Speaker 1: Y'all a mus and Andy.
Speaker 2: As we go over to the home of the George Kingfish Stevens, we find that they're having a very trying day. Sapphire is trying to get some money from her husband and the Kingfish is trying to discourage it. It seems the Sapphire is sadly in need of some new clothes.
Speaker 3: Joe, I gotta have some new clothes.
Speaker 2: Horsed up being stronger than you realize. Now here just our clothes alone, you spend eleven dollars.
Speaker 3: Eleven dollars, So I'm walk into a meet next. Women's are very I'm ashamed. I'm the worst looking one there.
Speaker 2: Now, well, why don't you go to the beauty shop and get a fish that literally all over?
Speaker 3: I ain't talking about that. I'm talking about clothes that's happened.
Speaker 1: Put my house work.
Speaker 3: I worked like a dog at Women's aun Jilsey and I got to go down almost every day. That's tend a meeting.
Speaker 2: Well, I got thirty five dollars in my pocket that I gotta pay run with. I can give you at the bars and clothes, but if you get the clothes, you ain't gonna have no place to hang on, I know that merch.
Speaker 3: Listen, George, I want to have some accessories or something. Other women have pocket books to match that shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what do you want with crack patton letter? The pocket book? Now?
Speaker 1: Hey, why do you want to drive joke?
Speaker 2: Every woman likes cloth? Well, now, somebody bought you a two piece for it?
Speaker 3: That was just two piece boat out there?
Speaker 1: What should I do with.
Speaker 3: A past cash?
Speaker 2: Shoes up the towns? Can't you get on the yard? And it?
Speaker 3: I thing you bought me in the last year was a past flash that was al too short.
Speaker 2: Fun well, they were supposed to be short. It was called peddlers.
Speaker 3: And I gotta tell you bought him problem too?
Speaker 2: Well, they're gonna use arg if other ain't gonna buy nothing until I get more money coming in. I go into the office now reading a congressman.
Speaker 3: N't your congressman? You don't read HI five times?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna increase your unemployment check?
Speaker 4: Was what you buy?
Speaker 2: Nothing that you do, it'll be over my dead body.
Speaker 3: And that wouldn't be a bad idea.
Speaker 5: Neither, Come in, king fish, come in.
Speaker 2: We heldo on. Henry has run to a crip.
Speaker 5: Is that shaw what's the matter?
Speaker 2: Oh me in the way of her argument? This morning, she wanted to buy some clothes and the sesslers and stuff, and I told her she couldn't do it. So I went back home a few minutes ago, and I found this package on the hall table. I hope didn't she done bought an alligator pocket book. All right, the way women waste money at sus the case the grust migla Jack. Well, it's worse than death. I take it back to the store, but I don't know where stores come from. But I ain't gonna let her keep. But I know that was. Yes, women's clothes is fight expensive. My wife went out and bought a pink stocking slip for twelve dollars. Twelve dollars. Yes, imagine spending twelve dollars for something that she's always afraid is gonna be showing you got trouble with your wife too. Huh Oh. Yes, she went out yesterday and bought a batim suit for a ridiculous figure. Yeah, my wife's gone lost her shave too.
Speaker 1: I know where they.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what. I ain't gonna let my way just a baby and no pocketbook or what do you think that is your things?
Speaker 5: Well here, I'm rappid.
Speaker 2: You take a look at the thing here. Well, when it comes to handbags, I ain't no common sure, but if that's real, genuine alligator, it ought to be worth at least five dollars. Wait a minute, our friend hand there's got a new gal that he met last week. I'll sell it to him so we can give it to his gail. I'll play safe and charge him seven bucks. Well, come in and there, I got your phone call and drop over games base. What up?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Uh, I wanna say goodbye to you, old boy. You ain't gonnaee much of me no more. And there it looks like I'm heading for Egypt. Egypt. Yeah, the River Nile alligated country. Wait a minute, you can swim in the Harlem River. Ain't no alligators in there? No, no, you don't understand. And I now import us for the River Nile alligated pocketbook coming there officers in Harlem in Egypt. Uh each here spent six months in Egypt, six months here and six months traveling. See, well, what kind of work you're gonna do? Oh? You import us a genuine alligator pocket But well, I got my first one in the day. Uh yeah, just right there. Oh geez, they that's prattyt h brand new, never been touched by human hands. Only the alligator hands went on the wall. You see those pocket book is the chicest part of his skin. You only get one for alligator. It comes out off the stomach. Sure, huh. You see, alligators got a pouch like a kangaroo. So you just cut the pouch off, put a zipper on it and there you is. Well tell me this king fish. Uh how much is they? Oh? You wouldn't be arrested, nothing like this. This is the latest pocket book cause you ain't got no gare. I don't wanna make crazy about it. Nothing like that. But not a funny part of it is? I is you don't mean to tell me?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is she the wild animal type? Oh? She got a leopard coat? Well? Uh, lefpard alligator getting wrong? Find the boats dead. They gonna love each other. It ain't gonna pike. Uh. How much you want for it? Well, in Egyptian money, theyself for twelve and a half gromedaries appealed. Uh, but the price changes minutes the minutary you see, Well what you think theyself for right now, there's no way of telling him there five hours difference in time over there. Uh, twelve and a half dromedaries of peace. Well, of course there's that hope he the two El Canal and uh then of course the tariff. Uh, then there's the import taxes and the customs do this pretty heaven. But it just happens that the president of the company is over here now, just got in, uh, Prince Allied ben Hogan. Uh he he's skipped all the taxes on you see. It just happened that he had this one in the turbine and he come by playing. He was a pound and a half over with and that's got nine per cents. Actually that's all there. Well, wait a minute, what is the price of the alligator bag the way it is now? Well, if you pick one up in the two Els Canal, it's five dollars nine per cents. Excess weight Egypt tact sales is thirty cents, brings it up to seven dollars. Of course, the government, though, is asking us to be patri or they can make a ten percent flash, so that brings it the seventh seventy there let you add that. Yah, Well, I wanna be patriotic, all right, suh, I ain't got for five dollars for those things. Doesn't need your bud just but you can have it for five Go ahead, oh great, great thing. Just give me the bag. You know what I'm gonna do. I'll give it to my gamp mama to give me a good word.