Speaker 1: M you think you hit a button and you don't.
Speaker 2: Oh hmmm, come on.
Speaker 3: Man, Yes, scoop for dude gets fidayay.
Speaker 4: Day.
Speaker 5: That's what happens when you're a device. Short greetings from Millageville and Friday here. It's a freestyle Friday here on SDH, and I think we're going to kind of flip the order here a little bit, get into the weekend preview and the juice boxes and everything, because our number two is stacked. Ross Smith's going to join us at ten o'clock. We'll talk about Major League Soccer and we will talk about what's going on in his universe with what he's calling this weekend, and then Casey D's going to join us at Casey White's going to join us at ten thirty, and she is going to be going over everything that is going on in her world and in the world of the colleges as well. So we'll have all that going on coming up in our number two. Our number one is traditionally what it always is, and it is going to be discussing all of the numbers and juice boxes and all the news and everything. It's the end of the MLS secondary transfer windows, so we have that to get into and we'll find out.
Speaker 1: So what Cincinnati is thinking.
Speaker 5: Cincinnati is like grabbing anybody and everybody, and they went into the wayback machine apparently last night.
Speaker 1: And we'll recap.
Speaker 5: This particular individual and try to figure out, Okay, how different is this individual from the last time that this individual was in Cincinnati. So Cincinnati was very busy. We'll go over all the all the stuff in transfer window and get you ready for the weekend in Europe, will get you ready for the weekend with Major League Soccer, all the things. So there's all of that to discuss this morning. Like I said, it's going to be a stacked our number two. So we'll get into all of the news and notes and thoughts there in our number two. So as we are here opening Kickoff rot To's buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. And let me once again this is what happens when you're like a device down and you're used to having like two and three things that you can fiddle with and punch with, and it's like it's just two really one and a half. So there's your a QR code for those of you hanging out with us this morning. Hit your QR code there and what you do is you end up with going to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. You go there, use the code soccer down here fifteen. You buy out the store, but you get to buy it out a fifteen percent discount and then they in turn take ten percent reinvested into youth games youth initiatives brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Obviously, we are keeping an eye on everything going on after what happened in the Copasuit Americana and with all of the just the craziness that is going on there. We do have a couple of news and notes kind of things that are attached to that, and right now this morning is probably the bigger piece of news where it appears. And we are still waiting on official word on suspensions and teams being jettisoned and folks making semifinals and things like that following the scenes in the midweek. And this is according to our friend at Galasso Argentino. The Ministry of Security has ordered Independent play their home game against Platense in League elsewhere and not at the study of Libertadoris at de America. Could be two weeks before Cono Ball make their decision on the sud Americana after a strong aperture independent season has gone down, the drain out of the Copo Argentina likely out of the Suit Americana and a windlass start to the Klaus Surup. So you look at that once again. So you're talking two weeks. You know, aleian Zelima, do they make their way into the semifinal. As we discussed with our buddy, you know Torres yesterday when we were in Valdosta.
Speaker 1: It's one of.
Speaker 5: Three things that could happen. You sit there and it's a walkover. The team that was the visitor gets the duke. So it would be uh Whenniversa Dad did. Chile would advance on a walkover, or you play it over and you see what happens, or you boot somebody out and then you figure out the semifinals from there. I don't know how you would have either of these clubs work their way forward.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of things to discuss. We still have the number. The last number that we had I think was nineteen injured out of what happened, and frankly, I'm grateful that it was less. But it's right now at nineteen and you're staring at con the ball first and foremost.
Speaker 1: Okay, how are you going to respond to this?
Speaker 5: It was interesting and as you know, you go through your algorithms, you know, and your timelines and souff and you have like things just kind of pop up. And there was a a rant that was posted that was attached to one of the big name pundits in Argentina and it was Mariano Claus and he literally was having both teams habit with as many as many shots as he could. And what class said on the air yesterday, he said in an editorial that he wrote for ESPN, he was highly critical of the whole thing. It is the savagery of the Universidad fans against the savagery of the Independente fans. So basically he was letting both sides have it, understandably. So article from Redgold Dot Colombia, the renowned Argentine commentator stated quote, I understand the role of the intertwined players the anti racism message. They said, that's positive, but let's do something because the conflicts will be back in the stadiums. Common Ball as Tall talking to national presidents, city mayor's and security personnel. Then he began detailing the steps to follow for organizing a match in Argentina. Quote they tell me that's as far as they go, meaning Conmo ball, because it's up to the organizers in the city where the soccer match is being played. So conmo Ball, according to Class, basically says, Okay, it's our tournament, but it's your match. Since you're the local folks, you get to handle it. You know better than us. We'll leave it in your hands. We trust you.
Speaker 1: Closs. Quote they tell me that's as.
Speaker 5: Far as they go, because it's up to the organizers in the city where the soccer match is being played. I have the report after the meeting with all the relevant agencies firefighters, security companies, health logistics, municipal transit and stadium management.
Speaker 1: Continues.
Speaker 5: This is the prior conclusion, not the conclusion after this. In this match, the visitors stand and this is translated from a red goal. In this match, the visitors stand will be the upper South stand while the lower part will be the home fans stand. During the meeting, the advisability of not having fans in the lower stand was raised, but it was reported that that seat was sold out. So Closs, in his information gathering, got the pre plan and the idea was to put the whenever I said, the Chile fans in the two hundred section like we were talking about in the in the if you picture it as a normal US based set up, So the original plan was to have the visiting fans in the two hundred section in the end zone and no one below.
Speaker 1: But the seats below had already been sold out.
Speaker 5: So you were going to have home fans in the in the end zone one hundred, and you were going to have visiting fans in the end zone two hundred and so that's what that was what Class said in the paperwork that he was given initially in the pre in the pre meetings, in the pre planning, just in case anything was missing quote as a preventative measure, police and private security personnel were deployed in the visiting stand to prevent fans from throwing objects are causing any kind of disturbance. It was suggested Class stated something evidently wasn't implemented. Once again, wrote Red Goal says. On the night of Wednesday, August twenty. Class is clear that Independent's management failed to comply with safety recommendations for hosting the rematch against Universa Dad to Chile. He provided an irrefutable piece of information to confirm his theory of negligence on the part of the board headed by Nestor Grindetti. Remember Grendetti. We had his quote yesterday on the interview that he had with Tay Say and Grendetti was discussing that it was all on the universe of Dad to Chile fans. And remember in our segment with with you know Tores, basically it was like, uh, he's half right, So there you go with with Grendetti, and so Class has quote Independiente's board of directors doesn't comply with private security or the police. The problem is why Intependientes's supporters have to act as police officers. Remember the conversation we got into about the bra of the bars. They have to act as police officers and no one stops them. That's the problem with the leadership. According to Claus, Class also reflected on the videos and at the end of it. At the end of his rant, Claus basically says it happens in Brazil where almost everything happens. But here the suggestion regarding the handling of the visiting fans wasn't followed. So that's that's kind of where we are. Like I said, we're still waiting on any kind of news. And according to Pedro Coates, it looks like it's going to be about two weeks. No real surprise there, that Common Ball is going to look at all the evidence and we'll see what Comma Baal comes up with. But yes, it does appear, and David, good morning to you and Jordan, it does appear where that as you're looking at it, you have this you have a a governing body. It's like, yeah, it's our tournament and all this kind of stuff. But then when it comes to the end of it all, oh no, no, we we gave the we gave the response, the local responsibilities to We give the responsibilities to the local club and the team and the local police. It's up to them to figure it out. They come up with the plan, we'll sit there and go okay, cool. But that's about it. So right now, it gives the appearance that con Ma Ball is like, yeah, okay, uh cool, great, fine, looks good, looks good, everybody's in the tournament, everybody's happy, everything's cool, so on and so forth. Oh no, No, it's up to you all to figure out all the all the things.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: We we're just we're giving you the tournament, We're giving responsibility to you. I will be continually intrigued in this situation, especially how con Mabal responds at the end of it.
Speaker 1: If con Mabal does not.
Speaker 5: Blow both teams out and just go ahead and send Alan Zelima into the semi finals on a walkover, then you know that it's going to be There's going to be hell, absolute hell. And so that that is the the palace intrigue over the next couple of weeks as to what it's going to look like and how many folks are going to be yelling from the mountaintops on this one. And David, Yeah, it's it is. The the passing of the buck is what this appears to be. Where you were discussing Copo America, David finds it bonkers, visiting fans knowingly outnumbered started ish with home fans below them. Generally, I think the setup is most likely best outcome, but put but put some blank in security up there. Yeah, I mean, that was apparently that was the initial thought. But we get into the Closs quote and you saw no security, you saw no police, and they weren't up there at the beginning.
Speaker 1: They weren't up there.
Speaker 5: In round two, we saw them outside. They were outside in that cordon leading the fans from Universa Diad to Chile down that one path and out the door and this is how you're exiting, and it's it's up to you after that. Literally, that's the only video that we have of knowing where the police were. They were outside ground floor making sure that the Universa did the Chile fans had this one pathway out and they lined it didn't matter what you looked like, didn't matter, you know, you know, if you were, if you were healthy, if you were if you were bloody or whatever, this is your pathway and this is you see you later. So that was uh hmmm, yeah, So that was the Uh that's kind of the latest. So and I say kind of the latest because we don't have like update updates.
Speaker 1: Give it a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: I'm intrigued what Conabal has to say, and I'm intrigued what they're going to do in this case.
Speaker 1: Blow them both out.
Speaker 5: Find one, find both, you know to what extent. But I would firmly anticipate a statement from ConA Baal after the fact when they come up with their final decision something like this, let's let's let's play, let's play press release here for a second. They come up with the decision, they say, what it is. We are disappointed that the events of twe August twenty twenty five ended the way that they did. There is no place in the sport for the behavior of fans acting in such a manner in a tournament that is as well respected worldwide as the Copasuit Americana. We hope that these decisions that Conno Ball makes going forward will be adhered to, and that local authorities and teams will do their best to make sure that these guidelines will be adhered to going forward. We have nothing for the to say in this matter, something like that, you're you're going to end up with Cono Ball making a decision. It will be three or four paragraphs. You'll have the big quote from folks in charge. They'll say how disappointed they were. You know, we try to put on a great tournament. We try to do all the you know, we try to do things that will determine a champion in South America, and so you'll end up up with opening statement with penalties paragraph from important person and then they will try and sit there and then you will have after that it will be statement of statement of effect going forward, possibly mentioned an appeals process something like that. But you have until hang on, let me. This is like I said, this is what happens when you're a device down. Win are the semi finals. So from our friends at odds Portal, and we will be discussing things with our friends at Odds Portal. Here in a second, we'll go over the MLS schedule and we'll go over the we'll go over the schedule of the Premier League as well. So Copa suit Americana playoffs September sixteenth, So you have Lenus of Flemenense, Independente del vall On, Caldas, Bolivar and Atletico those.
Speaker 1: Are the three that we know.
Speaker 5: September sixteenth, right now, that's kind of that's where we are in the Sud Americana.
Speaker 1: As we as we wait for a decision on who's gonna play.
Speaker 5: Alianza, Lima and Aleian Zelima made their way through knocking off Universa dot Katolika at a plus four sixty nine in that particular match. So alean Zelima waits for their opponent. September sixteenth is your date for determining. Okay, who's gonna play when? But everybody's lined up for September sixteenth. Give it until maybe Labor Day our time, because then you have to have teams figure out, okay, where are they playing, what they do and all that kind of stuff. So give it to about Labor Day. Then you'll come up with your statement from connon Ball. Let's see how much responsibility conno Ball takes in this situation. My immediate feeling is not much, and we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens there. All right, let's get into juice boxes and our previews for Major League Soccer. Like I said, we're gonna have Ross Smith in case coming up an hour number two. They're gonna go over Ross has Nashville and that matchup, so we'll get into that with him. We get into some Major League soccer, we'll get into Nashville, we'll get into we'll get into his thoughts on his matchup in all of its glory but let's get into the other matchups in Major League Soccer and let you know what the juice boxes are in this. So as as Ross has Nashville and the Purple Team, we'll get to that one on second seven forty starts. And we also have to get into announced Cruise and ref Cruise. We'll get into that at the end of the show. Montreal and Austin. Montreal is a plus one fifty four favored at home. Austin FC is a plus one fifty nine. It draws a plus two to fifty. I don't know if Austin can score on the road. I don't anticipate this being a whole lot of goals. I would say probably that maybe Montreal squeaks out at least a point here. You end up something goal is something very very tight, So that would be my guess at the moment, would be something like that would be.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 5: So that's my gut is that there won't be a whole lot of goals in it, and there won't be a whole lot to talk about in this one after the fact.
Speaker 1: So maybe one point.
