Speaker 1: I Ben's old Brian Nick Ferguson programming Note, Nick and I will be on live starting at three pm tomorrow take it over for Kai Sports, Dave, Ryan gonna be on assignment so to be you and I starting at three tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have you tomorrow right. Oh yeah, oh yeah, it's going to be a fun Field Friday.
Speaker 3: You're just really gutting for that literation thing. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: The off air, the break? Yeah, fun Field Friday.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking, you know, it's it's a Friday. We compose the moan about it Monday on here, and nobody wanted to do it because it's moan about it Monday. I mean, we got enough to complain about on Monday.
Speaker 4: I don't need to get work on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to bring in a positivity such a difficult shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean for you, Ben, Yes, maybe moan about it Monday. For me. No, it's a fun field Friday, Monday, Tuesday WEDNS.
Speaker 3: Fun Field Friday Fiesta. Yes, I'm just saying meaningful Monday.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys saw Yeah, if you guys saw this story or not. It broke before I went to air earlier about about three o'clock this afternoon. But uh, Texas wide receiver current NFL draft prospect, as A bond has turned himself into you first go Texas police this morning for a matter related to an outstanding warrant for sexual assault.
Speaker 3: Uh, he did post bond was subsequently released.
Speaker 1: So in other words, uh, a bond was put in bonds until he posted bond to remove bond from bonds.
Speaker 4: I mean, you just I've been sitting on that for hours. I was like, Dave Logano, kill me if I do this.
Speaker 2: You just did all of that the story about bond just to kind of go through this bond type.
Speaker 1: Bond in a multiple ways in a sense, you know, the one that you can use the word buffalo in a sentence like almost that was like eight nine times, just the word repeating because it and it will be a complete sentence. It is the one word you can use to make a complete sentence. Buffalo, bufflo, Buffalo, buffalo, buffalo, buffalo. You can look this up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nonsensical.
Speaker 1: No, it has so many different meanings like that that that that's the thing.
Speaker 3: There's so many different meanings to that word.
Speaker 1: Yes, I promise you grat research.
Speaker 3: No, buffalo beals the.
Speaker 1: City of Buffalo to buffalo, someone, what is that?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna pull this upside explain this all right?
Speaker 1: Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo, Buffalo, Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo is a grammatically correct sentence.
Speaker 3: By what English teacher?
Speaker 1: By the English teacher, because the word buffalo is an attributive noun to a further specific place, like the city of Buffalo. It is a verb to buffalo, which means to bully or harass or intimidate somebody, or.
Speaker 4: A noun to refer to the animal.
Speaker 1: The plural is also a buffalo, so a semantically equivalent form preserving that would be Buffalonian bison, whom other Buffaloian bison bully only also bully Buffaloian bison.
Speaker 2: So if you just but anyways, that sounds like a bunch of buffalo to me, a bunch of buffalo champions. I've never heard someone say, you know what, I would buy the buffalo you that's.
Speaker 4: An archaic term. You don't use it anymore.
Speaker 1: We also don't really use perchance much anymore. But those are there are realistic terms.
Speaker 4: In that hat. Nick, might you know what, well, well.
Speaker 3: Done, well done, Yes, yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The ISA bond thing though, yeah, that might damage the draft stock a little bit. I don't have all the information on when allegedly the warrant was issued, any of that kind of stuff. But Isaiabon did turn himself in this morning on an outstanding warrant related to sexual assault.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to make sure and like any of these cases, that the do process work, it steff out before anyone starts yards to I guess convict people in the court of popular opinion.
Speaker 3: That's all I'll say.
Speaker 4: Right. Other things that you see, the Tyreek kill story, I was.
Speaker 5: Just gonna ask you about that if you had any infra information on.
Speaker 3: That, Well, that's not surprising though I do on that one.
Speaker 2: It was like, are you surprised whether it happened or any allegations? No, mean, because it just seemed like he's been a cesspool for problem since entering the.
Speaker 4: League, well before he entered the league.
Speaker 1: That's what tanker his draft stock in the first place, because he pushed his girlfriend down, a pregnant girlfriend down a flight of stairs.
Speaker 3: So so what new news you can add two of this?
