Speaker 1: Which rookie running back is everyone sleeping on right now, who is the NFC North breakout that you should be bumping up your draft boards, and what NFC East rusher might have a big end to the twenty twenty five season. Join us tonight as we welcome back onto the show. John Terry, a man who has won multiple dozens, maybe even hundreds of FFPC leagues over the year. He is on tonight because he is the twenty twenty four Genesis Champion and he's here to talk about his twenty twenty five Genesis Draft. We've got a great show for you. Pharrell Elliott is here. Stick around. Your High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 2: Can't stayn the pressure I've.
Speaker 1: Seen broadcast live in horder raud the world. You are now.
Speaker 3: Watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your Eric Boltman and Ferrell Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now because no one else was available.
Speaker 1: Here are Eric Boltman and Barrel Elliott. Thank you, Rob Greenings and salutations to all of you balcoholics and furli x on this special Wednesday night edition of The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. It's our latest episode and it's presented by the Fantasy Football Players Championship at my f FPC dot com. I'm your slightly above Average host, Eric Balkman. You can follow me on x and connect with me there at Eric Balkman. Eric with the s. My co host is the Definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, Farrell Elliott. Coming up on tonight show. We'll not only get into the minutia of the Derrick Henry extension and what that means for Dynasty and redraft players out there, we'll also talk about some rookies tonight, including but not limited to, Taj Brooks and Tech McMillan. John Terry is also going to join us to talk about his twenty twenty five Genesis Trap, the likelihood that he repeats.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about some of his picks that I thought were interesting, including Josh Jacobs, Chris o'lave, the Bears running backs, and so much more. And that's what's coming up on the show. The show is brought to you by the FFPC. If you have any questions for us, send us the email at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com at HSFF hour as you can find the show on x and of course at FFPC my FFPC dot com. Check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFFC dot com as well Facebook dot com, slash HSFF hour, anywhere you want to connect with us. We'll try to get to all of those coming up later on. At the end of the show in the fantasy feedback segment, shout out to our audio engineer and my best friend Bryce and of course our producer and mutual friend Rob. The FFPC Bestball and super Flex Bestball tournaments are open a three hundred thousand dollars grand prize for the one hundred and twenty five dollars version. The thirty five dollars entry will feature one hundred thousand dollars grand prize, and don't forget in the Best Ball Tournament this year, we have one hundred thousand dollars runner up prize, so you don't even have to win the thing and you get a six figure prize. Drafts available with thirty second, sixty second, two and six hour clocks. Same thing going on with the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament million dollars grand prize, you'll get a fifty dollars discount on every third team. Drafts already off and running, both live and slow at those same levels I mentioned for the Best Ball tournaments, the Early Rampitch Tournament, and the Seven seven Bananas promos are live as well. For more information on that and all the extra stuff we're doing for the Big Gorilla this year, check it out at my FFPC dot com. Our flagship event is off and running. You've probably seen a few boards or at least sections of boards on x and on social media for our f FPC main event. Slow drafts, which are going on started about a week and a half ago, and we'll have in about two weeks live main events for you as well. Sign up by May third first, you got about seventeen days left to do that. You'll not only get two hundred dollars off your first team for that early bird discount, but your name will be entered into the FFPC Pros Versus Joe's drawing. Remember the forty two Joes that are selected and that will be going up against forty two industry pros and the winner of each one of those seven drafts will win a.
Speaker 4: A.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At twenty twenty six, FFPC made event entry. I apologize, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Slow drafts off and running myffpc dot com. Dynasty startups available as well at my ffpc dot com. Entry fees ranging from one hundred dollars to five thousand dollars. Eighteen hundred plus leagues. Over the last decade and half, none have ever folded. If you played Dynasty with the FFPC, you are locked and loaded at my ffpc dot com for the long haul. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the A channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. James Hicks is already in the chat. Shout out to James Hicks. We got Oinker hanging out with us tonight. Room for one more I think, so connect with him at kffsc dot com. He is the commissioner there. He is the one, the only, the incomparable. Farrell Elliott Farrell. Good Wednesday evening to you, my friend. But it is good to see you, and.
Speaker 2: It appears that we're getting close to time for a haircut. You know when it does not the little box off to the side before you bring me on, when the hair won't fit into the little box, that's that's probably my city, you know, that's probably my my cue. You get you get qes and lives where you can get them from. It's so great you let Anker come out early and say hello to James.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful. Uh farrel I mentioned everything going on with the FFPC for anybody who subscribes to the KFFFC mailer, we had another reminder from you. The ten thousand dollars kff SC Bestball Tournament off and running as well shortly here. Live drafts will start next month and the slowes. I think we'll be starting shortly too.
Speaker 2: The slows as soon as we can fill them up, and says some guys that in it today, and we will. You know, we'll run this tournament for as long as it takes to get to fill it. We're not in any hurry to get to fill it. However, the first live event is June fifteenth, one that you are playing in as well, Bulky. That's the always Dreaming Division and some people want to some people want to play in it. Just because it's the Always Dreaming Division. Great memories of that horse. Unfortunately, that's probably the last derby winner I'll called properly.
Speaker 1: Wow, it happens. That happens, But it is what it is.
Speaker 2: You know, we'd love everyone to come and place a ninety six team championship, a three hundred dollars entry fee, lots of good prizes, the best being the ten thousand dollars that will be won by our eventual championship. It's our Sweet sixteen format. Great competition throughout, and yeah, that's all I can say about it is it's a it's a full season league, and it's a whole lot of funts.
Speaker 1: The Always Dreaming Division all any more than halfway full. The Old Fashioned Division, which is the other one that I'm in right now just to start, that is nearly half full as well. So check that out at kf FSC dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rubio gave us some plugs. Yeah you're not using that's a good idea, yeah, he.
Speaker 1: He uh he is. In the If anybody knows anybody who's in the T shirt game that can come up with a silhouette T shirt of my beard and Pharaoh's hair, I think that would be because that's I think that's iconic in the in the high stakes fantasy football industry, as far as podcast go, your your cabbage on top and and my soup strainer, my beard on my face, it's it's iconic.
Speaker 2: You can't expect demand to walk around with a plaining beard book, that's true.
Speaker 1: I can't expect Derrick Henry to never slow down Faro. Apparently that's what the Ravens expect him to do as well, because they have signed him to a two year, thirty million dollar contract extension. Per Ian Rappaport from the NFL Network, he is the first running back over the age of thirty to make fifteen million a year. Last offseason, he signed a two year, sixteen million dollar deal, ran roughshot over the NFL and was unbelievable nineteen hundred plus rushing yard, sixteen touchdowns. It got him the Rays and this probably I don't want to say, you know, there are no guarantees in life, but I would say this is as close to a guarantee to give me ah that Derrick Henry is probably going to finish his career as a Baltimore role. Yes, that's all I'm going with there. Now in the Big Gorilla Tournament. Over the last week, we have seen Derrick Henry's ADP on Fantasy Mojo at Fantasy Mojo on ex fantasymojo dot com. Darren Armani, the godfather of the prosers of Joe's Challenge. Anytime we cite FFPC ADP data, it is from his website. Strongly encourage you to get a subscription of Fantasy Mojo if you play in the FFPC. Derreck Henry right behind Devon ah Chan and Christian McCaffrey. He's going right ahead of Jonathan Taylor and Bucky Irving running back seven at the two four, Farrell, When you look at this as a two year extension, does this give you the warm fuzzies enough to say, Hey, maybe he's not great in twenty twenty six, but if the Ravens are giving him a two year contract right now, he's sure his heck should be good in twenty twenty five and you can feel good at taking him at the two four.
