Speaker 1: All right, it's Tuesday, and you know what that means. Another edition of Ignition, brought to you by the AW Fanhud podcast team, and we do have a couple of things that have discussed this evening. I wanted to start off with the low hagging fruit, I mean Jericho versus Cardona that I know we're talking with this AW podcast, right, we should be talking about AW things, but we're actually talking about GCW things. So, you know, about three weeks ago, we had all that controversy with Ricky Starks and Willie Mack getting pulled out of all those GCW events, and that both companies just kind of let the internet like fumigate, you know, they let it boil on this and everyone was speculating that it might be politics or it might be an interview, and it turns out, guys, we got worked. Jericho shows up to GCW during Matt Cardona and Fie, both of which were contributing to the clout machine that was, you know, the past three weeks of drama. And then Jericho shows up, clocks one, clocks the other and then drags one on the other and does his thing. I'llah, painmaker, I mean, he's done this come back a couple of times. But I mean, guys, we got work all the time. Yeah, we got worked.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: But Jericho needs to find something else to do surprises because that's what he always does. He unmasked Farewell, I'll do your mask whatever. But I liked it so so there's no disheartened there.
Speaker 4: But it was a good deal, great segment.
Speaker 5: I like the whole thing, just for the fact that Tony kompool one over on everybody. He said, you want to keep talking shit on me, I'll show you how to talk shit and he did it right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean, like not not to mention that that definitely establishes a working release in relationship with GCW, and they major league put that company over. I mean, their social media is blew up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he talked they might be signing Cardona.
Speaker 1: I heard. I was about to bring that up. They it was mentioned that they offered him a uh, they offered him a contract, but I believe that was more of a connotation for ring of honor, you know, Like, I not that I think that wouldn't be an upgrade having him on a you know, a program, But that's a Jason d aw But to be honest with you, I wouldn't sign the dudes at the top of his career. He's worked every single in d promotion. He's thirty five thousand dollars just for showing up per diam. I mean, like, and he's doing why go ahead?
Speaker 3: I disagree. I think it's a great move for him. What else is he gonna do on the nd scenes, He's done it all, he's been with GCW, he's been around. I mean, I don't think I would do a poer appearance contract with him and and they still sell his merchandise and stuff and let him run as have him beat Jericho and then let him run with that title because he he's the biggest stars Jericho is. In my opinion, he's younger, and Erico is not able to carry that or olish for long. I mean, he's he's great at what he does. And I guarantee you this whole GCW was was Jericho's idea. But I mean I think needs uh Matt Cardona and he could use it too.
Speaker 1: You know, I honestly a hot take. I think Jericho has been cooked for years. The dude starting to look like a soccer momb more between programs every single program. Not that I'm not in love with the idea, and I don't agree that I they don't think that Matt Cardona is a much bigger star, But I mean at the same time, I mean, like the dude kids continue to lay a foundation and have and you know, a per appearance contract, which I think is a better idea than getting signed full time. I would say per you know, per appearance with the ability to do whatever the hell he wants on the indies. They don't stop any of their guys from selling our pro wrestling teas dot com or showing up the conventions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it certainly seems like he enjoys working the dependence, but mk, I gotta agree with what you said earlier, like this is almost becoming too cliche for Jericho to show up hit the Judis Affect unmasked. Oh my god, it's Chris Jericho, Like, dude, you need to do something different, like maybe if you if you're gonna show up to another Promotions event or whatever hit like the Codebreaker or something, not just the Judics. Fact, that's just an idea.
Speaker 2: Why would you change something that works.
Speaker 7: Because it's getting still it's getting still it's getting.
Speaker 2: Listen. It still does what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 5: It it gets over the people, the crowds enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter if it's getting still to everybody. But it's not. It wasn't. It's not put out to the people who are fans of a W.
Speaker 5: That's to involve g c W and the thing everywhere he goes.
Speaker 4: But second Jericho got in the ring, you knew it was Jericho. You could see that.
Speaker 7: And he does the same thing when he does this thing unmasked after the judas No. Once, I agree, you should have done something like a code breaker or something like that, and it would have meant a lot more, had a lot more impact if he close on Cardona and then hit f with the code breaker because of all the stuff on social media, it would have just made the moment a lot more impact.
Speaker 5: Let me ask your question as you oh go ahead, how how much was that How much did that get?
Speaker 2: Did that improve g c everything g c W media right? Did it? Did it blow up their social media? Was it a big deal for j c W.
Speaker 5: Doesn't matter matter if people who are AW fans or other people who've seen Jericho all the time, it don't matter. It's not for you. It was did exactly what it was supposed to do. He comes into these into these small, not necessarily so small, but smaller independent places, and he does Jericho. People expect it from Jericho. He does what he does. Don't change something that works. That's that's ridiculous. If you're going to do that, what's the point and doing in the first place.
Speaker 6: Let me just clarify something super quick suitting. I'm not saying it was a bad like angle I it did exactly what you what the intention was. I totally agree. But at the same time, it's like, if you're doing the same thing every time, I feel like fans of whatever promotion, whether it's awgcw RINGA Bonn or WWE New Japan, whatever, are just gonna kind of grow tired of it and be like, Okay, I've seen this before, give me something different.
Speaker 4: Well, that.
Speaker 7: Is exactly what I've been saying. Thank you, Ron, thank you for that, because this.
Speaker 1: Is hold on though, let me expand on that. I have to expand on that. So I mean like that's per preference. I mean like there are people like I want to use Russell Media as an example, No one expected the Undertaker to be there, but when But did everyone pop the same exact way for the same entrance He's been doing literally yeah, since his debut in.
