they eat the fish without developing a third eye in the middle of your forehead, and so it looks to me like pollution is generally under control. We're not talking about pollution. We're talking about changing the atmosphere by injecting aerosols to reflect sunlight. Now, what happens if we do that successful? Not we the Europeans do that successfully, and then there's one or two more volcanic eruptions to block out the sun. Couldn't we have a new ice age starting instead of the opposite. I don't know about you. I liked little warm temperatures. I like to play golf. Maybe in April or May. We just went through a terrible winter in the Midwest. It was colder, colder than a well digger's behind. It was bad. And so what happens if the Europeans do all this stuff and we have aircraft carriers injecting into the atmosphere in the San Francisco Bay aerosols and then we got one or two volcanic eruptions. Hello, I'll be wearing coats in July and August. Give me a full report.
Speaker 6: What happens if we have more volcanic eruptions on top of this stuff?
Speaker 8: Well, that's exactly it, though, People don't realize. You know, I grew up in the sixties and seventies, and you know I had never never I mean, I went to I've been to Pompey saw about what mountains Zubus did. But I thought, you know, volcanic eruptions were just sort of a thing of the past.
Speaker 3: But of course they're not.
Speaker 8: No, and you're absolutely right. You know, one volcanic eruption a serious one, like Mount tambour In eighteen fifteen or Mount Pinatubo nineteen ninety one. Yeah, we can weather that. But if there are two, and that could happen, I mean, what's to say it can't, We're gonna be in serious trouble. And then if we're already up there block with these stupid experiments, we would be in deep trouble. You know, we need the sunlight for our agriculture, which feeds the eight billion plus people on the planet, and there's really no room for less sunlight. I don't even know what the problem is. What warming are we concerned about?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 8: Co two missions are plant food. We need the sunlight for photosynthesis. I mean, these people are truly nuts. Bill Gates is way out over his skis. The Biden administration is way out over their skis. These people are insane. They I'd be locked up.
Speaker 1: Of course. One of the experts on this is astrophysicist o'nil deGrasse Tyson. He said at one point about fifteen years ago, quote climate change will make Earth a living hell. I'm not sure it's a living hell right now unless you're in maybe Gaza, or maybe you can. He also said that all Arctic ice will soon melt. Polar bears are dying off. Global warming causes food shortages. Just on that issue. What causes food shortages is that global warming or global cooling.
Speaker 8: It's global cooling. And you know, the last time we really saw that was during the Little Ice Age, the period like from thirteen hundred AD to the mid eighteen hundreds. It was cool in Europe and there were famines because there was less sun. Of course they didn't have the technology that we have. But cooling is not good for agriculture. You want warmth, you want co two, you want sunlight. Those things are necessary. We have to feed ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well. The other issue is climate change is worsening. The wildfires had some of New Jersey recently, mainly in California. And it's an article of faith if you try to listen or watch the nightly news, climate change creating infernos larger than ever, As it came out of the mouth of Lester Holt that when there's California wildfires, NBC News quote climate change creating infernos larger than ever? Is that true?
Speaker 8: No, wildfires have always happened. Remember two years ago there was the air apocalypse on the East Coast because the Canadian wildfires. Well, that had happened during George Washington's time. He had written about it in his diary. And but you know the problem today is that we are intentionally letting our forests go and and public spaces, letting the brush grow. And of course if there's a spark or an arsonist or what have.
Speaker 3: You, they're going to go up.
Speaker 8: They're going to cause wildfires, and it's you know, gonna be they're gonna be tough to control because we've left all this. We've turned our forests into tinder boxes and it's hard to put that put out. Those fires, they burn hot, they're easy to start, they spread, and yeah, it's it's our fault.
Speaker 1: Well, Steve Malloy junk science do come. US Forest Service data shows and they report this, but it's not reported in the media that there were many more forest fires in the nineteen thirties than there is today and the climate climate has gotten a little bit warmer, but it doesn't dry out the trees and calls wildfires. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 8: So in the early twentieth century we started fire suppression and we got wildfires under control. But then in the nineteen eighties, you know, we started banning, logging, we started banning, you know, forest management, and of course all this wood, deadwood has piled up and these things have become tinderboxes. It once again, it's our fault. Wildfires are nowhere near what they were at the beginning of the twentieth century, but they have upticked a little bit, and it's because of our forest mismanagement.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety nine The Guardian. Also nineteen ninety nine, Al Gore a secret report warns that major European cities and the coastline of Florida will be sunk beneath the rising seas in twenty five years. So here we are twenty six years later. Are European cities under seawater and as the coastline of Florida was like twelve hundred miles down and across. Are large parts of Florida now uninhabitable because of rising sea levels? Is that going on? Because this was predicted twenty five years ago?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I remember in nineteen eighty six, ETA said that by twenty twenty Florida would be two feet underwater. Of course that's not true. As a matter of fact, sea level rise in Miami is actually less than what they estimate for the world generally says none of this has ever happened, but built there is no apocalyptic climate prediction that has ever come true. These people are wrong one hundred percent of the time, but they get one hundred percent of the media coverage for their predictions, and there's no media coverage when they sail.
Speaker 1: As far as the cost of this, the price if someone I always say, follow the money whenever there's a question about why does something happen? If you say money, you're going to get it right ninety percent of the time. How much money has Al Gore, who's now worth two hundred million dollars? In other words, they monetize Stacy Abrams gets one point nine billion dollars a year and a half ago to study refrigerators and the state of Georgia. How much money is involved in promoting these theories, who's paid, how much are they paid? And is anyone teaching in school something different than man made climate change is going to kill the polar bears? How big of an industry is man made climate change? Global warming? How much money we're talking.
