Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast, where recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. We'll go from UR six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you. I'm the Man without Fear, Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm your friendly neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Brent Alliance A Symbol, Volume two hundred and twenty five. We took a week off. We're back and someone is back after a his sojourn into the wasteland.
Speaker 2: Yes, unplanned, had a little bit of a family thing that just had to be taken care of and handled that night. Thank you to those of you who reached out. I will just say right now things are better. Progress is not a straight line, but things are moving better on that front. And I apologize to Carrie for missing the last episode. I shaded hearing the hall Age perspective. I wish I could have been on with him. He's been I know, a long time listener and that would have been great. And he listened to the Squadcast stuff I was a part of and longtime listeners, so that would have been great. So I apologized to him. And of course, Heines, thank you for filling in last week or last two weeks ago. I guess last episode as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. It's only been two weeks, but a lot's happened in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there was like nothing last week obviously with D twenty three, but then that D twenty three hits and it's like all kinds of different news this of last night, I read I think four or five different articles about Daredevil born Again from different interviews that happened at D twenty three. Just if you search, I was in the Apple News app and I just searched Daredevil and they all came up, and I was like, oh, I'm reading this. I'm reading this. I'm reading this. It's like it's an entertaining, entertaining evening before bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's been. It's been good again. Thank you Heines, and thank you Carrie. It was. It was great hearing it. And mister hind always for being a good sport and stepping in last minute. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: He's so good at it.
Speaker 1: But obviously, how you know, you said think things are improving, progressing at that point, but how has it been this week.
Speaker 2: You know, this week has been I'm really really tired. This week has been a hard one work wise. But you know what I've done. I have read a ton of comic books this week because I got sucked into a couple of stories.
Speaker 1: I've done the complete opposite.
Speaker 2: But when I say a ton of comic books, I mean like I've read in the last week, week and a half the number you probably read in two hours. But I've read about twenty issues, which for me is a lot. But I read all ten issues of from the Wolverine volume that just ended, of the Sabertooth War yep. And I really enjoyed that one. That was a fun, gruesome book. It was I know you're not digging it as much. But the current Venom title, which I won't be broken hearted when it's over, but I'm enjoying it for what it is. It had a crossover with a current Carnage title, and I enjoyed that quite That Carnage title book is way more interesting than I thought it was going to be. But I don't know if you've read any of that, but I enjoyed that. I enjoyed that crossover. Other than the last part of the crossover clear really didn't end, it just started. It was really the first part of the next Carnond story. I'm like, come on, like, I hate it when they do that. But it's just like little mixed there. But it's sorry. It was. It's a good story and I'm I'm gonna keep reading it. But and then a few random one offs of my regular regulars that come out. But I just I was like, man, I'm reading as much as Chris does in a single day and it took me. But the ten issues of Wolverine I read it. It was great. I read it all on a day. Seriously, if you guys have Marvel un Limited and you haven't read it, Sabertooth War the Heart was beautiful the whole way through, and it.
Speaker 1: Is it's wild. It's yes, it is wild. I definitely would agree with that recommendation. Yet, this week is the first week back to school, so Chris has not done any ready. Chris has done Chris has been up late getting a lot of stuff done for this week. But again, I love my job and it's all for the kids, and so it's been It's been good because this is my first time being an elementary school administrator. So elementary school beginning of the year versus middle and high school. Wow, it is it is a whole thing at that point. You know, I've got kids in elementary school, but I'm not there. So now I'm gonna think of it, and it's you know again, it's it's fun, but it's it's a whole different ballgame.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So so I'm very tired. So if you hear me sounding a little different, yeah, I'm a little congested at this point. But that's the beginning of the week, not getting too much, not getting a bed on time, and not getting enough sleep. So hopefully I can make up for it this weekend. So but but all right, Yes, we got a lot of stuff to talk about, like the main focus of the show tonight, bulk of it, almost the entirety of it, will be focused on d twenty three, So let us get all the lovely network plugs out of the way. So we are part of the Geguletiman Alliance Network with seven shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes below and subscribe to the Geegletiman Alliance Network on Twitter at g Waypod network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our away, we've got two tiers. We got our dollar tiers, our tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollar tier with ad free episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows, including our first show on the Patreon week wats of Aliday, the Marvel Alliance Infinity Saga Rewatch twenty four episodes there to download and listen to covering the Infinity Saga, and then our current show Tales from the House of X, where we are watching our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men. Four episodes currently up there, Deadpool, Deadpool two, The Wolverine, and Logan and Brent. We took July off because of all our lovely travels, but now we're back and we're getting ready to record next Monday, diving into a movie that I don't even remember the last time i'd seen.
Speaker 2: I'd watched it, yeah, the first X Men movie.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: I did my homework already for it.
Speaker 1: My homework will be done on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It had been a very long time since I watched it. But in the history of comic book movies, one of the most important, regardless of how you feel about it, one of the most important. I enjoyed revisiting it. I'm looking forward to discussing it when we record that next week.
Speaker 1: Yep. So we'll record it next week and it'll drop the last Monday of the month. That's probably the next week after so, and we got the DC Alliance guys doing their DC films through the years. We got Joe with his Multiverse minus Disney Dives. He just dropped a new episode of that. Looking at every single theatrical release of Disney Animation, I think this is I can't remember the title of it, but I know is the fourth of the package films at that point where Disney had like two or three mini shorts combined into one big movie. So this is the fourth one of that. So check it out. It's I've really enjoyed it just because of things I've never seen before. But I'm a junkie for Disney, but also for a lot of the behind the scenes interesting stories that Joe talks about. So check that out, and we get a lot of back content out there. So we want to thank our patrons. We can't do this out your support. But if you're not a member of our Patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com, backslash Gway network for all of that lovely content. And if you can't join us on Patreon, we totally understand. We want to take if you want to take thirty to ninety seconds and rate and review us. And I have a podcast Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcast, we greatly appreciate it. Brent, I know we want to talk about Patreon real quick for something that's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're an if you are an iPhone iPad user, if that's how you are subscribed to Patreon. Starting in November, basically, prices are going to go up by thirty percent because a tacking thirty percent onto the charge of that. It's the part that is unclear to me that I've seen mixed messages on. Is is it only going to affect new subscribers or is it going to affect existing subscribers. Now to be clear, if you subscribe to Patreon through their website but then you just use the app, I actually have to check. I don't know what I did. But if you use the app, well, then you're pretty and clear. But if you subscribe through the app, those are the people it's going to affect. I'm just not sure if it's affecting new subscriptions only or all subscriptions, but either way, that's starting in November. So hey, if if all that Patreon content that Chris just talked about sounds interesting to you, I would say just to play it safe. And this pays me as an Apple fan, but hey, they're making a terrible.
Speaker 1: Decision broaden Apple.