Speaker 4: No. First of All nineteen ninety well.
Speaker 1: Me and Mark Alloway. I was a little bit earlier, but yeah, I'm just I'm just saying, I'm making a point. It works for Jericho, not to mention it was intended to be fan service for everyone that has ever been waiting to see Jericho in an Indy. I have to agree with Suton, it's something that he's done for years. But I mean, like we all pop for different reasons. I feel like Jericho till it gets a lot of unmitigated hate because his career had his career stagnated in aw It's not a secret, Like he's not reinventing himself twenty seven more times the dudes carried more titles than that in just a name, not even physically, I mean like not even physically world championships, like he's had twenty seven different classifications of Chris Jericho through through dozens of more of haircuts. I mean, like it works for him.
Speaker 3: That's who he is, no doubt also that I think it's not nitpicking to see how he did it, and I'm glad he did come up and I know it was Jericho once Tony conn and said, look, we can make money off of this, and that's what needs to happen when he put grudges' aside and we need to figure out what's best for business, and what's best for both businesses was in the find to work together. I don't know if Effie will ever be on AWTV, but ever, I really do think that it's good for both of them to work together. And I don't know who's on that roster who well, I don't know who will congrate it back together, but if we work together, it makes wrestling better, and that's why we have to.
Speaker 2: What better way? What better you talk about?
Speaker 5: Everybody keeps saying that they gave Jericho the title because they're trying to get a TV deal. Okay, this work is the perfect way to get into a TV deal because Tony Coin proved that he can he can screw everybody with everybody's head without batting an eye, and everybody fell for it, everybody. And there's no better person that could have done that than than TK.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 1: But just to expand on that as well. I mean, you guys made it the max. You made the point of saying, like Jericho's presence was wasn't impactful. Excuse me, I was not being clear. It wasn't impactful. What was more impactful the Chris Jericho being the object or the fact that it happened in the first place, that we were completely worked for weeks and weeks and weeks and it was very well done.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me elaborate on that for you. Let me elaborate on.
Speaker 7: That, because no, but my thing, no, my thing is Yeah, the Jericho appearance to Jericho Swell was phenomenal. It did a mountain of good for g c W. And yes, I'll admit Tony Kahan worked us. I got worked by Tony Kahan and and as much as I hate admitting it.
Speaker 4: I'll give it. I'll give the guy his his flowers for that.
Speaker 7: He had the whole community, had the whole world on his head. But Jered, he does, he does. He does the same thing. It's the same Rinson repeat segment. He's done the same spot.
Speaker 3: Which he did.
Speaker 4: He does, That's what I was trying to say. He does, he does it so many.
Speaker 7: Times and it's and once again when he got in the ring, everyone knew it was Jericho, like there was no hiding it. But what I'm saying, what I'm saying is is it could have been executed slightly different for.
Speaker 5: Maximum effect, but it's not Jericho. It doesn't matter. It's like, like like Shane said, it's a it's a preferential thing.
Speaker 2: You want to see him do something different.
Speaker 5: I get that. Okay, it's getting it down for you. It's not always for you, it's not always for us. It wasn't for the a W folks. It was for gc W, plain and simple, and like Shane said, it was for the people at the at the ending that never ever expected to see Jericho and he showed up and he did Jericho thing and everybody knew it was Jericho.
Speaker 2: But that's the point.
Speaker 5: If he did something different, it wouldn't have had the same effect because it wouldn't have been Jericho.
Speaker 2: And the story, that's the way it works.
Speaker 6: The only pushback I have on that side is, while I get it, he's become kind of synonymous with the Judas effect since me into AW, when'd you also say that?
Speaker 4: Through throughout his.
Speaker 6: Career, a move like the Code breaker for it, just for example, has kind of been connected with Jericho for the most part. Would you agree with that statement?
Speaker 2: So is the Lion salt, So is the Lion tamer?
Speaker 3: So is he and that movie and that move literally hurts him more than any other movie he does.
Speaker 5: He's he's using the move that he uses now, that is his move. That is what he's doing at this point in time in his career. He's doing the Judice effect.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 6: I was purely just asking a question.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's the same thing as going, okay, well, let's see Shawn Michaels comes to the ring, he surprises people, comes out of the ring, and he does a kick.
Speaker 2: Okay, he does a super kick.
Speaker 5: Are you going to complain that he did his move that he's done for his entire career.
Speaker 2: No, that's what he does.
Speaker 5: So you don't have somebody come in and do something new when you're making a point.
Speaker 2: The point is they set Jericho in and they worked.
Speaker 5: Us hard, and this just the icing on top of the cake, on top of the other cake. They he did this. He did exactly what he's always gonna do. If he goes to MLW next month, he's gonna do the same thing if he goes to some other like anywhere you name the indie. If he goes to any indy, he's gonna do the same thing because that's his character. If he changes his character up again and he's no longer using the Judas off, he won't do that. But until then, he's gonna do what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Let's shift the uh, let's shift the conversation a little bit because we're kind of going around in circles. So you know, now, let's put up let's let's put Jericho behind us and talk about what this could be potentially for Ricky Starks.
Speaker 6: Yes please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like obviously, yeah, obviously knowing that we had all been worked by TK and this GCW thing might have been a ruse. Why do you think they pulled Ricky Starts from these events? Think it was an old bait and switch. We might be seeing Ricky Starks at World's End.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: The weekend that they did all this, they had the g c W thing where everybody showed up. It was like that I can't remember what it's called, but it's like the hardcore matches. They had same difference having the same weekends.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think blood Sport was the last one. I believe this was just a normal they had.
