Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth, and fingers crossed this recording works because having some technical difficulties beforehand. It is eleven forty seven pm on Monday, July fourteenth, so not really gonna wake up producer Rich and bother him. So again fingers crossed that everything works here. Probably a pretty short episode coming your way today. We're gonna touch on the Dubisby main event final table once again. We're gonna kind of preview it a little bit more. I know, we ran through the players on the last episode, you know, everyone that made the final nine, and then we'll get into that. We'll also touch into everything else that's going on here at Horseshoe paris pretty slow day overall, but do have a couple of winners. Don't think we're gonna get a winner in this ten K six max, but that is playing right now. We'll hit on that. We got the polo playing down, so you know, we got enough to fill an episode, right and of course we can make some stuff. No days off, No days off here, baby, No days off. People keep saying to me like, all, sum are you gonna record the podcast night? You're gonna record the podcast night? The answer is yes, mofos every single night. Okay, we are doing it every single night. We made a commitment, we are sticking to it, so let's freaking go. The past two episodes, by the way, have taken off a little bit more on YouTube. So if you're a new viewer or listener of the pokerl podcast, thank you for joining in. I'm Donnie Peters. He's Tim Duckworth. He's been in the industry since two thousand and seven. I've been in the industries in two thousand and eight, so collectively we have like one hundred and thirty five years between us in this industry. We've worked for Poker News, the World Poker Tour, obviously Poker Grow right now. We've bounced all over the place, and you know, we love poker probably more than most people should. We're sickos in that regard, but there is no greater game, no greater industry, and we are just happy to be a part of it. We do this show during the WSOP every single night. We do video form on the Poker Go YouTube channel, So if you're listening and you want to check out the video form, you can do that. We also do an audio form. The audio form has been going much longer than the video form, so be sure to check us out. As always, please do like, subscribe, rate, review, all that sort of stuff. Comment on the videos. I went through a whole bunch of the YouTube comments today on the past two or three videos. Responded to just about every single one of them. You know, some of them I had to delete. Some of them I didn't respond to because they didn't warrant a response. But most of the time I like to get in there. In the very least, I like to just like drop in a mode or something just to acknowledge that I read it, or a lie. Yeah, well I like to actually do something, you know, just just something to acknowledge that I read it, because I do read all of them. We are not scared of the comments at all. If you are listening on Spotify, Apple, wherever you listen to your podcast, please give us a five star rating or whatever sort of rating you can. The highest is what we ask for, so we're not asking for a lot, but it does help us grow. And if you love online poker and you're looking for a free version of it, well, check out play pokerg dot com. It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into. It takes maybe thirty forty five seconds or so to sign up, and then once you do that, you can hop into ring games, you can hop into tournaments, you can hop into sit and gos, real players, real hands, real fun. It's all on play poker go dot com. You can also download the app to your iOS or Android device, So fire it up today, take your seat, and we will see you at the Tables WSP Main Event Final Table. We ran through the final nine players and gave a little bit of the bio on each of them on the last episode, so if you miss that, we're not gonna do too much of that particular thing, So go back to the last episode and check it out, or you can head on over to PGT dot com and check out the Meet the twenty twenty five doas Be Main Event file table article that was done by the great Shan Chaffin as biles on all the players. So if you're a little bit unfamiliar from these final nine, obviously Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky is the big headlining, the big notable name but if you're unfamiliar with people in general and you want to be like, oh, where's my rooting interest going to lie? You know, go listen to the last episode or watch it on YouTube, or go check out the article on PGT dot com to familiarize yourself with the players. We have seat one Leo Margetts from Spain fifty three point four million, that represents thirty three big blinds. Seat two Kenny Hallard from Belgium eighty point five million or fifty big blinds. Braxton Dunaway is in seat three. He's from the US ninety one point nine million, fifty seven big blinds. John Wosnock out of the USA one hundred and eight million, one hundred and eight point one to be exact, sixty eight big LiLine. He is the chip leader. Seat five is Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky, also out of the USA, ninety three million, even for the Grinder, fifty eight big blinds. De Young Lee out of South Korea thirty four point nine million, twenty two big blinds. Luca Badjokovic out of Serbia fifty one million or thirty two big blinds. He's in seat seven. Adam Hendricks out of the USA is in seed eight forty eight million, thirty big blinds, and then Seed nine. Rounding out the twenty twenty five WSB Main Event final table is Jared Minguinea out of the USA twenty three point six million. He's also the short stack of the final nine. He's got fifteen big blinds to work with when play resumes on Tuesday, July fifteenth. All those nine players had the day off on Monday. I think all of them came down here to the Horseshoe to do some interviews, take some photos, maybe some various interviews with the media or whatnot, what not.
Speaker 2: All of them who didn't come, Wow, Actually I lie exactly exactly. They interview and one of them they need one pot. That's what I'm kind of getting in.
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking about the Grinder. I am, yeah, but he ended up coming. He was late.
Speaker 2: But he can't show what we're talking to us down here well in the back of the room.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is what it is. He's the Grinders. He's a big personality, he's a big name. He's got people to see, things to do. Man, he can't he can't just be schlepping in with us. He's already done this whole final table thing. Yeah, good point, you know, right, the freaking grinder man. Use the old footage, right, Yeah, just put seven bracelets, honey, let's go. It's amazing good Win number eight. So I ran through all the stack sizes. I do want to hit on the ICM value and on the video. Hopefully we'll get a little shot right here from producer Rich right in the middle of us. This is per Derek Walters on Twitter. He goes by Derek underscore Walters. He's always talking about the ICM values for the stacks. He's also regularly offing excuse me to buy pieces of people at their ICM value. And it's interesting how you how things stack up. You got wasnock is way up on top of a one hundred and eight million, You got m in guineas on the bottom with twenty three million, right, So there's what it's about. Four and a half x whsnuck stacked to mc guineas. But like the ICM value, you know, first place in this thing is ten million. Everyone's guaranteed a million. Like, it's not that big of a gap. It's not a nine million dollar gap in the ICM value. The ICM value is obviously scrunched down. Wasnock has the largest ICM value of course because he's the chip leader four point five seven million, Then you have four point twenty four four point two one seven three point nine three point two three point one three million, two point five seven nine, and then ming Guinea stack is right now worth two point one three one million. I'm assuming all the players are aware of this at least to some degree. Now, I would say the one that's probably the least aware of it would be Well, I think he's least aware of it out of choice. I don't think he gives a shit. Okay, So but I think I would assume that Wa Wasnak because he's like the the he's the token old guy. He's a recreational player. He's I think he's an investment consultant is what his job is. So he also might like just not be as in tune with it. You know. Maybe, yes, he has some people telling him about it, but I feel like he's just going to be a guy who's just going to play his game and not really worry about this, Whereas I feel like someone like let's say Kenny Hallard or Adam Hendrix are going to be like, oh my ICM value is this Like I'm going to try and ladder up accordingly or whatnot. So just wanted to kind of lay those out there. As we head into the final table again, everyone is guaranteed a million dollars for making the final nine, and then it goes one million, one point twenty five, one point five, one point nine, two point four, three, four, six, ten, I believe are all the payoffs, so kind of smallest jumps to start, but then obviously once you get into it, the jumps get pretty pretty big. And then of course that four million dollar jump from second to first is absolutely astronomical. I guess let's take a look at, you know, this final table as it compares to some recent years. That's something that I wanted to hit on, you know, I just I think a lot has been made about how awesome this final table is, and when people start throwing that around, you know, this is the best fil table ever. This is the best fiel table ever. I mean, I just it's not that it's not I don't know, but I just immediately think is it right? And then I kind of want to look, Yeah, so what is best main definition? Here though, Well, I'm just saying that's what I've heard from a lot of people, like this FILEL table is so great, This fil tables the best, like, you know, like finally we got this type of final table. So I think obviously a lot of it has to do with Leyo Marjetts. Yeah, you know, being the first woman to make them an event final table in thirty years, going all the way back to nineteen ninety five, when Barbara Enright did it. Barbara Enwright was the only player or only female player to do it. It's taken thirty years now for Leo Marguetz to do it. And of course she did it with a six six sick runout going Club Club to back into a flush after her jacks were out flopped against Ace King on day eight. But but yeah, I pulled I pulled the most recent final tables going back to twenty twenty one, So that gives us it's all the post COVID years can't really count twenty twenty because obviously that was the weird COVID year where everything was like it was like there was an international tournament, there was a USA tournament. They combined to one tournament. They played it it was very weird, right, and then I didn't feel like going back, you know, before that. So I would say that, you know, this one, it's got a pretty strong mix of star power. It certainly has that historical significance, you know, largely due to Leo Margetz and the history that I just mentioned it being thirty years since we've had a woman make the final table. I think there's a lot of like poker credibility at this final table. Overall, I would view it as very well rounded. If a final table like can be versatile, I think this one checks that box. You know, we talked about Leo Marguetz. You know, she's the global storyline. She's out of Spain, you know, but she's he's very much that global storyline now because she is the female that has made the final table for the first time in thirty years. That is entirely historic. You got Michael Msrocky, right, He's one of the most decorated players in the history of poker, one of the most decorated WSP players. Tim and I have talked at length about the fact that he's won four Poker Players Championship titles. He has seven total bracelets, he's now made the w CMIAT final table for a second time. I mean, it's just it's I can't even like believe it when I keep saying it. Yeah, it's just so wild to me.