Speaker 2: He'll be good until he decides to hang up his helmet and his shoes. This player knows that there's two themes that we have, at least coming from me on the show. And I've seen the beard and the head shaking in simultaneous fashion.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 2: Derrick Henry is a must draft player for your fantasy football team.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: And we've had commentary, especially from the pros, which you know, we love arguing with the pros come July, especially from the pros about he can't keep going. Well, yes he can. Me the main reason, the second theme that we've talked to about is what all players are doing in the league to lengthen their careers, and Derrick Henry is the foremost and the most well informed athlete about nutrition and training and what he needs to do, and he's been doing it for a long time. He's thirty one years old, five point nine yards of carry. Last year we talked about also the fact that he would go to Baltimore and play behind an offensive line that is one of the better ones in the league and against defenses that were challenged with the idea of Lamar Jackson being a running quarterback and you know, just they didn't use it often, but they have a three hundred and eleven pound fullback and they used it often enough and to run in front of Henry. I love everything about this and I don't understand. When I looked at the kffsc our first main event draft of the year, I do understand Jon Robinson. Jean Robinson put up some very good numbers last year and has a chance to catch sixty balls. Barkley, of course, Gibbs as an exciting player, but then it gets then the other players that went in front of him, Genty, who is yet to do anything in the NFL. That doesn't trouble me, but he's doing it for a team that's got a lot of holes to fill. A Chan McCaffrey. All those players drafted in front of Henry, Chuck Root, our good friend Chuck Root in the kffsc waited and at the two to eight he nabbed Henry and maybe is on his way to the championship. So I think, if you're playing fantasy football and you can get Henry on your roster, do it sooner rather than later. It's the best movie you can make.
Speaker 1: I think. The other thing to keep in mind too, the most significant thing that the Ravens did in the offseason as far as skill position players go, was adding DeAndre Hopkins at wide receiver. That's not a needle mover for me. And they did nothing in the draft to address any receivers, running backs, tight ends. So I'd like to think that the offense will be very, very similar to what it was last year. And I know he probably won't hit nineteen hundred rushing yards again, he doesn't have to. At the two zero four, he could definitely pay off for the first time. I maybe taking Derrick Henry in a lot of draft Farrell because I do like this ADP for him right now too. Speaking of AFC North bruising running backs, let's talk Caleb Johnson here. Mike Defamo, who covers Pittsburgh for The Athletic, called Caleb Johnson a quote schematic fit for the Steelers. Now that's not the interesting part about this. He was a third round pick. Last month. He was listed as a co starter on the depth chart alongside Jalen Warren. This is like old school meat and potatoes, Mike Tomlin. I mean, where you don't hand rookies anything, right. They got to work for it, even if they're the most talented player, they still got to work for He's already listed as co starter coach starter with Jalen Warren. And you think about Arthur Smith's offense. It's run first and they're going to use both these running backs. Only three college running backs last year had more zone rushes than Johnson, and according to de Fabo, his goals and offseason practices for Johnson is learn the playbook, earn the coaching staffs trust, hopefully becoming in every downback sooner rather than later. Now, pass blocking needs work. Jalen Warren one of the best pass blocking running backs in the NFL. Pharrell. But the lead to me here is is this is black and blue football where rookies have to earn their stripes. And already Caleb Johnson sitting on top of the draft, on top of the depth chart for the Steelers. And it's worth mentioning because Caleb Johnson's mojo right now six to oh eight as running back twenty five, not even being drafted as a top twenty four running back. This is juicy to me, not.
Speaker 2: Drafted like a co starter. But you know, Bulky, I mean, you know you're carrying the wood over here called co host. But you see who's doing all the work. You know it? It okay, Caleb Johnson.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: This is perfect. May what do they call it? The schematic fit. Yes, oh my word, you know. But okay, I believe when you draft a player like this, you you he would be he would fit everywhere else.
Speaker 5: If he's gonna fit here, we're not the schematic. Okay, that's maybe that's maybe I'm looking at that too difficult. Maybe yeah, I probably need to leave that alone. But what did we say, Bulky. We said that you know, you can get gent.
Speaker 2: Very very early in this draft for NFL teams, but there will be value throughout this draft at the running back position and this example of it. They will be very big things for this player. And yeah, he's going to carry the rock because all the reasons you said, there's no reason not to draft this player at value right now. And he'll be going higher. Let's see him in the season do some things too, but he'll he'll be going higher as we head towards Las Vegas and the Paris Hotel at the f FPC main event, he'll be going uh with with all the Pittsburgh Steeler fans that we have here in Kentucky, He's likely to be a higher draft pick here than perhaps even out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's a there's a curve right where these we start off, you know, hot and heavy in redraft because everybody's got rookie fever from Dynasty, and then it kind of slacks off again. But I think as we get closer, you know, especially with the Northern Kentucky and then obviously the Louisville event for kf F s C, that's when these guys will start building up steam again as potential league winners. Is Caleb Johnson the potential league winner. I'm not ready to put that moniker on him yet, but I certainly wouldn't rule that out at this point of the season.
Speaker 2: Don't draft him in front of Henry uh No, you know he.
Speaker 1: Wise words. This is why you come a lot.
Speaker 2: You're going to introduce our host our yes tonight, but you know, I got to tell you when you talk about schematic fit, when you prepare for the show with other guests, I tend to want to dig into some of the questions and I want to also say what I'm thinking, what do you think, and and have a give and take. But we've got a guy coming in tonight that I would be more like I would try to be a surgeon and try to dissect this brain of fantasy football that lives, eats, and loves fantasy football at such a level that is beyond even our most passionate players. And you're going to introduce him later, but I just maybe he'll talk about you know, I've talked a lot about Henry, and I just made some comments that were largely worthless about this player. But there will be more in depth conversation about every player. This guy pulls no punches, bulky, and he certainly is is and not shy to share his opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what's so great. And without further ado, I think we bring him on right now. I'm gonna bringing on right now.
Speaker 2: I think we need your patented introduction.
Speaker 1: Well here, here's here's how I'll set it up on the on the road of his high stakes lowdown. Last week I had Josh Siegel on, and there are there are a few players that I've had on these shows before. Some of them I can I'll take the time to count up how many league championships they've won in Dynasty, Big Gorilla, Main Event or whatever. Josh Siegel is not one of them because he's just won too many of them. And another player that falls into that category that I would never sit and count how many league championships this guy's won in the ffpcuh is tonight's guest. He's just won too many. I'm not gonna bother with it. I will introduce him as a guy who's won dozens and I said, maybe even hundreds. I don't know the exact number of.