Speaker 8: About, Well, it's a multi trillion dollar industry. They want to turn it into a multi hundred trillion dollar industry. They want the entire global economy, you know, oriented towards various forms of climate idiocy. You know, this is a wees stuff world economic form, one world. The entire global GDP will just be you know, climate money and climate prevention. Yeah, I mean, look how hard climate scammers are fighting for the green news scam funding that President Trump is trying to kill, even even red states, even the oil industry, right, I mean, it's just it's it's really incredible. It's all driven by money, except for of course, you know, the the green scam is mostly powered.
Speaker 3: By the left.
Speaker 8: Right, So the left they want to turn off communists, they want to use climate to do it. They want control of everything. But then you have these useful idiots on the on the capitalist side that want to make money from that, and you know, let's hope they get hung First.
Speaker 1: State Molloyd junk Science dot Com. The two largest economies in the world as far as population is China and India. Between the two of them, they have about done three three billion people between India and China. Any of these rules apply to.
Speaker 2: Them, No, no, no.
Speaker 8: And the interesting thing is, you know, in nineteen ninety seven, when the Kyoto Treaty was being negotiated, the Senate voted ninety five to zero to not do anything on climate unless China and India were going to do something. But China and India never did. But you know Joe Biden, who voted in nineteen seven ninety seven voted against doing anything. All of a sudden in twenty twenty two made this Inflation Reduction Act happen, where you know, we're spending more than a trillion dollars on climate idiots. See meanwhile, China and India are burning more coal than ever.
Speaker 1: And of course colleges university. I have a story here received in the last two years in the Bide administration, eight billion dollars the Colleges University is to study global warming. Eight billion dollars went out the door. And you have a column up about the Interior Department must enforce Trump's offshore wind band, which of course they don't want to enforce. Explain the why doesn't Why don't the East Coast cities, in the West Coast, all blue cities and blue states want to enforce the an offshore wind Why is it? Beats me?
Speaker 8: I mean, it's fifty years ago it will save the whales. Now it's killed the whales. The offshore wind is killing whales. They've been permitted to kill whales. They've also been permitted to kill dolphins and porpoises and seals. They have all sorts of other you know, environmental effects. I mean, you know, from each wind turbine there's a cable that's carrying electricity warms through you, surrounding water to one hundred and forty degrees. It's just not conducive to life. I mean, it's like the water in your shower, right. And we've overlooked all these environmental problems to get these things up because they're politically correct and there's money involved. And Trump administration. You have President Trump is against these things, but he's having a hell of the time trying to shut them down. He just shut down one in off the off coast of New York. But there are others going up on the east coast, including the largest one, Virginia Dominion Energy is building one. He's got to shut that down too. By May first.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, EV's are great until Tesla and Elon Muskets involved with Trump. Now EV's are bad. And now save the whales was a great idea. I got to save the whales and the dolphins. God bless the whales and dolphins, except if it gets in the way of a mandate for electricity production by these windmills that are killing the whales. So a few years ago with saved the whales. Now it's killed the whales. Few years ago it was buy evs, Now, don't buy evs. A few years ago it was buy American. And by the way, the most American produced vehicle in the world is Tesla. Now they're saying, don't do that. In fact, they're protesting. Days of rage are going to take place. I know last weekend it was days of rage about getting rid of EV's and buying internal combustion engines. Senator Kelly of Arizona had two evs. He got rid of both of them. Hollywood actors and actresses and singers are getting rid of their evs buying gasoline powered cars. So at one point we have to go EV Now we can't. At one point, it was saved the whales. Now you get permis to kill the whales. Am I confused? Am I stating the facts accurately?
Speaker 8: No, you are staying in the facts accurately. Look, there's no part of the modern environmental agenda that is part that is about the environment. It's all about politics and control and money.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, we cleaned up the environment a long time ago, as you pointed out about the fish you can catch in the rivers. You know, in nineteen sixty nine the rivers would catch on fire.
Speaker 1: Well, now making fish out of them.
Speaker 8: Now you can eat fish out of them because you know there they could be cleaner. But it's you know, we're working on it. We're making progress, and you can eat the fish. The air is clean, The air is cleaner than it way cleaner than it needs to be. But yet you know the environment is getting worse and worse and worse, according to the environmentalists, because they want the money and the power.
Speaker 1: Let's spray more aerosols in the atmosphere to reflect the sun and cause a cooling effect, which is going to make sure that we can't grow plants. It's wonderful, all right, Steve, all the stuff's at junk Signs dot com and Steve molloy, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Steve, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. I'm reading this Bill Gates lobbies European he will fund the airsol release of calcium carbonates in the atmosphere to reflect the sun. What you will cause maybe a new ice age, which means we're all gonna die. Buy EV, don't buy EV. Save the whales, Kill the whales. I'm somewhat confused, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW. With the seventeenth pick in the.
Speaker 9: NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals selects.
Speaker 2: Hello, Biet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Hines teg.
Speaker 6: Are you ready for the draft of the seventeenth pick tonight about ten pm? Are you prepared?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be, will be. I don't know it'll be I'll be asleep. You know from WrestleMania. We have some wrestling royalty here today from Santax State champion.
Speaker 10: UH coach introduced. First of all, give us your name and introduce the player. Yep, I'm Aaron Cashman. And then I have State champ, National Champiain Shagar with me today.
Speaker 1: Tell me about a kiss, Kim Is that the first end?
