Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 2: Ryde Ryan, Oh yes, sir, wait you wake key hands up. Kj's Rod Ryan show check it in Free beer Friday and thank you Specs.
Speaker 1: Come beer every hour for you straight up. At six seven eighty nine, I'm Old Greg. He's back. It's going for win number two in the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. I got your fun facts coming your way at at about six forty six thirty five fun Facts Today we'll do the fun Back flashback for a chance to go see Saint Vincent's I got the Summer of Loud Tour tickets. That's the one with I prevail on it at seven twenty Brian Reagan tickets going on sale today at ten o'clock. He's gonna be performing at the Buyou Music Center. He'll sell that out December fourth. I'll have tickets for you, the last pair before they go on Sale'll hook you up at eight twenty Open Phones Friday, and then we'll leave you with a slight anthem. Counting Crows tickets on Know the Show, ten percent chance of rain. Claudi's Guy's high of eighty seven. Check this out. Tomorrow ninety percent chance of thunderstorms, high of seventy eight, and then Sunday only a ten percent chance of rain, but the high will be fifty eight on Sunday. So crazy weather this weekend for sure. Good morning Alex.
Speaker 3: Good morning Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 1: Arazing day on the stock market yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the US markets suffered their biggest decline since twenty twenty yesterday, largely because of the fear the President Trump's new tariff plan is going to trigger a global trade war and drag the US economy into a recession. Major stock index has dropped as much as six percent and stocks lost roughly three point one trillion trillion dollars in market value, their largest one day decline since March of twenty twenty. Today, stock index future is drifted lower as stocks in Japan were hit for a second day and yesterday's plunge, the Dow Industrials dropped sixteen hundred points, that's for about four percent. The tech heavy Nasdaq was down six percent, while yes five hundred felt four point eight percent.
Speaker 1: I told London, she's on her own.
Speaker 3: She's like, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: No inheritance, no college fund. You're on your own, like she had to process that as a seven year old yesterday, right is gamble and sports guys? Is that that's the way to do it?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uncle Alex said, put all your money into some sports hoogs, all right? What else?
Speaker 4: Researches at Colorado State University predict that the twenty twenty five Atlantic hurricane season that runs from June first through November thirtieth, is going to be more active than usual again this year. Kind of weird that the people out of Colorado, where there's no chance of a hurricane affecting them, are the ones that are the experts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they also keep track of time for the country. There's Colorado is in charge.
Speaker 4: Of a few things, which is like Mountain Time's the weirdest time zone I know.
Speaker 1: But they've got like some like end all be all clock over there.
Speaker 4: Either way, they expect seventeen named storms, but nine of them becoming hurricanes and four reaching major hurricane status. Reminder, major hurricane status is a category three or higher. The forecast is influenced by warm than average sea surface temperatures in the Atlantic Ocean, which can create a favorable environment for storm development. While the forecast is above average, one of the experts told CBS News that it's a slightly lower forecast than last year's prediction. April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month, and you're gonna be thrilled to know that most people say they'd never.
Speaker 3: Drive while districting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is such a lie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most people also might be liars, and to serve a seventy four percent of Americans claim that they've never touched their phone while driving over the past year liars. Sixty five percent of people did say that they see other drivers using their phones while behind the wheel.
Speaker 3: I don't do it, but everybody else I see is doing it.
Speaker 1: You're all on your phones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 4: Eighty nine percent of people say they witness speeding at least a.
Speaker 1: Couple of times a week.
Speaker 4: Sixty percent of people say they see others speeding in school zones, and sixty seven percent.
Speaker 3: Witness red light running at least once a month.
Speaker 4: Seventy eight percent of people say they think the drivers in their state are reckless. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says distracted driving was the cause of over three thousand debts and over four hundred thousand injuries nationwide in just twenty twenty four alone.
Speaker 3: So you guys are all lie.
Speaker 1: You know what MA would say, Knock it off, knock it off.
Speaker 3: There's a new Western coming out next Friday.
Speaker 4: And it features Nicholas Cage and what maybe his most bizarre role yet, which is really saying something. The movie is called Gunslingers, and what's so strange about Cage's performance is his voice. He plays the part with a Southern accent, but his throat's so raspy in it that it sounds like he hasn't had to drop of water in months. The movie also stars Stephen Dorf, Heather Graham, and Sylvester Stallone's daughter Scarlett. And you could see the trailer for gun Slingers at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. This morning, the newest member of the one billion Streams Club is Metallica again. Their song Master of Puppets that we're listening to right now has now been played over a billion times on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Jesus Yeah.
Speaker 4: The band's share their excitement on social media, saying, quote, we're psyched to share that Master Puppets has just made its way into Spotify's Billions Club.
Speaker 3: Thank You.
Speaker 4: This is not the first time that their song is hit at number though nothing else Matters, and Enter Sandman have also hit.
Speaker 1: The billion stream mark before.
Speaker 4: The song famously gained renewed popularity after being featured in the fourth season of Netflix's Stranger Things, where the character Eddie Munson performs the song.
Speaker 1: Maybe consider them for the Super Bowl halftime show. Oh wait a minute, I'm sorry Jayz's charge.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're right, those of you tenn.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So what's going on? Give me some Final Four information?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Please the five force this weekend in San Antonio. Tomorrow night is when that's going down. At five oh nine, Florida's gonna play Auburn and then at seven forty nine, you of h will take on Duke. You can watch both games on CBS. The National Championship game will be on Monday. The women's Final four, though, that's tonight in Tampa Bay at six o'clock, UT is gonna play South Carolina. At eight thirty, UKN will play UCLA. Both those games you can watch on ESPN. Their National Championship game is going to be on Sunday. In the NBA Rockets will be back in action tonight. They're taking on the Thunder at the Toyota Center. They're coming into This is six and a half point Underdog's tip off is at seven and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In baseball, yeah, Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Twins five to two. They improved to three and four on the season. They're gonna have a day off before opening before resuming their series to Minnesota tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Four Hours of pain. It's called the Rob Ryans Show. I ever heard of it. It's this one. Thank you guys for being up early with us. It's gonna be busy today. Can't wait to get into open phones. But we got three solid hours before we get to that. First phone call is gonna be our first beer winner today. Free beer Friday.
Speaker 7: Friday, free bam Friday, Free Bamn Friday. You got a free man Friday, free bare Friday. Right, were bare Friday, free bare Friday, free bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Right. Good morning, Ride Ryan Show, Good morning, good morning, Hello. Hi, who's this My David? David? How are you doing well?
Speaker 6: Friday to ye.
Speaker 1: Go, let's go, dude, Happy Friday to you. You're the tenth caller. I'm gonna give you the first case of beard today. David, oh Man, that's awesome. It is awesome. Where you from? What You're up on the roads. You're off to work today? What's going on? Yes, they're getting on the road getting to work. You know how it is.
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 6: I'm an outside saleska.
Speaker 1: What the hell you gonna sell right now?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 1: Nobody can see it on the inside.
Speaker 5: I'm in.
Speaker 9: I'm in automotive.
Speaker 1: I shall uh M and Dodge park.
Speaker 5: So I got it.
Speaker 1: Check at the office, get my company vehicle, and then start hitting up the collisions up. All right, dude, you're gonna be out there. So what do you wrap things up? What time you wrap things up? Today? What are you done about? Four? At four o'clock? And then the weekend as years you're off? Yes, sir, good for you, dude. Enjoy your Beer's all right, David, Thank you, Thank you, bro, thank you for starting your day with us. I appreciate you. All right, David Rodriguez, We're off and running. Give it away beer. We're silly like that over twenty one years, twenty one years, four months, give it away beer. It's insane. Thank you specs. All right, today on the show's gonna be busy, busy, busy. I love Old Greg. Yeah, you know I love Old Greg. I'm old. I love the drops. I love everything about it. Can we keep them around for a couple of days. I'm gonna say, don't call in if you're good, Okay, I don't need a killer today. I don't want no I need a marshmallow in there against Old Greg. I want to keep him in there. I want to keep playing those drops. It makes me so happy in the morning. You know what, It's not true. You got to call in and you got to try to beat him. Because I was even kind of shocked that Chili put those pierce the bail tickets to the winner. Oh Greg's only going for win number two. I can't hear you. Tour Sleeping with Sirens and beech Weather June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion. That's a killer ticket. So all right, I'm gonna just tell you it's a great ticket. If you're a killer, you better get in there. After those tickets. I brought in some new fun facts for you guys. Today I talked about the Summer of Loud tour and the Brian Reagan tickets going on sale today. We'll get you into that show before they go on sale eight twenty open phones cannot wait. I hate to start the show on like a down note, but it's not a down note for me. It's just all upside here because I did mother flipped six picks last weekend. Who's got six picks this weekend?
Speaker 3: I'll do that?
Speaker 1: Well, well, well see how easy that was.
Speaker 5: Chile.
Speaker 1: God didn't give me any lip at that.
Speaker 3: We were fighting about it earlier. I wanted like, no, let you know what, let me do it. We had to do.
Speaker 1: I know his ass wasn't fighting to do six picks.
Speaker 4: Chili jumped my car yesterday. I was like, I'll do six picks for you. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: We were fighting for it, Lily. Did you see how easy that that transaction was. I'm like, who's got six picks? And the guy steps up to the mic and says, I'll do it. Okay, good for him. I usually want me to throw him Paraine. I used the same technique on my kid. So she has a little friend over from next door and she's always playing. And then dad comes over. Mister Matt comes over and says, Charlotte's time to go. Charlotte comes right down the stairs, put your sneakers on, and goes. I look at my kid. I'm like, you see how that happened? I tell my kids. I go across the street to the to the house she's playing. I'm like, Lond, it is time to go. Bamn. She takes off, goes upstairs and hides under a bed. Smart care. It's like Chili. Chili's my other seven year old.
Speaker 10: Don't I totally understand, London. Don't come bother me when I'm rocking. Come on, all right, you're the fun police. That's what you are.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex has six picks this weekend. You're off the hook. Now listen. It will be no surprise next weekend. There's only three of us. Next weekend, you will have six picks. Okay, bro, I'll have a nishe next week. All right, let me take a shot break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's treading, and we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed. Houston's rock Houston.
Speaker 6: So altern it is and home at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan Show. On a free beer Friday, I got a ten percent chance of rain cloudy's guy's high of eighty seven. Okay, that I understand, all right, tomorrow's wash, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms for your Saturday high of seventy eight, and then Sunday gets even whackier, goes down into a ten percent chance of rain warning clouds afternoon sun. The high on Sunday fifty eight. Ah, it's what's going on out there. You have fun or not fun? Give me something fun, because if it's any stock market crap, I mean, I know that's trending. Just horrible day on the stock market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well naked Gun is trending then, okay. Trailer for Liam Neeson's Naked Again reboot came out yesterday and I said, I did not see it yet, but I saw that.
Speaker 3: They had a little jab at Oj in it.
Speaker 1: So Leslie Nielsen said it took a stab at oj. Excuse me, right, But Leslie Nielsen was the guy that started all those old naked guns when I was growing up. Liam Neeson, who's like the toughest dude out there. Yeah, he's now doing comedy and uh he plays Frank Dreben's son. I watched it. I watched the trailer. It's okay, you're right. There is a little oj jab at the end their staff you said, so I have that on lease and guests.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that at the world Famish Rode ran shop pages of buzz dot com the one.
Speaker 1: People are gonna think about it, like did you grow up watching The Naked Gun?
Speaker 4: And it wasn't like an iconic movie like in my house growing up.
Speaker 1: It was talked about like people loved it.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, I was like a little young when I came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what else?
Speaker 3: Tariffs?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, people are still talking about the stock market tanking after Trump, and now's the tariffs.
Speaker 3: And then Joe Milton is trending.
Speaker 4: He is a quarterback that the Cowboys traded for yesterday. He was the backup to the Patriots, and now he is expected to back up Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: This upcoming NFL season. That's what's trending on that evil by the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning, everybody. Old Greg is back.
Speaker 11: I'm your fresh out of bed head to head one day, chief piece. Take me on if you want to become a fuzzy little.
Speaker 12: Man teach and join me on Fridays.
Speaker 5: I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: It is a more brag you want to take him on. I already talked about what a great ticket it is. Pierce the veil. Tickets for the winner to the winner today seven. If you want to take on old works the Rod Ryan Show on the bus here.
Speaker 3: Come on now.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers due. That's my guitar solo. I hope you're up to a great start to your day. It is free beer Friday. Got our first beer. Winner, will have more beer for you straight up at seven, eight and nine. Thank you specs. Ten percent chance of rain today, cloudy skies, highs all the way up to eighty seven, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms for your Saturday is hi have seventy eight and then ten percent chance of rain warning clouds afternoon sun the high end Sunday's fifty eight play game.
Speaker 13: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Old Greg, good morning bro, you canna stick around for a little bit. Are you just.
Speaker 12: Gonna be like marshmellow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't know. I don't know if I got a marshmallow in there for you. But I said, because Chili puts such a good ticket in there, that's gonna bring out some good players. Yeah, I think so. I don't know who we got in there yet.
Speaker 14: It comes out Greg, he's a scale of man fishy Old Greg.
Speaker 1: All right, you're going for win number two?
Speaker 8: Right here?
Speaker 3: He's in now, busy little man page.
Speaker 1: You take it on. Rick, Hello, Rick Mormon. Are you a killer or you a marshmallow? I'm a killer okay last year, but overall a killer?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh you were a marshmallow last year. Okay, so that's good. You want to not be a marshmallow anymore? Well, listen, Rick, are you gonna do a shout out your name? And you think you know the answer? Two correct answers, Chili, very generous today, pierce the veil that I can't hear you tour June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion. The winner of today's game is going to that show. One of you is two questions away? Rick, you ready, I'm ready? How about Old brag. Yes, sir, Okay, dude, good luck, gentlemen, Alex. We don't have any buzzers in here. They're just going to shout out. They're just going to shout out their name when they think they know the answer. I could use your help. All right, here we go. Question number one, what do you call a baby kangaroo? I got a tie on that too, dude. I'm glad you said that. I was going to overrule you if you said some name. Definitely a tie Joey, Joey. All right, it's a wasted question, thanks guys, Rick and Old Greg. Question number two? What force pulls objects to the ground?
