Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Hello there, and welcome back. What is this place? Is connected? Disconnected? It's connected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected. I'm sorrying to feel disconnected. The number has been connected. Hello there, and welcome back to Reconnected live on another Thursday night. It's the first Thursday of the month, which means Will's back. And this time, instead of just hearing the kittens screaming in the background, we have kittens on screen.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is marlow Say hi, I'm Marlowe. He's the most adventurous of the three. And then another tour snooze anymore Valentina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we've got uh Clouseau and that's on Ree not Inspector. That makes sense? Nice noir see that does check out?
Speaker 2: Yes, Valentine almost stuff. So yeah, it's uh, we got We've got some kiddies. We were we were should I say we were we were hoping to have a special guest tonight, but she's taken ill uh and is hopefully going to reschedule for the next move, so instead.
Speaker 1: Kitties. It's a fair trade and uh yeah, we're hoping to have her for next month and we'll have some stories to talk about. We got lots to discuss surrounding the announcements this week, but all of our usual stuff. How you been What's what's been going on this month with Will? Well, let's see.
Speaker 2: Other than everything, we rescued these kittens. It has been so busy for me that at night, when I sit down to watch a movie, I've been turning my brain off more than usual. And I watched a lot of streaming crappy blockbusters. So we'll talk about those in a minute, but I wanted to address Josephine's question. Josephine, everybody should follow her on Instagram because she posts a litany of film screenings that will inspire and challenge you to try to keep up. Okay, I'm gonna quickly make past the kittens on to Ansel and see Ansel's hand there in the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take these guys so abrasive, just kidding alone, Thank you, Ansel.
Speaker 2: So, I've been watching an unusual number of Hollywood blockbusters that I'm sure some of the listeners will find amusing when I regale them with my tales of love. Uh, what else has been going on? All the semesters started, and I'm back full time at.
Speaker 1: UNC Greensboro as.
Speaker 2: A full fledged lowest on the tote ball, but as a full fledged faculty member in the Media Studies department, whereas before I was kind of a hybrid media studies faculty, English faculty and residential college coordinators. So nice to be just one thing.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 2: Teaching my cult Films course. We just watched Bad Girls Go to Hell, introduced everybody to Doris Wishman.
Speaker 1: Nice and.
Speaker 2: As per usual, it was super uncomfortable for everybody. And then afterwards we had like the most incredible conversation. You know, the very idea of Ruffi's is so fascinating to young people. Yeah, because they're nowhere near as violent or sexually explicit as anything you would watch, you know, on TV today, right, but somehow they hit you harder, Like watch Euphoria or Game of Thrones or whatever, and you're going to see a lot of sexual explicit content, sexual violence, but Much Girls Go to Hell and they'd be like, oh gosh, this is making me feel it's really uncomfortable, you.
Speaker 1: Know, So now we all love Dors Wishman. That's something I like to do in life. That's the overall message there.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's one public regional university in America that makes sure every student knows and appreciates Doris Wishman, roberta Family, Franken and later.
Speaker 1: You know, right on and on. And that's my little slice of life. What's been going on with you? Of our things?
Speaker 2: Okay, I would you like the day, mister government worker.
Speaker 1: I sure, I surely labored that day, that's for sure. I have been quite busy. We're talking about some of those projects tonight in our string of announcements, thankfully, so we get to share a little more details behind the scenes. Yeah, watched, uh, not a ton of things compared to normal this week. It's been a very like administrative heavy week for me. But I still watched a whole bunch of the theater last weekend, So we'll get into that in a few minutes. It's been I don't know, it's been a it's been a time. It's been a couple of weeks that have taken a toll. For sure. I am like mentally exhausted. Work is taking it out on me. There's there's so many people that don't understand. You know, I've talked about what I do and what I don't do is part of my job on here before a little bit. But because I've been forced back into the office, the things that I literally see and hear and that I'm now subjected to takes a much deeper toll than it used to, considering I was just working analytics before and now it's like, uh, yeah, you're you're right next to the the action, and that never feels great. So yes, I spaced out for that. What we're just tying. Life is hard and I don't love my job. Yeah, man, I hear you. I asked. I took polls and all of.
Speaker 2: My classes asking students what Labor Day was supposed to commemorate. In a grand total of like two students knew. So we talked about it a little bit, you know, what the purpose of labor is and how union organization is supposed to work. And they were shocked to find that things like child labor laws and the eight hour workday forty hour work week were like fairly one hundred years old, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and not just a given. Yeah, it's like, do you know why you're required to go to school till you're sixteen because they can't watch you in factories anymore. But they're working on it, you know.
Speaker 2: But anyway, not to get too political, I wanted to say, Josephine put like at of films up asking if I'd seen any of them, and the only one on our list that I've watched, let's see Flesh and Blood von on forty second Street. Those Josephin Sternberg said, Blue Steel, Red Lines, that's the Wes Craven Red Line.
Speaker 1: Right nine, I think so, yeah, yeah? And what was the those the only two with the titles listed Little Girl Loves Down the Lane, so bunch bunch, and then I need to check out Kiro Station That just that's Criterion's been that out about to drop from Criterion. Yeah, I think this month actually.
Speaker 2: I'll be seeing that soon. Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 1: I'll say, of those, I know a lot of those are classic movies, but anybody that hasn't seen Blue Steel, it's a very weird entry into that genre. I think it came out at the right time to be sort of eighties and sort of nineties like want to be erotic thriller, but also Ferry just off the villain in that is hilariously like just weird. I know it's a it's not a descriptive enough word, but he's just off. That's a fun one. You see.
Speaker 2: Catherine Bigelow's got a new movie coming out. It's gonna be yeah, so I forget what it's called.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get political, but I want to. I do want to say one thing real quick, because I think this is so all right. It's both funny and chilling. You know, Robert Kennedy Junior today was testifying on Capitol Hill and got.
Speaker 1: In a big fight with everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody's Republicans and Democrats, and uh so I was reading some commentary about it afterward, and this this one journalist was like, you know, we saw uh fairly across the board criticism coming from Congress, but it's really too little, too late. It's been reported that veterinarians are finding dog owners hesitant for vaccines because they're afraid of dog autism. And it's like, man, okay, well that's it. It's over, bro, we are lost. But let's let's uh, let's uh you know what this is when people criticize me forgetting political. There is one thing I agree with them about, which is that this this should be a space where we can forget some of.
Speaker 1: Our worries and woes.
Speaker 2: And so I promise that anything political I say tonight will be in the context of making.
Speaker 1: Fun of it.
Speaker 2: And and we got a lot of movies to talk about, and let's let's get into you know, I'm excited you you watched a lot of movies this month.
Speaker 1: And and oh yeah, I never forgot I got something to share. You want to talk about movies that we watch? Please, Yet it's your show, you know, I don't. I want to hear what you watch. That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: Well, first and foremost, we we had the the screening of Jess Franco's Count Dracula at the Kerry Theater. And I want to give a shout out to Phil at the Spook Show podcast. People check out the Spook Show podcast. It's uh he travels all over the country. We just filmed some cool location bits at the VHS Fest up in Pennsylvania, went out to l a and and interviewed Barbara Crampton and uh, phill is a great guy. Me and John Daily met him at the Carolina Fearfest. We're gonna see him again at the Tidewater Horror Convention next Weekend Spook Show podcast. It's it's pretty good, you know. It's it's Brozen Brozen gals talking about movies and just being just having a good time. But it's it's a good show anyway. I bring it up because Still really helped promote the Count Dracula screening along with Dan Barber at the Rialto and Raleigh, so I really appreciate them. And we had we had ninety eight people show up for one hundred and seventy seat theater. It was I was told later it was the largest single screening that they'd ever had. Wow, And I got to I really got to realize a dream, which was to introduce a Jess Franco movie and then sit down with a bunch of people who had never seen one.
Speaker 1: Before and see what happened. I mean, Count Tracula is not.
Speaker 2: Like crazy full right, but it's a perfect introduction because it shows that he can make a straight movie, Like there's all these beautifully composed shots and and and.
Speaker 1: The narrative is coherent and all that, but it also shows that the man is unconstrained by formal conventions. We we all had a good time with the zoom lens and and uh some of the eccentricities, the great scene with the taxidermied animals and anything. So great time.
Speaker 2: And the Kerry Theater was happy and several films was happy. And we're going to continue showing some films from the Southern catalog.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Either we're talking about Cemetery Man, We're talking about Dracula, Prisoner Frankenstein, We're talking about to Spider Labyrinth.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so pretty excited. So that was that was the first thing that was actually the only thing else on the theater this month.
Speaker 2: I was so busy, so I guess I'll just get into it. I had so much going on, and I decided, well, Peacemaker came out right, and I like Peacemaker. I think it's the best DC thing so far that James Gunn has worked on. And so I decided to continue filling in the gaps because now I'm like committed to seeing every DC. And so I did something that I had watched the entire Dark Night trilogy, which I had not seen the main one. I'd seen the other two, but I watched all three again, and I watched the Emo Batman the open, which was like the hairdo and like I was, I was like, what is this love that one?
Speaker 1: Hated them all? I hated them all.
Speaker 2: No, no surprise, right, I had never I had never really seen the Tom Hardy Baine, you know, I'd only known that version of Bane from the Harley Quinn cartoon.
Speaker 1: So when he.
Speaker 2: When he started talking, I'm just like, what the hell is this movie? And uh, you know what, George Lopez is right, that man's fascist. That's a fascist Batman. But my favorite part was that the whole thing depends on whether and when the autopilot has been fixed.
Speaker 1: In the In the Badcopter, it was just I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't, but I did it. I sat through all three and then that Domas Riddler thing. Oh my gosh, so I did it. Those are done.
Speaker 1: I saw Thunderbolts, which everybody's like, Oh, this one's got psychological dimension to it, and it's so much better because there's no there's not as much CGI and I'm like, well, it's still they use their words to talk of the bad guy down at the end. It's just the same old shit. So that was something. What else did I watch?
Speaker 2: I watched the reboot of Harry and the Henderson's, which I think is called Rise of Planet of the Apes, and I gotta tell you, my favorite performance was the Ape.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was not so great. You got me there. I had no clue what was about to be said after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what else did I see? Oh that's not all I saw. Okay, I'll put put out some faint praise. I saw what may now be my favorite Ridley Scott movie, American Gangster. I'd never seen that before. I watched American Gangster. It's really just Black Caesar but twice as long, and he punks out in the end. But it was kind of cool because you know that that get the guy in real life, and some of his cousins are from Greensboro or the Greensboro area, so there's like a whole scene that's set in North Carolina. And it was like, oh, yeah, let's see what else there's more. Well, I needed to turn my brain off quite a bit. Oh my god. I saw V for Vendetta for the first time. V for Wrap What that was? Oh my god. Ah bold decision to have zero action in instead make it all about psychologically torturing Natalie Portman for an hour and a half. So that was that was rough. I saw Instant Family Marky Mark and Rose.
Speaker 1: Byrne and Doctor a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of kids fostering them, and that was something. Yeah, I'm gonna, I'm gonna. I'm gonna watch the rest of the Apes movies. The next one's I'm behind a paywhile So I haven't done it yet. But what else some I'm forgetting. Maybe it'll come to me.
Speaker 1: Oh oh. I watched a mini series on the Peacock the Peak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called Long Bright River and it stars Amanda Cipher De Liberate Rolls, Sydney Sweatt Sweeney.
Speaker 1: And that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was unrelentingly grim, but I did not hate Long Bright. Now silent Manual says, Mandibal says, we should make well. Watched Punisher Warzon Punish a Warzone. That was one of my all time favorite movies, the greatest superhero movie ever made. That is the first superhero movie to be directed by a woman. It is an unrelenting satire of very toxic masculinity. What's that face you're making there?
Speaker 1: Is it really the first one directed by a woman. Jesus. Yeah, leet wrong with Hollywood. Let's Lexie.
Speaker 2: They try to give it to that wonder woman, you know, Alexie Alexander directed to punish a warzone, and.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Alexei Alexander, who's an Olympic martial artist Austrian. Lexie was forthright about the sexism and bullying that she faced in Hollywood, and subsequently has had trouble shockingly.
Speaker 1: With her careers.
Speaker 2: She mostly drugs TV now, directed some good episodes of Supergirl. But uh, but yeah, I watched a lot of crap this but watched the new season of King of the Hill, which was pretty great.
Speaker 1: I like King of the Hill. That's my kind of people. Can we share these? These one two punches of comments are hilarious. Karin says, I miss something. Why has Will been watching so much crap COVID and then Sibbner responds, yes, Karn, one of the symptoms it is now watching shit.
Speaker 2: I'm not eligible for vaccines anymore. So all right, all right, I did not. I did watch some physical I know I'm going on too long, but I thought people would be amused that I watched all four Batman movies, which took the equivalent of a day.
Speaker 1: It lives literally like a twelve hour marathon. If you do that, oh so crappy.
Speaker 2: But I did watch a couple of things on physical I saw Charlie Chaplin's The Kid, and this restoration by Criterion is magnificence.
Speaker 1: It looks great. Love the Kid, everybody, he's gonna make a comment.
Speaker 2: From the canalogue. I watched Mammy Wata.
Speaker 1: Oh how is that one? It's great?
Speaker 2: You know your friend Sean said it was one of his favorite movies of twenty twenty three. Mister Baker and uh, I think he's I think he's onto something. It took me a while to get into it. It's a it's a folk tale. I mean it says it's a folk tale. It's like the first thing on the titles. It's a Nigerian West Nigerian folk tale. The black and white white cinematography is unbelievable. The extras are good too. Those are great interview with the director and thirty minutes of behind the scenes making of the movie. And it's fantastic. Highly recommend, Mammy Juana. I saw two movies from Cinematograph. Saw Jonathan Demi's Last Embrace, which was his kind of entry into the seventies paranoia stuff, and it was pretty good. You know, I'm not gonna say it's an outright classic. You do get to see a lot of Roy Scheider's extremely tan bod, which is something you know that seventies tan is different than like Yeah, and then the last thing I watched, also from cinematograph that I think you said you did not like this, but I actually was surprisingly high on joy Ride in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I still haven't seen joy Ride. Actually, Okay, well, it's pretty good. Okay.
Speaker 2: Joseph Ruben, who went on to direct The Stepfather and had just come off two really good sexploitation films, The Pom Pom Girls and The Sister in Law. This has the distinction of four NEPO babies in the cast. You've got Robert Carradine, You've got Melanie Griffith, You've got Desi Arnez Junior, and you've got Ann Bancroft.
Speaker 1: She's giving up a lot today and and Bancroft is coming up a lot. Yeah, she's in at least one of the announced with Sam when she got ridden about in the newest issue of the Physical Media, advocate, and you know.
Speaker 2: Her her mother, June Lockhart of Lassie fame, still living one hundred years old. Jeez, one hundred years old, June, and it's seventy one. I mean, Anne at seventy one, can you imagine being like, what are you gonna do today?
Speaker 1: June? I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: Lunch with my seventy one year old daughter because I'm fucking one hundred. I hope I make it to one hundred.
Speaker 1: You're your best friend. Donated two dollars here, thanks, Chris, he says, Happy Early Valentine's Day of my loves. That's from a bearded film. Gay Well, I appreciate the plural, but I don't see a dime in that. I just offered to pay for something right before this, so that's not entirely true. What for me? I mean, you made the promise. I did make a promise, but I thought we'd be able to fulfill that problem.
Speaker 2: We might be able to we'll see. So I've gone on too long. But I actually watched a lot, even though most of it was.
Speaker 1: Plaver. Well will stuff when you catch up. It's once a month, so we get to cover a lot more for you. So it's always nice to hear. But I will say this last weekend was a pretty decent weekend at the theater for me. I'll say from the lowest, which wasn't even bad. Necessarily. The new film The Roses, which is of course a remake War of the Roses starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Olivia Coleman, pretty good, nice snappy dialogue. I will say, it doesn't have enough war and there's a lot more of the Roses than the previous installment, which I think is what made it interesting.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Batch, if you're in the market.
Speaker 1: For are we doing ads? Now? What is this? I don't even know what this product is For gummies, I recommend the Batch. So all right.
Speaker 2: The reviews of the movie were uniformly and terrible.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's not terrible. It's acted pretty decently. But again, the whole charm of the earlier installment in this it's not a franchise, but like the earlier version of this is that they're literally attacking each other for most of the movie, and this movie, the actual war part doesn't start start until like the last act, which is ridiculous. Is it like two hours long? Too? It was like an hour forty. It wasn't arible, but yeah, it's it's decent. I didn't hate it. The biggest thing, I'm so glad I don't have to see that trailer every goddamn showing there, because, oh my god, I've seen that so many times the last few months. Next in line is we're gonna be talking about The Toxic Avenger in a little bit. But I will say that I watched that one in theaters this week wanted to support it. When took my mom to see The Toxic Avenger, she had a good time. It's fun movie in a theater with other people that like stuff like that. Went saw Prince's Sign of the Times in Imax, one of the greatest concert films of all time. I think I was the youngest person in my showing. My mom and I tried to scan the room, and I think I was the youngest. I will say, just like Craig said in the Discord and over on The Deaf Crocodile Discord, it looked absolutely beautiful and Imax it sounded crisp the entire time. I will say, you got the look. It might literally have just been a VHS transfer still of that specific part of the film, which was normally it wouldn't be commented on, but it was jarring. Like the rest of it, beautiful, great colors, like really really crisp everything, and then you got the look starts and it is it is bad. It's like scrambled MTV late night struggling to get proper anten of reception. Bad. It was quite jarring compared to the rest. That being said, the sound was still great. Then had a good time, could not stop moving that whole night. Loved it. But the big thing for me this week, I will say, went and saw the film Cot Stealing, which is the newest one from Darren Aronofsky starring Austin Butler, who I realized afterwards I've still not seen the Elvis movie. I think I'd only seen him in Once upon a Time in Hollywood and maybe one of the thing before this. So it was really nice to see him actually act for more than twenty seconds on screen. Dude carries this whole movie. He was incredible in it. I really appreciated this entry from Darren Aronofsky. Does not feel like an Aeronofsky film. For most of it, it's pretty action packed. The action it's incredible. Yeah, genuinely incredible. It's top five three of the year by far. I am thrilled with all of the choices. For the most part, not much could have made it better. I will say a lot of Darren Aronofsky's stuff has felt bloated in many parts of his films, and pretty much everything in this movie has either like a payoff or it gives to the story. There's not really anything that I would cut out. I think it all pretty much works, and God did I love it. Austin Butler and Zoe Kravitz great chemistry, really great on screen together, and the sporting cast everybody. I mean like seeing Leev Schreiber and Vincent Dinafrio playing Hasidic Jews that are violent beyond belief was a lot of fun. Yeah, checkout costs stealing absolutely made Oh yeah, Paul Berriman's correct should have brought up Matt Smith. He's not in it for all that much because the whole plot of the stories that he's going on vacation and Austin Butler has to watch his cat. He's not in it a ton, but he is great in it, Just absolutely perfect. I love it. Definitely felt new York City in it definitely felt some really good music, decent dialogue, all all good stuff. Checkout cost stealing New York City. Well, let's get down with the beams. Then, what have you been picking up?
Speaker 2: He's moved from Danzig songs to Jane's addiction.
Speaker 1: Songs, What's next and sync.
Speaker 2: His next film will be Shoplifters of the World United. I saw you know, I saw Prince in his last tour. Yeah, and it was majesty. He played everything and at the end, uh, he brought people up on the stage which was the symbol to just dance while he played the encore, and it was I didn't, I didn't, I didn't make it. I didn't feel I didn't feel like I should rush the stage.
Speaker 1: But it was. It was awesome, a great concert. What did you say? Pickups? Pickups? What have you got? It's been a month okay?
Speaker 2: Well, viewers will be happy to know that Suddenly in the Dark and the replacement disc and the first the first replacement disk have made their way to people's mail boxes. So thank you terror Vision. Also from terror Vision the Graveface film Gushing Prayer, which I highly recommend. Yeah, if people, if people do like pink movies. This this is really good and I'll plug my my friend and former student Clayton Dillard and Brad Dillard brother a team of brothers. I taught both of them. Their visual essay on Gushing Prayer is really really good and provides some important historical contexts about the filmmakers. Gushing Prayers worth your time.
Speaker 1: As an aside, We're obviously gonna be talking about the founding of the Pink line at Vinegar Syndrome tonight and one of my most recent favorite podcast is two in the Pink U with Dakota and Chris, and it is a really nice time to see people actually enjoying and trying some like deep cut pink U films. Gushing Prayer is one that deserves it, and I understand that it got overlooked when it first came out from Terror Vision. Give it a watch. Absolutely worth it. And then if you're feeling adventurous, Deaf Crocodile Putment out earlier this year too, called Inflatable sext All of the Wastelands. You're probably not gonna see a lot more from either one of those two labels, unfortunately, But I would think that with everybody discovering those. Just don't want those to be forgotten because they're two great releases.
Speaker 2: Two in the Pink ou is God tear pun It is it truly is like every time I see one of their posts, I giggle a little bit.
Speaker 1: Every time.
Speaker 2: From Criterion, I got Alan Rudolf Rudolph's.
Speaker 1: Choose Me very nice.
Speaker 4: I choo choo choose you.
Speaker 2: And there's a picture of a train. I just saw this in theaters last month. Got the four K of Sunset Boulevard very nice.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: From Radiance, got some sage in Suzuki that I didn't have Underworld Beauty.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, is this is sweet?
Speaker 2: You know you can count on Shout Factory for some great packaging. And boy howdy, this Larry Cohen box set just jumps off the shelf. Uh No, it looks like crap, but it's uh, it's great because it's Blu Ray upgrades of the private files of j Edgar Hoover special Effects, which of course was already out. And well's the third one, Oh Wicked Stepmother Betty Davis's last movie.
Speaker 1: So could you do my favor and run through all of the brand new special features on that? Done? Done? Finally, the real, the real.
Speaker 2: The good thing is that it's a blu ray of private files of Jager who based is a great movie? Would I would I have liked to do a commentary track, uh and maybe bring in legendary film scholar Christopher.
Speaker 1: Share It on it.
Speaker 2: I would have loved to do that. Maybe a schout factory. I happen to know Larry, A couple of Larry Cohen experts, Tony Williams, Christopher Sharett. You know, finally something that makes me very happy. Testament of Doctor Mabuza. Yeah, knew Jess Franco for me. I haven't seen it yet. Pretty exciting.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal. The collection grows, you do you know offhand what you're up to now? One hundred and seven one hundred and seven dang, very nice.
Speaker 2: Just a little over half his films, all right? Is that it not counting multiple editions?
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, all right, I've got a big four here to talk about. First is the eighty eight Films release of the Cat, which is the hottest thing coming out this week. Everybody needs check this out. I will say it is uh kind of weird that we're turning to packaging that we get this flimsy slip cover over a box that is a hard box with the same art for no reason. This would have been a perfectly fine release adia film. So I don't understand this.
Speaker 2: I this, that's what people remember. That's what the slipcovers for the shower factory and screen factories to be like kind of but over a hard box. That's really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally over a hard box.
