Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay Gonzalez on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services and Sure your most Prized Possessions k T C, R, TU SA and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 2: Yet there you go? Can you hear? Ustim? I can't we talk about these guys.
Speaker 3: It's to say we started a new studio here on Monday and Uhura. Still it's been an adventure each day, but we're working through it. So thanks for joining uses. Absolutely so, absolutely no problem.
Speaker 2: So we talked to you what two months ago? Maybe months ago? Anything changed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's a big game for both teams. What are the concerns about Kansas City from your or just thoughts and impressions?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think that.
Speaker 5: I think that after the Tilanan game last week, Chris Clemban brought something up that I think is kind of gets kind of the core of of maybe where KSE State fans are right now is that they're still trying to find an identity for this team. Obviously, you know, Avery Johnson got some some run last year. He obviously won the Bowl Game, but it's still is you know, he's still kind of working to kind of find what his identity is as the guy for k State. And so while you know, the run game has been there for KSE State and it's been, you know, very steady.
Speaker 2: DJ Giddens has been.
Speaker 5: Exactly what what we thought he would be, just an absolute stud, and Dylan Edwards in his spots has been good. The passing game is still taking a little while to kind of get up and running. The offensive line is still kind of working to kind of gel with with some newer pieces and everything after losing quite a few seniors last year. Defensively, the pass rush has been phenomenal. I think that for the most part, linebacker play has been good. I think that people felt a lot better about the secondary before the Tulane game. I think that kind of made people a little nervous heading into especially heading into Friday's game, with with the combo that that Arizona brings in. But overall, I think it's still very much in kind of a wait and see kind of kind of see, we'll see what happens here over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: We know, I mean, Tulane is a good is a good program. The group of five, so they're automatically.
Speaker 6: You know, they're they're they're what's the right word, they're categorized or classified the Okay, your group of five, you shouldn't be able to be be eating us by ten points in the you know, in the game, and then they were.
Speaker 3: Kansas State comes back wins the game. Were people unhappy with the win because I know that fans here in Tucson were very unhappy with the win over ANAU because they felt they should have blown an Au out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 5: I think it's just kind of the things that they saw in the win that have people a little nervous because I think that everyone you know, you said a case they fan down, they'll agree with you that, you know, Tillian's a good team, that they're probably one of the leaders to kind of compete for that that group of five playoff spot for sure, right, But there were just you know, the secondary playing as poorly as they did was kind of a red flag. You know, the pass game a kind of taking an entire half to get going and still not kind of getting to the level that maybe people thought. You know, there were some play calling they you know, Case State's working in a new offensive coordinator, it's only he's only three games in so far as far as playing games game, so it's just you know, you're you're happy to get to win, especially on the road. There were some circumstances with officiating that I think if you'd have some Tulane fans, they feel like maybe the game was handed to Kay State. I believe that that was an offensive death interference. I just don't believe that it. It's called nearly enough for the average fan to uh, you know, to recognize it, right, But I just think that maybe even though Tulane is a good team, people thought that maybe a case State would be starting off at a higher level, and it's maybe taking a little while to get to where fans thought that they would be to start the season. Whether that's fair or not.
Speaker 4: So I read somewhere maybe even on your in your column earlier this week, the front, uh the offensive line, are they banged up like Arizona's.
Speaker 2: What's the situation there? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, we we got to talk to him coordinators because of kind of a speed sped up week. We got to talk to coordinators yesterday. Normally we talked him on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Or two of them.
Speaker 5: The more veteran offensive lineman or the right tackle Carver Willis, and then the left guard Hapley Panser, both left early from the two lang game. The right tackle, Carver Willis, came back, Panzer did not return. He's kind of if you were to kind of pick who, well, who's your best offensive lineman, it did probably would be him. But when we talked to offensive coordinator Hunter Riiley yesterday, he said that that that willis for the most part, it's fully back in practice, but but Panser is not. They have some depth there that they like. They had the guys that came in, Andrew lin Ging and John past Story did well and then the coaches were kind of pleased. But it's just kind of one of those things where you know, when you're trying to gel with a new group and then you start losing guys, it's not exactly what you want.
Speaker 2: But this is not the first time that.
Speaker 5: Since Chris Climb has been in a case state of the offensive line has started maybe a little slower than fans would life or than coaches with life. But Connor Riley's a great offensive line coach and he always seems to kind of get them up to the level that they need to be by by mid season. So I think it's more of a wait and see thing. I expect Carver Willis to be back. Hadley Panzer, we do not know if he will be back out there.
