Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, everybody, Oldah Oldah goes Yes, if.
Speaker 2: Someone Gary Carter, you do missus Wiley.
Speaker 1: Uh, it is a big week. I got a text from Marty Polio this weekend. Might be talking to him, Okay, yes, might be doing some stuff. It is the story of the week. There's it's not even close. I think this is bigger than Derby and everything else is. Everyone is talking about it. They you are connected in j CPS in some way. Your sister in law, Dwight, sister and lower works there started today. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Well, well my nephew started today.
Speaker 1: Old County Yeah, Olda County. Yes, it's exactly right. We're all connected to j CPS in some way. Like there's not one person I'll think of touches in Louisville. And it's the biggest story everyone's talking about.
Speaker 2: And I happen to be the Jefferson County Public School bus route supervisor and we're the perfect person interview second year. I think I had great job last and spokesperson. Yes, right, yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: We know they as we were just talking about in the story, they're saying it could be if this judge goes ahead and agrees to this temporary restraining order.
Speaker 4: There's two comments that have come out from JCPS.
Speaker 3: One, they said that it could delay the start of school until November while they sort out all the legal issues. In two, the and doctor Polio walked this one back outside the courtroom, but one of the official JCPS officials inside the courtroom under oath said it would be catastrophic if it were delayed.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I hope it doesn't bring the education level down.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, that's these parents are trying to do watch best for their kid.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: But the whole of oh it's okay for other kids, not my kid.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's you know, if they're going to have to cut back to have quebec, let's regardless. It's all going to go down Thursday. Well if okay, so we're going to see how it goes. I remember I joked, I said, should we do the show from a school on Thursday, interview parents as they're coming off this, uh, coming out of the carpool lane and everything else. It is a huge adjustment for everybody and they have to completely adjust your schedule for the day to get your kids back.
Speaker 2: I've got that whole five hundred foot radius thing.
Speaker 1: That's right, you might have to.
Speaker 3: I think you're if this temporary restraining order is allowed to go through, I think your prediction of what's going to happen will probably be spent up. And that's just no busting for anybody except what's required by the American You got some.
Speaker 2: Crap on your shirt right here?
Speaker 1: No, no, on the left side, beautiful star. That's a beautiful Oh that's a Dallas cowboy symbol.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a blue dress.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's happening this week. We'll keep you up on everything that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: What I've getting all kinds thanks to our listeners. They're using they're using the hell out of rugby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's perfect, it's perfect. It really is too much.
Speaker 2: I can tello much.
Speaker 3: I can tell all my neighbors that listen to the show because I've started hearing rugby from them, joking about stuff.
Speaker 2: People are hitting on social media page constantly with that's the most pressed that the sport of rugby has gotten ever.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess, Dwight, Yes, I'm going to guess. There are two Olympic stories, okay that you have at the top of your list.
Speaker 2: You cannot see. I can let me get my dingy out and I'll let you know if you're right.
Speaker 1: Okay, the French pole vaulter, it's on there, baby, that's that's that's Numero uno, the Chinese synchronized divers.
Speaker 2: That's it. Long wan, baby, I know my friend, I know my friends. I know my friend. You may start with the French. There's a French pole vaulter and he clears the pole. I believe he's gonna medal too.
Speaker 1: Over the side.
Speaker 2: He's over the side yet, I mean he us a medical term here. His weier hits, hits the poll and knocks it down.
Speaker 1: Have David, have you not seen vide have not seen the video? I just watched CBS Sunday Mornings and they're laughing because they're not showing the actual.
Speaker 2: Wienerno the show? Why not show it? I mean, by the way, wow, okay, okay, but listen, probably had a good night in the village. I got a hot take on this, all right, get ready, Sure he's out and can't meddle. But with that said, how many famous pole vaulters can you name in the next ten seconds?
Speaker 5: And go.
Speaker 2: There you go? Now let's say okay, now, let's spend this. Let's say you're in a bar and you're trying. I don't see gender, so I'll just say, thank you so much. You're trying to pick up a non gender specific bar patron. What's more impressive? Ib famous pole vaulter? Or you know when I was Poe voltering, my wiener was so big it knocked the pole down? What's his pickup line? So I'm a poll walter, would you like to be one? Two? Now? But seriously, this guy will forever be known.