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, give a drop over to you then and look me, ups.
Speaker 2: Did what happens with that taxi? This is on the hall table, young w When I was gonna learn you were left what you knew? I told you this morning that you couldn't buy nothing. So he went out here and went over my head and bought a genuine alligator bag. Now you ain't gonna get away with it. I done tole that alligator bag. Then it for five dollars. Now I let that deal. Letting to you, you big dumma.
Speaker 3: That bag didn't belong to me. It belongs to this William cut stand and to wrap nobody into apartment. And the little man asked me if he could leave it here. Car and a genuine alligator bag cross fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Who lived back? I gotta get that bag back from en eve before he finds out what is worth?
Speaker 3: You get that bag back and I'll break every bone in your hat.
Speaker 2: Oh me trouble with my wife again, always trouble with us. I woulda listened to my folks when I was young, cause I remember my mama then told me when I was in these things.
Speaker 1: My mama then told me all she uh huh a woman, We thought maybe the guy.
Speaker 2: Talking a woman's two face A right, don't worry something? Who leave you the thing? The blue? Who in the.
Speaker 5: Nurry right now?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: Everything started.
Speaker 2: My mama doesn't old.
Speaker 4: I learned the god God.
Speaker 2: Yes, my mama didn't talk.
Speaker 1: Who the who is old? Cleggy de clack, I e going back?
Speaker 2: The blue who?
Speaker 4: The blue in the nurry re breathe a god to be a side and the moon when you get the blues and the nye think my words the marking do the thing aside a kind of side. Know things are wrong and he's like, you know, he's always like.
Speaker 2: I'm not just some more peace from That's it. The same joke.
Speaker 4: Wherever the fore wind blow, I been a comtime. Let me comment. But that is one thing I know.
Speaker 2: One of the two faces or word something you leave you the thing the blues.
Speaker 4: The blue in the night stop the blues on my left, the blues on my right, the blue My mom. I was like, I've got clues.
Speaker 2: Come in kings By. Well I was any just got by a boy of pencil, uh teams and all our importers. We's got to fill out the government form here. Well, here's a pencil. What is the form?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Got it right here there at the top of the United States? You own smuggling alligated divisions. Now the first line, he'll say, name of Kiltre party. Hey, you say the name and uh capital a m day. Wait a minute, did I head the word guilty in their conversion? I see any of the government has on sundered all the addiction alligator bag in this country. I'm going to smuggling, and they want the names of the guilty customers that bought 'em. That's that's why. Well, now wait a minute. There, you was the one that sold me the alligator bag. You was the importer. I was the exporter. But I don't make no difference. Your partners around from one place the other ain't. And when I never put out the rest of the smuggling farm here about your next client stayed prison, name your preference, name your preference. Then, uh, I don't have to put down alcatairs, cause when you get out you can retire. Read in California. You see what they want to be. Well, when is I coming out?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Didn't held little? See the next place you might give you something to work on there, stay here estimated age the man who person's alligator bag at time or he'll relieve had twenty years the person age, Well there you know something ire to get out of town. I don't think you're gonna have time to run away. And then I got into the grape behind that the smuggling department may still rast in the alphabetical law and the fact the alligator cas with aid that put the right top of the left age. I sat there certain things Biger. If ever I get out of this thing, I ain't never gonna buy nothing again. Russ. It's made out of zebra. Well, I love man, you were a pretty good friend of mine. Tell you what I'm gonna do. You give me the bag, I'll give you the five dollars you don't pay me for it, and I'll just tell you the smuggling department that I don't remember who I don't throw the bag. That's what I tell all great things. There's you as a foul. I got the bag here in the drawer here. That's a pretty bad too. Well I have her. Hello, Amos, hollo'd come in close the door quick, Almos? Say how worth to come in? Tacking about ten minutes? It's right in the middle of a big deal. Oh sure, I'll dropped backday that said it didn't looking bag? You got that ready to get it in it? It was smuggled in the gun? Ray, don't say nothing to nobody does don't think the word h smuggle hide? Would you smuggle it in or dropped back in a couple of minutes, Amos? And if you ready to talk to you, then why ay tell us when I get them they have the alligator bag? You ain't it? Well mind your own personal damio. Now Amos is in the middle of a personal prisoness here where you please get out? All right? Ain't I go? But you know any of that bag looks like genuine alligator and if it is, there's selling them in downtown here in New York for fifty dollars. Well, I don't want to tell.