Speaker 3: Tell us about Chris Climbing what what you know? We don't know about him here in Tucson, Arizona.
Speaker 2: You know what is he? Who is he? Yeah? I mean he.
Speaker 5: It's I I've heard it said by by some other people, just kind of national people away from the program that he is what what kind of Bill Snyder left and kind of the way that he handled things can very even peel, very you know, not flashy, you know, very blue collar. He kind of brought that from from Fargo, from his days in North Dakota State, but updated in some ways that I especially in in UH coach Snyder's later years, he kind of was was kind of more stubborn and and kind of refused to kind of accept some of the newer things, some of the more player empowerment type things, other other stuff. But very calm guy, very process oriented. Uh you know, he's very well. One of the first videos that they have led the department put out whenever he was hired six years ago. Now, Noll was just talking about winning, winning the dang day. I mean, that was that was the thing for a while. It's it's kind of died down now, but very much just like do your job and everything else will follow. And then that's what Case State fans were used to from, you know, from Bill Snyder. They didn't want to a Dion Sanders type. They didn't want someone to come in and completely flip the script of what Case State football was. They had that briefly when Bill Snyder first retired and Ron Prince took over, and that did not go work well at all. He was out after three years. So someone who was able to kind of carry on that legacy in that foundation that was set, but be able to kind of iterate on it a little bit and modernize it without losing what what kind of made it special.
Speaker 4: I'm sure without going into coach speak or whatever they'll be doing, because both sides do it right. What are their thoughts on Arizona? Because Jay, it was Jay We've been talking on the show for the last couple of days. Arizona has looked unimpressive. But the probably maybe the Heald stuff back of what's to talk over there about Arizona.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that coaches, you know, they I think they understand that they you know, what what they have, what what Arizona is able to do offensively if they let them, is they you know, they if you let them, they can be the most dangerous offense in the country with with with with with teammage and frafita.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, it's been very very respectful.
Speaker 5: I mean it's just been this is, Hey, this is going to be one of the best teams we play all year, and we're going to you know, they're they're I don't think much stock was taken into, you know, the defensive struggles against New Mexico or the all struggles versus a A. I think that it's just very much uh see that like they're going to come in at their best. You know, this is the first even though it's not a conference game, it's the first Big Twelve game for for Arizona. They're going to be jack to be there. There's just and I think they're just there's just no reason not to expect them to be top top level in the Big Twelve. And so I think that's been that that's been what coaches have been hammering about. It's like this is this is We're about to get one of the best.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Tim Everson from the Manhattan Mercury Jay Jay. Tim just said something that they feel that this is going to be one of their bigger Big twelve teams. We said the same thing this week and two weeks from now with Utah, and then it seems like it'll get easier.
Speaker 2: Well it the schedule, Yes, it up.
Speaker 3: It feels like it eases up because there's no Oklahoma State, you know, I mean it, but and okay, recognizing this is a non conference game, but it's still a game where we hear in Tucson. I feel like this is going to be a big gauge of what this team really is because we don't think we've seen it really in the first two games. I like the fact that you know, over there, you feel like they're discounting the fact that Arizona only beat an Au twenty two to ten and still are expecting a really good team to show up on the field. I think Arizona fans are expecting a really crappy team to show up on the field in a lot of ways because that game didn't go the way they wanted it to go, even though it was a win.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I think K State Vans are in a very similar about where they're just you know, they see a red shirt freshman Tulane quarterback and Darian Mensa, who's what we with a study's going to be. I mean, he's been a revelation right for them, and I'll be shocked if he is it may still be in Louisiana next year, but I'll be shocked if he's still in New Orleans. You know, they see him just absolutely torch what we had been told and what we kind of expected to be a strength for for case stated. And then their secondary of you know, very deep uh safety room, and then very veteran corners, guys that have been starting for multiple years, and uh you know see that. And then obviously the spotlight was on you guys when when mc millan had his you know what, I don't know, four touchdowns, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean you know, the story rights itself and in your head of what kind of a nightmare, uh it could be if things do not improve in some way. Now obviously you know fans will overreact or whatever, but I mean it's still an easy an easy bad picture to draw yourself if if you, uh, if you, if you let it.
Speaker 4: So, So, what can this team expect from the home crowd, because we hear big twelve football is legit.