Speaker 5: Rick?
Speaker 1: Gravity? So slick got in there? Gravity is John Mayerson?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought so.
Speaker 3: Play from his album Room for Squares.
Speaker 1: Why do you know that I like John Mayor? I didn't know that about you.
Speaker 3: He's likable guy. That's your woman.
Speaker 1: No, he used to be douchey. I think he's cool now though. He's a likable guy. He's a likable guy. Oh okay, yeah, and if you like guitars, guitar player, gravity bringing me to the ground. All right, Rick's on the board. Would you stop singing? Old Greg? You need this to stay in the game. How many wheels does a tricycle have? Greg? Three? My man? How's the little man preach on the board? Okay, we got a good game here on a Friday? Do we You did waste a question? Don't Bardie asked that one? All right, here we go. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? What black and white animal, Gregg, is Rick gonna get caught speeding? What's the answer? Rick Zebra? Oh? What this is for, Old Greg? What black and white animal uses a stinky spray as a defense mechanism?
Speaker 12: That would be skunk, Old Rag, It would be ax.
Speaker 3: I like the balls on Ricky.
Speaker 1: Oh, Greg, if you chimed in, what animal were you gonna say? Don't lie? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a terrible, awesome question. It was terrible and awesome all at the same time. Rick, Rick, I'm not gonna call you a marshmallow. You were kind of a killer today. You were kind of a killer today. It was a really good game. I hope you play again.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? All right, Old Greg? You want to play on Monday?
Speaker 15: Yes? Please?
Speaker 1: All right? Dude? Oh my gosh, you got those great eye prevailed tickets. Now and uh and then when you come back on Monday, you'll be going for win number three. All right, all right, thank you, nice game. The Rod Ryan Show, Good mornings on the Buzz ninety four or five Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. On this free beer Friday. That's jelly Roll, I'm Rod, that's Alex. That's Chili over there. Alex is gonna do six picks this weekend. Hell yeah, is that means you have plans this weekend? That's why you jumped at that.
Speaker 3: Well, I find chili for it. I mean chili wanted it.
Speaker 1: Child want to stop, you stop, that's not that, that's never the case. What do you What do you have going on this weekend that you going to crawfish boil?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first crawfish in the season.
Speaker 1: Like a backyard situation.
Speaker 4: My friends Darren and Amanda are having their annual crawfish That's the way it's supposed.
Speaker 1: To be done. That's the way it's supposed to be done in the backyard. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: They do good work.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 13: Uh oh, Greg a crash out of bed head to head challenge here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning, every it's old Greg sticking around. I'm your fresh out of bed head to head day champion. You know I'm not one pomp man peach doing me on Monday as I'll make it win number three bitches?
Speaker 1: All right? Why dad's so tight with the old Greg drops?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 1: You are? I am not. You're like you have old Greg drops on your table and you get your arms around him like you're in lunch in prison. If you're not giving them up.
Speaker 3: That comes out crag, thank you, just scaling manfish.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 9: We make you look smart and funny your body, it's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 5: The hell, don't don't touch me.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna touch you. I'm just I'm coming over to see you. Hell hacked the hell out of his head this morning shaving.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: It looks some blood bath over there. What'd you do?
Speaker 5: I had an accident?
Speaker 1: Yeah I do that from time to time. You're picking your lid in the shower. I yeah, okay, yeah, I bought I bought hal some razors once as a gift. Head wound Harry Harry's they are the sharpest razors ever. And I told him there and I just said, hey, dude, check this out. You know, I just gave him. I'm like, here's my bro, Hey, dude, try these out. The next day I saw him, He's got bad aids on his head to everything. I'm like, bro, I'm sorry, they're sharp.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that they're awesome.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, hell bring you.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to well, yeah, I got fun facts. I'm just trying to deflect because I know you got awful news to give us. Yeah, I'm gonna throw tomatoes at you during your report today.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey, how about this, guys, Margaritaville? Is it the most profitable song of all time?
Speaker 3: Might be?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just throwing that out there. Launched like a whole like franchise of restaurants and its own beer and resorts. There's a Margaritaville resort in Conroe. The song Margaritaville was originally written for Elvis Presley. He was nearing the end of his career, so Jimmy Buffett just decided to record the song himself.
Speaker 3: How would he sing?
Speaker 1: Whole hole was a little ways? Thank you very much? Stepped on a pop top. I mean, listen, Jimmy Buffett still would have made money because he's the songwriter.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So it wasn't given to Jimmy Buffett.
Speaker 3: It was Jim's own.
Speaker 1: It's his song. But ell, it was it was written and the thought was Elvis was going to do it.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's like a recording say that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just think he was nearing the end. He was popping so many pills. They just they just passed over room.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Finally, no, not finally, your second one. Most people fart between fourteen and twenty three times a day. That is fun.
Speaker 5: Count of all that.
Speaker 1: Listen, This show does the research, okay science. According to a study by MIT, the toughest tongue twister in the world, it's not red leather, yellow leather, red leather, yellow leather. It's not rubber baby, buggy bumperque New York. You know you need unique New York, Unique New York, or saying toy boat three times fast, hell, toy boat three times fast.
Speaker 5: Can't do it, toy boat, toy both.
Speaker 1: You can't do it slow fast, slow three times. The toughest tongue twister in the world. According to mit pad Kid poured curd, pulled cod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Even make sense. That's the hardest one. That's me. It is meat.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart if your bodies it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hurt your head anymore. Hell touch pad Kid poured curd, pulled cod.
Speaker 5: I'm taking that one to Wall Street today.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stick with she sells seashells by the sea shore. That one's a little bit more manageable. Okay, guys, I do have a pretty good ticket here for you.
Speaker 3: It's your fun.
Speaker 1: Saint Vincent April eighth, White Oak Music Hall. What's today the fourth? Fifth, sixth, April fourth? Yeah, you know, you know what they say. What's the flashback here? What is the third biggest employer in the United States of America. I'll just tell you the first one, the Department of Defense with two point nine million people. Hell got that one wrong yesterday. Yeah, Hell, that was before he hacked his.
Speaker 3: Head in half, thank you and tanked the stock.
Speaker 1: What is the third biggest employer in the United States? Seven one, three, nine four five?
Speaker 4: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash boos.
Speaker 1: All right, go this is not fun, Just do it. What happened yesterday? How would you care?
Speaker 5: The down?
Speaker 16: Down one thousand, six hundred and seventy nine points kick off?
Speaker 5: This morning? You had forty thousand and five forty.
Speaker 16: Five Nasdaq down one thousand and fifty rice. You had a sixteen thousand and five fifty bench Marten year treasury. It plummeted and yield to a three point nine percent, and oil stands at sixty two dollars forty nine cents of barrel to the most active. It's the big stuff. Hey, there were some green United Health, Jay and Jay and Cocoa Cole, the big duds Nike down ten percent, Boeing and Amex.
Speaker 5: On the economic calendar.
Speaker 16: This morning, we'll get numbers on the unemployment amount for March right now, features guess what they're down.
Speaker 5: Come on, let's turn the stavy around. That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 16: This is Halleene, Managing Director with Raymond James Porty for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on Stan Fleep and the Gust and don't forget toys.
Speaker 5: Rock out with your stock out. I'm running at it.
Speaker 13: Get out of Bolland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates than come ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors.
Speaker 6: Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmison. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your program is for educational and informational serposes on K Studs and duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance, Houston's Rock and Alternatives, and.
Speaker 17: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz ninety four for The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. Good morning, Kelvin, Good morning, Hi Kelvin. How are you good? How are you awesome? Yesterday in the Fun Facts, I talked about the three biggest employers in the United States. The first one, the largest employer, is the Department of Defense with two point nine million people. At least that was the number. I don't know. I'm sure there's been some cuts. What's the third biggest employer in the US?
Speaker 12: Amazon?
Speaker 15: Sure is it?
Speaker 1: Sure is? I think we got a belt for you. There we do. Walmart is number two with two point three million people, Amazon one point six million. Dude, you're the winner. I'm giving your tickets to go see Saint Vincent next week White Oak Music Hall, you're in. Thank you man, Thank you, dude. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 15: Okay you dear, thank you.
Speaker 1: Kelvin killing the home room games today, thank you. All right, he's the headlines next on the buzz. All right, give you a big hook. Come on doing with me. It's gonna bring you down.
Speaker 3: But it's just a couple of.
Speaker 1: Songs that the who works downey four to five to buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. It's third night lines and semi charmed life. I think ready to wrap up home room seven o'clock hour. More beer is headed your way, of course. It's free beer Friday. Thank you Specs. The Summer of Loud Tour. We'll have a pair of tickets coming your way closer to around seven twenty. Of course, I got my eye on the prize. The prize today, Open phones, last hour. You guys get to talk the whole hour. Can't wait to hear what you have to say. Ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skies today hies him around eighty seven. Okay, I can deal with that. Ninety percent chance of thunderstorms for Saturday. What am I gonna do with myself? It's a it's a rain out. It's a wash out Tomorrow high of seventy eight, and then it gets wacky on Sunday ten percent chance of rain, morning clouds, afternoon sun high of fifty eight. What am I gonna do with that? Alex?
Speaker 4: What am I doing with that?
Speaker 1: No idea? I mean, welcome to this is that's a Texas forecash in basketball. Oh there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, you guys a.
Speaker 1: Stuff for me to do.
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: Hey, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: The US markets suffered their biggest declines since twenty twenty yesterday, largely because of the fear that President Trump's new tariff plan is going to trigger a global trade war and drag the US economy into a recession. Major stock indexes dropped as much as six percent and stocks lost roughly three point one trillion dollars in market value, which is their largest one day decline since March of twenty twenty. Today, stock index futures drifted lower and stocks in Japan were hit for a second day and yesterday's plunge, the down industrials dropped over sixteen hundred points about four percent. In tech heavy NaSTA was down six percent, while the S and P five hundred fell four point eight percent.
Speaker 1: I have four job interviews set up for London. I need a second income in my house.
Speaker 3: They're in the coal mines.
Speaker 1: I need his second income.
Speaker 3: Is there a coal mine anywhere near?
Speaker 1: But it's going to work right after school? Yeah, gotta get a job seven years old. Put her to work. I need a second income stream in that house.
Speaker 4: The deadline for TikTok's parent company Byte Dance to sell the app is tomorrow, and several companies and groups have already put together bids to buy the app, but any deal would have to have the approval of the Chinese government, which hasn't really been open to the I selling the app.
Speaker 1: They're not open to selling this thing at all. It's not happening. It's not being sold, especially right now. I mean you talked about well, I said, I thought mister Wonderful from Shark Tank one or he had a group of people. He doesn't have a money. Bezos has the money. He had talked that he was interested. The Chinese government has zero interest, and I'll just say no and they will right. We're not buying them.
Speaker 3: We're not really in a great standing with him at this point either.
Speaker 4: When asked about the looming deadline yesterday, President Donald Trump said the tariffs announced on Chinese inports might play a part in negotiations over the sale the app. You think the administration is also reportedly considering a new executive or are delaying the deadline again, which could be signed today.
Speaker 3: That's my best guess at what will happen.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get another like delay on all of that and some other app news. The money transfering app or service Zel is shutting down its app. Services provided by Zell are still going to be available on banking apps, so users are going to have to re enroll through their participating bank or credit union to continue using Zel's services. Only two percent of Zell users used the standalone app. I didn't even know it was the standalone app until yesterday.
Speaker 1: Mine's attached to my bank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just used my banking app to do which always.
Speaker 1: Had you told me talk to Some of these people are writing checks to see if they'll accept that it is a little bit easier.
Speaker 4: Okay, Running or hitting the gym is a great way to relieve stress, but an activity that you might find even more fun could.
Speaker 3: Be even better for you. And I'm talking dancing people.
Speaker 4: A new study found that dancing could be the best way to relieve stress because it combines four different natural stress relievers, music, rhythm, movement, and socialization. Any of those things on their own can help with stress and anxiety, but combining them together is even better. So dancing to music at home or even in your seat while listening to the radio can help.
Speaker 3: So we're helping you releave stress every morning.
Speaker 1: I can't dance. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't, But my daughter doesn't know that, and she thinks it's the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 1: I would love to just have some sort of confidence that I had a couple of moves. I have one move that I stole from the front of the dice.
Speaker 3: I's got yeah.
Speaker 1: I do incorporate the dice every now and then too. I just I can't do it. I'm faking it. It doesn't come naturally to me. I don't know how to explain it. It's like you you can just sing. I can't sing. Can Everything I do is so formulatic, and I'm it's so fake. You're thinking about it, yes, and it's just I can't let myself go.
Speaker 3: So what you do, you're doing stuff? Don't do nothing.
Speaker 1: You're doing what you're doing nothing?
Speaker 3: You're doing too much.
Speaker 1: Now you're not doing nothing.
Speaker 4: I get to do something, but do you're thinking? Don't think about it so much?
Speaker 1: Kind of low keys. So jealous of those of you that can just get out there and dance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dance based exercise rou teams are also a good call, but it's even better when you dance with people and there's physical contact involved.
Speaker 3: So go out cut a rog this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, work on your dance moves, you dance and just grind it.
Speaker 3: The pheel relaxed.
Speaker 4: Ryan Reynolds takes a lot of money off of his movies, but it seems like he's always selling something. He sold you gin, he sold you wireless access, and he's even sold just soccer.
Speaker 3: Now he's selling wine.
