Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: It's time now for John Lunnon as Johnny.
Speaker 3: Dallar word wealth, Johnny, I want to give my regards to Broadway.
Speaker 4: You mean, tell all the boys at forty second Street, Oh.
Speaker 5: Forty sixth Street.
Speaker 3: Want you to run down there and see a theatrical agent named Lou Waltham.
Speaker 4: What's the pitch?
Speaker 3: Only handles a lot of high priced talents, insures them with us for all sorts of things, accidents, injuries, misperformances, the usual.
Speaker 1: What's the trouble?
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want you to check on an application he made for overall coverage on Kate Bellamy.
Speaker 4: The singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we almost she looks like she sounds on my record player and radio.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna love this and we'd love to ensure.
Speaker 3: Waltham wants her covered for almost.
Speaker 6: Two million protection against everything up to and.
Speaker 3: Including is being fitten by a seat sa fly?
Speaker 6: But but what the answers to the application questions don't seem to check out. I think we'd like to know a little more about the girl. As a matter of fact, I think Waltham would like to know a little more himself.
Speaker 2: Well, that makes three of us, because now you got me interested, John lond and the transcribed Adventure of the Man with the Action Packed at Spenser.
Speaker 7: Car America's Fabulous freelance Insurance Investigator.
Speaker 1: Yours Torney Johnny Downer.
Speaker 2: Expense accounts submitted by Special Investigator Johnny Doller to home office Hemispheric Insurance Company, Hartford, Connecticut. The following is in the County of expenditures during my investigation of the Kay Bellamy matter expense account item one twenty two to forty plain Fair and incidentals from Hartford to New York and cab Fair to the Madhouse on forty six off Broadway where Lou.
Speaker 1: Waltham housed his talent enterprises.
Speaker 2: I ran the gamut of wood be Thespians and his haggard secretary covered my rear valiantly as I plowed my way from the outer office to the inner sancin you'd a.
Speaker 8: Guy from the insurance company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it always like that out there?
Speaker 1: I think I want suddenly deaf heah, you're all right?
Speaker 8: This off it is Tom Proke. I go nuts.
Speaker 9: If I listened to that gammering all day. There's a little Waltam boy Walts told me to send you down.
Speaker 2: About the policy you want him to write on Kay Bellamy, He doesn't think the application.
Speaker 5: Is as neat as it might be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's a valuable hunk of talent. I gotta have coverage.
Speaker 4: Well, then we need information.
Speaker 8: I need some of myself. This dame has been a headache from avoid go.
Speaker 1: Maybe you better tell me about it.
Speaker 9: I'll give it to you a straight. I picked Kay up well a little more two years ago. She was nothing, nobody doing a stripping by less singer song. You know, once a while I heard something in her voice though, something that other guy's missed. I signed her, had a train, got her a good deal, that's my business. Sure she next down a grand a week on our radio show. More on records.
Speaker 8: I could put her into the five grand class in no time. But for what, well, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell you.
Speaker 8: See, she won't let me.
Speaker 9: She keeps sending me to the aspir In fact, look, let me tell you this. Two months ago I get her a picture deal Hollywood got it all sewed up, big dough villain.
Speaker 4: So what happens?
Speaker 8: I tell her?
Speaker 1: And she screamed like a bedsheet, no pitchure?
Speaker 5: What is she?
Speaker 4: A screwball?
Speaker 5: Screw ball?
Speaker 9: Take any nothing at out of office out there, and I'd lay eight to five in handling them would be a vacation at the k Bellamy and maybe talking to myself right out of the policy I want.
Speaker 8: But listen, you want to know something one of the things she does.
Speaker 1: Just go ahead figure this with.
Speaker 9: In between a radio show, she disappears for a whole week. For months, I couldn't never find her except on show days until I don't know where does she go?
Speaker 1: So help me?
Speaker 9: You can consume me if I'm lying. She spends her time waking and boy less Kia. Yeah, I mean a grand a week and one radio show, but she goes around play Zip Zip the rest of the time for seventy five bucks a week under the name.
Speaker 8: Of Don Levage.
Speaker 4: Are you sure I followed?
Speaker 1: I see it with my own eyes.
Speaker 4: You talk to her about it?
Speaker 9: I toot myself, blowing her face. She freezes and tells me to mind my own business. Should go get another agent, you.
