Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, kee's Rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, it's not Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: It's Alex he Middleton and Tessa and Chili holding things down for.
Speaker 1: You guys to Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: This Rod Ryan Show to start the week, rod will you bat tomorrow?
Speaker 3: He's touring Saint Jude.
Speaker 2: You guys donate all that money to the Saint Jude Foundation and Rod taking an actual two were of Saint Jude today. But he will be back. We'll be back at full force tomorrow. But Tessa and Chili and I are going to hold things down. Tessa, why don't we get right into Houston's headlines? Do it?
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Good morning to you and Chila and the rest of home room.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk with about weather, because Hurricane Debbie is going to make landfall in Florida. The National Hurricane Center at the latest update reported that it was a Category one storm and it was about seventy miles southeast of Tallahassee with maximum sustained winds of.
Speaker 3: Eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 4: But I think that was probably a later update, So they're really just bracing themselves there in Florida. We'll be talking about weather a lot this morning here in Houston.
Speaker 3: There's going to be a special election.
Speaker 4: It now scheduled to fill the rest of the current term.
Speaker 3: Of Sheila Jackson Lee.
Speaker 4: So Sheila Jackson Lee, who died last month at age thirty four, was a US representative. On Friday, Governor Greg Abbott set the date for November fifth, which is the same day as a general election. So it's a special election that will fill that vacant seat.
Speaker 3: We'll be talking about that this morning.
Speaker 4: Also, it's still a Olympics, guys Olympic season, and of course we put a rundown of the latest viral moments from the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Did you see Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart We're hanging out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, a little horse, prey horse, prey horse.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, pray right, play exactly.
Speaker 4: Cookie Monster was in Paris and brought Martha Stewart a cake for her eighty third birthday, and Snoop was like, genuinely psyched to me, Cookie Monster, I don't think you ever met. Taylor Swift recorded a promo for kick Ass Female Athletes Mobiles Shakarrie Richardson and Katie Ladecci. I got to get into that. See, I gotta get to this bog page. Kind of swifty, am I if I? If I have you heard the songe? You probably know by heart?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right? Lots of lots of cool Olympic moments.
Speaker 4: I also saw a really funny from a tweet from Snoop Dogg. He retweeted someone because apparently someone's mom was like loving Snoop Dogg at the Olympics, and he was like, I just want to remind you, mom that you didn't you grounded me for buying Snoop Dogg CD when I was younger.
Speaker 3: So full circle moment there.
Speaker 4: We're also going to talk about Deadpool and Wolverine, which is treading.
Speaker 3: The box office records?
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 3: Because Wolverine, who's got the claw?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, real quick if you haven't seen it, I got a cameo. Spoiler alert really quick, so it give be like ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, spoiler alert.
Speaker 4: Wesley Snipes what broke two Guinness World records? I know he returned as Blade in Deadpool and Wolverine, so he now has the longest career as a live action Marvel character and the longest gap between character appearances.
Speaker 3: So pretty cool, I Alex, I haven't seen you there.
Speaker 4: Well, now I know she's gonna be on the lookout for Blade the whole time. Wizard sends us this next story that we put on the music blog page, Puddle of MUDs.
Speaker 3: Wes Scantlon was arrested. Okay, so it was just a traffic stop. This is what I don't get. It's just a routine traffic stop.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is like, hey, I maybe have a gun in the car or whatever. Listen, there was an allegation that he had a weapon at the airport. Police were looking for him. They found him, They pulled him over. They asked him to get out of the vehicle. He was like nah. Then he got pepper sprayed. After that, police broke his car window. He was arrested. He did have an outstanding warrant, but now he's got a charge of resisting er s and now he has court again. So anyway, rock and roll though, dude, so metal, so metal. Those are reasons I'd likes what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's fourth Wally Astros fell to the Rays yesterday one nothing. They dropped two of three against Tampa over the weekends and night They're going to open up a three game series with the Rangers on the road. Hunter Brown, I'll be on the map for the Stros going up against the Rangers. Andrew Heeney first pitches at seven oh five, and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talks seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the Olympics.
Speaker 2: The good news because Team USA had a huge weekend in Paris. They added twenty eight more medals to their total over the week, in ten of those being gold. Simone Biles one gold in the vault, Katie Ledecki one gold in the women's eight hundred meter freestyle, spurning Noah Lyles had a pretty amazing win yesterday in the men's one hundred meters. Scottie Scheffler, he all he does is win. He won the gold in the men's golf, and then Kristin Faulkner in gold in women's cycling. She made the team as a sub and then wins gold. Pretty awesome, Awesome. The US now is seventy two total medals, which is the most by far, and nineteen of those are gold. I saw China won a gold this morning, so we were tied with China.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 2: Now we're one behind China. We got track and field all week though, so we're gonna start. We're gonna smoke him.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: In football news, Andre Johnson became the first Texan to ever be inducted first Texans player to ever be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, and can't no higher. You can go watch his full speech on our sports blog page today. That is what's going on in sports. We got four hours of pain and it is a shorthanded rod Ryan Show, but we're gonna get it done.
Speaker 1: We might take a first phone call.
Speaker 2: We'll say what's going on right back after this.
Speaker 1: It's the Rod Ryan Show in ninety for five, the Buzz ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five, the Buzz Foo Fighters and My hero to start off a rod Ryan Liss rod Ryan Show with Alex Tessa and Chile holding things down today. I told you guys earlier, Rod is touring Saint Jude. We do that charity telethon every year raising money for Saint Jude, which is an awesome cause. And Rod's actually getting to go fly to Memphis, Tennessee, to go tour the hospital and tour all of that it's it's a pretty awesome experience that Rod's getting to be a part of. But he'll be back everything. We back to normal tomorrow and Rod will probably have a ton of pictures. I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Well, when we found out that he was touring it, you were like, hey, that's a pretty cool place, and he was like, what, how do you know?
Speaker 3: You grew up there and there was born.
Speaker 2: In Memphis and that's like, they don't take a dime. Saint Jude never takes a dime. That's why we do that telethon with Sonny and all of my heart. Now, yeah, it's an awesome cause so it's a really cool experience that Rod gets to go do that and kind of see how the sausage is made.
Speaker 3: You've got some tour it too, that's cool. We can't wait.
Speaker 4: We can't wait for an update on the pictures. But he also had six picks, so I'm gonna do to Chili.
Speaker 1: I saw he was sending an email, so I'm assuming he did some six picks.
Speaker 2: But we got partly cloudy skies today, highs at ninety six, clear skys tonight, only about a ten percent chance of rain, so it's gonna be hot, it's gonna be humid, and it's to the point in the year where my ac just doesn't cool down the house enough where it's like eighty two, I've got it seventy five. You're like, it's just I'm just gonna sweat now. Yeah, I'm just gonna sweat now. But don't worry because while you're sweating today, we're still gonna be giving away twentieth anniversary tickets to the Rod Ryan Show party.
Speaker 1: Uh the that's fun fact flashback.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna first, he's gonna get a shot at that receive. Steve the Breadman can go for day number two. He's gonna try and win back to back games. We got the Suburbs summer sizzler. Looks like we got Deer Park taken on Kingwood today. Angelica and Michael from Kingwood we facing off.
Speaker 1: We've got a three game day.
Speaker 2: Here on the Rod Ryan Show, and rod decided to take today off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we say you got it. Alex, you gotta finagle that board over there. I'll be here if you need and then Chili being another room if you need him. You just let us know what you need and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Speaker 1: We'll get into this in a little bit.
Speaker 2: But Chili, I didn't see you on Saturday, right, had a little party, a little shindig.
Speaker 1: Oh, I saw him and I missed Chili.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wanted to phtoshop Chili's head on the new baby's head.
Speaker 3: Elle is a new baby.
Speaker 4: But but then Chili showed up later.
Speaker 3: You had to leave a little early.
Speaker 2: The kind of babies, babies can't really go to bars. So when everybody's going.
Speaker 4: To the bar, get a fake idea already, dude, London too.
Speaker 2: The babies need pass it, and then you gotta look like you're of age to be able to pass.
Speaker 1: But we'll get into white Land and night probably top of the next hour.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Yeah, Chili late, probably stayed all night.
Speaker 6: How to work, I had to do like all the pictures from the backpack distributing.
Speaker 7: That's why I was late.
Speaker 4: It's a long day, dude, from distributing backpacks in the morning.
Speaker 3: To like, okay, let's bust it wide open for white Land, Like got a fun day.
Speaker 2: Saturday was a long day. It was a really fun day. And all of that money we raised with the backpacks went to good use and we had to hand out a lot of backpacks to some very neating families.
Speaker 3: But we'll be back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into our game or to see if Steve you go for win number two today right after this, it's the rod Ryan Let's rod Ryan Show, not even by the Buzz.
Speaker 8: Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown the.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. It is a rod Ryan List rod Ryan Show with Alex, Tessa and Chili holding things down. Today we have partly Claudy's guys, highs of ninety six and only about a ten percent chance of rain all day. We're also giving away those twentieth anniversary party tickets coming up in fun fact flashback later this hour.
Speaker 1: But before you get into all of that, so why don't.
Speaker 3: You tell us what's what's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, So I don't know if you guys saw I believe it was Wimbledon.
Speaker 3: Where Who's who?
Speaker 4: Who's the dude who just lost Wimbledon to Al Karaz It was Djokovic, Djokovic, Novak.
Speaker 3: Djokovic the Yi Center.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it was Carlos Alkarez and Novak Djokovic At Wimbledon the.
Speaker 1: Gold medal game yesterday.
Speaker 4: Right, so Carlos beat Novak's ass in Wimbledon, Like it was embarrassing. It was like this dude is passing the torch. Novak is done well. Yesterday they were the gold medal match and that's the only thing on Djokovic record on his resume that he like doesn't have.
Speaker 1: They were who so yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh, Djokovic like won the sets, wins the gold is like crying, He's on his knees, really really cheerful moment for him. He's like, this is the only thing he hasn't done. Yeah, I mean, so that was That was a pretty cool thing. Artistic gymnastics also trending the Olympic. We do have Olympic blog page going on right now.
Speaker 3: And look in walks. How when I'm talking about the trend on stock market track?
Speaker 4: Uh, stock market crash, global markets tumble?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Good about yourself?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Japan's stocks take the largest dive since Black Monday of nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Wow, my very bad.
Speaker 4: News are what that's what's trending on ninety four to five the buzz Hey hell.
Speaker 2: Wow, we had Steve the bread Man came into our lives on Friday, and I believe we've got his victory speech.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody, This is Steve's a bread Man. I am your fresh out of bed head to Head one day champion. Join you on Monday. I'llve be up dark and early and make your win. Number two, bitches, do.
Speaker 2: You think you can take out the bread Man? What is the opposite of bread?
Speaker 3: Water?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you the water man or water woman? Are you butter?
Speaker 1: Can you butter that toast? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Call in if you think you can take down the bread Man? Seven one, three, two and two five nine five. We're playing Fresh out of Bed Head to Head right after.
Speaker 9: This ro Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, popa roach and kill the noise on a rod Ryan This Rod Ryan Show. I am Alex P with my good friend Tessa and Chili holding things down and let's not waste some more time. Stook it right into it.
Speaker 1: We get we got a game.
Speaker 5: Play and now it's time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners, let's.
Speaker 2: Uh spring our champion. Steve the bread Man. How's it going, dude? Good morning home, or good morning buddy. How is your weekend?
Speaker 9: It's fantabulous.
Speaker 10: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 1: Do you know what the opposite of bread is? No, it's mold.
Speaker 3: It's mold.
Speaker 2: We decided that over to the song. Oh no, I don't know why I said, what is the opposite of bread? Tessa, there's no answer to that. There's no answer to that. Let's see who Steve's about to take on today while he's going for Winter two. We got a Oh I think we got music for this guy. Hold on, Oh it's Sean Connery.
Speaker 1: Is that you doub below?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Hi, how's it going.
Speaker 3: We're doing great? Long time, no talk? You think you can?
Speaker 4: Steve the Breadman took out fresh Jacob Bailey turned him into one point Trump.
Speaker 3: You might do the same to Steve.
Speaker 2: We don't know. Nobody knows. But we'll find out, now, won't we. Yeah, let's ask, we'll find out.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Let's get right into the game. Just get ready, all right, So listen to Tessa and say your name. When you are ready to answer the.
Speaker 3: Question, how, please put your phone down. Wally Yagging around Steve, and.
Speaker 10: You can carry your money over here.
Speaker 3: Okay, and wait, what is double a seven?
Speaker 7: Shout out?
Speaker 2: He's me saying Sean.
Speaker 4: Okay, Sean, So you listen for Steve and Sean not double of seven and and Steve?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Question number one?
