Speaker 1: Starting.
Speaker 2: You wanted to do the show early today because you've got like a turkey trot or some shit you have to do, and turkey is not.
Speaker 1: A turkey trot. The west Gate gives out Actually have mine?
Speaker 2: Are you not running a five K? No?
Speaker 1: The Westgate gives the employees a free turkey, so for for Thanksgiving obviously, Actually this was for Ed Salmon's.
Speaker 3: Ed doesn't need one, he's rich. I'll throw this in the trash.
Speaker 1: But they give the employees a free turkey, so we help them, We pass them out. So Mindy and myself will be out there I think from like two to four thirty today passing out turkeys. I'm not really gonna throw Ed's in the trash. I'm gonna give it to somebody else. Ed doesn't mean but uh, Kelly, so gracious move the showtime up to accommodate us, even with your busy schedule you run you run hand last night.
Speaker 3: Tell us a little bit about that, please.
Speaker 2: Well that's the other reason why I was able to accommodate, because Clay is in Italy, so he had to move some other things. So I was like, oh, yeah, sure, John, where I can move this for you? And then it kind of all of a sudden. I got a call yesterday and they're like, hey, we want you to appear on Handity, probably because nobody else was available, And I said, cool, what are we talking about? And of course I'm just now a full on right wing influencer. I'm just gonna shove it all in.
Speaker 1: What is the pecking order if they if they want somebody's like Clay is first, and then I would imagine like Riley Games, and then what about that?
Speaker 3: What's that one?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 1: Tommy Tommy Laren's probably Tommy Larren? And then are you you're after those those three people?
Speaker 2: Like twelve other people in the mix. I was just the first one to probably say yes. I mean it was fun. Everybody that's over fifty five watches that show, so those are the people that called in text shout out to everybody. And then the screenshot of me and I, you know, they say the camera adds ten pounds and then professional hair and makeup makes you look like a Clay And I'm like, thank you for that awful screenshot, Ariel, But she was just excited. I think it's fun, It's national TV. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: You need to give me a link to that because my mother is currently sailing through New Zealand. So I'm gonna assume that she didn't see it, Okay, but I know, I know she's gonna want to see it when she showed me back in the United States on Monday. Get me a clip so I can share it with mom and maybe we'll maybe we could actually catch her in between her international travels long enough to wait.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: She's a she's a mover and shaker. Very excited. I'm really excited about having her here next week. I can't wait. But let's talk about last week. First, you said something we had a really long, like bullshit session there with Johnny Hoagland. But one of the things you said that I did find interesting. You said you really cleaned up last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. So a couple of things happened last week. So obviously I was in Aruba then flying home on Saturday college football Clay Jinks to me, he said, aren't you worried about the WiFi? I was like, no, the WiFi is always fine, get TV, no problem. Well, guests who didn't have Wi Fi on their flight southwest southwest Usually I have no issues. And so oh, thank you so much, Clay. So I made friends with this lady. She went to Mississippi State.
Speaker 3: She's was it a whole lot of second? I have to I have to stop you.
Speaker 1: Was it like a forced friendship where you forced yourself on her? Did she have a choice in this matter?
Speaker 2: So what happened? So I'm usually like high a group like right behind where you have to pay for a group like a twenty right because I only fly Southwest or Delta and that's pretty much it. So I've got pretty good a lists. I got the credit card since college, like, I got lots of points.
Speaker 3: Whatever I got, I'm the same way.
Speaker 1: I'm the same said.
Speaker 2: We were boarding, so they say in Aruba crack and I talked about this, no crack. Yeah, we talked about on our shaw on Monday. So the new thing at the Ruba airport is they have a concierge, right, and you could pay for it. Well, we tipped this cab driver early in the week. Ariel had used her prior. But I was like, hey, let me take good care of this lady because I kind of want her to like pick us up and like be there for us. And she already said hey, I'm not picking you guys up at the casino at two am, but here's a great guy that you guys can use that works late. So, like we had no issues getting cabs or taxis all week. She takes us to the airport after to.
Speaker 1: Do with forcing yourself on a flight.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling you so here. So she's like, hey, you guys have to get to the airport three hours early. And I'm like three hours. Three hours is a long time. But then when we get there, she goes, oh, there's Leo, my guy that works for the concierge. Give him fifty bucks. He'll get you guys ride in. Like just like this. We got through the Ruba airport in forty minutes. So what did we go do? We went to the wine bar. Well, my app said we were going to start boarding it one fifty, so I marked myself out there at one forty seven.