Speaker 5: They had an event that everybody participated in Moxley. Was there a couple of the people a W were there at the same time this is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Was it the event at the American Dream one here in New Jersey? Was it that event because I'm I don't remember the name of it because I know Rick promo.
Speaker 4: G c W here in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: But it happened at Heist in the Room three the Ukrainian Culture Center of Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Okay, Anyway, the point was that there was an event going on with GCW that AW people participated in the same time that he started pulling He said, they were pulling out and he started the work. That's when it started. You'll know for certain that it's helping Ricky Stark. If this event next Friday or this Friday?
Speaker 2: Is it this Friday? Is this Friday? If it's this.
Speaker 5: Friday at at the pay per view, the ROS pay per view, if Starks gets involved in the main event, you'll know that it was a complete work and it's Ricky Starks. Was his pulling him out? Was all part of of the work. If he doesn't show up, then maybe there's something else going on. But that's how I think is what I think is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a couple of angles here, so they get Ricky Starks involved. Cardona was slamming Starks on social media like, we didn't need your you know, second grade fed here in GCW, stay where you belong on T and T and TBS. He was like, straight talking crap. You know this could be you know, for all we know that Cardona actually could have been signed and they could this could be the main program of r OH. That kind of lips lifts it off the ground. I mean better than you know. Cardona, Starks and Jericho together, I think it's sad. I think it's sad if they're pant pulling that attention away from Athena and you won't get any thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: How are they? How are they pulling it away? Then they're gonna main event.
Speaker 1: One more time?
Speaker 3: How are they going to pull away attention when Athena and Billy starts for a main eventing.
Speaker 1: I was thinking in like the long term, I mean our Athena has been carrying ro O h I mean, if anyone deserves a professional wrestling accolade this year, it's the most tolerantly staffed, you know, women's wrestler on Earth. Athena.
Speaker 5: Well, I just think that deck can actually help Athena because honestly, to put the whole on her shoulders and make her carry it as much as they've made her carry it, and it's not like they're they're they're giving her other people opportunities. She's been the workhorse period, end of story. And if she if they lose her to an injury or something else, oh OAG is in serious trouble. So maybe this is a way for them to start bringing in some backup, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 6: To follow up on that side. And if you remember at Final Battle last year, who did Athena face Billy Starks, who is a Theena facing it Final Battle this year again, Billy Starks Like, maybe I'm pulling out Louise Straws by bringing that up, but it's just interesting to me that they're circling back to the same match, you know, a year apart.
Speaker 1: Basically, you know Rollin's I hear the fervorish tone in your voice. Are you hoping for a Starks on Stark's Final Battle? Oh god, it's a serious question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: That's not where I was going with this. I swear that's not where I was going with it. I will not be able to watch Final Battle because I don't have r O H TV and all that, so that kind of sucks. But it's just kind of interesting to me, like with this whole situation, to kind of circle back to the whole Ricky point is like supposedly he's been sitting on his hand saying no to everything Creative has thrown at him, and now for him to suddenly get back involved, doesn't that kind of raise an eyebrow a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of people's eyebrow. I mean, like to some degree, Yes, I'm gonna keep everybody lived, leave Temu Brand, Rock, Rocky, Myvy alone. No, I think Ricky is like a legitimate general, like a genuine talent Rollins to your point, I mean, like, yeah, I would raise an eyebrow, But like you know, this could have been work. He could have been unhappy for a short period of time. He could have been punished and been in the twenty con doghouse, and finally you know, stood up and said, you know what, I want to continue to wrestle. Let me get myself out of here and and pull some strings. Or he could be writing his own or if he could be writing his own way out to NXT in three to.
Speaker 2: Five, here's the scenario.
Speaker 5: Ricky Starks has been sitting out all this time, right, and whether it be for punishment or just because he didn't like his creative or whatever, but all of a sudden, Tony starts to work with g. C W says, Listen, Ricky, we need a seppure.
Speaker 2: We need a very.
Speaker 5: Good presence on R O H on the men's side, to help bring R O H that side of the roster up the par here's your chance. We're gonna put you in this program. We're gonna make it look like we're gonna we're just gonna screw you to death, and you're gonna get involved with this with Cardona and Jericho, and here's your opportunity.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that help help start so much to get the up and not only Cardona but Jericho also, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that far with Jered co in a w remember.
Speaker 3: Now there's some heat behind it. Now he's been gone a while, he says, you know what, you you're just here for a cloud. You're here for whatever I've been sitting on the show. I've I deserve it. You need to retire, you know. And Cardona say, look, I've done it better than you. I've I've reached the heights that you never will dream of because you can't and you're not as good as me. And and a three way battle with those three would be very fun to see.
Speaker 5: The only thing you're talking about two different companies. Whatever Jericho Starts did in AW doesn't matter in r o H.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you ask a question based off of that statement. If let's say they go into this program, you don't think the reference like anything they did on AW. You don't think like if Starts in Jericho gains is something on R o H.
Speaker 2: You don't think Starts.
Speaker 6: Would reference the fact that he beat Jericho twice, including a resolution.
Speaker 5: He might, but it doesn't make any difference because it's a brand new program, and I don't honestly, I don't think Jericho is going to be involved in this for long. I think that's I personally think that Cardonian is going to beat him on Friday, and that ends to Jericho's rain run.
