Speaker 1: You're List Saints KFI AM six forty. The Bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The Democratic Party is in absolute disarray right now, and part of this has to do with the leadership. And I'm going to point at Chuck Schumer on this one. Let me come back to this. We had the showdown on Friday. When Bill got done with the show on Friday, Ann reached out and she said, Hey, you're in on Monday. What do you want Bill to tease over the weekend? I said, an, I really don't know. I mean, for Pete's sake, we don't have any ideas the is the government going to be open or we're gonna go through a shutdown. We don't know if if we're going to have a new tariffs. We don't know what's going on now over the weekend. What do we do? We started bombing and Yemen. We did not shut down the government, but then we sent Venezuelan gang members to El Salvador and a judge said don't and Trump said, they're already in the air. And the l Salvadorian president he tweeted, oops too late, oopsie, too late. So how would we have predicted any of that. Literally, the only thing that we thought might happen is the potential for US shutdown. That's what we were watching on Friday. Things happen so fast right now in this fire hose of chaos, the Democrats can't keep up. And so while the Democrats are trying to figure out are we mad about the shutdown or are we mad that we didn't shut down? As Chuck Schumer last week said we're going to shut down the government because we're not going to allow a Trump to cherry pick what he wants to spend money on, and then later says, I've decided we have to do this because it would be worse. Well, why didn't you think that on Tuesday or Wednesday? Right, So he reverses course, and so you had people that were rallying around Schumer to begin with, and they went, all, right, Chuck, we're in this. We love that you're fighting. And then on Friday he says, nope, not. In the meantime, the government didn't shut down. There was no shutdown. If the government had shut down, the Democrats would have been blamed. And in the past, when the government shuts down, the majority of people, partisanship aside because you're going to have you're gonna have people on the right that are always going to blame the left and people on the left that are always gonna blame the right. But in the past, when the government has shut down, the majority of people have blamed the Republicans. The Republicans are the ones that have held the financing of the country hostage to try to get what they can. That's happened in the past. The Democrats were at the point where they could and the Republicans challenged them to do it, and they did not, which has got a lot of Democrat rank and file angry. They said, this was our chance to do what the Republicans have been doing to us. That's what they thought. But what happened was the Republicans put them at a spot. The Republicans dared them. They said, go ahead, look like the party that's going to shut things down. We're the party that's enacting tariffs, we're the party that's deporting people all over the place. But you're going to be the party that shuts things down. And so Schumer said, no any bails, and he says, we've got to support this now. Behind the scenes, all they needed were what seven. I think democratic votes in order to overcome a filibuster, and so I think Schumer probably did the math on that and he said, all right, they've got seven. I'm going to look like the guy who loses this. If if I have seven defectors who aren't listening to leadership and vote with the Republicans to keep the government open, I'm going to look like I lose. Instead, what Schumer did is he said, uh, okay, I am supporting it. Look, they did what I wanted. So he's trying to save face. But it was too late. He was just too late. And so now the Democrats don't know what they're doing. They don't have any idea where they go from here, and they can't keep up with this fire hose of chaos that's coming out of the White House. They can't do it all they know. The unifying message the Democrats have right now nationwide is they don't like Trump. They don't like Elon Musk. That's it. What to know about it. They're confused. Bill Deblasio was on News Nation, former New York City mayor Democrat, and he was asked about what's going on with democratic issues, and he seemed bewildered as well.
Speaker 3: Former Democratic mayor of New York City Builds A Blasio mayor. Your party in DC deeply divided over this government funding bill.
Speaker 4: How did Democrats now move forward?
Speaker 5: Well, Hannah, we've got issues, so we have some real things to resolve. But I also want to say, this was a kind of impossible choice.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest about it.
Speaker 5: As a result the election, we were dealing with the Senate reality where it was going to be a bad outcome no matter what. Now, where was the mistake? I would say it was in not setting the stage properly.
Speaker 2: Before I continue here. One of the terms that you hear used all the time, which is true but tends to be used as an insult, is that elections have consequences. And so what happens is Democrats don't get what they want. We're seeing everything going on with Trump, and the Republicans will say, see, well, elections have consequences. You lost, right, But then the Democrats are also saying this because you're seeing a number of Trump voters getting doged. Those of course, are making headlines because it's an easy headline for clickbait, and so the Democrats are saying, oh, well, you fool around, you find out elections have consequences. So everybody likes to use that back and forth. Elections have consequences. I hate the smugness of today's politicians.
