Speaker 1: Today I want to draw your attention to some resources that are often overlooked for businesses in La City and La County. It is not easy to have a business here as you as you hear with just the whole struggle with the destination aka procrastination Grinshaw. It is not easy with the economy the way it is to have a business anywhere. But there are some resources that are meant to make it a little easier, and sometimes we overlook them. The County of Los Angeles has something called the Department of Economic Opportunity. Sounds vague and broad, but in fact it has some specific and very targeted kinds of help for you, the small business owner. They will help you get your small business certification and register you with the county, which can help you do business with the County of Los Angeles, a vast organization is bigger than many nations. And when you think, well, my business is too small, I can't contract with the county. That may not be because a lot of times you can work under a larger business as a subcontractor, or it might be a small contract. This is true for food service, for anything from you know, being a publicist or a communications specialist to laying down cement so they can help you get certified. They can help you find those contracts, and they have special webinars. They have workshops and trainings to help you get your business on track and get your paperwork ducks in a row. They also have VIP access to networking events and some discounts for small businesses. You can go to Opportunity dot LA County dot gov. That's Opportunity dot Lacounty dot gov. The giant, massive apparatus that is Los Angeles County has an Office of Small Business. I would wager that most small businesses have no idea that that even exists. You can get your first one on one business counseling session free in person or even on the phone. They have an Entrepreneur Center in East LA. Or they have a virtual small Business concierge. If you're not great online, you can call the Office of Small Business at eight four four four three two forty nine hundred eight four four four three two forty nine hundred. That's the county. These are services and resources that we and I'm talking about small business as I'm talking about BIPOP, but I'm also talking specifically about black owned businesses. Many times we just don't take advantage of them. We don't even know they are there. Now, that's the county. The City of La also has its own business office, and there's something called the Business Navigator. Go to business dot Lacity dot gov and they will help you apply for your business tax registration, certificate, your business license. They can also put you in touch with city contracts. Keep in mind that you probably live in both or work or have your business in the city and the County of La permits. They also can help if you need guidance around different things like different city business resources, disability compliance, what department you have to go to to do what all of this is. At business dot Lacity dot gov. Business dot Lacity dot gov. They can even tell you how to open a business if you've yet to do that. They have a concierge service. If you have questions about what your next steps are, you can register your business. They also have a Restaurant and Small Business Express program that will help you if you are a restaurant that is not a big chain, to streamline your process, your permits, your inspections, and all of these things. So I want to draw your attention to these places because sometimes as small business owners, and I am one of those, we get overwhelmed. It just seems like too much to keep up with all the paperwork and certifications and everything that we need. And there is some help whether you're managing an existing business or starting a business. You can go to business dot Lacity dot gov. And lastly, I want to invite you if you're interested, I am going to be MCing an event for tech Lamert their Creative Creative Pathways Social. Now. This is a program that is teamed up small businesses with tech experts and creators, the young people who are interning with these businesses to help them get their technology piece together because many times with the small businesses, we might not even have that aspect of our business together at all. That is taking place Friday the twenty first, this coming Friday. It will be from noon to two downtown LA And if you want to go, you can find the link. You can find the invitation at event right. It's TEC Creative Pathways Social TEC tech Lamert is always TEC and it would be just a great opportunity to network for your small business. I will be there, I will see you there. This is a vision Lab the Mayor of Los Angeles, Karen Bass, Tech