Speaker 2: And that second time, just to touch in that way there is in this modern generation, you know, whether we call it post money maker, it's just has not been done at all that often. Michael Mazrahi twenty ten, twenty twenty five, Mark Newhouse twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, back to back ninth place finishes.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Dan Harrington twenty two thousand and three, two thousand and four, he finished third and fourth respectively. And we're going to touch on obviously. Kenny Hallett twenty sixteen, twenty twenty five. Joke out and then yeah, that's I was going to say, that's probably the best one first and then a fifth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hard to be that. Joe Haad one is often overlooked.
Speaker 2: It's it's one hundred percent overlook And you know, I want to throw throw one of our one of our gentlemen on the Pogo team under the bus. He gave me the list, He's like, any more you can add. I was like, I bet youa kata, right, and he's like, oh yeah right, oh yeah, yeah right, oh yeah, Jos was sick. And then so if you if you want to extend a little bit to tenth place, which is still technically the final table, you can throw Michael Rawan into that one. He has a fourth and a tenth technically.
Speaker 1: The final table.
Speaker 2: But either way, modern general, the modern times and post money maker, you know, the money maker error, however you want to call it. Basically, basically five players have made you know, two final tables and that's just, you know, absolutely astonishing.
Speaker 1: Ben Lamb, did you mention him? Wasn't that a third and a ninth? Oh wow? Yeah, yeah, I mean, let's not forget that he also has four also has a fourteenth. He has a fourteenth too, Yeah, Ben Lamb had when was third, third and twenty and eleven, and then he got ninth in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Oh we that's a duck up from me too. There you go out there.
Speaker 1: Piers Heines won in twenty eleven. We haven't seen him since. And then Scott blow Seeing won it in twenty seventeen. When Lamb got down there to that one, which is you know, I mean just absolutely incredible stuff from Ben Lamb. Now Grinder's in that group. Kenny Hallard is also in that group. You know, we talked about Grinder and part of the storyline with Grinder is he's he's one of those like old school pro He's a poker Boom star. Is like he became a star during the Poker Broom you know. Now, maybe he didn't rise to the ultimate heights of a Dan and mcgrondy or a Phil Hollimey or a Phil Ivy, but Grinder was as big as they come for a period of time. Yes, Like you know, he was crushing everything. He was winning multiple WPT titles, just a face everywhere, bracelets, all this sort of stuff. And then yeah, obviously he had you know, his own issues that he had to deal with. But I mean, the guy is freaking back and if you want to like pull up the nostalgia strings, well, Grinder's it. Kenny Hollard, you know, another final tableist that is returning. He's got a great ws AP resume, specifically in the main event. I think he even has like another deep run in the WSP Man event that wasn't one of those final tables that was a very deep run. You know, Kenny's been around the industry forever. He's been He's a tournament director, he's a live events advisor, I think with poker stars. So I mean, the guy is just an absolute freaking crusher. He got sixth place in twenty sixteen. In twenty seventeen, sixty fourth, so very very deep run there by Kenny Holler. And then of course he's got this run twenty fifteen, by the way, the year before he made the final table one hundred and twenty third. I mean, this mister Main Event twenty twelve, three hundred and twenty third. I mean, this guy's an absolute beast in this tournament. It's absolutely wild. He's got another cash eight hundred and sixty second in twenty twenty two, so I mean, it just goes on and on and on and on as it pertains to the WSP main Event with Kenny Hollard and here he is once again, so you know, not as big of a name, yes as Grinder, but still a big name within the industry and a very well respected person who you know, dabbles in both sides. He's on the industry side of things with his you know, his career and his profession and whatnot. He's also on the player side of things. You've got Adam Hendricks. He's this year's top tier pro. Like he you know, he's the highly skilled, like a high roller type of guy. The pro We've seen plenty of them in the years past, almost almost too many of them in years past. You know that kind of made it seem like it was lackluster. Yeah, for us in the industry, we're going to nerd out about it. But you know, we have Adam Hendrix here representing the pros. John Wosnack Now he's obviously the chip leader. He's and I say this with total respect, but a complete wild card to me in that like I don't he's a recreational player from all accounts, and I mean he's the token old guy. Always got to have one of the old guys, right, you know we've had We've had Jason Segel, We've had Jan Peter Yachman, We've had Aaron Duckzak, We've had George Holmes. Like you always get an old guy, we always get an old guy. Right. He is the old guy this year, and he's the freaking chip leader. And in a way, like I don't know, to me, this is like for every recreational player, for every older guy that's just hanging out, maybe playing a home game with his buddies once a week, once a month, whatever, like this keeps that dream alive exactly right, which is which is dope. So that's great. And then you know you got that international flair with some of these players. You know, obviously Leol Margetz we already talked about her, but she also dips into that international flare too. So you know, I think overall we have a really really good final table. I do want to touch on these other ones from from twenty twenty four to twenty twenty three, twenty twenty two, and twenty twenty one, so again the post COVID era. I'll go back to twenty twenty one first. That was Kari Aldemir's winning year. Who I mean, he's he's a beast of a player, right, obviously a crusher, but like he doesn't really bring like the big star power that let's say a Michael Muzroky does, so it kind of falls short there. Now. Again, this is not to take anything away from any of these players we're trying to compare. I did like that year, the Papo MC factor, m m Alexandre Lococo. You know, he's like the rapper from Argentina. He brings that global flare. He's a bit of a wild car with his play. He's all over the place. So you got that. You of course have George Holmes. It had some high entertainment value and I think it ultimately played out. I mean, you had the big hand where like Lecoco gave all of his chips to Karai Aldemir. You had a pretty good heads up match between the old guy George Holmes, like the home game Hero versus the high roller Karai Aldemir. You had that, but like it just I don't know, it fell short compared to this year. Right, If you want to give kry Aldemir, if you want to make him like the Adam Hendrix of this year, well you don't have the Leo Margets. Of course, you don't have them like Rocky, so you're kind of falling a little bit short. I think ultimately this one played out quite nicely and it delivered some some nice TV and it was certainly entertaining. But I certainly don't think it compares to this year. The next year that was espen Georgs dad's win, and that was twenty twenty two when we moved over here to the Horseshoe in Paris for the first time. Now Espen he won a bracelet. That summer, he won the tag team event alongside Patrick Leonard aka Pads, but still pretty unknown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely unknown, especially here in America. Obviously plays a lot of the European events played online, but very unknown to the wider audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, for like for those of us that kind of are deeper into the industry and follow things and are like, oh, okay, I spend like a big online guy, you know whatnot okay, cool story, but like we know it's not going to resonate beyond the very even like the inner circle of the Pope community. Right now, we did have a decent heads up match with your boy Adrian Attenborough. I mean obviously obviously that it was a marathon, but also that one hand that took like twenty six minutes or something insane, Like that hand alone, which is the final hand, was just absolutely wild. So I think that helped ultimately, like being results oriented, that helped that final table. How like grueling that heads up match was if you're gonna look at like the notable pros from that final table. Let me just run through the list of who was at it. Felipe Suki, Adrian Attenborough, Mattia Doebrich, Mickey Dueck, Matthew Sue, John Eames, Jeffrey Farnes, Aaron ducksak and Espen Georges Dad. I mean we already talked about George Dad, we talked about Adrian Attenborough. I mean, Matthew Sue was kind of a no name within the industry. John Eames, no name within the industry, Mickey Dueck, no name within the industry. But in no way, shape or form, is like the common poker fan going to know who any of these people are at this final table. So that's ultimately like kind of where this one fell short. I would say from a technical aspect, I think this is a very good final table, yes, but like star power, headlines, all that sort of stuff, that's where it falls short. Which again is fine for all those of us that love poker, But if you want to hit that home run, and if we're always like, you know what can help poker get into the mainstream war, you know this unfortunately just isn't going to do it. Twenty twenty three, we got Stephen Jones, Juan Masierras, Daniel Hosner, Adam Walton, Ruslin Priedrich, Dean Hutchison, Toby Lewis, Daniel Weinman and Jan Peter Yachman. After the fact, with this one, you got Daniel Winman winning it. Of course he had that big hand. I figuret I it was on day seven or day eight when he hit that jack on the turn, which was absolutely incredible. Wineman is extremely well liked with the poker community, has been around for a very very long time. But still like this is another one of those where it's it's just short on names. Yeah, you know, coming into the thing, right, I mean, Toby Lewis, I would say, is arguably the biggest name here now I'm talking about going into it coming out of it now. Obviously Daniel Wyman is a bigger name because he won the damn thing.