Speaker 2: Go to No Joe, go to Patreon's website and sign up there.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely, so check that out again. I'm glad I remembered it when it did.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: But last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Organic price Books dot Com for on abus hardcover collected to sh Need JP and the crude opb have got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate packaging ships around the world. We've got a huge amount of omnies coming from Marvel and this next final learder cutoff, we've got Black Panther by Reginald Hudland, all in one volume that illustrious run two covers for that. This is Big Bar Devil by Ann Nacente and John remita junior first time ever and oversized hardcover collected for the very first time. That is the that is the in between of the end of the Miller era and going into the Marvel Knights era. So that's the first volume of that. So that has been a big hole in collections there. Let's see what else we've got. Oh yes, amazing Spider Man volume six in omnibus format. So and our brand Tonight's personal favorite. It's always fun to joke about it. Ultimate fantastic for while you're going to say that, but use echoed. Marvel gua check out to get two dollars off every single order. Lets him know you're a listener. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, so we have a lot to talk about. Oh yeah, with the twenty three you know, I was on the day of the film Junkies Vodka stream on Friday just doing this live. He had forgotten it was going to be going live the same time as his show, so he was like, all right, he wants to jump on and start breaking this down. And it was a lot of fun. So I've had a lot of time to kind of sit on this, kind of digest some stuff. We know. Bren and I know a lot of these trailers have leaked. Some of them are still out there, so I've gotten sniped, some haven't gotten sniped. Brent and I will not be showing the leaked ones because we don't want to be demonetized or sniped by Kevin Figee and Bob Iger, but we'll be talking about the footage and giving our thoughts on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I typically would have zero interest in watching a cam recorded copy of a trailer. But there's two real reasons why why I ended up watching these. One, all of these projects are really far away. They're really far out there. I think the very first one or the next one is Captain America, A Brave New World. It's not till February. They are a long ways away. Two, the footage and really audio was surprisingly clean for all ass like I was able to like normally, if I watch something from a camera like if I's like no, you can barely make stuff out. These are surprisingly clean and so yes, I watched them. I broke my personal rules several times for well, I watched all of the footage several times for a couple of them, but normally would. But yeah, though, just be aware if you are on a spoiler version. We're gonna talk openly about D twenty three footage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's some of the stuff that added from SDCC. Some of it's the exact same stuff from SDCC, but definitely gonna talk about it. And Julia says, I've seen a seen the leakked trailier. A. Yeah, we saw a lot of those.
Speaker 2: We saw some multiple times, yes.
Speaker 1: Many, many times from different angles. All right, So we're gonna start off with the Marvel Studios panel, which happened on Friday night, and that went on for a while. That went on for a lot long, like just the whole Disney Studios panel. Marvel was a part of that. That was it felt almost close to three hours.
Speaker 2: It was long, But I'm not upset with that. It's just like they kept having more and more stuff than It's like, Wow, they really do have a lot. But at the same time, they didn't talk about any new shows like everything or movies or anything. Was all pre existing content we already knew about was coming. And I think that was a good decision.
Speaker 1: I think again, it goes back to me because I sound like broke a record, you know, Bob Iger and pointing out that we're slowing down, We're we're kind of holding where they're putting out what exactly they have left from the previous era. I think the one show we haven't seen anything of, but it's been acknowledged officially as Wonderman. That's the only show they have acknowledged. But we have not seen anything of, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, butnowledged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we know it's true.
Speaker 2: We know it's true.
Speaker 1: But all right, so let's start off with Captain America Brave New World. So it was briefly discussed. The same footage was shown at Sanego Comic Con, a little extra footage here and there. There. They started off with a scene with President Thaddeus Ross played by Harrison Ford, directly talking about the celestial that came out of the Earth at the end of the Eternals and the production of a new element, new material called what is this called?
Speaker 2: Brent, Well, we got to here, Harrison Ford say, adam antium.
Speaker 1: You know, it just feels right. Hearing Harrison Ford say those words, it's just it's just.
Speaker 2: Cool, right, Is there anyone cooler to say adam Antium probably, and then I want.
Speaker 1: The reporter to ask if brister President or excuse me, Harrison, mister Ford, what is at Adamantium?
Speaker 2: He probably has no idea, it doesn't care.
Speaker 1: So yes, it was cool to kind of hear that we had heard it discuss. Sam Wilson is shown with Joaquin in his Falcon soup. As they are flying together. They put a gends with President Thaddeus while Ross becoming the Red Hulk. This is a new look at Thattius Hulk for what we had seen at the podium, and man, he is I mean pun intended. He is massively hulked out.
Speaker 2: I love the way the Hulk looks and the Red Hulk looks in this. I absolutely love it. Funny thing I saw some tweets where people are like, did they really just take the and make him red? And the replies were like, why do you find out what his name is?
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, his face looks very very well like Harson Forwards with his yellow eyes and black hair. So and that's that's kind of what it should be.
Speaker 2: He looked. He looks great. It looks great.
Speaker 1: I think we obviously when we see it in a real trailer. See it in that footage. We'll get it better than a like cam footage at that point. You know, speaking of all these league stuff, like, they're usually much better about keeping some of this out, and I know they did a much better job of keeping people from putting stuff out there for the animation panel, but this one, it almost seemed like they didn't care.
Speaker 2: I didn't see anything any footage from the animation pan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like it's like they didn't care. It's almost like they're like, just go for it. We're not coming for you on this one.
Speaker 1: We kind of you be our publicity and we don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: I still wish they had a live stream on Disney Plus. I would pay for a live stream of it on Disney Plus. I would have happily done that.
Speaker 1: Or even just do it after the fact like they did with the Disney Legends, because that's on Disney Plus. They could have easily done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they had like little a little like ten minute recap thing that my friend Brocks sent me the on like the official Marvel channels, and I watched it and it was cool and It was nice to see like good quality footage of that stuff. But I'm like, just put the whole thing up there after that, I still would have watched it.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what we were just talking about, Julio. Yeah, the President turning into Red Hulk. Yeah, it's it's It was just cool to kind of see its stand of seeing from behind, we got to see it really upfront, close up close and personal. So uh but yeah, that was about it for Brave New World, and followed up by some new stuff from The Fantastic Four with the best title in the world First Steps.
Speaker 2: Weird title, but a right here yeap. So.
Speaker 1: The footage, filmed in four point four four to three aspect ratio, looks like it's playing on a retro television. Starts off with Reid Richards play by Pedro Pascal, teaching a classroom asking if they want to see an explosion. The Thing played by Ebon Moss background is seen on a retro dating show the game, but only in a silhouette, so we kind of see him in the thing form. The footage ends with a team in an astronaut suits with the last names of each of the characters in the suits as they enter a retro futuristic rocket before the ship takes off and the aspect ratio of the footage changes. The footage end with Galactus's face behind a building. Part of his face is seen through the building and it's clear that it has a very comic accurate look. So basically this is the STC trailer. Yes, yes, so, and but what was new? And as I kind of pull it up on here, we got our first look at the cast and the costume, or at least a version of said costume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I'm okay with it right now. I don't think it's bad. I don't think it's perf I don't think it's what. It definitely wasn't what I was thinking. I've kind of moved on, like I don't you know. I know we got what we did with John Krazinski's Mister Fantastic that that was great. They're doing a look of this. I with everything I'm gonna say, I need to see it in action. I wouldn't put it past them. Is if this is maybe a first a first look at the suit, and maybe they'll be an improved suit later on. But if this is the suit, I need to see it in live action to really give a full thing. So I'm not I'm not totally disappointed. It's not It's not bad at all. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: I am hoping that this is like the pre launch, like the pre power Suit, and it's like a flashback scene, and that they were wearing some sort of special suits for that. I know they're probably just going to be in astronaut suits, but I don't. I don't love it as a final costume for the movie, right like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I'm but.
Speaker 2: Like you said, seeing it in action could make a big difference, and it's worth noting, Well, the thing is gonna be all rocky, He's not gonna see it this way, Johnny Storm and Battle is going to be on fire, and Visible Woman is going to be invisible half the time. No, and reads is gonna look totally different, stretchy. So just seeing it this way isn't even a good It's not like another costume for a character like say Daredevil, getting a look at him where it's like, that's what the costume looks like like in battle, he still looks the same. All of their powers make them look different in an actual combat and so I think even if this is it, I think it'll be fine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you said, the things basically wearing underwear usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so, but it wasn't a matter of a wrestling slinglet so yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was cool just getting to see it for the first time. Maybe that was a nice little gem to put out there. So but but yeah, so that was mostly fantastic. Pot. I mean, how are you feeling it after sitting on it for a couple of weeks after SDCC.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good. I'm feeling positive. You know. I'm still kind of amazed at how much they've I know it's basically proved of concept videos, but I'm amazed at how much of that they've been able to put together to have something to show a s CCC, to have something to show a D twenty three didn't even take into consideration that costume could have just been something they threw together for that, like maybe it'll be the same design but different material or something for Johnny there that we saw. Overall, I'm feeling good about it. I've seen a few people saying they don't understand why why this is the particular actor for Johnny for you. His name's escaping me right now. I don't know why. It seems fine to me from what I've read, but you know, let's let's get it.
