Speaker 1: Time for the nine first morning one forecast. We have roalds of rain and showers. A love when they put that word in there, anyway, also maybe some storms, so watch out for that. Eighty for the high today, overnight clouds no rain though sixty seven for the low. Rain returns tomorrow afternoon in the evening and storms could develop as well. It'll be mostly cloudy day and a high eighty overnight lowes sixty five with rain likely and Saturday mostly cloudy day. They say they can't rule out rain for the weekend, but it doesn't look likely. Saturday SI seventy seven. It's seventy one right now, in time for a traffic updates.
Speaker 2: From the UCUP Traffic Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts at u see help learn more at u sehealth dot com. Cruise continue to work with a couple of accidents. He'spound two seventy five left hand side near Winton that backs traffic past Hamilton Avenue, then at Mostellar on the right hand side. I'm no longer seeing the delay from seven twenty five northbound seventy five is heavy out of Saint Bernard, making your way towards Blacklin. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty one fifty five KO see the talk station. Real exciting day for me in studio representing District forty five here in the state of Ohio, Jennifer Grows. Always great to see. It's been too long since I've seen you, but it's a real pleasure having you here today.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Brian. It's good to be here.
Speaker 1: All right. Since we were on the topic of property taxes, you were listening, I will we heard Dusty and I know there's a budget going on now and all these things we're going to talk about the budget. We're certainly going to talk about Medicaid because you're on the Medicaid board. And I don't know if you heard my conversation with Jack windsor earlier. He got the report regarding the Lexus Nexus dive into income levels and how terrible that was that all these people out there, some people with a million dollar plus resources, still on the Medicaid system. Medicaid fraud, waste and abuse has been a known problem here in the state of Ohio. For a long time. So for my listeners, we will definitely get to that. But I want to start with the property tax thing, because you know there's that petition being circulated. Just eliminate it all together. And I'm struggling with how I mean. While it sounds like a wonderful idea because I hate looking at my property tax bill, which has gone up dramatically since we built a house, but I don't know how funding for anything would work in the absence of that, since everything is built around that property tax. So putting that issue aside, there is that petition circulating, but in terms of what we were warned about this potential second round of Matt Nolan, president of the County Auditors Association, speaking with Paula Krishnaver at CPO, said, listen, you embrace yourself. It's coming again. You're going to see another twenty percent jump, right, And there are seniors out there. I feel so sorry for seniors on a fixed income and they've been in their house, it's all paid off. They think they've got nothing to worry about except me, and it's an upkeep and then boom, you get a property tax bill that's jumped by one thousand dollars or something crazy like that. So how do we address this? Dusty said, this is the genesis of this was that twenty mili floor that the school's got, which allows them to get an ever increasing larger and larger amount, which is why our tax bills keep going up.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: What's your take to all this?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, Brian, you know, we know that homeowners are being crushed by property tax, and especially our over sixty five who've given largely they've lived in the community's twenty thirty forty years, but they have unrecognized gains on their homes and so a lot of people we can't wait for them to move and say move to somewhere else and use your record your unrecognized gains. So it's an issue that the House is very very aware of. And we do actually have a bill, it's HB one eighty six. But let me say we have a group of bills and we're calling this from the House. Just came out yesterday in Columbus at a press release with Representatives Roma and Representative David Thomas, and we're calling it the Property Tax Relief Now Act. So HB one six is the one that addresses the twenty mil floor. And what it would do is it limits the growth of the school district twenty mil floor to the rate of inflation. So what that means is the only increase the schools would get. Remember how Dusty was talking about the windfall again, Well, this would limit it to the rate of inflation.
Speaker 3: Now, I understand that the.
Speaker 4: Average person who works for a capitalistic company and not the government doesn't typically get a three point five percent raise every year. However, it will limit the schools. That that bill will limit the schools to a and the rate of inflation, which will greatly help because we do see that in anuary we will have another windfall of property tax increase and we can't have that.
Speaker 1: No, we cannot. But you know, in terms of addressing the schools, oh my god, what are we gonna do. We don't get an increase. We can't keep up with inflation. Problem solved, that's right, Oh, yes, that's right. And fortunately, at least right now, projections indicate and we've already seen the inflation is down. Now, it's gonna be terrible in years where you have like nine percent inflation, But if you're looking at a two which is what the FED usually is looking for in terms of acceptable desirable. Just like two percent, most of us can swallow.