Speaker 2: Auditor You don't.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm not an auditor. I'm not I'm not a math guy. But I'll bring him on right now as the defending champion of the twenty twenty four f FPC Genesis League, a league that you saw the twenty twenty five edition on this program a couple of weeks ago, as Farrell and I covered it picked by pick, and we're gonna we're gonna delve into this guy's draft tonight. Please welcome back onto these airwaves. J T A J himself. It is mister John Terry John, What is up tonight? Thanks so much for hanging out.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 4: Hey, how you guys doing Hey, k Hey Farrell.
Speaker 1: We're doing good, man, We're doing good. I want to because because I got long winded in that first segment, I want to pitch you a couple of the stories that that we were going to talk about here to kick things off, and I'll start in Detroit in the Motor City, Tim twenty men, who covers the Lions. John said that John Morton, who's the new OC for Detroit taking order for Ben Johnson, said it's going to quote be a breakout year for Jamison Williams. Morton said he was never around somebody as fast as william and then he corrected himself to say, well, maybe Jamiir Gibbs, because he's been around Jamior Gibbs so far this season as well James and Williams last year. I didn't even realize this just crept over the thousand yard level. Fifty eight catches, one thousand and one receiving yards, and seven touchdowns, and I think, and I don't know how much he affects a mon Ross Saint Brown. Quite frankly, I'm not drafting a Monross Saint Brown any differently based on this quote. But I think based on this dude being the OC, John, the fact that James and Williams is wide receiver thirty three right now at the six oh eight, he becomes more intriguing for me. How much stock are you putting into what James and Williams offensive coordinator is saying about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's definitely a good sign. But I guess my question would be just how many passing yards and touchdowns is Detroit going to have? And if there's going to be a substantial increase in his production, where's it coming from? Because I mean, you got a Monross, Saint Brown, Laporta, and if all those guys are healthy, I mean, I don't. I mean, there's no way James and Williams is going to be like a hundred catch.
Speaker 2: Guy, like that's there, you go, there we go.
Speaker 4: But he could add some yards and touchdowns. But I think it depends.
Speaker 1: I like the player.
Speaker 4: I just don't. I'm not going to read too much into that early season comment from the OC. The only early season comments I usually pay attention to, or if they say something.
Speaker 2: Negatives and they don't do that often. But you know, guys, it might be an offensive coordinators idea of a grade increase of volume could be ten catches. His idea could be completely different from what we consider a huge increase in volume, because that might one catch every other game might mean a lot to him as he scripts his place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John, what just the Detroit offense under John Morton, no Ben Johnson there in general? Do you find yourself I guess what's your level of concern? Because when you have a new it's still the same head coach, It's still a very similar offense, the personnel is very similar. But what do you think the Ben Johnson effect is going to be on the Lions offense with him not being there anymore.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's going to be a huge impact of him leaving, only because the system is there. Everybody knows it. I mean, they're not going to try to change something that's not broken. I mean, it'd be better if Johnson was still there, but it's not going to really impact how I view their players.
Speaker 2: He taught them the way, and he moves on and he leaves it behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a little bit of regret in one of my dynasty leagues where a Hemdon had over two players and at I think it was in the third round and the player that I didn't choose. I think I'm having whatever the opposite of buyers or morse is because I didn't buy him, so I can't ever morse, so non buyers remorse. I don't know said. Yusuf, who covers the Cowboys for The Athletic, said that by the end of the year, Jadeen Blue is going to be the Cowboys number one guy at running back, and this is the guy I passed up.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 1: He thinks Javonte Williams is going to be the leading guy early in the season, but he thinks Blue is gonna end up getting more carries and leading the team and rushing. We have seen this before, espent more so with rookie receivers than I think rookie running backs, but it has happened with running backs as well, where it takes him a while to get up to get used to the NFL, get used to the speed, get used to the competition, and obviously you know the grind, which which is going to be a little bit longer than what they're used to in college. When when you consider that the case for Jadeen Blue right now and the mojo on him is running back forty two at the ten eleven John, if Yusuf is right here in his prediction, then this is a massive bargain for Jaden Blue here. But I think the fact that he is falling to that ten to eleven turn makes me think that FFBC players are not necessarily buying INDI him, How do you feel about Blue and how his rookie season is going to go in big deep.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I definitely took some shares of him in my Dynasty rookie drafts, But I think you just have to be careful when you really are valuing a player because everybody else on the team at the position kind of stinks, right, So I mean he could be I mean, how excited would you be to have like ric o'dowdell from last year because that's probably like best case scenario, right, And I mean he was pretty mediocre, So I don't know. I mean, he's the only one in that backfield that's got the potential. I don't see Javonte Williams having a big comeback, and I don't think that. I think everyone, I think Miles Sanders is over the hill, So it's potential. I mean, it's definitely worth drafting him where he's going.
Speaker 2: Now I've already lost my bet I had the under on. I don't know that, like half I thought.
Speaker 4: You, I don't. I don't know, I really do.
Speaker 2: You know that if you a lot of talk today as the schedule was announced. A lot of talk today about eighteen game season, and you know, players think the season has got too long for seventeen games. And you've got an injured running back at Denver that he's fought off a lot of injuries and now he's coming to Dallas. And you know, he's a grinder and he's tough and I like him. He's just not going to see this position to this young running back. And so I think it's an interesting article to make a statement that, you know, a player that's been a little injury prone could be worn down and Blue would be the Blue would be the at the end of the year. Yeah, that's not the hardest and farthest fetched thing to possibly say. But Bunky, can you work on it? Can you work on your your Will Farrell imitation of that's My Boy Blue and start, I just.
Speaker 1: I blow I blow up the everybody's microphone right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go. That is very good.
Speaker 1: I can't, I can't. I can't sing the Kansas song though, where he hits that high note when he's when he's singing dust in the Wind, that I cannot do that, I that I cannot do and by and and if I did that, Pharah, if I tried, there'd be dogs going crazy right now.
Speaker 2: You can do anything. You kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no. By the way, us Stephen Gorgalos, I'm Stephen. I'm probably to say, I know I probably miss pronouncing your name, but but he's our T shirt guy to get the T shirt thing going Farrell and he said Jayden Blue for Travon Henderson and Kentucky. I'm assuming Travon Henderson. No, I would not be doing that.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: I think that is that that iron is not nearly hot enough for for for that to happen yet. So I want to I want to move on to your genesis draft here, John, you drafted this team the friday after the NFL Draft was completed. I have the the board up here, I think I do. Yeah, I have I have the I have the board up here. I'm gonna throw it up here so everybody can see it, just so we're all we're on the same page when I'm talking about these when I'm talking about these players. But you were picking from the uh, let's see the five spot here and obviously Bowers A. J. Brown Okay, number one and two, your number three pick is the one I want to ask about right now in Josh Jacobs. So, Green Bay obviously switched to a power running team last year. Whether that was due in part to the Jordan Love knee injury that he suffered in Week one, maybe, I don't know, but they already had Josh Jacobs before that. Two wide oats get drafted by the Packers in the first three rounds this year, and so much to the point, like Jaden Reid had to have a sit down with Brian Gudakunz to find out what his role is actually going to be on the team this year, the Packers have a super crowded wide receiver room. Are you worried that Green Bay could flip again and go back to more of a passing attack, not only with Dobbs and Reed and Wix, but now Matthew Golden and save Ian Williams. You took Josh Jacobs at the three h five in Genesis. Clearly this is not at least they've been concerned for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's not really a concern at all. I mean, I know they spread the ball around a lot, but in my mind, Golden's got potential right first time they've taken a wide receiver in round one there, and he could be good. But everybody else that they have at wide receiver, I mean, they're what's their top end, They're they're not that talented of players. In my mind, I don't think Watson's gonna play a lot. I mean, he's probably gonna be hurt. Dobbs is pretty mediocre. Reid is good, but he's limited in what he can do. I just don't see any reason, with the success that Jacobs has had and had last year, why they would go away from that.