Speaker 1: He's gotten his you know, you know, he Justseph Quinn, by the way, think you know got his big break came from Stranger Things. He had a big part in the Quiet Place prequel movie that came out. I mean, he's a rising star. I don't have a problem with it. I'm not a I wasn't. I'm not a huge fan of Stranger Things. It's just not my tempo, and people find that strange. I'm a geek and it very much in eighties culture. So I guess what not my tempo?
Speaker 2: I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. See, So I totally get I have it as a no problem with the casting of Omar is trying to be cheeky. He said, we've been craving a look at these costumes for a long time.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I don't get it Omar one bit.
Speaker 1: All right, So the next up we get is the only official trailer that they put out. There was a new trailer for Agatha all along. Now, Brent, they just released it. Their first trailer three or four weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I liked that they did this and it was cool, Like did you did you see the video of them singing at the twenty three?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: That was awesome, right, like like justn Hahn and the cast scene, like for real, that was really cool. And that song is in this trailer and it's pretty darn catchy. It's pretty darn catchy.
Speaker 1: Yes, before we start playing it, I hear are the lyrics of the song. Marching ever forwardneath the wooded shrine, I straight out from the path, I hold ooth hand in mine, primal night, give it a sight familiar by side. If some be gone, we carry on spirit as our guide. Down down down the road, down the Witch's room. Blood and tears and bone maiden, mother, Crane, Crane. The road is wild and wicked, winding through the wood, where all those wrong is right and all that's bad is good. Through many miles of twisted trials, we wander high and low. Take your fears adore, peers. The time has come to go down, down down the road, down the Witch's road. Follow me, my friend to the glory at the end. They much better singers than I am.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know why you didn't sing it, but.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. I don't even know the two yet. I haven't committed that one to memory, so it is.
Speaker 2: It is definitely a catchy song, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's kind of look at this trailer. We'll kind of stop at point, so like the witches run in general, so we see Agatha and the rest of the coven kind of sing this song as they start going out. Blue light is seen the door, the same shade at the back of the Witch's Road. So it's safe to assume that they when they sing the ballot of the Witch's Roads, to the end of the road, a magical realm, what will reward you if you pass the trials?
Speaker 2: Supposed to reward you with like your greatest desire yep.
Speaker 1: So they're kind of seeing exactly going back and forth through things.
Speaker 2: We've seen a little bit of WandaVision footage yep, reminding you where she comes from. Hey, remember that show you were obsessed over continuation.
Speaker 1: Yep, So again kind of using that kind of television, going back and forth through WandaVision.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Back in the back and the morgue, and we see that on October thirteenth. All right, so the Westview sign, the population of west Row now reads two thy two hundred and fifty one, a big decrease from what it was. I had to go back and look this up three eight hundred and twenty two. So we've got a lot of people leaving Westview. I wonder, I'm sure people.
Speaker 2: I'm sure a good joke of them left after coming out of the hecks and they're like, I'm done with this, I'm out. How many people saw Wanda put out of the back under like her individual spell. They don't want to be there when Wanda comes back, right, I mean they don't know that Wanda's you know, quote unquote dad, right, they don't know about the events and doctors changing the multiverse, amnas. I That alone is to me enough of a reason for them to get out of town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you get introduced to some of our witches. So she's getting ready to head to the road. Into the basement they go and we get our you know, relook at Abu Plaza's Rio. Rio's initially not with the coven. If you pay close attention this, this trailer reveals that she crawls out of the ground. This is interesting because the trailer is strongly suggests that you need a coven to enter Witch's Road. My question is, is Rio Vidal an exception to that rule?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there there. I guess it's a question of do you need that to get started on the Witch's Road or to cross the barrier or the presumed barrier to reach the end. So, but at this point it certainly seems like she joins Agatha's covenant.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another subtle thing that I kind of caught on a rewatch of the trailer, there's a spider on her shoulder. The spider moves and become more visible. Given Rio's apparent strong connection with nature, it's possible the spider could be her pet familiar, kind of like agathas who Agath has senior Scratchy who makes it a reappearance in this I really do think that Rio is gonna be the big antagonist for this this group, and.
Speaker 2: I think she'll also be like the breakout character, or at least has the greatest opportunity to be.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, all right. You gotta love these kind of playing with the homages of the different witches archetypes. You know, you get Agatha as the Wicked Witch of the West pictured here. The Carl Duru is Glinda, the good witch, and if her Kale is the evil witch. Agatha along appears to be drawn from a lot of fairy tale miss.
Speaker 2: I've seen some references that we're gonna see different in different episodes, different like inspirations, not unlike I wanna vision.
Speaker 1: Did there we get possessed Agatha? You know, the spider walk scene reminiscent of the Exorcists. Then there you go another you know, a lot of like spooky supernatural horror homages as well.
Speaker 2: So creepy that shot where she's like our back looks broken as she's been over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd see the you know kind of you very kind of seventies look. You can see. You get a lot of like hourglasses and watches in this trailer. You know, the President of Time indicates like the hourglass and the watch is seen. It's just that time is going to play a very crucial role in this, like time is running out.
Speaker 2: Yea, So.
Speaker 1: Darkness darkness takes all a very interesting play of words. You know, they definitely are playing up kind of this being trying to play up that Disney d Disney plus like maybe their version Memci's version of horror. You know, but I don't think it's going to go as hard as World by Night. I still think no.
Speaker 2: I think you're right there. But it feels like it'll be fitting for Halloween time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you get this came out broach with a hair inside. It was previously revealed that Agatha would have a different brooch in this series. The new trailer reveals that Agatha discovers a new brooch at the crime scene where she finds what appears to be wanting maxim Off's body. The brooch contains a brown strand of hair. Who could it be? Whose hair? Could that be? Brent?
Speaker 2: Brown strand of hair? And the brooch? I mean, well, I guess her own, Wanda's isn't Red Billy's. Maybe, I don't know. Who are you thinking?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, I have no clue. People coming out of the ground, A lot of a lot of people coming out of the ground. Oh look, hey, fit's still confirmed, right, yeah, exactly, Ali stands before that's Ali stand before demon in golfed in flames. It's hard to tell whether the demon is composed of fire, basically being consumed by it. We also get some look at the Witch Trials as well, so you know Agatha along, you know still premiering. Was it September eighteenth, two episode premiere?
Speaker 2: That sounds right, so.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm interested. This trailer has done nothing to change my opinion right now the show that I'll obviously we'll watch it because for you the people. I don't think this is going to be a low point for Disney Plus, but I don't think it's going to be it. I wanted to move to Neil, but I don't think it's going to do much.
Speaker 2: I think it's I don't know. For me, it definitely moved the needle towards a more hut okay position. I really really enjoyed this trailer, and I came away from it thinking it's not a slam dunk like people are gonna like hit Wanda levels of phenomenon. They're not. That's not that may never happen again as far as well. Yeah, but even that's probably not a mystery box show the way Juana Vision was. But I mean, who knows it might be. But I do feel like this has the potential to really be a popular one, to be a bigger show and be one of those things that by the time you get to week three, week four, people are saying, you need to catch up on this. It's quite the ride. The potential I think is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I think there is potential. I just don't it. I was just wondering, why would they just release another new trailer, like that's very rare for them to do that. I get it was d twenty three, but they released the first trailer before s DCC. I don't think there was any reason to put it out there. If anything, they should have just done them singing to promote it and then move on another trailer.
Speaker 2: I don't know is that it is weird to have two trailers so close together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see again right now. I'm glad you're more excited about I'm kind of lukewarm on it right now, but hey, you know, I want everything to be successful as much as they can and bring more attention to this. So all right, we got two more things to kind of discussed from the Marvel studio. Is part of the panel iron Heart, Remember that show, Brent.
Speaker 2: You know, I think we might actually see it next year.