Speaker 3: That, that's right.
Speaker 1: I can swallow a two percent increase of my property tax built, but not a thirty percent increase.
Speaker 3: That's right, and it will be recalculated.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a It creates a property tax credit that's equal to the amount of the tax generated by the twenty mil floor. And I can't get into particular details. This just came out yesterday, but I'd encourage everyone to talk to their legislator.
Speaker 3: But this is a whole entire pack. So not only does.
Speaker 4: It address the twenty mil floor, but it also addresses those that are on the homestead exemption. It gives local government the opportunity to match what the state does so the funding. Remember that your local property tax. Let me be really clear to every single listener, All of your local property tax stays local. The state makes the laws that affect those taxes, but all of the taxes you pay stay local. None of it goes to the state when it's your property tax. So we need to remember that we have to address the local spending. You had mentioned early earlier, Brian that you'd be okay with paying some maybe an increased sales tax, and.
Speaker 1: That way everybody participates.
Speaker 4: Well, and that is something that I've heard from my constituents. They talk about, how, you know, we have a school levy and everybody votes yes on the levee except for maybe some of our elderly who are on a homestead exemption. They don't want their property taxes to go up, but everybody votes yes. School levies pass. But here's the thing. If you don't own property, there's no skin off your teeth.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: In this way, it will require local governments because there's more coming. We'll talk probably more about this today, but it will require potentially counties to consider an increase in sales tax and also potentially an income tax for the school systems because there is an opportunity for them to do that if they so choose, But the people get to vote on that.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, let's pause, We'll bring Jennifer Gross back. We got a whole hour with her, and this has been enlightening, to say the least so far. Seven thirty seven fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Let me steer you in the right direction when it comes to dentistry. A lot of people don't like the dentist. I was like to say, I love going to dentists because I go to doctor Fred Peck and doctor Meghan Frus teamed up with doctor Fred Peck. She met his rigorous vetting standards and that speaks volumes of doctor Meghan Frew and the listeners who've let me know that they've gotten dental treatment from doctor Frue just talk about how much they love her. She is such a nice lady and of course an eminently qualified dentists working on her way to accreditation with the academic American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, following Fred Peck's steps. Fred is a fellow with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry. And now you see the before and after pictures of the work that he has done transformative cosmetic dander dentistry. We're talking about life changing dentistry. So, folks, you hate your smile. You one of the people who keeps their hand up in front of their mouth when they're talking because you're afraid that people are going to see your eth You need doctors Peck and Freud, trust me on that. And for general dentistry, it's always the most state of the art clinic, all there for your well, it's for your benefit. Sedation dentistry, yes, they do that. The team, the staff all wonderful people. So you're in the right place for all things dentistry with doctors Peck and Fru. To learn more, check out the website Peck peckpecksmiles dot com. Call for an appointment five one three six seventy six sixty six six one seventy six sixty six fifty five KRC the talk station. Are you drinking? Here's your Channa nine first one of wether forecast rain and showers and maybe some strong storms in waves today. Eighty for the high overnight it's going to be no rain that it'll be cloud he's low sixty seven. We have afternoon evening showers and storms developing tomorrow. Otherwise a mostly cloudy start. Eighty for the high tomorrow overnight low sixty five. Rain continues and then Saturday shouldn't get any rain. That are to be mostly cloudy with a highest seventy seven seventy one degrees. Now, let's see what Chuck has.
Speaker 5: On travel from the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dimensions. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more.
Speaker 5: You see health dot com. Rex are clear.
Speaker 2: He spend two seventy five at Winton and Moss Stellar northbound seventy five, continued slow buttermilk into the cut and from above seventy four into Lachland. That's a fifteen minute to lay alone southbound seventy five, quite through Blackman as well. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven if you have krc DE talk station bry Thomas, Jennifer Gross, State Representative Gross and District forty five talking property taxes. Welcome, refreshing a dose of information here. We have local tax commissions and how do they factor into this property tax equation? Is your mic on? I don't know you are now it is it on? So well?
