Speaker 1: Howell Tonight's drafters handle the Jacksonville backfield. Is Khalil Shakir in for a Draft night tumble and will one of these twelve drafters win a million dollar grand prize in the Big Gorilla. We've got coverage of the FFPC Big Gorilla Draft to night, twelve players battling it out for a million bucks. We got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is live and in here right now. Aden Lacory's here as well. I'm Eric Balkmin. Stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 2: That's down the pressure I've.
Speaker 1: Seen broadcast live and horder round the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your hosts, Eric Boltman and Farrell Elliott. The high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now, because no one else was available. Here are Eric Baltman at Barrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob, Greetings and salutation to all of you b alcoholics and for ELIAX. Welcome to the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. Presented by my f FPC dot com. You're slightly above average host Eric Balkman, my co host are the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, One Farrell Elliott live in Appleton, Wisconsin for the Mile of Music Festival here. So glad you're a board tonight man, All right, live high five. There you go, and we have some live Wisconsin bourbon here, which I know is probably I shouldn't be showing this because all people in Kentucky are gonna be disowning for you. It's good. It's good bourbons. We got that flowing tonight. And we also have the flows and the Dulce Town Dulcin Tones of one Aidan Lacrey live in North Carolina. Aid and welcome aboard f f PC Media coordinator. Good evening, sir, How you guys doing.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know when I was hopping out today, you guys together. That's such a lovely surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It's it's been good so far tonight. Farrel got a chance to spend some time with the dizzl We're gonna try to hook up after this and then at some point this weekend as well. But before we get to that we have to get to tonight's draft. Here we've got live coverage of an FFPC Big Gorilla Draft. This is the culmination of Live Draft Week. You have seen a live draft on the f FPC Socials every single night this week. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday we had pros versus shows. Wednesday, Aiden brought you made an event coverage with Dave Chipoli and the Sports Gambling podcast guys Justin Herseig and I had Best Ball Tournament coverage on Insider Access last night. Now we're doing Big Gorilla tonight. Hopefully this will become a statement. We'll just do one just big Live Draft Week every single year at HSFL. We're on on X at Eric Walkman at Leiden excuse me, at Aiden Lacory on X as well. KFFSC dot com is where to go Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship playing that. We have three leagues close to filling on that Farrell, I head it up and now I close it in our main event.
Speaker 4: Three leagues are close to filling two online which will be live online. One well, one name the Super Jesse Slow. One of these days there will be a Super Aiden. But right now, anythink Dougie. We have a super Jesse, and I don't think many of our drafters will know Jesse, Bubbs Dad and top dogs will He's coming up with the number.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is. Yeah. Jamie Cox drafting tonight, which is very cool. We'll get to that in a second High stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com, Facebook dot com, slash hsfl or.
Speaker 2: We'll try to get to all.
Speaker 1: The x post emails and posts in the YouTube chat right now. F FPC Main Event, f FPC Big Gorilla, both million dollar grand prizes, both have live and slow drafts filling up right now at my FFPC dot com Million dollar Grand Prize. There's six million dollar plus prize school in the FFPC Main Event, and we also have uh the three undre thousand dollars f PC Bestball Tournament as well one hundred thousand dollars runner up prize in that for the first time ever this year. And then we also have the FFPC Dynasty Drafts startups going on all throughout the summer two thousand plus leagues and decade and a half and they have never folded, not a single one. Let's get into tonight's draft, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I'm gonna bring up the board right now and tell you who is actually drafting in this tonight. I think we have Yeah, okay, so it's up right now. We have. The number one pick tonight was Craig Omastro. Craig Mastro, former guest of this show. The Master Damas takes Jamar Chase at the one oh one. Paul Tiera, who drafted last night in the Best Ball Tournament, drafting tonight. Bijon Robinson is his pick there at the one o two. No surprise, Matthew Book's Cool hand Book is taking Ceedee Lamb at the one o three. That's an interesting one. We'll talk about that in a second. Igor Gorbenko his g men select Jamior Gibbs at the one o four. Our good buddy Remy Lebau ends up going with Justin Jefferson at the one oh five. Frankin Bornoni is his scarlet squad takes Phukakula at the one oh six. Uncle Bacon and Carston Durraua end up taking Brock Boers at the one oh seven. Nice little prize for them. Malik Neighbors goes to our friend Adam Hahn Farrell. He ends up going with save Bulkey's beard ends up going It is a good name.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Malik Davers is his pick there at the one o eight. I like that pick one O nine is Saquon Barkley, the David Fowler Matt Fay's team at a one ten takes Trey McBride and then of course Jamie Cox, our good buddy from Kentucky, the top Dogs. He gets Ashta Genty at eleven Brady Stewart. CTESPN drafting twelfth tonight starts off with McCaffrey and Saint Brown. Farrell, I'll pitch this to you right away, CD Lamb at the one o three, you would not do this because you would have taken Barkley there right I would.
Speaker 4: Have taken a running back there because you know how I love those running backs, and I might.
Speaker 1: Have been taking Boers.
Speaker 4: What's most interesting about this first round is we almost got through.
Speaker 1: It is CTESPN. Who is that cat? That is Brady Stewart.
Speaker 4: If Brady had helped us out, but Pudding, I'm on an say Brown is his first round pick, and then leading off the second with McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: We could say McCaffrey probably dropped out in the first round, which we did not see in the pros versus at all. We saw him going like he went often more often in the first half of the first round. But this is that's the difference.
Speaker 4: Now you might say best ball versus manage, but you also the fact that these guys are these guys are the shows putting down their dollars to win that prize.
Speaker 1: So the other one I want to bring up here, or the next one I want to bring up what do you make of Frank in Bornoni taking Kuka a coup at one oh six knowing that he's not exactly been the healthiest guy in the world and Matthew Stafford is not exactly the healthiest quarterback in the world. Right now, Well, you know, Frank's gonna go get his guys. Let's see who he gets here at number six.
Speaker 4: If you believe in the coup of that strongly, you you got to take Maybe Frank's not gonna draft a variety of teams. Are a big number of teams, so he says that this is one of his teams he's gonna get in the coup in or.
Speaker 1: Not, we have let's see here, McCaffrey Aiden. I know how Farrell feels about Christian McCaffrey. How do you feel about McCaffrey this year, especially given the fact that you only have to invest a late first round pick into him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's fantastic. You know, as you guys both send most drafts, you're seeing him, you know go probably you know in that pick number six to eight range. I think he's been going at the one o eight on average over the last couple of days in this format. But so when you see him drop to this later ends of the round, it does catch your eye because, I mean the case has already been pitched on Bulky. I know many of our shows where it's he's arguably the biggest wild garden fantasy. If he does stay healthy and can return to health or even you know, eighty five ninety percent of what he was, you're getting a top three player in fantasy football. You know, these guys are drafting for a million bucks. I think you have to take the risk there and and almost certainly getting a value at the one twelve. You're not investing, you know, a top sick you're not passing on guys. I think you can feel even more comfortable in the twelve spot drafting Christian McCaffrey. So I'm all aboard analytics like that.
Speaker 4: I believe Bulky that you have to sit down, up your glass and we will have to drink to aid.
Speaker 6: Aiden.
Speaker 4: That was wonderful. Notice I'm having my bourbon. I have a cocktail glass. Is having hands out of a beer glass.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It says it's going to be a long night or perhaps a short night over here.
Speaker 2: Aiden, You guys know what I have next to me. I have what whoever wins this league is going to be taken home. Look at this, fellas, Oh yeah, a little big.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold that up, Aiden, I want to I want to go, I want to go.
Speaker 2: Look at that Bulky left, He's gone. I'm still hearing draft is gone. This is what these drafters are going for. Anyone tuning in. Obviously, we do the coins, the medallions every year, the big gorilla coin this year, twenty twenty five league champ right there in the back of the little bananas trophy. Fellas, like that, there we go. I to have to show that off of it. I'm sure that will be in the emails.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, we got to get that in the emails, and by we, I mean me, Yeah, out of a beer pint last tonight, because my gatte shaker is in the dishwasher. So that's why I'm drinking bourbon out of a pink class. Guys, I want to bring in our first guest tonight. I believe he is drafting. Let me see here right now, he is drafting from the second hole. Just took Ladd McConkie. Let's let's bring him on right now? Is this Paul to share that I'm that that is gracing.
Speaker 7: Us tonight, the one and only from All White North.
Speaker 1: From former guests of the show, and who has been drafting like a madman this year. You get, you draw the two spots, and I'm probably pretty happy to get. Well, you're on the clock right now here at the three oh two, Paul, what are you thinking?
Speaker 8: Well, I wanted Kittle, but he went a little early, touch early, so I'm gonna go I started with bijon.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go receiver and receiver again here. So I'm debating.
Speaker 8: I'm debating between Tyreek Hill here and Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 1: Pharaoh Pharaoh loves Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, Pharaoh, little pat on the back from over here. Thank you. You know the other thing too, with with Wilson, the target share should be much higher for him, I would think if, especially if Jalen Wattle has a rebound season, there's there's no threat on New York to Garrett Wilson, whereas Tyreek Hill still has Jalen Wattle there as well. Robinson McConkie Wilson, Dude, this is a this is a strong start with a lot of targets on your squad.
Speaker 7: Paul. Yeah, I'm liking it so far.
Speaker 8: I mean, like I said, I was trying to be different and go tight end early on most of my drafts. I haven't done that so just to you know, just to be different a it. But I'm I'm loving this start. Yeah, I'm cool.
Speaker 4: You can go early on different tight ends later what would be considered early for their for their draft position, their a d P. And you know what, I I think I can see that continuing in your build towards the championship here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't hear what you said there, Sorry, Elliott.
Speaker 1: Oh buddy, I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, go get some more tighty ends a little later in this draft, it'll be great.
Speaker 1: I'll better speak up, Paul, What what is bet?
Speaker 8: Your people seem to be waiting on tight end quarterback this year if you don't get those big guys. So that seems to be a pattern that I'm noticing. So, I mean, it just it just depends on what's happening in the room.
Speaker 1: Really, So, and I said, you've drafted a bunch you drafted obviously on on on the stream earlier this week. Have you found yourself waiting on tight ends more often than not in your drafts because it seems like other people are waiting on them. Clearly, it was not a priority for you to get one of the top three tight ends tonight you had your cracks at you decide to pass on them. Is that something that that's sort of like is indicative of the majority of the drafts you've done this season so far? Paul?
Speaker 7: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 8: Basically I've been double tapping most of the time or grabbing like like that second tier there, that and Joe who Ingram Hawkinson type tier there. I'll grab one out of there and then maybe uh someone else with upside.
Speaker 1: The uh we had we do not have any quarterbacks off the board at all. I want to ask you about Amari and Hampton. Uncle Bacon has just taken him at the three oh seven, Paul. He has really been flying up boards because we just we have not heard anything super positive about Nanji Hair. It's not really super negative as well. But Hampton, when we get to Las Vegas, when we get to Louisville in a few weeks, when we get to Las Vegas a couple of weeks after that, you think Hampton's gonna be settling in at that two three turn?
Speaker 2: Is he going to go that high?
Speaker 7: Well, if he scored last night, he might have been around higher.
Speaker 4: And look at this draft. Three names off the board before you're Tyreek Hill, who you were deciding a mount one of them a receiver Harrison in front of Hill. I think Hill is is in tonight's draft, and I think we'll see this trim continue that he'll be moving.
Speaker 1: Back in the draft. Yeah, and that it's weird because Tyreek Hills had the sort of like roller coaster offseason where he was he was up, then he was down, then he was up again, and now we're seeing him where does he go tonight? Farely just pointed out three h sixx. Yeah, so we'll see what happens there going forward. Any surprises in the draft tonight, Paul, when you look at this, I mean I was a little surprised to see Puka Akua go at the one oh six. We have the Dizzle Dave Gerzek popping in the YouTube chat talking about how Saquon Barkley fell in this draft, Christian McCaffrey fell in this draft. Any other thing standing out to you as we are, you know, almost three rounds in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just Harrison went a little early.
Speaker 8: I mean I think he goes on the three four turn, so that's around almost around early.
Speaker 7: So somebody likes him.
Speaker 1: It's all about getting your guys too. We'll see what happens between Matthew Book and then I think that's Igor Gorbenko's team at the three and the four. One is drafting heavy receivers, one is drafting heavy running backs, So we'll see what happens there. Paul. Do you have a favorite spot? Do you like being on the ends? Do you like being in the middle when you're drafting in the FFPC, I've.
Speaker 8: Been mostly drafting at the ends, like the second half of the draft, and this is my first time in the two slot.
Speaker 7: I actually prefer in the middle and just picking off value.
Speaker 1: If you would have had the opportunity, if Jon Robinson would have went one tonight, would you have taken Chase it two?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that doesn't matter to me. One two there. I also like Gibbs a lot, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how would so so so between Robinson and Gibbs. You obviously like Gibbs better. But this is another player that I think is interesting this year because you have David Montgomery coming back healthy, but you have a new offensive coordinator. I think the one the two guys I trust in that offense, Uh, in order, Gibbs and then Saint Brown and then a big gap then it's probably Laporta and then Montgomery after that. But Gibbs, dude, I think he's totally locked in for a big year. UH this year for sure. I wanted to ask you about McConkie. There was a report today that Keenan Allen was going to be visiting the Chargers. Does that Yeah, does that change the way you think about McConkie or is that just totally non related to taking him at the end of the second round.
