Speaker 1: Welcome to the one hundred and fifty sixth episode of the Supernatural Current Studies podcast.
Speaker 2: So Studiously Paranormal.
Speaker 1: My name is Jas, my name is Jason Knight, host of the show, and with me as always is mister Oscar, spector, producer extraordinaire and podcast co host Oscar. What has been going on since our last our last episode? What was our last episode? I'm trying to remember, Oh, you got the Yeah, that's the dream Man. That was a kooky little episode. The dream scenario guy dreams, right, yeah, the movie. Yeah, dream scenario. I really want to see long Legs. Speaking of that's going to be our next view. Is it really have you seen it yet? No? No, Okay, it's out. It's out. It's out this weekend, that's what. It's not out yet. No, I think it's out this weekend. So we're recording on a Thursday, So it's coming out. Are you going to uh to the movies to see it? You know? I actually I would consider that. Yeah, I avoid the movies like the plague.
Speaker 2: There you do, but I would. Meanwhile, I've gone twice this week already.
Speaker 1: Right, you're gonna go on your way home from I saw.
Speaker 2: Kevin Costler's Western movie yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, wait, all right, we have we have sown. So let's back up one second. The last. So, the last movies I've seen in the theater were Late Night with the Devil.
Speaker 2: That's right, awesome, fantastic. You saw that Despicable movie? Oh no, no, that wasn't your Ghostbusters. It's terrible, right, did not like it.
Speaker 1: I like some of the the fanfare, cool from you know, being an eighties child, but uh, otherwise garbage. But I would go see Long Legs for sure. Yeah, show dream snare right. That was our last episode. So we're back. What's been going on? It's been about a month. What's been going on with Shoe, Well.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been a month's been recorded after that, but I will what I will say is that since then, the time then shifted. Okay, guys, by the time this comes out, there's gonna be other holidays that have passed. But in our time period, fourth of July just recently passed on.
Speaker 1: This timeline, it did.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a recent thing that just happened. We're in it's not even mid July.
Speaker 1: Yet, right, Yeah, last week, last week, last week, not basically it was.
Speaker 2: It was exactly last week because we were going to record last week, and I'm like, oh, shure, I still come over and You're like, it's both of July, bro, you just come, I'll hang out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, you want to blow shit up and get drunk?
Speaker 2: Right right. I did not get drunk, but I would say I have fun. I had to hear at Jay's place, and for the first time, I think ever, I'm not one hundred percent because I don't remember my childhood that well. I went to a fireworks store.
Speaker 1: That okay, this was great, so let me just set it up a little bit. So we did some barbecuing, we were doing some drinking. I had fireworks here, not a ton, but yeah, for what we usually get, it wasn't a ton. Right. When we were coming home from New Orleans, we stopped in southern Illinois and there was like a roadside vendor, this cool old dude, and we bought a bunch of fireworks, brought him back home. Then we went to a place up in Wisconsin bought some more. But I like to kind of go back and forth with the neighbors, right, like who's got the better shit? So I wanted to get all these mortars things that opened up really nice flowers and things, and that's just so, that's what we're doing, having fun. Kids are lighting shit off. And but that wasn't enough. No, no, no, So my cousin Cory and Jenny, we're here, Corlando and Bond Quaker from listeners who have been with us for years might remember them. Corey said we need more. So then you guys disappeared. He was like, you want to come with us?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, sure, like you know, thinking that I've been to a fire hoarser and I did, and I equally part see why people are jealous of our country and why they hate us, and why why they think so little of us too. Explain no, just the general atmosphere of the people that congregated there, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is that like? Explain that?
Speaker 2: No, just very like very midwestern kind of like I don't say bluegrass is not right, but like very yeah.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Really it was a very busy.
Speaker 2: It was basically a supermarket. Think of a supermarket, but we just firewors everywhere instead of whatever you pick them out just like just like a cart. Yeah, I had I had a little basket because I only bought a couple of things, and uh, it was fun. It was like buy one, get one on everything, and then buy one, get two on the expensive stuff. So like they were just giving the ship like basically giving them out.
Speaker 1: Because this is on fourth of July.
Speaker 2: They got to clean out and your cousin got like four hundred dollars worth of stuff, no problem.
Speaker 1: Which is both go. So he yeah, right, doubled it doubled up in Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It was a lot I didn't know, like a lot of things I didn't know. It required idea, which makes sense and in retrospect like, oh yeah there are explosives. I guess you'd need some sort of idea or sign of waiver. And so that was that was interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was fine otherwise, so it was my first time.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 2: And then when we blew him up, we held our ground with your neighbors.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the stuff Corey brought back, yeah, yes, there was some intense stuff.
Speaker 2: You guys couldn't even wait till dark. No, you guys were like, just wait till it gets dark, but it's getting dark.
Speaker 1: That got eight thirty or nine. That's the one day a year I don't feel like a forty seven year old. I'm back to like twelve, right, you know, I just love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we also grew up, you know, loving that shit. A lot of kids don't do that no more these days.
Speaker 1: So I remember in Bridgeport on the south side. Yeah, it was like it was a war zone. It was literally a fucking war zone. Yeah. We had Chinatown. It's right on the border of Bridgeport and it kind of intermixes with Bridgeport quite a bit. So you had like all these Chinese dudes like running around on the ground on their bellies, launching bottle rockets at each other and at you and at neighbors houses, and there's like a war It was literally like a war man. And uh, you know we're talking about lines of firecrackers that go completely down the entire city block. Yeah, you know, homemade shows that that would rival something that like, you know, Wrigley Field or Socks Park. It was amazing. So that's what I grew up around, and I just loved it. And to this day, I have no problem spending money on fire X, love blowing them off, Love that my kids are into it, you know.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't say you're a kid, your youngest who is eleven night. He has almost become like a rare kid in the sense that a lot of kids have do not go up with firewars the same way, like it's being phased out a bit more like for them. They enjoyed the parade, they enjoy other aspects, but they're usually in bed by night time.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: No not us, no, not us no, no, no, no no. I try to find every scrap of something I can blow up. Yes, when I was a kid, and it was always in the alleys, it was never we never had driveways. So this is a Chicago residency, so there's no driveways, and so just an alleys everywhere. We take our bikes and we just see other people blow everything up. No matter where we go. I need di Russian, pick a Dirrectionian. You're gonna see a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I used to be big in collecting the duds the next day.
Speaker 2: Really so again in you try to break them and see more.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have a story. So again going back to Bridgeport the next day, this war zone, it was like a treasure treasure trove for me to find all these duds, rockets and you know, shells and whatever was spent you know then a lot of these things had these bright, colorful packages, and I would just put them in garbage bags and bring them home. Yeah, and my dad and stuff was like, what are you doing with this shit? Get rid of it. One time I collected a bunch of duds and things that just fell to the ground, and I cracked them open and I dumped out all of the gunpowder into a nice pile. My dumb ass. And again, I must be my son's age, like eleven, twelve years old, maybe even ten. I take a match and I'm on my knees and I'm looking over this little pile of gunpowder of shit that I took out of these fireworks, and I lit a match and I put it to that pile right through my face. I must have closed my eyes at the last second. It could have blinded me. Yeah, I had like sulfur burns on my face. I singed, my eyebrows and my eyelashes. That thing that flared up must have went two feet over my head, damn, and my face was right in it. Oh, it was great. I mean, that's what we did. Crazy, They don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why the commercials and that the era the television were often asked their parents, it's eight pm.
Speaker 1: Do you know where your kids are?
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, judge that's why people had through my parents know you have children? You you brought a human I did make that trends. So before we get to your pyromatic maniac son of yours, I sent you. I send you three pictures right now. Yeah, there was an accident in Chicago, a fireworks accident with this guy.
Speaker 1: Had that happened to him? Fucking ship Oscar?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Had that happened to him? Not too far from where my brother lives, where I used to live in the North Side.
Speaker 1: Is that all? Yeah? It is? Oh, this is the guy that the mortar uh huh.
Speaker 2: He went over to stand over because it stopped, and he went to stand over to see if he could relight it, and the mortar went right to his face.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened. There is no head left. I know, how did you get these photos? I have a police officer front, so I read the because I mean, like you, everyone read it. Everyone's reading it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course that's what happens to him though fire works like cautionary tail there folks, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I know Oscar he's got no fucking head. I know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to truck you. That's that's a real one. Yeah, that's from the scene.
Speaker 1: Oh mm hmm hmmm. And you know what's really fucking crazy is I didn't see these obviously. I saw the picture of the dude, right, you know, just just a normal kind of normal Yeah, normal kind of skinny looking dude.
Speaker 2: And holy shit, yeah, at least it was instant, I guess, God, I hope.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I mean, this is something you can't even describe a picture like this. No, no, you can't. I can't believe that it's the dude I read about. Yeah, I figure you wouldn't know that story. So I don't think I want to put these. I mean, we're talking about them. There's probably people out there like fucking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No, I don't think we should.