Speaker 4: His new wine is called Ugly Estates, and it comes in what looks like a taller version of a kid's juice box, except there's no straw, just a twist off cap and ugly Est States promises thirty three percent more wine than a regular bottle and one percent less snob. A new ad for Ugliest States stars Peggy the Hairless Pug, who's.
Speaker 3: Better known as dog Pool in the movie Deadpool.
Speaker 1: The tequila truck behind boost truck. But you know they usually it's casamigos. Yeah, you'll see what is it? Randy Gerber and George Clooney on the motorcycles and spikes. I was behind one. It was a tequila I'd never heard of before. And the guy standing in the middle, I said, is that Mark Wahlberg. I didn't know he had his own tequila. We know we talk about the Rock. It seems like Wahlberg is another one of these guys that's involved in a million companies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just like throws face on there.
Speaker 1: It works, and Tina Fey doesn't like it. Remember that was a story last week. You're like Tina Fey was making fun of all these actors with these side hustles.
Speaker 4: Bruce Springsteen is releasing not one, but seven new albums in June. They're part of a box set called Tracks Two of the Lost Albums. In total, it has eighty three previously unreleased tracks that were recorded between nineteen eighty three and twenty eighteen. Sources to say he was inspired by Morgan Wallen. I did not say that.
Speaker 1: You just made that.
Speaker 3: I did make that up.
Speaker 4: Seventy four or seventy four of them have never been heard before, and the Boss says that he used his time during the pandemic to finish everything that he had in his vault. The release date for all seven albums is June twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Wonder if this is as you know, he famously sold his catalog, this would this would not count.
Speaker 4: So this is his last like money Grass, this would be his catalog. But I'm gonna have these seven albums again.
Speaker 1: It's too much music. It's too much.
Speaker 4: Because like Bruce Springsteen is one of those like I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think Morgan Wallins.
Speaker 1: In that category.
Speaker 4: But like if it's like there's parrot Heads, there's Dave Matthews. People Like if Dave Matthews put out five thousand songs, the Dave Matthews Barefoot people would be like, hell, yeah, let's go. You're Springsteen fans, he will like he has nine hundred hour concerts. Anyways, like this is a nine hundred hour concert in your car.
Speaker 1: He has the type of followers that will go and listen to everyone of these things.
Speaker 3: This is like he's gonna make some money off of this.
Speaker 1: But those are using tedlines.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's look college basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Final four is this weekend in San Antonio for the minute least. Tomorrow night at five or nine, Florida plays Auburn to start think off and then the headliner seven forty nine o'clock is or seven forty nine pm. U of H is gonna take on Duke. You can watch both games on CBS. The women's Final Four, though, that's tonight in Tampa Bay at six o'clock, UT is gonna play South Carolina and then at eight thirty Yukon I'll play UCLA. Both those games will be on ESPN. I have a future on the Yukon women's team. Let's go page Buckers and the NBA. The Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Thunder at the Toyota Center. They're coming into this as six and a half point underdogs. The Thunder are the one seed in the Western Conference.
Speaker 3: This is a good.
Speaker 4: Test of where the Rockets are right now, right before we get into the playoffs, just five more regular season games remaining.
Speaker 3: Tip off's at seven.
Speaker 4: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and then in baseball, play that music.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: Astros got a dub yesterday they beat the Twins five to two. We're gonna have a day off before resuming their series with Minnesota tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Mornings Speed Band.
Speaker 7: Today, you got Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, and right bad Friday, Right free Bam Friday Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, who's this Hey? This is Ricky Ricky. It's National Picky Eater's Day. Picky Picky Hernandez over here. Dude, you're calling number ten night, you're calling number ten.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you the second case of beer.
Speaker 5: Picky.
Speaker 1: You're me, Thank you. This is awesome. Man, your time ever You're not a You're not a picky eater? Are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: No, man, I'll think anything.
Speaker 1: What is the one food you won't eat though. You just got that. You can't do it. You can't do it.
Speaker 11: You know what, Man, go ahead, I would say Cilantro if I mean you know that, that's just so anything else, Cilantro, Man, you lost me.
Speaker 1: The guy that turned me onto buying websites and U r ls, which I'm sorry I ever met him. I love you, Alberto, but he started buying websites and then it became a thing, and now Alex buys him too. He bought I hate cilantro dot com website. He never did anything with it, but he's like, he goes, I think there's a lot of me out there. I hate Cilantro and I bought I didn't even know you could buy U r ls like that. And then he told me that he bought it, and then that went me. That got me down a rabbit hole that you know, it's just more ways to waste money, all right, I don't mind much, all right, Ray Ricky, enjoy your beers, dude, have a great weekend. Okay, although thank you you guys as well, Thank you bro, thank you. I haven't bought a stupid U r L in a while. But the same guy Alberto or yeah, Alberto who bought all those websites. As my wedding gift, he got me Rodryan dot com.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get that.
Speaker 1: There was a there was a guy. He also had the Comcast email Rodryan at Comcast dot com. I happen to have Comcast. But he was in Arizona and he he was a real estate guy and he must have let it lapse. So I don't know how my buddy was. He was a smart guy. He must have had something like, hey, if this ever, you know, goes on, if somebody doesn't like pay the bills on this, you know, flag it for me. And that's what he gave me as a wedding present, Rodryan dot com. Have I ever done anything with it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I have it. I have it. Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I've got some great tickets coming up for you. We close out this week of just big ticket giveaways Summer of Loud Tour with I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage, Parkway Drive, The Devil Wears Prada, The Amity Affliction, Alpha Wolf one, two, three, four, five, six, seven Bands, Yeah, it's a great show man. Just checking out live music in the Woodlands all day. I got a great pair of tickets for you coming up after the break, I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show, Free beer Friday. Thank you Specs. That's two cases down, straight up at eight, straight up at nine. And then you know, we got open phones. Can't wait to hear from you guys in the last hour of the show.
Speaker 5: I got great.
Speaker 1: I got a great concert ticket for one of you coming up. But first we have to talk about what's trending, if I may, because I thought this was interesting and I normally don't get caught up in this like celebrity stuff. But did you see Shakira was trending?
Speaker 3: I did, but everything I saw was in Spanish.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can translate for you, okay, okay. So there was a show going down in Mexico. Shakira brought out her nanny, Lily is her name, Okay, not just because she's a great nanny, because she's the one that ratted out Shakira's husband for cheating. Do you remember when Shakira had like a little piquet. Yeah, thank you the soccer player. Yeah yeah, yeah. Yeah. It was Lily who told Shakira a few years ago that her husband was messing around on her. When the dude, when Girard found out, he fired her. Okay, so now she's without work. Once Shakira got divorced, she rehired her, gave her back pay, and offered her royalties on a song she wrote about the the entanglement.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So the song even mentions her by name, and it says something about like since they didn't pay you severance or something like that. So it was during that song that Shakira brought Lily up on stage. So there's a lot of layers here, but yeah, she lost her job because she told Shakiri, Hey, your husband's cheating on you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the story. That's why she said she brought the nanny on stage. There's a link up you can see this. She brought her up on stage. It's kind of cool, all right.
Speaker 4: What else Fanny Friday's trending Natalie s May jar May is submitted to us from listener Josh, and people are checking her out. The world finish rod Ryan show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: And then Laura Lumer is trending.
Speaker 4: That's just everywhere that I saw when I was looking at trending topics.
Speaker 3: I don't know who she is that Trump met with her.
Speaker 4: Yesterday and then fired the NSA Director General William Hartman after meeting with parent.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought it was somebody else. Yeah, that girl that's like sleeping with everybody, like one hundred and tis Yeah, like a thousand dudes at a time.
Speaker 4: Did you see she was at a Rockets game. Aman Thompson just completely snubbed her on the Rockets and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she needs to be that No, he blocked her. Oh she's gross. Okay, So that's what's trending. Let me get your calling in for a ticket the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five with I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch, Engage In all those other bands. June twenty eight. Woodlands Pavilion Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster locations. You were doing a story that talks about dancing is good for your health or your mental being, and it's just good for you. Dancing is one of the best stress relievers out there, and I said, I just I can't dance. I can't dance.
Speaker 3: You can dance if you want to.
Speaker 1: You can lead a golf friend behind. But if your friend don't dunce, and then they don't, then he ain't no friend of mine. I can't dance. And Carlos says, brother Rod, I know you can't dance, but you know what you can do. And he's right. I can jump around. I can jump around. It doesn't look good, but I can jump around a little bit. You're right on that. He said, someone should study how good jumping around.
Speaker 5: Is for you.
Speaker 1: That's from your boy Los. Okay, I'll jump around. You jump around and call me for those Summer of Loud Tour tickets seven to one, three, two one two five five.
Speaker 8: Come on, jump with me right here on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five. The buzz All right, you've been warned. Word to your mom's Chili's here to drop bombs. Ninety four or five. The buys jumping around with us on a Friday morning. I love it.
Speaker 19: I love it.
Speaker 1: Everybody can jump around. You can't tell me listen. I can understand the whole not dancing thing, but jumping. Come on, everybody can jump, or most of you can jump. Well, that helped out. I hope you're off to a great start to your today. I am. You didn't ask, but I am. Ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skies eighty seven. Is you're high today? Tomorrow a little nasty out there, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms. You have to plan some indoor activities. Alex high of around seventy eight, ten percent chance of rain. It gets wilder morning clouds, afternoon sun on Sunday and the highest fifty eight degrees. I don't know. I thought I was gonna maybe do some power washing this weekend.
Speaker 3: You's gonna do it for you.
Speaker 1: But do I wait another week? Though? I mean, I don't think the yellow crud is done. I don't want a power wash and then wake up the next day and have an inch of yellow crud on everything. Yeah. I just don't know what like, But I can't. I don't think I can wait any longer. It's it's I can't enjoy anything outside of my house. They's terrible.
Speaker 4: They were doing the like the lawn crew was doing stuff yesterday and I just was watching yellow stuff just getting around.
Speaker 3: I say, hey, don't you don't have to blow this week.
Speaker 1: And now I need like a welding mask and a has mad outfit to do that. It's so bad out there. Away some tickets here, Good morning, rob Ryan Show. Who's this? This is Cody, Cody, your color number ten? Let's go Herrick. Yeah, dude, the Summer of Loud Tour. I don't know if I got the right guy. I'm not giving away the Summer of Quiet. Okay, I'm not giving the it's loud. It's gonna be loud with I Prevail at the Woodlands Pavilion on June twenty eighth. You down for that, yes, sir, Yes, sir. I Prevails like my favorite band, So stop with that. Are you serious? Yes, sir? Tell me three songs that I need to listen to I Prevail songs. Give me the three songs I need to listen to. No, uh, you put me on the spot. They're not your favorite band, not but you like them, but you like them?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what's the bass player's favorite color? No, I won't do that to you. Cody, doesn't matter, It doesn't matter, all right, Cody, I got a pull question. This will be easy for you, Okay, I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. Easter candies. The Easter Bunny is only going to leave one in your basket. Peeps, jelly beans, Reese's peanut butter egg or the cadberry egg? What is the one? You'll get a bunch of them, but it can only be one. What do you want your Easter basket? Definitely cadberry eggs.
Speaker 3: You're gross too.
Speaker 1: They're so disgusting, Like with that simulated raw egg in the inside, it's sugar, sugar goodness. Like I hate real runny eggs in real life, but in real egg and it's a simulation of something that I hate.
Speaker 3: But it's it's sleep.
Speaker 1: It's sugar, like a chicken fetus.
Speaker 3: Its gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a chicken. It's like a dead chicken in there. No covered in sugar.
Speaker 3: It would be a chocolate chicken as it was, and there's not one of those in there.
Speaker 1: Get out of here, Cody, you're disgusting. Fine, Pat all right, Cody, thanks for being on the show today. Huh.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great time at that show your favorite bands playing. I prevail the winner so far in our pole question. Reese's peanut butter eggs. Seventy one percent say that's what they would take if you can only if the Easter Buddy's only bringing you one thing. Thirteen percent are with Cody over there Psycho Cadbury chocolate eggs, nine percent say jelly beans, and six percent of our audience keeps deeps are very polarizing. They were always in the Easter basket though the East Butter always put peeps in there. There's always a couple of them in there. You know what you might might be in your Easter basket this year, Alex. I'm just telling you be prepared. The New York Times says eggs are so expensive people are planning to die. Potatoes, Dude, Easter potatoes might be a thing this year. Easter potatoes. It's not a new idea, is this island potatoes? USA tried to make this a thing in twenty twenty three, just a couple of years ago. Food prices were rising back then, and Peta, you know we love Pta, No, we don't. They wanted the White House Easter egg roll to use potatoes last year. So there's been there's been some low key Easter potato talk over the last couple of years now The New York Times has jumped on it and they got videos on how to die or paint potatoes. They say it's trending. Is it you just did trending. I talked about Shakira's Shakina Shakira, I didn't talk about Easter potatoes. So it's becoming less of a joke and more of a real thing. That an actual strategy that people are using this Easter for saving money. Is anybody dying potatoes? Someone is? Someone is, but most people are not. Maybe you just go the plastic eggs, but we did. You know, we did those for the Easter egg hunt. But that cuts out the whole egg dying tradition for kids. I gotta die eggs with the kid. I gotta do the old school. I know it's expensive with the eggs you got, you know, yea the pause p aa s. That's where you get the vinegar and you put the little pill in there. And our eggs always look like crap. They never looked good like I always went to be I went to other people's house and then they came up. The sleeves are no sleeves.
Speaker 20: Is that what?
Speaker 3: It's just like a pe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, you want to put a couple of stickers on there. But you got to old school dye the eggs, you know what I mean, you have to. We would always it would come like with a little hangar thing and you would always like try to hold it.