Speaker 2: But I think Daniel Wyman's bigger than Toby Lewis.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would say, like internationally it's probably Toby Lewis. Like on a global scale, which is that poker is a global game, I would say, I mean, if not they're They're like, it's like.
Speaker 2: It's right there, but yeah, I yeah, you're right, it's probably yeah, one A, one B for those two.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the International Pull, you got Juan Monsierras, you got Ruslin preject, but like Ruslin doesn't really speak English at all, so that was very difficult to resonate. Juan Monsierras is like kind of in and out, you know, for those of us that like follow the industry. He had a lot of like online success way back in the day, like his dad played online all that sort of stuff. Like nobody outside of poker knows that stuff. So, you know, casual fans, it's just hard. It's hard to latch on if you're a casual fan, right. I feel like what I'm getting at here is like I think a lot of people tune in to the WSP main event for the final table only, right, So when the casual fan pulls up the list of the final nine, are they going to be like I'm gonna watch that, or are they going to be like, who the heck are these people? So I feel like some of these final tables it's more like who the heck are these people?
Speaker 2: I think it's the other way though, if you're coming in to just watch the final table the last like two days, I don't think you care who makes it. I think it's the die hards or the people like kind of you and me that consume poker a lot of the time, which obviously have some people or storylines of story ocs we're cheering for, and when then it doesn't get fulfilled at the final table, we may switch off. Now, I know you and me are gonna watch it, but I'm saying that the people that consume a lot mega you know what, this final table doesn't interest me that much.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: But the guys that are coming just for final table, I don't think it matis who's on there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll agree with that, but I think I'm more talking to, for example, my mom, Okay, like she was kind of following it partly because I made a deeper but then she kind of got sucked into it, so she was she's invested in. Yeah, she's invested in like Layo Margett's like she wants the woman to make it, so now she's gonna watch. She has no idea what's going on poker. Every time something was on the screen, She's like, okay, like, so why does queens beat jacks? Like and I had it was like trying to talk to a two year old about poker. I mean, I love my mom, but it was very difficult. I would I would have rolled so much if I was. No, it's just you know, she just doesn't know. Yeah, but you know now she's invested and she doesn't care to watch the final table, but she's invested now because she has that that female tie, right. So like it's those types of people who are invested for for those reasons who get sucked in based on a story, you know, Yeah, the people who are kind of always like going to tune in for the final table and just the final table. We're probably gonna get them, right, But how do we how do we draw the attraction of people who are like not even paying attention and then all of a sudden they're like, oh wait, there's a there's a woman at the final table. Oh wait, Grinder's back. Like you know, Grinder to me is like the way I viewed and I know you'll get this that plenty of people out there will probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but plenty of people will have an idea what I'm talking about wrestling coming back, but like the old guys like the stone Colds, the Shawn Michaels, the rock Et cetera. Like Grinder to stone Colds. I'm saying like those are the those are the the Poker boom stars, like those guys, right, and like there's obviously a good selection of the wrestling audience that has just followed it the whole way through, right, and they're all about the new stars. But for me, I don't know. I kind of was like I lost after like those characters, the Attitude era and whatnot. I kind of was like, you know what, I don't really like these new guys that much, so I'm not as attracted to it. So I kind of would go away. But then if I saw like the Rock showing up on WrestleMania, like I'm in so like there's gonna be those people that got into poker, you know, during the boom, might have fallen out from it, and then they're like, oh wait, Grinder's back like that those people, which I'm I'm already getting a lot of messages like oh my god, Grinder, like from my friends that like I came up playing home games with who have no interest at all a poker anymore. But now they're like Grinder again, like he's back.
Speaker 2: I am very confident that several Lola list those including producer Rich but particularly Mickey Daphin Chat Holloway, would love for us right now to just stop talking about the main event. Find all the old school, the Mike Manosius, the Daniel grind As to feel home is, the Sean Chakhans, the corey' Zeidman's, all of them, and then allocate them an attitude or a wrestler if like that would be the most off topic thing to do right now, but I know there's people at him saying, please please do this.
Speaker 1: I mean also, like Grinder is a He's a good example of of like a a wrestler's arc, because so many of these wrestlers kind of they come in, they have like a one to two year high where they're like the biggest thing in the world, and then they kind of just fizzle out and like you move on, Like obviously you have the ones that are like they're they're around for decades.
Speaker 2: Right, So if he wins this, right, let's say he wins the main event, and he's kind of a stone could he is?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got to relax. Look at stone cold. Steve Auston's career was like not like ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 2: But so called is on the Mount Rushmore a restless okay, but I'm saying Grinder is on the Mount rush During during his height, Grinder was like way up there, like way way up there. If Grinder wins this, he's more like Cody roads Pad because.
Speaker 1: You can't even use anyone from the current age because you have to you have to use the old school guys. You have to go back. You have to go back time. You have to go back. Okay, just literally I remember turning on like every w WPT episode and it was the Grinder, the Grinder the ground like just in your face, non freaking.
Speaker 2: Like at the at like he was just at the top. He was absolutely at the Can he be Chris Jeriica? No, But I'm saying, like, listen.
Speaker 1: To rank wrestlers right now, But I don't think that, So I don't. I personally don't. I might not put someone called on my Mount Rushmore. He might be like five or six. I'm just saying lists the poker place you got you got the two Fills, you got Daniel who's behind them? Grinders in that group behind them, I'm like, like fame and noariety, not in.
Speaker 2: Generation right, you know you're not talking about Doyle and all those guys. We're talking like the two thousands on them was where we grew up with poker. Yeah, like the people I think I really like, I kind of want to put out scends in ahead of that.
Speaker 1: But I'm also talking about like, you know, r P Dor, like the people who are still alive and still around now. Like it's like Grinder Madisow Like like those guys.
Speaker 2: Madison might be ahead of Grinder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not like it's like so much ahead. They're all very Yeah, they're all like I think people out there kind of try and get to what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, we get it. We but anyway, just continue, So let's move on to twenty twenty four. Huch was obviously last year.
Speaker 1: We had Boris Angelov, Malow, Latinwall, Brian Kim, Nicholas Ostet, Joe Sarrock, Jordan Griff, Jonathan Tomayo, Andres Gonzalez, and Jason Segel. I mean a lot of crushers here. Boris Angelov Crusher mostly online, Brian Kim crusher a lot of high stakes live cash, Nicholas Us that Lena nine hundred, one of the absolute best online players, if not the best online tournament player ever. You know, Joe sur Rock crusher for a long time, you know. But it's just like again, very technically solid here, but no like to us, Nicholas Us that is a big name. No one knows who the heck Nicholas. It's like no offense to Nicholas, Like, I love the guy, you know and like, and we know who he are is, but casual fans don't know who it is. You know, Brian Kim is one of my really good friends. No one knows who he is casual like, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, people might walk around here and be like, oh, like you know Brian Kim, Like, but casual fans again, they're just not.
Speaker 2: Something of him petting a kangaroo that he put on his Instagram, like yesterday is up coming here to play poker.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's just chilling, you know. So again, this one just it lacks those storylines, It lacks mass appeal, It lacks that hook to suck people in, so you know, again recognizable and games, you know, but really no standout storylines to suck in more casual audiences. So you know, that's kind of where we are with these recent ones. So I would say the twenty twenty five wspe and Men final table compared to these recent uh what is it? Four one, two, three, four, yeah, recent four. I mean, it's it's leaps and bounds better. Obviously, the fact that we have a woman there makes it way better. But even if you were to take Layomar gets out like, it's still better, right, just with the fact that you have Grinder, you finally got a really big name. You know, you got Kenny Hollard story is incredible, you got you got the pro the pros boxes checked with Adam HENDRICKX. You know you have those things. So think you're right. You know you got you got kind of that recreational player, every man token old guy in uh Wa wasnak the chip leaders. So you have a bit of it all here, right, if you want to dig a little further, I mean the Jared mc guinea thing is very cool, where a professional snowboarder was trying out for the Olympics. I believe is how the story went. Got injured, ended up, didn't make it. But if you want to look even further, he lost his brother in October twenty twenty two in a motorcycle crash about I think two or three weeks later, he went to play the was Sippy Circuit event, the main event in Lake Tahoe, and he basically pledged or called his shot that he was going to win it for his brother, for his brother Bobby, who was thirty six years old when he had the unfortunate crash, and he did win it. He won the whole damn thing for one hundred and fifty three K. So that's a really cool, damn story. Now, Jared McGann has got a lot of work to do. Twenty three point six millions is the shortest stack, but still that's an awesome story. It's got a bit of that underdog appeal. It's also you know, for any athletes out there. You know, I'm sure plenty of people out there who have gotten injured their careers have you know, basically been put aside and you can't do anything. You know, there are a lot of people out there who are athletes then find poker to you know, get that competitive edge, and Jared mc guinney's one of them, and here he is at the was B Main Event final table. So all in all, I think this final table is pretty freaking incredible. You got the poker prestige, you got michaelmas Rocky, you got Adam Hendrix, you got Kenny Hollard. Okay, I'll put them in like the poker prestige thing, right, the emotional stakes as it pertains to the viewers. I think that's kind of another little bucket here that we can put people in. You know, that involves like the history element with Layo Margetz. I guess you could also put the Kenny Hollard and Michael Moss Rocky redemption part in here because they both made this finel table before they didn't win it, but now they have a chance again. And like I mean, it's you and I were talking before we went on on air about how it's so hard to even like cash this thing and so many people go forever without cashing it. And these guys have two shots to win the damn thing at the final table, which is freaking wild. And you also have, as it pertains to emotional steaks. I think like, I think a lot of like older people out there will just latch onto Johnnock. He's the recreational grinder guy. He's a bit of a total unknown. He just seems like you're everyday man, just the amateur of the wreck, you know, who's coming out here taking a shot. He's he's for sure held his own. So he's not like any sort of fish out of water when I say amateur recreational, but just a regular dude. And he's in a big moment, and he's obviously thriving. He's got the freaking chip lead. You know, this could be that that fairy tale type story that you know, you see so often that a lot of these guys, even if you don't know their names, right, So we had again going through those winners kry Aldemir espen George said, Daniel Weinman, and then last year Jonathan Tomorrow. Even if those guys aren't the biggest names in the world, they're still hardened pros. So what I'm getting at is if Wasnock is able to come out on top, that shows a lot of the average poker players out there are the regular people that like, yeah, that can still happen. You can still do that. You don't have to be this this like crazy crusher in the game for you know, thirty five years playing every single day professionally in this and that. No, you can take your shot. You can live that dream. So that's what I like, you know, with the with the wasnik, I think it would handle there.