Speaker 2: There's no reason to put that on because people are like a sipcover, so they're just like, here, there's a slipcover.
Speaker 1: Anyways. Another one that is a box set in a slipcover, but this one makes sense because it has to hold it together. This one is the eighty eight Films box set of the fore Tales of Nami. This is the takashi Ishi films. Really love the way that they do their box sets, and for those that have never seen them, they go for the I knocked that out earlier and I did it again, full out box sets like this, lots of stuff in here. Oops. I will put that back now. Eighty eight films are not eighty eight films. Third Window Films, for everybody that does not know, is one individual that does literally everything for the label. He does all the acquisitions. He is the one that hires for the special features, He designs the covers. This is a label that deserves accolades for what they put out because literally, without one person doing it, you wouldn't give what they're putting out. So that's a big deal. That was one of your first interviews, wasn't it. He was pretty early, Yeah, Adam. Adam is great. And by the way, shout out another friend of ours. Go check out Adam's interview over on the Sam Degan podcast because man, that conversation is incredible. He goes behind the scenes a lot in that episode. Absolutely worth it. Which one she's got two? Now, oh that's right. I can't say that the first one, what is the name of it? Offhand? As yeah, aeroson Aeros plus masker. You brought up a radiance. So the one that I just got, I've never seen this. This is one that the visuals got me. And it's a director that I believe, I believe you and I talked about briefly before. This is Senso the Wisconte title that they just released heard literally nothing, but like that is a masterpiece and everybody needs to see that. So well, I like me some Visconti.
Speaker 2: You know, normally I hate rich kids, but Wisconti, based on his Showmac Output things.
Speaker 1: All right, it's pretty good. Yeah. The last thing is another masterpiece, which I still can't believe this. I guess this is technically a second film, but it's basically his first film. This is Michael Mann's Thief in four K from Arrow Copy. Just came in love this movie, love James Connon and it's incredible. The last thing I'll say, I don't think I said it, but The Cat. The Deluxe edition of The Cat is already out of print in the US from the distributor. If you want this, it went out of print on pre order literally, so if you want the hard box, get it from the UK. It's the exact same disc, exact same release. If you see it in stock, it was probably like in shipping on the Way to Orbit or Diabolic or something like that. If you really want it, check it out otherwise. The I would bet the UK edition will be around slightly longer. And I don't believe it's region coded because they are. It's the exact same disc released at the same time, so they had no reason to author it to be a region coded, so check it out. It is absolutely worth it. That's pickups. That's pickups. Yeah, I'm tired, I could tell. And just imagine. We only have like one hundred and one things to talk about tonight.
Speaker 2: One hundred and one. Didn't we set a record last time we did.
Speaker 1: It was like one hundred and twenty last time. All right, so this will be a breeze. Then this will be a breeze before we get into this. Any anything from this week that you want to talk about that's not an announcements.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm not forgetting something.
Speaker 1: No, just if a news came up that I forgot. I know. One that I wanted to bring up is Dolby Vision two is something that people are talking about right now. The new standard just got dropped, I believe at a conference a couple of days ago, they mentioned that they were working on it. Essentially, it's like very AI focused Dolby Vision color grading that it's working on to make proper coloring. It will do better tone mapping and all of that. It will be another standard and it will like players will have to be released that will support Dolby Vision two, so it will be something different. Now there's no news on that happening to discs anytime soon. There's no reason to think that anything that you have is going to be you know, out of you know, the ability to be played or anything like that. Just wanted to bring it up because I know that people are asking. It is literally a completely different standard, though it is not like it's not just an update of your player. It is an actual updated standard. I I know you don't either.
Speaker 2: I do not live in a situation where I can ever turn my entertainment system up loud enough to tell the difference between the built in speakers and the soundbar that I have, So what you're talking about is gibberish and fantasyland way.
Speaker 1: The word vision in Dolby Vision means that it has nothing to do with soundby sound. Dolby atmost is the like seven point one point two surround sand where you have sound coming out of the highs at Yes, well I can't do that either. Yes, I definitely don't have Dolbey ATMOS. I don't have a proper sound system at the moment. But that was a really funny aside that you're talking about that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's funny? And I say this, this is true. If you if you ever want to see something funny and ironic, watch a media studies professor try to work a device and try to comprehend a technical specification.
Speaker 1: None of us can do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well great, can't wait to have to upgrade all my disc skin.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna have to upgrade any discs. This is not one of those things like nobody's I don't ever see anybody saying, let's re release discs with Dolby Vision two. Now. There's literally no reason to do it.
Speaker 2: I see people suggesting that I'm then I've been put down by my gummy. It's there's like nothing in it.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: It's just to help me, like not be anxious. It doesn't get me. I don't feel good or anything from it. It just it just helps my heart stop beating so fast. All right, Oh yeah, there's some news. The doctor was like, you've got a forty eight point seven cardiac or score or what's it called scrape or something calcium or weird words to mix up forty eight point seven count anyway, it's supposed to be zero. I got like forty eight point seven. So he's like, uh, you better go on Stanton's like today or you're no heart attack. I'm like, Stanton's make you tired. So hopefully i'll see you next month.
Speaker 1: Yeah. On that note, my wife dies together, I have my wife and I together have lost like one hundred and fifteen pounds in the last six months. No, that's awesome. That's awesome because it's not it's not easy, especially as we get older, you know these days.
Speaker 2: You know, I walked by Jersey mics and I gained six ounces just from the window looking through the window. Yeah, anyway, yeah, you know, so I think the dead Miteman said it best when they said, uh, life is ship, life is shipped. The world is ship, the world is ship. This is life as we know it.
Speaker 1: Were great. They were They were a great man. So let's talk about things that make us happy instead. Then let's uh, let's go to Ice Academy Naked ladies. I love the timing. Uh, you were not here when we talked about this during the reveal last week, So I'll let you handle this one because I shared my piece vice keady me, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: Looks great? But you know I've never seen them, none of them, And well it's funny because of the I guess Vice Academy one through three were already released, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, but very very out of print for a long time. I hope.
Speaker 2: I hope it's still worth something because I've got that. I just never watched it for a lot less.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I guess they were part of the subscription before, right, but this time we have to pay for him. We got to pay thirty bucks. Okay, well, then I paid for one through three, and then I paid for one, which I think is how my stuff works. You don't get it for free. Yeah, you know, I I like the cast and uh, as you could tell from my watches for the month, I'm perfectly happy to watch crap. So these these have the benefit of being shorter, but more of them, so man, perfect all right.
Speaker 1: So for those that did not see the information on this last week, yes, it is Vice Academy one through six that are all coming on blue right now from Vinegar Syndrome as part of the BSA line. These are the same three for scans for one through three, and then on four through six. These are new two K scans. We've got a new interview with Rix Loan on here. We've got new piece from Cinema Wasteland. It was a panel that was done with Rix s Loan and ginger Linn Allen from last year. Is that all that is new? I think she's an American treasure. So yes, there we go. Damn well going up. Sorry for those let's on the podcast, I am being attacked by and now you're muted. Ronnie is saying, are they all the same person? They're all directed by Rick Sloan. They are not all the same woman though, no, I should hope not. We've got ALANEA Quigley, We've got a ginger Lynn Allen, We've got I think at least one or two other women. I think. Yeah, all right, and then probably the most controversial announcement of the week, let's go into imprint. October twenty ninth. They're putting out a four K steel book collection of Halloween one through five on four K in a jack o lantern that you house the steel books in the back of the jack lantern. That's cool. And it's all the original art for all of the five Halloween films, which is a rarity. And it comes in this little case and then here is the housing of the steel book in the back. Nice and then the controversial part is this cost five hundred Australian dollars, which in liberty money that is three hundred and twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Sounds about right now.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people saying that is way too much money. Imprint has taking the piss, They're taking advantage of collectors. It's a big deal. Now, I will say a couple things.
Speaker 2: You'll not say the never ending story fake book.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will say a few things here. First, I'm not defending this release overall, but I do want to say a couple things that are very difficult to nail down, specifically with the Halloween franchise. If you go look at this page, this is the most comprehensive release of Halloween one through five ever. There are archival features that were not in this d screen factory set. Beyond that, Fidelity in Motion did the encoding, which means these will absolutely look better than the screen Factory four case. And then to get the original art on steel books is very rare for Halloween, like that's not happened for Halloween ever. And to get all of the first five, like I understand it's not a complete collection all that stuff. Yes, it's a big deal to get all these together. It is very expensive. Nobody's taking away from that. And of course one of the big things that we can point out is that A Nightmare and Elm Street is coming out on a four K steel book collection, and it's seven films, seven steel books, all original art, and on Amazon it was only one hundred and sixty dollars. Totally makes sense. I get that. However, this is a boutique label that had to pay for the licensing. Warner Brothers did not have to pay for licensing for their own. Okay, so you're defending this. I'm not. I'm making some of the reasons why it's three hundred and twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, I ain't getting any Halloween set unless it's got busted rhymes.
Speaker 1: I hate them.
Speaker 2: I wish there was an Australian remake of Halloween. I think that'd be awesome. Yes, yes, oh, I get out of the house. That Maya's content. I can't do an Australian accent, you know. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The Mayas was pretty good there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean that looks cool. I'd like to have that on my shelf.
Speaker 1: I won't get it, but I'd like to, Well, you can't get it because this sold out in less than forty eight hours. Oh okay, they only they only did a thousand of these, and that's a lot of money in forty eight hours. Obviously. A couple questions of the chat, Simmons are saying, I don't feel Ryan, do you not feel that six should have been included? I mean, realistically, sure, make it a complete collection if you can. Who knows why they couldn't say it could be licensing, It could be that they're not allowed to in Australia for some reason. It could be that the right with somebody different in Australia. Who knows? Do I think it should have been included? Sure, I'm not going to defend something not being in there. Key Ray wants to know who encoded the screen factory release. I believe that was just done through their regular company, which if I remember right, it is God, I don't even remember the name of the company. I could look it up because over on another podcast we interviewed one of the guys, so one second, but yeah, it's it's literally just one of like the restoration and authoring companies that does it. So it's not Fidelity Emotion. Fidelity Emotion does not do every four K release or anything like that. The other big thing is these are showing up at retailers in the US, so Orbit DVD brother Belile have both had these up for pre order at the same price, so you don't need to pay the tariff for anything like that. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Is this the first announcement?
Speaker 1: This is the second because we just talked about Vice Academy, all right, Jesus it is ten twenty yes, and this is how we do it every single time Halloween. Well, you know, God love him, Paul says JB hi Fi. We'll have someone stocked there in Australia as well.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, you know. And we've talked about this on the on the I think back in July. Maybe I'm all for, you know, perennial re releases of Halloween, because every new generation should be introduced to him, and sales of Halloween subsidize the production of lesser own stuff. So I think it's I think it's terrific. I I hope John Carpenter gets a big fat check every time.
Speaker 1: He deserves it, that's for sure. Oh and honesty Movies has him up as well, and Ragnar says movie Room sold out already, so yeah, they're they're selling. Yes, that is the company, Thanks Craig. I think it is dupleateech. That doesn't all right, So that's Halloween. It's expensive, yes, but again, if you're a Halloween super fan, these are the best releases for the five films. Like, I don't know what else to say, and honestly, for Halloween, you break it down for five different films, it's sixty bucks for a steel book in a light up actual Jack O'Lantern. Honestly, that doesn't seem like a crazy price. It's just when you're comparing it to a Nightmare on Elm Street who they didn't have to pay for licensing, it's gonna feel expensive. And I understand that.
Speaker 2: I read they were going to release a two hundred dollars version of this exact set, but if you buy it, you also have to take a copy of the ward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do that. That that is way too cheap for that. I kid, I kid, Let's let's go to Arrow for this month. These had leaked about ten days prior, so these are not really new news for most people. But let's get into them because they got some good titles. First stuff. On November twenty fourth, only over in the UK, we are getting The Apartment on four K. This is a film that Arrow had previously put out on Blu Ray that is legendary, like one of the titles that Arrow was known for for a few years. This was one of their better selling, like first of the big Deluxe editions that people loved. Big deal title here, obviously one that is a classic. No new extras on this as far as I can tell, but it is essentially the full four K version of the old Deluxe which was genuinely great. Check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Apartment, Billy Wilder Man, oh this and between this Sunset Boulevard and Double Indemnity, I mean, yeah, hey's great with the Fallen on the movies. You're also really like Love in the Afternoon with Audrey Hefprin. Yeah, he's good with the hookers.
Speaker 1: All right, that's The Apartment. Moving out of that one to more Wes Craven Deadly Friend from nineteen eighty six getting a Blu Ray release over in the UK. This, Yeah, another Anne Ramsey movie coming out. This is the first Arrow release of this it's got a new commentary from Stacy Ponder and Alexander West we got from archival extras on here, and then a new visual essay by bj Clangelo, new visual essay also by Alexander Heller Nicholas, and then a booklet with new writing by Guy Adams. Tell us about Deadly Friend. I don't think you've ever talked about this one on here. Maybe I love that this is one of the movies that you say one word and everybody knows, Like the scene you just say the word basketball and everybody's like, yeah, well, you know, what was it?
Speaker 2: Last year I had the extreme honor to contribute essays to two different books about Wes Craven. Deadly Friend was not one of my subjects, but you know, I've seen it many times. It was a movie that was kind of compromised in his production context. There were a lot of things that Craven wanted to do that he couldn't do. But I think it holds up as a as a pretty fun bit of camp, but it also has some pathos. I think actually Deadly Friend is probably more relevant now than it was at the time, because you know, you got all the stories about kids who are using AI for for therapy and romance and whatnot sight. I mean, you heard the story about the kid who who who you know, took his own life so that he could join his AI girlfriend. Tragic story, But yeah, I think Deadly Friends thematically is now more a more serious movie because of where we are technologically. But you can also just watch it and be like, hah be peep and she has the basketball.
Speaker 1: It's great. Josh or Toddo comments and says, I saw the ward at a film festival. Should have got a bit early instead. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love John Carpenter, but I think he probably agree that that was not top tier.
Speaker 1: All right. That is Wes Craven's Deadly Friend. And then we got one that I love, Speak No Evil from twenty twenty two, coming on November third on Blu Ray in the UK only. This is the original version of the James McAvoy film that was a remake that just came out last year. This is this is the first Blu Ray release of this anywhere in the world that is English friendly. This is exciting. How do you feel about this one? Have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: I just just found out that this was not the James McAvoy movie. So I mean, no offense to James McAvoy, but now I want to see this.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is this is very very good. It is a in my opinion, is a much better movie than the English Who's James McAvoy? Keep going? The guy from Split and X Men Days of Future Past.
Speaker 2: Oh he's that guy with the really red wet lips.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like young professor X. I don't know, is that who he is? Ye? Yes, yes, he is a professor X. Yeah. Those lips, man, they're ridiculous filth. That's another big one with them, thanks Pam. Yeah, yeah, health man. So this one we got a new audio commentary with the director and the co writer that was recorded exclusively for Arrow. Now I don't know this offhand, obviously, I'm saying this is the first English friendly release of this anywhere in the world. But the fact that they say the words at the end of this recorded exclusively for Arrow in twenty twenty five, that tells me there's likely another version of this film coming out here soon. So if you're in the US and you don't want to import for some reason, and maybe you're only Region eight, because this is likely to be Regent B locked I have a feeling that it's going to be released again here soon. This is coming as part of the Shutter deal with Arrow, so there is a possibility that this comes through OCN through that Shutter deal in the US. Again, no promises, but from the sound of it, what I take away from that is that if they're using the word exclusively, that means there's another one in the works. Here we got six never before seen deleted scenes with option commentary by the director and the writer, a new visual essay by Jen Handorf investigating the illusions of safety within civility. I loved that idea. You know why those scenes were deleted because they spoke some evil. I did not even to stop on the punchline, but it felt. Uh the booklet in here has new writing in the film by Tory Potenza and Natasha Ball. Yeah, to me, this was a must. I definitely already pre ordered this. This is absolutely one of my favorite films in the last five years, so it was a need. Yeah. No, I haven't seen this, so Brendan says, reminder Seven has a Shutter deal as well. Yes, this is true, but I believe the Seven deal. They listed all of the titles that they had signed and Speak No Evil was not a part of that. Now it's it's possible that they had expanded that deal. But if they didn't and they're only working on that original list, speaking to Evil was possible not coming from them, So we'll see. Shutter is kind of like taken ride around town. They got deals with everybody, so who knows where it's coming.
Speaker 2: Shutter is the Vice Academy of Labels.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's Speak No Evil. Next is Outland on four K from nineteen eighty one. This is coming on November third over in the UK, November fourth here in North America. This is a movie that I have somehow never seen. This is a Peter Heimes film. We've got Sean Connery in this one, and it is coming with the brand new four K estoration restoration from the OCN by Arrow themselves. We got a new commentary by Chris Alexander, new interview with the writer and director Peter Himes, new interview with the DP Stephen Goldblatt. We've got new interview with the visual effects artist William Mesa, and then Josh Nelson did a new appreciation of this one. New visual essay by Howard S. Berger, which I can say is it's a good vision. I say, you'll you'll appreciate that. One booklet with new writing on this one by Priscilla Page and Brandon Stroy Snig. I've never seen this. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: I Ams?
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: To no one, that's Peter Hyams, but it's a Neil Diamond song.
Speaker 1: I made it.
Speaker 2: I took Peter Hyams's name and I put it in I am, I said, understood by Neil Diamond.
Speaker 1: You see that?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, it's a fun movie. Like Vince says, Outland is hid in and out of space. That's that's sweet.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah that That seemed to be the reaction. A lot of people are very excited about this one, another one that I somehow I don't think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I got so excited when this was announced, and then I was like no, no, no, no no, I wanted mission.
Speaker 1: To Mars, right, But that's what that's the one. You remember when these came out and it was like at the same time going to Mars. And when I posted these announcements, I literally was like typing excitedly that was coming out, and then I looked closer.
Speaker 2: Oh god, damn it getting me some like lesser known Brian de Palmer. Now this does have Terrence Stamp rest in peace. Oh man, we I mean, we try not to do a whole lot of time lamenting and mourning, but Man, Graham Green, Scott Spiegel, Terrence Stamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a rough couple of weeks. So so sad, so sad.
Speaker 2: I will I will say this though Spiegel got to go out the way he should have gone out. Scott Spiegel was found dead on a couch watching The Three Stooges. And I mean, seriously, for any of those Michigan guys, you know, Bruce Campbell, Sam Ramy, Josh Becker, that's the way, that's the way they want to go. I guarantee you all of them, if you said to any Raymie or Spiegel, Becker with Camell, if if you said to him, how do you want to go out? I guarantee you they would all choose Three Stooches to be the thing they were watching when they keeled over.
Speaker 1: So I'm happy. I'm happy that he got to go out that way. I'm sad that he had.
Speaker 2: To go out at all. He was only sixty nine years old. Nice but anyway, Red Planet, the lesser of the Mars movies.
Speaker 1: Yes, did not even say This is November seventeenth in the UK. November eighteenth here in North America, four K release a Red Planet. This is a Val Kilmer, Carrie N. Moss headlining. We got Terence Stamp, Tom Sizemore in this one as well as far as extras, We've got a new interview with Jeffrey A. O'cun who is the visual effects supervisor, new interview with helmet and suits designer Steve Johnson. We've got a new visual retrospective with Heath Holland, who is over at Cereal at midnight. And then we've got an illustrated collector's book that with new writing on the film by Mark A. Altman. Yeah. I've never seen this one at all.
Speaker 2: I actually can't remember the difference between Red Planet and Mission to Mars at this point, except because de Palma directed to Mission to Mars. I'm assuming there's some split screen and at least one scene. Anyway, I hope Mission to Mars comes out as well. I'm curious to see Red Planet. I know I have seen it before, but I have zero memory of it except for Val Kilmer on Red Dirt.
Speaker 1: Right, So I don't know that I'm gonna purchase this, but I do now want to kind of see it again. Well, let's go to the one that everybody was just fighting each other to be able to pre order the fact just nineteen ninety Four's The Mask coming on four K and blu ray from Arrow November tenth of the UK, November eleventh in North America. Yes, The Mask, the Jim Carrey film. This has a new Let's see what we got here? Archival commentaries with Chuck Russell. We've got a new interview with Chuck Russell. New interview with Mike Richardson, Mike erb and Mark Verheiden. New interview with the visual effects supervisor Scott Squire's, new interview with the editor author Coburn, New interview with the actor Amy Yasbeck, new interview with the choreographer Jerry Evans with never before seen rehearsal footage, new visual essay by Elizabeth Purchell on Cane Eyed sidekick Milo. And then a new booklet with new writing in the film by Alexandra Heller Nicholas and the original production notes, plus a poster The Mask, Tell Me About Your love for this one will well.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw this in the theater when it came out. I mean Ace Venturer, the Mask, dumb and dumber, I mean Jim Carrey was born to play those roles. But I gotta tell you, I prefer Jamie Kennedy's sequel.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: It's because Sibner made that comment, But the fact that I know that there's a sequel starring Jamie Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Is kind of funny. I don't know this.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I actually watched this for the first time since I saw it in theaters with my youngest daughter like last year, and a lot of the a lot of the comedy holds up, some of it doesn't now that I'm older. The fact that it is just so unrelentingly kinetic kind of wears me out. But uh, you know, I don't have anything bad to say about the movie. It's if you if you like Jim Carrey and you like that brand of physical comedy, this is really well done. The quality of the animation is for its time, pretty seamless. I'm impressed with the special effects in this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went big for this one for sure. The other big thing about this that I will say is the Blu ray for this was notorious for being awful, So I am imagining this is going to be a giant uptick in quality. Wait and Chuck Russell, Yeah, director of The Blob directed The Mask. You know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: What am I thinking of? Didn't Chuck Russell work on joy Ride?
Speaker 1: I think he did the one that you just watched. Yeah, I'm not sure about that. I'm looking it up. Damn it, I type Chick Russell. Now I got a bunch of not safe for work. Just saving that search for later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, open that up and yeah, he was production manager and and assistant director of joy ra That's a nice coincidence. I didn't realize that Chuck Russell directed this.
Speaker 1: I just assumed.
Speaker 2: I think that it was either Tom Shad Yak or the other guy, which one did Kung Pou?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I know what you're talking about. But yeah, Chuck Russell, I mean this was like the first three films of his career. Is we got The Blob, We've got Kirk Sorry, Blob not Aaron elm Street Three and The Mask are his first three films as a director. No, get that little practical effects on your first three films, Like that's that's amazing. And then the fact that those are your first three and like they're all just straight classics for the most part. That's huge.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, that makes me like the movie more. I didn't realize that that was Chuck Russell.
Speaker 1: Wow, who directed the twenty twenty five remake of Witchboard. By the way, don't watch Whichboard.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm definitely seeing that.
Speaker 1: Dude. You can't talk me out of it. Broh, he's sixty seven. Don't be watching any three stooges. I love that. That's gonna be the euphemism on this show for the rest of the time. Oh, he's getting old. Don't watch three students.