Speaker 1: You the truth.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you the truth. I was always had my cards on the table, would you, But now I'm gonna turn them face up so you can see what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: That bag belongs to the woman that lives upstairs over us, and I gotta get it back to her. I don't believe that's going neither.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take the back over and give it to Mike Gals Mama.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope Carolina's mama's just home. This pocket for gonna get me in solid. Oh then, miss Adams, what you want around here?
Speaker 5: You lazing?
Speaker 2: No good bumps? Missus Adams. I brung your presence. Cheer you, dear boy, thank you a present from me. I'm oh yeah, I admired you. Mom. You see I never had a mama. Mon I come from a very poor family. Andy.
Speaker 5: A loveless bag.
Speaker 2: Oh it's nothing, just a beautiful expensive alligator bucket book. How can I ever repay you? Well, I'll tell you how you can repay me. Mom. What a squizzard bag? Mom, dear, but you mentioned to your daughter that I ain't such a bad guy aft all. Certainly I will, Andy, And would you tell her that I was thoughtful and all that stuff of course I will, Andy, Uh, when you're gonna tell her as soon as.
Speaker 3: She comes back from her honeymoon she was.
Speaker 2: Married last night.
Speaker 4: She was married last night.
Speaker 2: Take your hand off that bag, you know, good ball? In other words, Anna, you don't give the bag to the girl's mama not knowing.
Speaker 1: That the girl was married. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, if I can get the bag back, I'll sell it back to you for what I.
Speaker 1: Paid for it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's our lawyer Labordio's office. Let's go in and see if he can tell us how to get the bag back. Well, old man, oh, he's got somebody in the officer that.
Speaker 3: That's a minute, boar not le.
Speaker 2: You say you want the marriage in law.
Speaker 3: Yes, General Harblem is taking it to for ten years to sign it after.
Speaker 2: You ain't got nothing a word about it, xcited to say with me on the caves it will be a sense.
Speaker 3: I'll meet him and caught tomorrow more than nine o'clock. Thank you damn much.
Speaker 2: Goodbye? Who is that my wife? And uh like going here? You gonna handle the kids? Huh? Yeah, that guy was in a mess man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got to be in the judge chambers at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 2: Lenon anyway, what's going on there? Then I'm getting married? Yeah, well why are you getting married so soon? Again? Oh you ought to see all the Washington tied up at home? Uh you uh, you won't get married for that reason. Now, we didn't mean to walk in on you while you were so business. So I'm going every minute now, Yes, I'm busy all the time. A lot of crime going on here. I I got to go in court the day on the second story case, A second storycase. Yeah, I had my crime cart just did in the jersey didn't really, sorry, I told him, So I got to think up a second one there going on, lost my guardia, like I told you, over the tot look on and he gets the pocket book to the girl's mama. He won't get it back from her because I got to give it to the woman that belongs and it lives upstairs over us. Man, well rest, now, why don't you grow over to the woman's house. Can't they play like you as a secret serviceation?
Speaker 3: A rest and the brand I was a smuggler right in front of the woman.
Speaker 2: He play all her sympathis, and man, they through the gunness of our heart.
Speaker 3: He'll give the bag back to Andy, and everybody'll be in the clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll go in the house first as the secret easy man now here. He has an old fair handcuffy that couldn't use and take this whole gun.
Speaker 5: Law it ain't loaded, and a crying.
Speaker 2: And mind usual the night to share people with and you know things things. This sounds like it's gonna work. It's all right. Yeah, well now uh uh Andy, look your answer. I get in there and I start talking to the woman. You come in about a minute of the two later. Now I'll hire in the room somewhere and then when you come in, I'll make the arrest and he'll break the woman's part. Yes, Now, I got to hop in the card take a tip to night. See. I'm going up to sing thing me to fire getting out at midnight? Midnight, m it's that kind of a funny time for the warden to let a prisoner out.
