Speaker 1: Bibo five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five r C the talk station, Friday eighty vacation. I had no idea what was fine, and neither do ially and a very happy Friday Eve to you, Brian to I'm s right, you're glad to be and glad to see joe'sjrec Orerry belongs and neither of us are going to be here on Monday, parenthetically, Uh Joe, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 1: You're just taking an extra day off? So was the reason?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, A wedding you go to. I forgot sorry about that. It doesn't really matter. Tell the entire world what Joe's doing on Monday. And I also have an event that I'm attending and therefore nobody here normally uh here on Monday. Anyway, that aside, what do we got going on today? Americans for Probably Ferdy Deputy state director Tim Ross joins the program at seven point thirty talking about don In for Donovan and Neil the Southwest of high endorse candidates. We'll talk and we'll do a run through on those. It was good to see Americans for Prosperity representative of at the Northeast Republican Women's event again I was invited to that. It was a wonderful thing to go to that. Nick Noele invited me after I had him on the Morning show on Monday with about his new book, which you can get on the blog page fifty five care sea dot com, where you can also get the podcast for all the conversations we have throughout the week and your iHeartMedia app so you can listen to the program wherever you happen to be on your smart device fifty five care sea dot com. For that eighth five, Todd Moore can be talking about a bourbon tasting opportunity to meet Pete Rose event at eight oh five and the proceeds for that event benefiting the Help Squad, which is a great charity. We've had Help Squad on the program many times and they do wonderful work in the community helping folks out who are in well.
Speaker 1: A bit of need.
Speaker 2: Jay Ratliff, it is Thursday, we get I heard need the aviation expert Jay Rattle of every thirty Every Thursday at eight thirty. Today, serious safety incidents leading the Southwest Airlines additional pilot training. Airlines could face face cash fines for preventable flight delays and nine to eleven memories on things done that day that had never been tried before or since. And then we always close out on hub delays. That is the eight thirty segment with Jay Rattler. I always enjoy talking to Jay, and I hope you enjoy hearing from Jay as I do. I always enjoy hearing from you as well, So feel free to call it was a wonderful thing. You have everybody chime in on the presidential debate yesterday because I was so short on sleep. Yes, I went to bed very early last night and tried to catch up on it. Five p one three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred and eight two three Talking with nine five fifty on AT and T phones one of the things that was kind of focused on during that debate. Oh and it's hilarious. But I know you've my listeners have probably seen it. I know we all noticed during the debate about the fact checking that the moderators did for Donald Trump but stayed away from as far as Kamala Harris is concerned. Depending upon which news source you're looking at, it was either seven times or five times that they fact checked Trump, and it didn't fact check Kamala Harris at all, and then you got headline twenty five lies Kamala Harris told them a debate against Trump. Let us see here another outlet bright part in this particular case, twenty one false claims and hoaxes by Kamala Harris that ABC's debate moderators did not fact check. So depending on where you are, the number varies from time to time in terms of the lies or misstatements that either were or were not fact checked. So a lot of them, and you could go through them independently, but that number is quite the moving target. And I just got to chuckle about that. This more what I do not get a chuckle about. And I alluded to this the other day and I have in the past, because it's a fundamental principle of Marxism that you ruin the middle class. If you have a happy middle class, Marxism doesn't take hold. You have to have an unhappy, unhappy middle class, a dwindling and smaller middle class. It pushes folks over onto the government reliance side of the equation. That's the point government control. That really is all Marxism is about. I mean, I understand theory of Marxism, from each according to his ability, to each according to his need, and you know, there's no government really everybody shares equally, which is a bunch of crap. Someone's got to have an organized system in place, and those are the ones who become the lords and masters the wealthy. Look at any prior Marxist system or purportedly Marxist system. There are leaders, and they live lavishly, and they spend lavishly, and they somehow manage to do a hell of a lot better than the general population. Look at North Korea, for example. I won't call it necessarily Marxism, but you've got a leader who eats a lot and lives in grand palatial estates while the population literally starves to death when you go to a man's plaining the explanation of the realities, but that's historically the reality of it. All the people suffer collectively, while the lords and masters in this so called you know, from each courti's ability to each courty's need regime, do not struggle and do not starve. They live like kings. It's more like a feudal system, although there were layers in the feudal system. But back to the middle class, how in America do you end up choking off and making miserable and unhappy the middle class. Well, we're living in right now inflation and it just chips away little by little your disposable income. It chips away little by little what you have left over at the end of the day that would allow you to dare I use the word consume, and we all know the left hate consumption. I think that's what this whole you know, green crap that we're being sold is all about reduce consumption. And big on everybody's problematic list is the rate of inflation and the cost of just merely living.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We have a reduced level of inflation so far, it's down to two point five percent as of August twenty twenty August of this year, but we have all have stretched budget compared with four years ago. Are you better off now or were you are off four years ago? Overall prices are up about twenty one percent. Joe, Have you gotten a twenty one percent raise since twenty twenty?
Speaker 4: Now? Right?
Speaker 1: I know me?
Speaker 2: Neither AA's Fox News did the breakdown on Fox Business food and grocery prices. It's just broken down in our categories. Food and grocery prices have arisen twenty two point eight percent in the last four years. Meat prices up twenty two point six, egg prices up sixty point seven percent, in part because you know, not just inflationary raality's brought about by the Biden administrations over spending and infusing trillions of dollars into the economy. But yeah, the av and influenza impacted production as well as rising costs for feed, energy, and labor, which feed, energy and labor all driven in law large part by regulatory realities in the green pursuit and zero emissions and all that they don't have to go up energy costs, but they have. What else other food categories have see more modest price growth? Oh, darry only up sixteen percent, fruits and vegetables only up thirteen point eight percent, The cost of shelter up twenty three point four percent since August of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: That includes rent.
Speaker 2: Energy costs, going back to energy broken down as a specific category. You and I are all feeling that I've seen my bill go up dramatically. I'm not using that much more power, least I don't think I am. My bill has certainly gone through the blanket roof. Energy costs have increased forty two point four percent over the past four years. For those who rely on fuel oil, sorry, I have to observe and just put it stark terms. Sucks to be you. Fuel oil up seventy point three percent. Good luck keeping your homewarm this winter. New vehicle prices up nineteen and a half percent. Use cars and trucks up seventeen point nine percent. Auto insurance guard your loins, Folks in Springfield apparently dealing with this Mike DeWine sending some police officers to teach people how to drive. I'll get to that in a moment. Up in Springfield, auto insurance prices have jumped fifty two point four percent since twenty twenty. Overall price increases for gasoline up fifty two point nine percent over the past four years. Again, step back, has your salary gone up even close to that amount?
Speaker 1: Healthcare?
Speaker 2: Actually, healthcare costs a lot slower increases. I was shocked to see the only up seven point four percent since August to twenty twenty, although, however, prices for hospital services are up seventeen point eight percent. And then, finally, in the area of education, apparently tuition fees for various levels of schooling up seven point nine percent compared to four years ago. And speaking of iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratlu, who joins a program at eight thirty, Airline fares are jumped twenty one point seven percent since August of twenty twenty. So across the board, everything is that we really need. You know, some of these kinds, Well, I just won't buy eggs because they're up sixty percent. Fine, save yourself a few bucks going to Kroger. But everything else around you is up twenty plus percent. At least obviously you have a reduced ability. There's nothing left over by way of cushion. The smile on your face that comes from having extra disposable income, the joy the middle class can have as a result of having some left over income reduced substantially, and much of it is unnecessary. I go back to the outrageous increase in energy cost. Do you really believe that the cost of energy has jumped that much just on a regular economic analysis, a normal economic analysis, laws of supply and demand. Yeah, it's been influenced by regulation. When you tell people you can't do something, when you force people to do something they otherwise wouldn't do. When you have to create an industry not driven by what you and I want, but driven by the lie that somehow our mere existence is killing the planet, you force people into this realm that they wouldn't buy choice go to. And that is like the again green energy seas of windmills and seas and farms filled with solar panels, all of which none of us would have asked for. Because you know what, give me a damn nuclear plant. It's gonna produce far more energy than the entire world full of windmills and solar panels. We can't have that. Why regulations. We can't have an efficient producer of energy because regulation, regulation driven by climate change. Someday, just sit down and think to yourself, if you took climate change out of the general discussion, what an amazingly different world and what amazingly different place we would be in right now In so far as like inflation, for example, you wouldn't have to pay four and a half dollars a gallon for a gallon of gasoline. It'd probably be like a buck twenty five or something. If you take climate change out of the equation. Just try to keep that in the back of your mind when you're listening to any conversation you listen any you know, talking head politician, someone who's pushing forward some sort of agenda, does it include some connection with climate change? In most cases anymore, it does. And that one concept that somehow you and I are can effectively alter the direction of the temperature when the sun drives it. Largely the ebbs and flows of of of temperatures over the course of millennia demonstrate that it happens all the time. It gets colder, it gets warmer. It is a gradually changing thing over time that has no connection with humanity. That's going to happen anyway. But they've sold you this lie that somehow, by passing a lit or a bill that forces you into an electric vehicle in the name of climate change. And when you look behind the veneer of even that preposterous suggestion that somehow, by driving an electric vehicle you're going to save the planet, when you look what went into building that electric vehicle, Ah, it's insanity. The economic or the environmental damage done by what goes into the electric vehicle sort of literally offsets any benefit you get from not having carbon dioxide or monoxide coming out of the tailpipe. I mean, the whole thing is preposterous. It's insane, but you know, it's quite revealing when you see the impact that just climate change has had, or the concept of it has had on what we have to pay to heat and air condition our home or drive around. And it goes way beyond that five nineteen, coming up a five twenty. Sorry for rambling. Foreign Exchange. Speaking of automobiles, I drive an internal combustion engine car and from time to time I need my oil change, and I got a foreign exchange where I save two hundred dollars. Bottom line is the bottom line, and that's what it's all about. A foreign exchange. Awesome mechanics and great people they are too. Austin and this team of ASSI certified Master technicians are going to take great care of you. Austin and his team at the Westchester location to Foreign Exchange is one. I'm recommending Tyersville Road exit off seventy five, head east two streets and you are there, hanging right on Kingland Drive and you'll see it right in front of your face. That's the team at Foreign Exchange and the really it is saving you money, and the cost of repairing automobiles has gone up, speaking of inflationary realities, just like everything else. So why not keep some of that money in your pocket. Don't take it to the dealer. Get on into foreign exchange. Learn more, go online to foreign X four in the letter X dot com the number for the Westchester location, and please give them my regards if you don't mind. Five to one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and Heart radio station.
Speaker 2: Talkstation two to three Talk five to fifty on AT and T phones in the many remaining minute of the segments since it went really long, babbling in the last one. Uh, California speaking of gasoline, let us see here. In an effort to resolve their states serious energy challenges, Governor Gavin knew Some called for a special session over the weekend after the Assembly rebuffed his efforts to pass an energy package. California governor is planning to propose legislation requiring oil companies in California to amass stockpiles of gasoline and other evil petroleum fuels to prevent supply shortages. And price bikes during refinery outages. They say such reserves would shield Californians to already pay some of the highest pump prices in the nation. Why, going back to the economic reality, you know how damn expensive it is in California, it's because of all the regulations and the taxes. If they weren't such a heavily regulated state and their taxes weren't so high, people in California woul't have to pay six dollars a gallon.
Speaker 1: Duh.
Speaker 2: It's human intervention into market forces that have caused that. Anyway, they got higher gas prices, and so they are forcing or want to force Chevron among others, to amass stockpiles of gasoline, which I suppose during election years, and I'm just I'm just speculating on this, the governors in the Democratic state, in an effort to get re elected, will merely tap into these sources to lower the price of gasoline in advance of elections to make it look better. Taking a page out of Joe Biden's book, which is to tap into the strategic Petroleum oil reserve in order to lower gasoline prices before the election shows up five twenty five fifty five KC detalk station, Lean Arrow lean Aarrow Business consultants are great people to get in touch with. You're a business owner, you're responsible for a business. You know you have challenges. Every business has challenges. You know supply chain, you've got competition, you've got employee retention issues, quality issues. Sometimes you feel like it's a chaotic situation. Lean Errow Business consultants to spend decades working in Fortune five hundred companies, honing their skills and learning where to find the defects in your business plan. Their expertise reaches across all functions of all businesses strategy, quality, sales, manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, facility, consolidation. What they do is a deep dive into your business model and figure out where the challenges are, where the problems are, and come up with a better path. And right now, they are offering a complementary business evaluation if you're a qualified business and to find out if you're qualified, there's a form you can fill out on the website where you can learn more about what lean Errow can do for your company. Just go to leanerolc dot com, fill out that form and see if you qualify and start realizing your business's potential today.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC one.
Speaker 2: Three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk found, five fifty on AT and T phones, and fifty five kose dot com for the podcast page. Check it all out right there. Let us see you got local stories to dive on into and other stuff related to this climate. So I don't know, I got off to the climate change tangent. The powers out all over Los Angeles from time to time for a variety that's exactly the same reason. Oh and the other thing is I can throw it in since again I was talking about climate change and the insanity around it. They're cutting down thousands of Joshua trees in the Mohave Desert. Joshua trees, which are considered, you know, an endangered species.
Speaker 1: Basically they're protected.
Speaker 2: And yet because they want to build a solar panel farm in the Mohave Desert, it's okay to cut down thousands of these Joshua trees. And there's a big, you know, protest thing going on about it. Twenty three hundred acre government approved planned to produce clean energy with solar panels, and in order to do that, you got to cut down all these Joshua trees. Does this make any damn sense to anyone?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: A school bus driver and an aid for bright local schools have been charging connection with abuse allegations against Joe. We may have an award to give out here in the local stories against special needs students. Roy Hansford, a bus aid, charged with assaultant and endangering children. Bus driver Marilynd Gross charged with complicity. According to the court documents, Hillsboro police officer took a report of four functionally impaired students being physically abused in August. An investigation by the Highland County Sheriffs Office reported that Hansford was recorded by an aid threatening to hit students with a flyswatter. The aid and training also recorded him stating that he used the fly swatter on two special needs boys because quote, I don't feel like they can tell on me close quote court to the court arguments, these two boys are nonverbal. Four boys rode on the bus to wide Oat. Two other students attended Hillsboro High School. Detective spoke to one of the victims who said Hansford hid him and other students with the fly swatter, and grossnew of the abuse court Dogumans say the school superintendent found the.
Speaker 1: Fly swatter on the bus.
