Speaker 1: Kfi is tech reporter host of rich on Tech. Here on Saturdays Kfi and that's eleven am to two pm, and you can follow him rich on well Instagram, at rich on Tech website, rich on tech Dot TV.
Speaker 2: Morning rich Hey, Good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Bill Hockey Tuesday, good good to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, real quickly, before we get into the topics, big congratulations, big kudos. Your show, syndicated show just got into New York.
Speaker 2: And for those of us that are.
Speaker 1: Sort of familiar with all this, getting into New York is almost a miracle. I mean that, Oh my gosh, that's no big that's no small deal.
Speaker 3: I I'm not kidding. I wrote this on my Instagram. I the first question I asked when I heard I was getting a show was will it be on in New York City? And the answer was no. That was that was two years ago, and I've been asking, I've literally been begging ever since, and finally they said, Okay, I think we think you're ready. And so this weekend, the same show that you hear in LA will be on in New York City.
Speaker 1: Now, I've been doing a Handle on the Law since nineteen eighty five. It's on two hundred and sixty stations give or take.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what city?
Speaker 1: It's not in New York. Yeah, yeah, well I'm telling.
Speaker 2: You, you know, New York. Here to Bill Miracle.
Speaker 1: I've been producing The Jesus Show, has been on for over two decades and it's national.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're on in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's not easy to do it really is. It's it's it's a big, big deal. So congratulations and very well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. This is this was a big part of it, Bill, doing this with you, you know, you want to learn from the best, and you know this is this helped this. You know, people want good tech information and you know, hopefully we can give it to all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to suck it up. Okay, that's fine. What was that? It's Premier Radio, right. Are they syndicating you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the same syndication company that I work with. And you know, as powerful as they are, and they're the biggest syndication company in the world, getting in the New York is almost impossible, So good for you. All right, let's move right into who just went was that you? Okay, no, all right, I don't know who that was. Let's talk about iPhones unlocking locked cabinets at stores like CVS.
Speaker 2: Going to CVS.
Speaker 1: And trying to get a bottle of shampoo that's in a locked case and you have to call the clirk over to unlock it is beyond horrible. And there's now technology this sort of bypasses that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is pretty common in the LA area I know and more I live, they have locked up everything, slowly but surely. And so yes, like you said, you got to go into these aisles. It makes you almost not want to shop there because you've got to call someone and wait for someone to come over and unlock the case. And in the case of a Walmart that I went to, not only do they unlock the case and give you the product, but then they lock it up in a secondary case. So you bring it to the here.
Speaker 1: In a lock box, I know, you get a yeah, a razor blade and it comes into a box that you can shoe box size box.
Speaker 2: Yes, crazy, Yeah, So what does this do? So what does this does? How does it undo that?
Speaker 3: So CBS is trying to use technology to help shopper. So the idea is that you have the CVS app installed on your phone, you're logged in, and when you go to one of these shelves, you can use the app on your phone to unlock the box and so that you can pull out your deodorant or whatever you need, the shampoo bottle and then it locks back up and so you don't have to call someone over. You can do it from your phone. And the idea is to make this easier, but also they know who you are. It's not going to be for everyone logged into the app. It gets people to download the app, It eases some of the frustration. Right now, they're testing this at just a handful of stores, but they're expecting or hoping to expand it to more stores before rolling it out to every store. If it works, I mean, the idea is that you know, hopefully this still cuts down on thefts, but it makes it easier for people to shop them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the whole point, of course is security, which you've just undone some security, and so what you're saying is that the safeguards that they know who you are, they know what time is it's being done, they can timestamp at all.
Speaker 2: Of that is enough security.
Speaker 1: Whether you can unlock those ridiculous cabinets is that the philosophy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it sounds like a good idea because you know, if it works for the consumer. I mean to me, like I've stopped going as a stores that I know, or I've stopped buying things that those stores that I know are locked up. So if I knew that, Oh, I can walk into the CBS. I've got the app on my phone, yet little headache to log in and sign up and all that stuff. But at the same time, if I can do that, I know I can go into that store, it might actually be a better process because I know I can walk straight to that aisle, grab what I need, unlock the case, grab what I need, and get out of there without waiting for someone. So it might actually be a good thing for sales. But balancing the idea that people just apparently steal everything they can get their hands on at these stores, yeah.
Speaker 1: And waiting for someone in this day and age, when they keep a skeleton staff no matter what, and you're waiting for a clerk who the last thing the clerk wants to do is come over there and open the case and then relock it. Or you're looking at it. I don't think, so put it back in.
Speaker 3: Right, you feel guilty now once they bring it over, like once they open the case. You know, if you're buying like shampoo or deodorant, whatever it is. You know, people like to linger, they like to look at the labels, they like to smell it. But you can't do any of that when the person comes over. It's like this pressure of like, okay, let me just choose. Well, just take that one, and you run out of there, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, Rich, we don't talk about the super Bowl, and uh yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: We gonna watch the super Bowl and Chiefs are probably going to win, and or they're not going to win.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're done now.