Speaker 2: It's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's different than the past twelve. They're not by the beach and a, I mean the tailgate. What's the what are they gonna see over there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I hope that we get a strong contingent from Arizona just because it's fun. Uh, it's fun when other people get to come and see what the scene is around. Bill Schnyder filmily stating because it's big tailgating, I mean there's big, two huge lots on both sides of the stadium that's gonna be packed.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be people.
Speaker 5: People will be getting here, you know, if not tonight, they've gotten here earlier today already to prepare for tomorrow. I mean, it's you know, it's gonna be sold out, it's gonna be loud, it's uh, you know it is. It is sneakily and I you know, it's doesn't mean a lot coming from me because I'm someone who went to K State and I cover a state. But I mean, I've been around a little bit. It's is sneakily one of the better environments that you'll see. I know that.
Speaker 2: About a decade ago. And this is actually the last Top twenty.
Speaker 5: Matchup at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Weirdly, in no case, they've had some good teams and there have been good teams in in the Big twelve. Auburn came to Manhattan and their fans were very complimentary of the atmosphere, and obviously, you know, they see some of the best atmospheres in the country weekend and week out. So it's it's fun at the same time, while it is kind of a threatening atmosphere, it's not. It's very friendly. People will be very nice to you individually. It's not like, I don't know, it's not like going to Boulder or wherever, or things are maybe a.
Speaker 2: Little a little spice here. It's not the nicest reception.
Speaker 3: Does the Friday night add to the atmosphere, you know it it's kind of been the times that Arizona's had a home game on a weeknight. Some have been great that you know, Oregon came into town, you know, number ranked number two on a Thursday night on ESPN, the crowd was went crazy and airs on An upset them. But there have been some other ones where it's kind of like it kind of falls flat. What do you expect for a Friday night game there in Manhattan.
Speaker 5: I think that it'll it should be electric. It should be I think that while I don't think it's anyone's preference that uh, that it's on a Friday, especially with you know, high school football and the state of Kansas. It's not you know, it's not one of the big states. But it's still a big deal here. I know that. You know, I'm once I get off some of you guys, I'm going to head end to go help with our coverage of Manhattani football because they move They're game back a day because of this game.
Speaker 2: But it's it's gonna be big.
Speaker 5: I mean people, you know, it's it's it's a deal where people have known about it for a while. People have I'm sure, called off work to make the trip. If they're coming from far over in in western Kansas, or you know, they're they're calling it a day at noon, if they're driving in from from which Chi or Kansas City, it's it's it's gonna be it's gonna be let I think that people know, you know, Case State doesn't get the national spotlight, you know, game on Fox very often, So I think that people people understand this is kind of a special a special circumstance and a special game.
Speaker 4: So real quick, we got about thirty seconds, Tim, do you make predictions for the game, and if you don't, we want you to. And just just because we got about just a few moments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's going to be good. I think it's going to be close early. I like I like KSE States advantage in the trenches especially. I think that the secondary is going to improve. I like KSE State thirty five.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, great, that's legit covering the seven. Thank you, Tim, appreciate you, Thank you, guys, appreciate it. We'll talk about it, of course.
Speaker 4: Tim Everson from the Manhattan Mercury, if you want to get any updates on them on that team, go ahead and read him there.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, good stuff, he's already a friend of the show. Many Okay, all right, let's take our break word to come back. Will love to take your calls. Five two zero four one six seventy four forty I think about our technical issues worked out, so we'll take your calls five two zero four one six seventy four forty way right back.
Speaker 9: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browsey aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece.
Speaker 2: We can help you select the perfect.
Speaker 9: Wood type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 4: Steve Rivera here to talk about Doratle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Tip We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve.
Speaker 2: Arizona Health the.
Speaker 10: Leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of will Not.
Speaker 11: It's awards season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your companies. Giveaways keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit the Creative Awards Ideas at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 12: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven, ariazon A b K nine two nine to four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to lyric syncredit greats and available loan programs of SUFFIC to change the unumice.
Speaker 13: Did you know sports cards that memorabilia are setting record sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops Mickey Mantles So for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookie So for five point six Also, collecting cards is a family fund hobby that can be very profitable If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway. That's Showtime Cards.
Speaker 14: Ready to say, but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid Bederal Credit Union ten thousand dollars Saving Challenge and we'll guide you along the way. Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and you could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com slash ten Kate challenge to get started today.
Speaker 2: That really insured and CUA.
