Speaker 1: Welcome to reader Syndicate three point zero, the next evolution of the look into counterculture that is Canaa. My name is Matthew, owner of Riot Seeds, and this started as a one man mission for strain history and breeding science. Over time it's evolved into something bigger, better, and more of a team effort. We will be joined by members of the can Illuminati and other friends throughout the seasons to hear their takes on grow techniques, breeding science, string history and more. Our mission is to combat the narrative that corporate cannabis and seed posters are obfuscating.
Speaker 2: For their own financial benefit. Welcome to the underground.
Speaker 3: We are the syndicate.
Speaker 4: The videos on this channel, the Breeder Syndicate three point zero, are compliant with YouTube policies and does not depict or promote any sales or distribution of any substances. These videos do not violate any YouTube community guidelines and is intended to educate the public about historical and scientific aspects of hemp plants. This video does not promote, idle, nor glorify any illegal activities or unsafe consumption of regulated substances. We are not doctors or lawyers. This should be super obvious. With that said, some people need to be reminded about this. Do not take anything we say as medical or legal advice of any sort. We are just the best at what we do.
Speaker 5: Live with it.
Speaker 4: All content is copyright of the Breeder Syndicate three point zero twenty twenty four, Section one oh seven of the Fair Use Act. Thank you for your support.
Speaker 5: What's up everyone? Welcome reader Syndicate. I'm Matthew here with Scrusten and back behind the scenes Spinser going to help us run it. And let's see. You got everybody waiting chat? What's up everyone? Jay, Doug White? People are I don't have my glasses on it so I can't read that small people are read the room totally, Kyle, what's up everyone? These ads are relentless. Oh the Twitch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it started with an ad that's fucking evil of Twitch.
Speaker 5: To two, Twitch has been I'm really disappointed in Twitch, like I have everything set completely off, but it doesn't matter, like they are just going to do what they do because they're gonna make money off your shit even if you don't. I mean, I don't know how YouTube was for people that didn't have YouTube like premium, like because that's the only way to watch it ad free. I don't know how it is on Rumble, to be honest with you, and I don't know if they just cut us off, like in the middle of talking and then it comes back in whenever the hell it wants. But that sucks. And yeah, anyways, how was your weeks Christen?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Pretty good? I got some stuff about to be coming down, so I'm fucking happy about that.
Speaker 5: What do we got? Triangle Choke and TL one with.
Speaker 2: The one you know what it is?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Tuscan leather, Oh, Tufkin fleather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a those are those are gonna be coming down? And then I got probably a couple of weeks after that, Salen eighteen Ghost by d Garbage Cloud and then a D by Irene.
Speaker 5: That sounds good. Oh you know, Pinzer is a massive fan of the D by Irene. I mean I am too, but like she is over overwhelmed and overtaken by So I'm gonna have to get a clone with that for you when we meet up.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 5: Oh do you didn't keep clones?
Speaker 2: Well, no, this is just the last run of it because I like the I like the uh, what's it called the other irene uh stuff that I have. Yeah more because it can it can come out midzi, you know, like it does like that debus the propensity to do it, you know, like if you fuck up, and you know, I like retard proof cuts that like make me look better all the time instead of you know, like missing watering. You know it's the right time for two weeks and it like it's just boofy. You know, I'll get you high and all that, but it just doesn't have that super good quality that you're actually growing it for. You know.
Speaker 5: See, that's the one reason I don't like him D is that I just was I had a lot of boofiness come out of it, and a lot of the hybrids too. And granted, at the time when I was growing it a lot, I wasn't a great grower, so of course it was coming out boofy a lot, you know, but I didn't understand that there during that time. I just thought the clones sucked. And that's that is that's how that shit goes.
Speaker 2: Get Well, that's weird thing is I can grow like I grow D was pretty good. You know, boy, the D hybrids really do fucking kick my ass. Sometimes where it's like, you know, it'll still it'll you know, everyone else that I give it to is like, oh my god, this is great all that shit, you know, but like I know that it's not, or at least not as good as it as it should be, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, so what anything else coming down?
Speaker 2: Well then I have I do have, uh ascotti that's gonna be finishing up. Yeah, I got, I get. It's funny. I got past it because the dude thought he was a friend from Dallas was trying to give me in Blue the ninety one cut it, and Blue started flowering it first and was like, uh, this definitely isn't fucking Kim, And I was like, oh yeah, it doesn't quite look like and he sent me a picture and it was just beautiful and clistening and all that. Oh yeah, okay, well that's definitely not the ninety one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's not going to be the pretty one. Yeah. Early on Canado had kind of really early on passed it to me.
Speaker 6: It was just you know, well, you know it's I like, uh, it's fast, it's easy to grow, and the cut I don't know if I don't know if my friends selected it from seat or if he got it like you know, some certain cut from a person or some shit.
Speaker 2: But it's actually like it either it's either like it and kim og thing, you know, like instead of just bland like it didn't even like the water down og thing actually smells good where you're like, oh okay, cool, I can rock with this and it's got a got a pretty good potency to it. So yeah, that's like the only modern thing that I've enjoyed. Growing doesn't make me feel like, no, fucking well, I don't know if we can say that.
Speaker 5: One deleting r.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to walk that fine, fine line. Yeah. So one of the things that we were looking at and me and CSI have to happened to watch the same video yesterday and talk to each other about it independently. And it was from a channel on YouTube called Infographics, and they have a lot of great shows on their Most aren't about cannabis. Most are about like things going on in.
Speaker 7: The world, world wars, what will happen if, say, you know, Iran wins this war or this or that potentialities, But they did one and it's there.
Speaker 5: Are some things obviously we will take a different position on being in the middle of it. It's definitely an outsider's point of view. But he did a pretty good job of delivering some of the info in a way that people newer to cannabis, I think will understand better. And so we are going to be playing some clips from that, and we are going to be commenting on it while we are doing that. Because of course there's a Fair Use Act. There's a copyright disclaimer running at the bottom.
Speaker 2: If you want to watch you and you should watch the whole video, go over to his channel and watch it.
Speaker 5: Yep, And I put a link in the description to it so you can just go right to it. Watch the whole video from beginning to end. It's well worth it. I think it's well worth it. It's like I said, it is from a person who is not in cannabis. And yeah, we are sharing this video under the fair use doctrine and a transformative manner for public information, critique and commentary. All right, deserve to copyright video owners. And with that said, this is the first time that we're ever going to try to do this, so please please bear with us on this. I'm trying. We're going to start it. I think it was one twelve. Let's this start all right, Let's hope this works.
Speaker 8: Investors completely misunderstood the product they were selling. They thought that they were buying the next sit Appum, Quiet, next and Howzard Busch, the next Starbucks. What they actually bought was a heavily regulated agricultural commodity. It's closer in nature to soybeans, pork bellies, or timber than to consumer technology. And that mistake begins with some of the smartest people in finance making the simplest possible error in Judgment chapter two, the green.
Speaker 5: So they briefly mentioned there if you saw it, they thought they were going to be getting.
Speaker 8: Fundamental error. Investors completely misunderstood the product they were saying they were finding. Next to Apple, the next end Hazard Busch, the next Starbucks for.
Speaker 5: Starbucks, which literally in the in the newest Forbes article, they refer to this as, you know, like they want to be the Starbucks of weed. I can't true leave. And it shows a fundamental misunderstanding as well of those chads that own that company, not having any idea what they are doing. And here here's a.
Speaker 3: Green rush illusion.
Speaker 8: In fourteen, Colorado opened the first recreational market in American history, and the results were immediate. The stock charts went almost straight up, and venture capital did what it always does when numbers move like that, It chased the next platform wave, the next so and.
Speaker 5: Here, I would say a great example will be like SpaceX taking their product public. You see the big boner curve where it just goes straight up, and eventually when people start selling out selling their shares, you just start to see the other side of it.