Speaker 1: They did have a trailer put in there, which you know, the last time we heard about Ironheart when it was delayed and that there would be some big reshoots coming for it. So one of the reasons, besides the strike that they had delayed it was that they the rumor was to premiere it closer to that lovely fake movie, as mister Sell calls it, Armor Wars.
Speaker 2: I still feel like this could lead.
Speaker 1: To that, but that's the rumor at that point.
Speaker 2: By the time, you would think at some point that movie would need to be in production four a time.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe maybe. Uh So they did show footage of so Ryan Couger and the cast find Her came on stage. They showed the footage of the series first trailer began with re reflying through the sky in her suit. The footage also shows her life at MIT after the eventsible Conda Forever. She should be stuck and desperate to rebuild her suit. I almost think, like I believe she's also kicked out of MIT too.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was. She was expelled or whatever the red terminology is.
Speaker 1: They probably for using the university resources for it was.
Speaker 2: The same I don't remember his name, but like the same teacher, the same guy who has appeared in had a cameo on Captain America's Civil War asking Stark if the grant would flight a staff as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she tried to find cash for a defund of projects. She seems up with Anthony Ramos's character The Hood to sneak into various warehouses and labs to find resources that are necessary. Ramas's character ends up turning evil and is shown in a suit in a red cape, hence the name The Hood. The last shot of the trailer shows the suit flying and re Re and her suiting up in visuals reminiscent from Iron Man movies as she flips a truck into the street and the trailer ends. Now here's my question to you. In the comics, re Rey has an AI of Tony Stark. Are we gonna get that AI?
Speaker 2: I don't think we will at first, But I mean it's not impossible, especially because I mean Rdij is back, like we know he's back, so it could be something, and that's something they could do pretty easy without people knowing about it, especially since publicly he's back as as doctor Doom. But I just I don't feel like we're going to yet. Maybe eventually and Heart will have that. I would even enjoy it if they did. I just I'm not entirely convinced will see it yet. I would love to be wrong though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those things that I don't think it's entirely necessary right now, because you know, we we don't. We know a little bit about re read from willcon Ifever, but not a lot. So they really they have to re establish kind of her and her story for this. This I am interested in because I'm a big Iron Man fan. I love the Williams character from the comics. Uh, it's a great character, and I am I'm more excited about this in Agatha all along. So I'm one of the weird ones that's that was on last Friday night's stream and it was just like, yeah, I'm actually pretty excited. I mean, it's it's it hits all the buttons for me right now.
Speaker 2: I don't see anything weird about it.
Speaker 1: Yep. All right, So were they they ended with what we were hoping we were going to get. We heard a lot of rumors. We heard we were going to get our first look of it. It was never it has not been officially released. It's a shame it hasn't. But dare Devil Born Again came out in full force. Brent, Yes it did.
Speaker 2: And just seeing you know, all of them back on stage together, like the Kingpen and Matt Murdoch compunished.
Speaker 1: Including friend of the show John Berthall.
Speaker 2: Friend of the show. That feels like a bit much, But yes, I loved all the people saying he confirmed it, and I'm like, yes, we got. We got a lot of credit on the stream on Friday forgetting that because I'm sure he told lots of people he was definitely in it. There were so many step photos like.
Speaker 1: But he told you, he told us that marble lines.
Speaker 2: He did. He did flat out tell me yes, and that you can't take that away from me, That's for certain. But it was just so fun to see them together again, like on stage publicly in a way that was meant to be seen publicly. Yes.
Speaker 1: Uh So they discussed the series. They describe it as being kept in a similar tone to the Netflix series, which we've also heard due to the post strike rewrites. Graffiti art of both Daredevil and Kingpin was displayed before the exclusive footage of the series teaser begins with Matt Murdoch visiting White Tiger in prison. You know Unfortunately, the actor who played White Tiger has passed away due to cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not going to get us see the reaction, which is, you know, really disappointing for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one of those where we glad we get to see it, but we hope exactly that, you know, whatever happens to the character, it we get some good finality of it. So I'm of all the things to possibly be your last one, why not be in Daredevil?
Speaker 2: You know, sure, absolutely so.
Speaker 1: Uh so we get the White Tiger costume is shown. The character of White Tiger tells Matt we need a hero since Kingping is rising in power and influence in New York. But it also shows Frank Castle as the Punisher confronting Matt Murdoch and very short snippets of action footage. Matt is seemingly overwhelmed by this grab of power through mayoral candidacy. The footage ends with Matt, Murdoch, and Wilson talking and in Dinah, which is I'm a big fan of the movie Heat. This is very reminiscent of that of Robert De Niro and al Pacino for the very first time ever in their entire career. Is being on the same set, but just them sitting down in this diner. Fisk asking Murdoch if the warning about this rise to power that Matt says, if you step out a line I'm gonna take I will take you down and I will be there. He says, is that coming from you, Matt Murdoch or from your darker half? And he has this very sinister laugh. We also do get a scene where we see like four or five or five or six different color helmets that shot.
Speaker 2: So many questions are we gonna get see the suits at some point? Like why why does he have them all? Like we've seen one of them right at the yellow suits there from from she Hulk. Okay, that's accounted for, and you know, basically his red suit.
Speaker 1: But it's like we had shadow Lands as well, like where.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like give me the shadow Lands suit, show me that stuff, Like I want to see all the suits, every one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we already saw yellow. So and we get with Matt fighting in civilian clothes. We also get it looks like Kamala Khan's father is in this two very different parts weird, very strange, just more so real life, is that he has been accused and is being brought up on charges of sexual assault. And I'm one of these things.
Speaker 2: One of the full on assault. I mean I realized, but like I tried to fight.
Speaker 1: There the harassment ourselves one of.
Speaker 2: The two, definitely harassment and grooming.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if okay, as far as the assault was, I'm not sure I will stand corrected, but you are right on the harassment either way. It's like why why, Like like.
Speaker 2: If if they're doing a Miss Marvel season two, I kind of get why you'd still use them. I don't really get at this point why you would bring them in to their devil. There's gotta be a good rule or in this trailer or in the trailer. Yeah, I mean, I guess there could have been.
Speaker 1: There could have been other scenes. I know, like everyone everyone was like saying, why is he there? Like not a good not in a good way, questioning, Well, if.
Speaker 2: You do it in the trailer, the news breaks and the questioning breaks predominantly now instead of in March or twenty twenty five when it releases. Maybe that's why. But why put themselves in that position to begin with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. There's definitely gonna be questions about that, but he does ask that what kind of lawyer is he? As he's walking away, he says, A really good.
Speaker 2: One, really good one.
Speaker 1: Where we heard that, where we heard that's a little movie called No Way Home. So I must have seen watched this trailer in different leaked ways a lot, a lot, a lot, so much so that I said, we need to download this so we can have this so that we can watch it and not have to lose it until we get the actual official released.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and downloading videos of Twitter is harder than it used to be, but thankfully we were able to find out on TikTok and at least get it, get it there. I love seeing I mean again, we knew he was back, but I love seeing point exter right, that's great. You know he's never named Bullseye in the first aired Devil series, right right, but hopefully, hopefully we're going to see him pull up pullr Scott right right, take up that Daredevil name or that that Bullseye name and Daredevil born again. Just so much about this and that action at the end looked amazing, And some of the articles that I read they talked about how this is absolutely a continuation of the previous version of the show. You don't necessarily have to have seen it. And there has been obviously time jump because there's been time since the last one. But those events happened, like I think it was Deborah Wall, who plays Karen, who said, like those events from the first three seasons of Daredevil happened in the past of this show.
Speaker 1: And let me say this, I'm so happy for her and focking and like she per in particular, she has been like kind of waiting the wings when the first iteration of this, she wasn't even gonna be in it, like Peard. I don't think she was ever brought in into the fold of the first iteration of the attempt at this no, like they.