Speaker 3: You guys are I'm the same You're not in the same flight with Ariel.
Speaker 2: No, she had to see in the wine bar for like another thirty.
Speaker 3: Minutes for her. I'm sure that was a real sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I march out there, I get in line. I'm like, b They're like oh yeah, this is they already born today. I'm like, how did they are any board day? So like I run up to the front, I'm like, hey, sorry, they scan my A. I get on and of course, like the first ten rows already full. But there was an aisle seat next to this lady open, and I was like, do you mind if I sit in the aisle seat? She said go ahead, so I didn't force me.
Speaker 3: That was her first mistake.
Speaker 1: That was lazy for At what point in the flight do you think the lady was like shit, I wish I had said no to this crazy girl.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We talked a lot. I mean, I feel like she definitely watches Handedy, so maybe she's like, oh hey, I said next to that chicken on the flight. I don't know, but she was funny and we talked a lot about college football. But I didn't get my Westgate Super Contest picks in because I had no WiFi, so Bratt had to do it. Oh ok, good, which worked out really well because I would have went one and four and Brett went three and two.
Speaker 1: So that was the first one the Westgate You're talking about the Super Contest, not the college.
Speaker 2: Correct, because I did the college the day before the college on Friday, so before we went on the boat Friday, I made sure I had all my plays in so that was easy, but I was I didn't really love the NFL card. I was kind of just like, I'll do it Saturday morning, or I'll do it at the airport. You got plenty of time. I got an alarm on my phone, but then there's it goes my alarm and I'm like, cool, I have no WiFi. Luckily they called Brett. Brett uh gave them five and I was like, I hate these plays. This is the kind of the way you think. I picked NFL and went three and two.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you say Why didn't you say, hey, thanks for bailing me out, Brett? I did? Why No, you didn't you said I hate this place. Why didn't you say, hey, Brett, thanks, I'm out of the country for the millions of time. I'm not being responsible. Thanks for taking care of me. Why did you say that I did?
Speaker 2: I said it on the internet. He did a good job. It sucks because it was very close to four and one, but the commanders suck and the raiders had absolutely choice. But we'll get into that in a minute.
Speaker 3: Who the commanders play? Oh the dog they should they should have won that.
Speaker 2: They had so many opportunities they should have won.
Speaker 3: That came, but go ahead, God.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So I have no Wi Fi on the flight. Then I got to drive two and a half hours from Orlando home because I flew out of Orlando because it was a direct flight. So I get home, I'm exhausted. Sunday morning, I get your list of needs. Now, mind you, earlier in the week, I just put in a ton of teasers. I didn't play anything else other than the Panthers plus four. That was it. So I wake up and I get all your needs and I'm like, I don't love any of this. I'm not playing anything. I'm just gonna let my teasers role. And every single one of my teasers won, and I think that's really good.
Speaker 1: Did you have did you have Lions teasers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh that was lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was because Dan Campbell tried to absolutely fuck me over multiple times on those. But I also called you, if you remember, and I said, hey, John Murray, and you said, well, yeah, of course we need the Eagles because Ed Salmon's works here. And so I late I found the cheapest money line. I laid one forty on Eagle, so I middled the game.
Speaker 1: If you will, maybe I will give Ed his turkey because he did.
Speaker 3: I think we did okay in that game.
Speaker 1: But he's such a shameless homer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like I work with Jeff Sherman, and Jeff is a huge Lakers fan, but he's not like he doesn't just like force us to need the Lakers in every game and every future the way Ed does, Like we're all just forced to be these Philadelphia sports teams fans.
Speaker 3: I guess it did work.
Speaker 1: Out in February when the Eagles won the Super Bowl, so I probably shouldn't be complaining, but it is, it is what it is. We had a we had a we had a pretty good Saturday. We did really well in college football. We didn't do well on the UFC. The UFC heard us. We lost a lot on the main event of the UFC. Everybody was on that favorite he rolled in that fight. Sunday was a weird day.
Speaker 3: It was one of those days.
Speaker 1: It's hard to explain to finance because I tell them who we need in every game.
Speaker 3: And we we won.
Speaker 2: I send it.