Speaker 2: They're gonna curly you right out.
Speaker 1: We'll be watching No mo. All right, let's go to the next one, which is an exciting announcement from tear Vision. Coming in October. They're putting out a four K and blu ray dual format release of Patchwork from twenty fifteen. This is the later comedy that they've been teasing for a while. I will say it's much more on the splatter than the comedy side, for sure. I always laughed when he was using the word comedy because sure, there's a couple scenes from this that are generating laughs, but this is definitely more of a splatter film. So this let's go through this because many people have never even heard of this one. Jennifer, Ellie, and Madeleine or Madeline sorry, are three very different women with one thing in common. They're all dead, well sort of. After a night out, these three ladies wake up with the ultimate hangover, stuck in the same body, sewn together into a horrific Frankenstein esque creature with their personality still intact. They must work together to pilot their new body, escape their captors, and survive. With the help of Garrett, a hapless med student, The Frightful fem and Fatales use their combined skills, strength, and reflexes as stitch and set out to find who is responsible.
Speaker 2: I'm probably gonna get this now, it is worth it. I haven't heard the podcast for that one yet, and I did not know what this was about, and I'm sure I.
Speaker 1: Guess I already missed the window to get it cheaper, but I think that ends tomorrow. Actually, no shit, So this is a Frankenstein story with the feminist twist that is the perfect throwback to eighty genre films that we love and cherish. This is the same director that did The Tragedy Girls, and it's a wonderful knife from just a couple of years ago. This is the directorial debut from Tyler McIntyre and it is loaded with extras, with the brand new four K transfer with HDR color grading approved from the director. This also has the CD released with it in one of the Terror Vision hard boxes. Yes, there are quite a few things that you can compare this to in Franken Hooker. I see somebody bringing that up in the chat, which I know Will loves, so yeah, check it out. This is like Frank in Frenemies. Yeah. Yeah, extras on this one. We got a forty page perfectly bound book. We've got a new commentary by the director. You're moderated by Matt Dinado. There's an archival commentary here, new making. Yep. So in previous.
Speaker 2: Descriptions, I have seen these labeled perfect bound books.
Speaker 1: Don't don't tell Brad Henderson, but that's the proper way to say it.
Speaker 2: Perfectly, that's what I call it. He's saying that it's like bound really well.
Speaker 1: Yes, a perfect bound book specifically meet which is given their track record lately, I wouldn't necessarily believe, Oh that's funny. I'm not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not even sure it's going to be in there. But I hope that the perfectly bound book is as good as it sounds.
Speaker 1: I am going to get this. That sounds awesome. There's a patchwork short films included in this. There's a bunch of archival extras and including ePK footage, Teezer trailer, old two K presentation of the film for archival purposes only, new subtitles, and you can check it out brand new right now.
Speaker 2: Well on a second archival purposes only. Yeah, sir, if I purchase this, I will use it for whatever purchase purposes I wish.
Speaker 1: All right, you don't tell me what is for archival purposes only? Okay, No, I draw the line, Well, you get to draw a lot for this next title, because you know what it's time for. Oh shoot, I was about to take a break. October twenty eighth, there is a four K steel book, standard four K and Blu ray and DVD releases coming of Cine Versus The Toxic Avenger from twenty twenty three. This is the brand new remake starring the one and only Peter Dinklish as Winston Goose who's exposed to a catastrophic toxic accident. He's transformed into a new kind of hero, the Toxic Avenger, the hero that we need right now now. Toxic must rise from outcast to savior, taking on ruthless corporate overlords and corrupt forces who threaten his son, his friends, in his community in a world where greed runs rampant. Justice is best served. Radioactive extras on this We've got a toxic environment, best up. Behind the scenes director commentary with Macon Blair, Yes, the Macon Blair, the one that starred in Blue Ruin. We've got Toxic Shock with Tiffany Sheppis. Fortieth anniversary of The Toxic Avenger and a trailer that's pretty good. Set.
Speaker 2: I'll say, you know, I think this movie is very funny. It's it very much captures this the spirit of trauma while being very different from trauma, Like this is definitely not a truma movie, but it gets it, you know. And I'll say this too, and as and I encourage people to see it in the theaters, even though it brings me no material value whatsoever. I've really appreciated their publicity stunt of buying up five million dollars of medical debt. Yes, you know, if you're going to do a publicity stunt, why not make the world a little bit better. I thought that was great. That is part of the plot health insurance and access to healthcare, which is you know, relevant and and in keeping with the Toxic Avengers legacy, you know, as a franchise that started out with as an environmentalist cause we should talk about I guess the Avenger in the room. We produced Toxic Shock with Tiffany shop we did, yeah, and she is hopefully going to come talk about that. I'll go ahead and say the background, the genesis that have we talked about this before?
Speaker 1: We just said we were.
Speaker 2: Doing something with Tifney Sheppis, right correct. So I've been a fan of hers for thirty years twenty eight years. Like I was working in a video store when Tromeo and Juliet came out and I thought it was terrific. Tiffany Sheppis then started hosting Trauma's Edge TV, and she appeared in Citizen Toxi and a couple other things. When am I forgetting well, it'll come to me later, and you know, as a scream queen, she's just terrific. She elevates every movie she's in, abominable hazing so many low budget classics. So we actually, uh, why don't I don't know what I'm allowed to say. So do you want to say how this started?
Speaker 1: I will say back in back in May. Will notice that he and John were about to.
Speaker 2: Be before that, because we were doing this before got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we we had Dennis Bartok actually from Deaf Crocodile recommended us to uh, he recommended us to the person that was producing the disc and I had a conversation with him. We had a little conference call that night and I mentioned some of the things that we'd worked on and how we are both big trauma people and would love to do something for Toxic Avenger, and he asked us essentially to do like a sizzle reel, like an audition for it. And funny enough, we kind of like did the entire thing, uh to begin with, It was like a six minute version of this video that we put out and I liked that was kind of a great surprise. Yeah, they loved every moment, literally had no notes. They were like this is great if you could just make it like a couple of minutes longer, that's exactly what we need for the disc you're in. And we said, well, maybe we could try something a little crazier.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go ahead. But yeah, that's where that comes in. So first of all, thank you so much to Dennis for recommending us. That's that was amazing. And this was a little bit different, right, This wasn't uh uh researched like visual essay or a commentary. This is like, hey, make something entertaining trauma style.
Speaker 1: So we wrote, which we have done before, by the way, it's not something brand new to us. Especially the r Y and Norsky piece for Terror Vision is very very similar to the tone of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a funny guy. I can do I can do the comedy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we wrote, we wrote this piece and it's and the piece that we made. And John Daly is a freaking force of nature when it comes to editing. He really he took the script and the voiceover and created this incredibly Like the visuals that he made elevated the jokes far beyond what they were originally. Okay, so we had this piece and Cina Verse was was happy with it, and that made us happy. They asked us to make it longer. And by coincidence, John Daly and I had made an agreement with Severn and Terror Vision to run a table for them at the Carolina Fearfest, which was back in May of twenty this year. And guess who was at Carolina Fearfest. Tiffany shepp Right, like, there were so many great people at Fearfest, but when I saw Tifany shepfis was gonna be there, I was like, I'm gone. I love Tiffany Sheffi's her work is awesome. She's so fun and funny.
Speaker 1: And to.
Speaker 2: Share public gratitude again, Brad Henderson gave us contact information so we could ask Tiffany if she would like to be in the video. And she could have ignored it. She could have said no, but she didn't. She said hell yeah, And I rewrote the script to bring her into the concept of it, and she said she liked it, and she had ideas and notes and they were actually good, like she's a good writer. In fact, is credited as co writer of this because she had so many good ideas that helped helped us evolve it and at Carolina I fear Fest we shot her scenes and John did an amazing job of you know, kind of green screening the the stuff behind her. I gotta tell you, I'm super proud of this.
Speaker 1: I know you are too.
Speaker 2: You you announced it. I hope everybody sees Toxic Avenger in the theater, but also whether you buy it or borrow it, I hope you see Toxic shots with Tiffany Sheppis because Tiffany is hilarious in it, and the whole piece I think is a nice tribute to the Trouma legacy.
Speaker 1: The amount of high pace writing that we had to do for this was insane.
Speaker 2: Like we we found out about this, I wasn't going to get into that ship.
Speaker 1: We found out about this on a Wednesday, and we needed to turn it in by Sunday and we must ring break it was insanity. The the way that some of the the rest of this has come together, Like we approached Tiffany ten days before the convention. Most people would have said, that's way too close. I can't change plans for anything like that, and she was like, hell, yeah, let's do it, and now Hurt Will are best friends.
Speaker 2: She is absolute talent, her, her work is awesome. She is very nice and tolerant, so I will say thank you to her. And yeah she was as as Ryan announced, Tiffany had agreed to come on tonight, but she actually picked up a bug and she's not feeling well and her well, I shouldn't say that, So she hopefully will be able to come next month or a later month to say hello to everybody.
Speaker 1: She's just so nice and cool. It's cool, cool person. When when I posted this post about hey, just so everybody knows we produce this toxic shock thing, I wanted to spend a moment tonight because I know there's a lot of people that watch and listen to this for all the announcements and don't even grasp that we're special features producers a lot of the time. So literally, come on. At this point, we have worked on like forty some odd titles that have been announced, and there's literally something like thirty that have yet to be announced or that are currently in progress. Oh you know, I'm sorry. Will you know which one I want to hear about? Uh? Yeah, that's going to be an exciting one. Hopefully it's a week that you're hosting the next week.
Speaker 2: The other big, the other big, goddamn Sidner in his pajamas.
Speaker 1: The other big thing is that we are a able to help, you know, on many of these titles behind the scenes, in ways that we have only dreamed of. Literally, like we're helping craft some of these before they come out. And I hope that people are appreciating. Uh, this Toxic Avenger steel book all the way down to thirty one dollars already on pre order. It's going to be a fairly inexpensive pickup. Not going to say, hey, pressure you to pick it up, but if you're curious because we're on it and you want to check it out, we we would appreciate that. We'd love to hear feedback. Yeah, Tiffany's great.
Speaker 2: In it, but god man, we're working with her. I don't care what happens next.
Speaker 1: Car supplemental features wise, when things get reviewed, we we we certainly don't have a lot of people that focus on any of the supplemental features. So if you check it out, let us know what you think. We'd love to hear about it. Anyways, that's Toxic Avenger. Anything else on TOXY.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I feel weird you know, the capitalist structure really indoctrinates the lower ninety eight percent into this like false sense of modesty, you know what I mean, Like like we're taught, we're taught not to be like, hey, I'm really proud of this, and like you were just talking about how proud you were, and I like, I like it was deflecting. But it's because it's it's not me, it's it's it's the indoctrination. I apologize. I'm proud of you're proud of this. I'm proud of this.
Speaker 1: I bet you. John's pretty proud of it. John is very proud of it, and he was supposed to be here tonight as well, and he will hopefully come on the show with Tiffany as well, so we'll hear more of that. Oh my gosh, you wouldn't know it to listen to him, but John's a really talented guy. I really hope John here is that. Arim Radcliffe says, personally, waiting for Umbrella's release before committing to buy, just in case they have any additional extras. Not only that, I can pretty much say they likely will have additional extras, but maybe we can try to get ours on there. Too, We'll see yes, Michael Morales. All of the releases of this, even just the DVD has all of the extras, I believe, so no matter what version you buy, you should be able to check out Toxic Shock with Tiffany shepis as Will swallows his microphone. Jeez oh that was That was weird. All right, I'm going to carry on without him for a moment. Then coming in twenty twenty six on Blu Ray in the US from Mondo Micabro. They just wanted to pre announce this title and I'm stoked on this one. This is a Hong Kong horror title that they've been hyping up for a while, and that is Black Magic with Buddha from nineteen eighty three. This is the results of a search decades in the making, deduced in collaboration with Lacheque with fume over in France. That's why they do to announce it because the Smoking Cat was also announcing it. This is gonna be a big deal. Stoked to see this title, Glad to see that they're able to get some Hong Kong horror out and as big fans of Monta Micabro, Will and I are both probably going to be eager to see this on release day and you are completely muted. I think it's at the microphone level. Well that's okay, let's see. Just watched Oily Maniac. Nice now I can hear you will?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't not even say I'm excited about pretty much anything Manda releases. They gave me a funny memory. There was a kid in my high school. Everybody called Buddha because there was He was short, but he waited about four hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: I think every school had a Buddha. We had one as well. I was like, that's such a cruel thing, but he loved it. He was like, you know, that became his persona. Now that I'm older, I realize that's probably just how he was processing the trauma. And who knows, his cardiac score is probably worse than mine. But anyway, the black magic with Buddha, all all about it, and you know what I'm not about, though, bullying? Okay, don't bully. Paul says, we had a Buddha here in primary school. Of course, it's a worldwide phenomenon. Brandan says, has Mondo ever done another Hong Kong title? No, that was a big deal. This is one that they've been after for a while and they're excited about that for sure. Well before we even talk about this, we're getting more questions about this. CGTV is Modo not doing a special Halloween release this year? Last year's was so worth the wait. Of course they are, Absolutely they are. We just have not seen them announce that yet. It'll be happening in October. It always does. And they're also about to ship the batch that we just ordered last month, so lots coming from them. All right, Okay, Next up is a big deal title one I'm very excited about. We don't have a release date for it, but you can pre order now from the Fun City Edition's website here in the US. A four K release of Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains from nineteen eighty two. This is a strictly limited deluxe set, so this is going to be a hard box release these I was starting to read the snapsys. Most everybody should know what this is about. Great great movie. This is a limited edition side exclusive with the new design inspired by punk seven inch picture sleeves by Saslow. Sorry, go ahead, really sit on blu ray before who did imprint. Oh, so that's what I have. Yes, that's the one I have as well. Okay, what stinks is that had that had pretty good extras, but this does not carry over those extras. So this has a sixty four page perfect bound book with new essays by Margaret Martin FuMO and Night Flight's Stewart Shapiro. Uh. There's an archival article from the Grand Royal magazine and a replica of the original studio issued a handbook of production information. There's a double sided fold out poster featuring a legacy one sheet key art and newly designed art by Scott Saslow. There is a sticker sheet with three custom kiss cut stickers designed by Says. Archival commentary by Lou Adler, archival commentary by Diane Lane and Laura Deurn, new carmentary by Mike Mark Edward Hook, new commentary by Jake Fogel Nest and Mark Edward Hook. There's some image gallery. There's an archival making of alternate opening title sequence from the work Prince. There is believed scenes from the work prints and uh, yeah, this is a huge release. You know.
Speaker 2: I recently have a student who was getting into college radio and had just gotten their first show. And you know, I did college radio back in the nineties. The radio station that I was the station manager for was ranked number seven in the nation by the Princeton Review.
Speaker 1: No big deal.
Speaker 2: I did four years as a DJ at a community radio station after that, so I've been I've been to DJ a long time.
Speaker 1: And so the student was talking about how they just got a new show, and I was like, oh, okay, what do you do. What's your uh, what's your deal? And they go it's a punk punk show, play punk music. I was like, okay, what kind of stuff you into?
Speaker 2: And they go, well, I like to get back to the roots, like Green Day, and I physically attacked him. Lawsuit is pending. Disciplinary hearing is going to be next week. I feel like I'm going to win because when I explain why I attacked him, all of the administrators will have no choice but to say, well, yeah, ladies and gentlemen, Ladies and gentlemen. The Fabulous Names is such a fun movie, and it's from the time, you know, I really like it, enjoy it. I'm not saying that it has like the authenticity of say, Decline of Western civilization or something worse, but it has the benefit of you know, being in the right place at the right time, and the style is fantastic. And get the punk rocks roots with Green Day. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: You know we didn't have Google. We just had to find shit out Green Day. Will I will say we have gotten many comments. Right before you started speaking, there was a very loud sound coming from your home. It sounded like you put your microphone in the air conditioner. Oh. Sorry, just letting you know. You know, it's fine now, I'm just letting you know. I don't know if there's something different, you don't need to mute.
Speaker 2: I just moved the microphone. Oh, I bet I know what that was. The the little fuzzy part fell off. Oh, I had to put it back on. I bet that sounded loud as shit because I forgot the mute before.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like it's still happening, just very quietly in the background. All right. It sounds like you're you're near like a hotel air conditioner. Oh, it's a fan, and we turn it off or we go. I don't want you to die either.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not blowing in my heart. Those are the stats got yet I'm afraid of them. You know, Ronnie's right, Dookie did come out.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: And you know, not to mention paper paper lanterns and all that stuff came out way before these kids were born.
Speaker 1: But to say the.
Speaker 2: Origins are like some freaking pop punk band, give me a break. You know, have have the decency too, you know, google punk rock and I mean, you know, punk rocks a controversial genre in that you know, a lot of especially in the UK, a lot of it was you know, prefab stuff, but you know it was an era. And let me tell you a fun Jello biafra story. Sometimes I got a really good Jello biafra story of eating at a eating late night dinner at a what was that place called? It was like a waffle house but not anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll share that story when we don't have seventy three more announcements. Oh that's when punk died, all right. Next up over in the UK, Shameless, on September twenty ninth is releasing a blue ray of State Line Motel from nineteen seventy three with Ursula undress, I mean on dress. I've never seen this one. It's also got Fabio Testi and Eli Wallack. This says this is no quick build Hollywood caper. Under the gritty direction of Marizzio Lucidi, a master of emotional tensions, these cinema legends deliver powerful performances in a sleek, psychological thriller elevated by a moody score from Luis Bakalov. Yet your fan got loud again.
Speaker 2: It seems like, who do you want from me? I don't get paid.
Speaker 1: I did mute you for a moment because it was getting real loud. This has a new two K restoration of the fully uncut version of the film. We had an interview with Fabio Testi on filming with Ursula Andress and Eli Wallack. We've got Did you turn the fan off? Turn it down? Okay? I was gonna say, because I still hear it. I mean I have it on every time I'm on the show. I hear you, all right, It's ever the one time I was at my mom's but then I had a ceiling. Man, you were outside that one time too. Then an ocean Courrin says, will can you turn your pant off and go shirtless? Any thoughts? I'll do it as a fundraiser. I don't want to lose any money.
Speaker 2: Half of them are donating for me to put it back on the other half. I want me to like drip chocolate syrup on it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, this is State Line Motel. Is this a film you've seen? No? I haven't.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the cast is incredible and gosh, who wouldn't want to hear the majestic score of The Postman again.
Speaker 1: A classic Kevin Costs Stan No, I definitely want to see this.
Speaker 2: Unlike you, I treat Ursula Andrews with the respect that she deserves, which is utmost.
Speaker 1: I've never disrespected her. You punder her name. Everybody has. Anyways, Wow, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This toxic masculinity cannot stand.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of toxic masculinity. September thirtieth, on an Amazon exclusive Blu ray from well Go USA, We Get Affinity from twenty twenty five. This says Chilean martial arts star Marcos auror Is Bruno, an ex seal struggling with PTSD. He lives a life in fear of his demons until one day when he discovers a beautiful woman with no past of her own. Together they begin to build a life, but when she disappears, Bruno must return to his violent past. If he's going to save her from a shocking conspiracy.
Speaker 2: I am one hundred going to see this.
Speaker 1: Sounds like I will will move. Paul is donating three Australian dollars to you.
Speaker 2: No man, save that for the Halloween set. No thanks, Paul, that's awesome. You know, if anything screams, could this be a new Jim Way Norski or Mark l Lester or Fred oldin Ray movie, it would have to be this.
Speaker 1: And uh to see that.
Speaker 2: They're like, you know, we can't afford Costas Mandlore but his nephew Louis is available.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just made that up. That was a pull for the name though.
Speaker 2: That was nice, all right, Yeah, what if you're a fan of Jim Wye Norski, you know who Costas Mandelor is, and if you're a yeah, and if you're a fan of the Saw franchise, no, I mean this is a a mythic oh Lewis Mandelor is Australian best known for the My Big Fat Greek Wedding franchise. And he is the brother of Costas Mandelor. So perfect.
Speaker 1: Love it, gonna see it?
Speaker 2: This is a This is an almost mythic human story, you know, like where a man is like incredible but damaged and a woman is in danger and he must take care of business.
Speaker 1: Sibner wants us to focus on this tagline Exceal Elite Team on Impossible truth, Yes, affinity, Yes, I yeah, those three sentences or phrases like, it's very confusing, but okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean probably finds out that she's. Oh, it's gonna be like Chinatown or something. He's gonna find out she's.
Speaker 1: He's definitely getting double crossed. Oh No, it's like, is gonna be like old boy.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'll find out he's like banging his sister or something. What's worse, sister or daughter? I think daughter?
Speaker 1: Uh So anyways, uh Coming on October twenty seventh, Don Blu Ray in the uk H. Third Window Films is releasing the Kaiso Hayashi's Mike Uhama trilogy from nineteen ninety four to nineteen nighth What the Hell's Going To a trilogy of films about Yokohama private eye Mike Yohama played by Masatoshi Nagase, directed by Kaizo Hayashi. Uh In the Most Terrible Time in My Life, He gets embroiled in the disappearance of a Taiwanese immigrants brother getting caught in the crosshairs of a gang war. In the second film, The Stairway to the Distant Past, he goes after a man in white reigning over the embattled river front of Yokohama. The ominous final chapter, The Trap, straddles the line of psychological horror, is a series of drug fuelled murders and still fear in Yokohama. And this is again like one of the great sets from Third Window films that I can't wait to get.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, the descriptions of those movies is way worse than what I just said. I'm talking about Forbidden Love. But you're all fine with murder. Just membermant and everybody out here stands for old boy, Oh old boy. And so I made one reference to like an important plot point. Everybody's like so.
Speaker 1: In the special features in the first film, we got an audio commentary by Jasper Sharp, we got a couple of new interviews. In the second movie, we've got the selected commentary by Ed Minell, and then a visuals by Matthew Carter. In the third film, a commentary by Sam Deagan and a visual essay by James Bellmont. Again, to me, this seems like a really great set. I can't wait to own these. Oh fantastic. Yeah. Uh next up? Uh oh more Toxic Avenger just a heads up there also releasing a double feature of the new Toxic Avenger with the old Toxic Avenger as a double feature four K. This is the same theoretically. Yeah, if you don't have the four K that has already come out of the old one, this will be the exact same disc, just packaged together. And hopefully this brings some new fans to Trauma or Toxy or everything above.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, honestly. Oh, by the way, that reminds me that's how you guys. My sister won an Emmy. No, you did not say it on here, just to me, my sister won an Emmy.
Speaker 1: Your sister has won an Emmy for a show that we talked about on this show with her Madu. Yeah, so all says he canceled the work we did to keep watching today. Glad he did? All right?
Speaker 2: Man, I hope I get to talk to you one of these days, man.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, he sent you three Australian dollars. That's like nineteen cents. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'll apply that to my next order from Umbrella.