Speaker 2: Know, mister Waltham, I think you'd better get another insurance coming now. Look wait, look, I do a lot of business which you'll find no trouble.
Speaker 8: This ployless valuable property. Give me a pick, can maybe you could talk to him. Maybe she just hates agents.
Speaker 2: All right, mister Walton, where can I find it? Boston, Boston, doing burlesque in Boston.
Speaker 8: Listen, there ain't need it? Hey, yeah you aren't, Spencer time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Why well, I'll give you a paster the theater up there you can knock down you admission price and stick in your kick.
Speaker 2: That's kay, Thanks, thanks submitting what are you laughing?
Speaker 8: A buck's a bucket and.
Speaker 1: Spencer con item too.
Speaker 2: Nineteen forty five cab and Plain fairs between Lou Waltham's New York office and the Burly Q Review in Boston, where Kay Bellamy, with a little Turkey spail hiding her face on the billboards, was dancing.
Speaker 4: Under the name of Don Leva.
Speaker 2: The theater was closed in the later afternoon, but the sound of a piano came from the stage door.
Speaker 4: Ally I walked backstage. There was no door man, so I went through to the wings.
Speaker 2: Don Levia was on stage, and the dance she was doing was enough to make me forget the inadequacies of the pianist and the despairing tone of the dance director as he tried to whip the lumbering chorus into a semblance of unity. Why one.
Speaker 8: Fund sun buggy, you loan beaches your left foot dog, you only got fool, make a choice.
Speaker 10: Why do you want forty bucks a week? They're holing that's higher your.
Speaker 8: S Look it up with you.
Speaker 4: We were all tired.
Speaker 8: You don't need me for the rest of the numbers.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 8: No, no, you're all right, don darling, go get to the speed.
Speaker 2: She walked into the wings, moving towards me in the semidarkness. The piano had stopped, but she carried her own music with her as she moved, and it wasn't for less music.
Speaker 4: This girl was definitely on the symphony side. What did you call me?
Speaker 1: That is your name?
Speaker 5: Is that? Now?
Speaker 1: Mister whoever you are, What are you doing back here anyhow?
Speaker 7: Get out of my way and let me pass it.
Speaker 1: Look, I just want to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Eli. My name is Donald.
Speaker 1: That's a hemispheric insurance.
Speaker 11: Maybe you didn't hear the lady she told you to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Don't get dressed, baby, I'll cool this. Thanks for John.
Speaker 5: I'm fool you.
Speaker 4: You came in the wrong door, but the box office is around front.
Speaker 1: Listen a hard boy, I got business there.
Speaker 2: My name is Don who you are and know why you're here, And I got reasons why you should flow, meaning the gun you're holding in your pocket.
Speaker 7: Kay ain't interested in money insurance, Just go tell we welcome to insurance self and dropped it right, don't the gun can get awful nasty, mister Dollar.
Speaker 4: All right, mister Crow, as long as this isn't a personal matter.
Speaker 2: If it ever gets personal, I'm gonna feeds you a face for him, Roger that I'll tell a boss right then, if you keep nosing around, maybe he'll issue me a special hunting.
Speaker 5: License just for you.
Speaker 2: The lover of ole, mister Crowe had told me two things. One was that he had a boss, and two Kay Bellamine was also taking orders from somebody. I found a cafe around the corner from the theater. When the rehearsal broke, some of the cast wanted in.
Speaker 4: I went in too. I got a seat at the counter next to the girl called Loreenes. I just wanted when you get a chance, y'll hello.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: You had a little trouble of rehearsal, didn't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I always have trouble. Were you there? Yeah? And the wings? Hi, you're doing fine?
Speaker 10: Ah, that LUTSI gives me a pain. He's always putting on the big act, like he was doing a Hollywood musical or something.
Speaker 1: Who's Letsy Letsy.
Speaker 10: Lazario the dance direct You saw him. He's over in the corner boots there with Valerie, one of the new girls. Do you think she's a regular.
Speaker 1: Romeo continental type?
Speaker 10: Yeah, continental Brooklyn if you ask me. He made a play for Dawn, but she brushed him fast.
Speaker 4: So let's see has a big crush on don huh.
Speaker 10: He'll forget it if he's smart. She's aiming for bigger moose than him, like who for instance, some guy names Hey, Hey, that's my day honking for me. I never mind, I callee, I ordered Joe.
Speaker 12: I gotta go.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I can't keep you.