Speaker 1: I will say to your point too, John, the Packers. Yeah they drafted Golden, Yeah, they drafted Williams. But you know the other thing they did. They signed I always forget his name, Aaron Banks from San Francisco. The big, the big guard. He's gonna be the left guard. He's gonna be the guy that shifted Elton Jenkins the center. As long as Jenkins shows up, we'll see on that. But Banks is a huge guy. He's one of the biggest linemen that that the Packers have had under Bryan Gutakunst and Matt Lafleur. And then in the second round they take another guy who's so big. And Anthony Belton out of NC state, his nickname's Cadillac or Catillac. It's Escalate is his nickname. And uh and and so to me, that's like, if you need any more proof that the Packers are are still gonna not gonna be a power running team this year, that's exhibits A and B to me, They're still gonna want to pound the ball as much as they can. And and I can't remember who said that, somebody within the Packers organization said, come December, big doesn't get little. So so you know that, like when when the money's on the line and you're trying to win a million bucks in the big grill are the main event, you could put a lot of faith into Josh Jacobs here.
Speaker 2: I think Balky summed it up perfectly, John, don't you Yeah? I agree? I mean and that I love when you're when you're insider Packer informations sort of seeds to the top and it it permeates all our Green Bay conversation I have. I have one of the most ridiculous questions probably to ask you, but you know, uh, our friend Jazzmine Jade Chicks in earlier I spoke with her today and tod her that we had the most wonderful guests ever to come on the show, and John Terry, and she says, oh, I'll see him in Kentucky then, And I said, well, there don't guarantee you that. So I don't want to get too far deep into this. People have come up to me and said, when's John Terry get in here. This has happened for the last couple of years. And you know, no one has agency or permission to complain about the John Terry in Kentucky. But I will say he is not coming, and they will get a look of disgust on their face and they'll shake their head and they'll be still. They'll be sullen and sad for a moment, and you know, and I have to keep a good, strong, hard face in that kind of situation. And so, you know, we've got a lot of people down here there there, and I really think John, because of your record as a player, you know, I think they kind of think that they will get you down here for a year or two. They might be able to beat you because this is their home turn. And so you know, I think you need to invade in the South and prove to them that John Terry is a champion on any turf. So here comes my question. When you get to Kentucky where you must start three wide receivers. When you get to Kentucky, well, one of them be Ted McMillan. And if you are draft, you drafted even and like the fifth round of some draft or something. I'm curious about this. Did you forget who his quarterback was? That's my biggest question.
Speaker 4: No, And I mean I think that is the biggest question with him. I mean, Bryce Young was really solid at the end of last year. The question is is he going to keep that up and progress from there or is he going to revert to the quarterback we've seen him be in the past. And I'm willing to take a gamble on tet and I know that seems it might seem a little early. I think that's around his ADP, which is pretty aggressive right now. I was a little behind the ball at wide receiver, you know, starting with Bowers, and then I took an early QB and then I took Jacobs. So I mean, there were a lot of receivers that went right before him that I would have rather had. But I'm not afraid to draft Ted.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't live in fear. You don't live. Here's a question, who is Ted going to catch more passes than the quarterback gets sacked? Because quarterback got sacked sixty eight times last year. Bulkie's that correct number. I just pulled that out.
Speaker 1: Man. You might be pulling it out of thin air. But maybe you're right on that.
Speaker 2: Over and under on the receptions of sixty eight for.
Speaker 4: Ten oh over under sixty eight. That's a pretty good number.
Speaker 2: Sixty eight a good number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess I'll take the over. I could see him getting low seventies.
Speaker 2: Low seventies. You know, I'm going to tell you about something about your low seventies in the fifth around here, you could have bit.
Speaker 1: We have I have to have some production or a bell I ring every time we bring up. But we gotta do something like that. Oh god, sixty two sacks for Bryce Young in his rookie in his rookie year. Pharaoh last year only sacked twenty nine times.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with me? I can't read the stat lines anymore.
Speaker 1: That's okay. Numbers mean nothing, Yeah they do. So I want to bring up the draft board here once again, Oh there I go. So if we look at this John uh in the at the six o eight here you take Chrysal Lobby. This was the round after you to Tech Technic Millan. This is from the five spot for anybody's following along. The Saints are obviously a messi quarterback. It got more messy when Derek Carr decided to announce his retirement. Is this a buying opportunity for Chrystal Lobby drafters right now? Knowing that it can't get much worse at quarterback, whether it's going to be Tyler Shook, whether it's going to be Spencer Rattler Jake, what's his name? Ha ha, Yet it can't get much worse. So I would think that Olave's ADP is going to be affected by that. How much did you and I know you just explained your wide receiver situation in this draft as well, but how much did you like that pick? What do you think about Olave here going forward? Knowing that quarterback situation is no one on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's not good. But I mean the the rookie that they drafted at QB has a lot of experience and I'd be shocked if he is as bad as Spencer Rattler and Derek Carr is not. I mean, he's not what he once was, so I still think Olave could put up some numbers. Plus, I think the Saints are going to be a bad team, so they're probably going to have to throw the ball pretty often. It's just a matter if a lobby keeps the concussions under control and doesn't miss time because of them. I think he's going to be a value at that spot.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be more than a value. Guys, and John just I will quit the hardest seft sell immediately, but you know, it is important to to tell the listeners that the experience he received was in Louisville, in the same place you'll be having your experience here in August. But a lot of scouts, it's the scouting process and a lot of people that I really trust in football say one thing about Tyler. He can make all the passes, and wouldn't you love to have a rookie quarterback who can make all the passes. It's got a little experience, it's got a good head playing in a dome, targeting the number one receiver on that team, who then they don't really have the greatest tight end presence. So I see a lot and the running back getting maybe one hundred catches each, you know, almost as many as Pittman. So you know, so we're in a situation there where I love a lave for this team. So if you love him like I do, you probably don't. But if if you love him, would it would just be a player in dynasty to be trying to acquire the trade right now because this is and what would be a suitable what would be suitable about that?
Speaker 4: I haven't really looked into to bind him, but I mean, I guess it would depend what the price is. I mean, if he was if he was if he if he was you know, fairly fairly cheap, I buy him. He's just comes with extra risk in a dynasty perspective, just because of the concussions and because of the long term situation, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of long term situation in Chicago Bears backfield is is a real humorous commentary there, you know in yourself when you draft I was in some Dynasty drafts. I told Balky. I confessed to Balky last week that I just said, you know what he looks the part I'm going to just draft him. I didn't have time to do the research. I think when you took Rochon Johnson at the seventeen oh five after first drafting DeAndre Swift at the seven o five, I'm thinking that this is some of your choreographed genius. Or did you just look at Roshan Johnson and say, what the hell, I'll get a handcuff. How are you doing it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think in the Ben Johnson offense, I mean, you're gonna want the running backs, right if he has any type of success in pulling together what he did in Detroit, and I mean he made you know, very legitimate starters out of and Montgomery and supported two backs, and I mean I think he can do the same thing in Chicago. It's just the backs are less talented and there's more risk associated with it because still a possibility they could bring someone else in.