Speaker 2: And what are you say, Well, they should have never expected the type of unlimited growth, Yes, that they're used to. This is a it's a product that takes months to make, and you know, it's not something that you can just like, yeah, you can crank the fucking pre rolls out on the machine whatever, but like, the actual based product takes forever to fucking grow and it's a real product. So whatever it sucks, you're not going to get as much money, you know. Yeah, And you know what doosed?
Speaker 5: When I had friends that were talking about getting into this side of the business, the uh, the part where you play juggle the fucking government's balls, I told them, Well, the quickest way to wake money wouldn't be wouldn't that just be to run a nursery as opposed to waiting for flour, Like it's almost an immediate return and as long as you're testing, and we will get to testing in a little bit. But uh yeah and.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Bloodgates opened. Medmen opened a flagship store on Fifth Appens.
Speaker 5: Was it Medmen or medman.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I thought it was Medman Yeah.
Speaker 3: But in Manhattan.
Speaker 8: It was a slick operation with polished concrete floors, iPads on every counter, and staff in matching reds.
Speaker 5: Kind of high are you looking for today? I can read your brain. I can read the chemistry of your brain. Don't worry about it. We got it here for you.
Speaker 2: Chert.
Speaker 8: The pitch to investors was explicit. This was the apple Store of night Men. But the ambitions didn't stop there. Justin Hartfield, the founder of weed Maps, framed it differently. He was going to build the Yelp of marijuana, others when he Yelp of marijuana even further casting themselves as the during gamble.
Speaker 2: I do think it's funny to see like those are like artifacts of a time before like Instagram really fully like came into its full form. You know, none of them fucking places need to pay to be on do any of that fucking ship. You can just give free stuff to a dumb ass and boom. You know, it doesn't take. Bikers did not see it, you know, like, who the fuck you yelp at all? Now, you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah. Weed maps is kind of a weird thing now too, especially here locally, because in California a lot of places are playing the game where they'll open for six months and then get knocked. You know, it's still playing. I mean people are still getting popped for running collectives, whether semi legal quasi legal, in the process of being legal, and yeah, I mean they get knocked all the time. So it's just not a very great market to be using weed maps because you can build up this profile on there and all of a sudden you get knocked and you're down, and then what do you do? You know, And it seems like people here locally have found a way to get around that, and it's just word of mouth and it's that fast, it's that easy. So I think I might have always been that way. They may never have needed a yelp for weed but you know, the young kids, I thought they were all using like TikTok and all that weird shit to do what they were doing and shouldn't have been and shouldn't have been doing shouldn't have been doing, okay.
Speaker 8: Just to consolidate a fragmented market under a massive house of brands each raised hundreds of millions of dollars on that promise. Then reality showed up. Cannabis isn't an iPhone. Artificial scarcity doesn't hold. There is nothing stopping a competitor from growing the same product just a few miles away and selling it for less in me.
Speaker 5: And this is where like I will insert and say from an outsider point of view that that could be correct. They could say they have the same clone and are growing in next door. It doesn't matter if they have the same clone and the growing in next door. One thing I for sure know is none of these collectives would be growing males right in the middle of all these other bands. But it was cool that they put a mail in there anyways, just for shits and giggles. But yes, a place could open next to you and claim they have the same clone, or maybe they do have the same clone, but that isn't even taken into account in any any sort of way in the legal market, and that's been like my pet peeve of all of it, like sourcing provenons. It is so much more important than people have ever realized and uh continue to not realize because weed is just weed, and cookies all kind of comes out the same. So they can call it gelotto, they could call it whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, it's weird because oftentimes you see people do care about that type of stuff in other things in their life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely absolutely, they just don't understand it. And weed, it hasn't been brought brought into their brought to their tension in some way shape or form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it like hasn't become palpable yet, you know, like it it's gonna take them getting like I don't know, real o G or something to be like oh wow, yeah, okay, this is well grown real o G.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and look what look at this second plant. Look at this little tiny mail It actually looks like a.
Speaker 2: Like a like.
Speaker 5: A a DJ short blueberry male like just saw dinky and tiny or.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, that looks a lot like when my friend uh like reveged but not all the way and just went right back into flower after like three weeks and they looked like peace lilies, almost like that, where yeah, big ass fucking leaves and weird little clusters on it.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is just like a six inch plant with just some little bit of balls, whereas plant number four right here is is more typical of mail. This one. Actually, number two is more what I would consider a plant that's been reversed, because it has tighter bud sets. You're not seeing balls hanging, whereas you can kind of see some balls hanging in male number four. And that's just totally nerdy, has nothing to do with the video. That's what happens when I look at shit. Sorry, guys, let's see. Uh, I want to make sure that we're not using too much of this video. Les youre we're at four forty nine was where we wanted to go to fourtors.
Speaker 2: Put it here, all right, Oh careers.
Speaker 8: The Pablo Escobar Law applies to a fifty eight year old woman selling pre rolls and Sacramento. A normal business making a million dollars in profit pays the IRS roughly.
Speaker 3: Two hundred and ten thousand.
Speaker 8: A dispensary making the exact same profit pays seven hundred thousand. The law was designed for cartels, but it's applied to the corner store, and that's just a federal layer. By the time California sackx XI sales and local taxes, thirty nine cents of every dollar in an LA dispensary is gone. And that is even before rent, before payroll, before anything. Two blocks away, a bottle of bourbon is taxed at less than a third of that tax. Something this hard, and people don't stop buying. They just stopped buying legally, and that alternative market exploded.
Speaker 5: Jeff, Ah, Yeah, I don't know about that. What the alternative market exploded, as far as liked, it exploded it in a way that it ruined it.
Speaker 2: I think that it got dude, I don't know, honestly. I think it just got replaced. You know, it's not brick anymore. It's just you know, this like backdoor product that because they don't fucking want to pay you know, the majority in fucking taxes, they're able to push out to a different state for fucking cheap because it's fucking cheap anyways. Yes, and that's you know, that's just kind of like replaced that the fucking Mexican brick that has always been you know, the bulk of the market has always been shitty fucking wed yes, because people are like, oh man, why would I pay you know, twenty bucks for a gram when I can get a half ounce? You know. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But what it did do when this all started happening with legalization, it drove the price of cannabis in the traditional market down to a minimum. And I tried explaining that to people, like even before it happened on a business level, businessmen with you know, multimillion billions of dollars enter a market, they expect to be in the red, which means to be at a loss for X amount of years, and they can afford to take that loss. That's a normal part of business. And they do that so that they drop the prices, and in mom and pop shops can't afford to compete at those prices and therefore start dropping out, slowly but surely. And that's what I've seen, that's what I've noticed a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not just forcing them to drop out, it's being able to buy them and take their market share. Yes, exactly exactly. It's an Amazon model, just in a different sector. You know, burn it down, buy it out, and you can keep the Ponzi scheme going. That's how I see it. It's just like a pond scheme on yourself, where you're that and investors, where you're just fucking running it until hopefully you get fucking bought out by some richer dickhead. Yes, who fucking you know.
Speaker 5: That's always what it was. It was all the people that all my friends that went legal, their whole thing was like, yeah, we're just gonna you know, someone's gonna buy us out. Someone's gonna buy us out. And it's like, I'm not sure that that's gonna go how you think. But I tried to be optimistic for them, but it was just never I couldn't do it myself. It didn't make any sense. I couldn't make rational sense of it. And and this is where, like, like we talked about looking in it, looking at it from the outsiders point of view. He's going to go on to chapter four, the shadow Empire wins, meaning that the black market wins by them doing this. But for me, that's something that I would project ten years from now as opposed to right away or even a year or two. And you know what I mean, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: It's I you know, I think that things will the balance will be restored eventually, eventually, but I mean, I don't even at this point, I don't I don't know. I would venture to guess that it doesn't even that it's not even like it's never going to be the commodity it was. You know, but even if you were to take those same prices, now everything fucking costs more grown. You know, everything involved in growing.
Speaker 5: Costmark, fertilizers, thank you Iran, thank you Iran.
