Speaker 1: Welcome to Scouter Vision, where we discuss all things dragon Ball. I'm your host Angela and I'll be joined here momentarily by my co host Mike. Today we will be complaining our three part discussion of the Tournament of Power. We will be here talking all about the final showdown between Full Power Jaron and Autonomous Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku. It was the battle of the Centry and the whole universe was at stake, So let's get into it right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to a new episode of Scouter Vision. I am so excited to finally complete this three part series on the Tournament of Power. It's been a very fun journey reliving what was probably the best tournament in dragon Ball history.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's been a long time coming since we even starting the Tournament of Power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure, the Tournament of Power played a huge role in dragon Ball Super and for us to be at the finale here to talk about the final showdown between Goku and Jurin, I'm so excited to get into it. But first, where can they find us on social media?
Speaker 1: You guys can find us on social media on both TikTok and Instagram at Scouter Dot Vision Pod. That is Scouter Dot Vision Pod.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we are you know, I don't know if I'm announcing things that are you know not it's ready to be announcing. But we will be having merchandise soon. Oh yeah, We're gonna be having shirts, hats, wherever you want. You can get the logo. We're gonna have some really cool designs. So stay tuned because we're gonna have Scouter Vision.
Speaker 1: Merch Let's go. I'm ready.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to sell. I want to sell scouters.
Speaker 1: How would we go about that?
Speaker 2: You're the artist, figure it out anyway. The Tournament of Power conclusion, you know, I gotta give a big shout out to all our Hispanic fans. We know that dragon Ball plays a huge role in the Hispanic community, especially in South America and in Mexico. When Goku and Jurin we're about to have their showdown in the final two episodes of dragon Ball Super Mexico was selling out soccer arenas to show the episode when it was dropped on crunchy Roll.
Speaker 1: That's insane, honestly, Like just imagine like selling out like huge arenas just to watch, like the final battle between Goku and Jiron.
Speaker 2: Did you see the crowd at these arenas. There's there's videos of chance the go coo, go cool. And then when Goku was like when I think he had comme out on Mayha, the whole crowd was going may And then when he landed, everyone's like it was insane, Like that's the power of dragon Ball. Tell me another show or anime that has that type of power. I've never seen arenas sold out, stadiums sold out for an anime viewing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just really baffles my mind because it, just like you said, it shows the power that dragon Ball has with everyone.
Speaker 2: The Tournament of Power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially the Tournament of Power.
Speaker 2: Well you said power, that's why or anyway, so where were we last last? When we left off, we were talking about the most dominant fighters, right, you mentioned Vegeta, You mentioned Tapo Vegeta. Well, we have to talk about what sets up the final battery here Topo he basically gets rid of all his justice mentality and he finally accepts the mantle and position that the god of destruction of Universe eleven Bell Mood was offering him. Bell Mode was offering Toapo to be the new God of Destruction of Universe eleven, and Topo wasn't going to do it. He was the head of the Pride Troopers, but he abandoned his uh, his beliefs and became the Destroyer and basically kicked everybody's ass. First of all, the transformation of Topo to a god of destruction, what did you think?
Speaker 1: Honestly, my mind was blown. That was I was not expecting that at all, honestly, and when it just happened, I was just like, I don't know it kind of like it just really took me by surprise, honestly.
Speaker 2: And he looked monstrous. He lost the gut, had a six pack, he looked huge, had had that purple Destroyer Aura.
Speaker 1: I gotta say though, the look though for Topo with all that was really cool. I like it.
Speaker 2: I liked it too. But in the end, Topo was eliminated by the super Saian Blue evolved Vegeta. Vegeta eliminated Topo, leaving the only member of Universe eleven left in the tournament, who then powers up into this full power monster, eliminates Vegeta and injures Freezer, injures Android seventeen injures Goku, who was already in his ultra instinct state, but then powers up even more to go beyond the limits. And what do we get?
Speaker 1: And we get the autonomous, mastered ultra instinct Goku.
Speaker 2: This is the one with the white hair.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And in case you don't know the.