Speaker 5: He loved Steve?
Speaker 3: You like Sean.
Speaker 11: She didn't say my name is Steve?
Speaker 6: Did?
Speaker 3: I thought I heard Sean? Okay, So so Steve, did you say Sean?
Speaker 9: No, that wasn't me.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 9: I heard Sean. I didn't hear Steve.
Speaker 12: Se okay, Sean thought I thought you guys name there first, I'll say Houston.
Speaker 3: Then that is correct. You guys are weird.
Speaker 4: But the full question was who starved with Kevin cost in the nineteen ninety two film The Bodyguard.
Speaker 2: So Sean, that got the question.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess let me ram John, can you reach okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did anybody curse?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I hit the dump button because I thought I heard somebody say yes.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, awesome, guys, Please don't curse.
Speaker 3: Rod's not here.
Speaker 4: All right, this is more difficult, all right here, all right, let's go. Question number two, which breed of dog Steve, Steve, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Let's go with go and retriever.
Speaker 4: This is not correct, left a little too much. Yeah, full question going to Sean Connery. Which breed of dog was featured on fashionable skirts in the fifties?
Speaker 11: Remember answer me?
Speaker 3: That is wrong? Hell do you know the answer to this?
Speaker 10: Unfortunately?
Speaker 3: What is it.
Speaker 2: Before?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Get your asked to the sock cop.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: Question number three. I thought it was great, Thank you. Question number three? What type of animal was harambe?
Speaker 3: Steve? Yeah, yeah, we'll accept a gorilla?
Speaker 4: We got it, Thank you? All right, r I P harambe? Okay. Next question another movie question guys, it's a little hint for you. What movie is all about the leg Sean?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 6: What movie is all about?
Speaker 3: The three?
Speaker 11: Two?
Speaker 1: Steve gets the full questions?
Speaker 3: Steve, full question for you?
Speaker 4: What movie is all about the legend of Ron Burgundy?
Speaker 9: That would be Anchorman?
Speaker 3: Oh you see.
Speaker 4: You can't get caught steing Sean Lightning?
Speaker 12: Brother?
Speaker 7: That was that was quick. Appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Remember Testa at the bug dot com for these questions.
Speaker 4: I don't not complain about a game you won, bro, I know you're not and that you cussed.
Speaker 9: On well hold on I'm listen to the podcast on that one.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, listen, Sean, what do you got to let you go buddy thirty days bro?
Speaker 1: You alright, Steve, that was a close one.
Speaker 4: All right, Steve, me and you. We got to record a victory speech. It's gonna be great, got it?
Speaker 2: All right, Let's see if we can make it through that We've got right after this with some fun facts.
Speaker 1: It's throughout Ryan Show and I provide the buzz.
Speaker 7: I am ready to rock this summer. How many soas did you have with rock Ryan Show?
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five?
Speaker 2: The buzz that's the gorillas and Clint Eastwood after what hell? All the fresh out of bed head to head challenge we just had right there. We've been cutting victory speeches the whole time. Let's let's just get right into it.
Speaker 5: Test out a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody. This is Steve the Breadman and I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champion. That was definitely the worst question in the history of this game. Testa join me tomorrow and test Tuesday for more some wacky hijinks bitches. Oh and Testa just at it. It will be win number three there.
Speaker 1: He yeah, dropping. He was hating on your questions so much that it just threw her off while we were getting the victories.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 4: We also didn't mention banger questions tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Also didn't mention what he won. He wanted rod Ryan Show t shirt. He's gonna love it. He's gonna he's gonna love it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: He is a rod Ryan, this rod Ryan Show. We're powering through. Let's get into some fun facts, all right. Okay, it's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart, Buddy's fu to the day.
Speaker 10: Well, we got choose to redeem yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, No pressure, all right, no pressure, no pressure, no pressure.
Speaker 3: Oh more movies, lots of movies right now.
Speaker 4: The first movie with a CGI character as the lead.
Speaker 1: Role was Roger, who framed Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 3: No, he was not CGI. He was an actual tune. Any guesses, I don't have a gat. You always know the should it's Casper. Casper.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety five, I had the biggest crush on Devin Sawa when he was dancing.
Speaker 3: With Christina Ritchie. It was so romantic. No ghosts ever come hant me that are hot like that?
Speaker 7: Casper, Yeah you were.
Speaker 1: He's a child.
Speaker 3: It was a child, Okay.
Speaker 4: Ernest goes to Jail and The Green Mile were filmed at the same abandoned prison in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: That's it's like the most that's what.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's near Memphis, right, He's.
Speaker 2: Just gonna step by on the way to Saint Jude. Maybe he'll see the Green Mile prison.
Speaker 3: This is like the un serious movie.
Speaker 4: Ernest goes to Jail and then The Green Mile, which will make you cry and like traumatize you a little bit, both filmed at the same place.
Speaker 3: Crazy. Okay, yeah, maybe he will swing by. How okay? Uh, did you know the.
Speaker 4: Reason karate belts go from like white to yellow to orange to green to blue, purple to brown to red to black.
Speaker 2: Because you get a new belt when you advance.
Speaker 4: No. Back then, the fighters used to only be able to afford one belt, so they would dye it.
Speaker 3: They would just keep dying it dark.
Speaker 4: It would go white, yellow, orange, and they could make that subtle change without having to purchase a new belt.
Speaker 3: Very economical, very smart.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's neat that's all you.
Speaker 2: Maybe you redeemed yourself there. Maybe God fuck back to the day we make you look smart.
Speaker 3: It's to the day. Oh wait, this is a big prize.
Speaker 4: A pair passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party on October twelfth at carboch Growing lots of performances.
Speaker 3: You cannot buy your way in. You gotta win your way in.
Speaker 5: It's your fun.
Speaker 2: I gotta remember all the way back to Friday. What you got all?
Speaker 4: You gotta tell me what the chuck in chuck Norris for is short for? And I'm not gonna I'm not gonna give you any hints. Tell me what the chuck in chuck Norris is short for.
Speaker 3: It's your question, right there? All right?
Speaker 2: Two and two, five, nine, four or five. You could be going to that twenty year anniversary party. Let's get into rockout. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. That's you.
Speaker 10: How Yeah, yeah, I thought you might want to skip this.
Speaker 2: How are things going out?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Play it on me.
Speaker 13: Okay, So Friday the daw was down six hundred and ten point street. Yeah, kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand, seven thirty seven NASDAK down four hundred and seventeen to sixteen thousand, seven seventy six.
Speaker 2: I know your four to one case, hih, that's not great.
Speaker 13: The ten benchmark ten Your treasury trades at a three point seventy five percent in oil?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 13: Seventy two dollars twenty eight cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs United Health, mickey 's and Procter and Gamble. The big duds Intel, Amazon, and Amex on the economic Condar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the ISM Services Index for July.
Speaker 10: Right now.
Speaker 13: Futures ugly throw on the downside can almost turn this baby around.
Speaker 10: That's it. I'm in here.
Speaker 13: This is highly a manager director with Raymond James reporting for The Rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on sand Flip and Gusta not forget toys, rock out with your stock out Viman's.
Speaker 8: Expressed a those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James associates. Thank come Ember, nyoc AS, IBC, I, ARNT Radio.
Speaker 3: Or A sponsors.
Speaker 8: Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to yourm This program is for educational and informational serposes on listss are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Finance ninety four or five. The bus.
Speaker 2: It is a rod Ryan List rod Ryan Show this Monday morning with Alex, Tessa and Chili holding things down. Today we got partly cloudy skies highs of ninety six is gonna be a hot one out there, and a ten percent chance of rain all throughout the day. We're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Into Houston's headlines. Before that, we got maybe the biggest ticket.
Speaker 11: Of the year.
Speaker 2: Keep we're saying to give away right now. It's our Fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 1: It looks like we got Warren on the fun with us. What's up, Warren?
Speaker 3: Hey, how's it going pretty good?
Speaker 1: How about you, buddy?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm doing that right now.
Speaker 1: Let's see how you'll be doing after this question?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: TESTA what you got for him?
Speaker 3: Okay, you just got to tell me, wait, what did I know?
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 3: Good one?
Speaker 4: You just have to tell me what the chuck and Chuck Norris is short for.
Speaker 3: Short for Carlos.
Speaker 4: That's right, it's not Charles, it's Carlos, Norris, Carlos.
Speaker 3: Yes you Tim okay, would you get the passes?
Speaker 2: Orange?
Speaker 4: You are going to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelfth.
Speaker 3: This is going to be such a dope time.
Speaker 4: Give you a pair of passes because you grab that backfat got.
Speaker 3: A hold of it and you knew it.
Speaker 2: Congrats, Thank you very much, Thank you give me the party of the year. You yet shine down October is sublime. Theory of a dead man, the exes. You can only win these tickets. But Warren's going and uh, you know what, tomorrow somebody else can join Warren at that twentieth anniversary party. We're gonna play you, guys, litle bit of music. We're gonna come right back. We're gonna tell you what's in Houston's headlines right after this. It's the rod Ryaniss rod Ryan Show, ninety fo five The Buzz, Hey Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 4: Ninety four point five to the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: The rod Rodian Show on ninety four five, Wake out the.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, the Offspringer, why don't you get a job on a Rod Ryan List Rod Ryan Show. It's Alex, Tessa and Chili holding down the fort. Today Rod is touring Saint Jude the Hospital in Memphis. He's gonna be back tomorrow so the show'll be back at full strength. This is not a day off. I know some of you guys are like, oh what, Rod's not having a day off. He's he's working today. He's seeing what he goes on. How the sausage has made it Saint Jude. Man, this is a great thing that he's doing. And we don't need you giving him any crap port Okay, right, he's up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all we're saying. Back off.
Speaker 2: But yeah, happy Monday, everybody, Happy Monday, Tessa, what are Youuston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Okay, lot's going on.
Speaker 4: Hurricane Debbie has made landfall in Florida, and the National Hurricane Center says it's a Category one storm. It's come a short in Florida's Big Bend area with eighty mile per hour winds. We know how destructive that win and all.
Speaker 1: That stuff can be, so Category one still is terrifying.
Speaker 2: Right, It's awful.
Speaker 3: It's awful.
Speaker 4: And because of that hurricane, thousands of flights across the country are being disrupted.
Speaker 3: That includes here in Texas.
Speaker 4: There are delays reported at Houston Airports, Austin Airports, DFW, San Antonio. The Department of Transportation says passengers are entitled to refunds for canceled flights. It's like, yeah, dude, of course they are giving my money back. That shouldn't Yeah, okay. Let's also talk about that Santa Fe High School shooter. That trial is still going on. So day two of the trial was on Friday. It's expected to resume today.
Speaker 3: It is a.
Speaker 4: Civil trial against the parents of the shooter. The gun been accused of killing ten people in that twenty eighteen Santa Fe High School shooting. It's expected to last three weeks and that is something that we're gonna monitor. It's a big national case. A lot of eyes on that it's happening in Galveston County. We also let's switch gears here a little bit, because we have on the food blog page a.
Speaker 3: Budget Cool Stuff.
Speaker 4: Seven eleven is going announce that they're going to have a Pumpkin Spice slurpy this fall.
Speaker 3: That sounds disgusting.
Speaker 4: But if you're into pumpkin spice and slurpees, hey, now's your time to shine. Also, I do kind of like the cold drink pumpkin option. It doesn't always get very cold, like right when fall hits around here. So yeah, you want something colder but want to get in the fall season, go for it.
Speaker 3: Go for it. It's all you. Also, there's more food news.
Speaker 4: There was this dude who felt a sharp pain while eating his taco bell meal and there was a nose ring in his taco. It was a nose ring. You know a lot of these kids, they got a lot of piercings. You gotta cover those up. Alex's face.
Speaker 2: The grosses, like an ear ring is not great, but like nos ring, that's definitely that's nasty. Probably pretty smuch.
Speaker 4: Also, oh you'll love this. You love a good troll. There was a fancy restaurant that pranked influencers, like like all these influencers like, oh, we'd like to invite you to this restaurants just opening up fine dining, five star all.
Speaker 3: They just watched The Bear. They're like doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they're going to do their influencer thing and they just served them instant.
Speaker 3: Ramen and they loved it. They loved it.
Speaker 4: The influencers were like, you guys, look at these noodles and it's like, bro, those are definitely just ramen noodles. But anyway, yeah, so all that stuff on the food blog page.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite things we do that.
Speaker 2: There's a it was a documentary on Netflix called Sour Grapes and the guy pretended to be a smaller a and he would just mix bad wines together, like and look at the tannins on this, and he was just like, people that are so full of themselves just will say it's great on any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: You're low key.