Speaker 2: War electricity, fucking like literally everything costs more. Just shipping on your shit, yeah costs more, you know, So like everything, even taking those prices, you're still never gonna make the same you know, Like, and I don't think that it's going to be that kind of a thing anymore, you know. Like that's why I just hope that it gets fucking decriminalized so we can stop going to jail for having using and growing and giving people, you know, just gifted. You know, Hey, here's a fucking jar. And then like you know, if you want to fucking run the road or whatever, that's up to you. Yeah, it always has been, you know, but just keep that part I legal whatever.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna see what he has to say about the shadow Empire winning and see if we agree or not.
Speaker 8: Therefore, the shadow Empire wins. California is illicit cannabis market moves roughly eight billion dollars a year. That's enough to fund the entire annual budget of the DEA, twice over the legal market moves three point nine billion.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna insert here that now with the newest bill written in, the DEA will be the middle Land and we will be If you are part of the legal market, you are going to be selling your weed to the DEA. The DEA will broker it, it will then sell it onto sellers, and it will be people a part of the DEA picking which strains get sold and which strains obviously get smoked in the end, and most of the people that work for the DEA aren't going to be smokers or well versed in this, and they don't give a fuck to hire someone say hey, let's go hire a straight expert. Do you think that's gonna happen? Probably not so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I just had to insert that part there because.
Speaker 2: They did try and do that. They're not going to get someone that any that's going to be helpful.
Speaker 5: No, No, they're going to get a swerve.
Speaker 2: They're going to get a fucking mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going to get a James Quiet or someone like that, zan x Ky, whatever he calls himself.
Speaker 8: Here in the state that pioneered medical legalization earlier than any other in America. The underground one. A legal dispensary on the corner sales an eighth of premium flour for sixty five bucks, and unlicensed shop two blocks away sales the same aid for thirty five. Customers don't care which store has a license. Customers care about the price. The illicit market undercuts the legal market by thirty five to forty percent on every transaction. That gap has nothing to do with marketing or branding. That gap is the tax code. In New York, the numbers get even uglier. The state issued just under two hundred retail licenses. There are roughly fourteen hundred unlicensed dispensaries operating openly in the city alone, seven illegal shops for every legal one approved across the entire state. They have signage, point of sale terminals identical to the legal stores.
Speaker 3: Yelp pages with thousands of five star reviews.
Speaker 8: A customer walking in can't tell the difference the owner doesn't want them to. In May twenty twenty four, the city launched something called Operation Padlock to protect Sheriff's deputies hit unlicensed shops and coordinated sweeps across all five boroughs. By the end of twenty twenty five, the operation had closed more than sixteen hundred illegal store.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here we go.
Speaker 5: This is one of the things that I wanted to point out to people outside the US have this idea, and even people inside the US that weed is legal at all levels. Please stop saying, please stop thinking, please stop acting like this. There's no good end to assuming that anything about this will be one hundred and Yeah, I think that it has a lot to do with this. Did you have any comments there?
Speaker 2: Screw Well, I think it'll be a little bit more relevant in a later part. Just the I think the distinguishing between the white and black market that they're doing is weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're making it seem more advantageous to be black market.
Speaker 2: Well, they're also making a much bigger what's the word, a much bigger like distinction between the two than I think actually exists.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, you know, like these these these people that they're talking about are selling the same exact weed from the same exact sources and backdooring it out to other states.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like, that's the name of the game. You know. Some of your fucking employees are brokers for other fucking you know, and that.
Speaker 5: Has nothing to do with the traditional market whatsoever. Like the people you know that are growing a few tents in their house or out back, this has nothing to do with any of that. Those people aren't moving their stuff to these you know, like illegal stores or whatever they're calling them, or the legal market like, and they're all kind of combining it into one and not making a very really clear case for that because again, I don't think they understand that part of what they're talking about. Would that be fair to say? Do you think that?
Speaker 2: I definitely, because it's you know, I don't know, I get you know, back in the day, all of it was illegal except for whatever was grown in like fucking Mississippi or whatever exactly. Yeah, so like, I don't know, it's like in because they get to the whole you know, like organized grows and stuff like that. You know. I yes, those have always been around, you know, but it's not that I don't even I don't even think that's the majority of black market like grows. You know, if you at least what's feeding the black market, you know, the vast majority of it is coming out of the same fucking place that's feeding the white market. Yes, it's all the same ones, just diverted to fucking you know, cover the costs of ay in seventy percent in taxes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got to be paid somehow, I see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and these guys. The one thing I appreciate about the video is I speak over people's heads because I'm half stupid, and this this really does break down a good portion of it. And you're also very good at breaking down what these guys are trying to say to a.
Speaker 2: More palatable form. Yeah, speak dummy, because I am a dummy.
Speaker 5: Say you're John the Baptist. Bro, you're John the Baptist.
Speaker 8: Think of it that way, of course, and seized over one hundred and thirteen million dollars of unlicensed product off the shelves. One single Queen's inspection uncovered about ten million worth of cannabis in one location. And yet even after all that, the state officials estimated that thousands of unlicensed jops. We're still actively trading. In New York City, stores were reopening in some cases within hours of the paddocks coming off the doors. In parts of South Los Angeles, you only need to wait until after dark to see the difference. The license dispensary on the corner it closes at nine, it'd be two customers inside, walk one block over, and the unlicensed shop stays open until two am. There's a security guard at the door, a line of cars waiting for delivery runners to come back out inside. The menu on a flat screen TV shows the same brands, the legal store cells, lower prices, cash only, no license anywhere on the wall. Los Angeles City Attorney Office has filed nuisance complaints against more than three hundred unlicensed shops since twenty twenty three. Two thirds of them reopened under a new name within ninety days.
Speaker 5: I still love watching this. Like in San Diego, that was the drill, but it was sixty days. It would be you get popped, sixty days, reopened, same name, same spot, same everything, reopened, and then they would give them six months to build back up, and then they'd slam them and then repeat. And this happened for years and years and years. I don't know how it necessarily works now because I don't deal with any of those places now. But yeah, same security guard. That's fucking hilarious.
Speaker 8: Often in the same building, the same security guard, the same menu, but a new sign over the door. The legal storefront across the street paid their rent, payroll and taxes the entire time and watched its margin shrink with every reopening. But the real sophistication has moved beyond the storefronts. In northern California, in Humboldt County, deep in the Emerald Trianglear, federal investigators are starting to document something new. Licensed cultivators are using their state issued license numbers as cover on paper. They grow exactly what California authorizes, but that's only part of the operation. Inside those same buildings, they're growing ten times more off of the books, and that product doesn't stay in California. It moves across state lines to New York, Florida.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's let's let's go easy on Humboldt here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're definitely picking on them, like it's not fucking.
Speaker 5: At Windo in Trinity County and fucking Bakersfield or wherever, you know, like it could be anywhere in.
Speaker 2: California, Texas where prices are a bunch of those fuck and like huge grows in that essentially waste land of fucking middle California.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, yep. And yeah, and of course a lot of times they say stuff like Humboldt or certain parts in NorCal because there are forests there, you know, protective forests there, and that way they can call anybody who's doing anything over there cartel. They don't want you to know that these are families, but these are you know, families been doing this for three or four generations. They'd rather you think they were cartel growing in the national forest and you can't go see your national forest because you know you might get shot by someone, you know, some cartel dude. They would very much like it to be that way, even though I think our national forests are now data centers, soon to be data centers, that's another story.
Speaker 8: Are triple what California pays, and it goes even deeper than individual operators. In recent years, federal authorities have traced large scale California growing operations to transnational criminal organizations. In one Sacramentary is sweep, federal agents moved on dozens of grow houses that allegedly were underwritten by Chinese organized crime. Then Attorney General Jeff Sessions called one of the largest residential forfeiture actions in American history. Similar operations have been uncovered in Colorado and Washington, where cash bought homes are converted into industrial scale growhouses whose product is shipped east, never appearing in any legal sales report. A pound of California indoor flower cells for eight hundred bucks in Los Angeles, that same pound.
Speaker 5: A pound for eight hundred in LA next.
Speaker 3: To Manhattan, sells for two five.
Speaker 5: Twenty five hundred in the East Coast. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know I can get a pound right now for probably six hundred.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, I'm like, huh.