Lamurd and the Brotherhood Crusade, And you can go to Creative Pathways La dot event, Bright dot com. Creative Pathways la dot event, Bright dot com. Come do a little bit of networking, an opportunity for your business to possibly get connected with yet another path to more business success and more thriving. So that's my take on wealth building Wednesday. For today. Hope you'll tap into some of these resources and opportunities because we want you to thrive. Phone lines are open now eight hundred nine to fifteen eighty, eight hundred nine to oh fifteen eighty. Let's talk national, international politics and whatever's going on right around where you be at. I'm Dominique. The premium for KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. Conversation continues. You are invited in eight hundred nine to oh fifteen eighty eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. So if you have something to say about the conversation that Paul Lee and Attorney Japerson Lynn put in motion about the black and brown question, you can call. If you got something else on your mind, you can call. I feel like this is something that I've talked about ad nauseam because it's not a static thing. It changes over time, as Jya points out right, So I come from the San Francisco Bay area, where the collaboration and I'll say allyship is much stronger than here in the Bay in LA. When I first came to LA, I took a lot of heat from people because I just assumed that black and Latino people were allies. That's how it is in the Bay. It's not even a question here. It was much more of a question. And I didn't realize that had a lot to do with a gang situation, what happens inside the prison system. And so while I do agree with Jaia that we cannot ignore where we are now, we cannot ignore where we are now with you know, the fluctuation and maybe worsening, I mean maybe, to be fair, maybe it is worsening. I think it's worsening because of the immigration debate and way the way the Republican Party has positioned black people, and then people like tariqu Nashid who have created a broader division between any you know, anyone American so called American, and anyone US American and anyone else, whether it be between African Americans and Africans, Black Americans and Africans or Caribbeans or people from Latin Americas. So they're is that and Paul I don't know if he couldn't stay or the call drop, but if you want to finish your point, you're welcome to do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: The thing is that these these I think it kind of goes in cycles from what I've observed, because when I first came here, there was a lot of tension. We had what was going on, you know, the the problems in Hawaiian gardens and parts of la where Latino gangs were making it clear that black folks weren't welcome in those areas. And then we have had and we had some strong mandates coming out of the prison system. But yet throughout this time there's been lots of friendships and alliances. I point out when I talked about Via Ragosa and when I talked about Tom Bradley, that's just one small part of the story. The California State Assembly, we would hand off from black to Latino, to Black to Latino, Speaker of the House, Leader of the state Apparatus for Generations, right. That started with Willie Brown handing off to Antonio Villa Ragosa. You know who handed off I believe to herb Wesson who you know, and and and and it went like that. So I think that is uh, that is a parallel tract. Look at an organization like the Community Coalition where they have won major, major victories for black and Latino students who go to the same schools. Public schools I'm talking about like the you know, the A through G, the the advanced placement requirements that were not available in South LA schools. The only reasons those became available is because black and Latino parents and students banded together and challenged the school board, challenged the state, and we had reallocations of funds and now those are available. So it's a parallel tract. On the one hand, you've had this division in fighting and on the other hand you've had a lot of cooperation and allyship that has led to some real victories. If black people don't vote for Antonio Viegosa, he never becomes mayor, period full stop. If Latinos don't vote for Karen Bass, there's no there is no mayor Bass. That is those are just facts. So I think the division is real. To Jaya's point, and I do think we have to be aware of it. But also the unity is real, and I think we have to guard it and build it and foster it because that's the thing. And to pretend that isn't there doesn't benefit us either. I know, yeah, I know, we did redistricting. But what I'm talking and Paula is in the