Speaker 2: Difference when you first saw this version of ultra instinct along with the music, which was so epic, goosebumps, chills, what did you think?
Speaker 1: I thought this was amazing and I was just so excited to finally see it because we've always seen, like, you know, pictures and all these other things about this ultra instinct version of him. I don't know, I just loved it. It's my favorite form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this, this form of Goku, this massive ultra instinct. I love the banter between the Destroyer Gods and Vegeta, who was on the sidelines because he was eliminated. Bell Mad was talking about Goku mastering ultra instinct or his incomplete ultra instinct before this, and Vegeta says, incomplete that means that there's another form of this ultra instinct. And he said that if Goku pulled this out in the forty eight minutes of the tournament, then imagine if he was able to train in this form and take it beyond the limits, which is what we saw Goku do by the end of this tournament, which set us up perfectly for the last episode of Dragon Ball Super, which was full power Jeering versus I guess you would say full power Goku, who had an absolute epic battle.
Speaker 1: I'm honestly had a loss for words. It was just a really like huge moment when he tran It's far into the autonomous ultra instinct and I don't this this battle was insane. I just loved, like the whole battle between the two of them.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that, like Goku, you didn't even see him moving. He was just standing there and he saw Jeering in the backup.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, he was just moving so fast, that's all you saw.
Speaker 2: He was moving in such an angelic way.
Speaker 1: Isn't that where the power comes from? Technically?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Yeah, the power, Like I guess it's like the angel power. Yeah, where eventually Vegeta gets the destroyer power. We're not there yet. We won't talk about Mangas. By the way, We're going to talk about what's upcoming after the show finished, because the manga continued. We do have the moral arc, we have the Granola arc, we have the superhero ark. We're gonna talk about all that eventually. But this battle was insane. It was one of the greatest I would say fights between any two fighters and Dragon Ball history. And what was cool about it was there was so much on the line. We've seen so many fights in the past where it was like, oh, Cell's going to destroy the world, or Majnbou already destroyed the world and he wants to you know, they need to bring everyone of their loved ones back. This was for the fight of their whole universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I figured they lose, their whole universe is gone, and we've seen it like one by one as each universe was eliminated in this tournament.
Speaker 2: Now, last week I talked about how Goku cannot be named the most dominant because it took three people to eliminate Jeering.
Speaker 1: I still think he's dominant, even though it did take.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he dominated a lot of the tournament, but it did take not only Goku, but it took Freezer and it took I Android seventeen. Now, the thing is this was a new form for Goku. He was not able to last in this form unfortunately, Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: It dreamed all that energy. However, he did sacrifice himself in getting Jeron eliminated too near the end.
Speaker 2: And we also forgot to mention one of the more poetic parts of this is when Goku was so drained of energy, do you remember who gave him a little energy to go on and keep fighting?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was Frieza out of all people.
Speaker 2: Which was poetic because if you go all the way back to the namic saga, right before Goku left, Friza in a dismantled you know, position, half a body, half a tail, no arm, Goku gave some of his energy for Freeza to escape, and it backfired. Friza was like die monkey, and he was like you fool, and he fucking blastes a someway, right.
Speaker 1: He meant, well, but then it just it's real, Yeah, it's Freeza at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So it was nice for Friza to return the favor in a way.
Speaker 1: I thought that was really cool and it was really big of Friza, yeah, especially saying like how he was like throughout this whole series and everything.
Speaker 2: So then at the end, it was the alley open away Goku. Frisa tells Goku to throw him at Jear and he says, toss me, saying right, and along with Android seventeen, along with Frieza, Goku eliminates Jerin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jiron is finally eliminated out of all these like opponents and everything.
Speaker 2: It just.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm honestly, I had a loss for words for all this. It was just really like cool to watch this whole tournament from start to end.
Speaker 2: In the end, Universe seven is the winners. They're the last universe standing. Every other universe is destroyed by Grand Zeno and we then he he gives Frieza life, which was questionable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I don't think it was like the best decision.
Speaker 2: And Android seven teen is announced the winner since friz and Goku were basically eliminated along with Jiren.