Speaker 1: Well, with the Tyreek Kill thing, I can tell you. Basically, his mother in law and wife. They were in their high rise condo. There was an argument that happened, and he picked up a laptop and threw it and it hit the floor and broke, and then picked up the child and walked out to the balcony. And at that point his mother in law, his wife's mother called police and said that there was and he was.
Speaker 4: They were both yelling and arguing and all that kind of stuff. There was an altercation.
Speaker 1: There was no physical assault, although when they arrived on the scene, officers noted a bruise on her left forearm. They she attributed that to just being clumsy. I'm doing air quotes in the studio right now, and they so they didn't charge anybody with anything but that that is what happened.
Speaker 4: The dolphins, are you just like done?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna tell you, I'd heard a rumor a couple of weeks ago, a couple of weeks ago, and it's funny because this is all going to tie back together with the Isaiah bo I'm thinking of a second. I'd heard a rumor a couple of weeks ago. The Dolphins have been secretly scouting wide receivers and that Bond's teammate Matthew Golden might be somebody that Miami might look at there with their first round draft pick. If you look at the betting ads of this, I'm not looking at them now, but as of this morning, the Dolphins to draft a wide receiver in the first round is plus two thousands.
Speaker 4: So I took out a little ticket on that just to just to take one, just just a sprinkle it. Sprinkle it with a little bit of a kishe just see what happened?
Speaker 3: Grant's over there laughing behind the glass.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's been any other player in the past ten years who have really damaged his personality and his persona, his brand both on and off the field, like a Tyreek Hill. I mean, I could think about maybe Obj, but not to this magnitude. I mean OBJ has done it to a point where, I mean he's whined and complaining too much, and a lot of NFL people don't really like that. But to find yourself in these types of situations, and I don't want to say constantly, because like you talked about, you had the domestic situation before entering the league. Now you have this particular one that's taking place. You had the one with the running with the police officers right before the.
Speaker 3: Game down in Miami.
Speaker 2: So I mean, if you're a team and you're Mike McDaniels, you're trying to or you want to remove yourself or remove Tyreek Hill from the organization. Then we know about what he said after they lost the playoff game, and then you get these kind of cryptic tweets.
Speaker 3: So I mean, oh, look, say what you want to say. Even Tara always wasn't this bad.
Speaker 4: Kara always was a diva, but this wasn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, he wasn't this bad.
Speaker 1: He wasn't like choking his pregnant girlfriend, which he'll admitted to doing back in twenty fifteen before the NFL Draft.
Speaker 5: Do you guys ever have like when you're growing up, your parents would be like, you don't need to hang around that kid because just trouble follows him.
Speaker 4: Yea, his name, but it feels like with Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his name was Jamal in my neighborhood, Austin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jamal Bench that allbright.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: There's two guys I'm not gonna mention their names, but there are two guys that you know, my parents generally did not want me hanging around with for those types of reasons. Trouble just all. They just always seem to be in trouble. One of those guys wound up going to prison. He just got out three years ago. He's really turned his life around now, but he was in prison for like a decade.
Speaker 5: So my buddy growing up that my parents hate it is in prison right now.
Speaker 1: I think most I think most people who know my story and they know my brother was in the federal prison for six years.
Speaker 3: So yeah, people can make mistakes, certainly. I mean, it's okay, you know, and I get it.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to say I'm just sitting here on my ivory tower, but you know, we all make mistakes. And like I tell my kids, there are mistakes and there's like you've really stepped.
Speaker 3: Your foot in it type of thing.
Speaker 2: And Tyrie continues to step his foot into situations like this. And if you are NFL owner and you're looking at the other fifty guys on your roster, you don't want them to be tainted by this because they can't go out and do their job because they're constantly being asked about you. And now this is becoming somewhat of a distraction. So I mean, the no Migro day is the way that I do. I'm sure they're having these discussions insign of the Dolphins organizations.
Speaker 3: It's more or less not time for Tyreek.
Speaker 2: To move on because he wants to separate himself from us. It's it's time for us to divorce ourselves from him.
Speaker 1: And you know, just like Kansas City, Kansas City finally got tired of his act.
Speaker 4: He had to get some other things going on there.