Speaker 4: You could can be like as long as it's in a beautiful glass, just like you could put mud in.
Speaker 3: There, I'd be like, this is luxury.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about Elon Musk. He says his new company, Neuralink not new. His company, Neuralink, has put a brain implant into a second patient.
Speaker 3: This is a device.
Speaker 4: Neuralink aims to that aims to allow paralyzed people to use digital devices with their thoughts. Must says the implantation was successful and that Neurallink plans to implant eight more patients this year. Remember the first guy, he was kind of like doing different stuff.
Speaker 3: I think it didn't work out. I think, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the capabilities were lost or what. But it's so weird because that's out of the news cycle, and they're like, okay, the second the second brain implant and second it's like, can we have a little more information on the first guy?
Speaker 3: You did this stuff? Yeah? Okay, anyway, I'll do some digging, you know what.
Speaker 1: Let me do Let me do that.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Aerosmith because they have retired from touring.
Speaker 3: Can you believe this? Okay?
Speaker 4: So Aerosmith says they're officially done. They made the announcement on Friday, saying it was a really difficult decision to retire after it became clear Stephen Tyler's voice is too damage to perform live. Last year, it was reported that he had mangled his vocal chords while on the group's peace Out Farewell tour. I mean he's not These notes that he hits are difficult. I mean he is singing now. Aerosmith says, despite having some of the best doctors around him, that Tyler's voice is just never gonna sound the same.
Speaker 2: Would you say, his boy, his vocal cords are worse and worse shape than his feet.
Speaker 3: Ooh oh see, now that's a poll question.
Speaker 2: Rod's not here, Go go google Steven Tyler's feet. If you haven't, Wow, you.
Speaker 4: Really you really want this is you really are carrying that tour for to good? You're doing good? Bud okay, h those are shes some headlines that you got in sports, well, not great in baseball. Astros Fellow the Rays yesterday one and nothing. They dropped two of three against Tampa over the weekend. Tonight, they're going to open up a three game series with the Rangers on the road. Hunter Brown'll be on the mountain for detro Is going up against the Rangers. Andrew Heeney first pitches at seven oh five, and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talks seven ninety.
Speaker 2: In the Olympics, we had a pretty awesome weekend there, a huge weekend for Team USA in Paris. USA added twenty eight more medals to their total, ten of those being gold. Some highlights from the weekend Simone Biles one gold in the vault, Katie the Decky got goal undred meter freestyle sprinter Noah Lyles one gold in the men's one hundred meters, and Scottie Scheffler.
Speaker 1: All he does is whin. He won gold in the men's golf event.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 2: US now has seventy two total medals, which is the most by far. We have nineteen of those being gold, just one behind China. We were tied with China last night. With China, I guess one one this morning. So we're sneaking up on the Chinese right now. Yeah, we're gonna dominate.
Speaker 1: We're gonna win the Olympics. Don't worry creeping.
Speaker 2: In football, Andre Johnson became the first Houston Texans player ever to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday in Canton, Ohio. You can go watch his full speech on the sports blog page today. And in soccer, HOUSTONYNAFC is gonna be back on the pitch tonight. They'll host Reale Salt Lake in a League's Cup game that's gonna kick off at eight o'clock and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports. We got three more hours of pain on a rod Ryan Liss, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: We got pit tickets to see Limp Biscuit with.
Speaker 2: Corey Feldman and Riff Raff coming up in the next hour, So stay tuned on this Rod Ryanless Show on ninety five The.
Speaker 7: Buzz, The Ryan Morning Show, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, Ceither and Remedy on a rod Ryan Liss Rod Ryan Show on ninety five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Happy Monday, everybody. I hope you had an awesome weekend.
Speaker 2: We got partly cloudy skies today with highs of ninety six, just about a ten percent chance of rain. You don't want to stay tuned all morning. We got a pair of pit tickets to see Limp Biscuit, Corey Feldman and Riffraff coming up this hour. And we also have a special guest joining us today from the Rod Ryan Show himself.
Speaker 1: It is Rod Ryan and how's it going, buddy?
Speaker 11: Well, good morning, guys. How is everything going so smooth?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't even believe how sweet? Have no idea You're not even here.
Speaker 11: Well, you know I can hear though, you know, I'm like still in town. I can listen, So this is this is smooth?
Speaker 3: Well you get it? Then, of course, of course.
Speaker 1: It's great for Monday Monday.
Speaker 10: Show.
Speaker 3: How are you doing well?
Speaker 12: I knew as soon as I started talking to you guys, food was going to take a big steamer.
Speaker 14: I'm taking her just I'm taking her for a walk around the plot. As soon as she hears Hey, rod Ryan come out of the air, She's like, Okay, that's my cue. So yeah, my dog's currently stinking up the heights right now, so yeah, I'm just taking her out for a quick walk and then boom, I'm out of here. Alex, I heard you mention that I'm going to Saint Jude's Hospital today, and this is kind of a thing that was I don't know, it was set up a while ago, and it's just we do more and more now with the buzz, We're doing more and more now with Saint Jude Sunny Down. The Hall has been doing a lot with them, but they really want to get us involved, so they kind of want me to see everything how the organization works. I believe Alex used the term just to prove that I'm listening how the sausage is made.
Speaker 11: I think that's what you said this.
Speaker 3: Morning, kids into sausage. I wanted to clarify that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a good call on that.
Speaker 10: So yeah.
Speaker 12: So it's just it had to happen during the week, it had to happen today, and so I'm going to be in and out.
Speaker 11: It's weird. It's traveling.
Speaker 12: I feel like people are going to be looking at me because I don't have any luggage. I'm so I'm traveling there. I'll be back tonight at nine o'clock and then you know, we'll do everything that we do tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 11: Did you guys get my six picks?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: Right now, thumbs up.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 11: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 12: I think this is something that people are going to want to maybe take a look at. Here I am pushing the website. But Alex's babies public debut. It was the first time that I think L had gone out in public. Uh so, m L and Alex, all three Middletons were at the White Linen party on Saturday night.
Speaker 11: Man, that baby is awesome, dude, congratulations.
Speaker 2: Thanks dude. It was good to kind of get to introduce her everybody. Finally, I just feel like I get to talk to guys about her, and I was like, no, this is what she looks like she does.
Speaker 12: But I mean, everybody knows Alex from the show, and listen, everybody's growing up, everyone's getting a little bit older and all of that fun stuff. To see Alex holding a baby that is is still gonna take some getting used.
Speaker 2: To holding the baby takes getting used to it. I still feel weird. I'm like, this is mine now, all right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're not just holy a baby. You're holding your baby, which is wild, but no, it was. It was awesome. So obviously the backpacked distribution on Saturday morning was unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Thirty five hundred backpacks.
Speaker 12: I think they told us such a silly number, forty six thousand backpacks now in the fifteen years that we've been working with Houston Children's Charity. So yeah, another thirty five hundred backpacks were given out, and Buddy came out and my daughter was a maniac and you know, she definitely dia. Tessa got her all hopped up, gave her about twenty five freezy pops and then okay, I gotta go, guys, so sure's up.
Speaker 11: And then there was additional sugar.
Speaker 12: Hang on a second, there was there was the freezy pops, and then there was something else on top of that.
Speaker 10: What was that she.
Speaker 4: Had a honey butter chicken biscuit earlier?
Speaker 11: There was some, there was some yourself.
Speaker 1: You left sugar.
Speaker 4: We were just taking breaks. It was hot, we were just taking snack breaks. It was fine, it was great. We had an energy, we were amped up. We got the back, we got it done. We got it done.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, it was. It was absolutely awesome. So thank you to the greatest listeners in the world. I really appreciate you guys coming through for us again this year. I'm going to keep the store open for a couple more days, just anything that I can kind of get anything, any more money that I can get because.
Speaker 11: We are still a little short, but that's okay.
Speaker 12: And then you guys are doing Jim Adler coming up the Texas Hammer Game. You guys are doing the Summer the Suburb of Summer Sisler.
Speaker 11: Everything's laid out.
Speaker 2: For you, three game day, just like normal.
Speaker 11: Love it.
Speaker 3: I got one last question, flying you get to play private today?
Speaker 2: No, dude, you get on a people own.
Speaker 1: Business class like first class.
Speaker 7: No, I don't don't roll like that.
Speaker 10: I don't know what the heck.
Speaker 1: You're going to the same day I'm assuming you're flying private, you know.
Speaker 11: Oh that is not the case at all. Regular, Regular, What did I download? I downloaded some movies?
Speaker 12: Oh well, you know, Keessen, did you watch that documentary on Ashley Madison?
Speaker 4: No, but you know what, Rod, Hey, if you have time, I didn't watch that one.
Speaker 3: But there is a new one that just came out. It's called Mountain Queen.
Speaker 4: I know you and how are always talking about like the Shirpas and Everest. There's this crazy story. Please watch that movie so we could talk about it.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: It's a documentary.
Speaker 11: Is it on Netflix?
Speaker 2: On Netflix?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 12: The Nickelback documentary is finally on Netflix too, so I'm want.
Speaker 11: To check that out.
Speaker 2: Okay, well just all right, guys, all right, buddy, have a safe flight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm gonna head to the airport.
Speaker 10: Hold it down.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys for always stepping up.
Speaker 3: Yep, we'll talk to you to see you soon later, all right.
Speaker 2: And that was the Rod Ryan, famously known from The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we are on right now. I'm looking at his six picks.
Speaker 2: They are up.
Speaker 4: Chili got him up, and it was Rod You know what, he's an accessory guy at parties like he comes, He's like, here, put this bracelet on, put on this necklace, bracelets.
Speaker 3: On, flight up rings, all this stuff.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, it's a party like it is, Reelly.
Speaker 2: He's a guy.
Speaker 3: It was a really good time.
Speaker 1: Oh he's a vibe guy. And you know who also is a big vibe guy. Call May how to win the best game in Houston?
Speaker 3: Who wants it?
Speaker 2: Not a much bigger vibe guy, Baby Adler the Texas Hammer And if you can correctly guess the Texas Hammer lyrics today, you're gonna be going to see Limp Biscuit, Corey Feldman and Riffraff this Sunday, August eleventh at the Woodlands. Are you ready to take on the Hammer? Well, if you're stay tuned through this break, it's the rod Ryan Show ninety for by the Bus Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 7: Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show Bus ninety four or five buys.
Speaker 2: It is a rod Ryan, This rod Ryan Show with Alex Tests and Chili holding things down today. You just heard rod earlier this hour talking about going to Saint Jude to check out all of that today. He'll be back tomorrow, so we'll be back at full strength. We got a game coming up. We're gona play the Texas Hammer game in just a little bit, but testing before we do that, want to tell us what's trending well.
Speaker 4: I also want to tell me if they put butter all over the damn balance.
Speaker 3: Beam because half of the.
Speaker 4: People competing in it, the women's gymnastics fell off.
Speaker 3: This is a big spoiler alert.
Speaker 4: Guys, Sunny Lee and Simone Biles both fell off of the beam when it was their turn to go. And like I said, they weren't the only ones over the half of the competitors that had qualified fell off. So I believe the Italian gymnast, one of the Italian gymnasts one and she was like one of the only people who could stay on the damn beam. Today, I think the same thing was happening with the men on high bars, Like there was a lot of falls.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of falls a gymnast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So is it like does someone just go put like olive oil everywhere they're in Paris?
Speaker 2: You know, you never know.
Speaker 4: Also, Kyle Welch is a pretty uh interactive listener of ours. He says, Alex Tessa, my nephew is on the Lamar Little League team. They are playing on ESPN at two to see who advances to the championship game. The winner of the championship goes to the Little League World Series. So congratulations, yeah, congratulations to him, to you to Lamar, and we'll be rooting on it because we really really always support the home team. Another thing that is trending for us. All the blog pages that Chili put up are doing well. But you guys got to go check out the milk Monday. There is Rod six picks. There's the pole vaulter who lost out on a medal because he's packing. He's packing, and that's I'm just gonna leave it at that. I'm gonna leave it at that, And that is what's trending on ninety four five the buys. Let's get right into our game. Then this is Dan Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 7: With Ron Ryan on.
Speaker 2: But he's waiting.
Speaker 4: Just want to remind you guys, this is for pit tickets to see Limp Biscuit, but bones Nate, no face, Corey Feldman and Riff Raft.
Speaker 3: So Alex, let's get into it all right.
Speaker 1: It looks like we got Richie Richie. How's it going, dude?
Speaker 10: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: Both to play the Texas Hammer game?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, you can hear everything, okay.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Correct, I'm trying to make sure that the boards all set up. Rod usually does this. All right, here we go. I'm gonna play you some lyrics from the Texas Hammer and you're going to dead to tell me the song and the band that he is reciting the lyrics from.