YouTube chat, but what I'm talking about is what Nuri Martinez, Gil Sadillo, Kevin de Leone. Those are the council members that were conspiring. And then you had the head of the La County Federation of labor ron Aerera. What they were talking about was moving the boundaries so that assets like USC would be moved out of those districts, and that plan that they were discussing did not happen. Spook says there is no black Brown coalition and that's just demonstrably not true. Look at the voting numbers. Look who voted for Barack Obama. Look who voted for Tom Bradley. Look who voted for Karen Bass. Look who voted for every black or Latino mayor in the City of Los Angeles. That coalition is there, It's functioning. You might not like it, and I'm not saying it's the answer to everything or the end all be all. But it is there and it is real, and it benefits both communities tremendously. Is their competition, yes, is their animosity, of course, especially when you talk about new waves of folks coming into this country that have been propagandized by the Hollywood anti black machine, and they come into this country, whether they're White, Latino, even other black people from other black countries, they come into this country with stereotypes about black people, with disparaging information about American black people in their brains, even British black people. We've talked about that on this show, right the David o'loyewo controversy where he kind of was saying that, you know, if you mix a British accent with slave and you know slow, you get the Black American accent. We know, But where do those attitudes come from. They come from the Hollywood anti black image machine. And I do think, yes, black people should look out for our own communities. But to say there's no coalition is demonstrably false. It's just not true. Maybe it fits your narrative of what Tarik Nashid says, or maybe it fits you know, a bad experience that you've had, and there are plenty to be had. We do have examples of Latinos keeping black people off job sites, and we do have examples of black folks, you know, jacking up immigrant you know, vendors. We have those examples. But to say that there's no coalition is just wrong. And Fahima is correct. Latinos were protesting in twenty twenty and continue to protest that Black Lives matter. Black Lives Matter is still a black led and run organization. But boom, you want to see, you see coalition. You can see it right there. So you know, I'm I feel like this idea that we have to say, oh no, you know that there is no coalition or as is saying in the chat, that we are on code and only looking out for ourselves. You know. Okay, if that's your perspective, live your reality. That's not my That's not what I observe as a resident of South Los Angeles for the past sheesh thirty years, That's not my experience. I have seen the haterism, I have seen anti blackness, I have seen anti immigrant sentiment, and of course anti blackness is the king of white supremacists, talking points, attitudes, actions. So I'm clear on that. I mean, you look at the hate crime data. It's always black people that are under attack. I'm clear on that more than anyone else, no matter what the headline says. You know, if this cycle we're talking about anti Asian hate, it doesn't mean there is no such thing as anti Asian hate. But we understand that Black people remain the primary targets. If this news cycle it's anti semitism because of you know, the media spin around Gaza, we understand that anti Semitism is real, but we also know that black people remain the primary targets of hate in this country. That is not in dispute. I'm not delusional, but to say there's no coalition is delusional because the facts, the data of the reality on the ground do not support that viewpoint. Let's go to a mean calling us from LA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning, good morning. W e yes, sir, yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, good good. I'm not gonna act like I have the answer, but I want you to explain its faith to me. You know, I have a real estate a broker, but if our people don't have jobs, how can they buy. How and how can I you know, how can I make living?
Speaker 4: You know? And this is my question to.
Speaker 3: You passed by all these constructions, like these people are building these apartments all over, commercial buildings all over.
Speaker 5: And sometimes I just hope and pray when I drive up, I can see and.
Speaker 3: That's been American working. Yeah, we have a hard had on it, a big Please.
Speaker 5: Can you explain to me what is happening in this housing situation where almost look like for me, ninety nine percent of the people working all these buildings these other.