Speaker 5: This is where the Democrat leadership has said, Hey, everyone, this is what we're really dealing with, and if we're going to make this compromise choice to buy into this bill, it's simply so we can live to fight another day. And it's because we want to keep all the pressure on Donald Trump and Elon Musk for what they're doing to this country, what they're doing to the economy, what they're doing to working people. That would have been a coherent message to get people ready for sort of the shock of having to accept this thing.
Speaker 2: Look, this has happened. Now.
Speaker 5: Now the real question is can Democrats get back on the offensive because there's a lot to work with and I think a lot of Americans think what Trump and Musk are doing is extreme. So I chopped this one up to it really is. It's a bad situation, but it's one we got to put past us and now get on the offensive.
Speaker 2: All right, So build a Blasio, former New York City mayor and Democrat who says, let's just put it behind us, let's focus on what's in front of us. The truth is, you can't keep up. You cannot keep up. And this is where the Democrats have no idea what they like and don't like, which is why the latest polling you maybe have seen this came out late last week. The latest polling the Democratic Party is a new low. The reason it has a new low is not because suddenly everyone's become a Republican. The Republicans would want you to think that everyone the country is shifting in their direction. But the reason the Democratic Party has such a low approval rating right now is because the Democrats don't know what they want. And so how do you say, yes, I like this when they don't know what they like? Right now, they don't have any idea and leadership is they're trying to read the tea leaves pick a direction instead of picking a direction and sticking to it. They're not in Meanwhile, it just makes them look like they're the most incoherent party. But that fire hose of chaos continues, that's not going to stop. In fact, the latest from the White House, you can't possibly keep up with everything that's going on the latest from the White House is that presidential orders not issued by Trump are are void, void, vacant, and of no further effect. My god, the twisted web we weave. Pardon me.
Speaker 6: Next, you're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty Amy.
Speaker 2: What is it this year? You're rooting for the Dodgers in the March badness. We'll see, we'll see how they fare, but you got them slided. Is like a four seed in the college basketball tournament. Verio, go Dodgers, Go Dodgers. True sports fan to the bone on that one. All right, the President is saying, uh, pardon me. Friends. So you will recall that the president took office and the first thing he did was one of the first things he did, of course, was pardon all of the J six tourists. You can't call them rioters. They were just simply taking a tour of the Capitol building. And as with most tourists, they then occupied other people's offices and desks, and they, like most tourists do, wiped feces on the walls. One has to wonder if they came prepared with feces or if they were manufactured on site. We don't know. That was never in the news reports. But just the same they were pardoned. What about all those pardons that Biden put out right before he got out the door, If you will recall, he was preemptively pardoning his whole family, Fauci, Congress, everyone that Trump said I'm gonna go after them during the campaign, and then after the campaign Biden said, which translates to you all get pardons. It was bidence. Now President Trump says, no countcies a.
Speaker 7: President Trump doubling down over the weekend on his claim that his predecessor Joe Biden used an auto pen to add his signature to crucial documents.
Speaker 2: Oh, President's hate when you learn this one simple hack to undo everything.
Speaker 7: Mills Hayes is here with us this morning. So Mills described this to us. What exactly is an autopen and is there any evidence that President Biden was heavily relying on one like President Trump claims?
Speaker 2: It's from News Nation the I want to give them credit.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning, Marky, happy to be back here. And autopin is a device that replicates someone's signature. It's something that celebrities often used to sign autographs for fans, and it provides an identical signature every single time, like almost a stamp. It's common knowledge that presidents use the device to Harry Truman believed to be the first US president to do so almost one hundred years ago, but the White House doesn't exactly broadcast that they're doing it. For obvious reasons. The issue here, according to President Trump, is how much his predecessor was allegedly relying on it, and overnight the President upping the antique, posting that the pardon signed by President Biden our quote hereby declared void, vacant, and of no further force or effect because of the fact that they were done by autopin.
Speaker 2: Oh, who knew this thing that we've been using for the last seventy years, come to find out totally illegal. That's no one ever thought to challenge this in the past. We just learned that it's totally illegal, and that anything Biden did is now undone, and there it is anything that was signed with autopen undone. So sid, what are we gonna take back? Now? We're going to take back the pardons. What we're gonna do, We're gonna undo the Chips Act. Is that right? We're gonna undo a stimulus package. Do we all owe the government now at twelve hundred dollars? Check? What are we doing? What are we undoing? Now, we're just gonna undo everything. It's not really how it works.
Speaker 3: In other words, Joe Biden did not sign them, he continues. Those on the Unselect Committee, referring to the House committee that investigated January sixth should quote fully understand that they are subject to investigation at the highest level.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now we're gonna investigate former congress persons and current congress persons for investigating the former now current President Trump. This is fun.