Speaker 4: The local and I'm not an expert in all things all things, but there's a local tax commission at every county and they have the ability to work within your sales tax and raise revenue that way. So Representative Thomas and others have been trying to go around the state and say, hey, you can take a little prop you can take a little pressure off of your homeowners by working within sales tax. But commissioners don't typically want to raise taxes, right, No.
Speaker 1: Let's this for a stadium. Yeah, I get that in there.
Speaker 4: Because you're from Cincinnati. I'm in Butler County. We don't have to worry about some of that. I don't take county issues, but but yeah, so, so they can be working on sales tax and that that gives buy into everybody in the county and it increases revenues so that it can take pressure off the homeowner. And that commission usually consists of three people and I don't quote me on this everybody, but I believe it's a commissioner, the prosecutor, and the auditor maybe those three.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we we have some possible relief in sight. I mean, do you have any idea what this might translate into in terms if this bill passes or this Property Tax Relief Bill Act and all that's involved with it, the you just sort of boilt down, that's right, what that might translate into in terms of reduction in tax and property taxes.
Speaker 4: The average homeowner in Ohio should see eight hundred and fifty removed from their property tax. It provides approximately three point five billion in direct property tax relief to Ohioans immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, that's going to be welcome, welcome, yep.
Speaker 4: It prevents spikes and unvoted property tax I mean, there's multiple bills. I can rattle them off, maybe we'll talk about them in this hour, but it aims to keep taxes and revenues low. It empowers local government to provide direct relief to thehi is most vulnerable through a local homestead exemption match that they can add to the state exemption. And it empowers voters to eliminate most unvoted, unvoted taxes for local governments. And it reduces the over reliance on property tax, which, as you stated earlier, was determined to be unlawful. And yeah, and we need we need to address that right now. Well, that's the Supreme Court case that I was mentioning earlier. This our school funding mechanism has been deemed unconstitutional the last twenty years. And yet it's like people complained about Donald Trump defying the courts, and you're going, oh, he's defying the courts.
Speaker 1: This is the downfall democracy. Well, we as a state have been defying our own Supreme Court now for two decades.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 3: True, a lot of people level.
Speaker 4: We also have the death penalty in Ohio, but we've had no people that have had to pay for that so during the wine years.
Speaker 1: So I'm not a fan of the death penalty because I don't believe in the state's ability to take a life away because you know what, sometimes they screw up. True, that's my only reason for not I know there's some terrible people out there that I would love to see struck down by God in a bolt of lightning, or run over by a truck, or die in some horrific meat grinder incident because they committed a horrific crime. But we know of a lot of cases where their death penalty has been overturned because somebody lied, witnesses were lying, prosecutors were lying, police didn't do their job right, and then you can't the state shouldn't be able to take a life. I don't want to go down.
Speaker 4: That's another example lot of us not following some of the laws of the land.
Speaker 3: So but I hear you on that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue with Jennifer will ultimately get to medicaid and more on the budget. But this is sort of all within the budget, and she will be talking about these six hundred million dollars for the Cleveland Browns Complex. I will ask her about that. Assume you shouldn't bring it up beforehand. It's going to happen. Stick around, folks right back. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, those are the folks to call. They do great work Zimmer does. They can take care of whatever kind of system you got, maybe got a problem, a little bump in the road, a maintenance issue. They have a maintenance program by the way, and you can get on that and they'll come over to your place on an regular basis, you know, I think annually or maybe bi annually and just keep the system running efficiently, safe, efficient and comfortable is what Zimmer has been doing for homes for more than almost eighty years. But if you get the bad news, part of being a homeowner is sometimes your HVAC system goes belly up. If it happens, it's a good time to get in touch with Zimmer because you get a Carrier comfort system rebate of fifteen one hundred and fifty bucks, take the sting out of heavy and replace the unit. Plus Carrier makes an awesome awesome system. So brand new system from carrier, fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings, all done by the trained professionals at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. So give a call till Chris Zimmer and the crew. Brian said, Hi, I when you do it five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. Check them out online. You can schedule appointment right from the websage and learn more about what they do, and they do a lot. Go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC. When the power goes out, you're lucky. John Nan tell us the following story about the weather. We got rain and showers in waves and then also maybe some storms. Eighty for the high today, overnight, cloudy in sixty seven, no rain. Rain starts in the evening Tomorrow. We'll have a cloudy day up until Ben and we get some showers and some storms developing. Eighty for the high range fteen US overnight with storms expected fit sixty five. The overnight low and highest seventy seven on Saturday, with mostly floudy skies seventy one right now. Traffic time from.