Speaker 5: Each crew and the REVS cruise a minus one ninety two at home draws a plus three forty five. The Revs are a plus four to thirty seven. Carlos Heel is looking for more offense and more folks to help a man out Crew at home. I'm thinking it's going to be the Crew at home at a minus one ninety two, and I think that it's going to be a big matchup for Crew to get full points when they really need it. DC and enter Miami. You don't know how many of the big guns are going to play. There's still even money favored at a plus one hundred going to d C. DC's a plus two twenty four. A dog plus two twenty four at the bottom of the Eastern Conference draws a plus two to eighty seven. This one might be lower scoring ozh and as it's changing right now in front of us, Messi and friends are now plus one oh two. But you don't know where the injuries are. You don't know who's going to be playing after what happened in the midweek with the craziness of the league's cup.
Speaker 1: So do you sit Messy?
Speaker 5: Probably and folks are going to be disappointed that they got tickets for matchups at Auti Field, And probably the most exciting thing might be the beer snake in the end zone. So DC plus two twenty interer Miami plus one h two draws a plus two eighty six, don't touch it FC Cincinnati, and we got to get into the transfer window.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 5: FC Cincinnati minus one ten draws a plus two seventy eight, and NYC is a plus two sixty two. Yeah, once again, the inability of NYC to score goals turns into an issue, and I think that Cincinnati takes care of business at a minus one ten.
Speaker 1: We'll get into standings too as we go. Sneaky good game here.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia and Chicago probably should take the over in this one. I'm thinking there might be a lot of goals, so Philly's a minus one twenty five. I still think that Philadelphia wins. It might be something too one ish somewhere in there, three to one if Philly's chef, so Chicago's chasing late. So Philadelphia minus one twenty three. Chicago is a plus two eighty eight. In your draw is a plus two ninety six. So that's what you're you're staring at with that particular matchup Dallas and LAFC. FC Dallas eight forty kick is a plus two fifty two. Your draws a plus two sixty eight. Lafc's a minus one oh three. LAFC picked up a couple of folks in the secondary window, and we'll see how soon it is before they all integrate with the yongman Son think an LAFC is gonna take care of business on the road, and it's gonna be another three points in the shootout in the West, Houston and San Jose. Houston favored of the plus one o two just because you really don't know what San Jose team you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Draws a plus two eighty.
Speaker 5: San Jose is a plus two twenty seven, And because you don't know what San Jose team you're gonna get on the road, that's why you lean Houston. I'm not so sure. Probably something draw and a heavy total, that's my guess. Nashville and Orlando. Like I said, Ross Smith will be joining us at ten o'clock Eastern. We'll catch up with him about this one. Nashville's a minus one oh nine, Purple Team's a plus two to fifty nine, and the draws of plus two seventy seven Orlando. After what happened in the midweek, they're probably gassed, and so this leans well into Nashville's favor at a minus one oh nine. So I'm thinking Nashville in this one. RSL Minnesota United. RSL favored at home at a plus one fourteen. Minnesota is a plus two oh six. Draw is a plus two sixty nine. So RSL once again you're looking there. Yeah, probably with Minnesota, you know, on the road, not knowing, maybe a draw something one one two TWOISHU because of Minnesota United being clinical as they are. We're keeping an eye on the tiny Olawi Sai news where he might be transferred to England for the total of about seven and a half million.
Speaker 1: We'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 5: Vancouver and all Caps. Vancouver a big favorite at home, understandably so nine to forty Eastern time.
Speaker 1: Draw's a plus three eighty two.
Speaker 5: Saint Louis City is a plus sorry, Saint Louis City is a plus four to seventy nine.
Speaker 1: White Caps.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking this one fairly simply that they'll probably take care of business in that one. Lag in Colorado once again, with what happened in midweek, How does Lag look when it comes to a lineup they go to penalties in theirs. Colorado kind of waiting. Paxton Aronson had his press conference yesterday. Don't know if he's gonna have any minutes on the weekend. If he does, it might be a cameo in the back. I'm thinking Colorado here at a plus one eighty eight or a draw to plus two seventy. I don't know if if LAG's gonna have the legs to go with Colorado for a full ninety minutes ten forty start out West and then San Diego also at ten forty, hosting Portland at a minus one sixty four. Portland is a plus three seventy and your draw is a plus three thirty three. I'm thinking San Diego in that one. That's your matchups for Saturday. Atlanta big favorite at home against Toronto at a plus three eighty eight and Atlanta United to minus one sixty seven draws a plus three twenty two. Charlotte Addlson, Milanda Gone Middlesbrough, so they'll have issues at the back trying to figure out how to fill that hole in the short term. Charlotte to minus one nineteen against Red Bulls, who are a plus two to seventy six draws a plus two ninety two. I'm not so sure about that one. I know that the Juice boxers are kind of looking at the offense for Charlotte at home going up against Red Bulls.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the back for Charlotte.
Speaker 5: I think that might be opportunities for Eric Maximchupemo Tang and Emil Forsburg. So maybe the total here might be a higher scoring game than we anticipate. And I would think that Red Bulls have a puncher's chance. Seattle hosting Sporting the last matchup, and it is the late game, and so twenty what's twenty one hundred nine o'clock, so nine to twenty five Eastern time on Sunday night. It is Seattle and Sporting. Seattle is a minus two point fifty at home. After what happened in the mid after what happened in the midweek, Intrigued about whether Steph Fry is going to be in net, Andrew Thomas was basically given League's Cup, Hey, this is yours. And Andrew Thomas comes up big in PK's with two saves. So you end up with the Andrew Thomas situation. Do you continue to run Andrew Thomas out there considering how hot he's been in net. You have the injury issues with Seattle, but sporting on the road at a plus five thirty three, probably Jovilch gets his, no one else gets theirs. So it's probably two one three one something in there for uh something in there for Seattle. So I'm guessing that that that's what you're staring at with those matchups as well.
Speaker 1: So that's that's my that's my gut. I welcome yours.
Speaker 5: Traditionally, when it comes to when it comes to these kinds of things, take what I say with a grain of salt. I haven't hit anything since I was.
Speaker 1: Thirteen.
Speaker 5: Really, I was in a I was with my dad and I ended up.
Speaker 1: We went to we went to the racetrack. Michael Parker's joining us in a second.
Speaker 5: And you know, as you do when you go to the racetrack for the first time, you know, you're thirteen. You're sitting there and you look at the horses. You always want to look at the book. You want to sit there and you're going, okay, so what's gonna what's the deal? So you always want to bet on the horses and things like that. So but of course you know when you're thirteen, you can't quite do that. So I go and there was a there's one race in particular, and it ends up as a horse that whose name I will never forget. Grandma Bojacks. Grandma's Bojacks was the horse, and I got the perfecta. I literally got one, two three four in that race. Of course, when you're thirteen, you can't bet on it, but if but if I had, it would have been a nice payday. I have got nothing right since then, when I was thirteen.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 5: So literally, if you've got if you've got a favorite, you've got your you've got your thing favored it out. You know, it's like, Okay, I'm gonna do this, this, this, this, and this. I'm gonna go here. I'm gonna hear what Nelson has to say. That's a bad idea. Don't do what Nelson says. Go the exact opposite direction, Go fleeing the other way. Do not trust me under any auspice or circumstance when it comes to anything having to do with juice boxes.
Speaker 1: Swear to God how this works.
Speaker 5: Now we go and check in with our mogul and training on the Friday free kick find out what's going on in the life of Parky and what else is going on? Because you know, he's having to juggle with Yegermeister cup, like the actual cup, not like cups with Yeagermeister in it.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, he's got a tournament. Although there might be benefits there, I don't know. We'll bring in Parky. What's up, dude, morning?
Speaker 6: What sorry to hear about your scarring from juice boxes at.
Speaker 5: The age at the age of thirteen, when I was, when I was at the horse track. I mean, look, look when you go through all the juice boxes. Literally, it's like, okay, here's what I think.
Speaker 1: What do I know? What?
Speaker 5: How much do any of us know? Virtually nothing? So literally it's like, yeah, okay, this this, this sounds good, this looks good, this looks good. What does Nelson say? Nelson gives you numbers? I said what I did? What Nelson said, you went the wrong direction. By the way, Greek's from a hotel room in Millgeral, Georgia. By the way, I'm not in office HD as you can tell here we go. Yes, No, it's it's that timing or where everything kind of blends together.
Speaker 1: Uh, and you know.
Speaker 5: And you know, when you're in a hotel, I'm gonna go ahead and lean lean to my right a little bit, you know. So you know, when you're in a hotel, you always try if you've got if you're stuck with this in the background, you always try to make it look like you made your bed. You know, even if you're a slob like me, It's like, okay, let's just make it look like it made the bed.
Speaker 1: And that way.
Speaker 5: So if something happens and I have to look this way, oh it's a clean hotel room.
Speaker 1: No, not.
Speaker 5: When you are in with college kicking back in this as we come screeching and I burned the transmission on this transition. Uh, college is kicking back in. High school's back in practice, and everything is ramping up. When it comes to you and Greg and your men, tees, how where is the pacing right now?
Speaker 1: Is it ramping up?
Speaker 5: Did it literally just slam on the gas and everybody hops back in the door. Is there a transition here or is it just basically like a light switch on off, on, off, on off.
Speaker 6: When I Commentory, well, we do run a sale in August because we know seasons are starting back up and help with preparedness, but not crazy as far as light switch style, because some players want to or parents want their players to be prepared as the preseason starts and get in the right mind.
Speaker 2: But often.
Speaker 6: History has told us that sometimes athletes wait until things aren't going perfect to seek us out, and so sometimes that needs to marinate a little bit within the start of a season. So based off of that, it's not a light switch which is nice for us.
Speaker 5: Well, and does it you know, if you could and I don't know, if you could gently do it to where you're grabbing your mintees by the the lapels, you know, the the floppy collar from like the eighties and nineties on the soccer jersey, and it's like, look, it's a twenty four to seven three sixty five thing.
Speaker 1: Pacing is okay.
Speaker 5: It doesn't have to be something where it's like, oh, ish, something's wrong. I need to go check in with mentees. I mean, do you have to have these reminders? It's like, look, it's okay to reach out to me in an off season. It's okay, it's cool. That's kind of what this development thing is all about. Do you have to remind them sometimes and sit there and go, yeah, it's cool to talk to me.
Speaker 6: In the off season, for sure, we send out reminders to families and things because you know, ideally we'd love to and a big part of our mentoring is trying to give them the tools to handle the adversity when the adversity hits, so that they aren't hitting the ish.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: They that's tough, right, It's it's tough for teenagers, which mostly we work with right to have that mindset right. They just want to think about the present and what's.
Speaker 2: Going on right now.
Speaker 6: And I'm sure we were the same way when we were teenagers, So I get it. It's tough, but yeah, that's why we try and connect with people a little bit in the off season. I get, yeah, you want to get away from soccer and everything, which is great, but you know, as the season kicks off, we try and have a session with everyone just to give them the tools again as a new season starts and expectations are there, and just figuring out their role, whether it's a new team or current team, or going into high school or going into college. It's it's all a challenge. So some of them do, some of them don't, and we take it from there.
Speaker 5: So when you you know, when you have how many how many mentees?
Speaker 1: Are we talking eleven y billion?
Speaker 2: Just under eleven dy billion?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Gets to eleven dy billion.
Speaker 5: And you've got you've got book on all of them, right, you have at least some kind of a whether it's is it is it a word doc or is it written down on legal pad?
Speaker 1: Or where do you keep your notes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we do wear docs that way we can share I know, I'm sorry Google Docs.
Speaker 2: We don't do work, we don't do Microsoft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you keep running tally on all of your mentees.
Speaker 1: When they circle back to you at the.
Speaker 5: Beginning of a season, when that first round of ish happens and they all of a sudden, it's like, oh, I got to talk about you know, you've got your notes there with you. Are you able to process progression in conversations and even how they carry themselves, whether it's a couple of months at a time, if they go away and they handle themselves, they're handling themselves differently when they pop back in the door. Are you able to gauge that from the notes that you have and those initial conversations coming back or or is it one of those where I've got them. Intee, they're back in here. Okay, we're picking back up or we left off. I guess how much is how much is progression a part of it that you pick back up, and how much of it is like okay, literally is at the end of the last sentence when we last we're hanging out with each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like sixty forty seventy thirty about progression. I think we all need reminders about things that we've learned in the past. Right, It's tough for us to keep tally on everything. And so for sure, especially where the athlete is, of going back and giving some reminders about certain things that maybe presented themselves multiple times in the past or whatever. Or we're big concerns earlier, right, checking back in see how we're doing there, and.
Speaker 2: Then we progress from there.
Speaker 6: And you know, progression might be the same topic, just viewing it a little bit differently and talking about confidence differently and what it means to them now. And yeah, that's so it's not all different topics. It's just different approaches and based off of who they are, where they are and things. But you know, we're still at a point where we're young enough that and I don't even know if this will ever change, but the notes are good just to give us a friendly reminder.
