Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from k if I Am six forty on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: There is about well listen business.
Speaker 3: Ns model says it should work out, this bad time workout.
Speaker 4: It's Later with mo Kelly k if I Am six forty. We're live on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app and of course this Wellness Wednesday. Claude Cooper joins us in studio. It's great to see you, Claudine. Let's get right to it. We've talked about wellness within the context of working out and living our lives in a day to day fashion. But what about this idea of wellness centric travel where people are disconnecting, they're leaving their phones behind as best they can, traveling to places where they're not enjoying the trappings of modern lifestyle to somehow reset and recalibrate themselves. It seems like now we have wellness integrated in every form and fashion of our lives. It's not just going on a vacation, but a vacation which is wellness focused.
Speaker 2: Where would you come out on that.
Speaker 3: Well, here's my question. Do you work out when you're on vacation?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely, well, I definitely work out.
Speaker 3: Every time I go anywhere, I look for the hotel gym, I look for classes in the area. I definitely look for ways that I can move my body when I'm traveling. But I read through the article that you sent and I feel like we're seeking to get grounded or to go do yoga out of the country. Why can't we do it right here.
Speaker 2: Maybe at Iconics or something.
Speaker 3: I mean, we do it at Iconics, for sure, but what about just getting outside in nature?
Speaker 2: What about connecting with the sunlight?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Granted, I am fully aware that there are people who live in neighborhoods where it's unsafe for them to go outside. So I want to hold space for people who can't actually go out and experience nature because of where they live. But I don't feel like we have to necessarily take a trip on an airplane to experience the benefits of putting our feet in the grass, our face in the sunshine. What the article said, resetting our connection with nature?
Speaker 2: Why do we have to fly away for that?
Speaker 4: And I think there's something that would be for me depressing about the other word I can think of if you spend these thousands of dollars to go to this exotic location and the play trip each way just burns you out, so when you come back you feel as if you've had no vacation at all. I try to avoid spending a whole lot of money and putting so much pressure on a physical location that makes me feel better about life.
Speaker 3: Ooh, but now we're veering off in the direction of people who actually live their lives to wait for the next trip, the next vacation. You and I are one of the rare few people who wake up every day with a zest for life, excited to go do the job that we believe.
Speaker 2: We were created to do.
Speaker 3: But for many people, the joy that they find in travel comes from the fact that every day they're going to work at a job that really just maybe doesn't fire them up. But they get their beans way. You know, I've been there too. You know, they get their bills paid and it's not horrible, but it's not great, and it's not it's not making them feel like this is what I live for. You and I we probably go on a vacation and be ready to come back to work.
Speaker 2: Tell the truth, yes, vacations can be too long.
Speaker 3: Same and as far as being on the plane for many, many hours. I also feel that there are health challenges involved in sitting on a plane for many hours. A lot of people have to wear compression socks. There's a swelling that happens when you're seated for hours and hours.
Speaker 2: You're not careful exactly.
Speaker 3: So me personally, if I'm thinking about finding ways to recreate or reconnect with nature, I'm going to find ways that are closer to me in proximity. What are some ways in southern California that we can reconnect with nature without having to get on an airplane pay thousands of dollars to be in a wilderness retreat.
Speaker 4: It's interesting you say that, because, with the exception of four h when I was growing up, I was not one of those big outdoorsy people. We went to Joshua Tree, we would camp, but that's not something I would do as an adult. We were just talking about a story yesterday about how Los Angeles City of Los Angeles is ninety out of maybe one hundred major cities as far as parks. In other words, those we live in a very urban environment and it doesn't lend itself to that. So these are issues on top of issues as we try to find that place to disconnect in this world which is just full of electronic connections.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there is an answer.
Speaker 3: Well, here's a few tips for anyone who's trying to reconnect with nature and you live in an urban area, there are still ways that you can adjust your lifestyle so it's not dominated by screens and buy noises.
Speaker 2: So here's a few things that I do.
Speaker 3: I make sure that when the sun is up, my drapes and shades are all so up. That's allowing natural light to come in. And that's also resetting your circadian rhythm. Meaning when the sun comes up at let's say six in the morning, if you're up, that's when you lift your drapes and shades or open your blinds. Right, That's one of the things that spoke of in the article, that we are disconnected from our circadian rhythm, meaning we go to bed at these odd hours, we sleep at these odd hours. And as animals, which we are, we're just like a regular animal.