Speaker 7: No, he's I think he's then Cooper Cup.
Speaker 1: Could be very well could be. That's that's that's very as to it. Paul. Listen, man, we'll let you get back to the drafting action. So glad that you popped a board tonight, Paul t Hobbs or habs? Is it hobbs or habs? Okay they yeah, all the hobbs. Yeah, absolutely, the pride of Canada, the Great White North. Paul to Shriff joining us tonight, Paul, thank you so much for hopping aboard. Enjoy the rest of the draft and enjoy the rest of the drafting season, my friend.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys, thanks for all the live streams. Some of these articles are boring, so you we're.
Speaker 1: All about that action, boss. Glad to have you man, Thank you, Paul.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys, be good.
Speaker 1: Let's see Paul to share a good guy. Always good to get the Canadian guys on here.
Speaker 4: We love the Canadian he could love David the Winnipeg Toronto score. But you know what, look at the quarterback run it's now starting with the fourth round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had Jamie Cox here.
Speaker 4: The question I would ask you would be Jamie at eleven team number twelve? Get you really, you know, did he did.
Speaker 1: He get Lamar. What's the word snipe? Snipe? You've been nice sniped? I think Jamie Dogs would have gone Lamar Jackson there well, and the other thing aiden here we'll talk about this team ten tonight, which is Matt Fay's squad. He had the opportunity to take Jaden Daniels, he had the opportunity to take Josh Allen. He ends up going Joe Burrow, which I get if you have T. Higgins or if you have Jamar Chase, but naked Joe Burrow is an interesting choice here from Matt.
Speaker 2: Fay in Yeah round early too. We actually talked about this with the Sports Gambling podcast guys. Is really obviously, stacking is less important when you are in a managed league comparatively to best ball. However, if you make the championship Sprint comes weeks fifteen through seventeen and you're Joe Burrow team, he'll be starting Joe Burrow those weeks, and more than likely the other Joe Burrow teams you're facing are gonna have Jamar Chase, T Higgins, maybe Chase Brown. So yeah, you can sprinkle it later. It just makes it much harder. Can't help. But wonder was you know, Team ten looking at this and seeing t Higgins right behind them and trying to you know, play a little you know, gamemanship within the league. They like Burrow maybe equally to Daniels and Allen, and he was trying to prevent a stack. But uh, you got to be thinking, you know, beyond just your league. So pushing Burrow a round up over a guy like Josh Allen, who I think you know is way easier to win with naked Josh Allen because of the lack of elite weapons in the receiving corps is not the right move out of the ten spot.
Speaker 1: And I mean we also heard, I mean I mentioned this to Farrell before the show too. Khalil Shakir getting nicked up in practice today, I don't think we I have not seen reporting on that for the extent of that injury. And also that's something to keep in mind as well as we move forward. Yeah, Nick, that's all we want.
Speaker 9: We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't, Yeah, we this is it's all about precautionary measures hopefully that teams are taking right now. We don't want any kind of I don't even want to say that, but hopefully Khalil Shakiir is going to be okay. Get what we want to do is get to our next guest, Ladies and gentlemen, A guest that Farrell knows very well. Guess that I know very well. Drafted against this guy many a time, and I don't think I've ever won a league that he has been drafting yet. So tonight we welcome him aboard live from the eleventh spot, the Pride of Kentucky. Now besides Ferrel Elliott, mister Jamie Cox, Jamie, welcome in there. He is all on, Jamie, you're muted. Got on, mute, brother, Maybe I can unmute him. Hey, guys, there we go, there we go. All right, all right, Jamie, welcome aboard. How's the team looking through four rounds?
Speaker 9: You know, I was I was really hoping to Higgins would would come around. But uh, and Farrell, you're wrong. I was not going to take a quarterback there, not Lamar, No, not Lamar. We'll do a little we might do a little stacking later.
Speaker 1: So oo spicy the gent pick, Jamie. He has been falling. You know, I wouldn't say falling, but there was a there was a stretch about two and a half three weeks earlier this season, where he was consistently going in the mid first. He's been falling to the to the to the late first now and you scooped uh U scroup genty up there. We can't ask Farrell about the Raiders because he's biased. We know you're unbiased, So I'll ask you about genty And how good of a pick that you think that was tonight?
Speaker 9: You know it was it was gonna be, you know, I just I can't do the McCaffrey thing, and a tan was.
Speaker 7: Was it the other choice?
Speaker 9: But you know, with when Tua with you know when he's when Tua plays, he's one of the best. But I just think that's a safe pick, honestly. I mean, they're gonna they're gonna run the ball, They're gonna throw the ball to him. I really liked that pick, so I was hoping he would fall. I was hoping him or Bowers, either one would fall.
Speaker 1: The the other receivers that you've added here, Collins, Adams, Sutton. I know Adams is not the number one in Los Angeles, but all the the other two guys are the number ones for their teams. That's a lot of targets here too, Jamie. I don't know if you're in Kentucky Motor whatever, but you're stacking up these stud volume target guys at wide receiver here. Was that sort of the idea that you thought you were gonna go this way when you found out you had the eleven spot?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm kind of kind of going hero running back, kind of go get a get a running back early and then then fill up some some receiver spots. And I think I think, you know, six through seven, eight, nine, ten, you could probably get more value at running back than you can at receiver.
Speaker 4: Jamie Cox, why didn't you consider taking Derreck Henry. He's gonna score eighty Fantasy points more than Jenny.
Speaker 7: You know, fair artists can't.
Speaker 9: You know, every year it's one of those years where you're like, man, I should have done it, But the next year I won't do it because of four hundred or whatever carries it is and it doesn't miss it. You know, you just wait for that guy to break down, but he don't.
Speaker 7: He's a machine.
Speaker 4: It doesn't, it doesn't, it doesn't matter. But that's okay. I've I'm glad to see you in here. Drafting by the time we get you in Kentucky at the main event, I'll be able to absolutely and just maybe successfully predict a move that you're gonna make. But I like your team and congratulations. The best thing I like about it, I think Balky will agree with me is Nico Collin.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a strong pick, man, I you know, was it gonna be him?
Speaker 9: I'm London. I love bron Thomas too. But uh, you know, I do watch the I do watch the bye weeks. I don't like. I don't like Week fourteen. I plan on being in the championship game. I don't want my stud out, so McCaffrey. But but yeah, so I do watch a little bit of that. But man, you could be very easily. You could stack up a bunch of Week eight players if you ain't.
Speaker 1: Careful, Jamie, Can I ask you Bengals question quick?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: So no offense? Excuse me? Is now a Cincinnati Bengal? Is this changing your fantasy interpretation of Mike Gisiki at all?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 9: Instead of taking Mike Zick in the seventeenth round, I might not take him at all.
Speaker 1: So no, basically no, it does not change, no change anything. Well, I just I asked that because you know, Gasiki seems to be like a guy that people are drafting. Is it like if they go with one of the elite guys early on, they draft Gasiki as like a backup late as like a top you know, I don't know, fifteen to twenty guy or whatever, and then I don't know. I've heard people saying like, well, fans really not going to affect what Kasiki does on the field, so his fantasy stats still should be the same. I don't know if you felt that way too.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, you always follow the money, and they paid Yasiki, so uh, you know, that's that's one thing, but fants probably just a nice add on. But you know, they got some other tight ends to get snaps too, So Djusiki didn't get all the snaps last year.
Speaker 4: But it's really a pleasure to understand that Cincinnati did pay one player that was refreshing.
Speaker 2: No, they paid it.
Speaker 9: They paid a few now, they paid, they paid Higgins.
Speaker 1: You know, they really don't want to pay anybody, but they did pay you, Sicky, no doubt about that. Uh, Jamie, listen, we we gotta fly. I'm gonna let you get back to it. Thank you, so much for joining the show tonight. Always a pleasure to talk with you. Am I gonna see in Louisville in a few weeks.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I'll be there Friday, all day Friday, and all day Sunday. I'll do a thirty two year by our thirty three, thirty third year of doing a home fantasy league on Saturday night. So gotcha all right Sunday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Perfect, Jamie, Thank you so much. Enjoy the rest of the draft, Enjoy drafting season. We'll see in a few weeks man, thank you. See you know, Jamie Cox is one of it now.
Speaker 4: I got to get a shout out to one of my pals in Louisville. He's a dear friend of mine in fantasy football. He would have told Jamie to draft Lamar Jackson. And that's my good friend John Lincoln.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get on the road and do a lot of the.
Speaker 4: Things that I want to do without Johnny Lincoln being available to cover me on some things.
Speaker 1: So good evening, Johnny, and I hope.
Speaker 2: You do it.
Speaker 1: So would John have said take Lamar Jackson over Derrick Henry at the two o two? No, no, no, you would have taken Lamar Jackson. All right there, okay, I got you at the three eleven, and yeah, he would have taken Henry doing too.
Speaker 4: And then and you know, then we could we could go back to North Carolina and talk to Lcry about stacking again, which was some of the best analysis that I have ever seen.
Speaker 2: Some early louisvillbias with all this Lamar Jackson discussion.
Speaker 1: You know, there's there's plenty of it, only starts talking up Tyler Shuck. Then well, yeah, go.
Speaker 4: There's number one Lamar Jackson, and we've got to live it, you know where it's happening now, and we've got a really enjoin.
Speaker 1: So we got so so aiden. We had Bravado chiming in on YouTube talking about Team six is looking nice. That's Frank M. Bornoni's team. Uh he He started off with Nikoua, you got Kittle in the second, and then Tyreek Hil Rashie Rice in the fourth. I know Adam Han, I don't know if he's watching this. I haven't seen him pop in yet. I know Adam does not like that that Rashid Rice pick. And then James Cook here in the fifth. When you look at Team six here in Bornoni's Scarlett squad. What do you think of that squad so far through five rounds?
Speaker 2: Aiden, you know, it's just it's I like elements of it and don't like certain elements of it. So Pokin the one oh six. My issue with Pokinakua because I think he is primed for an elite season. The issue with me is every story about him should include his injury history dating back to his days in college. You know, he really had one healthy year like his past three or four seasons, and that's concerning to me. But you know this is go get your guy time, and you know you can't always draft thinking about injury because again, he has shown the potential to stay healthy. Just in general, when I'm looking at rams receivers, just not going to panic yet. I'm the uncertainty with Stafford. I like Devonte Adams for example at the three eleven a little more. But Nikola, I'm iffy that early love Kittle. I think Dave noted in the chat right he's been moving up. That's going to keep moving up. Tyreek Kill, I think that's great value wider year fourteen in the third round for him to bounce back. Rashie Rice might have been my ride or die before kind of this news, because I was fully believing that you know, any suspension talk, any settlement, any any court resolution would be during this season towards the end based on everything I read, and he wouldn't get suspended this year, although that's kind of up in the air. Although if this is around four games, it's not going to hurt this team too much. But it's just way harder to click that button with that looming uncertainty. I'm not a James Cook guy by any means. Love Ray Davis think the touchdowns are going to regress for James Cook. There's the whole holding situation. However, the longer this drags on, I think is ADP almost adjust to where it should be. You know, we saw early on and going at the back end of the third round, fourth round. Now he's dipping to the mid fifth. I'm comfortable taking this not a team that I would have picked her out of the sixth spot. It's just a lot of guys that I'm iffy on. But I understand the build, and you know, I'm always for a you know, a wide receiver, tight and heavy start, and then you could do worse than James Cook as your RB one and the high Power Bills offense.
Speaker 4: You are the master of the graphics, and you made the statement you can't go through everyone's injury history. I don't think you need to, but I think a graphic could be added to the software Bulky, Yeah, the li Cory red cross and you know, see, if they're red cross next to the player's name, that means you have decided that that player has been injured much in the past and we'll be injured too much in the future.
Speaker 1: And I think I think there's something.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not quite what Darren Armandi does for the league, but I think it would be just as important.
Speaker 1: You know, I hate to agree with Ferrell here because I'm giving Aiden homework something to think going forward here, So we'll let you mull on that. And I want to bring in our next guest because he is drafting from the seventh spot tonight, which means he is eligible for that seven Bananas promo. If he hits the seventh spot in his next big Gorilla draft, he's gonna get a free FFPC Best Ball Team courtesy of the Fantasy Football Players Championship. And if he keeps getting that seventh spot, God knows what he's gonna get. Maybe it ends in a jungle safari for four or fifty thousand dollars. Please welcome in Uncle Bacon. Ladies and gentlemen, drafting from the seventh spot aka Maddie, here's Uncle Bacon. Good evening, sir, Hey.
Speaker 6: Good evening. How's it going guys?
Speaker 1: It's going good. How are you liking your team? This is a true rainbow start that you had tonight.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 10: It's probably like my first rainbow start ever. I wanted Bowers really bad. I'm glad I got him at the seven. I'm in two big gorillas right now where I got Bowers at two and three, and I hated that because it's way too early. But I wanted him because the tight end premium. So getting him here at the seven is real good because now I can build a different team because on the when I got him with the two and three, it's like I'm building the same team, you know. So it feels good to get this team. And Drake London's like my ride or die round two, so I like that I got him.