Speaker 2: And it was huge, just such a huge own goal if they were going to do that. I'm so the strike had so many negative things that came out of it, but one, at least one positive was it gave them time to really look at what they had and to decide, we're not doing it right. We need to do this better. We deserve to do it better, the fans deserve better, the character deserves better. If we want to keep it the same version, let's just definitively canonize the Netflix stuff. And I love that they were going, that they went that far and that they did that and they brought those characters back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so all right, so we're gonna close out this and with our first ad break before we get into the Marvel Animation panel. So listeners, these ads help keep the lights on of the Gee Ultimate Alliance network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud to give it that three count before they come on three two one, We'll be right back and we are back. So one thing all we did get from, like you said, the date of Daredevil is March twenty twenty five or so, Happy birthday to me. Yes, very much so, so I'm gonna be very excited for that. And I think we did get confirmation also that season two is happening. Uh, it is not going to start filming until next year, though I've heard I heard a conflicting thing. I the I read I heard when we were talking about it last Friday night, someone was saying, like, it's filming like in the next month or so. Then I read I can't remember what one what Variety or a Hollywood reporter saying next year early next year.
Speaker 2: So it could be a different project, but Charlie Cox recently had to drop out of a convention appearance because of his filming schedule. Could be a completely unrelated project, but could be that. When I read that, I thought, well, are they going into their Devil season two already? So there's not a massive delay between seasons or you know, the crossover loving person in me is like, is he gonna appear somewhere else? Is he gonna do something else? Like I'm not saying he's going to show up in a Brave New World or anything like that, but he could show up somewhere and so maybe I don't know, but either way, he could also be doing a letely different nothing to do with Marvel projects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll have to see. So we're a little bit sketchy in that, but we know season two is happening. That's that's that's some great news. So all right. So the next day, Saturday Afternoon Marvel and Mischipanel was hosted by Brandon Davis, who unfortunately released the news today that he is officially no longer employed by comicbook dot Com. So unfortunate for him, big fan of Brandon and I have no doubt that he will land on his feet, but I know him personally how long he's been with the company. They recently got sold to another company. He had talked about very honestly on the recent episode of Phase zero that he was in contract negotiation and hope they could come to agreement, but did say goodbye. It's justin caith had happened, and unfortunately he did say this morning that he is no longer there. So but with that, it is very interesting to see all the lovely anime that happened with this panel, starting off with what If? Season three?
Speaker 2: Final season?
Speaker 1: Yep, that was the first reveal it will be the final season of it, which is I get it, But what if is one of these concepts that it could have gone on forever. I could have legitimately gone on forever.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm disappointed that it's ending because I enjoyed season one overall, despite some of the complaints I had that each episode needed to be a few minutes longer. Season two I thought was a really nice improvement. It's like you're going You're moving the right direction. Overall, I'm a little disappointed at that at the same time. No, I'd rather they end it when they're ready to end it, then wait until it fizzles out because no one's watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to overstay. You're welcome, and remember I this season broke one of the things that Figy Kevin Feige had said about the show originally concept nothing, no new characters would be induced it within the show. This season broke it, and how so it's gonna look like this season is also going to break it. So they different alternative universe concepts that will be explored in the final season include Voltron, anime style episode introducing as an Avengers team led by Sam Wilson and consisting of Moonnight, Photon, Red Guardian, and more Pilot giant mecha suits in order to combat Gamma Monsters. It would also reveal that other episodes in the final season will explore characters like Moonnight, Ironheart, Hung Chi, and White Vision aka snow Vision.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it, especially Hung Chi because Man, I'm one of those people who's really been wanting to see him again since that movie.
Speaker 1: I know, and I was hoping that we're gonna we were gonna learn something a STCC and am not a darn thing, And.
Speaker 2: I really thought, like I I thought it was in the bank we were. I'll learn something there, I know.
Speaker 1: I lost out on two predictions of overall, and then it went back to, oh darn, I got some other predictions right with this when I got one more to get to the end. And I'm not doing half bad in my predictions out of my five. So I lost out on two in two short weeks. But I'm still in the hunt. So so not much, not too much. They didn't really talk about too much of the footage from what If, but again, same kind of concepts. We still don't have a date. Do you think we're getting at this year?
Speaker 2: Man, that's tough. Eh, it wouldn't surprise me if it started this year. I don't know that it'll end this year, but yeah, why not, I'll say, yes, we're we're gonna get it this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like it. Do they do the same release schedule on the holidays?
Speaker 2: It seemed to be pretty popular last time.
Speaker 1: That depends what you talked to.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's all things I saw. For someone like me who I saw lots of good things about it.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed. It is just like someone who's trying to keep up in getting ready for a show and trying to stay ahead of the curves. Like it a little stressful, little stress.
Speaker 2: If they don't have a Christmas episode, then I think it's less likely.
Speaker 1: They do it that way. Okay, fair enough, I do think that there is a strong possibility, but they haven't. They didn't say when it was coming out, they didn't say year or anything. They just it exists. So next up the one of the brightest gems X to Deadpool Wolverine X Men ninety seven season two. So we knew season two was in in production and it's even before season one ever premiered, and that was thanks to voice actor who plays Wolverine releasing footage of him or photos of him recording dialogue for season two. So not much new footage was shown at the animation panel. However, they were brief slippets of the upcoming season. In the sizzle reel, footage revealed that the X Men would be wearing the Grant Morrison suits in the upcoming season, So we get these lovely bright costumes only to be brought in back to the Grant Morrison era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really hope that's for like one episode. Now, I liked the Grant Morrison run on the X Men, which I know is the most popular thing to say overall. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: I Yeah, Grant Morrison, right, I did not like you?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, there are people who don't like that run. No, I mean no, I mean like you make it sound like there's a lot of people who don't like that run.
Speaker 2: I mean every single thing I've ever read of a Grant Morrison book, it seems it's just split down the middle, polarizing. You love it or you hate it, and I'm the same way.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're right with that.
Speaker 2: I enjoy some of his work. I don't enjoy some of his work. I really don't enjoy some of it. I really do enjoy some of it.
Speaker 1: But regardless, how's your feelings on Superman Bred?
Speaker 2: Which one?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: The one I'm talking about, the Superman, the New fifty two Superman, the one of which my friend and I uses the basis for at least it's better than that because we hated it so much. I hated that book. That book sucked. The Grant Morrison X Men costumes not a big fan of I never was quite right, and honestly does it kind of ruin the joke of what did you expect black leather that Cyclobs said the cable. I'm like, no, it was funny at the time. It doesn't ruin the joke, but I'm like, ah, it is. I hope it's just for an episode.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be a little bit longer than episode, but I don't. I hope it's not the entire season for sure, because again they all disappeared in their costumes, so so we'll have to see at that point. But yeah, I mean I was a huge fan of New x Men with Grant Morrison. Yes, you are right, there's a lot of division.
Speaker 2: With everything that Morrison does. His Batman run is excellent.
Speaker 1: For the record, I'm a student of history, all right. I don't deal in absolutes, and I'm not gonna go as far as everything Grant Morrison does is divisive, but I lean more towards the favor Sime of what they do and what And again I'm a big fan of their X x Men New x Men run. So regardless, regardless we get characters returning it, some new we get Havoc, We're gonna get Havoc. We're gonna get Pullaris back, Bishops back, Apocalypse is back. And there was some misconception that first people said Warlock is coming back. They stand corrected. It was actually Danger is gonna make her first appearance in X Men ninety seven.
Speaker 2: I think that's super interesting. I kind of like that character. It's just like Dangers are own mutant, right, the Danger Room becoming sincient and that's cool, and Warlock's fine. We've seen Warlock. I don't really need more. We're going to leave.
Speaker 1: Warlock kind of like Bizarro, I'm good without the backwards, but.
Speaker 2: Like Danger, well, I to my knowledge, we've never seen Danger in any of the animation. If we have, I haven't seen it yet. We have not. I'm looking forward to that. That'll be pretty cool. Yep uh.