Speaker 1: This life has changed.
Speaker 2: You probably do not recognize me.
Speaker 1: One moment and it is I don't know where this will lead to him. If the hawk twoy girl is now a sensation, this guy is going to be.
Speaker 2: Adult film off. Yeah that's what I was thinking. I would think. So it could be above board places like rectoutis function or oh, just Jacques. You might have known me for my wer knockett him to pull off? All right.
Speaker 1: So the other one was the Chinese synchronized divers, which so that you need two people synchronized together and Dwight what was their names?
Speaker 2: Long Wang? I do want to say my wife was also a diver a competitive diver in college and swimmer. Yeah, and she has been a big fan of Long Wang for years. There you go.
Speaker 1: The third story from me, she knows where to find it is.
Speaker 6: Uh is.
Speaker 1: Our entire American female ping pong table tennis team is made up of Asians. So we beat the Chinese in the gold medal to take the gold medal. So our Asians are better than your.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by that's right. Yes, Now let's have a spelling bee stick that poop latter. Oh boy.
Speaker 1: The fourth story I have is if you didn't watch the one of the biggies that everyone likes to tune into is the fastest man in the world.
Speaker 2: Uh. And that's the one hundred meter dash. So would you rather date the pole vaulture or the fastest man in the world. Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, wait a minute, who are you asking us? We're not going either one of them. I don't know what your players. So the Olympic fastest man in the world. Did you see the race? It is the deepest Uh stop it it's Ryan Gosling now by the way, okay, so the last place finisher in this race was faster than Carl Lewis.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I am Carli and by the way, they're all in one line like they finished at the finish line together. And the only reason he won isca.
Speaker 2: Leader. Is it true? Has winner crossed the line before? Well?
Speaker 4: This race was the definition of photo finish.
Speaker 1: It was crazy finishing.
Speaker 7: Won by five thousand of a second rugby, he won by a helmet five thousands of a second is how fast it was. He actually thought he was second.
Speaker 1: Place, literally five hundred thousands of It's crazy. So his forehead he leans forward. So they coached that a lot of people were putting that picture and going we coached this from day one. At the end, just push your head forward and sometimes if you're did he But the thing is they were all in a line, like all these nine to ten guys were pretty much dead even going into the race, and they were all the way down and he leaned forward in the end.
Speaker 2: That's he won.
Speaker 4: He's the first time Olympia.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: How much longer are the Mental Olympics or the Mental Illness?
Speaker 4: Can they wrap up this week?
Speaker 2: Lendsay Olympic Games? The eleventh I think you mean the Special Olympics. No, the no, the Olympics?
Speaker 4: How the twelfth?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know it's the twelfth. They haven't even started the break dancing yet.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so it's only the fifth now.
Speaker 4: Seven more days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saving the best for last awesome.
Speaker 3: No, and we leave the metal count now in gold. We are over China.
Speaker 2: No yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: So all right, so let's go to why the Internet sucks?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let me count the reason number twelve thousand and seventy five thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kid.
Speaker 1: Let me count the way Susan Sweeney Crumb had to take the close down. Yeah, because the Internet is exhausting. She posted that Denny's headstone was made overseas and it was the boat was attacked by pirates.
Speaker 2: All right, What I actually happened was I don't think she said anything to anybody, but the word got out and someone from WDRB contacted her and said, hey, Susan, you mind if we do this story and with a good heart. She's such a wonderful woman, she's an amazing woman, She's a Sweeny Crumb. She goes that, yeah, whatever, I sure fine, you know, and then they do it. And as soon as wdr B starts posting it, people start dumping all over this poor woman. That just lost her husband. Yeah, I know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why the internet reason one trillion four.
Speaker 2: I knew it sucked. I knew it was horrible, but then when I when I saw what was going down with Susan Sweeney Crumb, I was like, man, this is It's good. I'm getting close.
Speaker 1: I gotta ADMN. It's It's time consuming for me because I just like to flip through and make fun of people. Sorry, but I flipped through and make fun of people. But at some point you are going to they have jumped the shark for me, and I'm like, this isn't worth it. Dave is much happier than us, and he's not on Facebook at us.
Speaker 2: I think that's I don't do ex Twitter, Facebook, nothing. What about my only fans page? Are you still on there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Becky is okay?