Speaker 3: Are Latino and I want your answers explain it to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean this has been this is one of the areas that I'm talking about where you have a lot of nepotism. You know, you've got folks who are on jobs. They help their families, their relatives, their neighbors get those jobs. That's part of what's happening. We have been Historically Black people have been shut out of the building trades. There are apprentice ship programs, there is the LA Black Worker Center, there are initiatives to try to counteract that. In fact, speaking of Mark Ridley Thomas, who I also still stand by Paul and current price you know. That's part of what they were doing was these agreements with the builders to force them to hire local. They call them local hire initiatives or project labor agreements. But they can't say you have to hire black people. Thank you, Ward Connolly. You cannot have affirmative action in the state of California. But what you can do is you can say you have to hire people that live within this region. Those are some of the remedies, but this is one of the areas that has been a huge problem. I don't know, you know what there is to explain other than have you been to the LA Black Workers Center to try to join with them to make sure that we are getting those jobs. Have you gone to an apprenticeship program that some of these building trades have, like ib W Local eleven has one that are are are you know organizations black led organizations like Second Call have pathways into Have you referred young people into them? I feel like we black people have to do better with the word of mouth, with getting our people in uh and with you know, advocating for our people and making sure our politicians do the same.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, as just a little spin off, then well, if if you're explaining something to me right now as a solution. All right, shouldn't that be our our goal? Our job to uh spread the word on how to solve these problems.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you what your job is, but if I think if we wait for someone else to solve black people problems, we're going to be waiting for all eternity. We've got news, traffic and sports then more on KP Talk fifteen eighty. Yes, indeed, eight hundred and nine two fifteen eighty is the number to call if you want to join the conversation. I'm always happy to see you and hear from you. Also, you know you can jump in on the YouTube chat, which a lot of people are doing right now. Fahima says black people are losing opportunities. This administration is dismantling. That is more of a threat to jobs than someone else has. I'm not quite sure why she puts it that way, but I know what she's talking about. She's talking about hundreds of thousands of black people, black women especially, who have lost their jobs, our jobs because of this administration specifically. And I do think it's interesting that Tarik now she doesn't have any smoke for them, but he's got plenty of smoke for immigrants. I also would say, Paul, to your point about redistricting, redistricting happens every time there is a census. So we will have another redistrict in twenty thirty and we will redraw the lines of the city council. I thought they were gonna get redrawn because of the Charter Commission was meant to create more council districts, but that appears to be going nowhere. We also got someone in this chat who's doing exactly what they do online talking about the La Jazz festivals saying the problem was it was R and B and that there was not one jazz person on the lineup, which is totally bs and not at all true. And I don't know where you're getting your information. It is true. We had Charlie Wilson, we had Parliament Funkadelic, we had others on the lineup that were not strictly jazz, like almost every jazz festival in the world does, by the way, but there was lots of jazz, and I clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Kenyon Dixon is not jazz. Chief a Jua's not jazz p. Descoveto is not jazz. Michelle Coltrane is not jazz, Like, what are you even talking about? I hate it when people do that. K Keon Harold is not jazz. Jason Marsalis is not jazz. What are you talking about? There was lots of jazz on here. And so that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. People go on the internet and they either repeat what they heard or they just make some stuff up and then they run with the talking point with no actual information. Yes, John Legend was there, Rafael sa Dik, Janelle Money, Charlie Wilson, Parliament, Funkadelic, And that is what a lot of jazz festivals do. They get jazz influenced R and B headliners and they have lots of other jazz artists, and that is exactly what was happening here. Tis Martin is not jazz. What what? What? What world are you living in? I think that that's the kind of stuff that is very unhelpful. And you know, and and I don't know if we're going to start segregating jazz festivals no R and B, Well, no, where are we driving the line? No soft jazz, only hard, straight ahead jazz. No avant garde jazz, you know, like, Okay, No, that wasn't the problem. Clearly. If you missed it, you can find yesterday's show on YouTube, or you can find it wherever you get your podcasts, as with all of our shows. Let's go to Fred calling us from LA Good morning, Fred.
Speaker 4: Hello Dominique. Yeah, three things you got the ninth District wrong. It may be mostly quote unquote Latino, but most of them can't vote because of the illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: Number two, Fred, before you go on to your next talking point, where are you getting your data from?
Speaker 4: I live in Los Angeles all in my life.
Speaker 1: So every Latino that you see in the ninth you say are you a citizen? And you make them show you their papers. I want to know the source. No, No, you don't get to just say stuff like what where's the Where are you getting this information?
Speaker 4: I'm my own source. A lot of the people in the ninth District are illegal immigrants and they're not legally not allowed to vote. Now all of them are you.
Speaker 1: Know what, Fred? That is just factually untrue. Okay, what's your next point?