Speaker 6: Oh, Marion Hampton, he's he's like a here are b in round three? Josh Allen elite QB can't beat that.
Speaker 1: As the fourth quarterback off the board too.
Speaker 10: Right, Travis Hunter. I mean, I think Travis hunty dude. I'm real slappy on him this year. He's like my most exposure out of anybody, and I just think he's gonna kill it. So I'm so happy I got him right here.
Speaker 1: So that was a question that we got on YouTube, Uncle Bake and we head Bravado asking why you wanted to go with Travis Hunter over Calvin Ridley. He also seconded that Travis Hunter over George Piketts. You could add any one of the of the three. You already mentioned that Hunter is your top, that you have him, you know, owned everywhere right now, so clearly you like him over these guys. Can you tell us a little bit about why Hunter is still going to explode despite him being a rookie, despite him playing defense, and despite him being on the same field as Brian Thomas Junior as well.
Speaker 10: I just I'm just, like I said, I'm slappy about it. I just believe that he's gonna be I think that Pickens is a guy that has an attitude.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he's going to be is as good as they say he's going to be. He's on a new team.
Speaker 10: Dak, Dude, Dak's always injured. I just don't believe in Dak. I don't think Dak's in the last seventeen weeks. So let's see what happens with that. So I just don't believe in that. And then what was that Ridley?
Speaker 7: What is he?
Speaker 2: Thirty years old?
Speaker 10: He's got a new quarterback, he's got cam Ward cam Warden might be good. I just think with Travis Hunter, he's just a stud.
Speaker 6: Dude. You can't pass up on that guy over those two guys.
Speaker 1: Maddy, you are on the clock here right now in the sixth round. The one good thing about well, there's multiple good things about your team. But you can go anywhere. Man. You got the balance here. You could double up on tight end. You could go with a running back, you could add to a receiver. I don't think you'll go quarterback here, but I don't know anything as possible. What do you think of here for the six to soh six?
Speaker 10: Well, the dude, all of my teams, I'm always light on running back always. I'm always like you know, I got like one hero and that's it. So I think I'm gonna go with DeAndre Swift here, but I got to get lucky and hope that he I'm you know, who knows what's going to happen with him on this team, So that's kind of scary, but I'm picking him, dude.
Speaker 1: So DeAndre Swift is the pick for Uncle Bacon here, Hampton and Swift now in the backfield, and I think they that's an interesting pick, Maddy, because you know, you have to take your chances. You have to make your bets on certain players, not only to win your league, but to try to win this million dollar Grand Prize. You got to hit on some big players, and if you hit on Swift, this could be a huge deal.
Speaker 10: It's scary, though, dude, because I mean, I know people talk about how Ben Johnson had him on the Lions, and it wasn't him that got rid of him.
Speaker 6: But we'll see.
Speaker 10: Man, they draft him an young guy. I don't know how good he's going to be. He could break out andy in preseason. So Swift is one of those picks where it's like, man, I look at that, that's like my least favorite pick by far. I mean, obviously it's my last pick.
Speaker 1: You do if it's your least favorite pick, then then what's what what what upside do you see there that you're like, Okay, I gotta take him at this.
Speaker 10: I got it because I got to take the risk, Like what if he's like a baby Jamior Gibbs to to, you know, with Ben Johnson over there, I mean, I'll take that because over all the other running backs that were available, I'm just really not man running backs. I'm just not into them. But I'm always feeling I always think running backs are gonna get injured. You just never know, dude, It's I don't know. I always think keep drafting them.
Speaker 1: Then the attitude you have, you're gonna need more.
Speaker 6: I know, I know that's true.
Speaker 1: But this is a perfect spot for me to turn it over.
Speaker 4: As musical duties called tonight, I must hit the rope, but I'm leaving it.
Speaker 1: In great hands.
Speaker 6: Was good to meet you.
Speaker 4: It was pleasures all mind sir. You're a legend in this league. But you're on your way towards the championship, and I wouldn't leave here. Wasn't if I couldn't leave it in the hands of such a fantastic young man. As the LT glory profile over here, and I will be saying so long to my dear friend. Right, I'm gonna take this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, I wish you a great evening and we'll see you next right, all right, that's Farrel, Elliott, Ladies and gentlemen. Now you know where you're going, right, you know your way out? Okay?
Speaker 6: All right? Perfect?
Speaker 1: Ferrel knows where he's going and uh and we will see him again soon. First time ever, Farrell and I have done a video show together, which is always fun. Anytime we can.
Speaker 2: We can make that. Uncle Macon, are you are you an Angels fan?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well I was sorry, I know I was.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 10: Well, I grew up in southern California, so I'm a Dodger angel if. I went to Dodgers games as a kid, Angel games, but more Dodgers than Angels.
Speaker 6: But then I went to a lot of Angels games.
Speaker 10: When you know, they had Mike Sosha as the as the manager, and then they had got Mike Trout. Dude, they never even won a playoff game and their their owner, Artie Moreno, he just doesn't care about winning, bro, He cares about making money and that's all good and getting butts and seats, but the Dodgers are all about winning. So it's like it's all about the Dodgers right now.
Speaker 1: Maddy, Maddy, let me ask you this. If Travis Hunter is your most owned player, who do you think is your second.
Speaker 2: Most own player so far?
Speaker 10: By far o Marion Hampton by far and dude, I've been drafting since February, so it's like I've been I've been drafting. I've got like a couple one hundred and something best balls on draftings going. I'm doing Underdog in August and I got like thirty four redraft teams. I I uh yeah, I started in February, and I'm all about Hunter, I'm all about Hampton. And then the draft capital only helps more, dude, I mean the second they get you're.
Speaker 2: Still drafting Hampton as his ADP has been moving up because he's going at to fifth round and like you know, March April right right.
Speaker 10: But see that I wasn't getting him that much. Then I only had him a few times. So now I'm like, I don't care, dude, Like right now I got him what round three, I don't care.
Speaker 6: I'm good. You know, I think he's gonna crush.
Speaker 2: Afore we know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uncle Bacon, do you find yourself building more because in the FFPC, obviously you only have to start two running backs, you only have to start two receivers. Do you on yourself building more running back heavy teams or wide receiver heavy teams in the big gorilla wide receiver by far?
Speaker 10: Because and I grabbed, I grab like three to four tight ends because of the tight end premium.
Speaker 6: M hm, you know so.
Speaker 10: But but yeah, when it comes to the running backs, it's like, yeah, I just man, I don't know, dude, I'm just I've always been like that. I've been drafting for you know, over a decade, and I'm just something about the running backs. They're always getting injured. You just never know, you know.
Speaker 1: The pick is coming up, you are in the hole right now again and now you're on deck. So, Maddie, I think the other thing that to talk about here, and I brought this up in the sixth round. You have two running backs, you have two receivers, you have a tight end, you have a quarterback, Like this is another pick where this is what I always like to do, especially when I'm in the middle. Have flexibility. What is Bruce Lucy h b water right, So you are water right now, and that water allows you to scoop up the value where you see it. You just saw Frank in Bornoni double up on tight ends here. I don't know if that affects your thinking at all.
Speaker 10: Actually it doesn't affect my thinking, but that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 7: Here it goes do.
Speaker 10: Here's my pick, and I'll tell you why I boom Mark and because the bye week works with with Bowers and then with with Isaiah clean his foot. I know they're like, oh, it's four to six weeks, blah blah.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 10: Dude, Mark Andrews is gonna get Target City, so I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: We have now seen both inm Bornoni and Uncle Bacon double up at tight end. How does that affect the rest of the draft. You'll have to keep watching to find out, as we're only a third of the way through. Can we follow you on X at Uncle Bacon F.
Speaker 6: F Maddy, Yes you can.
Speaker 10: I just opened my social media, so I just started it, so there's nothing there now, but I'm gonna post all my exposures, all my everything I do, everything I win and miss and lose and everything, like I'm gonna post all that once.
Speaker 6: Once I'm right before the season, I'm gonna post all my exposures and stuff.
Speaker 1: So all right, well it was.
Speaker 10: I'm also in the next I signed up to the Big Gorilla Draft and on August thirteenth, so I'll probably see you there too.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go. Absolutely, there we go.
Speaker 1: Uncle Bacon, ladies and gentlemen, making his debut on in the heigh Stakes Fantasy footballer tonight. Thanks so much, dude, really appreciate it. Enjoy the rest of the draft, Enjoy the rest of the drafting season, and we'll see us soon. Thanks as absolutely. Maddie hopping a board Uncle Bac had good stuff from him tonight. As we are powering through the seventh round here the tight end round, Aden Hockinson, Ingram and Djoku and Andrews all going off the board here too. And I always like to point this out. It used to be back in the day, back in the day, that once one team doubled up on tight end, I think we saw some fireworks. I don't think it's been that anymore. But once we see a second team double up, in the fact that we're seeing two tight ends here by two different teams already in the seventh round. I think things could get pretty interesting on the ends here for you know, Teams one through three, Teams ten through twelve, to see what they do and how they react to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this draft is off the rails. I feel like I'm always saying that kind of every stream I do. But I think it's maybe more of a produc of the uniqueness that we see when we do these streams and you kind of see the unexpected and you kind of focus on that. But this one just I mean Team ten, I'm matrigued to see what they do because I put it in the chat. I mean, they are pushing guys adp up starting with Kamaro I think was middle fourth row around early digs almost two rounds. Myers was around early. I know this is not answering your question the slightest. That's okay there. They are fascinating to me. Now Khalil Shakir almost around early, So fascinating draft there. But yeah, Tyler Warren goes, I think it's gonna I think teams one and three half to be panicking a little bit because especially you know that eight through nine and remy there in the in the five hole, because you're worry now is you know, teams eight and nine with Kelsey and Laporta, which aren't the most you know, comfortable tight end situations. I would say Laporta coming off of a super disappointing year, Traff Kelsey is incredibly old despite the positive reports, and look like you kind of lost a step last year. So I mean, if they're doubling up, you assume Team twelve probably takes one because they're scared of the rush of Teams one, three and five have to be kind of shaken a little bit here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Remy is an interesting team because that dude is always just drafted based on, like, you know, what he thinks.
Speaker 2: And Remy's a beast man. We me and Turp are always like what is he doing? And then he comes and he wins the league and we look like idiots, right Like we had the Main Event one, We were like what is going on? And you know, Remy doesn't care because Remy's gonna draft how Remy drafts.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he gets his guys he.
Speaker 7: Hits.
Speaker 2: So I will say, I don't I don't mind the start for him. I actually I like this build compared to his main Event one that he did, but this is a strong start, but tight end, I'm sure he's a little worried.
Speaker 1: About uh at this point. I mean, you could make the case that when he took Jerry Judy here at the seven o five, you can make the case that he considered tight end and maybe he didn't like it Andrews or he didn't like in Djoku or Tyler Warren being a rookie ar Tucker Craft who also went in the seventh round.
Speaker 2: Tucker Craft is really climbing too.
Speaker 6: What do you make.
Speaker 2: Of the reports that, uh, that not reports Craft and Lafleur had a little to for tat in the media with his fumbling issues.
Speaker 1: You know that. I don't, that's not. Yeah, I'm very little.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't put too much stock into that. I should say that, like the people who cover the team up here, I don't think anybody's making a big deal out of it. So I'm not either. What I would make a big deal about Tucker Craft is uh, this Packers offense with all these different receivers and the fact that they added two more in the drafting Christian Watson. The reports on him have been really good where he's not only running, but he's cutting and he's changing. Turf is already well aware. He's already been posting it on acts at Dave Turp. He's very excited about it. I'm tempering my expectations concern excited. The thing with Craft is like, yeah, he doesn't he doesn't leave the field and and he's out there a ton And I know Luke Musgrave is destined to get hurt again because that's what he does. But right now Musgrave's tearing it up and training camp. He's catching everything thrown to him. So I don't know. Man like it. Craft to me, I'm fine with him in best ball, but in a managed league like this, I think it could get dicey fork.
Speaker 2: I will just say, real quick, Matthew Golden's sake on packers. And if you have to go to a guest on if I was saying I go ahead, I want to get back to perfect, I'll just say, Matthew Golden, they invested the draft capital.
Speaker 1: And he just went by the way at the aight oh two today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've been waiting for him his ADP to rise. It hasn't. It's been remaining pretty steady. I think people are getting at Valde because I think Matthew Golden is what people wanted Christian Watson to be in. More so, I'm a big fan of that picket data too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Golden, the reports on him have been have been excellent so far today or so far in training camp as well. I might be eating some crow on that one, because I mean it's early yet. I could still be right. But I just say the same critique I have with Tucker Craft they have about Matthew Golden. I think week to week trying to figure out if this is a Golden week or if this is a Craft week, it's just gonna be maddening. You know, it's not maddening. Bringing in our next guest to ask his input from the four spot tonight. He is managing the g men and he is joining us right now on the show. Please welcome aboard, mister Gorbinko, Igor, Welcome in.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, just give me Yeah, it's not my pick.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: How's everybody doing?