Speaker 5: The ucup Trampic Center.
Speaker 2: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Find answers from leaving brain health experts. Hey, you see help learn more at you see help dot com. Rex are clear. He spend two seventy five at Winton and Moss Stellar North Pound seventy five continued slow but a milk into the cut and from above seventy.
Speaker 5: Four into Lachlan. That's a fifteen minute to lay alone.
Speaker 2: South Pound seventy five break flights through Blochman as well. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five to fifty one, fifty five krsit talk station. I'm sorry seven to fifty one here, I'm looking at the five in fifty on my account or my clock here, I'm distracting you are distracting me, Jennifer Gross is a distraction in studio, but a welcome distraction anyhow, Jennifer from District forty five. We took breaking things down, so we really did a good job of the property tax thing. Let's start. We'll just do the tip of the iceberg in this segment as we introduce a you know, more far reaching conversation on issues related to Medicaid. Now, when I talked to Jack Windsor about this, he was looking at that one segment of the Medicaid population, the blind, disabled, and is it elderly. Yeah, okay, the ones that most needed.
Speaker 4: Yes, the ones that I walled off as a chair and didn't even touch because I thought, I mean, how do I go back to your listeners and the people and say, well, we're going to cut the age, blind and disabled off Medicaid.
Speaker 3: You'd have my head on a platter, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, theoretically, if anybody's going to be deserving of some assistance, it'll be them, Yes, But if they've got a lot of money, then they don't need to be in a public assistance program. That's where the public assistance programs comes from, or the need comes from. Duh. Then I'm not man explaining, but I'm just so disturbed by what our state's third party vendor, a company contracted out to do this kind of work, and that's Lexus Nexus. They, according to Jack Windsor, and by all accounts, have access to eighty five five percent of every everybody in the country's bank accounts. They took looked at one slice. I think it was twenty five percent of.
Speaker 4: This fifty six percent and found twenty nine percent that's outside.
Speaker 1: So they look at a little over half of the entire blind, disabled elderly community and determined that twenty three percent of them have more income, they are not qualified to be in the program. And so he goes back to the high Department of Medicaid and like, what's the deal here, and they gave him some long winded, wordy goofy response he's published it today but which basically said nothing. And my question to him is like, wait a second. They're are vendor. We trust them with the information. They're who we rely on to determine eligibility. In the first place, they determined they aren't eligible, why not send them a letter and see you're kicked out of the program. And if they said were like, what, well, I don't have that kind of money, they can come back and try to present evidence that it's not their money or they don't have it, or Lexus Nexus was wrong. That's this simple solution that would result in billions of dollars in savings. What the hell?
Speaker 4: Yes, and let's pull that out. Four thousand Ohio Medicaid beneficial areas were found to be holding one hundred thousand to nine hundred nine hundred ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine in assets, and twelve people had over a million dollars and they were on Medicaid. Let's break that down for that population, they're getting in benefits two thousand, four hundred and ninety nine dollars a month. So the taxpayer is on the hook for those four thousand people who do not qualify or twenty nine percent at two thousand, four hundred and ninety nine dollars a month times twelve times every year they were on You can do the math. That's where the billions of waste is coming from.
Speaker 1: That would address a lot of claimed budget shortfalls.
Speaker 4: In their legs and property tax. I mean, like we should be moving now. We need to be clear the federal government matches. We pay thirty five cents every dollar. The federal government would call it a pool down. I do not like it. Ohio is thirty to thirty five percent dependent on the federal government, and we could talk about this in the budget.
Speaker 1: That's our neighbors in every other state, the taxpayers that I mean, I don't care. It's federal government money. That's our money. I don't want people in Kentucky for paying for our fraud, waist and abuse. I mean, that's what pisses me off so much. I just see I'm getting unhinged here, Jennifer, right. I mean, it's always well, the federal government's gonna pay. Well, you know, you go ahead and expand medicating your state because the federal government's gonna cover ninety percent of the expansion. Damn it, that's taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 3: There's the federal government we are. That's right, that's right. People forget We're gonna draw that down.