Speaker 3: A little spoon like the wire spoon thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a wiry thing. And if you hold the egg and you would try to like maybe do like half one collar and half the other. The Ryan eggs always look like crap. They never look good. They would never be in any kind of a magazine spread or I mean I was obviously it was pre Instagram, but we tried. And then I've always talked about this. My grandma colored eggs with the skins of onions and she just just red. Yeah, they were like white yellow, like take a Spanish onion, like that brownish that brownish orange onion that's available. Huh. She would use the skins of that to color eggs. Okay, and beats what I mean, what was this little house on the prairie like she had the same she had the same stuff at the store that we had. But for some reason Grandma wanted to do it old school. Okay, I mean, she wasn't churning butter or anything like that, but for some reason she was using onion skins to color her eggs.
Speaker 4: My grandfather, when we would come into town for you each to when I was a little kid, used to bring that he'd buy dyed chicks. Somebody would die, little baby chicks like you were one of those kids. I didn't buy them, but they showed up. It was a cool blue chick.
Speaker 1: That was cool. What was the contingency plan on that?
Speaker 4: I don't know whatever happened to those, but I don't think it was good because we were little kids and it was like we were like Lenny from Mice and Men like.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we were very rough on those things. I just put it in my pocket real fast. Sure that was great for us.
Speaker 1: You remember for me, did you do this every year? You got chicks? Two or three times?
Speaker 4: I remember, like the multic if my mom's listening, send a picture because I know you have.
Speaker 1: Them, okay.
Speaker 4: But then you woke up on my grandparents like land and he would bring like, here's hey, hey, kids, there's some chicks I got for you. And it was like red and blue and green chicks heavily.
Speaker 3: Not you made. But there's a different time.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I know it was, but he didn't die. But he just bought them. I'm not letting you off the hook. Did they turn into like chickens and roosters?
Speaker 3: Of them made it? I don't think that the dye was good for him. I don't feel like it.
Speaker 1: Probably did you wake up one day and they just weren't there?
Speaker 4: Yes, well we would go back to Georgia for Memphis. We would go back home and then those weren't my problem. Oh okay, so it wasn't like as a pet. You weren't at home. Yeah, you weren't given them at home. Yeah, that was before we lived in Texas. We would come to Texas for like holidays.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: There was just like you'd wake up and Grandpa had a bunch of chicks, and you're like, tight, this is a blue and red chicken.
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've always heard that. You know, you want to give your kid. It's nice to give your kid a little chick, But then what are you doing with that thing?
Speaker 4: Well, now that's actually very valuable. I see Chad raise it, and then you get free eggs.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll start to start planning to dial or dye the potatoes. Easter potatoes might actually be a thing this year. You know who does know how to dance? Shine Down Dance Kid Dance. On the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, My buddy Alex pe Middlekin. Middleton was talking about a study that found dancing is the best way to relieve stress. Shine Doown, dance, kid dance. I don't think he's lying. Dancing might be the best way to relieve stress, especially dancing with other people combines four natural stress relievers, music, rhythm, movement, and socialization. They might be honest. Something there, Alex. Shineedown is just so unbelievably consistent. I never talked about this on the air. I just I wanted to go make sure I had the date right. It was May twenty seventh, two thousand and three. That's when we all learned about Shine Down because their debut album came out, Fly on the Inside, Staring Down the barrel of a forty five. You know, those were the first songs that we ever heard by this band. Two thousand and three, twenty twenty three would have been in twenty years. Yeah for five or three years shy, I'm gonna say, Hineoun not first ballot. Shine Down is a rock and roll Hall of Fame band, I have to be. The consistency of that band is so unbelievable if you just and this is something that we don't talk about on the air all that much. It's like rock charts, right, but there are there are other charts, you know. The Billboard chart is the one that everyone kind of knows. There are other charts that keep track of things, and Shinedown has just rewritten the rule book on the charts and the consistency of that band. I'm telling you, I don't think that they're a first ballot. I just don't think that those assholes behind the door are gonna think. Yeah, but down the road, Shine Down is a rock and roll Hall of Fame band. That's how I say that. And it's happening. It's happening on our watch, you know what I mean. Like these songs have just been so solid, well are right now.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not saying like the beginning when shine when we first had Shina just punched us in the face with all the awesome stuff they started putting out.
Speaker 3: They were incredible, but like they never like, there's not where.
Speaker 1: Is a peak.
Speaker 3: Have they peaked?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: You don't know if they've I don't know if they've peaked.
Speaker 1: Brent hasn't lost anything on his voice.
Speaker 3: He might have gotten better.
Speaker 1: He may have gotten better. They've gotten in better shape. I mean, you know, he had.
Speaker 4: They've affected what they do, and they just keep putting out bangers after bangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were young when they came out. They got caught in the trappings of being rock stars and all of that, and you know.
Speaker 3: I get that, you should.
Speaker 1: His health declined and everything, but they still kept putting out great music. Then they get all cleaned up, then they start doing p ninety X, and then they come back they're all ripped, they're all ripped and fit, and then they sound better than ever and there's just no decline. As a matter of fact, they're still on the uptick.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 3: I think so too. I don't think they've peaked yet.
Speaker 1: That dance kid dance song, Jesus, it's great. And we're talking about a band that's twenty three years into their career now and they've just never had They just never put out clunkers. For me, they just always put out consistently. There was always a great two and three songs on every album, and that's what I think makes them a rock and Roll Hall of Fame band. Maybe first ballot. I don't know. They got a couple of years. They got a couple years to worry about it, all right, Still to come on the show. I got tickets to go see Funny Man Brian Reagan. Tickets go on sale today at ten o'clock at ticketmaster dot com. I think he's going to sell out the Buy You Music Center, I really do. I don't know if he sells out today, but I think he can. I think he can handle that room. We'll have a pair of tickets for you coming up at eight twenty and then you know, nine o'clock. I can't wait for open phones. We are about I hate doing math on the air, but we're about seventeen minutes away from the next case of beer. I got two cases of beer left for you.
Speaker 17: Come on Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 6: The Rocks, the Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz my own ninety four or five The Buzz. That's a rock and roll Hall of Fame man. That's green Day and Boulevard had Broken Dreams. I looked it up. I think they went. I think green Day went in right over a shouting down. I was talking. We were just talking a little bit about them. I hate to use the word only, but man, ten million albums, ten million.
Speaker 4: You know, like the reference I almost millions, I double digit millions.
Speaker 3: Like that shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Looked at us like, oh, it's of metrics that they use. It's just like just like getting into the Baseball Hall of Fame or whatever. There's certain numbers that you hit. I don't know, ten million might hurt them. Nickelback fifty million albums sold. I use them international. I'm just telling you, I use that all the time. Good morning, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your Friday and you're looking forward to this weekend. Got a little bit of everything weatherwise today, high of eighty seven with cloudy's guys, low chances of rain, not the case tomorrow, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms for your Saturday, a bit of a washout high of seventy eight, and then it gets even wilder. The rain goes away on Sunday. But with that, with those thunderstorms on Saturday, cold front, morning clouds, afternoon sun. The high on Sunday is fifty eight. Grab a jacket. Yeah, you're gonna need a jacket. You'll need a jacket. Long pants. My uncle Stanys say you need long.
Speaker 4: Pantssh doesn't not make sense, I guess. I mean, you call them shorts, but you don't call them short pants, whether or not their shorts.
Speaker 1: But he would say, you know, you go down to Sears Roebuck and get some long pants.
Speaker 3: My grandfather always called his blue jeens is dungarees sungarrease.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, let's go. Well, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: US markets suffered there, I should say bad morning everyone. US markets suffered their biggest declines since twenty twenty yesterday, largely because of the fear that President Trump's new tariff plan is going to trigger global trade war and drag the US economy into a recession. Major stock indexes dropped as much as six percent, and stocks lost roughly three point one trillion dollars in market value, their largest one day decline since March of twenty twenty. Today, stock index futures drifted lower and stocks in Japan were hit for a second day, and Yesterday's plunged. The Dow Industrials dropped a bomb on US. They dropped US over sixteen hundred points, which is about four percent to tech heavy ASTAC was down six percent, while S and P five hundred fell four point eight percent.
Speaker 3: RIPD four to one.
Speaker 1: K's everything's going in the mattress. That's it. Yeah, everything's going under the mattress. That's it. Brutal day. So right, Yeah, it was a brutal day. You should have heard. The should have heard. We were given a hall a hard time this morning. Yeah, Captain Cash with his rockout, with your stockout. We were booming and hissing him the whole time.
Speaker 3: The hissing, the hissing was pretty great.
Speaker 4: Researchers at Colorado State University predict that the twenty twenty five Atlantic hurricane season that runs from June first through November thirtieth, is going to be more active than usual Again. This year, they expect seventeen named hurricanes or seventeen named storms, but nine becoming hurricanes for reaching a major hurricane status, which is category through or higher. The forecast is influenced by warmer than average sea surface temperatures in the Atlantic Ocean, which can create a favorable environment for storm development. While the forecast is above average, one of the experts CBS News, it's a slightly lower forecast than last year's prediction. April is Distracted Driving Awareness month, and you're gonna be thrilled to know that most people say that they would never drive while distracting.
Speaker 3: Oh, most people are also liars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're lying right through your teeth.
Speaker 4: So in a survey, seventy four percent of Americans, that's three quarters of Americans say that they've never touched their phone while driving in the past.
Speaker 1: Lies. Yeah, that's lies.
Speaker 4: I don't I've seen more than seventy five percent of people with their phones listen and driving this week.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of hands free going on right now, which is great. A lot of you guys touching the phone. You got it tied into your radio and all of that. That's great.
Speaker 4: But if you're driving and you reach down to connect to the bluetooth while you are driving.
Speaker 1: The car, you're monkeying around with your phone.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you got to be texting or watching snapchats and stuff. If you are connecting to a Bluetooth while you are operating a motor vehicle. You are messing with your phone while you're driving, So you're lying if you say you're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the numbers are off. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sixty five percent of people did say that they see other drivers using their phone, So thirty five percent of people don't do it, but sixty five of those oooh, sixty five percent of those people see other people doing it.
Speaker 1: The kids say the math ain't mathing.
Speaker 3: The math is not mathing at all.
Speaker 4: Rod at least a couple of times a week, people say that they see that, And then eighty nine percent of people say that they witness speeding at least a couple of times a week. Sixty percent of people see others speeding in school zones, sixty seven percent witness red light running at least once a month. Seventy eight percent of people say they think that drivers in their state are reckless, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that distracted driving was the cause of over three thousand deaths and over four hundred thousand injuries nationwide just in twenty twenty four alone.
Speaker 1: There's one thing I know is, no matter where you live. You're always convinced that worst drivers. You live where the worst drivers are because you have to deal with it. Yeah. So yeah, your frame of reference is the people that drive with you every day. So yeah, it does seem like the worst drivers are here. Now. I got up this morning and I watched the movie trailer. Yeah, I watched the movie trailer for the new Naked Gun franchise.
Speaker 4: So there, it's a teaser trailer, which is a trailer for the trailer.
Speaker 1: It's a minute long, okay, sixty seconds, but that's still a trailer to me.
Speaker 4: I know teaser trailers are supposed to be different, but it's like, that's still a trailer.
Speaker 1: It's just a little teas, a little taste, a little aptez. Okay. Well.
Speaker 4: The teaser trailer for The Naked Gun was released yesterday and it starts Liam Neeson as the son of Frank Dreben, who was played by the late Leslie Nielsen in the original trilogy. A trailer even ends with a little stab at one Oj Simpson, who.
Speaker 3: Played Nordbird in the originals.
Speaker 4: It already has one critic, David Zucker, who was the one behind the original movies as well as Airplane Zucker says, I'm not planning on seeing the Naked Gun remake, and I regret even seeing the trailer for it because I can't unsee it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is the guy that did Naked Gun the original. Yeah, so look again to it.
Speaker 4: Apparently he and his partners had previously submitted a script for a new Naked Gun movie. Oh, he didn't get chosen the studio to go to a different direction. They never even reached out to him for his input on the reboots. So he's seems like a little sour grape situation.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, he's an afthou legend, and I like, we would think you would ask the original guy like what.
Speaker 3: Do you think about this?
Speaker 4: But then again, if he's just gonna hate on everything, then you're not gonna bring him in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he sounds a little crusty.
Speaker 4: The newest member of the one Billion Streams Club and is Metallica again. Their song Master Puppets has now been played over a billion times on Spotify. The band shared their excitement on social media yesterday, saying, quote, We're psyched to share that The Master Puppets has just made its way to Spotify's Billions Club. Thank you this is not the first time that their songs hit that that A song of theirs has hit that number, though nothing else matters an interest. Sandman have already hit a billion streams before, and the song famously gained renewed popularity after being featured in the fourth seasons of Netflix's Stranger Things, where character Eddie Munson performs the song Pretty cool for them, but I don't. I mean, I know Straighter Things gave it the bump, but I feel.
Speaker 3: Like this was gonna hit a billion streams no matter what.
Speaker 4: Anyways, this is like when you say name five Metallica songs, this is one of the first ones you name, Antr saman Master, Puppets would be one, two right, yeah, it'd be up the dos matter it would be the other one.
Speaker 1: It's top five. It's a top five I think the top of mine Metallic. I'm not saying it's their top five best songs.
Speaker 4: And then being a constant touring band like this, like you would imagine it's gonna hit a billion streams anyway. I've heard it hit a ten billion on the I heard radio app That's.
Speaker 3: What I heard.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 4: I don't have stories to back it up. That's what I heard rumors. You're saying that the.
Speaker 1: Niked Gun trailer. I do have a link up for that on links and Guests, And I didn't.
Speaker 4: Go see weird Nick Cage's voice. Nick Cage has a new movie coming out with me out a little bit. Did you Did you hear him talk weird?
Speaker 1: So the trailer for this Nick Cage movie, and Nick Cage is just a weird actor.
Speaker 3: If you just gave him no liquids for a year.