Speaker 2: You're right, the majority of the audience watching this is going to be you know, Middle America, right, like you said, they're tuning in, you know that for this like iconic early event, and this is who most people would resonate the most with, you know, an older gentleman amateur, not a professional poker player, not a not a you know, grinder. And it's also someone we haven't seen win in a long long time. Now. If you go back, like when do you think the last amateur you know, I think it's going to have to probably be Jerry Yang two thousand and seven. I don't think you can count and sand Well and Sam played played regularly.
Speaker 1: I mean he's he's an amateur, I would think, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I think he went and played poker like a he was like a poker player talking about.
Speaker 1: Like he was for sure a gambler.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you I mean I'm not really talking about the skill set. I'm talking about more like they're more profession based than anything. Yeah, yeah, no, I get I feel like we have to really start going back, Like you know, obviously Jamie Go, Joe Hasham.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, if you really want to lean into it with John Woznek, and I'm probably gonna getripped apart for saying this, but if you really want to lean into it, you say, he's the money maker, like he's like he's because now, obviously Moneymaker has the name it was when poker started to really boom. He got the online satellite stuff, all that sort of stuff. But what I'm saying is his moneymaker was a recreational amateur player among a field of pros. And that is what wasn't to get I mean amateur or sorry, moneymaker was an accountant from Tennessee. This guy is an investment consultant, father of four, fifty years old out of Washington. I mean he's not he's not a pro like so it just it's showing that, like listen, you can do this. Yeah, you know, you can play good on this stage and the biggest tournament in the world, and you can break through like Wosnik is doing and that is truly incredible to see. So and it doesn't matter, like all you need coming into poker, you just need the money to sit at the table. He had ten k, just like everyone else had ten k, you know, and he battled with the best to him and he's gotten here, and that's freaking cool to see. You know. It gives even someone like me, you know, who might play more than Wasnock. But still, I don't think that I'm necessarily like the best player in the field by far. You know, even as I was going deep, I was like, there's a lot of freaking good players around me that are really really fucking good. But like, still, you can play really well for a shorter period of time in the grand scheme of things, you know, six seven days, you can hit some cards and you can be that person. You can be that story. So like that's what I think everyone needs to lean into. With John Wasnock, Like I wouldn't just look at him and be like, oh, he's just like he's just an unknown, like we don't care about him whatever. No, that's a cool ass story that like those types of people can do it. I looked that similar to Lee when twenty twenty one George Holmes, Like George Holmes is like he's just the everyman, you know, He's just a dude, like probably plays a home game a couple times a month with his buddy's like whatever, you know, like doesn't really have all that that much you know, money in like career, live tournament earnings and that sort of stuff. I think for Wasnak, it was around like one hundred and fifty k coming into this tournament. So I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that are listening to this podcast, that are watching on YouTube or that are going to tune in for the final table have one hundred and fifty k and earnings or less, you know. And but you can do it, like you can be that person. Yeah, Like and that's that's dope to me. So that's where I would like to lean in, you know, with that one. And and hopefully like he kind of embraces that too, right And then of course, you know, we still have those those quote unquote underdogs, I guess or unknown players. You got the Jared mc guinea I talked about him, uh Lukabadjokovic, uh Day Hung Lee and then Braxton Duneaway, Braxton don't always kind of in that same sort of like creational player ish not maybe not as much so as w Wasnock because he won the Monsters to actually, you know, but but still like he's he's got a job from from everything I can tell, he works in the oil and gas industry, so you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Got a job, has poker chops, just doesn't play full time like some of the like you know, like an Adam Hendrix.
Speaker 1: You know, I spoke to him.
Speaker 2: He likes to play high stakes cash games, you know obviously, like you said, has the Musstack brace that plays some events here and there. But yeah, he's not he's sole income. He is, you know, real real job, you know, real man job back in Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I kind of look at his story like you can have some success like he did in the Monster Stack, and then you can go on to really much bigger and better things in poker. So you know, if you it doesn't have to be the Monster Stack. You could win a tournament for one hundre k, two undre k whatever it is. You know, come put it up as to be a little bit next thing. You know, you got to that fil table. So yeah, I think there's a lot of really cool, you know, storylines here. Overall, I think it's the most complete, headline worthy final table that we've had, you know, probably. I know I only talked about the ones specifically. I got into going back to twenty twenty one, but I don't know, like when was the last like really like headlining one, Like I mean not look at the banners like two thousand, fifteen fourteen, Like who is who are those years? Like that?
Speaker 2: You mean like Martin Jacobson years?
Speaker 1: Was it? Martin Jacobson, Ryan Reees, Like I think when.
Speaker 2: We look back, we we can look back in them now and say, oh, that was a good year. I think in the moment, you know, you have a lot of these players like look at look at the Jeremy Osmas Yeah, no one, you hear Jeremy Osmus was he was another one. Now you look back, he's like, well, this was the story. Jeremy Osmos was the the cash game guy, like he was the he was like the longtime experienced unknown poah. Yeah, but he was still he was. Then we'll look at where his career has come. Yeah, sure, you know I saw, Like I think when we look back retrospectively at all these other years, we say, oh, that was actually pretty good, But like at that moment, we're playing, eh, a bit of a dodge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I also think that, you know, part of what I'm trying to get at is that in past years, more recently, it's almost like we've had to do a lot of work to sell the Final Table to people. Yeah. I don't think you really have to sell the Final table to people. Here, you kind of just say what it is. You got the woman, you got the superstar and grinder, you know, you got the pro like, you got the the you know, the the recreational guy, you know, the you know for all the everyday dudes out there, the dreamers, like, you got a bit of everything. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch it. I'm very, very, very excited to watch it all play out. I do want to do two little segments here. One is a rank this, oh babe finally coming around. Let's rank the remaining players the final nine in terms of most likely to win the event in our opinion. And we'll start with number nine, which means least likely to win, and we'll go up to who we think has the biggest chance. So you go first, Jared win, Jamie same.
Speaker 2: And it's nothing against Jared. You just got twenty six You got to get fifteen big lines. Okay, you got twenty six million or whatever it is. You got fifteen big lines, a lot of work to do. So you know, I'm gonna put him at the bottom. Who's your next one? Uh, it's gonna be Dan hung Ley Almost other shows sack but just watching him seem to be a little timid when he played, so like.
Speaker 1: So was there there was there a moment where he had aces, but like was it kind of shy for a second to put.
Speaker 2: Money in saying this I have heard this, but I haven't.
Speaker 1: It was like it was very weird. He like kind of like, I mean, obviously you don't want to get all in at any point. It doesn't matter. I don't care if you have aces or not. Just because you get all in prefloulf anything can happened, right, It's it's obviously chaos. Probably only with this says no questions, no, of course, but like I think he kind of like it definitely looked like he was like, oh, like, oh, I mean I guess here we go, you know, so that was like, I don't know. I saw that, and I heard about that, and some people were messaging me about it, and I'm kind of like, hmm, yeah, I don't know, you know, so I mean, we'll see you never know. I also got him second. He's also I believe he's the second short step is the second shot I got Luka Padjokovic next. Yeah, well those are the three. No, that's not the next shortest stuff. No, but those those three are in order for if you pick those three names, we listed them in order of chips. You know what I'm saying, Like mc guineas is short. Is shorter than the joke rich? Right? But yes, but that's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it yet, who's your next?