Speaker 1: Send an email out to CAMMI to the to the the hierarchy. Here the finance people, here's a lot of them are football fans. Like our CFO is a big Bills fans. A lot of she she's a female, but a lot of them are. A lot of them are Okay, a lot of them are football fans. So they want to know then they want to know who they're rooting for. It's a it's tough to just it's tough to explain when you win more games than you lose, but you still kind of have like a nothing day. And the reason was we lost every big game. Buffalo, yeah, and we lost every tea. Buffalo blows out Tampa Bay in the morning. That was terrible for us. Baltimore comes back. Everybody's live betting and second half betting. Baltimore Baker back and when we did really poorly because Green Bay won by exactly seven against the Giants, which I thought was bad luck for us. So it wasn't a bad day necessarily. The Monday night game was no.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah, money on the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You know, I ended up.
Speaker 1: I was over. I was very lucky. On Monday night. I got to go to the game in the Westgates suite. I got to sit with Cammy. She's asking me what do we need? I go, well, we don't want Dallas in the over.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it goes Dallas and the over.
Speaker 1: So that was not a good game, honestly, eighty percent Cowboy fans there, I said told me, I mean, I don't know if it was just because they were cheering, like the Raiders fans had nothing to cheer for.
Speaker 3: Is that maybe it just.
Speaker 1: Seemed like there were more It just felt like it was all people rooting for Dallas.
Speaker 2: So the thing, who who are Raiders fans? Or is anybody that you know that lives in Las Vegas likes right?
Speaker 1: So like I had, I have a bunch of friends that live in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: And a Raider fans they're actually Raiders fans or.
Speaker 1: They've no they've been Raider fans their whole life. I got like a handful of friends like that.
Speaker 2: I know like two people that are Yeah. I know a ton of Cheese fans. I know a ton of Broncos you're from Yeah, But I'm just mean they're in the same division. I know quite a few charge I know more. I know more Chargers fans than I do Raiders fans like actual Raiders fans.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the Raiders. How do I say this nicely?
Speaker 1: Uh? They they need to get serious. They as an organization, they need to get serious. They're you know, they're they're hiring retread coaches and they're they're letting their those coaches bring in retread quarterbacks. They've got high draft picks that they're using on a running back. You can't use a high draft pick on a running back when you have needs all over the field. I mean even like even Brock Bauers, who's awesome. He's a great tight end, But the Raiders have much bigger needs than tight end. They've got much bigger needs than running back. They need to get serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're not gonna win games with look at.
Speaker 1: A look at an organization. New England they got serious. They drafted a quarterback, they hired the head coach, they hired a professional head coach, and then they used their's.
Speaker 2: Got a Super Bowl or two, doesn't he?
Speaker 1: But he's like seventy five years old. Can you say that? I don't know if you can say that. But and then and then what did New England do? What did New England do? In the draft, they drafted an offensive tackle to protect that quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's what they did. That's being serious Central Michigan. Not he doesn't play for them anymore, but that's exactly what they did the year after they drafted Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what you should do, I think. And I'm not going to pretend like I could run an NFL team because I'm too stupid to do that.
Speaker 3: But I know that I know.
Speaker 2: I mean some of these guys.
Speaker 1: I know that Gino Smith went to WVU.
Speaker 3: I'm a Gino Smith guy.
Speaker 1: But giving a thirty five year old guy who's been like a career fringe starter, fringe backup a three year contract and then drafting a running back when you've got all kinds of holes on the offense of line.
Speaker 2: It's just they gotta get good defense.
Speaker 1: They gotta get serious, they gotta get serious. They're they're tackling on Monday Night. Was terrible, and it's a shame because I think I I would like to see the Raiders be good because I think it'd be good for the city because right now I feel like it's all just people from the other team going to Allegiance.
Speaker 2: That's la right, that's when you go to Chargers games, When you.
Speaker 1: Go to Raims, are Rams games like that?
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I've never been a Rams game.
Speaker 2: The last Rams game I went to is like that. The last Chargers game I went to was like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I know the Chargers are definitely like that. I don't know about the Rams. I did.
Speaker 2: A Rams game I went to was actually at the soccer stadium. I wasn't even not so fine now that I think about it.
Speaker 1: I did an interview yesterday with Sam Panning out of it. You guys might know him at SB shoot on X used to be Twitter, and we we did a top ten NFL teams and it's really it's it's kind of it's actually a very interesting conversation because the like number one through ten are separated by like nothing. It's just so number one. We settled on the Rams being number one. But if you look at the Rams, they were a three to three and a half point favorite at home against Seattle on Sunday and they won the game by two. You know that that's really not.
Speaker 2: I think that fourth quarter kind of got away from them. I mean, okay, been very happy, how about that.
Speaker 3: I'm still saying that's what happened.