Speaker 2: Bright Local Schools provided a statement of Fox nineteen Thank you Fox nineteen's Courtney King for reporting the district is where the incident involving one of our substitute transports staff transportation staff and at this time an active law enforcement investigation. We were unable to provide further information. At this time, Pride Local Schools has taken appropriate action and our primary concern remained for the safety and well being of our students, staff in community. You know, I've read so many statements like that, it's almost like you memorize them. After any incident happens, send it over to legal, prepare a statement, and basically say the same thing they always say, We're sorry. All these students are important to us, and an investigation is going. Let's see here, don't do this. There you go by forty coming up at five forty one at the draftcar se decalk station.
Speaker 1: That is stupid. Otherwise you can feel free to call talk to you.
Speaker 2: If I went three seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on eight and ten phones and into this deck. I stupid, we go got A California mother allegedly passed out drunk in her car while her three year old daughter died in the backseat in one hundred and four degree temperatures. Sandra Hernandez, forty two years old, had several bottles of alcohol in her Ford expedition when a relative found her and her daughter inside it last Friday's scorching weather and Anaheim. Both rushed to a nearby hospital, where hernandez daughter Ili Ruiz, was pronounced dead from heatstroke. Mom previously lost two sons, five and nine when a drunk driver plowed into her tent on a camping trip. Was passed out inside the suv with the bloody flo whole content nearly four times the legal leomen. According to local news, authorities do not suspect I know, do not suspect it was an attempted murdered suicide. Charged mom with involuntary manslaughter and childigg now facing up the twelve years in prison of convicted on all charges. The father of the grieving father, that's how he's described. Juan Ruiz, speaking with News, said his estranged wife turned to drinking while suffering from depression. That's a sad thing, said, I told her family that she needed help, but nobody listened to me. He said, in my heart, it was not done intentionally, but it doesn't change the fact that she did it.
Speaker 1: This is my only girl.
Speaker 2: I never expected to have a girl, said, I named her Ali, which stands for I Love you il Y. Currently being held on one hundred and fifty thousand dollars bond. Go to Chesterfield, Virginia. I got a lesson to learn here. A loaded gun stored in the oven. Yeah, you know what's coming, fired off five rounds after getting over heated. According to authorities, Chesterfield firefighters do I know, because they're idiots. What the hell? Chesterfield firefighters responded to call regarding a fire. When they got there, they opened the oven, found a gun inside. Fisial said someone to turn the oven on while it was in there. The gun overheated, five rounds went off. Please do not store guns or anything else in your oven, the statement said. Fortunately nobody was hurt. The official said, keep them somewhere secure, like a gun safe. Now there's an option, Yeah, let's let this guy share in the Biggest Douche of the Universe awardare Joe strecker. Police have arrested a volunteer firefighter for allegedly starting deadly forest fires in Chili. L E s Antonio Salazar, thirty nine, accused of deliberately starting blazes because he wanted to be a hero. Killed one hundred and thirty seven people, destroyed two thousand holmes triggered an official state of catastrophe around the central beast reort resort of Vignyad de la Mar Back in February, Salzar third person to be arrested in connection with the fires, which prompted the Chilean present to declare all Chili is suffering and crying for its dead. Two other suspects who've been in custody since May, Francisco Ignacio Mondaka, and another volunteer fireman, Franco Pinto, apparently worked for the National Forest Agency there. Pento accused of being the instigator because he wanted to earn overtime. The three alleged to have co coordinated throwing Litz cigarettes from their cars onto bone dry vegetation at least three different spots. They hatched a plot at the height of the southern summer amid record heat waves. Scientists blamed the high temperatures on El Nino, and of course climate change. Following his arrest, Salzar fired from his job. Of course, National Disaster Prevention Response Agency kicked him out. Senor Detectives, being a journalist, said the Salazar's main motivation was that he liked to, in their words, participate and be a hero, helping out once the emergencies were happening. Jeezu Loiz, Well, that's why it's in the stack of stupid, right, OHC. I know cancer sucks. Everybody knows cancer sucks. At least we have a point of something we can all agree on. And I do recall the day I got the cancer diagnosis. It's not a great day in your life. If you've been down that road, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I'm thankful to have a friend like Joni who referred me to OGC, because those are my doctors and I have been treated by OHC. And if I make it to November without anything showing up on my scan, that's going to be four years of being cancer free. Thank you OHC for doing what they'll do for you, which is surround you with everything you need to help beat cancer. A focus on your individual treatment of the latest and leading edge treatments and clinical trials. They've been at this for more than thirty five years. They're always engaged in bringing innovative treatment options to the patients. And I'm glad I turned to OHC and you will be too, or turn to them to get a second opinion either way. The number is eight eight eight six four nine forty eight hundred eight eight eight six four nine forty eight hundred. Learn more online, it's ohcare.
Speaker 5: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: For the weather, we have a sunny day early today, cloud to show up sometime later in the day. It's going to be a high of eighty five down to sixty three every night with a few showers possible, chance of showers tomorrow mostly cloudy.
Speaker 1: Sky's eighty two.
Speaker 2: Overnight low is sixty four with more showers possible, and a partly sunny Saturday with a high of eighty five fifty eight degrees. Right now, it's about krsty Falk station time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCL Tramfhic Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction Sciences can help call five one three five, eighty five, eighty two two seven. Frying on the highways to start off your Thursday morning sathbound seventy five doing fine, passed Union Center. That good traffic continues right on down to the lateral inbound seventy fourth. Thought a problem at all past Montana chuck Ingramont fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 2: By fifty fifty five KRCD talk station Friday, EU team returning.
Speaker 1: To the stack is stupid.
Speaker 2: Flint, Michigan got a bride and groom from Michigan arrested after police see the groom intentionally hit his groomsman with an SUV after the wedding.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Causing his death? Neck tattoo guy too? On top of it. Flint police Defarman said officers were called reports of a pedestrian injury eight pm Friday. Police showed up found twenty nine year old Terry Lewis Taylor Junior with severe injuries, taken to the hospital where he died. Further investigation from police reveal the Taylor had attended a wedding as a groomsman earlier in the day, and after the wedding he was involved in an argument that allegedly led him to being intentionally hit with an suv driven into high rate of speed the groom. According to police, twenty two year old Jeames Shira was driving the suv, charged with second degree murder being held without bond. His wife, twenty one year old Savannah Collier, charged with accessory after the fact, which is a fellow in her bond, said at four grand you know what really bothers me about that, Joe, you asked the question in my language in the SoundBite, why are you doing that? That It wasn't reported the why we got, the when, the where, and the how. Sadly, the reporting didn't include the why. Newton, Georgia, a pair of Georgia parents outrage after their six year old daughter walked around her school for several hours wearing only T shirt and an underwear and underwear. Alvasha Daniels said she sent her six year old daughter Ali out to school fully clothed, but when she got home, she wasn't wearing her shorts. Said she was mad, but more shocked than anything. After calling the school, said they learned their daughter was walking around the school dressed only in the T shirt and underwear from noon until three pm. Dad said, how can you look over my six year old daughter in just a T shirt and panties, socks and shoes for three hours? Legitimate question. School principal said the whole situation was an accident and said we heard We've.
Speaker 1: Never had this happen before.
Speaker 2: That day, the school hosted a chalk party where students clothes got dirty. All these parents were asked to bring her a shirt change into Ali said she forgot to put her shorts back on when she was told to change. Teacher apparently didn't realize she was She didn't have anything on. Her shirt was long, going almost to her knees, according to the principal, and she was not fully exposed or anything like that. Throughout the day what happened. They have looked at school cameras to make sure nothing happened to Aliowah, she didn't have any pants on. In Loco Pere, tow truck driver in San Antonio under investigation after towing a car with a five year old girl inside. Please said the car was legally towed from a private parking lot, but it is illegal to tow a car with someone inside. Described as a scary situation for the San Antonio mother when in only five minutes her daughter was gone in a towed vehicle only because of a good smart and she was found a mere three miles away in the towyard, crying and screaming. According to a person named gil Gilbert Ramirez said he was finished doing his laundry when he noticed a screaming pregnant mom in the property of the apartment complex. I said, well, what's wrong, man, She said, my baby. Dolores Buiso said she helplessly watches her car was being towed away with her five year old inside, tried flagging down the tow truck driver.
Speaker 1: By then it was too late.
Speaker 2: Somebody who also lives in the apartment complex said she was gone five minut that's or less to see if a family member was home. Cars, hazard lights and air conditioning were on when she left the car with the five year old inside. Wow. Talking about an over zealous tow truck company. Right there, we got a bat. In Luis, Louisiana, a mom of a student got into a fight with other students after being let into the school through the side door. According to witnesses at the school, the fight took place at Idea Bridge and Baton Rouge, Louisiana at seven o'clock in the morning. Baton Rou's police department responded to the incident instead of still investigating and charges her pending. Corporal Saundra Watts with the police department, it confirmed that a mom was on campus and was let through the side door in the school's gymnasium, and that mom participated in a fight. A student, Jennick Brown, said she was defending herself against another student, his sister, and his mom said she's threatening her and saying, oh, let's go outside and fight. Come on, we're gonna fight. Stuff like that, you know, just threatening her and then everything just starts popping off and I got hit.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Joe Jenique's mother, Yeshika Brown, said she was worried for her children's safety at the school. Of course, Local News reached out to the public school and ask what security measures were in place and if there was any security guard or staff member responsible for supervising this student. Janik said there was no one in the room to stop what happened. On the school's website, the district ensures all campuses are closed, meaning visitors can only enter through the front door. But I'm going again let her in through the side door that never have happened, and she hopes to see drastic changes to the security and safety at the school. Five and the why isn't there either, Joe? Why was she beating up students? And would anyone with a measure of sanity enter his school and start beating up children? I would think, no, stick around. We' got a lot more talk about in six o'clock. I would love to hear from. If you've got something you want to talk about, feel free to call. I'll be back after the news.
Speaker 7: Thankan shrumps wack thing.
Speaker 6: Change your cards the twenty twenty four election, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: This is gone on fifty five KRC the talk station. Are you dreaming of a smile? That is his?
Speaker 2: Orberft five KRC dot com, Get your Heart mediapp why over there and listened to the podcast My Conversations with Congressman Thomas Massey and Judgenna Paul Tunnel from yesterday. Massey outlined a great strategy for that continuing resolutions to a one year cr and we'll have an automatic one percent cut come April. That's a great idea that would reduce our station spending, which is parenthetically outrageous. Anyway, It's been delayed though, but not for that particular reason. At least, it hasn't been widely reported that Republicans woke up and thought, Hm, conresson MESSI has an excellent idea. Anyway, we'll see if we don't have a government sh down in our hands in advance of the election, and what else might happen in advance of the election. Yeah, I'm you know, they always call it the October surprise. But we have such so many nefarious actors in this world these days, and that, you know, you kind of worry about something really pretty terrible happening. One of the things that could happen cyber attacks on our power system. And there's a report here about the number of cyber attacks on US utilities just blew through the roof, up seventy percent this year. US utilities facing ears seventy percent jump in cyber attacks. That's reported here Reuter's reporting on this one compared to last year over the same period of time. According to data from Checkpoint Research, utilities and power infrastructure across the United States are increasingly vulnerable because of grid expansion and rapid expansion to meet the surging power demand. Going back to my comments about global warming and oh my god, we.
Speaker 1: Need more power, more power.
Speaker 2: Not more power from windmills and solar powals, damn it, more power from small, highly high electricity producers. Please dear God, give us nuclear plants, modular nuclear plants. Moving away from that, they say utilities are now low hanging fruit for cyber attacks because many of the utility companies use outdated software. Would they please call up Dave Hatter from interest it and get them on the job or someone who knows something about cyber attacks. So far, none of them have crippled any US utility, but industry experts, according to Rutters reporting warning a coordinated attempt could be devastating. And what's on my mind as I pause about coordinated attempts, I've got a lot of details on it. The southern border immediately comes to mind because of the number of illegal immigrants coming across, many of them are already on a terror watch list. And the expansion of this one Venezuelan gang trendyar Agua, the one that's taken over all these migrant centers, the one who are now well organized.
Speaker 1: They expanded into the United.
Speaker 2: States over a mere four year period, now representing one of the bigger gang threats in the United States. Why open borders.
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: These guys are interested in trafficking and human beings and drugs fentanyl. They're gang members what somebody called them, uh trying to figure the source for that. One federal official pointed it out and called them MS thirteen on steroids. You may be familiar with MS thirteen one. That's been a gang that's been around, well organized, well established. These guys are worse. But I point to that gang, and I wouldn't necessarily immediately think that this particular gang or any of these other drug related human trafficking high criminal enterprises would be interested in shutting down our country through a cyber attack. But when you see the words coordinated attempt, and the and energy officials are worried about it, and experts in cyber are worried about it because of all the holes they find in our utility system, the Internet of Things related connections, which are a real, real, real problem in terms of cybersecurity, as Day points out all the time, and these officials in this most recent warning pointed out as well that we have terrible human beings in the world that do want to harm us and hurt us. Pick an enemy of the United States as we traditionally define them, North Koreans, Russians, the Chinese Communist Party, you know, engaged in hacking efforts twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. Hell, the US officials found planet software within some of these very critical infrastructure companies, and that had been in there for a long time. And oh lo and behold, look what's here just waiting to be triggered by some foreign actor when they deem it an appropriate time. Maybe it's the day they launch a war. I don't know. But if they were to get in there and plant something and we found that, what about all the stuff we haven't found? You think we'd wake up to the reality of the other problems and moving away from a cyber attack on a US utility company coordinator otherwise nefarious actors aside? What of all of the because those can be done remote control from afar, Right, you don't have to be physically present in the United States to launch one of these cyber attacks. But what about all the people who are physically present, moving and focusing on specifically our electric power generation. It has been demonstrated and has been documented that it doesn't take a whole lot to shut down any grid because you can take a gun or a bomb or basically it's simple just shoot it at one of those transformer stations. I know that that is boiling it down to its most basic realities. But if you have eggon or if you have something and you can get access to one of those stations which we all see and you know, around any given neighborhood, it doesn't take much to blow it up. And speaking of coordinated attacks, you get a bunch of people, like all the people they lit in from the terror watch list. Biden Harris administration released, accord to the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and Integrity, Security and Enforcement, that since the beginning in twenty twenty one, Biden Harris administration released at least ninety nine illegal aliens who are on the terror watch list. They're now residing in the United States of America. But you know that's just nine of like twenty million who are among the twenty million? Are they do they embrace the United States of America? Are they here for positive? You know, I want to get a job, I want to participate or are they here? Maybe among the thirty three thousand, I'm sorry, thirty three thousand, three hundred and forty seven Chinese nationals who have come across the border during ready fiscal year twenty twenty four, which I think is up in October one year, thirty three thousand plus Chinese nationals came across the border. Are they here for positive reasons? I don't know how many of those transformer stations are out there, but I imagine if you divide thirty three thousand up and spread them around any given state, any given area, they could probably do some significant harm to your ability to get electricity. You can't get electricity, you can't get water in your home, you can't basically go to the growth. Just imagine your life without electricity in your life, as well as everyone around you in any given neighborhood and city.