Speaker 2: So the answer is, yes, you knew that and you were looking for.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I will say in my in my dynasty drafts, I also drafted a fair amount of their other rookie that they took late Kyle, Yeah, late late in drafts, just because I want that's a situation where I want the guy that's going to get a lot of the work. And I think those like the rounds that I took those guys in, it's worth the risk, right, You're you're not You're definitely not overpaying.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's worth it.
Speaker 1: I just like the idea of of you know, not that because of an young guy you didn't lock up the backfield, but I mean you got the two big pieces of a Ben Johnson offense. Now, is Ben Johnson going to be a really good head coach? Is it's going to blow up in their face?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But what's it going to cost for you to get the starting running back on this team a seventh ROWND pick and a seventeenth row pick. I think that's a bet worth making. In early May so I liked it. I thought it was I thought it was really good. And by the way, Farrell, I have added Choreographed Genius to my list of fantasy football team team. Yeah, one of them is going to be that. I don't know which one is going to happen this season. Let's keep on the Bears here, John Ben Johnson now coaching Caleb Williams. How bullish are you on Caleb Williams this year, I think I just think back, a lot of stuff went wrong, did not have the offensive line. Offensive line definitely improved this year. You add Luther Burden, you had Colston Lovelin, and now you had Ben Johnson. I think there's a lot to like about this situation. Do you see it the same way?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean, to be honest, like, what else could they have done for him in the offseason? I mean, is there any other moves that could make that offense potentially any better? I mean I don't think so. I think they improved everywhere that they needed to be. So I think that the real question in my mind is just whether Caleb Williams can speed up his processing. Like I know a lot of people, you know, gave him props last year for having so few interceptions, but it's only because he held the ball so long that he took a million sacks and wouldn't.
Speaker 2: There's a sixty eight sack guy.
Speaker 4: So so as long as he picks up the offense and he can go through his reads quickly, I mean, I think sky's the limit.
Speaker 1: Pharrell just looked it up. Caleb Williams last year was sacked exactly sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Times the number right, wrong? Yeah, that happened, you know, So, John, you're neutral on Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I like.
Speaker 4: I like him at where he's getting drafted. I mean, it just comes with some risk, right, so he can't be like your only QB.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, in early October or even mid October, I guess they were four and two and they looked like they were going in the right direction, and then you know, queels fall off and everything went to hell. Deebo Samuel is no longer forty nine er, and I thought I would never see that Deebo Samuel playing in another uniform. But to me, that's a little more shocking than even Austin Eckler playing in a commander. Shoot, what is he going to have a year? That reminds us that of who Deebo Samuel is, you know, historically drafted in the third round and usually plays above his draft position in Fantasy ball. Tell us what's going to happen down the road from you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I like Deebo. The question is this whether again, whether age is catching up to him or not. I mean, it kind of looked like it might be last year, but if he if he can, you know, if he's got another year in him. He's just such a diverse player that you can use so many different ways around the line of scrimmage. And I think with you know, Jade and Daniels there, I mean, I think they have got a lot of a lot of potential for him to put up some some decent points, especially like I mean, you don't have to take him in the third round anymore. So I think where he's going, it's worth it's worth the risk. And yeah, I was shocked to see him get moved too. I mean, he and Kittle were like the seem to be the core of that Niners team. And so that makes me, you know, wonder a little bit like what what were the Niners saying that they were willing to let him go? But I mean, I'll take the gamble with whatever round I took him in. It might might have been the eighth round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in this Cenisis draft, you ended up grabbing him, Deebo Samuel it was the eighth round, they eight whatever it would be, eight to eight. And I think what's interesting about that is to kind of what you were saying already, John, this is not a third round player anymore, but he could return potentially. The ceiling is third round value, right Deebo Samuel, Wide receiver thirty eight. Even if you don't like Deebo Samuel, I think you have to start taking a long look at him when you get to that middle of the seventh round, when you get to b where John Terry was, the middle of the eighth round, and you know Calvin Ridley, Jordan Addison, Juwan Jennings, those are your options there. Deebo Samuel looks awfully, awfully shiny. We'll see what happens there. Now another receiver that was had already had his heyday and his best football is behind him, but we don't know if he has some good football and score. Now you have to go a little bit further down the draft board to see Cooper Cups thing after Deebo Samuel. The Cooper up is a going at the nine oh seven cup is the wide receiver forty five? Right now, this is Matthew Golden Brandon AYUK Territory. Do you think that FFPC players are letting him slip too far? In drafts? Oftentimes we see these, you know, one of these aging receivers kind of defy the odds and then come out of nowhere and you know, churn out a top twenty season and he's a wide receiver forty five right now, John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think in the in Genesis, I think I took him at ten to eight. I think it's where I got him. And uh yeah, I mean I he's another guy that's worth the risk, right, I mean it could be that he's done, but if he is, then you know, you move on and you grab someone else. But he's got that high ceiling still, so he's worth the gamble.
Speaker 2: Guys. The Seattle Seahawks paid forty four million on a two year contract for this player. Yeah, I don't think he's done. I think I think we can follow that money and we can. You know, he had best physical before he got that deal, right, Yeah. I don't think we're doing.
Speaker 1: Just real quick about Cup Parrell. The other thing to keep in mind to your point, really is what did the Seahawks do outside of signing Cup. They traded DK Metcalf to the Seaboard. They let Tyler Lockett go, who's now with the Titans, and then in the draft. I know there's a lot of pundits out there that we're saying Seattle's gonna take a receiver in the first round or on Day two, especially with that extra second round pick they got from Pittsburgh. They didn't take a receiver until the fifth round, and then they took another one in the seventh. So to me, like, and I've been trying to tell myself a Tory Horton's story in Dynasty Drafts, right, that this guy's gonna take over that cup is dust and the twenty twenty six is gonna be the year Tory Horton. But at the same time, I think we have to understand what is John Schneider doing there. He is basing his team, or at least his wide receiver room around two guys Smith and Jagba and Cooper Cup and maybe we, as f FPCs as in Fantasy football drafters should be taking notice of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my only question about that is, like, you probably want to play both those guys in the slot, So I don't know exactly how that passing game is going to look. But again, I still think he's worked the risk. I mean, you got to take JSN and what like around early round three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right, John, three oh two, Right, now wide receiver thirteen for Smith and.
Speaker 2: Bunkie. Well where did where did Brooks go to school?
Speaker 1: Uh? Taj Brooks was that Texas?
Speaker 4: I want to say Texas Tech?
Speaker 1: It was Texas Tech. They are no stranger, those Red Raiders to not having great defenses but having high flying offenses.