Speaker 1: Oh Man. Next up October twenty first, Dcal and Bleaker Street are releasing this year's Relay on Blu Ray, So coming on Blu ray only. I would be curious to see if this is going to get a four K overseas. It will be kind of surprising if somebody in the UK or Germany does not do a four K for this. I really enjoyed this movie. Some people didn't like the ending all that much, but I thought it worked very well. I love this. Rizamed has made some incredible choices as far as what movies he's in, and this just continues that streak. You have not seen Relay. Have you seen much with Rizomed or seen him in anything? I am hearing his name for the first time tonight. He he was nominated for an Oscar for that film to Sound a Metal where he plays a deaf drummer. Oh.
Speaker 2: I do have that, I just haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, okay, mile for this young up and comer. Jesus you sounded so oh Man. Next, I forgot this was this week due October sell from Blue Fox Entertainment. Whoever that is Jean Claude Van Dams, the Gardener from twenty twenty five is getting a Blu ray release. Wow.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, man. You know what my bucket list would be is to have Jean Claude Van Dam appear on Peacemaker. I think he would be the like perfect uh mentor character or villain character going up against John Cena. I think they would have perfect chemistry.
Speaker 1: I would love that. I could see that.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, I'm a fan of Sena. I'm a huge fan of JCVD. I love Van Dan.
Speaker 1: I've heard you say that sentence before, but you never saw the jc part. So that's nice.
Speaker 2: Look man, I don't dislike him. I just don't think he's you know, white and blonde.
Speaker 1: Oh that was funny. So yeah, this story, I don't know. This says every year the Prime Minister keeps a secret list of his political enemies to be removed. Schuster, a senior official close to the presidency, finds himself named on the list, meaning he will be assassinated within forty eight hours by a team of elite government hit men. Condemned to a certain death surge, his wife and his children only have one hope left their strange gardener Leo.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Awesome, this is gonna be like, Oh, this will be like uh micro budget Beekeeper.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. I don't know what to expect. I'm super excited about it, micro Budget Beekeeper.
Speaker 2: Listen, when as far as action starts going automatic watches for me are anything. Dolf Lungbrun's in, Johan van van Dam's in, Jason Stathan's Jason, He's he's the young blood for me. Uh, these guys.
Speaker 1: They get Jason Stathum like forty eight. Yeah, he's a young guy. Read the other two plus the other two can actually find Jason Statum was like a diver, but he's learned. He's good every single time he comes up. I want to point out that Jason Statham has never been in a direct to video film. Every single film he's ever been in has been a theatrical release. Isn't that insane? I don't believe that it's true every single one for somebody like Jason Statham. That is wild.
Speaker 2: Okay, I wasn't gonna talk about something else, but you just raised a flat What do you mean like Jason Statham. Jason Statham is a superstar.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying he's not. But for somebody that has done a lot of like B movie action type films, that is surprising. You gotta he's magnetic. I'm not saying he's not. I never That was not a knock on his quality whatsoever. Listen.
Speaker 2: I will say this, and I bet you Jason would agree. J CVD did splits. J CVD. Yeah, j CVD did splits so that Jason Statham could slide around in oil.
Speaker 1: Good walk normally.
Speaker 2: No, I mean respect John Claude Van Dam. You know, from Breaking two to this what a career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not putting either of them down.
Speaker 2: And then that any thing that he did, the truck commercial or whatever. You know what I'm talking about, I do, Yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: Jason Stathum is fifty eight. He is not. What is that true? What am I doing wrong? Well, it's the sts. I don't have any stantons. I think that's actually the problem.
Speaker 2: Oh man, what was that movie he did with the comedy movie the.
Speaker 1: It's called I thought he was funny in that. But anyways, Vin Dams, who were talking, what is the comedy movie about?
Speaker 2: Fun I saw it. I love Jason sayo, but I let me tell you. Look, if you have to choose one ex Expendables movie, it's the second one. Fan, Damn's awesome.
Speaker 1: We still have it started, Ociaa. We've spent eighteen minutes on the Gardener. I'm getting the gardener. I don't know what I'm getting from Ocianna. Oh my god, what time is it? Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, old boy? You said. Next up October twentieth on four K over in the UK, Studio Canal releasing from their vintage classics line Dead of Night from nineteen forty five. This is one of the more famous and well known portmanteaus or anthology horror films. This has a brand new four K restoration of the film new Dead of Night, Dreams and Duality with Alice Lowe. That was pronounced duality and it should have been duality, I'm sorry, New marketing, Galory, the Art of Ealing with Natalie Morris, and then a pun of archival extras. Plus there's an illustrated booklet with writings on the movie and technical credits. This is pretty good, pretty good anthology. Are you know this one? I'm sure you've seen this one.
Speaker 2: I'm not seen it. No, I'm gonna see it. I it makes me wonder, though, like where do Ravile pick go? I thought he was like the next big thing. He seems to have faded. I don't know what's happened. Anyway, this looks good.
Speaker 1: Am I missing a reference? There? I mean that song? Oh? I don't listen to his music, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, that seems to be what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: Isn't he about to be in street Fighter? Horrible Peck? I think so? What the cast for the upcoming street Fighter movie is unhinged?
Speaker 2: That's a that's a journalism word. I don't know what that means. Oble pic to the Dead of Knight song?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I literally never heard any of his songs.
Speaker 2: Who are you a homophobe?
Speaker 1: Jesus? Oh? Anyways, Uh, that's a good song. Anyway, this is great. I want to see it. Thank you, Ronnie Orvilepeck is going to be in Street Fighter. He also started Cabaret on stage recently.
Speaker 2: Well, now we need to get JCVD and Cabaret.
Speaker 1: My God doing the splits and oil wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, the Horrible Peck would be able to say that he and Shall Claube Ben Damm are the only people to be in both Street Fighter and Cabaret'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: So I understand that we're trying to get get through this quickly, but it's been brought up and this has to be discussed for just a moment. So the next Street Fighter film, Noah sent to Nayo as kin Masters. Andrew cog is Riu, I don't know his name, Colleena Leang as chun Lee, Roman Rains as a Kuma, David Dismalchin is m Bison, Oh my god, Cody Rhodes as Guile, Andrew Schultz as Dan Hibbyghe Eric andre is Don Savage. I don't know his name either, Vi Vidiot, Jim Wall as dallism or Dalsom Sorry fifty Cent as ball Rog, Jason Momoa as Blanca, Orville Pecks Vega, Olivier Richters as Zengief here Yuruki Goto as in Honda. I don't know. Kyle Mooney from Saturday Night Live as Mark.
Speaker 2: So much more than that, he also directed that.
Speaker 1: That movie. He did direct a movie. Yes, well, it looks great.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know any of those names. Except for U.
Speaker 1: The Schultz and Andre and thirty Cent and Horrible Peck and Mama Cody, Roads and Roman Reigns are also current WWE wrestlers. Eric Eric Andre is the guy that does the Cartoon Network show where he like, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: He plays upright bass and regrets it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, I don't. I'm willing to take bets now and on how much this film is going to lose, but very curious. What street Fighter not Dead Knight? Listen, We're not we're recommending this. Let me be clear. Dead of Knight is good. We actually I discussed this on one of our first supplemental features that we put out. Actually this was, yeah, the anthology thing, what was that on what Happens next? May scare you on Terror Vision? Good release? Okay ocn oh god, you're right, Ryan, I was. I was, thank you. So you can order now and shipping this month. All of these from the Vinegar Syndroome website. Not going to say that again. Actually one of them is not going to be shipping this month, but we'll talk about that when we get there. The first is Larry Festened in volume two and that is When to Go, And the last Winter. As I said, it was likely going to be just last month. These are from two thousand and one and two thousand and six. These are the last of his films that were shot on film, I believe, So this is likely going to be it for vinegar syndrome stuff. That's I don't think we can look forward to a volume three unless they did it on de Gousser maybe, which I wouldn't be against that. He's got some good movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've said before, Wendy Goes one of my favorite of his. I'm trying to remember if I've seen The Last Winter, might I have? Nothing's coming to mind?
Speaker 1: So Ron Pearlman Antarctica. There's a really really well shot action scene that the first and the second half of the movie is divided with a really really beautifully shot action scene. Nice. Well you don't like snow, It's true. Uh, these these releases, I think funny enough. It is within arm's length and Simner is gonna like I like Ron Jeremy too. This is I like Ron Pearlman. I thought you were trying to be funny there we make that. Let me just make sure everybody out there heard that. Uh, Pearlman's the way I like, excuse me, these releases of Festenen films. This is volume one that I'm showing right now. I really love the presentation that they're going with these. It's got a nice, like forty page book with it, It's got the two films, plenty of art in here, and these films, in my opinion, super worth the coverage. Like this. Festenen is underrated and undersung. He is one of the most I don't know, like devoted I guess or persevering filmmakers, because having so many of these be really great films and not get attention and a big break is really rough.
Speaker 2: And yeah, as you were saying, the packaging on this just lovely to compare Larry's. Remember this is the Larry Cohen.
Speaker 1: Collection, arguably with slightly more cachet.
Speaker 2: Than Larry collection. Which one are you going to get first? Get them both?
Speaker 1: But that being said, as a couple people pointed out, I wanted to talk about the art on the front here. That face on that body is clearly not necessarily attached. Yeah, so's the kid from Buried Alive. Anyways, that's Bestending Volume two, stoked on these four ks. Next the Resurrected on four K. This is from nineteen ninety one. This was also a screen Factory title at one point. It's been out of print for some time and many people bought this on second hand markets of the last year. I'm sorry on your behalf. This one kind of a bigger deal because of all of the names behind it, not to mention, you know, starring Chris Randon, which everybody stoked on. But when you the dance came out of door, I was not ready for the dance. Yeah, this this is I were a sweater into my club and I do my dance, my sand dance. What what a random tongue twister for the film they're resurrected. Oh my gosh, what a guy.
Speaker 2: Dana Bannon man, Yeah, great deal, super happy about this. I'll be I will happily sell my screen Factory edition at a loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's definitely gonna be at a loss. But this is a good looking release. Dan Obannon directs the heck out of this nice body horror movie. To rand out this month from them our our archival extras galore, tons of stuff on here, some new interviews, including a new one with Chris Randon. We also got a new interview with Kim Newman on this for twenty five minutes. Because it's Kim Newman, he's gonna talk for at least twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, half of it is him going.
Speaker 1: And then of course, uh, just lots of great stuff and it's coming on four k looks like a great release, and yeah, the cover on this looks pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: To be clear, I'm a fan of Kim Newma. It's a British thing, you know. I guess for every since they go, he's got to think that's what they do when they're thinking.
Speaker 1: Next is a Blu Ray trilogy and it is going to be called blood Stained Italy and it includes Obscene Desire, The blood Stained Lawn, and Death Falls Lightly. He's from nineteen seventy eight, nineteen seventy three, and nineteen seventy two, respectively. There's a lot to untack here. Some of these are titles that people have wanted for quite some time. The blood Stained Lawn is specifically, is one that I've seen her questioned a lot. But when we get to the extras, you start finding out what we are getting because these are really cool. So Obscene Desire, you're breaking up, dude, I am. Yeah, Well, then you talk about it for a minute. Oh well, nineteen seventy eight, nineteen seventy three, nineteen seventy two, all years were punk did no. This is exciting.
Speaker 2: I love sets like this, uh when any label does them, but Vinegar Syndrome in particular tend tends to uh get some really underseen titles into these these sets. So I'm really excited about this. I haven't seen any of these movies. I don't know anything about him other than the subscriptions.
Speaker 1: So is this yeah, yeah, So what I was gonna say, because I'm really excited that we're getting this specifically, is we've got on Obscene Desire, an interview with the daughter of the director, Julio Petroni, and the script supervisor, Sylvia Patroni. Interview with the grandson of the director, and that is Eugenio er Klani. We can interview with. Yeah, oh that's cool man, So this is a real family affair. He produced these extras for all of these. Yeah, obviously he's the right fit for this. Yeah, he's gonna crush it. And then on the other extras, we got a couple of other interviews. We got an interview with censorship expert Alessio del Rocky definitely want to check that out. Interview with Poopyavadi on Obscene Desire as well. Blood Saint Lon gets a commentary with Rachel.
Speaker 2: Wait, an Italian censorship expert.
Speaker 1: Yes, they won't let me show the TD. That's really funny, really funny. Like the t we got a couple more was on Blood and then Death Falls Lightly. We had a commentary with Eugenio himself and Troy Howarth, and then a few other interviews and even a location feature. So yeah, this looks like a really fun release. Yeah, I can't wait to see.
Speaker 2: Uh. I think Eugenio or Claude's work is awesome too, so I for.
Speaker 1: Those that don't know, he's not started to hype it up all that much. He's got a cannibal horror movie book coming out in a few months that he got all kinds of incredible people that most of us respect and adore to contribute essays to being released with Pulse, and it's sounding like it's gonna be amazing. I just talked to him about it the other day and Canada.
Speaker 2: And cruly interesting given that I've written extensively about Cannibal Awian cannibal movies. So and I'm I'm I'm not in the I'm not in.
Speaker 1: There, yeahing. Brendan says, why do you suppose this wasn't just Forgotten Jolly Volume nine? Because these aren't jolly films. That's that's the biggest reason that they're not even jolly adjacent. I would say, so, yeah, next up, this is coming from the vs L lines. This is their vs labs and that is The Strange Affair from nightineteen sixty eight. This is an early feature from David Green, combines the grit of US police dramas with English working class culture. This is newly scanned, restored in four K from the OCN. We got a commentary with Kat Ellinger. We got a featurette with words by actor Michael York. There's a making of doc that's thirty five minutes long. Interview with the actor David Glacier. I know nothing about the Strange Affair. Is this something that you're familiar with at all? No, it's strange and art by the guy watching Sam Smith. What's upset? Yeah, I'm in this. Yeah. I love these these style of covers that Sam does, really great graphic design. And I again know nothing, but this one looks and sounds great. Have you have you done much with the VSL line so far? They've kind of been an interesting one to pick and choose from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I could, i'd I'd get everything from there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's all historically interesting. I think this is definite for me. Yeah, sib says, I can't look at the actor in this movie without thinking about Austin Powers because he was in Austin Powers. Yeah, and Susan George's in this too, that's great. I can never get into Austin Powers. You know. I saw the first one back to back with Robby and Michelle's Romy and Michelle's high school reunion. Well, it's gonna get blown away by that one. But which one?
Speaker 2: You know? I heard Romy and Michelle are doing our sequel, but god, you.
Speaker 1: Know that's been rumored. Was that finally confirmed? I don't know. I mean, would it be it? I guess it will be a surprise that women get allowed to make sequels thirty years later, so I would support it for that reason. But you know, yeah, strange affair looks good. Yeah, I'm gonna get this. Next up is gang related? This is coming on Blu Ray from the Cinematograph line. This is the nineteen ninety seven film that is starting Tupac Shakur. New commentary with Jim Koof and executive producer Lynn Bigelokoof. We had a new visual interview or sorry, new video interview with Jim Kof and Lynn Bigelokoof, as well a new interview with a producer and co president of Orion, Brad Krevoy. We've got a new video interview with the executive in charge of music at Oriyon. That's Marcus Baron. The new video conference with Jonathan Abrams, author of The Come Up, An Oral History of the Rise of hip Hop, on the legacy of Tupac Shakur Archival making a feature atte trailer. New text essays by Katoya Murray, Brandon's Roicing and Travis Woods. They also when they first put this out, there was a bundle with a little compact mirror for Cinematograph and it sold out pretty much immediately. Gang related, I know you were excited about this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really glad this is coming out. I actually haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: You know, I was a big.
Speaker 2: Digital underground was like my favorite hip hop group of the time. Everybody knows the Humpty Dance, but they were way more than that. They're not like a novelty act. Shock G was the best producer. He was the heir to George Clinton, and Tupac started as a started out as a dancer for him, and his first verse was in the same song video that went with Nothing but Trouble soundtrack. And then when Tupac transitioned into his own thing, I felt like some of the fun was lost from Digil Underground. But when he started acting, I was like, well, this guy's really good. But yeah, yeah, so gang related I wanted to see and I never did, so this is I'm just yeah, I'm rambling on this.
Speaker 1: One reservoir wants to know if you're West Coast or East Coast in terms of oh hip hop. I don't.
Speaker 2: No no disrespect to the West. I'm from the East Coast, so I'm pd poblo bro like I'm North Carolina. I'm p d poblo. Wherever he goes I go.
Speaker 1: I will throw my hat slightly in the ring because I still find this hilarious. As I went to DC since I work with the federal government. In twenty twelve, for a conference and was selected to speak at the conference. And I in my speech I quoted Tupacshire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I mean Oakland. I don't know the sound of digital underground.
Speaker 1: And then in l A, you know.
Speaker 2: Nw A, doctor dre ice Cube all us. It's really good stuff. But you know, Lady of Rage is from Farmville, Virginia. Pde Pablo, North Carolina. We got some we got some good good folks down here.
Speaker 1: Too, So all right, that is gang related Blu Ray from Cinematograph. Uh. Then we've got the launch of the Pink line. This is available on the VS website and the Melusine website. And this first release is the Films of Hissya Hisseyasu Sato. I never say that first name, right. Uh. This is listed as volume one and it features the films Rewind, Lust Moored, and love Letter in the Sand from nineteen eighty seven and nineteen eighty eight. And we had some drama to talk about this one, so we'll get through that part first. This release has been delayed until October because they have to redo the packaging because the art here features scenes from a couple movies that are not included in this set. Now, I will say this is Pink films specifically are very difficult to research properly, to dive into. They've got weird franchises, they've got names and directors that sound the same. It is very much like the Italian exploitation, like grabbing onto things just for the name recognition, and sometimes it's just really hard to untangle and getting some of these designs down. There were a couple films included here that were not a part of the set. They're not even Sato films, so it's it's difficult to get that fixed. But they're recognizing that it was an error and that they want to fix it, and so I'm glad they're doing that because, oh my gosh, did fans of the Pink lines they erupted when this came out the other day. I'm just imagining the rage and anger. How dare you? Literally people very pissed off. Justin told me personally that he was receiving threats about it again in his Pink and five of the Stink. This is a big deal. So let's let's talk about this for a minute. These three films, first of all three films that's part of volume one. Volume two is also coming very soon. It is already under works. These are films that people have wanted for quite some time. Not only have they never had Blu ray releases, these have never had proper like English friendly releases for a couple of them. These are titles that people have been wanting for a long time. And just the fact that Vineger Centram is launching a pink film's line is a big, big deal. I pre ordered this with a quickness. I definitely want this to be something that does well. And lots of special features to go over for these three films, so we've got on LUs more. We get a commentary with Jasper Sharp, an interview with the director, interview with the writer, and then a locations featurette as well. There is a commentary with Simon Abrams on the second film, Rewind, there's an interview with the director, interview with an actress from this, and interview with the writer. And then Love Letter in the Sand there's a commentary with Sam Deegan, an interview with the director, and then an interview with the filmmaker Risaku Kudoshi. These are great. I'm so glad that they are putting these out, Glad that they are getting attention. Finally, pink films, will thought. Have you seen any Sato films? Have you seen many pink films.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of pink films. I haven't seen any of these, So yeah, I like you, I ordered immediately. I'm perfectly fine with waiting till October. I think this a little controversy is pretty funny, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I think it's it's funny that it's been made into such a big deal. However, it does suck to be launching a line all dedicated to a certain genre of films and to screw up the art on that very first one that is a big deal.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's a lot of things in life to be upset about. It's true, obviously this is a problem. But it's a funny problem, you know, especially you know when you think of in the context of like, you know, American distributors releasing Japanese films and not being able to tell the difference between images.
Speaker 1: From different films. You know, that's funny, that's funny. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, it sucks. It sucks for them, you know, they have to deal with the the you know, inconvenience of it and everything.
Speaker 1: But at the cost. Let's be honest, they printed.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, this is you don't get to you don't get to put this back on the printer, you know. Yeah, So that sucks for them, but to me, it's just funny. Like if I told you what happened to me yesterday, you think it was funny.
Speaker 1: But it sucked for me. I mean when you told me about it, I left.
Speaker 2: So, just just for context, yesterday, my my my wife's paycheck was about half of what was supposed to because I've made an accounting error. The air condition of my car conked out and the plumbing clogged up, and ship started shooting out of my shower drain. Now that's a bad day, right, Well, I had a bad day. I wasn't happy all day. I don't think I laughed once, But when I told you about it, that's what you did. So I look at the I look at the mix up with the artwork of the paint films, and I'm like, that's funny. But yeah, of course those guys are like, damn it, I get it.
Speaker 1: Let's be transparent. I also laughed because you were telling me all that and you were very frustrated, and I was calling to put you to work on more things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you weren't comforting at all, like you made my day. You were like, hey, you know you're in danger of an imminent heart attack when he had some stress to your life.
Speaker 1: Oh man. So yeah, I'm going to get these pink films eventually, hopefully I'll be able to watch them. The artist on this cover, by the way, we've got somebody asking who it was. It's not Hot Love. It's Luke Insect, which I believe is also the artist that did the Folk Horror box set for Severn, at least the first one. And so I don't know if they were provided images to use, if that came from VS specifically, or if they went and researched images to use themselves, but here it is. Hey.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know, when we make visual essays, we pull images from all over the place, including the Internet, and I guarant damn tea at least one of our visual essays has an image in it that's wrong.
Speaker 1: Probably, so I'm not judging anybody, yep. Next up, Uh, moving on, this is uh the Degausser releases for this month. They're putting out Battle for the Last Planet and Winter Beast on the Deluxe l ed vhs. I never have much to say about these. If you're a v VHS collector, this is pretty cool. I'm not so I don't have much a feeling, but again, that's really cool packaging that they've got light up Deluxe l ed vhs. They put all those investment into the pack well, but not the quality of the video itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I yeah, I'm not. I'm not a VHSU, but I'm glad these exists.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, all right, and yes, just like c g TV just said in the chat, if you bought that SADO set and you bought other stuff with it, they're gonna ship your other stuff first and not delay your whole that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that does not deserve death threats. I'll tell you what deserves death threats. You remember that last sale they did, and they had not the one that just happened over Labor Day, one before that, the one the month before. Yeah, you know those big wooden dividers they have, yes, the names of different labels. They had one of those, and daily deals for ten bucks. And the way it was, the way I read it was that you get the whole set for ten bucks of all different partner label names and Vinegar Syndrome. That's not so you're you're paying for one. And so when my sale order arrived, I had this one divider. Man, I would what the hell am I going to do with this? Like, I did not mean to spend ten dollars on one hunk of wood. I would never have bought dividers if they hadn't been like on sale as a group, you know what I mean? Yep, that made it so good that I had to do it. So I spent ten bucks, I got one divider, and I'm like, I'm not what am I going to do with this?
Speaker 1: And then then.
Speaker 2: The temerity, I get an email from Vinger Syndrome asking me to review my shelf divider. Now, if anything deserves death threats, it's that I got a single shelf divider when I thought I was going to get a half a dozen.
Speaker 1: Let's please cut that quote and share that everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the one you're going to quote?
Speaker 1: Cut? Yeah, No, they're great, get these whatever. And Ronnie is correct, you did need to choose which label divider you got, So I got the DeVault, the default one.