Speaker 4: And don't even get me started on snap benefits that are spent in Orlando, Florida.
Speaker 1: See again, if they would more closely look at that, if we would more closely looked at if all the states out there would finally say, no, Moss, We're gonna do a deep dive on this. Now, welcome to the world of artificial intelligence. It's made the job of ferreting out so much easier. I'm sure some geek like Elon Musket put it into a computer and have it spit out in like five seconds. Got the list of people who aren't eligible, regardless of which program we're talking about, and we'd all save we could probably cut a trillion dollars out of the government spending every year.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you aren't kidding even more.
Speaker 1: Let's bring Jennifer back. It's seven and fifty five, coming up with some fifty six more to talk about in the next hour. We ah, hadn't they spent another half hour with Jennifer here in studio. I'm looking forward to that. Stay around, be right back. Another update coming up. The day's top story's at the top of the hour. Important issues that are facing this country on fifty five krs the talk station. Now Russia and US terrorists in the market every day, every day happens here on fifty five krs the talk station eight oh five, A fifty about KRC decok station. Having a really enjoyable conversation here cut through the chaff and focusing on the week with Jennifer Gross High State Representative District forty five. Outspoken she is, and I really appreciate your conviction. You know, it's it's nice to have a politician who knows exactly where they're coming from and why they're coming from where they're coming from. So in our on air and off air discussions. That's come through very loud and clear. You know, there's little term Barbara Streiss and BS. There's a lot of BS politicians out there, and you have no idea whether what they're saying is the truth a lie. They're just trying to appease you for the moment to get you to leave them alone. But you know there's Congressman Massey out there who you know exactly where that guy's going to vote. You know exactly why he's going to vote, way ahead of time. You don't need he doesn't need to utter a symbol. Still, Will you just show me a piece of legislation I could look at and say, Massy's going to be a yes, or Massy's going to be another Congressman Davidson. That's very similar.
Speaker 4: My congressman, best congressman in Ohio if I don't say so myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And Massey with his debt clock, I mean, how do how do we we need a debt clock in Ohio to be able to show we're not in debt?
Speaker 1: But Trump wants to scrap the debt ceiling outright.
Speaker 3: Spending.
Speaker 1: I mean it's saying, you know, I'm usually in line with what Trump wants to do. And you know, anytime I criticize Trump, oh my god, I'll get an earful oh Temple, you know I do. But you know, it's like listeners are called. We say, Brian, I agree with like eighty eighty percent of what you say, or I believe that I agree with about ninety percent of what you say. It's a pretty good batting average. I'll take that, and I exactly everybody who agree with me one hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 4: Your wife does Your wife agree with you one hundred percent of mine doesn't.
Speaker 1: Of course she's listening right now.
Speaker 3: My husband's listening.
Speaker 1: You know, if she does disagree with me something, it's going to be something so trivial because we don't fight about anything. We have nothing to fight about. We get along great. Thirty three years this.
Speaker 3: Month, wow twenty two for me.
Speaker 1: We've been together longer than thirty three years. Started dating in eighty seven.
Speaker 3: We have a bill.
Speaker 4: We have a bill that was sponsored by Representative Beth Lear and Josh Williams that focuses on the foundation of the nuclear family with a mom and a dad. The month between Mother's Day and Father's Day is Natural Family Month. Oh, one of those. Well, we're working on legislation for that doesn't discount o their families, right, but it does focus on the solid foundation of.
Speaker 1: There have been so many studies reflecting that. You know, part of the problem in America is the eradication of the nuclear family, and you know the Johnson administration is largely responsible for that because they would only give welfare benefits the single moms. There was no one senator to get married, no one senator to have a guy around the house.
Speaker 3: That right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, moving back to Medicaid, since you're on the Medicaid board, and we've already identified one of the problems, which is no one apparently ever gets thrown off in spite of the fact that they don't qualify. How do we fix this? I mean, I keep hearing, ah, that's the county's responsibility, or we don't do that here, And you know, somebody's got to do it. Somebody's got to pull the trigger. And then somebody's gonna have to go through and look at all the working age people who are receiving Medicaid benefits. I mean, but it's complicated. But we're talking about a return on investment that is so huge. The problem just can't be ignored any longer, especially since it's coming to our everyone's attention, most notably in that small segment that we just talked about that equals billions of dollars.