Speaker 1: Oh great, that's a great line.
Speaker 2: Mine's different. On my only fans page, people pay me to put clothes back. It's a unique business model. Do I thank you? How you catching your rabbit? It was still bad? How unique up on it? How to catch a tame one?
Speaker 6: How tame way?
Speaker 1: And also breaking late breaking news in a news dump and I don't know who chose to do that. If it was UK and Eli Capelluto, which is the president of UK, smart move UK football has to vacate all of last year's wins.
Speaker 4: They actually that story.
Speaker 3: Actually Mark Stoops is up there doing the media day and right after he steps off the podium, that's when that story breaks.
Speaker 1: Why did he why did he go crazy? On Friday?
Speaker 4: Then that's when they made their decision.
Speaker 1: MAB I didn't hear anything about it until Friday, right It almost it almost personally sounds like they just waited until media day to pop this on UK.
Speaker 4: I mean it's also the swimming team as well.
Speaker 2: I know that's going to take away records. I guess someone was the running back that broke UK records or whatever. But just like U of L getting their banner taken down, is it really that big of a deal because you still went through the thrill of the season. UFL fans still got to go through the thrill of the championship. You know what I'm saying, Like, if I could win a championship and they go, okay, we're vacating, Okay, we already had fun and party.
Speaker 3: And it also vacates the bowl game against Iowa.
Speaker 2: But it happened and everybody saw it. Yeah right, that's you still got the ride.
Speaker 1: Look, it's not crazy violations, but big enough that they vacated every time everyone. I don't know if you have to give money back that they had.
Speaker 2: You get penalized for paying players, which is perfectly legal. Now that's what That's what I was getting ready, say Dave. This is kind of equivalent of someone getting arrested and doing jail time for marijuana and then the state flips and make a recreational there you're sitting in prison going whoa. Now.
Speaker 3: The twist of the story was is the kids that were supposed to be working at UK Medical were getting paid, but they did not show up for the jobs.
Speaker 4: So that's part of the problem.
Speaker 1: Too, worked in the same spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was no show jobs that they were getting paid for.
Speaker 2: That's been college athletics for a long time.
Speaker 1: There's no show Johnson. Why do I'm Jones show?
Speaker 2: No show Johnson.
Speaker 1: He was not in the poll ball, he was not Take fifty cents out that's a dollar. Sorry, I'll give you a dollar out. Uh, here's why I take it's sec football was just UK's turn. Next year it'll be Ole Miss the other another year it'll be l s U.
Speaker 3: It's just but let me ask this show of hands, how many people were surprised it was football and not basketball, because usually basketball at Kentucky it's all the attention. The football just kind of slides under the radar and all of a sudden, here's the football TV. All this kind of more though.
Speaker 2: I mean they've been showing out Commonwealth. At least Alabama che did in won titles.
Speaker 1: Sorry, here's the other take that you don't understand is that, yeah they do, but UK and basketball are they're important, you can't. Football is not. It's there at the bottom, so they don't care that they hammer them. We got to hit someone. Football, go ahead, whatever, that's what it is. And I can't as a Louisville fan talk too much because Kentucky's been six years in a row or something crazy.
Speaker 2: But that seven if you count. The TBT is basically the NFL, though it is now because Texas and Oklahoma's joined, and you're like, good luck.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not good news for Kentucky. I know it's going to make more money, which the fans want to pound their chest about more money.
Speaker 2: It's like, how as a fan, I don't go we took a lot, but look at that gross revenue against Tennessee. You know, I mean that's not a stat And you don't go home and you celebrate twenty five thousand dollars at beer sales.
Speaker 4: Well that'd be little.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna do the joke of today. But I'll tease a question.
Speaker 2: You may okay, you may do this.
Speaker 1: Then you may think about the bread I have to do in the bridge.
Speaker 2: Do it this way, then, question?
Speaker 1: You have to close your eyes. Yeah, oh so you have to long your face out and go question.
Speaker 2: I can't look at you. Oh uh.
Speaker 1: The biggest rock band in America in twenty twenty four is question mark and statement. Question, not statement, but question. The biggest rock band in America in twenty twenty four is Wow. And then after I will give you the break, none of you will get it.