Speaker 1: They finally got tired of every year and your request to get more money. Tyreek kills a hell of a football player, but you know that there comes a point with every person, with every whatever, in any job, no matter how good you are at something, somebody's asking he's the juice worth the squeeze. And I think Tyreek Hill has hit that limit with the Miami Dolphins. I would not be surprised if he were in another uniform to start the season.
Speaker 2: Well, see you say another uniform, somebody else gotta take a.
Speaker 3: Check based on what you're seeing in Miami.
Speaker 1: Somebody would you be willing You know the answer to this already, though you know the answer to that. I know that someone tell he proves he doesn't have the balance, someone else.
Speaker 4: Will take a chance because people are desperate.
Speaker 2: You know. It's one of these relationship types of things, right because you think that, oh, somehow I'm I'm gonna be able to change this person. This is a cheating man, this is a cheating woman. So when I get with them, I'm gonna be the person to somewhat turn them around. And yes, there are people in league organizations all over the league they said, okay, well, they see more of the talent that the player has and they think that they can overcome the headache because they have a more I guess, leadership driven locker room. And sometimes you can't overcome it because this is who this individual is.
Speaker 3: This is who they are.
Speaker 1: Well you and are you and I both have a good friend in common who got four chances despite being before he cleaned his life up. Uh first with the Chargers and the Bucks and the Cowboys and the Seahawks. And that was Ryan Leaf, Yes, and he couldn't get his accate. And then he turned around and started coaching and doing all that stuff at the collegiate level and he got he got.
Speaker 4: Kicked out with us at three different jobs.
Speaker 1: I think one of them where even stealing from student, you know, those kinds of things. Like Ryan, to his credit, has turned his life around as an absolute beacon in terms of who he is now. But he will admit, he will absolutely admit, like you are way more chances than he should have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Ryan was having his issues with substance abuse, right and I tell him, I say, look, man, big shout out to you for whatever impinges on you to make you change your mind. And sometimes all that takes is seeing your wife, seeing your kids and thinking what would life be without them, to make them change, to make you change your mind.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what happened to Ryan, and I'm happy for him.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that maybe Tyreek can't change his ways. Maybe could this be the coming to Jesus, you know moment for him. But it takes a team or someone in an organization and to say, you know what, enough is enough, Even though we may not want you here as a plan because we feel as though you are a distraction, I still want to help you as a human being.
Speaker 4: But it still takes the person.
Speaker 5: I mean, my brother seven years sober now, thank god. But it takes the individual making that choice to want to change. You can have as many people in your life tell you that you should change and we want you to change, and we know you can be a better person, but it takes the individual making that personal choice to be better.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree with that, and I can speak to that from personal experience as far as some of that stuff goes. But what I will tell you is if you're talented, charismatic, and if you are able to do something whatever that may be, whether it's playing football or whatever it may be, you will continue to get chances until people just eventually give up on you.
Speaker 4: Look at Josh Gord.
Speaker 1: Josh Gord was the Cleveland Browse, the New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: He kept getting chance. That's a chance.
Speaker 1: Finally got it turned around later on, but it took him along time. There's another substance to it.
Speaker 3: Took him a long time to get that, to get that under control.
Speaker 2: Because the way I'll look at it, and I'll speak to it from this standpoint, the fact that I grew up in Miami and and I grew up around drug culture and then watch it destroy families in my neighborhood. I've watched it destroy members of my own family.
Speaker 3: Grant is right.
Speaker 2: It takes that person being willing to see the errors in their ways to want to change. But for certain people who are going through that, they have to hit rock bottom first, right. And also you need people around you who care because usually if someone is going through that situation that Grant described about his brother that I've seen some of my aunts and uncles go through, they have individuals who are aiding into betting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to you have to find the turnaround put whether it is rock bottom or whatever. And I don't know where Grant's a brother found the turnaroup what was it?
Speaker 4: A rock bottom moment? About three times?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can speak to some of that from from my own you know, Like I said, my brother was in the federal pen for six years.
Speaker 3: You finally turned his life around and doing well.
Speaker 1: Was theready My step brother didn't get it together, wound up odn you know, and it ended up being the end of that, Like he just couldn't couldn't get it together.
Speaker 4: So you know, we've seen that with Tyreek Hill. Obviously, these are substance of these problems.