Speaker 1: You know, the Rams, there's not a lot If you said the best teams in the NFL are probably like in some order, the Rams, the Eagles, the Bills.
Speaker 3: I think Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I have Baltimore higher than some of the guys had. I think on this list that we gave to Sam, we had Kansas City. I don't remember, but they were like in the middle of that top ten, like fifth or sixth. I think they're I think they're in there. Kansas City still plays to that high number. They were a three and a half four point favorite at Denver on Sunday, even though they're the only successful offense. A play they ran was close your eyes, throw the ball down the field, hope to get a passer.
Speaker 2: Chiefs stands are gonna get more mad at me for that, but even they know that's what it's true.
Speaker 3: That's all they did on Sunday.
Speaker 1: And but I still would have to say, look at this week. They opened up like a four four and a half, they're like a four point favorite. Now they're three and a half point favorite against Indianapolis. Indianapolis is one of the best teams in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Did you hear your friends on ESPN say that the Colts should have opened as a favorite.
Speaker 3: That was who said that.
Speaker 1: My friends on you? I don't know if I have heard listen. I don't really watch I don't watch the I.
Speaker 2: Don't watch it even either, But people send me the clip that got sent to me, and I'm like, who employs these people? They know nothing about sports gambling. No, the chief should not be underdogs at home in Arrowhead. Yeah, I get very high on the Colts this year. They've already casted our season win total. I'm on the Chiefs on Sunday. It's my best that I gave it on wager Talk. But what the reality is. I've been betting against the Chiefs all season long. I took their under eleven applins. I took them not to make the playoffs. I'm not high on the Chiefs, but you are out of your mind to think that the Colts should be a favorite in Arrowhead.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Colts should not be favored in araw I think people need to understand too.
Speaker 2: They think they're gonna be the biggest score dog of the week.
Speaker 3: Just one result doesn't prove who should have been favored or who shouldn't have been favored.
Speaker 2: True to the thing though.
Speaker 1: That's that's what people to understand is like, look at Denver. Denver beat Kansas City on Sunday, they were like a three and a half four point dog. If Kansas City and Denver played again this Sunday, Kansas City would be favored again. If Indianapolis beats the Chiefs on this coming Sunday and they played again the week after, Kansas City would be favored again. So I think people sometimes they get too tied into one.
Speaker 2: Patriots fans got really mad at me because I said that I thought that they were just a little there. They just see, I just need them to hamper their expectations just a little bit. They haven't really played anybody. And I said that the Bears, the Bears were the biggest overachievers, which they call frauds. Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait hold on, stop stop, Broncos are number two.
Speaker 3: Stop it right now.
Speaker 1: What we have two producers on our show, Johnny Hoagland and Louis Deofrio. And what are their what are their teams? Johnny's a Bears fan, Louise a Patriots fan. That's why you're negatives. You're a hater and.
Speaker 2: They're all three frauds.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. I think New England's.
Speaker 2: Super book helmet.
Speaker 1: I think New England won. New England won a game in Buffalo on a Sunday night. I was impressed when they.
Speaker 2: I think they won great win. They won at Tampa Bay. That was a great win.
Speaker 1: So what do you want from them?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, but every game this team is going to maybe win a player and that is better.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good season. That's a pretty good season.
Speaker 2: But stop with this like insanity that you're gonna win the Super Bowl. Like, stop it. Well, I think the fans are realistic and understand they're not gonna win the goddamn Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I think that the AFC is a lot more open than the NFC. I think the NFC has got some really good teams at the top of it. The AFC. I don't really know how good Buffalo is, you know. I they have Josh Allen and you know, I've said for years I think he's the best player in the league.
Speaker 2: I do think that, but maybe they've gotten a little past.
Speaker 1: I think they've got a lot of problems on defense. I don't trust their coach. I don't trust McDermott. McDermott has consistently messed up big situations in playoff games for years. I don't think they have some array of weapons on their team. I think Baltimore is a much better team than Buffalo. I don't know if Baltimore's got to get everybody healthy, if that's even possible, But I think I think Baltimore's better than the Buffalo is.
Speaker 3: But could New England?
Speaker 1: Could New England or Denver get the number one seed and parlay that into a couple of home playoff wins and get to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Yes, they could?
Speaker 1: Why not? I mean, why couldn't Why couldn't they win at home against these other teams?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think there's that much separating these teams.
Speaker 1: Although when we did the top ten, me and Sam I can tell you they were they were number ten and Denver was.