Speaker 2: But usually when you get.
Speaker 6: Back on a call, you remember the person and kind of okay, yes, I remember you and what you were going through, and you know whether they're easy to talk to or not, or who's going to run the conversation.
Speaker 2: How involved are parents? Like all those little.
Speaker 5: Things, and you have all of these these issues. What what do you think is the biggest issue that you continue to tackle over time? Is there one that's more constant than the others, or is it still the variety of things depending on the mentee, or is there they're just one big thing that Yeah, this seems to be a common topic with mentees these days.
Speaker 6: Confidence is always one, yeah, But another big one is just understanding the journey is full of.
Speaker 2: Ups and downs, and you know when you when you.
Speaker 6: Zoom out, you hopefully see it going up, but when you zoom in you see some ups and downs, and up and downs and ups and downs and understanding, hey, these downs are normal, and just understanding that they're going to hit and that's okay.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 6: That's the age of social media right where it's like, Hey, these people that are having success and these people that are out there having a great time, right, that's just how they live life twenty four seven, and that's how I should we live.
Speaker 2: In life twenty four seven.
Speaker 6: And then when you're not and challenges hit and adversity hits, or a bad grade comes in, or a tough training session or whatever it must be, where you get benched. Right, Well, everybody on Instagram's not doing that, so poor me type thing, So that's a big one for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, and how much of when you and Greg are talking to your mentees about the ups and downs do you try to remember to to have your mentee remember that it's about trying to stay in the middle as much as you can, because we all know and I know that we're surrounded by.
Speaker 1: Young athletes and it is.
Speaker 5: The extremes seem to rule more than the median, and success over time, I would imagine comes more from enjoying this and not locking into the bottom and remembering that that median is always what you're what you're aiming for, and not getting wrapped up in the highs and lows as much. Yeah, I'm sure, I mean, it's just it seems like something that And like I said, I know that we were fifteen, sixteen, seventeen. I mean I was back in the seventeen nineties. But you know, when you have these kinds of things, how difficult is it to remind them about being even keeled because of that youthful exuberance and wanting to sit there and go, yeah, I'm doing great or no, or no I'm not and I've.
Speaker 1: Got to fix it. How difficult is it to remind them about the happy medium?
Speaker 6: Sometimes it can be, for sure, and sometimes it's because players are constantly getting too high, more often because they're constantly being too hard on themselves.
Speaker 2: So it's all over the gambit.
Speaker 6: But regardless, Right, we talk about that median and that neutral line because it can serve so many benefits as far as just expectations if you're on the high side, but also it can serve as a.
Speaker 2: Goal if you're on the bottom side of it.
Speaker 6: Right, we don't have to get from negative ten to positive ten.
Speaker 2: Right, there's that zero in the middle. That's pretty good for most of us.
Speaker 6: Right, you're living a decent life if you're living right on that line, or at least you can be if you're viewing it that way. So you know that provides hope for people that are struggling with confidence. Right, I don't have to go from unconfident to super confident.
Speaker 2: I can go from unconfident.
Speaker 6: To feeling neutral, and from neutral I can play better, have more success, and gradually gain my confidence.
Speaker 5: How hard is that, though, I mean to remind him. You know, it's like we live in the extremes. Everything's cool or it's not. How difficult is to remind him that okay is okay? Because I mean it's like we live in this idea of everything's great, everything stinks. Everything's great, everything stinks. Just have a just have a good day is having a good day and then starting that winning streak of good days? Is that something that you literally have to pound in the folks. Sometimes it's like, look, it's okay to have a zero. It's okay, instead of being a minus ten or a positive ten.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's cool. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I have to tell myself that even today John out on the golf course, right, hey, just have an okay day.
Speaker 2: Don't have a shocker here, you know, don't put up a snowman, just get a bogie. It's fine, right, But when you're in it, that's tough.
Speaker 6: Because you want to be good and you want to be the best, and you want to challenge yourself. You want to push yourself. So it's it's natural within all of us. But yes, when you take a step back and you say, hey, if my bad day was just okay and it wasn't brutal, right, it makes it really easier to bounce back. And that's the biggest thing, because we're all going to have these off days and bad moments and bad things and whatever, right, but how quickly can we rebound is usually the differentiator between people. And Yeah, if we make it easier for ourselves to bounce back, and we have some tools that are going to help us bounce back, then we can try and separate ourselves and then you know, some of those really good days come a little bit more often.
Speaker 5: How hard are you and Greg on yourselves when it comes to wanting to do right by all of your mentees.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's definitely something we work on because of course it's only two of us, and it's you know, it takes time, and nothing's you know, every session that we have is our time. It's nothing automatic here, and so yes, we want to be there for everyone and we want to do everything, but we also have to say no sometimes and we have to We can't partner with everyone and do everything, and we have to be strategic about things. And you know this this summer was a good example for me, Like I did not have a super productive summer in terms of work, but I had a super productive summer in terms of enjoyment and being around the kids and enjoying you know, one of the last few summers I have with them in the house and everything.
Speaker 2: And so for me, that was the priority this summer and.
Speaker 6: Just understanding and having that knowledge of hey, I can catch up with this work and I can get back on it and you know, focus more time. But that's that's always tough because you feel like you're letting someone down and you hate to do that, especially especially as a mentor. Right you're supposed to be helping other people up. And so yeah, it's always a struggle, but we just do the best you can.
Speaker 1: Our resident m I. T. Grad Michael Parkhurst hanging out with us.
Speaker 2: Did you see that, John, You see m I T.
Speaker 1: Did you get it? Yeah? Yeah, look, m I T. I saw it. That's why, that's why I mentioned it.
Speaker 2: I know, what did you did?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 2: You get it? M I T.
Speaker 1: It's not no, then what is it? What is it? M I T. Mobile and training and training? Awesome?
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, you got me. I haven't had enough caffeine. That's awesome though, our resident I T.
Speaker 1: I like that when it comes to saying no.
Speaker 5: You mentioned that for for you and your own personal sanity and enjoyment and timeframes and anything like that. I know that when your mentees are of that age, they want to please everybody. They want to be they want to be in the end Click. They want to be in that group. They want to be that person that you know they they want to they want to make sure that, uh, they want to make sure that. Gretchen Wiener's is is you know, a happy person, so I'm twenty four to seven three sixty five, and that you're in part of the end Click and that you're not, you know, outside of it. Do you tell your mentees it's okay to say no. Do you have those conversations? Do they even ask about that kind of stuff? Because we're in that age group, we always want to be pleasing to folks and we want to sit there and be our best. Do you tell do you talk to them about that kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Rarely?
Speaker 6: Actually, John, that you mention it, and maybe I should. Maybe it's something I should kind of institute a little bit here and there, especially for the more adolescent teenagers.
Speaker 2: Right, the older.
Speaker 6: Ones here that are, you know, sophomore June and your seniors having choices of what they want to do sometimes after school and who they hang out with and what friends are doing. I mean, for sure, we talk about saying no in terms of sacrifices and if you've got a game on a Saturday and all your buddies are doing something on a Friday night and they're having a sleepover and you want to go right, and hey, there's sacrifices to be made in order to have success, and you can't have everything, so what's the priority? And so there's there is that, but that's less of the pleasing thing and more towards sacrificing and dedication type stuff. So but no, you know, that is probably something that we should look into and discuss a little bit more. Even with the younger generation of Hey, people pleasing and what that what goes into that and you know versus what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: And who are you? And does this make you happy? Type stuff?
Speaker 5: And uh, I mean like and that was literally just from the conversation that we had. That was why that popped up into my head. I was like, well, you know, we we think that we're bulletproof at that age. Legitimately doesn't matter how many things we got going on. We think that we can go until two thirty three o'clock in the morning, go on four hours of sleep, roll out of the racket seven o'clock, go to dunkin Donuts and go to the go to the game, and everything's locked in and everything's fine.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's.
Speaker 5: Patience, it's pacing, it's understanding. Okay, you can't you can't go on undred miles an hour all the time if you want to be better at doing all these other things. It just to me, I know that I sit there and I'm looking at all these young athletes today and they all look bulletproof.
Speaker 1: They really do. But I'm just I.
Speaker 5: Am in I'm in awe of what you and Greg do because of the level of patience that you guys piece together with all of these individuals and want to make sure that this next generation is approaching it the right way and that they're not you know, that nothing gets left out and that they continue to do things the way that it's supposed to be done. And I mean, it's just it's just something that's come across from me that you guys wanted to take this on in the first place, to do this kind of stuff. Do you do you feel the impact that you guys are having, You get I know you may not necessarily get to see it all the time, but do you do you kind of gauge the impact that you guys are having with what you're doing there beyond goals?
Speaker 6: Sometimes sometimes yeah, sometimes sometimes we get good feedback and we see somebody have success. We see somebody commit to a college, you know, be very happy with where they're at. You know, talking to a few pros lately that are in circumstances they want to change, and you know, when something comes out of that and you know they see things a little more clearly, that's success in my eyes. So yeah, you know, there's there's definitely some moments where we feel good about what we're doing. To get back to what you were saying earlier, John, about you know, telling kids that you know it's okay.
Speaker 2: To say no.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I can just foresee a parent of like a twelve or thirteen year old saying, well, my kids said no that I'm not going to do chores this week because that doesn't make me happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you've run that. You've already run that game, haven't you.
Speaker 6: Barky told me I can say no and do things that make me happy and not feel pressured.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. My men said this. Well, I'll show you this.
Speaker 5: It's like, okay, Mentor, you know, all right, Mente, you go over there and take out the garbage. I mean, but you shoot, hey, hey, Mentor, go take out the garbage. Okay, Yeah, you get home after your weekend, it's like, hey, Mentor, Sunday night, go take out the garbage. Yes, ma'am, I mean that literally. But that's that's how things are. Michael Parker's hanging out with It's beyond goals. Entering our resident in our mogul and training, I noticed you got a banner over your your left shoulder in the office.
Speaker 1: Now I noticed this.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yes, that's from the first inaugural game at the stadium.
Speaker 1: How did that feel?
Speaker 6: And this guy over here, I bring this out for all event the other day. I guess I can't hold it up because it kind of but that's what it is.
Speaker 1: All all very nice, all of that.
Speaker 2: Look at that good reminders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so since you open that box, I'll go through that door. When you're in a when you're in a situation like you're seeing with your old club, and it's like you're seeing improvement, but it's almost like you know, Schleprock's hanging out with you, and you hit hit a crossbar, you hit a post. It's like you're seeing improvement, but it's not coming into results. I guess that's something else we could talk about with your mentees. What's it like to see the current state of affairs with Atlanta United the way that it is right now, with only a handful of matches left at home this year.
Speaker 2: It's tough. Not going to sugarcoat it.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Uh yeah, obviously a far cry from where it was a few years ago.
Speaker 6: But you know, I'm a half glass full, and you know, I understand there's huge expectations every season, I think, particularly going into this season based off of the off season last year and the finances and everything right, And so I think that's what makes it more frustrating, because it's not a lack of effort from the front office.
Speaker 2: That things haven't gone well.
Speaker 6: And you know, it's easy to say, oh, it's because this guy got injured or this guy was missing, or oh we just don't have a good striker, Oh this that or the other thing. It's more frustrating when you can't exactly pinpoint it and say, hey, we've spent money, we've got a talented roster, we should be good enough to be at least a playoff team.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it clicking? Why can't we do it? Type thing?
Speaker 6: That's where the frustration really lies for probably most people, and including the players.
Speaker 2: I've been there. My last year in Columbus was like that, why can't we win?
Speaker 6: I don't know why? And it's super frustrating. And yeah, there's nowhere to sugar go to it. There's no one that's from players to staff to fans that's enjoyed this season, and that's frustrating. But I do think that you know, given the league and Arthur's ambition and the club and where we're at that, there's no reason why we can't be a top team next year.
Speaker 1: When are you playing golf? When's your tea time?
Speaker 6: I wish I was playing today, but I did play the other day, John, John, I've been playing really well lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got my handicapped down to I think it's right at eleven. Who I shot at eighty five yesterday with an eight on the last hole.
Speaker 1: Wow, So that.
Speaker 6: Was frustrating finish, but I played well, and so for me, that's really good golf.
Speaker 2: The single digit handicap is within sight.
Speaker 1: Wow. See.
Speaker 5: I play better the longer the gap time between rounds, Like I play like back to back or like twice in a week.
Speaker 1: That's second round. I'm awful.
Speaker 5: If I haven't played in like six months and I go out cold Turkey, I'm crushing it nice.
Speaker 1: It's just it's stupid that way.