Speaker 2: Defaulted two venegar syndrome of course. So next time I take a break, I'll see if I can find it and hold it up to the camera. Yes, asked me to do a review. And you know they give you extra if you have, like a video. So oh, Craig's asked how much are they when they're not until extremely expensive. They're just they're hunks of wood with the logos and that that's cool. They look cool, but I'm not. I'm not gonna pay money for that, and unless it's a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 1: And I just went and looked at they're thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: Right, so you see why when when it was on sale for ten and I thought it was the whole set, I was like, oh, okay, I'll get.
Speaker 1: That right, that makes sense. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, nice t shirt.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Before we mentioned the T shirt, I will say they also have these standard dividers, which are like the width of ten pieces of paper. Yeah, those are those are ten dollars a piece. That's why I did it, because I thought I was getting the whole set for just ten dollars. I didn't. That's crazy. Ten dollars for one of those death threats, all right, let's go through their merch for the month. We've got this vs. Macabre montage shirt. This yep cinematograph see you at the movie shirts. This is the back of that one. We've got the back to school notebook and pen. We've got a cinematograph projected eye, heavy tote bag, and a cinematograph no limit glittered sticker. All this, and I do want to say, I do like merch like this. I'm not picking up the notebook and pen, However, I like that it's actually useful things. It's not no offense to the choices here. It's not a glitter sticker. I like that the pen and notebook is something that I can use throughout the rest of it. Yeah, that's a big deal. I like that they're doing useful merch. No bags are okay too, but I've got enough of those. All right. We will get into some of the partner labels. I have a feeling that Will is going to want to talk about some of these, so I will go kind of slow on this first one. This is from Yellow Veil Yellow Veil Pictures, and this first title is O's and Ones or Zeros and Ones from twenty eleven. I personally really love this slipcover art on this and this film here says James lives easy life two point zero, but when his computer has lost, his reality spirals down. A nihilistic adventure that questions our dependency on digital life, told entirely via apps, games, the web, and social networks making up our daily life. This has a commentary with the writer, director, the editor, an actor that's a part of this, the visual effects artists, another actor, and then the producer. There's some deleted scenes, some interviews, and then a maximalist video report of the two thousand and seven LA music scene video commentary that was on the zeros on one's website. There's a Zeros and one short film and then a feature film, Skydiver from twenty ten, and then there are four essays. New poster art on here by Victoria voon Or viewing this looks like a fun release, and I don't hate the screen life titles. I gonna be honest, I've liked some of them, Like Missing I think was pretty good. Our Searching was the first one. Searching was pretty good. Missing was okay, kind of just the same thing again. How soon before Justin gets a season desist for using Felix the Cat as a funny one. It is cute art on the notepad, says Corin. And then what it was unfrinded before unfrended? Yes, um, all right, going to the next one. This is this month's title from Connie, and that is a miko from twenty seventeen, a miko that says before Desert of Namibia Yoko Yamanaka premiered Amko described as a distant cousin of Louis Mall's Zazzie Duns Dee Metro by way of the uniquely diy spirit of the self produced film tradition. This is going to have archival Q and A with the director Q and A with the director from twenty twenty five, as well booklet with the onset photographs and writing from novelist Missouri Williams, new art from Dylan Haley and subtitles. This looks like a good one too, Connie pretty much always great, very excited to see what they put out every month. Then AGFA putting out the title with something weird called the Black Panther of Shallin and the Black Six as a double feature. These are from nineteen seventy five and nineteen seventy four, and this is the front and back of the slip cover on this one, highlighting each of the two films. I feel like this is one that Will is gonna love, so I'm gonna stop here until he gets back for sure. This is a skull smashing double feature from the AGFA Grindhouse, once lost and never legitimately released on home video. The Black Panther Shall in Aamboo Trap is a Filipino knockout that finds martial arts legends Rod Van Cleef and Leo Fong locked in Mortal Kombat with the gang of kidnappers. From there. The Black Sex, directed by Matt Simber and one of the first all black biker movies, tells the story of a motorcycle club led by NFL stars Gene Washington, Mean Joe Green, and Moore that seeks revenge against white supremacists, but the action doesn't stop there. The second disc of this bone cracking collection features all three volumes of Martial Arts Mayhem, the Beloved Eye Gouging, Gut Kicking VHS trailer compilation series from Something Weird Video that is a lot coming on here, and then there's a commentary with Chris Paggiali and Andrew Levold on The Black Panthers of shall Inn as well. Yeah, this is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and for those who might be interested, Matt Simber, of course, was the character who well, who's the real person who? Mark Moron's character in Glow was was adapted from the Matt Zimberg created Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. Ye also directed Candy Tangerine Man Hondra here into the low budget D and D movies. Yeah, so this is and you know, politically I'm aligned with this movie, these movies, so.
Speaker 1: You may not be, but.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh, a Canadian has just told me I didn't pronounce mart Maren's name appropriate correctly. What did I say? Do I say Maren? Mark Maren? I think you said a Mark Maroon, like he's cooled or something, Mark Maren? Hey, did you see his new stand up special.
Speaker 1: I've not watched it, and I've seen a couple of clips.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, pretty good.
Speaker 1: He uh he did the rounds and uh he said some some skating stuff in interviews. It was good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some of his best jokes were about like, you know, all these people were like, oh, you can't say nothing anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you're Bill Maher and he's like, yeah, you can't. Bill, Bill Mark got away with the way he's running. Not Canadian, somebody's Canadian?
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I didn't mean to. I could have sworn. Ronnie said they were Canadian?
Speaker 1: Is that not? I don't know now I'm I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to identify.
Speaker 1: The defensiveness was funny there? For ye? Well, I just made what I must have made a mistake. I thought Ronnie was living in Canada. What's up, Chris?
Speaker 2: No, this is a this isn't the one. This isn't the one you want, Chris. Listen, next week, Brian's gonna have a normal, normal collector.
Speaker 1: Next week is gonna be a normal collector. You're going to put him down. Who you got next week? Next week is gonna be a fun one. Bob mc coley from the Split Your Head podcast first time guest. Oh that guy? Yeah, yeah he's Canadian. He is Canadian? How funny is that? Ronnie says, I wish I was Canadian. I was born in Chicago. Now in Boston.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, different accents? Oh my gosh, which one do I go for?
Speaker 1: Canuck? Please? So you is Ronnie like native Chicago or Chicago. Are you like.
Speaker 2: Sassage and Vats.
Speaker 1: Or are you ready to go to Bloody Creek? Are you like bears? Is that your thing?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, you know, well, the Organic Theater Stuart Gordon. It's true, Chicago's got a lot going for Hey. You know, Chicago used to have good basketball team back in the day. I used to watch you know that that young fellow from North Carolina, Michael Jordan. People people still talk about him. People still talk about him.
Speaker 1: Oh Will all right, we're going We're going to Bloody Creek. Uh. The next title from Saturn's Core is Bloody Creek from nineteen ninety three. This is another of the Wave films. This got an audio commentary by Richard mag interview with the actor Dave CASSILIONI. We got a couple other interviews. There's thrill Kill from nineteen ninety four, a custom Wave short starring Christine Cavalier, Avn Warren and Sal Longo from Bloody Creek as well. And then there's a bonus movie, as Saturn's Core always does, we got Returned to Blood Creek director Gary Whitson's Long Gap sequel from twenty twenty two, starring Debbie d and Laura Giglio. And that's a feature film, seventy five minutes. You get a lot of stuff on these discs. Oh Man. As soon as I saw it was seventy five minutes, I put it in my cart. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, so Ronnie, oh English, but grew up in Boston. Ronnie, you get more fascinating by the week. Your taste was already good, and now your background is intriguing, and Paul's pointing.
Speaker 1: Out and doing all that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. As an Appalachian, I am like extra pissy when people do fake Southern accents. I can't do any accent, and yet I still do it and then have the temerity to get mad when you know, some English person does a Southern accent and I sound like.
Speaker 1: Rooster call him ship like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't do I can't really do any accents. But I used to do a joke about third dates in Boston, you know, because that's usually when you close the deal. Okay, you don't know what I'm talking about, Ryan, but the rest of the rest of people know I'm talking about, like you have sex on the third day.
Speaker 1: Oh that goes perfectly by d joke earlier.
Speaker 2: But but I used to do this whole thing with a with a like some guy from Boston getting it on for the first time and trying to say romantic things. They all baby, just getting the canden dover, you know that kind of thing. It's terrible because I can't do the exit at all. But like when I was a young person, I thought that was so funny.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. It was just obnoxious, Like I am, it could still be funny, but yeah, yeah, yeah, So Bloody.
Speaker 2: Craigic looks great. Seventy five minutes, and you get a second movie and do this twice.
Speaker 1: And a short film. Yeah. Next, we've got from Hope Runs High. We've got Chronicles of a Wandering Saint from twenty twenty three. This one says in a tiny Argentinian town, a pious yet competitive woman decides that staging a miracle could be her ticket to sainthood. This is supposedly generally that's how it works. Yeah, yeah, yeah, cool commentary with the filmmaker on here. There's a short film from the filmmaker as well. There's a video conference with the filmmaker and then Emily the criminal filmmaker John Patton Ford, new visual essay by Taylor A. Perde, And then there's a new essay by film critic Andrew Crump and an afterward by Taylor A. P. D As Well, Yeah, this one looked really good. Actually. Next is Canadian International Pictures putting out the fiftieth anniversary release of Cold Journey.
Speaker 2: Uh there's a guy heading towards his third date. Just just a couple of my colomers more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't change the joke, caught myself. Just a couple of kilometers longer. There. I'm gonna get lucky at night. Oh man, that was that was funny. Uh one, do you know what? Like?
Speaker 2: I take that back immediately because this movie is so serious and important and I'm sorry for what I just said.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, okay, I have officially muted Will. Fifteen year old Buckley is coming of age torn between two worlds, his stifling experience in a residential school and his hunger for the old traditions of the reserve. But when he returns to visit his family over summer break, his distance from their way of life and even the Kree language is painfully apparent. During a disastrous stint living with the white Foster family. Bucky meets Johnny. Sorry, Buckley meets Johnny, a caretaker at the school who becomes a bridge to Indigenous history and community. Despite this fleeting connection, Buckley grows increasingly disaffected, and his alienation begins to sow the seeds of personal tragedy. Newly scanner restored in two K from the thirty five millimeter interpositive by the National Film Board of Canada. New commentary with Lawrence Dunn and Kevin Howe's Producers of Creation Never Sleeps, Creation Never Dies, The Willie Dunn Anthology. New Interviews with Lawrence Dunn and Kevin Howe's new interview with film journalist Jesse Went. There's a musical short film from nineteen sixty eight, also directed by Willy Dunn. There is an Indian view of the Hudson's Bay Company called The Other Side of the Ledge from nineteen seventy two. This is a forty two minute collaborative short film directed by Martin DeFalco and Willy Dunn. There's a thirty minute film from nineteen seventy nine called Sounds from Our People Cold Journey. It's in a bridge cut of the film Mate for Kids actually there's also seven short films directed by DeFalco. There is just a lot on this release, so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ordered this one coming to the mail full two months ahead of the Pink thing.
Speaker 1: Not two months literally. Next month is October by that way.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Oh yeah, oh wow, oh man, I got an anniversary.
Speaker 1: Anyways, perfect response. Oh my yeah, this is probably my top PC announcement for the for the month. Nice, yeah, very nice. Big deal, I mean this is a big deal. Yeah yeah. Next up another big deal, Commando tally important, equally significant. I'm sorry I should have this is like, hey, hey, you know how that we just.
Speaker 2: Showed this movie about justice for indigenous people.
Speaker 1: Next up, it was too funny not to say, like that, Commando Ninja too, Invasion America. Uh. This is the title from E t r B for this month.
Speaker 2: For people who saw Killers of the Flower Moon and were like hell, yeah, wait what did I get the title right that time?
Speaker 1: You did? Good job? Yes? This well? First off, I really enjoyed Commando Ninja. I thought it was pretty funny. Did you see the runtime on this? No, this is a one hundred and fifty minutes I'm not doing that. I'm not doing that. Again.
Speaker 2: I just sat through freaking Twilight Batman mash up and I'm not doing that ever again.
Speaker 1: Oh, I couldn't even realize what you were talking about when you said Twilight Batman matchup.
Speaker 2: I just saw one hundred and fifty minutes, and all I can think of was said some of the bitch Batman.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's this. This is a long run time. And I'm not like necessarily always plaining films, but this seems very long for Ninja. Same length as Lawrence of Arabia. Lordie. Yeah, that's crazy. It's like Lawrence Arabia put it in Murga. So there's the making of on here, there's a commentary, there's some trailers, promotional stills, all that fun stuff. Command on Ninja two Invasion America.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see this, but not all at once. Okay, I'm gonna watch it, and I'm gonna watch it like a little bit at a time.
Speaker 1: All right, good choice. After etr media, We've got fire will come. This is coming from kim Stim Films. Uh, this one looks incredible. Yeah. Now there's a slipcover online up charging for him that looks good. Yeah, this this looks like a good release. Watch the trailer for this one. Everybody, Uh, it looks like pretty great filmmaking. You got Q and A with a filmmaker and Oscar nominated cinematographer Ed Lackman, and that is it on here. But man, I was all in for this one. Kimston has been doing pretty great work so far, way better than Awesome Powers. Next up is Fraud, another one that actually looks pretty intriguing. This one is coming from Memory this month, and Fraud is from twenty sixteen. This says a family's home movies document a desperate crime spree and a bid to outrun the consequences or do they? In this metafiction thriller and average families YouTube videos have been edited to resemble something quite different, an extraordinary feat of editing, a provocative parable of the pursuit of happiness, and a disturbing demonstration of the mutability of the stories that we share in the Internet age. Fraud defies simplistic definition. I got a handful of extras on here, anatomy of a scene Q and A with a director, some deleted scenes Q and A with subjects. Fraud is this one that has going on your list?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on which Families YouTube. I mean, is this a re editor of Ryan's World?
Speaker 1: Uh? They're just unboxing toys to find out who the killer is.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that the plot of some the Donny Darko guys movie with the not south Land Tails but the other one.
Speaker 1: Northland sales? No, no, no, You get a box and you open it, you make a wish for something. Isn't that called the box? But not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is called the Box the Donny Darker guy.
Speaker 1: I think so is it like this? So?
Speaker 2: I don't know from the description, I'm not sure what I'm am. I looking at people's YouTube videos re edited, I kind of think, so, well, that actually could be interesting. I just don't know if it will be.
Speaker 1: Did I just say it is hilarious that twice tonight you've been describing a film and said the name of the film the description and could not think of the film. I'm stressed out. It's the stands. What's that song?
Speaker 2: Let's not imagine dragons, it's the other one, the King the White Emo Rapper.
Speaker 1: It was like twenty nine pilots or yeah, that's one pilots. The song about being stressed out and making candles out of your brother. I love that you said the white Emo Rapper. It worked and it got it. Oh man, Yeah, all right. Next up is from if or Sorry not IFC Film Movement on this one, and it is I Am Not a Witch. This is from twenty seventeen. And this is another one that looks incredible. This says in her back Too. Award debut feature Ranganononi Crafts a satiric feminist fairy tale set in present day Zambia. When nine year old orphan Shula is accused of witchcraft. She is exiled to a witch camp run by mister Banda, a corrupt and at government official. The rest of this it sounds great, very very excited to check this one out. Is this one that you're picking up? I know that you've liked Film Movement a lot. Yeah. We had a commentary on here with the director, actress and associate producer. There's an interview with the director. Also a short film on here, plus a sixteen page booklet. Yeah, this is this felt like a must this month for me. Next one from phil Movement is Sea Fog from twenty fourteen. This one is written and produced by Bong June Hoe. That got me excited about this, but also the trailer. Watched the trailer for this movie. This thing looks really great. This is a South Korean film. It's got cast and crew interviews. The making of any sixteen page booklet with an essay by Brian Talerico. Yeah, another one that I was like, well, I have to get that now, Fog. I like it. That's it, Fog. Next one from Field Movement, who is literally doing like three titles a month every month now is the third Wife from twenty eighteen. This one is saying. In late nineteenth century Vietnam, fourteen year old May becomes the third wife to a wealthy landowner. She quickly learns that she can gain status and security if she gives birth to a male child, but her burgeoning attraction to Juan, the second wife, puts her fragile standing in jeopardy. As May observes the unfolding tragedy of forbidden love and it's devastating consequences, she must make a choice to either carry or in silence or sorry, carry on in silence or four j path towards personal freedom. Yeah it sounds interesting, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: I don't really conceptually understand getting married the third time, but I guess if you're benefiting like patriarchal structures, though it makes more.
Speaker 1: Sense for Will's benefit. There is a between Shadow and Soul alternative silent version of the film. There's a commentary with the director that me is the wives don't talk. That's what that is. That was the joke. Yes, there's also a commentary on here as well. There's a there's an interview with the director of then a short film called Grasshopper by the director as well, plus a sixteen page booklet with writing by Beatrice Loyza. Uh Oh.
Speaker 2: Ronnie says that yeah, that doesn't I'm good, I'm not familiar. So can anyone educate me about the controversy regarding the age of the actress?
Speaker 1: Is there nudity as well?
Speaker 2: This Romeo and Juliet situation? The Italian censor is like, not a gain.
Speaker 1: Why are you showing the don't make jokes about underage actors? Jesus man. First, I didn't. I didn't get anywhere near the line that you crossed. It's nowhere near. I said, not to gain.
Speaker 2: You took it into specifics. Thank you Craig for redirecting us where we should be going. That is a beautiful cover.
Speaker 1: Yes, The lead was thirteen or fourteen and involved in section Jesus Christ. Nope, No, going to the next title. All right, Oh, here we go again. I don't know what's this from Utopia? I Love You from for Sorry, I Love You Forever from twenty twenty four. Oh no, Craig was talking about that. Let me. I just want to make sure we absolve Craig from Craig was talking about sea fog. Craig, we agree on sea fog. The fog is eternal. Al right, I Love You Forever from twenty twenty four, says Mackenzie is a disillusion to you Forever, starting at age eighteen. Uh, Mackenzie is a disillusion twenty five twenty five year old law student whose love life consists of noncommittal hookups and situationships from hell. When she has a real life meet cute with Finn, a handsome and charming journalist who isn't afraid to show affection, she sharts, She sharks, she starts, She starts to believe true love may actually exist. When Finn's dark side begins to emerge, and Mackenzie finds herself trapped in a tumultuous and depleting cycle of emotional abuse and must confront whether her true love is too good to be true after all.
Speaker 4: Kay, I'm gonna have a cardiac of hint. Okay, all right, she doesn't seem happy at all.
Speaker 1: I love how Wave is asking are you both high tonight? I've never been high once in my life. I'm not high. I'm just I'm just anxious, undiagnosed and unprescribed mental illnesses. I just know I've kept it together so long, and it's just what for so extras on I Love you forever. There's behind the scenes Steells gallery of trailer Q and a audience interview and reactions in a post NYC screening, deleted scene and outtakes. I gotta tell you, man, when when it comes to being a you can't. You don't.
Speaker 2: Nobody gets to choose who they are, you know, And sometimes I don't like it when we when we say, oh, NEPO babies, because like there's that's not their fault. You know, it really depends on how they use their privilege and whether or not they acknowledge it. You know, Like when Ben Siller was all like, I got into this because I worked really hard and I'm talented and it's like, yeah, you did work really hard and you're talented and that's why you stayed right like you But but you've got your foot in the door because of your parents. Just that's okay, just say that it's family business whatever. Like if you sucked Ben Siller, you wouldn't have a huge career. Yeah, Ben still is directed. I mean, Cable Guy's a classic tropic Thunder's really good. Reality Bites is a touchstowne of the of the decade. So obviously being an Epple baby is not all you are, Okay, Cassie David, right, Larry David's daughter.
Speaker 1: I see, I didn't know that that's who you were getting it because also Ray Nicholson stars in this right, and I just talked about joy Ride right right? And then is Sophia black Dalia? Is that Krystalia's daughter? I don't know that name.
Speaker 2: It might be his girlfriend. I don't Oh God, that was good.
Speaker 1: Is that the right guy? I think? So?
Speaker 2: I guess what I want to I want to quote America's dad. Uh yeah, who's that guy from.
Speaker 1: Jesus?
Speaker 2: I forgot America's dead top eggs And I just want to say to Kassie earn this, earn.
Speaker 1: This all right? Well, now let's go to The Painted Bird. Uh from IFC. The Painted Bird from twenty nineteen, based on the acclaim Jersey Kazinski novel, The Painted Bird is a meticulous, thirty five millimeters black and white evocation of why primitive Eastern Europe at the bloody close of World War Two. Uh, thank you, Ronnie. I didn't think, Ronnie says Sophia Black Deeley is not a NEPO baby and not related to that creep good. That's really on you, Ryan. You should apologize. I know I asked. I didn't say she was, I said, is she's in a film of Nepo babies? It was possible one? Two? Thank you for anyway. My point is.
Speaker 2: I'm not against neo babies and principle, you don't get to choice choose how you're poring, but you do choose how you act.
Speaker 1: Anyways, The Painted Bird, I've heard the beautiful cover, it is truly great at I've heard that this is a harrowing movie. I've also heard that there's some actual animal abuse in this one. So just to heads up, I'm guessing two disc sets. This is going to have eleven Colors of the Bird feature a sorry, let me try it, you know? Eleven Colors of the Bird feature length making of documentary, New audio commentary with the writer and researcher Jonathan Owen, New visual interview with why Don't Keep Saying? Visual interview, new video interview with the director. And then there is a couple other pieces on that. There is Rengifo and Sebastian Crosco of the Breaking the One Ad podcast that's where that interview comes from. New visual essay by Salvador Crossco, as well book a new writing by Anton Battel. I heard this is amazing but very difficult to watch. So they kill birds or I have not seen this, Tony has what what is the animal violence in this? Tony? I would love to find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you something I hate about rich people. I happen to know some folks who go do go to like Africa hu and do bird hunting or whatever. Remember when Dick Cheney shot that guy in the face. I do, right, they were going bird hunting, right. I can't I don't know what kind of birds they're killing them, but they're like they go hunting. Well, what they actually do is they get They have shotguns, right, so you can't miss, and they keep the birds. They have employees they are to keep the birds like under nets all night long and then let them out, so they're all disoriented and flying up and everything, and they can't they can't take a base of maneuvers, and then the rich people shoot them. And it's so I find that so illustrative of what they're like as a species. Rich people, right, like like, oh, look I shot that, and it's like, well, what else happened to enable you to do it?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Is that what's happening in this movie? What's happening?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but I do know that Wave was going to ask was it Quail? And the first thing I want to say is, no, Dick Cheney did not shoot Dan Quail.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's probably Quail. Or no, Actually I think my cousin shot Duves. Isn't that like sacrilegious?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, it's definitely not peaceful. And yeah, the gun skill literally does not matter. I mean, it's they're shooting with shotguns exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly in Dick Cheney's case, that's some bitch. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: That war criminal Dick Cheney. Oh man, you know when Kablo brought that motherfucker on stage. I was like, please, baby, no, don't do it. And she did it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, damn it. This movie, though sounds like it's a controversial situation, but that slipcover looks beautiful.