Speaker 2: Yea, they Devin Neil and bshard Smith. Who your favorite of those guys? Who do you like the on those running backs? Because I have said it earlier tonight and I've been beating the drum for this, that Bucky Irving last year was no mistake and we're going to find multiple Brookie Irvings in this deep draft the fifth, sixth, seventh round, even earlier than that, but definitely in those rounds there's going to be some star power that really can make Fantasy football difference. Who do you like best? Or do you like all three of them? And you know, educate the listeners about them.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I if I had to pick one, even though he's going the latest, I would take Pash Brooks. He is the most well rounded of the backs, and I mean he the Bengals other than if something happens to Chase Brown, I think he's going to be the number two, and he one of the things that he had positive grades on coming out of school was his pass protection. So I mean, I think he could be a three down back. I mean I think last year. The interesting stat coming out for the college running backs last year is two running backs last year rushed for over one hundred yards in every game. Yes, one was Ashton genty and the other one was Brooks.
Speaker 1: Just comparing these three guys here, Devin Neil, I think his athletic profile has turned me off so much, and I know that he could be the guy in twenty twenty six because Kendrick Miller has failed to stay on the field and you know, Alan Kamara, I don't know how much juice is left in the tank there. So Neil is more of like a twenty twenty six play hard to like him this year. And then Richard Smith, I mean, all these people are falling, all older them. For Brishard Smith, it's like there's still Pacheco there, right, Yeah, they went out and signed up the guy from San Francisco, Elijah. Elijah Mitchell is there as well. So but Brooks, to your point, John, if if something were to happen to Chase Brown. They do have Zach Moss there. He's coming off a pretty serious injury. And I never really thought Chase Brown was gonna be able to be a bell Cown. Perhaps the Bengals maybe don't want him being a three down guy. They want somebody else rotating in. And I think Brooks is that that has a lot of possibilities for best ball and for redraft too. That's the type of guy you stash on your bench. And and if if Chase Brown misses like it might only be like a three or four week span, but all of a sudden, Brooks becomes flexible there. And I think that's what makes him attractive.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And I mean those other guys are worth taking, you know, just shots on late and you can drop them if they don't turn into anything. But I mean with Brooks, I mean Brooks versus Neil for instance, I mean, what's what's Neil's upside? I mean, would you rather have the back from the Bengals or the Saints?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, and then my biggest problem with with Smith is that he's kind of the opposite in Brooks and that he's starting at zero in past protection and I mean, how what's it going to take for them to put him out there with Mahomes. You know, I don't know. I mean, he may get playing time, he may not.
Speaker 1: Email here, we're gonna keep it on the running back situation in the AFC North, but we'll go to Cleveland here rich In kerns Utah. John wants to know our FFPC drafters wrong to bury Jerome Ford right now. The Browns thank you for the email, rich In kerns Utah. We appreciate it. But you look at the Browns in the draft Quinn Shawn Judkins early in the second round, and then they double down and they take Dylan Samson out of Tennessee, and Jerome Ford's like, I'm still on this team right running back sixty seven is where FFPC players are taking him. In the Big Girl, he goes at the sixteen to oh nine. Clearly the most proven running back there right now is Ford, at least from a professional standpoint, John, probably another guy you're just taking a stab on late. Is the juice worth to squeeze? Is is it worth taking a guy like him? Knowing that this is a young man's game, and the Browns invested into two young men in rookies. This year that they think are a big part of their future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean this is a hard one. I mean, he Ford coming in this year was one of my most own Dynasty running backs. And to say I was less than thrilled after the draft understatement. But I mean with bringing in both Judkins and Samson, I mean I think Ford's gonna play early. But yeah, I mean the writing's on the wall. I mean, regardless of whether we think he's a good player, Cleveland's coaching staff obviously disagrees, you know.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too, is and then the schedule came out tonight. The buys don't start till week five, and and so maybe you could use Ford in September, maybe early October. But then once you once you need to start plugging him in for bye week guys. That could be like Judkins take maybe he has the control of the backfield at that point. So what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard to see his role because I mean, even if Judkins is like the early down guy, and then and then Samson comes in as the pass catching back, I mean, where exactly does Ford play?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know. I have a question. Has Ford ever won you anything in fantasy.
Speaker 1: He has plugged in for me in certain weeks where I was happy I started him. I don't know if he's ever won me a championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, the same for me. But again, like did we even draft for He was probably a way rewired guy that I picked up, So it's not like I invested a ton in him. But I mean, he passes the eye test. On the field, he looked like a decent play. I mean, he was definitely a hull of a lot better than Chubb last year.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just like one of your favorite players that passed test and scored forty five points in a week for me, that Claypool. You know, it's a big Claypool guy because the eye test and the fact that he won some things for me.
Speaker 1: You know, to add another email here for you. This is coming from Jay in Queens. He writes, Hya, John, does zach Ertz have one more good season in him? Thank you? Thank you Jay and Queens for the email. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Ertz.
Speaker 1: Right now, John in the FFPC big Gorilla. His ADP is sitting at Do I do I not see it here?
Speaker 2: Way down there?
Speaker 1: Maybe I didn't scroll down far enough. I know where they're taking zach Ertz right now, tight end twenty two at the twelve eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say somewhere on the thirteenth round. I mean I did a big gorilla a couple of nights ago and I lost out on tight end almost everywhere, and I took him on that team, I think in the thirteenth round, and I think he's I think he's got another year in him. I mean he's kind of like that guy that's like, I don't know, a Jason Witten or somebody like that. I mean he does at his age, he doesn't have to be a great athlete. He just has to run down the field, find open spot and turn around and catch the ball, right kind of what like what Travis? Yeah, you get a point in a half every time?
Speaker 2: Right? So I mean I think I think he's fantastically athletic and a quarterback that needs him. Oh how I wanted to interrupt when you said I did a big gorilla bus saying that's what she said, but I held it really did I there's.
Speaker 1: Done cap When you need him, he would be broiling on the floor right now.
Speaker 4: I did not want to.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: You like ERT's at the twelve eleven John better than his real life teammate Ben Sinnat at seventeen twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't see Sina playing a lot this year. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a cautionary trail of everyone that says the rookie is going to take the job away from you. Remember how they just just gave the job. Everyone in fantasy football is just giving the job.
Speaker 1: It's it's not unlike and like, I know you guys aren't baseball guys, but like when you play fantasy baseball, it's like how many times did did did do people pick up the closer in waiting off the waiverwhere all this guy's got the best stuff, he's, he's, he's, he misses bats, and and then the old crafty veteran who just seems to get it done. It just continues to be the closer. And all these guys that that everybody just assumes it was gonna be the guy never becomes the guy. The list is long for that, and the list is long for you know, rookies that just were expected to seize the job and they never did, or they haven't.
Speaker 2: Yet, John, what's bulky talking about?
Speaker 1: I know I shouldn't have brought that up. At least I didn't bring up a basketball or a hockey raper.
Speaker 2: Oh remember when I said it would be a slam dunk. I was hung my head in shame.
Speaker 1: Well pick your head up, Farrell, because we have to ask John the most important question.
Speaker 2: Of this is, and I don't last week's guest the gentleman that joined us last week, Balky from Arizona.
Speaker 1: Yes, Scott Priziki.