Speaker 1: One? Number six?
Speaker 2: This is where I'm gonna I hope we have the same list to hold the whole way now. I'm choosing this person mainly just due to having a horrible seat at the table, and I honestly didn't even look at seats. Seats are very important, you know.
Speaker 1: I was just firing from the hipper. It's not against this guy.
Speaker 2: I just think that he's gonna have a hard time getting any traction with where he's sitting, and he's gonna trend down, trend down, turned down, and then it's just you know, it's gonna be in a spot where you lose. But I'm gonna take Braxton down away next Yeah, I gotta reach a little bit in the draft.
Speaker 1: I got Layomar Jets, okay. And my reasoning is like, I don't know, I feel like you have a day off. I would think it would be better for Layomar Jets personally if they just played today, less time to think about things, to let that pressure sink in. You know, everything left, right and center is being made of the fact that she is the first woman to make this file table in thirty years. That has to come with a lot of burden on your shoulders, right, a lot of pressure on you. You know you, I mean you, you said it yesterday that you think she probably wants to get fifth, which is what Barbara Nrick got. Well, if that is, let's say that's the case. Obviously we don't know, right, but let's say that's the case, then you're thinking about it, whereas you're not just going in and playing freely. So you know, we'll see right, It's it's a lot to make the final table as a woman, and like you have all those people like talking about it and asking you about it and whatever. So I don't know, does that just constantly weigh on her mind and then it allows her to not play as freely? You know, we'll see very early on. Of course, I also think she does have a pretty bad spot at the table. She got Kenny Hollard next to her, Braxton done Away next to her, was knocked next to her, Like it's just it's bad. Those those four seats are very bad, so that that's going to be quite difficult, you know, and especially when like if she's in the I believe it's cut off or hijack, Miss Rocky will be in the big blind, which he's going to play any hand. The guy is ridiculous, So all right, who's your next one? So kind of touching on Lea.
Speaker 2: So I think that, you know, she's very emotional after bagging chips.
Speaker 1: I think this actual day off is actually very good for her.
Speaker 2: However, she's made the final table, she's achieved that milestone. What's the next miles sign? It's getting fifth place? What's the next mile sign?
Speaker 1: After that?
Speaker 2: It's now in fourth place, and then it just moves up. Right, I think she is going to play very cautious, very tight, not take any risks to try and.
Speaker 1: Equal Barbara and Right.
Speaker 2: And you know, I feel like we're going to see her slowly chipped down with due to position, due to the fact that I think she's trying to achieve that next benchmark a fifth place or better. And I want to be surprised if she's grinding, you know, ten eleven, twelve bigs as people are hitting the rail. She gets to fifth place, she achieves that that next benchmark, a little bit of weight off her chest, she loosens up, maybe she finds that a six to oh like like Joey did or something. So I have her laddering up to fifth place.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, listen, Let's also make no mistake about it. When when Barbara Enright made that final table and finished in fifth place, Dan Harring didn't won it. There were two hundred and seventy seven people. I mean, this is nine, seven hundred and thirty five. So the fact that she's even made it to the final nine like percentage wise, she's gotten way farther yep than Barbara Enright did okay, you know, so like that's if I was advising her, I would basically try and tell her that be like listen, like I understand, I understand, but I'm saying if you were trying to like help her like get through it mentally, you'd be like, don't worry about that, like you've gotten this far for a reason, Like, just play your game. Do your thing right. The fact that you made the final table, that is enough. That is all what everyone wanted. How we were always rooting every single year for a woman to make the fol table. That is done, okay, so just go do your thing. I got John Wosnock next, and my reasoning is wow, So two things. I know. I didn't say that I looked at seeding position, but I remember thinking about that his seeding position was particularly annoying because he's got Michael mcrocky on his direct left, and miss Rocky is in every fricking hand all the time. Like, so, now I know, Waznock obviously finished with a chip one hundred and eight million, he's got like sixty eight big lines or whatever it is. But I didn't think like when I was watching that he like went and got the chips more so that they he kind of just let them come to him, which is not bad, not a bad strategy, but I'm saying like, if he if he kind of just sits back in the beginning, maybe we see a Braxton Dunaway or a Michael mcsrocky, somebody who's a little bit more active and aggressive. They take the chip lead from him, right, and then he just kind of starts to like slide on it. So I mean it's gonna be very interesting, you know. I always I always want both as like the poker player in me, the commentator in me, the know the analyst in me, the poker fan in me. I always want the chipleader at any final table. It doesn't matter if it's this final table or you know, some other final table. I want the chip leader to be the one driving the action and getting in there. And you don't think he's gonna do any am, I don't know. But also I feel like if he tries, miss Rocky's right there, yeah, and like Miss Rocky might like he like Wasnock might like literally raise the first hand, and Miss Rocky might be like, you know what, I'm just gonna three about this guy, because I'm gonna say, I'm gonna set the pace like Miss Rocky. That's how Miss Rocky is. He's a freaking gorilla out there, like he's gonna be He's just gonna put his fist down like as soon as he can. I feel, like I said yesterday on the last episode that you know, I think like Miss Rocky and Dunaway are gonna just clash in a big pot. That's part of this. Like I think Miss Rocky is gonna like come in and like basically try and like run the table. That's what Miss Rocky's gonna do. And if Wasnock is right there trying to get active and Miss Rocky kind of tries to shut it down, then maybe Wasnock just kind of says, like, you know what, Okay, it can be your table. That's fine. I'm gonna sit back. But if you sit back, it doesn't necessarily mean that you've got the best chance to win. So that's why I put Wasnock there. I also it's also part of his I don't really know too much about his game, Like I don't know he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't part of the broadcast as much as like a Grinder was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some of these other guys. I just I know what to expect. I know what to expect from Grinder, I know what to expect from Adam Hendrix, I know what to expect from Kenny Holler. Like I even know what to expect from Brexton Dunaway, right, So I just don't know as much about John Wasnock. Yeah, so that's why I got him there.
Speaker 2: I think we need to make it kind of clear if for the people watching all listening, then we're just guessing and just you.
Speaker 1: Know, criticing stuff.
Speaker 2: So like you know, we don't really know too much, but we're just trying to, you know, figure out how it might play out. So that's that's five people down, eliminated, going from the tournament, four players left. What this means that this is very important for those playing a long hard We normally bag at three players remaining, so this is essentially the day to bubble. Right now, we're down to four players. Sometimes we may take four, but normally we're going to play down to three. This is what depends on the pace it does. But you know, like I stat checked out.
Speaker 1: I feel like I do feel like one of these years we're gonna like we're gonna play like eight hours with like eight people, yeah something like I just I don't know what year it's gonna be, but I feel like that's that's coming at some point. Like everyone's gonna have like eighteen big blinds at one point and they're just gonna basically be like folding around. It's gonna be a lot of just raise and take and that's it. Yeah, Like that is that is the picturely gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I have eliminating, eliminating fourth place Adam Hendrix and the reason I'm okay cool. So I spoke to Adam damming a Bobby spot, but I believe he said he just has a couple swaps. Otherwise he's in for the majority of the of the which which I would expect, Yeah, which we would respect. So that what that means is what I'm trying to say is fourth place is three million dollars. His stack is worth a little over three million dollars. For someone that has, you know, such a big chunk of themselves, you know they are going to care more about loud obviously. Now, if you only have twenty five percent of thing, he might gamble a little bit because you're not gonna win as much. So Adam I realized, you know, he's basically equity of his starting stack here, and you know he understands, you know, all the dynamics or the ICM and I feel like this is the spot where he'll be comfortable, you know, taking a risk maybe to try and hey, if I can double up here, I can have that aggression on the second day, I'm going to have don't forget. Let's talk about Adam Hendrix's friend group's Shanna Shaw. He's got Francis Anderson, He's got David Coleman. These guys are going.
Speaker 1: To be Ben Lynn. Oh god, Lady Gaga. That makes Lady Gaga is actually very tight.
Speaker 2: Making day two is I think the is more important for Adam Hendrix than nearly everyone else at the table because of his core friend group, the fact that they can analyze hands, they can talk through hands the next day talk about playing tendencies. So him making that is you know pretty big. I feel like maybe he gets the four. He takes a little bit of a risk to try and chip up make day two of the final time and then have that advantage of his friend group being just some of the best players in Las Vegas. So I'm going to guess that it doesn't work out, he loses a flip and he's adding fourth place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I largely agree with you there. As you mentioned, his stack is worth three million and thirty one thousand based on ICM and I believe I said it on the last episode. I kind of expect Hendrix to be very ICM conscious, you know, which is a lot of times we see the same sort of thing at the studio. Yeah, you know, very ICM conscious plays and strategy at the final table, and of course here when there are the paye jumps are as big as they are in the industry. Nothing is like this at the WSBM an event. So I would very much expect Adam Hendrix to you know, proceed with caution, not just like coming and be like, you know what, I'm going to take the table over. I know I don't have that many as many chips to some of the other guys, but I'm just gonna, you know, basically exert my dominance and my experience over everyone. I certainly don't think he's going to do that. I think he's just gonna attack, like very like cautiously and and try and basically ladder up. You know, as as you mentioned who you got next.
Speaker 2: There's a very famous hand the WSP main event, Oh okay involves a young Joseph Chung oh and a younger Jonathan Duhamel. Oh yes, where Jonathan where Joseph Chung may have may have punted three? Oh, yes, I'm not going to come in on if it was a punt, but he was it a six bet?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: It was many bets. I was trying to put out the hand, but I I it was a big bet.
Speaker 1: It was. I think it was six. Maybe it was a fine bet either way.
Speaker 2: Joseph Chung busted in third place in the twenty ten main event to Jonathan dou Hammel, left John Raister to advance their heads up play with he was at a massive shout out, massive chip disadvantage to Jonathan do Hamel. Jonathan o'hamma would go on to win. Now why I bring that up? He is we've touched that. Yeah, he's six bet, a six bet a with ace with he seven off yeap and into Queens.
Speaker 1: So palm ahead Queens.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say this is we've talked a little bit about the Misrahi you know there how he's going to be aggressive. How is John was not going to play against this? And I feel that we're going to get right here three hand to play. We're gonna have this mix of Kenny Hallett, Michael Musrahi, John was a three of the most the widest range of players we could possibly get to the final three John versus Michael. It's going to be some kind of massive shout out, massive explosion in hands where it's like open three bet just four bet jams from John with Ace ten off and Grind the calls with Kings and we hit an Ace Grind is out in third right and John goes to take a massive heads up lead against Kenny Hallett. So I'm gonna say, I'm gonna skip ahead Kenny Hallett's runner up and then you can flip a coin because it's going to be some insane hand between John John was Michael Musrahi to just I had the heads up match, So I don't know who it is. I kind really give an answer, but I'm gonna stick with my guns of really wanting to see Waznock win. So Grinder, I'm sorry to do this to you. The strip clubs will be fine. You're still winning four million dollars. Third place, Michael the grind name is Rohi, all right.
Speaker 1: I got Kenny Hollard in this spot. I think he's going to take a very similar approach to this final table as Adam Hendricks. Yep. The benefit to Kenny Hollart is he has almost double the chips that Adam Hendricks does. So, you know, I think throughout the entire run, I've only seen extremely solid play from Kenny Hollard. I haven't really seen him get too crazy with like any sort of outlandish bluff or anything like that, you know, So I think he's just gonna basically try and have it in a lot of spots and work his way up. So in terms of like potential to win, I got him third. Who you said you said you had Kenny Hollerd.
Speaker 2: Second, Kenny Hall second, because you know, the big explosion between was Naka Mizrahi and then I have was not winning that amateur not curse, but the draft of an amateur winning is being broken. Middle America celebrates and we see plumbers and competents and lagas all coming next to here to the WSP main event, and we have eleven thousand playfield, all right.
Speaker 1: I got Braxton Dunaway second, and I got Michael Mcrocky as with the most potential. Again, I think I think these two the potential for them to play some absolutely outrageously crazy hand Braxton and Rocky is like, I think that potential is so sky high and I absolutely cannot wait to see it. Yeah, Like, I think it's just set up for that. I don't think in any way, shape or form, Braxton dun always going to back down for Miss Rocky. Of course, I don't think Miss Rocky's gonna back down at all. So this is basically both these players are gonna put their nuts on the table, and you know, whoever can just big dick this thing the best, this is gonna come out on top. So I'm very much looking forward to it. I think if it does come down to Miss Rocky versus Doneaway heads up, and they are in any way, shape or form deep in chips let's say thirty to forty big blinds at least each, then we could see one of the most epic heads up matches we've ever seen. Because like, these guys, again, I don't think they're gonna back down from one another. They both like to play a bit of street poker. I don't think that they're you know, theory studied type of guys. You know, I think they're just gonna get in there and they're just gonna battle accordingly, and you know, try and throw a bunch of big haymakers and whatnot. So you know, I got Braxton Dunaways as you know, the second most potential, and then I got Michael ms Rocky as the first. And part of part of Miss Rocky is like where he is on the table, He's got wa Wasnack the chip leader to his direct right next to him two to his right is done Away, So he's got he's got good position right and then behind him he's got Lee, he's got Djokovic, he's got Hendrix, he's got ming Guinea. So like those shorter stacks are all behind him. So I think I think his seat lines up very nicely too, doesn't Miss Rocky. So yeah, it's probably the best seat. Yeah. The title of course for all the listeners out there. If you guys want to give us like your nine in order, you know, you can either like pick the finishing order. You can give us who you think is like most likely to win, all that sort of stuff. Send an email to podcasts at PokerGO dot com. We'll take a look at it before this final table goes live. If you're watching on YouTube, just drop it in the comments right below the video. We'd love to hear from you guys in terms of how you think this thing is going to shake out. Even if you don't want to rank the nine, you know, give us your winner, give us your top three, give us your biggest prediction, your boldest prediction, whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Again, love love, love to hear from all the listeners and the viewers out there.
Speaker 1: Final little segment here on the wspe MANIV and then we'll touch on the other stuff and then we'll get on out of here. But your three favorite story arcs for the final table? What do you got for me? Favorite? Yeah? Favorite? Like, what are you most what are you most interested in? Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out?
Speaker 2: I guess the first one to me will be, I mean, are we doing this in order or just no? I think it's pretty obviously just Leo Maggett's female Chasing, you know, Barbara Enwright's record fifth place. I think that's the biggest, biggest storyline. I think that's what kind of a lot of them meat you can see on media today, you know, whether it's Poker News or all the other outlets that that is the story that's kind of taking over. So seeing how that concludes where Layer finishes. Can she best Barbara's finish? Can she go on a win? Can she be the first woman? Can she be the first woman to be top four, top three, top two? You know, just to keep pushing that boundary higher and higher.
Speaker 1: I also have her on my list, so I'll just touch on that now. You know, first woman in thirty years. We've mentioned that many times already. To make that ACM main event final table, I mean, winning has to arguably be the biggest moment for a woman, for women in poker.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it has to be, like nothing will best that this.
Speaker 1: Her winning I think has the the biggest mainstream potential, Like I think there is some other mainstream potential here, yes, but I don't think anything is anywhere near as close to Leo Margette's winning this. You know, I think that this can certainly spawn some global media coverage from non poker endemics and you know, really get the messaging and the and the the wording and all that sort of stuff out there. I also think that if that does happen, I think she's got a really good head on her in terms of, like, you know, wearing the Ambassador crown, like, I think she's she's certainly willing to do.
Speaker 2: That, especially win Max too, So it's yeah, gonna exactly.
Speaker 1: So I think that she's she's kind of like set up perfectly for that should it happen.
Speaker 2: I think we should just add to Leo that, you know, the World Series always want to see you know, open bracelet events being one by women. But outside of that, you know, it hasn't happened so far. But think of like the success they have had. You know, we talked about we're fresh af Kristen Foxon's was the twelfth place finish last year, okay, thirteenth, thirteenth, twelve thirteenth, very good, very deep running the main event. Then we come this year. We have Essa Taylor, you know, third place in some say the toughest event poker event in the world, the fifty K Poker Players Championship. Then we have showed a oka goodo back to back in the latest champions So solidifying that she is legitimately a goat and that's you know, Japanese poker player. We've talked about the rise of the Japanese this year. We had one win embracelet last night in the toss. You know, those kind of things just really stamping the case for just women, kind of crushing the poker scene and not you know, being an afterthought like it was, you know, unfortunately many many years ago.
Speaker 1: And then one thing I do on a hit on so I found this hand when she played it on day one, Leomar gets it was up against a player named DeSantis. Steve DeSantis? Was it Steve DeSantis? I can't, I can't remember, but she got him to fold two pair. Okay. The board was Queen ten nine nine ace, he had ace ten. He bets the river for around twenty five percent pot, and she goes all in with ace four.
Speaker 2: Say the boat one more time.
Speaker 1: Queen ten nine nine ace, he's got ace ten, he bet he has eighteen K left. He bets six k. The pot was twenty three. She covers, so he bets the third of his stack on the river. She jams the river with ace four. He takes forever and then folds and how about this she covered him. If she lost this hand, she would have been like for sixteen k, which you know, I mean, yes, you can come back. It's very early. The blinds at the time were two hundred four hundred, so you know, still very early in the med event. Yes, but I mean it changes everything. Yes, it really does change everything. Or what's your next story arc?