Speaker 2: Wait, what are the metrics on this?
Speaker 1: The metrics are the number of sold albums and uh.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four. Then I'll never get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, you're going to be surprised.
Speaker 2: Oh well, do I know him?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's classic rock. Oh wow, okay, Oh it is. It's classic rock.
Speaker 2: Okay, is going to answer for you? Now? Is it fifth by friend Saxon? Oh? I mean yeah, I mean that was yeah. Next question, that.
Speaker 1: Is an incorrect answers.
Speaker 2: This is flawed, Dad, push it. Oh, I'm sorry. What did you say? The teacher slod it's flawed data. That's it's fuzzy man.
Speaker 1: You can go ahead and take a hall pass. Get down. The principals off.
Speaker 2: Another Rolling Stones had a new album out this year. Yeah, I know, but I believe some of your figures may have been inaccurate.
Speaker 1: Thank you, former President Bush, fuzzy math, thank.
Speaker 2: You you got fuzzy. You know what else is fuzzy?
Speaker 1: No, thank you, miss much.
Speaker 2: Barbara. Stop, she's a fuzzy woman. Stop she was. Everybody would cut it up to her to stay warm into winter. That's enough, President. Oh, here we go, mama joke Monday. Okay, I look forward to these. Let's go, here we go.
Speaker 1: We're not supposed to jump the joke. I know, we're supposed to take our time.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Okay, Hey fellas, Hey, hey man, mister Whitten, your mama is so fat? Hey, how fat is my mama, Your mama is so fat. When she fell, nobody was laughing, but the ground was cracking up as you joke in the day in August fifth, two thousand and all the water in the hot tub came out. Oh that's right, Southern Comfort hot tub, baby, join us this Friday. This Friday, we're taking the show live to Southern Comfort hot tubs. Seventy five oh one pressing highway. Hot tubs as low as fifty percent off. Did you hear that? Fifty percent off on hot tubs? Plus they have twelve months same as cash. Over one hundred tubs ready for immediate immediate delivery. Other guys, have you waiting for weeks and weeks and weeks. Get your hot tub now, get your family enjoying it as a vacation right there in your own backyard. Thank you, ken't afford one. Thank you again. Friends. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month. There you go, seventy five oh one press it highway falls coming baby, get your Southern covered hot tub today. Stick around, going to find out what Courtney Donahoe says about our money out of here is going to be really, really bad, bad. And then George Temporary perks us up on the Bobby the Hour, and Tony Vinetti's band News It's all on the way news ready to eight forty whas all right news Rady eight forty whs. Make sure you stick around because at the bottom of the hour after news not only would have George Timmering, but Tony Vinetti told me who the band is, I would have never guessed and I'm still blown away. You gotta hear what this is. Let me read your tweet real quick. This from wdrb's Dalton Godbee. It says, as of yesterday, I've now had two cars stolen from me within three years. Both times vehicles were locked and these criminals busted my windows and ripped out the ignition. This is unaccessible, unacceptable. Worst of all, they stole my damn Shady Rays right out of the case. Listen up, though, here tave your lightning. Listen up though Dawton got me from WDRB. I feel better on and all of a sudden, I feel better. But listen, if your Shady Rays are broken, stolen, stolen with your car scratch, whatever shady rais is going to replace them, Folks. I absolutely love my Shady Rays. I wear them every single day, even when it's cloudy and rainy. Why would I do that? Well, it's because I wear the color Rush. Color Rush makes all of the colors just more bright and vibrant. The yellow lines on the road, they just pop even on a cloudy day. If you're a golfer, check out the green Wolf series used code w hgs for fifty percent off two or more pair. And if you lose them, scratch them, break them. If they're stolen. Dalton godbeat, they replace him Shady Raised in the Oxmoor Center or Shady rais dot com as I go to, Well, that's good information, Ryan Gosling. Now it's a good information. Hey Courtney, how was your weekend? Oh?
Speaker 8: Good, good, weekend was nice. It's looking gunkley here though on Wall Street. Me busy this morning.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing futures were nine hundred points down.
Speaker 8: Oh more than that, I mean we were a down. The Dow was down like thirteen hundred points earlier today, Tech heavy nastak down more than five percent right now, Okay, how.