Speaker 3: That's right, Brian. I.
Speaker 4: One of my goals is chair of the Ohio Medicaid Committee, has been to open up the vision for people to see what's actually going on. One of the problems with bureaucracy, no matter where it is in government, and that includes Ohio Medicaid, is lack of transparency. So we really need to doge Ohio Medicaid. And we have a director director Jada Brady. She's the director over the Joint Medicaid Oversite Committee. And in my part of the budget, which unfortunately several of those things have been removed. Now I'm hearing in the Senate version of our budget increases transparency. Now, why we would want to decrease transparency in the Ohio budget as curious to me, as you had stated earlier. With Republicans in charge, I can't answer that, but I have a call to one of the senators on Saturday morning and I'm going to ask them about that. But I increase transparency in the budget for director braided Dobble'll see what's going on. The current director of medicaidas shall we say, not as transparent as I would like.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe because that person doesn't want to see how poorly and inefficiently the system is run.
Speaker 4: But you know, Brian, I mean, if someone's an alcoholic and they realize they have a problem, that's when we get somewhere, right, that's when they go get treatment. So if we and we know that we do in huge government programs, transparency will only help us get well. Transparency helps us fix the problem. You know what, we know we have a problem. It's like we know there's something going on, and.
Speaker 1: Quite often under those circumstances, there will be an intervention. Right, people, the family members are responsible in this particular alcoholic related type scenario. Are the representatives and senators in Columbus that need to intervene. This is one department within state government. And you all know who the problem is, and you all know where the problem is. It's time to stand up and have a sit down conversation and say you need to get your blank together and start saving you how taxpayer dollars and everybody else in the country's dollars by not wasting so much by letting the problem fester.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, Representative Davilla has been the one started the intervention.
Speaker 1: Jack Whitwindsor from early in the program got his information and that was at least he got the ball running. That's right, man, and I hope he scores it.
Speaker 4: Can can I just say Representative Davilla is a Navy commander. I mean, those of us who've been in the military are we are used to working hard, and we're also used to government, but we also are used to accountability. And I love that Representative Davilla through through people that have helped him in his district. They're the ones who brought this, you know, to his attention and showed him where to go. You know, it's a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. Davilla acted because he had someone behind him saying, hey, you probably ought to look at this. So he looks at it, and so we get transparency. We need to have that. And he's the intervener. And again as Director of Medicaid, if I can have people and other legislators bring not the Director of Medicaid, the chair of the Ohio Medicaid Committee, bring bills forward to reform this program. Every little bit.
Speaker 1: Helps, all right. I think it's a topic we could probably address in the remaining three minutes of this segment before we go to break. So six hundred million dollars for the blank in Cleveland Browns Complex. I don't want the Bengals to get state tax payer dollars that you might talk in earlier about our local tax commissions. That's where the tax came to build a stadium in the first place. That was our decision as Hamilton County voters. We made We made the wrong decision, Perhaps we made the right decision, doesn't matter. That's where it came from. I don't know if we ever got any state money for that. But I find the concept of giving private owners of businesses and mean, oh my god, it's the Bengals. No, it's a business. You know, you're not giving the guy down the street with the mom and pop store, the convenience store, whatever, state tax payer dollars. There's no line to stand in for them to hold their hand out and say, hey, can I have a part of the money. So why is it that we're supposed to pay for that in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: And why should people in southwest Ohio be taking out a bond for a Cleveland stadium?
Speaker 1: But here's that was the worst proposal because the bond would have been paid for over twenty five years with interest rates and it would have been to be more like a billion dollars. Yeah, well they've thrown that out in favor of rating this this fund that no one knew we had.
Speaker 4: I was unclaimed fun have one point seven billion.
Speaker 1: I read it was four point seven.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, baby, you're right.
Speaker 1: They got a pile of money. Oh was this grab it from that? Like wait a second. First off, you had that that pile of money, and apparently you're allowed to take from it to give it to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: And shouldn't we save that for property tax?