Speaker 1: This is a he's been enabled and not gotten his head on street because he's so supremely talented that people are willing to look the other way a little bit on these things. To a point, Kansas City did it for a while, Miami's done it for a while. Is getting there. There are people that when you are very talented, they'll try to sweep your problems under the rug.
Speaker 4: They'll try to look the other way.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to give you another example of DeShawn Watson down there in Houston.
Speaker 3: The Texans knew what was going on with DeShawn Watson.
Speaker 4: They knew and they went.
Speaker 3: And got they went out, in fact, they went out and got him a hotel room for him to go. You know, do it this, Custos.
Speaker 2: Supers, you are not helping. No, you're an able person, know the player in that sensu way.
Speaker 1: You're just trying to It's in that moment those relationships become transactional because that moment what the Houston Texans were trying to do, because we get out of Deshaun Watson what they wanted and hope that it went away by if it happens in that hotel room we have security on that or you know whatever.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing here.
Speaker 1: Miami Dolphins now are enabling Tyreek Hilt by continuing to say this behavior and until they move on from it, Kansas City finally got tired of It's like Antonio Brown is probably the better example of this. Look at all the you know.
Speaker 4: All the talent in the world, people will put up.
Speaker 1: With it to a point if you're if you're helping them out with something, if you're a supremely talented athlete, people look the other way on stuff.
Speaker 5: And if there's no repercussions, the behavior is not going to change.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, nobody's gonna make that decision to change themselves on their own until they have to see.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm gonna I'm gonna tie this in to the Nugget situation in Coach Malone because I feel and and I've never been in the building, but I feel as though that's what Coach Malone was trying to do hold this players accountable, constantly bringing up the fact that not seeing effort, guys not watching film, hoping that that would force the leadership, either the players in the locker room or upper management to do something about it. But when you start to aid in the bed of the individuals and you start putting your arm around them, it's.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 2: Whatever we're going to push out this discipline or these morals and ethics, you're not really helping yourself.
Speaker 3: You're not really.
Speaker 2: Helping that person. You're absolutely hurting that individual. And it sucks when people who are in position where they can help players don't actually do it.
Speaker 1: That's why I asked that respect for guys like Tony Dungee, and there's there's been a couple of guys over the years in the NBA who have been that guy who really did try to take guys under the wings. And they'll give you a couple opportunities to get it together, but eventually they you know, they're like, look, at some point, you've got to help yourself too.
Speaker 3: I get it. But help that young man or that woman out.
Speaker 2: Don't just kind of take their their athletic ability, squeeze all the juice out of it and just kick them to the curve and just leave them on their own devices.
Speaker 3: Let's not do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need to be a support system, not just an enabler. We come back Ryan Blackbird's going to join Us'll talk a little bit about this Malone situation a little further. You listen to Broncos Country Night Kawe. It's with all brid Yck Ferguson, Grant Smith here with you. Five six six nine zero is the text line. Shout out to the three and five texting. I've been clean since two thousand and five, fifty seven years old.
Speaker 4: Now, sometimes you just got to know what enough is enough? Denver Broncos for life. Good for you, man, Yeah, that's good stuff. Love that kind of stuff. Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Brian said, thanks for allowing us to text the radio program. We're phenomenal sports talk hosts, so appreciate you. Brian as well. Saw all the other text there, Stacy. I'll get to your question a little bit later, probably the next segment. Some of the good stuff there. We're gonna go into the Kaway Comas with Hotline though and bring on our guy Ryan Blackburn at NBA. Blackburn on Twitter covers the Dinmver Nuggets from Mile High Sports Picksacks.
Speaker 4: And Roll co host Locked on Nuggets. Ryan, How you doing this evening?
Speaker 6: I'm doing well, guys. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Obviously a busy few days for the Nuggets. Fanis Nuggets faithful, Calvin Booth not being renewed as general manager, Michael Malone was let go. David Adaman takes over the Nuggets, of course, get the win. Adam been going with Jalen Pickett at the point which looked to be sort of a revelation there. What have you thought of the Malone hiring and what have you thought of their no pun intended post Malone era.
Speaker 6: It's a good start.