Speaker 2: We need sunlight.
Speaker 3: Our body needs rest, it needs water, and it needs sunlight.
Speaker 2: I mean, are we a plant or are we an animal? But you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, No, absolutely, we need all those things, and sometimes not that we are need to be watered like a plant, but we need to be tended to consistently.
Speaker 2: And part of that is also how we treat ourselves.
Speaker 3: It is another way is if you even have a small patch of grass. Let's say, like for me, I don't have a big yard. I definitely live in an urban area, a concrete jungle. I live next door to a football stadium, so there. It don't get much more concrete jungle than that.
Speaker 4: They let you play on the field, ask I said.
Speaker 3: Let yoga, Yeah, I sure have, Like, let's have a yoga class. I think.
Speaker 2: It's coming. It's coming, right.
Speaker 3: But I say that to say you can use a small patch of grass. Take your socks off, take your shoes off, place your bare feet in that small patch of grass, and you are connecting to the ground also called grounding, sometimes called earthing, and there is a direct benefit to your health by placing your bare feet in the grass or on the ground, not necessarily a concrete but.
Speaker 4: A viewer Darryl Sexton on our YouTube channel says, do like die hard when you get to your destination, make fists with your toes.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the same thing. If the same thing, we see it, we hear you, Darryl.
Speaker 4: When we come back, I gotta let you know about Claudine's weekly free workout, which is going to be this Saturday, and I'm gonna be there, so you get to CB fallout, pass out with Claudine and she puts me through my paces that are free community workout. Will tell you about that next KFIM six forty, YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 4: Forty KFI is Later with Mo Kelly. We're live on YouTube, Instagram and the iHeartRadio app. You can come join mo town and then be amongst the mo migos as they're calling themselves. I didn't name them that, but that's what they're calling themselves. If you want to be a part of the show in the YouTube or the Instagram chat joining me right now as we continue our conversation is Claudine Cooper. You can always go to Claudinecooper dot com and find out what's going on with her. But a part of what's going on with you, Claudine tell us about this coming Saturday in which I'll be joining you.
Speaker 3: Well every Saturday at nine am in Inglewood. There's a free workout and you know, we just do calisthenics, body weight conditioning. There's no equipment needed, there's no motors needed. Yep, it's outside. There won't be any feet in the grass because we have no grass. It's just on a basketball court. You wear your tennis shoes, something comfortable, and you just come with a positive attitude and a willingness to exercise. It's all levels, it's families, it's elders, it's children.
Speaker 2: Everybody comes.
Speaker 4: You'd have the times that I've been, this will be my third time you have anyone like one hundred to two hundred people in my own You are correct.
Speaker 2: I definitely have a big crowd.
Speaker 3: I never know this is so here's something kind of crazy about being in fitness mo And I think, you know, people get caught up in numbers these days. But when I've been teaching classes, sometimes I've had five people show up and then sometimes I have five hundred people show up. But because there's no registration, I have to have the same energy for five that I have for five hundred. Right, And because I love what I do, I hope that it does translate for five. But I remember a time when do you remember this when the gyms used to just tell you, hey, the aerobics class is at ten am on Monday, right, And then people would just come at ten am on Monday.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not like that anymore, guys. You got to hear what they do now. Now you have to reserve a spot. It's like Disneyland, literally, So check this out. No, I got to tell you because it gets real crazy about booking these spots. So the booking tool opens on a certain day, so let's say tool. Yes, and it's not just our gym in Englewood Iconics, but it's all gyms. In order for you to get into the class that you want, you have to have your phone, you have to have the app, you have to book the class, reserve the space.
Speaker 2: So listen to this now.
Speaker 3: Look, you told me to big up myself if there's something I want to share. So I teach pilates in a heated room. My pilates classes sell out in thirty seconds. How many people is that thirty people can fit in the room.
Speaker 4: And if I'm paying my money to the gym and I can never get into the class I want to get in.
Speaker 2: Is there any type of recourse?