Speaker 1: It would just be absolute panic and chaos.
Speaker 2: The Biden Harris administration has facilitated this potential, and I'm just surprised nothing major hasn't happened already. Call me pessimistic, but honestly, I don't really truly believe that the millions of folks who have come across our southern and northern borders over the past several years or at any given time, are all here to do something positive and good for the United States of America. I do believe that there are some in there that want to do bad things to us, and maybe maybe maybe I have a justification of my belief that some of them came here for the purpose of doing us harm. Next, saw the article about this this one gang that has established itself in a mere four years and has now spread across the entire United States of America Venezuela alone, referring to the establishment of this Trey de Aragua gang and how quickly they spread in Venezuela and then branched out to other countries because Venezuela's economy became so crappy under Maduro that they had to move out to continue to make money with their criminal enterprises.
Speaker 1: Accord to Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 2: Reporting, American officials fear the same pattern, this expansion of the gang emerging in the United States, where more than are you ready, seven hundred thousand Venezuelans have settled over the past four years. Here one country in four years, dump seven hundred thousand human beings into the interior of the United States of America. Get your head around that. Look at the city. What's the population of the city of Cincinnajo, like two hundred and fifty thousand, maybe three hundred thousand people generally, not including the you know, surrounding counties. Seven hundred thousand from one country. Oh, and supporting my concern that many of the people who cross the southern border are here to do us absolutely no good, but maybe to engage in criminal enterprises. Look among the seven hundred thousand folks from Venezuela alone, we all have the trend dei Agua gangs settling in all the major cities in the United States of America. Oh, I guess I'm right, Kamala Harris, Joe Biden. Democrats, for whatever reason, they don't concern themselves with you. They are your representative in this republic we find ourselves. They are supposed to be representing the interest of the American people, protecting us, like the military, from threats both foreign and domestic. They are embracing these threats by allowing our southern border to be wide open. They are embracing these threats by allowing ninety nine folks on the Terror Watch list to go free. And those are the ones that the border officials encountered. What of the two million or so known god aways, those are people that had no interaction.
Speaker 1: We have no idea who they are.
Speaker 2: Three seven fifty hundred two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Feel free to give me a call just one of them. Many threats on my stack here, including problems with the US mail as we head into the election.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: First, though, affordable imaging services, you know, for images that are affordable, and I'm talking about CT scans and echo cardiograms, MRIs ultrasounds. You can pay heap loads of money to the hospital imaging department for those, and I mean thousands and thousands of dollars. And I know if you have insurance, you're thinking, well, my insurance company's gonna pay for it. Uh huh, what's your out of pocket liability? What's the percent you have to pay? You know, you got to go through that process. But then even so, you're still talking about CT scan costs him maybe five grand in a hospital with a separate bill for a board certified radiologist.
Speaker 1: When you can get that same CT scan.
Speaker 2: And affordable imaging services for four hundred and fifty bucks. At a contrast, it's six hundred and it comes with the report that you and your doctor will get within forty eight hours, the Board Certified Radiologist Report. You know, I love speaking for Affordable Imaging Services because I mean, it's someone's every time I talk about the difference in price, it's mind boggling. It's an outrage how what hospitals charged in the imaging department. So don't get your mri CT scan, echo cartogram, ultrasound, lung screening, cardiac scoring at the hospital imaging department because you have a choice when it comes to your medical care and ultrasounds only two hundred and fifty dollars for example. At Affordable Imaging Services to learn more about what they can do for you, price, structure, and all that. Affordable Medimaging dot Com. Affordable Medimaging dot com. The number schedule appointment. You have a choice five one three seven five three eight thousand five to one three seventy five three eight thousand fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Man if a redtail is.
Speaker 2: Gone, Uh, here's the nine first one to weather forecast. We have a sunny day early today with about showing up a little bit later high have eighty five, a few showers over night sixty three for the low. We have a chance of showers tomorrow as well, eighty two for the high, with mostly cloudy skies over night sixty.
Speaker 1: Four the few showers, and on.
Speaker 2: Saturday it's going to be a partly sunny day with a high of eighty five.
Speaker 1: Right now fifty degrees fift above krcity talk station. Time for a traffic update from the U S Health Triumphyque Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior.
Speaker 1: From you see Health Addiction.
Speaker 6: Sciences can help call five one three, five, eighty five, eight two two seven. Highways are doing fine this morning. No recks to worry about that, no delays either. Southbound seventy five wide open past the laterals. Seven more minutes puts you through downtown Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty two fifty five kr CD Talk station, are very happy Friday Eve to you. Yeah, Maureene, you're right. I brought this up this morning. We're in something in some message on Facebook. Something major hasn't happened already because they haven't been given a green light. That's my concern. You have set up an infrastructure with massive vulnerabilities. Going back to the SIE, we're attacks on power utility companies. Cyber attacks and utility companies could be devastating to our entire country. The vulnerabilities are built into this system because they use ancient software and they haven't plugged the holes in the system to allow these cyber attacks to even take place in the first instance.
Speaker 1: Drawing a parallel the open border, are.
Speaker 2: The holes in our utility systems, computer infrastructure. You have allowed an influx of vulnerabilities. You have not adequately checked. You can't adequately vetting the mass majority of these people because they have no records in the countries from which they came. I mean, we are unique in the world for the most part, maybe not unique, but rare in the world that we have so much connectivity and so much information about each and every human being. Because we're a wealthy nation, we have a smart device, we're all hooked up to a social security system. They know about all of us through all that information. What of the people who come in from foreign lands where there isn't that infrastructu sure, who is this guy who just came across. Let's get in touch with the country. Hey, we have no idea. Yeah, we don't have records on that, and if we do, we don't know where they are. We wouldn't be able to search them because there are millions of people in our country and we just don't have the resources to keep track of everybody.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sucks to be you.
Speaker 2: You deal with them, and within that network of millions and millions and millions of people, I guarantee you they're nefarious actors. And I go back to the Chinese Communist Party and they obviously have evil intentions toward us. How did thirty three thousand and five hundred of them show up in one fiscal year in our country without the aid of the Chinese Communist Party. They don't have loose travel rules in China. They highly regulate their population beyond anything that we could ever imagine here, Well maybe you can imagine it. We seem to be fast approaching where we are basically mirroring China in terms of our monitoring of people and what they do and what they can say and cannot say. But my only point on that is in the very heavily regulated, very very very totalitarian system that China has. They just don't let you pack your bags and leave. You've got to get approval from higher ups. How did thirty three thousand and five hundred of the billion and a half Chinese military age men end up on our southern border and come into our country? Nothing to see here, right, There was no coordination. This is just it just happens to be that there was that mass amount of people from a country that's thousands of miles away. How do they get to the border with Texas and Mexico?
Speaker 1: Ponder it.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I'll take your call if you don't mind holding over the break there. I just looked up to see you on the line. I love hearing from my listeners and maybe you've got an alternative point of view on this. I only bring up not to frighten or scary, but just to say, you know, there's a point that's to be made here.
Speaker 1: It's protection.
Speaker 2: Who is looking out for the best interests of the American people to the Biden? Does the Biden Harris administration even care? Someone who does care? I to pivot over and talk positively, but yeah, look positive words for Peter Sheba Kellawaiam seven Hills, top real estate agent in the city since he's number one real estate group, guaranteeing you a five star experience. That is a positive experience. You get real value working with the agents at Peter Sheber Kellowilliams seven Hill.
Speaker 9: They do.
Speaker 2: They really are the cream of the crop in the Greater Cincinnati area and they're offering programs that nobody else is offering.
Speaker 1: It's an offer program.
Speaker 2: I love that one because I remember when we sold our house in Chicago. I hate to come back start my new job. My wife was loft up there about three months of solo house, staging a showing and keeping it clean all the time, and you're like, I just wish I want to get out. You can get out less than three weeks from today. You're on with your life because they have an instant offer program. You call them up within forty eight hours of them Senior Property, you're gonna have a cash offer from the SBRI Group making things really really easy. That's just one of any programs they offer. Again, that five star experience is what you're gonna get. To find out more about the team, call or just go to the website which is seven zero eight three thousand dot com the phone number yes five to one three seven zero eight three thousand fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: Wake up with football every morning?
Speaker 10: Shut up your radio. Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 11: How is it possible for ABC to have a debate with two presidential candidates and not ask the one candidate that supports taxpayer funded sex change surgeries for illegal immigrants and convicts to not come up as a big issue. How is it that they never really pushed to get the answered? Do you support any restriction on late term abortion? It didn't get an answer. How does she get away with Donald Trump? Did Halt Tolurr accountable to this? On day one? I'm gonna fight inflation and immigration. Not a single question about raising corporate taxes, wealth taxes, estate taxes, capital gains taxes, unrealized capital gains taxes. All of these issues didn't come up last night. How are the American people served by this division? Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right.
Speaker 12: Here more inflation and recession. Did you know that experts called gold the everything hedge. Gold goes far beyond hedging against inflation or the stock market it can potentially even guard you against these wars in Ukraine in the Middle East, not to mention the great economic danger of a recession coming, which is what we're all worried about. And that's why gold just hit another record high in central banks.
Speaker 13: They just keep buying gold at a record pace.
Speaker 5: It's Linda here.
Speaker 12: Join me in thousands of people who have called gold Coe the number one rate of gold company. It's time you diversify your money with time tested, safe haven assets physical gold and silver.
Speaker 13: Today gold Co is offering our listeners up to eight years in free IRA fees plus up to eight percent and bonus silver with a qualified account called eight five five eight one five gold for free IRA fees, free bonus silver and a free golden silver infocate.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Call eight five five eight one five gold.
Speaker 13: That's eight five five eight one five gold.
Speaker 1: Do it today.
Speaker 5: You can't wait.
Speaker 2: Early sun, clouds later today eighty five for the high. I got a few showers over night down of sixty three, got chance of showers tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies, high of eighty two. Four clouds and a few showers overnight own of sixty four and on Saturday, I'm mostly are partly sunny day rather with a high of eighty five fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's time for traffic update. Do you see health Tramfic Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior.
Speaker 1: Do you see health?
Speaker 6: Addiction sciences can help call five one, three, five, eight, five, eight, two seven seven. Highways in good shape this morning, no delay, says of yet. Westbound two seventy five pasts Loveland heading up the hill to Montgomery inbound seventy four looks good too. Coming down to the hill from North Bend. You can do that at seventy five in less than five minutes. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc HE Talks station sixty one, fifty five KRCD Talk station.
Speaker 2: All right, real quick to my point before I get the pack one moment pack over the break there, I'm just thinking, Okay, I was trying to put in context that you can think about it a little bit closer. Seven hundred thousand then as wells alone have entered our country over the past. You know four years our county no one countary year, the fiscal year I guess it was doesn't matter period in his story seven thousand and one country. You know how many US police office there are over the entire country. There are seven hundred and eight thousand. As of the last county year for which I could find data, it was twenty twenty two, seven hundred and eight thousand law enforcement officers spread across the entire country. And moving over to the United States military compared to seven hundred thousand Venezuelans alone that have ender of the country illegally. We only have one point three million active duty service members across the entire US military, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Base Force, and Coast Guard, and those are spread out over the world right.
Speaker 1: And there are seven.
Speaker 2: Hundred and thirty eight reserve and National Guard members. So the population of Venezuelans alone mirrors that of our entire National Guard service. Just putting some context on and then move away to all the other countries that we've received folks from. Let's get pat. Pat, thank you so much for bearing with me there and holding over the brake.
Speaker 7: Well, good morning, Brian, and uh you never have to apologize for your awakening soliloquy because it allows you to clear your head to prepare yourself for the rest of what you're going to have on your program, which is good. And I cannot compliment you enough for the judge and our good senator yesterday because he's so much the Senator is so much more intelligent than all the rest of people he has to deal with that. It's just it's just frightening to think that we have leaders quote unquote that are blithering morons, but they're doing their operatives of something that we don't understand.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, that's a.
Speaker 7: Sad put it. But again, okay, I'll transition quickly from that to I don't want to take too much of your time, but you know, this blanket climate change is just a charade to allow a lot of distractions and people to, oh, we're worried about climate change, But in the end around, they're trying to take control of our energy, they're trying to take control of our food, they're trying to take control of our ability to travel and enjoy our lives. And then once they tax you enough, you don't have any money to do anything like that anyway, So you know, it's controlling everything.
Speaker 1: You didn't call me looking for an argument. Today at pat.
Speaker 7: And I mean when I list to your program all the time and the people will say, well, why do you listen to that program, Well, the guy has the kahanes to tell the truth, and so many other in any of the other three letter or three letter programs that are institutionalized, they just lie to you. And then watching and listening to Joe Biden and Kamala is painful because Joe can't put words together, and Kamala puts so many words together. She doesn't even know what she's saying. And there's no substance to any of it. And we used to have a term called talking into oblivion. Well she talks to you to oblivion. Eventually you just want relief and you and you say either shut up or okay, okay, okay, And it's a capitulation through my numbing behavior. And it none of it makes any sense. I mean, if you listen to and what and see what they're doing, you know, reducing our ability to generate electricity, making everybody have electric cars that are absolutely fly in the face of ecological anything. Yet we have to resist it. And with the numbers that you gave with a relationship between police and a military versus immigrants. Thank goodness, Americans have firearms, and we better be proficient with them.
Speaker 2: There you go, pat you know, and it's a good point. People like, eh, you and your firearmy. No, But then there's the reality. It's like going back to the early founding days. In our settler days, there was no organized military. There was no sheriff's department, there weren't any police department. You're pretty much left to your own device. This which is why folks formed militias, militias that ultimately fought the Revolutionary War, militias that ultimately fought well, I suppose in the Civil War to a large degree. You know, you had state militias. I'm here from Virginia. I represent the state of Virginia. I'm in a militia from Virginia. God love Virginia, please save the state of Virginia. You know, they may have had their own state in mind, but collectively they were fighting for themselves on behalf of their own best interest. And it's a good damn thing that they had the guns they had, and we'd still be under British rule. This Republican have never been founded. Absent the firearm.
Speaker 7: We have to be able to protect our individual domino or the whole thing falls in. And that's the whole point of self reliance, and that's what is trying to be taken away from us. Self reliance and the ability to make decisions for ourselves. And we have the ability to do that, but these people that want control are so arrogant and honestly, Brian, I've never met very many politicians, a few withstanding, that are smart enough to Uh, there's an old Montana saying of poor yurn out of a boot and if you've never been riding when old or anything like that, or you can't get off your horse, well, you know they don't have enough sense to do that. Yet they want to tell us how to live our lives. And it just drives me not I know it was killing my dad, but you know, this is just an example of when you have arrogance that tries to tell you you're ignorant, and you go along with it. This is what you get.