Speaker 3: The fact is that they were probably responsible for the documents that were signed on their behalf without their knowledge or consent. This claim originated from the Hairritage Foundation's Oversight project. They highlighted signatures from pardons that the president signed, including those for Anthony Fauci, Mark Milly, and the January sixth Committee. They alleged the signatures are identical, suggesting the use of an autopen. They contrasted those signatures with the one announcing Biden's withdrawal from the twenty twenty four presidential race, which they say is noticeably different. The president suggested on truth social quote. The person who was the real president during the Biden years was the person who controlled the autopen. He's what President Trump first said about the clean one Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we all crooked. Joe Biden got us into a.
Speaker 8: Real mess with Russia and everything else. He did, frankly, but he didn't know about it, and he generally speaking signed it with autopen. So how would he know that autopen.
Speaker 2: Is a big deal.
Speaker 8: Ninety nine percent of the time I say do it, but they come up and I sign it. But you don't use auto pen. It's number one, is disrespectful to the office.
Speaker 2: You get the feeling that's going to come back because right now people are scouring everything Trumps ever signed to try to figure out if they're identical signature so they can nail him for using the auto pen and asking him then it was disrespectful to the office, which, of course the Press Secretary will spin and say no, it's only disrespectful when Biden does it. Yeah. Will he then use the auto pen when he pardons George Floyd's killer? What? Yeah? Prominent supporters President Trump, led by podcaster real life podcaster Ben Shapiro, feeling a major push to pardon Derek Chauvin, the white former Minnesota police officer convicted of killing George Floyd in twenty twenty. So they continue to push this whole pardon Chauven, and he says that the Shapiro says that he has hopes that Chauven would be more easily would be easily excuse me, would more easily be able to win early release. At some point, if Trump wipes away the federal conviction, he would of course still have the state conviction. So uh, Biden pardons void, vacant, and of no further effect. But Trump pardons could go to the white cop that killed the black guy that set off race riots across the country. This is fun. The madness continues, only this time we actually knew it was coming. March Madness. Good news for California schools. Both the men's and women's sides will tell you what they are next.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: A lot of people. I talked with the people yesterday. I do a show on Sunday afternoons, and I was talking with people and they were saying, Wow, I was really excited about the LA Marathon. I was so excited to see an American win the LA Marathon and it was They said, dude, were you watching the LA Marathon? And I had to be honest, doesn't sound terrible, no, because I was watching college basketball. The greatest two days in American sports are this Thursday and Friday. And I've had this argument with people before and they go, no, no, no, it's wild Card weekend of the the NFL. They love that. Don't get me wrong, those are great two big football fans, the biggest sport in America. But for absolute engagement from non fans, for the chaos that is almost planned, there's a reason they call it madness, and that is that as you watch on Thursday and Friday, you're gonna have teams from places you've never heard of before. I did this amy to be fair. I know you're not a big college basketball fan, but I was asking the Weekend tech Raoul, who is a sports fan? And I said, Row, where is Lipscomb University? I don't know. We don't have any idea. There's schools you've never heard of that suddenly are making national attention. An's gonna jump in here and tell me that she went to Lipscomb. No she didn't.
Speaker 4: Are they underdogs? I'm going to root for him. I would like to root for the underdog.
Speaker 2: They are underdogs against the Cyclones of Iowa State. So let's go Lipscomb. Let's do it right. California school is pretty well represented.
Speaker 4: It'd be hard to have a cheerleading team for that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what hold on? What is their Uh have to figure out what their mascot is, lipsm University. I bet Lipscomb University is being googled today more than it ever has ever. Uh, it's in Nashville.
Speaker 4: It's uh, Lou the Bison.
Speaker 2: Is It's the Bison.
Speaker 4: He's a cute mascot.
Speaker 2: Did you say that you knew the name of the Bison, Lou Lou?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh all right, Well go Lipscomb. Well done. I'm making it in there, Bison. So I love that you You hear about these schools you've never otherwise heard of, and uh, and then you always root for these underdogs and you just go, this is the year here. Let's go Saint Francis anyway. Uh, California school is pretty well represented. I think we've got San Diego State is in U see San Diego.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about the men's or the women's Now, I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About the men's. We're gonna get the women's here in a second, because I know that they're even better representative the yeah, way better. But let's let's I know, women's ratings are up, but men's ratings are gonna be bigger. So we're just gonna focus on that here for for just a moment, and then we'll give the women their due. Uh but yeah, UCLA is in there, so anyway, good representation from the California schools. All right, go to the women's the women's bracket because two number one seeds from Southern California, right, this is big lely. So you've got USC and UCLA. And USC says that they feel slighted because they they got the fourth number one seed and they said that they should have been ranked higher. They say they feel disrespect due by being there. But yeah, UCLA's the number one overall seed, which is pretty great. And then us C gets the They also get a number one seed, but it's the fourth seed, so fourth number one. I don't know, it gets confusing fast, but really well represented on the women's side, especially with those two number one teams. Who's your money on? Are you going to do a bracket Amy King? Yeah, San Diego's in there too.