Speaker 8: Through Florida's underground delivery networks. It can clear three thy two hundreds. No legal supply chain can touch those margins. The most national operators in California cannabis right now are running licenses as a front, not running chains, and the government, the federal enforcement machine that was supposed to police all of this, has faded into the background. DA cannabis seizures dropped thirty three percent between twenty eleven and twenty twenty, the agency moved its resources to fentanyl. The corporations chase a market the government taxed into the ground. The government chases a supply that regrows every ninety days. And in the middle of it all, a small group of operators keep the lights on, the staff paid, and the.
Speaker 5: Not if they've grown.
Speaker 8: At Hayes Doors Open Chapter five, the micro survivors off Washington Boulevard in Los Angeles. There's a small dispensary called Mecha. The product on the shelves is mostly grown by people the owner knows by first name. Noel Fronts opened the store because she couldn't find the kind of cannabis she actually wanted to buy. Her model is the opposite of the Apple store wheat. She integrates with a small group of cultivators she has personally vetted. She tests every batch herself if a grower's qualities.
Speaker 5: Okay, come on, I do.
Speaker 2: I do like the model.
Speaker 5: Though the model would be great if this per was like one of the upper echelon people that has been in the business for many, many years that knows what the fuck she's passing on and could identify what these clones are over. That's the one thing I'm so fucking animal about that though I know it drives people nuts, but I.
Speaker 2: Mean, at least, you know, in terms of what weed is now on the on the bigger you know, in the the bigger you know, market of stuff, like at least having someone who's fucking smoking it and being like, look, you focus on growing and I'll sell it if it's good, I'll sell it. If it's not, I won't. That's in a traditional way, a thing held up, you know, because like now I'm gonna be trying even harder, because you know, if you're going to actually pay me when I grow good, then I'm going to try and grow well, you know. But like if it doesn't matter and you're only gonna give me like a fucking price, that makes me cry. Yeah, I'm not gonna try at all. Why the fuck would I Yeah, why you're gonna pay the same amount anyways, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I just wish there were more people in this position where she is. They knew what they were talking about. I mean, there are a few collectives out there that people assume, you know, like know what's going on, like whether it's archive in Portland, you know, where you can go buy a cut a forum and end up with Tropic Canic cook Ease or toad Venom for I don't know, one K to five K clone and then all of a sudden you get something else. Like it's really hard to find people to trust in that exact position. And I don't think it'll get any easier. I don't think anybody's getting much smarter. I think it's getting harder.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's I mean, dude, think about so think about like the fucking like latest you know, uh generation of people you know coming to who are you know, refilling the ranks. Yeah, think of what they've had access to, you know, like ooh rough fucking time, Yeah, to learn anything to fucking you know, Like, I mean, it was hard enough without like being you know, with only like being local and stuff, you know, like not being fucking deep in the scene or knowing uh people who are deep in the scene and all of that. Like's it was hard enough to fucking learn actual you know shit. Yeah, now fuck impossible, almost impossible you know without having someone who's like, hey, stop being fucking retarded, Yeah, and you actually are and they actually know what they're talking about it's fucking a the next ten years of weed and is I'm hopeful, but only because you know, enough fucking people haven't died yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and that again, we're talking about dispensaries. We're talking about concentrates as well. With more dispensaries, with more availability, I do think death will. I mean, there was a brand new science paper I was going to show last week on CHS, but it's gotten it's gotten ridiculous. Like twenty four thousand patients in a city are being seen per month for CHS at this point, and that's a lot, and it's it's becoming hard for a lot of the people who think it's kneem oil or that it's propaganda to push back on that anymore, because eventually, if they dab and they and people say, I smoke a puff tough, you know whatever, you're eventually going to run into it if you do enough damage and you and it could be genetic some of it, like you know you predisposed genetically, but.
Speaker 2: That one's that that might be a key factor. And like whether you do or don't like hit that switch.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do think. I just as someone who's been through it. I do think that there there are people who will push that limit and will flip it no matter what. I think. I think it is possible to flip it, no matter what, because it has to get to the CB one receptor and you can destroy those neurons and.
Speaker 2: Those one grand dab challenges. Ain't looking too good now?
Speaker 5: Uh no, no, not at all, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's clips for one harvest. They're removed from the shelves.
Speaker 8: Customers come to Mecca because they trust Noel's name above the door, not the brand on the jar. Corporate dispensary has had buyers in distant offices placing orders spreadsheets. Mecca has Noel on the floor talking to a regular about what they bought last month and what came in fresh this week.
Speaker 5: Hey, dude, how is that Jelato for? You? Got me so I can't even remember, bro.
Speaker 8: She remembers their preferences, She remembers the strain they didn't like in March. A model like that will never scale to one hundred locations. That's the point. Across down in West Los Angeles, j Handle runs Erba. He took a different path. Herba acts almost like a marketplace through licensed distributors. Small cultivator supply the product to Herba's shelves and only get paid when their product sells well. Herba legally takes ownership. They never buy the product upfront. That single decision means Erba is not sitting on millions of dollars of unsold flour the way corporate chains were. When the price is crashed, the cultivator carries the risk. The cultivator is also the person who knows the product best. When prices fall, the cultivator absorbs the hit. When a strain takes off, the cultivator receives the benefits. Herba collects a percentage and never holds the financial Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Think they're giving the cultivator a lot more credit than they deserve what they got, And but at least the cultivator should hopefully know whether they're uh supply is better grown than the last time. Didn't know that much.
Speaker 2: I really don't agree with that with that business model in particular, other than I don't know, maybe like if you're like a wholesaler, that's because that is what wholesalers like. That's that business plan, not fucking retail. So what am I just going to tell my fucking electric company. Well just wait, I gotta wait until I get paid, you know, like exactly. That's fucking okay, cool man. I just you know, like at the least spent two weeks.
Speaker 9: Growing, paying the fucking bills on this crop, and then three weeks like drying, getting it ready to actually go to the you know, and then yeah, oh, you're just gonna hold onto it, cool man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucked you know.
Speaker 5: And that's that's the part where the EA comes in, and then they have to sell it. And then after it's sold, supposedly you have to wait another thirty days before they pay you out. And yeah, that's really really scary dealing with.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, then you got nothing. That's what if they do is essentially be a fucking vampire to get the last bit of life out of as much of the fucking market as they can.
Speaker 5: And do I see that possible in this current administration. Yeah, I've seen them do it with Crypto. I've seen them do it with their name stamped on the Crypto and rug pool. So why wouldn't they have the DEA do the same thing. It's a definite possibility. It's not like they are tied down by anything written. It's still fucking weed, right, it's still the dea. They can find any number of ways to make your licenses disappear and or be not quite right. So yeah, that's my commentary on that.
Speaker 8: Feel risk of an item longer than a customer takes to walk it out the door. The result is a shelf that updates faster than any corporate chain can match. New strains appear weekly, Bad strains disappear within days. The customer who walks in on a Friday night knows they will not see the same selection they saw on a Monday. URBA has turned inventory turnover, the slowest, most boring metric in retail into a marketing weapon.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I don't see how that would even functionally work. Friday they didn't like the weed, and Monday they got a whole new supply of something different other than renaming it. That doesn't make a lot of sense unless they constantly have backups of backups of different strains running. But in that we know how that works. Like, you have to do some selection too. You can't just pop a few seeds or grab a clone from a homie and expect that to satiate their needs.
Speaker 2: Well, because they're getting from a distributor, right, that's yeah, another thing I don't get. So what the distributor is just waiting on the fucking money too, you know. I mean, I don't know how y'all system works. That whole fucking having to go through a distribution center licensed thing is the dumbest fucking I get that. They're, oh, we gotta fucking like try and control it better. Well, what if I just don't send it to the distribution place, you know, Like if I'm going to sell to the black market, I'm gonna fucking get it there. Regardless of all these extra steps. All you're doing is making it almost certain that that is the route that this is gonna go. Exactly is going to sit in this distribution unit. Yeah, until they love you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and imagine how much degradation goes and as it sits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I can't like leave the fan leaves on and like, hey, you guys do the final trim off the whole, you know, like for that extra weight in trim, but like to try and at least give it subtype of longevity and protection and.
