Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one to one double JRIR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one double jrr.
Speaker 3: All right, Rock News brought you this morning by the Orlando Science Center. Will have some passes to give to you after this if that is of interest. Good place to maybe take the kids, park the kids for a hot summer afternoon.
Speaker 2: They got summer rolling up on us. It's perfect.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, sleep Token, They're even an Arcadia album tops the US album chart and again this becomes the second hard rock release in three weeks to debut at number one on Billboard after a significant drought for that category of rock music to land at number one. Love they land a top the Billboard Top two hundred with first week sales of one hundred and twenty seven thousand album units, plus then all the streaming on top of that. Congrats, Sleep Token got them coming to Orlando. Sold out show, and I know we still have some tickets last minute tickets between now and the show that you'll have a chance to win from us as well.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard. Hey, when you just said streaming. Don't forget We are running running this live on our new camera set up here.
Speaker 3: If you want to check out Rock News Facebook Live right now if you want to check that out. Yeah, it's another We talked about this yesterday. What a weekend for drummers. The Who fire drummer Zach Starkey for the second time in two weeks just after they announced this. You know, farewell sore Uh. Scott Devores will be the replacement. If you're familiar with Roger Daltrey's solo performances, Scott has drummed for him, so he knows the material and it's the It's it's Roger Pete's hope that fans will welcome him. As far as Starkey says, he goes, I was fired two weeks after reinstatement and asked to make a statement saying I had quit The Who to pursue my other musical endeavors. This would be a lie. Yeah, I love The Who and would never had quit. He's with him for like twenty three years. He said, I didn't make the statement, so that's it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then there's the whole Josh Freesmith Street with Foo Fighters of course. Josh the journeyman drummer who has performed with lots of bands over the years, but never fired from any of them. He joined the band in May of twenty twenty three as a replacement for the late Taylor Hawkins, who had passed away in twenty twenty two. Toured with Foos in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four. Out of the blue over the weekend, they called him. They called him, and he was like, I had no idea this was coming. I don't know what I've done.
Speaker 2: You've been in a band twenty three years and they fire you over the phone.
Speaker 3: No, No, No, this is.
Speaker 2: Hey? Is it is? It becoming clear that it's gonna be No.
Speaker 3: The hot rumor is that Shane Hawkins, the youngest son of the Lake Taylor Hawkins, will ultimately end up in that seat. We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good fit.
Speaker 3: Shane is doing some dates with Chevy Metal, the cover band that is out there, so we'll see. We'll see what happens. Josh is released if you want to. His social media is pretty funny. He just put out a top ten reasons why it might have been fired from the Foo fighters. It's all kind of inside baseball stuff. So you're familiar with the band, you'll get a kick out of that stuff. Okay, more love on the rocks in the Motley Crue camp. First it was news that Tommy Lee and uh and and what's your name Furlon had Brittany Furlon had parted ways over Tommy's party habits. That's that's the word on that. Now comes news that Motley Cruz singer Vince Neil has dumped his longtime girlfriend Rain Hannah over suspicion she was cheating on him. Really, they've been together for fourteen years, and the word is things went sideways when one of his assistants informed Vince that Rain had been having an affair. And apparently there's no proof that this is the case, but he was convinced nonetheless that I'm just going to end things with you after fourteen years.
Speaker 2: She I was, I just google iminted. Yeah, not bad that well? Hello Rain?
Speaker 3: Now James addiction Dave Navarro quote, no chance will ever play together again? James addiction. Of course, all that stemming from the Boston beat down in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It sucks, man, I love James just.
Speaker 3: Sounds like the bridge has been burnt beyond repair, with Perry Farrell Da've saying that over the weekend in an interview, this is kind of interesting. The New York Yankees will be handing out Billy Joel bobbleheads to the first eighteen thousand guests at their July eleventh game against the Chicago Cubs. Billy Joel and Rod Stewart will perform at a Yankee Stadium seven days later on July eighteen. That's cool. Wow, guarantee you it'll be a packed house that night the bibbleheads are given out. Nancy Wilson of Heart is singing Fight the Good Fight, which is one of the tunes on this new Triumph tribute album called Magic Power, coming out June sixth. Also on the release that you can hear her doing that. That's available on YouTube now in advance of the album's release. Also on that, Slash D. Snyder and Sebastian Bach pain tribute to the Canadian Triumph Great band, Great band, and some good news out of the def Leppard World. Vivian Campbell, their guitarist, played his first show with the band in eight months when they performed last Thursday in Puerto Rico, following then Ocean City, Maryland this past weekend. He has been sidelined and undergoing a bone marrow transplant and recovery is part of his ongoing treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma. Hit played for them in like eight months, So I'm good good for Vivian.
Speaker 2: That bone marrow trance that those that is painful.
Speaker 3: This kind of humorous from Guns n' Roses, and I gotta give Axel props for being a good guy about this. Guns and Roses posted on their socials about a fifty nine second clip of highlights or I guess you could say low lights of axle tripping and falling during various concerts over the band's career. It's just titled Welcome to the Jungle. Fantastic, good stuff, Good stuff From the Grave of Jim Morrison thirty seven years ago. The bust of Jim Morrison has been recovered by French police who were it was an unrelated fraud case that turned up the stolen bust of Morrison that had been ripped off from his grave. I think in nineteen eighty eight or something they finally found this thing, and uh, will they put it back at the grave site. It doesn't sound like it because I'm sure it would just be sullen again. But anyway, that's interesting after all those years. That shows back up. Good job of French police. What else we got, Oh, Jerry Cantrell announcing a US touring, Yes, we do have a date here in Orlando August twenty seventh that the House of Bluest Filter will be the opening act. Those tickets going on sale Thursday at ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's kind of an odd combo. Filter and Cantrelle. They've toured before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've toured together before, so they're very familiar with one another. Sure, Rock News you said we have some orlandos Science Center tickets to give away this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do. And again we're just gonna what do you think this morning? You just take a random caller.
Speaker 3: So clear the lines here and just take a stab here, Taco, whoever is on the other end, we'll give them to you.
Speaker 2: Four oh seven nine one six one oh one one Orlando Science Center passes for someone.
Speaker 3: Take the kids out there, jump on it.
Speaker 2: We're Orlando's rock station.