Speaker 4: No, because if I do, I don't know enough about it. My bradnet gets busted in the first round. It's just throwing money away.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets busted in the first round.
Speaker 4: No, I want to do it. I only want to do it if I can win.
Speaker 2: So here's a couple of things. First of all, all offices should be sponsoring their own bracket challenge. And I know, productivity drops and all that other crap, but it builds. It builds morale, It builds camaraderie. It's great. Put together a little prize doesn't have to be much, maybe some you know, little finger traps or some post it notes from lumin industry, something of the sort. Just put it all together, some sort of a prize and it builds morale. That's great. If you have never picked a bracket before, you always hear these stories about people basing it on the mascots, like the lou the Bison from Lipscomb, or the color of the jerseys. I told the story yesterday. A few years back. My wife, she didn't win it, but she did a lot better than me. She chose based on serial killers, so she filled out what she called the most evil bracket. And so my wife went through and she watches a lot of this investigation, Discovery and all these other true crime shows. And my wife went through and she said, okay, if this school, you know where where are the worst serial killers, the most prolific serial killers and what school are they near? And I can't remember. That may have been the year that Wichita did really well. And she was like, well, BTK, he's from Wichita. So she chose Wichita to to go a lot farther than most people thought, and they they did.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then she would she would choose these other schools at California schools well represented obviously a lot of serial killers from here, Wisconsin and ed Geen, and then you've got these others. Florida had this one and that one. And then I go, okay, well, what are you gonna do with Ted Bundy, because you know he was he was uh, he was a serial killer in a number of states. Shes as well, I'm gonna see Florida's gonna do really well. Anyway, my wife ended up finishing I think third that year based on what schools were closest to the worst serial killers. That was her, That was her bracket. That it was at that moment that I was the most turned on I've ever been and the most terrified of my wife that I've ever been. So two things worked into that one. Just thoughts. I think call it a waste of money if you want. I think it's fun building around Amy. I think you should do a bracket. You could be the only one that picks lips come. I could they earned their the way le sco lips come. Let's go. Speaking of bison, it is a Wild Kingdom and influencers are being questioned by Australia over their treatment of wombats. If you haven't heard, you've got to hear this one. It is the most twenty twenty five story I think maybe ever. That's next.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: How about a Wild Kingdom? Sad news? You heard Amy King talking about this? Jackie in Shadow, have a dead bird in the nest and a sad update.
Speaker 9: This morning, friends of Big Bear Valley have confirmed that the eaglet missing since Thursday night has died.
Speaker 4: They say, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't really missing, It was just kind of in the nest, hard to see.
Speaker 9: It did not make it through the snowstorm that hit the area last week. However, they do not know how it died or which eglit it was, as they were all similar in size. The good news is that the two remaining that you see there, the Eaglitz, are doing well. Jackie and Shadow have them on a very steady diet of fish and birds.
Speaker 2: All right, Amy, do you think that the Shadow looks at Jackie and says you did this? It was on your watch?
Speaker 4: No? No, do not be mean about our eagles. Oh, we're obsessed with them here. I know what is up with that, because it's the coolest thing to watch. And even though it's very sad that we lost one of them, it actually probably increases the chances that the other two will survive.
Speaker 2: How's that is, mom? Not to bring enough food?
Speaker 4: Well, they're actually they have their own fishing pond a big bear lake, which is great. They've got a massive pile of carcasses right now. But because as they get larger, they can't completely cover the birds, and so a couple of years ago, I'm sure I'm not sure, if it was the year that Spirit was born. But once they get too big, the parents can't cover them completely. And if they get a real bad cold storm, a snowstorm or a rainstorm, yeah, they're not waterproof yet because they don't have all their feathers, so they can get hypothermia and they can die. That happened a couple of years ago to one of them. One of them made it, one of them didn't, because they can't completely cover them.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say I was listening to your news. Didn't you say that the odds of survival are already only fifty percent? So help me understand, yes, because I'm trying to figure out the odds here, and I'm not a I'm not a big gambler. So they they had a couple last year that didn't make it because the eggs got stolen by ravens or something.
