Speaker 1: On Aw you looked at me, thought I missed it. Welcome to the CEO pre Show technically for episode four sixty five and for sixty six.
Speaker 2: Technically.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, because it's not a bonus show, but we are doing too holy shit, Yes sir, Yes, brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash CECO podcast, whether they like it or not, Yes, patrons of which we are going to see this weekend in Calgary.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for that.
Speaker 3: I looking forward to it a lot.
Speaker 1: What I meant was next weekend. Next, Yes, because it's the weekend now, Yes, it is the weekend.
Speaker 3: It's the weekend of the trash Ante that we talked about a couple of weekends ago.
Speaker 2: I'm very pumped for that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see some new people, make some new friends, and the next weekend we're gonna go make some new friends and meet some new people, but also see some established friends, which I gain am very excited. But we've all had a long week and I'm very very excited to like cut loose with the with the nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much so. The I want to say that the Calgary prep is complete, but that does not include cleaning granny car, which Rebecca and I are going to do, and packing all of the merchant and stuff into the trunk.
Speaker 2: I have to pick decks and do laundry.
Speaker 1: M y, laundry very important. Can't be stinky. Can't be stinky.
Speaker 3: Speaking of laundry around the office. In at my my regular person.
Speaker 1: Job, you got stinky people there.
Speaker 3: I work at radio overall. I work at the engineering section of a radio station. Everybody because I'm a.
Speaker 2: Magic player that tries to buck the trend.
Speaker 3: So so in the control room we have this like sweater like a zip hop and it's been sitting there for like a week. This isn't mine?
Speaker 1: Is it mine?
Speaker 3: Nobody? Like I asked, eybody, who's who's sweater is there? So finally one day Tim Stone, radio personality here is Askatoon rolls in to say hi, and he looks over and says, hey, how long has my hood?
Speaker 2: He been sitting there?
Speaker 1: You can here producing Gary. He knows tim Stone and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, that that's yours. How long is that? Think? What? Why did you did you not miss it? And he's like, nah, man, they made that for me a couple of years ago. I fucking hate that thing. It's nice, it's in good shape. He's like, yeah, but and it's not like the logo for the radio station and he's on like he was like, you look at this crap.
Speaker 2: I'm not a billboard. They're gonna pay me to wear this. Gotta wear this.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, so you you hate it? How did it get in Here's like, I don't know. I left it in one of the jock rooms like two years ago, after they gave it to me. I could put it on in case somebody ever walked.
Speaker 1: Into Yeah, in case the big big boss man walked by. I'm wearing the coat.
Speaker 3: Like, so, how did it get in here? It's like, I don't know. Somebody must have been going around on the weekend looking for something warm. So like now we have some hobo that went around the building. It just like picked up a coat, wore it, and then abandon it.
Speaker 1: Oh very much, so very much. So I uh the mystery coat story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I not to put too fine a point on it. But the reason laundry reminded me of that is because that coat is now in the laundry in my house. Now it's my coat, that's right.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I I don't know what to say. I don't know what to say. I was going to talk about Calgary some more. We've got uh, we've got the boys. A pile of bones came through clutch When it counts. They're gonna send some some beer for the CEO Experience Gift gift pack, gift giveaway. I don't know what do we call them. They're not like a gift bags party favors that makes everything.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have some beer.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be beer. Yeah, and I've got that. I picked up the CEO beer coozies. I think when we sell them at face to face, we got to just call them koozies. But we all know what they're for. Beverage beverage coozies.
Speaker 2: Yes, koozies are cozies. That was called them cozies because the can is cozy.
Speaker 3: When it's in.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's also like a jacuzzi for your beer.
Speaker 3: But jacuzzies only keep you one temperature, and that temperature is warm.
Speaker 1: No, they keep your they keep your hand warm.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yes, now, what they're for?
Speaker 3: I thought they were?
Speaker 2: We didn't drink, didn't We.
Speaker 1: Literally had this conversation last week. They do three things and this is science is brandology one on one Okay. So they keep your cold drink cold, okay. Or they keep your warm drink warm a jacuzzi like those things, k Or they insulate your hand from the temperature of the drink. Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: Now you know that last function I never really considered very important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obvious, especially when we're at like this tween weather where it's like do I need gloves on? Is it cold? Is it warm?
Speaker 3: I'm wearing a jack, but I'm also still wearing shorts because I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with my life.
Speaker 1: So we are a Magic the Gathering podcast. If you're watching or if you're listening online, welcome. I did my first rip through with the Mind Skinner. I got four skinnered. And what I did was this. So I said, you weren't at EDH and m though, No, no, no. This was on Monday at Smiddy's house. Okay. So I sits down with with f you Aiden and Fu Larra. It was a three player game, so take it for what it's worth. But it it worked good. So listen to this. I says, Okay, I've got the mind skinnered ten to one. Can't be blocked for three when you take damage from me, each opponent mills that many cards, it doesn't take the damage, and yeah, prevent the damage. So we did a deck tech on a couple weeks ago, and I says to Aidan and Laura, I've got my brewvac Cedh deck, but I'm going to take out Brewvak and put them in the ninety nine and I'm gonna replace maddening cacophony like the combo with Brewvak. Yeah, like I'm taking cacophony out Brewvak in, and then in the command zone I'm putting the mind Skinner just because i want to try like doing the aggro thing. And there's a couple creatures that are like just Cedh creatures right that don't really aren't really there for attacking, and a bunch of counter spells, so just be aware. I'm gonna try and hit you with a ten to one like a bunch of times to kill you, okay, And they were like, okay, yeah, cool, give it a rip through right right and man alive, Okay. Turn three, attack with mind Skinner mil ten, turn four, Milton, turn five mil ten, and I've got either counter spells or bounce or whatever, or like when mind Skinner died, play him again, right, because he costs five for ten power.
Speaker 2: That's good bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I got I got six or seven attacks in, and then I got a brewvac down. I think I got six attacks in. Then I got I naturally drew the Brew of Act. So when you mill, you milt like twenty now, and I got everybody down to about twenty cards. I think Aiden had thirteen cards.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And that was just playing counter spells and mind Skinner and we all had a really good time. Laura was playing a sort of graveyard lands deck and Aiden's always playing graveyard and lands decks, right, that's his thing. And it both helped them so they didn't want to get rid of mind Skinner. But they were constantly counting like number of cards and graveyards, number of cards and libraries, and it put them enough on edge that they were concerned. So it was like a like a dynamic and interesting game. I had a good time with it, and yeah, I went home and got all my other like remember on Sidewalk Slam a few times ago, I played brew.
Speaker 3: Back Beats, Yes, brew Back and the boys brew Back and the boys the beats.
Speaker 1: Basically, I took that deck and added all of the things that like, care about number of islands you have, like tempest gin gets bigger for each island you have, draw card for each island you have, and a bunch of stuff that says.
Speaker 2: The stuff we played in the deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And lots of stuff like on the high end, sphinxes that draw me cards or mill you fleet swallower, mill half your library when he when he hits you. That kind of stuff, and like this five and six man of stuff that says draw cards equal to the number of cards and opponent's hand with rebound like ideas unbound or whatever.
Speaker 3: Now I was listening to every word that you just said, and that sounds whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: It was the top end stuff that lets me fill my hand back up after I've deployed all of my equipments. That hit you harder.
Speaker 2: Let me hit you with this. Sure, hit you with this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: If fleet swallower was a sphinx, Okay, it.
Speaker 3: Would be a fleet swallowing sphincter.
Speaker 2: Do not google that.
Speaker 3: No, sounds like, but boy, you may continue the story.
Speaker 2: Well, that sounds really good. That was really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically at what I did was sleeved it up with the equipments that I had, Like I ordered. I ordered from Fusion a fire Shrieker for pickup in Calgary because I didn't have that random fifty cent on common that's been printed ten times.
Speaker 2: It wasn't in my one pack of horizons.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're gonna talk about foundations, so we're going to talk about that. I ordered a fire Shrieker and I think I think that that was it. Sphinxes, a couple Leviathan type things for the top end, a bunch of card draw I've got a brewvac. Look at my sleeve, I look like a hoble. I've got a Brewvac, a fire Shrieker, and a Colossus hammer. All that give plus ten double strike or double mill. So those are my three damage doublers. Hey sounds like a red deck. Hey, three damage doublers and lots of card draw to find them. No tutors because I want to keep it on hard mode casual, right.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: So that's that was my magic this week, was playing my Skinner and actually having to do lots of work.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you a game story. So on Thursday eighth and m yep.
Speaker 3: I brought out one of my decks and I wanted to actually homework to see if one of my thoughts about a commander we're to talk about one tomorrow's show. Okay, it's correct, Ye spoiler it is okay, double spoiler the card coma.
Speaker 1: Coma, then new Coma, the eight twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's new Coma.
Speaker 2: Then there's old Coma.
Speaker 1: Yes, I thought being Numa and old Ma.
Speaker 3: Numa is fixed old Ma because they're like, man, that that coma way too good? Yeah, way too good. Gotta make him way worse. Yeah that was me forgetting to put my phone onto silence. I'm gonna do that while I talk.
Speaker 1: Sure, so.
Speaker 2: We have coma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had.
Speaker 3: A really good start and it ended up with my I had a six six uncounterable, essentially indestructible, outfightable army grade and coma on turn three indestrunctible because you can sack a coma coma coil to make her instructible.
Speaker 1: I know what you said, indistrunctible, and that was it's the same.
Speaker 3: So starting on turn three, I have this coma and the other guy's like, hey, we just have to kill this Coma and we'll win, but of course they can't because Coma is really hard to kill. And then it was like turn four doubling season. But along with that doubling season came a midnight cock, and you like your midnight cock, my midnight cock, and I had the win in my hands with counter spell backup.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, but this game is miserable for everybody.
Speaker 3: Everybody's sad because I'm obviously going to win, and so I shuffles my hand and graveyard into my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you time twisted yourself, and.
Speaker 3: I time twisted myself when I didn't need to because I had to, and I drew get this six basic lands and the lightning griefs.
Speaker 1: Did you did you win? Still? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely I did. It took me like four more turns. I was gonna just like win on the spot the.
Speaker 1: Game, but you had to midnight clock your hand away because it had like time counters or whatever on right, So sad.
Speaker 2: But we'll talk about why Coma is is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we we both have. I've come prepared with a little bit of a list right of what there's commanders that go into ninety nine's Yes, there's commanders that are of course gonna lead decks. There's commanders that are extravagantly priced because of the special guest artists and only in Jumpstarts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do not get those yet?
Speaker 1: Do not? Yeah, wait for the promo code at Fusion to reset and then get the nets.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna think Maxes.
Speaker 3: When I bought my Maxes, I jumped on it right away because I thought, oh my god, I'm never gonna be able to get one of these, and I think I paid something like fifty bucks. And now they're four Yeah, and they're readily available. You can get them anywhere. The same is going to be true for these things. The special printings are the only printings of these cards, and you get one in every Jumpstart pack. So they're not eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: That Jellyfish Girl is not eighty usd don't pay.
Speaker 1: That, no, but we boys are gonna pay it.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know what's funny. You know what's funny about all that is, I put I just redid my whole wish list on Fusion with the website update. I did the whole wish list again and I put a but like every version of Breuvak on there's like five printings of Breuvak and it's funny. He's still a thirty dollars card. He's in og Jumpstart, he's in the list, he was in Ravnaka Remastered. There's Ravnaka Remastered retro frame, and then there's the Ravnaka Remastered retro frame, the serialized.
Speaker 2: One, the borderless one too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Those were all in one set that was like a master's set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose well, and the list doesn't really affect prices that much. And the one from Jumpstart is a thirty dollars card, right, So that's a weird one that you talk about Muxist going down because I think if he's not leading your Goblin deck, I don't think he goes in every Goblin deck. No, but if you're playing Mill, Breuveak is the most popular mill commander.
Speaker 2: Buy a lot and for a reason.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, exactly. Yeah, And uh, I want another one so I could have the one that goes in my mind Skinner deck just in it and not have to use my one that's my commander for my CDH deck.
Speaker 3: It checks out, yes, so open and Jumpstart I got, I got one store to tell Jumpstarter Foundations Foundation, it's gonna foundation story to tell collect Collective boost now alas there probably might there might not be a BBO on the CEO YTC because I forgot to pre order my boxes.
Speaker 1: He god dame fucked.
Speaker 3: Up, man, because I thought it was released next week. I always order the Monday so that other people can have a shot at grabbing stuff. And I'm not like hoarding all the product, right.
Speaker 1: I am willing to bet, and I would put money that somebody in the nation or Uncle Kelly at Face to Face Games will probably have some Foundations that we can open.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, well.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know. You're gonna get your fixed.
Speaker 3: We'll see where it goes. I goes into the store on my home yesterday and like, I'll see what's there. I'll grab something because I want to open something. So it's opening day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one collect the Boosty.
Speaker 3: Of Foundations and I've I just cracked it in the car before I drove away.
Speaker 2: And fuck, man, is a good one or a bad one?
Speaker 3: I got a foil Japanese Showcase Landmarrel. We're ordering it one hundred dollars. You got a good pack I got a manifoil textured better Door of Destinies.
Speaker 1: I love that foiling process. We're gonna talk about that to next week.
Speaker 2: I got it, we are, okay.
Speaker 3: I got a borderless uh that night. That makes it so whenever you gain life, your opponents lose life.
Speaker 2: Oh the exquisite blood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the creature, the exquisite blood creature. Yeah, he's a vampire, right.
Speaker 2: I got the borderless el drasi.
Speaker 1: Oh with with the center text, the.
Speaker 3: Seven or just with Caraven and seven other abilities, and I got one other card.
Speaker 2: All of them were worth money.
Speaker 3: I got a single dud card in this whole, and I got one of the Liliana planes that Alex won. Oh yeah, I like that plane or swamp sorry swamp, but good man. And I was just sitting a man. I will never open a pack this good again in my entire life. In my entire life, I will never open a pack. Oh and I'm a foil doubling season, so I'll never open another pack like that again.
Speaker 4: Got a casual foil doubling seasons Jesus, Oh good, I'm happy. So it was really cool, But like, did you go back into the LGS and trade it all? Back in for store credit.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to though he's not by listening it yet, but it'll all end up back in the store. So if you're listening locally or you like to order from our local store, all that ship will be available probably when you get back to Calgary.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 3: Well, so far Foundations is good and it's been selling really well, just based on what local people have told us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's it's people.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, man, I'm telling you the classic corset, Magic Vibe Corset is so traditionally just fun. It's like you're first introduction. I almost said to Magic the Gathering, but we're already in that universe. It's like the first time you ever play Dungeons and Dragons. It's like the first time you play a fantasy RPG on your PlayStation. Like, that's what like coreset magic is. And I think that for that reason it's popular. It's going to be the set that introduces new players, and that's always fun, playing like first games of whatever, Jumpstart, Limited Commander with new players, that's always fun. Crushian nubes, stomping nubes, yet telling them that we only play for money. Yep, just kidding, we don't do that, but totally would. Yeah, Foundations is I think it's gonna be fun and there's good cards in it. Yes, then there's good cards, which is which is what we're going to talk about tomorrow is the Legends, and then the following week is going to be the rest of the set proper, like where to get certain printings. You're always up on that. You've seen the multiple foiling process sees and alternate arts in person. Now in one pack, mind you. Yeah, so you've seen You've seen all of that and kind of got the dopamine hit from doing that, which you can tell everybody about.
Speaker 3: I haven't even eaten since then because I'm so high on like, oh yeah, the first time ever.
Speaker 1: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna do more, Yeah, because I'm sure the next pack, I hope it is maybe just as good.
Speaker 1: Oh one hundred percent. That's how gambling works. Yeah, you're on a you're on a run now. One pack definitely a trend, that's right. Yeah, definitely a trend.
Speaker 2: One of one that's one hundred percent. Yeah, undefeated, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yep, And uh, what else were we going to talk about in our favorite cards? Of course on next week's show. It's gonna be a good time, that's what That's what I got to say. Pre show for four sixty five and four sixty six. I'm my good friend Ryan here with Uncle Brando, producer Gary Hit our theme songb