Speaker 1: We're doing excellent. You are on deck right now. You are seven picks in again a team that you start off heavy on the running back and then you've been splashing in some receivers. With McLaurin and DeVonta Smith, you get Jalen Hurts and Evan ingerm obviously that eagle stack. Where are you going now with this eight h nine pick, Igor, I.
Speaker 5: Have no idea I'm thinking right now. So I got sniped with just if he picks away.
Speaker 1: So give me one second. Okay, you you listen, you make the pick. I'm gonna tell everybody about your team here. So the g man, this is Igor squad from the four hole. He started off with Gibbs Irving and then Kyra and Williams. So a lot of volume, a lot of touches, a lot of upside in that backfield. He added Terry McLaurin in the fourth maybe depressed value because of the hold up situation, contract situation. And then he gets this eagle stack here in back to back picks Jalen Hurts at the five oh four uh, and then DeVonta Smith at the six oh nine here, and then you know, sort of before all these tight ends went off the board in the seventh round within Djoku Andrews warning craft, Igor ends up getting Evan ingram As the seventh tight end off the board, and you have decided to add to your running back room here, Igor, tell us a little bit about your pick at the eight or nine.
Speaker 5: So this is not my my favorite pick I've been. I didn't like Joe Mixon this year was you know, so it was a big drop off at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: So he's getting older a bit.
Speaker 5: But in round eight, a lot of my players was looking for either Ricky Biriso America and Buka you know, so these players pretty much were gone. So I was hoping for one of them to drop to me, and I did not. I picked Joe Mixon, Like I said, not my favorite pick, but just because I didn't like anybody else at that spot pretty much.
Speaker 2: What do you think you think he's ready for week one?
Speaker 1: Is it a coin flip right now? You're not sure?
Speaker 5: I I'm picking him in round eight. I think is probably going to be ready by week three four.
Speaker 1: Just my opinion.
Speaker 5: I could be wrong, but I have a lot of running back deb so I don't mind keep him an a bench for a little bit. And I did not plan to start with the running backs back to back. I thought Gibbs is going to fall to number three, so I get cd M. I was fading out with Jefferson a little bit, just because of the hemmy. They like to, you know, draft injured players. But it just the board just was falling to me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I got Backy, and I got Karen Williams, and I was thinking between DK Metcalf and McLaurin. So it wasn't made easier for me by team five. So you know, just sometimes it just falls the way there is. They just have to go with the flow.
Speaker 1: Did you not think you were going to get Bucky Irving in the second? Egord I was getting a little nervous, Yes, okay, all right, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought it's going to be taking six or six, team six or five. But I like him this year. I picked the motion in the other league. I'm betting big on him. I think he's gonna you know, I think he's going to finish top five. You are on the clock once again. Igor Imbornoni ends up taking George Kittle in the second. Jonathan Taylor goes to Remy Lebou at the two.
Speaker 1: Wait, and then Bucky Irving does indeed fault to the g met Igor Gurbenko's team here he gets Irving here. Now you got four running backs on this squad, Gibbs, Irving, Kyraen Williams Mixing. You still have the two receivers in McLaurin and Smith. Obviously you are set at the onesie positions. At least your your your top choices at both of those with Hurtz and Ingram. Take us through the thought process here, who's the pick going to be at the nine to four?
Speaker 5: Igor I'm taking with Keen and now the running back on wide receiver, just trying to figure it out who I want more.
Speaker 1: The first three picks of the ninth round ended up being Michael Pittman to Craig Mastro, the abusement park that is, Paul to Sheriff's team.
Speaker 2: He goes with Jayden Murray.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray ends up going Jade Reid to Paul to share excuse me, and then Matthew Book takes Kyler Murray and you take one of my favorite players this year. Guy, I'm really starting to grow on or he's starting to grow on me from New York aptly joining the g Men team in this league. It is Cam scatable. Igor. What do you like about Scataboo?
Speaker 5: I think with the Tracy fanboing issues and to me, I look at scattaby I think he's well rounded ryan back, and I think by the second half of the year he should be the starter.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I think that. And maybe I'm being a little aggressive in this aiden I think that Scataboo might be the starter from the get go.
Speaker 5: That would be That would be a nice boness. And what I like about FFPC it gives us a lot of flexibility, Like, like you see, I have like five running backs. It doesn't really matter because I can start four of them and any given a week, and not to worry about the other positions. So I'm trying to go bas in my list with the best player available. So I don't know how many receivers I'm going to get at the end, hopefully few at least, but you know, you know, I don't want to say I'm nervous, but I'm a little concerned. But let's see how it's going to turn out with the receivers wise, you.
Speaker 2: Know, what do yeah? What do you think?
Speaker 1: I mean? Like, is it just a for because we're almost halfway through. Are you just gonna be pounding receivers through the through the second half of the draft. You probably have some work to do A tight end. I don't know how you feel about drafting a backup quarterback with with Jalen Hurts, but then with these five running backs. I mean, some people igor would say, like, you're good and you wouldn't even need to take a six one at all. I would say you probably still need a six one. But you think this mix over your next eleven picks is going to be dominated by wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Honestly, no cool. I'm going to continue going what I'm doing, the best play available. If all the wide receivers I want taken, I'm going to go a different route. I'm gonna go tight end or you know, a wide receiver and quarterback, I'm probably going to be fading on the left. I'm going to get the very good value on the quarterback. So I feel like we have a lot of wide receivers, even you can pick some guys up after round sixteen. At this point, there's so many wide receivers out there and a lot of this. I know there is very popular this notion you take hero B or zero running backs.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember we had the year where everybody got injured, But I think the workhorse running backs, you know, help win the league. I've been doing the FFPC for at least ten years now. I think this is the first time I'm talking to you guys.
Speaker 1: A nice meeting.
Speaker 5: And by the way, so I'm excited about and I love this league because I looked at the owners away was like, everybody has like a star over there, so this is going to be very very competitive league. And I'm looking at the pigs, I'd say very unorthodox. Everybody's going about it some place like somebody mentioned go up the board a lot, some place drop. So it's it's it's very interesting because every year I woke at the draft and I was like, well I woke at round four onund five, and there was no players that actually popped at that but they're around six and seven. Everybody everybody was going crazy, So I guess you know, once with you'r reaches, I'm not surprised anymore because there could be a better player in the previous rounds.
Speaker 1: At this point, it's it's it's it's interesting and and for a guy, I mean listen, like been playing with that f f PC ten plus years. Number one, thank you for the support Dave Gerzak, f f PC co founder, giving you a shout out very cool that you popped in that that WGIt you for sure, and uh listen, I the last question I want to leave you with here, Dylan Samson, there's been some Cleveland Browns chat in in the in the uh in the YouTube chat right now, Dylan Samson goes at the nine oh six, Igor, how have you been handling the Browns running back situation with this kind of nebulous like quinch On Judkins isn't signed, he's got this off field stuff. How do you treat those Browns running backs? You can throw Jerome Ford in this conversation as well.
Speaker 5: I'm a little biased because I have I did two drafts already, one before the draft and the other one about a month ago. I have Dylan Sampsons on both of my team. I really like him this year, even before Jackkins was suspended, so because I always felt he could be I know, he didn't catch a lot of passes, but I think he could be. You know, he could be a third down guy. He's very fast and shifty, and now his value is definitely going up. So I don't know what's going to happen to Jadkins. He might have a value hopefully it's going to be all resolved, you know. I hope he's not going to miss the season hopefully, you know, let's see what's going to happen. I don't want to speculate on that, but I was very high on Dylan Samson even before he was drafted by Browns because I thought I thought he and Jenkins.
Speaker 1: Like neck and neck.
Speaker 5: So I don't see the difference around two and around four in the draft per se, but I think the very similar talent.
Speaker 1: Speaking of similar talent, Igor Gurbenko is similar talent to maybe a million winner this year, million dollar winner in previous years for sure, Igor, thank you so much for popping a board tonight. We really appreciate your support of the FFBC over the last decade. Enjoy the remainder of this draft tonight, Enjoy the rest of the drafting season, and hopefully we'll get a chance to talk to you again real soon. Sounds good. Thank you, guys. It was very nice meeting everybody. Good meeting you, absolutely, Thank you, Igor. Gordbanko, Ladies and gentlemen. He's running the g Men franchise from the four spot tonight and aiden running it into a pretty good spot. I mean, I think that people would say that, well, his receivers are a little bit light, but those with that receiver room can look pretty good pretty quick. We're only in round I mean, he's only made nine picks, and certainly, I know in Best Ball it's maybe easier to improve your receiver room because you don't have to decide when you're starting these guys. But even in this, like, you know, there's some good value here in the mid rounds. I know a lot of people like to draft running back in these rounds, and obviously you look at the board right now, you're seeing a ton of green from rounds eight through ten. There's some good receiver values here available for g men that that he can really take this team to the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. And you know, when you've been drafting on FFPC for a decade, I trust that you know you're gonna have the ability to react on the fly and build at that receiver room. I mean, I can't not fault anyone. I should say for going the best player available strategy. I think it's sound. I think mix In's efficiency concerns possible. What he marks Nick Chubb taking carries, I think that's kind of alleviated when you're getting him in a round eight. So I like that pick. Obviously you seem hyin Scattaboo, I saw today that you know, he's misspracticed the last couple of days. He walked off the practice field and looked a little frustrated. So that's just something I didn't want to mention for those who didn't see that, just as something to monitor. You always hope it's nothing serious, but you just you never know. I just feel like, as it's just a constant stream of injury news at the start of August, it's always an unfortunate time, but it's just constant worry for these guys who leave the practice field.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna appeuse my b here in Dave Gerzek the Dizze because he is he's he's switched to the capslock for his latest post on YouTube. Here can someone talk about James Cook at five oh six For.
Speaker 2: The love of God?
Speaker 1: Well, for the love of God is We're gonna bring it to you right now. Three twelve is, according to fantasymojo dot com, where he goes in the Big Gorilla Tournament over the last three days. Anytime we are citing ADP on this On the show, we always give credit to Fantasy Mojo Darren Rmani, who put together the pros versus Joe's challenge for the umpteenth year in a row. If you are playing in the FFPC, highly recommend you get a subscription to Fantasymojo dot com. It's infinitely helpful for you. James Cook the latest he has gone, ate it, the latest he's gone over the last three days and a big gorilla was the four h four. What happened in this draft to night? Did something happen in practice today that James Cook slipped basically a full round and a half to the five oh six tonight? Pretty crazy and certainly Frankie Bornoni is maniacally wringing his hands together and cackling to get James Cook there.
Speaker 2: I mean, bulky, we have this draft has Hunter Henry into a frown. The earliest Hunter Henry's gone was the eleven threat. He's thirteenth round on average. Like, I don't I'm not questioning anything. You're also asking someone who's not a James Cook fan. I don't even know if he's the best running back on that roster. That's me being biased as a Kentucky fan, but also just I'm not a James Cook believer. As I kind of said earlier, I believe a strong touchdown regression is coming. This is a guy who didn't score touchdowns, was known for n not scoring touchdowns.
Speaker 7: Al sudden.
Speaker 2: He jumps up to eighteen total last year. That's coming back down. You have the whole holding situation. We'll see. Obviously he's more than likely going to play, but you know is miss time in camp. We know that is not conducive too fast starts. So I'm not a believer in Cook. I'm surprised as adp hasn't fallen further. I will say it's surprising, But when you kind of look at that round, that fourth round, when he's kind of normally been going, you're looking at it was essentially just all receivers and quarterbacks. Obviously a little surprising to see James Connor out of him Team one. Obviously like the upside of Arjie Harvey and tre Von Henderson, rookies always way more sexy to draft than James Cook. But it was just a quarterback and receiver run that was the byproduct of James Cook's fall, not really people passing under too much. Roughly, there was three running backs taken over him. It was just the receivers got pushed up.
Speaker 1: So James Cook, this is gonna blow you away. James Cook received. Now this is And he had a baller a year last year, right.
Speaker 7: James Cook.
Speaker 1: And obviously that a lot of that was touchdown influenced. He had under fifty percent of offensive snaps in his games played. Think about that for a second. He was on the field less than he was off the field last year. Despite putting up a baller season, he still got Ray Davis. You still got Ty Johnson as well. And Ty Johnson on third down last year had one hundred and forty nine snaps James Cook twenty seven. This is a massive regression to the mean. And I'll say this, I understand the arguments. Understand the arguments in total for James Cook. And why he fell tonight. I don't know why he's falling a full round and a half, Like, is this big gorilla setting the new ADP with James Cook.
Speaker 2: Again? I think you have to take it into vacuum though, because he's been going as RB sixteen he falls to RB twenty. I think his fall was more of a factor of people getting caught up at the start with the quarterbacks, and then it was just people were hammering receivers. So I don't know how much of the reflection is on Cook. I mean, clearly there is to a degree when you have Henderson Harvey Conner going before him, But I think you have to kind of look at it within within the draft itself and kind of see what was going on. But I mean, as Dave points out in the chat, is as even not as a day James Cook fan, I mean, you're doing that every time there at the at the what the five oh six, because you got it. You have now a very different team than most because you're getting almost a round of full value on James Cook.