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I teach so many classes, because I'm trying to accommodate the morning people, the night people, the lunch hour exercisers. So I do my best to work as much as I humanly possibly can. And then at that point I usually will tell people, Hey, someone might drop off, just come check and see if you can get a spot, and usually they can. But I really miss the days when the class was at this time. People just show up when the class starts and it's first come, first served.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, is there any penalty. Let's say I signed up for your pilates class and I don't show.
Speaker 3: Up, you are penalized. We charge a ten dollars no show fee. Ah okay, that that really snatched people up real quick. They stop, they stop doing that now they come. It's also an accountability tool, absolutely yeah, because people don't want to pay that ten dollars. I will say this though, mom technology has helped in so many ways. One of the ways, obviously, is now you know how many people are coming to your class, because if it books out, it's saying this is how many people are coming.
Speaker 2: But for my outdoor workouts, I like to keep it old school.
Speaker 3: Whoever comes comes, whoever can come, will come. And on that style of training, it opens me up to new connections, new people.
Speaker 2: I don't have a list to go from.
Speaker 3: I just welcome everyone who wants to move their body on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 4: I want to move my body on a Saturday morning. I'm going to join you in maybe one hundred to one hundred and fifty people at the Inglewood Hollywood Park retail district. Yeah, very quickly, let's explain how they should get there, where they should park, and how they can find us.
Speaker 3: Well, at this point, most people know where Sofi Stadium is, which is a good point of reference. But the actual parking garage is on ninety seventh in Prairie, and we validate the parking. There's a farmer's market. You can see it from Prairie. It's kind of like tucked in the basketball court. So once you get out of the parking garage, you just walk through the community and you'll see us. It's a big crowd. You can't miss us.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Do you have any specific plans for the weekend or are you making it up.
Speaker 2: As you go.
Speaker 3: I like to freestyle on the weekends. I work a lot Monday through Friday. I just taught a class before I came to see you, and I sat in ninety minutes of traffic.
Speaker 2: I do want to say that.
Speaker 3: I normally don't have to It's usually like somewhere between an hour to an hour fifteen, but today, I don't know what was going on on the freeways. Today I ended up sitting in traffic for ninety minutes. But it was well worth it because I got a chance to see you guys out here, and I love my CAFI family.
Speaker 4: So just let you know I'm going to be out there with Claudine on Saturday. If you forget all this information, you can go to Claudinecooper dot com. But I would love to see you, especially if you're in the chat. Come out and work out with us. It's a beautiful experience because you're outdoors. It's it's a different experience outdoors as opposed to indoors, and it's a nice way for me to reset. You know, I need to change up my workout from every now and then. I've done this hopketo tournament for the past three months. I need to change a pace, and this is going to be my change of pace. I'd love to see you out there, and Claudie, you can go ahead and whoop my ass.
Speaker 2: Again like you are. You know.
Speaker 3: He always says that you guys, but I want you to know that Moe is very athletic.
Speaker 2: I've never seen him fall out. Maybe he had to catch his breath a couple of times, but that's all part for the course.
Speaker 3: Everyone in the life pace myself, I was just gonna say it.
Speaker 4: I don't start fast out the gate because I know it's a long way to go.
Speaker 3: I always tell people, please work at your own pace. We are all on a journey. Everyone's at a different place on their journey. There's no pressure to go super hard or super fast.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but man, we have this ego thing.
Speaker 4: We can't have the sixty five year old woman running past us, and that's gonna happen on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you death to the ego. I got to tell you one to say, though. Yeah, I gotta tell you one thing.
Speaker 3: There was one woman and she was in the midst of chemo therapy, and she came out there with barely any hair, and she just whooped everybody, and I said to myself, girl, you are a beast because she was going toe to toe with me every move. So I say, go at your own pace, do your own thing. But if you can't push yourself, why.
Speaker 4: Not Claudinecooper dot com. I will see you on Saturday, Claudide. And also, please give out your social media.
Speaker 3: I am Fit with three. You can find me on Instagram, TikTok. I'm pretty much on all social media platforms, but I did go private on Facebook because the trolling got out of control.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta tell me, you know, you know, I just said, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stay public on Instagram and TikTok, but I am gonna go private for Facebook.
Speaker 2: Always good to see you. I'll see you Saturday. Always good to see you too.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty