Speaker 1: Yes, if you're doing the air guitar to this as you drive along and listen, then you are bringing the right energy.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: Now bringing the right energy to dinner time tonight, that's all about hur Toato barbecue. Highly recommend that if you're going to be in the eight one seven, But if you're going to be in Plano, let us try to plant this seed in.
Speaker 2: Your brain for dinner. Andrew's American Pizza Cah.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, yeah, I'm saying you got barbecue in the eight one seven. But if you're in Plano or anywhere in the surrounding area, if you're just like, you know what, I heard that Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen won best Pizzeria in DFW and the Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 2: Voted on by readers. Yep, you may be saying, yeah, I want.
Speaker 3: To go have the greatest pizza in DFW, according to Dallasware newsreaders, So head to Plano.
Speaker 2: There's only one location. Skin of wire. Folks flocking to Andrews cause it's the best damn pizza you can put in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Ben, I mean, you got the Dallas Style, you got that New York Steeze.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, you know my Stee's. You got that Detroit joint.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ben, you love the Detroit Yep, you have uh oh Chicago Wow, the sauce on the Chicago pizza and smashes. And then of course I love the Philly Tavern. Great pasta dishes, incredible bar. They got a whole selection of roller Town beer works on tap. That's the brewery Ben and I are invested in. So go see for yourself. Preston and Plano Parkway. Right there near the bush, it is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 1: Dallas Entertainment Awards candidate Christina kray cornback joining us.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you order when you go to Andrews America? Yeah? I do the Detroit Ben the Detroit Style. It's called there, I forget.
Speaker 3: Oh you like the one that's the eight mile Detroit Rock City's upe to don't sleep on it. She likes old things Detroit because she worships at the altar of Jack White.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she'll get Detroit Pezza. We just got Kirk Hammett's guitar.
Speaker 1: And speaking of Detroit, a guy who used to bleach his hair in high school to be more like Eminem Kevin Turner, what do you go with it?
Speaker 2: Andrews?
Speaker 4: You know, and blow blow your mind right now? Ye get you Dallas style pizza bolonaise. It's like a crossman boloonean mayonnaise. No no, no, bowlon as bolognias no no, see that's not appealing.
Speaker 2: The bolognea mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The pizza bolonaise is. I don't even know how to explain it. I thought that was pronounced blog nissi. It might it might be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so often good. Hey, you did have bleached har in high school, didn't I did a couple of times. Yeah, yeah, but you want to Junior high first, and then brought it back in high school. Ironically you went by rabbit. No, we did put this link out there. We need everyone to blast this out there. Christina Kray Cornbread Ray nominated in the Dallas Entertainment Awards for Radio Personality of the Year. Is what it is Radio Personality Dallas Entertainment Awards. It is the Radio host of the Year, Radio Host of the Year, and we want her to win that. We want you to get out and support her and vote. Go vote for oatmeal pizza too. Anyways, get out there and vote on that. We blasted the link out on the twitters. But right now it's time for this. And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt Fu tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: The latest estimates are predicting three to six inches of snow following across North Texas. That'll begin late tomorrow night with flurries, but early morning Thursday morning, and that's when your accumulations should start happening.
Speaker 2: Is that link or width? I think that would be link. I'm not sure how I think. How do they measure can you handle that much? How do they measure that? You just put a gauge out there? Oh yeah, three six yays not a problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, So fourteen to fifteen our plan right now, we're assuming that we are not going to be able to drive into work. However, we are not going to abandon you sweet eagle listeners. No, our plans are to do our shows from home. Oh I thought we were just gonna stay up here for a few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was thinking about that. That sounds pretty fun. Slumber party. How's it done? That? In a long time. Yeah, that sounds fun for us. Christine's like kill me. I just looked at the doors, like there's a lock on this door. Yeah fine, this room would be a fark coffin. Yeah, dude, I bring them out with Nintendo, will play some Super Mario three. That sounds good. Board games, Oh, I love board games.
Speaker 3: Terrible we have We have a microwave and a refrigerator, dude, would be good.
Speaker 2: I'm in. I put some bear meat in the fridge earlier so I can sleep in Ao's sleeping bag. Well, yeah, you I want to check and see what's on there though, black light, do some stains? Yep. Guy can't keep his hands off himself. What sweet? I'm kidding, clearly, you know, clearly.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: Governor Rabbit has activated state emergency resources to respond to this severe winter weather, and I don't know if this is look I've always questioned how we handle cold weather, because we do act like it's never happened before. Last weekend, seven hundred workers from the Texas Department of Transportation prepared for this winter weather by pre trading the roads, bridges, and overpasses with a bunch of brine. In fact, over five hundred thousand gallons of brine. But they did that last weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw some yesterday on the tollway and I was like, it's only Monday.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't we do it like the day before. I don't know.
Speaker 4: The forecast can get tricky, but we have known that it was not going to rain yesterday, today, tomorrow until tomorrow evening with zero percent chance of precipitation. So why did the Brian need to get out there on the weekend. Couldn't it be less effective now?