Speaker 1: You know What's what's funny too, is and frankim Bornoni, who took him at the five oh six, I wonder if he considered him at the four oh seven where he took Raschi Rice because he did not have a running back on his squad yet, And then when Cook came back to it the five oh six, it's like that's when you go on the internet, you google James Cook and see make sure he's number one alive, number two still healthy and then then you make the pick. So yeah, wild stuff there tonight for James Cook falling all the way to the five oh six tonight. We had Paul Schaterra, Paul Paul tishera on earlier and I can't remember who said it in the in the chat aiden, but there were some people talking positively about his team, liking his build. Obviously. He went hero RB here with Bijon Robert Jean Robinson at the at the one o two, pounded it with McConkey Wilson. He made that pick live on the air Worthy and then Whiskey Bill, James and Williams here at the in the fifth round. And then he's added I mean, he's just kind of jumping around here. He's added to the running back room. He brought another receiver into with Jayden Reid at the nine h two. Hockinson is is his tight end in the seventh round, which I think is good value. I'd have to mojo that up to make sure I'm speaking correctly on that. And then Justin Fields is his number one quarterback here in the eleventh. As we have now begun the second half of the draft, this is a good squad. What do you make of this build here for Paul TASCHERA drafting from.
Speaker 2: The two hole. Yeah, I mean, I think this is one of my favorite drafts in this in this league so far. Obviously kind of talked about Bijon and Ladd is a great start. You have Wilson stacked with fields, and on top of that, I think Field is a standalone value is great because of that that rushing floor. I mean, he's just got to stay healthy. But we've seen even though he is not even close to an average NFL passer from a fantasy player, he's arguably elite because he rushes the ball so much. You know, David Montgomery, if you're going to go here, a running back is a second running back to head. Not only that, his receivers obviously mentioned Laden Wilson, but Worthy and Jamo are both huge upside plays could burn you some weeks, but their huge weeks are gonna could single handly win you matchups. Dobbins I actually really do like as much as I like Harvey. If Dobbins is not going to stay healthy, unfortunately that's just his mo. But for the weeks he does look shock me looking great last year. And Sean Payton I think, you know, can utilize multiple running backs, and especially as Harvey acklemans to the NFL, who knows where his blocking's going to be. I think Dobbin's a good value. Don't love Javonte Williams, don't love anything in that Cowboys running back room, but you could do worse than possibly having an RB one on what has notoriously been a good rushing team. And honestly, I'm intrigued to hear what your thoughts are on Jaden Reid. I hyped on Matthew Golden. We thought the Reid breakout was coming after Week one last year, you know, But then how much of his struggles and inconsistencies in your mind was that high ankle spread, which we know SAP players And maybe are we do for a post type sleeper year or is this a guy who's just going to be inconsistent and maybe not achieved the hype that he was bestowed last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A few things on Jayden Reid. Number one, wasn't it a shoulder injury late last season? I thought it was a shoulder rather than.
Speaker 2: That he had he had a high ankle or early week three, Week two of those that kind of form Okay.
Speaker 1: So then he got hurt later on in the season, and I don't think he missed any games. He played through it. And that was a shoulder injury. And the reason I bring this up is because if you look at the snaps and his touches after that shoulder injury, I don't know what happened. It was like week twelve, week thirteen, something like that. Like Matt Lafleur just never used him at that point, just never. He didn't even give him a chance to run the ball with them. They weren't throwing to them, they weren't doing anything with Jayden Reid. Meanwhile, you know Wix is out there a ton and Dobbs and watching everything. So I am of the belief that the the the shoulder injury for Reid last year just killed him. And and I know he had he said he didn't have surgery on it, but like it took him like a month or two to fully recover from that shoulder injury. So Number One, I think that was huge. Number Two Drew Rosenhaus. It was his new agent this offseason, fired his current agent hired Drew Rosenhaus, and then after the Packers end up drafting Matthew Golden and Savian Williams. Drew Rosenhause meets with Brian Guodacunz, the GM of the Packers, and apparently this was more of a meeting. The way it was played off in the press was that, oh, Rosenhaus is demanding an explanation, explanation for his client. Why would you do this to my client, Jayden Reid? He's your number one receiver? And Jane Reid explained later that this was more of just like, hey, I'm Jayden's new agent. Just want to get to you know, know you talk about Jaye read a little bit better. This is not a thing on like the Packers, you know, not believing in Read. And then the last thing I'll mention on this, Brian Gudacunz said, and you can google this. I've tried to find the exact quote, but reputable people have said this. Guda kun said that the draft picks of Golden and save Williams do not affect Jayden reid status as the number one receiver on this team. So I so long story short, I know I say I don't draft Packers receivers and tight ends because it could be a week to week thing. For all of them. If there's one Packers receiver I've been drafting this year Packers pass catcher hasn't been Tucker Craft. It hasn't been Matthew Golden, it hasn't been Dobbs. It's been Jayden Reed. And I wouldn't say I've been drafting him a ton, but I'm a believer in red as the in my opinion, if there's any trustworthy, consistent receiver on this team this year for Green Bay, it's it's not any of those other guys. For me Aiden, it's Jayden Reid.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I'm I don't mind the pick, especially in the ninth round, because this is a guy I'm of the belief that with that high ankle, we've seen that what seen what that does to players, especially players you know, rely on speed, and it seems like he was beat up last year, which, if you want to say map's a concern understandable with the way they use in the size, but I think we've seen what he can do. I mean your fifth receiver as well. I mean it's just another addition to what's been a really good building. As I said, there's only maybe one pick. I'm like, I think Dave also points out to the chat Dave has been and Dave has been loving this drunk draft to talk about who's dropping because the value is insane, and Hockinson's another one. As I said, Jamonte Williams is maybe the only one. I'm like, hey, I don't know, you know if I would have done that, but you know you're in the tenth round, and the running back groups are what they are, so really good draft from team too.
Speaker 1: So Dave wanted to point this out to Jane Reid's snap percentage last year was sixty three percent, which, obviously, as Pete Campbell would tell us, not great, Bob, But I do want to look this up just to make sure I'm explaining this properly. So this dude did not get so weeks one through nine he had at least five catches. Excuse me, you had at least four catches, which I know is not great, but at least four catches one, two, three, four, five six times in nine weeks. Right after that he had one game, this is after the shoulder injury. He had one game where he had five catches. So I'm still of the belief that, yeah, I mean, his snapshare is down, and I'm certainly not advocating for everybody to take Jade and Read ahead of ADP. I don't know if he's necessarily going to be on the field a ton more than he was last year. You're drafting him at your own risk. But I will say that I think this shoulder injury, which again took months to recover from, really affected not only him being on the field, but Lafleure kind of protecting him and making sure that he is he's able to play in the postseason as well. And I think the numbers back that up that this was just a guy that for whatever reason, we didn't know why they're going away from him, they just did never give him a chance. And that's the one guy if I trust anybody, and trust is a strong word, as Matthew Berry would say, but if there's one guy I trust, it's Read. And where did he go tonight? We're just talking about this ninth round?
Speaker 7: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I know too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's fine.
Speaker 6: Moving on.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this turned into the Jayden Reid Show, but apologies on that. Let's talk about some former Kentucky Wildcats. Give us the latest on Wandale Robinson, or something aiden that we shifted to more of your expertise.
Speaker 2: You can, I can.
Speaker 1: No, We're gonna we will lose hundreds and thousands of if we do that. Let's yeah, yeah, exactly, Let's get the latest that will love is he's he's rubbing man's on his shoulder right now. Isaiah likely goes at the twelve oh one tonight to see t ESPN. That's Brady Stewart squad. We don't know. This is another player that we don't know when he's gonna play again. It could be week one, it might be before week one, it might be after week one. And what's kind of buddying the waters a little bit with Likely is his head coach said earlier this offseason, which great. I think Pharoll brought this up to. You know, head coaches are always going to talk up their players. But somebody said, oh, what are your expectations for Isaiah Likely this year? And he said, well, for him to be an All Pro? And I'm like, what, how is he going to be an All Pro? Behind Mark Andrews. How's it going to be an All Pro? With Jay Flowers catching passes in front of him? How's it going to be an all pro, not being an option that's looked at ahead of Rashad Bateman, who they just paid, So that kind of caught me off guard. Likely, God, where the hell is Scott Hoyt tonight? He's the Isaiah likely president of the fan club here and he goes in the twelfth round. Is this the right spot in the tight end premium league to be drafting Isaiah? Likely? Joe Del's and Arrow has always said there's no such thing as a bad pick after the tenth round, So I guess if you want to pair him with Tucker Craft, I would still look at another tight end Brady on this squad if I was drafting it. But likely is that the right spot for him to go, given that we just don't know what's going on with that leg injury right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could even take him a little earlier and I wouldn't knock it at all. Here's why I think Mark Andrews, regardless of how serious the rumors were. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there was rumors right that Mark Andrews is possibly in the tray block, you know, cat purposes. Mark Andrews obviously struggled last year. He's getting older. They love Likely. We saw what Likely can do week one. Obviously that led to some crazy draft boards in Vegas, as you and me saw, but it did feels up until this injury, the Likely and Andrews ADP was growing closer and closer, and there was maybe even a point where we would switch up, as you know Andrews older memories of the drop and the playoffs come. And now this injury has kind of shifted it back. But I think you're thinking long term here in round twelve and come maybe even mid season when he's healthy. I think it's more than possible that Isaiah Likely is the tight end to own in Baltimore over Mork Andrews. So I think that's a great value in round twelve. I think you can't be scared off with the injury because you're in these later rounds. Now, you already have your tight end one and Tucker Craft I agree with you, they should probably find another one just for those early weeks. But this is absolutely where you should be taking Isaiah Likely, maybe even a little earlier, because you could be getting a top five tight end come year's end, and the guy who's going in the first four rounds season.
Speaker 1: The drunkest part of the draft of this draft is James Cook, right, like, that's the overseer.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have a hot thing. I think it's Hunter Henry. Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: So that was that was My next question is is if that was the drunkest part, what's the second second?
Speaker 2: Drugs Henry?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd love it and we'll go on Mojo. We should find this out. Has Hunter Henry ever been drafted before Dallas Goddard in any big Gorilla draft this year? And I don't know if the answer is yes to that, but Craig Mastro ends up getting both of them on the team. Now, in Mastro's defense, is there something to be said about Mike Rabel and Josh McDaniels, who don't necessarily like playing rookies a whole lot, at least historically, and two of their better offensive weapons this year are rookies, and Kyle Williams and Trevon Henderson. You have Stefan Diggs, who I know has been looking very good, but he's still on the wrong side of thirty coming off a very serious knee injury. Is there something to be said for Hunter Henry being the top target on an ascendant offense in a tight end premium format, which, by the way, Hunter Henry was pretty good last year.
Speaker 2: For the record, I don't actually mind Hunter Henry as a player at all, but you know, when his ADP is in the thirteenth round, taking him at the end of the eighth is where the issue lies for me. Obviously, there was a huge tight end run. We had kind of discussed that and how Team one and three would react back in round eight, and they both took tight ends in that round. I'm almost at the belief at that point you just pivot and kind of completely punt on tight end and just take you know, three flyers late. But like you could have done that with Hunter Henry assumably, and you know, even in round ten got her. Henry's tough because he did have a good year last year. Don't mind, it's just relative to the value of the pick. That's an eighth round selection on a guy who you probably got at least two or three rounds later. Dallas Goddard's really tough for me to manage because of how many maus are out of feed in Philadelphia between Saquan Devonte Smith, AJ Brown and there's not going to be games right where they're just running the ball and god, it's not you know, involved in the passing him that much because of limited pass share, and those shares are going to aj Brown Defonte Smith. Tenth round. Again, you can't knock it too much, especially as what is that tight end seventeen, But just overall as a player, he's tough because he's what the fourth option at best on that team, and that's just a tough pill to swallow, especially when there's going to be games where they're notough throwing the ball that much.
Speaker 1: If Farrell was still here, he would be agreeing with you. He is not a Dallas Goddard fan this year aiden for sure. Jacory krossky Merritt Bill Merritt as the kids call him, goes at the thirteen oh two to Paul to share it tonight. This guy has been ascended. This guy is going up draft boards and there's a lot of things working for him. Number One, he's been playing well. The reports out of camp has been been very fairly good. And I think that you know, the bar to jump over to become a successful integral part of that commander's backfield. It's not like he has to jump over Zach Charbona and Ken Walker. He doesn't have to jump over Jamiir Gibbs and David Montgomery. He's got to jump over Brian Robinson, and he's got to jump over Austin Eckler, Krossky Merritt. I think this guy continues to rise up. He know he's going to get run in preseason, and if he shows up there, even if he's going against like you know, third and fourth string defenders, he's still going to rise. Where do you stand at, Jakoori, krossky Merrit this year Because this is a guy I've been doing some FOMO picks with him, like I feel like I should be getting him more. I don't want to miss out on a player like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so seeming drafts like this does make me feel better because this is now the third straight show that I've been on wharm bringing So but me and Jake Finnetti, who's you know works with us here at FFBC, we represented the company the Serious Experts Fantasy Draft, Best Ball Bestball League seventeen teams. This was two weeks ago. We got JCM in round eighteen, horrible running backer in Bulky. By the way, we went here a running back with genty. Justice Hill's our current RB two, So that's where it's at. But JCM in round eighteen maybe could patch things up if he emerges. Brian Robinson feels just like a guy who he's not a sexy pick, and he'll he'll get it done, but he's just going to have so many weeks of completely inefficient games where he doesn't get in the end zone. It's just a complete bust. Eckler's going to have his moments too. It just feels kind of like a backfield where every guy's going to have their moments and it might be a little tough to sort through, but in terms of value, if I'm looking where Brian Robinson go in this draft, he went in round jeez, I completely blanking ninth, round nine five. There we go, like Brian Robinson nine five and help me out on Austin Eckler because it's eleven eleven at night here.