Speaker 5: I can't explain it. I'm probably in eighteen. I mean, I'm probably, I mean I break ninety. But it's like I got I've got a new set of clubs. The boss was like, we've got to get rid of your old metal shafts, and I've had to dial everything back to zero. My yardages are just screwed up because I now have callaways with the graphite shafts or the composites, and I'm back to zero. It's like literally, it's like I'm sitting here and because of my swing speed and everything everything, you know, I'm two and three club club links ahead. It's like I'm hitting nine irons one fifty two with my old clubs.
Speaker 1: With the nine iron.
Speaker 5: Now I'm back to one ten and I'm sitting there and I'm piddling around, and I'm going, okay, you know when it goes one ten, and dealing with new clubs, especially with new fangle technologies, stinks.
Speaker 1: Man, it's awful.
Speaker 6: Well, I hope to have that problem someday. But I told myself, my my Nikes, everyone, everyone's always amazing that I play with Nike clubs.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 6: I got the whole thing, you know, Driver Woods, irons, the whole thing except for a putter and put the putter John I got from play it against sports like three four weeks ago.
Speaker 2: To be a game changing for me.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's like literally your club and and that's the thing. It's like your clubs are your clubs. They're they're what you wanted. They're what you like, it fits you. This is my thing, and you know, to heck with the rest of you. You know, this is this is this is what I'm doing, this is what I'm comfortable with. I'm not going to succumb to the peer pressure of golf clubs. This is not going to happen for me. I'm going to play my nikes and to heck with you, and I'll get a snowman and I'll when was the last time.
Speaker 1: You broke eighty?
Speaker 2: I never have?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, So that's that.
Speaker 5: So in addition to getting from a double handicapped to a single, you got to break eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See you were you were like you were you were.
Speaker 5: If you if you hadn't a snowman and you just bogied out, you'd beat an eighty three.
Speaker 6: I know I'm shot eighty two and eighty three a bunch of times, but yeah, nember eighty one, never eighty never below.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's coming, it's coming.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: What's the latest with beyond goals entering? When are we announcing this third minte mentor?
Speaker 2: Oh she's announced, John, it's out in the wild.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Zara uh.
Speaker 6: Chevoshi, Okay, I want to here the last name, uh Zara. Yes, defender for Orlando Pride.
Speaker 2: She went to Wake Forest h of course she did. And uh yeah, she's awesome. The third mentor Canadian American.
Speaker 6: So she played with both national teams at the youth level and then has played. I don't know if she's fully committed yet or not, but she's played with the full Canadian team.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Canadian American and playing for the Purple team in the NWSL. As always, my friend, It's great to catch up with you wherever the door opens and wherever it goes. I'm glad that we're back to see the next season of Beyond Goals Mannering and you guys are crushing it and then dealing with all the ish that folks have to deal with these days and correcting it to make sure that the path is what it always is.
Speaker 1: Where's Deacon.
Speaker 2: On the floor not in her bed this time?
Speaker 1: But it's but it's cooler. I understand that you're you're talking about it.
Speaker 6: What in the most recent book that I'm about to start there it is Chief Joy Officer.
Speaker 5: Okay, So, our Chief Joy Officer and I t Michael Parkers as always my friend. Great to see you and have a great weekend. We'll catch up leaving a couple be well and we'll catch up soon.
Speaker 2: You too, say Charlie.
Speaker 5: Chief Joy Officer Michael Parkers. I have to remember that Chief Joy Officer, Chief Joy Officer, so he'll end up being like the CJO and the mi I at BGM Okay, I see how this works.
Speaker 1: Okay, good stuff.
Speaker 5: It's always great to catch up with Michael parkerst and find out what's going on there with Beyond Goals of me entering and they put up with me like nobody's business. He and Greg it's like when they can. They pop in and they get to talk about everything and growing all of the what's going on at Beyond Goals, and it's always really fun to catch up with them. Our number two, Ross Smith set to join us in a couple of minutes from Apple TV and Apple TV Plus and Major League Soccer and Casey Casey White's going to join us at ten thirty. We're going to talk a little bit about it Toronto FC because her last matchup was Columbus and Toronto, and we're going to go into the College rank. She's got a couple of games this weekend to get into. We'll go over what happened with Florida State and the low down, dirty cheaters and Gainesville, and we'll, you know, with her call with Jen Hildreth, we'll get into that, and then we'll wrap up the show with what to watch, gossip, MLS, secondary transfer windows, stuff, all of all of those things.
Speaker 1: We'll probably get into that.
Speaker 5: With Ross a little bit too, and we'll find out what's on his mind, and we might recap the life and times of Brenner while we're at it, because Cincinnati making a whole lot of moves and Paxon Aronson coming into the league, and so we'll get into the minutia of the window, you know, in the last fifteen minutes of the show, but probably the bulk of it. We'll talk Nashville, talk Orlando, we'll talk that match up, talk about it Lanta, and talk about the secondary transfer window with Ross when he pops up here in just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Apparently the and.
Speaker 5: There have been another couple of moves that were announced this morning by the way, that I guess made it across the one am deadline, and so we'll see what happens there joining us now, Oh, he's got his seat belt on, so it is safe guesting with Ross Smith and we'll try and get our best Tony husband story while we're at it too, So there's ro yes, see that's the idea.
Speaker 4: Hi John, Nice, nice to see you.
Speaker 5: You're to be seen. Let's see, so you are safe guesting this morning? Where are you, sir?
Speaker 3: I am my apologies. I am actually heading to Nashville. Essy's training right now. Okay, so yeah, so whenever, yeah, whenever, I mean it's I'm in market, I live in Nashville, I'm based out of here. But on the Fridays, I love the access we get with Apple to be able to get on the training ground and chat with the coaches, and coaches have warmed up to it a bit more than the first year when they're a bit a bit.
Speaker 4: A bit skeptical of what we're up to coming.
Speaker 3: Onto the training ground, but now it's it's fantastic and the insight you get is.
Speaker 4: There's nothing like it to prep for the games.
Speaker 1: So you got BJ Callahan.
Speaker 5: When you get to show up on Fridays, what's it like to see the BJ Callahan era in Nashville compared to what Gary Smith had, and he had going.
Speaker 3: On a different culture and I would say a different language. And bj Callahan from the first day when he stepped on the training ground, the words that he was using is so different and unique to any other manager, not not just Gary Smith. He's made it his own and he's believed that the players, they all need to be on the same page as part of creating the culture that he wants, but the understanding as well.
Speaker 4: So he went when he uses certain.
Speaker 3: Terms and granted that was, you know, a year ago when he started out. Now when I'll step on the training ground today, everybody's talking the same talk. And I think that's it's really interesting to you know, to to sort of see that. And then the style of what you go into and how he's approached it. He's very meticulous with his attacking phase of play and the spaces guys get into. It's been, uh, it's been really neat to see him operate and how it's come together.
Speaker 1: What unlocked Sam Surage.
Speaker 3: His position, I think his position and I know Gary Smith was was looking at that as well.
Speaker 4: And I think with.
Speaker 3: With Sam playing more towards like a left winger and that's when he played, That's where he played when he was across in England.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that's his sweet spot. You know.
Speaker 3: It's It's interesting because Sam, when I say what stands out whenever you have a designated player, I always say they have to have a separating feature. And when Sam first came in, I thought, I really don't know. He doesn't have blinding pace. He's not a beast in the air, and it's not as though its back to goal he's bullying center backs. So what separates them? And for me now it's it's right place, right time. He understands where he needs to be. I think bj Callahan has made that very clear. And Honey Mooktar also raising his game back to the levels that we've always known to Handy since he's come into the league. You know, Hani's backed as well, and that certainly helps Sam surge. But you know, the positioning, the starting position of Sam surg I think he feels a lot more comfortable and he's used to that position from from when he was at his best back in England.
Speaker 5: Traditionally it would be for going up against Nashville. You pin in Honey Mooktar you cut off the supply lines. Nashville doesn't have that second option. Now under BJ, you've got Sam and then there are some other supporting players that take advantage of this positional gravity. Who else, in your mind, has benefited the most from the unlocking of surage and Honey getting back to being Honey.
Speaker 3: It's a great, great question, And you know, I'll tie this back in when he said, you know the difference with Gary Smith, I would say Gary didn't. He didn't have Patrick Gasbeck, he didn't have Eddie tag Seth and they make a massive difference. And the style to which BJ can play now is that they can press higher up the pitch, they can keep teams, teams locked in their own half, they can keep their team on the front foot in the front half, and so they make a massive difference. So there's wave after wave now coming. I don't think Eddy Tags Steth John has been given enough credit for what he is is done for the team. If there was an MVP category in terms of the most truly the most valuable player, he's got to be in the conversation for what he does winning second balls, you know, biting at the other teams their ankles, not allowing them to find a rhythm in the game. He makes the most difference for guys like Schaffelberg to go And I still don't think we're quite seeing the best of Schaffelberg. We're seeing it in in glimpses.
Speaker 4: What he can do.
Speaker 3: But Alex Mweel, I think he's the biggest benefactor of what we've seen in terms of players off the radar to what you wouldn't notice right away. You want to talk about Surge and want to talk about Hanimuktar. Now we're starting to talk about teg Seth and Patrick Gasbeck. I think alexman Wheel has had the best season he's had an MLS's the position he takes up. It's the role he's been asked to do. And you know the guys that are around him as well. I've certainly benefited from the quality of of tech Seth and the aspect.
Speaker 5: Russ Smith practicing safe guesting on his way to practice this morning in Nashville, hanging out with us year on s d H A M.
Speaker 1: It is the Purple team coming to g otis.
Speaker 5: We can't we can't use the word here in an Atlantic program.
Speaker 1: Ross so uh.
Speaker 5: They played in the midweek, Gallesse ends up getting the same and the shot and the clincher in the PKS, which was insane. What kind of a lineup are you anticipating for the Purple team coming to the Fairgrounds and the Speedway to take on Nashville this weekend.
Speaker 3: I think it's really uh, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And the one thing is that's helped them is that their their game next weekend, which my my partner Tony husband and I we were gonna be covering their game has been pushed now to October eleventh, and so that allows them then to maybe turn out a stronger team today to be able to then flip that around and turn it turn it around against Miami knowing that they have next weekend, you know.
Speaker 4: With without that game. So I it's it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I think Oscaria, that's the one the one standout feature to what he's done is depth in this team, and he's he's almost got two players for each position. And and for me, Oscar Perea, I don't think he's in the conversation enough for for being sought manager. What he does with players from scattered all over the world, and I know that's the league we're in now, but there's there's no better example than Orlando, where, you know, I feel like you have two players from from each part of the world world that have come to his team and they found the common thread. So getting back to your question, you know, I think it'll be a semi strong team, but I don't think it matters because I think he's got the rotation, he's got the buy in, and he's got he's got twenty players that at any point can step in and do the job.
Speaker 5: And I think what we've also seen with Oscar and probably like over the last two seasons, it seemed like old Oscar when he realized, Okay, I'm safe, I'm in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Everythink's cool. He would decelerate.
Speaker 5: And then it's like, okay, purple teams in the playoffs, everything's cool, and then they hit the wall the second they get into the postseason.
Speaker 1: That's not the case anymore with Orlando.
Speaker 5: They're just still pedaled down and they haven't taken the foot off the accelerator win their late season anymore.
Speaker 3: They know what they are, John, and I mean, first and foremost, when you talk about all the stylistic points that I think in Nashville will get and you know, teams like San Diego, first and foremost, they are horrible to play against Orlando, and I think they embrace it.
Speaker 4: Every game they go in. It's a street fight, it's a brawl, and teams know it. They have to be up for it. They have to be up for the gamesmanship.
Speaker 3: Players like Schlegel, I think he defines what Huscar Perea's side is all about. That he will fight and he'll he'll go for every little moment to go his way, and that is just It reverberates throughout the whole team, and that's what they're about. So first and foremost they fight, and I think they wear you down. And then you get into a long season, you start to step into playoffs and you think, oh my goodness, we've got Orlando again. You know, the body's maybe a bit tired. We're piecing ourselves together and we got to go up against this team who aren't going to give us a second to breathe. That's where they get at you, and that's where I think they become stronger and stronger because every single player knows what they're about. Every single player fights for their lives for every single ninety minutes, even at this stage of the season.
Speaker 5: So then how do you combat that kind of a team. Say, say you're on the opposing touchlown, You're going into this matchup knowing it's going to be a street fight. Do you match street fight for street fight? Do you change your mindset a little bit? How do you attack a street fight in this case?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's difficult because you can't get sucked in because that's exactly what they want is to rile you up. But then at the same time, you can't back down. So you have to find that that balance of not losing your head and and think about you know what Messi in his first year, nobody could figure out the formula to to to beat Miami until Orlando came out along in a ujo in the center of the park, God under Messi's skin, you know, and you thought, that's the first player to do that to Messi. And Orlando turns Miami over. It's impressive. You gotta find the balance. You got to find the balance, and you've you've got to as best as you can let your quality show through, and that's will have plenty of it. You know, if you don't have the then you have to grind it out against them, but you you have to match it to a certain level. But you have to trust that your quality and you have to rise above it with with your ability levels.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me go through secondary transfer window. Will do some of the greatest hits here. As you're on your way to practice, Paxton Aronson comes from Europe comes back to Major League Soccer. That's another big get for MLS three point zero whatever you want to call it. You now have players from Europe who are of the US M and T quality coming back to play here in Major League Soccer. How big a get is having somebody like Aaronson come back to Major League Soccer.