Speaker 2: A lot of ground to cover? Yeah, Plus you want that good flavor, you gotta let it soap. I don't think you know how it.
Speaker 4: Works, but yeah, you would think all the cars would kind of ruin whatever they put down.
Speaker 2: The one finally gets here. Yes, the wind was insane. The wind blow it off the highway.
Speaker 3: I took the I took the trash can down to the end of the end of our driveway the other day out in this four degree weather, and as I was walking down there, I was thinking, how did anybody live through you know, sixteen forty, the year sixteen How did anybody make it through winter that year?
Speaker 2: Is that the cutoff? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just was trying to think of just some old time like how did anybody survive anything?
Speaker 2: Back then? They didn't live long, right, I mean did they.
Speaker 3: Build a fire in a cave and then then did like the fumes get to them? How does existence happen? I'm just blown away by all this. Well you're spoiled.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, back then you were still having to live off the land a little bit. You had to have skills of killing and cooking animals. Son is like that bear carcass or you're going to freeze to death. You can't just pull up on YouTube. What are the dangerous parts of the raccoon to eat? You know?
Speaker 2: Like, wait, you think different parts of the raccoon are dangerous? Well, I think there are parts like that.
Speaker 4: For instance, if you were cutting into a chicken, you would you there are parts that you don't want to But I'm not sure anything, fish, any anything, because you can get eco the innerds.
Speaker 2: How are you saying it like that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've seen Ben eat the beak.
Speaker 1: The beak is magically delicious. A lot of people don't know that. Christina, have you ever eaten a beak?
Speaker 2: No, that's disgusting. Do birds have tongues. Yeah, man, one for of course they do. That's why the beacon is their tongue. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have, really, I've made out with the chicken I've seen. Okay, the one time I went hunting. That did stick with me, the fact that the ducks had tongues.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that.
Speaker 3: I remember all these dead ducks and their tongues are like that.
Speaker 4: I thought, as you were shooting, the duck was like sticking his tongue at you.
Speaker 3: But Jordan's maneuver the I've never been hunting and I've seen duck tongue. Remember that time Katie chipped his tooth on a beak?
Speaker 2: Yeah, herd heard all right.
Speaker 4: So they have the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Every single year they do this. It's a big, big event. They shut down the strip of this hold on.
Speaker 2: This is a new segment.
Speaker 3: Do you think anyone that's listened to this news segment is better prepared for the winner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're questioning the Brian. I know. I am. So they have.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of advancements in technology, including some new inventions and things that are going to be products that you can go by. Would you like to see some of the hot items this year. Yes, let's show them to our listeners. This is an electric salt spoon. So it's basically a spoon that makes the stuff taste saltier than it really is. So whatever you're eating, it makes a little saltier, so you can eat healthier foods, but it tastes saltier to you.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm sure whatever chemical is on that spoon is pretty healthy to give it that taste.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've been talking about Japanese food a lot today on the show, and this is made in Japan.
Speaker 2: Oh in his face. Now there you go, enjoy your dumplings. Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. A table with working legs. It's called a memo and it walks around. So have you ever had to like get, oh, get your partner over here, and we gotta move this table over here?
Speaker 2: Not anymore. This table walks its ass over where it needs to go. How great is that? It can't be an attractive table? No more back pain.
Speaker 3: It's gonna look like one of those dogs, those robot dogs has rifles on it.
Speaker 2: Like, it's not gonna be like a nice looking table.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good. Just get up and table moves, you know what? I want to eat a dinner in the living room, tonight kitchen table. Hither and it goes and there you are on the couch. They don't have to buy TV trays. It knocks over everything in its.
Speaker 2: Path and fire, as he said, path weird, right, we all heard it and Christina. Lastly, a stringless guitar.
Speaker 4: Okay, so a violin like an adult version of those pushbuton guitars. But for five hundred dollars, you can feel like you're actually playing the guitar without actually playing the guitar. It's very, very lame, but they're gonna sell this and a lot of people are gonna buy it. The stringless guitars. I think people want to people who don't know how to play guitar. They always wanted to know how. This doesn't teach.
Speaker 2: Them, right, Can you travel with it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is this kind of like a travel guitar? Because I could use that.
Speaker 4: I travel with anything pretty much, except it's over a certain amount of.
Speaker 2: This gets back to the way we start.
Speaker 3: This is essentially an air guitar, but it's for someone to pretend like they're really playing guitar.
Speaker 2: But it makes the sounds. Okay, the air guitar doesn't.
Speaker 3: Make the sound. It's just gonna make this. It's like, uh, you know, one of those mechanical pianos. It just plays no matter what. You just stand there with their hands.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Piath all right, Hey, can you pull that and see how it sounds?
Speaker 2: Yep, thank you. There you have it. There's the weekly weekday update.
Speaker 1: Incredible news you can use now Coming up next in the big finish, the top TV news bloopers of twenty twenty four, Part one, Coming up next