Speaker 1: Tony confirms there is birt violence.
Speaker 2: Ah, you know, I can't make any you know, I've got like three different editions of Cannibal Holocaust, so I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't take a moral stand. So our next title is from Bleeding School and it is the Fantasma Tapes. This is a twenty twenty five compilation that we're gonna talk about. But first they had a bundle with a cassette tape that you could buy for this one that sold out pretty much immediately, just like the slipcover. As a hold it. The Bleeding School releases, they need to put out more than a thousand slipcovers. Diabolic DVD even commented on one of the I think Bleeding School shared it, and Jesse was even like, hey, you guys need to do more than a thousand. I only got two. That is so fast to sell me more like bleeding wallets. So this one says, welcome to the nineteen eighties TV horror show that never was. Fantasma Tapes is a psychotronic VHS mixtape that reimagines the Revenge of Doctor X, a Japan set creature feature that was written by Ed Wood and The Brain that Wouldn't Die, the Savage Body horror film that inspired Franken Hooker as a late night home taped double feature complete with local TV commercials and a new synthesizer score with local or Sorry from Taken by Savages who also did Jungle Trap that AGFO put out, and then inspired by hazy memories of channel surfing at the Witching Hour. This is a nostalgic and experimental art project from the minds behind Bleeding Skull. It's kind of.
Speaker 2: Weird that there's this whole new economy of nostalgia for that time when you were.
Speaker 1: High, You know what I mean? Yes? I mean actually maybe no, I don't because I've never been high, But conceptually yes, yeah, I have concepts of a high.
Speaker 2: Yes, like when are you flip and channels at two am? Right, there's only two reasons you're high or you're anxious. It's true either way. It seems like a great pighut.
Speaker 1: This has a commentary on it, which stuff like this usually doesn't. Anti Choi and Joseph A Ziemba from Leading School to do a commentary on the mixtape that they made. Here. There is an uncut VHS preservation of the range of a Revenge of Doctor X. There is the Max Headroom Pirate Incidents, a seven minute short on this from twenty twenty five. There's also a couple other shorts that they found. One that's only two minutes long, one that's eight minutes long. Yeah. This looks like a great release. The standard is out there, not going to go out of print anytime soon.
Speaker 2: I love these, you know, totally in the tradition of negative land and throbbing Gristle.
Speaker 1: And all the something weird stuff. Yeah, yeah, that's so cool. Next up, another one that did pretty well this month, Brainstorm Media putting out Psychotherapy, the tale of a writer who decided to write about a serial killer. This is starring some names. We got Steve A. Shemi in this one. We've got John mcgaro, who I have absolutely appreciated. He's one of my favorite films from this year. This one looks and sounds pretty good. It's got a behind the scenes featurette, but that is it as far as extras. I don't think I have anything from Brainstorm Media yet, but this is a possibility.
Speaker 2: For me, So as far as Brainstorm Media goes, that's what they want to give me.
Speaker 1: Psychotherapy may next up Cinophobia putting out rent Free from twenty twenty four. This one sounds rather interesting, actually, It says best friends in childhood. Ben and Jordan are two young men living in a rapidly changing Austin where they navigate low paying jobs, fraught relationships, and their own emotionally codependent friendship. When they suddenly lose their apartment, they come up with a last ditch plan to spend the rest of the year rent free. They set out on a tragic comic journey across the couches, floors, and guest rooms of their friends while desperately trying to save up enough money to lead behind a city they no longer recognize and flee for the promised land of New York City. This is made with a satirical bent and an ensemble cast. Rent Free is a high anxiety comedy about a generation on the edge, as well as a poignant exploration of Male Friendship and a City in Flux. We got a commentary with the director on here and the lead actor, and then surprise guests from the cast and crew behind the scenes montage. There's a short film called Knowing Me, Knowing You, written and directed by Fernando Ondres, Jacob Roberts and Tyler Rue. Yeah rent Free. So they both go on kill Tony or I mean that sounds like the goal at least that's sad okay, looks so like something I probably will see at some point. Next is from shutter Sorry about the Demon from twenty twenty two. I have not seen this one because I have not had Shutdar for a while. Have you have you seen this one? You don't have shutter I do not have Shutterar. I haven't watched this or your login for shutter.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna say it on air. Do you want the log in? I'll give it to you.
Speaker 1: No. I put this in my queue when I saw the announcement. I haven't watched it yet, but I will. This is yet another title this month that had a cassette bundle that you could buy that sold out about twelve seconds after it went on seal.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, like, you know, hey, cassette tapes for My Life, the mixtape, my culture. Who's got cassette players? I have some cassettes. I got all these from Terror Vision, all these gym on Norsky things, Uh soundtracks. I can't play them. They're just for decoration. Who's got a cassette player?
Speaker 1: It's a good question. Where do you get this from? eBay? Thrist stores, thrift stores? I just like it. It sounds like daily question.
Speaker 2: Give me a digital download and a CD, and I know Brad Henderson says that nobody buys CDs.
Speaker 1: I buy CDs. They're putting out CDs that like Patriworck has a CD this week. Oh okay, well news to me. I said that earlier. I don't like when I when you talk, I don't. I just I understand.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what do I need to get to the store to mine?
Speaker 1: When you talk? I just cringed. So I get it when I talk.
Speaker 2: Somehow, it's like everybody's all offended just because I'm culturally illiterate and offense of Yeah, Ronnie, I still buy CDs.
Speaker 1: Too good for you. I'm glad. I'm glad. I'm glad. They don't have the internet in Boston.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a big Boston Celtics fan, and not because Boston's a racist city, but because and not even I'm not even I'm not like a Larry Bird era fan. I'm like Raon Rondo to Marcus, that's his name, that's his name. Listen to Rondo say his own name, and you will hear how it is supposed to sound. Anyway, Boston is such a weird and strange place. You know, I'm reading this great book about revolutionary war and man the ship that went down.
Speaker 1: Anyway? Oh man, hey, you know what.
Speaker 2: I didn't even say this, but he just popped into the.
Speaker 1: Chat.
Speaker 2: I had the great pleasure of meeting Robert Hubbard, who is a filmmaker and a viewer of Reconnected, and he happened to be working on a film that was shooting in North Carolina and he and I, he and I got to go to the Kerry Theater to see A Day of the Dead together and Robert's he was a really charming and fun guy. We had to I'll next next time, I'll throw up some pictures for you to to share. We took a couple of photos at the theater, and I mean, what a great way to meet somebody for the first time. It's like, hey, how do you do money? And is such and such. Let's go watch David Dead, you know, and we have to sit down and just uh laugh together and and and uh gosh, that movie is what everybody yells, like every line in that movie has yelled. So it was nice to like share the experience with somebody. Yeah, Robert, great guy. Uh, looking forward to to talking with him again. I'll share with you next time. We'll link to to Robert. Robert does a lot of great He's got blog and does movie reviews and stuff. So I'll hope you guys up with some links. But sorry about the demon. I mean, you know, it seems like an appropriate sentiment.
Speaker 1: When that happens.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what else I watched?
Speaker 1: I forgot to do this. This is funny. You know the guy.
Speaker 2: Mike Flanagan. I've heard of him, so students keep telling me I love Mike Flanagan, this and that and so. Another movie I watched this month was the sequel to Wija.
Speaker 1: What's it called Wija colon Origin of Evil?
Speaker 2: I think Origin of Evil? And uh, I watched it and I was like, ah, you know, that's all right. Yeah, and then I'd go to put it in my list of movies I've seen before, and it was already there. So I had seen Wija Origin of Evil before and remembered nothing about it.
Speaker 1: So what is that? I don't know? What does I tell you? I tried to be a prepared host. I did not plan on this, but I just did this quickly. I believe this is a picture of Robert Hubbard.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, sure. I hope Robert's cool with that.
Speaker 1: You said you already share the picture, So that's a picture from the night. We're gonna ask him first, But okay, Robert, he's over in Topeka. If you're ever in the Kansas city here, let me know. We'll hang out. Yeah, dude, he was great. Sorry about the demon. This has a new audio commentary with Emily Haggins and the actor John Michael Simpson deleted season. Why the Scenes Gallery a book of you writing by Ambertee. Yeah. I wanted to finish it because we've been stuck in there, all right.
Speaker 2: That is that double one condre.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, next from a brand new OCN partner label because we did not have enough Several Futures is the name of this partner label, and they are putting out Layla and the Wolves from nineteen eighty four. This one. Gonna say a few things about this one. First, a rundown of the label. It says. Several Futures is an independent film distributor with they focus on a tourist and anti imperialist work. The label was founded in twenty twenty two by filmmaker and programmer Graham L. Carter in the hopes of bringing films to North America that might otherwise not be released. My loyalty is always with the oppressed, is the quote that they are running with here, and this film itself says, drawing on the Arab heritage of the Arabian Nights, Laila and the Wolves combines fictional drama, archival footage, fantasy sequences, mosaic pattern to refute the colonial and male dominated version of history. Layla travels across time and space to explore the collective memory. Just to make clear, a tourism is like one hundred percent patriarchal male domination, but go ahead. Layla travels across time and space to explore the collective memory of sorry Arab women in Palestine and Lebanon and their hidden role in historical events. Just In Liberty from Ocena is saying, this is the most important film Ocen is releasing this month and possibly this year. So this is one that sounds very intriguing. Curious to see what other films this label is gonna put out stuff that might not have been released. Is always an exciting venture to see this coming from nineteen eighty four. Yeah, sounds great. We're gonna interview with the director and then there is a trailer on this one. I've never seen Leila and the Wolves. Is this something you've seen? Oh?
Speaker 2: Orderimately, also I recognize I just and actuallyad this movie. But tourism seriously, Yeah, no, this is I agree with Justin. This is pretty important wherever you happen to stand politically.
Speaker 1: Well, it is three hours and ten minutes into this we staw have forty eight announcements. That's You're the you. This is your show. I know it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I was just pointing out a fact. It's just funny to me. Let's let's keep going. Uh. The movie the male You scene side this month is from Command Cinema. This is Star Angel from nineteen eighty six, Roddy was speaking up and saying, we're still on Monday. Right as I said that that was perfect. Uh, this one is reason free four K scanner restoration from the best surviving film elements. I to me, the command cinema stuff for some reason doesn't ever work all that well. But uh, yeah, what do you mean, Ryan, I just as appreciating them as for what they are. They're they're almost like too well made.
Speaker 2: Maybe well, this one stars Angel and she's well named, and I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Reservoir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree that the last the last stage of feminism is when you can your asshole, you're being an asshole, and and it not be You're not an asshole because you're a woman.
Speaker 1: You're an asshole because you're you in spite of That's the the ultimate goal of feminism is when we can get to that point. But as far as this porno goes, I will say thanks to the graphic designer for making the nipple just at a frame so I didn't have to edit this one.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you know that's that's Angel. She's uh, there's a reason she's a venerated.
Speaker 1: In the air.
Speaker 2: She's she's she's a you know. Yeah, great t shirt. Let's talk about the T shirt.
Speaker 1: No, you see it also released a shirt this month. It's three quarters sleep jersey shirt. This square. I like it. I like a T shirt that covers three quarters of the body. God damn it.
Speaker 2: I think I think as a as a dad of of girls.
Speaker 1: I like a I like a good.
Speaker 2: I like a good you know, seven coverage shirt from a porno company.
Speaker 1: I just love the tagline. I like your shirt that covers a lot of the arm. Not the half of the arm or all of the arm, just a lot of the arm. Uh. Moving On October sixth, the UK is getting their first four K release of Hereditary Gets a four K steel book from Entertainment and Video. No new extras on this, but you can pick this up over in the UK, over in the US as well from some of the retailers. I've had this steel book before it was released as a Blu ray steel book. Beautiful steel book. I'm gonna be honest. The debossing on this is or the m bossing on this is great, really really pretty. Love the movie four K. This is the first four K release over in the UK. We just talked about Shutter. Let's spend some moments on Shutter again. November eleventh, It's gonna be a big day for Shutter. First, they're releasing a tenth anniversary Collector's Edition box set. These are ten blu rays of ten of some of their most iconic films. In this, We've got Terrified, The Mortuary Collection, The Dark and the Wicked Host, Mad God VHS ninety four, caveat Skin, a Marink, Late Night with the Devil, and then In a Violent Nature. Oh wow, this is a pretty cool box set for Shutter. I'm glad they're doing this. I think most fans of Shutter are probably gonna have more than half of these, so it might be a little bit of a I couldn't really buy this if I wanted to, but this is a cool idea. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I saw this announcement, actually I thought it was like a documentary of something.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What a variety. Yeah, A couple that I would say are truly great films in this, some that are very good, a couple that I don't love, but some other people seem to love genuinely. All across the spectrum. The only thing that's kind of weird is their first few years aren't really recognized much here. I think there's a couple that they could have put from back in the day that were like Shutter exclusives or Shutter originals that could have done well, but otherwise pretty good. I think the Mortuary collection is underappreciated here. No Sparatu, yeah that show they did with the Oh Zachary Kinto, Yeah, no shows in here, but a show from Shutter Creep Show getting a box set. They just announced that it's canceled and uh, you did transition, congratulations. Yes, this covers all four seasons of Creep Show, and it's got all the same discs that were the previous releases, and then they've also got a comic art booklet in a pretty decent looking box set from from Shutter. H This will end up being around fifty five ish dollars at retail. That's not a terrible price for all of this that you're getting. That's that's kind of cool. Yeah, did you watch any of the Creep Show show?
Speaker 2: I am halfway through season one, which is legit. I'm I'm I'm working on it.
Speaker 1: It's all right, it's uh yeah, it's not the best, but it's it's Okay.
Speaker 2: It's not for you know, I don't really I don't really binge watch TV like I'll watch an episode a month of shows that I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: So but anyway, well for sharing that, I today.
Speaker 2: Except for a binge, watched King of the Hill. Did that in like four days.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense. That was compelling for that story. I'll say thank you very much and we'll talk about thank you very much. Coming on December sixteenth, there is a blu ray from draft House Films coming. This is a a piece about Andy Coffin's provocative comedy, which often outraged audience has, challenging them to confront their own presumptions. Through never before seen footage and intimate recollections, Filmmaker Alex Braberman explores Coffin's brief button pactful life and career as the lines between performance and reality blur in our present age, Coffmin's genius resonates more than ever I've heard. This is a really really great one. Actually, I've been wanting to check us out, and I'm glad that draft House is putting out a blue ray of it.
Speaker 2: You're not going to believe this, But two things I'll share about myself as a person. When I was a late teenager, early early twenties person, I was obsessed with Andy Kaufman. I'm so shocked. And again you're not gonna believe this. A lot of people did not like me. The connection between those two things is profound.
Speaker 1: I'm so not surprised.
Speaker 2: I was a walking Tony Clifton. Yeah, yeah, I was a dick, but like you know, well it's pretty much the same.
Speaker 1: Hey, next up. I talked about this movie earlier, so I won't say much, but they're put You had a four K blu ray and DVD in the US from Sony on November eleventh for COT Stealing. No news on the extras yet, but I'm so glad this is getting a four K release. Great looking movie, really well shot. This will do well. It's like Guardians of the Gay Club. What in the world that even the cover art? I'm for it. Oh God, let's go over the UK again. October twenty seventh, second run putting out Manthon from nineteen seventy six. This is done by one of India's most venerated filmmakers, Shyam Benegal, whose early films were iconic in India's parallel cinema movement. This tells the story of the extraordinary dairy cooperative movement in the transformed India from a milk deficient nation to the world's largest milk producer. The movement broke the shackles of economic inequality and cast discrimination whilst empowering the farmers. Manton was integral to spreading the message of the benefits of the cooperation to the farmers across the country and thus became a vital part of building that movement. This is going to have a new four K restoration by the Film Heritage Foundation. There's a film on the history and restoration of the film, including footage from the twenty twenty four Indian premiere and an interview with the late director Shyam Benegal. There is a piece on it playing at cann in twenty twenty four. Then a book of new writing by Omar Ahmed, who was interviewed on this channel recently, and then Shavendra Singh Dungerpore and the director Shyam Benegal on the film and the restoration. I love that second one. Been doing some more Indian film releases. I definitely want to check this one out. Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like we should send this to Robert Kennedy. Yeah, okay, yeah, let's make fun of his disability.
Speaker 1: Ryan, that's just the brainworm speaking that guy.
Speaker 2: Oh he's something. But you know, milk so weird.
Speaker 1: Have you ever?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, have you ever milked a cow before?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes I have.
Speaker 2: Well, then you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: It's not easy either, it is. It's way more weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's they're engorged teats because they've recently had.
Speaker 1: Children. I went to a dairy farm with cup scouts so that we could practice milking and learn about the farm and all that stuff. And we just happened to be there while one of the cows was giving birth. And oh man, that was the traumatizing trip for that entire cup scat troupe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a weird way learn about intercourse. Let me tell you, Uh, raw milk is not something to fuck with. No, you know, these these these people that do the raw milk stuff, I think they're mistaken.
Speaker 1: It'll it'll make your make your life flash just past your eyes. Go to the next movie. I'm done with you. Go on. Oh yeah, let's talk about let's talk about Tarantino. October twentieth, there's a four K Steel book coming from Lions Gates of Reservoir Dog speaking of a tours. Hey, you know what speaking of Scott Spiegel, because it was. If it wasn't for Scott Spiegel, this movie would never have been made. He's the one who introduced uh Lawrence Bender and uh Tarantino. They lived together in a rental and Uh.
Speaker 2: The story is, Spiegel got those two guys together, and that's how Reservoir Dogs got made. All right, that's that's your response. Yeah, wow, oh, I say you're obsessed with your little little joke.
Speaker 1: No, I was tyving that before you start to tell the story. It takes forever. It was a great pun.
Speaker 2: My point is the timing of the release of the Steel Book with the passing of Scott Spiegel, we should recognize that.
Speaker 1: We absolutely should.
Speaker 2: In addition to his own film work, he actually enabled what like would we would you even have this show if it wasn't for Quentin Tarantina. Seriously, I hate his movies.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's a great.
Speaker 1: Guy at the video story idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, No, his championing of exploitation movies, cult films, et cetera. Uh directly led to to their financial viability on home video.
Speaker 1: You know we.
Speaker 2: And let me be clear, Like I have said this before, I actively despised Tarantino's movies, but I am so grateful to to his existence.
Speaker 1: Reservoir Dogs. I just rewatched this. I talked about this a couple of months ago. It was I liked it less than I than I used to. Watching it again, it was like, so Stagy, you know, great soundtrack and rest in peace Michael Madison, but I'm not a fan. I understand. Yeah, I mean, we got left. Tell me how much I need to speed it up? Like forty for real? When I said forty eight, I counted that was actually forty eight. Wow. Okay, these next two, we'll go through these real quick because nobody has seen these. Sure, let's get this guy out here. September twelfth, there are blu rays coming from Bizarre Theater releasing of Tinseltown Blues from twenty twenty one. There's an uncut version of the film, a thirty minute making of doc on here. Bizarre Theater is like an underground extreme type of label, so you'll understand what you're getting into there. But the one that's a little more exciting is Septic, also coming on the same day. This is from twenty twenty two and this one, this one is directed by Brian Poulin, director that people actually may know. This is limited to only three hundred copies, so if you want to get in on it. It's in the original four to three aspect ratio, fully uncut and uncensored. Okay, okay, let's speaking of the home video life Roaring back to Life. Anchor Bay releasing Mutant Swinger from Mars on December sixteenth on Blu Ray in the US. This synopsis is wild. Check it out. This is a weird sounding one for sure. I don't have much to say about this by Corinne. Sorry so late.
Speaker 2: The audience is dropping like fly dude.
Speaker 1: This is where Anchor Bay takes an interesting turn this week. So on December sixteenth, they're also releasing Beast Wishes The Fantastic World of Bob and Kathy Burns from twenty twelve. Now, there is a piece of art if you go look up on Amazon right now or on the MV website, there's a piece of art for this film that is really terribly generative. AI, it's not good. In fact, it's really bad. Anchor Bay came out and said, hey, people called us out for this, and we're going to be changing the art. But there's more to come on that saga because they also did it for another title and they actually DMed me. So we'll talk about that in a few minutes when we get to that one. Speaking of Milk movie on October thirteenth, is reet.
Speaker 2: That's the last thing you want to happen to your raw milk.
Speaker 1: Oh Man. I've heard this one is good. I have not seen this, but I'm glad it's getting a release, although movie is embroiled in controversy right now as well. So hook for for having investors that are investing in other things that are not great.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want to get in trouble or anything, but like if somebody gives you money and you take it, and then some that same person gives money to somebody else and you're like, well, I don't like them, do you really have to give them your money back?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, not to invoke Epstein, but.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, like if a look I don't want to say anybody specific, but let let's say a neo Nazi who also collected physical media, was like, you know what, I'm going to donate a million dollars to a physical media store, right and the store was like, oh, sweet, million dollars, we can stay open for ten years. Thanks. Eight off, you know. And then and then they find and then like six months later they find out, oh that's why you're named eight All. Do they have to like give up their dreams? Can you take up? Can What I'm asking is can you take Can you take something from a bad source and do something good with it? That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 1: I understand. I'm just saying, what's happening in the zeitgeist? Well, I don't, I don't. I don't speak, you don't speak. And it's three and a half hours into this.
Speaker 2: I don't speak any languages. I do we talk about hot milk?
Speaker 1: Do we give it it's due? I don't know. I'll read this synopsis, I guess it, says the directorial debut from award winning screenwriter Rebecca Linkowitz, Hot Wilt Sorry, Hot Milk is an intimate exploration of self discovery, desire, and the complex bonds that shape us. Set against the sun directed Spanish coast, a young woman discovers that the people in her life, her ailing mother and a mysterious lover, may not be exactly who she thought they were. Secrets, lies, and revelations lead her to doors that might be best left unopened. Based on the acclaimed novel by Debrah Levy and featuring compelling performances from Emma Emma Mackie, Fiona Shaw and Vicki Creeps, this is a vivid and evocative look at liberation and longing. Well this sounds whether or not I like it? I should, I should get it? Can I just say it is really funny. On a night that you man explained female auturist theory, you also said thank you, Adolph, I didn't all right, right man? Tonight you also called Ronnie a Canuck. So you're just labeling all of the things that.
Speaker 2: Are Ronnie forgave me. I I apologized.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next, let's talk about dark.
Speaker 2: All of this is your fall.
Speaker 1: That's my fat. All right, We'll have somebody else on the first weekend next month. Uh now available on Blu Ray that we would get so less, so many less viewers. Jerry he says the whole time, like what should I buy? What should I When Jerry listens to this in three weeks, he's gonna be pissed. I love that, dude. It Okay, dark Rift Horror over in the right over in the UK is a label that I'd never heard of.
Speaker 2: But you know what that's That's another point. You just assume being called a Canadian is offensive.