Speaker 1: That's pretty pretty pretty now, Yeah, this looks like it could have been your next door neighbor the garage, right, exactly. So many backyards are so many looks like the alley we had well waited to rail the show Oscar.
Speaker 2: Who we're talking about fire archs and shit more appropriate and it's the only appropriate time to bring that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen. I yeah, I don't even know. There's no head, there's no head left, and you'll see it all. Yeahs, I'm not gonna thank you for sharing that one. I'm gonna have nightmares on that. Maybe I'll teach you that gunpowder before it. But you're so I mean, how wrong, how it could have gone? So? Yeah? Right there? Well you remember tattoo Joe, Yes, yes, uh, he's a very thankfully and he works with his hands as his job. Yeah, I mean has an incredibly successful tattoo shop in Chicago, the Tat Cave. Go check him out, kid Joe. He took one of those mortars and he held the tube above his head. What and that the tube exploded and he lost his right hand ring, finger and pinky and they had to sew it back on the sow, that whole fucking chunk back on. Wow. And now that's his hand, that was his tattoo hand. Now he's he's still able, lucky that, I mean, yeah, he does. They did a good job on him. The surgeons did a great job on him. The same thing, I mean, held that mortar above his head, why don't fucking know? R and the he had it on an angle so he didn't the mortar didn't leave the tube. Fucking tube exploded, took off those two fingers. That's crazy, that's insane. Wow. Yeah, we don't. We don't really get fireworks that are that powerful.
Speaker 2: No, but yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: And I think it was what's called an X there's like one X, two x three X, and they essentially shoot up like order half in full sticks of dynamite depending on what X you get. And that's what he had exploded. So I could only imagine what this poor bastard had that took his head off. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: What he had obviously was a legal estate. Probably, yeah, I need know to.
Speaker 1: Drink a whiskey.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know that. Uh so, making it hopefully a little funnier. Now, your son, after we'd finished everything, you went into the pool and you were drunkie. You were drunken happy. You warmed up your pool. You went into it. You kept saying, okna come in. I'm like, I don't have shorts, and then I was like, that's okay. I always forget to bring something. And then your son comes out into the backyard. This after we blew up all the fireworks, and you were asking me, go find fireworks.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be some. And we did.
Speaker 2: We find a surprisingly amount of little things that we could still pop off and.
Speaker 1: Explode, and we did. We did those.
Speaker 2: After we did those, your son took the blowtorch whatever we were using and started setting everything on fire. I do in the backyard. So what I mean by everything, I mean like anything that was the packaging or the boxes of where the fireworks came out of.
Speaker 1: He was setting on fire.
Speaker 2: At one point, the chair, one of the chairs of launchers was on fire and I was like, I have to take it out, and like I stopped it with my foot.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: After I did that, twenty minutes later he's setting that the remains of what I put out back on fire.
Speaker 1: I found it the next day, and it.
Speaker 2: Kept asking you, like, Dad, can I sit this on fire? You're like, no, Dad, can't set this on fire.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: At like twenty times You're like, yeah, fine, go ahead, and he score.
Speaker 1: Parenting.
Speaker 2: He wears you down, he wears he down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I found that mess the next day. I wasn't ilted. Oh, there was a lot to clean up, but a lot to the pool was fucked. Yeah. It took a new hours to clean right, guys.
Speaker 2: He had the pool open, right, and he kept saying, like, away from the pooluys, I don't wind anything falling into the pool. Of course, things fell into the fucking poole so bad.
Speaker 1: One of them went so directly in it. It was nothing but comical. Yeah. Yeah, the fourth of July, I got blessed America. Ye we needed was a fucking eagle flyover. Man. It's funny even though it was last week, Like I totally forgot that that happened, like so much has happened since. Yeah, it just knocked it right out of my head. Missying.
Speaker 2: If it turns out to be an arsonist, we understand everything.
Speaker 1: Give that kid a blowtorch and gunpowder for it. Did he help you clean up? The day after? They did that night? Later that night, oh, later on that my daughter, her boyfriend Nico, they all went out there and they took at least one big garbage bag of stuff out to the damn the garbage canon. I guess that was enough for them, because when I went out the next day there was still a ton of shit. No. Yeah, they were like, we're done. We did we did, assholes. Yeah, that's kids are always like that though, for sure. But yeah, you know, no good because I wasn't sure what to talk about that fourth of July. Fantastic.
Speaker 2: So if you're feeling when this happened, when this airs three thousand years from now, I don't know when.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking like September. I'm thinking this should be September.
Speaker 2: When this airs, and you're feeling like, oh my god, I haven't felt patriotic since last fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Man, that was so long. It was only three months ago. Nope, we got you. We're stories got from three months ago. Yeah, wondrous. Love it, love it, Oscar. I've got a I've got a fun one tonight. I can't wait to see what you think, what your opinion is. Okay, I know tonight yet again nothing, I didn't tell you anything. So with that said, why don't we take a quick break. Let's do it, refill our little whiskeys. Yes, and we're back. All right, listeners, welcome back to the show. Well, the lights are turned down low, the ceremonial candle is lit, and the drinks are flowing. Let's start this show, Oscar. What are we what are we drinking here? It is a whoa? You have the bottle. It is a Calumet Farm sixteen year It's pretty good. I like it. I like it too. It's the citation. It's named after a after a horse, a triple triple crown winning horse citation, and it's good one hundred and six proof.
Speaker 2: Do you think the horse's kids get any of the royalties?
Speaker 1: They should? They should, But I know that this it smells stronger than but it is smoother when it goes down though. Yeah, yeah, it was nice move. I like this. And then we had nineteen barrels in this entire batch, so it's uh, it was a little pricey. Well, what's a little pricey. It was a few hundred. It was a celebratory bottle that I bought.
Speaker 2: It's in the outakes, and then you're telling me not to put.
Speaker 1: It in it might be so yeah, there we go. Oscar trure Falls. Educational institutions schools, right, they're typically regarded as safe havens, right, No, not in America, not in Chicago, not in America at all. You know that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Should I bring up Columbine and every school after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, good point. They should be because going off right now, they should be safe havens.
Speaker 2: Wait, they definitely should be.
Speaker 1: Parents said their kids to school expecting top notch instruction, structure, safety, and even some mild discipline when needed. Okay, school should really and Katie and I we really believe this. It should be an extension of the home and the home and extension of the school, parents and teachers collaborating with one another to ensure our kids grow to be well adjusted, functioning adults with the skills needed to positively contribute to society. Okay, schools should be far removed from tales of witchcraft, demonic possession, and paranormal assaults. Right assaults, paranormal assaults. Okay, of course, this shit don't belong in schools. Goes without saying, well, Harry Potters in schools, fair touche. I'm sorry, I'm gonna just end this whole thing. Oh yes, but this, yes, but yeah, goes without saying. But this is the Supernatural Occurrent Studies podcast, where things are never what they seem. Tonight, our story takes us down to Miami, Florida, in the late nineteen seventies, to the Little Havana neighborhood, where a horrifying event took place at a military school called the Miami Aerospace Academy. Now, this instant incident, happily referred to as the Miami Aerospaith Academy incident, whether it's real or not, left the permanent staying on students' staff and emergency responders who experienced it. And today, almost forty five years later, the story continues to captivate and terrify. And I want you to keep in mind that as we go through this story, there are many many eyewitnesses that saw firsthand what happened and vouch for its authenticity. We're talking police officers, firemen, reporters, teachers, not to mention, countless students, and there were even news stories written about it. Actually, I left one of those articles from the Miami News in the show notes, so listeners make sure and check out the show notes for this episode. I left quite a few things there for you. So this event did happen, It is real. What it was, however, is open for debate. Okay, So, in the days leading up to Halloween nineteen seventy nine, something inexplicable occurred at the Miami Aerospace Academy that defied all rational explanation, something that many consider to be the most significant paranormal event in the history of the US, or the largest example of mass hallucination our country has ever seen. Maybe even stranger still is that this thing, this event, whatever it was, literally came out of nowhere, and just as quickly as the insanity started, it stopped just as fast, and everything at the Miami Aerospace Academy went back to normal.
Speaker 2: Kind of okay, not knowing what this is about, never heard of the story. I went to Miami this year for the first time ever, So that's a little interesting there, you go. I definitely didn't what you told me about this before. I might have sought this place out, you know, I had the Knights free there.
Speaker 1: Oh Miami Nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh, this gets good, This gets I almost want to guess, throw guesses, but that's not going to help continue.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, to understand this story, we must first understand a bit about Miami in the nineteen sixties and seventies.
Speaker 2: Fucking hot it is, That's what I'll tell you now.