Speaker 1: You got that?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Let's let's run that back.
Speaker 3: That was on me?
Speaker 2: That was on me, all right? I had my my audio low right there. All right, we're trying that again. Here we go, I.
Speaker 10: Start again, and whatever pain might come to.
Speaker 2: Tell you that hands.
Speaker 1: You got that one?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I heard it?
Speaker 10: I think so?
Speaker 9: Is it Lincoln Park what I've done?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Are you a big Lincoln Parks fan?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: I got to see them right before he passed away, and that was That was incredible.
Speaker 9: But yeah, probably one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 5: Definitely the best new metal band.
Speaker 2: There's times where you can tell, like if somebody's googling it. I feel like in this game, you just immediately knew that one. It's pretty That was pretty great. That was pretty great. All right, Richie, You're going to see Limp Biscuit, Corey Fellman and Riffraff this Sunday at the Woods in the PA.
Speaker 7: That's awesome.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, our pleasure.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, dude, congratulations, Hello, the job on the Texas Cable Game.
Speaker 3: Thought that pretty quick.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Show, Mornings on.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four to five, the buzz, Lincoln Park and what I've done, as read to you by the Texas Hammer. Before that, it was Richie that got that. He was the first caller. Very rarely do we have the first caller get the words right, and he nailed it big Lincoln Park. Fin, He's going to see Limp Biscuit, Corey Feldman and Riffraff this Sunday. We got a ten percent chance of rain all day long. It looks like it's going to be a high of ninety six, a hot one today and partly cloudy sky's clear skies tonight low of seventy eight, So strap in it's gonna be warm out there again.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be very warm out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was. I'm disimpressed.
Speaker 2: When Lincoln Park is is we have used the Lincoln Park for the Texas Hamburg game a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Park has so many songs we play.
Speaker 2: On the buzz where it's hard to remember all like it could be any Lincoln Park song. It's certain tis like red.
Speaker 3: Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 1: If there's a red Hot Chili Pepper song, there's multiples we play on there. Sometimes you know, it's if you get.
Speaker 2: Broken by Lonely the Band, that'll be okay, there's only one song we play from Lonely the Band on the buzz you can get that. But yeah, Lincoln Park, that was impressive. Well done, Richie. I was looking at this during the song and felt like, maybe bring this up. But most expensive concerts per minute, which is an interesting way I think to look at oh like breaking out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you break down how much you spend on that, because I think a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Are looking at how much money all of these concerts are costing. Now where you're saying, hey, Taylor Swift has a billion dollar concert tickets that you get, but Taylor Swift is one of the most economical I bet yeah.
Speaker 3: She plays for three and a half hours.
Speaker 2: And she plays the longest out of ay, but three hours and twenty one minutes her concert's average. So if you were to just break down the amount of time they play and the amount of money their tickets cost, Bruno Mars's one two dollars and nineteen cents per minute for a Bruno Mars show, Yeah, pretty pretty crazy. You two is two dollars and twelve cents per minute, followed by Drake who we don't talk about anymore, but he's one dollar eighty one cents per minute, and then the Rolling Stones is one seventy eight would I would have thought that maybe Bruce Springsteen would have been up the because doesn't he do like four hour shows?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he has a lot. He has a lot of I guess, stamina when it comes to the stage. You know, some artists like will play and play and play.
Speaker 3: I really like that. Are you a fan of that?
Speaker 2: Like like Taylor Swift does the three hours where she scheduled all this stuff out, She plans all of this.
Speaker 1: She wants it to be a whole experience.
Speaker 2: I like that. I think when you spend that kind of money on there, you're like, I know what I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because there's nothing worse than when you go and you see a banick?
Speaker 3: Was that a did you play.
Speaker 2: A thirty minute set? You're supposed to be the headline of what were we doing here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I also think all of her albums have like really fun themes, so you know, I mean yeah, so like what you're getting in one era is going to be so different, And you can also kind of time your brakes out like that, like you know what I mean, Like actually, okay, like folklore not really more of a reputation girl, you know what I mean, more of a like getting crazy the folklore, which is really softer. I know that's one of EMA's favorite eras, but like that's when I'll.
Speaker 3: Take my little break. I like to plant it out like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I feel like you're getting your money's worth with Tata. But I remember Billie Eilish saying like no one should be playing for three hours, Like some people might feel that way, like hey, that's way too long of a concert, like I'm trying to get home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see both sides of it. We're like, all right, look is this concert going to go until midnight? If you start the show at five and the show goes until nine, and it's a little bit different, but it depends on the situation. I guess Blink one eighty two is seventh on our list of a dollar fifty three per minute. The best concert I've ever seen is Blank to where they were at Toyota Center last time. That was awesome, and yeah, that was worth every penny. I didn't pay anything. Wizard gave me four seats, but that would have been that would have been worth every penny of that. Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, and Morgan Wallin top out the top eight of that list, and then I saw Dead in Company and Guns N' Roses were right under Taylor Swift on the length of concerts, Dead in Company goes about three hours as well as Guns n' Roses. They just do just under three hours, which is pretty awesome. And Guns and Roses is getting up this. That's pretty awesome that they're just doing that. Dead and Company, you're they're probably probably on drugs. Just vibe in the whole time right keeps you so young.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can't imagine, like I try to do a workout class after my long days. I try to do workout classes like for an hour long, so I'm like, okay, for an hour, go in and sweat and like move around, move your body. I can't imagine having to like show up and be like we come here for four hours, right, and we try to give our best when we show up, and we try to like make people laugh and be silly.
Speaker 3: But like being on.
Speaker 4: That long jamming, like giving like the exchange of energy is just so insane to me, Like it's so that people just locked in on you, like all eyes on you. Three hours, let's go. It's it's insane. It's very impressive. It's very impressive.
Speaker 2: What do you think, like just speaking of like the time spent and then the time that the show goes.
Speaker 3: What is the ideal length of a set.
Speaker 2: For a band?
Speaker 10: To you?
Speaker 1: I would say like an hour.
Speaker 3: No, I would say that I would take me two hours. So give me two hours. I feel like I'm cool with an hour.
Speaker 1: Give me a solid, kick ass hour.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Obviously, if it's my favorite bands or bands that I really really want to go see, then I want a little bit longer. But I like the hour. Then you're like, are you doing an encore? They walked off the stage, are they Oh they're coming back? Yeah, you get three month longs.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Yeah, I guess two hours is a little long. Two hours is a little long, but I'm trying to think of it. But there's no intermission. So that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's trying to time out your your breaks and you and your refill That's what I'm thinking of. I'm like, Okay, I need to have two beers in my hand when this song is playing, because that's how I'm gonna be the happiest.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because I'd rather you be too short on something and leave me wanting more than be like, all right, I'm done with this show.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, that's the way I look at it.
Speaker 10: True. True.
Speaker 2: Got to be what you guys think, what's your ideal link at Rod Ryan Show? What's your ideal link of a concert? Like put an hour, hour and a half two plus and then three plus. So that's those are some good answers right there. The Rod Ryanist rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz, The d Ryan Show celebrating twenty years on ninety four five, The Bus, ninety four to five, The Buzz, three Days, Grace and never too Late on a Rod Ryan Show without Rod Today, he's in Memphis touring Saint Jude, but he'll be back tomorrow, so the show'll be go back at full strength. But it's me, Alex, pe Tessa and Chili holding things down for you today. We already played two games. We've had an action packed morning so far and we're.
Speaker 3: Not even done.
Speaker 2: We're not even down with hab Well Summer Sizzler coming up next, we get Deer Park taken on Kingwood.
Speaker 1: We also have a pair.
Speaker 2: Of pit tickets to see I Prevail a Hailstorm with special guests Hollywood, I'm Dead and know the show we're gonna be giving with Weezer and Flaming Lips tickets, tons of prizes to giveaway.
Speaker 1: So if you're like, well, where's Rod, Where's Rod? Just stay tuned.
Speaker 3: We si that awesome stuff to give away.
Speaker 2: And it looks like people are pretty lenient on how long bands are playing from the emails they've seen, from the tweets I've seen people just want people to play the hits. They're like, Metallica can play three hours, just play the hits.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 4: So Alex Oh the official Alex Number two big fan of passa Gravy Podcast.
Speaker 1: NBP of last year's Gravy Sports on.
Speaker 4: The Eggs, you said my ideal concert length is six point nine hours, So thank you company show for sure, thank you for your input on this. Right now, only about twenty people voted. We just popped this on like three minutes ago. What is the ideal length of a concert?
Speaker 2: So far?
Speaker 4: Two hours is the majority. Fifty two percent of people say two hours is perfect length, thirty one percent say one and a half hours, and fifteen percent say over three hours.
Speaker 2: I'm always liked to be funny. You just do like a bar show, but be a four and a half hour band. Just be a cover band that does four and a half hours, Like what is going on here? Dude?
Speaker 4: If someone books your band at a bar and they're just paying for vibes, like just whatever song you've ever seen, Twinkles, Twinkle a Little Star, like just don't stop singing, like I.
Speaker 3: Paid you for vibes.
Speaker 2: Do the like prom bands if you have a live band, promtly like you have to play the whole night, right, You're supposed.
Speaker 4: To like live bandit prom I'm like a DJ, Like I want to hear the songs we play in the locker room.
Speaker 3: I want to hear the songs.
Speaker 4: That we ran out to like, I don't want to hear a cover of girls, just want to have fun by my.
Speaker 1: Neighbors loud adjacent.
Speaker 3: Mindy Ralper.
Speaker 2: We do have our poll question up at the Rod at rod Ryan Show on Twitter or the X, whichever you call it. I still call it Twitter, But go go fill that out, go answer our pole question. We'll be right back with Houston's headlines after this on The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The rod.
Speaker 8: Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, It's some forty one and Landmines.
Speaker 1: On The Rod Ryan Show, we got.
Speaker 3: Partly Cloudy's Guys today, highs.
Speaker 2: Of ninety six and about a ten percent chance of rain all day long. Rod did send in his six picks from the weekend, even though he's not here. But I was just looking at those as we were going through the as we were listening to the song. And if you scroll over to the bottom, there's a group photo and you can see my daughter in it, and she is so not down for that picture. She has the biggest scowl on her face. Ever, maybe it's gooob we didn't take her to the bar brow. I like it.
Speaker 3: It's like a boundary.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, do I look like I want to.
Speaker 3: Stay here all night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Two limit, Yeah, go take me home with my sister Weezy. We can hang out.
Speaker 2: Rod Six picks from the weekend at the world Famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. If you want to go take a look at those all kinds of stuff up on the world Famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. So don't forget to check out the website today, Tessa, what are uston sadlines?
Speaker 4: Well, Hurricane Debbie made landfall in Florida is a Category one storm. The National Hurricane Center says Debbie came ashore this morning in the state's a big bend area with maximum sustained winds of about eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Sounds like Debbie's a downer.
Speaker 4: She big downer, big downer and disrupting thousands of flights across the United States, that includes here in Texas. About two hundred canceled flights in the state of Texas.
Speaker 3: Dozens of more delays have been reported at Houston.
Speaker 4: Austin, DFW and San Antonio, And yeah, I would expect a lot of those flights that are going towards that Florida area. I mean, you can't fly in. It's just like when you say, was here, I couldn't get a flight back to Houston because like there is a major storm there.
Speaker 3: What's not gonna fight? What are we doing? You need to make them out of what better steal? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, There's a special election now scheduled to fill the rest of the current term of a US Representative, Shila Jackson Lee, who died last month at the age of seventy four.
Speaker 3: Her funeral is just last week.
Speaker 4: We were talking about that, but at the end of the week Governor Greg Abbott set the date for November fifth.
Speaker 3: That's the same day as the general election.
Speaker 4: So this is going to be to feel to fill the vacant seat in Texas's eighteenth congressional district for the two months remaining in Congress after the election.
Speaker 3: So it'll be a short stint, but whoever.
Speaker 4: Is going to get in there, I will likely I mean, if they're going to get voted in there for the remainder of the term, I would assume that they're gonna, you know, run again, and I was seeing Turner was after that position.
Speaker 2: I think they are.
Speaker 4: About five candidates here locally. So your name in the hat, dude, A name of that.
Speaker 2: I was politics for a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Get back in it, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about the Olympics because it's still going on and we are trying to keep up with all the fun viral moments that come from it.
Speaker 3: So you had Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart.
Speaker 4: They were looking so good at the equestrian events there, Like Snoop Dogg was like.
Speaker 3: In full get up. He had his riding boots on, his little black coat. He looked so good. And then Cookie Monster was.
Speaker 4: There because it was Martha's eighty third birthday and he presented Martha with the cake.