Speaker 4: At his age as well the European experience.
Speaker 3: You know, you've seen it with Mahalovich when you know coming back to Colorado and then obviously Toronto and the amount of money they've paid. So it's it's great for It's great for MLS getting guys in their prime and wanting to come back to a league that you know they were very much a part of before and helping to grow.
Speaker 4: And I think that's.
Speaker 3: Important when you hit on that point, is that players who want to be here to see the league grow.
Speaker 4: I think you're starting to see more and more of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know Paxton being American, but you've seen other players from outside the country. They want to be part of something and to push it forward. But in terms of this transfer, when John is as well with other you know, big ticket names coming in, obviously Muller, obviously Sun for for l a FC.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody's making a push.
Speaker 3: Columbus crew have gone out and signed a designated attacker, designated player attacker, spend a lot of money on it, you know, Cincinnati. I don't know if it's over the line, but Brenner's coming back. It sounds like who was terrific. I don't know if that's over lined by today, but it's just the names that are coming back in and more and more. The talent is UH is improving. And and I'll finish on this with what has stuck with me. I sat with Jim Curtin. I think it was the start of last season and Jim Kurtin, I'm waiting to see where he's going to pop up. But Jim Curtin said, what other league overpays for players than MLS? And he said, we'll go out and we'll spend a little bit more to be able to bring in the talent. And he's right when you do actually sit and you think what other leagues in the world will pay the money that that MLS is paying.
Speaker 4: And you know it's a it's a.
Speaker 3: League now that is taking you know, more investment, further pride in the talent coming in and they're willing to spend a bit more than other leagues to bring that time.
Speaker 5: All right, what's your best Tony husband story? I know you turn into a pumpkin here in a second.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, my best Tony husband's story.
Speaker 3: You know what Tony Tony as he's never won for a signature goal call. And this one stands out to me because Tony to find humor in his own jokes. You know, that's that's never won for him. But our Saint Louis game last year, we had Nelly, who was from Saint Louis going to be He delivered the match ball and he was in the stands and he is asked, producer, if Saint Louis score, make sure you get.
Speaker 4: A shot of Nelly because I've got a great goal call.
Speaker 3: And that's never Tony Tony's gold calls are always, you know, off the cuff, and he had it ready that and he didn't tell me, and it wasn't until after the game it was nil nil, so I never got to do the gold call. But he wanted if Saint Louis scored, it was going to be a shot of Nelly and he was gonna go.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's getting hot in here. See it's so cheesy.
Speaker 1: John though, it's so cheesy.
Speaker 3: But I thought that's brilliant and it had me in stitches because it's so unlike Tony and he was so happy with it.
Speaker 5: Well, I would have I would have said that something like I'm from the lou and I'm proud. That would have been what I would have done if it was a Nelly shot in there. Just don't talk plymouth argyle with him. I think that's the key with you can't talk because all right, full disclosure, Tony's been on with us in this time slot before and over my shoulder in my studio, I'm in a hotel room about two hours east southeast of Atlanta today in my studio space over my shoulder, I have the Plymouth argyle AFC Wimbledon promotion playoffs scarf over my shoulder because I'm a member of the Dons trust.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 5: I kind of conveniently forgot to tell Tony that that I'm a Don's trust and so literally I just I shifted over and I said, yeah, and I've got that, and he noticed that I had the plymouth arg gyle thing there, and it's.
Speaker 1: Just like, yeah, man, we're just we're not good this year.
Speaker 5: And it's literally, if you get him going on a plymouth argyle riff, he's gone and you can't bring him back.
Speaker 1: And it's awesome.
Speaker 3: To me and with Wayne Rooney when he went there and he couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: It was. It was tough times.
Speaker 3: We were having an extra pint at the bar nights after games to talk about to commiserate over his time with h With Rooney, I've got to ask you before I know, You've probably got to cut me loose. But so you are Don's Dons, and are you Don's Wimbledon AFC.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 5: You just mentioned you mentioned a team that's a bunch of carpetbaggers, sir, that the on the ones that exited. Okay, so here here's the deal. And I thought you were turning into a pumpkin because you parked. Okay, so I got a couple of minutes here full disclosure. When I when I started, like a decade or so ago, getting back into the EFL and the English Pyramid and all that kind of stuff, I thought it would be cool to join a trust in each of the divisions. And so what I did is I joined Swansea's trust, I joined Pompey's trust, I joined AFC Wimbledon, and I joined Scunthorpe United. And I'm like, okay, I've got one in each and you know, it costs like sixty bucks a year to do all four and that's cool and everything. And you know, when Portsmouth was being sold, they send you this forty page document that you've got to go through and you know, approve it to Michael Eisner, all this kind of stuff, and I'm like, yeah, great, I've got one in each of the four divisions. Then that whole prorail thing got in the way, and so literally I'm now having teams playing each other that I have trusts again with, you know, so it's like AFC Wimbledon's playing Portsmouth and I'm losing my hair about what's going on with all of this stuff.
Speaker 1: But no, I am AFC Wimbledon.
Speaker 5: I've got the document on the other side of the desk back in the office.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And so that literally was I'm look when AFC Wimbledon. And I didn't tell Tony this either. When Ak and Finn was scored the penalty to secure promotion, I was screaming in the office and the boss back home. Literally she comes running downstairs and she's like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Is everything okay? I said, yeah, yeah, everything's great.
Speaker 5: We just got promoted and so and she's like, oh that and then she just kind of did her hand and then she goes back upstairs. But yeah, So that's I didn't tell Tony that part about Ak Andfinn won the PK.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it. So, yes, literally, that's that's how someone that is.
Speaker 4: We are you gonna get? Have you had Robbie urrole on your shoure?
Speaker 3: So I learned sort of my trade and broadcast under Robbi Eurrol because we're both at Portland's. What a guy, What a fantastic guide, what a fantastic person mentor But if you want stories.
Speaker 4: What a guy for that is long.
Speaker 5: You get Robbie on here and we probably I'd budget twenty and we'd probably go for an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Uh, have a have a great call with.
Speaker 5: Tony now now that you have the key, now that you have the garage door opener. Like I tell everybody else that comes on in this ten o'clock slot, Tony Terren's you witting Ham.
Speaker 1: All of you.
Speaker 5: You get bored on a Friday and you want to pop in and here in the hour of chaos, say you're three minutes, get in and get out. That's what this hour is for, for all of you to kind of sit there and so like, Hey, I'm sitting here at practice and I figured that would check in.
Speaker 1: That's what this ten o'clock East hour is for. Rock.
Speaker 5: You've got the garage door opener, go to practice and have a good call this weekend.
Speaker 4: I would love to come on again. Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: John the evet that goes Ross Smith, He's going to practice and yeah he's in Nashville and so so Ross now knows my secrets. Uh, Casey D's going to join us in a ten minutes. We're going to talk things. We mentioned Brenner and I wanted to get into Brenner here for a second, and we'll get into all of the moves that happened in the MLS secondary window, and Brenner was the one that stuck out to me. So it appears, and I don't think I've gotten anything from SC Cincinnati in the mail that breaks down. Okay, Brenner is now back at FC Cincinnati. I don't think that's officially official through the club yet. I'll go back and look at my emails or back and look at the website. I don't think it's official. But when Laurel Fayler broke this yesterday as something to happen before the end of the window, I literally was like, are you blanking kidding Mete with this? So here's the from Jeff Carlisle parts of three seasons with Cincinnati twenty twenty seven goals, seventy two league playoff appearances, twenty twenty two, eighteen and thirty one. Itching to make a move Overseas, transferred to an Essay for a fee of around eleven million in the middle of the twenty three season. Struggled to make much of an impact in Italy, scoring just twice in nineteen League and Cup appearances, hoping to recapture his form back in Major League Soccer. Cincinnati and Udinase are looking to complete the deal. Like I said, this was last night about seven o'clock, and so it was trying to figure out, Okay, what's the deal and how it was that Brenner was working his way back to FC Cincinnati and so Bogert same time last night around dinner time loan from UDINASEI working to finalize the signing ahead of one am initial loan purchase option in the winner tam signing for twenty five while on loan, and so now you would have Brenner coming back, Evander den K and them chasing after championships in the Eastern Conference. And so with all of the with all of the things that we're going on with Brenner toward the end of his tenure, you're like really coming back, huh apparently? So, like I said, I have nothing officially official from the club. Let me let me go back and check my email just to make sure that nothing happened while we while we were yacking. But we do have another couple of clubs who did announce some things. As I try and track down my notes from FC Cincinnati. Okay, so the only note, the last note that I have from f C Cincinnati has to do with the Orlando City game getting flex to the twenty eighth September to Sunday Night soccer. That's the last thing that I have from s C Cincinnati in an official capacity. So yesterday LA Galaxy got a million and a half dollars from Nashville in exchange for midfielder Jonathan Perez cash for player trade straight up, an additional three hundred thousand to LA if certain performance based incentives are achieved by Perez, he get a sell on percentage of Perez is sold to another club. Also that happened late last night. Toronto FC adding Jose Sifuentes from Rangers. This was rumored yesterday and now it's officially official as of nine thirty this morning. Sifuentes on loan from Rangers. Loan agreement runs through the end of June of twenty six, so basically it's like a year long loan deal with a purchase option added to the club's roster. Penning receipt of the ITC work permitting medicals. Twenty six year old midfielder will not occupy in international slot as he obtained the US green card December second, twenty twenty one, completed on Thursday, prior to the close of the secondary transfer window. Quote from Jason Hernandez. Toronto FC's GM was it with Rangers for the last two years and obviously spent time in the league before three and a half seasons. LAFC helped lead them to the Pie Plate and MLS Cup and the CCL Finals in twenty twenty three. Four seasons fifteen and twenty through one hundred and twenty one appearances. Originally joined LAFC on a tam deal back in twenty twenty. Fourth player in LAFC history to reach one hundred MLS regular season matches to ten players in MLS history to reach the milestone in their first four seasons before turning twenty five, So Jose Sefuentes from Rangers on loan to TFC.
Speaker 1: That happened this morning officially.
Speaker 5: Then shock of shocks, Interer Miami signs Argentine youth international attacker Mateo Silvetti. Silvetti joins from Newell's old boys Wink Nudge, Nudge as a part of the U twenty two Initiative, announcing today they've signed Mateo Silvetti from Newele's Old Boys to a contract through the twenty nine season with an option for twenty thirty talents. That Argentine youth international attacker joins the club as part of the U twenty two initiative, penning receipt of the ITC and the P one VISA. Nineteen years old comes from Newell's, graduated through the youth rank, spent the entire of his professional career, making his professional debut in twenty four. Since then, thirty seven appearances are all COMPS six plus two. Silvetti has represented Argentine' U twenties three appearances won goal since his debut in twenty four. Notably, and this is the last paragraph managed by Jabyer Masherrano in his three appearances to date for LAL for the I'LLBI Celeste's U twenty side. So signed from Newles to a contract doesn't say how it's like it might have been a hey, here, take him, you want him here? So apparently Silvetti is a here you want him deal. Messi and friends are like, sure, we'll take him. Sign from Nowles on contract through twenty nine option for thirty and he's a U twenty two Mateo Silvetti five seven, nineteen years old from Missario Argentina. So that is uh, that's that happened. Like I said, that happened early this morning, it was released that it happened, but it was part of everything breaking down before getting into the the end of.
Speaker 1: The secondary transfer window.
Speaker 5: So let's roll through what Tommy Scoops has to say with all of the transactions.
Speaker 1: No, that it's not what I want. I want to go here and literally.
Speaker 5: It's like if you don't do if you don't do it a certain way, then the phone sits there and squawks at you and you go through. Okay, So mentioned Brenner. Ivon Jime on loan from Porto to c F Montreal. Loan until next summer, includes a purchase option. Jime added to Montreal's roster as a DP. Houston Dynamo signed Mali in international midfielder a Diad Samasiku some Asiku twenty nine, previously with Hothenheim and Salzburg. He's a free agent. Forty two caps with Mali, eighty seven Bundesliga appearances. FC Cincinnati's deal to sign a Poland international Dominic Markschuk on loan from RSL does include a permanent option. Option is for a cash trade, so that sealed the deal a loan deal through the end of the year. RSL gets a first round Super Draft pick since he gets Mark Schuk and his international slot, so Cincinnati gets Marchuk. They signed Miles to an extension and it looks like they're bringing Brenner back. And so as of eleven hours ago, Bogert has the deal being done. Nothing official in paperwork from FC Cincinnati in the form of a press release. Loan option to an Essa till the winner with a purchase option. Brenner hits Cap as a tam less than three hours ahead of the deadline.