Speaker 5: So what don't know he's leaving?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't the hope this works. Good afternoon. Now I was looking for missus Adams. I'm Missus Adams.
Speaker 5: Want to come in.
Speaker 2: Uh, thank you very much, Missus Adam. I here to tell you that one of the most dangerous criminals in the world is loose in this neighborhood, and we has been advised by our home markers that he is on the way up here right now.
Speaker 4: Who is you?
Speaker 2: Who is I? Alright with the FBI, the federal If you hold the institution nowhere? You have credentials? Uh credentials? Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got them too. I got around the summer. Wait yeah yeah yeah, jee MC card. It's nothing on the card. Well you see ll seecret service days. You don't us put the name on the thing. Oh, I see am of 'ems. Uh. I was looking for a bad criminal charged with smuggling and this is an alligator kid.
Speaker 5: Hm.
Speaker 4: Must I got to do with me?
Speaker 2: Uh? Tell me this? I wanna ask you one question. Now you're gonna sport a cuckoo holds nothing much the crew's I'm gonna ask you right now. Uh. Did any man ever give you an alligator partet book? Yes? I got one of the goos come mister brown Brown, not the br r own, probably one and the brown and the brown. I was sure that's the name. Oh, I ain't got my papers, but you see, we burn everything when we go in to acting when we're doing.
Speaker 3: Boy, got to bounce mister Brown.
Speaker 2: There's got in our office. Still, we got to kip on mister Brown. He's coming out here, and I gotta hide behind her cookings and capture him dead all out there.
Speaker 1: Not.
Speaker 2: Yes, we tried everything, but we find those schools and two up roads a dinner and the changeus not ask all you Hey, wait a miss that much keeps smuggling Brown out. Listen, you go let him in, but don't say nothing. I'll hide behind the curtain, gain in the parlor, and then you bring him in here. Hello, Miss Adams, looks like the closest player. Come in angry. Yeah, I'll burn him my shoes. Yeah you see, I don't want to leave no crooks and stuff. Lay won't you come into the tower? Yeah, excuse me? So they keep turning around. Let's go over my shoulder. But I was a little shy as behine man. Great bunch of boys, but I have too smart for him. Come in Andy, Uh. Well, as I was saying, Miss Adams, there's a bunch of hot alligators that just got in town. And I want to tell you, oh stealing Brown your spies on the air. Oh Moses missus das show me over when there's the don't lot, don't know Brown, stand where you was, Brown, and don't take off those shoes. He got the me i's corner, toll me goodness, Oh take it ease in, miss Adams. I'll pick him so he can't do no damage. Let me get out of my handcuff here, I'll handcuff ourselves together and casey escape fellaw escape with him. Yea, they couldn't take him handcuffs cree us not the handcuff on the own rift And now the other one. Well, Brown, you was a pretty helpless side. Now excuse me, chief, but you got moost handcuffs on yourself. Uh yeah, excuse me, mos Adams, when you hold this gun a minute, jail there me bo or don't worry it innload me. Where is the kid of these handcuffs? Uh waite, Chief, I think I got it here in my pockets. Go ahead and pull the take of hold them holding. Thats a fine thing for the FBI to send me up. Will us the good I got a good note to write the it's a but that's what I gonna do, Inspector. Let's get out of here before we get shot. What is it's all about? Uh? Mother Brown? Yeah, he is a very good friend of yours. Now he doesn't smuggle in the alligator bag that he gives you now unless he gets it back. I send him to Altafet. He got alligator bag.
Speaker 5: My friends tell me it's worth sixty dollars and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Gonna get the back unless I get the money to buy another one duck like it. Now, I look, Moss Adams, Uh tell you what I'll do. I want to help this person. He's gotta hones face. Yeah. Uh, I has got forty dollars that I gotta pay my secret service rent with. Uh. I ill known it to Moss Brown if you'll give him the alligator bag back.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, then.
Speaker 4: You give me at the forty dollars. Here's the bag.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Miss Adam.
Speaker 4: I steel awful about.
Speaker 5: Having the park with this bag.
Speaker 2: It's the prettiest aligator bag. I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Someday I hope to all another one just like it.
Speaker 2: Well, now they muster Brown has three. Maybe he can smuggle another one in forhere. We'll work out. Well, father Honey, I finally got the alligator bag back, and I took it up there and give it to Miss Williams husband.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the things that you had to spend the rest money in order to get it back.
Speaker 2: Well, well I'll get the door hunty. Well Miss Williams Hull on that season. Yeah, until you got your pockets that come for you. This morning, I left it upstairs for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you. Is anything wrong, Well, he's not, Sati. I'm going to tell you about for the good rest you've been doing for the woman dogs Deailry. We're all kipped in and bought of this alligator back