Speaker 1: The brief snippets seemed to confirm that Wolverine did survive Magneto's attack on him at the end of the last season. Other than that, no new information was divulged. Bo Demeyo did tweet out regarding the costume change. He said, with all the costume changes, the decision was rooted in the story for me and themes in season two will explore Obviously these suits have a strong ties to Genosha and e is for Extinction, which was one of the arcs of Grant Morrison's run.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should consider some more Morrison x men at some point for comic.
Speaker 1: You don't, you don't have to, you don't have to sell sell me on that. I will always say, yes, I know what I will say. What I will say, going back to our discussion about that, what I will say is what is the really divisive about? It is not necessarily Grant Morrison's writing. It's either like Frank Quietly's art. Are you don't that?
Speaker 2: Yes, You're absolutely right enough that I think.
Speaker 1: Is at anything that is probably even more divisive. So in any case, let's move on to Eyes of Akanda. So we finally got new information about the upcoming series For Eyes of Akanda, the series will would be exploring new corners of the Marvel universe. More specifically, the mystical city of Kunlon and the culture of the Secret Society will be explorers, along with a new version of the Iron Fist would appear in the series, given that he is known as the defender of kun Lun in the comics. Ryan Coogler was at the presentation and spoke about the direction of the series and how the war Dogs are challenged with keeping Wakanda the secret, so we can go back and look at this sacrifice that people have made to that secret. A new character in the series, Noni, will act as a disruptor in Wakanda, trying to expose some of the country's corruption to the people of the Hidden Nation. You could expect Isaawa Kanda to be a nice companion piece to the Black Panther films. Moreover, the series delves into the history of its secret and inner and intersection of other locations such as kun Mun. The series is also going to be utilizing three D animation. Expect different time periods of Wakanda to be explored, almost like an anthology series. Isawakanda will also be cannon in the MC and I believe it is only going to be four episodes. I believe.
Speaker 2: I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I can yeah, four. I'm not sure if it was Kevin Faigie or Windebaum or someone had said that there is not going to be one set animation style for Marvel Animation. It is going to be the h Project will determine their own animation style yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that was when Obama who said they won't.
Speaker 1: Okay style yep, all right, and I believe they closed out with no, they didn't, well, they really closed out. The last part of it was just more of a oh, by the way, but the big kind of more ending to this was your Friendly Neighborhood spider Man originally titles spider Man Freshman Year. The series, introduced at the D twenty three panel, is about Spider Man that you know, but maybe not the one you expect, teasing a story that diverts from the one you fans saw on the MCU trilogy movies. The difference that it is expounded upon the panel with key difference between Peter Parker and the series and the one in the MCU being Peter's mentor, whereas you learned from Tony Stark and all his mistakes and morals in the movies. It's Norman Osborne who mentors Peter in the show, and Osbourne uses his methods and some and people find questionable. With that news, we now have our official first major casting of who is going to be doing the voice of Norman Osborn, and that will be Coleman Domingo. Oh my god, yes, at absolutely.
Speaker 2: That's really cool casting. That's a good that's a good gap for them for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great gat, excellent idea. You know, we'd heard rumors that a lot of times, we even talked about this show, that the possibility of a Kang replacement.
Speaker 2: It's been there's all this talk recently about how whether or not Marvel is allowed to reuse the villains that Sony used back in the day. I'm still not sure about that because the people who would be saying that would be Sony themselves, and if Marvel had the idea that they'd obviously go for it. But regardless, let's just hypothetically say they were going to do a live action Norman Osborne, I kind of would like the idea of Coleman Demingo having that part, Like I kind of kind of dig that idea. So I've saw a lot of people fancasting them after this news, and I think I'm with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no so all right, So they did show some footage and exclusive footage that was revealed. You do see that it had been an intro that was used with the classic Spider Man theme before it morphs into a modern rap song. The preview depicts Peter's first day a freshman year. His arrival at schools immediately interrupted by Doctor Strange fighting a monster that looks a lot like Venom. One of the strangest portals leads to a radioactive spider from the Venom Monsters universe landing on Peter and biting him as as he is meeting Nico Menru, a character for the from The Runaways comics. The animation style is very comic book inspired, with selling maation with shots split into comic panels that evoke the feeling of reading comic So this also got a little divisive when this was revealed that this is a multiversal spider that beats Peter.
Speaker 2: It's not even the first time that's happened before.
Speaker 1: No, it has not.
Speaker 2: See how it blaze out?
Speaker 1: Yeah. There was another scene shown from the series that takes place five months later, depicting Peter walking down the street and taking down street level thugs with his advanced tech. One of them is a boy who has metallic boosts that give him short bursts of speed. Excuse me, boots ta give him short bursts of speed. Another of them as a woman with cyber with a cyber blade Peter wearing a proto type suit similar to the one scene in Homecoming, but slightly different. It is struggling to fight the thugs. However, Norman Osborg wrings him on the colms and gives him an advice about how to stop the thugs. The footage highlights Norman's mentor relationship with Peter and the fatherly bond there that is developing.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: With Norman's advice, Peter stops the thugs and they gave And what they did show is this amazing collage of all the characters we will be seeing in this series, including a number of different suits.
Speaker 2: Yes, the suits. The suits are awesome. That one suit with the blue shirt, Like, I'm like, is that supposed to be Spider punk? Like it looks like there's a little yeah maybe I don't know. Maybe, Like at first that's what I thought, but I question it. The Future Foundation suit is next to it. I've always liked that one.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you do.
Speaker 2: I do. Not the classic Spider Man suit of course. And then some of the what were they called, like the era where he was pretending to be four other people. Ah, yeah, so the Slingers maybe, yeah, I've only read part of that.
Speaker 1: Story, and we got Daredevil. We already knew Daredevil is still gonna be voiced by Charlie Cox in a black and red suit, kind of homaging the Charles soul Run and.
Speaker 2: Iron Man, but like old school looking iron Man. Yeah, and it's interesting that Tony Stark is still a presence in this universe. He's just not the one playing the mentor role for Peter.
Speaker 1: Yep, they could this be Luke Cage. Near the title, We've got Auto Octavius, Chameleon, Venom. Trying to see if anyone else I can quickly see. I want to say this one in the bottom left is the Beatle. I want to say Atom.
Speaker 2: No, well, I thought it was one of those like Slingers or whatever.
Speaker 1: Could be too. The costume kind of rings a little bit like the modification of it. Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I need to find out who their names are.
Speaker 1: Then we get doctor Strange, we get a number of uh, you know, quote unquote powerless characters are going to be there, you know, MJ and some of the other Flash Thompson, some of the teachers. So but yeah, I'm very excited about the show.
Speaker 2: It's one of the Slingers who are led by Prodigy, and then there's dust horn It and Ricochet, who remembers as well. This one is.
Speaker 1: Hornet, Okay, Hornet, there are okay, and to the right of.
Speaker 2: The classic suit looks like wearing a cape I think was one of them as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, see if I can pull up these pictures. Well, very cool that they put it out there, though this is.
Speaker 2: It's different, but it kind of looks like Prodigy regardless. This artwork is beautiful. And I don't know what the Spider Man costume in the bottom right.
Speaker 1: Is from, so yeah, not sure either.