Speaker 1: And then he gets the wish, which.
Speaker 2: We thought he was going to be just a cruise for his family.
Speaker 1: Turns out he wished for all the universes to be brought.
Speaker 2: Back, which was very admirable.
Speaker 1: It was very honorable too, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also he gets his cruise anyway, because now he has friends in high places, and Bomo's like, pay for that fucking cruise. You gonna waste your wish from the Super dragon Balls for a goddamn cruise. Like I'll call it Norwegian right now, Like when are you available? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Norwegian?
Speaker 2: So but yeah, you know, we we kind of went through fast there, But just want to talk about the impact of this whole series, Like Jeren was such a great character, and I know Jeron gets a lot of I wouldn't say hate, but Jeren does get you know, people saying that he shouldn't have been the final boss for all of Dragon Ball Super but why not? He proved without a shadow of a doubt that he was the strongest, to the point that Goku wants to fight Jeron in the future again. Juror went back to Universe eleven now that it's revived, with a better understanding that the world is not about fighting and revenge, but the world is about working together. Because even with Goku and Freeza, who were rivals, they work together at the end of the day to get Jeering out. It shows that teamwork and friendship is the real way of life.
Speaker 1: I really agree with that friendship and as Ribrian would say.
Speaker 2: Love for sure. So definitely. You know, we want to wrap up the whole Tournament of Power here.
Speaker 1: What better way to end it than with the final battle exactly.
Speaker 2: We have more to talk about when it comes to dragon Ball Super.
Speaker 1: There's so much more to talk about dragon Ball and like dragon Ball Super Z, dragon Ball like everything.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I know a lot of people think that this is where Dragon's Ball is super ended. We are going to get into the mangas pretty soon, like I said, with some new arcs that have not been animated yet. Yeah, maybe yet, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Chris Sabbat actually gave us a little bit of hope when he was at a comic con in Puerto Rico and he was asked what would be his favorite line as Ultra well, Ultra Ego Vegeta, and he said his favorite line would be Cakeroot's body meum all ego, right, He said this cool line, and everyone was like wow, just to hear Chris Sabbat using the voice of Vegeta saying line from the manga exclusive Granola arc like this is going to be excited, and he said maybe maybe you know me just saying this line right here will get the second half of Super animated sooner, which would be awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we we got to talk about other arts and dragon Ball Super, and we'll always go back to Dragon Ball Super. But overall, I think that this was a great way to end the show. I knew numerous times while watching Super and the Tournament of Power. I said that this is probably the best tournament in all of dragon Ball history.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have to agree. Honestly, I really think like they ended it very well. Like for this whole series, it was just great.
Speaker 2: Honestly, they never had a eighty fighter Battle Royale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was insane. You start from eighty people fighting and they just ended it with one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know this this to all my wrestling fans out there, This was very much Royal Rumble.
Speaker 1: Vibes, not Battle Royale.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but I mean the best, the biggest Battle Royale is the Royal Rumble.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go Goku was basically you know, Stone Cold Steve Auston what three time winner anyway, So yeah, there you have it. That's the Tournament Power.
Speaker 1: Yep, all wrapped up into three episodes.
Speaker 2: Right now, we will be back next week. Tell them what we're discussing next week.
Speaker 1: Next week, we're gonna finish up talking about Dima, since we were able to finish it.
Speaker 2: Dragon Ball Dima. We're going to last time we talked about the first couple episodes. This time we're going to be talking about Super Saying three, Vegeta.
Speaker 1: Super Saying four, Goku.
Speaker 3: Giant Goma, the change of heart for Glorio mm hmm, urn Sue, majen Ku and Do and everything in between.
Speaker 1: I laugh at Majin Doo.
Speaker 2: Honestly, we're going to talk about all that next week, so stay tuned. We love you guys once again. Where can they find us on social media?
Speaker 1: Once again? You guys can find us on Instagram and TikTok at Scouter dot Vision Pod. That is Scouter Dot Vision Pod.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you next week.
Speaker 1: See you next week