Speaker 1: But he's just doing a voice like this and he's got to keep it up the whole movie. And it's just me. He's like, are you doing that the whole movie, dude? And the answer is yes, So yes the movie trailers. Let's talk sports.
Speaker 4: Let's big weekend for sports Final Fours this weekend in San Antonio. For the minute least at five oh nine tomorrow night, Florida is gonna play Auburn and then at seven forty nine, the headliner of the evening U of H the Kougs take on Duke. You can watch both games on CBS.
Speaker 3: Also check out Duke's Cooper flag.
Speaker 4: If don't know anything about college basketball, He's about to be the first white guy taking number one, and like since Nam in the NBA draft, he's an absolute stud.
Speaker 1: Though. On duke was Christian Layner taking one? Nope, and he was a duke guy.
Speaker 3: He was how the duke guys fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kyrie Irving wasn't it, but yeah, okay, but Christian Layner wasn't taken first.
Speaker 1: Nope, No kidding, nope.
Speaker 4: The Women's Final Four is tonight in Tampa Bay at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: The Texas Longhorns.
Speaker 4: Are going to play the defending national champions South Carolina Lady Game Cocks. At eight thirty, Yukon is gonna play UCLA and then both of those games are gonna be available on ESPN. And the NBA Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Thunder at the Toyota Center. Coming into this when a six and a half point underdogs tip off is at seven o'clock. You could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In baseball, the Astros gotta win yesterday. They beat the Twins five to two to improve to three and four on the season.
Speaker 3: Starting to turn things around.
Speaker 1: Plenty of season left, it seems like it.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off before rezooming their series with Minnesota tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Really, Like how you whispered to me that most of the Duke guys are white? Like you whispered that to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I didn't want to get in like a weird race conversation.
Speaker 4: Cooper Flag being the first Wike, I take it number one overall is kind of a notable thing though in a long time.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rod, you know that most of the Duke guys are white. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be a weirdo. Oh wow, wait last wike I drafted first?
Speaker 1: Are you looking that up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was Maravich.
Speaker 3: Pistol Pete nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: Pete Maravich wasn't taken first, Nope, Nope.
Speaker 3: So that's why it's kind of big deal.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we're coming up on a halfway point.
Speaker 17: Heston's Rocking Alternatives The Rod Last the Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Bush.
Speaker 8: Alright, here we go, rock, all right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, Free bad Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who Lly said Ed got through for the beers?
Speaker 3: Is this Ed?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, this is and Mustapa.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, dude, you call number ten. You got the third case of beer today?
Speaker 5: Oh man, that is great.
Speaker 1: It's the first thing I've ever won. How is that possible, Ed, I've been around forever. I've been around. Okay, this show's been going on for a long time. You must not try to win anything.
Speaker 5: I'll stay on the road a lot, so I don't get a lot of time to call in.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're busy. I get it, Ed, You're a busy guy. So that's it. We're popping your cherry today. You got a case of beer.
Speaker 15: Oh that's great, man, thanks a lot, right.
Speaker 1: After I said it. Looking for twenty years, Yeah, Ed, thank you, thank you so much for all those years.
Speaker 16: Sorry, man, thank you, thank you and all your guys, your whole gang here, y'all are great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, These guys are pretty great. These guys are pretty good.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 1: They looks exactly the same. They're great. They're awesome. Thank you, Ed, I been listening a long time. It's the first time he's ever won. I'm regretting the pop to cherry comment. But it's out.
Speaker 15: It happens.
Speaker 4: It happens, Live radio, Baby, live radio.
Speaker 1: It was said. It was said, Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day, like Ed Now Clauda's Guy's ten percent chance of rain high eighty seven today, nine chance of thunderstorm tomorrow. Tomorrow is can rain ow to day and then some days even weirder. Ten percent chance of rain morning clouds afternoon sun high of fifty eight the television network Fox. I guess this would be good news for some of you. It's gotta be a lot of you. I mean, I must be in the minority. Four more seasons have been ordered of the Simpsons, Family Guy, and one that I've never watched, Bob's Burgers.
Speaker 4: Bob's but my wife is on such a Bob's Burgers and Kick. I like Bob's Burgers. It's a great background show. It's funny, it's witty. H John Benjamin, it was Home Movies.
Speaker 1: Are they all funny and witty? Family Guy and Simpsons, They're all family, funny and witty.
Speaker 4: They they just I mean, it's kind of the same formula, but like it plays and if you if Yeah, it's a comfort show that a lot of people just have on where like you can pay attention and if you pay attention, you'll laugh a few times. And if you aren't paying attention, it's fine to have on the background.
Speaker 3: Bob's Burger's a very good show. Makes me very happy.
Speaker 4: We were talking about that on my podcast this week, and Robert by Bosa doesn't watch a ton of stuff, watches Bob Burger.
Speaker 1: The Simpsons debut December seventeenth, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: As old as I am, what year were you born? Eighty nine?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm ordering four more seasons of you and the Simpsons. Okay, I get Simpsons money. Crazy that that's been around so long. I think it started out on the Tracy Olman Show.
Speaker 3: It was like a yeah, it was part of something else.
Speaker 1: It was a feature on the Tracy Almond Show, and it was just like a short and it was like this weird looking family. They didn't have the same beaks, they had different noses. They were kind of crooked, yeah, and they kind of cleaned them up for their own thing.
Speaker 4: They've changed it over the years, but it's just one of those shows that, like, what.
Speaker 1: Else is still going since the eighties. I'm not talking about news.
Speaker 3: Roseanne just kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't think so Rosy.
Speaker 3: That just ended. The Connors just ended.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, Roseanne.
Speaker 3: No, I think it was a nineties show.
Speaker 1: Roseanne nineteen eighty eight. Really yeah, but it went away for a while, and then they rebooted little for a long time. But they went away for a long time. They rebooted it. Roseanne was there and then she started tweeting on nik Will or whatever, and then she was out. Yeah, and then just the Connors, and I think you are I think you're right. They are wrapping up. So, I mean, that's a show that's on the air that started in the eighties.
Speaker 4: But if you like, so, what's different about I guess the Conner still counts as like it's not reruns, but like The Simpsons is on TV every single day, Yet yesterday I had Family Guy on in the background for like two hours while I was dealing with my kid, and like, it's all of the Like Bob's Burgers has reruns on that almost every day.
Speaker 3: If you just flipping through the channels.
Speaker 4: All of those shows are rerunnable shows that just our comfort shows for so many people, and that's why they keep getting renewed.
Speaker 3: Why would you not want to add more stuff to that vault.
Speaker 4: You can go on a website it's like Random Simpsons and it'll just show you a random episode of The Simpsons and you could theoretically watch like weeks without repeating episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Saturday Night Live has been on since nineteen seventy five, right, So that's the goat I'm not talking about they've had, But.
Speaker 4: I feel like it doesn't count as much because they've had so many cast changes, where like like Family Guys had basically the same people, The Simpsons is said, basically the same people.
Speaker 1: It's still a show with a formula, true, you know what I mean. So Saturday Night Live has been on since nineteen seventy five. The Young and the Rest List has been on since seventy three. So yeah, I figured a soap opera general hospitals like in the sixties, and then The Simpsons nineteen eighty nine until present, seven hundred and eighty episodes going strong. Supernatural has been on the CW since two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not.
Speaker 1: It was done in twenty twenty. Sorry, Sesame Street has been on since nineteen sixty nine. That's as old as me. Yeah they have.
Speaker 3: I'm the same.
Speaker 1: So that's a PBS situation. Little People, Big World, TLC two thousand and Okay, yeah, that's wild. Simpsons is like a record like up there with one of the old time shows. But I didn't even think about Saturday Night Live fifty years, right, they just.
Speaker 4: Did their celebration, But Saturday I've also, I guess they all do take breaks. Think when the season's done, it's not like it's a year round show.
Speaker 1: Simpsons takes a break. Yeah, they all take breaks. They're all they all have seasons.
Speaker 4: And they still put out like twenty two seasons, twenty two episode seasons too, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: If you're into it, you got at least four more years. Simpson's Family Guy and Bob's Burger's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's Show. On this free beer Friday. We're down three cases. We got another one coming up for you straight up at nine o'clock and then boom, open phones. Friday. Cannot wait to get you guys on, I got some tickets coming up for you. Well, really kind of just a little bit of everything this weekend. Weatherwise, ten percent chance of rain today, cloudy sky's high of eighty seven. Tomorrow ninety percent chance of thunderstorms keep it in the seventies, upper seventies, and then Sunday's even whackier ten percent chance of rain morning clouds, afternoon sun high have fifty eight on Sunday. Dude. The Naked Gun trailer is still trending this morning, and I think I have it. I think I I've cracked the code. A lot of naked well, no, but a lot of the headlines. I mean, number one, it's Liam Neeson doing comedy, but it's that Leslie Nielsen approach that he had and the Naked Gun where you're the straight man and Liam Neeson. You got to really be careful in these names. Liam Neeson, you know, he's a tough guy and he's delivering these lines and he's you know, I'll find you. Yeah, but all the headlines are including OJ the juice, all the headlines. Here's the trailer and check, you know, wait till the end, because you're going to see there's a nod to OJ, who played Nordberg. So I think people are watching it for that. To be honest with you, I don't think it'd be this big.
Speaker 3: Oh, J's a big draw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're definitely, they're definitely using OJ to get people to get eyes on this teaser trailer.
Speaker 3: Much better actor than person, I think we can say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a better football player than a person too. Yes, And you know, he just wasn't a good guy on the outside.
Speaker 4: If you think about whenever somebody says he's a better person like JJ Watt, better person than a football player. Probably not, though, because he's like a top one percent of football players.
Speaker 3: You think he's a top one percent human being. I don't think that that's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people raised million dollars. I know a lot of people have also raised money.
Speaker 1: I think he's a one percent.
Speaker 3: It's not a good guy.
Speaker 1: What else is trending?
Speaker 3: Fanny Friday is continuing to trend.
Speaker 4: Natalie Jeremy was submitted to us by listener joh and people are loving her this morning, so go check her out. The world famous rod ryanshripage at the buzz dot com and also Training is National School librarian Day.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know celebrate your school librarians. I thought it was picky eater day.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's also that too, Picky Riccardo don't like picky eaters who are eating in their libraries.
Speaker 3: So and say thank you to your school librarian.
Speaker 1: I feel like you were a pain in the ass picky eater growing up. I do feel like I'm right on that.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were a chicken nugget waffle guy. That's all you ate. Probably is that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think a lot of kids are that way.
Speaker 1: See I'm right, but.
Speaker 3: I think I think a lot of kids are that way.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: I just feel like you were a pain in the ass.
Speaker 4: Like when the kids want like five things and that's it, and then they get to an age that I don't know why I thought that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got tickets to go see Brian Reagan December fourth. Buy You Music Center. Tickets go out and sale today ten o'clock. This is our last pair before they go on sale, so come get them. Seven one three The Rod Ryan Show on nine Bus Rodeo Service ninety four or five the buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. There's still our pals. That's Papa Roach. We love those guys, I do. It's Papa Roach in the last Resort. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Amy on the phone here, Hello.
Speaker 13: Amy, Hi, get morning Amy.
Speaker 1: It's Picky Eater Day. I don't think we should be celebrating picky eaters. I think it's just recognizing picky eaters. I feel Alex was a picky eater growing up. Amy, Are you a picky Are you Picky Ricardo? I am?
Speaker 7: I am not no fun.
Speaker 19: It's terrible though. It's all about the chicken fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how old is the kid?
Speaker 19: Twenty one?
Speaker 1: Twenty one? And he hasn't gotten out of that ten Dy's He hasn't gotten a chicken tends?
Speaker 19: He has but very little. He's expanding a little bit, you know, after college.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling with that right now. My kids seven. But you know, like she wasn't getting up until she finished those Brussels sprouts last night. They gotta eat tho Brussels sprouts. You gotta eat them, you know, for you all that green stuff. Mine are way better than the way my mom cooked them. My mom made little fart balls. Didn't put any seasoning on him nothing. I wasna Brussels sprouts, mind Chrispy. I put him in the air fryer. You know, some salt, pepper, garlic, and they're not hard to make, you know. I put a little olive oil on them. Crisp them up. They're delicious, all.
Speaker 19: Right, delicious.
Speaker 1: Hey, Amy, your color, your caller number ten. You you're gonna go see Brian Reagan December fourth, Buy you Music Center. Everyone else is buying tickets today at ten o'clock. I think he's gonna sell that place out. What's up? I said, But now I have them. Yeah, you have a pair of tickets. You have the pair. Everyone else has to buy them now after you. That's it. It's my last free pair. So congratulations, have a great time at the show.
Speaker 19: All right, thank you, Thank you so much. You guys have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you have an awesome weekend. Amy, hang on for me, Alex. I was gonna talk about the Looking at Girls blog page. Why are you giving me Space music? Oh there's an article on there. You're right Space So okay, I don't get into this every day. I just you guys can go look at this stuff on your own. Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen. You know they got that wild Sammy Sheen daughter only fans, which prompted Mom Denise Richards to get on OnlyFans in solidarity of her daughter, like, you know, trying to like be some super mom. She's taking the cash. She's getting a lot of money. She's out with. Denise Richards is making a lot of money on only fans right now. So there's a story about that. I don't know who Alexis Bellino is, but she's a new grandma. Oh she's a Real Housewives. She's a new grandma. But guess what, it's an animal. She got a new animal in the house. You're not a grandparent, you're not a pet grandparent.
Speaker 3: If she did, it's like your grand dog.
Speaker 1: I guess a couple of birthdays today, Krista Allen. Maybe some of you will remember her from Baywatch. Oh that's good, Megan Marooney. She's the rule breaker of the year. She just won an award. She's super hot. But I say go for the picks, stay for the articles. I'm looking at girls blog page today. A former former NASA employee said the higher ups will never admit it but yes, astronauts do have sex in space.
Speaker 3: What else are you gonna do? You know, you're up there long, like you're up there for a year, Well you're get bored.