Speaker 4: Okay? I thought it was awful. Allowsy to tell this? Smiley didn't give you credit for getting the traffic straighten out on Crenshaw and the parking straight Now it was the traffic engineer that did it, and you should have got the credit.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean to be fair, the owner of this radio station has led the charge on the you know, the destination crunchaw or as he calls it, procrastination Crenshaw.
Speaker 4: I got all right, the last one. Solve homelessness. You can't solve homelessness unless you're willing to address the problem. So many of the people in their twenties and thirties, they don't want to work, they don't want to pay. You got free loaders. You yourself said you need a thirty five hour thirty five dollars an hour job to get an apartment.
Speaker 1: They don't, right, or two jobs. But look, let me ask you again, where what's your source? Like? Where are you getting these ideas that most of the homeless people are young and lazy, because, according to a really great recent article in the La Times, in fact, the opposite is true. The largest portion of people that we see on house right now are people older Americans who can no longer work enough to pay their rent.
Speaker 4: Now, that may be true, coming from the top side, but from the bottom side, it was the young people.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I went, I went down the Crenshall the other day. I have to go that way. I lived. All of my people live in the neighborhood. I grew up in the neighborhood. And to take a look at see and I stopped at one of the restaurants. All the homeless people that came in there, and I'm going to call it harassed, And I thought it was intriguing. They were all young. And that's what I see in the neighborhood, and that's what I see all over the place wherever I go.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so the young people really like you, is what I'm concluding. I'm not getting young crazy people really like you for whatever reason. Fred, I'm not concluding that that means all the unhoused people are young and you know, like to harass you. It just means those are the ones you're running into. The data show that more of the unhoused a huge proportion of the unhoused, and actually my eyeballs support that data. But maybe I'm just not hanging I should hang out with you, Fred, that the data show that more un housed at least Angelino's are older folks who can no longer afford their rent. And if you think logically, that makes sense. I'm working two or three jobs to pay my la jacked up high rent. Now I can no longer work because I'm not you know, I'm not well, I'm not healthy, or I'm too advanced in age to really be working like that, And so how do I pay my rent? That's what. But that doesn't mean you don't want to work, That doesn't mean you're young and lazy. It means our system has failed because we do not have a proper safety in it to take care of the elders who have already given so much to our nation. That's why we're that's why we're electing democratic socialists. That's why people are ready for a real, substantial change instead of just this little tinkering around the edges between two parties. That's why there's the dissatisfaction. I think that's a big part of it. We need policies that support the greater good. We can't throw our older Americans away like trash on the streets. What kind of society does that?
Speaker 4: Can I give you a policy? Okay, they say there's seventy eight thousand people on the streets in the county, twenty eight thousand in the city. Mayor Bath says she takes twenty five off the street every day, but twenty eight we go to the streets every day. It would be much much better to concentrate on those twenty eight people that have gone on the street and even raised the number to thirty and stopped those thirty from going on the streets. And yes, they are some of the more older people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of them. All right, Fred, thank you so much. So the solution is get more people off the streets. Brilliant. I think we all knew that. Yeah, I haven't heard the mayor make that talking point, but I have heard Pete from uh why am I blanking on his name? From la CAN, the Community Action Network. He's the leader of that organization, and he has said that for twenty five, we take twenty five off, twenty eight go on. What that means is more people are falling into houselessness and are getting pulled out of houselessness. So the answer is get more people off the streets. Yes, I agree with you, Fred. The question is how, and that's where we differ. Yeah, this book is spitting some straight up trumpy Trump Trump talking points. The majority of FBA support Trump's immigration policy, and it's bringing back back black jobs. That's you know, if you want to live in the land of the Lulu, I cannot help you. But the fact is not bringing back How do six hundred thousand people? How have six hundred thousand black people lost jobs under this administration and you're still saying it's bringing back black jobs. What They're not even black jobs in the Republican parties unless you know, and I guess apparently unless you're in Florida. Yeah, no, that's actually not true. And I do agree with forensic. Nobody's illegal. They might be undocumented, calling people illegal immigrants or aliens. You know. Okay, we got folks on the phone. Let's go to the folks on the phone. Rebecca from Agora Hills. Is that what it says? Good morning, Rebecca, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Hi, good morning, Thank you, Thank you for the topic. You know, I have been thinking about so much lately because I attribute the whole scandal with the LA City Council members making the racist statements. I attribute that as one factor that led to the election of our current DA. The morally corrupt, evil Nate Hoffman, because if you remember some of the statements made or that George Gascone was with the blacks, but a lot people to remember that they also attacked George Gascon being brown people. And I'm a brown woman, by the way, and it was it was just such an embarrassing moment for me. But they attacked George Gascon also as a what decon from an area of Mexico, and you know, it hit a nerve for me because I've faced similar attacks. I'm part jacky. It's obvious to so brown members of the community that I'm yaking by my nose and I face racism attacked because of that, but my.