Speaker 6: Kane Cain Caine, the big Red Machine Canes? Tell me about you a mayor? Are you a mayor in Tenna of a city in Tennessee?
Speaker 1: I'm not? Oh machine is here? Kane Kin?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Caane, you're a sophomore junior. I'm a sophomore and what uh what weight class do you go?
Speaker 4: I wrestled one thirty eight at State and then I wrestled one forty five at National.
Speaker 1: They have to cut a little bit from one eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's part of the sport. Cutting comes along with it. And I did have to cut cut a few pounds or so.
Speaker 1: Don't go to Ron's roost if you want to cut weight, would you agree?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'll stay away from there. When was the last time you had a big mac? Why came out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'll give it some years. Okay, what about French fries like McDonald's fries.
Speaker 4: I haven't passed the French fries in like one maybe last weekend.
Speaker 7: Oh, get some good carbs in your car.
Speaker 1: Cars. Tell me about the big match you told me off there. How many kids are in your weight class state wide? How many a state wide?
Speaker 4: So it starts off with sixteen or sixteen sectionals and they narrow it down. Top four go to districts, top four go to state, and then once you get to the state tournament, it's a sixteen man bracket and then you wrestle it out from there. But those are the best sixteen guys from the districts that the sixteen.
Speaker 1: So it's the sixteen of the sixteen of the best in the state. Yep, it's like a royal rumble. A sixteen get on the back together left not all at once.
Speaker 10: You throw.
Speaker 1: Them out, throw them into the crowd. Throw that doesn't work that way, you know.
Speaker 11: You know Willie last year he placed third and it's the state tournament for four, winning the freshman title at one hundred and thirty two pounds. Now jump to this season at one thirty eight. He's got the state championship. He dominated for the second national title seven and oh, who's ever mind you?
Speaker 6: Of seven deer Park Deer Park seven and oh and basketball fives.
Speaker 1: Seven and oh and eleven and oh.
Speaker 11: In the first two rounds before securing pins pins, did the guy tap out?
Speaker 1: So that was it? No, that's not exactly what a pin is. But what match shoulder blades hit, the matt slaps the matt match over sor I think it's like a like a like a voodoo doll or something. I can see you maybe pulling something out of your out of your pants and cutting cutting somebody. That would be considered like magic, like the Darkly Blind guys.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, so how long you have many matches in the state finals? How many matches do you have? Like six or seven or no?
Speaker 4: So uh, because it's so slim down with the bracket from sectionals, districts to state, you only have four matches to win.
Speaker 1: For a whole tournament, and then we're easy matches.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say match yeah, I went yeah. I wouldn't say lighter matches. I didn't overlook anyone. They're all the best of their best from their district.
Speaker 1: But you're the favorite. Now, Kine, I am the big blue machine. Got one more year ago, two more. You're only a sophomore.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: What do you want to be when you grow? Professional wrestler?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say a professional wrestler, but I wouldn't say that I have it all slimmed down to exactly what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I still my options open. Have you ever heard of Rocky Boyman? I've not segment. Give me some sports, Willie.
Speaker 11: We also got to say, Willy, congratulations to Losalle senior holding Huen that right. He won the one hundred and fifty two pound national title in that same tournament in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Speaker 1: What classes do you take it? Saying next? Do you think history or what do you take? I take economics, chemistry. Tell me about Maynard Kines? What's his main major theories about economic development? I rather stick to talking about wrestling. Isn't that guy you watch on TV? Yes, that's him.
Speaker 11: The stood reporters of Proud Service over local Tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You could feel a Northern Kentucky called tom Rickton Heating and air Conditioning at eight five, nine, two, six, one, eighty two, sixty nine.
Speaker 1: But coach, how many state champs have you had?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 10: Stx Kane is my first state champion my first year, actually your first year.
Speaker 7: First you're actually being head coach.
Speaker 1: You can ride him to glory. Then he's got two more years after this, yes, might be like two eighteen. It's when you keep going up because you're just a little friend.
Speaker 4: I don't think i'll get that big clicking at my dad right here. But your dad looks like he looks like a mean man, maybe maxing out at height and waits, So you're that's yeah around there?
Speaker 1: Ever rustled anybody from Deer Park High School? I have not sick. Please continue.
Speaker 11: Also, Willie, we want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and bar. It's clucking good thirty eight to fifty three Race Road on the good old West Side.
Speaker 1: There's Obama's talking about who's got the chicken. He's a smart man. Thank you smart man for once. Have I getting some chicken on the wet You want some fried chicken? Someone has already offered it to me. I might have a piece two on the way out segment. Please continue.
Speaker 11: Sixty five years in business Willie and Young Donna brought our lunch down today.
Speaker 1: Queen, She's the Queen. Also Willy.
Speaker 11: Bengals update Tonight's the night brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient vacations in Northern Kentucky. NFL Draft begins tonight after eight o'clock, Round one, Tennessee. The Titans are on the clock. Who's your favorite?
Speaker 1: It is? Who's your favorite pro wrestler?
Speaker 9: With the seventeenth pick in the drafts Man, the Cincinnati Bengals select, who.
Speaker 1: Do you say? Sec Man? I have no idea. Who's your favorite pro wrestler? M I'll say my favorite pro wrestler is John Cena. He's undefeated on tight on the titles, seventeenth title. It's weir coach. How many guys are wrestling at say? Next? How many?
Speaker 7: Last year we ended with twenty two?
Speaker 10: This year we started with about eighty, but now we're down to about sixty.