Speaker 5: Telling humidity, perfect humidity settings, like a humid door for it and all that. Do you see them doing that? No, I don't, that's just me.
Speaker 8: In Long Beach, Bobby Vechio and his partner Nick run RB a delivery operation. There's no storefront, no rent, and no glass cases. It's a reputation built on showing up at your door within thirty minutes with the exact products you ordered by a driver who remembers your name on the second visit. A retail dispensary in Long Beach pays twelve thousand to thirty thousand dollars a month in rent. HERB pays for cars and gas. Bobby answers his own phone. Nick handles the route logistics from a laptop at his kitchen table. The combined monthly fixed cost of running HERB is roughly what a single Medmen location used to pay for window cleaning. When a corporate chain misroutes an order, the customer waits a week for an apology email. When HERB misroutes an order, Bobby drives the replacement to the customer's door himself.
Speaker 5: That's except for the fact when the person that answers that door has a weapon and takes your you know what I mean, like they're leaving that part out. Delivery services are dangerous. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I was visiting my my, uh my grandpa and grandma on Oceanside, there was an this was like two thousand and twelve probably, there was like an ad for a dry you know, a delivery service, but they only had hot chicks. Yeah, and that just seemed like, Oh, that seems like there's gonna be a fucking like you're asking I get the idea.
Speaker 5: Oh cool, yes, sex cells, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Like you're fucking putting those girls in.
Speaker 5: Danger, major danger, like double danger, triple dangers in some cases. Yeah, not this guy, Yo, my bad. I'm gonna show up with the big box and.
Speaker 8: Replace the same night, often within the hour. Three operations, zero venture funding, no ten figure valuations, nobody pretending to be the next to anything. What they are is profitable. What they're doing is what every main street business in America has always done. Stay small enough to know your customer, agile enough to change with the market, honest enough to keep the regulars walking back in through the door. They are, when you cut through everything else, the only part of the legal cannabis industry that actually works, and the system is about to change again.
Speaker 3: It'll be the one that finishes them.
Speaker 5: Chapter six, the big Pharma takeover. And I don't know how much we want to go into this because this is essentially what we're watching right now.
Speaker 2: Well I did. I did put a timestamp because they did it explain like the I guess Break Break, you know, the fucking one oh one version of it that like explains why it's bad for everybody, and weed.
Speaker 5: Okay, good, here we go, got it.
Speaker 8: The playing the cannabis industry celebrated. Stock surged, Tilray Canopy cure a leaf All rows twenty percent in a day. Trade publications ran headlines about a new dawn. Twitter filled up with founders posting Champagne emojis. Then the realization donned schedule free is the same legal classification as ketamine, as tile it all with coding as anapholic steroids, which means cannabis legally becomes a strictly regulated medical product. An unapproved prescription drug cannot be sold the way Mecha sells it. The model RBA has perfected remains a direct violation of federal law. Bobby's unmarked delivery car is still committing a federal trafficking violation, just under a different set of rules pharmaceuticals require FDA approof manufacturing facilities, clinical trial data, audit trails, compliance costs That can bury a small operator and Noel does not have that kind of money.
Speaker 5: And Noel still rocking with that little tiny mail. No one needs to step it up.
Speaker 8: Neither does Bobby, and neither does ERBA. No independent operator on the West Coast can afford it. They are being priced out the moment the rule lands, but big pharma can. In twenty eighteen, the FDA approved the cannabis derived to medicare for the first time in American history. The drug was called at BI dialects. It was a purified form of CBD manufactured in the United Kingdom and to proved to treat two rare forms of childhood at FLEs.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if that's correct, because I remember SETVX being the very first cannabis approved, and that was in the USA. Had to do with Rob Clark and and Skunkman, but and marinol as well.
Speaker 2: Well. But like so EPI dialects, they actually grow weed. It's an extraction, oh, instead of because I think like marinol, they I think it's like derived from soy or some type of oil that they then convert and like do weird chemistry magic to turn into THC okay instead of actually because they have yeah, like I've seen their their facility, like videos of it and stuff, and it's like a big mix light thing.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 8: The DEA initially placed it in Schedule five. Two years later they pulled it out of the controlled substance schedules entirely. The list price for a year of Epidialects is thirty two thousand, five hundred dollars per page. That same compound in its raw form can be bought at a California dispensary for a tiny fraction of that. The compound is not different, The plant is not different. What changed was the regulatory category. Once a product crosses into the pharmaceutical column of the Ledger, it is priced like a pharmaceutical, sold like a pharmaceutical, and protected like a pharmaceutical. Altria already holds a multi billion dollar steak in Kronos. British American tobacco owns nearly thirty percent of Canadian cannabis producer Organogram. The tobacco companies and pharmaceutical companies have spent the last five years discreetly buying their seats at the table while the press obsessed over corporate cannabis flameouts.
Speaker 3: The lobbying numbers tell the rest of the story.
Speaker 8: The pharmaceutical and health products industry spent over three hundred million dollars on federal lobbying and twenty twenty five alone.
Speaker 3: The fight is not even close.
Speaker 8: When the FDA writes the new rules, they'll be written for companies that already operate inside FDA frameworks, not for Noel fronts on Pico Boulevard. By the time the regulations land in full, the dispensary as we know it won't exist. The government that was supposed to legitimize it taxed it into a slow motion shutdown. The shadow market that was supposed to die has doubled in size, and the handful of independence who figured out how to make this work are about to find out that the next phase of legalization was never designed for them in the first place. In modern America, the green rush ends the same way every other rush ends. The only real question left is how long Noel, j, Bobby, and Nick have left to keep the lights on before they belong to someone else. The clock is already ticking but nobody told them when it started. Under all the markets laws and loopholes, it still comes back to something simpler, what actually goes on when cannabis is consumed. Find out what happens to your body when smoking weed or.
Speaker 5: Now that is a whole nother one. And this gets into chs and stuff like that. But for this episode, we're going to go ahead and keep it to that. And I apologize to everyone. I haven't been able to look at the chat room while this is going on, So if there were any good questions, I want to be able to go back and see them. I got my cha Champa hat on. So it's gonna be hard. I gotta take it up. Shout out to Denali and v.
Speaker 4: All Right, I haven't seen any in particular.