Speaker 1: Much does this have to do with what's the rich guy up north that bottle the trains? Frank he sold half his applestock.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, I'm just Warren Buffins with the train like the tra Oh is he talking about that?
Speaker 1: He bought all of the trains and trade drags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other one that drives by that concrete broad in New York. Yes.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the thing about Warren. Warren Buffett's investing strategy is that he only invests in things that he really understands. And it actually took him a long time to go and invest in companies that are tech based, one of them being Apple and taking a look at that, see what happened is he goes in and he decides to sell half of his steak in Apple, so fifty. So now everybody's like, ooh, is Apple a growth story anymore? They don't know. But the thing is, when you look at his position and how much he's invested in Apple, some people are saying, you gotta stay calm when it comes to this, because he still has eighty four billion dollars invested in it. I mean it's down from one hundred and forty billion dollars. But the reason is he's going in and he's just trying to take some profits off this.
Speaker 2: Okay, real quick, Yeah, Warren Buffett age. How old is he? Old? Three years old? The guy's nine three years old. Warren Buffett net worth one hundred and thirty four point six billion dollars. Still playing with trains are well, you're ninety three, you're a billion times over, a you know, a billionaire, a hundred times over. What are you doing? What do you mean?
Speaker 8: But he loves this, He loves investing. And when you when you think about when he first bought his he first bought shares an Apple in twenty sixteen, think about how much he's made on this. The shares have jumped almost nine hundred oh since so his investment, he's made a lot of money off this.
Speaker 2: Hey, I couldn't have noticed that your sister likes apple stock to use Apple products.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh, but he's famous for living in the same house he's owned, for wearing the same button dow like while Dwight used to what used to dress when he was in sales awful, this is the way he dresses like. He doesn't buy new clothes.
Speaker 8: He goes he goes to this Hamburger place and that's really all heats. I mean, it was funny. I went to Uh, I went to Omaha, Nebraska, and I went to go see the house. Now, the house, I have to tell you, My house, I think is almost as big.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 5: He doesn't, he doesn't, he doesn't wear But it was funny there was a bullhorn because I pull up and I'm sitting at the kind of on the side of the house, on the opposite side of the street.
Speaker 8: Now again, there's a whole bunch of houses around. It's not like he's back behind any sort of gates, but all of a sudden, over the bullhorn. Please keep moving, please keep moving.
Speaker 2: Yes he has security. Yeah, this house is not big at all.
Speaker 9: No, it's tiny.
Speaker 2: It's it's literally a tiny Where.
Speaker 1: Are we down?
Speaker 2: Hey, now, before before we get to the report, if you got nothing better today, you want to play pole Walter with me?
Speaker 1: Alrighty, he's referencing the French pole.
Speaker 2: That's what you Walter was great? Of course you thought so.
Speaker 8: Between the pole vaulter and the Turkish shooting guy, I'm like, you've made my Olympics.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: If you could combine Warren Buffett with the pole vaulter Courtney, you'd have something.
Speaker 8: You really make it. For a business reporter, right here.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 8: Another reason also why we're seeing the markets is a lot of people are saying anxiety is rising about the economy, and the Federal Serve is facing a lot of criticism that it waited just too long to cut rates, and some people are saying, well, the Fed might step in a little bit early before September and cut rates. So we are seeing at the open the down down eleven hundred points, the s and five hundred falling four point two percent. The tech having Nastac leading the losses in video is one of them that's just getting killed today. It's down five point nine per training with the news radio eight forty w h a s. Bloomberg Money Report, I'm cording to Donahoe.
Speaker 10: When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a baron No. If your watch really loud, drown are out in a crowd.
Speaker 2: At baron No.
Speaker 10: Pizza, Pizza, Pizza, Weep, Pizza, Pizza walp Pizza, Pizza Way, Pizza, Pizza Heat. That's been no.
Speaker 1: It's always a classic, and it's plays out at Barnos stores all over the city. And that means George Cherry's with it.
Speaker 2: George by the way. I told you, I don't know how many times over the years I've emailed you you can use my singing in your commercial. I promise you, I don't mind. I'm not gonna charge you.
Speaker 11: No, I'm just worried you might start doing other people's commercial.
Speaker 2: Sta it's my pizza dealer, George tammering, constantly doing good for the neighborhood. But finally yet another award. Oh my gosh, this is four in a row on this one. But I talk about what just happened for four years straight.