Speaker 1: Overall indigenous heritage, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, And so my overall message is that racism is everyone's fight, and you know, we got to stick together. And I think that I think that Molina Abdullah has been just the ultimate leader in these struggles because she did what Black Lives Matter led, you know, the campaign against Kevin de Leone, thank God.
Speaker 6: Got him out of there.
Speaker 2: And it was also an embarrassing time for me because I remember the brown Berets are standing behind Kevin de Leon and I'm like what is going on here? The brown berets actually formed because they were alliance with.
Speaker 1: The black I mean, the fake new brown Berets. I don't you know, it's like everybody running around calling themselves black panthers. Where did where did you get your charter from? Is the question? But yeah, I mean you're talking about the complexities that happened behind the scenes and the ways that race and you know, even divisions within races, right, different indigenous groups or different black groups are pitted against each other to promote the conservative agenda. I hadn't heard that take on Nathan Hawkman that Gascon is with the blacks aka why because he was getting rid of some of these egregiously long prison sentences that were inhumane and unconstitutional, and that just so happened to affect a lot of black people, I assume that's why, but also affected Latinos. So it's so crazy how we are manipulated into voting against our own interests and now you know, you get what you get what you got. I do think we were also in a state wide wave of the old fashioned scare people into voting conservative with you know, law and order remembers, smash and grabs, were in the news every single day. It was the same footage over and over again. And even though crime was down, we were being told that we were going to hell in a handbasket. And so that, you know, conservatives always jump in. That's why we passed props. They passed Props thirty six. That's how we got a Nathan Hoffman.
Speaker 2: Right and why to remind people too is just it along with similar veins. You remember when when we were fighting for reparations a couple of years ago and Bill Esly who's now the Attorney general or you know win a Trump He's yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: A prosecutor for the Trump administration. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's an assembly member at the time, and he was helping to pass the reparation bill.
Speaker 1: No he didn't. He said he would, but he never did.
Speaker 2: Said yeah he had co sponsored.
Speaker 6: No he didn't.
Speaker 1: Even he did not. He did not co sponsor one. That's a rumor. He said he was going to. He tried to play black people against Assembly Member Isaac Bryan by saying he was going to. But Bill is Sale never passed a bill, he never co sponsored a bill because he's because he was in the Republican minority, not only that he was widely unpopular. He tried to say his name was Bill Ao to try to get black people to like him. Well, then why have you been going by Bill for the past twenty years? But yeah, I mean it's the same thing. It's exactly the same thing that you're talking about, Rebecca, where people, you know, play our lack of deep knowledge and our own resentments and interpersonal community conflicts to mess over all of us right against the best interests of black people and Latino people. In that case, Rebecca, thanks so much for your call. She called me at eight hundred and nine to oh, fifteen eighty. I invite you to do the same. I'm Dominique de Prima for KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. The chat is especially robust today. If you want to jump in, you can go to YouTube dot com KBLA fifteen eighty. Don't forget also living on our YouTube many many interesting and varied conversations as podcasts. They live there. You can get them wherever you get your podcasts as well. That's okay, Paul. We always the black Brown convo always goes on and on and on, especially in LA because that's where we that's where we live. We live together. Y'all can see what you want. We go to the same schools, we go to the same stores, hospitals. Not all of the same stores, not all of the same schools, but we be there. Let's go to Carolyn calling us from LA good morning, jombo o la hotep. What's up, Carolyn?