Speaker 3: Not in it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't put Chicago in it.
Speaker 1: Chicago was not considered. All right, Come on, Chicago, I like, I like.
Speaker 2: You're over, You're saying I'm the hater, But then you're you.
Speaker 3: You know why I think you're hater because look at the enjoyment you get out of it.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of enjoyment out of stick twisted the knife you're.
Speaker 3: Kicking, you're twisting the knife.
Speaker 1: You got these two nice young men that produce our show and love to give them shit.
Speaker 2: One of them just logged on and we're twenty minutes into the show.
Speaker 1: Is that right, Louis? Yeah, we were supposed to start like fifty minutes ago. What's the matter with this kid? Shit?
Speaker 3: We should find this kid.
Speaker 2: I've tried, and you won't let me.
Speaker 3: I won't. I love him, I can't. I can't let you do it. I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm not inviting him out for March Madness.
Speaker 1: I'll invite him out. I'll get him a hotel room.
Speaker 3: You why don't we go?
Speaker 2: Maybe you should give him the clubhouse. Since I can't get you to commit to giving me the clubhouse.
Speaker 1: I give it you for Saturday of March Madness. Let's talk about the college place. I think this is a really weak college football car and honestly, like am.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I started picking like some longer shot dogs because the dogs in the touchdown range are just not that desirable, Like USC, I don't want to look at I'm not gonna be able to make a case for USC. I'm hearing Lincoln Riley's trying to go to Baylor. Why on earth would he take the Baylor job?
Speaker 3: What? Baylor?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What the internet is saying? Sometimes you hears like like the way Lane Kiffin is going to baton Rouge now on that online lane Kiffin minus two dollars to go to l SU?
Speaker 1: What is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I'm like, why would he take the LSU job? What is he doing? Uh?
Speaker 3: Isn't the answer money?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yes, I would think.
Speaker 2: That's probably the answer is money. But who has more money? LSU or Florida? They all got money. I'm sure Ole miss has money.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it all. They all have money. The question is who's gonna support the team? Like I like, I could argue right now that one of the best jobs in college football and probably college basketball is Texas Tech. Because that guy, that billionaire kid, he spends all of his money, not all of his money, he's worth like four billion dollars, but he spends a lot of his money on the sports programs there. And now, all of a sudden, Texas Tech is really good in football. And basketball weird.
Speaker 3: So I would.
Speaker 1: Say that Texas Tech is a great job.
Speaker 3: I've never been to love it.
Speaker 2: How long is he going to spend that money without seeing national championships?
Speaker 1: He from what I've read about it, he's worth like four billion dollars and this is what he wants to do with his time and money is make those programs great. So probably a lot of runway now.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just thing like I feel like Ole miss Lane Kiffen can win eight to eleven games, make the college football playoffs every couple of years, they could probably care less if he wins an SEC championship. It's a lot cushier of a job where I think you've got three years maximum at Florida or LSU before if you're not playing for a national championship, those people are going to riot.
Speaker 1: And I think if you look at just look at what Penn State did firing James Franklin, I wouldn't want to go to Penn State, no shit, you know.
Speaker 2: Franklin said. And I forget this because people love to make fun of Manhattan, Kansas being a less desirable location.
Speaker 3: What we why did you go? Like? Why did you go like this why'd you do the airport because we at.
Speaker 2: Least because guess what, I didn't know State College didn't have a fucking airport.
Speaker 1: I just think that I I think I read that he had. I forget the numbers, but he had some really high number of nine win seasons. He'd played in six of the New Year's six bowl games, he won one Big Ten title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he couldn't He couldn't beat top twenty five teams, just like Steve Sarkiz and can't beat top ten teams.
Speaker 1: But what but where do you I mean, I'm not saying that he I'm not saying that he's like the greatest coach ever. I'm just saying, if your Penn State, what what is the level that you expect to be at?
Speaker 3: You were?
Speaker 1: You were in the national semi final last year. That game came down into the last possession, and I don't think they did him many favors. You know, they're they're playing in this Big Ten now. So they have this super emotional game against Oregon, which they lose in overtime. Then the next week they've got to fly to la to play UCLA and then they was that game somehow, which is ridiculous, and then they got to fly back across the country because the Big Ten somehow involves the Los Angeles team, multiple Los Angeles teams. I don't I don't even know why I care, because I can hear less about James Franklin.
Speaker 3: But you're forcing me to defend.
Speaker 2: Because I remember when we bought it, brought in West Virginia the first team into the Big twelve, when I think it was like A and M and Miszoo left for the SEC and everybody's like, oh my god, the travel. We can't drive to Morgantown, and it was it was kind of annoying that we had to fly to Pittsburgh. It's not an easy place to fly from Manhattan, Kansas to Pittsford. You got to go to Manhattan to Chicago, Manhattan, Dallas. It's not easy. Now granted the football team flies direct, but it is weird because that's only like a two and a half hour flight going from State College where you got to drive to Harrisburg to fly to Los Angeles to then go to you know, the coliseum. It's not an easy travel. It's five or six hours, seven hours with the travel versus.
Speaker 3: Four I don't know why I'm defending James Franklin. I could carry, but I do.
Speaker 1: I think that you consider the year that they had last season, they were in the Big Ten championship game, they won a College football playoff game, they made it to the national semifinal. Obviously, this season was incredibly disappointing. But doesn't he have any good will built up in Penn State?
Speaker 2: Should not? I got I got a donor mat at me who was texting me. He's like, hey, I'm at this donor event, and I said, well, I think Chris Climent is probably going to retire at the end of this year. Jean Taylor, our athletic director, might retire at the end of this year. We'll see I go. It's been a really exhausting year as a Case eight fan, between the basketball team sucking now, the football team suckst.
Speaker 3: Twentieth, November twentieth, the basketball.
Speaker 2: Last years the right last year. Last year, the basketball did not. They didn't make the postseason. It just was not good. Like I can see where it's just like you get all this money, you spend all this money on nil, and it's not good enough. Right. This is the new era of college sports, so we were just kind of chatting, and he was like throwing out these athletic directors that are unproven head coaches, and I go, I would take James Franklin over every single one of them. And he goes, are you out of your mind? And I'm like, what, what? How? How would you not take? And then of course he went to Virginia Tech. But well, I think it was a I don't understand it, and I'm not some James Franklin fan by any.
Speaker 1: Neither, but I think it was a great hire for Virginia Tech. He my brother went to Virginia. My brother went to Virginia Tech. He says that James Franklin has been beating Virginia Tech to every recruit in that area of the country for the last what ten tennis years. It's a great hire for Virginia because there's.
Speaker 2: Just levels of awesome college environment.
Speaker 1: Well, there's levels to how big your program is. For Virginia Tech to land James Franklin, that's a coup. If LSU hired James Franklin, maybe they'd be disappointed.
Speaker 3: There's just different levels to the program.
Speaker 2: The same thing is when they hired Brian Kelly. Everybody's like what what are you doing? Nobody?
Speaker 1: Apparently, I guess nobody likes Brian Kelly. I guess nobody likes Brian Kelly, do you.
Speaker 2: Let's let's I guess, well, I don't understand what is likable about him.
Speaker 1: On the topic of Brian Kelly before I run through these sharp plays, I know that's what everybody wants, but I have to ask again, why is it controversial and why are people crying about it on social media? Other than the fact that people are just basically cry babies, Why is it controversial that a ten and two Notre Dame team would be a lock to make the playoff?
Speaker 3: How is that even debatable?
Speaker 2: Because they're pissed off that you there, they're resumeated Miami's and Miami won. Okay, they're pissed off that Notre Dame gets in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, I guess that makes.
Speaker 2: You don't play anybody beating Boston College Like, at least, I'll say this, at least the BCS rankings at a mathematical equation to them. Now, it's like the coaches and the AP and I just don't think in the college Football committee, like we've a Heisman, people just throw numbers out there. We saw that one get crushed because she basically admitted that she doesn't watch the games, so like she put some team over another team and everything. I remember that rated her. That's because you're a fucking ding bat, like, well, okay, but sport, you deserve to have a vote.
Speaker 1: I've heard I've heard this argument be made. Argument be made by gambling people for a long time. They say, oh, it should just be set by the people to make the odds.
Speaker 3: They know who the best teams are.
Speaker 2: Well, because you losers were just put in all the SEC teams and say, well, they.
Speaker 1: Don't play each other SEC. I'm talking about Notre Dame. If you don't think Notre Dame, you don't think Notre Dame. If you don't think Notre Dame is one of the twelve highest power rated teams in the country.
Speaker 3: Are you joking?
Speaker 2: They are? Now?
Speaker 3: What else matters besides now?
Speaker 2: Well they they weren't after they lost to Miami.
Speaker 1: When they were favored at Miami in Week one, they were favored in that game. When they were a six and a half point favorite at home against ten C and m They have been in the top twelve power ratings all year long, all season to even have a conversation.