Speaker 1: I said the word offensive. Well, I framed it as an implication. Yes, on purpose. Those fires of Will's got gas like me, Gavin, I had never heard of dark Rift Horror, but they are a UK label. Some stuff out that I know of. One of these movies I didn't know there was a trilogy here. How to Kill Monsters is this first one? This is a limited edition.
Speaker 2: If that's a trilogy, then they're a fraud. If you know how to Kill Monsters, that's one movie.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the last one.
Speaker 2: The first two mistakes we made.
Speaker 1: One of them is called Book of Monsters. So yeah, they opened the book. Oh okay, okay, uh. If your first movie is How You Kill Monsters, your third movie should be sorry about that. Okay, So this is a little legit continue. There are commentaries making of lots of stuff on here. You can pick this up in a bundle. They also have I Am Monsters, which the way that I'm reading it is a documentary on what does the guy's name? Here? Nicholas Vince, one of the UK shining beacons in the queer horror scene, most well known as the Chatterer in hell Raiser and Kinsky in the cult shocker Night Breed. Vincetu to the station twenty nineteen with his autobiographical one man show I Am Monsters, both a resoundingly nostalgic and relatable tale of growing up in love with horror and an essential discourse on the turmoil of growing up gay under draconian that Cherian rule where the closet was always safest. This movie adaptation had its world premiere at FrightFest and twenty twenty three got a bunch of exters on here. We've got four short films by Vince as well. There's a conversation with Dominic Brunt trailer and you can get these autographed as well from their site. And then they also have zomblog Ellipse. This is from twenty twenty two, not related to the other ones. I was just talking about the other ones have been available for a while. This one has got five hundred copies of this press. This one is a BDR also not a pressed Blu ray, but all these available now from dark Rift Horror in the UK. Hey, let's talk about Jade. Imprint is gonna think about hell Raiser and gay stuff. No, we all know what you think about gay stuff. Did you want to talk about hell Raiser? Yeah? I love it? Is that hell Raiser or the gay stuff? Uh? Inseparable? Uh?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to make a chatter or joke.
Speaker 1: Well you just did it, kind of did that? Looks fascinating. I'm excited about that. Okay, let's talk about.
Speaker 2: Jade in a weird sex stuff.
Speaker 1: Jade is the first announcement from Imprint this week. They are announcing four four K titles, one each night, and they're all going to be on sale for pre order tonight. Jade is from nineteen ninety five, just previously released by Vinegar Syndrome late last year. I think or was that in me? I don't remember one of the two. This is a limited edition for box set in one of their big hard boxes. It's got a hardback booklet as well, it's gonna be a three disc release. We've got a four K disc and then a Blu Ray disc and then another Blu Ray disc. The third disc is the documentary The Kid Stays in the Picture from two thousand and two. This is an interesting choice. This is a documentary about the legendary producer from Paramount that produced Jade, and that's kind of the only connection to the film. But either way, the documentary is supposedly pretty good. I've missed it unfortunately, but we do have some extras on here that are brand new on on top of the VS release, we got a new commentary by William Bibiani, Aggie Hess and Darren Navarro. We've got a new visual essay by Chris O'Neill, new interview with Darren Navarro, and some other stuff that are not listed here because some of those are ones that one's Favorite Productions is producing the special features for. We're also got some stuff that has not been listed yet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, first of all, you need to say Robert everth is his name. I mean the Kids Stays. I love the fact that it's partially obscured The Kids Stays in the What I mean, Robert evans Man significant, this might this might be my This might be the most ned William Freakan movie. It could be my favorite car chase of Freaking's career. I actually I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: I really like Jade. It got it bombed, It got horrible reviews, It hurt Linda Fiorantino's career, poor poor Way and Caruso. But I think I think Jade is the most.
Speaker 2: I love you might the podcast. You must remember this. I loved the Erotic Nineties series.
Speaker 1: And the piece that they did on Jade, and.
Speaker 2: I think that Jade is the most nineties erotic thriller of them all personally. So, as you mentioned, I'm very excited to say that we're working on some special features for this edition.
Speaker 1: There is a few things that are not listed here that will be on this release that I think are going to make this even much better than the Yes release in my opinion.
Speaker 2: But well, we don't have to compete the kind of get them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, I don't understand why Simmoner is saying, who David.
Speaker 2: Caruso like thid William Caruso.
Speaker 1: Did you say, William?
Speaker 2: I confused my own misery with David.
Speaker 1: Got It got it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Redhead. Yeah. Obviously a lot of people are gonna have the VS release of Jade already, so this might not be his appealing, but yeah, we're doing our best to make it appealing because there's gonna be some great extras on this. No, nope, I maybe we can tell about the next time. Yes, more more next month to talk about on that. I'm pretty excited about it though. Uh Radiance announced it this week as well. December eighth over in the UK and December ninth here in the US. They are putting out Splendid Outing. This is really exciting because this is one that they announced that they were trying to get previously and they were not able to license. This is a South Korean film, one that I've been wanting to see for quite some time. This has following a dream about her dead twin sister, thriving corporate tycoon Gong Do, he takes a drive to the seaside, but her splendid outing becomes a nightmarish one when she is kidnapped and forced to live with a gruff island fisherman who insists that she is his runaway wife, featuring a timely message about political oppression that evaded the stringent censors of the day. This daring modernist work from prolific Korean siniest Kim Sue Young, stands as one of the boldest works of Korean cinema's darkest era, the seventies. This is going to have an audio commentary by Ariel Shutson and an interview with the filmmaker Lee Chang Dong, interview with the assistant director Chung Ji Young. There is going to be a piece on the Island Women of Classic Korean Cinema visual essay by Pierce Conran. There is a book of on this with new writing by Chung Chang Kwa and Pierce Conran and archival writing by the director. Yeah, this to me is one that looks pretty incredible. Definitely on my want list from Radiance for this month. Next is another Wisconti title. We were just talking about senso this is my pickup from earlier tonight Visconti here is putting out Lenotti Bianki from nineteen fifty seven. This one is going to be a four K respiration. We got an interview with the producer and programmer Adrian Wooten. There is an archival documentary on here as well, where Wisconsin is interviewed. In Rome. There is a whole bunch of archival interviews, audiobook reading of Dastoyevski's original short story White Knights from twenty ten, a book of new writing by Pascual Aoni, and archival writing. Tell me about this one, will, Oh, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: As I said before, I love Wisconti, and this is yeah, I hate I hate wealthy people, but I don't hate people.
Speaker 1: You know, you're not You don't choose how you're born.
Speaker 2: And Visconti was a man who who really conscientiously used his privileged position to really reflect and observe and fight for humanity. So this, this movie is gorgeous and it's it's profound.
Speaker 1: All right. Next is another one that has been long sought after. The people are very excited about. Uh. This is coming on December eighth on blu Ray in the UK only, and that is nineteen sixty nine Dousse. This is by Robert Bresson. From the balcony of Parisian apartment, a young woman jumps to her death. Her body has moved to the bed that she shared with her husband. Luke A pawnbroker she met at a time of need. Through a series of flashbacks, Luke reflects on their marriage and the events that may have led to her suicide with this. With his first color film, Bresson continues his career long fascination with the work of Fyodor Dostoyevsky and a striking chamber drama about a crumbling marriage anchored by a starmaking turn from the then unknown Dominique Sanda. This is a masterful and timeless meditation on male female relationships. Boy, I can tell you some things about the new audio commentary by Michael Brooke on this one, visual essay by Christina Alvarez Lopez and Adrian Martin, some archival interviews, and then a booklet with new writing by Alex Barrett, and an archival interview with Robert Bresson. Yeah, I don't pronounce anything in French correctly. I'm bigger on the Asian titles. Thanks, Ronnie, you speak Spanish pretty good. But that's that's not something you want to advertise these days. No, No, I like living here o femduce? Is that correct? Is that is that right? Why are we laughing? Is that wrong? I thought that was accurate. I think you're great, man. That's not what you don't normally say. Okay, have you seen this one? Because I've heard this is great. I have not seen this one. This is obviously Bresson. It's automatic, so yeah, yeah, all right. And then they have done a few of these in the past. But they're also doing their next Dirty Art House volume. Uh, this is a zine that they put out. This is going to be releasing in the UK. They don't really put this out in the US unless you order it direct. They'll send it to you, of course. But this is volume five. They've got Jack Sergeant writing on Border, Jerome Ruder on Kissed, Suzanne Bolin on My Mayor, Kat Ellinger on time Me Up, Timey Down, Willow, Caitlin McLay on water drops on Burning Rocks, and then Alexandre Heller Nicholas on Lenfer. This is going to be focusing on taboo relationships. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Seeing one of these great writers doing just makes me feel like I'm wasting my life. You know, is anybody gonna ask me to write an essay about the Batman?
Speaker 1: Now? I might? I wasted my time. This is great. I need to become more productive. Next up Radiance in the US got the rights and they're able to put out O C and STIGs from nineteen eighty seven. They had released this previously over in the UK, so now it's coming on December ninth in the US. This is gonna be the exact same disc, exact same release. Everything else, all the art, everything else is the same. But this is a big deal because this has not come out in the US before another all of the title that's a good deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the young people love them. Criterion has done a big Altman festival for their their this month's UH streaming offerings, and it makes me wonder is a four K of mash finally in the works.
Speaker 1: With someone I had no idea?
Speaker 2: You know nothing, well nothing that either means it is.
Speaker 1: Or it isn't. Sadly, the ones that show up on their streaming channel does not necessarily mean anything.
Speaker 2: So no, no gross, point blank anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would say it would be more likely if the Janice title card showed up before the film oh on the streaming channel. The next one from Imprint for this week is a pretty big one. The last induction from nineteen ninety four getting a four K release from Imprint, And this is a big deal because they are presenting this brand new restored from the OCN by Imprint themselves. This is the first time that any release of this has come from the OCN. I believe. They're also doing not only the film in its full color theatrical cut on four K, but also an exclusive noir edition with the full film in black and white on four K, and we also have the extended version of the film on.
Speaker 2: SD the last restoration. Yes, well, another key.
Speaker 1: Film in.
Speaker 2: You must remember this as an ironic nineties series, a very interesting backstory. So this is one hundred percent worth it.
Speaker 1: This has a lot of good extras. We got a new interview with John Dahl, new interview with Peter Berg, new interview with Bill Pullman, a new interview with the editor Eric L. Beeson, a new interview with the cinematographer Jeffrey Jerr. More new special features coming as well. So they're putting together a pretty pretty damn cool week here of titles. Yeah, all right, that was last deduction. Finally to some shout stuff. Somehow we have still not gotten to shout and I think this was Wednesday for the Shout stuff, And we have some big stuff to talk about tonight. So first, Vampires, the John Carpenter film, is getting a four case deal book on November fourth. This is an Amazon exclusive and this is all the same as the previous release. Nothing new on this, it's it's just the exact same four K discs. H If you don't like the art, this is Mexi funk again. This is the same artist that people have not been liking a lot of their stuff from. But this isn't even the most egregiously bad shout art this month. Uh, this isn't even the worst either. We're gonna talk about the worst in just a minute. But people hated this too. We finally got the first big John WU title November fourth. They've got a deluxe four K release coming of Hard Boiled. That is pretty bad. That's horrible, and it looks like he's taking aim at their black exploitation box sets. This looks like a what's that movie rating site that's got the same color scheme. This is not.
Speaker 2: The point, is and you know, normally I'm way more laid back about this than you are. But that's awful.
Speaker 1: Again, still not even anywhere near the worst for this one. No, I Okay, so big stuff are Hard Boiled newly translated subs, which has never been a good thing on the Hard Boiled releases in the past. They just had dub titles. Previously, we got a new commentary with John Wu and Drew Taylor, new commentary with Frank Jing as well. Then we got an archival commentary. We've got on disc three. This is all bonus extras. We've got interview with John Wu, interview with Anthony Wong, interview with Terrence Chang, interview with the screenwriter Gordon Chan, interview with Chung Hank Ku, interview with the composer Michael Gibbs, and lots more tons of archival extras. Oh my gosh, this is a really stuffed release of Hard Boiled, thankfully, not from nothing from us, that is for sure. I will say I've heard from two people this week though, that this film might be slightly disappointing on four K. Supposedly it's not a great scan of the film. It's like barely an uptick over the old blu ray which wasn't great. Like it'll look cleaner, but not in the ways that we certainly would want to hear from this one. Now that being said, I am thrilled that this is going to be in print on a legit release. Everybody can pick this up, lots of new extras. This will still be the best it's ever looked. I just hope that it looks better than what people in the know are already saying, just.
Speaker 2: Like a communist skimp on the restoration.
Speaker 1: What is this? What is this bullshit? That's Golden Princess for you? Unfortunately, Oh my god, I've did a couple. Then, all right, are you ready to see the worst art for this month from show? Let's do it? The Howling four K Steel Book. What is this? Looks like looks like something from Tamla two or something. I mean, this is from like liquid television. This is.
Speaker 2: Nothing in this has any connection to the movie whatsoever. You look at this, you remember that part in the Forty Year Old Virgin where Paul Rudd and Seth Rogan are doing the back and forth of a you know how I know you're gay? Of course, you know how I know You're gay? You got the Howling Steel Book. Craig's mad at me? Now, well, it's going to give you a matter after your response in the last one. Yeah, no, I would never I'm just saying that this artwork seems inappropriate movie. It doesn't make any sense. I don't even say bad. It would fit other things. Like I said the Tamila twenty ten thing is, I thought this art kind of fit the vibe it does.
Speaker 1: It's more pop art like Tamila twenty ten. I get that this is this is crazy pants. This is a like a wild attempt at pop art that does not work, let me tell you you know. And I don't like forty year old version. I thought it was offensive. Uh yeah, if this if this gets jan Alpha the Bay oh man, Yeah, this is this is bad. I love the howling, I love Joe Dante. This I don't love. And don't worry. This is not an Amazon exclusive. Since you're dying to get this, This will be available everywhere November eleventh. Check it out, same discs as the previous four K release. But that's enough. Moving right along, Renfield a steal book from them. I Don't Hate. This is now going to be a wide release from them you can get in a November eleventh anywhere. We've already talked about this release before, so moving right along. Continuing their worship of Oliver Stone on November eleventh, they're putting out Snowden on four K. They're they're seemingly going for all of his films. We got a new interview with Stone, a new interview with the producer Maritz Borman, with the producer, cinematographer, the co editor, and then's archival Featurette's Snowden.
Speaker 2: Will shall Factory have the courage to put out Ukraine on Fire? Let's say, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So well, that's probably a different right Solder on that one. Oh yeah, that's why. Next up November eleventh, they're also putting out Spotlight on Oh what a brave, brave movie. This is a great damn movie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Anyways, Hollywood loves to do nothing forever and then make a movie about people who did something and be like see, yeah, screw you.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to say that too. The most egregious thing for me here is there like lotting this as the ten year tenth anniversary edition of Spotlight, not a single new bonus feature. They're not even trying. And also the Church hasn't done it yet. Well, it's not about the church doing she well anyways, not, it's about the Church getting caught.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, it's not any consequences for the shot.
Speaker 1: Correct, correct, right.
Speaker 2: It's just right exactly. We're raising awareness.
Speaker 1: I tell you what.
Speaker 2: Anybody who says they're raising awareness to me, I'm like, I'm done. I'm done.
Speaker 1: You're raising awareness. How about you do something? Well, let's raise awareness of a release that is identical to the Vinegar Syndrome release. Here's Shouts consequent shout is also putting out a four K of the Beast Master on November twenty fifth. And yes, this is literally identical to the Vinegar Syndrome.
Speaker 2: Release, same transfer and everything.
Speaker 1: Everything, all the extras and the transfer or are identical, literally the same. They just got the rights. They just got the rights, and they're keeping it in print, which again it should be in print. Nothing wrong with that. Great.
Speaker 2: I love don cos Worl. I want to talk a little bit more about Spotlight. He come on, man, this is this is why they win. The Left is like, they'll make a movie about it. His awareness and uh, but nothing changes, and people are pissed and they there and they don't know what you know.
Speaker 1: Just oh and yeah, come on, you know, just I just realized it's one thirty where you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many more of these shitty movies we got to talk about? Like you're gonna disinvite me for Look, I you know, well, I've made it clear how I feel about you know.
Speaker 1: The fan of Catholics.
Speaker 2: Uh, whoa, you don't twist me. I don't blame the.
Speaker 1: People we talked about beast Master.
Speaker 2: Look, I know Coscarelli uh watches this movie and talks about, you know how much you wish you could could have done different?
Speaker 1: I this movie. I love this movie.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, uh, Mark Singer, have you ever seen a specimen as such? And the spookiness of those like bat things and the oh and oh the faarret oh and just oh everything about it? Rip Torn Oh you're laughing at sibing.
Speaker 1: Or not me, are you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good joke, gotta admit. He says, Will is like a period. He comes once a month and seems to last forever. Yeah, h well, Sedner comes once a month alone. So what's left? What's next is the next of the big titles from their Hong Kong cinema classics line. Shout is putting out a Better Tomorrow trilogy on four k This is coming on November eighteenth, and yes, a lot of people think that this is the worst art for the month, even worse than the howling. And this is again Mexi Funk doing the art for this one. And it's everybody seems to think when they see this that it's AI. It's not. It's vector graphics that he uses for these. In fact, you'll see him in the comment section on Instagram here thanking me for raising and supporting his art. But that that face here, not sure you're exactly doing that? But okay, no, I'm certainly not. Next fact, does not watch the show. That face there on the left, Oh boy, h.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that looks like a late stage Jackie Chan there. I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't like to.
Speaker 2: I don't like to criticize, but I don't care for that. That cover art. Uh, you're burning bridges is uh faster than than this guy's burning Chow Young Fat's lips off. This is like, this is like Chow Young Chow Young fire alarm.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a this is uh, this is an insign. This is a Jesus you said, this is like night time. Yeah, this is like stock drop an egg roll? Are you serious? L was the one. I'm done. Okay, Well, let's talk about the extras real quick, because this is kind of an incredible looking release for this. This is a seven disc set, so they're giving you each of the films in four K and blu ray, so that's six of the discs right there, and the extras. On these we had a new audio commentary from James Mudge on the first one, and then a bunch of new interviews. We got John wu and then some of the actors, filmmaker, screenwriters. Gareth Evans gets interviewed on A Better Tomorrow, which is incredible to see. We've got interviews with Frank Jang on some of these. We've got interviews with Vietnam War researchers for the third one. There is so much on here it's crazy. But then Disc seven long lost A Better Tomorrow to workprint. It is something that Brandon Bentley found Brandon Bentley Friend of the show, featuring over thirty minutes of never before seen footage, audio and cantonese. And then they've got the Taiwan East cut of A Better Tomorrow three on there as well. It is huge. This is very exciting for a lot of people. This has needed a great release in the US for a long time, seven disc four K box set. I mean, this is a big deal. I hope it looks straight better tomorrow. I'm getting it. I just just wish we had a better cover art well. On that note, one of the main things I was gonna leave us with on this a reminder to everybody. This will also be released in the UK by Arrow on four K with the same scans, potentially different extras, but they likely have at least all the same extras. A better better tomorrow, A better better tomorrow. It won't be tomorrow, but it'll be a while, all right, all right, do you feel like going back to the eighties, because next up we've got a September sixteenth, every day a four K steel book coming in the US of Tron from nineteen eighty two. I missed the racan Era. Is your gummy trickling down right now? No, it's just the world sucks so bad. That was just a Reagan choke. Okay, So heads up, this is not getting a standard four K release in the US. It is only getting a steel book release in the US. It is getting a standard release over in the UK, So if you want that, you can check it out, you can pick it up now. It'll likely be on Orbit eventually. The pre orders for these are weird. They've been up on Walmart, taken down from Walmart. They've been up on Barnes and Noble, taken down from Barnes and Noble. This is going to be a everywhere. They're gonna make a bunch of these. They're gonna make a ton of money off of them. They are still not up on Amazon. And when I'm saying they because on the same day they're also doing Tron Legacy from twenty ten. Same thing not getting a standard here in the US, but it is in the UK. I personally have never been infatuated with these movies and don't understand the worship these movies get. Are you a Tron fan? Try hose Con.
Speaker 2: I understood, yes, William Shan, Yeah you want. I've never seen Tron or the Big Big Love Tron.
Speaker 1: Is that because you're waiting because you are really excited about the Jared Leto Tron. There's a third Tron. There's a third Tron coming out this year. We live in society, that's why they're putting these out. Yes, yeah, okay, so the Big thing here other than Disney catalog title coming out, because that's always a big deal. These are coming out in eleven days. Eleven days, and we don't have a pre order up on Amazon for this. It's been a very odd rollout of this. This was just revealed technically, like at least earlier.
Speaker 2: Noah, you're breaking up, you're breaking up. I'm just gonna take over eleven days.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 2: A Joe Demato movie or a fourth of a Josh harten At movie. You know, great Fantastic Tron.
Speaker 1: Disney early CGI, Jeff Bridges, Weed, Jared Leto.
Speaker 2: Bad Boyfriendne. You know one of my favorite jokes from Peacemakers, how much all the characters hate thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: From mars.
Speaker 1: Am, I still breaking up? That's yeah here, Okay we were back together. Okay, So yeah, these are coming out eleven days. The rollout's been very weird. These leaked a couple of months ago, but technically they were just announced.
Speaker 2: And so negativity, all right, whatever, you know what happens.
Speaker 1: I think it's just because you superre saying traw Jared Letto, what a point?
Speaker 2: Well, look I'm you know, I'm just a human being.
Speaker 1: All right, h next up. We talked about the art being the problem for Sados that's coming out in October. But uh Imprint and that's their third title in the Pinko one, two in the Pinko one, in the one still trying to figure out where to go next Imprint four K title November. They're putting out a four K of g I Jane from nineteen ninety seven, and let's comment Chris Rock. He said the same joke. No, I was saying, let the Chris Rocks jokes fly, because that's all that people can think of. It'd be you know, it would be awesome if these guys have gotten Chris Rock to the comill be the funniest ship in his tree. That would have been I would have I would have the company who put who's putting this out? Imprint?
Speaker 2: Oh, I believe in Imprint. Imprint should have been like, let's get Chris Rock one hundred at least an introduction. You know, it would be funny, you know that whole situation.
Speaker 1: Imprint could have put out a third disc in this set and said it's a featurette on the slap and make a documentary about it. Yeah, I don't want to make judgments. You know, you got you gotta stick up for your you know, all all.
Speaker 2: All things aside, you gotta you can't. You got to stand up for your spouse. You know, if your if your spouse is mad, you've got to do something otherwise you're going to be in trouble.
Speaker 1: He seemed to have.