Speaker 1: Deal is sealed.
Speaker 5: So like ten o'clock Eastern time last night. So Brenner Martschuk and so your death chart is this. Den K Doto, Vealezuela, aub Jubbari, Sergio Santos, Brenner, Kai Kamara, er Etchiniki and U Yakuba are your forwards. Central attacking mid Evander Dotovalanzuela, Luca Oriziano, central midfielders Buka i'm Ogidi, U Yakubo, defensive mid Todd Bryan and Nounga Giedi, Stephen Hemenez and Obinna Wibodo. Who's on the injured list? Your back line of five left wing back or Jiano Lucas Ingle, Brad Smith, Gilbuctro, Flores, Lucas Engle, Teenage Hedebi at left, center back, center back, Miasga and Hagland right center back Miles Hagland, Alvis Powell, right wing back, Marc chuk or Ajiano Kubo at Chinik, Alvis Powell and in Net Celentano, Evan Laurel and Paul Walters. That's your death chart for FC Cincinnati right now. So we mentioned some Asiku, we mentioned mart Chuk mentioned Brenner.
Speaker 1: Let's see, uh trying to go back here.
Speaker 5: Minnesota United was trying to finalize a deal signing Greek defender at Nectarios Triantis from Sunderland. Deals all set and the personal agreement was laid out by Pete Rourke twenty two spent last year on loan from Hibbs in Scotland and Paxton Aronson had his press conference yesterday with the Masses. City was done with the window. FC Cincinnati currently tied as they roll through. Okay, last half hour the show and it's time to bring in Casey D. And we get to find out what is on her mind. We get to get a little opposition research going with Toronto, and we get to talk about the college game, anything else on her mind before we go and lay everything out with her. So Casey D looks like you are at home again?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 7: I am. It's a little surprising that I'm at home, but I am. You're right.
Speaker 5: So I'm the one in the hotel two hours away from Atlanta right now.
Speaker 1: So the script, well, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's the time of the year where everything kind of blends together and the American high school football and I'm out on a shoot in Millgeville, Georgia for that that's later today. So I'm doing the show from a hotel room and hope that everything happens, you know, the signal stays the way that it's supposed to, and we get to talk about things. I do want to talk Last night, I did have the TV on kind of in the background, and it was South Carolina and Ohio State that was going on in the SEC. I do want to get into that a little bit later on everything else in the SEC and the acc lowdown, dirty cheaters in Gainesville and your call with Jen Hildreth and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that.
Speaker 5: Okay, last MLS match you called was Columbus in Toronto with Evan Weston last week. This is where the opposition research comes into play with it. Landay United taking on Toronto this weekend Sunday afternoon four to ten.
Speaker 1: Kick.
Speaker 5: What did you see in Toronto that folks need to keep an eye on when it comes to the Reds coming into this matchup this weekend?
Speaker 1: What's stuck out to you?
Speaker 7: Well, first off, if I don't say that Jessica is on the call with me, she's gonna get upset because she's an OG. So it was Jessica charm. You have to say that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, John, That's right. It was. It's like Evan was.
Speaker 7: The week before though, Like these games are coming so fast, but because of Jessica, because you know her, I've got.
Speaker 1: To say that, yes, she'll she'll shoot me next time I see her too. So yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was the Wonder Twins calling that matchup. Yes, Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 7: So what's really interesting about Toronto? They are a team right now that you do not want to let stay in games. The last two matchups that they have had with Philadelphia Union with Columbus Crew, they've shown that they'll give up early goals. So their start is certainly something that Robin Fraser is going to be focused on. But they're giving up early goals. The problem for the Philadelphia Union, the problem for the Columbus Crew is they almost were in this rhythm of it just looks like a goal is going to come. They were able to get more possession, they were able to move the ball around and get chances, but it was not this urgent speed of play to put Toronto away. When Toronto has shown that they can stay in the games, they figure out something at the end to get that equalizing goal. But it's even more than that from a possession standpoint and an urgency standpoint. They seem to adapt really well at halftime, so you don't want to let them get to halftime close.
Speaker 5: Georgia Mihailovich is now in the stacks and he has been very quiet offensively the tail end of his time in Colorado. Still pretty quiet right now with Toronto. What does he bring to the table in a perfect world that Toronto is looking forward to unlock with him now there north of the border.
Speaker 7: The perfect world is him scoring goals and getting assists one hundred percent. But I believe that he draws so much attention talking attention about him, whether it's scouting reports, whether it's media, whatever it may be. And then attention on the field. He plays in pockets of the field that might just shift a defender one or two yards to open a gap for someone else. So when there's a high profile player that's brought into an environment, they take attention off and I would say pressure off of other players where they're able to step up. So do I think that there's going to be more production from him, Yes, But what he's doing already is taking that pressure and attention off other players, and it's allowing other players to step up. On top of just the fact that he can play make and he can take that pieces corner kicks his service for their goal. He was able to have the service.
Speaker 1: So he still is providing, all right.
Speaker 5: So when you got to take a peek at them, I know that we're we kind of look at shiny objects and we look at starting elevens. If Toronto is to be successful, I guess this is almost like match game, give me somebody second level below the radar, not really one of those names that you gravitate toward for Toronto to be successful. Who are some of those foot soldiers that have to be a part of the conversation for Robin Fraser.
Speaker 7: For me, Kuajo and midfield is probably the most unseen hero we've talked about it. I love holding midfielders, I love playmakers. And in the first half versus Columbus, he would drop between the center backs and dictate play to a degree. But in the second half it was almost as if a coach went up to him and said, I want you to do this every time. We're better when you're on the ball. Because the second half he got on the ball and Toronto was able to set more play. And when Toronto's able to do that, they build into the games. They build confidence and with any team, when that confidence is going, everyone has pieces up top that can generate chances, have chance creation. So that was the big difference I saw from the first half of the second half was his intentionality to be a playmaker, to be involved in the build in almost every time that Toronto had the ball.
Speaker 5: Oppo research with Casey d and yes, Casey, we did not know that you were a card holding member of the Holding Midfielders Appreciation Society.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 5: We do have the h the hmas here on at soccer down here.
Speaker 7: So you know why. I'm an attacking midfielder. So I loved my holding midfielder to do certain things and it just made my life so much.
Speaker 5: Easier that they got your back, that they let you run. They've got your back, that's what you're hunting for. So it's good to see Kzy remember the Holding Midfielders Appreciation Society. That is, that's a look at Toronto. Anything else that that sticks out in your mind when it comes to TFC that folks need to look at other than shiny objects in Kuwajo in the midfield.
Speaker 7: I don't know if there's anything super specific. I do think they're gonna have to figure out Brent Hilton up top. He was not much of a factor in that game. So you've got Kerr coming off the bench. You now have they'll sont so watch for Robin Frasier to figure out who is that parent partner with Mihailovich operating underneath. I think there's some decisions to.
Speaker 5: Be made there, all right, college game. Uh, last time you we're on with this. You and Gen got to sit through a weather delay. Hey we're shocked North Florida Panhandle rain. Oh my god, No, that never happened. It was Florida State and the low down dirty cheaters from Gainesville. When you look at those kinds of matchups, you want them early in the year to kind of see where you are. What were some of your takeaways early on looking at Florida State and the low down dirty Cheaters.
Speaker 7: Well, when there's a weather delay, I think it's always fascinating to see how teams come out of a locker room. And that really was the story of this game. Because I'll give the Gators some credit. They came out pretty strong, and Florida State is a worthy oponent. The opponent they are, in so many ways the gold standard of women's soccer in the last few years. And to come out and keep it really tight till about the thirty fifth minute was really impressive. Then the rain delay happens and we think we're within a minute of it coming back out, we go back in, then it happens again. So when you're going through that, what is your leadership doing, how's your coaching staff managing things. How are your peers and teammates managing those moments is something that's really important. Florida State, after that delay showed why they're Florida State. They came out, they had made I knew that was going to make you happy. They came out with an urgency that they didn't have in the first half. Now, it was the first game of the year, so there's always going to be that little bit of nerves, that connectivity piece. But they showed their quality. They showed the responsibility of coming out after a weather delay, and they went after it. The chance creation was insane that they had after they came back out.
Speaker 5: And it's interesting now that the schedule quirk has happened where you've got to schedule even more games with the calendar of having been expanded, and you're seeing a lot of random matchups where D one go five group of five clubs or sitting there going, oh crap, we need matchups, and you're seeing like D three's showing up against D one kind of thing.
Speaker 1: What what do we gain? And this is a.
Speaker 5: Philosophical question, So I answered, as you wish, and that was that was not me sending you an email. What I guess are there are there benefits to expanding the schedule this additional week. Is is the benefit to the the lower division club getting the opportunity to play a D one with this expansion of the schedule?
Speaker 1: I guess is it.
Speaker 5: Are there more benefits to it or is it just kind of the way things are with the system being the way that it is these days.
Speaker 7: I think that there could be a benefit in a in a multitude of ways. Potentially, one is that you just get a little bit more time to be able to ease players into things. It starts early, but games that maybe aren't as instrumental to what you're doing, so it gives you time to see certain things. There were some cancelations. I mean, we didn't end that we were like four minutes away from getting canceled in Florida State. We weren't. But if there are, we've seen some of those across the country. Like, you can move on, you can get another matchup, whatever it may be. I think the one thing that's, you know, interesting, is that we want to expand a lot of people want to expand the college season because it's so much in so little amount of time. So for me. I don't mind expanding it to a degree, but when you add in an extra game weekend, how you manage that is really if it's going to be to your detriment or if it can be a positive for your group.
Speaker 5: Casey d hanging out with us here outside of her normal Tuesday because she's like one of the busiest people in show business.
Speaker 1: So we we.
Speaker 5: Try to hang on, try to try to hang on to that comments tale as hard as we humanly possibly can, trying to pin you down every week. Traditionally, for those that may not know, Casey dbats lead off with us on Tuesdays and we go over the weekend and everything there, SEC ACC, what has stuck out in your mind? Like I said last night, I had in the background South Carolina taking on Ohio State. Ohio State came in and they're starting eleven. Wasn't They're full blown starting eleven and it eventually ended up wearing them down early in the second half. When you look at those two Power five Conferences, what has stuck in your mind from the last last week or so.
Speaker 7: The expectation of the ACC has always been to win the majority of games. SEC is now there as well, and both of them are coming out very strong. Last night, nine out of ten SEC teams won and Texas tied, so the one non win was still a tie. And then you look at the ACC very similar to the two out of the nine lost, including my tar Hills. I have to say that, but the reality is both conferences are showing that they have the ability to compete at the highest level. That's no surprise to anyone. But what I like about this year is that, in my opinion, and I don't know if this is like true fact or not, but there seems to be more ACC SEC matchups or maybe there's just more of a focus on it because of the SEC's level and how much better they have gotten in the last few years. But those matchups are making it really hard in non conference for both.
Speaker 5: And you've got one Sunday night Wake in Mississippi State. Mississippi State loses their head coach to Auburn, and so you try and figure out, Okay, where does the Stark Vegas machine go from here? Does it continue to just go on the treadmill and everything's fine, or is there shakeups? And is it different against Wake Forest. We had Michael Parkhurston earlier in the show, and so we know all about Wake's pedigree Wake in Mississippi State, what are you taking going into this? One Sunday night at seven.
Speaker 7: Thirty, you mentioned James Armstrong going to Auburn. Nick has been around for six years. With James Armstrong, he is known around the country. Everyone knows he's an emotional leader, he's a motivator, and he's definitely not going to lose that. But he had the tactical ability to be at the highest level as well. So I expect them to hit the ground running. They got their first win under him last night, or first official win, I should say, so. I think that Missippi State is going to continue to be this hard working, gritty team with a couple very sophisticated players that step up on the other side. I mean, Tony deLuce recruited me and I was talking to him this morning on a coach call and I said, I'm not trying to make you sound old, but like you've been around a while, and he started laughing. And I was asking him about his group because we know they are a fluid, possession oriented program. They play a beautiful game. But what I liked about what I saw last night was their goals were incisive. They were possession oriented, but they cut right through back lines a lot of runs forward in the box. But they're a young team. They're depending on a lot of freshmen, very few transfers to replace.
Speaker 5: What they lost last year and by that comparison rolling it back to Mississippi State Auburn, they have decided to go to the transfer portal. They've gone international with a lot of their players to try and turn things over quickly. Do you anticipate more teams going quick fix and doing it that way? Like if a coach goes into a situation that's new, do you anticipate the internationals coming over that much faster, that much more in bulk? Is it going to be transfers and grads? How are you looking at the landscape now, especially with nil if that impacts it that much, How are you looking at the landscape changing now with coaches going into a new situation.