Speaker 6: Every here in Rockel was like a football team. Rocky boy to build him? No, no, never heard him?
Speaker 1: Alright, go ahead, SA.
Speaker 11: That's really something else. If they haven't heard of Rocky Boyman Bengals picked seventeenth Willie. They need an edge rusher and edge linebacker, safety, wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And quarterback. They need a quarterback. No.
Speaker 11: Six oh five with Stone Statements NFL's Draft Spectacular Live from the Holy Grail presented by Ortho since the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Emory Federal Credit Union tonight.
Speaker 1: If you are you going to be recruited to go to college? I think you're going to scholarship, the whole deal. Yeah, that's the plan. That's what I'm hoping for. I know your dad's hoping so correct. Yes, Yes, where do you want to go? If anywhere? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't have a specific place I want to go to yet, but I would like to take my visits and see where.
Speaker 1: I don't go to the IVY League and become at a leftjoint extreme radical. Don't do that, Please continue, Willie.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Bengals have that seventeen selections. It's the fifth time in Bengals frame franchise history they have held the number seventeen pick now in the past. Nineteen eighty seven. Defensive end Jason buck at a b YU. I've heard him, but he went very good. Linebacker Brian Simmons out of North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety eight when he played basketball.
Speaker 11: Linebacker David Pollock had a Georgia the Home of the Dogs in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: That didn't work out.
Speaker 11: Defensive back Drake Kirkpatrick from the Alabama Crimson Tier worked out pretty good.
Speaker 1: You see, like LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia. No teams out there. None of those programs have a Like in Ohio, who's got a wrestling team? Any good? O High State's the top dog? Might you go to Ohio State, the Ohio State University?
Speaker 4: That would be pretty cool, going to the best team in my home state.
Speaker 1: And you're like that, Dad, you go watch him? You don't want to go to Hawaii or University California. You don't want to I'm going with you, I'm going with hey.
Speaker 11: Reds are off today, Willie. They opened up a three game series up against the Rockies tomorrow night. The Rockies are rained out last night in Kansas City. Thus they're playing a doubleheader today. Good, so they'll be nice and tired. But how many games have won this year?
Speaker 1: Four and eighteen going into today? They win one game a week. That's worse than the Reds. Yeah, He's continued.
Speaker 11: College basketball former Bearcat forward to Dylan Mitchell is going to Rick Patino and Saint John's apparently Saint John's the Red Storm going to be loaded talent.
Speaker 1: Yes, how about how about Dad give him some players to his son. That would be nice.
Speaker 6: X could use some I would say, Savior have a wrestling team.
Speaker 1: Uh no, they did not. How about you see you see Nope? No, well how about that? I don't know Kentucky with Iowa? What about Iowa does have wrestling team? Yeah, they've got right. That's what you wrestled. You wrestle at Iole.
Speaker 7: I wrestle for the universe of Iowa Hawkeyes.
Speaker 1: My good friend Dan Great Gable, is he still alive?
Speaker 7: Yep, he's still alive. Still comes and works out in the room.
Speaker 1: You're still pretty good?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's still pretty good.
Speaker 1: Pretty kick yours if you had to.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think I might have a little bit of speed on him. He has his strength. I'm seeing him. I see him lifting some big weights.
Speaker 1: What does he left now? Like I left like eighty ninety pounds, What can he.
Speaker 3: Do eighty.
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 1: Dumbell curls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, he's probably up there. Yeah, he's probably some pretty close.
Speaker 1: How about you in a big right, the big blue machine cane. What can you lift?
Speaker 4: I'm not really focused on specific weights and stuff. I just try to keep my mobility up and I have a great trainer, Scot good past here. It does a great job preparing me for matches and tournaments.
Speaker 1: You're still you're gonna wrestle one thirty eight or one forty five? What are you gonna wrestle a lot next year?
Speaker 4: Next year the plans probably either one forty four or one fifty.
Speaker 11: Get a couple of yeah, that'll help sixty. Get some big max in you. That'll help versus big boys and greaters.
Speaker 1: Ice cream. Yeah, there you go. It's good day. That's a good diet. Well, congratulations, you got your title right there, you got your medal and everything. You've been a champion in wrestling, Now be a champion of life. You know what I'm saying. It's there. I like that. The boy's respectful too. By the way, who is the Vice President of the United States? J? Vans? That's correct, it's correct. Who's the governor of Ohio? Mike Dwine? Are you good? Damn?
Speaker 6: They're learning a lot of stuff at Saint X twelve, Rocky boy would Rocky doesn't know what's the square root of eighty one nine?
Speaker 1: Pretty good, dad, not bad. Congratulations young Feller Dan the Big Blue Machine is coming back to state.
Speaker 11: That dominated me to get one of those capes without on the back on the back of it like like like the nature boy Rick Flair. Yeah, yeah, that'll shake him. I'll get him going in the other and the other tournaments. Who else you wrestle around here? What are the schools?
Speaker 4: Uh So all the GCL schools have teams with Sow Mueller Elder Maller's no good, right, they won the g c L this year, So strike out from the record, your honor.
Speaker 1: Strike them. That's pretty good. But you beat the Muller boy, I did. Yeah, kicked his ass good, didn't you? Anyway, Congratulations? You got to get out of the building wrestling and they always work out on like plastic bags to cut weight. Right, you can't do that anymore. You shave yourself all that, it's all gone. You have no eyebrows, you got nothing, not that extreme coach. Congratulations, man, get us out of the students report. Please, will you an honor of the National Champions in Wrestling and the big Blue Machine. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood there a sophomore. I can see it. About three years it's changed the big blueber Sine Blue Machine taking on Roman Range for the undisputed title, Aren't you glad you came here?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Never heard of Rocky Boyman either segment. Thank you, yes, sir. Let's continue after this, after one oh five we have on the coroners. Doctor last me some Marco. She called me off there. She wants to do my autopsy. I said, Doc, I think you end it usually the other way around that.