Speaker 2: Well, great points, pat All, I appreciate it, and I'm glad you enjoy hearing from Congressman Massey and the judge as much as I do, because they do really have a great way of just solidifying important points and pointing out, you know, things that they observe and they know that are you know, either unlawful, unconstitutional, just generally nefarious that are going on behind the scenes. I just try to do my best to let to remind people about that. You know, they're not interested in helping you out. In the final analysis, most of the politicians are only interested in themselves, loognant narcissists, almost every single one of them in it for their own best interest. And just remember that It's something I point out all the time. It's human nature to look out for your own best interests, and politicians are no different. And when they go there, they're still looking out for themselves alone in large part, or you know, trying to pad their own bank account or doing whatever, or are just interested in controlling you for the sake of being able to control you like some puppet. And I find that to be a diagnosable mental illness. Honestly, I don't know where that desire comes from, but it's plain evil. And again I'll go back to the point I made the last hour. You can trace a lot of this control, this power, this insanity directly to this argument that somehow our existence is killing the planet at large. It gives them a wonderful opportunity to micromanage every element well.
Speaker 1: Because you're killing the planet. Dammit.
Speaker 2: Really, if they didn't have that to hang their hat on, can you imagine having more freedoms than liberties we'd have and how much better our economy would be running for six thirty eight fifty five K's detalk station. Maybe you've got a different point of view. I love hearing them say listen to Pat. He made some great, great points, and I know my listeners as capable as I am of making them, so feel free to call.
Speaker 1: In the meantime.
Speaker 2: Another call you can make is Zimmer Zimmer Heating an air Conditioning thse folks are awesome for more than seventy five years their family taking care of your family. You can trust the third generation of experts at Zimmer to take care of all your HVAC needs. They are greater Cincinnati's leader in twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency HVAC service. And when it's hot out and your AC goes out.
Speaker 1: You need that.
Speaker 2: You can count on Zimmer And if they can't fix it, because you know, sometimes the thing goes belly up.
Speaker 1: These are the all appliances.
Speaker 2: Ina air conditioning units have a finite life, stating the obvious. But it's a great time to have to replace the air conditioner if you do, because you can get the cool carrier comfort rebate from Zimmer and save twenty one hundred dollars. I call that a significant amount. So to schedule appointment twenty four to seven to find out more about Zimmer or what they can do for you and your home, head on over to the website go Zimmer dot com. It's go Zimmer dot com fifty five KRC dot com you.
Speaker 1: Nine verse twenty one more casts.
Speaker 2: We have a sunny, early data cloudy day later today at some point clouds roll in eighty five for the high of night low sixty three with a few showers possible uh clouds all day tomorrow, chance of showers eighty two for the high, more clouds overnight and a few showers sixty four for the low eighty five on Saturday, with a partly sunny sky.
Speaker 1: Day fifty eight. Right now it cyper traffic run the UCL Tramffic Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence as a treadable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see howth theddiction sciences can help called five one, three, five, eight, five eighty two twenty seven. Highways are not bad at all so far this morning septhbound seventy five starting to get a little bit heavier through Wachland. Same as true for northbound fourth seventy one coming across the bridge. But neither of those are going to cost you a whole lot of extra time yet.
Speaker 1: Chuck King ramon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: So forty three fift about krcity talk station Abby Thursday. Real quick here, I got Jay in the line five one thirty seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk. But one more fun fact. Let's just look at Springfield, since it's made national news. We find out that fifteen to twenty thousand Haitians alone have descended upon Springfield population about sixty thousand. Adding additionals, let's say fifteen to twenty thousand people, bringing it close to eighty thousand people they have, And I'm looking at Springfield, Ohio dot gov, where it states they have an authorized strength of one hundred and thirty sworn police officers one hundred and thirty spread out over eighty thousand people, so when you call nine one one, you really expect them to be there in a moment's notice. Jay, thank you for holding. Welcome to the Morning show.
Speaker 14: Right, How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine, A little riled up this morning, but.
Speaker 14: You know, yeah, you got me riled up. That whole Springfield thing is just amazing. I grew up in Miamisburg, about the same sized city. I can't imagine having twenty thousand non English speaking strangers dropped into the city overnight. It's just it's overwhelming. No matter what the cultural issues are, it's just just the pure mass.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it chaotic. Where are they sleeping? There's already a homeless issue. I mean, the city manager pointed it out. They're planning on building two thousand new homes over the next one to five years, but two thousand additional homes of the population that already had housing issues. Affordability obviously a problem for everyone in the United States. Where are the twenty thousand new people hanging out and sleeping every day? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 14: It's insane. Hey, I wanted to I wanted to let everybody know a little bit about a Kamala Harris. So I've talked to you before. I'm a refugee from Portland, Oregon, lived out there for twenty years. I've seen this movie.
Speaker 4: I lived it.
Speaker 14: I watched Portland go from kind of a wacky, weird city run by hippies in the state of Oregon pretty much the same to becoming run by totalitarian Marxists. And I'm not exaggerating. They call Portland the People's Republic of Portland for a reason. You had absolutely no rights. You watched every right road over the period of time that I was there, and people would vote the same idiots.
Speaker 15: In year after year after year.
Speaker 4: It was It was shocking.
Speaker 14: And when you look at Kamala Harris's background, she was very clear in twenty nineteen what she stands for. She was raised by two self proclaimed Marxists. She came out with a Marxist doctrine in the twenty nineteen primaries. She was booted immediately from the primaries. And here she is again, and she won't speak her policies out loud because she knows they're so REPREHENDI no one will vote for her, but the fact that she has a D next to her name will probably get her elected.
Speaker 2: And it scares me to death as well it should all of us. Yeah, you're hiding the ball. You won't tell the you won't tell the world what you really believe in, or you're you're trying to dodge away from what you out loud said you believe in a few years ago, which are all terrible realities that the city of Portland has lived through and you've lived through. Yeah, you hide the ball and you rely on an ignorant American public that just thinks they need to vote d just because well, evil Orange man.
Speaker 1: You know, evil Orange man.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's enough to get somebody to vote for their own that's something not in their best interest, correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I was around there for the pre ANTIFO, which is called Occupy Wall Streets people, same craziness. That downtown area was a vibrant it was filled with people, it was clean, it was safe.
Speaker 4: It looked like some.
Speaker 14: Eighties movie where where you know where there's been just a complete riot, Tega.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, post apocalyptic Anomo state down.
Speaker 14: So yeah, it is apocalyptic.
Speaker 15: That's the right word.
Speaker 14: That's coming to the rest of the country.
Speaker 1: We elect this moron.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way this morning, and generally speaking, Jay, thank you so much for the call and your observations. Because you lived it. You're not there anymore. I noticed, Jay, I take care of brother six forty seven ffy five KCY talk station.
Speaker 1: Steve, you're next. You don't mind holding for a moment.
Speaker 2: I want to mention USA Premium foam because it's the best insulation on the market. You can spray the exterior walls of your home either have little insulation in them, or you could be adequately insulated. Newer homes are USA would not put their foam into an adequately insulated home. That's why an inspection is important. If you have an older home like my daughter, late seventies built, it had R twelve and it that our twelve deteriorates over the decades, so you don't even have that our value where the phone goes in with the old insulation and increasing significantly your energy saving ability and the comfort of your home. If you have a home built before the mid seventies, no insulation in that space in the exterior walls, fill it with the highest R value phone on the market. USA until the twenty second of September will give you a free attic insulation, so act before then. If you schedule the appointment, you get the attic insulation. The inspection is free, the quote is free. So call them up at five one three three eight one three sixty two six five one three three eight one phone. To learn more about the product and how it works. Go to the website USA Insulation dot net. Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 12: I never.
Speaker 1: Seven oh five. It's a five KRCU talk station.
Speaker 2: Try to make it a happy Friday even you can do free to call five went three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred two three talk real quickly before I get to Jay's on the line. Got Americans for Prosperity WTY State director Tim Ross filling in for Donald and Neil this morning. We're talking about the Southwest Ohio endorsed candidates. Fast forward an hour from now, Todd Moore, there's a bourbon tasting event. Proceeds benefit to help Squad, an outstanding charity, and apparently this bourbon tasting event also includes an opportunity if you are so inclined or to have a desire, to meet Pete Rose.
Speaker 1: That's part of the.
Speaker 2: Details we'll learn about coming up in an hour, followed by, of course, Thursday means Jay Rattliff, I heard mee the aviation expert. At eight thirty, we got some safety incidents on regarding Southwest which is going to require some pilot training. Airlines could face cash fines for flight delays, nine to eleven memories on things done that day that had never been tried before or since. And finally we always conclude with hub delays. That's at eight thirty. In the meantime, we go to the phones. Jay, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian Hey one ed two. Remind the listeners if we go back in time, I'm just a little bit. And if you get on Ohio checkbook dot gov oh which you tuned me in on. By the way, thanks for Josh Mendel to set that up, we're going to see Ohio budgets one hundred and thirty one billion dollars a year and about twenty five to twenty seven billion, I believe is to run the government. Now we have the governor, we have eighty percent of the state senators are Republican, and about seventy percent of the House is Republican. And this whole immigration thing needs to be laid at the feet of the Republican Party partially. Now, I'm going to give the you know, the federal the Fed's they're due, even that southern border wide open. But in twenty nineteen, Donald Trump had an executive order that says we're going to allow the states to make the decision if they want to opt out of immigration. I sent the article to Jay Strecker, I think it's in his inbox from the Columbus Dispatch. Thirty states. Now you think about that, there's four teen blue states, so the remainder are read thirty states. Including Mike DeWine told Trump, thanks, no thanks, We're going to take as many immigrants as we can because we've got a great system that can control all of this. We have a rich heritage that can control and to do this. So no, thanks, Trump, We're going to take the immigrants. I don't hear the wine bringing that up, and I don't hear anybody talking about it's easy to throw it at the Democrats. We are a red state, people, so it's time to call your Senate. Otherwise, why do we need an Ohio government? Maybe we just shut it down and save the twenty five billion, which is the number two line on them, behind Medicare, Medicaid and the Ohio budget. What do we need all these Republicans? What do we even even need a state government for? If all we're going to do is point to Washington, DC and call MAJORCIS and go on bended knee and ask him to please if he could do something for us peasants, we would really appreciate it. If you get in front of this immigrant crisis. What do we need all these senators and representatives for, or a governor for that matter.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny, Jay, you're some of the comments you're bringing up, and of course the Mike de Wine welcoming this reality that we're witnessing, most notably in Springfield of late. But it was the subject of so many conversations I had mentioned several times this week. I was I had the benefit of going to the Northeast Women's Republican Club meeting on Tuesday. That's what people were talking about, Columbus being so damn corrupt and dysfunctional compared to even d C. I heard one person, one woman said, you know, it's actually Columbus is worse than Washington d C. In terms of its dysfunction, and everyone was just just beside themselves with anger over the situation in Columbus. One hundred percent basically Republican control. They could do whatever they want by way of passing legislation. You would expect, given that they are identify self identified Republicans, that we would see some reforms along the lines of the things that you and I would advocate for on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: Now it's just.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think parts of part of the blame is us because we just skip over the state like it doesn't even exist and don't hold them accountable. And the Wine loves it when his phone doesn't ring, and so does our so do our senators and representatives.
Speaker 15: They sit there quietly.
Speaker 8: With their hands folded and watch the storm roll over instead of doing like you know, maybe what Gray Gabbott does, which you round them up and you send them to some other states, send them down to DC to get into the courts with the federal government.
Speaker 15: Do something.
Speaker 8: But the silence is definite coming out of Columbus. So just a reminder of all the listeners. You do have a state government. It did just pass a record number of spending bill. The Wine was giddy with that about all the investments they could put back into Ohio. They have all the power, all the money, do something or else. Why do we need it? What do we need all this money going into state government? Why do we need all the elected Republicans?
Speaker 2: Great points day, But you know I think that as I'm listening to you, minealysis is along these lines. It's like, well, it's a red state. We have successfully converted Ohio into a you know, a purple state into a red state. It's reliably going to vote Republican. But what does that mean. It's like, you say you're a Democrat. We look at Democrats and you're like, oh my god, the Democratic Party has gone so far left. What does it mean to be a Democrat? Does that mean you're an AOC Democrat on a far left side or are you some sort of you know, moderate Democrat like Mansion used to be before you quit the party. No, it's a spectrum. But just because you say we're a red state, we are going to elect a Republican president, or it's reliably so within your own state. Just saying you Republican doesn't mean Jack squat because you've got folks within the Republican Party, like within the Democrat Party, that don't really reflect what you and I believe the Republican Party is and should be.
Speaker 8: Evidently most of them, most I don't hear anybody well, at least there's such division within the Republican Party itself.
Speaker 2: They're not getting anything accomplished that would benefit the state of Ohio. So it's great, great points, man, great points, and people are aware of it. And the people that the heavy hitters, the folks like the women, the Northeast Republican women. Those folks are powerful folks within the Republican Party. They carry a lot of weight. They're angry as well. I think we need to wake up and get a reality check going and do a better job in the primary selecting folks to run the state of Ohio. Appreciate the opportunity to pivot over to the governor sending two and a half million dollars to Springfield speaking and pivoting off of your point that he welcomed this. You know, it was reported the Wine said yesterday. Apparently he doesn't even oppose go to your point, the temporary protected status program under which most of these Haitians have descended upon Springfield and he's looking to the federal government to help fix the problem. They're going back to my Orcus, what is my arcis going to do? He's the one that facilitates this. He's probably laughing at all of these governors turning to him and demanding that he do something about it, like you know, like asking the arts to help put out the fire or something. So and it's just a comical exercise of what's going on here. I mean, we can laugh about it because it seems so crazy. A lot of reports about the Haitians getting an automobile accidents up there. You may have seen the viral videos going around, and I have a measure of skepticism that all those automobile crashes that just so happened to be captured on a cell phone video all came from Springfield. But apparently there is a bad problem in Springfield with the drivers everyone who drives on the streets. Do Wne even refer to it the other day. That's why he's sitting Ohio State Highway Patrol. It says they're going to be sent there to assist local law enforcement. Consisting of one hundred and thirty Springfield police officers with a ratio of now the new population. I've crunched the numbers on this population roughly eighty thousand. Now, if you include the additional twenty thousand Haitian immigrants in Springfield, that leaves one police officer for every six hundred and fifteen people. Ohio State Highway Patrol is going to be sent to assist local law enforcement, according to the announcement yesterday, to address traffic related problems that have now arisen. That's what local officials are saying there. Those traffic related problems have arisen because Haitians are using the roads and do not understand American traffic laws. Makes sense, that's part of the cultural distinctions between people from different countries and those in the United States. No, it's not the color of their skin. It's because they've descended in a neighborhood that wasn't prepared for them, and they're behind the wheels of cars and they don't know our laws or how to drive. That's got nothing to do with the color of the skin. They haven't been trained or taught. So now we have to extend Ohio State Highway Patrol resources to a town that's overwhelmed to teach them how to drive.