Speaker 1: But like they have families waiting for them at home. Like, let's just talk about the two people that were up there. You think they do You think they messed around a little bit. I think there was a space tuggy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying there was, but I think that there was a certain point where they both thought about it. I it crossed their minds. You're looking at the same people every day.
Speaker 1: Don't know what their situations were here back on Earth.
Speaker 3: It's an open relationship.
Speaker 4: It's like different like a cross state lines doesn't count and you're not in the planet.
Speaker 3: It doesn't count, right.
Speaker 4: It does, But it doesn't Space tuggies, space tuggies, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. It's not a ding I've got I've got it for you. On the Looking at Girls blog page, this NASA employee says it absolutely happens.
Speaker 4: I mean she's an employees, she would know and the higher ups will never ever ever cop to it.
Speaker 1: How could you not go there and read that article? That's just some of what is on the Looking at Girls blog page. To be honest with you, I had nowhere else to put that story, so I thought, okay, let me just throw it in there. Throw it in there next to Sammy Sheen. Here's stp on ninety four or five buzz don't table Pilot's unplugged plush. Good morning, Rod, Ryan show one case of beer left twenty minutes. We'll give away that fourth and final case of beer from Specs, and then we'll flip the phones. We'll go over to you. What do you want to talk about. You'll keep the show going for the last hour before we turn you loose for the weekend. We will leave you with Gaslight Anthem County gross tickets for their show live July thirty first. That's at Smart Financial Center at sugar Lands. All right, So I was talking about tuggies in space before Stone Table pilots, and then Alex kind of nudged me and said, uh, you asked for our quarterly reports.
Speaker 9: Rod.
Speaker 1: You got yelled at. Why didn't expect you to do it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You guys had your we have little faith. Wait wait wait, you guys have your quarterly reports.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you asked this just something we do it.
Speaker 1: Not always, I feel like we do.
Speaker 3: I feel like I forget when the quarter ends.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I know that we could look up months, but we're quarter ish reports.
Speaker 1: Chile. You have a quarterly report, like you have your top ten Instagram features of the year. Yes, sir, is it the last ten girls you featured?
Speaker 3: No, it's nine out almost.
Speaker 1: Almost all I know Alex day by day does this and really respects this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I'm a little upset that you submit to me.
Speaker 3: I do, Chili reminded me.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that you don't respect this. I'm saying that you just went and the you just did the last Thursday, the last ten Thursday girls.
Speaker 10: You haven't even looked at my at my top ten and then you're already talking smack.
Speaker 1: Are they I like your top ten? Chilli up? They're They're okay, they've been up. Chili's first quarterly Instagram Top ten report for twenty twenty five. His first quarterly Instagram Top ten report for twenty twenty five. Okay, now we don't we don't submit A man well talks about I was already in a great mood. Now I'm gonna be in a better mood. I can't wait to see what the boys are interested in. You guys have very different tastes. I'll say that, yeah, twins look identical, identical twins, but your taste in Instagram features is always uh, it's wildly different. All right, Chillie, thank you. I can't wait. I can't wait. I'm gonna go look at them right now. Rock and Alternative very used to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzzy.
Speaker 1: Four or five, the buzz Lit my own worst enemy, Rod Ryan Show. Oh we're so close. Eight minutes we'll get to another case of beer, the fourth and final case from Specs, and then phones are yours? Open? Phones? The whole last hour? What do you guys want to talk about? I can't wait to hear what you have to say. We've been dealing with cloudy skies today, low chances of rain, warm high of eighty seven tomorrow, the rain twenty percent chance of rain tonight, cloudy skuys gets a little windy tonight and then boom tomorrow, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms throughout the day on Saturday, and then Sunday's wacky ten percent chance of rain. Morning clouds afternoons on high of fifty eight. You got one more in you?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I gotta talk about this crazy the markets yesterday and tariffs have fun. Houston's headlines go hokeoy morning everyone.
Speaker 4: US markets suffered their biggest decline since twenty twenty yesterday, largely because of the fear that President Trump's new tariff plan is going to trigger a global trade.
Speaker 3: War and drag the US economy into a recession.
Speaker 4: Major stock index has dropped as much as six percent, and stocks lost roughly three point one trillion dollars in market value, their largest one day decline since March of twenty twenty. Today, stock index futures drifted lower and stocks in Japan were hit for a second day and yesterday's plunge. The Dow Industrials dropped over six teen hundred points, about four percent. A tech heavy Nasdaq was down six percent, while the S and P five hundred and felled four point eight percent.
Speaker 1: I'll skip the awesome details, but everything's down right now.
Speaker 3: If you have a stock, it's probably down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, market's open.
Speaker 3: Are the penny stocks filling.
Speaker 1: At eight thirty? I don't really look at the penny stocks. I might start, Yeah, I might be a penny stock guy now.
Speaker 4: The deadline for TikTok's parent company byte Dance to sell the app is tomorrow, and several companies and groups have already put together bids to buy the app, but any deal would have to have the approval of the Chinese government, which hasn't really been open to the idea of selling the app and its algorithm. When I asked about the looming deadline yesterday, President Donald Trump said that the tariffs announced on Chinese imports might play a part in any negotiations over the sale of the app. The administration is also reportedly considering a new executive order delaying the deadline again, which could be signed today. In some other app news, the money transferring service Zell is shutting down its app.
Speaker 3: Service is provided by Zell.
Speaker 4: Will still be available on banking apps, so users are just going to have to re enroll through their participating bank or credit union to continue using Zell's services. Only two percent of Zel users used the standalone app. Running or hitting the gym is a great way to relieve stress, but an activity that may find that you may find more fun It could be even better for you. And I'm talking dancing. New study found that dancing could be the best way to relieve stress because it combines our four different natural stress relievers, music, rhythm, movement, and socialization. Any of those things on their own can help with stress and anxiety, but combining them together is even better.
Speaker 3: So dancing to music at home or even in.
Speaker 4: Your car while you're on your way to work can help you relieve some stress. Dance based exercise routines are also a good call, but it's even better when you dance with other people and there's physical contact involved. So go out and cut a rug this weekend. It might help you relax.
Speaker 3: You're stressed about the stock market, Go do a little dancing.
Speaker 1: We all know that you're a songbird, but does that doesn't necessarily translate to translates fleet feet?
Speaker 4: Are you a dance Jacky Jeremy Winter?
Speaker 1: You can dance, can't you?
Speaker 3: I can dance?
Speaker 1: I bet you can if I want to dance. I've seen you do like your white guy festival drunk dance with your big oversized hat on. You know, you just kind of like, you know, just bopping a lot of shoulder movement, yeah, back and forth, But I mean, you get out there and dance all wedding.
Speaker 3: Remember we did dance of our first dance song.
Speaker 1: You did like a little Chimmian. You did. Get out there.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, I'm uh, I'm break dance quality, but I could.
Speaker 3: I have to put some moves on. I got my wife. You know, I danced.
Speaker 1: They say, dance like no one's watching.
Speaker 3: That's what I liked.
Speaker 1: But I feel like everyone's watching me, So I can't let myself go.
Speaker 3: Just gotta you're doing too much, like I do nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, but now what you're doing that was too much.
Speaker 4: Ryan Reynolds makes a lot of money off of his but it seems like he's always trying to sell something. He sold you gin, he's sold you wireless access, and he's even sold you soccer.
Speaker 3: And now he's selling wine.
Speaker 4: His new one is called ugly Estates, and it comes in what looks like a taller version of a kid's juice box, except there's no straw, just a twist off cap. Uglyest States promises thirty three percent more wine than a regular bottle and one hundred percent less snob, they say. The new ad for Ugliest States stars Peggy the hairless Pug, who's better known as dog Pool and the Deadpool and Wolverine move. Bruce Springsteen is releasing not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but seven new albums in June. They're part of a box set called Tracks two The Lost Albums. In total, it has eighty three previously unreleased tracks that were recorded between nineteen eighty three and twenty eighteen. Seventy four of those eighty three tracks have never been heard before. The Boss says that he used his time during the pandemic to finish everything he had in his vault, and the release date for all seven albums is June twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: I can't write one song. This guy's got six hundred songs later around.
Speaker 3: Firing them off, plays the Boss. And that's what those are using headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. Let's talk sports here.
Speaker 4: Big weekend for college basketball. The Final Four for the men is this weekend in San Antonio Tomorrow night, starting up at five oh nine, Florida is gonna take on Auburn and then at seven forty nine the Houston Cougar's take on Duke.
Speaker 3: You can watch both of those games on CBS.
Speaker 4: The women's Final four beat tonight in Tampa Bay, Florida at six o'clock. Texas takes on South Carolina at eight thirty, Yukon plays UCLA. Both those games will be available on ESPN. In the NBA, the Rockets are gonna be in action tonight. They're hosting the Thunder at the Toyota Center. Coming into this one is six and a half point Dogs. Tip off is at seven and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In baseball, the Asfios gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Twins five to two to improve to three and four on the season. Herning things around, They're gonna have a day off before resuming their series with Minnesota tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative Fair host The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten AM. The buzz.
Speaker 7: Sree Bam Friday, You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Rod Bam Friday, and Roe Bam Friday and were Bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hi, how are you? Hi'm ter? Who is this?
Speaker 5: Rico Swabi?
Speaker 1: Rico Swabi color number ten, fourth and final case.
Speaker 4: Of bearing today.
Speaker 1: You're the winner, rock Rock, you got the last case. Thank you. Where are you from? Rico Swave?
Speaker 15: Jesus?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, the beers this weekend? Are you off? Are you working today? I'm working? You're working right now? What do you do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Engineering? Oh, I'm sorry. Sorry, you're an engineer. Sorry, I'm just a dumb guy in the radio. Do you engineer on the weekends or you got Saturday and Sunday off at the weekend off? Get the weekend off? Good for you, bro? All right, well, enjoy your beers. Rico.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have an awesome, awesome weekend. Little rainy tomorrow, but you know we'll find some stuff to do, right, yeah, Rico, hang on for me. I didn't even give him that name. He called himself Rico Swave. He did the rain. Not a problem today. You gotta get something done outside Today's they didn't do it tomorrow. And that's so much. Ninety percent chance of thunderstorms, kind of a washout tomorrow, ten percent chance to rain on Sunday morning, clouds, afternoon sun. And that's the weird where it's like a high of fifty eight outside can.
Speaker 13: We uh open phones for Friday?
Speaker 1: Open phones for Friday? More like open phones Friday?
Speaker 10: Yay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can we can we get into some open phones here? What do you guys want to talk about? Get the whole morner? Yeah, good morning? Is this David? It is David. Welcome to open phones Friday. How are you going? All right?
Speaker 12: How about Joe?
Speaker 5: So great?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you? You got the first call you It's a big I mean it's a big responsibility here. You could set the tone for the whole hour. What do you got, David Man?
Speaker 13: I just wanted to say this.
Speaker 1: You're breaking up, David, We're losing you. You sounded like you were about to say something. Hang on a second, all right, David, I'm gonna put you on hold. I'm gonna come back to you. I don't know something. He got a little scrambled sounding. I'm gonna come back to you because you sound like you had something good to say. Uh, well, there's Josh Tree. He's always on standards. Are you just always there waiting like okay, if if some guy loses a phone call, you can always come to me.
Speaker 12: Josh.
Speaker 1: I'm right here. I'm not working this morning. Hey, you know me I mean you are working, right, Josh Tree. You are in the in the shop off.
Speaker 5: Staying there every day all day.
Speaker 1: Okay on the radio, this guy's working. What you got for open Phones.
Speaker 8: Joshua, And I just wanted to say, go coo. Yeah, I really hope they pull it off, and I really hope they get the championship they deserve.
Speaker 1: One is that Saturday night Alex They got the late game with Duke right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe they have the most final.
Speaker 4: Four trips without a national championship all the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want that. We want to get that off our back. Yang.
Speaker 4: Calvin Sampson's story is just so cool, like the Cook's winning. I think they have the longest odds to win. If you want to get what the beag little bit does mine on the coogs this weekend.
Speaker 1: But oh, that's you telling people to bet money.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, if it's your choice, not my choice, your choice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, first winning would be perfect, probably better than the stock market. All right, Josh Tree, have a great weekend, dude. Okay you tube brother, thank you, dude. Oscar You're next up on open Phones. Hey man has it going?
Speaker 21: First time caller listening to you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, welcome in, dude, first time. Let me clean the place up a little bit, and trying I didn't know we've been trying for my case of beer. First time company Jesus. Okay, let me straighten up a little bit, dude. All right, you were trying to get beer. Those are gold though, you know that, right?
Speaker 21: Yeah, No, I've been I've been watching the stream, so I mean, yeah, I've been trying to keep track.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, I got to do my work as well.
Speaker 1: What do you do work for solar?
Speaker 12: Okay, we're actually goes down the street. Were on Post Oak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a big sun guy. We're not getting a lot of sun. I got cloudy skuys today. I mean is that like you should have Like if it's cloudy, you get the day off.
Speaker 21: No, actually, warehouse, so I got to make sure all my ins andy still so no, I still gotta be in here. I gotta give you thanks to Chile though, because I love those uh those double overtimes he gives us.
Speaker 1: Chili gives double overtimes. Well, yeah, on the game.
Speaker 21: You know, read my lips.
Speaker 1: You know I get in trouble for that, right, Like, but.
Speaker 12: It should be worth it.
Speaker 3: It's worth it, and you didn't even get scolded that bad.
Speaker 1: I am supposed to keep this show running on time, and then I got Chili monking around with these overtime words, and then the listener's doing the same thing, double triple overtimes. Oscar. I don't want to promote that. Okay, that's not happening anymore, no more. But we love it and we thank you for it. All right, thank you, Oscar. Have a great weekend. AM for it. Good morning?
Speaker 12: What's up dude?