Speaker 4: Right, No, the eggs never hatched last year.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, was it the year before that they got stolen? I thought Ravens took one of them.
Speaker 4: They did, Okay, they did, so so far?
Speaker 2: How many how many eaglets have Jackie in Shadow actually put out there?
Speaker 4: Total? I think it's like, I think it's fourteen ish.
Speaker 2: How many have survived?
Speaker 4: Not that many, there was. I only know because I didn't start watching them till like three or four years ago. Yeah, and I've only seen two. Yeah, so the last couple of years they haven't had any. They haven't had any make it the last couple of time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if the odds are fifty percent, we got two that are in the nest still. Of the three, one didn't make it already. So the two that are still in there, if we're just playing the odds, we would think that they're they're going to survive then in order to offset the other what do you say, like a Baker's dozen't that didn't.
Speaker 4: Let's hope. So no, the Baker's doesn't that did. They've been they've had this nest for like ten years. I mean, if anybody, if anybody from Friends of Big Bear Valley are listening, can correct me. But yeah, they've had the same nest for a very long time. And it's just it's so fun to watch them.
Speaker 2: They're just it is fun.
Speaker 4: They're great parents, they take care of their babies. It's fun to watch the little kids.
Speaker 2: It is a little bit we though, I actually think that we watched these these birds, and we assign a certain value to their lives over the values of other lives. For instance, you just mentioned that there are a lot of carcasses stacking up at the nest.
Speaker 4: We were talking about that last week, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What if there had been a fish camera in that lake at Big Bear that was following this little family of fish and it was talking about how these fish came from little eggs and there their chances of survival are so minimal and it's so scary and all this stuff. And then one day, all of a sudden, one of those fish get snagged by a bird and ripped out so it can go feed its kids. We go, oh, my goodness, I can't believe this happened to that fish. I feel so terrible. I'm heartbroken for the fish family.
Speaker 4: The fish are not majestic and they are not our national bird. Okay, and eagles are very impressed. I mean they're big, they're like this big, they're like three feet tall.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: They're incredibly beautiful because they were endangered and they've they're fighting their way back from near extinction. Okay, it's a beautiful story.
Speaker 2: It is a beautiful story. Just strange that you picked that animal over all the other animals.
Speaker 4: Well, it just happens to have a camera on it. We don't have a camera on the fish.
Speaker 2: Gotta put a camera on the fish. There you go, all right, who's standing up for the fish? Nobody? Who's standing up for the wombats. Imagine you're in Australia and some American comes through and starts jacking with your wombats. That'd be like an Aussie coming through here and start and messing with Jackie in Shadow. You would not put up with it. Just quart a baby wombat.
Speaker 10: This video, shared widely on social media, appears to show American tourist Sam Jones picking up and running away with a wild baby wombat in Australia as its mother chases after her distressed.
Speaker 4: Let's let him go.
Speaker 2: I think the first time I sold this video, I felt rage, and.
Speaker 4: You know, just it means anger for what she's done.
Speaker 2: Wombats are protected, Yeah, Amy, Imagine if somebody went and took one of those little chicklets out of the Jackie in Shadows nest and started running away with it, you would be raged in rage, wouldn't you be? Less? Yes? Yes, but that influencer would get clicks. That's what they want.
Speaker 10: Now the country is examining her visa to see if she's breached its conditions.
Speaker 8: Is just an outrage.
Speaker 2: Is there a condition on the visa don't mess with a wombat?
Speaker 8: And you know, I suggest to this so called influencer, maybe she might try some other Australian animals take a baby crocodile.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm just imagining if this were all about our eagles, and Amy had to give the commentary because Amy would say, I would suggest that this Australian so called influence here try some of our other American animals try to snag a baby Kodiak bear. That's what you would do. You'd go and I hope you die.
Speaker 4: Oh and here here's a rattlesnake for you.
Speaker 2: That's perfect. That's excellent, that's outstanding. I love it. I love that we've become so vindictive. We just want to see humans die because they did something to animals. We have chosen the hierarchy of species and we have not placed ourselves atop that hierarchy any longer. That's where we are now with humanity. And I've been being completely honest. I kind of agree, I do all right. Life is expensive, just how expensive? So expensive that we have now started training our border patrol to start keeping an eye out for this, and they're finding more of it than they are fentanyl. I'll tell you what that is next.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app