Speaker 1: Miami, specifically Little Havana, where the Aerospace Academy was located, was comprised of transplants and exiles from South and Central America and the Caribbean, and these people brought with them their exotic religions and beliefs, and as a result, Miami, the magic city, good show, by the way, had a strange allure for the devil. Ritualistic magic was commonplace in Little Havana, and it was common knowledge and strongly believed that malevolent spirits and demons could and would prey upon the weak, the misguided, and the uninitiated. This arcane information was passed from elders to the young, and in turn, the young brought these beliefs into the streets and into the classrooms. One article stated that it wasn't uncommon to see little children in Little Havana playing in the streets amidst remnants of dark rituals, scattered cigar stubs, cigarette tobacco, fruit liquor bottles, flowers, and even severed chicken heads and castro pamphlets. Whole Castro comes into this, Oh, in no way he does. In the seventies in Miami, are you kidding me? Exactly? Yes? Yes, Little Cuba, Little Havana, Yeah, you don't say. Now. Keep in mind, a few years before the events at the Aerospace Academy in nineteen seventy three, a terrifying film, The Exorcist. You might have heard of it was released and sent shivers down the spines of moviegoers. A year later, in nineteen seventy four, the Sarasota Tribune reported that Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital treated an astonishing seven hundred cases of supposed demonic possession every month, likely a direct result of spiritual paranoia brought on by The Exorcist. Wow, that movie really fucked people over. It did so much to the collective unconscious, absolutely one hundred percent, and I'd argue it still does today now. In that same year, seventy four, a very spooky incident occurred when a nine year old girl standing in a church in Little Havana uttered the words I Am Satan in a voice that observers swore wasn't her own, terrifying everybody. Then, in seventy six, yet another movie centered around a demonic child was released, The Omen and in the same year Stephen King's Carry. So it's theatrical release. Yeah, a movie about an abused and outcast high school girl with unimaginable psychic powers to the kinetic powers, Yeah right, good. Then, just a few months before the incident at the Aerospace Academy a few months before a wildly popular movie about a deep and possessed house splashed across the silver screens in July seventy nine. And you guess what that is, Amityville. Amityville Horror. That's right. So it's safe to say that in the mid to late seventies into the eighties, America was in the grip of a satanic panic, and places like Little Havana where belief in magic and the supernatural and the demonic were rooted in the very fabric of a neighborhood. The panic grip and the rest of the US only added fuel to what would become one of the most mind boggling and downright bizarre episodes in American education history. Now, So you know, and you could probably imagine, there's a ton of unanswered questions when it comes to what actually happened at the Miami Aerospace Academy on October twenty fifth, nineteen seventy nine, so just a few days before Halloween. Right, We're not going to solve anything in this episode, but what we do know is that violence, desperation, black magic, and an exiled headmaster obsessed with power all mixed together into kind of this gumbo and formed this perfect storm, a paranormal explosion of epic proportions. So let's get into it. Let's get into what happened, and then we'll talk more about some of the factors that might have contributed to this insane school day. All right, So, at approximately eight thirty in the morning on October twenty fifth, nineteen seventy nine, at the Miami Aerospace Academy, a female student suddenly jumped up from her desk and sheered terror and bolted out of her classroom and ran screaming down the hall to the girl's bathroom. A small group of her friends followed after the girl and chased her into that bathroom, worried that you know, for their friend's safety and well being. Now, once in the girl's bathroom, the group encountered their friend in complete hysterics, thrashing around on the bathroom floor while shouting over and over, the devil is inside me, the devil is inside me. And as if this spectacle wasn't creepy enough to the group's absolute horror, their friend levitated just lifted right up off the bathroom floor. Now, while this nightmare is unfolding in this girl's bathroom. In a completely different part of the school, in a completely different classroom, two male cadets or students, Remember this is a military students are cadets. Two male cadets suddenly jumped up from their desk and started beating the shit out of each other for absolutely no apparent reason, like they weren't friends or anything. Well, they were, that's what kind of weren't rivals? Witnesses claim The boys tossed each other around the classroom with what was described as superhuman strength, and one cadet was actually thrown out of the classroom's second story window and he plummeted to the concrete ground below. Not unbelievably, this kid got up completely unscathed, and when the teacher grabbed him to see if he was okay, the teacher said that the kid's eyes were glowing red and that he was growling like a wild animal. The kid said, leave me alone in a voice that was in his own, and he tossed this teacher like a rag doll, and then the kid just ran off. Now by this time, news of the levitating girl in the bathroom with the and this kid that fell out of the window with glowing red eyes, growling, tore through the school like wildfire, and that was it. From there, this mass, I don't know what it was, mass possession, mass hallucination, ripped through the school like a tidal wave. Cadets both male and female, ran through the halls, screaming, growling, destroying property and claim. Witnesses claim literally ripping classroom doors off their hinges in just terrifying displays of superhuman strength. Other students crawled through the hallways on all fours like hell hounds, it was described, while others convulsed and thrashed on the floor as if overtaken and possessed by unseen forces. Students that weren't affected by this terrifying phenomenon ran from their classmates in pure terror, from people who just a short while before were their friends. Were normal. Yep, it was pure pandemonium.
Speaker 2: Teachers were affected too.
Speaker 1: No, oh, no, this just affected the students, Okay. Now, the police were called. Cops, paramedics, firemen rushed to the scene. Emergency personnel said the scene was completely chaotic and they likened it to a riot. They said it was a parent that a lot of the kids were trying to get away from something, and that they seemed to be terrified of their fellow classmates. Reports said that kids were making wild animal noises and gnashing their teeth. Others ran around thrashing violently, and kids who were once friends were now acting more like predators in prey.
Speaker 2: It became like survival of the Jungle style kind.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, it's almost like a Lord of the Flies maybe a little. And those who weren't affected by whatever this was begged the police and firemen to protect them from their classmates. When students we were asked who started the riot, multiple students responded simply the devil. Others said they didn't know, it just happened. The chaos started around eight thirty in the morning, and by about noon that day, the affected kids snapped out of it, and just like that, the devil exited the Miami era Space Academy, leave them behind a lot more questions and answers in a neighborhood already prime to believe in the supernatural terrified.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, first, when you were describing the red eyes and even the walking reminded me like these was these kids affected by Zuel, You know what I'm saying. I even felt like Ghostbusters the first one, or like Reggie McNeil crawling on the ground Reagan McNeil. I also think of like a what's his name? Gallo, the Italian horror filmmaker, did movies like Demons with the eyes. He would focus a lot on the eyes and stuff. He did a lot of movies Italian horror. It's a it's a gentle era in the seventies, actually in sixties, seventies to the eighties, so he might have made a few movies that looked like this a little bit. So it reminds me of that also reminds me of like the faculty a little bit, but reverse it and so the teachers as the students.
Speaker 1: I like that movie the fact I always liked that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it doesn't make sense, but it's good. When does class start at a thirty then?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, they were already in class sitting down. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Its military said the place start even earlier.
Speaker 1: Good point, good point. Yeah, I didn't see that. For me was like nine, you know, when I was this cool?
Speaker 2: Okay, immediately try to think of like what are what could be reasons that isn't supernatural?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That it might be going on here. The first one is a hoax. Hard to pull off, hard to be a hoax.
Speaker 1: Hard to fall out of a second story.
Speaker 2: Window and be okay, like okay, like he was fine, like s I mean, I actually jump off the garage roof of my house all the time. But that's not two floors, one floor or one No, I guess it is one change.
Speaker 1: You're right, does wind ingress? Yeah, No, this was I don't know. I don't know. Okay, it gets, it gets. There's some possible explanations here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thinking of the power of suggestion of some kind. Yes, you know, i'd have to there have to be some sort of at least cursory study of Cuban I don't think human specifically, because most of them are Catholic, most of them are They follow pretty much what we follow here.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a hop skip. Cuba is ninety miles away from us. There is that deep rooted belief in right, but there's also there's also other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was trying to think it's some sort of suggestive thing. Maybe if we study their their customs and or the religion or whatever branch of division or religion they're doing, we can surmise them maybe the data is significant in some way, or someone religiously meaningful to them died, or the opposite, something negative or an omen of some kind was sprouted in some way that led them to have that power suggestion act out.
Speaker 1: But these are kids. What's the age groups? This is an academy that covers from the young to you know, high school, elementary to high school like that that far because there's there's talk of one kid who is nine years old, and then there's also like senior age, so at eighteen nineteen. Yeah, seemingly to affect everyone equally and not equally like it was. Yeah, yeah, it seemed to you know, that's a good question too. None of the articles really break it down by students age necessarily.
Speaker 2: I would do immediately statistics like were most of them in high school age? Which makes you think like it's pubity attached to this in some way, like post previty eras when you're more affected.
Speaker 1: There's your Carrie White from Carrie White.
Speaker 2: That's a perfect one. The very opening scene she gets gets your period right, he breaks loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I never really. I mean there's kids that they interviewed. There's certain kids that talk about they seem to be older like your junior senior, but something bad happened to this night.
Speaker 2: And then also I would like try to limit down. Were they all Cuban specifically or were they mixed bag?
Speaker 1: And that's what makes it so interesting too. There were so many eyewitnesses to this, news stories about it. Something happened, but there was never really follow up. As far as I could find, any in depth research into this, it was either yep, this is what it was. Move on, school's gone, it's spoiler, everything's done, it's gone, it's closed. Everyone forgot about it. Basically, no one knows about it. Everyone forgot about this.