Speaker 1: Apparently, he's also set.
Speaker 2: Aside two and a half million dollars over a two year period to expand there's that word again, span primary healthcare services offered by private health care facilities and the county health department. Why would you need to expand that? Well, maybe there aren't, to the point made earlier in the program by one of the callers, maybe they're not enough healthcare workers to deal with the rapidly expanding population. And it's two and a half million dollars over two year period going to solve the problem long term? You know the answer to that question. The problem's going to continue. And when the money runs out for the two year period over which they're going to expend these resources, what happens after that seven fifteen fifty five care c Detalk station Feel free to call. And another number you can call, even in a twenty four hour day, seven eight week emergency period, you can call plumb Tight. It's plumbing done right, and they live by that model, probably serving everything between northern Kentucky all the way up to Dayton and the surrounding region. Will call the greatest Cincinnati area plump tight cos Mission to provide every one of their customers with a truly exceptional plumbing experience, customer service superior. With plumb Tight, the work will be exceptional. They do any size project. And again, if you've got an emergency column the number seven two seven eighty four eighty three seven two seven Tight, they will arrive on time. They will definitely let you know when they're on their way, so there's no question mark about when that plumber is going to be at your front door.
Speaker 1: You can trust them.
Speaker 2: I've had them over so many times I've lost track and the work is always superior. Those plumbers are really great guys. Rich them at seven two seven Tight online Finament plumtight dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Start out sunny, end up cloudy today, Hi have eighty five, have cloudy skies every night, few showers possible sixty three. Another cloudy day tomorrow, the chance of showers and high of eighty two. Clouds remain every night, a few showers possible sixty four. And on Saturday we've got a partly sunny day, high eighty five.
Speaker 1: Right now fifty seven degrees. Let's get an update on traffic from the UC Health Traumphics center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is at freedable medical decease that affects both brain and behavior. You see howth addiction sciences can help called five one three, five eighty five eight two two seven northbound four seventy one continues to run close to an extra ten minutes from before grand into town sapbound seventy five make it an extra five in an Alvam Macklin cruiser now working with an accident on bood Noo at Montana. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty fifty fou KRCD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk.
Speaker 1: Don't forget fifty five KRC dot com for podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can't listen to the Judge or Thomas Massey yesterday, pull up the podcast. Massey had some great, great, great, great logistical strategic points on that continuing resolution which now appears to be held up anyway. Let's go to the phone see what Amy's got this morning. Amy, Welcome to the show. Thanks for calling Joe here.
Speaker 16: Hey, I talked to you earlier this week about this whole situation in Springfield. I had been calling Governor de Line's office. I finally got through yesterday and he had a call back. I was so excited. I was like, hey, wild good.
Speaker 3: So I let him know that, Hey.
Speaker 16: You know, I know Governor DeWine stands with Ukraine, loves the Haitians. Be great if he could put an American flag and maybe in Ohio's state flag behind him on his ex account. But I also found out exactly what you were talking about, and I said, you know that's great. Okay, So now the Highway Patrol is going to enforce the traffic laws. So the two point five million that's coming from US, yep. And he's the one who imported this problem and raised his hand and said bring it. Oh, we have the resources. Well, if he really cared about the Haitians, maybe he would have been over there teach them English instead of spending more money for translation services. Oh and English classes at Clark College. I mean, oh my gosh, I am just I cannot. It's like, can we really live in Ohio anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that.
Speaker 2: Ate Points healthcare is overwhelmed, police are overwhelmed. You know, that's the problem generally speaking, that it's the ripple is profound. I mean New York City, I means him.
Speaker 16: I was like, how many Haitians are here? How many more are coming by the end of this year? And how long is this going to continue? Where else are you going to deposit these people? Plus he said, oh yeah, we're giving them drivers Z with simulators. Well, I have a friend that he had triplets that decided she couldn't afford to go spend the money for drivers D so her children, at eighteen are now getting their licenses.
Speaker 2: You know, it's an amazing reality, isn't it. I mean, it's just one thing after another. Nothing is I mean, nothing is untouched by this Now everything.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, so asked him. I was like, oh great, now that the laws are being enforced, are the people that got their car insurance rates raised, are their car insurance companies going to call and go, oh well now it's under control. We'll give you a refund that race.
Speaker 1: That's good, Ay, that's rich.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 2: I started out the morning show this morning talking about the inflationary realities, and that was the car insurance woe. Who's mind boggling. Car insurance has gone up forty five percent over the past four years, and I'm sure, it's a location driven kind of thing. Because you know, some areas are more inclined for having autobile accidents. It's going to cost you more, some areas less. Well, I let you do the math on that. Which direction it's going to go. Let's say in Springfield, for example.
Speaker 7: Huh, Well, they're.
Speaker 16: Not going to get a refund, they're not going to get their rates lowered because Governor Devine decided to send the highway patrol there. So it's it's going to be a constant. Oh well, now this is your rate.
Speaker 15: Sorry.
Speaker 7: Oh next, your attire.
Speaker 1: By excellent points, Amy, excellent points.
Speaker 7: All right, well, you have a great day.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised someone called you back. Amy, can put the little feather in your cap.
Speaker 16: That was after I called Senator Bressing's office and Cindy Abram's office and said, hey, they're not answering the fence.
Speaker 17: This is just like COVID again, maybe worse. Maybe COVID has moved on. We're not dealing with that problem anymore. Amy, we do believe it's.
Speaker 16: Pirate, And he says tyrant.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, well call him what you want.
Speaker 2: Obviously, a to some degree an architect of the problems of the citizens of Springfield are feeling coming to a theater most undoubtedly near you. Amy, thank you for the call of congratulations on the on the small victory that you you learned by getting a call back from Dyd's office. You're one of the rare few that's rarefied air. You are in right now, seven twenty five. Now take care of look care see Dook station. Stay around Americans for prosperities coming up next. First, a word for my friends at Emory Federal Credit Union. I'd love banking with Emory. It's a better way to bank. You'll find that out yourself when you start banking with them. You're kind of like an owner of a bank there. You're a member and they treat you accordingly. This The rates there are great. And speaking of rates, in celebration of eighty five years since they open their door in nineteen thirty nine, they're offering specials I think throughout the entire year right now, and it's for a limited time offer one point eight five percent off your qual auto loan rate. I had one of my listeners email me this morning or Facebook message said his auto rate was like twenty four percent or something. It's like, oh, my god, I don't know what the baseline rate is, but you at least get one point eighty five percent knocked off your qualified autoily a loan from memory and you can use that, of course to buy a car or finance some other big purchase. Visit EVERYFCU dot org for all the details. This is again a limited time offering. These loans or some like. All loan subject to approval and certain restrictions apply, so get all the details again at EMORYFCU dot org. Equal Opportunity Lender and NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven your credit Union with a heart since nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Time for the nine first Ony weatherfork cast.
Speaker 2: Today go to be sunny early, clouds show up later, have a high of eighty five overnight cloudy with a few showers possible. Sixty three cloudy skies tomorrow as well, with the chance of showers on high of eighty two. Cloud stick around overnight, a few showers as well, sixty four for the low, and we get partly sunny sky on Saturday with a high eighty five.
Speaker 1: Right up fifty seven. Time for traffic updates from.
Speaker 6: The UCL Trumphique Center substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help. Call five to one, three, five eighty five, eight, two, two seven. Here come a break light stathbound seventy one from above two seventy five towards Pfeiffer sathbound seventy five. Continue slow through Blacklin northbound seventy five. Now I add an extra five out of Urlinger into the cut northbound fourth seventy one is closer to a ten minute delay. Chuck ing ramon fifty five K see the talk station. It's seven thirty fifty five CARCD talk station. Brian tell Us here, wishing you a very happy Friday Eve and welcoming to the five CARRIC Morning Show. Americans for Prosperity WT State Director Tim Ross, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure to have you on the program today to talk about some of the Southwest of High endorsed candidates.
Speaker 1: Keep up the great work at AFT.
Speaker 2: We had one of your members at the Women's Republican Club Northeast Women's Republican Club event that I attended on Tuesday doing the work handing out the cards trying to get people involved with AFP Action and knocking on doors. Tim He reported that I think AFP has knocked on what half a million doors in the state of Ohio so far.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 15: Well, first of all, thanks for having me all happy with you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, for you know, the f the action efforts for Bernie Marino. We just crossed the half a million marks, so we're pretty happy about that.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. He said.
Speaker 2: In one weekend there you were able to knock on like one hundred and fifty thousand doors.
Speaker 10: That's now you probably yeah, that's probably heard that wrong. That's about what we do it about a month, oh okay, one weekend. Just yeah, this last weekend, in a single day, we just about got to twelve thousand, which is which is tough.
Speaker 1: That is that's great. Yeah, anybody can help out.
Speaker 2: About a month and he and let me just take a little bit of your time before we get to the candidates, because it's important for my listeners because I mentioned AFP Action all the time.
Speaker 1: It's so easy to help out.
Speaker 2: They give you all the resources of the training to help if you deal with the knocking on the doors, they tell you where to go the unsettled question mark voters. But even if you only have an hour or two of time, some people can do it all the time. They got their retired and they're happy to help out all weeks. Some people only have a limited amount of time. They basically literally will take as much or as little time as you've got to spare, and you can effectively have an outcome and get Bernie Morino elected.
Speaker 1: So we can get rid of shared Brown.
Speaker 2: Even with an hour on a weekend, you can effectively knock on like one hundred doors. So anyway, with that aside, AFP Action dot Com is where you can get involved. It's very simple tim over to the candidates. You got twenty seven Buckeye Blueprint endorsed candidates. Let's talk about the Southwest Ohio ons.
Speaker 15: Uh, yeah, absolutely, so.
Speaker 10: I believe Donovan's been on talking about our Buckeyed Blueprint. We're talking to candidates about eliminating the state income tax, about providing more education opportunities for kids, and all these great policies the DAFT Ohio supports. So in advocating for those policies, we look out their seek out candidates and have found some really great ones over the years to kind of go back to the primary. Back in March, we supported three down in your neck of the woods. Senator George lying to his courses, probably one of the greatest advocates for eliminating Ohio's income tax in the Ohio Senate. He's down in Butler County. Of course, just across the line in Warren County, we supported both candidates that are running or that were running for the State House in that county, our friend Adam Matthews who was running for his first re election in Michelle Tesca, who covers the other part of Warren County.
Speaker 15: So those endorsements continue.
Speaker 10: We're very happy that those candidates got across the line and contested primaries. Those are fairly safe seats, happy to report, so we're looking forward to working with them in the next General Assembly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Warren County is pretty solid, I have to admit we're talking about you know, Ohio is depending up on how you view the Republican Party. And in spite of all the dysfunction in comus, Ohio is a solidly read state and Warren County is one of the reasons notably reliable voters in Warren County, all three.
Speaker 10: Of those Coller counties, you know, Butler or Claremont and Warren are fairly read, and there's you know, even the west side of Hamilton is still considered reliably red. The east side, though, is where we're police to make an announcement today Anderson Township the twenty seventh House district. Someone someone that I know you're probably very very familiar with, Kurt Hartman. He's running for the twenty seventh district. We're happy to announce our endorsement within today.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kurt was at the Tuesday event that I mentioned a moment ago as well.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Oh, he's a great guy, conservative warrior.
Speaker 10: One of the things that we really like about Kurt, and you know, frankly a bunch of the candidates that we support, is that they're all anti status quo. You know, they're not going to Columbus just.
Speaker 1: To take up space.
Speaker 10: They want to rock the boat and get some of these things done.
Speaker 2: Well, i'd like to see that happen. One of the laments that I heard on Tuesday over and over and over again, one of the women even pointed out that you said Columbus is worse than Washington. D c in terms of its dysfunction. That's crazy. I mean, we've got the House, the governor, and the Senate and we can't get much done in Ohio along traditional conservative principles. It seems to me to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 15: So.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you look at some of our colleagues that have the ability to work in Florida, Texas, Tennessee, all where they have Republican trifectas, and they're getting so much more done on a policy level in their state government than we are here. So we're going to try and change that. And you know, supporting candidates is a great way to.
Speaker 2: Start well, and this is the kind of work that we need to do. The front end work. We get endorsements from people like are the folks from AFP who are reliably great at selecting the people that we need in government. And so I appreciate all the work that you're doing. But yeah, Kurt Hartman, Michael Tech, Mitchell Tesca, Adam Matthews, and George Lang again most of them in solid reelect territories. And you mentioned Andersen. When you talk about Kurt Hartman, are you suggesting Anderson is blue?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 15: I wouldn't say that it's blue. They think it's shifted a bit.
Speaker 10: I think what we've seen, and this isn't just in Hamilton County, it's around the country. Some of those places that, yeah, some of these places that used to be like red, you know, solid solid red, had started to shift to the left a little bit. I know, Anderson's probably still pretty conservative. Yeah, take in some of those some of those other you know, kind of east side suburbs used to have the city of Cincinnati, and that that was pretty tough as well. This, this current iteration doesn't. But the suburbs, they're tough territory for conservatives anymore. So it's even more important that we get out and support folks that are running there and get to word out.
Speaker 2: I just find that so hard to believe. Is that just sort of the this this this, uh, because that's a wealthy community overall. I mean, I know there are areas that maybe aren't as wealthy, but you think of when I think of Anderson, I think I always joke about it, like I need a special pass to even get in Anderson, And I've joked about that before. But money got lots of money, got lots of industry, lots of taxation and wealth, and you would think that that would be a conservative leaning area solidly, And I just kind of wonder maybe it's this left wing college education craft that has infected so many of these otherwise conservative communities.
Speaker 10: That probably has something to do with it. You know, the mainstream media certainly drives a lot of that as well. They've they've shifted significantly left over the years, so that I think, like I said, you're seeing that all over. You see that in the Franklin County suburbs, the Cuyahoga County suburbs.
Speaker 15: It's not only than eastern Ohio a little farther north.
Speaker 10: And this used to be reliably territory the blue Democratic congressman for a little while, and now that would be unthinkable. So shifts happened, you know, across the board. You know, the roles are getting a little bit more red, that the suburbs are shifting left. So that's why we get out and talk to voters to kind of break through the media wall.