Speaker 2: Scott was on fire. You know, for a guy that doesn't have any vows in his name, he's a well rounded player and he he answered this question better than anybody. But I thought about it. I said, you know what, it's going to be a one week grain because this is the greatest question for John Terry. I want to know who you will not touch, the guy you were looking to avoid, and the guy you must have. But the reasons you don't like players are so well rooted in disgust of their actual being as a football player. So forward to looking at the guy that will not make your draft sheets. That's the one I want to hear first. Well, I'll take them in any order. You want to give him, but I am on the edge of must seats.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the one that discussed me the most that I just won't touch at all. And I'll never have him on any of my drafts. There's no way you're going to get me the draft Brandon Ayuk this year, No way. I mean, he's good, he's coming that. No, I was not.
Speaker 1: But I'm curious to hear this.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know he's going in like the ninth round, but he's coming off a pretty bad injury. You know, maybe maybe he's going to come back middle of the year, best case scenario. And I think he's only had flashes of being a good player, don't I don't think he really even established himself before the injury as someone that was really good. I mean, he had he had his problem getting on the field in San Francisco, problems with the coaching staff, and then he flashed for a while. I just don't think he's that good.
Speaker 1: The other things too. And I brought this up and I promise it's the last baseball reference of the night, But I was listening to a fantasy baseball analyst talk about this a few years ago, and during drafting season, and I think this is something that I've done in all my fantasy leagues. I rarely draft players that are already hurt coming into the season, or maybe a better way to put it is not healthy coming into the season. Because I know my guys that I draft who are healthy, a lot of them are gonna get hurt. So why am I adding on these injured guys at the start of the season. It just makes it a lot more harder to manage.
Speaker 4: I agree, especially like FFPC. I mean it's a it's a shorter season.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. So we had we've had a doubleheader of baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Know you know you're not on Auke john Is There is there somebody that that you're on maybe later on in the draft, a guy that you've really been targeting when we get to the double digit.
Speaker 4: Rounds, well by two, the two guys I like most versus ADP are early guys. I think the guys FFPC that are going later than they should are Trey McBride and Rashie Rice. Okay, those are those are both guys I want to have on as many teams seconds as I can. I know I know McBride's probably going around like end of the first round, but I think he should be going like sixth or seventh in the first round. I mean, if you look at his I mean, no one is questioning Bowers this year. I haven't seen anyone that's like down on Bowers at all. And I mean, if you like the touchdowns kind of come and go right, and if you add added three touchdowns to McBride last year, he's the same as Bowers and his situation hasn't really changed. I mean, I don't think his QB is any worse than a Bower situation. I mean, he seems to be his favorite target. I just think he should be going about the same place that Bowers goes. And then Rice, I think people haven't caught up to the one that he is very likely not going to serve any kind of suspension this year, given the status of his legal case, and then or lack of legal case, I should say, and then I think on tape. I don't know about you guys, but when I watched Rice play when he was healthy and he was playing well with the Chiefs, and then when I watched Worthy last year, it's pretty clear to me on film that Rice is a better player than Worthy. I know they're different, and I think Rice will be the alpha in that offense. And if Kelsey, you know, he's another year older, he could slow down. And if they put Worthy more into the role that he should be playing in, I mean, I think Rice should be going late second round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going right now, Rishie. Rice is three to eleven wide receiver seventeen. I will be the first to admit I was really impressed and I was wrong about Xavier Worthy last year. I thought he did some things, especially down the stretch, that I didn't think he was going to be capable of, especially as a rookie. But I think a lot of that was out of necessity because you had Kelsey slowing down, you had no Rice. Hopkins was basically dust, and they couldn't really get a whole lot going with the running game surprisingly too, so I think a lot of that stuff with Worthy, they just had to have somebody this year. To your point, I think he's going to be more that traditional field flipper. He's going to get his you know, as far as you know, stuff over the middle and underneath routes. But I think you're going to see a lot more Rashid Rice, and I think from from a fantasy standpoint, I think you want to have more Rice than Worthy this year for sure, So I'm with you on that as well. And I will see on the McBride tip and Parrell, I don't know how you feel about this. Wouldn't surprise me at all as we get deeper into drafting season that Bowers and McBride are going, like, you know, instead of Bowers being at the one oh five and McBride going at the one twelve, can see McBride up at the one o seven in the one o six. I'm almost positive we're going to see that in some of the varsitys and the high societies and the big paybacks out at Paris and in Las Vegas. Just if you put those guys next to each other and you look at the stats and you take the touchdowns away, you look at and like, why is this guy going you know, two thirds of a round later? He shouldn't be. And I think that's what's going to happen as we get closer.
Speaker 4: I think exactly, yeah, I think they're seiling higher too, because I mean we're talking about that touchdown differential. But I mean they both had upside to pick up because it was like the one guy had four touchdowns, the other guy had one. Yeah, and they still put up all those points because really, in the point and a half for FFPC, if you get tight ends that catch over a hundred balls, I mean that's worth a ton.
Speaker 2: Bulky, may I have a pop up question?
Speaker 1: Just real yes you can, just real quick, just real quick. Bowers had one more catch than McBride last year. Yeah, Bowers had fifty begging pardon, forty eight more receiving yards and then technically he only had three more touchdowns because McBride did get that weird rushing touchdown in week fifteen or whatever it was. But but yeah, I mean they are there there. It's like the Spider Man meme where they're pointing at each other. That's kind of how it is. Farrell Elliott's pop up question and pop up question.
Speaker 2: And I could be wrong. Is I don't listen to as much content as as you do, John and Bulky as you produce. But I think the thing that I'm hearing the least about is most intriguing to me is our new h is our new receiver. Adams at the Los Angeles Rams, and I would really like to hear first of all, I would like your opinion, if I'm correct on that that it just doesn't seem to be a lot of commentary about it, and I just I'm curious what John sees from that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I like Adams. I think he's gonna I think he's gonna play well with the Rams. I like Stafford, I like the offense, like mcvayh and I mean they've always had, you know, condensed targets, So I think it's gonna be him and Puka with Kyron running the ball. And I mean, we'll see if we get much of anything out of the tight end. I don't know, you know, I don't really see Ferguson coming out of the gate and being all that. Maybe towards the end of the year. But you know, Adams didn't show me anything last year for me to think that he's done. And he was also when I won the Genesis League last year, he was on my team and he pretty much carried me last couple of weeks of the playoffs. I really like Adams this year.
Speaker 2: There you go, And you know, I really like Tom Smith. It's just a real subtle hint there to you, John, just a public service announcement, especially for you. You know, our guys are counting down the days. John. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I will say I'm working on it as I have. I have a home league that I've been in since nineteen ninety one that always drafts that Saturday that you guys are in Louisville. It's like a fixed state on the calendar, and that's always the weekend.
Speaker 1: That we draft. But we have a.
Speaker 2: You to come in online. We'll get you.
Speaker 4: So I did convince Bip lab to come to Vegas. So he's going to be co owning some main events with me. So if he makes a trip down to Kentucky this year, there's a chance that I'll.
Speaker 2: He already he already owns a ticket.