Speaker 3: In r O eight, Erico is stepping stone to get started, and if cards he will carry that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's I mean, but look at all of Jericho's most monumental moments in the past two years, it's with him be putting something like look at Action, Oh my god, I had that Action and Drettie match where people are just screaming let's go job or like my guy like like it. It made it feel real. Let's pivot speaking about things that are real or are not and the distinction between someone perceiving them. We have Tony Storm, and it sure as hell looks like that she's developed quite the personality disorder. I'm gonna stay the obvious. To me, it looks like they're running a mental health angle. Shocker uh. And it kind of like I like this young, aspiring I'm and new Tony Storm character seems to be like like they might have beaten the childishness back into her. Either that or they're gonna run a multiple personalities angle.
Speaker 2: And what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 6: Absolutely nothing. I love it. It's hilarious to me, but in the best way. It's just like, wait, it's like Tony is God so insane. She's forgotten the kind of who she is.
Speaker 5: I told her said, like I said on the subreddit, this isn't this isn't a mental illness. This is a complete psychotic break.
Speaker 2: Match. Her losing that match to for the title, that was it.
Speaker 1: It put her.
Speaker 5: She's gone, there's no more. It's it's now. You're not going to see a multiple personality Tony Storm. She's gone back. She don't have a nie, she just has gone back to who she was in the past. It's a complete and honestly, it's a freaking great move. I think this is one of the good She had the best story of the year, and it's getting better.
Speaker 1: Well, I do want to point out I don't think it kicked I kicked her. I think it kicked her a little further back than where she was when she became timeless Tony Storm. I do want to point out two things. One bye by technicality, if this is the Tony Storm we have now, it actually means a timeless Tony Storm retired from professional wrestling. Yeah, it's like this is the modern day Cactus Jack dude love and I'm just like eating up right, I'm eating it up.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 6: Secondly, that that's fun. Is something you said super quick, which is I think she actually believes it's twenty twenty two because I think it was on collision. She kind of pro she goes Tony Storm is all elite like on the backstage pro bo, she's like introducing herself to thunder Rosa and she's reintroducing herself to Tony Shabani. So you might be right that this is like that. It's not a mental.
Speaker 7: No no no, it is no what Tony's happening is And I saw this when she returned. When she returned, she was making all the timeless like she had all the timeless face facial expressions. I think Tony Storm is having a full blown mental brewn she's gone to say.
Speaker 3: I really think she's using this to her advantage because if you look at some of her body movements too, she tried to go into his Tony Storm move when she went into went to the corner to go do the hip attack, and then she went back into into what she was doing. I think she's used this to her advantage and get people off guard and thinking she's doing this and she's gonna come back as thomless. Tony Storm eventually she's uses. It's not a mental thing. It's it's a mental chest thing.
Speaker 1: Well wait a minute, we're saying that this is the psychotic break and not her becoming timeless Tony Storm after being an outcast. I would have said the psychotic break was joining a faction with Soriah because she's doing such a bang up job right now.
Speaker 2: Well so right, you can't.
Speaker 5: Really that's not her. That's on that's on the that's on the that's on the booking thing. I mean she should be. And again that was something that was brought up. I was going to use as a popourri later. I don't want to talk about it now, but this is a perfect example of what is majorly wrong with the women's division.
Speaker 2: They don't use you, You got to give.
Speaker 5: I mean, the person that needs the most credit to this isn't Tony Storm, isn't Tony con It's RJ City Because the baby, this dude, this dude was insane. He needs to be put full time booker, full time story wrater. Get this dude a job doing for everybody, because if he could do the same for everybody in the company, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, this would be an unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, let's stick it. Let him coach the women, like if he's doing such an effective job, like they couldn't use like a little more. I'm not saying they could use more structure. The whole entire company could use so much structure. Structure, dude, but like I mean RJ City Rules I turned it to.
Speaker 3: I don't downplay what the Women's Vision is doing, though they have some great You know, Harley Cameron is doing her thing, making people laugh, her little comment on the on the break of We'll turn from these messages after she figures out who she is and stuff like that, She's doing great. Anna Jay is doing great. I don't want to downplay what the Women's Vision is doing. Yes, there are some people who can do better, but Sarria's had her run and I think she's just there to help so she doesn't need much. But the Women's Vision is doing good. They could do better, but they are doing phenomenal what they're doing. Her game.
Speaker 1: I will say straight up that AW has one of the most the poorest booking efforts for the women, but the greatest women's locker room in professional wrestling. And though they have all the best women's wrestlers on Earth next bar a couple of women in CMLL and new stardom. But yeah, let's shift directions here. We are onto the Fatal four way. I'm personally sick of this feud and want the belt to go on J White. But do you guys think this is gonna work?
Speaker 6: I do. I think there's gonna be some twist in the tail that hasn't been revealed yet. It's interesting to me that they're doing a trios match this tomorrow. I guess on Dynamite it's gonna be Moxley, Wheeler and Claudia. I think it is no pack. I'm sorry against J White, Orange, Cassidy and Hangman. And you know they're gonna tell the whole story of can they coexist? And it's like, uh, yeah, they can coexist. I'm looking at them on my TV s.
Speaker 5: It's a typical It's a typical go home show where you put everybody involved in the main event in a match, except this.
Speaker 6: Isn't the go home show because there's still two weeks to go.
Speaker 1: Are they actually gonna be airring? Are they going to be airing aw Dynamite next week?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be done on Sunday. I think it's taped on Sunday. Ah, okay, because they're not.
Speaker 4: Going to be all right.
Speaker 2: I was thinking this was the next nevermind.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the Hammerstein Show? Isn't that answer?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I believe too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Amaton's next week.
Speaker 2: Look, it comes down to this.
Speaker 5: You can either enjoy what's going on with the Death Riders or you can watch and just hang out and watch it. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's gonna be an interesting match. It's just gonna be it's good. This match especially, it's gonna end up being a it's just gonna be a banger. It's gonna go out, they're gonna have everybody in the ring all the time. It's gonna be a typical multimn match. It's not gonna prove anything. Can the four way work, It'll work.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the logical step.