Speaker 2: Well, and I will encourage my listeners to be the ones that get out and talk to the voters. AFP Action dot Com is how you get in touch with AFP and and get the resources materials in the direction you need to effectively do it. Tim, I appreciate time you spent with me and my listeners this morning on the program and the work that you and Americans for Prosperity to doing each and every day, and I welcome opportunities to speak with you anytime you got something to pass along to the listeners.
Speaker 15: Really appreciate the opportunity. Brian enjoyed it than you, bram On.
Speaker 2: My pleasure to have you on. Take care and have a wonderful week. Seven thirty seven fifty five kre se detalk station Oder Exit od O r XIT that's how you spell it. That's website oteroexit dot com. That's where you can buy the older exit products. If you order before three pm, you're gonna have it on your front door, delivered by tomorrow and they are guaranteed to work. What do you got by way of smell that you want to eradicate mold, mildews, smoke, human oder, pet oder name it. They got a product with the exception of the STENTI of politics that will eliminate it. One hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed if you use it as directed and it doesn't eliminate the odor, you get your money back. You can I with confidence, no problem there, and it definitely works. I can vouch for the work of the product because I've been using odo exit products for years and years. Everybody's got an odor they need to eliminate every once in a while. You got a dog or a cat. There you go. You know you need it. So odor exit dot com. Confidently order it and if it doesn't work, you get your money back. It will work though, trust me.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here it is your nine first wing wether Forecast's going to have a sunny day early, then clouds will roll in it. It'll be a high of eighty five. Those clouds will bring forth some rain. Overnight rain is possible. Sixty three. Tomorrow is chantas hours all day, mostly cloudy skies all day eighty two for the high. Clouds continue over night sixty four for low with some showers. The skies open up. You get partly sunny day on Saturday. High eighty five Right now fifty seven degrees and time for chuck with.
Speaker 6: Traffic from the UCL Triumphing Center. Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help. Call five on three five eighty five A two two seven sathbound seventy five. I'm seeing quite a few break lights between Tylersville and Cincinnati Dayton at the moment, gonna check for a problem above Union Center sathbound seventy one is over a fifteen minute delay between Field Zirdle and the Ragon Highway northbound fourth seventy one. Getting close to a fifteen minute delay from Southgate into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station going up a seven forty two fifty five krs the talk station. I hope you're having a decent Friday.
Speaker 2: Eve Todd Moore about a bourbon tasting event, an opportunity to meet Pete Rose two together after the top of the air news. The proceeds benefit the Health Squad, which is a great charity. And in the phones we go, I was thinking about Andrew Pappis while I was talking with with my last guest there, Tim Ross, about Anderson. It just scratching my head over Anderson, even being remotely blue.
Speaker 1: But here we find ourselves.
Speaker 2: Former Anderson Township Trustee Drew Pappis, welcome back to the Morning Show, my friend.
Speaker 1: Good to hear from.
Speaker 10: You morning, Brian.
Speaker 2: How are you doing relatively well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I was.
Speaker 10: I enjoyed that say, I enjoy all your segments. But AFP does great work, and it's nice that they're giving people an easy way to get involved because that's exactly what we need, not only here in Anderson, but across Ohio given some of the recent revelations on how how maybe people don't people who'se they're not focusing on what their government is doing and they wake up to seeing their communities changed. And you know, he mentioned Anderson being less red than it was, and there's a very simple you know, Anderson had my experience being here for over twenty five years now, he's right Anderson, and you're correct. Anderson was solidly read community. But we've had a lot of success and growth. And what we've had, what I've seen happen, I can I can't tell you the number of people that couldn't even begin to count, but the number of people that used to be in the Tea Party and strong conservatives, and what we've seen here in Anderson is that as their families dynamics change and their kids move, kids, you know, grow up, move out of the house. You suddenly have a large house, that four bedroom house with two people that you don't want to have anymore because there's just no purpose to it. You bounced ze and so you know Claremont. You're able to get a smaller lifestyle home out in Claremont without moving to a totally different part of town, meaning just shift over a few miles. Sure, And what that does is it creates a vacuum. And as the young preus driving.
Speaker 15: Millennials, and I'm not bashing.
Speaker 10: Them per se, but that's just the demographic term for that age group. You know, as these young liberals have children in the city, they say, well, we don't you know, we don't want our children to be in this environment or have different better schools, So they come here to Anderson Township. The struggle is is that these younger folks who are who are more liberal thinking than the established population here, they bring their ideology with them and they forget the very reason that the community that they originally lived in was not a desirable for them to raise their family in.
Speaker 1: And they bring those uh, they bring.
Speaker 10: Those ideals with them and they they sadly vote accordingly. So, yes, there's been a and this is happening all over the world. But you know, when you you know, it's one thing to move. And I'm not bashing any particular neighborhood, but let's just say that if you're in the urban center of Cincinnati and you're looking for a place to move without a great lifestyle change meaning commute meaning stores that you are used to frequenting, Anderson is a natural choice because it's just right here. I mean, you know, it's not you don't have to change a whole lot in your life, like if you've moved up to let's say, you know, Mason or up on the northern suburbs, which are also experiencing great, you know, rapid growth as well. So it's just the natural, you know, draw of things. Now, what I have found is that after a few cycles these folks voting and getting involved, they understand that, hey, the reason that they moved out of the community they moved in that they didn't feel safe raising their family is exactly the conservative government and the conservative mindset that we have out here that has led to such a secure area. So you know, it's it's it's just I guess we're a victim of our own success. Maybe I'm not sure how you'd classify that, but that's pretty much what's going on out here. It is still red, don't misunderstand me, but it's got tinges of purple around the outside that are hopefully these folks will uh as they grow up. You know, you've heard the old phrase when you're young.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was not from the left as youth has no heart. He was not from the right as an adult has no brain.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 10: So that's pretty much and there's a reason that saying is so valid. That's pretty much what we're going throughout here, and we've been going through for some time.
Speaker 2: And it is what it is, and the way you describe it, you know, the first thing that came to my mind, he said, you know, it's not yet blue, but it's getting blue around the fringy.
Speaker 1: It's like a cancer.
Speaker 2: It spreads, it expands, and it ends up killing the host.
Speaker 10: It is a It is a bit of a parasitic relationship. I'll say that, and I'll agree with you. Uh.
Speaker 1: I found that.
Speaker 10: You know, usually what happens is, you know, they come here from the bird or from the city center and there they have their you know that it takes them a while to finally come to understand. The first couple of years they're you know, really rabid and very very very liberal, and then slowly when they see the effects on their children, how their children are thriving here, how they're very safe, how they don't feel safe because we have you know, good public safety, we put a priority. I think that I think that at least when I was inw in office, I said power, but I meant office. The simple fact matter is the priority, this basic form of government at any level is public safety. Without that, we have no society. And that was a mindset that we had when I was on the Trustee board, and they continue to have. We put a priority on public safety. And you know, as you're seeing, like you mentioned the community of Springfield, Ohio, they're witnessing that right now, the public safety without public safety. And I'm not bashing the migro it's by any stretch, I mean, would be protected immigrants. I'm not bashing them, but I'd like to know. I'd like someone maybe a deep dive of investigative reporter who's the genius in any level of government, the thought that bringing twenty thousand folks into a community of sixty thousand wouldn't have some sort of impact and didn't really think about it.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know that thought.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, typical government dumbness.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's on a micro level.
Speaker 2: And you look at the one city in the country that's experienced the spirits in this problem. But then move backward and you see it's a macro problem. The problems that Springfield are facing are just illustrative of problems that every community in this country seems to be facing because no one was prepared for a massive influx of humanity over such a short period of time.
Speaker 1: It's impot question.
Speaker 10: There's absolutely no question what you're saying is correct, and hold the people, and I wish the voters would open their eyes.
Speaker 15: And if you think.
Speaker 10: Springfield just popped up overnight, you're you're sadly mistaken. This is Springfield has been happening for a while. The only reason it's getting the grease right now is because it's squeaking. And you know, this is happening in communities all over the United States, and a lot of them are probably saying, Hey, where's our love, where's our where's our news and press because you cannot bring as some estimates are as high as twenty million. You cannot bring twenty million new folks into your country, into your city, into your house, into your neighborhood, into your country without there being ramifications. And I thought the one thing that jumped out of me most during the debate. Almost several things I had tourets that night, but the Kamala opining about the housing shortage, I said, well, how does bringing if there is a.
Speaker 15: Housing shortage, if housing can't.
Speaker 10: Keep up with demand, how does bringing twenty million new folks into your into your country solve that in any way, shape or form. It's not exacerbated exponentially. But no one, no one. The moderators failed to make that because they were too busy fact checking Donald Trump all night. But you know that was a set of subject you've covered very well.
Speaker 2: Amen to that, brother, Not that I've covered it well, but amen to the point. Yeah, it's crazy, brother. I cannot thank you enough for calling Andrew. It's always a pleasure to hear from me, man. And if you're the last one out, make sure you bring the flag seven fifty no lie fifty five KR see the dog Station, stick around, or to talk about the top of the Iron News, to talk bourbon tasting, and we get jay Rattle at a thirty. In the meantime, I get to mention Colin because I like mentioning Andrew Cullen and the team at Colin Electric. They've taken such great care of my family and for our electrical needs over the years, and I know they'll take great care of you. That's why they have an A plus with a better business fear than they have forever. I think they've been family owned operated since nineteen ninety nine. The crew of electricians there are a well oiled machine. We'll take care of your electric needs, take great care of your home. They are wonderful at customer service. Everything you could possibly hope for in a company for electric work. Ten year warranty for everything that.
Speaker 1: They do for you.
Speaker 2: So whether it's a goofy electric problem you got going on, you want to upgrade. I want to get a whole house surge protector. I got one of those. They installed my uh my generator in my home. They've done all my wiring for the bathroom project where recently did big projects, small projects and everything in between. Final online. It's Cullen c U L L E M Color Electriccincinnati dot Com. Tell them, I said, how many call up? It'schedu an appointment at five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Do you have a massive tax part?
Speaker 2: Here's your nine first one to weather forecast. Get sunny sky's early clouds later today. Hi have eighty five clouds every night, few showers sixty three pouty day all day tomorrow, chance of showers. I guess all day eighty two for the high another opportunity for some showers overnight with a high low of sixty four, and we get at partly sunny day on Saturday eighty five for the high end right at sixty degrees.
Speaker 1: Now time for traffic update from the UC Health Triumphan Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependence is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help call five one three, five, eight, five eight two two seven. North found seventy five is running an extra fifteen minutes out of Florence into towntown and that delay time is growing saing for northbound four seventy one from Southgate southbound seventy five break lights first from Tailersville towards Union Center, then through Bachman southbound seventy one is closer to a twenty minute delay. Now fieldsrtle down to Red Pank Chuck Ingramont fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty five fIF five kr CD talk station. He's all the time up there, and that's okay. Is Todd Morre's gonna tell us all about this bourbon tasting event to help the Help Squad, which is a great charity. And then we get iHeart media aviation expert Jay Rattler at eight thirty. I hope you can stick around. I'll be right back after the news the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 7: Vice President Kamala Harris, I'm clapping.
Speaker 1: You don't have to f fifty five KR about it.
Speaker 3: Keep I'm busy with the college.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 5: Never mind what's going on in the news.
Speaker 15: All this is a diversion.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC eight oh five, the fifty five KRCV talk station, Happy Friday Eve. Of course that means Jay raydlff's coming up. Bottom of the hour.
Speaker 2: I heard media aviation expert Jay Raydlift every Thursday at eight thirty. In the meantime, I'm welcome. Welcoming to the fifty five CARC Morning Show. Part of a great organization. Todd Moore going to be helping out the Help Squad, which you can do online go to the Help Squad sincywithwy dot com. And what they are is a Christian faith collaborative helping people in neighborhoods outside of Cincinnati including Cole Rain Dal High Green Township, Addison, Shiviyt and Cleaves. What they do is provide financial assistance, housing support, food support, clothing support, furniture, home needs, job training, education, clothing, addiction and medical mental health services, as well as faith and prayer counseling. Todd Moore to talk about a bourbon event to help the Help Squad.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the program. It's great to have you on today.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for and I appreciate it. Yeah, and I'm happy that you started out by talking about what their mission is. I got connected with Brian, I want to say almost two years ago. I have my own business where I provide sports and entertainment memorabilia items to a variety of charitable organizations to help them raise money. I work with a number of Catholic parishes and schools on FOMA LOOKMI Society Cancer Free Kids, a lot of them and I got connected through Brian, who is a twenty eight year retired since I police.
Speaker 1: Officer on the program.
Speaker 2: He's a guy, is a riot man, he is an absolute riot.
Speaker 3: He's been absolutely great to work with. I love his organization. He's got a lot of great volunteers who help him out. I probably in the last year and a half have done seven different events with Brian, and it's it's that relationship over time. He knows I'm I'm a big bourbon drinker and a big bourbon.
Speaker 1: Enthusiasts.
Speaker 3: I'm part of a couple bars in Loveland, bar restaurants that have a.
Speaker 9: Good bourbon presence.
Speaker 3: And with my business and with memorabilia, I'm very connected to several athletes and.
Speaker 9: One of them is is Pete Rose.
Speaker 3: And Pete's been a friend of mine for you know, a long time, and a couple of years ago I took him into new Re Distillery down in Newport and did a special couple of special bourbon single barrel selections. And I always said well, if we can get Pete to do something at four Roses, it just seems fitting, right, four Roses, you know, legendary bourbon distilleries. I said, man, if we can get Pete in to do a barrel pick, that'd be quite an event, right exactly. And so we just did a recent pick for the bar which is called Bishop's Quarter and Loveland.
Speaker 2: I know the place, well, yeah, I live. I live about two miles from them.
Speaker 3: Well that's fantastic, but I will have to definitely hook up in there and get connected further.
Speaker 2: Oh and I do love him old fashioned, my friend, I have things are like, I'm sorry if you've never had an old fashion, Like I was not a bourbon guy and my wife never ever ever drank bourbon. And it was like, I don't know how we ended up drinking an old fashion And now it's like being addicted to crack cocaine. I mean, there is just insane. I'm not even a sweet drinker guy. I was a Scotch guy forever, but man, I'm telling you there's something about an old fashion. They just go down so easily. You got to mind your p's and q's on that.
Speaker 9: Well, as you know.
Speaker 3: The bourbon is just exploded, you know, with the yeah distilleries opening and things like that. So we just did this pick back on August first, we spoke with somebody we know down there to distillery and they said, you know, we've been taking this charity angle, and not to bore your listeners with a bunch of detail as far as how the bourbon works, but getting single barrel selection from a distillery like Four Roses. We're in Ohio, so we have to go through the State of Ohio Liquor Control in case they had a barrel that are designated for charity.