Speaker 2: Well did you see I think there was a horse doing dressage, yeah, which is just crip walking for horses. Yeah, but I think one of the horses' names was Gin and Juice nice, and so Snoop Dogg was like, oh, that's my horse.
Speaker 3: Naturally, naturally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My favorite tweet was him retweeting someone saying like it was someone's mom being like, oh my gosh, I've really been enjoying Snoop Dogg at all the events, and he was like, oh, do you remember you grounded me for listening and buying his listening to and buying his music when I was younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you're really enjoying Snoop Dogg now, mom.
Speaker 2: I think I said it last week on the show, but I thought when they were showing Snoop Dogg going out to Paris early and doing all this stuff, I was like, we are going to be run They're going to just run this into the ground and it's going to get so old. Not at all like Flavor Flav Snoop Dogg put them on my TV. I just want a live feed of those two guys all day.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: And it was also a really cool moment when Adele ch Adelle was giving a concert and she actually stopped the concert to watch the one.
Speaker 3: Hundred meter final.
Speaker 4: Like the track, she was like, hold on, boss, like I know you guys are all here to see me, but like I want to see this moment.
Speaker 3: So that was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And it was the woman's one hundred meter final, and then Google had an ad where a little girl uses AI to compose a letter to her favorite Olympian.
Speaker 2: Her dad uses AI to say it's from her. I was against that commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, Google pulled it. There was enough people that complained about it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about a Deadpool and Wolverine because it's dominating the box office and it took in about ninety seven million dollars in its second weekend, So yeah, that franchise is expected to cross a billion dollar mark in a matter of days.
Speaker 3: Twisters was number.
Speaker 4: Two at the box office, and then m Night Chamalon's Trap was in third in his debut weekend. I went to see that on Friday, fifteen point six million dollars.
Speaker 3: Good it It could have been. It really could have been. It like the concept is great. There was like it felt like it wouldn't end. It was like, decide how this ends right now, Like stop taking another twist, stop taking another turn.
Speaker 4: Just let me know how it ends and make it plausible, make it believable. I will say, Josh Harten, it looked great. I will also say I didn't know that m Night Chamalon's daughter was the one playing the little pop superstar.
Speaker 3: There made a lot of sense on how it ended. Very weird. Quick spoiler for Deadpool Wolverine.
Speaker 4: You guys, if you haven't seen it and you don't want to know about the cameos, cover your ears for about ten seconds. So Wesley Snipes made a return into the Deadpool Woolverine as Blade. So he returns, and with that cameo, he broke two Guinness World records. He now has the longest career as a live action Marble character and the longest gap between character appearances.
Speaker 2: So I was today years old and I found out he was a Marvel character.
Speaker 3: Hello Blade.
Speaker 4: It was like really popular in the eighties or maybe early nineties.
Speaker 1: Forget, I remember the movie. I just didn't know it was like a superhero.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, yeah for sure. I thought he just killed vampires.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's talk about puddle of MUDs Wes Scantlin.
Speaker 3: Because he was not on his best behavior.
Speaker 4: There were allegations that he had a weapon at an airport, which guys can't do that.
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we advise again. So police were looking for him.
Speaker 4: He was driving around in Burbank and then things got messy, so they pull him over. He's driving an H two drum that hummer. They pull him over, Police ask him to get out of the vehicle and he's like no. That it led to him being pepper sprayed, police breaking his car window.
Speaker 3: He was arrested.
Speaker 4: He did have an outstanding warrant and now he's charged with resisting arrests and now he'll be on court on August twentieth.
Speaker 2: So he's in a puddle of something else right now.
Speaker 3: Big time, huge puddle of it. Okay, that was great. Those are the some seidlines. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Well, not something great.
Speaker 2: And baseball Astros fall into the Rays yesterday one to nothing. They dropped two or three against Tampa over the weekend. They can bounce back though. They're gonna be fine tonight. They're gonna open up a three game series against the Rangers on the road. Hunter Brown upy on the Mountain for the Strows going up against the Rangers. Andrew Haney first pitch at seven to five. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the Olympics, Team USA had a huge weekend in Paris. They added twenty eight more medals to their total over the weekend, ten of them being gold. Some highlights include some Moone Biles winning gold in the vault, Katie le Decki winning gold in the women's eight hundred meter freestyle. Sprinter Noah Lyles won the Golden men's one hundred meters. He's the fastest man on earth. That's back in the USA. Scottie Scheffler one Golden men's golf in Christin Faulkner one Golden women's cycle after making the team as a sub the US now has seventy two gold medals, which is the most by far, and nineteen of those being gold.
Speaker 1: We're just one behind China. The Olympics are awesome.
Speaker 3: Man, I've been so into it this time around.
Speaker 2: But it's also perfect. It's also perfect just because it leads right into football season. Now. You have the Texans opening up the preseason last week. Now, all the team's gonna start playing the preseason games on Thursday. By the time the Olympics closing ceremonies is on its week two a preseason. We're great. We're this is the perfect thing to bridge the gap into football season and shout through the Olympics. Shot out to the Olympics. That's all I gotta say. Speaking of football, though. Andre Johnson began the first Houston Texans player ever to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame Saturday in Canton, Ohio. You can go watch his speech on our sports blog page. Jay Chili, you were a little.
Speaker 1: Late out to White Linn and I did.
Speaker 2: You get to see any of the Andre Johnson stuff?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: I didn't, Man, I've missed it, and I was kind of mad. So I'm kind of watching it right now on the you know, whatever happened, I'm watching this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, him and Devin Hester both got their busts unveiled, because that's the big part of the Hall of Fame ceremony, two.
Speaker 1: All time great busts.
Speaker 2: Devin Hester had the dreads in his and Andre Johnson's just like sometimes they don't look like him.
Speaker 3: Andre Johnson looks just like Andre Johnson and it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, wait are you talking about the statue.
Speaker 2: The bust of the statue that goes into the Hall of Fame. Okay, yeah, and it looks just like on here. Sometimes you're like, you gotta get it right. Definitely can get but they did for Dre So that's pretty cool. You go see his full speech on the sports blog page today. And in soccer, Houston Dyna websc is gonna be back in actually tonight they're gonna host Real Salt Lake in a Leak's Cup game that'll kick off at eight o'clock and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports. We've got two more hours of paying left on a rod Ryaniss rod Ryan Show. We got the suburb Summer Scissler coming up next. It's the rod Ryan Sternight, but by the bus ninety four or five the buzz. It is a rod Ryan List rod Ryan Show on this Monday. We got a partly cloudy skies all day long, ten percent chance of rate in the high of ninety six.
Speaker 1: So get ready for it to be hot again outside.
Speaker 2: All right, I live in Texas.
Speaker 3: I'm always ready. Yeah, you should just always be prepared for that.
Speaker 2: Ready, we do have the suburb Summer Sizzler coming up. De your part taking on Kingwood later in this show. We've got pit passes to see Ibravale, Hailstorm, and Hollywood Undead and know the show. We're gonna be given out Weezier Flaming Lips in Dinosaur Junior tickets so tons of prizes still to give away on a Rod ryanless Rod Ryan show. If you're just tuning in, Rod is touring Saint Jude. We do that the charity work with Saint Jude every year, and Rod just did the backpack charity with Houston Children's Charity. So now he's like, hey, let's just go look at Saint Jude. So he's gonna go check out everything going on at Saint Jude in Memphis. Then he's gonna come back tomorrow. We've got at full strength.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Tessa, I'm earned great.
Speaker 3: I thought the weekend was great.
Speaker 4: It kind of just did the rotting thing all Sunday because I was v hungover.
Speaker 3: But after White Lennen, my friend on a Yellie had met up with.
Speaker 4: Me and Travis and she was just like, have you.
Speaker 3: Ever been to the Secret Group?
Speaker 4: We're like, we had been there a couple weekends before and it was just so funny. Local comedians make you laugh your ass off, And so we just went in there and they were roasting us because we had just come from White Linen and they were saying that we look like we came from the Kentucky Derby because Audiella was wearing a hat saying that we looked like.
Speaker 3: We rode horses. They were saying, we looked like we came from a clan meetings.
Speaker 4: We're wearing all white. It was very funny. It was all very funny, and had.
Speaker 3: A great time on Saturday, stayed out.
Speaker 4: Way too late, and then yeah, I just was hung over all Sunday. How's the hangover with the baby?
Speaker 3: What is that different?
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't really hung over.
Speaker 1: So White Linen Night is also one of those things.
Speaker 2: It is very Kentucky Derby, where like you can't really go to a second location without changing or else you stick out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'd be like, what are you guys all dressed up for?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Kind of like one of those things.
Speaker 2: Rod at a party White Linen Night, and so we went over there, but I brought the baby out and she can't really go bar hopping, So when everybody left to go walk around and do the White Linen Night thing, we just went home.
Speaker 3: That wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: I did not have a hangover. I was very sore yesterday when I woke up, and I was like, I wasn't really getting crazy on Saturday night. And then I remember that the entire backpack drive and at Rod's house, I was just wrestling with London.
Speaker 3: She's not small behind.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as she can full speed.
Speaker 3: She's like mist sir Alex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys were you guys were wild and guys were well, yeah, she's strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's not small. Travis always asked me how old she is? How old is on it?
Speaker 2: I'm like six.
Speaker 3: He's like, she looks eleven.
Speaker 2: I got you got an eleven year old strength for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 4: It was good seeing everyone Wizard was out there with us passing out backpacks and it was a good time. It was a good time. They presented Rod with some balloons like a one and a five because he's not helping out Yeah yeah, with Houston Children's Charity for fifteen years.
Speaker 3: So it's just good.
Speaker 4: It was I feel like we've got it down now, you know, like you go before, I didn't know what to back Now I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, yeah, right, what we're doing. This is the thing. Do I have time for a popsicle break? Yes?
Speaker 2: And the backpack Drive is always one of the funnest things we have to do every year.
Speaker 3: It's always the hottest day of the year. Rod jokes.
Speaker 2: It really is, though, I feel like every time, which is good that it's not raining on us, but it's cool because it's everybody's hot and we all just kind of band together and get it done, and it's it's a fun little morning to every year when we get to do that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So, when we were like doing the traffic waving thing that's in the sun and I did that for about fifteen minutes before Wizard kind of like just took over and I was like, you know what, Wizard, you get summured, you do it. And I would start like unloading backpacks from the boxes. That is like a lot of work, but it was in the shade. I was like, I will do this all day if it's in the shade, Like I will do this rather than stand and like just wave my little fingers in the sun over like actually hauling boxes, moving stuff around.
Speaker 3: As long as it's in the shape, that's all you need. That's all you need.
Speaker 2: That was a fun little morning on Saturday morning, and we're about to have ourselves other fun little morning because it's the Suburb of Summer Day ten.
Speaker 3: Of the Suburb Summer Scissor. I believe We.
Speaker 2: Got Angelica from Deer Park taking on Michael from Kingwood. We're gonna see who can guess what the song today is and see who can represent their suburb better than the other. Somebody's gonna have to move. Yeah, that's that's the pressure part of the game every day where you're like, hey, you gotta get out of your neighborhood. Yeah, that's also the most fun part, Like who's getting kicked out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should get like you haul to sponsor this or something. Oh yeah, they'll just show up. You have forty hours, yes, ton.
Speaker 2: All right, suburbs summer sits are coming up after this.
Speaker 3: Houston's rocking alternatives The Rod.
Speaker 8: Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five ninety four or five Buzz Rod Ryan Show with Alex Tess in Chili, holding things down to day while Rod's taking a tour of Saint Jude in Memphis. We will be back at full strength tomorrow when Rod gets back.
Speaker 3: He's gonna get he's he's leaving right now.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be back at like nine clock and he's got himself a full day. So everybody has sent an email saying Rod got another vacation. Day, not a vacation day.
Speaker 1: This workday, this is worked out letter.
Speaker 3: Clear that up.
Speaker 2: All right, we got partly gladys, guys all day highs of ninety six. It's could be a hot one out there and about a ten percent chance of raining.
Speaker 3: Tessa, you got what's.
Speaker 2: Trending for different now.
Speaker 3: A happy National Underwear Day to you and yours. Thank you, Yeah and back to you and with your spirit as well. Chile over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is what's headlining the Look at a Girls Walk page, which is doing well.
Speaker 3: Madonna's on here.
Speaker 4: You got Lolo Jones, you got Megan Fox in a new movie. The article that called out to me was if you wear high heels to go out, you're officially old. These videos of the gen Z kids in the club where all the girls are just wearing like big old baggy jeans and tennis shoes.