Speaker 2: I definitely never heard about it.
Speaker 1: And I'll talk about it later. There's a Facebook page. Again, check the show notes. I put a link to this Facebook page of the Miami Aerospace Academy, like alone, and no one on the fucking page talks about it. It's like it never happened around it. It's the strangest. Yeah, there was And again, listeners, you can see this on the Facebook page. There was a reporter kind of sniffing around in this group and asking people, and the people get so defensive, why would you bring that up? It's all bullshit, blah blah blah. Move on, you know, find something better to do with your reporting, report on something real, like they flat out deny it.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is a seventies thing?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 2: Or like you know, because you.
Speaker 1: Know they say, like these these group of people who inhabited Little Havana during that time were prime to believe. Dude, America was prime to believe at that time in this stuff. We were sure for all the reasons. I quoted your Exorcist, You're yeah, you're a Satanic panic, which is called generally the Satanic Panic movies and things. So yeah, America was prime to believe too, I think. And well, I don't want to give away anything right now, right, okay, okay, okay, with me so far interested. From the October twenty sixth, nineteen seventy nine Miami News headline, police baffled by kids Ouiji riot. The article reads, in part quote, the mass hysteria that drove students temporarily berserk at a military style private school on West Flagler Street began when several students playing with the wigi board suddenly felt that a spirit took it over. A teacher said today, everybody just got carried away. That was a riot. The teacher, Ileana Vissidio, told the Miami News there were girls crying and screaming that there was a spirit inside the Wiji board. Police said that they were baffled by the outbreak yesterday at the Miami Aerospace Academy, which they said led to mass hysteria that had students kicking walls, tearing at doors, talking of witches, and screaming about demons. The whole school went berserk, said Miami police officer Harry Cunnell. End quote. Now I'm jumping to another part of the article here. Quote one student, Jose Navarro thirteen, a seventh grader, said that during the commotion yesterday, everybody felt weak. Me and my friends made a cross. He said that students felt that a demon or something was around. The article continues quote another student, who refused to give her name, said that students sometimes play a game in which they chant bloody Mary, bloody Mary, bloody Mary. In a dark bathroom. All sorts of things happen, she said. Quote. Then the article goes on to quote a fireman talking about students lying on the floor in a hysterical state and It also mentions a hypnosis session going on in a tenth grade science class, and that could have been the catalyst to this whole infernal ordeal. Very interesting. Now, of course this is out of the article. Now this is me, this is my story. Now out of the article. Of course, the academy denied any hypnosis session was going on right before the event, and the Academy's headmaster, its owner, the strange power hungry man I mentioned earlier, although not by name, a man named Evaristo Marina or el Heni Ral. He claimed the whole event was politically motivated, that his critics set up the whole thing to embarrass him and ruin any chance he had at a political career in Miami. So what was it? Was it a mass hallucination brought on by a hypnosucession gone wrong? Was it El Henny Raw's critics trying to sabotage his political career? Did Ougi's spirits overtake the students, or did the devil himself pay a short visit to the Miami Aerospace Academy back in October seventy nine. Like I said earlier, we'll never know what was at the route. But again, this did happen. This really happened. So let's take a look at a few things. First, let's dig a lot deeper into the head of the Miami Aerospace Academy, Headmaster Ivaristo Marina el Heni Rau, because there's actually there's a lot to this guy. Now. Ivaristo, like most little Havana at the time, he was a Cuban exile, and the general's goal was to make it big in politics here in the States. Just like a lot of Cuban exiles who at one time held prominent positions in Cuba, lawyers, doctors, police officers, stuff like that. When they got here to America, that shit didn't matter. So you had these former lawyers and doctors whatever, working as bus boys and manual laborers once they got to America. And Iva Wristo was no different. You see, in Cuba, President Falencio Batista appointed Eva Risto the General Director of Public Order. So here we have Ivaisto in his twenties being in charge of Cuba's nightclubs, casinos and the police force over there in Cuba. Quite a life for a young men, right, money, women, clout, and a very real sense of power and authority. Fortunately, though disaster loomed. You see, Ivaristo also earned a law degree at the University of Havana, where he often found himself in heated debates over Marxism with the fellow student named Fidel Castro. Now, when Castro formed a revolutionary group that would successfully overthrow Patista's government, Ivristo Marina became a target. It said that Castro even had a bounty on Marina's head. So in nineteen fifty nine, Ivaristo fled Cuba to the US with an intense, burning desire to rise to power like a phoenix from the ashes, and he carried with him the ambition of someone who had lost something huge, and he did now again. Like many immigrants, Ivorisco discovered that his past position in clout in Cuba meant fuck all here in the States, and he was forced to take up odd jobs, starting as a busboy and waiting tables at Miami's upscale Biltmore Hotel. There he served dinner to fellow Cuban politicians seeking refuge, a group known as the Cuban Rotary Club of Exiles. When Ivristo's shifts would end, he would shut his apron and join in on political discussions. Even as a twenty five year old waiter, Ivristo proudly declaimed his aspiration to someday become Miami's mayor. However, he could only secure a coaching position for soccer at the Florida Air Force Academy in Melbourne, associated with the US Army's Junior Reserve Officer Training Corpor ROTC, people known as ROTC. Now. It was during this low point of waiting tables and longing for the grandeur he once had, that Ivristo had an idea and saw an opportunity to establish a specialized school that would combine Cuban discipline with American military values. To fund his idea, Ivristo started a beverage company called Iron Beer Soft Drinks, likely inspired by a popular Cuban soda with the same name, Iron Beer. To gain credibility, he joined the Civil Air Patrol, which is like an auxiliary of the United States Air Force, and he rose to the rank of lieutenant colonel, but never to rank of general, although he would insist his cadets and staff refer to him as el Chineyrau the General. In nineteen sixty eight, Iveristow sold his beverage company and used those profits to establish his academy, and he specifically strategically chose the name Aerospace Academy to evoke images of spaceships and astronauts, a concept that resonated with the space crazed culture of America at the time, and he targeted traditional Hispanic parents with his marketing efforts. Iveristow emphasized his belief in the importance of command authority, and he revoked any kind of vice, saying that since he didn't smoke or drink, his cadets wentn't neither, which resonated with neighborhood parents. Everisto, if anything, was really a great marketer, and his only unfortunate advice, His only unfortunate advice was his hunger thirst for power. So in nineteen sixty eight, the Miami Aerospace Academy opened its doors. Now, at first, attendance was low. His neighborhood parents couldn't afford the sixty five dollars a month tuition, which is about four hundred and fifty two dollars in today's money, but it wasn't uncommon for Everisto to pay for kids to wish out of his own pocket. He ran commercials for the academy in South America. He even pulled kids out of juvenile detention centers, the quote unquote bad kids, and changed their names so neighborhood parents wouldn't know the kind of kids their kids were being mixed up with. Get the bodies in act like enrollment is up, attract more students. It was a ploy. Now it remains a mystery how he's able to do this, But Evaristo even managed to somehow get a decommissioned US Air Force F eighty four fighter jet, a supersonic aircraft that at one time ripped through the Korean skies, and he navigated it through the streets of Miami during rush hour in nineteen seventy two during the Jets commute. It damaged several palm trees and scratched parked cars, and Iveristo mounted that jet right on top of the entrance to his academy, effectively attracting military obsessed boys and their fascinated fathers. Wow. As a side note, later on, cadets would insist that this F eighty four was cursed, haunted by the tormented soul of a pilot burned alive during battle. Now cursed jet. Aside before you knew it. The academy was chock full of students, both male and female, kindergarten through twelfth grade, with some students paying up to six grand a year about fifty two thousand dollars in today's money. Needless to say, Eva Wristo and his method of teaching and discipline became a hot commodity for parents in Little Havana. Now, like all our stories, I did a ton of research for this story, and all I can say is if the school was strange. It's really hard to put a finger on whether or not it was a good place or it was a bad place. On one hand, you got past students claiming that this was the best place in the world, and they credit the Aerospace Academy and Evristo Marina for saving their lives, for setting them on the right career path, and for doling out the discipline they desperately needed. And on the other hand, you have people saying the Academy was the worst place in the world. They claimed that cadets were oppressed by the institution and that they were in constant fear of their teachers and of Eva Risto himself, never knowing when a cricket bat would be used across their asses for the slightest infraction. Wow. Varisto implemented forced haircuts, uniforms, lots of marching, physical abuse, fear, paranoia, all the ingredients for breaking down the body, which in turn would break down the mind, brainwashing, reprogramming, total control. There are even rumors of sexual abuse. Just an incredibly negative environment to some right now. As I mentioned, there's a Facebook page called Miami Aerospace Academy nineteen sixty eight to nineteen seventy eight, and you can see academy alums talking about their experiences at the school and honestly, what they say it's all over the board. Interesting though interestingly though they say very little about that day the devil supposedly took over the school back in October seventy nine, And again I left a link to the aerospace alum Facebook page in the show notes. Check it out for yourselves and see what you think. Now. As for the teachers under Everisto's employee, I read that he didn't even hire accredited teachers. Instead, he in general because he hired non accredited teachers quote unquote teachers so we could better control them. Everisto called these people his colonels and majors, and they wound up being more like his henchmen and hench women, doling out harsh punishments to cadets at whim. When questioned about his hiring practices, Everisto expressed his reservations about bringing in actual certified teachers from the state of Florida, claiming that they might be homosexual, an idea that deeply infuriated him. He made it clear in his school that the mission is to help students combat communism, drugs, and what he referred to as homosexualism. Everisto, even when as far is installing microphones in the school bathrooms wow, and conducting inspections every five minutes to ensure no homosexualism. It's not even a word. I don't think was going down in his bathrooms. That's how serious he was about this stuff. That's crazy. Is serious way to hate, right, yeah? Yeah, and please, I'm not saying that every teacher at the Miami Aerospace Academy was bad or that they were abusing cadets because they weren't. A lot of kids and their families actually loved the academy, with some students going on to join the military, some became doctors and lawyers, one became a respected journalist, and one actually joined the space industry. All I'm saying is that most of the stories I've read really emphasize the callousness of the staff and the abuse and Ivoristo's insatiable thirst for power. One former cadet compared the power hungry headmaster to former US President Donald Trump and his uncrunchable thirst for power and control. Take that ho you will, right, that's the cadets thought, not mine. It was even whispered among the cadets that eva Risto Marina was a practicing Santero, a male practitioner of Santaia, and many accused him of practicing black magic to try and conjure his way into political power. It was reported that on occasion, students found dead chickens and other symbols of ceremonial magic lying around campus.
Speaker 2: Like on the outside and the inside.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know, Okay, they're just around campus, it said, Was this the proof that eva Risto was practicing some sort of black magic to force his way into Miami politics? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Some of this feels kind of like, uh also Haitian like da voodoo stuff. Oh chicken bones. And you think chickens were used a lot at least voodoo in general, like they're part of it in the culturals. Like, guys, I don't know if it's actually true, don't know for sure. I think of witch doctors, you know, from that from that land and that era, not just Haiti, mind you, but America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that. Now, whatever was happening with ceremonial magic and dead chickens, it didn't work because when Ivristo ran for Miami City Commissioner in nineteen seventy two and in the process diverted Academy profits to pay for his campaign, Ivaisto ultimately failed, and as a result, the Miami Aerospace Academy was forced to file bankruptcy in nineteen seventy three, although it continued to operate for several more years. Right Actually, Iveristo would launch many failed attempts at a political career, and with each attempt, his money and his attention were divided, diverted further and further away from the Academy and away from upholding the Academy's mission of cadet betterment. Instead, we have reports of physical and sexual abuse, a frightened and repressed cadet population, a power hungry headmaster that may be practicing black magic, and there's rampant miss management and lack of funds. We're in a bad situation here, a powder keg, some might say, just to give you an idea of where Ivristo's mind was. Immediately after the explosive incident in October nineteen seventy nine, when he was questioned by reporters, Ivristo dressed in pristine white, which is eerily reminiscent of how Centeo's dress, by the way. When questioned, he vehemently refuted any notion of supernatural involvement in the riot, dismissing the claims with an air of annoyance, and he said, quote such matters have no place within these walls his genuine concern. His genuine concern, however, seemed to stem not from the welfare of the children in his charge, but from the potential impact on his political aspirations. Paranoia tinged Evristo's words as he spoke about the event. Quote, someone has manipulated the children, a calculated ploy in the final week before the election to undermine me over time and from years of neglect, the grim reality of the Miami Aerospace Academy school building were finally laid bare. An investigative expose a by the Miami Herald unveiled a shocking truth. The Miami Aerospace Academy existed with them within a realm untethered by regulation, unbirded by licensing, bereft of accreditation, and devoid of supervision. Two city investigators ventured inside the academy's decaying walls, and what they discovered was a landscape of object squalor. For example, children resorted to bathing and bathtubs tainted by the repugnant presence of backed up feces. There was rampant accusations of abuse and rape. One female cadet claimed she became pregnant as a result of being raped, and one cadet died by drug overdose. It was discovered that one teacher quote unquote was a proud member of the Nazi Party, and a student whose name was changed was discovered to be a convicted murderer. What turns out, a boy named Clarence Carr, who had been convicted ten years probation for shooting his father in the head three times while he slept. Instead of the judge sentencing the kid to an official correctional facility, Car was instead sent to the Miami Aerospace Academy, whereas tuition was paid by a mysterious Hungarian benefactor. What go figure. And Clarence car was a chief bully at the academy along with a number of other students, and he would be charged with sexual assault, including that of an innocent six year old boy. And really it's because of this Miami Herald expose and that the disgusting things it uncovered that the Miami Aerospace Academy ultimately closed its doors in August nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: It's a long time from that point though, from the incident today now ultimately.
Speaker 1: Ivaristo Marina Elhenira died in two thousand and nine at the age of seventy nine, having never realized his political aspirations except for a brief position as the head of Miami Dade Fireboard, and his arch nemesis Fidel Castro, lived for another seven years. Yep Castro died in November twenty sixteen. Evaristo was buried with a folded Aerospace Academy flag, and he will be remembered as el chenial, So what the hell happened here? Remember, there were tons of witnesses to this mass chaos event, including police, paramedics, firemen, members of the press. Here's where it really gets weird up until now. You, unfortunately have a story that's been heard before. A strict school, questionable management, troubled kids, corporal punishment. That kind of pushes the envelope. What's different about the Miami Aerospace Academy is apparently the teachers introduced the cadets to the occult, like taught occult practices in class without anyone's permission. And again it's rumored that al Kenny Rold himself practiced black magic. The theory is cadets began using stuff they learned in class, the Ouiji board, tarot cards, pendulums, and other vessels of the occult as a means of coping with and escaping the daily drudge of academy life. The students yearned to escape from the torment, and to do so, they sought solace in the realms of the supernatural and the occult. Just to give you an idea of how ingrained the occult the cadets into the occult, the cadets were. Check out the show notes and take a look at the Academy's nineteen seventy nine yearbook cover. That'll show you how into the stuff they are. The yearbook cover is jet black, and it's adorned with a foreboding twelve pointed star encircled by astrological signs and this other arcane symbology. It's crazy, and it really gives the insight into what the students were thinking and feeling back in seventy nine when this happened. Take a look. It's it's crazy, like that's their gearbook. So think about it. We have this intensely negative environment. You have a cadet populace that came from very religious, superstitious backgrounds. The cadets themselves are oppressed, they're angry. There's a lot of pent up fear and rage from being abused. Now you add this occult ingredient and you quite possibly have a recipe for disaster. Were the cadets at the Miami Aerospace Academy unknowingly weaponizing themselves using the school's negative atmosphere and the occult to revolt against their oppressors, And don't forget this shit, hit the fan on October twenty fifth, less than a week from Halloween, the time of the year that ancient Celts believed the veil between our world and the spirit world was the thinnest. Is that a coincidence? Did the cadets somehow punch a hole through that veil? Or did they open a portal and as a result, negative entities poured through and temporarily took up residents inside willing cadets of voluntary or involuntary mass possession? Or was this an instance of mass hallucination? In a Discovery Plus documentary I watch called The Devil's Academy documentary about the Miami Aerospace Academy incident, it was explained that on the night of October twenty fourth, so the night before the incident, a bunch of Aerospace Academy cadets got together for a house party. There's all these kids who share same trauma, have very similar backgrounds and spiritual upbringings, beliefs, and they're all pretty much in the same mindset. Now, at some point during the night at that party, the kids start messing with the cult stuff. Now, sidebar, I've done this shit too when I was a kid at you know, group sleepovers and stuff, fucking out, pups that hops that Uiji board, were doing stiff as a board, light as a feather. We're telling ghost stories, right, so I get it. One point during the night, the kids start messing with this occult stuff. Some are conducting seances, some are doing the Ouiji board, others are doing tarot. Girls are in the bathroom. They're trying to fucking do bloody Mary, which I've never done, by the way. To this day, it's said that as the night wore on, the kids started behaving really strange, acting paranoid, afraid of their own shadows, and they even began physically fighting with each other for no apparent reason. It's like something was building taking hold. What was it? By the morning of October twenty fifth, nineteen seventy nine, the day of the recipe, was in place for shit to go down. You got these kids who are not okay, who've been regularly messing with the occult, and you have the intense events from the night before at the party. Kids go to class on the twenty fifth, still freaked out from the previous night, and as the story goes, a teacher overhears how freaked out the kids are, So she decides she's gonna try and hypnotize some of those students effort to calm them, including one of the girls that played Bloody Mary in the bathroom at the house party the night before. Now everyone's already in this susceptible state of mind. They're ready to believe, they believe, and this teacher tries digging into the psyche of an already traumatized teenage girl. Now, mind you, she's not a licensed hypnotherapist, likely not even a licensed teacher. Right, this girl freaks out, thinks she's under attack by demons, bolts to the bathroom, followed by a group of her concerned friends. She falls to the floor, screams at the devil's inside her. Her friends claim she levitates, and from there everyone suffers a temporary mass hallucination. So in this case, it's not actual portals and demons, but rather the power of suggestion impressed upon susceptible minds, minds that are ripe to believe demonic possession is not only real, it's happening. After all. It is a long held belief that quote unquote, demonic possession can yield strategic advance serving as a means for individuals with little power, in this case, angry suppressed students cadets to indirectly protest against their circumstances and the powers that be, while engaging in behaviors that would be wholly unacceptable under normal circumstances, in this case, running through the halls, destroying property, being violent, snarling, fighting, and acting like literal possessed animals. In this context, it wasn't Spirits or the Devil. It was the Miami Aerospace Academy cadets on a subconscious level, revolting and expressing their extreme discontent towards an oppressive regime that was exerting total control over them. Mix in some deep rooted old world beliefs and elements of the occult and boom perfect storm.