Speaker 5: To involve a better class of people instead of going after the young people like they were doing in the beginning.
Speaker 2: This is the next step.
Speaker 5: After this, It's gonna probably be Darby or somebody else that's at that level. Hell, it could even be MGF, who knows. But it's it's that factor. Where they're gonna keep the title on mocks. I think he's gonna beat Orange Cassidy again at the four way.
Speaker 2: That would mean a lot of room between Huh.
Speaker 3: He can't be for of their best. If he beats for their best Queen, then the storyline needs to be over less the Shenanigans involved. Then that puts who's left? I mean, at some point it has to be the give and take. And if you beat the four best, who's been a champion? Hey Man's been a champion? Are two deserve to be champions? Orange Cassidy's done lost him a couple of times? So what's the point? Who who would be left? At some point? I think they're certainly somebody else is going to join a lot of people think FTR is going to join them. I don't know, but some we're going to turn the page somehow in the storyline or else it's dead in the water.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: I disagree with that. Also, you still have the elite that have to come back, and you have ind.
Speaker 5: There are so many people that could be involved with the Death Riders. You could have FTR come out because they've already got involved with them. So that's the next step. Instead of being against one person that's against the FTR the next one after that or FTR in Derby.
Speaker 3: Or anybody, they should win. There's no reason for John Moxley to be They're not a team. It's all the goal is to get rid of.
Speaker 2: But you're not gonna have that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 5: What's gonna end up happening is and he's gonna pin Orange Cassidy again, which is gonna leave the option for the other two to have another shot.
Speaker 2: That's the logical path for this. There isn't.
Speaker 5: This is it's way, way, way, way way too early to end the Death Riders and the storyline is going on because then you've wasted six months of time on that.
Speaker 3: I agree right now you're spendings.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I sudden, I boy agree with you on this, and I said this last week and I'm gonna continue to say it. The way they're setting up this fatal four way based on how we got here with you know, Jay Wayne uh Hangman having their two matches, Moxley depending against Orange cast it feels like they're kind of setting it up like WrestleMania thirty nine in the respect that in that match for the Intercontinental Championship, Seamus and Drew McIntyre kind of canceled each other out because they were focused more so on each other than they were on Dunther And in this match, I kind of think it could go the same way where Jay White and Hangman are kind of focused so much on each other they kind of forget about Hangman or I'm sorry, uh Moxley and Orange Cassie, do you at least see what I'm saying there?
Speaker 4: I fully agree with you Rowins, I agree.
Speaker 7: It was a complete like there was a point counter they counteracted each other exactly. I know, Den was the same thing that's gonna happen with Hangman at them page and Jay White it's the same thing. And then Orange Cassidy he's gonna get I think either Da or whoever is gonna run in and beat up on Cassidy.
Speaker 1: Mar Well Kelson made a very good yeah. Kelson made a very good point in the chat. He said, the logical the only logical path to that is for one of the three to turn on the other two. I mean, like and honestly right now, the only person I couldn't imagine that would do that is Orange Cassidy. Even then, I can kind of see that happening too, I mean, like the other what's up? Yeah, I could totally totally see, but like, well, if you can't beat them, join them, right. We've seen this a million times in professional wrestling.
Speaker 5: But like Rolla said, it's gonna end up exactly like that happens, is the way it always happens when you have these kind of matches. They're all gonna get a turn in a ring with with with with.
Speaker 2: Uh Max, They're all gonna get beat out on.
Speaker 5: They're all gonna do that, and then something's gonna happen where uh Cowboy's gonna hit Jay White or vice versa, which is gonna get them out of the ring and they're gonna start going at it outside and Orange is gonna get the pin. That's what's gonna happen. And then you still leave, like I said, You're gonna leave the opening for those two. This will be the last for Orange will either turn or he'll be done for a while because he won't have another reason to be in this match anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think no, I think Youda is gonna run in and hopefully not put a plustic bag of Orange.
Speaker 4: Then, but I have I have involved in the finish.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: The first the first setup, they went against Orange and he got beat Everybody's like, oh, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Who they gonna go?
Speaker 5: Then they had a stepped up hugely by involving two of the top guys that are that are pretty much totally opposite and have had part with each other. And you throw Orange in there, which, okay, that's just to keep him active in.
Speaker 2: It, I guess.
Speaker 5: But your step up is it's been going gradually. The next after this pay per view, you'll have another step up.
Speaker 2: It'll either be because FTR has been attacked by them. You'll either have it to go against.
Speaker 5: FTR for a while, or FTR and Darby or FTR and Orange or whoever. But there's always gonna be the next step will be a bigger thing until it builds to the final where it's ends up where either everybody that's on Marxrais side gets taken out and then he loses, or something major will happen down the road.
Speaker 2: But it's still too early.
Speaker 3: That world's end. We'll start a new chapter, so we'll see I mean.
Speaker 1: We got Wolf in the chat and he made a point. He said, Darby doesn't have a match during this pay per view. What if they do an angle before or at the beginning of the show where the Death Riders take out one of the participants in TK replaces that participant with Darby.
Speaker 2: Allen, that could happen, could be.
Speaker 7: Orange, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 4: That could be. That could end up being the greatest thing ever. This could angle.
Speaker 2: I got. I got a question for you.
Speaker 6: Push back on that, Shane, is because Darby is involved with the C two and the semi.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well, I mean like they did. They just did just cut. They did just cut that promo with Osprey and Darby talking about their match, and then they agreed that. Darby said I'm still doing whatever I'm doing in spite of the C two, and Osprey said, well, I need to we win the C two. But I got your back. You know, after this is done and over with, I mean, it's probable that like Darby is gonna keep doing what he's doing.