Speaker 7: They needed a clean breath of fresh air. And then it was very clear, based off of sort of the end of this tenure, how much pressure there was on everybody within the organization. It's something I've been talking about. Everybody felt it. Everybody felt it from top to bottom, and I think Josh Crunkie and then the Crunkies basically as everything over the course of the last few weeks and then realized, hey, this is not the way that we wanted this thing to go. Wanted to see a big change, wanted to see if there was an opportunity to revitalize and repurpose Denver a little bit.
Speaker 6: As the season.
Speaker 7: Ends and you get David Adelman in there, who has been around. He's been around the team for a while, but he's a fresh voice in these huddles. See somebody that the team does respect. And then clearly they played like it on Wednesday night. So good start for the Nuggets in Sacramento and then they came away with a very balanced and good win.
Speaker 3: Right, let's be totally trans found here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you went out and you played well after your coach got fired.
Speaker 3: That's something that we.
Speaker 2: Often expect in any major sport called in the motion to bump. You go out and you play well against a team that is the ninth seed in the West. Does that somehow change everything about how the Nuggets got to this point.
Speaker 6: Oh of course not.
Speaker 7: And it's a good point. I think it's a good piece for Nuggets fans, for NBA fans, or people that are just trying to tune into the situation to fully understand. Is that, Yeah, Denver, they bounced back from a four game losing streak, they bounced back from going four and eight in their previous twelve games, and they did it by be being a Kings team that they've had their number over the course of these last few years. So it's nothing special, But the way.
Speaker 6: That they did.
Speaker 7: It's where you see the efforts, you see the intensity, and you see it's funny. Nikola Jocis actually lost his voice in the game last night, and part of that was because he was yelling, he was communicating, he was talking so much.
Speaker 6: He was trying like he was.
Speaker 7: Getting everybody involved, putting everybody in the place that they needed to go. And when you hear things like that, when you see things like that, it's just a small manifestation of what should be a larger change for Denvers. Hey, let's get back to being what we know is serious basketball, because they hadn't been playing serious basketball up until that point. So every big journey, as you guys know, happens with the first step, and we'll see if they have enough runway to actually make any change. There are only two games remaining left in the season, so I'm not expecting this massive improvement.
Speaker 2: So this thing bath was made because what you just said, I've heard from several people. Of course, Nikola Jokis lost his voice. He was screaming, he was coaching on asah line. I think Graham was telling me that there was at one point in the game, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I missed it.
Speaker 2: Then Nikola Jokish had the little pad and he was just drawing things. So my thing is, could they could Nikola Jokic not have done those same things? And do you believe that Michael Malone was prohibiting Nikola Jokic and other players from doing these types of things.
Speaker 6: I think there's some of it.
Speaker 7: I think when you when you have an established pecking order and you have a coach that you've trusted, you, a coach that's been there for ten full years, you I think it caught in a lot of the same rhythms without necessarily trying to go above and beyond. And then there was clearly some frustration with everybody. I think folks at various points were frustrated with Malone some of the ways that he was using some different players, some of the leeway he was giving to others, and then just the yelling, I think was something that a lot of people were a little bit over by over with because he was as a very emotional coach. He runs very hot and that causes them to I think, blow up at times, and I think.
Speaker 6: The Nuggets were a little bit frustrated by that. But of course.
Speaker 7: It doesn't absolve the players from anything. Even Nikolai Yokichhu's had such a heavy burden on his shoulders for the entire season, there are things that he could have been doing better.
Speaker 6: Communication is one where.
Speaker 7: It doesn't take a lot in order to do that. It should be a natural byproduct of the game, just being able to communicate with your teammates. But I think it's it's been a pretty quiet locker room, a pretty quiet floor for Denver over the course of this year, and hopefully this is the catalyst that they needed to change that.
Speaker 3: Tyler Ryan Blackbird an NBA blackbird on Twitter.
Speaker 1: As we look at this, Adaman's obviously going to get a chance here in the interim to win a job.
Speaker 4: He's going to get that opportunity.
Speaker 1: But if he's not able to, or if they are not convinced, some other names to.
Speaker 4: Potentially look at here.
Speaker 1: The name I've been slipped was Chris Quinn, the assistant to Spolster there at the Miami Heat. Of course, he played in the NBA, played Little euro Ball in Spain and played in Rush as well. What do you think of Quinn and who are some other names you think could be involved?