Speaker 2: See that, and it just I don't know. I'm into it. Multiversal Spider Okay, is it a regular spider? Is it a symbia spider? Conflicting reports on that. Either way, Let's see what they do with it, you know, let's see what they do with it.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm willing to give a shot. I had no problems with it. Again, a spider bite and a spider bite, let's just bring it on. So all right, what they did there. One more thing before they ended the panel was Marble Zombies. It is still a thing and it is still happening. The upcome Marble Zombies The Anna made series is described as being a hardcore tv M A series. Moreover, It'll be It was revealed to be a four episode event. We did hear rumors of that that was confirmed as well. Here's the footage that was shown. It shows beginning with shung Chi, Katie, and Jimmy Wu in the middle of the street fighting zombies. They begin to get overrun until the Mandarin shows up and starts fighting the zombies with the ten rings. A particular standout moment akin to Attack on Titan, is a Kaiju like zombie that the manner And kills by throwing the rings at the center of its forehead in a bloody sequence. The manner And tells hug Chi to leave the villians and run with him, until shang Chi is bitten by one of the zombies. The virus begins to progress up his arm. The Mandarin sacrifices himself by transferring the rings to shug Chi, who is then taken by the death Dealer he picks up that He picks them up in a helicopter before the scene ends. Footage cuts to five years later with shug Chi and the same group of characters in the waste Land and vehicles that look like something out of from mad Man. They're being chased by the skull by a skull biker gang, a scroll biker gang, excuse me, and the footage highlights the action set piece as they fight the Scrolls with the Ten Rings. It's more lighthearted set piece set to the song Lights by Journey, with them taking scroll Bikers out while Jimmy wou sings along with the song. Unfortunately, the series was announced as not coming out for a while, so this was definitely going to be at the very earliest sometime next year.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about twenty minutes before this section of the panels started, when is the last time we heard anything about Marvel Zombies? Is it still happening? And yeah, looks like it is. The footage again, we didn't get to see it, even a leaked one, but it sounds cool. I like the idea of shung Chi getting a bite and then being given the ten Rings themselves to hold that off. Sounds cool. You know, not much else to say about it, but again, I'll take more.
Speaker 1: Like I said earlier, yeah, so yeah, I'm with you. I'm down for this again. In their first tv M, a animated series under the mcu era, so we will at least Cannon mcu so we will definitely be checking that out whenever they decide to finally drop it.
Speaker 2: Oh and I do I do want to say for both Isaawa Kanda and this being four episodes, glad they're messing with the episode account, like, don't push it if you don't need a four episode sellsher story.
Speaker 1: That's fine with me, yep, I just want it enough to make sense and tell the story. I agree. So all right, so we're gonna take our final ad break before we get into feedback factor fiction and kind of closing out the show. So, all right, listeners, these ads to help keep the lights on the Gegletimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud to give it a three count before they come on, three two one, We'll be right back and we are back, all right, Brent, So let me pull any questions this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a trio of questions from Jim Scroggs. Actually, all right, and if there were any others, sorry I missed him. I when the last time I checked it in see me. But let's start with Jim his first one. Do you think Marvel Studios will give Deadpools Peter a last name? Peterpool's he getting the last name? Is that Peter is the Peter from Deadpool going to be given a last name? Uh?
Speaker 1: Sure, why not?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the other side and say no, I don't think. I don't think he'll get one. He'll just be called Peter or Peter.
Speaker 1: Pool, Peter Pool with a Peter Tingle.
Speaker 2: That's different. Is the next question? Who gets left on the sidelines for Doomsday and Secret Wars? Since they have been there have been so many characters introduced in this phase.
Speaker 1: Left them the sideline.
Speaker 2: Well, remember, I don't remember if it was Figy or someone else, but someone around San Diego said, not every I think it was Figgy. Not every character that's been introduced and that they have is going to be able to appear in these movies because they just have too many characters. The Eternals see, I think we'll see one or two of them, I do, okay, just not in their own show. One or two of them I think will show up. They'll honor the Eternals, will return thing, and that's how they'll get away with it. Who else realistically is going to put get put on the sidelines. I don't know. I guess some of the Disney Plus characters not all. Like Miss Marvel, she'll be there, I don't think she'll I think she'll show up there. But John Walker, he's not going to be there.
Speaker 1: You don't need him, is not needed.
Speaker 2: That won't be there. Now, I would be pretty surprised with that. Moon Night. What do you think about Moon Night? I feel like that's more of a challenge.
Speaker 1: I think it's a challenge, But I think if we get a season two of Moon Night, that's that's that becomes more on the table. But I think that it there is a stronger possibility if nothing else happens with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I think I season two, if there's a sea, I'm with you, season two means he's likely to get there. I probably feel the same way about she Hulk. Without a season two, I wouldn't be surprised to have her pop up somewhere.
Speaker 1: But I'll know who's not there, Scar, Scar's not there.
Speaker 2: Scar Gosh. I hope he has a different look if he does.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: That was a rough one. I think, well, we'll hold off on one of them. I was gonna say, because it's actually no, it's okay, we can say. I think Daredevil will make it. I don't know, Neice, Like, I don't know that the Punisher will, but I think Daredevil will probably maybe it's a little witch casting. Somebody from like the street level stuff will be represented. He is the biggest character.
Speaker 1: And foot media and the chat. He has just gotten back from seeing Alien that is me tomorrow night. There you go, very excited about it. Thanks for joining us. Yeah, there's probably a lot of side characters that we don't But I think that that's kind of a good question.
Speaker 2: Good question, Jean Foster. She is so she'd come back, Sure she is. She has said she would come back.
Speaker 1: Well, we all say we're going to come back because who doesn't want to paycheck?
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, I bet, I bet. Like I'm thinking Secret Wars had like that world of all the different thors and stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if she came back. But all right, last question. Man Valani has pushed back on what the sacred timeline Earth being called six one six does the reset after Secret Wars go back to Earth? No, yeah, no, it basically I think FIGI who is saying that six one six represents like the primary universe for the medium.
Speaker 1: That's what I think I'm saying, Yeah, that's what. Yeah, yeah, I agree with that, so it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I really have any personal opinions I care that much about it either way, but I do enjoy the little friendly back and forth between Figi and Villania.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, well thank you Jim for sending those in Factor of fiction. So for a couple of weeks ago from mister Hines, Number one Tamal Holland Spider Man will be the anchor being for sixty one six universe. Sixty percent said Fact. Forty percent said fiction, I was a fiction on that exprint.
Speaker 2: Fiction, all right, Sony's character is not going to be the anchor being for the MCU.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Number two Miles Teller will appear as read Richard's again. Twenty six percent said Fact. Seventy four percent in fiction, I was fiction, what say you?
Speaker 2: Fiction? I kind of hope they do Michael B. Jordan and repeat the human towards Shroke.
Speaker 1: Such a classic. Number three Galactus will have no variance, just like America Chavez. Eighty percent said Fact, twenty percent at fiction. I believe I was a fact on this.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fact because I actually thought I read that somewhere. Oh like I thought, I thought that came out around Comic Con. So I'm going fact on this.
Speaker 1: Jessicat Alba will return as Sue Storm. Forty seven percent said fact, fifty three percent said fiction. I said fact.
Speaker 2: Why not? We can fact that one.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I have no problems with Jessica Alba returning in that role.
Speaker 2: Who would?
Speaker 1: Yes? So this was our submission from Anthony. Similar to Spider Man Home Trilogy, the Fantastic Four trilogy will be the Steps trilogy, with the first movie being First Steps, in the sequels being Next Steps and Final Steps. And he did say he was he was meeting this as a joke, but still just wanted to put it out there. Fifty to fifty split did not see that coming.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I was fiction as well. I did not vote on the poll. For the record, I don't normally, so I'm gonna say fiction and break that tie, all right, And mainly because I would prefer it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would prefer first Family.
Speaker 2: I like Julio up in the chat earlier, so they could have called it first Launch.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I saw that. Yeah, that's better.
Speaker 2: First first family is though that the man's right there.
Speaker 1: It was right there, right there. They had it, and they just they had had it in the palm of their hand, Brent, palm of their hand like tritium, however, the.
Speaker 2: Sun palm of their hand.
Speaker 1: All right, here turn this week, Brent, what you got all right?
Speaker 2: First up, She Hulk will be either seen or referenced in Captain America Brave New World related to her blood being taken during her series.
Speaker 1: I'm a fact, not a strong fact, though.
Speaker 2: I'm in fact, and I think it's more likely to be referenced. Yeah, I think it's likely to Ross was behind that. I'll acknowledge she could be seen, but I think it's more likely referenced. Okay, mixed up. In Thunderbolts, Red Guardian will try to talk to Bucky as though they have a history, the same way he claimed to have had a history with Captain America in the Black Widow movie.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, I hope.
Speaker 2: So this is me putting it out there. I want to see it, and I want Bucky to refute them and say no, so I'm going fact, do you hear yourself? Do you believe yourself? So, and then finally Harrison Ford as President Ross will tell Captain America to get off my plane.
Speaker 1: I would like some I think there's gonna be some sort of reference to that. I think there's gonna be a tongue in cheek reference that. So I'll say, fact, all right, fact it is so all right, So I will post so Sunday afternoon. Let your voices be heard with that. And so Bren and I have been kind of you know, we've been holding back on Compoo Club. So we do promise we were laying this out to the listeners that next week we will tell you our chosen theme and the choices for that theme. So we have taken our extended break. We are ready to come back from compook Club vacation and we will reveal you all the theme and the choices that you all the listeners can vote on on the socials. So be prepared for that full transparency. Bunch and I have not decided yet.
Speaker 2: So no, I've pulled around a couple ideas. But now we'll we'll wait. You know, we got a week, so we'll decide on Saturday.
Speaker 1: We want Oh, we're putting a date on it, all right?
Speaker 2: Oh no, my day's wrong. Well, we'll decide on Wednesday. That's usually how we do it. Like the day before we'll finalize it.
Speaker 1: It'll be to be like, hey, we need to make a decision. How about this?
Speaker 2: Yep, We'll we'll pick four books that we are have some at least some interest in reading all of them for it, and then we'll be happy with whatever the final vote is, I know.
Speaker 1: And one of them will be more than likely.
Speaker 2: One more day, right, and the probably not brand new days. It's it's almost it's almost like we rig it to make sure we're going to at least like any of the options.
Speaker 1: Yes, we need to have some sort of passive interest. So all right, Well that brings Volume two twenty five to a close. So, you know, Brent, tell people that I can follow.
Speaker 2: You, Brent tag Prime on on the socials, so you know, pick your network. And that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Yep, And we want to thank our official sponsor, getting pricebooks dot Com. Use I could marvel gua check out to get two dollars off every single order. You can follow me on all the socials at Chris Balga. You can follow my other show, World's Finest True Believers at Finance Believers. You can email the show at Marvel Liones podcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Geegle demend Aliance Network at guapod network. Feel free to tweet, email if you want to bride feedback, DMS, or open across all of our socials. Continue to rate review the Marble Lines solo feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. For greatly appreciated. I want to thank you all for listening, Thank you all for joining us in the chat. Stay safe out there, everyone, and a stand the man would say, excelsior True Believers. All right, Brent. People will probably watching this episode and saying, wait a minute, you said you'd be talking about Craven. You said you'd be talking about Craven. I said we would. I didn't lie about that. It's just relegated to where it needs to be in the show, the back end.
Speaker 2: It just didn't feel right to put it with all the D twenty three news.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel to get put it with quality at that point. So we're gonna do a breakdown now, not gonna lie. I have made no allusion to the fact that I'm not excited about this movie. I would put it right now just on the trailer alone. This is not as big, probably of a dumpster fire that Madam Webb became. But it's not too far outside the realm.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's got be a believer, man. It might get there. It might be every bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it could be at that point. But this has a better action than I got in Madam Webb.
Speaker 2: It does this. The action in this looks matter, and I will go ahead and say this, unlike the ag of the pack of the trailer, this did not move the needle for me really either direction. I'm just more apathetic towards it. There's like one little blip of that I saw. I was like, okay, I'm glad to see that, But that was about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so here we go. Let's put it up on there. So we get this view of prison and Aaron Taylor Johnson as Craven walking through, And that's saying the Hunter is a myth. His his chest playing buddy and whoops his butt pretty bad. There's an ounce in truth in every myth. Such amazing writing stabs him in the jugular that he that's gonna he will be coming back from that he escaped. So we get our first look also at the character Calypso yep so in associate with Marble. Let's keep that. Ope. There's Craven in his uh you know.
Speaker 2: In costume like in the in the comic book, and he looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: Credit words, Russell Crow drawn another paycheck from Marvel, from Marvel and Sony playing Craven's father, main antagonist for the film. Looks like they're trying to trap Craven. Now, this was a cool sequence, I will give it. Like again, this action is very first blood Rambo like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the action is cool like that, right, There is a pretty cool shot of Craven coming out of the darkness.
Speaker 1: Its just got to get the shot up without the shirt.
Speaker 2: Of course, we have another one of these Spider Man villain movies without Spider Man.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. And we got our first look at the character playing what we eventually become the Rhino, which I'd heard about today that the Rhino in the original cut of this movie was more of a tease at the end, and during the supposed reshoots of this they decided to up it two more of a bigger part in the movie.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they did.
Speaker 1: Because movie didn't have too much else going for it.
Speaker 2: It didn't. And you know, the Rhino is a character that we really we've gotten the one version of him and the amazing Spider Man two. Let's be honest, that wasn't the Rhino. That was a mech suit and the Rhino that we're gonna see here is more like the ultimate version where it's not just the suit but you see a human face. It's it's full blown. He's like a mutant, right, Like he's a rock Steady from Ninja Turtles, Like he's be calm a rhino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally become a rhino, at least says as a Johnny Cash fan. No yeah, I no, no, I I'm no Sony. Choose something else. This has no business being in this trailer. Absolutely not again some cool action beats here. Who knew that Craven again a k animal man. They didn't show that sequence again. They didn't show him basically uh becoming you know, getting the blood of the of the line in him and everything. Oh look, Captain America. They're stealing stuff from Captain America, grabbing the plane and pulling it down. Yeah, more action sequence again fired with missiles. I hope there he is sitting down at his throne. Going up there, we get our first look at Rhino.
Speaker 2: I actually I don't mind the look of him.
Speaker 1: I know, I mean it's it's it's as comic actor, as ridiculous as it should be.
Speaker 2: It could get it could use he could use a little polish, but overall I don't mind the look of him. So it's not I don't know. The trailer doesn't look like a total dumpster fire. It just doesn't look exciting to me either.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. At no point you could literally say this is any other name movie. It has nothing to do with anything as spider Man, Sony spider Man, like this could be any other This is a generic action movie. I will say this. I'll probably enjoy the action beats, the dialogue will more likely be atrocious, the story will be subpar at best. And this movie feels just out of place, completely out of place. And it's just again me scratching my head saying, what are we doing here, Sony? What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: If there wasn't a Marvel logo on it, we wouldn't do see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely no, I'd be like, I don't even know if i'd even like see it at that point, you know, and I know, I know that some people are really into it. And again I'm happy for you at that point. Again, we're gonna see it, we're gonna review it when it comes out, and it won't be I don't think we're gonna go for it. I will be more than happy to eat my words. I will not be embarrassed my words. I am with the whole idea that there is no way this movie is. I just don't see it doing well in the holiday season. I just don't at Whip Media says I've been bitten by a radioactive RHIGHTO.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: The the release time is bonkers and they're like, oh, you're gonna have your whole family take it out to them see it over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Like no, a rated R movie where you literally see Aaron Taylor Johnson's character biting people in rip.
Speaker 2: It comes out that weekend. There was some other family movie too, I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 1: Whatever the case is, Yeah, not hiding it, not not really interested in this.
Speaker 2: And if I didn't, oh, it's a linking MOFASA.
Speaker 1: Like you have.
Speaker 2: So you have a Lion King movie and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Speaker 1: Sonic's gonna win that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your families are covered, so they're not going to like they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what media is saying, the perfect holiday movie. Persony, he really likes the director J. C. Chandler chand or excuse me, surprised he got involved with a project like this given his the Well, here's the thing. It's called you do. You do this for them, You get to do whatever you want that you really want to do. Yeah, it's probably the deal that he has. That's Frat also comes out. Yeah, that's also going to be a way better movie than this. So but yeah, anyways, yes, we're I'm done dog piling on it for this week. So but yeah, if you liked it, I'm very happy for you. But we will see you next week. Hopefully I'm not Craven more Craven, but we'll see who else is Craven more Craven next week. So all right, I'll see you next week. Bye bye,