Speaker 9: So we got the paperwork sent in from Brian.
Speaker 3: We got approved by Four Roses Distillery to receive a single barrel selection. So what we've done is we've put together a basically an experience with Pete Rose at Four Roses. So this is gonna be a twofold thing. So they when I say the barrels for charity, you still have to buy the barrel. So whenever that barrel gets selected, they're gonna bottle it and we're gonna have to buy whatever number of bottles yield itself from that barrel. So what we've done is we're creating an opportunity where four roses allow six people to be there to do the barrel selection. So it's a process, it's a two hour experience. Well, you'll be sitting there with a number of different barrels to taste and try and smell, and that group will pick this four rowses Pete Rose single barrel editions.
Speaker 2: So the group narrows the selection down to one barrel from among the different And my understanding is there's ten different barrels that.
Speaker 1: You will take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you want a sip of all of them, and then you all agree amongst yourselves which one you want to designate the Pete Rose barrel and that's the one you end up buying.
Speaker 1: Exactly cool.
Speaker 3: And then after those bottles are or after that barrel is bottled and we receive those, we'll have to do then get together with Pete again and Pete will then hand sign each of those bottles. Now, the process of how we're going to do that, whether that will be at private thing with me and Pete getting all the bottles signed, or hopefully we can turn it into another event for the help squad that we will.
Speaker 9: Do at a a later date.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me to tell you when that is, because we don't know how long it'll take to get the bottles in from four Roses and then get something organized with Teat to be back in town because as many people know, Pete lives out and out west out in Vegas and there's no way I'm shipping a bunch of bourbon.
Speaker 1: Bottles out the ticket understood.
Speaker 3: So But so the first thing is, I think Brian wanted me to be on with you today because he really doesn't know much about the bourbon.
Speaker 9: He's learning about this whole experience.
Speaker 3: And so what we've done is we've created this thing where you get to be with us. The single barrel pick with four Roses has taking place on Monday, September twenty third at ten am, So we would ask these people to get there probably by like nine to forty five, and then those six people will go in. It's like I said, a two hour experience. Four Roses has two ye strains and ten different recipes, five recipes for each of those two ye strains. You'll select from those ten and then that is what we will get. Whether it's a month or two months down the bread, we don't know. And then hopefully have an event again for proceeds going to the Help Squad, hopefully at our bar Bishop's quarter, and that we can then raise more money on both the bottles and this experience. So the experienced spots are two thousand dollars apiece. I know it seems like a lot of money, but what we're designing this experience to do is to in a sense, for the Help Squad pay for the bottles that we'll be receiving from four Roses. And so what we're trying to do is create a situation where the Help Squad this is part of that donation to get this thing going. Those six people will receive three bottles each from the release. When they're ready, we're gonna have photographer there, so you're going to get your picture taken with Pete. Each person's going to receive an eleven by fourteen photo hands signed by Pete, and you're gonna get a two hour experience with Cincinnati's Charlie. So that when you talk about once of a lifetime type opportunities, this is one of those.
Speaker 9: You know, we know Pete's not getting any younger.
Speaker 3: He's going to be eighty four in April, so you know, to be able to have this opportunity and to sit down and just get to spend you know, two hours with the hit king.
Speaker 9: I mean, how often do you get to do that, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I never.
Speaker 2: I would imagine, especially since he's living out in Vegas. You could go to his bar out there and hang out, and you might be able to hang out with him, but not in this kind of experience. Plus, my understanding is, you know, there's the experts from Four Roses, which is a highly respected bourbon I'm at least aware of that, So you'll learn a whole lot about bourbon generally speaking while you're going through these selections. So it's like a learning opportunity along the bourbon lines as well as hanging out with the rows.
Speaker 15: With four Roses.
Speaker 3: Because I've done several single barrel picks at different distilleries, and there's a there's a lot of great ones, but I'm telling you it's hard to.
Speaker 9: Top a four Roses pick.
Speaker 3: Because you go to some stillories, they'll give you three different barrels to try from, or four different barrels. Very rarely do you get the opportunity to try ten, and it's a tough process.
Speaker 9: It really is.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're gonna, oh, this one's good and this one's good too, and then you're constantly going back and forth, and you know, I'm sure it's not that a fight's gonna break out, but I'm sure there's gonna be some disagreement about which one is the best. But again, to be able to do it with Pete Rose, it's something else we Like I said, we did two of them with New Rift Distillery. It was it was easier to do a single barrel pick at New Riff.
Speaker 9: And to have Pete in there.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun. So right away it was just like, man if I could get into four Roses, how how cool would that be? And so it's finally been able to to, you know, get on the books and we're gonna make it happen and you know.
Speaker 9: Looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: So I guess the best thing to do is if somebody is interested.
Speaker 15: We have sold some of these spots.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna, you know, tell you.
Speaker 3: That they're six available, there's only two spots left.
Speaker 9: But I think, yeah, so what I think.
Speaker 3: Brian wanted to do. Brian was talking to somebody from the station. I think that's how we got to this point of you and I speaking this morning.
Speaker 1: My producer.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, he said again, we've had to Help Squad on the program to promote the organization quite a few times, and that's how I got to.
Speaker 3: Know, and I encourage your listeners and that Help Squad is a great organization local and it's not like they do, you know, one of a year. It's I've done several where they're helping out families where you know, teenagers or young children are dealing with a serious illness. So they've done and helped events that cater to like a single need right away, and then they do other events where they're raising money where the proceeds go to their overall cause, which is doing those things that you you talked about in the beginning. And this is just one of those things that we think in the long run, we're gonna make, you know, decent return for the Help Squad. So the plan is to set these bottles of a retail price of two hundred and ninety two cents, So if you're familiar with Pete, you.
Speaker 9: Kind of get the number.
Speaker 3: Forty one ninety two was of course the number that broke Tykov. So we came up with a crazy retail price. These will be available to anybody through the Help Squad, and I'm sure Brian will will make posts on their Facebook site and their website as to when they come.
Speaker 9: In or when we have got a date.
Speaker 3: Set uh for something with Pete hopefully where the public is able then to come and actually get their bottle personally signed if they buy one for the Help Squad. So that's something that unfortunate. We'll just have to keep you guys posts on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's fine, You're a welcome on the Morning Show. I love the organization. I love what you're doing. I like the just the the the attitude of the people and the understanding they have and the the recognition that there are quite a few people out there in the world that do have, you know, sort of short term problems but they need a little bit of help and help squads right there to help them get through that little period of time and move on with the next project. So helps the Help Squad. Since he with a y the help squadsincey dot com. Now somebody's out there going damn it. Tell me how I buy one of the last two tickets because I want to be there with Pete Rose and I want to sample ten Bourbon's and I want my hands on some of these bottles.
Speaker 1: Who are they gonna call? How are they gonna get a toe?
Speaker 3: That's well, what I'm gonna do is I'm going to actually give you Brian Ibolt's phone number.
Speaker 9: And that's good.
Speaker 3: That's I don't know, I don't know what else to do. He texted me last night, he said, hey, do you mind talking on the radio, And I'm like, okay, fine, yeah, But so I just think, I mean, I guess you could. You could call me as well. My number is five one three six eight zero one.
Speaker 9: Six eighty one.
Speaker 3: Be happy to answer any questions that somebody has, or you can reach out to Brian Ibol with the help spot at five one three six seven eight eight nine eighty six. We've got some information we can send out for anybody who's interested. But yeah, like I said, we've we've been able to uh. Brian sold three spots to people who support the organizations, and I sold another one yesterday. So it's a really cool experience. I guarantee if you're a friend or a fan of Pete Rose and Cincinnati Red's Baseball, or if you're a bourbon enthusiast at all, you're going to be in for a great experience because, like I said, it takes about two hours to get your way through this. You keep in mind that if you live in the Cincinnati area, to go down at to be at Four Roses, it's it's about an hour and forty five minute drive from Cincinna.
Speaker 1: It's in Cox Creek, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Cox Creek, Kentucky is where there's two different Four Roses facilities, and the one that you would go to for the barrel selection is at Cox's Creek, which I think is about twenty five minutes southeast of Louisville.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Well, Joe Strecker will add those phone numbers and somebody's going to get over there as quickly as possible to buy one of the remaining two tickets, yes, or two thousand apiece. But it's a two hour experience, a very unique experience. Of course, the bourbon sampling alone is enough to get somebody to buy a ticket. But like you said, if you're a Reds fan, you want to spend some time with the aging Pete Rose, it is time to go ahead and do it. And it does benefit this outstanding charity. So you're doing God's work and having a great time at the same time.
Speaker 3: Todd boys, yeah, I appreciate that, and keep in mind you you get three bottles of the finished product.
Speaker 9: That's part of the deal. And Brian, you've got my number now too.
Speaker 3: Love to meet with you down at Bishop's Quarter and show you more about the place. It's more about what we do there. But thank you so much for the time this morning to help talk about this.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much Todd Moore for all you're doing for the Help Squad throughout the year as well. My brother. It is great and I'll see you down in lovele Yeah. Eight twenty at stumbling distance practically eight twenty fifty five care see detalk station. Get over to the blog page threety five kc dot comment. Hurry and get those tickets while they are lasting. Cover since and get touch with Cover Sincy. This is going to benefit your bottom line. How you can save so much by working with cover sense you for your medical insurance. You could cover the cost of that ticket. We just talked about couples under sixty five saving between five hundred and one thousand dollars a month with better medical insurance coverage. That's what Cover since he does every day. Small group employers, you know what, you should definitely get in touch with Cover sincey. He can improve your business's bottom line. And for those lower wage employees who pass on even getting medical insurance because they can't afford those thousands of dollars in out of pocket liability, they'll be able to afford the insurance and they'll be happy that they can. Great insurance talk about employee retention. Everybody benefits, So regardless of your situation, have Cover since the look under the hood of what you got and customize the package for you. They work with hundreds of insurance companies and thousands and thousands of different medical insurance policies, but they're working for you, not the insurance companies. So it's worth a few moments of time to find out if you can save this significant amount of money.
Speaker 1: People are doing it every day.
Speaker 2: Five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five Online there's a form you can fill out to start the process. Coversincey dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: We're less than two weeks away from our Higheart Radio Music Festival e sided by capital What taking.
Speaker 2: Tier th nine first one on the woecast. It's gotta be a sunny day early and then clouds will roll in. We'll have a high of eighty five with a few showers overnight down to sixty three, more showers tomorrow, mostly cloudy all day eighty two, few showers over night down to sixty four, and a partly sunny Saturday one up to eighty five.
Speaker 1: Fifty nine degrees right now. Type for traffic from the U S Transplant Center.
Speaker 6: Substance Offendance is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help call five one, three, five eighty five eight two two seven southbound seventy one. Delay time starting to drop, which is still need an extra twenty minutes from above two seventy five to the lateral southbound seventy five is closer to a fifteen minute delay. Brew walk from northbound seventy five starting to improve out of Florence heavy from Donaldson into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC DEEP Talk Station, Hey thirty.
Speaker 2: Fiftieve RCD Talk Station, A very happy Friday eve to he always made happier because of this moment in time. Every Thursday we get to talk to iHeartMedia Aviation. Nextwort Jay Ratliff, who takes a few minutes away from making thousands of dollars in a couple of minutes as his day trade job to spend time with my listeners to talk about aviation issues. Jay, welcome back, my friend. I always love talking to you.
Speaker 4: Now, sometimes my students we take a few more than a couple of minutes. The key is to stay away from the stocks that you know are gonna torpedo. And when you know that, you can, you know, protect yourself against losses and the games take care of themselves.
Speaker 1: Hey, then, and don't get greedy. Just take your ever, ever, ever, ever, No, a bird in the hand.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's worth to they get in run exactly there.
Speaker 1: You go, all right real quick here.
Speaker 2: It wasn't on the list, but I had to ask you about this because the visuals are just so wild. Over in Atlanta, we had two Delta planes collided Atlanta Airport and the tail got knocked off.
Speaker 4: One the vertical stabilizer. You're right, You and I've talked about airplanes that clip before. Yeah, you know one get one one jets being pulled back and it it nicks the plane next to it, and you really have to sometimes look to see, oh oh yeah, I see the little bit of damage right there on one of the airplanes.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: This is the first time I've ever seen an entire vertical stabilizer get ripped off the airplane. Now, you know, if you're one of Ohio State Patrol's finest and you're doing an investigation, a lot of times they will look at the position of your car to see, okay, where you had fault. I mean, where you were supposed to be. When you look at that Bombardier jet, the CRG nine hundred, it appears to be center line right there on the taxiway, kind of where it's supposed to be. So that makes you think that the much larger A three eight three point fifty that came by on its way to Tokyo when it ripped off that tail might not have been exactly where it should have been. So fortunately, no injuries. Sadly, you know, two planes we had passengers that had canceled flights. They had to reroute them, but nobody got hurt. And that's always a good thing. When you got two fully fueled aircraft that are preparing to take off. This wasn't a bump, this wasn't a clip. This is something that had a degree of speed to it. So I'll be very, very anxious to see the NTSB report when it's finalized.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, you know there's got to be some sort of video of this. I mean at an airport.
Speaker 4: Well, well there should be. You know, Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world. They've got cameras everywhere at that. It's always surprises me when somebody's running from the police they run into the airport. It's like, I'll run into this casino. They will never spine me. Yeah, well, they got cameras everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh no, love that about convenience store robberies. He was like, it's on video. Here's a picture of the guy, Robin the convenience.
Speaker 1: He's like, you everywhere in the world is like banks.
Speaker 2: Using banks should be the one place in the world where you knew there was gonna be video cameras. You can look up and see hm. And they never wear any place else. Now they are literally everywhere on everybody's front door, and that obviously an airport. So I'm dying to see a release video of how this happened, because it's just the most odd thing to behold when you see that entire tail section just knocked right off. I mean, that's got to be on there really good. I mean, this is not something that's sort.
Speaker 1: Of stuck off air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're designed not to come off. That's kind of the whole, the whole, the whole thing there. And you know, we'll see if the if the the smaller Endeavor air Delta subsidiary was where they were supposed to be or not. But regardless, when you're at the middle of your taxiway, there shouldn't be danger of your aircraft coming into contact with any other aircraft anywhere at all. So again, it may have been the smaller airplane's fault. I don't think so. We're gonna have to wait and see exactly, and the investigation will find out and Brand has always will learn from it will make commercial aviation safeer him. You know, when you go back and look at the history of accidents decade by decade, you're struck in the seventies and the eighties, even the nineties about how many plane disasters we had in the course of a single year. And so when we see something like this that takes place where okay, nobody was injured and we can learn from it. And then you look at the number of non accidents really that we've had decade after decade, it really just goes to show that we are learning from all of these incidents and we are making commercial aviation safer as a result, not only for us, but this information will be shared with airlines all over the world.