Speaker 3: About them not being your top twelve.
Speaker 1: I don't know what off the top of my head, Kelly, but Notre Dames, Notre Dame is obviously in the top twelve. Are you absolutely arguing Are you arguing that Notre Dame is not in the top twelve? Are you saying and what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, what are we talking about? All that they you still have to win the games on the field, regardless of what your power ratings are.
Speaker 1: And I heard this, but I heard this about I heard this song and dance about them last year and then they beat Indiana, Georgia and Penn State in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: They did? They not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what is the argument?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you what people, because what college football viewers and what you're seeing on the internet is they want to say Team X beat Team B. You just said it in the NFL segment, right, The Chiefs would still be favored over Tender if they played it in this Sunday in Denver. Notre Dame would still be favored over Miami in Miami if they played again on Saturday. That doesn't mean they're going to win the game.
Speaker 3: They would be, they would be more of a favorite.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: They're playing to a much higher.
Speaker 2: Number now, And I think the reality is people don't live that way. They say Week one, team A beat Team B. It's not fair. That's how they live.
Speaker 1: So life isn't fair. Me.
Speaker 2: I'm not arguing with you.
Speaker 3: I'm life isn't fair.
Speaker 2: I I I think it's an emergency. Chris Thurston is blowing me up right now. I wonder if LSU.
Speaker 1: Every year there every year there's some really bad arguments about who shouldn't be in the college football playoff, who shouldn't get into the NCAA tournament. Hey, Chris, I think arguing that Notre Dame shouldn't be in the playoff if they finished ten and two with their power rating is one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. For like, that just is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't be. And you ask me why people were crying on the internet, that.
Speaker 3: Is a bad question by me. I'll take the blame for that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's everyone, Kelly, Why do that's true?
Speaker 3: You're right, and that's a bad question.
Speaker 2: Listen, And I understand from a fan perspective, people that don't work with power ratings, people that aren't using spreads, people that aren't using advance metrics, if you will, that they are using their eyeballs and say teammates team better than team B because ABC equals X, like whatever reason that they have formulated in their brain. Right, That's like saying Florida State is better than Alabama, which we all know is not. Of course, because Alabama loss is a two touchdown favorite in Tallahassee.
Speaker 1: It does not me loss looks worse and worse by the way, worse and worse.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, but look how much better Alabama's gone. I don't think Alabama is a top twelve team by any means.
Speaker 1: They'd be, they'd be, they'd certainly be one of the twelve fivest Power rated teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think they are. I don't think that they deserve to get in.
Speaker 1: I'm not I don't know about that. I don't have to look through their schedules. I'm just saying they did win at Georgia. That's a pretty good win. Georgia, I think, is the team right now that is most on the uptick. They got a lot of athletes on offense this year. It's kind of a it's kind of a reverse Georgia team where the early Kirby Smart years they had that great defense and all those guys that went to the NFL. Now it's like they've it's like they've flipped it over to where they've got all these athletes on offense. They they're they're pretty tough, you know, they're I think it's I think people forget that when Notre Dame and Georgia played in the in the quarter final last year, Notre Dame actually went off favorite in that game. I'm pretty sure that that would not be the case this season. You know, Georgia looks pretty good. I got some sharp plays Friday night here at Allegiant I saw some money on UNLV minus three against Hawaii. Hawaii's had a phenomenal season. In the Big Twelve, they bet Oklahoma State plus fourteen and a half and fourteen they're at such a Florida. They bet Nebraska trus nine at Penn State in Lovely Happy Valley. They took Oregon minus nine and a half. They bet Oregon up to ten. Oregon is at home against USC in a game Am I wrong? Here? The winner will make the playoff, Like, if USC won that game, would they be getting into the playoff? Oregon certainly would be. That's interesting, and then Wisconsin plus nine and a half they play Illinois. Wisconsin, I think, from my understanding, is like the poster child of the downside of the nil era because they were such a great program for such a long time. But from what I've heard, they're not willing to spend the money the way a Texas Tech does and that's why they are in the situation that they're in. It's really weird to see Wisconsin so down in football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand how Luke Fickle just got renewed, but I think, really, you're not going to get better.
Speaker 1: I think it's because of that. I think it's because they've recognized that. It's just it's unwinnable when you're not spending all this money. What are you supposed to do? That's the reality. But that's the reality of Carson money.
Speaker 3: But are they willing to spend it?
Speaker 2: That's not.