Speaker 1: See that welcome that let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Let me go back though that's six hundred million though Ohio people are on the hook for that. So not that a billionaire is going to default on a loan or a bond, which is a loan right to them. But they're putting fifty million dollars of earnest money down like buying a house six hundred million. But if they defaulted on that loan, the Ohio people would be on the hook for the five hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 3: That's the truth about that.
Speaker 1: That's kind of like student loan for business.
Speaker 4: So so so my sixty five and over who just retired are having a hard time paying their property. Are giving a loan to the Cleveland Browns stadiums or the stadium there so quickly?
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea who has the pictures of the people who proposed this and voted for it, because clearly there's some information out there that wants to be kept hidden Otherwise, I don't know how the Cleveland Browns ends up with all that money to the exclusion of literally every other sports team you know, minor league or professional. You know, Ohio State's got a football field, they got a great team since at Bengals are there, We got FC Cincinnati. I mean, the list is seemingly endless of people could have their hands out in the sports realm alone. So how is it that they got it? Well?
Speaker 4: I believe that there was pressure obviously in the Ohio House of Representatives to support this, But the day before the vote, I got a request from Paycorps. Right they want some you know, a different version and then FC Cincinnati, so we do.
Speaker 1: And then you're handing out money to sports teams are going.
Speaker 4: To ask everybody else is gonna want it too. So that was part of the reason we didn't. It's not that we don't like Cleveland. I mean, we love the Bengals better down here, of course, but but we don't. But we don't believe as conservatives that that this money should really go in that direction.
Speaker 1: So that's my only point. It is not against the Cleveland Browns. I got no problem with the city of Cleveland people who live there. I think they're there. They're Ohio, and the are my neighbors exactly. You know, I don't care about that. If it was Columbus, or if it was hell War in Ohio was getting this kind of money, I'd still asked the same damn question. It's not right principle.
Speaker 3: Let's go back.
Speaker 4: So the Senate is changing that funding from a six hundred million dollar bond in the House budget to taking the money from the unclaimed funds pile in.
Speaker 1: No, but that's me beyond the point or beside.
Speaker 3: The point, right right, It's it's a high.
Speaker 1: It's Ohio money, right, it's my taxpayer dollars. It's your taxpayer dollars, and it's going to one family.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't happen.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't. Somebody was threatened behind the scene. I bet there has to be a reason for this. I just it just burns my eye. Eight sixteen fifty five krc DE talk station. If you want your kitchen re model, you want to real remodel, right, you want to you want to work with a guy you're going to love working with, and you know that's prestige in tiers, specifically John Ryan. He is the company. He's the one that you will will be your partner from initial design to final installation, with you every step of the way. So give John a call and have him come over to your place and check it out easy. And you know, small projects like cabinets and countertops, you're in the right hands. And if you want to gut the whole thing, like my wife and I did working with John, that turned out great. And he's got tons of word of mouth referrals too. I think there was one neighborhood he did like five or six kitchens, so everybody loved the work John did. You will too. A plus with a better business barer. Remember the National Kitchen Bath Association Online, it's Prestige one two three dot com Prestige one two three dot com five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC this September.
Speaker 1: K twenty one, can Many twenty two. We got a few minutes left with Jennifer Gross again representing District forty five here in the state of Ohio. Doing a great job this morning, Jennifer, and enjoying our conversations. And then topic near and dear to your heart. And I just sent Maureen an instant message saying hang around. You're gonna love this because she just sent me a message. Maureene listens in Florida, but she is all over and has been all over the whole COVID nineteen, the vaccine to cover up information and YadA, YadA yah. It's one of her favorite topics. And she shows, I got another conspiracy for you. She's self deprecating in that regard because a lot of things she's told me over the years of like there's no way anyway. One of the things we learned during COVID nineteen is that but pharmacies were not allowed to fill ibermacan prescriptions. And I found that quite offensive. And I didn't realize that they were able to interfere with a physician's practice of medicine. The physician is a diagnostician. There is such a thing as off label use of drugs. We've been doing this forever, and if the physician and his infinite wisdom, after talking with his or her patient about the potential downside risk, and we've tried this, that hasn't worked. We tried. I've got an idea, maybe this will help you get the relief you need. They were stopped from doing that. That's right, all right, cold, No, you're gonna lose your license. That to me, that blew my mind.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. That's right.