Speaker 7: I don't necessarily think much will change about the international landscape. Those that have international pipelines that are looking to recruit internationally always have and continue to do so. But I do think more and more coaches are going for the transfer portal for some of those I guess, like you said, quote unquote quicker fixes or immediate impact type of players. But I believe the best programs have a mix of both in their vision that long term of getting the top players coming out of high school, which is vitally important for the health of your program, for the health and the country of the sport, continue to develop players. So if you mix that with getting I believe one or two impact players, whether it's internationally or transfer, it's a really good mix for success.
Speaker 5: You realize, of course, I've held out one of the games that you're calling this weekend on purpose, you have.
Speaker 7: I noticed that, and if I know where you're going, I didn't actually bring it to They have a Christmas mud today. I know it's dirty. It's dirty.
Speaker 1: How do you not have more? How do you not have more than one you and C Mug in the house because.
Speaker 7: That one is like vintage and I don't even want to like add to it. It's like so old, and I just keep it as my Mike you and S Mug.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So then secondary we question how many of your old jerseys do you have and are they framed or are they just on hangers?
Speaker 1: How much of the of your career you have on hangers.
Speaker 7: I have one framed Carolina jersey, but I've moved recently, so it's literally like on the ground behind me in like bubble wrap because i haven't had a chance to do anything with it. So being really honest, but I have one of each of my Carolina colors, Carolina blue and white, and then with the US, I probably I have one from every cap, but I've given a few away. I've given to my parents. They're probably on hangers, and I've got one framed. So a little bit of a little bit of everything. It's a mixed bag to answer that question.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you're how do you end up with it? Now?
Speaker 5: You and c and Rice Sunday at ten please tell me that ken p Eastern and not ten a.
Speaker 7: It's ten a because I think't goas Yes, so that is a ten am game and doing that for an institutional broadcast, you know, just being in alum being in the area and yeah, so I'm doing that there. It's for acc X on digital and then I'll do SEC Network.
Speaker 1: That night ten am. Man, that's ten am.
Speaker 5: How do you how on a game day do you prepare for that? I mean you've got to be in the building probably what eight eight thirty for the broadcast. I mean, work backward with me here. How do you prepare for an am kick?
Speaker 7: Well, a lot of coffee in the morning, so that's the first step. But we arrive at least two hours before kick, so I will be at the stadium by eight am, ready to go, getting sorted all of that. So yeah, so literally I'll be waking up, coffee, eat, go. I mean, there's not a whole lot, but and there's on cams for this. It's not like you're sitting in a booth with no on cams or anything like that. So I've got that early and then a little bit of a break reset, and then have the SEC at seven thirty that night.
Speaker 1: Crazy all right? So you and c and Rice? What study hall been like getting ready for that one?
Speaker 7: Well, Carolina losing two out of the first three. I haven't actually sat and looked at if that's happened anytime recently. That that's definitely different for the program. So there's obviously still sorting some things out. But I think what needs to be said is the opposition they're facing in Georgia and Tennessee they are very good programs. And while North Carolina is a story program and has the legacy piece and one last year, every years a new start and they have new players in they've lost a lot to the Pro League. So I don't want to take anything away from Georgia or Tennessee and as wins because they are of the level to be competing in the NCAA tournaments going far in the tournament, and they've showed up early in this season. So I think Carolina obviously has some things to figure out because the expectation is very high and having you know, a win last week was good for them. But Rice is going to come in obviously hard to play in Chapel Hill, but I expect Carolina to be able to handle things this weekend. But you just never know how they're dealing with those early losses.
Speaker 5: And Tennessee combines that win with a win against UCLA out on the coast and they're hanging out before they go play Loyal and Merrimount before they come back with the checkerboard and they come back to Knoxville. So it's an early good start for Tennessee. As we as you are the you are the the last guest of the week. I will I will lay this out here on the table for you, right. Is there anything from the week itself that has stuck in your brain that has driven you crazy or that has deserved the plot it's hauzahs and hurrahs that it should. Is there anything that is stuck in your brain from this week that you want to sit there and tip your cap to or do you want to sit there and go this really frustrates me and blanks me off and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Is there? Is there anything from the.
Speaker 5: Week that has stuck with you, that that is on your mind, that has stuck on your mind this week?
Speaker 1: Is there anything could.
Speaker 7: Be about this? You should because I could probably have a list of things, but off the top of my head, one, I have not been traveling this week and I thought it would be good for me, and I'm so antsy, so I have to say that first. I'm like, I'm not used to being at home, so that's been kind of strange. But I'll say this, I think I want to make a comment about what you mentioned about Tennessee in the college game, and you're going to nod your head with this. Those types of losses that Carolina had, whether it's to Tennessee to whatever it may be. Over time, you see how good of a loss or bad of a loss it is. And Tennessee beating UCLA, it's starting to look like, well, that might actually be an okay loss if Tennessee is proving that they're going to compete at that high of a level throughout the entire season. So I think that'll be interesting to and for Tennessee to follow up with that was really nice to see. I'm a big fan of Joe Kurt and him going into that head coaching role, so I'm excited to see that just from a personal level, a human level of them doing well. Well. We haven't mentioned in WSL, so i'll mention NWSL the win for angel City last night over the Orlando Pride. They had a huge sighting the Orlando Pride. Ovia is going to be coming. They made a big splash this week. The Orlando Pride lose to Angel City on the road. Angel City has not been in the greatest form, to put it, put it nicely, and they had a late start with having their coach come in kind of changing the way they want to play identity and he has so much success and long term, I think we're going to see that, but short term it's been really tough for Angel City. Angel City winning one, it says something about the Orlando Pride of Okay, maybe they aren't quite at the top. It allows San Diego Wave to potentially get further ahead, the Spirit to jump them. But for Angel City, I think that was a marquee win to be able to say we want to still be a part of the conversation for playoffs because they've had such a tough stretch. So I liked seeing that. It makes it more interesting or on the playoff line for the NWSL. So that's one piece and then two teams that I think these are like almost must win weekends in my opinion is Gotham and then North Carolina Courage. Not because they'll be mathematically out or anything like that, but they're in a spot where one win can really propel you or one loss now starts to compound things because they haven't been in the greatest form and found those results. So thinking to Belsala is really interesting this weekend.
Speaker 5: Case d hanging out with us on a Friday, and normally she batslead off on Tuesdays because she has been flying around the planet and this is why we're catching up with her as the last guest of the week. Sunday morning, ten am, North Carolina and Rice, you look all the caffeine in the world. I give you full credits and lining up at ten am on a Sunday morning calling a match especially.
Speaker 1: For the all.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry about that. I will say, this is my first time to ever call a match at Dorrance Field, not Fetzerfield. I thought to say Fetzerfield because I'm old. I always wanted to coach against North Carolina when Anson was still around, and it's a little personal antidote I was supposed to when I was the head coach at Xavier University. I scheduled Carolina as my first game as head coach of the college team there, and I ended up taking a national team coaching job with the YOU teams, and so I never got to do that, and I never got to coach at the facility that I played at, and so this is actually my first ever game to be on site in my old stadium, and so from a personal standpoint, I just feel very honored and very grateful, and I'd be remiss not to bring that up because It is something that's really special to me because it was a great four years for me and really helped.
Speaker 5: Launch my career, no doubt about it. Ten am U NC and Rice. That's on the ACC digitals. So for those of you that have the the ACC and net ACC network plus, I was about to see ACC D n ACCX or whatever whatever, yeah, whatever, whatever the alphabet soup is for the digital platform for the ACC network. Case is going to be on UNC and Rice and then she's going to turn around and do wake in Mississippi State Sunday night at seven thirty, and then she's going to be back with us batting lead off on Tuesday to talk about NWSL and college and all the other things that stick in her brain and get to add her to the Holding Midfielders Appreciation Society as well. That is something that we did not know but we now know. Fantastic as always, Casey, Great to see you, Great to catch up with you. Glad we could cover the things that we don't normally get to cover. When you get to drop by, we get to talk college and NWSL and all those really cool things and when you and you and the other half of the Wonder Twins Jess Charmon, get to go and travel to Toronto and turn turn Ontario Province upside down with the two of you calling that match.
Speaker 1: It's always cool.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, case We'll see you on Tuesday. Have great calls and we'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 7: Sounds good, see you later.
Speaker 1: Goes Casey CACD.
Speaker 5: And so Casey D has two games and she is ones on ACC streaming ones on ACC Network Extra Plus over there, and then Wake in Mississippi State is on SEC Network.
Speaker 1: That's on Sunday at seven point thirty.
Speaker 5: So god, I can't believe I messed up the fact that it was her and Jess all the pictures that they posted on Instagram, that is on me completely. She was paired with Evan before doing Minnesota. That's where I was getting it all messed up. So she was paired with Evan doing Minnesota and Colorado then, And that's the thing. It's like, so two times in a row, Casey has called an MLS match involving an opponent that is going into play at Landy United.
Speaker 1: That's where it was stuck in my brain. So John's an idiot? What else is new?
Speaker 5: Did not have not seen the quotes coming out of the Chris Henderson press conference, Ricky, I have not seen those, so we've been kind of locked in. We talked to Ross Smith and talked to a couple of other folks. Anything of note. Hang on, let me go and see if there was anything from the press conference that is in line with anything and everything here.
Speaker 1: So let's see.
Speaker 5: Have not seen anything come out of the Chris Henderson presser and.
Speaker 1: I could spell Henderson.
Speaker 5: I could probably sit there and see what's going on with the with all of the notes, no current plan to change the existing DPS using the same group next year. Club is communicated to Brad Gazanne that they're looking for a number one going forward and the U twenty two slots will be utilized to some extent because they don't have any U twenty two's right now. Brad knows we're looking for a number one goalkeeper next year, so that is from today's press conference.
Speaker 1: So that is.
Speaker 5: You know what you're what you're looking at with with probably that's probably one of the bigger quotes from from Hindi from this morning. Brad knows we're looking for a number one goalkeeper next year, So that's you said Matt Edward's training individually, Brooks Lennon training with the team, and those look like the early notes. But the early notes basically Brad knows we're looking for a number one goalkeeper next year. No current plan to change the existing dps using the same group next year. Club is communicated to Brad they're looking for a number one U twenty two slots utilized to some extent. So once again utilized to some extent. Like I said, there are no U twenty twos currently on the roster. The last one was Edwin Musquitta, and Edwin would be a Edwin would be a situation. Once again, his contract is over. There is an option year, but right now with his situation at ME and AIOS do not anticipate Edwin Musqutta coming back. So that's that's where I think those are the probably the couple of bullet points that you would be looking at from the Chris Henderson presser going forward. So we'll see what happens there Atlanta and Toronto. Once again, you've got that coming up this weekend. It's on four o'clock, four ten kick and that is on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everybody there. Remember Saturday night it is. It is at Lanty United two and OCB. That is I think it's a six thirty pre game. So half hour before kick we got pregame. You'll hear from Jose Silva, you'll hear from Ryan Carmichael, and we'll get you ready for the weekend and we'll let you know what's happened all week long in MLS Next Pro and we'll get you ready there. So at Lanta United to OCB on the network. That's Saturday night, Sunday afternoon. It is Atlanta United at Lanty United in Toronto FC. It is five stripes countdown, three o'clock, four to ten kick and also it is the unified match after So when you go to the match this weekend, stay come around to the one hundreds cheer on the Unified because this is the back end of the home and home for the matchup against Toronto. Remember when it was in Toronto, the early morning kick in Toronto against Toronto FC, it was a five to three shootout. And remember it's only going to go eighteen to eighteen, so it's going to be thirty six yards shorter of a field. That was the first match that Toronto had played. I think in six years as a club, so you've got that to kind of look at.
Speaker 1: Going going for the weekend.
Speaker 5: So Atlanta United Unified, if you're there, stay watch h o utd dot com, slash Live Atlanta United and Toronto FC. That's Sunday OCB Atlanta United to on the network on our mix OERD channel, Soccer down here dot mixlore dot com and on.
Speaker 1: Soccer down here dot net. So that's Saturday and that's Sunday.
Speaker 5: So that's that's where we are with those really quickly juice boxes for the Premier League will go over officials and what to watch coming up here for the end of yet another week. And thanks for hanging out with us as you always do. West Ham and Chelsea today three o'clock. Chelsea's a minus one forty nine. West Ham's a plus four hundred Grandpotters already gotten the voted confidence.