Speaker 1: The reason I am switching gears is during the break, Neil was talking about a segment that you were talking about on your show this past weekend about this new trailer, uh, an electric trailer, and he got so excited about, well he's been so excited about he wanted to talk about it, and I go, okay, so what's tell me about it? Because this is new stuff, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really really cool. So this got a lot of publicity. A couple of years ago, they came out with the video that showed off some of the features. But now I actually went up to Fremont, California, up near San Francisco to actually try this thing out. So it's called the Pebble Flow and it's a it's a high tech RV, so it's it's been reinvented from the ground up. It's all electric. A lot of guys from Tesla and SpaceX and Rivian and NASA, those are the people that are building this thing. And basically the guy who started it told me like, hey, you know, I really during the pandemic, I really wanted to start rving, but it was a pain to back this thing up, all the considerations you had to have, and he said, so there has to be a better way to get r ving to a new generation of people like myself that are smartphone centric. And so I think the neatest feature, besides all the you know, the fact that this thing looks really nice, the neatest feature bill is that you take an iPad. This thing is in your driveway or on the street, and you use the iPad to drive it around, like to a parking spot. So it's not like driving, per se.
Speaker 2: But it's moving.
Speaker 3: So you can spin it around three hundred and sixty.
Speaker 1: It moves on it and I'm looking at it. It's gorgeous. But does it it moves on.
Speaker 3: Its own, Yes, it moves on its own. It's wild. You you literally control it with an iPad app. And so when I first they said here, take the controller. They didn't tell me how to do it. They just said try it. And so I'd start putting my hands on the iPad. And when you start seeing this thing move, this giant you know, six thousand pounds RV, your brain thinks, oh, this thing's just going to roll down the street, right because you've never seen it unhitched moving. And sure enough, you stop. You take your hand off the iPad, it stops moving. You rotate it around, it stops moving. I mean, it's such a cool feature that that alone is enough to make a lot of people. You know, Okay, I can move over this thing into my parking lot now or my campsite, but it keeps going. So you've got this magic hitch feature, which means you put the thing near your car, the hitch on the back of your car, and it will find the hitch and hitch itself just like you know the guy who worked on the Space station. That's who worked on this seriously. And then it's got this other feature where it automatically levels itself out once it gets to your camp site. You don't have to figure out how to make it level. You just tap a button and it will figure out the ground, where to put the things up and down whatever you need to do. Really cool and by the way, all electrics, so you can use it as a ADU if you want in your driveway, I mean obviously check your local regional laws or whatever. You could use it as a mobile office. You can use it to charge your EV because it's got a big battery and solar on the top. Price tag over one hundred thousand dollars for this Pebble Flow.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful and I'm looking at a video of it.
Speaker 1: And now do you need a super car to.
Speaker 2: Tow it or can you do it with an SUV for example?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should be able to. And that's the other feature that it has built into It actually has its own electric motor in it, so we try driving it with the motor on and off. So when you have the motor on it actually helps propel your car forward, so it's using The idea is that a lot of people might be using EV's, like the kind of people that might buy this might also have an EV, so you know, if you're trailing something behind your EV, you're going to use a ton of energy. So this actually will propel itself to save the energy from your car. They say, I think they said, you get about double the mileage that you would typically get if you weren't if you weren't propelled.
Speaker 2: That's run.
Speaker 1: And are they selling you or what sizes do they come in? That's the first question.
Speaker 3: So it's one size right now, and it's you know, they put a lot of thoughtful features into it. It's got a nice big kitchen. It's got a sleeping area, another sleeping area, kind of a pull out bed like a Murphy bed that turns into an office area. It's got, you know, like I said, a ton of storage. Oh the other thing that's cool are the glass. The glass on this thing has an electrostatic feature so that you tap a button on it and the glass goes frosted, and then you tap the button again and the glass goes clear. So in the bathroom. It's got that and also on the other windows, so one size right now. They're hoping, you know, in the future to make different sizes. But this thing is a startup, you know, they got to get off the ground. They got to get people interested and actually purchasing this thing and proving that they can, you know, make this thing better over times.
Speaker 2: Absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see why I kneel that all excited about that, But I buy one a you know, i'd rent one first, but they're probably not for rent. All right, really quickly, let's talk about the super Bowl coming up and how you can watch it in four K this year for free. First question is why, I mean, is there a big difference? And two, how do you watch it for free? Because I assume it's going to cost you money otherwise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean you could watch it, you know, obviously over the air, but this is the first time they're going to be streaming it in four K for free. You got to get the two V app t U b I. This is Fox's free, free ad supported streaming service. But the trick is, even if you have the app, you still have to have two things to watch this in four K You have to have a four K enabled TV, which duh, I mean if you're gonna be watching it in four K. But you also have to have a four K enabled streaming device that's a Roku, that's a Fire TV stick or a Fire TV device, an Apple TV or an Android TV that runs Google. All of those have to be four K. Plus your TV has to be four K. Those two things for this to line up and give you four K F for free on the Super Bowl. The other thing bill is to be Typically you can download the app and just start watching for the Super Bowl game. They of course got smart and said no, we want to collect a lot of email addresses, so you do have to sign in with your email address. It's still free, but my advice is to do this now. Don't wait until people come over to your house to set this up. Download it now, sign up now. Make sure you're ready to go for the big game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you going to be watching?
Speaker 3: Of course I'm rooting for the Chiefs because of you know, Taylor Swift and my wife.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know what, I wouldn't admit that, Cono cut that out? Would you? For the when we do?
Speaker 3: Are we going to use the dump button on making we already.
Speaker 1: We already have rich. You don't you don't want any of that. All right, we'll catch you this weekend. Congratulations on New York, by the way, and we'll see you next. We'll see you next Tuesday.