Speaker 5: See anybody see any good questions? And if if, if you have a good question, go ahead and repeat it so that I can seize it. What's up? Pat? You in here to August West? All kinds of peoples? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We uh? Should we do the ad read before going on to questions? And I definitely want to get to talking about what we have planned?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, so actually you know what do you want to do? The ad read. It's in the private chat dog. You don't have to if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: I am barely literate.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll do it. I'll do it. Put on my my, Oh my hair is fucking all right. You may have heard growers talk about running full panels on their plants went in regards to testing. For a long time, that was something only big commercial grows had access to. Expensive lab hold on lab contracted out of reach for most home and small commercial growers. Farmer Freeman just changed that with their new panel options for growers all sizes. The full panel, mom panel and Intake panel are now live for any grower in the US test anywhere from three to nine critical cannabis pathogens with only one sample, one shipment, and one report. Whether it's a routine check on your mom's or you're bringing in new cuts. Panels may make it easy to do due dielogence before you risk your crops. Bundle priced lab grade qPCR testing built for any ies grow Farmer Freeman dot com. Use code Syndicate five for five percent off. Syndicate members double the discount codes in the discord. Once you sign up through buy me a Coffee, you can get an even fatter discount. And yeah, we're really proud to be working with Farmer Freeman. They are a very much like a grassroots organization that is making it possible for nerds like us to be able to afford to do testing like we want to do. Yeah, very happy to be working with them. And I hope you all take advantage of this because it is important. And I hope any of you bringing in the clones period are keeping at least a quarantine situation. And CSI gave me a really really good idea, and it's very smart. He said. What he does is when he gets something in and it goes through his quarantine, he lets them get run down, even if they come and looking good. He lets them get run down. Why because that's when you're gonna see the diseases come out, If any diseases exist in that plant, you're going to see it when it's the most run down, and then treatments from there, and then eventually, hopefully and not always, you can move them into your mother room eventually. Usually sometimes I've seen him, I've watched him take two years to move something into his mother room just to be sure. So yeah, the testing very nice easy way to do it. It's smart to do it more than once, especially if you're worried about HLV. Test from the roots, Give many samples, give many, give a few different samples from based on health, all kinds of stuff like that. So yeah, check out farmer Freeman dot com your good needs. Are there any future collabs with anyone from the can Illuminati? I don't know. Me and Pac need to do something soon. I've got some things I want to do. I'm I I have to work on the banana tie. It's it's it's got to happen. I got to bring it back. I doubt anyone will be interested in it, but it's I'm doing it for me. It was a special plant. Yeah, so I'll be doing that for me. I don't care if anybody doesn't want it, doesn't matter, uh, because yeah, that's that's We're only here to talk about history anyways. But but we also have the stony Iomi collabs. I'm not sure how many are left, but one is the dog Shit across to the blue Bonnet F two and the other is my brain is farting today shore line shoreline blue bonnet. And for those goodie bag people, maybe they could you know find out in the discord what uh yeah, more about that because there will be there's cool clubs in there, Syrian and Lebanese. One of my fucking favorites is uh something CSI sent me called poop, Poop and pee and it's dog shit and HP thirteen. For those of you who don't know about HP thirteen, it was one of the most hunted clones in the history of clones. Like everybody wanted it, nobody wanted to give it up. The Hawaiians and the New Yorkers were trying to keep that shit on lock. Yeah, and here it is across to Electric Bluloo dog shit. So there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, did a bunch of people buy the shore I have no clue.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know a thing about sales, but uh, I'm sure. I'm sure people got their hands on something somewhere, you know what I mean? Yeah, I would think so Shoreline's popular. And did you see what I saw?
Speaker 2: Oh archive thing.
Speaker 5: Archive, Yeah, that was really weird. He was talking about how shoreline is ship and not anything not worth a ship, and then I saw he made a cross with it and then proceeded to call it the skunkiest or not not roadkill skunk, but the skunkiest, stinkiest stuff he's ever grown and smelled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot. That was the weird Well he didn't that was that the I think it's short By. I don't know what. I don't know if it's the fifty six or not, but it's shore By headband. Yeah, from skunk Tech.
Speaker 5: I guess, oh, God knows.
Speaker 2: I guess selling a cut of whatever. I don't know who made the selection or whatever. But it was very weird to see him fighting so hard about how like pretty much saying there's just not it's not worth anything, all that stuff. And then I mean I asked him like, aren't you selling the cut of a yeah, and like yeah, just fucking seeing that it's just weird. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's my experience as much. That's that's that's how I know him to be. So I don't even but yeah, he's just kind of I can't.
Speaker 2: Sell you that do that.
Speaker 5: But if it's skunk Tech, God knows what fucking headband it is, God knows, God knows. I watched him take in a lot and think it's real. I like the guy, like the guy. Wish wish I would have gotten the mini split back. But hey, that's if that's how you do, do what you do, you do what you do. It's short line of terpineline dominant line mistress screw.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to figure out tealing, like cause I don't typically smell it the way. I don't know. It always is like a fucking we were actually talking about this right before the show. Like tealing to me is very often just like a midzy citrus smell. To me, I do like when it's like a weird there is like another you know, side of the coin where it's like a weird I don't know, there's like a weird thing going on under that it's just like fucking strong and pungent and stuff. But no, I mean I don't think that. Sure, there is definitely like a bit of like a a little bit of like citrus brightness in there that I mean, I've seen one of my friends I don't get it out of his run of it at all, you know, like that brightness coming out of the funk. But I don't even know what.
Speaker 5: To I've had piss out of it, pissiness like smelling some of the outdoor but it wasn't the same as the pissiness that people refer to interpenoling. It wasn't. It was not it was it actually smelled like urine, human urine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the in the skyline, they're like my favorite one. I called it the piss and Guava because like it was like like not just like human piss, but like it smelled like dark human piss, you know, to where you'd be like, hey, bro, you need to drink some water, you know, like yeah, go to the hospital too like that. Yes, yes, it's.
Speaker 5: Hey, August, thank you and Cody, thank you for your donations. Honest, do you have a question, Like for donating like that, you should be able to get your fucking any question you want answered or any insult anything, So feel free. Same same with you, mister Cody.
Speaker 2: Which on that, I do have a question, do you because I can't compare that like shore Funk two other stuff really other than it's hybrids. Yeah, but as someone who's grown a much wider, like weirder, you know, like lines and stuff, do you see it like any type of crossover and other stuff that not at all?
Speaker 5: I can't Like I could say there's probably skunk one in it, but that's about it.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 5: Other than that, all the all the like that fermented nasty, not quite fruit but not quite not fruit, uh, because calling it fruity would make people think it's super sweet, and it's not super sweet. No, there's nothing. There's there's not another strain I can think of where I'm like, okay, I can really pick that out. In short line, that's what I'm sure of. I would assume skunk ones in it, but it may not even have skunk one in it. You know, usually when I when skunk ones in something, you're gonna smell some sort of mango in the outcross or something like that, because that's a pretty dominant smell for skunk one at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't seem like in the because I've run quite a few hybrids now and I haven't seen that type of which, don't get me wrong. Also, I haven't fucking well, I probably did run skunk one buying like, you know, just random fucking you know packs that I thought were fire or whatever. Yeah, but yeah, I haven't seen anything. You know. It's it's weird because it's it passes through pretty you know, dominantly in in crosses and like it had to fucking come from somewhere. You know, there was only so much. It's not like, you know, some Yogi came out of the fucking mountains to bestow this single seat, you know, like, yeah, from something. But I just haven't seen anything that's you know, that has crossover.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I can say is that Madjagg was talking about Mexicans and those deeply serrations, referring to all all the Mexicans he was seeing back in the day if I remember correctly. I don't want to misquote him, and he'll let me know if I misquote him. But he had noted that that deep serration was a Mexican trade, so maybe it could be something like a Mexican brick seat. Like for all we fucking know, those those serrations are very very identifiable in shoreline. I would say.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, it's pretty fucking characteristic when you like, when you look at it, at least definitely when it doesn't when someone's like, oh, yeah, I got sure, and then you see it like now the regular leaves. Don't try and fool me.
Speaker 5: You know. Yeah, that happened on Facebook. This It was a really nice guy and he was part of the Overgrower reunion spot on Facebook where it's a bunch of the guys from overgrow and I'm in there and the guy was like, yeah, I just crushed shore line to the I forgot what he called it, but it was the it was from Stacy.
Speaker 10: It's Stacy's he uh, basically the pea bud, but I forgot what name it was given it's a pea bud.
Speaker 5: And the guy was all, yeah, I just pollinated this with the pa bud and it was like it looked like almost like a deep chunk after any type plant. I'm like, they dark, that is not shoreline, and some people, of course start jumping my ass like ooh, your asshole always coming in, they say. I showed him a picture of Hayan Lonesome's grow out doors. And then someone else that was familiar with it from back in the day, of course, was like, oh yeah, that shoreline right there with that guy showing up at the top is not shoreline. So at least I had some some of the old guys coming in like that, that's right. Riot. Iowei ritual series featuring Alistair Crowley as our as are what would you call him are Jesus of Nazareth. Thank you, Tony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty fucking excited about I'm not gonna lie. I've been I've been crying at the to the rooftops and the blue shore.
Speaker 5: I think there's so much potential in it wise.
Speaker 2: Oh that plus, dude, the I'm gonna be excited, just like growing the garbage cloud, like growing an easy like very easy to nail shore that has you know, a better fucking flower structure for like the actual smoking experience. You know that because you know even better growers grows of shore. It's still like you could tell that if it it's almost like the like the bracts are like got thicker over time or something, or like are thicker, like the actual tissue of the brac is thicker, so like it smokes better or whatever. Yeah, and it shore just does it. It's like hollow, just fucking nothing but air.