Speaker 5: But let me ask you a question real quick. So we went into this talking about how the Death Riders needed.
Speaker 2: To change something, and so the last fifteen minutes. All we've come up was about fifty different things that could happen.
Speaker 5: And this is this is exactly what this what what this storyline is about.
Speaker 2: It's about being unpredictable. Everybody complained there's not enough unpredictability.
Speaker 3: Aw, it's not unpredictable right now? Sure it is, because yes, it's been NonStop beat down after beatdown, and at some point there's no given take, so what so what? At some point you get tired. It's like the nWo I got tired them. Every week Boom, We're going to beat down and the end scene was then beating down people and laying them in the ring.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: At some point you have to say we're going to give a give and take. And if you can't do that, then that's not a storyline. That's a one side of storyline.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but here's the thing. And I know Kelson last week was saying like it's bad timing for them to be doing this storyline alongside the Sea too, and I say, no, it's not like you have these two stories if you want to call it, that are going to be more different. Like C two is everybody wants to go after the Continental Championship, whereas with the Death Rier's story, the World Championship is secondary. Moxley is like, I have the power, so that's what the Death Rier's story is about. So it's I think it's fine that they're running these two story stories or whatever you want.
Speaker 2: To call them.
Speaker 6: At the same time, I don't see an issue.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Max Caster. You know, Max Caster having a huge social networking presence as in anything new to anyone, as he continues to find himself in trouble with AEW's disciplinary Committee on a pretty frequent basis, this time controversially stirring over Ricky starts telling or if Maxcaster telling Ricky Starks to leave AW amid an extended television absence, amongst other very controversial things He's posted to his personal x during the Electric Times and pen post. I'm going to turn to our residential Ricky Stark's specialist here, Rollins. What do you have to what do you have to say on this topic?
Speaker 6: This is just like, this is just hilarious to me that since Max Caster has kind of taken on this whole best wrestler a live character attitude, whatever you want to say, he's kind of gone on this tirade, and actually, Shane, it's interesting I want to kind of bring you back in to this because you said some you put an interesting idea in the chat in our other server the other day. I think it was where you think this could be like a bait and switch with Ricky Starks m Max Cast in terms of the Hurt Syndicate. So if you want, I'll let you elaborate a little bit more on that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I I don't think that I mean to me right now, it makes more sense that, you know, Max Caster at this point tries to join the Hurt Syndicate and they turn him down and end up recruiting somebody else. I could foresee any of I could see Ricochet, I could see any of the three members of the guys do get it on on ring of honor like like there is. I could see Leo Rush and its action Andretti in favor of having another strong tag team in the in the faction. I mean, I think Max Caster is in for you know, uh, I think he had Karmas coming to get him at some point. You know, he's he's flu under the radar a lot of times. The things that he's been allowed to do and you know, cross those lines. So I just I'm not confident that Max Cast there's gonna be on our televisions for very much longer. I think he might take it be taken, Yeah, that I don't think. I think he's gonna be taking the Ricky Ricky Starks doghouse snaps sooner than later.
Speaker 6: I just I'm personally just enjoying this whole storyline. I don't know why. There's just something about this, like Max Caster, is he gonna join the Hurt Syndicate? Is it like a work or whatever phrase you want to call it. I don't know, there's just something about it. I'm really enjoying.
Speaker 2: Well, so let's be serious.
Speaker 5: Is Max Cast Do you think Max Caster is Hurt Syndicate material?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: No, he's not even close.
Speaker 5: No, honestly, honestly, of all the people on the ae W roster, the only person that I could honestly truly see being part of that group.
Speaker 2: Would be Hobbes. Yeah, there's nobody else.
Speaker 5: There's nobody else that fits that bill in a e W, there's not.
Speaker 2: The bill.
Speaker 5: Ricochet doesn't fit the bill, you know, Max Caster definitely don't fit the bill. But I think Max's mouth is going to get him gone for a long time.
Speaker 2: He needs to.
Speaker 7: But no, but Hobbs and the Hurt sign kid, now that would that would be fantestic.
Speaker 2: It won't happen.
Speaker 5: You know why, because Hobbs wants a He needs a face run. He needs a complete face run bringing like he said he he may had an interview and I can't remember it was, but he said that he plans on bringing more of his personality, his real personality into his character.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 6: Just to explain myself a little bit about why I could see Max Caster uh possibly joined the Hurt Syndicate and I responded to but Furon in our other discord server about this. I think MVP believes that if he pairs Max Caster alongside Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Lashley, then he can shape Max into something more than just a tag team wrestler.
Speaker 3: So you don't have a talent to be a singles singles person. He's not Anthony Bows at all.
Speaker 5: No, if you're gonna take somebody from that team and put him into Hurt Syndicate, it's Bowen's. Bowens might fit now forgot about him. He probably would fit in there. Too, but he is I don't I don't think he I don't think he fits for the his I just don't see him changing to a full on heel like the Hurt syndicate needs.
Speaker 6: You might but that can be a blue shipper, But I mean, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 5: I mean, and he does fit that blue chip thing because he used to be a baseball player. He was a pretty decent baseball player from what I heard, mm hmm. But I don't know, I don't see I just don't see a need for another person in the her syndicate.