Speaker 6: No, she said, she's calling me to she wants to line up to do my autopsy. I said, I'm not dead yet. She said, nonetheless, let's schedule something at my news radio seven hundred.
Speaker 2: W l W.
Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, a few weeks ago this thing came out of shall I say nowhere, And the history of it is apparent to politics, not apparent to coroners like doctor Somarco or doctor Russell Updgrove who is the elected corner of Warren County. But somebody without any fingerprints on it put a couple of sentences in a bill which is like five thousand pages long to make sure that county recorders are not elected by the people, but rather appointed by county commissioners. And so when doctor Samarco, the elected Hamony County corner, told me about this, I said, I can't believe that Republicans would take away the people's right to vote. So what I did then was I had to contact to Governor Mike DeWine put him on. Then I contacted the most powerful man in Columbus, allegedly his Speaker of the House, Matt Huffman, put him on about this issue, and they both said they don't think that's going to fly. However, Matt Huffman, the Speaker of the House, who last year was the President of the Senate, I god knows where the bodies are buried, said you know, it may make some sense. Some counties do not elect corners. And I said, what are you talking about? And Huffman said, well, there are some small counties in which you might elect an optometrist, or might elect a veterinarian to be the county corner. And so I want to put the questions of these two elected corners. And first of all, doctor Somarco and doctor upper Grove, both of you. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show, and beginning with doctor Somarco, when this tell the American people, Doc, how this came out of the blue and why county corners like you and doctor Updegrove should be elected.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having us on, Willie. As usual, you get right to the point. So we found out about it about five hours before the House voted on it, and when I reached out to several of our state reps for our area, date had no idea it was even in there. So you know, I'm not sure how that gets. Well, I guess I do know how that gets. I'm told this is pretty common practice that when you want something passed, and you know, you added to some big bill and it just sort of slips through, right. I'm not sure what the purpose was. I don't even know if there were any perceived problems, because nobody, not one person reached out to any of us to say, hey, we think this might be a good idea, but can we talk about it?
Speaker 8: Not one.
Speaker 5: And you know what, as a voter, as an American citizen, I resent anybody taking the power away from me to elect my officials, and I mean across the board.
Speaker 1: So you know, yeah, it's a doctor Russell upter Grove a Warren County. You're the elected corner there. Why are elected county corners better than being appointed by the county commissioner and Warren County. Why is it better?
Speaker 3: Well, I think part of the problem is.
Speaker 2: The information and what you had just mentioned previously about worried about the optometrists.
Speaker 3: Or dentist or things being appointed as corner. One of the additional.
Speaker 2: Heavots in the law that was put in in the o RC as far as in the corner's law in December, is that it is a requirement that a corner be MD or a DO in order to be able to elect a corner. So we're not going to be electing non qualified people.
Speaker 3: The situation.
Speaker 2: As far as why with corners being elected, I think number one, as you mentioned, I think that people have the ability in their county to elect somebody based on their track record, their performance, and their qualifications. If you just remove the corners, those elected officials, and then it's left in the hands of these county commissioners to appoint somebody who could be significantly less experienced or less qualified than the status quot that is president in that county at that particular time.
Speaker 1: And doctor somarco I was told that there's a movement of foot over the next five to ten years to take away the right of people to vote for like sheriff, auditor, recorder, clerk of courts who do administrative functions. How do you respond to the argument that this is saving money, it's a better approach to have a qualified person selected by politicians instead of selected by the people. Do you see this as the first of many fights in the years ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, I would hope that the voters will defend democracy and the right that they have to elect the officials they have. Now, I mean, we have been doing this in Ohio for two hundred years, and you know, nobody has yet to show me how it's broken. So, like I said the other day at the press conference, this is a solution looking for our problems. And you know there are smaller counties where they had nobody that stood for election as corner But already in the Ohio Revised Code is a provision that allows county leaders to appoint somebody to that position, and they have and in the ten counties where they didn't have anybody standing for corner. There were five that were appointed, and then five counties where they contracted with adjacent county corners to take over the responsibilities. So, if you're talking about expense, you know, it always boils down to money, doesn't it, Willy.
Speaker 1: It's always talking about right, It's always money, right, if.
Speaker 5: You're talking about expense. Our salaries are legislated, Okay, they are determined by a high legislation and they're put into place if you're going to appoint somebody. And there are two counties in all that actually do appoint. It's a slightly different government system, right. They have a charter government and they appoint their county corner and the county sheriff. By the way, but both of those counties pay their corners significantly more than we get paid because they appoint somebody, and they basically have to pay the going rate, right for a physician who's going to take over as a full time position for those for those counties. And you know the appointed sheriff in Cayhoga County, well, gosh, they've had a hard time keeping the sheriff. They've had nine sheriffs in like the last twelve years because now they're considering going back to an elected juriff position because they're having the hard time keeping sheriffs. But it's important for county corners to be elected because we are answerable to the people of the county. I basically have nine hundred thousand bosses, right, I mean, or thousand voters in the county, not three people, not a board, not a group of or a small group of people that appoint me. And so I have the independence. I have the ability to be objective. I have the ability to look at the evidence, to look at the scene, to look at the medical records, to look at what is being presented to me, and make an objective, independent you know, medical decision, investigative decision based on the evidence at hand, and not be influenced by a certain group of people or you know, their friends or their colleagues or fellow politicians. And we have the ability to do that because we are independently elected and we want to keep it that way.