Speaker 1: Company's all ram.
Speaker 2: I think I'll go over to the corner booth and join Letsie and his girlfriend.
Speaker 12: Okay by me?
Speaker 10: He ain't particular.
Speaker 13: Isn't it.
Speaker 8: Appreciation for the dancers?
Speaker 4: Not what I've been a custom? Please?
Speaker 1: People who knew me and then.
Speaker 8: I Letsylas, Oh, yes, yes, I'm Lazarro.
Speaker 1: Didn't I see you backstage during her horses? Yes, I was watching your work. Oh, that's right, Yes, you are in the business.
Speaker 2: Well, in a way, I'm doing a little scouting for will Walk in the agent. He's got a chance to sell some talent for a big Broadway musical if you can find the right people.
Speaker 1: No, sweet, won't you sit down, mister This is Valerie, mister doll. She's in the corries and this is a great pleasure.
Speaker 4: Mister Dollar. Of course you don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I've had an eye on you. You and the star of your show don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, I am so ashamed that you can find me in such a place.
Speaker 8: It has been a thing I I've been doing, you know, temporarily waiting for a braid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 13: How about the girl though, don oh you didn't get her to leave here, mister Dollar. There ain't as much doing all Broadway as she could get just by Mary and a guy that after.
Speaker 4: Besides, if you're looking for a Regles.
Speaker 8: Answer, boyfriend sounds like big money.
Speaker 13: More than just money, mister Dollar, real big shot family. He's Martin Bayard column the third.
Speaker 2: Her breadth was singing my eyebrows, but it was the name that really made him curl. Martin Bayard column the third connections with the capital c. Kay Bellamy was rarely moving into the big leagues and doing it the hard way.
Speaker 4: The uh burlesque runway didn't add up. You waste your.
Speaker 13: Time with Don mister Dollar. Decide I'm a better hoof than chill apathy.
Speaker 2: All I need, I know, I know, vowery of break. That's what we all need, just one good break. I'll see both of you later. Spencer Count Item three five dollars for a Boston hotel room, since I decided to stay over and see the show at the Verdecue Review. Spencer Count Item four thirty cents Federal amusement tax to be paid on the past Low walthamgiven me for the show.
Speaker 1: Expenser car Adem.
Speaker 2: Five twenty five cents for a box of the genuine saltwater taffy sold during intermission with a guaranteed prize, and each and every box I got a genuine tin cigar clipper. I watched Kate Bellamy, masquerading as Don Levia, take off everything the law would allow except the veil that covered the lower half of her face. Then, emotionally exhausted, I went back to my hotel and slept.
Speaker 4: It was noon, when I was wakened.
Speaker 1: By a knock on the door.
Speaker 2: Flies to seebee, Oh, little miss Bellamy, you weren't happy with me yesterday?
Speaker 12: Well, I was angry with Lou Waltham for sending you.
Speaker 1: See mister Dory, I started out.
Speaker 12: From burl asking frankly.
Speaker 8: For some reason.
Speaker 2: I like it that though, Oh you must mix it with a thousand dollars a week radio career.
Speaker 12: Sometimes a farm kid makes good in a big city, gets his own swimming pool, but when he gets a chance, he takes off.
Speaker 4: His shoes and goes waiting in the brook.
Speaker 5: Sometimes that's the way it is with me.
Speaker 4: A lie like that ought to get your pretty mouth washed out with soap.
Speaker 5: Why should I lie to you?
Speaker 12: Besides, Lough Waltham has no right to insure me unless I want myself insured, does he?
Speaker 4: So why don't you forget it and let's be friends.
Speaker 3: Johnny Dower, Johnny Welch, having an awful time finding you if.
Speaker 2: You want Innis and I put through a call to you, Bert, I think you'd better forget about that ka battlemy policy Waltham wanted.
Speaker 4: The lady doesn't want to be insured.
Speaker 3: Even if she did, it wouldn't matter. Now, what do you mean Lough Waltham is dead? What he shot and killed in his private office sometime this morning at least just found the body.
Speaker 4: We'll return you to yours, truly, Johnny Dollar, in just a moment. Right now.
Speaker 7: Our country is engaged in all out effort to fight off aggression and preserve our democratic freedom. The future of America concerns us all. That's why we should all help to make that future as bright as possible. By buying United States Defense Bond, you can help make American freedom secure, and at the same time you'll be automatically saving for your own financial security. Buy an extra bond for defense. Now, with our star John Lunn, we bring you the second act of yours, truly, Johnny Dollar.
Speaker 2: I grabbed the first plane out of Boston was back in the yard by late afternoon. Charlie Dyer from the police Lab was going over lou.
Speaker 4: Waltham's private office with dusting powder and camera.
Speaker 8: Some of them actor still outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charlie, you find anything about two hundred sets a fingerprints, all different.
Speaker 8: This one's gonna be fun. Probably turn out the Shakespeare did it.
Speaker 4: Half the talent of the outer office.
Speaker 2: There might confess if they were sure the last meal is all that's cracked up to be.
Speaker 8: Maybe they're waiting to see if we're gonna cast Paul Bearers.
Speaker 4: Hey, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Just looking over some papers under desk?
Speaker 4: Charlie?
Speaker 9: Oh, come off a dollar? You know better than that, Lieutenant finds out. I'll let you in here, all right, Charlie, Look, just give me one break. You got the keys of this file cabinet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why open it for me?
Speaker 4: Will you just this one drawer A through c Come on, Charlie, can't hurt anything.
Speaker 8: Oh, there's nothing nose parts but contracts.
Speaker 2: Johnny, I know, I just wanna look up a few, Kay Bellamy singer you think she did it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But well I want to.
Speaker 4: See the file, that's all. Come on, Charlie, will the one peak five minutes?
Speaker 8: All right? Can I finish that side of the room any hire? God take the fold of you on, Johnny, But I want.
Speaker 1: To see what you're doing here.
Speaker 2: It is, Kay Bellamy, just curious about something once. Why a doll with her voice and face and figure isn't on television?
Speaker 8: Oh, for crying out loud, go out and take a seat on the bench with the rest of those nuts.
Speaker 1: I didn't even hear him.
Speaker 2: Kay Bellany's contract with Lou Waltham was a dilly. No personal appearances, no club dates, no publicity pictures released without her approval, no studio audiences permitted. That are broadcasts, no television show.
Speaker 8: Look, Johnny, will you finish that and get.
Speaker 2: Out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm finished, Charlie, Why she.
Speaker 8: Ain't on television? If you ask me, she must have a face, would blow out the transmitter.
Speaker 4: What makes you say that?
Speaker 8: Pictures of her in the photo file where bottom drawer, it's just photos.
Speaker 1: I wanna see those two, Charlie.
Speaker 8: There's nothing to see.
Speaker 9: Hats with veiled silhouettes, even in the newspaper clippings. She must really be ugly. Then there's the only shot without a veil, her and some guy wearing big hats, shadow all over.
Speaker 2: The faces, Mexican sombreros, mule and cart in the background.
Speaker 4: This must have been snapped in Mexico.
Speaker 8: Come on, put 'em back, Johnny, clear out, there's nothing to see.
Speaker 4: He was wrong. There was something to see in that Mexican photo, all right.
Speaker 2: Not Kay Bellamy's face, but her hand holding the rim of the sombrero and I'm the hand.
Speaker 1: A wedding ring.
Speaker 2: Spencer con Items seven same as items two and six nineteen forty five cab and plane fair between New York and Boston. I made the plane just in time, and then got another little shock. There was a vacant seat on the aisle.
Speaker 5: I took it.
Speaker 4: The window seat was occupied by a dancer named Valerie. Well, I'm fancy meeting you here.
Speaker 1: Mister Dowler.
Speaker 2: You better uh fasten that seatbeltst You're a long way from Boston, aren't you. Well?
Speaker 4: I I I flew down this morning, he said.
Speaker 13: Mister Waltham was looking for people for a shell, so I thought I ought to see him, did you no, Well, William must know about the murder and.
Speaker 4: Police and everything I know about the murder and the police, but not everything you wanna fill me in. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: What time was it when you went to see Waltam?
Speaker 4: I'll remember exactly afternoon.
Speaker 1: Police were outside the building.
Speaker 4: I heard what happened.
Speaker 2: I didn't even go up the imagine weren't there earlier, like between eight and nine this morning when the police.
Speaker 1: Think he was killed?
Speaker 4: What would he be doing in his office so early?
Speaker 1: It was his hour for thinking before the arrival of the Howling.
Speaker 5: Didn't you know that?
Speaker 4: How would I know it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe you would.
Speaker 5: It was a thing that was known.
Speaker 2: Only by his better clients, like Fay Bellamy or friends. Which plane did you take from Boston in the York this morning?
Speaker 1: Lunch?
Speaker 4: Ask the airlines leave me alone. I'm in mourning for Loue Wolf. Maybe for you, Hani, maybe for you.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were tying up together, and they were all tying around Kay Bellamy, but there was still no sign of the payoff. I had to find out where Martin Bay had Cullen the third came into the picture. When we reached Boston, I taxied out to the exclusive Back Bay mansion that had housed the Cullens for generations. Martin the Third received me in the library.
Speaker 14: Your card says you're an insurance investigator. Whatever your business is, I would prefer it to if you would take the matter up with my business counselors.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the kind of business they might know about.
Speaker 4: I want some information about a girl you've been seeing? What girl and what sort of information? Don Levy at the Burley Que Review. I don't answer any questions concerning Don. What color?
Speaker 1: This is important? A man has been murdered.
Speaker 4: Are you implying that Don is involved in murder?
Speaker 1: I'm not implying. I'm saying it right out.
Speaker 14: Are you going to get out of here, mister Dollar, or shall I throw you out?
Speaker 1: I don't try.
Speaker 2: You might bend your suits. You're being a sucker about your lady love, Colin. She's been working here for something, hasn't she some kind of a favor something?
Speaker 4: By yes, what kind of a favor? Maybe the key to a murder?
Speaker 1: Colin.
Speaker 4: You may help her later as she's involved, but you can't cover.
Speaker 5: For her.
Speaker 4: All right. There's a man in the federal penitentiary, her uncle. His name is Fred Bellamy.
Speaker 14: She asked me to use my influence to have him moved from the West Coast prison to one in the east where members of the family will.
Speaker 5: Be able to visit him.
Speaker 4: Fred Bellamy, that's right. You will think you can make murder out of that.
Speaker 2: Listen, Sham, do you think Don Levia is really her name? I never asked, Frankly, but he should have not that she'd have told you.
Speaker 4: But her real name is.
Speaker 2: Kay Bellamy, Kay Bellamy, and I five will get you ten that Fred Bellamy is her husband, not her uncle.
Speaker 4: He was married. The police would have known it, not if he was married in Mexico. But he's been in jail for five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and an eye witness who helped to convict him swore that a girl drove the getaway car.
Speaker 4: You've been out with her?
Speaker 2: Color she ever show her face in public? I I know she always wears a hat with vag she she never liked crowded places I have been taken in every day. MM happens for the best of us. But for your sake, I hope you didn't try to arrange that favor.
Speaker 14: I'm free as I did do. Bellamy should be a boarded train headed east right now. Well, then you better call everybody you know in Washington and get him to call out the Marines or something, because somebody's gonna make a petch to yank Bellamy off that train.
Speaker 2: But it still didn't solve the murder of low Waltham. He'd found out the same things. I was certain, but how I kept thinking about it on my way down the gravel driveway from the Colon house. Then I reached the street and started to think of another murder. One that looked like it was just about to take place my.
Speaker 4: Own alright, nos he that for that kind climate. You're a busy little fella. Why don't you crowl?
Speaker 11: And I asked the boss for that special hunting license, like I said, and I got it. You man of like this ride there, crawling behind a wheel.
Speaker 4: Alright? Started and get gone too bad. You have to work so hard all alone, crawl. I just found out why you haven't had more company. I can handle you alone, buster, And now he looks like part of a gang crawl.
Speaker 1: You're the type.
Speaker 4: And the rest of the boys are out meeting a train someplace, aren't they?
Speaker 1: The Fred Bellamy special.
Speaker 11: Oh, I know you have mouth has to be z a bit. He's beginning nice and docks soon take a road out of town. Let's see a little country. Sure going fast enough for you and I'll get funny.
Speaker 4: Slow down. Oh, I like the breeze.
Speaker 5: Want this gunbell across your teeth?
Speaker 4: No, but I don't want the bulletier plenty to give me either.
Speaker 2: He's got me scared. When I get scared, I get crazy. I don't like the idea of dying alone. He's trying to bluff me.
Speaker 4: Oh, you ever hit the.
Speaker 2: Back of a ten ton truck at eighty miles an hour, and now a smart guy. You're going to a smart guy because there's one right in front of us. He turned his eyes away from me and saw the back of the truck rooming up suddenly in the dusk.
Speaker 1: For a minute, fear paralyzed him, and.
Speaker 8: He gave a wild shriek and opened the door and jumped.
Speaker 1: He yanked the wheel hard and the car missed the truck by inches.
Speaker 4: The crow didn't.
Speaker 2: His leap had smashed him right into the back of it. I felt my heart kicking up at something in my throat. I turned the car around and drove back to the bird Cue Review at fifteen miles an hour.
Speaker 5: Collen, Hello, okay, h, that's you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tired of running? K Yeah, tired.
Speaker 1: Your husband isn't gonna get off that train. The gang will be picked up too, I know, h.
Speaker 12: I just had a phone call from Martin Bay had Cullen the third.
Speaker 4: It made me feel like it was rotten.
Speaker 12: I did it because I had to.
Speaker 2: Your husband wasn't gonna let you enjoy the comforts of life while he rotted away in jail.
Speaker 5: Is that it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 12: He let me take the radio job because he thought he might be able to buy his way out with the money out of.
Speaker 4: The federal penn He was dreaming, glad it's over.
Speaker 12: He had Cruel and the other boys watching me for him to keep me working in burlesque, make things rough for me, so i'd never forget what a bad time he was having.
Speaker 4: I'd better call the police.
Speaker 5: King.
Speaker 4: You don't have to, mister Dollar. I call him myself two minutes ago. I'm just waiting.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've seen the farewell performance.
Speaker 4: Now, why don't you leave me alone? Please?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Oh, mister dollar, Ollo, let's see.
Speaker 4: Oh I say, I heard the terrible news about mister Watson. Such a terrible thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you worked for him, I know how badly your most feel left.
Speaker 5: Will tell me something.
Speaker 4: Are you taking over the business when you've been looking for the people for that show? I'll uh let you know his Valerie around game in.
Speaker 8: The manager's office just over there, mister Crow's office.
Speaker 2: You know me sour, Yeah, I met him around a couple of times. Thanks, hello, Valerie, you boy scrawl. I don't know for sure, maybe out in the highway, maybe in the morgue. By now, the mark his hunting license expired. You lost your boyfriend.
Speaker 4: He was nothing to me. No, And why did you follow me to Collins House and then tip him off that I was there? Hell about what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Let's try something else.
Speaker 2: Then you went to New York with him when he killed Waltham, but you took different planes coming back.
Speaker 4: Hih.
Speaker 13: So he killed Waltham and now he's dead.
Speaker 5: Why does that make me an accessory? No?
Speaker 13: No, look listen to me, mister dollar. I didn't know what he was gonna do. I didn't even know why he was gonna see Waltham. First I knew it was trouble was when I was sitting in the outer office and I heard them yelling, and then I heard a shot.
Speaker 4: You mean Crawl was in the private office with Waltham.
Speaker 1: You didn't see them together.
Speaker 4: I couldn't. The door was closed.
Speaker 2: Too bad you heard that shot then, because it makes you sound like a liar. Waltham's private office was completely sound proof.
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, sure, you're a nice pieceful all right?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 5: That's better.
Speaker 2: Police will be here soon with a wagon. You better put something, guys, so you don't catch cold. And that's about it for the bump and grind artists. Lou Waltham never insured himself because he had nobody to leave it to, so there's no loss there. Of course, the k Bellamy policy was never issued. You lose a fat premium, but don't fret over it. Clause forty two A would have cost you a mint, the one about mint performances. She'll be missing him for the next ten years. I guess your total loss lies in my expense account. Itam eatee forty three dollars miscellaneous item nine six dollars and ten cents trained fare from Boston back to Hartford, Connecticut. Please note that I did not charge you for the admission pass that Waltham gave me to the Burdecue review, nor did I charge you cab fare from the Collin Mansion to town, since Crawle provided car service. Expense account total one hundred and thirty five dollars and forty cents. Here's truly, Johnny dollars, yours truly Johnny Dollar. Stars John London the title role, and was written by Joel Murcott with music by Eddie Dunstutter. John Lunn can currently be seen in the Universal International Picture just across the street. Featured in tonight's cast were Raymond burb, Benny Rubin, jain O Fellow, Gene Bates, hi Everback, Sandra Gold, and Gloria Blondell. Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar is transcribed in Hollywood by I'm a by.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 4: Here's the CBS Radio Network