Speaker 3: I would like Lee Moriarty to be in there, something like that, someone who needs to be called up. I think Lee Moriarty is still the the Ring of mar Pure Champions. But yeah, well what about it. He's unutilized and get him off of there. And really they need a young guy. They have the core group, but they need a younger person. Uh. There's been things about like queen and out of going over there and being uh and being there female in that group. That wouldn't be so bad to either.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna play Devil's advocate. What about Ricky Starks.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with him in it, but he's gonna have to come back and tell everybody he's fully on board with a w AND and stop trying to have one foot out the door.
Speaker 6: I mean you you definitely have my attention by saying that Shane's.
Speaker 2: Friday. Friday Friday is gonna have a you know, m K.
Speaker 5: I think you said earlier that there's gonna be that there's gonna be a new chapter. And AW started at World's end, same as last year. That was what their big deal was. They said it's gonna AW is gonna change after that, as sure as hell did because you had the bigger storylines for the women. You've had other things come around that they completely changed everything with with the m j F and and them. If it wouldn't have been for the injuries, imagine where we'll be right now with this whole The AW be a totally different place if you didn't have Cole and MJF hurt. I think that Friday is the r o H pay per view, and that r o H pay per view is going to be a major, major turning point in r o H. And a lot of the people were talking about, like Lee Moriarty and and some of them, they're gonna They're gonna be tied in and it's gonna be I think there's gonna finally be a separation between r O H and a W because they're going to need to separate because of the the way things are going to change.
Speaker 2: For r O H.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if they get that true TV contract. I mean r oh yeah, that's great. I mean that's fantastic for them. I mean it gets given finally giving people access to Ring of Honor without the necessity of the Honor Club subscription. Now the real question is, you know what happens when they need to throw Ring of Honor programming onto a streaming service outside of its dedicated streaming service and ever to be maybe to be.
Speaker 3: But would that hurt the MAX thing? Or they together or how does that work? Without anything about t B?
Speaker 1: I believe if now let me give me thirty seconds, I believe to BE.
Speaker 2: To BE to B is involved? Is it to be? I can't I use both of them. I can't think of which one. What to B is to B? I think? Has is it with.
Speaker 3: Fox three stuff?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, they have a lot of shows on like if it's on FI. It's like if you what's like on TBS and tn T. They have a lot of the stuff is going to be and if it's not already, but a lot of the shows they show on there will be on Max the next day. I think a lot of stuff on Fox will.
Speaker 2: Be on to me like the day after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's to me, it's too.
Speaker 3: Like that, but I.
Speaker 1: Think yeah to b is Yeah, it's a Fox. Uh, it's it is a Fox own company, so it is Fox adjacent and correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the international network deals for aw haven't they shifted? Isn't like in Canada? You know, Dynamites going to us A and then you know Fox dropped the WWE all over Earth and now WWE's on TBS and.
Speaker 3: And uh and talks on Mexico.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's all jumbled up right now. I mean curious how that would translate out to American audiences if they ever streamlined that or what service? You know, what if I for me, you know, if I ever wanted to see a ring of I like, I pay for Honor Club. But it's that and the only thing you really get out of it, yeah, is the legacy matches, Because I mean, not that the not that it's regular programming. Programming isn't watchable it is. I just you know, all of the best things that happened on ROH happened in between twenty thirteen and twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: So there's just too much.
Speaker 3: One on AWTV for me to keep up with Ring of Honor. That's why I think that they went on two B. I could go and watch TV at a later date.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure how that would look, you know, bring the platform is free, but I guess we will. We'll see in the future. So anyone has anyone have anything else they want to expand on that, you know topic before we wrap it up with potpourri? No, all right, all right, moving along, So we're gonna get to Pope Marie. This is the part of the part of our pod where everyone, you know, if they have something want to bring to the table that wasn't covered during our scheduled programming, the more than welcome to do. So, I of course will go last. If I have anything, We'll just go around the room. Max he got anything for us today?
Speaker 8: And I got that no oay, So one of the things I have to possibly add to what we haven't discussed already is I know.
Speaker 7: I just want to touch back on the whole GCW. Ricky starts this. That has the potential and I didn't really get to that rate on it earlier, but it has the potential to be the best thing we've seen all year from a W has the It has so much potential. I actually cannot wait to see what we get from this. I want to I am iam seed it and I am ready for this.
Speaker 1: Mh shaddy, what do you got?
Speaker 5: I want to bring up the I've seen some stuff in the reddit and on the thing about the upcoming cards, and one of the matches that I'm kind of wondering about to discuss with my son is the Mina Shera Cow versus Mercedes Monee for the their title for title. She's the Rev Pro, Mina's the Rev Pro Champion and the UH.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have a match at the UH pay per view in Japan, and I was discussing with my son the other day and I'm kind of hoping that she did. I don't think they're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: I pray that if it's a title for title, they do not put both those titles on monette.
Speaker 2: I think Mina needs to win them both, and I'm praying that she gets to win there.
Speaker 5: And honestly, I think Monee needs to have no titles for it to see what she can do with her character without titles.
Speaker 7: I agree that, fully agree they need to. I guess give A gives the Mercedes Monday character. I guess that that soft reset for the new year. We need that soft reset. Put the titles on Mina voice cement her I guess exit of stardom and and her entrance into full full entrance into the aw four. This once again, this could be some fun. It could be fun, and it could be refreshing.
Speaker 1: Uh wow, I want to make a backwards comment on all of that, but uh like the move on to really tough time to be a CEO CEO in America right now, guys, go ahead, rollins down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's not expand more on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we won't.
Speaker 6: I'm very interested in this tag team match that's happening tomorrow Chris Cage and Hug versus or No, I'm sorry I said that wrong, Christian Cage and Nick Wayne versus Hook and Katiyori Shabata. That that leads me to believe Samoa Joe is coming back soon.