Speaker 3: It's like, I love and hate gen Z.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you why, because they like you guys look bad like the club like you do not look nearly as good as me and my girlfriends did, Like we were stepping out going full megup, full hair, high like hair to heaven heels, mini dress. But you are so complic you guys look so not like y'all aren't don't look good, but you you are. You aren't dressing for the male gaze. Like I love that about you.
Speaker 3: Like your give a f level is so low. I love it. I'm not saying y'all, y'all are beautiful.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 15: You're you're young, you're beautiful, You're full of zess. But like it's it's so funny. Like it's so funny. So uh, keep doing you because focus on you. That's how you get it done. I love your girls. You keep me young.
Speaker 3: Also, so National Underwear Day. Oh I wanted to tell you.
Speaker 4: Season fifty of SNL debuts on September twenty eighth. There are some people that are leaving. Molly Kearney is leaving, and so is Punky Johnson. They're saying that Maya Rudolph is expected to appear throughout the fiftie season because she plays Kamala really good. Yes, she plays vice president Kamala Hair. So those are the things that are trending. And this is ninety four five of the Bush.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy. Rod always handles this.
Speaker 3: The amount of pressure I have right now on me to pull.
Speaker 2: Off the Sizzler confident. Let's bring in. Let's bring in our contestants for today. Hold on, we got Michael from Kingwood. How you doing, Michael? You got me?
Speaker 9: I got you?
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling today?
Speaker 10: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 2: You get any you get an extra sleep last night? What is your pregame ritual?
Speaker 10: Normously? Normously?
Speaker 16: Just woke up and we got the call from Chile. So I'm here waiting and excited.
Speaker 2: All right, practicing a little.
Speaker 10: Bit last week.
Speaker 16: I said I'm a death all week and listen, I heeart and every song that came on my My coworkers were getting upset because I was just yelling out my name at work.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's good practice, good practice. All right, we'll see who.
Speaker 2: You take out your take on and ngel a cup from Deer Park Angelica.
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 11: I could hear you.
Speaker 1: How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 16: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: How about your school? I'm doing great?
Speaker 3: You feeling any? You're feeling a little nervous, very nervous? Have you been heard? Not really, but we'll see been nervous too?
Speaker 17: Then?
Speaker 1: What was your routine like? What you have for breakfast?
Speaker 2: Have you held off on breakfast so far because you can't eat yet.
Speaker 1: No, just coffee, ooh, just coffee, I like it.
Speaker 2: Caffine Arenaline, caffeine and nerves Mules Angelica this morning. All right, we're gonna play the Suburb Summer Sizzler Day ten right after this on ninety for five the Buzz, Oh boy, it's hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but did you forget about popsicles? What you're talking about? Popsicles?
Speaker 2: So rod Ryan Joe ninety four or five the bus, red jumpsuit apparatus and face down on a rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: List, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It's Alex, Tessa and Chili holding things down for you guys and gals.
Speaker 1: Today we are getting ready for Day ten.
Speaker 2: Of the Suburb Summer Sizzler, presented by Shell Federal Credit Union. The winner at the end of this Summer's tournament will be getting five thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars cold Hardcare. It's a lot of bucks, cold hard cash. Test to how's that sound to.
Speaker 1: You at a hot, hot summer?
Speaker 3: Really nice?
Speaker 2: Sounds amazing to me. Let's bring our contestants back in. We just talked to them before we played the song. We got Michael representing Kingwood. How are you feeling again that song gets you any anywhere.
Speaker 16: Prepped, maybe a little more nervous, but I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: Do you have a plan to move? Like, do you have the moving truck ready to go? Or you're just like, I'm not moving yet.
Speaker 16: Well a tree fell at my house, so I'm not actually in Kingwood right now.
Speaker 1: So but you're playing, so you'll just abandon at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just let it go, Okay, okay, and you'll be taking Angelica in Deer Park Angelica.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: You're ready?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Ready, let's get right into.
Speaker 3: Day ten of the suburb Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 2: If you've been paying attention the other nine days, we're about to play you a song. You will say your name much like the fresh out of bed head to head, say your name first when you think you know it. You have to know the name of the band and the correct name of the song, all of it together in about three seconds, you guys ready to go? All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go in three two.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make sure that you guys are gonna hear it. All right, let's go, Michael, Michael, pretty little thing.
Speaker 3: Three. It's kJ elephant one. Oh dude, that's yea. Do you know, Michael, do you know it? You know now.
Speaker 9: It's Cajun Elephant.
Speaker 7: The It was still playing while I.
Speaker 16: Was trying to get so it was kind of confusing me.
Speaker 9: Caju Elephant for the Wicked, you were lucky for the Wicked.
Speaker 2: No rest for the Wicked was the correct dancer? You had the first part of it. That pesky, that pesty song name. You gotta know that, Michael and Delica, did.
Speaker 3: You know it at all?
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 12: It's I'm crazy because I know Ka's elephant.
Speaker 16: I know the song, and I just couldn't think of the name of the song.
Speaker 3: That what I said, Oh my gosh, Well you made the right plan and staying quiet, banking on Michael doing what he did.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you'll advance and Michael's just gonna leave Kingwood behind and find a new place to call home.
Speaker 1: You got to start out, Michael.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 3: You guys were awesome.
Speaker 2: You for playing. Michael and Jellica. We're gonna put you on a hold so you guys you can talk to Chili after this. All right, Congratulations to Angelica.
Speaker 3: Chili.
Speaker 2: Who do we got play it tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Tomorrow we're gonna have the woodlands and roach sharing the woodlands and roach sharing ass.
Speaker 7: So they'll be gating on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That'll be day eleven of the Suburbs Summer Sizzler, presented to you by Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 3: Thank you everybody for playing The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: It's green Day and time of your life, or as they say in Spain, very day day, that's what they call them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you know that.
Speaker 2: I was trying to remember what green was in Spanish. Ass I'm saying that, but yeah, shout out green day, very day day. All right, Tessa, we got a part of the cladys guys today. Highs of ninety six ten chanceerrain. What are USTs headlines?
Speaker 4: I don't know if we could talk about headlines when you have so many translations you could be giving us.
Speaker 3: But there is some serious stuff going on, so I'll talk about it. Let's do that first, okay.
Speaker 4: Hurricane Debbie is moving inland after making landfall in Florida as a Cat one storm. The National Hurricane Center says Debbie came ashore this morning in the state's a big ben area with maximum sustains winds of about eighty miles per hour, where casters expect it to be life threatening, to bring life threatening storm surge portions two portions of the Sunshine State, and major, possibly historic flooding to parts of the Southeast. We've dealt with those hurricanes before, the flooding, all of that, so we hope it's the best case scenario for them. Lots of flights were affected there as well, affected here in Texas as well, so I know the Houston airports, the Austin df W, San Antonio places. There were just a ton of canceled flights, two hundred canceled flights in Texas and a lot more delays than that. So if you are traveling, travel safe. We have actually Rod traveling this morning. He's going over to Mena to tourist Saint Jude. So that's kind of what's going on with us. We're a man down today this morning. Let's also talk about the stock market, because it quickly has become the big story of the day. Stock futures continue to tank ahead of this morning's opening. Bow and Wall Street Wall Street Dow futures at last check had plummeted nearly thirteen hundred points seems bad.
Speaker 3: It is bad.
Speaker 4: The tech heavy Nanzak has taken a dive of more than eleven hundred points at pre market trading, and the SMP five hundred is down two hundred and forty points.
Speaker 3: I was seeing that a lot.
Speaker 4: Of crypto had taken a toll as well, so I mean had taken a dive, and this is something that people are monitoring right now. I know the markets in Japan also having some issues. So money, money, money is a big headline this morning.
Speaker 3: All right, if you get over to the food blog page today.
Speaker 4: You will see that seven to eleven has decided they are going to do a Pumpkins spice slurpy this fall.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Now, here's the thing that doesn't sound like a good flavor to me at all, Like a pumpkin spice slurpy is not something I'm into. But I do like that it is offered in a cold variety because sometimes these hot things, it doesn't get really cold here, so like the end of November. So yeah, I mean Chris bare cozy weathers crunch of leaves. That doesn't really happen a lot in Texas. You can go get your slurpy this fall at your seven elevens, which is also I believe stripes. There's also a story about a dude who was eating Taco Bell and he bit into something really sharp and it was someone's nose ring. Someone's nose ring had fallen into his food at Taco Bell. That is another story you'll see. And then the story of the fancy restaurant that pranked influencers by serving them instant wrong and was very very funny. They like invited them to this exclusive invite only place and then they just gave them instant noodles and everyone was like, these are fantastic.
Speaker 3: These were made in house compliments to the chef competition.
Speaker 2: About here, I like to talk to him.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Elon Musk, because he is saying that his pioneering brain computer company is going to put a brain implant in a second patient. If you didn't know, the neurallink aims to allow paralyzed people to use digital devices with their thoughts, which is a tremendous, tremendous idea. But this is the second chip that's been implanted. I believe the first guy he was playing like video games, he was browsing the internet. Internet but I do think that that like somehow it didn't evolve like I think it like didn't work and stopped working.
Speaker 3: But these are people that are maybe like paralyzed in an accident.
Speaker 4: There are people with maybe like a spinal cord injury, and they're saying that the implant uses like all these electrodes to basically help you work on a computer and be able to communicate that way.
Speaker 3: So pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I've just seen too many movies where this this goes poorly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the guy, the first guy, remember I told you I was going to like do some digging and see what happened to him. He was on a podcast talking about the neurolink and basically said that the device gave him some amount of independence and it basically he was able to reduce how much he relied on the people his caregivers.
Speaker 2: That's kind of be amazing to like go from being one hundred percent relying on other people to be able to do anything on your own.
Speaker 3: So I am not saying I'm not knocking that.
Speaker 2: I'm just terrified of like the underlying right, And you know.
Speaker 4: It's not like it's not it's a great idea, like in theory It is a great idea, but you can't really say anything until you're.
Speaker 3: In that position.
Speaker 4: Like, if you were in that position you had this injury, wouldn't you just try anything like that you thought was gonna work, right, Like you'd be really desperate to like just get a little bit of help and so be like, you know what, Yes, implant me, put the chip in me. I want to be able to do some of this stuff on my own again. So yeah, I wanted to mention that in headlines. Then I wanted to talk about Aerosmith because Steven Tyler is never going to be able to fully cover from his vocal issues. On Friday, Aerosmith announced that they had to make the heartbreaking and difficult but necessary decision to retire from the touring stage. So they say they are grateful for everyone who was pumped to get on the road to see them play for one last time, but they just could not despite having the best doctors surrounding him. Aerosmith Stephen Tyler's vocal cords were really damage. On their peace Out Fare World tom that they are mangled. They describe his vocal cords as being mangled. His voice is just too damage to perform live there you go and you know they just his voice will never be the same. He's also you know, he's older. This is not something that you know, you don't go. You try to maintain your voice. If you're a singer into your old age. Sometimes people sing, you know, songs that are easier to do that.
Speaker 3: Aerosmith is not one of those bands.
Speaker 2: And you can you can tone down, you can tune down guitars to a certain point where you don't have to hit those notes if you're certain people of Aerosmith would be very difficult to do that too, big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big time. Okay, Well those are Houston's headlines. What's going on in Spots.
Speaker 2: Well, the Astros fell to the Rays yesterday one to nothing.
Speaker 1: They dropped two of three against Tampa Bay over the weekends.
Speaker 2: Tonight, they're going to open up a three game series with the Rangers on the road. Hunter Brown will be on the mount for the Strows going up against the Rangers. Andrew Heeney first pitches at seven oh five. You can listen to that.
Speaker 1: Game on our sister station, Sports.
Speaker 2: Talk seven to ninety. And the Olympics teamsay had a huge weekend in Paris. They added twenty eight more medals to their total over the weekend, ten of them being gold. Some highlights from the weekend include Simone Biles winning gold on the vault, Katie the Decki winning gold in the women's eight hundred meter. We had sprinter Noah Lyles becoming the fastest man on Earth winning the one hundred meters.
Speaker 1: Scottie Scheffler. All he does is win.
Speaker 2: He went out and won the Olympic gold medal and men's golf, setting the course record by doing that. Kristin Falkoner also won gold in women's cycling after making the team as a substitute. The US now has seventy two total medals, which is the most by far. Nineteen of those medals are gold. We're just one behind China.
Speaker 4: So Simone Biles actually just won silver medal on the floor with her floor routine, and that's basically how she's ending her Paris Olympics, not winning the silver medal on the floor. Yeah, there were seventy three medals. Then the girls struggled. Sunny Lee and her both struggled on the balance beam. They both fell off. So I'm just glad they won gold medals and team I think that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dope.