Speaker 1: You're on the air open phonees Friday. I just wanted to say, I love everybody, and let's have a beautiful Friday. Let's go, let's go, let's do that, eh, thank you, everyett loves everybody. That's another line, open guys, really good start to open phones. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. As long as you guys call, I can keep the open phones going. So if you want, I got some open lines here. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. What do you want to talk about? You got to promote something, you got something coming up, you got an event, you want to promote your band, your business, something like that. I'm down for all of that, but you got to get in and out with that stuff. Get yourself together. You got a website to give to us. We all know you're on the world Wide Web. Let's get right to that, UURL. Okay, I can't wait to hear from you. Open phones, hit it.
Speaker 3: Of us, Rock and al Tear Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm six to ten A.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, Rod Ryan's Show. It's open phones Friday. I've got every phone line is full, all right. I got every phone line full, Alex, I got people waiting to get on the air here, all right, So do what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: My time online it's Alex online nine the much Okay, what you got?
Speaker 3: I actually had a lot of fun with this one after I found it this morning.
Speaker 4: It's uh, race the horses is Today's AOL and you will get to race horses if you want to just race horses. Like you can name them, you can number them, you can do whatever you want. You can use them to decide who has to do a chore? Okay, So like I have Rod Alex Chili, who have like, who's gonna who do we? Who are we all paying ten bucks to right now? Let's chuck it out.
Speaker 1: Let me guess the chili right now.
Speaker 4: Chili's Rod's Rod's coming up strong, up, Chili's pulling away, Chili's pulling away, and Alex wins.
Speaker 3: Everbody has to pay me twenty dollars right now. So there's that.
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 3: What should I do this weekend? Drink volunteer, watch basketball, drink or drink, and then I'm gonna run that. You can set how long you want the races to be.
Speaker 1: This is you or your horse.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm all.
Speaker 4: The horses are named drink, drink, drink, watch, basketball, volunteer. I have a volunteer this weekend, damn it. And then all right, this is the last one I put together. Who has a better IG quarterly top ten?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 4: Chili or They're both great. We're gonna start that. We've set the races at ten seconds each. Right now I'm in the lead, they're both grade is catching up, both grades.
Speaker 1: In the lead, and this is I pulled ahead.
Speaker 3: I have a better quarterly top ten.
Speaker 4: It's like horse GPT basically, but it's just completely random. So go have fun with this til some time at work. Get your coworkers in on it and check it out. Race the horses if the World Famish rod Ryan showpage bus dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, you're in luck. It's open Phones Friday. Oh I'm gonna go through all these I'm gonna get everybody on the air right now, Kelly and holding the longest Hi Kelly, Hi, Well he are you great? You're on open Phones Friday. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 19: I just wanted to talk about myself because my birthday is tomorrow. Happyday, Thank you so much. I'm turning thirty five, which is horrifying.
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna lie when you're forty five. You're gonna laugh at your thirty five year old self. You know that, right?
Speaker 19: I know, which is so true because my friends that like when they turn thirty, I'm like, it's really not that scary, And then I say the same thing for thirty five.
Speaker 1: So I don't really view thirty five as a milestone, but I guess yeah, okay, So what are you doing tomorrow, Kelly?
Speaker 19: Here we go. I so I'm a single mom. I have a four year old. I don't think that she's planning anything. No chance of rain, So I'm gonna go to the gallery and spend way too much money.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, little retail therapy, right, exactly, exactly, Well, good stuff, all right, Well, Kelly, happy birthday to your birthday.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 19: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's Kelly. I'm going to be shopping down in the galleria tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Justin, you're next up on open phones, Yes, sir, Hey, justin morning, Good morning Friday, Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir. I'm headed to a job interview right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And it's been seven years since I went job on and I'm kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: So are you Are you looking for this job while you're employed or you need a gig?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: Well, my two weeks at my previous job just went out Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I've been searching this week and this is my first interview got today. You know, you've been a free agent for one week.
Speaker 3: Is the same industry or you go in a different direction?
Speaker 11: It's uh well, the industry that I was in was logistics.
Speaker 12: I did it all ocean exports.
Speaker 21: Okay, but this time this I'm going for a warehouse management position.
Speaker 1: What are you wearing for the interview?
Speaker 14: About it?
Speaker 1: What's what's what's your fit? What are you wearing?
Speaker 19: I got on a Wrangler T shirt with a white undershirt, my cross neck and regular.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that enough? Is that enough for this interview? I mean, are you dressed appropriately? I don't know.
Speaker 12: I feel like I feel like I am.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not saying you need a three piece suit. I'm not that guy either. I'm just saying you gotta give it. Give it. It's a Wrangler T shirt that you're wearing right now.
Speaker 21: It's a Wrangler.
Speaker 12: It's a dress shirt, a Wrangler dress shirt.
Speaker 1: Like a button down, button up, button down?
Speaker 12: Yet there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, okay. I was thinking you're showing up in a T shirt, bro, and I'm like, is that good? All right?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: You look good?
Speaker 1: No, sir, all right, you look good?
Speaker 19: Nola.
Speaker 1: My mom wokes sag when they say, okay, Justin, have any questions for me? What do you plan on saying?
Speaker 12: When do I start?
Speaker 1: I don't hate that bad, Justin? What would you say your biggest weaknesses? What's your biggest weakness?
Speaker 3: Justin?
Speaker 11: My biggest weakness?
Speaker 1: Oh man, you're gonna get hit with that, bro. You gotta be ready.
Speaker 12: I don't think I have a weakness.
Speaker 19: Honestly, I'm pretty well rounded human being.
Speaker 3: I care too much. And sometimes I work too hard.
Speaker 1: I work too hard sometimes and I want to I want to do all the projects. And sometimes I spread myself a little thin.
Speaker 4: I don't always have enough time in the day to complete everything that everyone else could do.
Speaker 1: And sometimes when I'm supposed to be working, I go and hit the bars.
Speaker 3: Don't say that.
Speaker 1: No, don't say that. If you do that, that's fine, but don't tell him you do that, justin good luck on that job.
Speaker 3: And yeah, man, you got this.
Speaker 1: He's got it. He looks good too. James, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 15: Brother Rod, what's up?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 18: Swim hack and Kay, we saw each other at the gym. I'm the big binge presser.
Speaker 1: God, the size of the mass of this man that's on the phone with us right now. I met him at the gym, and I'm like, I can't hang out with you. Dude. You're bench pressing nine pounds and then not quite but you're I know your name on your swim hack. I don't see anybody your size in the pool. There's no way when you were a swimmer you were.
Speaker 3: The size say agiant, not at all.
Speaker 1: You must go right to the instantly. Yeah, you must go right to the bottom now. But you used to be a swimmer and then you just got into real heavy weights.
Speaker 15: So swimming it really just builds up your arms and your upper body.
Speaker 18: And I didn't realize that I was building a foundation for an enormous bench press that I never had done before.
Speaker 1: What do you mention these days, James? Good question.
Speaker 18: So I had a stroke about three years ago, and so I had put all the heavy, heavy stuff out just to maintain and.
Speaker 15: I'm normally about I'm sitting about four hundred.
Speaker 12: And fifty right now, which I know it's a really unreferre.
Speaker 15: The average, but for me, that's just a real big setback. So I'm just working through it.
Speaker 1: The other thing that you do, and I think you do a good job on your socials. What is your Instagram again.
Speaker 18: It's swim hat. So it's a combination of the words swimming and hacker because I do computer programming and all that kind of stuff. So it's like the physical world meets the nerd world.
Speaker 1: You you take in and listen, this guy's in ridiculous shape. He takes in an enormous amount of calories and he eats like he eats like I can't.
Speaker 3: Eat, I would maintain.
Speaker 1: Guy, I wish I could eat like you, but i'd need to work out like you then afterwards. But yeah, like you can eat, Like what's your caloric intake right now?
Speaker 15: I'm sitting below four thousand.
Speaker 18: But like I said, I'm just trying to maintain health and not eat too much cholesterol and keep the blood pressure down. So and I'm forty four, so I've got to pay attention to that stuff. Lifting is not that.
Speaker 1: Important, Okay, all right, so you're kind of you're changing, pivoting a little.
Speaker 18: Bit, a little bit. But hey, I know I've only got a few minutes. I wanted to pitch you real quick. You mentioned earlier that you bought Rodryan dot Com.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 18: I've been doing websites. I own strictly technology. I've been to websites for thirty years. I'd love to give you one completely free on me.
Speaker 1: A website.
Speaker 15: A website.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm interested, dude, I'm interested.
Speaker 15: I'll drop my info and we can chat later.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, James, good to check good to check in with you. I'd see him at the gym all the time. I'm like, and he's like, you know, hey, like he's talking to me and I said, dude, I can't hang with you, like I can't work out with you.
Speaker 3: That's really cool to have, Like you want to be friends with the biggest guy in the gym.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I got caught.
Speaker 3: He's a good guy I have on your side if something breaks out.
Speaker 1: You know, you know how I got stuck working on with a couple of times back in the day. And this isn't I'm not bragging. No, it was that Ted guy that used to play for the Patriots that did radio here for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was friends with Trader Randy and I would go in and work out with Randy and then there's Ted What the hell was his name? He was enormous.
Speaker 3: He's on six'.
Speaker 1: Ten then, NO i think he moved back to The boston. Area Ted, Johnson yeah like a. Bodybuilder, Yeah, JACK i had no business working out with.
Speaker 4: HIM na having a different like regiment where you're, Like i'm gonna do a couple of.
Speaker 3: Ds i'm gonna do a couple of. D's it's, like DAMN nfl.
Speaker 1: Workout but we're doing a, circuit, right and you know you're using the not free, weights but you're using the equipment and they're on a certain, number And.
Speaker 3: I'm like a twenty five pound weight and he's got.
Speaker 5: That it's my.
Speaker 1: Turn i'm gonna a full bar, bell like a full. Bell i'm gonna put this in. Half, Yeah, josh you're next up on open. Phones, Hi, Josh Hey, rod are you doing? Brother really good, man another one of our great. Joshes what you got going on this? Weekend oh, man not.
Speaker 5: MUCH i just wanted to mention Your Galas County fair starting this.
Speaker 1: Weekend everybody come.
Speaker 12: Out.
Speaker 5: Man you guys got.
Speaker 1: Your work cut out for you because you know you've got some rain to deal with. Tomorrow is it going on, Today saturday And? Sunday, yes, Okay Galveston County. Fair i've driven Down highway six. BEFORE i might must have been on my motorcycle or. Something and there must be some like crazy campground around there that everybody holds. Up is that? True yeah yeah Yeah Jack brooks Fair. Ground yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, Okay i've seen this. Before i've seen this all, Right County. Fair thank, You. Josh it's a good heads up for the. Weekend thank, you, Dude, Jay.
Speaker 12: Brother, ron how's it going?
Speaker 1: Great what do you got for open? Phones?
Speaker 4: Dude, MAN i just wanted to, Say i'm really excited for this golf tournament next.
Speaker 5: Week it's my first TIME i ever playing.
Speaker 1: What it's first time in the. Tournament it's. Okay first of, all you got to get this out of the. Way we Got jay on the, phone, Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, Jay Jay.
Speaker 1: Jay it is a party on a golf, Course that's all it, Is. OKAY i don't care about what dumb scorecard you and your buddies turn. IN i know you're. CHEATING i know you're. Lying everyone, cheats everyone. Lies you're gonna get made fun of for your stupid low. SCORE i can't even believe some of the scorecards that some of these guys turn.
Speaker 4: In it's actually better to be, BAD i, cares than like, good because no one's gonna believe you even if you are.
Speaker 3: Good so it's kind of like it's all for.
Speaker 1: Nothing there's, activities there's tents, everywhere there's just party holes. Everything, jay it's a great. Party i'm so. Glad thank. You thank you for getting involved man and being in the for the first. TIME i really appreciate.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Ye i'm ready to.
Speaker 1: Party you took Off wednesday And.
Speaker 5: Thursday so.
Speaker 1: That's a smart move right. There and that's another line open seven one three two one two five nine four. Five it's Open Phones, friday right here on The buzz ninety four Five The. Buzz we were just talking about that band the other. Day they wrapped up their live performance THEIR i guess their career performing. LIVE i guess the band's just. Done but no more live, shows no more. Nothing they played The Juno, awards which is The canadian equivalent of The, grammys and then they were inducted into The Canadian Music hall Of FAME MiG deal for some forty one. Man that's. Good, yeah young. Guys they're young. GUYS i don't think they're, done but they say they're not one of these bands that says they're. Done so we're just gonna have to give them the benefit of the. Doubt maybe they're the, Ones maybe they're the one that break the. MOLD i don't know about. THAT i don't know about.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 1: ALEX i call Him Canada's. Blink on eighty. Two it's Open Phones. Friday, Okay jared's been on hold the. Longest i'm gonna get to these. Calls and then we're gonna wrap this thing. Up But i'm gonna get you all On if you're on hold right, Now, jared you're next up on open. Phones good, Morning.
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 1: Morning all right? Up Hey, jared what you got for me? Today wait a, Minute, Hey, chili would you check his line just to make? Sure and that other guy kind of hung up on, Me But, JARED i can't hear, you SO i gotta. Go we gotta check your line to make sure that you're. Okay good, morning Rod Ryan. Show who's This? Josue, hello it Says Joe. Sue is that? Right and it's not jose?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: Hi what's your? Name do you?
Speaker 3: Run her name?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 1: Oh is it our? Phones? Probably bro talk to? Me, HEY i just want to give a shout out to, uh my wife's new.
Speaker 11: Business she's been doing great.
Speaker 19: At her job AND i just it's finally a time for her to take it on the. Side SO i just wanted to shout.
Speaker 3: Out her name Is, ali mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm she's doing a side.
Speaker 3: Business, yes what is the?
Speaker 1: Business what is she?
Speaker 3: Doing she's A she's a dog.