Speaker 7: Guy bugs, termiteespees, or rodents. Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. That's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 4: Your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you? He told me about is You Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, called Danny Roth at five to zero four nine zero four thousand, streaming live.
Speaker 7: I mean, iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: This is Eye on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jacob Salez on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to why Bat. You're on Potular Fortune fifteen Stuper Verock. He's taking out and would if we have Tim ever sent the men at the Mercury newspaper, Tim, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm using great how are.
Speaker 2: You get We're doing fine here very much. Our music is last year a lot longer than normally.
Speaker 1: We're less than two weeks away from High Heart Radio Music Festival, he said in buying Capital wat taking over tmobile Evita Las Vegas at twenty and twenty first the stream only on Helil get tickets.
Speaker 2: While you still can now at AXS dot com.
Speaker 8: This year you can be there to witness all of the incredible once in a lifetime performances live and in person. Buy your iHeartRadio Music Festival tickets now starting at just fifty five dollars plus taxes.
Speaker 4: If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Lut. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one, Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 15: Hi, this is former Wildcat Leman Hindley with Arizona hel Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, in your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space.
Speaker 2: And your life.
Speaker 15: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot Arizona Health to lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 11: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial daid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 2: Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash someday.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tucson, Steve avera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVP is a home.
Speaker 2: And auto coverage.
Speaker 4: Whether it's a fender bender or leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency.
Speaker 2: You're always in good hands.
Speaker 4: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay Gonzalez sound Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app Just Surgery. I on the Ball.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome to joining them ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty times. Steve Rivera and Jagan's awesome rying with us today, maybe about thirteen minutes, maybe for the next seven show. If younger you were off the air, Jake, let's go back and maybe revisit a few things with the PAC twelve.
Speaker 2: Sure, and just not a surprise, right.
Speaker 3: Well, I think all along we thought these were the teams. That's that, that Oregon State and Washington State we're gonna go after.
Speaker 2: I guess I did.
Speaker 3: I'm a little surprised that there aren't more, right that, because they have to get to eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they got and they're now at six. Right.
Speaker 4: I think in time, obviously that will happen. But the question is which who or the other two? Yeah, we said we threw out in Nevada, we threw out Vegas, right, and you're thinking, what.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the un l V is a state school and as is Nevada. Now, for the longest time, the two of them were not in the same league, right. Nevada joined the Mountain West later when the Mountain West expanded. But you wonder, is the Nevada legislature saying UNLV can't leave Nevada behind? So I don't know if that there's speculation that that might have happened, because the obvious one that should have been part of this.
Speaker 2: Group is u n l V.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the PAC twelfth thought about taking UNLV, right, So back when you know there was a you know, at that time, So it's a little surprising that UNLV isn't among this group or a less. The Pac twelve is saying, let's keep it an even number. So maybe UNLV's in the next round.
Speaker 2: If there's you know, they got to bring in at least two more preferably four.
Speaker 4: I think yeah, so the other ones that we talked about, because there are very few slim pickings in New Mexico, right, uh? And then you had who was the other one that you mentioned?
Speaker 2: I thought Utah State?
Speaker 3: Utah because they you know, they've been decent in football, they've been really good in basketball. You know, maybe that's a program that comes with from Utah has already gone. Right, Utah has already in the Big twelve, so uh, you know, there's nothing to hold to hold them back. But then a lot of discussion has been that they'll head they'll head east from here, maybe get a Texas school or two right a utsa, Uh, I don't know Texas State. Who's playing ASU tonight? Where's Texas?
Speaker 5: Ol?
Speaker 2: Pass was in the Mountain West already?
Speaker 3: Again, that uten football program hasn't very good and the basketball hasn't been very good either.
Speaker 2: For a while, that league is just watered down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, do you go do you head east to Tulane?
Speaker 2: Right? Do you go to South Florida?
Speaker 3: You know, somewhere in between one of the you know, Anappalachian state or you know who the hell knows? Right, you know, to go get I mean, look, we all know that geography doesn't even matter anymore, right, callan Stafford and the ACC.
Speaker 2: It's all you need to know. Yeah, no, it's it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: I feel sorry for those who follow the Mountain West because now it's gonna be really watered down west.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I don't know. Did you ever meet Glorian Navarres when she was at the PAC twelve? No, she's she's the Mountain West commissioner.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Really nice person.
Speaker 3: I met her and worked with her a bit when I was working those basketball China basketball games in China. Really nice person, you know, a person that you know she's making. She's a good commissioner. You know, I think she's a good but I know also that she was trying to put things in place to keep this from happening.
Speaker 2: They wanted to hold them mountain together. There's nothing that.
Speaker 3: They can do exactly right, and so now her league is being poached after you know, the Big twelve got poached, and now it's kind of like, what do you do now? So I you know, look, they'll they'll probably remain like a group of five league. They're just gonna lose, you know, some of their best teams. And that's just the way, that's just the way life is in the NCY Double A.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, no question, the giant eats the smaller, smaller teams and.
Speaker 2: They keep they keep gobbling them up like pac Man.
Speaker 4: Sure, and at the end of the day, in whatever years that we're gonna say, five, ten, whatever, it's gonna be a big four for four conference division type of thing, right geographically, right at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, at some point, at some point, there's gonna be you know, four yeah, whether it's by geography or what, but it's gonna be four leagues all with about the same number of teams, and I'm all kind of on the same level, is what you would hope. Whether or not the Big ten and the SEC allowed that to happen remains to be said.
Speaker 4: Did you see there was a buy out seventeen million whatever it was.
Speaker 2: The Pac twelve has a ton of money.
Speaker 3: They got a ton of money because of what happened, Right, they got to keep all of the TV.
Speaker 2: Money for all the schools that left.
Speaker 3: Well, you see you by, they've got a mountain of money.
Speaker 2: They've got to help pay V facilities, help pay that all kinds of stuff. Right.
Speaker 3: So I heard that the estimates are between one hundred million and two hundred million dollars in assets.
Speaker 2: You know that that that these two schools, two schools are in control of. Yeah, you know, so there's money to go around.
Speaker 3: They you know, that's why this is happening, because I think the Mountain West put a bunch of stuff in place, penalties in place for schools to leave, and they're just kind of saying, I got your penalties right here, we're.
Speaker 2: Out of here. We need money, but you need money, we'll just pay.
Speaker 3: We can get some money from those guys over there. And they're a lot prettier than you are. Remember Arizona left. We got their money, money exactly, we got we got everybody's money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so I think that, you know, it's the thing a situation where you know, Bob's got all the money to go.
Speaker 4: Around thinking about it, Jay, when Arizona faces a PAC twelve team in two years, you're going to say, well, they put them out West.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you know, because whatever you whatever, you say, whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: Exactly, they're not there.
Speaker 3: The PAC twelve is no longer a power five conference or a power conference. It's it's a group of five now coming out of the box. Will it be one of the better group of fives? You can argue because the Mountain West was right, yeah, you know, not West up there with uh yeah, so yeah, I think that, uh, that's how it'll be seen.
Speaker 2: But it's going to be a group of five. School Well, I guess they'll be a group of group a group of six.
Speaker 3: I guess right, there's a group of six and a power four now instead of a group of five and a power five.
Speaker 2: I can do that math, Steve good six minus one equals five six. You're right, new math or otherwise? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, we didn't say who we have in the next hour. We'd have Jake, Yeah, the didn't have them last week. We will talked about his if he has.
Speaker 2: His impressions, those impressions, right, yeah, he's always he's always.
Speaker 3: You You need to you need to frame that question even handed, like this is a presidential debate. Okay, don't say what are your concerns? Say what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are your thoughts? He may not stop me. Maybe he doesn't have concerns, and maybe he does.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah he's got Yeah, he's not going. He's always kind of like pro pro on the side of Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got concerns. I'm sure he does, as we all do. But the concerns to.
Speaker 3: Me, Steve, are it's more about their depth and their injuries and do they have do they have are they going to be able to put people in the right places to be successful offensively?
Speaker 4: So here's the here's the problem that just came up to me in my head. So they have the injuries you just talked about depth. We're two games in the survivor not survived this game physically. They take a week off and then they come back play Utah. A physical Utah team. Survive, have to survive physically, so every game, guess what they have to do. Survive physically? Yeah, and guess guess what happens in football? You rarely survived physically well.
Speaker 2: And and then again, though, Steve, how is that different from any other year. No, no, you're you're right right.
Speaker 4: But in some years, like last year, Arizona was able to because they were good.
Speaker 2: This year, we don't know.
Speaker 4: So if you're kind of even, like you said, depth and whatever, Yeah, if you don't have it and you get injured, what do you do.
Speaker 3: But even last year they had nine wins under their belt going into the Alemable they were nine and three, and they go into the Alamo Bowl and they're they're banged up on the offensive line, put guys in all these in different positions and they were getting shoved around, and then they figured it out in the middle of the game, right right in the middle of the game, they figured it out and then they and then they win the game. That's just what it what it's like at Arizona. You're not Georgia where your five star line uh left tackle goes out and you've got another five star left tackle to stick right in there. Arizona will never be that. So you you you've got to figure things out. And that's where you know your your your coaches come in in terms of evaluating talent, making sure that the guys that you do have on the bench can play and it's harder and harder all the time with these guys. So I don't know, you know, we're we're gonna find out, you know, if this line is banged up, do they have guys that can fill fill the gap.
Speaker 4: This is this is one of those games where the season obviously for Polito to be there.
Speaker 2: Why no one's no one whatever? That was again.
Speaker 4: I was talking to the guy at an event that was at today and he's a former players.
Speaker 2: What happened to him? And no one's talking and his dad was.
Speaker 4: Talking all the time, Yeah, until they all went quiet, right, So you know, whether it's whatever, I don't want to say anything publicly.
Speaker 2: He could have been used.
Speaker 3: Obviously they need They definitely needed him now, No, that definitely him, uh or even Polato not being there is hurts.
Speaker 2: It's that's a factor.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, that's another that's a capable body that they had that they were counting on that's not there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and we'll see.
Speaker 4: And we don't know about running back from Albuquerque of course, well no more. If he doesn't play Saturday, it's over.
Speaker 3: Well we haven't heard that he's back, No, no, you know, no.
Speaker 4: There hasn't been a press Well, there were press conferences, yeah, Saturday or Friday when they.
Speaker 2: When they roll out on the field. Was he dressed?
Speaker 3: No, so I think I Well, remember Craig Sylvester said he saw a number one on the sideline and he thought it was Tacario Davis and then he realized it was because that's his number on the defense. And then he realized it was a Jacory crossby Merit and that he wasn't playing. So I think he was on the sideline. He just wasn't playing. So you know, they were their jerseys on the sideline and stuff. But so I don't know. But again, you know, it's the second game of the year.
Speaker 2: This is a but this is your long thing.
Speaker 3: The teams that the teams that U manage are the teams that make it through injuries and stuff like that. I'll go back to that must I hate to that eighty six as U rose ball team. Okay, they said the key to that season, the key to that team was that the five starters on the offensive line didn't miss a game, They didn't miss a snap, that they none of them even got hurt for a play. And that was the key to that to that team, and that's what you need to have.
Speaker 2: And there was one of successful years, the four or five yeah exactly, that ninety eight offensive line with that one big dude.
Speaker 3: He had a strange name, Scott I think really left tackle, right, he anchored that line. I mean, there are so many highlights from that season of him pancaking guys and that, you know, that was a key to that team. Trunk candidate didn't get hurt, the quarterbacks didn't get hurt, the receivers didn't get hurt. The players defense did you know, they stayed healthy and that you know, you know, Arizona's front line players are really good and they can compete against anybody. But it's when you got to put in the second or third string guy at a safety position, or on the offensive line, or at a receiver or at a quarterback that I mean, Arizona got lucky last year. The quarterback got hurt and guess what, they had a better quarterback on the sideline and didn't even realize it, or maybe they realized it and just didn't act on it at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has passed. Yeah, that's too bad. So that's a key.
Speaker 3: And right now Arizona's already dealing with injuries, ineligibility, all these things. You kind of try and hold it together. And sometimes it's held together with like you know, clothes pins and bubble gum and bubble gum and and you know, and those kinds of the hope and a lot of hope that that something doesn't happen in the course of a in the course of a game.
Speaker 2: So Captain, what do we got there? We got about forty five seconds about okay? Cool? Yeah, so, uh, you know, we start to find out tomorrow. I'm axious for this game. I really want to really it should be fun.
Speaker 3: I went aside though, tonight, if I want to watch see what happens with a s U, if I'm gonna watch that Bill's those Dolphins game, I don't know which way I'd go with it, but Bill's Dolphins play tonight. Bill's disappointed me last week. Dolphins. You know, I let me, let me shout out this real quick. We gotta get out of here to Howard, because I don't think we got this on the air. Howard, I took I took the over in the Dodger game last night, and I hit it in the third inning.
Speaker 2: I was very happy. Only ten Bucks. But it was nice.
Speaker 3: All right, We gotta get out of here. We're gonna be back. We'll take your calls. We're gonna breaking news with Ryan Top of the Hour