Speaker 1: On this Austin Eckler was eleven o eight tonight at.
Speaker 2: It all right, so relative to that, honestly, if I'm looking through it, it probably actually is Eckler at the eleven oh eight, but closely followed by JCM at the thirteen oh two. I'm completely staying away from Brian Robinson. Not at all comparable players by any means, but by the same rationale where every year Derrick Henry I think Jamie Cox was talking about every year, I'm like, this is the year he, you know, goes down a cliff at a much, much, much lesser level. The complete Walmart version of that is Brian Robinson the last couple of years. Right, It's always since his rookie year end, and I'm just like, they're gonna go away from him, and they never fully do. They always hint at it, and then they come back to him. But this year I'm making on a Brian Robinson fall off due to those underlying inefficient numbers, And yeah, I'm buying JCM. He's going to continue to rise. I do wonder if there gets to a point though, where it becomes a little too much. Yeah, it's getting there, even as a JCM guy, and that's largely because of Sean Green, who and every single one of me in terms of live draft coverages is there in the chat. I want to give him a little shout out hyping up JCM. It's crazy like since like March, but I always go back to one thing. This is This is real quick and I'm rambling a bit, but this year's running back rookie class was so deep people can get and you know, FFVC players are well aware, they know this, but to the general public, right fantasy playing public, they see a six round pick, I think that guy's a Day three pick. A lot of these guys would have been Day two picks, and pretty much any other running back class. It just got pushed down because of just how and ordinately deep this class was. So I'm not also looking at some of these guys as you know, a fifth round pick, six around pick, because I don't think it matters as much as pretty much every other year due to that deep draft class. So yeah, long story, short in on JCM, but I'm wondering at what point that price will be too high. I don't know what it is yet, but I'm low when I see it.
Speaker 1: The thing I want to say here about the Dizzle's last post here Jacorey Krossky Merrit over Tyler Elgier and DJ Gidden seems incorrect. I want number one. I basically agree with that sentiment Crosskey Merrit as far as we know, as far as the reports go.
Speaker 2: Right now, he's the number three running back.
Speaker 1: It's tough for me to say, Hey, I'm gonna draft this guy on Washington, who's the number three guy over Tyler Algier, who's an injury away from being the starting running back in Atlanta pretty much by himself. Now Giddins. It's a little bit more nebulous there because the reporting Jared Smoler was just talking about this from Draft Sharks the other day, is like, you know, everybody's talking about all the Beat reporters are focusing on this Anthony Richardson versus Daniel Jones, Like, how about giving us some knowledge on Khalil Herbert versus DJ Giddens, Right, Like, who's who's running with the twos there? Like, we don't even know who the backup is? Is it Giddins or is it is it? Is it Herbert? And I'd like to know that too.
Speaker 2: I like, I like Giddens to win that, And I think the likelihood of Jonathan Taylor just again historically getting hurt and seeding that role for some time comparatively the Beijon is much higher.
Speaker 7: So I agree with.
Speaker 2: Dave on Giddens over over Krafsky merrit. I think you also have to think though Tyler Aljier is one away. But you know it's just tough because now you already have Bijeon. So that's a really interesting decision. I'm intrigued here because I was working through a thought. Wards. Let's say you go for the upside, uh with JCM and the possibility and that high powerate offense versus banking out a Beajon. But when you already drafted Bijon at too in a managed league, Balky, you're in the paul to share his shoes? Are you taking Tyler Algier here to start the thirteenth Roundyes, then you're guaranteed to have the Falcons RB one or or or Is that not a philosophy you buy by?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have changed my philosophy on this. I would say probably like five or six years ago. I always like with okay, so there was this time with Arian Foster and Ben Tate right where you could Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson was like this too, way back in the day, where like, yeah, if you want to lock up those guys, that's fine, but that's an expensive back.
Speaker 2: You got to hold on to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you gotta hold on to number one. But then that's you're you're soaking like seventh or eighth round draft capital into a backup. And and so I didn't like the idea of having this really dominant player in the first round or second round or whatever. But then it comes with the caveat of he kind of costs you two picks because then you got to soak another pick into his backup. Now normally, and this is what I would do if I was Paul Tashia. I'm trying to win that million bucks, and I don't know if the optimal strategy here is to go Robinson in the first and then well, Algiers gone now because Krossky merrits dead. But I think I listen, we could quibble about whether Krossky Marrit should have been the pick, but I like grabbing other people's backups, right, Like I want to have my variance increase. I want when win in that championship sprint, that three week sprint at the end of the year, I want Bjon Robins or Jon Robinson healthy. But I also want maybe Cory Krossky Merrit to be a starter at that point.
Speaker 2: And I was saying, if Bejon gets hurt. Even if you have a l year, you're you're probably winning at all. So he's going is going to say healthy and which running back maybe is not only the most high powered offense, but no positive training camp reports and might actually especially come the champions Championship sprint could be the RB one for this team hypothetically, Like it's like, if I'm looking at this roster, which I did praise, and I do like the JCM pick in that regard, he very easily he could have taken JCM over I you and then taken Algie or vice versa. I don't think the IU pick was necessary. Sarry, with how load of his receiving corps was. Are you coming off a bad year, coming off of multiple torn ligaments in the knee. So even if you're thinking, oh, championship sprint, you know he's my sixth receiver, maybe I'll do something. I think it's very possible that he could get cut at some point during the year because of how much time he's missing. So maybe that's where you could have slotted in Algier. But no, when you jack the John Robinson, you're expecting to stay healthy. You went here, a running back might as well take a shot and a guy who very well could end up being an exciting rookie RB one in an exciting commander's offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's how I view it. Like Krossky Merrit, Yeah, he's probably not gonna come through, But I just don't know if that the upside of taking Algier it somehow keeps your team afloat for a million bucks. I think you need stuff going your way and you got a You know, it's like the guy who he praised to God every year for twenty years. He said, God, please help me win the lottery. God, please help me win the lottery, And finally, after twenty years of not winning, a God responds back to him, says, Hey, help me out buy a ticket. Right like you, you got to be able to have your yourself. Having these opportunities for these players to assent Crosskey Merrit could be cut before the season starts. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Like as far as I remember, I remember little Aiden watching a certain six round running back tear it up in his rookie year in Washington with Alfred Moore, So maybe history of.
Speaker 1: R Yeah, Alfred Morris is another good example too. Where he was going he wasn't even being really drafted until like late August, and then he caught fire and then everybody was drafting him late in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I mean different position, but that was Puka two years ago, barely being drafted and then and you know some of these reports, and even come week one, right like the last drafts on that Saturday Sunday before the season started, it was still really only like thirteen fourteenth round. He rose up to. It's probably in my lifetime, especially since starting work at this company in twenty twenty two, the best value pick by far in my time with this company.
Speaker 1: So I hated it because in my and I knew this was like a unicorn type thing, that nikoua thing was just like a once in a ten year thing. And I hated it in because I knew even though I knew that, in my back of my mind, I'm like, Okay, I gotta find.
Speaker 2: This year's Nikua. I gotta find this, you know what I mean. I knew that there was this year who's just go puk no one, no one's going to be Pooka Nakua and for another like ten years just doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have not talked about Adam Hans squad from the eighth spot tonight. Adam is normally he's a very active poster, but I'm sure he's very busy with the draft tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Locked in, He's locked in.
Speaker 1: He's locked in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you look at his squad here, a lot of explosive players in the first three rounds of neighbors a Chan and Smid, the Jigbak, some floor guys with Evans and Kelsey. I like the Hubbard pick here in the sixth round. I think O Doonsey could pay off in the seventh Tony Pollard, Austin Eckler, Tyler, Algier, Jark Weis, Hunter again, injury away type guys, Hunters probably two injuries away, and then.
Speaker 2: Hunter is Hunter is one injury away Hunter and Williams. You just hate well. Sean mcvain might hate by Koram not as much, but why would.
Speaker 6: They draft him?
Speaker 1: Was he a second old pick last year.
Speaker 2: Third pick and guess what, barely played and then he gets hurt. No, they're and and and Sean McVay has talked about coach speak. He's been hyping up dark with I really liked it this team in my head. Here's how this draft went Molik, Neighbors, Devon hen start unbelievable. That's a fantastic start. H and the great value JSM love it. Mike Evans, Travis Kelsey, don't love that. Don't love that. You know you don't love the you don't like Evans supporting supporting senior citizens that Alon. But then we're back with Shubo doonza. He gets it right back on track for me, you know, a little little stack action with Caleb and o'doonza and then Evans and Baker, Tony Pollard. I think I think people are sleeping on the Titans offense. I'm a big believer in Calvin Ridley, cam Ward and Tony Pollard, who had a really good year. I mentioned I like Ackler's value, Ferguson's good value. Late just signed the contract, and Algierant Hunter is kind of what you just said right about, you know, drafting other guys backups.
Speaker 7: He has that.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of Hunter. I've been not praying on but I've been thinking that Karen Williams downfall has been coming for the past like two years now, because it's just the underlying numbers are not good. I'm just but for fantasy wise, he just stumbles into the end zone constantly, like all credit to him, and Sean McVay completely trusts him, So what can you do? But you know another guy Kyle Williams, who hasn't necessarily shown the propensity to play a full season, so at some point you would expect someone else to be getting carries. And I like taking the bet on Hunter.
Speaker 1: What do you make of the I know you don't like the Kelsey pick, but what do you make of backing that up with Ferguson in the tenth round?
Speaker 2: Who the makes it much better? Especially that that Cowboys passing attack. I think Dak is on the downhill of his career, but it's going to improve from last year.
Speaker 1: It's an odd numbered year, though Prescott crushes it, Yes he does, and I'm actually not analysis it was right a complete like news drop dump late at night because they didn't want to get ship on.
Speaker 2: But I don't mind the Shottenheim or higher. You know, I think he's bided his time. He's has a lot of experience, and you know, it wasn't too long ago that this was a guy who was one of the hottest names, and he has a good relationship with Dak they have the weapons and Ferguson right, this is another guy. Wouldn't necessary call him a post type sleeper. But so this guy a couple of two years ago was getting drafted pretty highly. And then you know Dallas between injuries, his injuries has a disappointing year, but he could very easily get back on track and be a really good third option in the tenth round. I think that makes you feel better about drafting Travis Kelsey that early if there is in fact a Travis Kelcey, you know, continue continuing to have that age decline.
Speaker 1: So the the Baker Mayfield and Mike Evan stack. Does that do anything for you for Adam Honskar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he, as I said, he kind of he kind of saved it here, balk Let me let me mess around with us if we can, you know, let me let me let me move us to the side here real quick. Is that there we go? Look at that?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, then then let me mess around with it and bring it to there.
Speaker 7: We got.
Speaker 2: Messing around with this. Yeah, no, I again, stacking is tougher, but and managed at Oh thank you, Dave, I appreciate that. You know, it's always good when the boss is washing right, they have some good analysis.
Speaker 1: Stop making me look so bad.
Speaker 2: But no, I I like the Baker and Evans pick, and I like obviously Caleb with I'm a big fan of Dune. Say again, it's it's not the Evans is a guy who continually proves me wrong. I hope because I actually am a big fan of his Travis Kelcey that he does kind of have a bounce back year. I just think it's tough, especially also with that Kansas City offense. Kind of the way it's been looking is not like the Kansas City offense of old. The Evans pick is fine. I'm just much more of an upside guy when drafting, so that's more of just personal preference. But this is another really good build. I'm just going to go back to that start. I don't know how many neighbors a chin starts are. A chain is usually a guy who goes at that one two turn. To see him kind of fall into the fifth was kind of probably our first sign that and Puka going at the one of his six is probably our first sign of like, all right, this draft is going to be a little bit crazy. And then it's only escalated from there, but that start alone gets a minimum like a B grade, and he's only enhanced it with the rest of his picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the h Chan thing is weird because, like so his his ADP is one twelve according to Mojo over the last three days. And I'm looking at some of these guys that went after, I'm like, I feel like that's where they normally go. I guess h Chan normally goes ahead technically McBride, Saint Brown, Thomas Collins, Henry So I guess that knocks him down a little bit. But yeah, I really liked the A Chan pick here. Hey, I wanted to ask you something about you're a Giants fan, right I remember that correctly?