Speaker 2: Well you watch gymnastics and you like, Okay, how is that? Man, how do you follow that? Because gymnastics is really hard and even the best in the world are still going to have off days on things.
Speaker 4: Like my favorite trend right now on the internet is people that are like, unfortunately I did not qualify for the Olympics this year, and it's just like them like failing at any sport they'd ever tried.
Speaker 3: It just shows you how hard it is. Yeah, they should have like a lane.
Speaker 2: I always thinking, like the swimming where it's like just watch this right that gets Allen. It's like, yeah, nowhere near anybody, so funny, all right. In football, under Johnson became the first Houston Texans player ever to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday in Canton, Ohio. I saw a lot of Texans fans were out there. You can go watch his full speech on our sports blog page day see all the highlights from the Hall of Fame induction weekend. And then in soccer, Houston, I know FC is back in action tonight. They're gonna host Reale Salt Lake in a League's Cup game. That's gonna kick off at eight o'clock. You can watch it on Apple TV. They need to win this one to really stay in that league's cup standings right now. That is what's going on in sports. We've got one more hour of pain for you on a Rod Ryan, This Rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday. Stay tuned Rock and Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: I'm six ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: It is the rod Ryan Liss rod Ryan Show on a milfday. Be sure to go check out our Instagram feature of the day at the World Finish Ride Ryan showpage at buzz dot com if you haven't just yet Rod if you are just tuning it now, he is touring is Saint Jude right now. They flew right out to Memphis this morning. He's gonna be flying back tomorrow. Tonight, we'll be back and the show'll be back at full strength tillmorrow.
Speaker 1: So do not freak out, everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody, just hang tight an hour left and then everything will be back Tonor and we've got party Cloudy's guys. All day highs of ninety six and about a ten percent chance of rain. Tessa, how are you doing this?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: I'm watching some diving on the Olympics right now.
Speaker 3: I had a good.
Speaker 4: Weekend and yeah, ready to ready to take on this week. You know, Mondays can be a little difficult, but we gotta get going. We can't just call ourselves hustletown, you know. Uh, and just like saying about all day. So I'm good, what about you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great, wonderful.
Speaker 3: How do the baby sleep?
Speaker 4: Las night?
Speaker 3: Baby did sleep?
Speaker 17: Yeah, baby did. Always nice when they do that at night time. She's pretty awesome at sleeping at night. It's during the day she just naps none. She just wants up and then she's up all day.
Speaker 4: Emma said, she uh, she's like, yeah, she looks like me, but she kind of acts like Alex and she kind of has like fomo.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to go to sleep during the day. She just wants at football games. Yeah, she like breaks TV gambles. She is addicted to gambling.
Speaker 2: It's healthy, it's healthy, rapes all day.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, maybe that's just something she picked up on her own.
Speaker 2: I was reading this while you watched diving. But do you feel like you have too many passwords in your life right now?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: I feel like if someone ever finds out the one password that I use for everything that my life is screwed.
Speaker 3: Yep, I sure am.
Speaker 2: I just feel like there's nothing worse than when you're like, Okay, hey, you can go watch this movie here, So you go to I'm gonna go get to Amazon. Well you gotta create an account to watch this, So you gotta go to t B if you want to watch this thing for free, and then to create an account, and then you have to make a new password. And I you have the passwords all the time because I'm so scared of just having one password and make if you figure that out, you can get into anything. If you figure one of my passwords out, you're gonna be able to get into one of my accounts. Yeah, and that's it because they're all different. And then I always have to reset passwords. Now, so how do you keep track of I don't, which is terrible?
Speaker 3: So are you just going? I mean, are you just like brod Dog and memory young like.
Speaker 2: People has a thing called like the key chain, the password keychain.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do use a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: I don't. It's terrifying. It's where you can save all of your passwords to all of your things on one thing and then you can just be well, just use my keychain thing and then it'll unlock whatever it is so you can get in. All all anybody has to do is find your password, keychain password, and then they're in.
Speaker 1: They got all your stuff. That's just even scary to me.
Speaker 4: It's not, Yeah, it just seems sus it's like, hey, keep all of the things that are important to you.
Speaker 3: We'll take we'll got it, we'll take care of it. And it's like no.
Speaker 2: One person gets that.
Speaker 1: It's like, now I got all your stuff.
Speaker 4: I will say I lost my phone over the weekend, Like, well, I didn't lose it. I left it in my retrace staw and I went back to get it and it was gone, and I was like, damn, I might be out on a phone.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, they'd turn it right to the front.
Speaker 4: And then I saw later this weekend whoever it turned it in like they took a selfie and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's nice, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Hey read that kid. Yes, but look at these heroes.
Speaker 1: I saw on the services.
Speaker 2: Sixty two percent of people are overwhelmed with managing too many passwords. Most think that all of all it takes them to do is to try to make it more secure. That they're trying to be more secure, but like, this is making it less secure because now I can't even get in to my own accounts because I don't remember the passwords, because like I have the work passwords you got to have to get in here. You have all your social media passwords, which are three or four different ones I have on there. If I try to go stream anything on my cable account, that's a whole different one. My WiFi password at my house is different. All of them are very different. And now it's easier to just share your WiFi passwords to people so they don't actually have to type it in. So then I forget it because it's been two and a half years since I've had to type my wife I password in. And I think there's so much of that where it's like you get the instant access that the second you get the passwords, like, oh crap, is it this one or one of the other eight hundred and seventy five that I have scheduled.
Speaker 4: That is kind of just stored to the moment where you're not at your house and it's like, oh, looks like at the hotel. It's like, oh, let's watch Netflix at the hotel. It's like, damn it, what is the actual right pop password right now?
Speaker 1: And then you have some that's just entered a pastor.
Speaker 2: Then it's got to be a password, but it's got to have a weird character, and then it has to have a number, and it now it has to have two characters different. And then you're like, now, all right, now We've gone to my ninety fifth password that I've had to create right here, and I can only remember so many and so might just reset it.
Speaker 4: And you're constantly yeah, you're constantly for I don't know how often it is here. But at KPRC we have like a duo thing, like we have to get a thing on our phone.
Speaker 3: You have to change it every single authentication we have that year we.
Speaker 4: Have it here, and so yeah, I'm just like kind of all over the place with trying to log in and keep it straight.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Dude, it's like whatever.
Speaker 4: It's like, you don't want me to work, you don't want me to log in.
Speaker 3: You don't want me to get into there, you don't want me to read my stuff.
Speaker 2: They did that. They do that where they would send the spam the phishing emails is what they called them. Here.
Speaker 3: It's like, did you take a PhD to take the bait?
Speaker 2: iHeart Media is trying to fix this, so if you took the bait, you shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, well, I'm just not reading companies here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here, I was like, no, I just don't ProCheck my emails.
Speaker 2: I didn't because I didn't want to take debait like last time. So sorry, I'm not reading that memo guys. But yeah, do you guys think that you have too many passwords or do you just have like Tesla? Are you like Tesla? You have one password that if I got that I could get into and if you could rule the world?
Speaker 3: Hit us up at rod Ryan Show on Twitter.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. I got AOL. I know I'm still I'm running the show right now. By still the AOL. It's gonna be a good one. And right now, you got a chance to win a thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeart Music Festival in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz did rod Ryan Less rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday. Check out out our Instagram feature of the day on at the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. We got partly claudys guys all day long, high of ninety six and about a ten percent chance of rain all throughout the day. We did not call for tickets, but we were giving tickets away a pair of pit tickets to see I Prevail Hailstorm and special guests Hollywood Undead this Saturday, August tenth at the Woodlands Pavilion. Caller ten seven three two two five nine four five. We're gonna give those tickets away right after the song. But first, let me, guys tell you about what I found online online.
Speaker 5: Kid's Alix online ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all week and long, everybody was tagging me in this pole vaulting video like I is gonna be other sports blog on Monday. French pole vaulter Anthony Amarati Amarati whatever his name is. It looked like his giant dong prevented him from advancing and pole vaulting. His leg actually hit the bar before, but then it was like, but look look at this dude's giant hog causing him to not be able to advance.
Speaker 1: In the Olympics. That's what I would blame it.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, yeah, sorry, I'm just too big to make it to the next round, like.
Speaker 3: Like woe is me.
Speaker 2: But because that happened, I had to kind of cleanse my timeline.
Speaker 1: Okay, just pole vaulting fails, So it's not just guys junk hitting the pole.
Speaker 2: It's the pole breaking when you're trying to plant the pole to jump over that. Sometimes you just slip down the pole. Sometimes you just go right into the to the bar. Sometimes you land on top of the pole and it gets you, maybe in your stuff and it injures you. There's about five minutes of just pole vaulting fails to help easier.
Speaker 1: Into the work week. Yeah, it's it's not always that easy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You can watch gymnasts failing, but go watch the pole vaulter fails some of the more painful ones at the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com and again stevene thro five nine for five. If you want those pit tickets to see I Prevail and Hailstorm this Saturday, Callerton, We're gonna give those away right after this. It's The Rod Ryan Show. Nine.
Speaker 3: Good Bye the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, Yeah, ninety four five bu.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to five The Buzz, the.
Speaker 2: Red Hot, Chili Peppers, and Californication on a.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan List, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Rod is touring Saint Jude in Memphis, Tennessee today, and he will be back. We'll be back at full strength tomorrow. It's Alex, Tessa and Chili holding things down. Before we went into the song, we said we were giving away a pair of pit tickets to see I Prevail and Hailstorm a special guest Hollywood un Dead.
Speaker 3: Tracys Narrows is our winner on that one.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to Trey for winning those tickets.
Speaker 1: He'll enjoy that show on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Also, I've had a couple of requests this morning for the Monday Morning Meat Loaf.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: So we might that I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: You've definitely heard the most is that.
Speaker 2: Before my time here?
Speaker 3: Tell me about the all.
Speaker 2: Time Well, because I've had exactly three emails on it. Okay, there, why don't we just play the Monday Morning The meat Loves so you don't know, enjoy, you're hungry.
Speaker 5: And now the Rod Ryan Show presents your Monday Morning meat loaf.
Speaker 2: Come, we're getting some loud.
Speaker 3: Would you say meat loaf?
Speaker 2: What goes on?
Speaker 5: And then brain ears? Bro?
Speaker 7: I think I'm okay.
Speaker 3: I had a bite right before it came over.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Come on, it's the Monday Morning meat loaf.
Speaker 2: You know what. I will have some meat. Let's have some meat.
Speaker 5: Looks some I need him The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: We want it now.
Speaker 4: The meet loud.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's the Monday Morning meat Loaf. Sorry, this is the rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 3: That's the Monday Morning meet That now makes sense.
Speaker 2: You heard that.
Speaker 3: You know it wasn't that hungry, But yeah, I'll do some fine, all right?
Speaker 2: Josh Tree and then two Chriss had asked that and if then if three people say it, then that means three thousand people wanted it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: It was probably the same Chris from two different accounts.
Speaker 2: I saw shot to Chris and Josh Tree for that. That's the Monday Morning meet Love. I don't really know what it means. I know that it was there when I got here.
Speaker 3: Rod plays it sometimes and it's funny.
Speaker 4: Well that was okay, So that was the funniest part of wedding crashers in the movie. So I just feel like Rod was like, you know what, we need to make that.
Speaker 3: Part of the repertoire. It plays totally totally.
Speaker 2: Turning into Rod. Maybe that's what I'm mean.
Speaker 3: You honestly, dude, you better. It might be better.
Speaker 4: Monitor that monitor that one speaking of the worst thing you ever turned into.
Speaker 3: But it is weird.
Speaker 4: Over the years, like since I've been here, he's been pretty successful.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, no, no, no, that's what I'm saying. It's good. But it's just like the same.
Speaker 4: Like mannerisms, like a little bit of the same sayings.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, it's happening. It's a slow creep.
Speaker 1: I'm slowly morphed into more Rode.
Speaker 2: I was just looking at this though, people worrying about becoming their parents, as there's great commercials where it's like.
Speaker 3: Don't become your parents progressive.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm turning into Rod and that's slowly what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Where I just get like hyper fixated on.
Speaker 2: A little radio things like that, or I'm freaking out over this bed or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: But you throw away your crocs.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you're becoming your parents?
Speaker 3: Yes, you get older. You know, I'm very similar to my mom.
Speaker 4: My mom and I we can we kind of can telepathically communicate because we think a lot of life.
Speaker 3: But no, and I talk to my dad every day. No, I don't think I'm turning into my parents.
Speaker 4: They are great examples of what not to do sometimes really well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you try and avoid that, but then by trying so hard to avoid it, you almost become that.