Speaker 11: Well, they announced a couple of weeks ago, they had a ceremony, and we have won the Official Community's Choice Awards for the fourth year in a row. Is best Pete.
Speaker 2: There we go, Baby, Hey, I'm gonna chase the squirrel for one second, just because we tease this and I want you involved in it. Tony teased the story about most rock albums sold. Let's see if we can crack this case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, okay, the most awesomely bizarre case of classic band that's bigger than even than anything right now, without any really, no one's noticed. They haven't done any press for it. There hasn't been any pr for this issue. But the greatest hit collection chronicle from Creon's career, no CCR has been on the charts so much. It's higher than anything by the Beatles, the Stones, Zeppelin, Queen. It is crazy with no star star power involved, I tell you, with no Freddie Mercury, no no any no charisma, nothing please, Yeah, just four anonymous flannel dudes. Well, a bunch of perfect guitar songs.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't like the band, yes, I like them.
Speaker 11: I do too, you and their Child and the Black Keys, I like both fans.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get back to the twenty twenty four Community's Choice Awards, four years in a row. But the also they're constantly how many how many wars have you got? Leo only get Best of Louisville. Yeah, you don't have many.
Speaker 11: It's you don't know, the thirties or twenty thirties or something. Yeah, crazy like that. So but it's it's nice recognition. You know, we have a lot of hard working owners, franchisees, employees that have been with us a long time, and it just kind of puts in a perspective. They do a great job every day.
Speaker 1: Look, it's the pizza wars. They've been going on for decades in this town. I mean it doesn't stop, and it doesn't stop. It is nothing like if you were just like, oh, that pizza joint one how many years in a row? No, man, you got other pizza joints and all of them tasted unique. Like if you saw a piece of bear nos, you be like, that's what it is, and it's all They're all unique tasting.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they are? George? How do you catch a unique pizza pizza in your mouth?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Unique? Up on it? Do you all get along, man, George?
Speaker 1: The other pizza.
Speaker 2: Well, the other brands?
Speaker 11: Yes and no. I mean there's a lot of competition, but I mean we see each other at food shows or different things that you know. Las Vegas is the pizza show every year, so I'll run into people there, and you know, you try to be friendly.
Speaker 2: How many pieces okay, how many pieces of pizza? The mascots are out there walking around like a facehoging?
Speaker 1: Hey, but you won't catch an owner of one of those. Michael Wickliffs isn't walking in on a Saturday. If you saw him in your place, you'd be like, Hey, what's what's going on there.
Speaker 11: He came in to buy the bridge one time late night with a bunch of people party and we had a band and he came in and I shook hands with him, talk to him for a while. But no, I haven't seen him. I have been late night on Baxter Avenue a couple of times in which okay, all right and so but but yeah, it was very late, like four in the morning. None of our stories.
Speaker 2: It was with friends and no one.
Speaker 11: Look that night is thank god I found my wife. Eventually. I was a single guy. I was talking to some girl. I was trying to ask her dumber and she turned around to me at Wicks and said, look, buddy, I'm living with somebody. And if I wasn't living with somebody, you're still too.
Speaker 2: Old, you know. So I never went back to Wicks again.
Speaker 11: You know, I was about to start frequenting Jim Porters and then somebody set me up with my wife.
Speaker 2: For a reason. How do you go from from you because you got a degree in law from Vanderbilt hell of a degree Helot School. How do you go from having a degree to be an attorney to owning a vast pizza empire?
Speaker 11: You know, I literally and figured he could not pass the bar. So, uh, so I got involved with the Gold Nugget and I got together my partner's Joe Starr, Rob Mooney, and uh, kind of the rest is history.
Speaker 2: So yeah, isn't it true that the reason you used the name Baronos? And if I'm off on this, let me know. But wasn't there already a sign that said that or something to a fact?
Speaker 11: So how and Kenny Mooney started Barono's? Okay, How's wife Linda, the Lovely Mama Bears that's still with this. She had gotten a little inheritance, so how took that inheritance to buy this restaurant equipment that was called Bear Knows And they were going to, uh, they were going to change the sign and I don't know they're gonna call it Mooney Pizza or what they were gonna call it. But when they found out the sign was gonna be over five thousand dollars, they said, we'll stick with barons and keep it going.