Speaker 7: Chris Quinn's been around, He's been somebody that has been in the NBA head coaching candidate circles for a while. Anybody that's learned under Eric Feustralia is a good candidate.
Speaker 6: I'm not going.
Speaker 7: To say that I know extensively how much Chris Quinn is responsible for what's going on in Miami, what has gone on in Miami over the course of the last few years, but it does seem like he would be solid. A couple of veteran head coaches. You obviously thought Taylor Jenkins get fired, he could.
Speaker 6: Be a name that they call.
Speaker 7: Frank Vogel, the name that I've heard could be on the docket. And I also have heard Mike and Norri a former assistant for the Nuggets that is is somebody that they will consider. But just in general, I think the most important position that Denver will fill over the course of these next couple of weeks couple of months is general manager, and they'll probably do that first. They're going to want a direction for the team, and I'm not going to predict so now like who they're actually going to.
Speaker 6: Go get there.
Speaker 7: It would be nice if they could go get Bob Myers somebody who they've been rumored to be around over the course of these past few months. Bob Myers would have interest if the Nuggets were able to pay him, So we will see whether they can pony up right.
Speaker 2: I actually put something out on X yesterday at Nick Ferguson out to score twenty five if you want to check that out where I talked about Bob Myers, Mike Brown even tossed out Kevin Durant. I mean, we live in a world of fantasy football, so I just threw out my three best. But you know, some of the comeback the comments that I've eve, you know, been pretty spot on. But one of them in particular, which made me think about the Nuggets organization and how much they are willing to kind of put this organization back on the map after getting rid of Michael Malone, and that was if they were to go after Bob Myers, would they be willing to pay him what he feels though he has earned the right to to just kind of remedy any.
Speaker 3: Kind of thissfunction that they have.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Josh Crockey right, and knowing as though they own so many sports franchise, they will be willing to give Bob Myers what he wants to kind of elevate this organization.
Speaker 6: It would be great if they did.
Speaker 7: You've seen and you guys are obviously very familiar with the NFL side of this. You've seen them expend resources for the RAMS organization. You've seen them expend resources for Arsenal. They are obviously kind up in a lot of different places, and this is something that they have learned. Like, if they identify a guy that they believe can push them forward, then then maybe this is a good opportunity for them to pony up and spend a little bit of money. And maybe the choice that they decide to make is we're going to spend extensive money on a general manager and not as much money on a head coach or vice versa. But I do think that if they have interest in a guy, and.
Speaker 6: If they believe that the goal for.
Speaker 7: Denver should be to get the right person in there to be the steward of Nikolokich's tenure of his crime, as Calvin Booth like to say, then you should go get the best candidate.
Speaker 6: You should.
Speaker 7: It's an unlimited checkbook that you're allowed to throw out there, and so if there is an opportunity to get one of the best executives in the NBA, then I think that they should try it.
Speaker 1: That Ryan Blackbird an NBA Blackburn on Twitter, I want to push back with the Ball Myers thing for a second. I love Ball Myers. I think he's a great general manager. I think he'd be a great candidate. But I want to play the other side of the coin for a minute. For those that don't know, I mean, he's the guy who hired Steve Kurry, brought Taranti and the Warriors.
Speaker 3: I think everybody should know all that.
Speaker 1: My question about Myers is he's got a really, really cozy relationship with Josh Harris. Why has that group not hired him as a general manager given all the problems they have with that basketball team. I mean, he's he's so close with him. He aided with him helping to hire Anna Peters and Dan Quinn over in Washington for the Commanders.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: It was a unique position that he had.
Speaker 7: When when he went over from the NBA to the NFL. It's something that surprised a lot of NBA people when it actually happened. I won't predict like pretend to know exactly.
Speaker 6: Why they haven't gone that route.