Speaker 4: So I definitely see their point of view a lot more like I see my mom's point of view a lot, especially with my sister. You know, now she's raising her kid and we're just like watching, and you know, she's a young mom, and me and my mom are kind of I think, on the same like page with that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think I definitely a lot like my mom.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm a gadget guy. My dad is always a gadget guy.
Speaker 3: You just get this is cool, that this will cool beers faster. Let me get this.
Speaker 2: There was one of the coolest gadgets he ever bought, was called the chill Whizzard, and you could have a hot beer and you just put ice in this little thing. It was a suction copied suction to the can and you put the top on it and it would just spin the can around until it made it cold. Oh that was one of the coolest gadgets he had. But I'll be a sucker for stuff, my d I want that. Okay, this is going to warm this cool.
Speaker 3: Now I have this.
Speaker 2: Now I have a warm cinnamon role. If I want to cold and you don't have cinnamon roles sit around, well I do.
Speaker 4: My brother was the scene on TV Guy. He'd be like, we need that, be like cook bacon in the microwave.
Speaker 3: My brother would be like, you.
Speaker 2: Don't put bake in that off anyways, but now I can't.
Speaker 4: This is why I don't, right, So yeah, my brother is a huge gadget guy, like a garage just full of like all the gadgets, and the Amazon makes it so easy.
Speaker 3: It's like you want a gadget.
Speaker 2: That's the worst thing about it. Like, I'll disagree with this here. I'll just like I always see like workout stuff. It's like, oh, I need to pull up bar now it holds clothes most of the time too. Well, I need this that will help me stretch and I bought a stretching bar.
Speaker 10: Things.
Speaker 2: Now that's cool.
Speaker 3: You're still running.
Speaker 1: I am still running. Okay, Yeah it sucks.
Speaker 2: It's hot, dude, I wouldn't, but I got every little pham roller ever because you're like, oh, well, I hurt my foot, don't worry. Here's thirty five things that you can foam roll your foot on or roll on your foot on.
Speaker 1: My gadgets.
Speaker 3: I heard the fashion is real bad for you.
Speaker 1: You've got to big fashion guy, got to break it up.
Speaker 2: But my dad would always get gadgets for like whatever it was, whether it be fishing or any of his like his his tool stuff at all that he had.
Speaker 3: He had gadgets. He was more of a manly man than me. And I'm just like, I'm just gonna get the phone rolling stuff. It's like, you gotta be prepared, you know, you never know.
Speaker 4: I think it's hot if dudes know how to like fix stuff or they just like bust out with a knot or something like, wow, that's a cool knot.
Speaker 2: One of the things that says that like everybody, that people say they notice the most up becoming their parents is getting to the airport too early. That was the number one thing that people say they do that makes them feel like they're turning into their parents. I don't feel like my dad got to the airport overly early, but as like as an adult, I feel like I get to the airport early because I'm scared of missing flights. Yeah. It's not even just being like, well, we got to get there. I just don't want to miss the flight. And I'm so scared that traffic's gonna hold me up. There's gonna be something else, They're gonna switch the gate like whatever it is. And it's like I need to be there four and a half hours early.
Speaker 4: I like getting there early just to do a little drinking. Yeah, still a little pre flight buzz going on.
Speaker 2: I think pre flight or airport beers are like a top five beer yet because usually you're like I had a weekend or I had whatever. However, like I had a vacation, now I'm going back, or it's about to start. Let's go, Like nine am airport beer on a Friday.
Speaker 3: This is let's start the weekend.
Speaker 1: Let's go. That's the best.
Speaker 3: For sure. My dad is probably an airport.
Speaker 2: Oh so yeah, I'm turning into my dad.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm happy for you. Mark Wilson is a guy.
Speaker 2: We're all turning into our parents, And if our parents were cool, then that's a.
Speaker 1: Good thing to turn into, right wonderful?
Speaker 2: My dad was cool, So yeah, hit us up at rod Ryan Show. What are you doing that's making you feel like you turn into your parents? At rod Ryan Show on Twitter.
Speaker 7: Let's take a moment to look back at your summer so far. No mushrooms?
Speaker 6: What are you wearing?
Speaker 10: Lol?
Speaker 7: Really that's all you're gonna do with your summer?
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show, the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Five, Buzz Incubus and Drive on a rod Ryan Lis rod Ryan Show with Alex, Tessa and Chili holding things down today on this MILF Monday, go check out the Ryan Show page or the World Finished Rid Ryan Show page. Is the buz that if you haven't seen our MILF Monday feature just yet, Chilli, you enough.
Speaker 3: People clicking the website yet?
Speaker 2: Are people paying attention today?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: I feel like the Rods out They're like, all right, what is this funny business going on here? Yeah?
Speaker 6: They're they're clicking on there. You know it's a Monday, So actually the MILF is doing.
Speaker 3: Awesome good What you should be.
Speaker 7: Which I do think she's gonna be top milf of the year.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, she You know when they the great the gray haired ladies always do awesome on the one that feature on the on the ig feature, so it's gonna be pretty good.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: All right, how are you feeling today?
Speaker 6: Man, I'm feeling awesome, man, just you know, working ahead, getting all this suburb summer sisler. You know, I've been calling people, you know sometimes they go to voicemail, and I don't need a voicemail because I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Beg you to give you five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like you're literally turning down money as chili call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you if you signed up and you you're not answering your phone, hey man, tough, tough, tough.
Speaker 2: You know they say to avoid those numbers. You don't know, but you have to answer them if you think you could be a sub if you entered.
Speaker 4: A contest, Listen, if you entered a contest and you're looking to win something like you got to answer the spam calls.
Speaker 1: They's always a weird movie, like, well, I didn't know that it was this.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's going to say winner like that seems even scammer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's just heads up, man, I'm calling people, so just answer if you think it's gonna be. If it's a seventy one three two one two number, most likely is the buzz.
Speaker 4: Okay, so real quick, since we got you on the line there, Chili, what did you do this weekend?
Speaker 7: Uh? Friday?
Speaker 6: I stayed in h Saturday morning, we passed out to backpacks, and then showed up to Rod's party on Saturday night, and then Sunday slept all day because I party hard a little bit on Saturday night.
Speaker 7: So that's about it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm an old maid.
Speaker 6: I k party twice, you know, so I got make sure I get my wrist so I can be ready for work, pick and shoes.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get to see it Saturday night.
Speaker 6: I was bumming Dahn man, I thought you were going to but you know, I just wanted to see the baby, you know, and Alex and Amma.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, notretty much. Why I was there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I knew I was going party with Test like this. Once she gets shots going, it's I did make some americthon, yeah I did not.
Speaker 3: I avoided them. Well, they weren't even big. They had two shots, and I just.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was one of the more mature decisions I've ever made in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I brought Okay, so I brought a bottle of champagne to ros.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm just gonna drink this and I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: That always starts to night.
Speaker 3: Well, bro, I just I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I saw I saw he had like Tito's sitting out. I was like, you know what, I just put the champagne in the fridge.
Speaker 3: I just grabbed Histo. It like champagne. Yeah, well, Tito's and diet Oh.
Speaker 2: We have one last prize, give a way.
Speaker 3: We got a pair of tings.
Speaker 2: You see Weezer, Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Junior Live on Seenteber twenty eighth to the Toyota Center. If you know the show test is going to come up with a question, see how well you've been paying attention. Rod's not here, but you still got to listen. If you want to win these tickets, stay tuned to The Rod Ryan, This Rod Ryan Show in ninety five, The Buzz.
Speaker 8: The Buzz, Rocky and Alter You Soon The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am, ninety four or five Buzz, It's the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: On ninety four five.
Speaker 2: I just said n by the Buzz.
Speaker 3: But we're ready for another show.
Speaker 2: We're ready for another show.
Speaker 3: All right, Tessa, I was gonna drink every time you said ninety four five five?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: This is where Tessa asks you a question.
Speaker 2: From the show and we test your knowledge to see if you were paying attention or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you go, if you know it, you'll get the Weezer tickets. Just someone tell me what Rod's up to today. We give you a.
Speaker 4: Couple of times we told you why he's out, and if you can tell us that reason, we'll give you the tickets to Weezer, Flaming Lips, Dennis or.
Speaker 1: Junior seven three two.
Speaker 8: Five.
Speaker 3: If you know the show, you are listening to The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 16: Tommas here and I just got me gonna grab something boxing and go get.
Speaker 5: Cool laid on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Zombie by the Cranberries on a rod Ryan List rod Ryan Show about to wrap things up. I am Alex p with Tessa and Chili holding things down. Today We've got part of Claudy's Guys all throughout the day, Hides of ninety six and about a ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap this show up with Know the Show.
Speaker 5: He is now time for you Know the Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The buzz looks like we've got Bryant on hold worse right now?
Speaker 3: What's up, Bryant? Yes?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Pretty good man?
Speaker 10: How are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Just straight?
Speaker 1: You've been paying attention today?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: There, all right, we'll Tessa what you got for him?
Speaker 4: Okay, Ryan, just tell me what's Rot up to. Why isn't he live in studio with us? What's he doing?
Speaker 7: He's out to tour Saint Jude.
Speaker 3: That's right, walcome to Memphis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is doing Saint Jude right now. So he'll be back tomorrow. It's a quick turnaround for him. But you know the show, Bryant. I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets to see Weeezer Flaming Lips in Dinosaur Junior.
Speaker 17: Congratulations, awesome, Thank you so much, our pleasure.
Speaker 3: It's our pleasure.
Speaker 4: Thanks for sticking out with us, even though Rod wasn't here.
Speaker 3: Like I just mentioned, he'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But you want to go through it, Alex, I got a little wrap up chet ash Okay, So if you you are here in home room, you know that Steve the Breadman beat Double oh seven Sean Connery.
Speaker 3: It was a weird ass game. That's the best I can describe it. But you can go listen to it. It was complete chaos.
Speaker 4: But Steve will be back to row going for win number three. We want to say some thank you to the Texas Hammer. We played the Texas Hammer game today show Federal Credit Union for the suburb Summer Sizzler on Helica.
Speaker 3: From Dear Park. She remained silent.
Speaker 4: Michael from Kingwood finally chimed in and did not know the name of the song. So Angelica Deer Park will advance Tomorrow. It's gonna be the Woodlands and Road Sharon playing in the suburb Summer Siesler.
Speaker 3: At eight twenty. We've been playing that every day. It's really fun.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Alex for keeping things moving on that side of the room. You were running the board and hosting the show. Basically you had some really good conversations with us. The concert poll, which let me see Alex was asking everyone like how long the ideals. Yeah, the idea, and I'm just gonna go here and see what people decided. So the ideal length of a concert. Most people think two hours is the perfect amount of time. Sixty percent of people say two hours is the length they want their concert, twenty two percent say an hour and a half, and fifteen percent of people want three or more hours of their favorite band playing.
Speaker 3: I get that. I totally get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, we talked about passwords, We talked about things we do that make us feel like we're turning into our parents.
Speaker 3: Those were fun conversations.
Speaker 4: If you want to get over to Links and guests Rod six Picks from the weekend or there. He hosted a white linen party. We passed out backpacks. It was a really fun time. Everyone got in on the six Picks over the weekend to go check that out. The thing that got the most clicks was the MILF Monday. Chilling is saying this is probably going to be the number one on the year, so get over there and check it out.
Speaker 3: Coming up, Jeremy's going to have the NonStop nooner. He's gonna let you pick your tickets at one o'clock.
Speaker 4: But he's also going to have the twentieth anniversary tickets to give away. So Jeremy's going to have some, Teresa's going to have a pair of passes, and so we'll care all Lee. So get in to that party. You gotta win your way in. You can't buy it. You can't buy tickets to that. You gotta win them. Also, do you have a past the gravy out from last.
Speaker 2: Week that's still living last week's episode of Passed Gravy? Go check it out wherever you listen to podcasts or just pass the gay podcas yes on YouTube.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: And you can still shop in the Rod Ryan Show care stores. So go in make a last minute purchase. We're doing our final final push to give that check to Houston Children's Charity before kids are going back to school.
Speaker 2: Give ear shirts like the twentieth anniversary shirt to wear to the twentieth anniversary party. Why would you not want to go do that while the store is still up. It's a great point theadryanshow dot com.
Speaker 3: That is a great point. Okay, you got anything else?
Speaker 4: Everyone watch the Olympics support team to say go check out our blog page for.
Speaker 2: That great rest of your day. Thanks again for tuning and putting up with us. Rodwi back will be at full strength tomorrow. Love you guys, amf I.
Speaker 3: Was talking with love fa feet off the field.
Speaker 7: Who god it murper?
Speaker 5: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast.
Speaker 11: Check it out on the
Speaker 5: World famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.