Speaker 2: I guess it's the return, the resurgence, however you want to phrase it. With Michael the grandam Israehi. Obviously we've we've touched numerous times about the fifty k PPC, and you know we're comparing this year twenty twenty five to say twenty twenty sorry, twenty ten when he final table did he finished in fifth. He also won the PPC back then. He had three other final tables that WSP fifteen years later doing it all again. So you know, it's just kind of pretty amazing to see this and we'll see how that kind of story, How does that story and does it It can end in so many ways obviously, right, there's nine places you can finish, but I think there's kind of two ways. He flames out, you know, the hot run ends, you know, everything goes called for him and he maybe tumbles out in seventh place. You know, oh it just it doesn't end the rise of is right. He continues, you know, he gets to the next day at the final table with you know, two hundred million in chiefs, and then he just closes it out, wins. He's an eighth bracelet, right, that would be yeah bracelet and just really stamp his name is as one of the best WSP players of all time.
Speaker 1: I also have ms Rocky here. I mean, the guy's already a legend. You touched on a lot of it there, but this would truly complete the resume, like this would for sure, you know, put him into just I mean, I don't even know Hemisphere iconic status. I mean, it's just it would be incredible. You know, he's one of the few still very active players from that you know, two thousand and three each of twenty ten poker boom era, right, and he has that that aura about him and he certainly if you've been watching him through this run, he's he's got the fucking mojo back, baby like he is like you know, arms are in the air, like he's cheering, he's high five in his rail so like he's gonna be great theater on this final table. He's wild, he's aggressive at times, almost like times when you're like, what the hell is he doing? He's entertaining. He is like, if you're looking for somebody from this final table to sell poker to the audience, miss Rocky is the guy. So I'm looking forward to that as well. And then what's your last one?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking I'm going a little off script, but who knows. The way we've been kind of okay, been making each other. We never know, you know, I think you if you sell the bio sheets up, but if die Hung Lee, you know, can really make a run.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now we've talked about the Japanese players South Korea obviously location wide is very similar. But we have a saying over the last few years the upward trend of South Korean's come in the World Series and having a lot of success online Live here or you know WS for Europe or Paradise. And I think he mentioned something in his bio about, you know, using the money to help grow poker in South Korea. So yes, one million dollars does a lot, probably ten million dollars does a hell lot of more. So you know, if that story, some would say it does ten times more than is true. That is that math does math? What does that mean for poker in Asia, poker in South Korea? And you know, is he if this is true, if he's going to follow through with this, you know, there's not much more you can be, like you can ask from an ambassador, a world champ to give back to your country, to try and grow the sport that made you, you know, famous poker. So you know it's a little it's you look, the chance of it happening. You know, the fact that he's one of the shorter secks may not happen, but we've seen, we've seen funny things happen. I think that would be an incredible storyline if that can be manifested by if the cause can fall right for Dahung, he can manifest that and then he can follow through with his you know what he stated and really make a difference back home in his Outh Korea.
Speaker 1: I got a different one, so we're not gonna have all the same ones, which is good. I'm going with John Wasnock. I don't know, the more I've like been talking about this guy, the more I've been writing about him all that sort of stuff, you know, the amateur, the recreational. Yeah, I know, I keep saying the token old guy. You know, I say that with all the love and respect in my heart. A bit of a Cinderella story in the whole thing. You know, it can certainly inspire the more casual players, you know, keep that poker dream alive. You know, so many of us talk all the time that, like you get down to it in the wspa med event, it's all just killers left, Like it's just that's just how the structure is. Everyone's so good these days. But you got a guy like John Wasnock. You know, he is an investment consultant by day. He's fifty years old, he's a father of four.
Speaker 2: I love this story, right, I love this story like like the the non professional poker player in me because I don't play professionally, loves this. And I almost like I want this guy to kind of win, you know, I mean I think there's obviously like Lao Margrets would be great.
Speaker 1: I want her to win. You know, Michael was Rocky would be great. Want him to win. You know, John Wazneck, Like I'm sucked in, you know, I think it's easy to sell him as the everyman. So that's that's the storyline. That's the arc that I'm gonna be attached to. And I know that we didn't have it on here, but I'm gonna throw it your way anyway because I heard I can't remember who i'd heard talk about the other day. But is there even like a villain? Is there somebody that people are gonna be anti sweating out there? Yeah? Who die hung Ley?
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree, there's any one reason, And it's kind of a sad reason that way, he's the villain. You know he's been wearing a mosk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, that's the reason. Like people only I think the same thing because we see it when like Ackston is on the table. Yep, it's just non stop. Yeah, it doesn't end. And like so I think people are gonna tune in and like if they haven't been following along, you know those people that we say always just tune in for the final table, They're gonna be like, who is this guy in the mask? How come he can wear a mask? Take the mask off? Like, well, that's that's also like we're we're assuming he's gonna wear the mask. Yeah, of course, assuming when you showed up for pictures today, So I'm assuming he's gonna wear it the whole way through. I do get some like sub zero Mortal Kombat vibes. Oh yeah, you know, because it's like that type of mask. No, but it's that type of mask, you know. But I'm just saying, like it's it's it's not like a It doesn't look like a medical mask. And it looks like almost like one of those like those ski neck things that you pull up to keep waring. You know, It's not it's not like a I know, I like Hackston wears like the N ninety five mask or whatever, like this is more of like just a whole neck covering. I'm also curious if, like I mean, I don't even know if this is possible, Like, is there even a chance that basically like says anything about it.
Speaker 2: It's no, it's fine, you can't you can't cover the rule things. You can't cover three things. You can't cover your face, sunglasses and a hood So you can have two of those three. So your glasses and the mask is fine. The mask and the hoodie is fine, or glass and hoodie fine. But once you add all three. That's a no no now. I also with a hood is it much difference with a hood in the hat?
Speaker 1: See, I don't don't know, Benie like that, like the like the Safari hat that you have, Like, what's.
Speaker 2: The way the way the rule is written the hat is doesn't counter as this. It's just hoodie glasses masks. So you know, I've seen multiple times players get you know, told by the floor you need to remove one or the other. I've seen players complain about other players, so it is being in forced.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: His mask is obviously substantially bigger than the kind of N ninety five's that like Isaac Hackson wears. But yeah, we'll see you who knows, maybe he you know what, maybe he has a big cold sore on his cheek and you don't want that in photos, Like we don't you know, we don't know the reasoning behind it, and we're not here to judge, but we know that people will judge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, I don't. I don't care if he wears a mask or not. I don't. I know you don't care either, But we're just saying that, like if if, because there was ever a reason to hate on anyone. I think that's the reason that people will pull out yep, Like I don't think any of these guys have done anything or said anything that would be like, you know, and I'm gonna I don't like that guy because he said something to a different player that I like, or he did something to a different player. No one's done any of that. So everyone is pretty much just has their own version of a feel good story here that I think people are going to latch onto. But if anyone were to latch onto the other side of it, I think they're going to latch onto the mask thing with Lee, Yes, and you know, I mean obviously we'll see it in the chat and in the comments, you know, or possibly on social media. Hopefully that's not the case, but you know, I just know that when whenever I Caxon is on something, whenever you know, anyone is on there with the mask, like, it's just the chat is just on fire. For whatever reason, people just they can't handle.
Speaker 2: Who's going to be the best stressed and you getting trap the best as anyway doesn't need to be a.
Speaker 1: Not going to be Michaels Rocky because he sure you're not sure he's going to come out with some gold jacket or something. First of all, he's gonna have okay.
Speaker 2: Tequila comes, come on whatever, and he's hat how many patches, how many brands will be represented on Miss Rocky tomorrow. It's okay, We're going to include the oil in Brownie because you won't way ask something.
Speaker 1: But it might be on the table, so nobody's had I was gonna say six, yes, for sure.
Speaker 2: Funny has actually got a message from one of the final type of players, Adam Hendricks, you know, shout out Adam Hendricks. He asked me, Hey, if I get patched up, does the company need approval from someone?
Speaker 1: I believe the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: I think the technical orders you can't add patches once players out of the day, but you need don't. I'm not the person to ask, so you.
Speaker 1: Know that's a that's a that's a rule. Yeah, that's problem. Well, it might it might be. It might be w a p slash poker girl, but I don't think really you and I could answer that question. It's probably above us.
Speaker 2: I think the only thing way police is is like illegal obscene things like I.
Speaker 1: Think there might be a size requirement. It can't be too big. You can't just show up with a patch. Yeah, that big or whatever that's a grinder will probably show up with the patch that's that big.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna go with, you know, Adam Hendricks being the best dress because yesterday, sorry, on day eight, he was wearing a nice little two pieces you know, Safari kind of set the light green with the matching shorts. You know, he likes to wear brad things. You know, he drives the Tesla, but he drives the it's like painted like pink and blue, like it's got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, So I think he'll come very like street wearish. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like he he knows how to dress and he likes the wey like kind of bright things. So I think he'll come. I think he'll come with something dazzling tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I like it. As long as he doesn't wear that stupid Elvis wig. We're good. No, bring that back, that is good, I'll wear it. I'm gonna say the best dress is going to be Kenny Holler. Oh yes, I think he's going to have like a very nice button. Sure, it's probably going to be an expensive one. You know, he might show up with the blazer. Yes, nice glasses. Yep, nice classes. So I think Kenny Hollart will will show up nicely, Layo Marguets. I could see her getting totally done up for this whole thing. She's also been She's been generally pretty casual and comfortable coffee. It's the final table, so who knows, right, You never really know, miss Rockey. I'm pretty sure it's going to be black, black shirt with nineteen patches on it. Probably his hat that will probably be backwards or sideways at some point in the middle of some hand he'll be ordering many drinks. And yeah, that's kind of okay.