Speaker 4: So my answer to that in Ohio was HB twelve, which is due to be voted out of the Ohio Health Committee this week. So if you have a representative in your district, or even if you don't, and you like a bill, it's called the Jeff Dave and Angie Right to Try Act. And Jeff Smith was a man who died in Westchester Hospital. His wife's had to sue the hospital to get ivermectin and then unfortunately she paid seven thousand to get it, and then the local judge took it away. And then Jeff died in the hospital, and so and then Dave and Angie also up north. They also died in an Ohio hospital. Patients were requesting averramectin, hydroxy chloroquin budestinied numerous other drugs brian, but there was only one drug and that was remdy severe and a ventilator. And unfortunately, physicians lost that opportunity to say, you know, I think we ought to try this. I have doctor witnesses that have come up to the state House and spoken about how they were not allowed to utilize different treatments, and this bill protects that patient provide a relationship. The sacred relationship also allows the physician to have free speech, which was vetoed by the governor last year with a similar bill like this one of mine, and and so we came back again. I believe that patients and providers need to have a private, sacred relationship, and that pharmacists, the important part of the team and collaborators with the team, are not the prescriber. They don't examine the patient, they don't look at the patient they know their history and and so there are there are a lot more details to the bill. Main opposition is the Ohio Pharmacists Association. Shocking and that's unfortunate. But not all pharmacists are against it. I mean some pharmacists did dispense but but but a lot of people did not, and there was pressure for them not to. And when a patient gets prescribed to medication, Brian, who do they return to if that that medication is rejected? They go back to the physician who prescribed the treatment. Now, this bill allows if the pharmacist says, hey, this is going to kill the patient, different drug interaction.
Speaker 1: That's what pharmacists are for. No, you're taking that medication. If you take this one on top of it, you're gonna die.
Speaker 4: And that is protected in this bill. They still have the ability to do all of that. But they don't get to tell a physician I'm not going to give this because I don't I don't agree with your.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to give you this because Moderna came up with a vaccine. Well that doesn't mean you have to take the Moderna vaccine. You're entitled to try something alternative, and that you know, especially with a demonstrably safe pill. Yes, you know, I remeke them. It's been around for decades, it's solved all kinds of problems. And you may reject the idea that it's going to help you with your COVID and you're allowed to be in that camp. That's what the informed decision comes in. No. No, I believe what everybody's telling me, that you're crazy to take a horse warm pill or whatever. But it's been well documented that you know, in the final analysis, it did actually kind of work for a lot of folks.
Speaker 3: And it's over the counter.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why the pharmaceutical companies hate it. Because it's no longer subject to a patent. It can be manufactured inexpensively and cheaply.
Speaker 4: And people don't understand that sometimes. And I want to remind your listeners that twenty to sixty percent of all prescriptions prescribed by providers are off label. So doctors see that it works for something else that it wasn't originally indicated by the FDA, But the FDA determines any drug that's out there is safe for human consumption.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how you got vi ager because it was supposed to be a blood pressure medications right, and they pet guys were coming in and going, hey, can I get some more of this? Like well why like they discovered, Oh my god, it really does work. Amen and making made billions and billions and billions of dollars stumbling upon it as an off label use. Jennifer Gross, this has been a wonderful conversation. You can come in anytime. We'll talk again more. And I appreciate your time with my listeners of me today. Thank you, Brian stick around, I heard me. The aviation expert Jay Ratlowe joins the program next. We have a long list of topics with Jay and I hope, I hope you'll wait around for that.
Speaker 4: I'm listening on the drive home to catch up on my deck.
Speaker 1: I listen for the traffic here. I'm a news junkie and I listen all day at work. I listen because they talk more than just politics for every day going to work for traffic. Their talk shows are pretty funny for every one.
Speaker 5: In the weekends and the garage as I work on my car listen.
Speaker 1: I listen for free the news and the web.
Speaker 3: Traffic.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the talk on air and on the iHeartRadio. I wish I could listen more on fifty five KRZ, the talkstation, all Right, Gary Selvin,