Speaker 1: So on that point, doctor Samarco, if you're appointed by county commissioners in this it might be two out of the three, or would appoint someone they could put the scale. I'm not saying it's happened, but they could put their thumb on the scales and say, we appoint you, you kind of work for us. We don't think this is a suicide. This might be a homicide. What do you think, doc? Are you worried about political winds blowing into the corner's office in Amliny County? That's not there now.
Speaker 5: We're all human, and you know there are going to be county corners that are going to feel that pressure to and you know, sort of the influence and the pressure to rule a certain way when you're being asked by your bosses. And I think, you know, to stay in a position or to stay in that job. I think that keeping it objective and keeping it independent will result in justice for the victim and the families and you know, as well as the suspect. And I think that it's important for us to maintain that.
Speaker 1: Right, Doctor Russell upter Grove. Warren County is a great county. It's a smaller county compared to Hamlinin County. However, there's counties in Ohio that has ten to twelve thousand total residents in the completely different situation. So when Matt Huffman talked about maybe a veterinarian or an optometrist becoming a county corner. Who would want to do that for the amount of money paid in a small county. But do you living in Warren County, if you have a situation where you would like to, as an elected corner bring in another corner from another county, from Hamilton County or Montgomery County, you currently have the ability to do that without the without the law of telling you you have to do it. You have the option to do what they want to do anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean in Warren County, we don't perform autopsies there, so the bodies that will acquire an autopsy are sent to either Montgomery County or Hamilton County based upon the geography of the circumstances. What I think a lot of people don't understand is there's a lot more to the corner job than just looking at people who are being autopsied. We're responsible for with death certificates on individuals who die of oftentimes natural causes, who either have not seen a doctor in a long time, where their doctor refuses to sign the death certificate for various reasons, and all of those deaths fall in the lap of the corner to deal with. So there's a lot more to the job than just sending a body off to some other place for an autopsy.
Speaker 3: And that's the end of it.
Speaker 1: And so when this came out about a week or two ago, that I don't Your job is probably important to you, but more importantly, the issue is more important. I'm sure both of you could go into the private sector and make a lot more money than you make as a corner. Well, when this thing eroved, doctor Ruppgrove, when this came out two weeks ago, politically, what did you do with anything to try to stop it? Because you have some powerful people in Warren County. Is this a political matter? Do you think that needs to be addressed or is it a medical matter? Which one is it?
Speaker 2: Well, it came out of the blue, really and without really having much warning that this was going on. So the original question is you know, well, who's behind this and what is the reason that this driving this? And I think it's personally. I think it has something to do more with just making a corner an appointed position and removing it as an elected official. I think that would open the door to the possibility down the road for this using the term regionalization, where it would make it easier for some of these counties who were maybe smaller counties, to do away with having a single corner for a single county and try to lump two three counties together and under one corner. Now, the problem would be who would want to take on all that extra work and responsibility if this is supposedly about a cost saving measure. If it's hard enough to get people to run for foreigner, now, what would be the motivation to do it? To do more work for the same amount.
Speaker 1: Of money, Doctor Somarco, You could make two, three, four times what you're making. If money is the motivation, you're kind of sacrificing to be the corner. And what they want to do now is after your term is up, I guess in January of twenty nine is to have you go away, which might in a sense financially benefit you because you'll make more money. However, you're not motivated by money and doing this in the first place, correct, Willie?
Speaker 5: What I get paid right now? I made more my first year in practice, my first year out of training nineteen ninety five, I made more. That's thirty years ago in my first year in practice than I make now as a corner. So it's not about the money, that's for sure, But you know, it is about public service. It is about trying to do something in my neighborhood, in my neck of the woods, in serving the public, in assuring justice and giving some answers to the families and giving them some peace of mind, and answering some really important questions like, hey, we had a sudden death of an athlete. Could this be genetic? Is there anybody else in the family that's at risk? You know, let's do this investigation and see if we can get some answers for the family. There are so many public health implications here. You know, when COVID hit, everybody wanted to know, Oh my gosh, you know how many people are dying of COVID and is this something we need to worry about, and how contagious is it? And what do you do with the bodies that come in and what kind of precautions do you take. I think the corner in most counties in Ohio pay a pivotal play a pivotal role in working with public health as well as law enforcement. So it's it's both. It's it's both medical, and it's both law enforcement and about justice.