Speaker 4: Groomer?
Speaker 1: Okay is she ayres? Area is she doing it from? Home or does she got like one of those mobile you, know like RVs that goes around and cleans.
Speaker 3: Dogs so she's gonna do it at.
Speaker 12: Home now she's been doing.
Speaker 19: It we got about twenty, well she has about twenty.
Speaker 3: Clients she prote she promotes it on ig so it's very fun for.
Speaker 1: Her what's what's The Instagram it, is, Uh paul spot three do it, again pau spa Pau spa twenty twenty. Three very? Good CAN i clear up your?
Speaker 5: Name what is?
Speaker 15: It your?
Speaker 19: Name, oh my name Is, postu so it's kind of like jose but you got to put A u in, there like post.
Speaker 1: Sway all, right thank. You i'm like, like, hey Here's. Josue i'm, Sorry. Josue i'm a. WHITE i don't know how to. Talk Sandra, Hyler, Hi, sandra you're on open Phones. Friday what you? Got oh my.
Speaker 20: GOSH i just wanted to SAY i listened to y'all every. MORNING i live In new bronzels now AND i have listened to y'all for the last few years on The iHeartRadio app and morning lunch.
Speaker 15: On my way.
Speaker 20: Home and that's ALL i wanted to.
Speaker 1: Say, oh that's so. GREAT i think anybody that lives In New bronze Felt i'm thinking, that like when you're having dinner or you're sitting there having your little coffee on the, porch are there people just in tubes floating past your?
Speaker 12: House actually we went tubing.
Speaker 20: Left this summer and my fiance loss of, phone so we probably will be back, SOON i.
Speaker 1: Think but are you right? There, like can we? Crash can we all go to your house and then tube and then come back dry? Off we can use your, house come on down?
Speaker 12: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yes and what about That New Bronze. Felds isn't there like some beef jerky place?
Speaker 20: There so ACTUALLY i think there's only one S i've been told In.
Speaker 5: New, Bombs New.
Speaker 1: Bronze i'm saying it.
Speaker 12: Wrong, still, yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you new To new Bron.
Speaker 3: FELDS i am.
Speaker 20: New we lived In houston AND i would listen every morning on my way AND i was, LIKE i just did not want to find.
Speaker 12: Another radio station to listen to. IT i wanted.
Speaker 20: It thank, you keep on listening to.
Speaker 3: Y'all thank.
Speaker 1: You All, Right, Well i'm gonna say, HI i WANT i tube passed your. House i'm gonna go, Too i'm gonna take the. Kid i'm gonna take the kid on a tube this. Summer we're gonna go right Past sandra's. House say, hey It's. Rod remember we were on the. Air you were you were on the show On april, Fourth, Rick you're next up On Open. Fallows good, Morning, hey good Morning.
Speaker 12: Rod how are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Morning so? Great? Dude what do you got For Open falls you're on the.
Speaker 12: Air, HEY i go By Richard, giels always, working always.
Speaker 15: Wheel mm.
Speaker 1: HMM i like. That that's a good.
Speaker 12: Name i'm talking to. YOU a couple of weeks, ago my daughter plays at The school Of.
Speaker 1: Rocks she plays the base love.
Speaker 12: It she played That marti gro gig there a couple of weeks. Ago so off and they're headed To New. Bronzeville actually the lady they just called sheet to A New bronxville this. Weekend they're gonna have a river. Fest it's a three day. Festival, yeah she's gonna be jamming up There. Saturday but not like while on a.
Speaker 1: Tube that would be cool, tubesday but you would have to use like A i got a stand up. Base you have to have a separate tube for your stand up base or something you want To you can't have an electric base on a tube going down the? River is there A is there a festival that she's?
Speaker 12: Playing that's one of my. Daughters my other daughters, older she's in a band Called Bone. Creature she's going to be playing tonight At, bohemias which is off Of lockwood And telephone in the in THE u OF h area, there and they're going to be playing tonight. There so my daughter's got gigs this Weekend.
Speaker 1: Bohemias where did the girls get all this musical talent? From are you a musician? Yourself?
Speaker 12: YES i, PLAYED i played. GUITAR i got a solid gig Every sunday at my.
Speaker 1: Church so you got them started at what? Age did you get them started on their? Instruments you, KNOW i.
Speaker 12: Couldn't there's always been guitars laying around and they sort of fiddled with. Them BUT i didn't really teach. Them they sort of wanted to learn on their own and IF i try to show, them they're like. No and then as they got into, school they took. Music my older daughter took, violin so she had more classical training as far as keeping tempos and. Beats, yeah and my other daughter plays a stand up based at school so she's got that same. Thing you, guys ever heard the rhythm the timpo.
Speaker 1: Like partridge family all jammed.
Speaker 12: Together, no they do not like damming.
Speaker 9: With me too.
Speaker 12: Often, man they. Don't they oude like their own. Stuff but they're. FUN i do play with.
Speaker 1: Them every once in a, while get in the garage and rock. Out thank, You. Rick that's. Awesome that's. AWESOME i love. THAT i love those kinds of. Stories, Cat you're next up on open. Phones good, Morning good, morning.
Speaker 14: Y'ALL i am pulling.
Speaker 22: In she's, saying not only are you guys the best radio, station thank, you but we are on the way to a wedding, today two girls that are married.
Speaker 1: Today who's? Okay, well by these phones are rough on me, today, guys and phones. Are it's Not chilly's. Fault it's just this crappy studio that we have. Here where are where's the wedding?
Speaker 8: At?
Speaker 14: Uh it's gonna be right outside Of.
Speaker 1: Beaumont, Okay so you're heading there?
Speaker 5: Now are?
Speaker 1: They are they cheaping out on this. Wedding they're doing it On friday because it's a little.
Speaker 14: Cheaper, well the original plan was actually On, saturday but unfortunately a lot of the dates were already sold and we've been planning for over a year.
Speaker 1: Now so it Was. Friday you got way better. Weather Today tomorrow weather is going to. Suck so you guys look like geniuses right now for this. Wedding, yes, okay and MAYBE i missed the part about who's getting, Married.
Speaker 14: Kat so it's two of my best, girlfriends been together for ten years and they're finally getting hitched. Today it's two girls they're about to that they've been sweethearts since high.
Speaker 1: School that's so. Awesome how many people you think are going to be at the?
Speaker 22: Wedding we're counting on about one twenty so nothing.
Speaker 14: Too, crazy hopefully not nothing too, crowded, exactly a beautiful venue and.
Speaker 1: Everything good, Party, kat have a good.
Speaker 3: Time appreciate.
Speaker 1: It, THANKS i really appreciate. You and save. Travels all, right let's Get jake on And i'm gonna have to wrap this.
Speaker 15: Up Hey, jake Brother, rod what's going?
Speaker 19: On man?
Speaker 8: Up?
Speaker 1: DUDE i think you might have a last call here on open. Phones you're on the. Air what do you got that would be?
Speaker 5: Sweet?
Speaker 15: SO i called you about a month ago maybe and pitched the top gun.
Speaker 12: Game you remember THAT i.
Speaker 1: Do are you like a video game?
Speaker 15: Developer, no we remember remember The Falla La La la game?
Speaker 1: Game, yes you wanted us to play a game on THE airp gun? Game, yeah so it was it was it the danger?
Speaker 12: Zone, yeah danger.
Speaker 21: Zone so the whoever's driving up has to you, know SAY i take a ride to the the employee.
Speaker 1: Has a danger zone and that can.
Speaker 7: Win you know WHAT i?
Speaker 12: Mean AND i mean in honor of THE x.
Speaker 1: Man, OKAY i don't. KNOW i thought it was more of A i didn't know if we were going Like Chris isaac on this because, nobody because you, know we don't know the no no, no, no no no no, No LIKE i, THOUGHT i can't remember what we were talking. About but you want to do?
Speaker 19: It no, no no, no.
Speaker 3: All right, now.
Speaker 1: So you want to do? It you want to do it through a drive? Through?
Speaker 5: YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Love us for. That, okay it might be really. Good it might be really. Good thank, You. JAKE i appreciate, it.
Speaker 23: All, Right thank you everybody that got through on open Phones.
Speaker 1: Friday that's. FUNNY i do have tickets for. You. Alex you're gonna have to shift gears, here get a question ready to go Because chili Put Gaslight anthem And County crows Tickets Good show for their show In july thirty, first That's Smart Financial center At Sugar light and you AND i were listening to some Gas Light anthem, yesterday so we got these tickets for. You alex is gonna ask a question about something that was said on the show today and if you know, it then we'll reward you and then we'll send you guys packing for the. Weekend Houston's, Rock Houston's Alternative All, day And the Rod Ryan Morning show ninety four Five The, Buzz Good, morning Rod Ryan's. Show let's do this all, right it's nine to, Fifty, alex it's your time to, shine. BABY i got two.
Speaker 3: Questions what you pick?
Speaker 1: One you have two, questions pick?
Speaker 3: One which one.
Speaker 1: Your left? Hand all?
Speaker 4: Right what movie do we talk about this? Morning it's getting a reboot With Liam.
Speaker 1: Neeson seven one. Three what's the other question?
Speaker 3: Is what did an assa employee confirm mass space space?
Speaker 1: Tuggies, yep, yeah damn. IT i should have gone with the space. Tuggies this is the? Movie all? Right what's the movie that's getting a? Reboot we've got the one minute what is?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 1: Teaser trailer up this. Morning seven.
Speaker 5: If you know the, Show Hey alexa play ninety four point.
Speaker 1: Five The buzz On iHeartRadio ninety four, Five the Bus station From iHeart, Radio.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rocking alternative.
Speaker 1: Ninety four, Five The. Buzz thank, you miss so nice to know. You, Guys thank, you thank you so much for hanging out with us this week, today for any amount of time that you spent with, us it's it's greatly. Appreciated we can't do much about this. Weather today's. Okay ten percent chance of. Rain claudi's, guys eighty seven will be the high. Today tomorrow. Wet. Okay we had a birthday gallon during open. Phone she, Said i'm going to The gallery Of. Mall Kelly. Inn she's going to The gallery Of. Mall she's, Like, Okay i'm just gonna go to the gallery In mall and buy myself a bunch of stuff for my. Birthday go, Off. Queen ninety percent chance of thunderstorms, Tomorrow hi have seventy eight and then ten percent chance of rain morning, clouds afternoon. Sun high of fifty eight On. Sunday you hurt. Me high have fifty eight On. Sunday come, on Please now time For know The show on ninety four to Five the.
Speaker 5: Buzz La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 19: La la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La good, Morning Rob Ryan, show looking For. James how you, doing Brother? Rod so? Up this Is james, right absolutely all, right welcome To know The. Show let's get, in let's get, out, bro and then we're gonna turn. You uh we turn everybody loose for the. Weekend, alex nice little lay, up easy, Question, YEAH i think, so go, ahead Which, james what movie do we talk about this?
Speaker 3: Morning it's getting a reboot With Liam. Neeson that would Be The Naked. Gun thenked, guy.
Speaker 1: You grew up watching these? Movies?
Speaker 3: James oh, YEAH i saw the first, one two and a half and three and one.
Speaker 1: Third what About? AIRPLANE i didn't know. That it makes sense that the same guy Did airplane And Naked gun back in the. Day did you watch?
Speaker 4: Those?
Speaker 1: Oh? ABSOLUTELY i love that slapstick. Humor yeah, Too, yeah there was a little bit of. Boobies, Congratulations, james you're the. Winner i'm gonna give you tickets to go see Gas, Light anthem And County crows On july. Thirty, first all, right absolutely and quick calling Me. SHIRLY i am, serious and don't call Me. Shirley that's, oh it's so, great all, Right, james way to. Go perfect guy there to wrap up the show. Today, um got any of that cow bell for? ME i could just a little more cow. Bell you're gonna want that cow. BELL i gotta have more. Cowbell THEN i got a. FEVER i me the only, prescription it's more cow. Bell, yeah, Man fay Fay. Day that guy never hits the, post not, once that Sloppy. Friday now of these hit the post, once. Guys that's. It we gotta. Go we gotta. Go WHAT i didn't mention today is there are two golf teams still remaining for The Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf. Open it's This. Wednesday it's like a good news bad news. THING i had one team left for, you and then it looks like The adlers got called into court so they can't. Play so he's, like all, right we already came in as a big. Sponsor just sell my, Team just sell my. Team he was gonna give it to his. Voice he's, like just sell my team and make more money for the. Charity so that's why we get these extra teams last, minute SO i got two teams for the Rod Ryan Shaw Charity Golf ope And chiley if you would change that on the website. Too two teams left so you can still get in and play with us next. Week That's wednesday, already which is gonna be. Awesome that's, it, guys have an awesome. Weekend Old greg continued his winning ways on The fresh out Of madhead To Head we come back with More Old greg Drops Old greg's gonna go for win number three On. MONDAY i don't know as far as like what tickets and stuff like that are planned for next.
Speaker 3: Week but it is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Great it's. Sure, well but it's golf tournament, week so that's always kind of. Fun, monday we're going to Announce Bring On, buzzfests so we're going to start taking applications in your, song your. Videos you're gonna have TO i think you're gonna have to send in a video of you performing. Live but we're gonna let a local band open Up. Buzzfest so that information is coming On, monday SO i know that that's something to look forward. To but, man just have a great. Weekend, everyone have an awesome. Weekend come back to us On, monday stick around Because jeremy's not going. Anywhere jeremy's got the NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock. Hour, Again thank you so much for this.
Speaker 15: Week.
Speaker 1: Everybody, alex you got six, picks had six. Picks apparently you're going to a crawfish. Boil, yeah, well, well, well all, right all right, guys Hemaf, well wasn't that.
Speaker 13: Fun if you missed any of the show, Today all the Good stuff will be. Podcast check it out on the world Famous Ron ryan showpage at the buzz dot.
Speaker 8: Com