Speaker 2: Or no? So I don't. I don't have an NFL team. I started playing fantasy football when I was like nine, and I don't know how I never got into at the time the Redskins now the Commanders. I just you know, I always kind of casual with them, but I was just always so fixated on my fantasy team. It just kind of, you know, that's always been what it was. So I don't really have a team, which is honestly, it makes my Sundays immensely more relaxing that. You know, I don't have a NFL team providing me pain, just uh, you know, just my fantasy teams. I always say, I always I'm always rooting for whoever whoever the Eagles are playing against. That that's that's my NFL team.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two weeks a year, your NFL team is the Cowboys, which is what I wanted to ask you about. We talked about their passing game briefly. I wanted to bring up the running game, which I think is far more interesting, yea, if far more unspectacular.
Speaker 2: In like a morbid kind of way, in a morbid.
Speaker 1: Kind of way. Yeah, exactly. Jaden Blue tonight goes before Javonte Williams. Jaden Blue off the board at the ten oh three, Javonte Williams at the ten eleven. Reports are that Miles Sanders has been out playing Javonte Williams and Jaden Blue is really starting to draw the praise of the coaching staff there at what point? I mean, like, so right now, if I'm drafting in in re draft leagues, I'm taking Blue over Javonte Williams one hundred percent of the time, which is what happened tonight? What do you make of Jaden Blue? Potentially? And and like, I don't toss this term around a lot because people say, oh, if you take this guy in round two or round three, he's a league winner. That's not really how it works. But if you get a guy like Jayden Blue in the tenth round and he just goes super nova and he's catching all these passes and Javonte Williams is dust and Miles Sanders is even dustier, then Jayden Blue could be a league winner here this year. Am I getting too excited about drafting Jayden Blue in the tenth round because I don't think I am. I don't think I'm too excited yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Jayden Blue or film Afa for free for me.
Speaker 1: Often that guy does nothing for me, Aiden absolutely nothing for free.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't wonder, okay, but what I'm just saying, And if I'm taking a Dallas running back, it's film AffA in round twenty or it's Jayden Blue, Okay, all right. I'm just also say you're a college ball fan as well, you have like these memories of these players. Film AffA scored four touchdowns against me in a bowl game. So like that's just always in my head that film MafA just destroyed us.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like he doesn't athletically do anything for me. He's like running with the fours, I think right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm just saying I'm taking a chance on a I get proven bad NFL players and now bad players.
Speaker 1: To your point, you can get them super late. Uh the dizzle saying film MafA equals winner. Like you know, I just my own argument for Jade Blue. You can apply it to fil MafA too. I think it's more likely with with Blue.
Speaker 2: I'm saying Blue is the guy to have. But I'm just saying I understand is over those two. Yeah, I mean the cop out answer is it's probably gonna end up being neither of them. Like, I think it's very possible, like of all teams, like the likelihood that the current week one starting running back not being on that team as of now is the Cowboys, like they trade or or you know, trade trade for someone as unlikely as that is. But no, I think it's Blue because he has that home run upside, and it could just it's more of a reflection of Miles Sanders and Javonte Williams like like, are like, are we being serious? Like you're you're really feeling comfortable, especially like some teams are taking you know, Williams or standers as there are RB two RB three if they completely punt the position and you just feel like you're kind of cooked from there. Obviously in this league, Jvonte Williams a is an RB four. You could do worse. It just it just he didn't. He didn't do it in Denver. He never reached his expectations, especially after the injury, and I just the eye test alone is enough for me to dismiss him. This isn't a great Cowboys O line. It's not the old Cowboys O line that we're kind of used to where they could just churn out running backs.
Speaker 1: They just readded Lel Collins today.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and Tyler Guiden is going to be back probably for week one. But it's just not the news you want to hear. It's just Javonte Williams. Uh. You know there there was a moment right last year where I was buying to you know, Zeke back in the fold in Dallas, and this is this guy who's gonna fall into the end zone a lot and maybe be you know, kind of like the Lagarrett Blunt of this year, the Jamal Williams, the Gus Edwards where he just gets a ton of touchdowns, but oh no, he's back in Dallas. Maybe you can rEFInd some of that magic and it just isn't the case. And now I'm like, yeah, just because it's a Dallas running back, which for seemingly the last decade has yielded great results, I'm gonna trust my eye tests more and just go with Javonte Williams is not going to be a Fantasy winner by any means, and you're way better off taking Jada Blue.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As Joe King points out, he's only twenty five and he's got all the ingredients right to be a potential league winner this year, except for he's only got one non surgically repaired need I think is a problem.
Speaker 2: And even before that he never was I know, obviously Denver in his time, there was not you know, the Sean Payton Broncos, So it's kind of hard to judge him. And I guess that is if I'm playing Devil's ad kate with myself. Is you know, when you saw him, you know, fully healthy. You can't really even analyze that because despite his kind of struggles, this wasn't a guy ever really playing on a great team. That No, it's just both these prices are too high. As crazy as that sounds, right in the tenth round, it's even with Blue. It's just there's too much uncerting this room. If I lose a league a million dollars, yes, I'm gonna be sick, but there's just gonna be some ones where I'm comfortable. If they beat me, they beat me. And the Dallas running back room is just going to be one where they beat me, like the Packers. Going back to what we talked about, I don't want the Packers receiver room to be I think there's someone there who's going to merge on a consistent week tweak basis, whether it be Matthew Golden or Jayden Reid, who provides an immense value. And I'm getting there. If Dallas Jayden Blue, if Davonte Williams you know, can deliver on his you know, early day to draft pick status that he was a couple of years back, let it burn me. I'm just I'm not going to really go there.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you too, I think it's too early for me to issue at me a culpa on Matthew Golden. I was saying this on my radio show the other day, But like, dude, all the reports from all the beat writers are just are. They're gushing over all the plays that he's making in practice too. Then again, they're gushing about don Tavie Wicks not never dropping any calls. You just never know what's accurate.
Speaker 2: We always go back to me and Turp love doing it, like especially right Balky this Leyden draft, just saying some of those, like all preseason hype teams, you know, the Terrace Marshalls, the Marquez callaways, you know Carson Steele last year.
Speaker 1: Darwin Thompson speaking of Chiefs running backs. That was another one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's been so many, and I'm sure it would be such a magical ride to go back to even like twenty one, twenty two, even just a couple of years back and see like he was a top ten round pick at some point in the you know, million dollar draft, and it's like, yeah, because he just got a couple of preseasons a mere Abdullah back in twenty fourteen, you know, or twenty fifteen with the Lions. I could only imagine David Montgomery's become a really good NFL player. But David Montgomery his rookie year, I'll all like his training camp clips were everywhere, and he like found himself in the third round, fourth round of drafts, and he didn't really emerge until way later in the year, if anything, second third year of his career in Chicago then really burst out with the Lions. So there's just so many names littered throughout history of guys who get hype in the preseason, they rise at these draft boards and then deliver absolutely nothing. I want to go back.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to you about the Texans running game here in a second, but I want to go back to team three. We have not talked about Matthew Books team a whole lot tonight.
Speaker 2: Look at what he's doing here.
Speaker 7: Aiden.
Speaker 1: So in his first six picks he goes with five wide receivers. But then after that, my goodness, I have not seen that much green since I was swimming in Scrooge McDuck's money. Ben, this is a ton of running backs here, Connor Pachecko, Judkins, Benson White, Johnson, Mitchell Korum, Jordan James. What do you make of this strategy here peppering only in Dalton Kincaid and Mason Taylor at tight end and Kyler Murray at quarterback. Feel this feels a little overkill on the running backs here.
Speaker 2: To me, overkill a bit. And what's weird is for you know, going five receivers in your first six rounds. I can't say I love the receiver room. I'm good with CD as a top three pick. I think that's hardly valid.
Speaker 1: AJ Brown was at cost. Yeah, we already talked about it. I think Paul Tiiccherro was saying that Marvin Harrison, and.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of Harrison, but it's just like I'm saying, if you're going to rock with this strategy, I need to feel so confident in my five receivers of carrying. And I just don't know. Wattle, McMillan, Harrison and A J. Brown to a degree as well, all have this kind of uncertain I mean we saw last year A J.
Speaker 7: Brown.
Speaker 2: There's a lot banking on the Eagles passing the ball a little more by product to maybe them being in some some tighter games, and.
Speaker 1: You know, schedule and just like they ran the ball at an historic level last year that continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not, but like they are also just such a strange team. And again this goes back to it, I'm always rooting against them by product of going to UH College in Philadelphia and just surrounded by Eagles fans non stop. So I just it wasn't before for that, just an animosity for Philly, and they rib me about it, and you know, perhaps to them they are. They are super Bowl champions, but they're just a very weird team because that offense doesn't flow through the same guys a week to week.
Speaker 7: So a J.
Speaker 2: Brown again at costs I'm fine with, but there is just a little uncertainty there. But it does feel a bit overco But I will say this, Balky Judkins, Benson White, Roshan Mitchell, Korham, Jordan James, I really don't hate any of those guys, especially where they were going. You know, Jenkins has kind of become an ultimate wildcard now. I was a huge Dylan Sampson fan again going back to watching him at college, just because I watched so much SEC ball. He was a monster at Tennessee and I liked him before the Judkins news. But you know Jenkins, if he does sign and the court cases resolved and nothing comes of it, that is a guy who was there thirty fifth overall pick, and you're getting him down the tenth round. One before that was the fifth, sixth round Trey Benson. Obviously the chat was talking about him. I think, Balky you even mentioned that you're getting Benson and sprinkling in James Connor at cost. Yeah, Rashan White don't love Roshan Johnson, don't love. But again we kind of talked about the uncertainty with DeAndre Swift and Roshan Johnson. The opportunity is there. Love, Keaton Mitchell we talked about again. I'm a Jarquist Hunter guy, but you know, very well could be Blake rm who knows that RB two room is interesting with what I said earlier about Krien Williams, and I'm always a believer in taking your late round Darthurs on late round, Kyle Shanahan running backs, as we've seen that story before. So I really like the Jordan James does feel like overkill, but I don't. I don't hate the running backs he's taken. You know, he has Benson and Connor there, so he has the Cardinals running back one when Connor gets hurt. I just I would have liked I wish I liked the receivers a little more to kind of fully endorse the strategy.
Speaker 1: I would have liked just when I talk about overkill, I would have skipped one of these running backs in favor like kin Kid and Mason Taylor.
Speaker 2: To me, that's very low floor.
Speaker 1: I think Kinkaid bounces back this year, and I know Mason Taylor's had a strong camp, but Kincaid has had two lackluster seasons. Mason Taylor is a rookie on a team that probably's not going to pass the ball a whole lot. I would have liked to see, like, you know, adding a Brenton Strange on this team, or even Zach Ertz. You know Ertz, who I think is is everybody hates him because he's super old, but that guy's just he puts up numbers every year, and I.
Speaker 2: Think he's going to do it again this year. I just even even if you're banking on you know, you're clearly banking something on the Panthers offensive strides that they showed at the end of the last year. To continue could have taken to Tavian Sanders and around sixteen, uh you know, and then although do you take Terrence Ferguson here?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm becoming more of a Tyler Higbee guy, but I recognize.
Speaker 2: The upside that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, you're talking about a tight end that I think he is probably their starter in twenty twenty six. Higbee had the injury. He's coming off the injury, I think, yeah, and was a little bit not all not all the way.
Speaker 2: Back, Ferguson was a first round pick like it would have been if the Falcons weren't completely idiots. I'm just no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, where would he have gone. I'm just saying, like, because that does oh well.
Speaker 1: Just draft capital effects. Terrence Ferguson was not a first round pick.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying like they valued him, they were going to take him in the first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like they wanted brock Bowers last year. You could be right.
Speaker 1: I just feel like, like has Higby gone yet? I think Higby's cheaper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying now, like I agree, like Darren Waller, for example, going ahead Noah Gray, going ahead of Tyler Higby is a little bit silly. I know there's been serting eteft, but eighteen ten, you're getting a guy who the Rams had been looking for a tight end for the last two years, aiming to do it in the first round. Would have taken Terrence Ferguson in the first round if it wasn't for the Falcons giving them the mother load for James Parris Junior, which was astounding. I think this is one of the best values in this draft and in all big gorilla drafts. You're gonna this guy for free wealkey, if you're correct, just cut him. But I think he perbably makes up for that uncertainty there. I think one of these two rookie tight ends is a hit in Mason Taylor Terrence Ferguson.
Speaker 1: To me, it's just adding more uncertainty, uh with with with Ferguson, whereas Higbe is more of a known quantity, which I think that would make more sense with a Mason Taylor Dalton k K's team.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Ferguson, he is going to be a free agent after this season. This this is his last year and I think it's it's the terrence was a Mark.
Speaker 2: Cooper just drafted when he retired. That's insane. I didn't know a Mark Cooper retired. Mark Cooper retired today and he just got drafted. I didn't even know that Amari Cooper retired. Son of a guy. Talk about that all a sudden. James Cook and Hunter Henry are come on, come on, guys, I know it's okay. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Uh uh no. Granted, and a busy day to day, but I did not know Marik Cooper hung it up today.
Speaker 2: That's why did I Maybe I got prank, but I got I believe right now. And Ari maov, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It's fake fake, Uh god, yeah.
Speaker 2: I got it. Looks like it looks like Dave is going to come in here and be like, oh instant, it was Adam Shelfer.
Speaker 1: That's rough. That's all.
Speaker 2: Some of my analysis has gone from an eleven to a one because of that. Before I apologize.
Speaker 1: That's good man, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: I I fully believe that because it makes sense that he would retire after how poor he was last year. Oh man, I.
Speaker 6: Love it too.
Speaker 2: The The X like as the bio clearly shows this is not a real Adam schefter accounted. Either I just ignored that or that wasn't there when I was scrolling through.
Speaker 1: That's okay, we've all been gotten. Uh, we've all got got before.
Speaker 2: I want to bring it back the nineteenth round.
Speaker 1: Then early on, I do want to bring this back to Higbee, just real quick. Not that I'm advocating for everybody to take him, but this guy. His last three games last year, so he didn't play until December if you remember, but his last three games five for forty six in a touchdown, five for fifty eight, and then seven for fifty four in a touchdown. Now I understand Davante Adams is probably going to be a significant improvement over Cooper Cup. But at the same time, Higbe is still going to factor in. I am still team Higbee this season for twenty twenty five based on his usage in his brief time last year. After that, yeah, it's you know, anchors away for Terrence Ferguson in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Moving on to.
Speaker 1: Something I wanted to talk about like twenty minutes ago, but we keep getting bogged down with other analysis. What do you make of the Houston running back room. Right now, we talked briefly about Joe Mixon with our buddy Egor grob uncle who ended up drafting him. In the eighth round, we see Nick Chubb go to Brady Stewart tonight at the was at the twelve thirteen turn? Am I looking at that now? Thirteen fourteen turn?
Speaker 6: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: That's where we see Nick Chubb go and then Woody Marks Jaquavius Woody Marx goes to Frank im Bornoni in the fifteenth round? Aiden, what do you think and what have you seen? How FFPC players are handling this situation, which again is very fluid right now because the Texans have been very cagey about Joe Mixon all off season. Nick Chubb to me is a guy that I can't I mean, I don't really see the upside there. I see only downside. And then Woody Marks like I like, I like him in best ball, but he might just be a pass catcher. So I don't know how how should people be?
Speaker 2: Had I was with you on Chubb, I love not being like a paid like industry like expert analysis because then I can watch your I think it was on prosby Joe's Or was it on Insiderracus where Jim Entry from Brodowire was just hyping up Nick Chubb and I'm like, yeah, I was like, okay, like maybe I can get behind Nick Chubb and he's you know, he's he's mentioned the same as he used to be and you know, deadlifting, and it's like hell yeah, like Nick Chubb is back. I think my answer is still Joe Mixon, especially at this depressed cost, even if he misses some time he goes here in the eighth round, you're seeing him kind of in this eighth ninth round. I think Moji even posted there was one time he fell into the tenth. Yes, the efficiency dropped it. Next year, I think the Texans offense does bounce back, and some of that is factoring in a healthy mix in you as have to remember, I believe Mixon did suffer high ankle sprain last year, which I think is always contributing. Now it's super concerning. Right then I can sit here and say like, well, he's clearly still dealing with some foot injury. Mixing for now is my answer. The more closer we draw to the season starting, and if we have no clarity, it might pivot, but for now, Joe Mixon around eight to nine, he could be looking back and you're getting a real value of from a guy who you know it could produce, you know, that round four or five value that he was originally being drafted as.
Speaker 1: I've knocked Mixing and Judkins down in a completely arbitrary round to round ten just because it's double digits, like, that's why I'm gonna start looking at these guys. And the more like that Mixing keeps getting scooped up in the eighth and ninth round, the more I'm like, God, i think I'm missing out. I think I really should have gone after him harder. Mixing, by the way, one of the most one of the best fantasy running backs last season, like top five or top like.
Speaker 2: He was awesome.
Speaker 1: He paid off on his ADP. The thing is this year, I don't necessarily think the drafting of what he marks and the signing of Nick Chubb is great one for his usage and two for what it says about his injury recovery. And then three, Laramie Tunsel is a commander like this offensive lining and it wasn't good last year, and it wasn't Goo last year and it got significantly worse. And Mixing, to me is a guy like, yeah, you can only get the ball in space to him so much like you do need an offensive line. So as much as I'd like to say, hey, yeah, Mixing is a great buy here, you know, four rounds pass where he normally was going a month or so ago, I still got to realize that, you know, this could be you know, with all these factors combined, just still a bad pick in the eighth round or ninth round. Now for a guy like Igor who drafted him as his number four running back, if mix And misses, he's not going to feel that pain as much because he's got Gibs, He's got Irving, he's got Kyron Williams. He hit wide receiver after that. He hit Camp Scataboo right after that as well. So I think like your team build kind of depends upon whether you should be taking Joe Mixon at his new cost as well.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be really fascinating to monitor. Let's say there's no news updates in this uncertain he continues and he keeps dropping in this contest, right, there's gonna be guys who you know, we're taking Joe Mixon in round four, and then you buy, you know, buying the dip right round eight, and the guys who are really buying the dip when it's now round twelve, thirteen, and then if he plays later in the season, and some of these teams could be you know, in a really strong spot if they're getting even like moderately healthy, you know, usage rate Joe Mixon as like, you know, their fifth sixth running back because they you know, come to the last weeks of August, first weeks to September. So it's one of the most fascinating situations to monitor, Like the likely one, for example, another big injury feels pretty cut in dry, like he may miss a couple of weeks, but he'll be back by you would expect week three four if everything's going right Nixon, Like, there is some serious question because no one seems to has any idea what's going on there because of the lack of transparency.
Speaker 1: What what injuries more concerning for you right now? Joe Mixon's or Chris godwins.
Speaker 2: Probably godwins, godwins, godwins leg borderline fell off. There's no shot. I was it was insanity that he was getting drafted in like the fourth fifth round at times. This what the seventh eighth round that he's been going now is still insane to me. There's a zero percent chance he returns.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was saying in the fourth and fifth early in the draft season. Number one, because I did that in a couple of drafts. Number two, I apologize, that's okay, that's okay. But but aiden the Buccaneers after this injury gave him a ton of cash. I mean, like, who knows the buccaneer or who knows Chris Godwin better than the Buccaneers They paid him. Apparently the Patriots were also willing to pay this guy. So to me, like early on in the season, I'm like, Okay, he's gonna be recovered, it's gonna be fine. And then he's not practicing, and then they don't know, and then they invest in and and so. Just to complete this thought, So, so the reason I'm agreeing with you, it's Godwin, Like who's behind Joe Mixon, it's Nick Chubb and Woody Marks. Who's behind Chris Godwin first round draft pick in mecchag Buka That that's a big deal in fantasy when it comes to you know which one you're treating more seriously.
Speaker 2: The Godwin thing is pearly injury based. You know, he's a great human being by all reports. It almost seems to me as the Bucks did right. And some of these things are you know, they're not. It's not a one year contract. You know, he should be back too close to hopefully full health come twenty twenty six and then we can talk. But just recovery for you know, multi ligament tears. I believe he also had ankle reconstruction. There was something there. I don't know exactly if it was tight roper or not, but it was something along those lines.
Speaker 1: I thought I heard that he is he has screws in his knee and his foot.
Speaker 2: Oh, like, I mean, it's just a mess. I just not only would I think it would just I think you're gonna look at Godwin as a guy where it's like he's like, yeah, I didn't like come next season, it's like, yeah, I started really feeling myself like week fourteen, you know, fifteen, and then you're kind of like, oh, that's when his efficiency picked up a bit. He kind of got more in the rhythm. But you know when you're investing a top eight round pick on this guy who I don't think he's even going to be close to one hundred percent health until maybe maybe later in the season, if not next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's tough and it stinks. I'm with Dizzel on this that he's a he's a good guy. I mean, I saw him on was it was it Hard Knocks? I feel like I was watching Were the Buccaneers on Hard Knocks a couple of years ago? Like god when Godwin was a rookie, Well, this would have been more than a couple years ago. Then maybe like five or six years ago or four years ago or whatever, it was a couple of years that's.
Speaker 2: Like twenty eighteen. Yeah, feels about right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the Buccaneers were on, right.
Speaker 2: Weren't they? You're asking the wrong guy. I don't. I cannot the only way one knock season, I really remember.
Speaker 1: When does Hard Knock start? Or has it already? I feel like I'm missing He.
Speaker 2: Starts usually the first like weekend in August, so not this week and maybe next weekend? All right?
Speaker 1: So yes, twenty seventeen. According to Google AI, the Buccaneers were featured on Hard Knocks. Jamis Winston was on that team. Gerald McCoy who's gone on to the to the NFL analyst industry. Deshaun Jackson was on that team. And then Chris Godwin that was his rookie year. Who is the coach?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: Was that Gruden?
Speaker 1: Was he the coach or the buck that game? I can't remember, But anyway, we're boring everybody. There's no reason to stay tuned. The draft is finished, and for all of you who are on the edge of your seat, film OFFA did get drafted by Paul to share it tonight at the nineteen eleven you can rest easy. The league winner the million dollars is going to Paul to Shia because he has film Off on his team.
Speaker 6: Aiden.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding around. We're having having some fun here tonight. This was awesome. You were You were fantastic on this. I think okay, I want I wanted to put trivia before I go fire.
Speaker 2: What's Chris Godwin's real first name? I don't know what's Chris Godwin's real first name? Uh, Rod Rod Godwin, Rod his real first name is Rod.
Speaker 1: Rod Godwin. Why he goes by Chris?
Speaker 2: I'll never know.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Aiden, we will catch you on this stream. Is it next Wednesday? You're doing one?
Speaker 2: Are you? You don't know? Okay?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: Sur and is that Big Gorilla?
Speaker 2: We are doing a best ball tournament next Wednesday at nine to thirty against Turps. In it it's eleven Drafters against.
Speaker 1: Turk okay perfect and that will start at nine thirty Eastern. You can check that out. Then that's when you can see Aiden Lacory dropping knowledge here as he hosts that show this coming Wednesday. Until then connect with him on x at Aidan Lacory. Aiden, thank you so much, Man Heavy a great night.
Speaker 2: Thanks you too, Balky.
Speaker 1: That will complete live draft coverage for this evening, Ladies and gentlemen. Uh it was It was a fun week we had. This was live Draft week here at the FFPC, three pros versus Joe's main event, Bestball Tournament and now Big Gorilla tonight. It was awesome and had a lot of fun broadcasting To each and every one of you. I want to thank Paul Tashera, Jamie Cox, Uncle Bacon, Igor Grbenko, Aiden Lacory, Ferrell, Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Brice, and of course each and every one of you. We will be back next Friday at ten pm Eastern Time for a more normal high stakes Fantasy Football hour. In case you missed last night's Insider Access show, you can watch it back on the Better Sports Network as well as the FFPC socials. Justin Herzig from Established to the Run at f FT sixty dot com join me to cover a live FFPC Bestball Tournament draft which was awesome, and then coming up this Tuesday at ten pm Eastern time, Rotavis High Stakes Loanown is back for our last off season episode with Rick Raymaker, who is a multi time FFPC League champion. He also drafted and pro Ursus Joes this year. We're gonna get his thoughts on his draft there as well as other drafts he's been doing. That's going to be at ten pm Eastern time on Tuesday night. FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament features a one million dollar grand prize. If you think you could do it better than these drafters did tonight, register now my FFPC dot com. That seven Bananas promo is live there as well. Check that out and you could win a jungle Safari for four four fifty thousand dollars. F FPC Main Event also features a one million dollar grand prize six million dollars plus prize pool. We're gonna have live drafts going on each and every night until the start of the NFL season, so if you want to draft for that, you're always going to have an opportunity for live main event drafts throughout the rest of this month and September. FFPC Bestball and super Flex Bestball Tournament available at my FFPC dot com as well. Check that out. One hundred thousand dollars runner up prize has been added to the Best Ball Tournament this year, three hundred thousand dollars to first place, one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter that one. You can enter the Superplex one for thirty five bucks. It's still out of the opportunity to win one hundred thousand dollars. There Dynasty startups of course going on throughout the rest of the summer as well. Two thousand plus dynasty leagues that we manage here at FFPC. None have ever folded in a decade and a half. You are in for the long haul when you play Dynasty at the FFPC and you go there at MYFFPC dot com, remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemy, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be Tuesday, with myself and Rick Raymaker on the Rodoven's High Stake. Slowdown. We'll see you then, everybody, Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Steaks Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f fpc dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests.
Speaker 2: Much smarter than they are.
Speaker 3: Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: I want to remind everybody too, if you are looking for action, late night action, if you got wrapped up into this draft in let's see we have looking at this right now, probably not gonna fill the midnight draft. That's probably not going to fill tonight. However, we do have an eleven o'clock draft tomorrow morning Eastern time, so if you want to get in some morning drafting, please do so. We encourage that type of behavior and then drafts all the way through the afternoon, into the evening and into the overnight as well tomorrow night for the FFPC Big Gorilla Commission by you guessed it, yours truly, see in the draft rooms this weekend, everybody. Welcome to August, Welcome to the preseason, Welcome to drafting for a million bucks with the FFPC