Speaker 1: Five matches tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Man City's a minus one ninety six at home against Spurs at a plus four seventy one, born with at home favored against Wolves at a minus one twenty three. Wolves are a plus three twenty five. Brentford a plus two twenty fourth. The Gtech hosting asketon Villa, who's a plus one nineteen. The draw just changed in front of me to a plus two fifty two. Burnley and Sunderland an early marker for the teams that are being looked at, possibly to just go back down to the championship. Burnley a plus one twenty five draws a plus two to fifteen. Sunderland a plus two forty three on the road Arsenal big favorite at home against Leeds at a minus three seventy leads and plus ninety ten draws a plus five eighteen three. Matches on Sunday two at nine o'clock Palace a plus one thirty seven. Hosting Nottingham Forest at a plus two eleven draws a plus two twenty seven. News there that it is apparently Nuno is Spirito Santo and the admittent of the front office. Nuno's casting doubts over his future as his relationship with Angelinas Marianacus sours. From Ben Fisher at the Guardian quote casting doubt over his future, conceding the relationship with Merinacus has deteriorated and acknowledging there is no smoke without fire. Ami reports he could be sacked and so you secure European competition for the first time in thirty years three year contract. In June pre match press conference, Nuno, who tends to be guarded and reluctant to overshare, divulge the breakdown of communication after being asked whether his relationship with Marinacus has suffered. Quote, I always had a very good relationship with the owner. Last season was very close, almost daily basis this season not so well. But I always believe the dialogue and your opinion is always valid because my concern is the squad and the season that we have ahead of us. But our relations have changed. It is not so close, meaning the relationship now, I'm being honest with you, I cannot say that is the same because it's not the same. The reason behind it, I don't know. My job is always to try and anticipate what's coming ahead of us, and that's what I said with respect.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 5: I think everybody at the club should be together, but it's not the reality. The reality is it's not what it used to be. It was a good respect for relationship but was more based on trust and sharing opinions, and now it's not so good. Ask about the quote where he possibly could be sacked. He says, where there's smoke, goes fires. So I know how things work, but I'm here to do my job. I understand because I'm worried. I'm the first one to be worried. I'm the first one to be concerned. There's no smoke without fire. So that's what you're looking at with Nuno Spirito Santo and the relationship having changed at Nottingham Forest Everton A plus two oh nine. At home for the Homo Perner at Bramley Moore, Doc Brighton's a plus one thirty seven. On the road full I'm an eleven thirty Sunday Morning is a plus two twenty seven. Manchester United a plus one seventeen, draws a plus two fifty four. Monday Night Football Newcastle A plus two thirty four hosting Liverpool, Who's a plus one oh four. Now let's get into all of the notifications and find out who's doing what where, what the ref situations look like, and what it's going to look like involving all of the crews this weekend broadcast, et cetera. So here's your pro rundown and then we will get into all of the all of the juice boxes, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, all those things, and so MLS next Pro and it's more of that. Do we have our inside video review? We got to look at Gregorio Barkie at some point. Uh okay, Match day thirty, we finally have those assignments. Here we go, all right, Match day thirty, as I sit here and try and fish for it before we get out of here.
Speaker 1: All right. MLS assignments.
Speaker 5: Match Day thirty, FC Cincinnati NYC Victor Reevas in the middle, Catherine Nesbut Michael Barwag and Matthew Corrigan, your ar's and your fourth units. Maroci and Brian Done upstairs. Sergei Damianchuk in the middle for crew and the revs. Logan Brown, Jason White, Mohammad Hassan at your ars and your fourth. Edvan Jorissevitch is your var and he is upstairs with Claude yubadea DC United Messian Friends, Ricardo Montero, Aria the man in the middle, Adam when Kowski, Meghan Mullen, Philip Duy at your ars and your fourth. Caroline Shenard and Kevin Locke are upstairs. Ce F Montreal and Austin Alan Chapman for that one. Leah's Arfa, Jeffrey Grees and Mario l Aas Your AARs and your fourth. Greg dop Cut, Craig Lowry upstairs Philadelphia and the Fire, Ruby Elvasquez in the middle, Corey Rockwell, Justin Howard, Servando Barnay, your AARs and your fourth. Kevin Stott and Alisia Mesher Alicia Messer are upstairs. FC Dallas and lafc Ricardo Fierro in the middle. Adam Garner, Ben Pilgrim, Jerry Marufo is your fourth, Jeff Gamble, Robert Schapp upstairs, Timothy Ford in the middle for Nashville in Orlando City, Hopefully Ross Smith gets to enjoy that. Andrew Bigelows, Gerard kater le Buis, John Freeman, your ars and your fourth. Jose Carlos Rivero and Mark Allaton are upstairs. R s L Minnesota United. Joe Dickerson in the middle for that one. Cameron Blanchard, Eduardo, Jeff Alexis Da Silva, your airs and your fourth. Roomy Twoshon, Joshua pat Lack upstairs Houston and Santase Sergey Boyco the Man in the middle. Corey Richardson Stephen McGonagall, Tory Penso is your fourth. Daniel Radford, Fabio Tovar are upstairs, Fotis Bazacas man in the middle for Vancouver and All Caps. Jeremy Hansen, brook Mayo Momo Senni is your fourth. Kevin Terry Junior, Ian McKay upstairs, La Galaxy and Colorado. Pierre lou Lozier in the middle, Jeremy Qiso Diego Blosso, Malik Madwi is your fourth. Caroline Schnard, Claude Jobadea are upstairs San Diego and Portland. Rosendo Mendoza in the middle. Chris Wadam, Stephan Tanaka Frount, Christian Campo Hernandez is your fourth. Greg Doptka, Craig Lowry upstairs. Lorenzo Hernandez is in the middle for Atlanta in Toronto. We'll get his stats in a sack. Eric Wise Broad, Marcus d'olivera, Walt Heatherly Delavera.
Speaker 1: Is your fourth.
Speaker 5: David Barry Jonathan Johnson upstairs. Remember David Barry and v A R. Charlotte FC and Red Bulls. Armando Virial the man in the middle, Kylette Tyler, Wirastik, Calean Radisov is your fourth.
Speaker 1: Ismael L.
Speaker 5: Fath, Fabio Tovar are upstairs. Seattle and Sporting, Chris Penso, Corey Parker, Chris Beenso is in the middle, Corey Parker, Nick Balsar, Drew Fisher is your fourth. David Barry, Jonathan Johnson are upstairs. Okay, So, Lorenzo Hernandez, let's do some Let's do some digging into the kind of style he has and what his stats are this season when it comes to whistles and such. So according to our friends at who scored and this is where we traditionally go for these kinds of assignment. So it is Lorenzo Hernandez, twelve in the middle, averages twenty three and three quarter fouls per game.
Speaker 1: He has.
Speaker 5: Fifty let's see, so he's got fifty seven yellow cards and twelve matches, so he averages four and three quarters when it comes to four and three quarters when it comes to all of the matchups that he has called this season. Foulsper tackle about three quarters of a foul per tackle, and he does have he's got to penalties per game two thirds. Hang on just a second, So if he's going to be calling a lot of if he's going to be calling a lot of penalties here, football statistics, top tournaments, No, hang on, so what did we traditionally do.
Speaker 1: Referees?
Speaker 5: Hang on? Yes, I meant referees. What did we do here, Lorenzo Hernandez ref stats?
Speaker 1: What did we do here? Hang on?
Speaker 5: He's got twelve, so four two and three's gotta throw. So that's a little off. So it's twenty three and so he averages two and three quarters yellow cards a match. He calls about twenty four fouls a match, so it doesn't really give a whole lot of cards. But it looks like Lorenzo Hernandez gives us a couple of okay, statistics, This was how we did it. I don't want statistics. It was not tournaments. It was actually referees.
Speaker 1: But h crap.
Speaker 5: So of course you can't find it in short notice. I don't want football statistics. But it was who scored, was where we were. So it looks like he doesn't really flash a whole lot of yellow cards, averages about twenty four fouls a match, and so that's kind of where we are. So let's see if stats up can get it to me quicker. Not really Okay, so much for that idea, all right, But anyway, it looks like he's not all that when it comes to the cards, and not all that when it comes to all of the fouls. It looks like he calls about twenty four fouls a match, and it looks like, so let's get into the referee section. I don't want to click there. I'm going to close it, and so once again I apologize for twenty twenty four. I don't want twenty twenty four. I want twenty twenty five. So twenty twenty five, all right, So Philip Douyitch, referees, etc. So hang on, So referees stats, top goal scorer, So match is called U. Lorenzo Hernandez is called twelve.
Speaker 1: He has.
Speaker 5: It can't be yeah, So fifty seven yellows in twelve matches, So that puts him in I wish we had a better layout of all of this, but fifty seven kind of puts him in the middle. He called six matches last year, had thirty two yellow cards, twelve matches this season fifty seven. So that's that's where we are with Lorenzo Hernandez as a referee. So twenty four ish fouls and he pulls about four yellows in that grouping. So that's Lorenzo Hernandez quick stats for us that really weren't all that quick because I was trying to find him and I didn't. So that is that's what we're looking at with Morning Dell and Charleston and Louden. Yes, definitely looking forward to that one this weekend in USL Championship. Next week at some point our buddy a Keayler Hodges will be joining us and we'll find out what's going on with him. So MLS, let's see who's calling what and see if the announced teams have been announced. I thought they had because I thought I saw them and it was a layout of who's calling what. We know that Tony and Ross are calling their match, So emiless communications. Let me go here, and I apologize for not having this up faster considering that we had all the guests that we had, And once again, thanks to thanks to Casey D and thanks to Ross Smith for joining us in our number two and thanks to all of you guys for hanging out with us.
Speaker 1: Here as well.
Speaker 5: So okay, so it's not an MLS communication all right, So I guess we don't have the announced teams set up yet anyway. Okay, thanks for all of the rambling this morning. Thanks to Michael Parkers, Thanks to Ross Smith on his way to national practice. Thanks to Casey White as she gets ready for her college matches this weekend.
Speaker 1: And it will be.
Speaker 5: Fun to catch up with all of you at Mercedes Benz Stadium on the weekend. I'm trying to think of there's anything else that we missed before we get out of here. We talked about MLS, We've got all the juice boxes out there, got our cruise set, got to the quick quotes from Chris Henderson, and we're looking forward to the weekend there.
Speaker 1: I think I think we got to cover.
Speaker 5: If there's anything I missed, obviously, just reach out and catch up with again on Monday. On Monday, we'll catch up with what happened with Atlanta and Toronto and the unified teams and all of that stuff, and OCB and Atlanta United two as well. We'll catch up with all that stuff that's there and we'll let you know all about it on Monday morning at nine oh five. This next week will be the last week that we do the Thursday and Friday from the hotels. It'll be from the same hotel in the Middle Georgia, and we'll be doing that one final time because we're trying to get all of these elements shot for high school football before we get out of here, so before the season starts and we have games for real where I can't do anything on a Friday. So today we're here in Millersville, going to GMC, prep for the game tonight, heading home, then prepping for at Landy United too and OCB, then prepping for it Landy United in Toronto.
Speaker 1: Then next week.
Speaker 5: It'll be in Hawkinsville, but I'll be staying in Perry so you'll see like avid hotel stuff behind me. So it'll be in Perry and in Hawkinsville on Thursday, north Side in Morner Robbins on Friday. So that's where we'll be next week. If you're watching high school football tonight's enjoy your favorite team. If your favorite team isn't playing, go find a game and enjoy it elsewhere. Also on the web, GPP's got to Jackson and Mary Persons with Cody Chaffins on the call as well. That's gonna be a fun one. So thanks to all of you guys for yet another week. Had some ups and downs for sure, and we'll continue to do our best to let all the news be what the news is each and every day here on SDHAM. For everybody here at SDH, for Jason, for Jarrett, for Maddie, for Sophia, for Nick, for me, and for everybody here. To all of you, I'm just John, thanks for hanging out for another go round of SDHAM once again, ninety two nine.
Speaker 1: In the Game the.
Speaker 5: Odyssey app the Off the Woodwork podcast section, we'll have the best of the week that'll be up tomorrow late morning, and that'll be we'll be catching up with the interview that we had with Nino Torres. We'll have Ross Smith on there, and we'll also have the interview that we had with Jason Stevens as we start our conversations about multi club ownership models and how that is impacting the world's soccer game. So that is I think everything, and we're good to go. Thanks to all of you guys, as always, we could not do this without you, and we will be back again Monday morning, nine oh five. Plus all the stuff that we do on social throughout the weekend, and it's going to be a blast.
Speaker 1: Hanging out with each and every one of you.
Speaker 5: So for everybody here at SDH, plate safe, everybody, much of Platl. Since it is the end of the week, means I get to do this.
Speaker 4: The U into our.
Speaker 1: Fingers, questions and bas.
Speaker 8: Body like a cattle prod out in the warehouse. The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping. Our frail bodies were strapped to the chairs, and our chairs were chained to the desks. Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our slave drivers, little bitty balls we've judged high their breakftress the streets, our horsby guys hats. Friday, Fridayday, Fay Day,