Speaker 2: Gone overboard, you know, a stern text, maybe a maybe a confrontation at the cocktail party afterwards, a little bit more appropriate, Like, Chris, we've known each other a long time. I know you're a comedian everything, but I feel like that joke crossed the line and that upset my wife. I'd like you to apologize. I think that might have been a more appropriate.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: However, it's kind of badass, you know what I mean. Like if you're like if you were if you're married to somebody, right, and you're in a public place and somebody insults you, right. Scenario one, After the fact, your your partner goes to the person's like, Hey, that wasn't cool. You should apologize, right, That's that's the that's the right thing to do. M Scenario two, your your partner goes up and beats the ship out of that person in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: Wait, by everybody, you mean millions of people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which one's going to turn you on more?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not passing judgment. I'm just saying I understand, all right. So Imprint Films is releasing G. I. Jane on four K on November twenty sixth. They did the restoration themselves. This is bound to look great the Blu ray disc.
Speaker 1: We got new interviews with Ridley Scott, David Towey, Jason Beggy Arthur, Max Pietro Scalia, new four K scan of the trailer as well, plus an exclusive sixty page hardback booklet with the reprint of the original ninety seven press kitt and production stills. Oh yeah, really, Ridley Scott sensitive classically Will's favorite director, Ridley Scott. I mean this was.
Speaker 2: This was the apex of Debbie Moore, you know, strip tease, G I.
Speaker 1: Jane. This was a huge pop culture title. Yeah yeah, yeah, even though it did not do well in the theater, which is a shame. You know, I think I think this is the kind of movie that that should do well, uh metro plex wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I always liked anymore because she got her start with Full Moon or Empire with parasite and everything, and there's definitely the best part of that awful Saint Elmo's Fire movie. But but I don't I don't think i've actually seen g I Jane. I was on the big that was a big video store title, but I never got around to it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about one that I believe you have seen, the first four K Antonioni title. November twenty fourth, we are getting a four K over in the UK from Eureka of Lee or The Night. This is from nineteen sixty one, coming as part of their Masters of Cinema line. This is going to be limited to two thousand for the limited edition. Undoubtedly there will be a standard eventually. We get a limited booklet in this with writing by Brad Stevens on the transcript of a lengthy Q and A conducted in sixty one with Antonioni. This is gonna have a new commentary with Tony Rain's new interview with the academic Richard Dryer or sorry, Richard Dyer, uh ANTONIONI will it's to doctor c the TNS. I love Michael, Oh my godness, is one of the greatest. I love it.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to watch this in four K. It's going to be gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but uh, I can sit quietly and just in habit of an Antonioi movie anytime. I'm huge fan of the stillm oh my goodness. Yeah, I'm done. I can tell I'll never see you again. November twenty fourth. Over in the UK, they're also releasing the Phantomas trilogy from nineteen sixty four to sixty seven, with Fantomas Fantomas Unleashed in Fantomas versus Scotland Yard Jersey's just done, followed me not really, don't do that. Josie just Josie was gone eight minutes into this. Let's be honest. There's a six page hardback book in this. We've got new commentaries, one with David Collott, one with How's It bound? I can't even say a name right now? All right, we got new interviews, new visual essay on the evolution of Fantomas and Cinema by Kellen Blake. Check it out.
Speaker 2: This is a definite gotta do it, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the next one.
Speaker 2: Then, wait, I want Eureka to bring fuck the fuliad box set back into print. I didn't get a chance. I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: There's standards out there of all of the films. But you again, I want what's that? Okay? Two hundred and fifty dollars on eBay. Just Hey, have you seen Rio Lobo? This is coming on Blu Ray from Eureka on November seventeenth over in the UK. This is a John Wayne film, So I know you've seen it probably eight times and I loved every time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Howard Hawk's final film, Total Bomb, got terrible reviews, but as time has passed people have come to appreciate it as they should. It's it's a great film, all right.
Speaker 1: That is enough about Rio Lobo. We've got a couple of new interviews on here, one with Austin Fisher, one with Sheldon Hall talking about Howard Hawks. They're also putting out Showgun Samurai from nineteen seventy eight on Blu Ray over in the UK on November seventeenth. This is still from Eureka. This is a Sonny Cheeba film. We've got new visual essay by Joe Hinkinbottom, a new interview with Tony Rains, and a new booklet new writing by Jonathan Clements. Never seen Shogun Samurai and very curious about this one. Actually, Oh, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Many many years ago in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, I picked up a ten pack of Sonny Chiefa Movies with like it was one of those DVD sets where it's like a different movie on each side of the DVD. And Shogun Samurai is I think one of the two last TI on that DVD set that hasn't but well now it has, but up until this point hadn't been upgraded.
Speaker 1: So I couldn't be more happy about this. I love Sonny Cheebo. What a pregnant pause. We got some release details for Nobody to This is coming on October seventh. There's a Walmart exclusive for the standard four K Blu ray and DVD. We've got cast and filmmakers revealing how the action was up in the second one. Bob bden Kirk of the stunt team breakdown the creative process of designing, rehearsing, and executing these scenes. We got a bunch of deleted scenes and that is it. Fun movie. Check it out. I feel like I appreciate this one more than I did the day I watched in the theater. I think I want to see this one again. Great, great movie. Actually, well this one was funded by Meta. I don't care, but great.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, I'm glad that old guys who never I'm glad old comedians can do action movies. I can't wait to see I can't wait to see an American remake of District B thirteen starring Patton Oswald.
Speaker 1: All right, October thirteenth, there's a Blu ray DVD coming in the UK from Studio Canal of Port of Shadows from nineteen thirty eight. That'd be funny, was it? It would be funny. We got a new four K restoration of the film. We've got poetry, misfortune, featurette introduction and alternate credits. Yeah, this sounds like it's a winner. And I've never seen this one. Have you seen Port of Shadows? Yeah? It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have no jokes because it's a great frickin' movie. You watch Port of Shadows and you'll everything you see in the theater this year, you'll be like, why did I bother?
Speaker 1: Next up, David Cronenberg's The Shroud that came out this year, Like, will just said, why would you bother with this? December four k over in the UK from Vertigo Releasing, which means this is likely not getting a second site release like lots of people wanted to happen. So unfortunately it is not happening because obviously they can't also have the rights.
Speaker 2: There will be no disparagement of Cronenberg. When I'm on this show, you just.
Speaker 1: Said, why would you bother with anything in the theater this year? Right? Get out? Next up Unearthed Films putting out their next title on December sixteenth. Here in the US, it's a blu ray of Garden of Love from two thousand and three. This one actually sounds pretty good, says the story of young woman tormented by bloody visions of a past you can't really remember. All she knows is that all of her family was slaughtered when she was very young. Now, the spirits of the dead lust for vengeance, and they want Rebecca to guide those responsible to them. Rebecca reluctantly agrees, and blood spurting chaos ensubes. I've got a handful of archival extra is nothing new on here, but I'm curious with this one. So olaf Ittenbach film, Well.
Speaker 2: I feel this will be a great triple feature with the Shrouds and the gardener.
Speaker 1: The shrouds already is Garden of Love. Basically, this is what I was referring to earlier with the Anchor Bay. So on December sixteenth, they are also putting out Long Live the King from two thousand and three. This is a tribute to King Kong. I posted this and this art which is very clearly generative AI. They DMed me because and I'm gonna tell the whole saga here in the chat. They commented it with this gift like approving that this was posted, and I don't think they liked that. I responded and said, hey, you announced that you would change the AI art on your other release, are you changing this one as well? And will you were refrained from using AI art on your other releases coming up? And they didn't say anything else, but they DMed me and they said this art was never intended to be the final art. They were mockups that we gave to a new artist and someone on our team approved and uploaded them. They haven't even authored the disc yet, and they don't generally deliver art this far ahead of disdelivery. Now you could take that as the truth or did they get called out and now that people are upset that they're putting on AI on their covers, they are suddenly changing them. I don't know what the truth is there, but I will take them at their word.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to say this. I have no idea who these people are right, could be either way, but I have definitely been involved in situations where stuff has gotten posted that shouldn't have gotten posted. I agree, and I know you have as well, so I like you. I will give them the benefit of doubt. Or this could be the next plan of the Apes movie who.
Speaker 1: Knows through DM I also told them which is probably fruitless. But I also said, if you're going to use placeholder art, I would rather you not use generative ai AI, which we know is bad for artists and bad for the environment. And they said they were the owner of Anchor Bay, and they agreed, Well.
Speaker 2: They'll just throw that out there. Well, you know everything is bad for the environment. You know, turpentine is not so good either.
Speaker 1: Four and a half hour streams about physical media is probably not great either. Has it been that long?
Speaker 2: How many more of these what's happening?
Speaker 1: There's only seventy two left. I don't even want to be here. I'm just kidding. There's only six things left to talk about. What you don't want to be here will come? I feel abused? Bye? Who by me? I don't know, it's just the vibe. Yeah, I get it. Next up, speaking of great movies, that will roots for the bad Guy. In September twenty third, there's a four K coming into the and which bag guy? Are you even talking about the Nazis? Are cad I you said thank you, Adolf. I just wanted to make that back you. We have proof that you said thank you, Adolph. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow Okay, Tucker, Okay.
Speaker 1: September twenty third, there's a four K coming here in the US from Disney of the Sound of Music. This is the sixtieth anniversary release. And again, just like we just saw with Tron, this comes out in eighteen days, Just eighteen days. That's a very short pre order window for a disc. Disney maybe trying out something new here, Yeah, but that's it. Nothing new on this, just a just a supposedly beautiful four K restoration and betrayer.
Speaker 2: Betrayer is that a name you call yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm the portrayer. Yeah, yeah, and the vibe is bad against you our theaters saying I do hey will, how do you feel about the sand of music?
Speaker 2: I love it, Robert Wise, It's gorgeous. It's uh, you know, I hate Rogers and Hammerstein, so there's a little bit of the tension there. It's it's beautifully it's beautifully made. I dislike most of the music. I just I really don't like Rogers and Hammerstein, Stein Stein, I hate I hate their music. But that being said, you know, the whole saga the von Traps is so like crazy and uh and and uh this film is it's a perennial, so hopefully I already have I feel like, am I wrong? Was there already a four kids?
Speaker 1: This is the first four? K Okay? Well, then I'll eventually get it. Oh, I hate Roger Samerstein, though I really do.
Speaker 2: South Pacific like get out of here, Get out of here? And what was the film they made that was a remake of the fritzlan film that inspired Dark Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's very late to strike, is it? State Fair? No? I know I'm not gonna remember, but what I do remember is that we only have like five or six left so I'm gonna go to the next one while you look that up. I'm not in a hurry. The next one December sixteenth. This is coming from Kit Parker Films and they're likely releasing it through VCI. And that is Stranger on Horseback from nineteen fifty five. This is a pretty rough looking photoshop on our made character here, but this is a new Carousel.
Speaker 2: All was the remake of Lilium, the Fritz Laan movie, and Lilium inspired the look of Dark City, so it's weird, so weird that Carousel would be. And the big, the big, the big change that Rogers and Hammerty made between Lilium and Carousel is the importance of clam chowder.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Strange on Horseback. Strange on Horseback is from nineteen fifty five. We've got a new two K restoration Joel McCrae film. This is little scene film not been widely available. This is going to be the first Blu Ray release anywhere in the world, I believe. I'm assuming this is probably not one you've seen a will I feel like I have what was this.
Speaker 2: Stranger on Horseback? Oh yeah, I've seen this. The it's on two B Jacques.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well great.
Speaker 2: I love Joel McCrae, so anytime I see a movie with him up put a round. Yeah, and you know, Jacques Trenur is visually impressive.
Speaker 1: All right. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I show Jacques Treennur's Wichita a lot with also Joel McCray In my course on westerns, I think Turner's Westerns are even better than his U his stuff for Val Newton, the you know cat people and I walked with a zombie. So yeah, check this out. Despite what the.
Speaker 1: Well, the cover art that looks fine, well that's what it was. The lighting there is, uh it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks kind of photoshops. But no, the movie's great.
Speaker 1: I mean it's better than a better Tomorrow. I will say that. October seventh, there's gonna be an Amazon exclusive Blu Ray DVD from Welgo of twenty twenty five's Shaman that says a missionary family travels to rural Ecuador to convert the indigenous population. All is going well until their son ventures into a forbidden local cave and comes back with the demonic spirit into Candid believes that an exorcism in the Catholic tradition will free her boy from the evil bonds that bind him. The local Shamans know that the spirit is older than her religion and must be dealt with or the demon will take them all. Oh shit, this is a good looking poster. Yeah, I'll tell you what you know. The everything that I.
Speaker 2: Criticize about the history of the Catholic Church is also everything I love about horror movies connected to catholicis. Yeah, there's demons, we can we can do rituals. There's artwork, there's yeah, it's all the dumb stuff.
Speaker 1: There's artwork. Yeah. Yeah. Also an Amazon exclusive Blu Ray DVD on October seventh from Welgo is The Villagers from twenty eighteen. The film starring Don Lee. He is sent to a high school in the country as this new gym teacher and has a hard time adjusting to his new environment and feels that there's something definitely wrong about the town and its people. Eugene is a high school student who's best friend disappeared without a trace. Everyone believes she ran away from home, but Eugene is the only one who thinks she's been kidnapped. With the help of Ki Chwei, she sets out a dangerous path to uncover the truth. Don Lee's great. I'm very curious about this one. I'd not heard about this when it's seven years old now already. Yeah, well yeah, those who can't film act and those who can't act act like gym teachers.
Speaker 2: No, I'm kidding. You know, it's funny about gym teachers, is h First of all, you don't need a degree at all. But then they made a degree and it was called Exercise in Sports Science.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, first of it's called phizzad and nobody had, nobody respected that, so then they changed the name to Exercise and Supports Science.
Speaker 1: It was the same thing.
Speaker 2: It was still phizad, and nobody respected exercise and Support Science, So then they changed the name to kinesiology. That's what they call it now, like it's a science, but it's still phizzad. But people get like degrees, It's true, they do.
Speaker 1: To the eighty eight people still watching on YouTube, thanks for hanging out. We have two more things left to cover, and they're both disconnected related and to make announcements.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure people understand I'm not criticizing majoring and physied. I'm just like, be who you are you know, it's not the same thing as freaking chemistry.
Speaker 1: I don't think that people were worried about that. I think you're okay, well, you don't know who's watching eighty eight gym teachers. That's true.
Speaker 2: A bunch of physical therapists out there. That's a legit that's a legit profession.
Speaker 1: Good for you. You made more than I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to make that sense. I don't hate anybody, you know, I'm trying to, uh make everybody feel respected.
Speaker 1: I just I just don't want to. But I just don't like it when people overcompensate. You know what I'm saying. I do. We've got two things left to cover. Go ahead, don't don't mind me. I gotta mind you. We got two more disconnected things. One. The newest issue of The Physical Media Advocate is now up for order. This is issue number twenty two, and it is a great one. I think we've got some really fun writing this one. Frank Gutler returns with a piece on like a staticky porn watching on cable networks. Okay, it's an article. It's fun. And then that's why I read it. Yep, that's why I said it. Andy Nelson wrote one of the best pieces we've printed in the magazine so far. He wrote about the cinematic Family Tree, and I think it's really an incredible piece. I hope people love it. Then we've got Uncle Cadaver talking about the Aquabat Super Show coming out on Blu ray and DVD, which is a really fun couple pages from him. Stan who's in the chat right now, talked about weapons, which I loved. Michelle Kisner talked about the work of a memorro Oshee who did Angel's Egg. We just talked about that last week. The Umbrella release coming out. There's a highlight on unearthed films, and of course lots of other stuff within the pages for those that don't know, because we don't ever really go into what this magazine is if you've never looked at one. This is available digitally or physically worldwide. You can get it on Amazon anywhere in the world it is. If you get it on digital, you can click on all of the pictures all of the creators that submitted, and you get links to take them take you to their other work that they do. You can go buy some of these releases stuff like that. If you get it on paperback. It's really high quality paper with a glossy cover. I think it's pretty great. You can subscribe if you're in the US on the Patreon to get one of every issue sent to you every month without thinking about it at all. Will we still have need? We still need to get your printed in the magazine somehow.
Speaker 2: I just want to give a shout out to Ronnie, who's who says I'm trying to cut it out, saying I'm so and I apologize. This isn't how it should be. I'm I'm supposed to bring it. I'm supposed to bring unpredictable kinetic energy.
Speaker 1: To this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, at some point, I hope you asked me to contribute. I'd like to do something.
Speaker 1: Good. Try there.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know I got I got an article about this Italian movie that suddenly needs a new place to be printed.
Speaker 1: Maybe if maybe we could do it in the physical media advocant, if it would be the right thing, I don't even know what you're referring to, but okay, you do too, I actually don't if it would be the right fit. Okay, let's talk about the last thing. I just put up an interview with John and Mico over at New Way Video. This is the newest boutique Blu Ray label in the world at the moment. They're out of Australia. They even reveal a spying number four coming from their label. John Friend of the show also one of the hosts of the Imprint Cast doing incredible work. This, in my opinion, is a rather important label to keep an eye on. To start to start a label in your first title, be strange Circus, a title that people have wanted for years, that has not had a good announcement, that has not had a good release, And you go for a title like Shian Sono. And then we've got Rubbers lover Coming, We've got Reso Doji, We've got they, They've already hinted at some other things, and then if you go in and listen to the fourth reveal, you'll you'll understand it. They've got their eyes on some pretty big things, So go check it out. They're doing some really incredible work to lay the ground work and have a strong foundation of a great label.
Speaker 2: I saw Robbers lover.
Speaker 1: It was I was waiting for some sort of rubber joke. I don't want to be a rab love, Okay, Just in case you forgot, I'm gonna run through very quickly. What's coming out next week? Jurassic World Rebirth Ballerina four K High and Low four K from Criterion, Kung Fu Panda two four K, l e O, four K Steealbook from Disney, Colon's Daughter, four K Wills Trilogy, Will's new favorite, the Dark Knight Trilogy. Now that you've seen them all, He Who Get Slapped from Flicker Alley, Samurai res direct from Shout Materialists from A twenty four Little House on the Prairie Complete Series, Blu Ray Luigi four K Steelbook from Shout. The Strange Woman from Filmmasters, Proof of the Man from Arrow Arbor Day and Sledgehammer will be shipping probably next week from TerrorVision, So good luck with that. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There's an Ice Roads sequel.
Speaker 1: Holy Ice Road sequel starring Liam Neeson. Road was Horrible, Ice Road Vengeance, Dark Wind Season three from AMC next week. Love Camp is not coming out next week. Paid no attention to that one. Uzumaki The Ritual Bridehard Sherlock Holmes Fatal Hour from Filmmasters, and that is it. Yeah, he will get your God, that's it. He will gets slapped. Maybe a little house on the prairie. Will it's been a night, huh. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know where I stand. I after four hours of m hm hm, after four hours of of just spewing nonsense, I'm now facing the consequences and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: What what consequence is it that will?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, it's it's been fun. We've we've done some great work and gosh, man, like I'm not and to be clear, like I'm I'm straight here, I'm you know, relatively, I'm just tired. I'm tired, and I don't I don't know how you do it. We're spect man.
Speaker 1: You do this every week, every week and uh long days of work before too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do it once a month, and I'm like I always I'm dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time.
Speaker 1: And that's only once a month. To be clear, That's how I feel feel about every social interaction. Like I get real excited about making.
Speaker 2: Appointments, and then when the day, when the time comes, I'm like, how can I get out of this?
Speaker 1: I've seen that many many times for me, So sorry, I have to cancel oh man, which, by the way, I need to verify that you're here for a recording in a couple of weeks, so we'll talk about that after. Well, another show. Thanks everybody for hanging out. There's still a lot of people hanging out, which is astonishing. After four hours and forty minutes of this, this is just the longest one. No, I've gone over six hours multiple times. What's it mostly with Bob Bob's Blu Rays.
Speaker 2: I've never spoke Oh no, I didn't talk to him once when I made the little like Award.
Speaker 1: Video for you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, and he was like, yeah, I'm gonna have you on my show.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard from him, so oh man. Yeah, we've got like an extra large amount of people that are not straight in the chat at the moment. Yeah, like that's like most everybody. And then Sibner, this has been uh Gene.
Speaker 2: Fun Sittner's asexual, but not by choice, no offense.
Speaker 1: He's taking it to the that's to the a's all right. So this has been great. Like I said, I wasn't even planning on mentioning who's gonna be on here next week. But Bob mccoldy for those that haven't listened to the Split Your Head podcast, go check it out. Bob is an incredible interviewer. He's got some really great conversations. We talked about the two in the Pinkoo podcast a lot. Tonight. He just put out an episode with Dakota and Dakota's co host Chris, and it's a really good conversation, genuinely, genuinely a lot of fun. Go check out Bob before next week so that you can give praise to his show. Will thanks for taking almost five hours out of your schedule of a corral and kitten and cleaning up shower poop and uh oh man what everybody like? I just it's so nice.
Speaker 2: Seeing everybody hanging out and interacting. It means a lot. And uh I uh, I really appreciate getting to yap with you. And even more like, it's it's so nice that that that anybody.
Speaker 1: Shows up. And so thanks thanks everybody, Simnar and Ronnie and Stan Mozart and Silent Mandible and everybody you know. I just I don't know, there's there's like too many people to say, but Paul, uh yeah, I'll tell you one thing. Plumbing right, like.
Speaker 2: It's so new. I grew up without it. You know, I grew up in the Middle Woods. We didn't have running water. We collected rain water and barrels for the tub, and we ran an outhouse and everything. And the very idea of plumbing is so weird, you know, and it reminds us. You know, human beings have been around for two hundred and fifty thousand years, right, Writing has existed for six thousand years. Electricity is one hundred and forty years old, right, cinema is about one hundred and thirty years old. The Internet is about thirty years old. For commercial availability, like how fast have things been going the past couple hundred years? Air conditioning cars, you know, all these are one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: And we we just take for granted that we have a system of pipes that that conveys our extrement.
Speaker 1: To drinking water. They don't get mixed up right.
Speaker 2: To underground, you know areas well. You know that stuff goes and and it just happens. We just we're just like, oh, yeah, this is this is how life should be. And then suddenly, you know, everybody has their period at the same time and doesn't dispose of their stuff in.
Speaker 1: The right way, and it has to be dealt with.
Speaker 2: And that's when you you realize, you know, society is a illsory construct, you know, escape from la you know, just like that, the grid goes down and we're back to We're back to cannibalisten. Where's your visconte?
Speaker 1: Then right right here? Yeah, all right on that note, now that you got that got us to four hours forty five minutes. Hey, everybody, check out the Physical Media Advocates. Check out the interview. I'll see you next Thursday. Will will not We'll we'll still be sleeping this off. We appreciate you hanging out and check out the Toxic Avenger. Like we said, Tony Clifton lifts, thank you for watching The Disconnected on the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 5: Hello, filthy movie lovers. My name is Gentry Austen.
Speaker 1: Now in Casey Scott.
Speaker 5: We're the hosts of the Sin Syndicate film podcast for Something weirdos Anti Criterion Brose and Joseph Sano of Ficionados join us. Semi weekly as we peer into the adults only theaters and sticky lord's cinemas of the golden age of sexploitation, when the morals were loose, the laws were murky, and the intercourse was all simulated. Find us now on the Someone's Favorite Productions Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. To hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network, Please select the link in the description.