Speaker 1: I tell you both you I tell what's going to happen now in the next few weeks. It has to be done by June thirtieth, likely is going to be done around Memorial Day. There's going to be the House passed the bill which includes getting rid of corners. The Senate says they're not going to put that in there. So if they don't put it in there, that means there will be a reconciliation process in which the governor gets involved, and then they go to the Governor's office and the two of the bills are worked together. What's in, what's out? What do we give the Browns? What if we give the Bengals, do they get nothing? To get everything? And likely the corner issue is so small and so down the list of worries of the state that I have a concern that it's going to stay in there without any of the parties really discussing it or knowing about it, because they care about the big issues, and to me, this is a big issue. And so what I'm going to do is just one person is every couple of weeks I'll talk to the wine and I'll talk to Matt Huffman, and I'll talk to Bill Blessing and keep telling them that one the powwell takes place around Memorial Day, and here's the House bill, and here's the Senate bill, which is different, and the governor's recommendation are different. That when everyone's sitting around, everyone agrees to take out the provision about county commissioners appointing corners and make sure that's not in there. I have a concern it's going to slip through under the door and at the end of the day, and so I'll do my part, and I know you too will do your part. You're a Republican and doctor Somarco is a Democrat. This is not political and it's not not r D. It's about competency and about the power of voters to select those who govern aspect of their lives. I want to keep the ballot box open so if some corner gets out of hand, we can get them out of office because they are answerable to me as a voter and not the county commissioners. Well, both of you, I got to go. I'll be in touch off the air. But doctor Somarco and doctor Uptegrove once again, thank you for coming on the bill, him showing both of you. The fight continues past this afternoon, but both of you, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more. Their fight today will be you'll fight tomorrow. And I think the ballot box out of remain open in case we have a bad corner when get rid of that person. Instead of having county commissioners of appointing, I want to be. I want to I want to elect those who govern my affairs. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WW. With the seventeenth pick.
Speaker 9: In the NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select.
Speaker 1: Oh, hello, bye, I'm broadcasting segment. The Rock has redeemed back Cincinnati. The Rock is back from Belieze.
Speaker 3: You just miss me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely did. Now what's in belize everything.
Speaker 3: We had a.
Speaker 6: Wonderful vacation in Beliefs down there. We went and we we did snortling, the swam with the kids, swam with sharks. One Dad of the Year for that, swam with stingrays.
Speaker 1: We went and went to Mina Maya Temples. Wait a minute, this is the Maya national anthem, stand up, belie you might have a second d and the red carpet flowers they were still rose petals. Yeah, like America, Belizian bird. They got released this in English too.
Speaker 6: But that's what that's what's cool about beliee. It's very American based. They speak English, they teach English, and the schools over there, all the measurements are done in feet and miles and inches, not leads Rica somewhere like it's it's below Mexico and into the east of Guatemala in Honduras is to the south of No, I'm not going to cut Themala. I was on the Ablizian Guatemalan board though, because that's where the well, the main Mayan temples is.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like an American you five months stood out.
Speaker 6: Just a little, just a little white but uh but yeah. They drive on the right side of the road. And those are you know, liquids and gallons and not leaders, you know what I mean. Issue I had on the sex Pro and a big blue machine about that state champ. The coach was here and and his hand dad, the big We asked question, have you heard a rocky boy? And each of them said no, and then they said, look, when we leave here, if we see rock we're going to tell him.
Speaker 8: No, no, no.
Speaker 6: Luckily I ran into them in the elevator and they're like, oh my god, Rocky, We're so sorry.
Speaker 1: Will he put us up to another? I told him put him up, to put him up. I'm glad they we told him. Look, Rocky's ego is going to be hurt. So if you run into him say I put you up to it, that'll make him feel better. Did they do Did they do that? Yes, they did do that.
Speaker 6: Now what about this, sant X BOYD the I E. D.
Speaker 1: S and Watson welcome back. Send me the article.
Speaker 6: And in the entirety of the article, I didn't you one thing about the kid going to.
Speaker 1: Did not see that in places up? The places up?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They just you know who his lawyer is, Scottie Crosswell? What about the magic magic Man is there too?
Speaker 6: So you know he's in trouble. He got the Magic Man and Scott Crosswell. And by the way, he should call Deters up.
Speaker 1: The transmitter was on the list to blow up by sant X w W transmitter, correct, Is that right? Sant X boy He had problems with sant X, so he had some counselor. And so from that point on and mild to he's hired of hearing this. Joe Grad welcome back, Ross, thank you, And I said, you heard Joe Dieter say, said no, I'm just saying, maybe you're not as big as you think you are. I'm just saying. I ran into them and they told them what to say.
Speaker 6: And somebody from Deer Park, you know Bill, Yeah, we know Bill Well the answer to did you wrestle anybody from Deer Park?
Speaker 1: I heard that question and he said emphatically no, Say give me some sports.
Speaker 11: Will he The Stude Reporter is the proud service of a local Tame Star Heating in their conditioning dealers tame Star quality you could feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating, right down the street at five one three eight, three, one fifty one twenty four.
Speaker 1: Google Santex Grad I e eds, Goo ahead, go hunt and pack on the Bengals watch itself.
Speaker 11: Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. National Football Draft starts tonight green Bay, Wisconsin. Round one, Tennessee is on the on the on the clock right now.
Speaker 6: They're gonna pick cam at the next Steve McNair in Cleveland. Second, what happened to him? Carter killed my girlfriend? New York football giants.
Speaker 1: Here it is. It is san X Grad and federals that Hey, you want this? Can you read?
Speaker 6: I mean from the inquiry sant X Grad and federal bombcase detonation. I'm just a bomber for God's sake. You know, I'm gonna send you the yard of them to make sure you haven't. His name, by the way, is James River Phillips.
Speaker 1: Destroyed with exclusive devices, cars, garbage cans, a tractor, and a television.
Speaker 6: Said, did he actually blow anything up? He blow up a car, attractor, a television and he may have made a mistake here Santax Grad. Get into counseling there.
Speaker 1: Yes, what's his crime?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was on a soccer field and Mason also, Phillips is a graduate of Santex High School and it's no previous criminal record. Of course, he's twenty years old. Welcome back, Rock, Welcome back. Didn't go to school anymore. He's got long, curly hair, answers to the name of the rock.
Speaker 1: What his crowd, That's what it says. I'm just saying, I'm sorry, Benjamin, I'm sorry. Bombs building shed on parents' property.