Speaker 1: I will just real quick about the Davante Adams thing. Where he's going in drafts right now. I think you can make a case. I'm not saying I would do this, but I think you can make a case for him over McLaurin. I definitely think that there are people taking him again ahead of tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: I would take him over both those guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then I would take him over Marvin Harrison. He's already going ahead of DJ Moore. I'd take him ahead of him and Mike Evans for sure. An xavier' Worthy obviously, I think the one guy he's going next to that I don't think I would take him over is the guy you were just talking about John in Rashid Rice. I think that I would take him over Adams. But Adams at the floural one right now, you know, real warm, toasty and cozy with him as my second or third receiver there for sure.
Speaker 2: And person drops about Stafford And that's a good point too, Bulk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you consider that Stafford is going to have Nakua and to me, a massive upgrade on Cooper Cup last year in Devonte Adams. And to your point, John it I think Ferguson Moore comes on at the end of the year. But yeah, I think Stafford going as late as he is. That's another steal. I just think you have to be careful with Stafford. I mean, Pooka has had these great years, Cups had these I mean, how many games are you pointing to where you said Stafford put up great stats. I mean it's such a dense targets there that like Puka gets fifteen catches.
Speaker 4: For one hundred and eighty yards and Stafford doesn't even get to three hundred yards.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know there there is something to be said for that, however, I think that's baked into his ADPs being.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I agree for where you're getting him. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I would not say he is the panacea that you need for your fantasy football team, but I would say, like in a pinch, if you need. I mean, I think about some of my quarterback situations the last couple of years where I'm scrambling for like a warm body out the waiver wire. If I if I could look to Stafford on a bye week or injury, yeah, I'm gonna have limited expectations. But at the same time, the Coop and Adams, I feel a lot better about it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he's just one of those guys that's a much better NFL quarterback.
Speaker 1: And fantasy for sure, absolutely, at least now back in the day on those bad Lions teams, and he was chucking the ball all over the Vanis and juicy scores back then for fantasy.
Speaker 2: Even about the j night they announcement schedule. Do you do you spend much time reviewing that schedule.
Speaker 4: At all? The only thing that I looked at and this, this kills me every year and this what is this maybe like fourth or fifth year now, But no, I mean I play a lot of half PC, right, and I play a lot of the main evsion big Gorilla. And I always like look at the playoff weeks and because like in order to make money, like it's great to try to win the million dollars, right, but you got to win your share of your individual leagues. So I immediately looked and I see that San Francisco, the Giants, the Pats, and the Panthers, all their players went down in value to me because you're not going to have any of them for the title game.
Speaker 1: And but and I will say this too, like Okay, it is the Panthers, it is the Patriots. It could have been worse, like it could have been like the Commanders or the Bills or the Lions or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it could have It could have been worse.
Speaker 2: But I mean it could have been six teams if you got a neighbors McCaffrey kittle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's not great it's not great to be perfect, as.
Speaker 4: You got to work around it. But it's just that, like you're drafting some of your teams before you have this information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I know like a lot of people will now are going to spend tonight John going back on all their basketball teams and see, like where the holes are for their bye weeks for like kickers and defense. Like, ah god, all three of my kickers have the same bye week. That's always fun to look back on as well. It is always fun to talk to you, my friend, John Terry, the twenty twenty four FFPC Genesis Champion, a guy who has won more Fantasy Football leagues than I think I've even entered as far as his FFPC leagues go. We will hopefully see you in Kentucky. We'll see you in Las Vegas at Paris, John, and keep up all that great choreographed genius that you have had going on during drafting season, my friend.
Speaker 4: All right, good talking to you, guys.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you got it. That's John Terry, Ladies and gentlemen, twenty twenty four f FPC Genesis Champ. Will he defend his belt in twenty twenty five? That remains to be seen Farrell, I wanted just to tell everybody once again, KFFFC dot com is where to go. The ten thousand dollars Best Ball Tournament is live. You'll want to sign up for those. I'm already into myself, and then obviously the kf f s C main event. I'm in a slow main event draft right now. I'm in a couple of draft masters as well. So the action not only hot and heavy at the f f PC, but kff SC dot com as well.
Speaker 2: We welcome everyone to come give it a shot.
Speaker 1: Ferrel, I will talk with you again, not this Friday, but next Friday. Man, thanks so much for hanging out with me in the middle of the week.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Balki, and I'll say a brief so long that I'm gonna be I'm gonna miss two weeks of our upcoming shows, so I'll I'm gonna be awfully sad about that, miss you during the month of all right, and I'll be back in June.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the twenty third and the thirtieth you are off, but you will return after that.
Speaker 2: I can't. Yes, and it's just breaking my heart.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know. Well, we will will find some way to get through it. We will talk with you again in June. Have a great rest of the week, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you sir.
Speaker 1: That is Farrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. Tom wants to know Tom Smith right now in the chat? How many teams Week fourteen? By four? And once again nobody on Week thirteen buys. But there are four teams in Week fourteen, and I believe John said it was the Niners, the Patriots, the Panthers, and the Giants was the other one. So those will be the teams that are off on League Championship Week for the FFPC. Like I said, it could have been a lot worse. I want to thank John, Terry, Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Bryce, and of course each and every one of you. We will be back Friday, not this Friday, but the next Friday, which is the twenty third of May. Five time FFPC Dynasty champ Adam Tontas will join us. I know I said he was going to be on tonight. I screwed that up. Adam is going to join us on the twenty third, so that'll be a lot of fun. In case you missed last Thursday Nights Insider access show in the Better Sports Network, Dave Tterpoli and I covered the hard Way Big Gorilla Draft. We had player interviews featuring a bbag but Toba, Darren Armani, Theo Greminger, Bradley Staller. They all stop by to talk about their drafts as we covered it. We will be live once again tomorrow at seven o'clock Eastern Time until nine RODA wires. Alan Sislowski is gonna be my guest co host tomorrow evening. That's gonna be a lot of fun for sure. FFPC Big Gorilla, f FPC Main Event, f FPC Best Ball, FFPC Super Flex Bestball Tournaments at f FPC Dynasty Startups. Check about at my f FPC dot com. KFFFC dot com is where to go for the ten K Bestball Tournament and the kfff C Man Events. If you're not drafting right now, I don't know why you're watching this. Make sure you're getting out there putting this to good use. Have some fun drafting. You never know when you could win life changing money. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment out of the video, share it with your friend, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be tomorrow on f FPC Insider Access with myself and rods Alan Sislowski. Your weekend kind of starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com.
Speaker 1: It was broadcast live and was watched around the world.
Speaker 3: Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are.
Speaker 1: Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week. Yes, one other thing I did forget to mention, I'm not on it, but the FFPC live draft coverage will continue this coming Tuesday, I believe at nine pm Eastern time, Aiden Lacory Daveterpoli covering a live FFPC Big Gorilla Draft And if you want to sign up for that and see what those guys have to say live on YouTube in the FFPC socials, I do believe there are still spots available for that. I'm looking it up right now just to confirm, yes, live on YouTube. There's only one team in that draft and it's at eight pm Eastern time on Tuesday, So if you want to be live on YouTube, have everybody hear what they think of your draft. Sign up now at MYFFPC dot com. Thanks so much everybody for tuning in on a Wednesday show, and I will talk with you again tomorrow night with Alan Kislowski.
Speaker 2: Be good,