Speaker 7: Maybe they feel like they can go in a different direction and have already gone in a different direction around Jayden Daniels and doing what they need to do to build around him long term. But it's interesting. I think that he's always been more of an NBA guy, and the NBA is so much more about connections now. He's a former agent, He's a former guy who was already connected around the NBA. He's got the best relationships around the NBA of all the executives that you could really be pulling that are available, and for Denver, like that's actually one of the things that Calvin Booth really struggled with was was connecting with other people. And whether it was the personality quirks that he has had or just his willingness to be extremely blunt and not necessarily play the social game. I'm not sure, but I do think that Bob would be a good fit for Denver. He's talked glowingly about Denver as a not a job destination for himself, but just the opportunity to put a team around Nikoliokhich. I think he would revel in basically similar to the way that he had to put a team around Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Do you worry at all about Jamal Murray's health moving forward? Because I read something before I came in today to say that he may be available against Memphis tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Do you say I think that if he's still.
Speaker 2: Laboring with his injury, they should risk playing him or they should just hold off and wait until see what happens, whether they're in the play in or they are hosting a home game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 7: Final home game of the season for the regular season. Chair then replaced two more games obviously Friday and Sunday, and Murray is doubtful on the injury report as of now. If they wanted to rush him back, then they could. But the word that we were getting was that his injury was a lot more serious than the initial day to day evaluation that we saw. I don't know what's changed. It could have been an exacerbation of a hamstring injury. The hamstring is very tender, and especially in the NBA, where it could turn out to be a four to six week injury very very quickly. I'm not saying that that's what this is, but he's already missed I believe six games in a row. He's going on about two weeks, and if they were to rest him than he'd get an extra week. Assuming they continue to win and make the playoffs, he'd get another week in between now and when the playoffs were to start for resting that leg. So I think that there's a school of thought on both ends, because David Adaman would love to be able to build a playoff rotation with Denver's current group and then see where he could fit these guys in. But I also think he kind of knows what he has. He's been around, he's been through with Denver for a whole bunch of these playoff runs. So I don't think it's that important to get Murray back.
Speaker 6: But it would still be nice.
Speaker 1: To happen, you know, tan Ryan Blackbird at NBA Blackbird on Twitter. The Adamman earro starts with Jalen Ticket at the point, guard Russ Westbrook coming off the bench. Russ continued to struggle here as he struggled in the later part of the season. Picket at a great game. Whether that's a one offer, whether that's who he is, remains to be seen. But is that an Adamman move or is that an organizational move to see what they have out?
Speaker 6: That's funny.
Speaker 7: You removed Calvin Booth from the equation, you remove Michael Malone from the equation, and what does David Alliman do, Well, he doesn't change anything. He leaves Jalen Pickett in that starting lineup, which is what he.
Speaker 6: Had done in the Indiana game. And despite the fact.
Speaker 7: That there were some inconsistencies in the Indiana game, he leaves him out there in Sacramento, and Pickett pays it off.
Speaker 6: And then it's funny.
Speaker 7: He's if there's one player that has been in the pull of this Michael Malone Calvin Booth feud, it's it's jail.
Speaker 6: And Pickett at the center of it.
Speaker 7: Because Thickett was very representative of everything that Calvin Booth wanted to do in terms of turning what was Denver's competitive roster into a long term development project to try to match a team like the OKC Thunder what they're doing. Michael Malone wasn't having it, and unfortunately it got caught in the crossfire. Jalen Pickets actually just a good player.
Speaker 6: He's a good.
Speaker 7: Talented player and very helpful, and he makes very few mistakes, and as you can see when he hits his shots, he's very, very positive as a player and just just pretty solid overall. So I think that he's going to be a guy that if you have had to ask.
Speaker 6: Me, if Murray comes back and Pickett and.
Speaker 7: Russ are still out there, like who plays, who plays?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 7: Who plays the backup point guard position? Do they both play? Does one of them get their minutes reduced all the way down to zero? I don't know, Guys like this is this is uncharted territory that we're in here right now.
Speaker 6: But Adaman, it was notable to me there. Rather than go with the veteran, he went with the.
Speaker 7: Young guy, which is not something that you usually see as an interim head coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting looking forward to seeing how this thing plays out. We'll have to get back on again here soon once the Nuggers make the playoff. Ryan Blackburn, NBA Blackbird on Twitter.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, Thanks Nick, Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Take care Ryan Blackburn when we come back next. Thoughts on my imitation is the best form of flattery and there maybe a shift in the MVP voting.
Speaker 4: Listen, Rocus country kidwe