Speaker 2: That's a very valid point. Day, I'll learn from your own mistakes. You think Boeing would take that into your heart, right.
Speaker 4: Well, there's also a self reporting situation. If you and I are flying a flight of a commercial airline and we make a mistake, we're protected if we if we report our mistake, and we're encouraged to do so so that we can a learn from our mistake, have others learn from it, and then finally make sure that we try to provide information that would prevent future crews from making that same mistake. And it's maybe not done all the time, but it is reported a lot of times where these pilots will self report themselves with regards to something that took place. Now, there's a lot of times something happens where they are not as forthcoming as they should be. But many crews are that and hats off to those men and women because they're saying, look, Okay, we made a mistake we shouldn't have, but we're going to learn from it and hopefully other crews can learn from it as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Well, Paul, I'm going to bring Jay ratl look back. Continuing with our safety incident, apparently some serious ones regarding Southwest Airlines. We've got some cash fines for flight delays maybe coming and memories of nine to eleven and the way air travel has changed more with iheard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. After I get to mention someone I love or some people I love to mention, I'd be Wendy and Jeff, owners of twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven, and they have such a fantastic gun store and indoor range. Couldn't find a better one, and you couldn't find better people. As far as the owners, you're helping out so well, you're doing yourself a service going there. You got a great selection of firearms. Knowledgeable staff can walk you through the process. If you've never bought one before, the ultimate great equalizer. I strongly recommend it. I have bought several firearms from twenty two three. I've shot on the range bunch of times. You're never gonna find a better indoor range either. Membership options, become a member, never pay a lane fee. They got a whole bunch of different membership options. They have training classes, like even the concealed carry class, which is still important if you're planning on traveling with your firearm. A gunsmith, they have everything twenty two three again Route forty two between Mason and loved and learn more about the shop and tell Wendy and Jeff. Brian said, Hi, when you get in there, it's number twenty two, follow by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com fifty five the talk station.
Speaker 1: Men, if you're suffering from.
Speaker 2: Hey thirty nine, I think about kars De talk station Friday Eve bright time. It was a Loighthart media aviation expert Jay Rattle of pivoting over in terms of safety incidents, moving away from the tail falling off the airplane. Southwest Airlines, what's going on with this one?
Speaker 4: I've talked about a couple of Southwest incidents that have really been strange. One flight coming out of Honolulu that got to about one thousand feet and then all of a sudden, the plane started to descend to four hundred feet above the ocean before it resumed its flight only to determine there was weather issues and they had deturnent come back. Then m flight going into Omahall that was on final approach it should have been about three thousand feet. They were buzzing inighborhood at five hundred peopo and air traffic Control had to call them and say is everything okay? And they said yeah, why because you're a lot lower than you should be. Then we had a flight coming into Tampa in Southwest Airlines much lower than it should have been. So after all of these and more, the Federal Abation Ministration has opened up an investigation and Southwest Airlines has determined that it's a good time for their eleven thousand pilots to undergo a full one day of safety training. Over the next year, the eleven thousand pilots can be required to attend these safety sessions in hopes of reducing the number of these incidents and Brian when you look at Southwest pilots, these men and women lawinx military. I mean, these are individuals who are all stars. They know what they're doing. So when we had one situation over Honolulu, I thought, okay, maybe a new pilot who knows we'll figure maybe a maintenance issue that contributed. But to have one after another after another, and to be so low and not be aware of it is what just blows my mind. I'm thinking, how can you have two incredibly trained pilots at an altitude much lower than they should be and totally unaware of it. So we still don't know what caused those situations. But Southwest is saying and probably this is legally a preemptive move, you know, so that they can show the FA that, okay, we're trying to take care of the situation kind of as a business does.
Speaker 1: That's to remediate.
Speaker 2: Yes, the remediation steps very important in the law and the area of civil liability and legal liability.
Speaker 1: Cheese Louise, I just can't imagine.
Speaker 2: We'll look, well, see where it goes five hundred feet, man, you'll see that unless you're in an airport and someone's on final approach.
Speaker 4: Ran it was at twelve thirty in the morning, and it was waking people up out of their homes. They were calling nine to one one thing because something was wrong. Now there was something.
Speaker 2: Wrong, all right, Well, cash fines. Airline's gonna be facing fines for flight delays.
Speaker 4: Biden administration's at it again. And you know, I do not like much of anything of the Biden administration, but they continue to go after airlines and their full steam ahead. They're saying that there's a proposed rule that would actually require US airlines to provide compensation cash to passengers for controllable that's going to have to be in quotes, cancelations are delayed and delays of three hours or more. They're talking about. This could roll down the pike as early as January of next year, and it would certainly be a game changer for US passengers and certainly the US aviation world because this type of rules are in place in many other countries around the world and we are so late in getting there. Why Because it's the airlines. Many times it tells the government what they're going to do, not the other way around. And I'm really hoping that this goes forward, and I can promise you just like the transparency where the government wanted all the fees and everything's shown up front that the airlines fought. You can bet your bottom dollar airlines are going to fight this tooth and nail, Yeah, with their very powerful lobbying group, because they do not want this, because then they're going to be more accountable, they're going to have to do a better job, et cetera, et cetera. And I love it. I love the airlines being held accountable because they get away with a lot that's just kind of you know, they should be find a lot more than they are, but it's negotiated down to some incredibly low amount with the promise they'll never do it again, and far too many times they get away with things. So when I see this administration holding their feet to the fire, I'm going to say thank you. Look, when the Bide administration does something stupid, which is often, I'm going to point it out. And when they do things that I like, I'm going to point it out. And certainly that's the case here. And I don't know any other administration that has gone after the airlines like this. And I do know in the late nineteen nineties there was a move to make airlines more customer service oriented. In fact, there was talk at that time of reregulating the industry's industry from a standpoint of you guys are doing such a bad job, we may go back to the days of regulation, which we've not had since October of seventy eight, and Airlines Northwest included where I was at, we took it very seriously. We had complaint resolution officers CROs on every shift to try to show that we were responding to those complaints. And then, of course the attacks of nine to eleven happened and everything went from safety and or service over to you know, safety of the airplanes and customer service was an afterthought and we've never gone back since.
Speaker 2: Well, pause a little early in the break, but I'm going to take a break because I don't want to give you a short shift, short time on the nine to eleven memories and the way things were and the way things are now and hub delays. We'll get that one more with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliff, after I get to mention fast and pro roofing. I love referring people to fasten pro They are going to take fantastic care of you, and it begins with a free roof inspection and free quote. Maybe you know you're going to get a quote if you call and say I want my siding replace. So yes, that's work to be done to give you a quote. No problem there, but the roof inspection. You know, is there anything wrong with your roof? Do you know anything about roofs? I know my friend Steve called them for siding and while there they inspected his roof, which will do for you. Guess what, there were some things going on there, latent defects that could have given him a major problem down the road.
Speaker 1: He'sa man.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you enough for referrming me or for me relying on your recommendation on fast and Pro.
Speaker 1: They had to release my entire roof. I got the.
Speaker 2: Gutters gutter guards along with that, and the siding done. Gorgeous work. Could not be better for all roofs, residential and commercial and all types of roofs. And if you get a shingle replaced, and remember Fasten Pro's going to upgrade you automatically to the certainty Landmark Pro fifty year shingle. They also do things like skylights and solar plower blinds lots of different projects. Go to Fasten Faste and fastenproroofing dot com. Check out their amazing work and call for that free quote they enjoyed a plus with a better business bearer for good reason. Five one three, seven, seven four, ninety four, ninety five, seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five KRC dot.
Speaker 5: Com, Cincinnati. Did you know?
Speaker 1: One more time for the weather?
Speaker 2: Sunny, early clouds later eighty five for the high, clouds remainder went I get a few showers sixty three. Another cloudy day for the most part Tomorrow along with shower high of eighty two, a few showers overnight even sixty four for the low and on Saturday, partly sunny skies with a high of eighty five closing out at sixty one. Time for final travick Chuck Ingram from the UC Health Tramphic Center.
Speaker 6: Substance dependency is a treatable medical disease that affects both praying and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help call five one three, five, eighty five eight two two seven South pound seventy five continues slow through Lachland northbound, heaviest hat of Boro Binger into the cut North Pound four seventy one year hopping on the brakes from before Grand Althomble. Eight times have dropped under the fifteen minute mark. There's a record you've flitted hasbro Chuck Ingram on fifty five k see a talk station, Hey, forty.
Speaker 1: Eighth to five KRCD talk station. Very Happy Friday, Eve.
Speaker 2: To tech Friday with day Hotter Tomorrow in the meantime, one more time singing with Jay Rale. If you're talking reflections on nine to eleven, and a lot of things have changed since nine to eleven, including my view of life generally speaking. That guy fall jumping out of a window hedgested such a profound impact on the way I view the world. Jay, just contemplating all the bickering and the insignificant things that plague us each and every day. They're so unimportant. If you meet that moment in time where if you stick around in the room, you're gonna get burned to a crisp, or your other option is to jump ninety floors to your death. What's going into your mind at that moment in time when you're about to meet God. It's not what your neighbor's doing, or you know, just all the petty stuff would disappear and I can't imagine that, but just seeing that guy jump just absolutely just it impacted me from that moment in time forward and I still reflect on that an unbelievably life changing day.
Speaker 4: It was, And if you you know, yesterday, I spent time, as I tend to always do, on nine to eleven watching the documentary from the French Brothers were documenting firefighters not knowing anything months before and leading up to and they were in one of the towers when it collapsed, so it is a real time type of thing, and Brian, they could hear people jumping in the aftermath. It was just horrific. And you're right. And I remember that day because when the first plane hit, all the news sources were indicating that it was a small airplane. Yeah, so we're thinking, okay, what weather related, and of course my phone started blowing up. But when the second plane hit, we knew we were under attack. We knew it was bin laden, and we knew other airplanes were probably involved. The FAA and the FBI were giving monthly updates to the aviation industry and I was a part of them at the time where they were letting us know that Bin Laden had made some credible threats against the aviation world, which he had done before, and we were fearful that there might be explosives in check luggage. We were fearful of surface to air missiles. We were trying to prepare for a lot of different contingencies on what might take place. Now, when that second plane hit, we knew this was the attack that we had been warned about. Now, the FAA had a gentleman by the name of Ben Sliney who was the head of the FAA that when the second plane hit, we knew we were under attack. He made the call to ground every airplane in the sky immediately. He told the air traffic control centers, whatever is in your traffic pattern, you land them at the closest available airport. Now. Now, this has never been thought of, never been practiced. There was no game planned, There was nothing in the works that would prepare anyone for that order being given. Well, they did it. The air traffic controllers pulled it off, and we knew that any other plane that remained in the sky could be an object of concern. So the call was a great one to make. But Ben Sliney, who was head of the FAA Brian, that was his first day on the job and he made that call. So looking back, it was the perfect call at the right time. And of course it's changed commercial aviation because after that we began screening check luggage, thank god for that. They had and wanting to do that since the bombing of the panem flight over lockerby Scotland, but we didn't do it because we thought it was going to cost too much money. It just kills me that money is so often the pivot point where we're going to do something or we shouldn't. But we started screening check luggage, thank god for that after nine to eleven. And instead of the magnetometers for many times we used the full body imaging scanners. When we would walk through the magnetometers, it would never detect plastic or liquid explosives that could be strapped to our bodies under our clothes, only metal. So the full body imaging scanners would allow us to see if there's anything under the clothing like powder or liquid that could be used to bring an airplane down. Because in Russia we had two planes crash in a very short span of time where two passengers did have explosives strapped to their body that were detonated and brought both of those commercial airliners down. So flying now is certainly safer than it was before nine to eleven. There's absolutely no way to have a outer to that, because on a one scale of one to ten, we've probably gone from a four to a six, maybe a six and a half. But we've got other things we've got to do, and I'm concerned that we're not. Instead, we're trying to further reinforce the cockpit doors, and here we go again, trying to stop the last attack versus trying to predict what the next one could be. And a lot of times you spin your wheels in the wrong direction.
Speaker 1: Well isn't that the truth? All right?
Speaker 2: Pivoting over, we always end on hub delays, Jay Ratliffe, and I guess we'll in on hubb laze today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I mean New Orleans. Obviously, if you're flying anywhere to or near the Gulf Coast, you're not going to be getting anything because of the fact that right now we're seeing a lot of storms, that major storm coming across there, and it's causing all the flights in New Orleans, Baton, Rouge, Lafayette, all of those through there that are being impacted at the time, and that's going to continue throughout the course of the day. In fact, the flights to and through those areas are going to be impacted and Bran because of the scope of that storm. We're already seeing some flight cancelations in Atlanta, which is being impacted because of the size of this storm. Dallas could also be impacted. So pretty much anywhere towards the Gulf Coast region, you're gonna see some significant delays.
Speaker 1: You mentioned. That'll probably continue for the next several days as well.
Speaker 4: It will be in Airlines are doing a good job of canceling flights in advance, so just make sure they've got a way to get a hold of you. Fortunately, it's September, which is one of our slowest travel months of the year, May in September, so they're gonna have a lot of options if your flight is canceled, to give you much more so than had this happened let's say a month ago, when we were in the middle of an incredibly busy summer travel season.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Jay Radluff always enjoyable having on the program. I look forward to it every week and I'm already looking forward to next Thursday with another discussion. Stay well, my friend, and best of health you and your better half.
Speaker 4: Me to you as well, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother.
Speaker 2: Coming up in eight fifty five Ify five care City Talk Station records for Prosperities, Tim Ross filming for Donovan and Hill today on Southwest Ohio. Endorsed candidates are doing great work and you can help. AFP action dot Com give you all the resources you need, whether you've got a couple of hours that you can dedicate or maybe full time. Either way, I think they even have some paid positions to do some door knocking. So afpaction dot Com Todd Moore about this awesome opportunity. I don't know if he left it was two tickets or two thousand dollars apiece. You're doing ten barrel tastings and you're going to end up with three bottles of your own with your group of friends, and Pete Rose is going to be hanging out with you for a couple of hours. Will be signed by Pete Rose. You getting hate and a half by ten photograph of Pete Maybe with you. There's a lot of details, but there are only two tickets lefts only six available. Outstanding event and it all benefits a great organization that helps Squad and of course Jay Rattle at fifty five krs dot com get the information.
Speaker 1: I hope you have a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: I hope you can tune in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty. Stick around, folks, Glenn Beck is coming right up. See here about it.
Speaker 10: The United States will not be today.
Speaker 4: Hey, migrants camp.
Speaker 17: Get the latest at the top of the hour fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsor