Speaker 1: Five o five. If it's about k r C BET talk station, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Say, well there you go.
Speaker 1: You know it's Friday when you get a woohoo, thank you. Joe Drecker exectly prettier the fifty five Carse Morning Show. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be and always said a little happier on a Friday, and do do do love my Fridays. I got some good plans for the weekend. No, I will not be running in the Flying Pig. Joe, you're running this week. I'm not kidding you. Yeah, I know you're not running. I'm just I'm pulling your leg.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't run. My feeder is flat as a board. I've never been able to run. It's an excuse for me. I'm not sort of taking care of my cardiovascular system. I suppose on some level, although you don't have to run to take care of your cardio vascular system. Anyhow, let us see here what's coming up run down here on a Friday, of course, includes Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, gonna be talking about cyber threats on nuclear facilities. Okay, GM says it can sell your data because you drive on public roads. Well, that's not exactly an endorsement to buy a GM product, is it. I hate the idea that your car is spying on you. That just really rubs me the wrong way. I mean, if you want to download an app, you do it with eyes wide open, knowing that they're monitoring your data. You're getting something for quote unquote free, when in fact it's not really free because they're using your data to make money.
Speaker 2: That's your choice.
Speaker 1: But if you don't have any control over whether or not G or any other automobile manufacturer can take your data and use it to their advantage, you know what, that's just to me, that's wrong. How about a law man. They pass laws for literally everything. How about laws protecting your privacy and allowing you the opportunity to opt out of them collecting your data about how you drive and where you drive and how fast do you go and all that kind of stuff. Insurance companies buy that data. Yeah, you may find your premium goes up as a consequence of them interpreting what you're doing on the roads. Big Brother is watching literally everywhere. Fraudster's impersonating employee self service websites.
Speaker 2: That's from working.
Speaker 1: Just as he's been waiting all morning to do that. I'm sure you have an opportunity to do it again, Joe, keep your finger on the button. So if fraudsters impersonating employee self service websites, those are the three topics. Well, yeah, I know, after yesterday, we got to light it up. We hit the ground running at the five o'clock. You know what I found interesting if you're listening yesterday at five o'clock, I Keith called in and talked about World War three breaking up between Pakistan and India. It was amazing to me how little reporting there is on that. Well, and there is a legitimate conflict breaking out, and they've been at it for years and years. There's a division between those two countries. There's no question there has been military activity going on between the two, but they are the both nuclear powers. This time it may escalate. But you know, I followed up on it yesterday after. I was caught off guard by that because I just generally familiar with the tension between the two countries. But I didn't realize it was escalating that quickly until Keith calling brought it up. And then I went back later in the day yesterday as I was preparing for the program this morning, and you know, I think that something like that would be on you know, Fox or CNN or some of the major reporting outlets and just very little. You had to actually search for it specifically and well, and that's the picking and choosing of what gets elevated on the news. Come back to that in just a minute. Here, Corey Bowman is going to be in studio. He is coming in at seven oh five. He's running for mayor, and we have a golden opportunity to smack have to have Pervoll in the face by voting for Corey Bowman. Even if you're planning on voting for pervol in November, go ahead and vote for Corey Bowman. Majority rules, the top two candidates move advanced to the November election. It's going to be one of three, and pretty much I think we can presume, and I may be overstating this Knockwood as I say it, I think it's going to be math mayor. I have to have Purvall versus Corey Bowman. And I think of my friends in the various communities who feel that they've been screwed over by the current city council and the current mayor by depriving them of an opportunity to control their own desk in terms of zoning connected communities. Shove down everybody's throat. We've been down this road before. That impacts every single neighborhood in the city. And then the second smack in the face has happened. Actually, Third A Bond Hill as well as Hyde Park both were deprived of opportunity to move in advance in what direction they wanted to go in.
Speaker 2: They granted a waiver.
Speaker 1: Of course, the biggest news Hyde Park City Council votes to tell Hyde Park basically, screw you. We are going to do a waiver of the connected communities and allow a well connected developer or well connected developers. Thank you Todd Zinzer Citizen Watchdog for providing me with that ammunition to do what they want to do. So here's connected communities for everybody, and well, we're gonna gi a waiver for Hyde Park. Hyde Park, sorry sucks to you. We're gonna let the zoning rules change so the well connected developers can do what they want just ignoring everyone. You're going to reward that. I'm still waiting for litigation from Hyde Park on that one. Anyway, we'll talk to Corey Bum. We've got a lot of things to talk about. Since I require reporting on the interviewed the candidates where they stand on which projects should get their railroad sale money mayoral candidates in this Cincinnati remaining a sanctuary city, where Cincinnati mayoral candidates stand on connected communities. Since a maryl candidates discussed what should be done with subway the abandoned subway, there's actually a proposal for that one. I didn't even read the article on that one, but we can talk with Corey about that in the seven o'clock hour. And then he got a good ride up Actually epic epoch, however you want to pronounce it. I like saying epoc. Although that's sort of like tomato tomato epoch. It provides you with a little more foundation on spelling. Because I consult that website regularly. I think they do some good work there. Epoh epic epoch either way, if both correct pronunciations. But he actually got written up there. That's sort of a national sort of level reporting on that. I don't know if it's because he's the brother of Jade Vans, but he is getting some traction nationally. The race an unusual one given the city of Cincinnati is so blue. Mike Kisel one half of those German guys, so we get well a German guy. He'll be on at eighth five talk about the Bayern Games taking place May tenth. At more lined Lockerhouse and Lisa Skinner with the book eight thirty Truth Lies and alzheimer Its Secret Faces. Of course I have a profound connection, sadly with Alzheimer's disease, given that's what took my father, just an insidious disease. And speaking of diseases, I'll pivot over to this one given the nice kind I was thinking yesterday about the conversation with George Brenneman and Keith Tennefeld. We spent an hour talking about wellness, and of course the issue of vaccines came up a little bit, and just alternative ways of viewing things and alternative medicines they are, they do exist out there in the world, and getting ahead of problems seems to be the way of the future. So you don't have to treat the symptom. Let's get ahead of what caused the symptom, and uh, maybe live a better life. Measles now r F k. Junior was talking about this just the other day. He was quizzed on it, and he had something pretty profound to say, which you know, kind of dovetails into a broader view of reporting. Generally, the press can't stop obsessing over measles. You read about it all the time. Oh my god, measles case rise, some parents become vaccine enthusiasts, US measles cases near nine hundred outbreaks reported in ten states. US measles case near nine hundred outbreaks. Measles maybe making a comeback in the United States. Okay, so these headlines go around and you think, oh my god, uh, these anti acxers are crazy, and you know they're they're they're going to cause them measles epidemic. Well a senior car I had the measles as a kid, didn't kill me.
Speaker 2: So it makes you.
Speaker 1: Think measles is this huge problem, but in reality it's not. And this is the point rf K Junia was making the other day. It's what the press chooses to report on. And I think of these the Tesla's being damaged, and you think there's this massive epidemic of Tesla dealerships being set out fire, and you can't drive a Tesla, or you wouldn't be inclined to buy one, even if you were previously inclined to buy one, because oh my god, my car's going to get vanilized. On a percentage basis, it's really not happening that much. There is a small subset of insane batcrap insane Marxist out in the world who get all the media attention because they're lighting Tesla's on fire. You can get a thousand people to show up literally anywhere through social media these days. It's easy to coordinate like an event, a rally, and it's going to get attention, most notably if it's along the batcrap insane lines. Thousands of people gather to protest Doge. Why are you protesting Doge? They're trying to save you taxpayer dollars. We're underwater, we're thirty six trillion growing dollars in debt. They're just merely getting rid of stupid, stupid, stupid programs that you shouldn't want a fund. Why do you care if Doge is working to get rid of like one hundred years one hundred and fifty year old people from the social security roles. But if you show up in a large group large quote unquote large relative to what a thousand people show up at a park to protest what DOGE is doing, and think, oh my god, this is a mass movement. This actually has legs. No, if you're scratching your head wondering what the hell is going on in this country, you're looking at something that is the smallest, slimmest, the minority of people. But they get press and they get traction. So going back to RFKS point on This News Nations, Chris Cuomo asked Kennedy about the vaccines. You know people aren't getting vaccinated. You were against vaccine. Now it's a problem referring to measles. What responsibility do you have in terms of how people feel about getting vaccinated. He's like, wait a second, your focus is on the wrong thing in terms of he said, right now, we had eight hundred and forty two cases in the nation of what how many millions people have three hundred and fifty million people we're talking about and focusing on eight hundred and forty two cases, he said, Europe has ten times that number. Are numbers of plateaued? You said, do you argue to people who have concerned about MMR vaccine, whether it's due to the aborted fetal debris or DNA particles, whatever reason you might have to be skeptical and cynical about it. COVID nineteen problems associated with a vaccine. Yeah, we're learning more and more about it. There's a reason to be jaded, in cynical and set skeptical about the vaccines. I understand that that's why we need more information so we can make informed decisions on what we are doing and what we're putting in our body. And he says we're developing this hopefully something on alternative treatment at the CDC to protect protocols for treating measles. Among them, he said, we've had four measles deaths in this country in twenty years. We have one hundred thousand autism cases a year. This is something that George and Keith were talking about yesterday, this increase in autism cases. We have thirty eight percent of our kids now are diabetic or pre diabetic. That should be in the headlines. He said, when I was a kid, there were two million measles cases a year and none of them got headlines, and we had four hundred deaths. We had death between one in twelve hundred and one and ten thousand. We have so many kids now who are afflicted by chronic disease, and the media never covers that. They only want to cover measles. You said, what I've been saying to people is let's pay attention to other illnesses as well, illnesses that are really really damaging our country, that are existential for our country. We now spend almost a trillion dollars a year on diabetes and metabolic disorder. You talk about the millions of dollars a year are to be spending on autism. You said autism in nineteen seventy one and ten thousand Americans today it's one in thirty one. You said, in California, it's one in every twenty kids, one in every twelve point five.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: That's what the media ought to focus on, and it's not. And because of that, we don't have the solutions. We don't have the cures. You want to get a measles vaccine, go ahead. You don't want to get one, fine, but the choice is the media's focus on something. It's inflammatory, the idea that oh my god, we're all going to die and you can pick and choose literally any topic, but you got to step back from it. This is kind of like my broader perception this morning. You really have you think you're insane that, oh my god, the whole world is believes that men can become women and that they should have the right to part to compete in women's sports, and you think that's wrong. You're on the right side of the argument. But the insanity and the screaming and the yelling and the whaling, as I always point out, the whaling and the nashing and gnashing of teeth from the far left, the Marxists out there. They want you to make They want you to believe that they represent the majority viewpoint, and they do not not even close. The media chooses to elevate the absurd and the bizarre, and they are the absurd and the bizarre. But the perception is that you're the one that is in the margins. You're not, absolutely not. You know why you're not because you don't engage in behavior that is so bizarre. It's like clickbait. People tend to click on and elevate to a higher level. What is crazy? You know you do it. You go on websites and you're like, what the hell is that all about? Tesla Arson suspect released after lawyer argues detention would disrupt sex change treatments.
Speaker 2: That's a headline.
Speaker 1: That's a real thing, that's gonna get clicks because you're like in a state of disbelief that that's even a concept. Five fifty five Kcity Talk Station, Hang out to be.
Speaker 2: Right back.
Speaker 4: The bet.
Speaker 2: It's five forty three on a Friday. First, little motorhead and get you out of bed.
Speaker 5: Let me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's like a hot cup of coffee, isn't it. Always?
Speaker 1: Let enjoin my fridays. Get a little motorhead going there and let us see here. Oh Joe, I should have known this. I did take German in high school and five hour German in college. Byron games we're talking about with Mike Haisel one half of the German guys. Are those German guys at eight oh five? And I said, Bayron, it's b A Y E r N. And I should have known it's Byron if you want to pronounce it correctly, So correcting the record on that. And we're gonna get the local stories next. If you want to call Phil free five one three, seven, four nine, eight two three talk POUN five fifty on AT and T phones. Police shooting U Yeah, person shot and killed by CINCINNT police officer during a foot pursuit happened at East Price Sill yesterday morning. Police Chief DG said officers with the department's Digit of Apprehension squad with other uniformed officers found out about a stolen vehicle the apartment complex, so they showed up and approached the vehicle. Four people got out and ran away, one of them with a gun. So police chase the guys that ran. I say, guys, I don't know specifically. Anyway, the people who ran from the vehicle said once since an officer discharged their weapon towards a person who had the gun, killing them. At the time they were interviewed by CPO Fiji could not say whether that person had aimed or fired a shot at police before they since I police officers shot, they did find a gun near the person who was shot, though no officers were hurt, thankfully. After the press conference, so FOP president Ken Kober, who comes in the program regularly, which I appreciate, said the man did point the gun at the officer. Quote understand that if you shoot or point a gun at a police the odds of you getting shot are very very high, Kober said. CPO asked how people could trust his account of the events. Kober's response, the body camera. Wait till the body camera is released. It's very evident what happened. And Cobra expects at eleven o'clock this morning, when when there's going to be a press conference, that they will release the body camera video, although there's no confirmation from the Chief Thigi that it will happen. But wait till eleven o'clock. I would like to think that they will release the body camera footage. That's what it's all about. Uh, the see two of the three other three people, So we got dead guy.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 1: Two of the other three who ran from the officers have been apprehended. Apparently one still remains at large. So now you know what's going to have I don't know what the races of these people, but you know, let's face it, if it's a black person, probably the Black Lives Matter people will take to the streets regardless of whether or not the dead guy aimed at gun at police officers. I'll keep my popcorn out my feet up and wait around for the information to come out before I drowning conclusions. But like I said before, if that happens, you're going to have this perception. You know that this is this craziness is going on in the world. And trust me, if there's any riots against what the police officers did in this particular situation, it will be well covered, won't it. Five twenty six, fifty five KRCD talk station more local stories. Marks on the phone. Mark, I will take your call right out of the gate. When we get back, I appreciate your calling.
Speaker 6: Be right back fifty five KRC What if you had an extra thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Jentleenen weather storms are likely around one PM and the best chance of storms I guess between five and ten pm according to the weather forecast underscore A forecast maybe some severe storms seventy five to high today overnight little fifty nine with scattered showers. Rounds of showers and storms are likely after noon Tomorrow, high sixty three, a few showers over night they go away. It'll be fifty two for the low and then an overcast Sunday morning for the pig isolated afternoon showers a possibilities sixty two for the high It's sixty two right now.
Speaker 2: It's a five KERRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Five thirty Happy Friday, Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming at a one hour. One of my favorite segments of the week. Love talking to Dave. Love talking to you too if I won three seven four eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on eighteen and T phones and remember podcasts at you five Caarresey dot com, like, for example, the hour I spent with Adam Killer or other George Brunneman and Keith Tenenfeld talking about health issues yesterday and on that topic, Mark's on the phone by Vaccines.
Speaker 2: Mark, thanks for calling this morning. I appreciate your holding over the break.
Speaker 7: No problem, Brian, Good morning. Two or three real quick points I think I would have pointed out to the media or whoever RFK was talking to. Several weeks ago, I saw a map of the Thesle out breaks and it was in Arizona, Texas, down in the southwest. Just this so happens where all the illegal are coming across the border. They're lucky we don't have a Bola, and God knows what others to come from these other countries. I mean, you know, think about it. These people are unvetted, they're not being tested for anything, and they're worried about I mean, I had chicken pops and measles as a kid. Yeah, stuck for a few days or a week or two, I don't even remember. But it wasn't I mean, it was expected that there was going to be an outbreak of it at school and people were going to have it. I mean, it was just the way it was. But the other thing is is these liberals. Somebody a long time ago, I remember them saying it a talk show O said that liberalism was a mental illness.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: I laughed at the time. But they're proving it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And my advice to any of these people that are on the left, sit down one weekend and roll some tape of yourselves and how you're acting, and just try to be as honest with yourself as possible. And is are you proud of yourself? Are you? Are you proud of what you've become and what you're spewing and how you're acting the way you look. I mean, I'm not kidding you. If when you watch some of the video of these so called protests, if you didn't know any better, you would think that Barnum and Bailey Circus was in talent exactly. I mean, it's just an absolute disgrace. I mean, I swear cavemen were smarter than the human race today. I mean, it's just it's absolutely these people have devolved into mental insanity that they cannot just look in the mirror. I mean, they must not own merrors because I well.
Speaker 1: Well they they surround themselves in their own echo chamber. They're incapable of being introspective and more fundamentally, they're incapable of being objective.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's again you hear this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I go back to the transpart is probably the most great at the greatest illustration of this. You know, there was a point in time in the world, and it was like two seconds ago in terms of you know, our our our history that you were treated with therapy. If you were a guy and you thought you were a woman living in a man's body, they put you down on the couch and gage in some sort of Freudian analysis from psychological analysis that help you work through the psychological problem you are having. No, you're not really a woman biologically. Look you have a penis. I mean there, it is right there. So don't say you're a woman. That's just absolutely wrong. Let's work through the issues of why you believe you're a woman. That's logic and reason. But you see this, they come out and no, no, no, they're actually a woman. Like what you look at me, like, wait, you're making this argument. Can't you step outside of that for a moment. And I really, I fully believe that they really don't believe that the people who are advocating on behalf of these so called rights and this transition surgery and thing. I kind of believe the vast majority of them because the vast majority of people don't don't feel that way. They don't believe there are some other sex that they really don't believe in the words that they're saying. They're just making the argument to divide people and maybe basically rex society. You know, it's just one more little thing to divide us all and make us angry with each other.
Speaker 7: Well, the thing is is that a lot of times what it boils down to and it comes back to is just one word, and it's truth. I mean, the truth of the matter is can always like dog, I watch an interview with that team of people, and I'm gonna tell you what an impressive Some of these young men are twenty one years old, dressed in a suit, and they talk more eloquently than half of the people that are sitting up on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they and.
Speaker 7: They care about what they're doing and the money that they're finding. And you know, and then you watch these clowns that stand on the steps of the Capitol and they're singing some stupid song and it's like, do you guys ever go back and watch tape of yourselves? Because and Chuck Schumer, I mean, I could go on and on and on. I mean, it's out there for everybody to see. And it's good because they're they're destroying themselves.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I think, see, see, Mark.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 1: Just you landed on the point that I firmly believe. And that's kind of where I was going in that first sort of rant I did in the opening of show You're right and let them destroy themselves because common sense, logic, and reason is what I think most of Americans actually have. In the final analysis, some are smarter than others, some are better at, you know, being objective, engaging in logic and reason. But in the final analysis, we all see that and we recognize that they are destroying themselves. Let them because all they are doing is raging and screaming and yelling. And yet when you push, when push comes to the shove, when you try to get them to articulate why they are raging, you find out they're raging against something that makes perfect sense, like the doge people saving taxpayer dollars, trying to salvage Medicare, medicator and social Security rather than end it, which is what they're arguing without any factual basis. So yeah, let them, let them rage, let them continue. It'll be widely reported because it is crazy. And that's why it sounds like there's a lot of people out there who embrace that ideology. And I would argue there are not. Colleges are trying to churn them out. We got public schools that are trying to churn out. But what they're churning out are useful idiots who may be inclined to gather and join with that group because they're incapable of the type of of of introspection or objectivity that you're talking about. That's the fear I have we're dumbing down our children to the point where they can't be objective or run the real and look at what they're saying and say, you know what, I look like an idiot? Five thirty seven fifty five KRC the talk station stick around.
Speaker 2: We've got more to talk about. Stack is stupid coming up Unless.
Speaker 8: You get to five KRC.
Speaker 2: Do you mention? Uh Chenna and I what a four K asked?
Speaker 1: You have an opportunity for some rain storms are likely around one, they said, the best chances between five and ten pm. Maybe severe seventy five for the high today, overnight little fifty nine, just a little rain sixty three to high tomorrow with showers and storms likely after twelve pm. Dating showers overnight fifty two for the low and for the Flying Pig Marathon on Sunday, We'll have an overcast morning, the storm cells moving out. Isolated afternoon showers a possibility with the highest sixty two. It's sixty two right now, it's about here. See talk station time for first traffic Chuck.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Tramphic Center.
Speaker 10: You see how the Weight Boss Center offers comprehensive obcenty care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 9: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 10: Highway traffic in decent shape for your Friday morning commute, no rex to deal with and no overnight work. Groos North found seventy five doing just fine out of Florence into downtown in less than ten minutes. Chuck Ingram on fifty five care seat the talk station?
Speaker 8: Can you play John the Fisherman?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: By forty one about KRCD talk station. It's what we do on a Friday at this time.
Speaker 8: How's this tradition?
Speaker 2: Amen?
Speaker 1: Brother gotta do it? Jest Trekkers a Primus fan and let's sure can play a bass whether you like the music or not. You got to give them inch props for awesome musical skills. Anyway, over to the stackers stupid unless you want to Callifi went three seven four n two three talk feel free go to Florida.
Speaker 8: Aw's this tradition?
Speaker 2: Naked Florida guy.
Speaker 8: Aw's this tradition?
Speaker 1: Florida man being labeled as a birthday suit banded by local deputies after they said he tried to break into a Flagler County home while naked? What sixty three years Matthew Hunter, a Palm Coast facing charge of attempted burglary, exposure of sex organs, and criminal mischief. Saturday, April twenty six, after midnighte Flager County Sheriff's Office received a nine to one one calling a naked guy later identified as Hunter, trying to break into a residence on Fox Hallway, Palm Coast. Women deside the home called nine to one one after hearing well it sounded like a knife trying to cut through the lock on her front door.
Speaker 2: What deputies got up? That found?
Speaker 1: The deputy showed up, They found a Hunter walking away from the woman's house completely naked. They discovered gouage marks in the doorframe and molding a cord. To the rest report. Hunter is the woman's neighbor. After David State's woman saw Hunter through her front window as he yelled that he was going to come inside the home and demanded that she opened the door. Yeah, you wouldn't want to do that at the Thomas household. It's not a question of whether a firearm would be present. They'd just be me sitting there trying to figure out which one I would hold.
Speaker 11: Now who can argue with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do I grab?
Speaker 1: Deputies later spoke with Hunter's wife at the Oh Thanks Joe spoke with Hunter's wife at the home, who said her husband had been drinking heavily and was taking psychiatric medication. She admitted that she was afraid of him, but had no idea he had left the house. Court record show Hunters expected to appear for arraiment May twenty seven. All right, this one in Virginia. Woman is safe after allegedly being abducted and assaulted by a naked guy Mount Vernon Trail, Old north Town Old Town North earlier in this month. Victim, according to the recent release search Warrant You, suspect pinned both of her forearms down and she fought to break free. The victim said she realized the suspect was fully naked when he was on top of her, and that she saw his well genitals. Victim tried to push him away, specifically with a right hand of the suspect's left arm. Victim said she yelled and the suspect covered her mouth with his hand, telling her do you want to die? Happened nine April nineteen. Victim relaxing in the grass in a well lit area and told police she noticed the man walked nearby and he was suddenly on top of her and pinning her to the ground. Suspect allegedly fled after a bystander showed up. Bystander called nine one one told police that a completely naked man tried to kiss and assault a female and ran off. Police found scratches of the victims risting up her left arm, as well as large scratches in a right cheek and left jaw. Suspect, thirty nine year old Charlie ray Sieda, junior of Alexandria, arrested one hundred yards away, found wearing a jacket without a shirt, pants.
Speaker 2: And no underwear.
Speaker 1: Accord to the search warn't Affidavid, please found a beer can left at the scene.
Speaker 8: Okay, a's this tradition.
Speaker 1: And five beers of the same brand in a twelve pack by victim. I don't know if you got drunk on one beer, just reporting what's what's what's written serreta being held with that bond, charged with abduction with the intent to defile, assault and battery, and public intoxication. So apparently, yes, he did drink all those beers. Joe facing fine up to one hundred thousand dollars and up to twenty years to life for the felony abduction charge, up to a year in jail and or a twenty five hundred dollars fine for the assault and battery charge and a two hundred and fifty dollars fine for public intoxication.
Speaker 2: There you go. Don't do that, boy.
Speaker 1: You should do is get in touch with Peter spier Kelllorwilliams seven Hills Awesome real estate agents providing true value in a real estate agent. You know you really need that and they do wonderful, wonderful work. Peter Shabirieze is some of the finest real estate team guarantee you. They're the number one real estate group guarantee you the five star experience and programs glore instant off for program. Call Peter, I don't want to show my home. I went out. I need to leave within forty eight hours. You're going to have a cash offer from the subren group, which means like starting today, you can be gone out in three weeks cash The Keys program leverage their cash to make a cash offer from the home you're looking at. Get better terms, conditions, and well, beat out the throng of masses who are trying to buy the same home and then cool, Thank you and salute to the Sabri Group, the Patriot Program, Veterans, VA folks, police fire ems ten percent of their commission given to you as a rebate at closing. So doing wonderful things over the Sabrin group and you will be very pleased with their efforts. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com to call them, of course five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 9: Do you know what will be costing more to deterror?
Speaker 8: My groceries and shopping bills are out of control.
Speaker 9: Everything has gotten way more expensive. How about the weather for tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I brought an umbrella with me.
Speaker 1: Should I go golfing or not?
Speaker 9: Do you know how long it'll take to drive to work?
Speaker 12: There's a huge acident on the parkway this morning.
Speaker 1: You're gonna want to leave extra early to beat the traffic home this evening.
Speaker 9: Check in at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: You'll soon know.
Speaker 9: Here we go again, because we know fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 8: Seems everything costs.
Speaker 1: Five fifty to fifty About kar City Talk station Happy Friday. Check Friday, Dave had a couple with six thirty, a full hour with Corey Bowman in the studio. As we had approached the election, the primary coming up on Tuesday. Get out and vote Corey Bowman. He's a good guy, all right. We got a man facing charge of that. Police say he broke into a woman's home intending to sexually assault her. Investigators say Juan Miguel Hernandez, who's forty nine, broke into the woman's home in League City, Texas. Unidentified woman said she suddenly awoke on April fifteenth to see a naked guy at the end of her bed touching her leg. That's when there, you, well, I think we get in a good idea. I think I already mentioned that intending to sexually assault her. That's when she realized it was her neighbor. Woman said she screamed, at which point the man climbed on top of her. She pushed him off, reached for her phone as he fled.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's exactly what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Joe just said I'd reach for a clock, and well, yeah, absolutely, or my sig P three twenty conveniently located right there.
Speaker 2: By my bed.
Speaker 1: As this tradition, the phone's in the other room. What's more important if someone breaks in your house a phone or a firearm?
Speaker 11: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: The sig or one of the other ones. A woman said to me with local news. I was like, what are you doing in my apartment? And as soon as I said that, he stood up and was completely naked. As soon as I got on the phone, he hurried up, pulled up his boxers and ran out of my apartment. It's definitely terrifying, yea, I'd say so. Police arrested Hernandez during a traffic stop on April twenty fifth, now charged with bergerley with the intent to commit sexual offense. Security footage appears to show Germandez scaling the woman's back patio to enter her apartment. Happened at eleven pm. Women didn't see him until twelve thirty a m. She said he was there that whole time and I had no clue. Makes me question, Hey, he'd been in my apartment before. Oh that's creepy, isn't it. Officer Jose Hortega the Lague City Police Department said he may have targeted other women. He said aren't rolling out the possibility there are other victims, so they're encouraging folks that may have had an accounter with them to get in touch with the police. Department go to Dover, Tennessee. Woman currently hospitalized and will soon face charges following an incident at Tennessee Highway happen Wednesday. Deput's with the Stuart County Sheriff's Officer responded to several calls of a disordly man on Highway nine Wednesday. Upon arrival, they found the man naked carrying a pipe pause waiting for it Joe attempting to hit vehicles. Men then demand then went after the deputies. Once they exited their vehicles, suspect tased by a deputy, taken the air into custody and taken to a local hospital for treatment and charges pending.
Speaker 2: Uh Sarnac Lake, New York.
Speaker 1: Sarnac Lake Police Department said they arrested the man of multiple charges after officers found him naked in a residence hot tub. Police called to home and Aberson Avenue Wednesday after resident report and man had broken into a building to access the tub. Police found twenty eight year old Achilles Reinhardt of Phoenix at the scene determined he had entered a fenced in backyard before accessing the secured building to get the hot tub. They also learned he had stolen an e bike from the village of Sarnac Lake, the charge of burglary, criminal mischief, grand larcity, criminal trespass, and criminal possession of stolen property. Police said he'd recently been released from the Clinton Correctional Facility after serving a sentence for criminal contempt Okay, and finally go back to Florida Carryville, specifically, Florida woman recovering after deputy say she escaped from a storage container after being brutally attacked and sexually assaulted. Maybe have an award to give out, according to Washington County Sheriff's Office, a passer by on Douglas Ferry Road called the Telecommunications center saying he found a woman who was a victim of brutal attack. Caller said the victim had been severely beaten and needed medical attention. Emergency personnel showed up. Sheriff said the victim was still handcuffed and had duct tape.
Speaker 2: Around her neck.
Speaker 1: Medical services law enforcement officers who went to the scene said the victim told them that David Errold Gibson, forty our award winner this morning. A Carryville showed up a house, knocked on the door, told her what her husband told her, that her husband and brother in law were thieves and owed him money. That's when the victim said he began taking items from her house, knocked on her, knocked her to the ground, handcuffed her and removed her clothing. While on the ground naked, the victim said, Gibson began attacking her mother in law. Victims said, last time she saw her mother in law, her eyes were swollen shut and there was blood all over her face. Go ahead and roll it.
Speaker 13: Joe Perio is the biggest douchehop You should see this guy in.
Speaker 2: All the galaxies.
Speaker 13: There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of doue edom. Good going, dou Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: Had the toe tattooed guy looks like he's one of those faces of math kind of persons.
Speaker 2: He's just the absolute.
Speaker 1: Nightmare of a mugshot here anyway, horrific situation. He is our award winner this morning. More to talk about after the six o'clock aar and of course Tech Friday with Dave hat Are coming up with six thirty.
Speaker 2: I hope you can stick around from a.
Speaker 9: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: Don't get sucked.
Speaker 9: We offer a wake up calls. Wake up Trump is not playing games. Klay Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: If it's six so sick to be about kr CD talk station by Thomas. You're wishing everybody a very happy Friday, of course, inviting you to stick around all morning. Got some great stuff coming up, most notably the bottom of the Earth this hour Tech Friday with Dave hat teror cyber threats on nuclear facilities. Concerns GM's spying on you, and it says it can sell your data because you drive on public roads, what you do in public you have no right to privacy over. GM says, so sorry, sucks to be you. If you have a GM car, they're going to sell your data.
Speaker 2: That just infuriates me.
Speaker 1: Fraudster's impersonating employee self service websites. That's the third topic with Dave Hatter following one hour from now seven o five, Corey Bowman, who is running for Mary, have an opportunity to maybe out vote aftab Pervoll. Top two vote getters advanced to November election. Corey Bowman, of course on the Republican side of the ledger and after Parvoll presumably yes, he will emerge victorious. Can you imagine if he came in third? Corey Brumman and Brian Frank were the top two vote getters. Oh my god, the stuff that dreams are made of. Anyway, he'll be in studio for an how we'll go over the issues with Corey and find out the campaign's going. I wish him all the best. Fast forward to eight oh five, Mi Kaisel, one of those German guys. We'll have a singular German guy talk about the Byron games happened to May tenth at the more Line Loggerhouse.
Speaker 2: What's that all about? We'll find out together.
Speaker 1: At eight oh five, Lisa Skinnerill joined the program at a thirty, author of the book Truth Lies in Alzheimer's It's Secret Faces.
Speaker 2: So uh it is fine. Pig weekend.
Speaker 1: And thank you Joe Strecker for letting me know which roads are going to be closed so I can let the listening audience know before we move on to other topics. Oh, just for Friday Marathon weekend Friday two day following roads will be closed. Marringway westbound from Elm Street to Knox Joe knoxall Way. That'll be midnight to eleven fifty nine pm. Marringway eastbound from Elm Street to Joe Knox all Way nine am to three thirty pm. Marringway eastbound from Elm Street to Joe Knox all Way six thirty to nine thirty pm. West Pete Roseway all sides from Guest Street to Central Avenue six forty five to eight forty five pm. Guest Street all sides from Third Street to Marringway six forty five to eight forty five. Marringway all sides from Freeman Avenue to Elm Street six forty five to eight forty five.
Speaker 2: And that's today, Joe and Joe said.
Speaker 1: The whole list is on my blog page fifty five Casey dot com. Oh there's a Reds game tonight as well. Oh yeah, six pm. Great, that ought to make things really easy to navigate. All right, Well, whatever, since it is Tech Friday, and Joe found these couple of artics. I actually didn't see him when I was doing my research for the program this morning and yesterday afternoon, but we engaged in a brief conversation about Congress from Massy being one of two votes against that revenge porn bill that was passed out of the House like four h two to two. It was overwhelming bipartisan support. And on its face, you're like, yeah, that makes sense. Why shouldn't it be criminal criminal behavior to post something like that online? And Congressman Massy articulated a concern over the slippery slope, which Joe noted on top of the page slippery slope mastery warned about, and it's happening in Georgia as well as Texas, and this is rather concerning.
Speaker 2: Georgia.
Speaker 1: House pass the bill which is intended to protect residents from artificially intelligence aided political deception, and it passed overwhelmingly one fifty two to twelve bills aimed at reducing misleading AI generated political ads under this bill originally authored by one of the Republicans down there at John Albert you probably don't know them. Since this is Georgia. It would be a crime for political campaigns to knowingly publish certain audio or AI made materials within ninety days of an election. In order to be subjected to this law and whatever penalties go along with the material would have to be posted with the intention of significantly influencing a candidate's chance of being elected, creating confusion about the election, or otherwise influencing the result. Including a disclaimer on the advertisement would protect a candidate who posted an AD and would otherwise violate the law. Its like, oh, this was generated with AI, or this article or this ad contains lies, so you can feel free to ignore it anyway. If you let people know it's artificial intelligence or it otherwise is a lie, then you're not subjected to it.
Speaker 2: They said.
Speaker 1: That is narrowly tailored to catch purposely deceptive speech and contains a carve out for constitutionally protected speech, including satire, parody, works of art, and journalism. Well, that carve out is important because the Supreme Court has already addressed that if it's obvious satire and parody, then you can, Yes, you're allowed to publish it. It's good subject to free speech. But as I was reading this and I was thinking that, well, it sounds great, but what happened in the Trump Biden election? What happened within thirty days of the election. I can't remember specifically what timeframe it was. That was when the BIDENFP top story hit the fan, and that could have been very problematic for Joe Biden. And the Biden team recognized that. So what did they do. They gathered together and got fifty you know, distinguished reputable intelligence and former intelligence officials and all these huhas and blah blah blahs and the former CIA folks who said, what it has all the earmarks of, you know, a Russian propaganda that was widely disseminated very close to the election and had the effect of and of course the mainstream media ran with that all over the place. Going back to the point I was making early in the program, this isn't real. This is Russian propaganda. There's no way this is real. And that's the laptop that contained all that damning information about Hunter Biden using his position as a Biden family member with no skill sets or other marketable characteristics, drug addiction on his resume, widely known about that, and his antics with prostitutes widely known, and he's got to have something that's saleable. Well, his name was salable, His access to his dad was saleable and marketable, and he went all over the world providing access to his father. The records document that emails on the laptop reflect that that actually happened, emails that were verified in advance by the FBI. All the material is already known to the FBI to be true. There was this was not a Russian hoax, and the FBI had already determined that. And yet what did the Biden administration do with access to the FBI and knowledge about the truth and source. Joe Biden knew all of this happened because he was the one that was that was accessible. He's the one that his son arranged meetings with among these various global people out in the world seeking and to curry favors from the bidenmanministration. They rolled that letter out an absolute outright fabrication and nothing is that were becoming these intelligence officials. So how do you separate artificially intelligence, you know, created information and advertising, whether it's on the Internet or an ai AD that's run on the television.
Speaker 2: That's a fabrication.
Speaker 1: Versus a letter, an open letter to the US population from noted notables telling you an outright lie. Would they be subject to this Georgia law. Well, it's not artificial intelligence. Someone actually typed it up, but it's artificial in this in the subject matter, you've been lied to? Can you prosecute someone for lying to you? And ponder that one just for a moment. You ever been lied to by a politician?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And over in Texas we've got a kind of a similar thing going on House Texas House of Representatives passed the House built three sixty six a couple of days ago, criminalizing political memes about government disclaimers or without government disclaimers. Driven by concerns over AI altered media, law requires disclosure for substantially altered images, audio or video in political ads spending over one hundred dollars and applies to candidates, officeholders, and committees. Fire letters face the class a misdemeanor published punishable, buy up to one year in jail, and finds up to four thousand dollars. Critics, of course, are concerned about risking suppressing free speech, So you get into this massive gray area, don't you. I mean, can I go back to politicians the words out of their mouth quite often are just outright fabrications. Can you be prosecuted for speaking non America First Amendment? So AI is, I admit how concerning it is. And I you know, from the lawyer perspective, you know this the idea in the criminal justice system, and I've made this point before. You know, we're all going to be so jaded and cynical about what we are seeing. And the better AI becomes at mimicing genuine quality looking like video, like from a cell phone or other video, it's like you can't tell the difference between something that was ol cloth created by AI and the real McCoy. And you know, criminal defense attorney's going to run into court saying, oh, that video is not real, that's a fabrication, and we're gonna be left with reasonable doubt. I remember the criminal justice standard to find you guilty is beyond a reasonable doubt. And so I can see that being a genuine problem when you're faced with you know, look, look at the your eyes aren't lying. Look you see the video. This is the perp. He walked into the convenience store. He held the gun to the clerk's head. He robbed the place. Well, is that video really genuine or was it created by AI? And when you become jaden and cynical and well because of things like the aforementioned letter I mentioned regarding Hunter Biden's laptop and outright lie from your government. The government is representing the state or the county in a prosecution. So you've got this jaden and cynical attitude about what the government is telling you thanks to what the government has told us in the form of multitudes of lies and misinformation and disinformation. And you look at the side like of a Black Lives Matter group who doesn't trust anything the police or the justice system does. In the first instance, you have a hard time convicting people, even if the video is genuine and real. That worries me. AI worries me for large to a large degree. Six seventeen. Right now, a couple up with sixt eighteen Uh oh, look west side, Jim Keeper's on the phone, looking forward to talking with him. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk ton five fifty on AT and T phones. Here's a website you need to check out if you want to get rid of odors. It's odor exit dot com, od O or xit dot com. I don't care what kind of oder you got, It'll get rid of it, except for the stench of politics, even skunkspray. I've had many listeners over the year saying, you know what it actually does? Work on skonk spray. It does several odor exit products. It's easy to figure out which one you need by going to the website. Buy it, use it as directed, and it will get rid of whatever odor you're trying to get rid of. Because it comes with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee, you can buy it with confidence knowing that that pest of pestcilar, whether it's smoke, mold, mildew, human odor, pet odor, is going to be eradicated. Have any questions maybe techniques about how to use the pro call them up as a toll free number made right here in the Greater Cincinnati area and they've been in business more than twenty five years. Local product, locally owned, and it works. Odor exit dot Com. Buy it online, ship to your door very promptly, or buy it locally. There's a search engine on the website to tell you where the stores are that carry the products.
Speaker 2: Odor Exit dot.
Speaker 9: Com fifty five the talk station when you.
Speaker 2: All right well.
Speaker 1: In the ever changing landscape of weather forecasting, what I've been reading all morning apparently has changed a little bit. So today Joe's been following this. We get a possibility storms out of around one pm, with the best chance five to ten pm strong insevere storms are possible highest seventy five, then to fifty nine overnight. Now they say the forecast originally said storms likely tomorrow after noon, but Joe's saying the revised forecast says they start around nine o'clock in the morning and they last until four rain and or storm. So sixty three for the High Anyway, fifty two overnight and then the now predicting rain early on Sunday and it'll clear out by what do you say, nine am, Joe? About nine am, that'd be a flying pig marathon day sixty two for the High Anyway. Right now it is sixty two and typer traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UC Help Tramphink center, you see health we Bought center offers comprehensive obesity Karen Advanced search of co expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 9: That's nine three, nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 10: Highways in pretty good shape this morning with no accidents to deal with. Southbound seventy one doing fine through Blue Ash into ken Wood. Inbound seventy four under five minutes coming down the hill from North Bend to the seventy five ramp.
Speaker 9: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty three, the fifty five KRC DE Talk Stations, I'm very happy Friday to you, looking forward talking to Westside Jim Keefer David. He's excited too, What saie Jim who won't let me tag him in Facebook post Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 14: I don't know what's up with that, Brian, because that share button is on there and it always has been, and my sight is public, so I don't know what's wrong to.
Speaker 1: Be on your end, buddy, Hey man, all I did was I saw your post and I wanted to do my own post. Let my friends on Facebook know that Corey Bowman was going to be on the program at seven five, and I tried to link or tag Corey. That didn't work, and I tried to tag you and that didn't work, and so I just shared your post, which was the point of my comment on it. Anyway, got the message out regardless, and I appreciate you sharing the information on your page.
Speaker 2: Jim, I really do.
Speaker 14: I think that's a leveling thing.
Speaker 2: Brian Sims, Township.
Speaker 14: Hey, I want to do my little PSA for myself the truck commanders on the road tomorrow, so everybody better wash out. Starting about eight or about seven point thirty, I should say, I do my contribution to civics and between tomorrow and then Tuesday night. Again, I'm just urging p The reason I say it as emerging people. If you have friends who live in the city and Corey will follow you bring us up in about forty minutes, please talk to them about voting, because it would be just so terrific if Corey actually beat AFTAB, even just in the primary, to come up and do that, it would make AFTA get a little worrysome.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and I that's why I say.
Speaker 1: You know, even my left leaning friends who say they'd never vote for a Republican for whatever reason they've concluded. If you're angry about the City of council and the mayor denying you control over your own neighborhood. Do it as a protest vote in the primary. It doesn't mean they're going to get elected. It just means you're sending a message to AFT have pro ball exactly.
Speaker 14: And you know it would be good to hear what he has to say. If he gets beat by Corey, I should say or Brian Frank. I got to throw that one in there also.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to avoid raising bringing his name up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I know, But anyway, I'm looking forward to maybe and hopefully hearing the next mayor at seven o five today, And I'm glad that you get him on and giving that help with his campaign.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy to do it. It seems like a genuine quality guy. And knowing about all the shenanigans that Todd Zenzer brings up on this program and on his Citizens Watchdog website, there's a lot of reasons for people to be dissatisfied and rather upset with the current administration. So I've got a lot of motivation to want to have him elected as mayor. So we'll see what he has to say coming up at seven oh five. And thank you west Side Jim as always for staying on top of things and for your service to the community by working on the elections as truck commander, and also for recommending me and steering me in the right direction to Bud Herbert Motors. He's the reason I ended up working with but Herbert Motors because I had a terrible experience and he heard me lamenting it on the morning show and he said, Brian, just get in touch with but Herbert Motors.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wanted a new push empowered push moreer walk behind and when I got at the box or, it was just a miserable, miserable piece of garbage and it conked out the first time I try to use it, so I take it back. And I was lamenting that, and he said, Brian, but Herbert Motors they only sell the finest law and equipment and that is absolutely true, and they treat you great. They know everything there is to know about the products they sell. They service everything they sell, and you're going to be in something that they'll work with you to find the right item. What kind of utility tractor do you need? They'll figure that out with you. John Deere x Mark Steel, Honda Power Equipment, among the brands they sell. You can find it all online at but Herbertmotors dot com. You'll be working with one of the fifth generation family and operated Herbert family. When you're working with them, and they are really knowledgeable about what they sell. So work with the best company, Bud Herbertmotors dot com. Here's the number five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one five four one thirty two ninety.
Speaker 9: One fifty five KRC dot com. Your morning espresso starts right here. It's a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 15: We have had on agents that for fifteen twenty years, their whole job has been monitoring sex trafficking of children into our country. Report by Department of Homeland Security Inspector General's Office found that thirty two thousand unaccompanied miners failed to show up for immigration court hearings from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty four. Another two hundred and ninety one thousand illegal immigrant children did not receive court notices. The report stated that those who do not appear for court are considered at higher risk for trafficking, exploitation, and forced labor. I mean, we have three hundred and fifty thousand kids in this country.
Speaker 2: There is evil.
Speaker 9: If you don't believe in evil, it is evil.
Speaker 2: You do this to a you're evil.
Speaker 6: This Sean Hennity Show from Coast to coast later today.
Speaker 15: Now, don't get suckered into the same old freephone game by Big Wireless that comes with a lot of fine print plus plus plus plus oh. In other words, you pay more and more and more. At the end of the.
Speaker 1: Talk station, it's Fridays. We can do Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. You can find Dave Hatter's company which will take care of all your business computer needs, keep you out of trouble. Intrust it dot Com. Appreciate Dave joining the program every Friday to talk about these important issues and for what he does for the area. Of course, the business Courier says Dave and his team are the best in the business. Of course they are welcome back, Dave Hatter. Always a pleasure to talking with you.
Speaker 3: Always my pleasure to be here, Brian, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Well, subject matter is not exactly settling, but no, that's unfortunately and right out of the gate. Security threats to nuclear facilities where they're hacking into the nuclear facilities. I guess you can just add this to the list. They're literally hacking into everything.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Brian, that pretty much seems to be the case we seem to talk about week after week. So the FBI has identified sixteen critical infrastructure sectors. Obviously nuclear would be part of that. Probably I don't remember what the sixteen at the top of my head. That probably just fits into the general bucket of electrical grid infrastructure. And you know, whether it's the electric grid, whether it's water plants, whether it's logistics that you just you keep seeing these warnings over and over in different companies that are doing this sort of research, and you know, I'm really thankful there are folks out there besides the government that are in this space trying to protect this stuff. So, you know, a new ish term that has sprung up its operational technology. So information technology is the computers, the printers, the routers, the switches, all the things that you would see in a typical office or home office. Right. Operational technology is all the stuff that's typically going to be out in the shop, right on the floor, on the machinery, the sensors, the gauge is that sort of stuff, and increasingly these things are being connected for a long time, to the extent that plants were automated. That operational technology, which also then includes more specific things like skato or ICs or industrial Internet of Things, was often segregated from the IT but for ease of use, ease of management, ease of collecting the data that you can use from the OT to make this stuff more productive, more efficient, more effective, safer. Frankly, it's increasingly connected, and that's where a lot of this problem comes in. You know, if you have what in the business we would call it an air gapped OT environment, there's no way to get to it short of walking in there and connecting directly to it. It's not connected to the rest of your network. It's not connected to the Internet. Well that's that's much more difficult to hack, right, You've got to physically get some kind of device in there, like the stuck snet thing that happened in Iran. But increasingly this stuff is connected, and that's why I think we're seeing so much more of these sort of attacks. Right, whether it's China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, any of the access of Evil or other you know, lesser adversarial countries. They're going after this stuff not only to steal trade secrets, you know, not only to potentially steal money, because in some cases, you know, they'll attack these devices. These OT devices are typically much more they're more difficult to secure. They don't make anti virus and this sort of stuff for these things at this point, right they're usually running with very little resources. You know, it's not a full blown computer, so they're harder to defend in many ways. And sometimes the attack vector is to attack the OT to get to the it, to get to the data and the money. But you know, what they're pointing out here, and this has been my concern, and you and I have talked about it many times over the years, is you know, this OT powers a lot of things in the supply chain and a lot of things that make our modern digital society possible. And you know, there's a lot of concern. We've talked about it before. The FBI has warned that, you know, various adversarial nations have back doors planted in these things, and potentially, at some future point and the event of a kinetic war, flip a switch and you know, shut down the water, shut down the electric, shut down the supply chain. It's a real concern, and you know, we just keep seeing these reports. And I mean obviously, if you could potentially attack a nuclear plant and make it melt down or something, that would be a real concern and a real crisis. So yeah, the big takeaway from this at this point is to know that you know, anywhere you look like, you know just reading to this article. FBI issued a warning the private industry in July twenty twenty four, highlighting the growing cyber thread facing the US renewable energy sector. And you know, Resecurity is a company that put this initial report together. For folks interested in this, it's worth the read. I mean, if you if you don't have a deep interest in this, it's going to get pretty boring pretty quickly, probably. But again, I'm thankful there are folks out there researching this and thankful they're working with the government. I'm thankful that they're putting out warnings. And to me, it just reiterates we have got to as a society at every level, start to take security seriously. You know, we can't be focused on rushing software to market and let the market figure out where the bugs are, and they focused on market share that sort of thing. Our whole society depends on this, and if the grid goes down for an extended period of time because of a stuck SNT like attack that wipes out transformers and those have to be physically replaced, we're gonna have a big problem.
Speaker 1: So that's the understatement of the year. It doesn't take even much imagination to think of the chaos that would ensue if the electricity was shut off for an extended period of time. Let's pause, bring day back to talk about how GM says sucks to be you. You get no control over your data. We're collecting it. Period six thirty six. Time to me to recommend you get in touch with Chimney Care, Fireplaces Stove to get your chimney evaluated. Right, let's start with a free exterior evaluation. You know, water damage could be a real problem. You got an issue going on up there. You might not even know you got water leaking into your roof, and uh yeah, that could be a sizeable chunk of change if you've got to repair the damage from water. So find out if everything is in proper working order up there. Get a free exterior evaluation from the Chimney Care Fireplaces Stove. Now, if you've got a wood burning fireplace or stove with a chimney, of course take advantage of the Spring special. Woodburning sweep and evaluation also comes with the chimney evaluation of course, just one sixty nine ninety nine certified chimney sweep. We'll do a video camera inspection of your chimney. Make sure you aren't going to have a chimney fire that you haven't had one. If you have probably cracked the lining, your next one could be a major, major, burn the house down kind of problem. So take care of your safety and get the chimney swept. It's only one sixty nine to ninety nine while the Spring special is going on for both, call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business Burea locally on and operated since nineteen nine ninety eight or nineteen eighty eight rather two four eight ninety six hundred Online you can book the appointment as well and learn more.
Speaker 2: Chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC the talk station wil.
Speaker 8: Mar Valderrama and Breddy Rudby.
Speaker 3: Chener Night.
Speaker 1: Today we said they say one keym is about the time the storms are kicking in, but the best chance of storms five to ten pm, some strong, maybe severe damaging wind gusts a highest seventy five down to fifty nine overnight, So we have nine am to four pm rain tomorrow. On and off is what the revised forecast says. Sixty three for the High down to fifty two overnight and on Flying Pig Sunday early rain. They say it's now going to be clearing out by around nine am. Put your money on that if you want sixty two for the High, and it is sixty two right now as well.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KSh detalk station. Let's get a traffic.
Speaker 10: Update from the UC Health Traffic Center using help. White Ball center offers comprehensible BCD care and advanced searge co expertise called five one three nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three problems soapbound seventy five. An accident in Covington just as you come off of the Brand Spence Bridge. The left two lanes are currently blocked off. That may change as more emergency crews are headed to the scene. One car on its side. I'm also getting reports of a wreck on the Duly Bypass. Said old bumbo Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six about KRCD talk station Ryan Thomas with interest it Dave had are doing that thing we call tech Friday, interest dot Com. All right, I wouldn't be inclined to own a GM car, Dave, Well.
Speaker 3: Brian, Before we jump into this, I did want to just kind of tie up the loosens on that last story. Just yesterday, Security Week Magazine publish the story Canadian electric utility get by cyber attach.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez.
Speaker 3: And now the good news about this is it does not not CAUs any power outages. It doesn't look like it hit the OT side of the thing. That's parsia. I wanted to set up that definition. It appears to have only hit the IT side. You know when people say this all sounds so far fetched, you know.
Speaker 2: There you go, real life illustration of it right.
Speaker 3: There, real life instances of water plants, electric plants already. You know these things have happened. So anyhow, I find this story fascinating and indicative of where we are and where we're headed, and outrageous at the same.
Speaker 1: Timeous This is the GM giving you a metaphorical middle finger.
Speaker 3: Pretty much. I don't see it any other way, And it really speaks to so much of the privacy washing we see nowadays, and how your data in many cases is more valuable than the actual product that's collecting your data, and how we are often in a scenario where there isn't real informed consent. So well, I know, we talked about this story when it broke there was it became obvious that GM was collecting data from people's vehicles and selling it to third parties. People were getting their insurance premiums raised, in some cases getting canceled. Now, it's one thing when you have fully informed consent because you go to Geico or All State or whomever, and you sign up for the program and you install the little box in your car that tracks you. Right, you have fully informed consent because you initiated that transaction. You plug the box in, you know it's being tracked. I got no issue with that whatsoever, exactly. But I got a huge issue with somewhere down in the confusopoly of the terms of service, you're essentially giving them permission to take the data from your car and sell it to third parties. Well, well, you probably can if you understood the terms of service, Brian, and you know, because like you know, you could potentially turn off on Star and this GM Safe Driver and all this sort of thing. But I'm pretty sure now i haven't bought a GM car in a long time, but I'm pretty sure that the dealer isn't telling you. And by the way, our car is going to be trying everything that you do, exactly from from one of the articles on it they outline here as GM notes quote driving data includes vehicle location, driving routes, breaking events, and speed, all of which occur on public thoroughfares. Setting. A twenty fifteen case for re court determined that someone being surveilled by a drone did not have their privacy violated because its surveillance occurred in the public place.
Speaker 2: Right So so.
Speaker 1: You know, legally, legally they're right, but you know ethically they're wrong because they don't let you know in advance that they are keeping in storing this data unless you dive deep into terms of service, which no one does. Hell, people don't even read their owner's manual on their car, right, So in any you've got to take all these measures to opt out, if the opt out's even available. But they're selling this information and most notably, they're probably selling it to insurance companies. So your insurance rate's going to go up if they deem you to be a risk greater than the average. I mean, the actuary analysis is going to be you know, like if you're speeding all the time, your rates are going to go up or you get your insurance canceled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's really kind of interesting. And of course GM isn't the only company that's potentially collecting this kind of data. You know, all modern cars are basically computers full of sensors, and think we talked about this before. Mozilla, the people that make the Firefox web browser have a website called Privacy Not Included where they evaluate Internet of Things devices, and they did a big expose on modern cars towards the end of twenty twenty three. It's fascinating and I think we'll be shocking for most people. But GM was the first people to get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. It caused a big stink. They backed off of it. The FTC has since come out and said you can't do this for five years. Now you've got these lawsuits. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. And I mean, I get the idea that when you're in the public you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. And I read some of their arguments and they make sense to me. The thing that's aggravating to me, though, is well, yeah, I'm in a public place, but I'm inside my private vehicle that I purchased and think that I own. Although increasingly we see thanks to Digital Rights Management, you know, John Deere has battled over this for a long time. We're like, well, you bought a tracker from us, but own it. You can't really fix it yourself, right, It's more of a subscription model kind of thing that that seems to be where we're headed with all this. And I think, really, until consumers start to push back on this, and I encourage people go read that Privacy Not Included report, I'll link it in my show notes for this, you know, on X and LinkedIn and so forth. Again, it's not just GM that has this capability. It's not just GM that is potentially doing this. They were the first to get caught. It's kind of bubbled up to the surface. Again. The FTC has told them for five years they can't do it starting last year. We'll see where this court case goes. But to me, the idea that I bought a car, I own this car, you're basically surveilling me in my car and using my data in ways that ultimately hurt me, especially if there's if I can't opt out or there's no straightforward easy way to opt out. It's just totally ridiculous. And I can guarantee you there until this has worked out and we see where this goes, there is not a chance, not a chance, I would buy another General Motors car, Amen brother, as long as this continues to be a thing.
Speaker 1: So period right there, exclamation point bold in caps. Pause will bring Day back to talk about fraudsters and personating employees self service websites. But first, though, you can save about the fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new Carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They are the experts Zimmer Heating and Cooling. We're making Cincinnati area homes and safe, efficient and comfortable more than seventy five years, and they still represent the company that invented air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Of course that's Carrier.
Speaker 1: So if you need a new system now's the time fifteen hundred and fifty dollars doctor Chris Zimmers, his third generation family owner operated, and they'll take great care of you. Superior customer service, whether it's just service on your existing unit regardless of brand, or if yours goes out, it's belly up, take advantage of the sale. Five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. You can schedule appointment. To learn more about Zimmer online, just go to go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five rc krcity Talks station intrust dot com for all your business computer needs. Dave had Er from Interrust it talking now about fraudsters online, impersonating employees self service websites. What's this one all about, Dave?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an interesting story, and it again it speaks to something we talk about all the time, the ingenuity and creativity of the bad guys and how they'll go wherever there are people and wherever they think they can get money. So this is a public service announcement from the FBI in April twenty fourth, and it really gets to the heart of something we've talked about before. Search engine poisoning. I think most people don't understand that. You know, a lot of what shows up in search engines is fully automated, Google being Duck duco. Whatever search engine you're using, goes out crawls the internet, looks for content, and adds it to their index. It's not necessarily vetting that content in any way. So, whether I build a fraudulent websit site and search engine optimize it so it will rank well in a search engine. And you know, there are some things that are hard to control, but without getting into the details, this is doable. Or I'm a bad guy and I just want to have sponsored links, right, Sometimes when you search your seeing organic content, sometimes you're seeing sponsored links. If I'm a bad guy, I can copy a website, spoof it, clone it right, fifty five KRC website, I could go clone that, set up, set up a copy of that somewhere. To the naked eye, it'll look exactly the same or almost exactly the same. I put search engine advertising in place to drive people to my fraudulent website, and now if I can get you there, I can do all kinds of the various things. Download ransomware or some other type of malware your device. But in this particular case, what's happening Brian, Again, these folks are smart. They're essentially cloning things like unemployment websites, you know, anything like that where I could potentially impersonate you and get into your bank account to steal your money, transfer direct payments to you through something like unemployment, et cetera. And this I encourage people to go read this PSA again. I'll link it in my show notes from today. But the bottom line is it's it's easy for the bad guys to do this sort of thing. So if I can get let's say you're searching for information about unemployment right, or health insurance or whatever, and something comes up on a search engine. Again, if you're not skeptical, if you don't understand that just because something is in a search engine, it doesn't necessary the links in a search engine do not necessarily point to something that's legitimate. I see the link, I click the link, I land on a fraudulent, very well spoofed site, and you know, at best they get my credentials to whatever the real unemployment site is, whatever the real bank account is or health insurance is, and then they're off to the races. You know, at worst it's some kind of ransomware, keystroke logger or something else. So as the bottom line is, I think it's fantastic that the FBI is warning about this. You know, we need more of these kind of warnings because I think a lot of touts, Brian, When I tell people about this sort of stuff, their eyes glaze over and they're like, oh, yeah, come on, Dave, that's not real. That would never happen to me. And you know there are now documented cases of this happening. You have the federal government warning you that.
Speaker 2: This is a real thing.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's a real thing, and people need to understand first and foremost that just because you do a search, you can't necessarily trust that the links that come up in a search engine are legit, right, and then the tips they give you, which I think are some good ones. You know, if it's some new service you're looking for, well that gets a little trickier, right, because you've got to find it somehow. But if it's a site you've used before, whether it's unemployment or whatever else. You know, bookmarket, add a bookmark in your browser exactly so that you have a vetted, trusted link and you can click that. You know you Ultimately, we're in a place now where it's increasingly difficult to trust anything and you pretty much have to be skeptical and vet things.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say that you gotta have your guard up one hundred of the time when you get online, period.
Speaker 3: You really do. Because we just see more and more scams, and they are quite creative. Again, the idea that I would go find, let's say, like an unemployment website for a state copy it's look and feel to you know, an illegitimate site, and then I mean it's one thing to send out fishing mails about it, but to actually basically spend money to run ads in a search engine to make it feel more legitimate for folks, it's pretty creative, you know.
Speaker 1: And you know, probably a great return on investment for a few advertising dollars pay to the search engine to elevate your fake site to the top, you get more hits on it in a more likelihood that you can steal the data and the information that you're looking for, or get into people's accounts and whatever nefarious activity you're seeking to accomplish. It's not that difficult and see maybe that's what bothers me. You have to ask out loud. And I'm not for rules and regulations much, but you know, you think search engines would endeavor to have a greater ability to control and ferret out the nefarious fake sites so you wouldn't get them showing up on your search results. So maybe, yes, maybe ai AI can be used for that benefit down the road at some point.
Speaker 3: You know, the volume of contents difficult, the same way that it's hard for them to make sure that anything going in like the Android or Apple app stores legit exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, child porn off the internet. You know, it's just it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a it's a it's a major Sississipian battle kind of thing. Dave had our interest it dot com. Thank you to you and your company for sponsoring the segment and providing all this valuable information to try to keep us out of trouble. There's trouble lurking everywhere, as Dave points out every week, Dave, until next Friday, have a wonderful weekend, my friend. I'll look forward to another discussion next week.
Speaker 3: Oh it's my pleasure, Brian, I'll look forward to chatting with you.
Speaker 1: In thanks Corey Bowman coming up in studio for a full hour. One more opportunity to talk to Corey before the election. On Tuesday, stick around.
Speaker 9: Another update coming up the day's top story. He's at the top of the hour acing this country on fifty five krs the talk station. This report is a sponsored by Continental.
Speaker 2: Roof automotive specialist.
Speaker 9: Visit foreign x dot com the events of the day.
Speaker 2: The audit.
Speaker 16: Laid out a lot of information at the top end to bottom of the album.
Speaker 9: You'll understand fifty five krs the talk station. It's seven oh six.
Speaker 2: It is Friday. For some of the good mood. I'm always been a good mood on Friday, and.
Speaker 1: I'm in a better mood because Corey Bowman's in the studio again. Corey Bowman is always a pleasure of seeing in person, and I hope the campaign's going well. Of course, Corey is one of the choices for mayor's City of Cincinnati. The top two vote getters among the three that are running for the position will advance to November's election. And of course it's an unusual occurrence to get any Republican elected in the City of Cincinnati. Has been since like nineteen eighty I think, but Corey Bowman may have an opportunity. So good to see again, my friend.
Speaker 5: Welcome as always, Thank you so much for having me Briden.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of write ups lately. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been pushing hard on it. Well, I guess there's it's a blessing and it's a curse. I saw Times did a write up on you, which is, you know, national level kind of coverage kind of thing you mentioned to me before we started here this morning, you said in New York Times got in touch with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we we had had requests over ever since that we announced, and there was one week where I just said, you know, I'm going to kind of filter through all these messages, go through the contacts and just kind of, you know, pursue these And that's kind of when all these stories broke. And so we've been on Newsmax, News Nation, Epic, Times, Newsweek, ap Press all within the last two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, any coverage is great coverage unless they're just kind of slandering your dragging out.
Speaker 5: Obviously, the best coverage is fifty five kn't.
Speaker 1: Blow smoke out of my scarred mister, and I'm happy to have you on because of course, I know that you have the best interest of the city at Cincinnati, regardless of what people's political stripes are within the city. But you love the city. It's come through loud and clear my conversations with you. I know you care about the city. You were drawn back to the city after living in Tampa for a while. It's where your wife wanted to raise the kids. It's where you wanted to raise the kids. You've invested in the city with your coffee shop, You're invested in the community with your church. So you know you're you're connected with the city, and I know you care about it and you care about all the neighborhoods. It's just come through loud and clear, and I go back to my blessing and a curse thing. I think one of the obvious reasons you get some national coverage because you're the Jade Vance's brother, but you're not JD Vance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I whenever we first announced, you know, I just knew that, no matter what, that was going to be the headlines just because of the connection there. You know, I've stated multiple times that JD is an incredible role model of mine. To see what he's been able to accomplish just over the last two three years, it's just insane to me. But really, what did it for us? We obviously have the love for the city, are the internal compass we've always had is to impact lives in the city of Cincinnati. And so when I saw that at the inauguration, the impact that he was able to make, I was basically just inspired to say, Hey, we can play our part locally and make an impact in our city.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And some of the interviews you've done recently with The enquire and of course the Epic Times and other outlets, you kind of point that out when someone raises something, you know, issue wise, you always bring it back to listen. Yeah, and I'm just sort of paraphrasing here. Listen, I it's not my issue to solve the problems in the Middle East. My issue is to fix the dam and potholes in the city Cincinnati. That's what I'm going to be focused on. And that's a great point because our council people seem to think it's important to pass resolutions regarding Palestine or any random world problem that's going on, and that's not their role. The role is to focus on again fixing potholes, among others.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so when like I've said this that whenever we first started getting the signatures to get on the ballot, I was asking people two questions, Can I have your signature to be on the ballot, And we're the issues that are most important to you? And we've heard time and time again that it's money management, crime. I'm an infrastructure and I think what our elected officials and city governments are failing to realize is that people from a local level need their streets fixed, they need their crime down, and they need the budget to be managed properly on a local level. And so we can't just copy and paste these federal issues when it comes to these local issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was you don't know why I'm laughing as you were talking. I wasn't laughing at what you were saying, but when you mentioned the roads being fixed, I thought it very comical. The Inquirer's article mayor candidates pick top projects. So the Cincinnati inquire Scott Wortman asked everybody what you're what's the projects you think should be get fixed?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: You know where you stand on the issues and have to have purvols pave roads. That's his number one newly paid road in purpose apodoles, And of course you mentioned existing infrastructure roads also as.
Speaker 2: Your number one.
Speaker 1: Uh need for the money, whatever the money you're spent on. But I mean, given the roads situation and the city's inability to keep up with what they're obligated to fix year after year after year, I mean, how long the Democrat's been in control. How long does they have to have been around He's only now saying pay the roads.
Speaker 5: Well, That's what I don't get is that I think it was at the debate where he stated that we inherited a four hundred million dollar deficit, and I'm sitting there thinking, well, who do you think you inherited from. We haven't had a Republican mayor since nineteen eighty and so it's the reality of it is that you can't just say right now, oh, this is what we're for in an election year. You've had four years to fix the roads. You've had four years to put these things on the priority list for your budget. We've had multiple years where we've had maybe a surplus or we've been able to look at the budget and see where it could go toward these priorities. But time and time again, we're getting promises that have not been made, that have not been kept, and the citizens are tired of it. And when I talk to people, I'm just telling you this right now says it's an impossible situations in uphill battle. Half the people I talked to on the streets that are fed up with what's going on, They've voted Democrat in the year's past and they are just tired of it. So this race is not a Republican or Democrat issue. It's are we going to actually keep promises to the citizens and the residents of Cincinnati or were just going to play the same games for the next four years?
Speaker 1: You know what, as you put it that way, and you're right, fixing the roads is not a partisan stripe. This isn't like talking about sanctuary city or not. This isn't you know, talking about you know, social enacting some social welfare program or not. You know, they tend to fall on conservative versus liberal topical issues. But I want my damn road fixed. You know, I remember this guy named Fred called in you fix my damn road. I said, I kind of wanted to make that a sort of a punchline or an off repeated phrase. Fred needs his road fix. He's not a Republican, he's not a Democrat. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. He doesn't care. Politics, doesn't enter the equation.
Speaker 5: And I'm the roads, and I'm just telling you right now, these are the games that are being played. This is an election here, so you will see all these elected officials all of a sudden now start posting things and start making comments publicly that yes, we need to fix our roads. But I'm tired of governments that are not being proactive. They're being reactive, and that's what we have to fix, is that from day one. I'm going to be sworn in as mayor in January, and we're going to have a January, February and March winter to where the first thing we need to do is put that as a priority. How are the snowplows, how are these affecting our roads? What is the summer that we need to prepare for for the damage to these roads. And then let's bring on more capacity to our roads to be able to take on larger events starting next year.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's you know, behind the scenes has been well documented at least as I've been explaining, had had explained to do, you know from folks like citizen watch dog Todd Zenzer, who really is great at shina the light on the phone, financhal woes that we're talking about when we have some of those details a little bit, but that perv All views everything through the lens of equity and global climate change. Whatever the issue is in front of him, he's going to be thinking about that. So as you're talking about we need to be prepared to deal with the roads as winter arrives, getting ahead of it and knowing what you need by way of equipment, what's working, what is broken down, what do we need to have fixed, what do we need to acquire. I mean, he would be thinking, well, we need to make sure it's electric.
Speaker 5: Well, no, Here's the thing though, too, is that I believe it was yesterday he just posted that, you know, he was supporting an initiative that you know, raised up these leaders in a fifteen minute city policy type of thing. And I'm like, Cincinnati has fifty two neighborhoods, we have all these unique areas. You can't apply these policies of a fifteen minute city to the entire Cincinnati proper it does. It will not make sense to a city that is built on hills, that has snow, that has rain. Yes, we are for public transportation, but when it makes sense. And what's happening right now is we're copying, pasting all these federal issues or all these national ideologies to a very unique city to where we have to think for Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I think it's a global from it like it was Agenda fifty one years back and sort of was the beginning of all this sort of fifteen minute city conversation. That's a global thing. That's a sort of a.
Speaker 5: I didn't even need my coffee this morning talking about this, My lord, I'm getting fired up.
Speaker 1: Seven to fifteen right now, we'll continue. We get a full hour with Corey in studio, get more issues, including Hyde Park. It's interesting developments going on out there and an issue that I think Corey might generate some backing from my otherwise left leaning friends in Hyde Park as well. They should consider Corey. We'll talk about that and a lot more coming up. First, Color Electric you can call Color Electric for any residential electric project. They're going to do a great job for you. The price will be right. You're talking with a plus with a better business bureau. Color Electric been family owner and operated since nineteen ninety nine. Andrew Colin his assembled team of licensed electricians fantastic customer service. They'll do a great job for you. Whether the project is a small one, like I think of a simple outlet installation, that's a small project. Maybe you're having trouble with your your electric for some on some level. Maybe you want to do some specialty lighting in your home. There's amazing specialty lighting out there. The options are seemingly unlimited these days, and Cullen will handle that as well. Big project like rewiring your entire home or wiring up your whole house generator.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: They of course have done multiple projects for me over the years and always very satisfied and you will be too. That's why I recommend you give them a call. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online Cullen CEE U L E. N. Colin Electriccincinnati dot Com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: So you have US.
Speaker 1: Canine Weather ulcasts Flin and pig weekend Today in the rain, they sit storms are likely around one pm, but the best chances between five and ten. They say some strong severe storms are possible with damaging winds, so look out seventy five of the high today overnight fifteen with a few storms now tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The forecast changed from earlier.
Speaker 1: Joe looked it up and he said they're predicting rain between nine am and four pm, so kind of on and off showers. We'll go up to sixty three for the high, then down to fifty two overnight. Also for Sunday, flying pig rain starts early in the morning but should clear out by nine am. Sixty two to the high on Sunday at sixty two.
Speaker 9: Right now, and it is time for traffic from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: UC Health Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced starts like O expertise. Call five one three ninety three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. They had to stop ball traffic on southbound seventy five and Covington to clear the accident out of the left lanes. They did that just a few minutes ago. Traffic starting to move out of downtown at a better pace. Northbound seventy five continues slow from Dixie into downtown Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty thirty above kersee talk station Happy Friday. Corey Bauman by one Corey Bowman dot Com. Find him in my studio right now talking to him about the issues in the city of Cincinnati about which he really truly cares. And I think one of the things that differentiates you between you and after that Parwol again, going back, you focus on city issues. He seems to think he's playing on a national stage, I mean, advocating for broader global principles when the city is since Ana has got so much issues on so many issues on its plate, but when it comes to actual city issues, I mean I am shocked over the council and the Mayor's treatment of Hyde Park on this most recent waiver that they allowed a waiver in the face of what the community obviously did not want, this this building proposal, what the height restrictions removed, and this specific development being approved by the council, in the face of what the residents of High Park were shouting and screaming about, saying no, no, no, You're going to change the character of our community cities filled with multiple communities. You pointed out at it earlier, but that is the second slap in the face. The first slap in the face was to every community in the entire city of Cincinnati by forcing the zoning changes with this connected Communities proposal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you're absolutely right. And I want to point out too that you know when you said that this is not just a slap in the face to Hyde Park, but to all the communities. This has already been done and bonded. Yeah, it's been But here's the thing about a lot of these areas. It's already been done, but it's been done in areas to where they don't necessarily have the financial backing in their communities to be able to fight it like Hyde Park has. So I really believe that Hyde Park has just been this thing that has ignited so many communities, so many neighborhoods in Cincinnati just to know is this cannot happen in our communities?
Speaker 1: Well, and I understand that since a business carrier is reporting that the neighbors in Hyde Park want to take that issue to the voters, I think they're complanning on putting a ballot an issuetive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And what I keep running on as well is that we have to see this race as issues, not necessarily as party affiliation or candidates. These are key issues that have impacted our city for the previous years. And an issue like Hyde Park, you put that on the ballot, you're going to get a voter turnout of people that want to make their voices heard.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose at the outset, if you were mayor, you would not have advanced the Community a Connected Communities proposal in the first instance, because you have experience with dealing with City of Cincinnati in terms of developers.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so we're not against just like the people in Hyde Park, we're not against development. There needs to be growth. There needs to be development in city. We have so many historically beautiful properties that are vacant right now, and we actually need to be taking advantage of these. You don't want to talk about housing crisis. There are properties all over Cincinnati that developers over the years, from what I know, have been itching to be able to remodel these and to be able to sell them at market rates, to be able to have housing in the community. But they're being torn down or at least hindered by this red tape of the city.
Speaker 1: But and I'm as you were talking about that, I was thinking, isn't that crazy. The city spent so much money, offered so many tax and centers and property tax waivers and all that to redevelop over the Rhine, and all those buildings were not knocked down. They were converted into residences and they pay and the streets were taking care and they of course they got the street car. Oh my god, the streetcar, streetcar, street car. You know, Washington Park was redeveloped as an incentive for people to move and I think that was a wise investment, right there, a lot of place.
Speaker 5: Its a lot of music exactly. It's a beautiful area, Washington Park, OTR. It's incredible. But we're still dealing with a lot of these issues of you know, basically putting these you know, developments in place that do not enhance the character of the community. And I think, like in the West End, we already know that there's a lot of vacant historic buildings there in West End, and there's a lot of potent cential for us in the community. But we're watching what's happening in Hyde Park right now, because we see it as they could come along, some big developer that has his hands in the pockets of the city and just knows that they can develop an entire area in the West End, but completely disregard the voice of the community council and completely disregard the voice of.
Speaker 1: The people, especially if they're, in the words of Toddsen's are well connected developers. Never forget and I'll say this too, these issues right now, we're in the middle of a primary right now, we're in early voting May sixth, Tuesday as a primary, So a lot of people are talking about, you know, you vote now, we vote in November.
Speaker 5: That's what a lot of people talked about in Hyde Park. But they can vote right now to make a statement that hey, we're done with city officials that are not listening to our voice. So I would encourage people to get out and vote.
Speaker 1: You know, and I advocated earlier that even if my left leaning friends in Hyde Park, if they want to make a statement, if if they're you know, angry enough about this to start a ballot initiative to take back control over Hyde Park, even if it's it puts a distaste domestic. I never vote for a Republican. We're not talking about a Republican Democrat issue here, We're talking about a bipartisan reality. Shouldn't you be able to control your own neighborhood at least I perceive that as a bipartisan cast a protest vote. Vote for Corey Bowman, and if you advance, you know, I would love to see you win the overall count. Perwall coming second. Fine, but if you beat Perwall, that is going to send a shot over the bout of these clowns and maybe they'll start caring about local community.
Speaker 5: Let's make a statement this may you know, and I'll say this because I think that a lot of people, especially in a lot of neighborhoods that are outside of downtown area, they think that, hey, it's just a lost cause, that there's clear lines of voters on only one voter of votes for this side and only one voter votes for this. But I'm telling you, I've been shocked at some people that have come into my cough shop and the way they talk and the way that they look. You're like, there is no way this person would ever ever ever vote for me. And then we have these these conversations and they say, I'm so glad you're on the ballot. I'm going to be voting for you this May. I'm going to be voting for you this November, and I'm shocked at it. So there's so much unity behind the community and the neighborhoods of Cincinnati that want to see change.
Speaker 1: Vote for Corey Bowman is a vote for your own best interest, and the fool is the one that's not looking out for his or her own best interests. You know what is in your own best interest saving heap loads of money. That's affordable imaging services offering our echo cardigrams, mri CT scans and ultrasounds for a literally fraction of what the hospitals charge echo cardigram. First off, you may face the delay because hospitals are backed up right matter three weeks, matter have to wait a month to get in. This is your heart we're talking about. You'll get you right in at affordable imaging services and you will not pay thirty five hundred dollars or maybe even more, because that's what you're paying at a hospital echo cardiogram. At affordable imaging services, how about five hundred bucks without an enhancement eight hundred with an enhancement same equipment to hospitals use medical professionals who've been at this for years and years and years, decades even, And the images are great. I know because I've got my CT scans there multiple times dealing with my cancer, and my doctor's never had raised and single eyebrow of concern over the image or the radiologist report, which comes in the price. So don't pay five grand for the CT scan at the hospital. Affordable Imaging Services four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast six hundred with prices are uber low across the board. Now, don't expect a lot of overhead. There isn't it. It's very lean, mean, fighting machine kind of stuff. But again, it's serious money you're gonna save. Exercise your medical choice five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Fine them online at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 9: Join Claremont County Veteran Service Commission, uh Channa.
Speaker 1: And I with afulcasts uh storms show up around one pm to the best chances between five and ten says nine severe storm ammby gusty winds it's seventy five for the high, they just rain over nine fifty nine. Tomorrow nine am to four pm, there's a possibility of rain sixty three the high overnight few showers fifty two. And for the Flying Pig, early rain which should clear out by nine am. Sixty two the high for the Pig, it's sixty three.
Speaker 2: Right now. Time for traffic from.
Speaker 10: The UCL Traffic Center, you see health weight Boss Center offers comprehensive obcdcaren advanced start to co expertise. Call five one three nine grade nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. Stop found seventy five. They cleared the accident in Covingdon. Traffic starting to move a bit better from the Western Hills Viaduct into Northern Kentucky northbound seventy five. That's an extra seven minutes between Buttermilk and downtown.
Speaker 9: Chuck Ingram on.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc the talk station Say with thirty one fifty five KRCD Talk station Corey Bowman in the studio. Find him online Corey Bowman dot com, get a T shirt, put a sign in your front yard, vote for him on Tuesday. It's my recommendation talking about city issues and one of the sad realities what's going on in the city of Cincinnati, And this is one of those Do you believe your eyes? Do you believe what a politician is telling you? Crime and reality can be seen by the residents of the city of Cincinnati. Thing know what's going on versus what the mayor he currently would say, which is he's arguing the crime is actually down.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I it was during the debate where I think it was in the final remarks where the current mayor said that crime is down. And I'm seeing more and more in articles that he's doubling down on that he's actually running on that that crime is down. And when you look at the statistics, and when you look at everything, you can manipulate things however you want, as far as if you want to look at certain whether it be homicides that might be down by fraction, but when it comes to overall assaults and burglaries and shootings and traffic violations. But what I tell people is that if you are living downtown or if you have a business downtown, you know that nothing could be farther from the truth. When people say the crime is down. We are hearing the gunshots, we are seeing even the unreported crimes that are happening on a daily basis, unreported.
Speaker 2: And that's the point.
Speaker 1: I know You've had you contacts within the city of Cincinnati reach out to you when they experience these incidents. You know, video cameras, ring doorbell type of stuff. People will give you that and provide you and show you what's going on. Yeah, you mentioned to me a woman with a baby and a stroller got a bullet went by her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's insane. So it was just last week I got sent a video of a you know, it was a you know, a residential camera, ring doorbell type of thing, but yeah, it was a major shooting that happened in the Grant Park area. And I was just watching on my phone that bullets are flying by this lady with a stroller and a baby. And I'm sitting here like and you see, like all these people running on the street, and this is our city, this is in our home of Cincinnati, and this isn't just a one time thing. This is happening on a regular basis, and we have to be able to have policies in place that are actually addressing these issues and not just sugarcoating everything.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, outword, out loud support for the police department, you know, marketing on the part of an elected official. Call the police, work with the police. You want to save community, Quit dissing the police, Quit not you know, don't quit withholding information. In other words, you know, if you know about a crime, offer the information to the police so you can help solve it and then get the bad guys off the streets. I mean, that's an advocacy campaign that should have been run years and years ago. When the silence seems to me deafening from the mayor as well as the council members themselves.
Speaker 5: Well, let me tell you this. When we first announced being mayor, I did not come in here with any policies or any opinions that I was going to just run on no matter what. I did my work to basically have conversations with people that are boots on the ground, people that experience this on a daily basis. And then I started to helping my conclusions based on the experiences of the city, not only my own, but others. And I'm telling you, I've had so many conversations with Cincinnati Police officers. And I'm talking about not just one, not just two, I'm talking about multiple ones. And they have such a heart for our city. They have such a heart for our community. They have such a heart to protect and serve. They are in it for the right reasons, and they are tired of being seen as the bad guys. They're tired of being seen as this only a last resort.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: We look at what happened, what's happening at the banks. They have a twenty one and over evange limit, right, But who do you think is enforcing that. I've actually talked with the police officers and there's a third party.
Speaker 2: Security with security firm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But this is the thing about it is that when you do that and you don't involve CPD in that, then if an incident does happen, nobody on the street knows who the good guy is, who the bad guy is. When it comes to the security officers, they don't know who's an authority really. They just see it as well as this a bouncer, is this a security officer?
Speaker 9: Sir? What is it?
Speaker 5: And then when CPD does get involved, they're seen as this ultimate authoritarian bad guy that comes in, and then the paperwork is a nightmare because now they're not just dealing with one person or one side, They're dealing with a security team. They're dealing with all these other variables in these reports, and so it's a nightmare for cpd.
Speaker 1: Well And I just, I honestly don't get the whole twenty one order thing. You get a security team surrounding the Dora area checking IDs, they don't have any legal authority, and I get the motive and the point behind it. Well, there's nothing but bars in there anyway, if you're under twenty one, you shouldn't be there. But it's going to open kind of public space. And I don't know how much they think they can accomplish with that, because I doubt these security offices are even going to be armed if something really dangerous happens, which again you point out, that's when you have to call the police. We'll continue with Corey Bowman Its seven thirty six right now. If you have KCD talk station, a strong recommendation in the Tri State called plumb type plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs. You deserve better and plump times, locally owned and serving the entire try state. They treat every call like a neighbor asking for help, no excuse me, no service fees, and you get free estimates. They're a plus with a better business bureau. Maybe you're having problems with your sump pump. The rain, of course will reveal that got some problems in the basement. Plump Tight can solve it. Slower clog drains, which may be an indication that you need a sewer line repair, and plump Tight does trenchless sewer line repairs. So if you have like multiple clog drains and maybe strange odors coming out and patches of abundant growth in the law and that's an indication of a potential sewer line problem, they fix it without having to dig up the yard. But they also are the number one installer of tankless water heaters. Go tankless for unlimited water. The units last a lot longer than traditional tanks and they don't take up much space at all, so there's an option for you as well. So for all your plumbing needs. It's five to one three seven two seven tight te five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three Online you'll find them.
Speaker 6: At plump fifty five krc hey neighbor, Oh, my gosh, is your energy bill sky high again too?
Speaker 9: Not anymore?
Speaker 1: My own windows are so leaky here, Chan and I well the forecast, let's see here, About one o'clock is when storms start to be possible, but the best chance between five and ten pm maybe some severe storms and damaging winds, So be careful out there. Seventy five for the high today, fifty nine overnight tomorrow. At the beginning of the pig activities, Joe Strecker looked up the update. He says, rain is going to be around from nine am to four pm, kind of off and on possibilities. Sixty three will be the high overnight low of fifty two Flogging Pig Day Sunday high of sixty two. Rain starts really early, but it should be out by nine. It's sixty eight degrees right now. Time for traffic from the u.
Speaker 10: Se UP Traffic Center U s howth Thweball Center offers comprehensive of peace. Andy Karen Advance starts like oh expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three northbound. Seventy five continues to run an extra five minutes out of earl Anger into downtown southbound seventy five slows through Lackland, but getting better between Ezra Charles and the Bridge after problems earlier. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KROS the talk.
Speaker 1: Station seifty five KRCD talk station find time it was a Corey Bowman in studio talking issues in the city of Cincinnati. You know, I asked him afair because he does have a coffee shop in the West End. That's an area you obviously care about and you're hoping to develop. And it's one of the illustrations you had when it comes to real estate development that the city stands in the way. But I ask you how business has been since you, you know, started running from Mary and you said, it's it's picked up, and you were really happy because you know, obviously it's nice to have your personal business benefit from it, but it's brought exposure to your neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean our heart is the West End, and so if anybody's unfamiliar with it, you know, you have basic Central Parkway and where TQL Stadium is, and then you have the Highway and kind of nestled in those two areas is the West End from the north and the south of it, and it's an amazing community. Some of the most beautiful architecture and resident.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, buildings there are so yeah.
Speaker 5: They've actually filmed movies there and everything. But I'll tell you this that our coffee shop through the last two and a half years of opening, showed us that the residential side of the West End is so strong. It's such an amazing community that really prides itself on growing properly, that includes everybody, and it's just it's just an insane thing to see that this area has not seen the fullest potential that it can be. And I really believe that that's because a lot of the red tape that we're seeing.
Speaker 1: And that's where I wanted to pivot, because you brought up a story off air about you. You have a guy across the street who's been fighting for years to develop the building. He finally got his permits through. How long did it take him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the last time I talked, there's there's multiple people involved in it, but I believe the investor had put I think he said like one point two million in it without seeing one bit of construction in it so far, and then the guy that's heading up the construction, he's I mean, they finally got to go ahead, they finally got to go ahead to start the construction for it. They're putting you know housing in there, or you know units or condos or whatever you want to call them apartments, and then they've got they're gonna have an amazing business underneath as well, and it's just going to do add a whole other aspect of revitalization to the community and it's going to be incredible. But he's fought for three years for this, through permitting, through getting the right zoning, and through everything. So I think the funniest thing about it is that the day I'm talking about, the day that they got approved, immediately all the construction crews just pulled up and just started getting to work. And I was like, dude, you move fast, because he's been using like our coffee shop kinds as a makeshift office. And he's like, bro, I've had this in the queue for three years. I've been ready to go. They're gonna get this thing done probably in six months, and that could have been done two and a half three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what really fundamentally bothers me. It's everything the city claims it wants. It's investment, it's potential additional residents who might potentially be paying taxes. There's a business there that's going to generate tax revenue. It's going to bring more activity to the neighborhood, which will then hopefully have a multiplying a factor with others. Oh wait, look there's an empty building right there. I can read, Oh, I can do what that guy did. So it's almost as if the current mayor and council they just pay lip service to the idea that they want this, but they do everything they can to stop it from actually happening.
Speaker 5: That's when I realized there was something wrong because when we first started the coffee shop, a big reason why we started as well is because it was the year after the Super Bowl, right, and so we go to the super Bowl. All eyes are on Cincinnati during that time, and I'm talking about the three to four months after the super Bowl. Our streets were lined with investors and developers that were ready to just take the entire West into another level. About these were local people, and they can only do one or two properties at a time, two and a half years later, most of those buildings that they were looking at, they didn't even want to touch them because of all the red tape.
Speaker 1: That's just so sad. And you know there's another draw in the neighborhood that's s C Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an incredible community. Like every FC game that goes on, We've got fans that are welcome by our shop and scarves, and these are residents of the community, Like, we love what's going on, but we just need to happen quicker.
Speaker 2: Get the hell out of my way. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: The community is gonna I feel like the community is gonna thrive no matter what. We just got that grit to us. But then at the same time, it's like, hey, let's make this easier on people to be able to revitalize these neighborhoods without bringing on big time people that are a part of the larger vision of our elected officials. How about we incorporate the vision of the community, not the overall vision of the elected officials.
Speaker 1: Well connected developers. Corey Bowman. One more segment with Corey before we hear from one of those German guys. Mike Keys is going to join the program at top of the our news talk of the buyern Games May tenth at more Line House Logger details on that after the news. First though, a word for my good friend Peter Shebria Kelliwilliam seven Hills and his outstanding and truly amazing real estate team, the number one real estate group in the city and greater Cincinnati area. Five star experience is what you're going to get from them with programs gore and let me give them props for the program they offer for veterans and first responders. It's just really a neat thing. They call it the Patriot Program. They kick back ten percent of their commission to you, the first responders, veterans, police fire ems. So we use Peter Shiver Group. You got that going for you, just as a salute to the veterans and first responders out there. But other programs will make the instant offer program, the I like to call the get out of Dodge program. You don't want to stage and show your house or you know, any of that kind of stuff, Just call Supergroup. Within forty eight hours of them seeing the house, you'll have a cash offer and you can leave closet within three weeks from today. So check them out online. You can learn more at the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com, or just call them today at five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC What if you had a Channel.
Speaker 2: Nine says this about the weather after one pm.
Speaker 1: As a possibility of storms kicking in, with the best chance between five and ten pm today could be strong and severe and then maybe some damaging wins may could seventy five to high today overnight low fifty nine out tomorrow for the beginning flying Pig activities. Looks like we're gonna have rain between nine am and four pm, kind of on and off. Sixty three for the high overnight low of fifty two and for the Pig's gonna start raining early in the day and it'll clear out by about nine am. Court of the most recent forecasting sixty two for the high. It is sixty three right now for five KCD talk station Chuck, what's going on.
Speaker 10: From the UC Health tramphink center, you see health Weight Pass Center offers comprehensive obcity care and advanced surgical expertise. Call five one three nine three nine two two six that's nine three nine twenty two sixty three southbound seventy five had an extra five through Lackland and then you're in pretty good in shape with just a bit of a slowdown. Now at the Brand Spence in bound seventy fourst back into Montana, northbound seventy five closer to a ten minute delay out of Florence into town. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRSA the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven fifty fifty five krs DE talk station. Bran Thomas reminding you to fifty five cars dot com for all the information, the information about tech Frederick Dave Hatter, Flying Pig, and our crime stopper bag guy of the Week before we get back to talking with Corey Bowman. Welcome back Officer Lisa Baker from the fine people of the Cincinna Police Department. I gotta love this guy's neck tattoo, Lisa. Crimes are for bad Guy of the week who were looking for this week.
Speaker 12: If I'm reading it correctly, it says out outlaw. I know out outlaw well, Christopher Christopher Michael Thompson. He's wanted on not one, but three counts of selling probation violations from Beth charge. Christopher Thompson is a white male. He's forty five years old, five foot eight, one hundred and eighty pounds. He has a history of theft and receive a stolen property in a frequent north side.
Speaker 1: And he's an outlaw. Well, you know what, for a neck tattoo, at least it's accurate. He should be easy to find as long as he's not wearing a turtleneck. And if someone knows where Christopher Michael Thompson's hiding out, what do they need to do?
Speaker 12: Lisa Baker, give crime stoppers a call five one, three three five two thirty forty.
Speaker 2: You will remain anonymous.
Speaker 1: If you did, Lisa and arrest, you'd be eligible for a cash reward and you'd be doing society a big favor. Lisa Baker, you keep up the great work at the Cincinni Police Department. Thank God for reaching every one of you, and we'll catch ourselves another one next week. Fifty five krcy dot com to check him out if you just want to levity see the neck tattoo. Back to Corey Corey Bowman in studio. I think your your your message is a strong one, Corey. I hope people go out and support you, and we'll see as we move forward and November, you'll have more opportunities. I suppose to debate, have to have provol We didn't really touch a lot about the finances, and I have just been blown away by toddsens Or citizen Watstock.
Speaker 2: Todd zins Or.
Speaker 1: He is I mean, he's a former Inspector General for the United States, so he's on top of financial matters and knows where the money problems are and he has identified a lot of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, and this is something that has to be a part of what a new way of what we're seeing in our city government is.
Speaker 2: We have to audit.
Speaker 5: We have to be able to kind of go through everything with a fine tooth comb and really see how the money has been spent. Because we can say all we want, all the need far out ways, the budget far out weighs all this, and you can have all these excuses for taking on more debt as a city. But when you're not managing what you have in your hands properly, there's something that's off. There's something that you can just see it. And when you look at what's how things have been happening, especially with to and are you know, kind of exposing certain things. What I like to say is that no budget's perfect. There's no like official perfect budget template that you can use. But what has to happen is priorities. That is what sets a good budget, is that your priorities and your principles. So I believe that the priorities have to be these public services, they have to be the infrastructure. But then your principles have to be You're not going to be shady when it comes to any of these dealings. You're not going to do these backdoor deals. You're also going to publicly kind of expose what are these board members of these certain agencies or these.
Speaker 2: Certain things going on.
Speaker 1: What seems like the business of government currently in the city is to fund all these non governmental organizations out in the community.
Speaker 5: Well, we see that too, because a lot of times when these developers, like what we just talked about in the last segment, when they're the biggest issues that they're encountering, a lot of times isn't with the city themselves, it's with organizations that are tied in that are basically saying, oh, well, you can't buy this building unless it fits in line with this vision, and it's just they're all on the same page when it comes to it. I believe that when you look at the budget, practically you got it. There's ways that we can decrease taxes, there's ways that we can increase priorities. When it comes to things that matters most, it's just we have to get in and just figure out what's the best way to seward what we have.
Speaker 1: Gary Bowman always impressed with what you have to say, and I can just hear the passion for the city and your voice, and I think that's so important for voters to take away. And I tell you what if you're going to you know, in terms of foot traffic again, I go back to this hot button issue with zoning, and I think, you know it's going to draw people to the poles. And again we'll make an appeal to Bond Hill residents and Hyde Park residents and literally everybody in any community within the City of Cincinnati that feels like they got stunned by the dictatorial mandates of connected communities thrown on your neighborhood without your input. You may welcome it conceptually, but when you think about it in terms of your right to steer the direction of your community. Even if you want to steer it that way, fine do it. But there are a lot of communities out there that didn't want to steer their community in that direction. So you've got an opportunity for change.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman dot com is where you find Corey on the issues, help support his campaign, and here a free plug. Where's your coffee shop? Coffee shop is at nineteen hundred Bay Miller Street. It's nineteen hundred Bay Mill Streets right in the West ten and we're open from eight to three eight am to three pm Monday through Saturday. All Right, swing by maybe the first time you've ever been to the West End. I'm not saying necessarily doing it to give Corey money, but if at least it's a reason to swing by the community. Maybe you're a developer out there, maybe you might want to invest in that wonderful opportunity that exists now. And you may be kicking yourself down the road after Corey becomes mayor and it transforms itself into an amazing, amazing, money making, big draw community that I hope I think Corey has in mind for the few ture there. Corey, good luck man, I hope it all works out well for you. Thank you so much for having my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Brother. Uh, don't go away.
Speaker 1: Those German guys, at least one of the two, Mike Kis Will joins a program to give us information with the Bayern Games. And we're gonna have least the skinner on at the bottom of the hour. And here's a topic near and dear to my heart, her book truth Wise and Alzheimer's It's Secret Faces. Stick around, stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: And that's so important. Another update coming up on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: This LA six If you got KRC Talk Station, a little festive music for a Friday, departing from our normal bumper music because obviously we got a German guy, at least one of those German guys. Mike Kais Will welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. My friends, great to have you on today.
Speaker 11: Ah Guten markn miner Freund. How are you today?
Speaker 2: The Gate and zee Ikman. Uh they're good. Filled with that.
Speaker 11: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: We got a big Mutlei Kite event coming up and apparently and Joe Strecker was cluing me in.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: If you want to find those German guys, just type in those German guys on Facebook spreading German culture, beer and food. Come for the beer, stay for the nuclear kite, and of course online those German guys dot com, so puliminary information that it's just they're all focused on German culture and having a great time. And that's what comutlet Kite really boils down to. But Joe Strecker footballs I slashed soccer, but just an amazing fan of the game. Of course, he's as German as he can get and he and his dad watch games religiously. They love a German The German club f C Bayern Munich, which is actually coming to town, and I understand that's a huge, huge thing. Mike is Joe Wrighten what he's told me about that?
Speaker 11: Oh, it's great.
Speaker 16: I mean Willie and I those German guys we were in Munich two years ago. We actually got to go to an FC Barn game in getting so that was really cool. And you know, the fan club meets here. This is the anniversary of the over the Rhine FC Baron Fan Club here in Cincinnati. Adam Jacobs is the president of that and with those German guys in FC Baron Fan Club, we were contacted by the FC Baron team to put on these Barren games. So we have that coming up on May tenth, and then FC Baron plays here next month in June.
Speaker 11: But on May tenth.
Speaker 16: Down at more Line Loggerhouse, that's where all these festivities take place. On May tenth, at eleven am, we have Cincinnati Riverfront Volksmarch kicks it off. I don't know if you're familiar with the Volksmarch, but it's kind of a leisurely.
Speaker 11: Five k, non competitive walk.
Speaker 16: It's family friendly. It goes down along the riverfront downtown Cincinnati. You can bring your dog and walk and it's a great time. Then at twelve thirty out on the patio at Moreline, we're gonna have the FC Byron game on. They play Moke and Glodbach, which is a small German town from North Rhine, Westphalia. And then at three of five as we have the FC Barrengames.
Speaker 2: This is hilarious, man.
Speaker 16: Yeah, oh it is so As you know, we do have the Steinholding Championships here in Cincinnati for US Steinholdings.
Speaker 11: So we're gonna do a steinholding around.
Speaker 2: Moss Krug Stemen.
Speaker 11: Yes, Moss drug Stemen. Very good.
Speaker 16: So if you imagine taking a Leader of beer and extending your arm ount and holding it.
Speaker 11: As long as you can and not drinking him Planner.
Speaker 16: Not, well, nope, you're not going to do a drop set a. You'd be disqualified. So you know, there's some people that want to drink it, some people that't want to.
Speaker 11: Do the steinholding. But you know, it's amazing to see these guys do that.
Speaker 16: Like Ken Planner, he's won the state championship four times.
Speaker 11: He goes for about eleven minutes.
Speaker 9: Oh my god.
Speaker 11: In Texas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get this, Brian.
Speaker 16: There's guys in Texas can actually take a Leader of beer and hold it out for twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh my word. That is amazing to me. I don't think I could do it for a minute.
Speaker 11: But then again, it's it's tough, right, Yeah, I'm I'm with you. I'd rather drink it than hold it. I'll leave that to them and I'll just sit there and drink my beer and watch them do that, all right.
Speaker 2: And then we have a bomb bomb stomp nig.
Speaker 11: Yes, so we have it. It's a variation of the Hommer slogging game.
Speaker 16: So basically what you do is you take a you have a stump of wood, and then you have an Each competitor has a nail and you try to drive the competitor's nail into the stump to knock them out.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, you got a hammer in your hand and you're hitting your competitor's nail.
Speaker 2: Correct, So like so it's it's who can hammer it? Who can hammer it?
Speaker 16: In?
Speaker 2: Quicker? Is that?
Speaker 11: Is that a knock the other person that?
Speaker 16: Well, they get one chance to It goes around the table and whose ever nail goes in first, and then it continues on.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So if you was in the unlikely event you had the perfect uh winging of the hammer and you nailed it right into the wood, you would win immediately. But I guess the way it works. Does it ever happen that way?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, It's like ringing the bell at the carnival with the weight and the giant sledge hammer, except you're using a regular size hammer and you've got an ear. Okay, that makes sense. To me now, all right, now moving over beer deckl fongen. And for my listeners, no, I don't remember much German beyond a schwartzwad a kearstarten. Other than that, I've forgotten it all since since college. So I'm actually reading it, but I could read the English version, but I'm having fun going back in time and pronouncing German. So, beer deckl fongen. What's this one all about?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 16: A beer deckle is just like a coaster. You've seen the little cardboard coasters that you get, Oh yeah, beer, okay, okay, So that's what it is. So this is the last event, and this is a way for the teams that are in last place can come back and take.
Speaker 11: Over first place.
Speaker 16: So what you do on that as you take the beer deckals and you put them at the edge of the table, put your hand underneath it, and then flip them up in the ear and you.
Speaker 11: Have to catch it.
Speaker 16: Now, if you're eight points down and you can flip eight beer deckals and catch them all, you got to catch them all, then you would get eight points. So if you're down fifteen points or ten points or however long, you can actually come back and win at the very end with the beer deckal flip.
Speaker 1: Okay, and these are this is a team event, right? How many people on a team? And can my listeners sign up for this? I got, I got three friends. I want I want to do this. I want to participate in this. Can can they still do that?
Speaker 11: They can't?
Speaker 16: If they can go to those German guys and send us a message.
Speaker 11: If we have open spots left on some of the teams, I.
Speaker 16: Would be more than willing to let them come down and participate.
Speaker 11: That would be a good way to get the audience involved.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but otherwise this is open to the public spectator sport correct, Yes, all right. It should be a lot of fun and the opportunity to drink beer and hang out with the German folks should be good time and watch the game.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah it is and go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 16: I was gonna say, pull Oner is the official sponsors FC Baron and we will have Pulaner beer on tap at Moreline Loggerhouse for both of these events on May tenth and then the thirteenth or the fifteenth when the game is at TQL Stadium as well. And one other thing I wanted to mention is the actual official location for the FC Baron fan Club is our dear friend Peter Schuster down at Canteen of beer Garten and eatery. So the FC Baron Fan Club meets there on game days. Actually, there's a game tomorrow morning, so if your listeners would like to head over there to Cantina beer Gartenmuni FC Baron plays Lipstig at nine thirty am Cantina.
Speaker 1: Now, Joe Strecker just yelled in my headset that that is a great place to eat.
Speaker 11: Oh it is.
Speaker 7: It's fantastic.
Speaker 16: Peter, you know, he makes everything from scratch. It's German food from scratch. He's got a great beer selection. And at the FC Baron fan Club meets there.
Speaker 2: On game days.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a good time now, And I mentioned I was Joe is so enthusiastic about having FC Byron show up and actually play a game June fifteenth. He said, the tickets, the cheapest tickets, like one hundred and seventy bucks. Are there still tickets for that game available?
Speaker 16: There are?
Speaker 11: I looked last night.
Speaker 16: I figured you would ask me that, so I did look. There are some tickets available. You can go to tql's website and just type in that there are regular tickets available and then there are some that are also you know, resale tickets that you're going to pay a premium for, but there are general admission tickets still available.
Speaker 1: Now, this is this is a World Cup game, right I just I just I said, are they? Are they playing SC Cincinnati? But that would be like the Cincinni Bengals playing a high school team. But this is a World Cup match being played here in the city Cincinnati. That that's kind of a huge score for TQL Stadium, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I mean, you know, to have SC Baron come here, which is like, you know, one of the you know in soccer, that's like one of the you know, most famous you.
Speaker 11: Know soccer uh teams around.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah them come here. It's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Wow, that sounds like a good The whole thing sounds like a good time. So, uh, the the May tenth is the more lined locker house game. So the game again you said, starts at noon.
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, the game is a twelve thirty that we'll have on the patio TV outside weather permitting.
Speaker 2: If not, we'll be inside all right, so drinking until three o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then with a healthy glow on you, you can then you witness the more lined lockerhouse uh uh, those German guys Byron games and hit some nails and hold some beer steins and cheer the folks on, and it just sounds like a really festive event and enjoying some gumutuli kite. Mike, I tell you what, it's been fun having on the program.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna have a great time at this at this May tenth event. And of course when Byron comes into town to play in TQL Stadium, I think that's a great score and congratulation to whoever's behind getting them in town to do that. Obviously, we've got a real strong affiliation with the German community here in the Cincinnati area, and I'm appreciat to it. But even though I'm not German myself, I sure feel German quite often thanks to you, Mike and other people like those German guys and the various German clubs around town, so you know how to have a good time.
Speaker 16: Definitely, I appreciate you having me on as a way to talk about all the fun and the iglokites, those German guys they have going on so prost and tnkishen v Gates.
Speaker 1: Have a wonderful day, my friend, and thanks again for what you do keeping smile on people's faces. Find them online, go to Facebook, those German guys dot com or those are those German guys or those German guys got dot com. It's a sixteen folks. Stick around, get a little bit to talk about. We're gonna get the Lisa Skinner with her book Truth Lies and Alzheimer's It's Secret Faces at the bottom of the hour. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T Funds. Maybe you got something you want to talk about. I'd love to hear from him. Be right back fifty five. The talk station best are Channel nine First Morning Weather forecaves all right today about one PM's storms start to be possible, and then they say the best chance for storms will be between five and ten PM. Could be strong and severe and also maybe some damaging wins. Seventy five for the high today, overnight low fifty nine with some scattered rain from nine am to four pm.
Speaker 2: The opportunity for rain exists.
Speaker 1: Between those hours tomorrow during the Flying Pig Mech events on Saturday, and then overnight.
Speaker 2: Saturday is going to go down to fifty two for the Big Pig event on Sunday.
Speaker 1: The rain comes in early morning, but they say it's going to clear out by nine am. Sixty two will be the high on Sunday. It's sixty four degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now. It's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Tramphing Center.
Speaker 10: You see Healthway boss offer is comprehensive OBESDCRE and advanced sergic OH expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. It's an accident Westboud two seventy five. That's slowing traffic before you get to four seventy one right lanes from block single file to get Pie on the left. Traffic packing up past Kellogg setbound seventy five slows through Lachlan Chuck Ingraman fifty five KR a CVP talk station.
Speaker 1: It is eight twenty right now, fifty five kr SEV talk station. Happy Friday to you, uh Tom, if you'd like to call feel free as subject matter MA if you'd like to speak about five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk or hit pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone and just a plug for fifty five kr SE dot com podcast with my Er with Corey Bowman's There Tech Friday with Dave Hatter information The road closures for the Flying Pig. Actually the road closes start today, so make sure you're prepared because there's a Reds game tonight. You say the Red start at six Joe six' ten, start and there's like a Round Merring way and some of the roads around there are going to be closed down in prep for The pig events which begin, Tomorrow so make sure you mind your piece and cues on. That so check out the website for that and make sure you get Your iHeartMedia app while you're there so you can listen to well the content from My Heart, media and there's a lot of it, there including my podcast. Page we had a shooting yesterday AND i didn't talk To Corey bowman specifically about, it but we're still waiting for the details And i'm certainly hoping cooler heads. Prevail but anytime there's A cincinnati police officer shooting someone that results in that person's, death you know there's a possibility of rioting in the streets because of course police are all. Evil THAT i think is a ridiculous proposition to spring. From but, yeah one person was shot and killed by SINCE i police. Officer this is during a foot pursuit In East Price. Hill it happened yesterday. Morning police Chief fiji speaking with LOCAL wcpo News Felicia, jordan wording on it props where props are. Due they became aware of a stolen vehicle that was at an apartment. Complex when the police showed, up four people jumped out of. It fiji said that one of them was armed with a. Gun so police engaged in a footchase from the four guys that got into the vehicle or.
Speaker 2: PEOPLE i don't know if the men and.
Speaker 1: Women said one police officer discharged her weapon and that person. Died fiji could not say when she was interviewed yesterday whether that person had aimed or fired at. Police but they did find a gun near the person who got, shot so it seems to be no question if there was a gun. Involved, however talking To Ken kober for, turnal older police President Ken, kober the man did point a gun at the, officer and SO cbo asked, Him SO i, did how do you, know, basically how can people trust, You Ken, kober that you're kind of the? Events he, said the body. Camera wait till the body camera is. Released it's very evident what. Happened so we haven't gotten that yet. Today so eleven o'clock there's going to be a press meeting With Police Chief, fiji and there's a question mark whether or not the body camera footage will be out by then or will be released. Then NOW i can only hope and pray that it. Is there's no reason whatsoever that it shouldn't be. RELEASED i don't care what it shows one way or the. Other if they got body camera footage of this footage of this, event then just let us have.
Speaker 2: It it's the point of.
Speaker 1: It BUT i Trust Ken cober in his account of, it because he represents the police of, course is head of the. Union and As ken said to THE cpo, yesterday understand that if you shoot or point a gun at, police the odds of you getting shot are very very.
Speaker 2: High, right and that's the.
Speaker 1: Point and fortunately they, reported, Thankfully Lieutenant John cunningham speaking of the, news that no officers were hurt in the. Shooting AND i emphasize that because how many of us go to work every day AND i have to chase down bad guys that are armed with guns that may very well shoot.
Speaker 2: Us aren't those folks worthy of our?
Speaker 1: Respect speaking to those who demonize the police all the, TIME i, mean none of this is a fundamental. Point and may, Say, thomas you're men's, plaining but come, on, MAN i mean this is something That Corey bommen was talking. About you, know respect and support the police. Department they protect our. Communities and there's a lot of gun violence going on in downtown all the. Time, right don't you want those people off of the. Streets guess who's gonna get them off the? Streets the police. Department they're gonna have to go toe to toe with armed criminals who are brazen enough to run around and fire their guns off in neighborhoods with old with women and babies in. Strollers they have such disregard for human. Life do you think they have any greater regard for a police? Officer uniform than just the random. PEDESTRIAN i would, argue, no that's what our men and women in uniform face every single, day or at least the possibility of. IT i, Think, God i'm here behind a microphone every day THAT i don't have to go out and face.
Speaker 2: That it's Like.
Speaker 1: Wow one of the REASONS i have such tremendous respect for The american veteran because they put up with that when they were serving our, country and of course active duty service personnel underscored as. Well these people have passion for their fellow human. Beings they care about the. Community who would put the uniform on if they? Didn't AND i wish more of our elected officials would make that point and emphasize. It in those neighborhoods where people have a bad attitude about the, police why do you think they put the uniform on the first? Place and it isn't to oppress. People and one guy called, me he, said they want to shoot. People that's a big giant pile of WHICH i WISH i could get away with it WORD fcc non compliant, word but will emphasize and just say that's an utter. Nonsense you want to shoot?
Speaker 2: Someone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Right i'm gonna be a police officer SO i can shoot. Somebody get over. It they filter those people out during the recruiting. Process thank you very. MUCH a twenty six eighty Five cares To detalk. Station let's talk About Alzheimer's Truth lies And Alzheimer's It's Secret faces with my next, Guest Lisa.
Speaker 2: Skinner that'll be up.
Speaker 9: Next this is fifty FIVE karc and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Station, hey we have the stark cold reality of the existence of the nefarious disease that Is alzheimer's. Disease i'm happy to welcome to the fifty Five carecy. Morning So Lisa's, skinner a behavioral health are expert in the field Of alzheimer's and Related dimentia's twenty year career as a community councilor and regional director of a senior care, facilities she's helped thousands of families find the best care options for their loved. Ones holds an administrator's license through The California department Of Social, services and has written a. Book we be talking about, Today Truth lie At Alzheimer's It's Secret. Faces, lisa it's a pleasure to have you on the.
Speaker 2: Program oh, good.
Speaker 4: Morning thanks for having. ME i appreciate it very.
Speaker 2: Much i'm happy to my personal experience With.
Speaker 1: Alzheimer's my father passed away a couple of years ago as a consequence Of, alzheimer's and we had to live with and cope with the, decline the gradual and then accelerating decline of his memory and his ability to take care of, himself and ultimately had to be in a full time care facility because the caretakers has simply become exhausted and props and so much love to my mom and how hard she worked to try to keep up with. Them but it's such a, tragic tragic, disease SO i have a connection with. It But i'm kind of curious to know how you got involved in treating folks With alzheimer's and what prompted you to write the.
Speaker 4: Book well similar experience to. Yours i've actually had eight of my own family members lived with one of the brain diseases that caused. Dementia and my very first experience was about fifty years ago with my. GRANDMOTHER i went over to her. House she lived very close to, ME i grew up with, her AND i thought it was just going to be a normal. Conversation we sat down and she started telling me about these birds that were living in her mattress and they would come out at night and peck her. Face and then she pointed to her walls and asked, me you see those rats running all over the. Place they were invading my. Home and then finally she told me that there were these men who were constantly breaking into her. Home they were stealing her personal, possessions her, jewelry and she was convinced that they were going to do away with her and take over her. Life so WHAT i was, WITNESSING i, MEAN i was a, teenager unbeknownst to, me was a, delusion, yeah or a false belief with the birds living in her, mattress a hallucination with the rats running all over the. House and another common symptom that we see with dimension And alzheimer's disease is paranoia and. Suspiciousness AND i had no idea that there was even anything wrong with my. Grandmother this was the first time THAT i saw any signs of anything. Unusual AND i asked my, mother you, KNOW i just had the most bizarre visit With, Grandma but it seems like there's something wrong with, her and she, says, yeah she's been diagnosed with what they call back then senile. Dementia AND i, said why didn't you tell? ME i was completely caught off. GUARD i didn't know what to. DO i didn't know what to. Say he, says we don't talk about. This and that was really the mindset back then when it came to you, know brain, diseases and because people really thought it was a mental health issue back. Then so, ANYWAY i ended up going to getting my degree in college AND i Went my degree was in human, behavior AND i was absolutely fascinated by. It SO i had an opportunity to take this position in an elder care facility called a community, counselor and basically it was helping. FAMILIES i would do all the assessments and explain to them what the advantages were of senior living and memory care and assisted. Living AND i just ended up working my way up to this regional director position AND i ended up managing five buildings and training all the. Staff AND i received a lot of training myself on better practices and what a new ideology that was basically becoming popular called a person centered approach to care versus the therapy that was being used for people living with dementia at the, time which was called reality orientation, therapy and what that meant was if a person living with dementia was having a false, belief if they were confused about the time of, day or the day of the, week or anything, else we were expected to correct them and kind of steer them back into our, reality which was what was current. True and we just found two decades of that practice that it didn't work right, because as you probably realized with your own personal, experience once a person living with dementia is locked onto a, belief there is absolutely nothing anybody can say or do to change that belief until they've kind, of you, know change it.
Speaker 1: Themselves and, right so you got kind of you have to kind of roll with, it then you.
Speaker 4: Do that's. Exactly that's exactly what you. Know years and years and years of trying to affect that would communicate with somebody with cognitive decline with brain, disease we found out that it was just really exacerbating anxiety and anger and, frustration and you, know really led to catastrophic reactions and. Meltdowns SO i was trained on this new approach to dementia communication and an e you, know in the earliest phase of, it AND i saw firsthand the difference it made in the lives of everybody, involved the family, members the, caregivers the people living with, dementia and really became an expert in, it AND i started teaching it and bringing it to people's attention and teaching people how to approach these situations LIKE i had with my. Grandmother, okay how do you respond if somebody all of a, sudden that of, nowhere starts telling you that birds are living in their, mattress coming out at night and pecking at your. Face you don't argue with them and try to say you're, crazy that couldn't even possibly. Happen you join them where they're.
Speaker 3: At.
Speaker 2: Like what kind of?
Speaker 1: Birds what color are? They they're just kind of again rolling with it and just acknowledging what they think and not resisting them on the, concept which brings about that frustration you're talking.
Speaker 4: About that's exactly what was discovered to be. True and so this is basically what led me to write the, book was to raise awareness about what living With alzheimer's disease was truly like for the people who have, it the family, members the, caregivers and BECAUSE i discovered in my career helping families that probably the biggest piece that was missing to this whole entire puzzle was people's lack of understanding of what these diseases are doing to the brain and the symptoms that show up and the behaviors that show. Up and once people understand that and then are properly guided on how to effectively, respond then the whole entire experience and journey for everybody involved can be so much less, stressful and they can focus on what really, matters the sending quality time with their loved.
Speaker 1: Ones at least the skinner out of the book we're talking About day Two thris On alzheimer's At Secret, faces which provides you with all this information that you Know i'm thinking. Of you were focusing on the frustration and the anxiety that The. Alzheimer's the struggle the person struggling With alzheimer's gets when you resist what their perception of reality, is but that in, turn their resistance to that also agitates the person trying to tell them that, no they're not birds in the. Bed so you both get on this downhill slope and nobody benefits from. THAT i can see the point you're making on. This you can't cure The. Alzheimer's this person is going to carry those. Beliefs there's no pill that they can take to make it go. Away there's no point in arguing with them about, it, RIGHT i, mean isn't.
Speaker 2: That kind of what it boils down.
Speaker 4: To, yeah you're spot, on absolutely spot on on. That You you couldn't have said that or realistic. Truth, yeah but you've experienced.
Speaker 3: It. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah AND i, resisted you, KNOW i, was you, know, like he wouldn't remember my mom's face or who she. Was AND i was, like why don't we get the wedding pictures? Out and, look you know you here's here's when you got. Married AND i remember my sister telling, Me brian know that that's not going to. Work that's. Pointless and it sounded so. Cold it seemed like such a simple, solution and it's. Not you learn that over time having lived through. It So i'm glad you wrote the book and provide people with this and maybe take the weight off their shoulders that they don't need to run around and argue with this person struggling and it's not worth the, time, effort and it makes everybody worse. OFF i just appreciate that perspective now before we part company At Lisa. Skinner we all have what we call senior. Moments how can people distinguish between normal aging? Forgetfulness because coming up on age sixty This, september you KNOW i do have my days and mild versus mild COGNITIVE impairmenti and? Dementia are there telltale signs that we can be a red flag to?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Yes and what you just described happens to all of, us probably starting around when we put our phone, down we can't remember where it, is they can't find our car, Keys we walk into a room AND i would remember why we Were ye.
Speaker 9: Made me feel, better very very.
Speaker 4: Normal but to that point it starts freaking people out because the first thing they think of, is, oh is this the first sign That i'm going to Get alzheimer's? Disease?
Speaker 1: Right especially when your dad passed away from it and your mom's mother passed away from it, Too so it's, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Got me completely freaked.
Speaker 4: Out it's like uh, Oh and it is the number one fear that people have believed it or not starting about the age of fifty, five and you can can't blame. Them so the best way to kind of described in a nutshell because we don't have a whole lot of time to really go into.
Speaker 1: No, no, no just be brief speaking of which we're out of time in the. Segment just conclude your thought, leside because we need to get this.
Speaker 4: Information, Okay so the frequency and the varity of the memory loss is really. Key so if it's just happening once in a, while then that can pretty much be considered normal age. Forgetfulness if it starts to happen more, often more, frequently and more, severely then it's probably moved into a more you, know a more obvious stage of miild cognitive. Impairment what really separates between those in full blown dementia is if the underlying cause is truly a brain disease Like alzheimer's causing the memory. Deficits and most people aren't even diagnosed till they're in their mid stages because that is when the symptoms become so obvious that you need to go get a professional or. Assessment starting, yep, yeah.
Speaker 1: STARTING i appreciate you writing the book to provide this information because there's so much of this floating around out in the. World it seems like it's becoming a more and more common. Phenomenon the truth lies In. Alzheimer's it's secret. Faces thank you for your time this morning with my, listeners and thanks again for writing the. Book, LEASE i appreciate the work that you're. Doing five KR cd talk.
Speaker 2: Station Happy, Friday, geez.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, world try to make it so, Anyway, wow that conversation brought so many memories back of my dad and all the struggles he had going through the tail years of his, life and just, God alzheimer's is so. Terrible it's, like you, know if you pick one to a disease to cure or what would you? Pick can't cancer Or. Alzheimer's it's like they're in the running for the worst possible things that can happen to, someone at least from my. Perspective, anyway get a copy of that book and learn, more AND i sure hope it's not impacting someone that one of your loved. Ones, anyhow a TOPIC i want to go back a little bit since nobody's calling, in who needs to talk to me this?
Speaker 2: Morning that's, OKAY i don't take it. Personally But.
Speaker 1: Joe strecker highlighted in the article that he, found and there's two particular pieces of legislation out, there one In, texas one In georgia seeking to criminalize political memes OR ai generated political ads that are intended to deceive and make them, well make it a criminal offense to do. So and so you look at, them they're slightly, different substantially altered. Images you need to put a warning on. Them that is a substantially altered. Image you, know there's exceptions for parody and satire and things like. That but AS i was looking at, this let us just use That Georgia house, example fifty two to twelve vote it PASSED ai generated political ADS, amy reducing and sort of eliminating. Them a crime for political campaigns to knowingly publish certain audio OR ai made materials within ninety days of an. Election so it's to be caught under the. Law the material would have to be posted with the intention of significantly influencing candidate's chance of being, elected creating confusion about the, election or otherwise influencing the. Result SO i would argue this kind of a high. Bar there's a men's ray as they call the law it's a mental intent. Element so the bar is kind of, high but it creates confusion about the. Election including but you're allowed to if you include a disclaimer on the, advertisement it protects you from violating this. Law first offense, misdemeanor second offense a fellon carrying a potential sentence of two to five years and a fine up to fifty thousand. Dollars and the point THAT i made this, morning just want to bring it back. Up remember going into the twenty twenty, Election Joe biden. Won, obviously we were told by fifty noted, notables people in the intelligence community and really you, know people of prominence in, government That Hunter biden's laptops had all the harmarks Of russian. Propaganda this is right after the bomb dropped And Hunter biden's laptop and been. Found he left it at the store discovered reported by The New York POST i believe was the first one to drop the. Story and so they were all, panicking, right we need to get ahead of, This we need to do something about. This the election is right around the. Corner we need to diffuse this bomb before the debate Wasn't and So Joe biden was able to conveniently, say, no here's a letter from all these important professional security people that said that that Is russian, disinformation or very well could. Be that was an outright. Lie that letter was an outright. Lie THE fbi had already previously looked into this and concluded that The Hunter biden laptop was actually authentically, his and the information on.
Speaker 2: It was all.
Speaker 1: True that he did send emails back and, forth arranging for his father to be at certain. Meetings he did everything that you remember that was on that, laptop salacious or, otherwise but the damning information related To Joe biden all proved to be. True if you got an email going out and you got a response to, it you can look at the other guy's laptop or computer system and, determine, yep there it. Is The russians weren't, involved and that's exactly what THE fbi did or was able to. Do so we knew and they knew it was all absolutely factually. True and yet nonetheless they came out with this letter which Provided Joe biden a, convenient although temporary, defense allowing him to make the denial that was widely circulated and reported the news by every major media. Outlet, Nope russia's got its fingertips and fingers all over. This would that be a crime under these? Laws, now wasn't artificial intelligence? Created it was just an outright. Lie but that's a suggestion here material posted with the intent of significantly influencing A canada's chance of being, elected creating confusion about the, election or otherwise influencing the, result that it has artificial intelligence in, it that makes it a. Crime but you've got a bunch of politicians and scholars and eggheads and intelligence officials lying to our faces in the form of a letter they signed on. To and that's. Okay it's kind of an interesting way of looking at, it isn't. It and AS i noted, earlier you know it's if a politician lies to you during the, Campaign. Huh they're trying to influence the, election aren't. They what if they don't deliver on their campaign. Promises what if what they told you isn't true it's coming out of their mouth and you rely on it in making your choice in the election and who to vote. For what's the, difference, really, fundamentally if it's artificial intelligence lies or if it's coming out of a politician's. Mouth, WISE i don't know food for, thought at least from my. Perspective tech frid of a day of hat or cyber threats on nuclear facilities are a real. PROBLEM gm is raising its metaphorical middle finger to. You, yes it is selling your data you drive on the public. Roads it's got a legal right to collect all the data about your driving habits and sell it to whoever they, want probably your insurance fraudsters impersonating employee self service websites also a real. Problem keep your keep your your concern and your your your radar up when you're. Online Corey Bowman institute for a full hour be jaded and suspicious is really my. Point Mike, kisel one of Those german guys with The Byron byron. Games that's coming To may, tenth the more more Lined Logger house that should be a lot of fun and truth lies And alzheimer's its secret faces by and Guest Lisa Skinner there at the tail, End Joe, strecker thanks for lighting up the. Guests tune In monday For Christopher smithman And Money. Monday have a wonderful. Weekend good luck if you're running in The pig and also stick around Kus glunbeck's coming right up at the top of the.
Speaker 4: Hour every day we discover something new and important the.
Speaker 9: Day's top stories on fifty FIVE, krc the talk. Station this report is