Speaker 1: Well the did they wrap the shooting for Twisted Metal Season two?
Speaker 5: That I don't know, but I think last week someone said that they were doing reshoots.
Speaker 6: My guess is, if you're bringing Shabbaya back into My guess is if you're bringing Shabaa back into it. That leads me to believe Samoa Joe is coming back because those three have kind of been running together for a while. But I'm kind of like, I'm enjoying the feud, but it's been annoying at the same time because it feels like it's been kind of it's been so disjointed, Like you'll get something from Christian Cage and then it'll be a few weeks and then Hook randomly shows back up. I'm like, I want to enjoy this few Like, well, it's just been so disjointed.
Speaker 5: But you only got so much TV time, so you get some stuff in, you get some stuff you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently Twisted Metal Season two stopped. Uh they were done with the reshoots on November. The fourth will come back, Yeah, let's hope. So, abkay, what do you got for us?
Speaker 3: I want to get a huge shout out to their their content off of TV. I want to I watched Matt cardonas hey w I loved it there mention a mirror. I haven't watched the full thing of of that with Orange Cassie and Willow, but it gives an opportunity for talent to show off who they are besides in the ring and Orange Cat Casside seems out seems like a guy that I would have liked to hanging out with. He seems like a very full guy. He's around my age anyway, so he's a cool guy. And it just shows off what they.
Speaker 4: Can do well.
Speaker 3: Like I said with Cardona, I think Cardona could bring some more content to their YouTube and and stuff and you know, kind of do toys and stuff like that, since they're connected with that pretty heavy and stuff. I just like what they're doing and stuff. I would love for them to do more stuff like that and keep on building on it because it's it's tremendous for people to get to know who the rest of us are and identify them better than just seeing them on TV all the time. As as wrestlers.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to comment on that, if they they've had the opportunity to grow their social media presence on dozens of occasions, Ethan Page, Brody King, Smart Mark Sterling, Dan Housen specifically one of the biggest independent merchsellers in the history professional wrestling, Like who is still monetizing you know his social media presence as Dan Housen not being on AW two television. Pulling Cardona over for it seems like a cheap way to get something that you've had in your back pocket the entire time you've been a company.
Speaker 3: But Dan House is not Cordona. I don't care to listen to Dan Houson anymore. I've lost all interest in him. He was a nice little side show, but he's not Cardona, and he doesn't have the backstory and all that that I enjoy with Cardona.
Speaker 1: Simply, you have barely spoken this pod.
Speaker 9: Bring us home, Okay, let's see. Oh, I know, I wanted to talk a little bit about the GCW aspect that we haven't touched on. Something with a W and GCW that I heard about maybe two or three months ago was Megan Bain, who is in GCW being interested in coming over to ae W. She's one of my favorite women wrestlers. I like her a lot She's really great, and I think that if AW and GCW is doing something, I think that there is potential for Megan Bain to be worked into this story. And it also works in with Joey Janella, who she is dating in real life. And I've heard Joey Janella over the past couple of months express interest in coming back into AW himself. So I think that it goes a little bit beyond Chris Jericho and Matt and and Cardona and Starks. I think that there are some other people in the GCW company that have interest in AW that we very well may see, you know, on TV with them pretty soon in some crossover matches or something like that. And I also have adored Dan Housen, but he has aggravated me lately. He also is over there in GCW, so who knows, maybe he'll come back and bother us some more.
Speaker 6: And that's my takee.
Speaker 1: Well, So in terms of something I wanted to expand on that, and I'll use that as my potpourri is how intelligent it is for AW to have working relationships with all of these indie corporations, especially the indie corporations that are on a larger scale like GCW, who arguably could be considered to be like in that top tier, like definitely at the very bottom. I mean like it'd be like WWE, AEW, New Japan, TNA, and then like four more promotions later like AW all the way at the boo oh not AW. Excuse me, I can't even talk today. This is my whole, entire, the entire day. GCW at the bottom of that list. The GCW certainly has a lot to offer. They are more deathmanch oriented and they do a lot of more real life combat sports jiu jitsu type stuff. But I do believe it is a good working promotion to have a relationship with, you know, especially you know that they've grown a lot of AW main roster guys before they became AW main roster guys. So it's a good landing ground. And with that, anyone hells they have anything they want to say and bring the show back around.
Speaker 5: I just want to I just want to expand on what you were saying. I think it's cool as hell because for years and years and years all we had was WWE and they didn't work with anybody. All of a sudden, AW comes alone and TK is slowly making one of the biggest wrestling empires ever seen. He works with everybody CMLLL, he works with New Japan, he works with possibly GCW. He works with everybody and anybody he can work with. And I think he is actually going to build something that will make WWE look so small, and I.
Speaker 1: Love it, you know, honestly, like I want to believe in a perfect world that that could happen. I mean, WWE is the company that built professional wrestling out of America. It still holds, you know, the title of being the professional wrestling monopoly here in the continental US. Do I believe that there is a lot more professional wrestling that's worth watching than most of what happens on a ww programmer, Oh very much so. But you know, that's also been my flavor of professional wrestling preference. I watched WCW and ECW before I watched WWF back in the day. That's just what I preferred to watch. So I guess it's the different strokes for different folks scenario. But with that being said, I want to thank everyone who came to tune in to watch us this evening, the AW podcast team, the AW Fanhub podcast team, and everyone else. You guys, could tune in tomorrow evening for the Dynamite post show review. We'll get that started around ten fifteen. You know. That's all we got for this evening, folks. Thank you so much for turning in Cyanara.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, take care everyone.
Speaker 4: Aye.
Speaker 6: Bye