Speaker 6: How many call you blessed?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm blessed in regards to blacks doing their own thing and not including or you know, Latinos or whatever. Okay, what's wrong with that? You know, black people have got we have got to start. Uh. I'm I'm, I'm both I'm Native American and uh ancestry of of Africa. But and then let me tell you something. The only time that I've been called the in word in this town was from a Latinos. Okay, I have yes, I've had experienced that at least four times. Really okay, yes, and I have been in the hard or like.
Speaker 1: I mean they were and they were saying it as a slur. Obviously they were saying.
Speaker 6: No, no, it was not a slur.
Speaker 1: They were saying it with a not a hard R. Were they like, what's up my N word? Like how no?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, No, it was first time I was downtown Okay and into the and I went into the store, you know, the Story store, and so it was like about two young latinos there and they were marking, you know, so I was looking like, oh, now she's looking over there, but you know, why, why is she even in here? Or you know that kind of thing. I got you.
Speaker 1: So that is a slur that if they call you the N word, they mean it as in that context, they mean it as a slur. Are there racist? Absolutely? Hold on, Hold on, Carolyn, Carolyn, Carolyn, Carolyn, Carolyn, Carolyn. I'm happy to listen, but you also have to listen. It's a conversation. We go back and forth. So I want to be clear. I was not saying that I don't think we should as black people have the right or the ability to do our own thing. I think it's great, you know, sweep around your own front door, organize your block, organize your community. Carolyn, I was never saying that. My point is that coalition has served us well. It doesn't mean you have to do everything in coalition. It doesn't mean it's the answer to everything, but allyship and coalition between black and brown has produced results. That's all I was saying. Go ahead, Carolyn.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, yeah, I agree with you on that. But so I mean, because all black people ain't good all white people that.
Speaker 1: What do you do when they call you that? Do you beat them up? Like? What do you do? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: I just you know, I just I just call them something else.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you just threw a knock at him? All right?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: You know, yes, yes, you know. It's like one time I was I was in line, you know, but it was in we're in the cars, and uh so it was the person and in front it was this Latino man and behind him, I don't know who it was, but hours behind the other person. So I was the third one, and he gets out the car, you know, because I'm in a convertible, so now you can see, you know, and so he's like, you know what that shut up in word, you know, blah blah blah, you know that kind of thing. And another time, you know, there's these three I think it was four of these Latino young girls in a convertible, and so they're going to try to cut me off. Right I'm there, you know, and you have to get to a stop sign, I mean to stop light, and they're going to try to cut you. So I was like, hey, you know, just come down, young ladies. You know we got away for squell you in word, you know, and you can tell there were Latinos and you know, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's unacceptable and it's bad and I you know, I've and and sometimes it happens when you might not even know it because they're gonna say mayat, which means the same thing in Spanish, but I mean white supremacy, racism. People would adhere to the illusion of white supremacy. Yeah, are there Latinos? Yeah? Are there are there Asians? Yeah? Are there white people? Yeah? Now you're talking about individual racism, and that's something that has to be tackled. I'm never quite sure how to respond to that myself. Sometimes I want to cuss somebody out, and I admit I have. Sometimes I want to go get the big homie and have them deal with it. But do we make our policies and strategic keyword strategic political decisions based on the fact that there are are racists present among a group of people. I would argue that strategy has to as a sahar Ali would say, be eyes not emotional. We're talking our well being next Oosa. Doctor Noel Reed joins us on kb LA Talk fifteen eighty