Speaker 2: So it almost feels like as a combination of factors. Now, the school was in disarray before the event. It's already been for like it's like.
Speaker 1: Six years, already for a very long time, right, bankruptcy before.
Speaker 2: So long for it to go down by the way, just something different, I don't know, maybe the school.
Speaker 1: Tuition, Maybe even Resto knew the right people back then. You can shake a hand, make a promise, sign a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: That's why so many killers got away with stuff too, And you know, it's just so much easier. So it almost feels like this is like a like a like some sort of giant prank almost or not prank that's maybe like a hybrid between a prank and like a call to action against or maybe not even against a helldo specifically, but the school there and that they, I mean, they must notice is in shambles. They must know how terrible it is. They must know these teachers are awful, terrible or they're really weird. And they must know that their other students, friends of theirs, are getting either raped or blasted or you know, beaten up or the other or they're doing it right, like it can't be great for years.
Speaker 1: They must know this.
Speaker 2: Imagine growing up in there from K to twelve in there, there's enough of time in there for a couple of students to be that far in right now, combine that with the event of nineteen seventy nine, I'm thinking it could be you put some drugs in here too, that could work. I'm thinking that it's like it's almost like their version of resisting right, resisting the institution that they're stuck in that they're fighting power man. Yeah, it is a little bit like that, but they have like actual grievances, you know, the agrievances of being that the school fucking socks they're training us terrible. They probably won't say like that, but you know they would just say, fuck this place, fucking hand it out, fuck your teachers, and why not use the only thing that they that they.
Speaker 1: Know is like weaponize the occult.
Speaker 2: Weaponize the occult, which is what they were taught there. Why were they taught this? Yeah, we don't know this.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't know this. It's such a weird thing. So but then you know it's not bullshit because the fucking yearbook is a cult, the gothic thing. Yeah, I don't. I wish I could pull it up. I'll lose my spots in my No, no, I'll show you you and listeners again, go to the show notes. Look at this cover of the yearbook. You know, the cover of my yearbook. One of the students drew like it was a Catholic school. They drew some like Roman scene from like you know, back in the Roman times. So I'm really cool, that's what we had. You know this if you see it at first jet Black.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's really rare. You don't see that ever.
Speaker 1: And it looks like the symbols chemical romance there. It's the strangest thing. So you know, there was a cult ship going down. That's that's the evidence right there. White teachers were doing. And again I don't want to slander all the teachers at this place.
Speaker 2: First of all, fuck them. They're not there anymore. They're mostly dead.
Speaker 1: Now it's okay, Well I don't know if they're mostly dead. It's only seventy nine, but still.
Speaker 2: Right, not everyone's terrible, I'm sure, but like we don't know. Obviously the good ones didn't win out.
Speaker 1: All you hear is about is the bad good point. Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: So that's a very curious question. There's no way to dig into that. But I'm curious why why that?
Speaker 1: Why? How? How? And why? Most is like a joke so I could tell you, Like, so, when I was in high school, yeah, I was into this shit. Man. There was a couple of us who after school would do a wigi board in the halls of my Catholic high school. Okay, okay, and in the halls, not like the library and tables, the halls clear out, we sit down and we pressed out this Wiji board. This is fucking totally true. And one time one of the brothers, Golden God, thinks Golden I forgot his last name. Damn it, that's terrible. He came up to us and he's like fucking knowing, and you know, then he doing there, buddy. He sat with us and he talked to us about this stuff, and we got into some really good conversations. We kind of grew relationship from there. You know. Okay, we did We did do shit like this in school. In a Catholic school. We were doing this.
Speaker 2: I mean not every day, I mean if it was going to happen somewhere, And a Catholic school kind of makes sense, don't you think, because they would believe, you know, that stuff, maybe not believe it, but also yes, believe it more likely than a public school.
Speaker 1: I think it was the It was the we were doing something.
Speaker 2: This is this is dangerous, But that's your version of dangerous is Catholic because it connects to Catholicism. Like a dangerous version of that in a public school is getting your girl from pargnan.
Speaker 1: We're doing drugs joining the gang.
Speaker 2: Well this is my case, of course, this is how I grew up in my school, That's what was happening. But I remember I did both. I did both Catholic high school and regular public school. That could I mean, that's that's the difference. Is the bad boy in you and a Catholic school is bringing out the Wiji board.
Speaker 1: No, maybe it's not so some other shit, but.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, yeah, maybe it's not so out of bounce.
Speaker 1: I guess my point is just right, it's not so out of bounds because we did it. You know. The other thing I wanted to mention too, about mass hallucination or mass something, that these these sleepovers we would have when we were and this is in grammar school, we would do the whole stiff as a board, light as a feather thing. And I swear to you listeners, Oscar on a holy Bible, that shit works, That fucking shit works. We took this kid, Chris, I probably shouldn't say his last name, fuck him. I am Chris moda Chinese kid, big dude. He was a big kid, not skinny by any means, large child, And we did the stiff as a board thing, light as a feather there were people at his shoulders, people at his hips, and people at his ankles on each side, right, and do you chant the whole stiff is the board lighters of everything? And we lifted that fat fuck up? Yeah, it really fucking works with two fingers. Yeah. Wow, So what's happening there? Is that a whole group? So it's not hallucination because or was it? Did it really happen? So here's my question.
Speaker 2: I was gonna bring that up too, like what is what is a mass hallucination?
Speaker 1: Like? Is there documented stuff on this? Yeah? Absolutely? Okay, can you give me an example of that? Maybe everyone else Satama medrig Or where where visions of Mary came to tons of people? The people? Okay, yeah, that does happen? And he absolute? I actually want to do an episode on those. What kind of visions? How do you explain that?
Speaker 2: How does how do people that obviously don't believe in this explain that away?
Speaker 1: You can't, You can't. What is a mass? Then you get into the crux of what is a mass?
Speaker 2: What is then I'm asking you and what is a mass of lit? Did they all drink the bad water? Is that what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's you. I'm saying, it's.
Speaker 2: Like when you go to what's that really famous California hippie concert thing people go to Coachella. When you go to Coachello Joshua Tree, it makes sense they're all taking a lot of drugs. I think it's a pretty request set to going in there, based on I've met a few people that go there almost annually. And yes, the exit they look exactly like the way you think they would look like. It's so uncanny, how how dead on they are anyway, And and I'm not surprised, Like I'm not as surprised obviously, maybe I shouldn't be. If a massive people that are I don't say hardcore, you know, religious believers, but just say religious believers can have a mass hallucination of the Virgin Mary and the same capacity as all these people are fucking tripping at Joshua Tree, and a lot of them I trip on the same thing when they're watching the same light show. Right, makes sense. I guess I can. I can correlate those two things. What is going on in the school? I think I might. I might be down for that being an explanation considering these kids all grow up catholic as fuck. South America is catholic as fuck.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: You don't bring you don't bring your atheism down there.
Speaker 1: Me wrong.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna nowadays and I gonna kick you on anything, but they're not gonna like you, and they might even tell you that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: Well, then your parents have an issue with you for years and years because you're you don't build, you're not Catholic. Well they don't know that. I thought they did and they hated that. Move on. Sorry, no, you're fine. They listen to you, I hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's uh, there's a you know, at the very least some like nothing super lapsed. But yes, they would have a problem with that though. Yeah, uh so I guess I can buy that as a reason. My first thinking was like I was going down to grow, like is this some sort of like a renegade thing, like, uh, they're they're they're boycotting this thing that officially not like the French do, but like hating on this thing, like a hardcore version, a metal version even like hating on their school and chap because of what's going on. But no, I mean I'm trying to buy that and I can't. I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's thert of thing too about that theory is that and it's a good theory, just as good as any. If you read the Facebook page, you don't get that feeling that it was so bad where the kids had to whether consciously or unconsciously, weaponize themselves with the occult and then it just exploded.
Speaker 2: You don't get people wear rose colored glasses one decades pass.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: That's interesting And also like again, it's because it's the seventies, because it's Florida, and because it's like I don't know how the teachers were demographically speaking, but they must be.
Speaker 1: From the area. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's just say they are combine all that. Yeah, they're gonna they're not gonna talk about it. They're gonna be like a World War two dad coming home from the war and not for telling you a single goddamn thing that happen to them over the war, for this whole life. It's gonna be like that. I'm not surprised by that. People try hard to forget shit like that.
Speaker 1: That's a good Yeah, you got a point. Yeah, I like to the people we're still up.
Speaker 2: There, but not as much these days, for sure. We're much more open about that kind of thing. Yeah, nowadays, for the last twenty thirty years, but seventies, Yeah, we're in it. I'm not surprised by that.
Speaker 1: Well, then you get the whole angle of Evaristo in his quest for power and his you know, supposed just hardcore practices, corporal punishment, practicing black magic. Does that have anything to do with it? Is this a top down hallucination?
Speaker 2: Is this a I mean, I'd be interested. I'd be interested to like see what kind of figure he was seen at at the school. You mix the corporate punishment with the cult of any kind or religious of any kind. You can see, like you know, and children are very they're super pressurable from impressionable. Sorry, yes, And on top of that, you know they're going through a lot of things, not just hormones and so many things. Can see them freaking out about that kind of thing and worried that there's there headmaster is a.
Speaker 1: Kin occultis you know? I wouldn't be surprised, and that could lead into a mass hallucination thing. Mass hallucination is basically like mob rule, right, but in a different way because when you get to blot up in a in a mob rule, right, in a mob setting, like everyone's doing, where the first guy throws that first, that first bottle. Yeah, it's that group think that yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, and I fires everyone up. You do the same thing with a group of dogs. Do you see that happening too?
Speaker 1: Think there's parallels between mass hallucination and like groupthink and mob rule.
Speaker 2: Because we always, you know, we can always say oh yeah, my brol that's totally thing everyone knows, that's the thing that can happen, right, that's why the cops are worried when there's a protest.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also right, leave alone.
Speaker 2: And there's been examples in this country alone, which is not a very country, yeah, where that happens. Yeah. I don't what other explanations are there in the internet or do you have any other like possible explanations or theories.
Speaker 1: I mean, the only only thing I could think of is like you said, well, what was in the water you know? Right? Why you know? And if the building is in disrepair and it's it's becoming doc is there like rusting the water whens and ship Yeah? Yeah, I mean that's you know, one thing they always talk about in paranormal investigations, is you know, black mold could cause hallucinations and visuals and stuff like that, you know, prolonged exposure of that stuff. You know.
Speaker 2: I've been watching watching this show called Evil Love It. Oh yah, also my season two We're Religious.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know how many seas. I know, there's a lot. I start watching and I like binging it kind of like in the background. It's really fun. But that show does a lot of work, tries to do a lot of work as show you the the completely scientific explanation to things, right, and they do a lot of things. And that one guy, the tech guy, especially like he's really good at at least so far, he's been really good at being the scully and explaining it away, like, Nope, it's that you're just watching that makes that noise to night. Nope, it's the black mold in this thing. I was like, wow, okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean maybe that could explain why it affected some group of students. Is the building still there? No? Right, No, the building's gone. The building has gone.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine I have a picture of it? Break in there? Man, I mean, we're not going on.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, that's the only thing I can really think of is that there's something something in the water. I don't know, something in the atmosphere, you know.
Speaker 2: I had another thought, is that, Okay, so who ever a I'll tended out, did he or I hate him personally, but he built that building or was it there already that I don't know. I'd be curious to find out because one of my when you were telling the story and you were describing a lot more about him, I'm like, okay, well, he's clearly a big part of it. I was thinking that this is like a resident evil kind of thing, where like it builds like an a ABD mansion and everyone in it like a part of something. It's like almost like thirteen Ghosts two, that's a very like the building itself is part of the occult, right that brings out the ghost Like is it like like a consecratic gown, like it's is he fucking with everyone? Is it like built in such in such a way, like like the building again in Ghostbusters that's built to bring in zool right? You think of that was like, what kind of building is this?
Speaker 1: That's so curious? It was, right, purpose I don't. Yeah, I don't know, ask him much credit probably if it existed or if he had it built that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Although I don't, I don't do. I completely buy that Castro would from Cuba because he had had a lot of influence in Florida, ship town of influence that he squashed all of his political witches. I won't be surprised at all that he saw his motherfucker. He's like, you can stay in that fucking school. You're not getting further than that. And every time he tried to raise money or whatever, he had his guy squashed it. Now could it be him? That could have been his influence? The political stuff led to this insanity what happened in seventy nine? You mean as a as a way to write, as a way to demean him, to sabotage him. So think about that.
Speaker 1: One students were Patsy's almost in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Yeah, that's that's also slightly possible. I still buy the Macesteria more. But that's possible, it should be said.
Speaker 1: I guess, I just I really think there's something to be said about teenage angst. Yes, the paranormal abuse that was a ball Afreid wires control headmaster and that could that. I think it could just be a powder keg. Yeah, And whether they actually summon something knowingly or unknowingly, or it was just a mental break for a couple hours, I don't. I can't say which, but I could see it happen. I could see something like that exploding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, the mental break mass hallucination thing sounds.
Speaker 1: Like, especially you got the night before they're partying and doing all this crazy. They're coming into school, they're scared, they're they're primed and ready to go. Man, Yeah, it's crazy. I don't know. It would have been could have been in the ground floor there, yeah, yeah, it would have been cool to see that kid who got up off that second window got off off the ground. You know it was his eyes really glowing red. Did he really throw a teacher or throw the student to throw each other like rag dolls?
Speaker 2: Right, like rag dolls like superhuman thing that bugging the doors off the hinges?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I don't know. We'll never know. Unfortunately, no, no, may you read that Facebook page. You're not figuring anything out. And it's so largely forgotten too, like no one really knows about this one.
Speaker 2: It can't be. I mean, it's gottay, it's gotta be students. They are adults now that remember yeah, yeah, yeah on that group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. But and why they don't talk about it, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is that there is that their version of Waco or Vietnam, like they just try to forget it. Something horrible happened. Good, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks, there's no answer. But it's also the seventies, like it really that that era.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I know it's seventy nine, like, oh, so close to eighties, but it's the seventies. It sucks, man, there's no camera, no nothing, there's no way to Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, could you imagine today, there'd be videos everywhere this stuff? See that? Yeah, but interesting story. Yes, I never heard of this. It's crazy. That's something that just happened. Good. I'm glad you liked it. Glad I've been sitting there.
Speaker 2: It would make a cool movie, I think, so. Yeah, I don't know how you ended. You have to give it. You have to pick a reason, you have to make up your own.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. The trend today is you know Hollywood. Oh make up your own mind. Moviegoer, you lazy fuck. Oh a lot of movies do that. I hate that. Give me an ending.
Speaker 2: I like some of those, some of those, some of those work.
Speaker 1: Well, bring me home. You could do it. You could do that right, But you're right, a lot of them don't do it right. Yeah. So you could get away doing the Miami Aerospace Academy and just leave a cliffhanger. Yeah, figure it out yourselves. Ye, lazy fucks makes me sewing. I took this two hour ride with you. Yeah right, you're gonna you're just gonna lead me somewhere stranded. No, bring me home, man, bring me Why did it happen? What's going on? Who are these people? That's what I got. That's fun. Good. I'm glad you're like, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: We this ve been supernatural. It's been a while, it has. I mean, we did the I mean the last one was a little supernatural, but this one's a little more wheel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The last one was more whimsical, kind of this one. Yeah, supernatural. You're good. It's been a while. I like this one. Good, good, good good. I don't know what the next ones are gonna be. We're gonna have some more supernatural.
Speaker 2: State tun Oh wait, I would say, previously next time on the S O S it's it's still not the name? Was that shows?
Speaker 1: Not? Then? Where are we the Supernatural Occurring Studies podcast? What s A West stand for? Yeah? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Okay, you better, but you guys like, am I getting this name?
Speaker 1: I can't. It was the last episode of the one before that where when made a joke when you say yeah, no, yeah, well, I'm gonna finish my whiskey. I don't know about you. I'm about to oscar take us home. Yeah, I have to get there. I was like the bear we're watching the new season. It's such a good show, like it's yeah, it's I just finished it last night? Oh you did? Was it? Was it good to? I liked it? Yes? I did. I'm liking it so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really liking it. It's nothing bad to say about it. Necessarily, I would say the third season is probably the worst. It's not the worst, isn't because they're all amazing. It's still amazing. It's just third place.
Speaker 1: I get you. I was reading an article the other day and I don't remember if you if you remember last time we were here talking, we were talking about the bear and I said, I believe it's based off Al's You said that, yes, and I read an article it did say that it is nice. Yeah, good show interviewed a vampire really good on AMC. Yeah, yeah, we haven't watched it.
Speaker 2: No, I heard good things, but I haven't seen it. It's on HBO, right.
Speaker 1: We want you on AMC. Oh, you have AMC plus. We has AMC plus. I don't even remember someone has it. We got it.
Speaker 2: I've never met a person that had it.
Speaker 1: We pay for our own Netflix and Hulu. Now I thought you did already. What were you using?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but now they have they locked down that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made it a lot more difficult. But Netflix anyway, and Severro's been caught before. He had to pay a big fine for uh have you ever heard about this? No, the fucking Cobbler the uh huh yeah, Adam Sandler movie, that piece of ship movie. I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: It looked terrible.
Speaker 1: He I think it was like five or six thousand dollars he had to pay because he downloaded it, and he was caught by his internet service provider. By Comcast's years ago obviously whatever. Yeah, whenever the came out. Yeah, he was caught for a fucking cobbler. So when Netflix started getting little iffy, I didn't want anything to happen to him. So we just fine, will pay the eight dollars a month. Fuckers, it's more than that. I don't Yeah, I don't even know, Like that's the highest one right now? Netflix is I think so well, I don't know. Rob pays it. Oh you use use it? Well?
Speaker 2: We all share, everyone fucking does. Yeah, we all share a lot. Like between Roth and me. We he has like three or four. I have my own two or three that I pay for that he has access to. I use your shutter, right, your shutter is a big one. Everyone loves the shutter.
Speaker 1: Did do you have Hulu? I do? Yeah, so you could use her Hulu.
Speaker 2: I do have Hulu. Oh yeah, we have nearly everything. I don't have Pekaka. That's still when I had to ask year and I canceled it.
Speaker 1: We have it. Don't know where we're getting it from, but we got okay, you got.
Speaker 2: Its fly from us some deal I know, like we like Spotify and that company know or or because Italia has it. There's always they always combined things.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of Spotify, did I tell you how you got the job? Yes? Did? I was here? Yes? So she got a job in Starbucks. They give her a free premium version of Spotify. Yeah, they do. I had I had one when I was working there. It's so cool, Like just little things like that. She's like, I don't have to pay the eighteen bucks more the better help.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a different one. There's like a lot of sites you can use the free all Sketchers. You get like sixty percent off on shoes or something. Really yeah, if we have to go natural sketchers.
Speaker 1: I know. Today they went out Katie and Talia and her friends here from out of town, and they went to Starbucks and Ty's like, ah, I have a I work here. I work for Starbucks. And she got almost like ten dollars off the order and she felt so great. Yea yeah, oh yeah, And like the little Spotify thing now she could save. I think she's a white girl, definitely any love it. But she gets to save like eighteen bucks a month. To her, that's that's huge. Oh yeah, being able to save eighteen bucks a month for Spotify whatever it is. How much it is. Damn, I don't pay for someone else pays for money.
Speaker 2: But you were paying for whatever was paying for it was paying for hers too.
Speaker 1: No, Tali, she would put it on her Apple account, got it. I think she did through Apple. Yeah, because she got bid a couple of times she didn't have the money in there. Then it bounced and then yeah she kids learn, they learn. But yeah, just a bunch of benefits through Starbucks. It. I was really unproud for her. Yeah, yeah, I think me too, honestly. Yeah, yeah, so it's it's just funny. It's funny. But anyway, sorry I rambled. No, it's fine. It makes great outtics. I didn't listen to the outtakes all the all the outtakes from the.
Speaker 2: From the first one, there was a lot of them. I cut it down on the second one.
Speaker 1: On the Dream, Yes, dream that okay, Yeah, I'm gonna try to listen to him to.
Speaker 2: I just actually only put so much in there. I basically put not all, but most of our Game of Thrones talk.
Speaker 1: Oh really, did you watch it house the Dream? Yeah, the Red Dragon and the gold Dude, I realize how bigxis vagar Aimon drives Vegar Yes, oh, so Vegar is the biggest.
Speaker 2: Vega is the biggest. He has the biggest what uh? And may List was so bad ass.
Speaker 1: Though, And that was the one that Corliss was on.
Speaker 2: No, Rainus was on. Corliss is her husband.
Speaker 1: The last name is Cordless.
Speaker 2: Oh my, what's his first name?
Speaker 1: I can't remember her first They calling him.
Speaker 2: Corda is the first name. Okay, I got that wrong.
Speaker 1: No, their last name is Rainus.
Speaker 2: Raynie is her name, Maylis is her dragon, the red dragon, and the sunfire is guns. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was sad. You know, in the bug it's supposed to have golden fire. Really they didn't put golden fire, Like I don't I kind of want to see that. But that was cool though. It's a cool battle.
Speaker 1: They must have some big budgets man. Oh they have a lot of massive budgets to do. When when Vigar came, when you finally saw it, well, first of all, when he came up out of the forest.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he was like, dude, slow your rolling, and he goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just the moss hanging off them and ship, yeah, let's do this. But then when he first came sailing across the sky, man, Yes, there's no way any of these guys stand a chance, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, you know, for a second, may List looked like because Mayless is also considered to be the not anymore but the fastest dragon in that era. Oh okay, so you think that you know you can if you hit the underside right, and if you or as soon as it turns away, you can actually high tail it back to Dragonstone. I mean you got the king right, right, you could? But no, she I think she not not saying, had a death wish but maybe a little bit and decided to stay instead of run. And then Vigo came up out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: God, and then when they're blowing fire on each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have favorite characters, I mean a lot of them are gonna die. Don't get used to it, and you don't get used to anybody.
Speaker 1: There was quite I mean a bunch of there's a lot of good stuff that happened in that episode.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, do you think what do you think is happening with Damon?
Speaker 1: The dreams? Oh right, because he isn't Haron Hall. Yeah, the ghosts of hearing.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are saying it could be the ghost of heron Hall, right, or it could be children of the Forest because Harron Hall hair in the black the guy who built Harron Hall when it was before burned, he cut down a lot of warward trees.
Speaker 1: Right and wasn't his. But where did I read this? Somewhere in his bed that he was sleeping in was made out of wear wood or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe so, yeah, And it was on and then one of his visions, and I don't know if it's in the castle or not. I'm not one hundred percent. There was a giant wereword tree there and in his first vision the episode before and and then also there's that maister witch lady the River's girl.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, who uh.
Speaker 2: Some people are are saying that it's Melissandra when she was young.
Speaker 1: No, because is really old right right? Right? Because when that wasn't the when the necklace has gone.
Speaker 2: Right right, Yeah, but like super old, she's like one hundreds of years old. It could be from this era.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer to that. By the way, that's not in the book. That would be cool. Or if she's if she's not, she could be a witch with different alterior motives. So we don't know, maybe giving him, giving Damon like food that's making him, you know, having his visions and stuff.
Speaker 1: We don't know. For good oil, we don't know. She did give him something, Yeah, she did blatantly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: People online were saying that it looks just like the substance that Brand took in Game of Thrones. I forgot which what scene, but it was it was relating to his visions.
Speaker 1: Really do people get so deep they?
Speaker 2: I know, that's why they do the work for me. I just go read what they Oh yeah, I mean what do I?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So here and wasn't here in hall like the biggest.
Speaker 2: It's it's still like considered to be the biggest stronghold. It's just useless because the egg on the Conqueror came in with the black dread the dragon he had drag that that puts vague or the shame maybe or on the same size maybe and came in and like yeah you like, yeah, he sees this in Pendeuricrable fortress, which is awesome at the time, and he just burns the whole thing like they burned him alive, and everyone's burnt alive in there.
Speaker 1: That's why it looks like that. It just burns from.
Speaker 2: Above and just burnt everything down, very cool, and that became the curse. Like no one can hold that place anymore. Everyone who tries dies. I mean the Strongs died in the big fire last year. Now that wasn't that wasn't like fate. It was done on purpose.
Speaker 1: But like that there right, which they say, that's why all the ghosts are there. Yeah, the nearest love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's getting into it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's great.
Speaker 2: Imagine she had gone instead of Rainus because Rainus volunteered too.
Speaker 1: She wanted to, they convinced her not to, and of course what's allison. Yes, she drank the little.
Speaker 2: Abortion, milk of the pop no, milk of the poppy, the moon tea, boon tea. Right, yeah so she yeah, kind of hypocritical a little yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: And her her suitor is out there on the road. What's the name again, hold Kristen Cole, Chris Christian, he's out there.
Speaker 2: He had a sound plan if a gun hadn't like you know, trumped in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah he got he got drunken.
Speaker 2: And Aimon took advantage too.
Speaker 1: I mean, man, so what do you think about that? Do you think, do you think a gun is dead?
Speaker 2: Well, I know the truth. Do you want me to tell you the truth?
Speaker 1: Okay, because it sure looked like a Aimond was going in for the kill. Okay, what do you think? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice Jay. If I was listening to the outtakes, you just snorted a line.
Speaker 1: Did one of my busting rails of my basement? Whiskey and Cocaine. Yep, that's a Johnny Cat song. Uh, Cocaine blues, Cocain Blues.
Speaker 2: I want to say, that's not called Whiskey and Cocaine. I was like trying to think of the title. That's not one of his titles. Okay, they ready for account
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we could uncork and port Yeah, while we're drinking