Speaker 5: All right. I'm giving the Oliver Show for the week. So everybody's been watching as a been raising the kiddy cat. This is the kitten. His eyes are doing beautiful agy because he's got some color to him. Oh he is asleep next to me just now, but he's coming along fine. But he is why we've been slow on shipping. I apologize. I'm trying to get all that done this weekend. And Penser's back home for the moment, so it's just me and the little guy taking on the world. And are you kissing me again? He's nicking and then you sneeze in my face. But he's been pretty cool and he's turning out orange and quite beautiful. What about shoreline genetics on Great Lakes? The shoreline BX, No, Great Lakes, Ignore them. They've been scammers for a long time. The people they're carrying. I shouldn't say I've been scamming for a long time. Stop playing with any of that. Go get go, get it from the source, you know. That's all I can say.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want a good shoreline experience, I mean the garbage cloud. I have not grown this one yet, but I have very high expectations, not just like hopes and dreams, but because of my experience with other fucking bonnet hybrids. Yeah, they're they're like having training wheels. The Skyline's a good one too. It's a lot better, just a lot easier to get, like premium, you know, bud out of it. Yeah, and uh yeah, I mean it passes very uh very readily onto the next generation, like that profile is pretty easy to come through.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And and people don't realize to your shortline wasn't a clone that was readily passed again like HP thirteen. Back in the day, people were not passing shoreline and now they still aren't passing shoreline because of shit like that. People are tired of fucking all the tomfoolery, you know, and the guys that are pretending to make these vx's and all this shit. They aren't even in the groups to possibly be given the cut or to be let in to sniff the cut. And it's so hard to explain that too, like to someone not in clone circles or in in groups where guys make friends for life that are growers and share things. Right, we know each other, we do our best to vet each other out. And people have made it in and then totally screwed us. You know. It's not so knew a story, but it can happen. But for the most part, those kind of clones don't just end up in some jerkwater's hands to do a BX and then be like yet done, why'd you do the BX. What was the point where you trying to lock in which trait? Yes, you know I was trying.
Speaker 2: To get shore pretty much my whole growing career. Yeah, actually here in Houston and am a bit embedded in like the scene, the underground scene or was back then. So and it's people just weren't fucking giving it up. Like I knew dudes who had grown it, and they're like no, yeah, now why the fuck would I do that? And then it turned to you don't want it, you know, and you know like and now, I mean, fuck, there's a I've seen people grow weird stuff and call it, you know, all of these like legend dairy things, these like you know, known elite clones like with a name or whatever that were restricted and stuff, and they it's so obviously not it, you know, like I'll have a super modern thing be like, yeah, this is Kim Dog the original, Like no, it's fucking not bro. It's purple and has like huge bubbly bracts and fucking right like just so like no, that's not that's not it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some people just don't ever want to be told it's not it. Or again it goes back to like when I was buying seeds and I first found out like I had spent a good you know, several several several several several grand on seeds from Amsterdam, and then finding out how they were made, where they were made, and what they were and when they absolutely weren't, And at that moment you have to make that decision like, Okay, do I pass the and just say well, I got this from Amsterdam and that's good enough and it's what was written on the pack, so it must be that. Or do you push that aside and then make your mission to find stuff that's legit and work with that. I don't think most people will choose version two, because that's just in my experience watching seed companies come and go over the last twenty years, because yeah, I've been around that long, and more often than not, you're not going to find people say oh, let me, let me correct that. That actually wasn't what I thought it was.
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh yeah, So I so he's talking specifically about that dude, which is the Shoreline Genetics guy.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought he was talking about see here. I thought he was talking about those Florida assholes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, there's a company called Shoreline Genetics.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, well he's actually I dude, I bought I talked to him in like twenty sixteen. I think, yeah about it, Like I guess he used to live. He actually used to live like down the street from where I live right now. Okay, I ran his I don't know what BX your friend's specifically talking about, but I ran the shore BX three and it was not very sure it was. I still got something out of it that I liked, but I I mean, I was specifically looking for shore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and at BF three. If you you know, if that crosses work as people think they do, you know, you'd think it would come out pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well and it was. I don't know. It was weird because it's supposed to be what it's supposed to be doesn't really make sense. I haven't found regular seeds of that, yeah yet, the seeds I received, like of the outcross, I haven't been able to see any like now were they made. I don't know. I don't know why you would go through the trouble of the reversal. And then also you know, like do a male.
Speaker 5: R one are one is not a thing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that should be your first bet the guy doesn't understand breeding, then I probably wouldn't. Yeah, I probably wouldn't give him the time of day because people who make seeds should at least know the baselines of breeding. They could actually go through any of our podcast audio podcasts, and I'm working on getting a lot of the videos back up. I did back up a lot of the videos better than I thought I did it. It'll take a long time to get them up on here. But you can always go to spreaker dot com. That helps us the most. If you go to spreaker dot com and you know, type in b X one or ib L and you'll see there's actually a whole episode on what does what do these mean? What defines this? And uh yeah, that's it's out there. You guys can go learn all that stuff. It's up that it's not all up on YouTube. Fuck YouTube anyways for or being bitches. So it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were rags. That's what I mean. Is the seed line that it was the deadhead o G. I haven't been able to find like evidence of regular seeds of that line. That's what I mean. Blackie is like kind of weird that the seeds that the BX was made was ragged when I can't find anything about the out Cross.
Speaker 5: Dead Head o G is the Outcross? Yeah, why the funk would you use dead head O G M ninety one s FV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it, you know, like a slurve.
Speaker 5: And he doesn't even know how to fucking reverse, so I'm not even sure how who how?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, that's that's what I'm like. There's also I know, fuck, I know someone. I think it might have been Chuck who ran the death Star b X from him and was like, yeah, that's not death Star, so you know, yeah, and our one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, R one is not a term.
Speaker 2: It's not a term. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's That's something I've been arguing with breeders about for a long time because the original term for R one meant that it was recombinant genetics. And yeah, no one's doing recombinant work in weed right now, like our our our level sun Simulator also did a dead Head o G if I remember, right, Maybe that's definitely possible. Sun Him did some. He also did a Strawberry Diesel that was pretty decent. Sunshim had some cool ship. I think you're right that he might have done in dead Head O G. I don't know if it was the same genetics, but I do remember that being attached.
Speaker 2: To his name were they rags.
Speaker 5: Don't recall Sunsham usually did Rags, so I would I would assume, So.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's what he has said. I don't know. Most people weren't.
Speaker 5: Like De suns him was wasn't on any seed banks or anything like that. Sun Siam was more of like a seed boutique, freeb type guy, or sometimes breed Bay or something like that. But it was very very yeah.
Speaker 2: Whatever, whatever, whatever what. It came out like a nice, you know, weird og thing, but there was no shore to be found in those two packs and with other If you want like a shore experience, which I'm assuming you do because you're talking about it last week too in the chat after the show. Yeah, you uh, definitely pick up. I promise you you will get what you want. I don't have the cut right now, and I'm not even worried about getting it back at all because of the hybrids that I have of it. I am what I like in it, what I like the thing that makes me love shore but grows better for me. So you know, and I think atty different high in the garbage cloud, like the garbage clouds fucking rip your dick off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a beautiful fucking combination of chirps. Yeah. Someone said, for a second, I thought I saw speakeasy and I got triggered. What's funny is they just lost their twitch channel that they stole from me.
Speaker 2: So wa wah wah, bitch.
Speaker 5: That felt good. Yeah, I've had lots of problems with people, yeah, stealing that and making money off it. One down, more to go.
Speaker 2: Fucking apparently seeds now too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that BDSD doing that pretending to sell my shirts and my seeds. But from what I hear, they are are quitting finally, which is good because she anyways, her ex husband was cool as fuck.
Speaker 2: Though. It's just a bunch of people who jump in, like see the opportunity. They're like fucking traveling salesmen. Matter what the fuck they're selling, they're always going to be a fucking slimy piece of shit, you know, and they're just going to see that opportunity, jump in, get the money while they can ride that shit out and get the fuck out onto the next grift, you know, like it same fucking hustlers.
Speaker 5: The attitude soured me really bad too seed banks for a very long time, and then Speakeasy hit me up at the perfect time where I was so overloaded I couldn't like I couldn't. I was having trouble running the podcast that we had just started coming up with ideas getting hold of everyone, because I was only one doing that, like contacting people to come on the show, setting up the schedules, recording everything, editing everything, doing all that shit. And they offered to do the shipping for me, and I was like, fine, but you have to have a seed stock in hand, and I go, oh, yeah, we'll do that, yeah, yeah, yeah, and we'll also build you a new website so blah blah blah blah blah. You'll get a hundred percent of that and we'll only keep you know, X amount from the one uh through speakeasy. So what they did was they I gave them access stupidly to my actual websites domain name, and all they did was take down my shop and kept money coming through that the stuff that saltered their stuff. So yeah, that that was the second time at a seed bank. But attitude was one of the worst pieces of ship companies I've ever worked with.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so I got a shirt from Cell shipping from them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I still have an Attitude shirt, but old one. It's like a gray one with a lighter on it and says attitude or something. But yeah, it's a shame. It's a shame. Uh, And that they and some others are the first people people run into. And uh, yeah, do your best to support those who make the seeds and not the places that carry them. That's the best I can say. And if you want the best info, if you want to know the most about the strains that you're going to be growing, no one should know more than the actual breeder. Yet make friends with the breeder, you know, Like not all of us are assholes like me, like I should. I'll respond to anyone, like as long as they're cool, I'll respond to them. I'll answer all your questions. And some of you in here know me that way, you know, like we've only talked that way, and I'm totally fine with that. Most breeders should and they should be able to answer any questions no matter how hard, even if it's uh, you know about horrible shit, horrible rumors, ask away you know, people shouldn't be scared of that shit. Oh Scott in Denver, that would be Scott reach Around. He also owns Attitude USA, but I think that's going to be gone now. Yeah, yeah, I'll reach you around anyway. I think we're like an hour and a half. Is there anything else you guys want us to cover? We need to cover.
Speaker 2: We do need to cover the interview that we're just setting up with. Oh yes, yes, So if if y'all have like any questions to ask, make sure to drop it in the Q and a section in the discord, yes, because I want to make sure that like we there's that we don't miss out on it, because this is going to be a good chance to actually if you have watched his other interviews, most people don't really there's a lot of questions left to be at, like, yeah, to be asked, and it's it's not, you know, necessarily the host fault. They just don't know to ask, you know.
Speaker 5: And it also is not going to be a live show. We're going to do this as an edited show, so we need the questions beforehand and we're going to be doing I believe the recording Monday or Tuesday, early this, you know, next coming week. So please try to get your questions in through the discord or some way and you can ask them tons of questions. The dudes, the dudes like us, like us for strains. He is that way with testing, and yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I was actually worried that like he wouldn't be you know, that he would just be so you know, but when we talked to him that one day on video chat, like he actually knows what he's talking about. He's actually fucking interesting, you know, like it's not just a business model that he's running. Like he he is bucking down to talk about what's going and like the cool shit about you know, like the scary shit all of it, you know, like doing his own like experiments and stuff, which we're definitely gonna fucking cover on the thing.
Speaker 5: I wonder how this works Rumble Premium, let me see continue? What does this do? Rumble Premium Go to Rumble dot com for Slash Premium work Slash studio to get ten dollars off an annual subscription, and that apparent. You've probably noticed Rumble is growing fast and it's not slowing down. They're building a real alternative to big tech that puts creators first and actually protects free speech. We'll see about that. And now there's Rumble Premium, an easy way to upgrade your experience. With Premium, you get AD free viewing, AD free viewing across the platform, no pre rolls, funny interruptions, just the content you came for. Plus Premium members unlock ex exclusive content like bonus videos, behind the scenes, drops like my Dip, and more from your favorite creators. Right now, Rumble is offering ten dollars off an annual subscription. Just go to rumble dot com Premium and use the promo code studio at checkout. That's Rumble dot comport Slash Premium promo code Studio. No ads, more freedom and content you actually care about. That's the deal. And I understand, of course, if that's not your jam. But if if you're sick of ads, I freaking hate ads. I hate that people are even seeing ads on any of our our stuff. That bums me out, like with Twitch, and there's no way we can control it. It just is what it is. And most people had YouTube Premium. I myself got rid of YouTube Premium once YouTube decided to give us the finger over.
Speaker 2: Nothing like.
Speaker 5: Over a Viroid video on Himp like calling that what they did? You know, what are you going to do? What are you going to do? So, Yeah, I'm stoked about that show. I want to have stony Oi. I own you back on for some more round tip. Uh we need former damn pack, we need more chuck. Yeah, We've got a lot more coming up and I'm gonna force them all into it all at once, like a big orgy. And yeah, shout out to Pinzer for all of her help, because honestly, like I wouldn't even be halfway through the shipping stuff right now if she hadn't been helping me take care of mister Oliver. Isn't he like the Oliver and Company? Cattle? Orange and cute? And yes, my hands are that fucked up from him? That's that's that's true, love.
Speaker 2: They're like hypodermic needles right now, you like, hardened a little bit to where they're not fucking like syringes stab in you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, he's he got his nails cut the other day and he wasn't so happy. But we're gonna try to work on it with him.
Speaker 2: Do you have like poles and stuff? What's that? Dude? Like the poles would like rope wrapped around it.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, you got to get.
Speaker 2: Some type of fucking post thing because he's gonna do it. I want you want to control where he does it on a spot that's like made for it and not your fucking pouch and yeah your hand and shit like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh, little baby's just so cute. He's a pretty sweet little guy. But he takes a lot of hours. But like I said, his eyes are clean, His eyes are clean, and he's taking some big fat ships too. It's beautiful, beautiful, big fat shits, just like his daddy. So yes, anyways, we want to thank you all for showing up and hanging out and to all of you who have given me some wonderful advice on taking care of Oliver sort of. You have reached out and offered to help, like even with the I meta sending stuff or people are reaching out to help with that, and uh yeah, I really appreciate you all and all everyone for your time and screw I love you. You show up every week, rain or shine, and yeah, this wouldn't keep going on without you and shut. So I just wanted to give you guys some love.
Speaker 2: To Oh, thank I'm just I'm just keeping the seat warm until Thousandfold comes back from.
Speaker 5: Yeah rest, Yeah, well then there'll be then there'll be more of us. I think that's just how it's gonna roll. If he ever comes back, it would just be four of us.
Speaker 2: Anyway, much better organized.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do my best to have this, yeah, much better organized. I'm gonna do my best to have this up on audio for all audio platforms by tonight if it lets me. If not, it'll be early tomorrow. I don't think that there's any fights to disappe point this weekend watching Pereira get knocked out, sucked Sean O'Malley one. Hopefully my cards go up. Thank you Blackie for the donation. Brother. I could I could sell all my Shaan O'Malley Rookie auto cards if anybody is looking for some, and I think someone else won that, I have a bunch of cards of the ship so roofie hoofy. So yeah, anyways, fuck the UFC and uh yeah, we will see you next time on readers Syndicate. I'm trying to make like hold off the time till I can find the part where I can run the outro so that's all. I'm just doing all right. Here we go later. Y'all want to sit at the table with the syndicate. Check out our Patreon and our link tree or description below. Our merch side is officially live. We have all sorts of shirts, hoodies and goodies to sort you out, and shipping is super fast and most importantly, quality is top notch. I've been saving old designs for years for this purpose, so please check.
Speaker 2: It out syndicate here dot com.
Speaker 5: We also have an underground Syndicate Discord where we get together and solve old strain history together daily. It's an amazing community of learning away from IG and it's an amazing resource for old catalogs and knowledge. We hope you join our union of breeders and growers. Come check it out.