Speaker 11: Right, there is a big report that Chicago Bears, Yes, are gonna make a big trade blockbusters with Uh, they don't know yet.
Speaker 1: I guess Williams, you're going to move up to get that. What about that Genti guy Ashton Jenny, that'd be a good one. And running backs will pick seventeen. Who's it gonna be. It's gonna be a defensive end.
Speaker 6: In my opinion, it's gonna be mikel William Marshall, Mike Greene from Marshall. A lot of character issues though he's got a sexual assault maybe two sexual assault fit in right. Well, she's also Donovan Azeraku, a d N from Boston College. Doesn't have the measurables. He's donet have the height and all that, but he's got the production. I think what sixteen and a half sacks last year.
Speaker 1: So you're avoiding the obvious. According with the draft. According to the ATF, Chemicals and Materials and Amazon used for homemade explosive devices over you could have gotten those anywhere. Everybody has those components, chemicals and straws now that got all those things got all. He also about chemical precursors, including ammonium nitrate and ammonium.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have ammonium nitrate. I know a cupvered underneath the sink is I don't. He's framed, framed, I say, hid.
Speaker 1: Wires running from a pile of ye powdered to a control switch. That's a little harder explained. I'm just saying another sat X boy, he's gone awry. So do you like, at what point when you wake up at what eight seven?
Speaker 6: Everyone's like seven on one? You type in the Google machine sat X crime, blood crime, X crime detonation devices. I'm just saying, I'm just giving you the facts. Couldn't you just waited like a day or the inquire, look all the other news, Look Fox nineteen, you know w c B, all the all the news out.
Speaker 1: Don't mention st X Cincinnati Inquirre st X grad just.
Speaker 6: Saying something's happening over there. I'm just telling you big and know who you were who sent off the bomb? As san X Church. This has come up with two or three.
Speaker 1: He's not a suspecting that these are all allegations.
Speaker 11: Allegations, Well yeah, seven out of ww's best Bengals cover each other Draft against the Night at five Stone Statements. NFL Drafts Spectacular presented by Orthos since the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Emory Federal Credit Union Live from the Holy Grails six to eight.
Speaker 1: Mister Belize himself will be.
Speaker 11: There, Oh yeah, and a Lance Yes, And then it'll be Moe and and Tony Pike who says he wants to go back into the draft and play nice. He's gonna announce that tonight. And then from ten to midnight, lookout, downtown's gonna erupt. Austin Elmore and the Chickster.
Speaker 1: That'll be great. They'll be rocking ten o'clock right a lot of With the seventeenth pick.
Speaker 9: In the NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals selects.
Speaker 6: I wanted the linebacker from Alabama, Jahad Caampbell. He's the best player that I personally saw in over twenty games of ESPN last year. Tell somebody blitz he and tackle. He can play siline, the sideline, you can cover in space. He does everything.
Speaker 1: Says here that the nickname James River. Phillips, a twenty twenty three graduate of Santax goes by the nickname the Rock. That's what not say that including a car, a tractor, a television set, tractor, a little attractor. There's your story.
Speaker 11: Reds are off today. They they're spending it in Denver snow skiing and snowboarding.
Speaker 1: I understand, you get hurt doing that stuff. They open up a three games. They they don't they're nuts. They'll snorkel with sharks. They opened a three little rocks out there. There's the sharks. Go get them, face your fears, face him good. And you went to a place where they sacrifice, yes, the man temples.
Speaker 6: It was pretty incredible though, like like these these this area won There was you know, mine temple twelve stories high, went to the top of it was amazing. I just look across and we're right on the border of Belize and Guatemala.
Speaker 1: We didn't go to Guatemala, by the way. I stay away, no, stay away from there.
Speaker 6: But like only they said, there's a couple of square miles the area, these mine temples, and there's a couple here, a couple there. Only four percent of the area is uncovered. Like if they uncovered everything. That entire multiple mile radius would be nothing but stone, nothing but stone and buildings and stuff.
Speaker 1: But you know, over the time, you know, nature retook and reclaimed itself. They carved out the hearts of innocent children, chopped their heads off, let them roll down like Indiana Jones at the Temple of Doom. Was worse than that segment. All I can say is the story. I get up every morning to look insane. I know you do find what crime? Do you do this before you have your morning coffee and your eggs or just and she's going to be sentenced at about ten days. They counsel all again again. You know, Nuttlee, don't you little counseling there.
Speaker 11: Red Dog opened up a three game series up against those lowly Rockings tomorrow night. They're playing a double header today in Kansas City. Do it the rain out than the Rocks are good four and eighteen on the season.
Speaker 1: They win a game a week. That's not good. That's it, Rock, Thank you, but thank you. I got some new Welcome back, Rock.
Speaker 6: We missed you, never heard of you, I said, Look when he leaves, just tell make him feel good, say we know about you.
Speaker 1: Rock. We were I'm just saying that's what the coach did. Include the big Blue machine. Caine Cain undefeated on top by he was, he went by Ron Drew Champion helped it. He said, oh my, he's got to cut three more pounds. I said, that's not gonna.
Speaker 11: Happen, like green beans or anything. No say, get me out on store. He just wants a big mac. Wants a big mac and some fries. Willy on the return of the Rock, Yes and sand back in the headlines. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewod Report. Last season for us did not go well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 3: It was an embarrassment.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: The drafts have been embarrassments too, but that's a different issue. Rocky, thank you, Thank you, seg thank you, Yes sir. On seven hundred WLW