Speaker 2: Next follow up question, we let's let's insert us at this final table. Okay, we're in there. They called it when they need an alternate. We're first up.
Speaker 1: What are you wearing? Probably, I mean, whatever it is, it's going to be black, okay, And I don't know, it's going to be some sort of jacket or something, because I personally like to be like covered up, Like this is the jacket I wore pretty much the whole run, other than the first day when I started on toil for the US, but I like to just have my arms and stuff covered up. I don't know, I just maybe there's like tell things that that can happen with that, but also it just makes me feel comfortable, right, So I don't know. I'd probably go get like a nice jacket or whatever on my day off from somewhere that's way too expensive, but if I'm making a million dollars, I would be willing to.
Speaker 2: Spend a couple hundred bucks on the jackets. Fine, So yeah, I think I would go a cowboy hat. I would probably do like a nice shirt, like a button down. I would pay a comfortable button down, not like where I feel like I'm like too stiff, but like it's just something maybe a little bit loose, but just nice and comfy, and you know the cop You know, people don't know, this cowboy.
Speaker 1: Hat looks really cool, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I do like is that depending on the hat, it kind of if it drops down a little bit, players, players can't really see your eyes. Yeah, you know, I kind of like to hide under there. May put some nice glasses on it and try and look stylish, but the cowboy hat does have.
Speaker 1: Some you know, practical reasons. Yeah, No, definitely, all right, Well that's going to do it for the WSP Main Event Final table preview. We went pretty long there, but it was all good stuff and I'm happy that we did it. As for streaming Tuesday, July fifteenth and Wednesday, July sixteenth, the plan is to start at three pm Pacific six pm Eastern time on both days. For Tuesday, that is for sure locked in, So six pm Eastern three pm Pacific is when the stream will start. Is available on PokerGO dot com exclusively. There will be a one hour preview on the poker Your YouTube channel. I'm doing the one hour preview, so if you guys want to hang out with me for an hour, you can, but then I'm going to kick you on over to PokerGO dot com. If you need a subscription, use the promo Code podcast to save twenty dollars off your first year of an annual plan. And then for Wednesday, the plan right now is same start time six pm Eastern three pm Pacific for the stream. Now, that can also change depending on what happens on Tuesday. Yes, if they play super souper long, maybe we delayed a little bit, give the guy some rest, you know, all that sort of stuff. So right now the plan is six pm Eastern, three pm Pacific, start time for the stream each day for the next two days, but stay tuned for Wednesdays to lock that in. We're going to have on the call. We got Brent Hanks and Jeff Platt who are going to be joined by sportscaster Nick Wright, which I want to try and get him on the podcast at some point, maybe tomorrow. I'll talk about this experience, so we'll hit on my right. I talked with him in the middle of I think it was the three K So he's going to be on Natalie Body's going to be on sidelines, and then you're also going to have Ali Najade and Nick Shulman who are going to be doing both their night shift and the breakdown. Yeah, so I'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: To that's gonna be an interesting say how they do that now.
Speaker 1: Two days ago Nick Wright, who's been watching the main event the whole way. He loves poker. He's always watching. He said, he put on an X at get Nick right. As far as storylines go, there's a very very clear top three potential winners. This was with seventeen left in the main Number one Layo maur guest this isn't He says, this isn't debatable, would be the first female champion, will be the biggest poker story in decades. Number two Miss Rocky eighth bracelet PPC slash main double and acclaim the great greatest single dubisip ever. And then he also listened to number three, which is now gone up in flames. But that was Tony Greg he wrote, he wrote a poker fenom who walked away at the top and came back and shipped the main That would be unreal, he says. Obviously, any winner will have a cool story of their own, but those top three, particularly Margetts, obviously would be a different animal. So Nick Wright, massive poker fan, shout out massive, absolutely loves it. He's going to be getting in the booth alongside Jeff and Brent for these two final table days and that should be a hell of a lot of fun. So tune into Poker Go to watch this all go down. All right, sir, now it's your turn. Please let us know what the heck else happened here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, And I'm not prepared at all. Biggest event ten K six max. They just bagged up Sam Sarvao.
Speaker 1: Bagged up They were supposed to finish today I'm pretty sure they were supposed to finish today. I'm gonna pull that up right now. I remember it said play to a winner on the the clock today. When I was looking at it, you are correct. Okay, that was interesting.
Speaker 2: So that bagged up Sam Sarvo massive shout out, massive chip lead. He's one hundred and eleven big blinds. Daniel Vicente, he has twenty nine big lines as he kept to nineteen big bindes. Clemens Roida five big lines. So Sam Sarva looking to pick up another bracelet. We had the Lucky sevens, the seven seven seven Lucky sevens conclude. Nelson Murray Sanchez won his first bracelet. He is from Mexico. He won seven hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars seven. Yes, that's yeah, seven hundred and seventy seven seven seven. Yeah, it's so hard to say. Other event, eight hundred Deep Stack was won by Mariano Barfagon. He won two hundred and fifty two K. That was a little kind of a deep stack turbo. And then we have the three thousand plo playing out over here. They just bagged up to Brad Albernik chip leader. Ryan Lang second in chips, Joshua Ledeen's, Richard Greico, Zachary Swartz, Joe Sirock, Daniel Zach, Jeremy osmas Chino, Riemeli Orsigon, JC Tran all in contention. There twenty one players left on thousand and eighty eight total entrance, four hundred and seventy one k for first that huge, huge trust prize there and then two events kicked off today. We had the fifteen hundred dollars buy in the closer. That's Day one A Day one B is tomorrow. That one just completed. Jacob Migle the one of the chip leaders, Julian van Pelt and Leo Lombondazzouzi, both from France, both of the chip leaders. Day one be tomorrow, then Day two that kind of gets a little faster, that wraps up to at the end of the series. And then the other event to kick off was the twenty five k hi roll the Horse all the Way in Paris, all the way in the Corner by themselves, which is a little weird as we thought, but seventy seven players bagged in that one hundred and twenty one starters KINE class Chip leader Paul Volpi second in chips, feil Ivy third in chips, So lots of heroes left in this. This has got obviously two more days to go, but that's kind of what's been happening today. Tomorrow, Tuesday, July fifteenth, Day fifty of the World Series of Poker. It is the penultimate day of the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker, Day one B of the closer, Day two of the twenty five K horse high Roller with registrations still open, and then we have the five K no limit hold them two day of kicking off. That is the penultimate event of the World Series, Event ninety nine, and then the final day we'll crown a world champion and we'll also run a one K tobo.
Speaker 1: So it ain't done yet. It ain't done done yet. Two more days of the w Spmian Event, all that sort of stuff that Tim just wrapped out. We are getting to the very very very end of the twenty twenty five WSOP. But we still got a close with a bang baby, Yeah is that all you got? And he can you know what?
Speaker 2: I got a quick shout out from someone on Twitter already let's go, okay, let me pull it up real quick. He tweeted us a couple of days ago, no one responded to him. That was very ride of all of us. Then he just tweeted again. He goes by his Twitter name is Doug in Tucson, but he's like, you know the name. He puts his Doug in two Son aka the Red and Blue Guy, and he's got a bear, an an hour, and a cactus in his thing, so he's got all of it going. He talked about the stream and the guy's talking about how the Horseshoe event Center needs a new name. He said, I agree, I got it for you. He should be called the call a Sum. The call is a call a Sum.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure about it. Hit with me, doesn't He tagged all of us, and then today did it again. He tagged us directly. You know, there might be more important poke topics going on this week, but let's keep some momentum on this nickname. If you aren't down with the call oseum, I'll effort some more options for you to spitball on the pod. Dug in twos On aka the Red and Blue Guy with a bear, an arrow, and a cactus. You need to come up with something else because the call Oseum, although I love it, would be perfect if we were, say at Caesar's Palace, you know, somewhere different. This is, this is the Horseshoe, and this is Paris. We're not in Italy, We're in France over there and here over there, here were the horseshoes, so we're kind of I guess Texasy, right, So you need to come up with a Texasy name. I think a Western name, someone with cowboys, something with boots and spurs. And then we can name the Paris ballroom something very frenchy. So that's Coliseum. Although I love it, it's out Doug in Tucson, AK the Red and Blue guy, Bear Arrow Cactus.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for us. He's him Duckworth. I'm Donnie Peters. We'll talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Express