Speaker 2: So was the name of the equipment place the restaurant. There was a restaurant a pizza.
Speaker 11: Joy was not a pizza.
Speaker 1: But what I don't think people understand because anytime someone a friend of mine says, oh, we're opening a restaurant. I was like, yeah, okay, suckers, Uh, it's hard work.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen you in there on Sunday mornings or like there's a game at U of L and you're in there on Sunday afternoon and I see you at there if there's two or three in the morning. I see you there in the afternoon at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Every combat there making pizzas.
Speaker 1: You've owned this these franchises for a long time, but you're back there with an apron on making pizzas, and the money issues and the employees of hiring and firing and all that is an insane job. But you you have to love it to put that can of hours into owning your own pizza joint.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, And like I said, we have a lot of great franchisees and great partners Joe sty Rob Money and just a lot of people have put in a lot of time, treasure and talent and it is the only I think, the only reason Veren knows is where it is is because of the ownership presence in so many of the locations. So there's odds are on Friday, Saturday night there's an owner in the kitchen doing something out on the floor, and that's that's the difference.
Speaker 1: This is gonna because I see Mooney, Yeah, I see those guys on the floor or taking orders where I popped in the one at on by Polman and he's taken orders on the phone.
Speaker 11: Oh absolutely, And and you know you got to stay on top of it and and uh yeah, I mean it's that they protect the brand, they protect the product, and they make sure that the stor's stores open and stays open as long as it's supposed.
Speaker 2: But to Tony's point, I'll see you after a concert, okay, and you'll be back there. It'll be midnight, you're still working. Very next day you're going in because you'll have an event. What what's your wife say? Happy? Could have two ways in one way, but you know what, maybe it's keeping the marriage together because my absence makes the mar everything. But but it's got to get it's got to wear on her too though, right.
Speaker 11: Oh no, no, the yes, it's part of being a family. But you know I always told her, Hey, I was doing this before we got married, and you know you are, which you know would you like to do? But I I thoroughly enjoyed it, like I love being downtown our each lord, Barono's in market meeting people, met the VFW guys last oh yeah, to hang out. And now we.
Speaker 2: Got legs legislators, legislators.
Speaker 11: I talked to some Democrats last night and they were very nice and they were wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Brandma, tell them to come on the show.
Speaker 11: They are very reasonable people and they enjoyed pizza and barons right off. All the Republicans say something like the Republicans and see Barone's Pizza is the Great United.
Speaker 2: They want to talk to you. Bring them on.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter what party you're in. We will sell you pizza.
Speaker 2: Because you know why everybody loves a pizza party. They're the They're the pizza party. Listen, congratulations for in a row on multiple multiple wins. On top of that, man, I mean.
Speaker 11: And well, we're excited and got some things come in, new products coming out. We'll come back in a month or so and let you all know about all that.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Hey, George, thank you and keep doing good for the neighborhood. You and all the Baronos owners. George Tammering, Barono's pizza Louisville's Pizza Baby. Hey, guys, let me ask you a question. How was your How was your weekend? Did you get to take your loved one to the boom boom room and get some action or did your little guy let you down again? Folks, you know what I'm talking about. Erectile dysfunction. Guys, Drop the ego, drop the embarrassment. Just get the issue corrected. And when you do, get it corrected with the best, and the best is try State Men's Health. Try State Men's Health. Why do I say that they have a ninety percent six Did you hear that ninety percent success rate? When it comes to treating ed, Here's how your appointment's gonna go down. It's ninety nine dollars, but man, is it worth it. You're gonna get lab work done. You'll sit down with a licensed medical professional. They're gonna go over all of your numbers, your testosterony PSA, the works, and then you'll get a test dose. If the test dose doesn't work, you're ninety nine dollars refunded. Just like that. If it does work, just apply to the ninety nine dollars towards your plan. If you decide to join. It's risk free, get your love life back, get your confidence back. Do it my friends at Try Statement's go to try statemenshealth dot com. We're talking some Hollywood stories and some movies when we return at the top of the hour after news, It's all on the Way. Tote Veneti, Dwight Whitt, and Dave Jennings News Radio eight forty WHS