Speaker 3: What's your best bet?
Speaker 2: It's Oklahoma State?
Speaker 1: Oh good, Okay, what's the chuckle Rumham play?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, I guess technically the chuckle Rumham play. I did it backwards on bet on it. I actually like Oklahoma State more than I like Maryland, but I like Maryland to possibly spring the upset over Michigan. Michigan's got Ohio State on deck. And then I like Kentucky. I think Vanderbilt's kind of seen some serious regression. Nine and a half's a lot for a really good defense, and the road team just keeps winning in that series. So have to sprinkle a little bit on the Kentucky money line. But my parlay is not going to hit because you won't boost it to the correct odds.
Speaker 1: So good call by you. First of all, I don't care about that. I have my I have my team, my guy Jacob Palermo too.
Speaker 2: You can say, Jake, make it one hundred and twenty five to one. Kelly already tweeted it.
Speaker 3: Why'd you already tweet it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Because here's how I do it. I give out a couple of legs on bet on it. Then I put the parlay together. I live in Florida. I have one app, one app that I get a bet through here legally, right, so you're looking at another sports, okay, and it connects to my picket sports. Then I post it on picket, So if you want to go see it early, then my parlay video comes out on Friday. But every Wednesday night or early Thursday morning, I text you, I go off better than the odds at hard Rock because your odds are always better than the odds at hard Rock, and one hundred and twenty three to one. So I just said, John Murray, can you give me one hundred and twenty five to one? I tweeted it because you've never said no in the last two seasons, and now you say, Kelly, it's one hundred and ten to one here, and I'm like, son of a.
Speaker 1: Bitch, it's one hundred and five to one here. I'll talk to j I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe just give everybody one hundred and twenty five to one.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what the three teams are, be.
Speaker 2: Honest, I just sold you Kentucky, Oklahoma, State, and Maryland.
Speaker 3: I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna hit. Just give people one hundred and twenty five to one.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to Jake. It's up to Jake.
Speaker 2: He does zero percent chance of the city Jake.
Speaker 1: Jake replaced. We used to have this kid that worked here. I think his name was Andrew something or other. He used to do it for me. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: And Andrew is the best, because that's why I never got any pushback. Who the fuck is this, Jake kid? Where's this pushback?
Speaker 3: He's smart, Jake wing a job.
Speaker 1: He's smart.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna win. Just make one hundred and twenty five to one.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to Jake, but this is really his call. This is out of my hands. Oh sure, uh NFL. Isn't it nice that the Europe Games are over? We lost every Europe game. I came, why are we doing this? I hated every one of them?
Speaker 2: And now college football is going to Brazil.
Speaker 1: We talked about it, I think earlier on this show, how we won more games than we lost last week, but we lost all the ones we really needed.
Speaker 3: That was one we could have used.
Speaker 1: If the Redskins could have won the game outright, which they should have, that would have been a nice win for us. On Sunday morning in Madrid, they didn't. We lost this week, they bet. I think the first thing I said, I had to come in here on Monday, and I said when I walked into the wrisk room, the first thing I said to the risk team was why are the Saints and the Falcons playing it one on Sunday afternoon? That game is dog shit exact quote.
Speaker 2: But it's every single game. I refused to tease that game. What to even make of it? Is a perfect teaser spot for the Saints. No, not doing it.
Speaker 3: They met Saints, pick them. We're now at Saints two and a half. They bet the.
Speaker 2: Raiders the Falcons, son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: They bet the Raiders minus three and minus three juiced they're at home against Cleveland. I don't know how you can bet on the Raiders, to be honest with you, but I know sure standards.
Speaker 2: Last time I bet on the Raiders is a favorite versus the Bears. Yeah that was cool.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that, but I'm sure you lost. And then they bet They bet Arizona plus three. Arizona's plus three at home against Jacksonville. Kelly said her best bet is Kansas City. I saw money on the Colts when the line was higher, you know, like look ahead numbers. They took four and a half with Indianapolis. Don't have anything else. I did see won one play that I respected on Tampa plus seven. Tampa is that that's the Sunday night game. They're in Atlanta playing the Rams. So Tampa plus seven. Nothing on the Monday night game and nothing really on Philly. Dallas pulled out that'll be the big afternoon game. Kind of a similar setup to last week with the Kancy Denver game where people are like, why is it only three and a half?
Speaker 3: Well, the answer is Dallas. Well, Philadelphia doesn't score a lot of points.
Speaker 1: You know, Philadelphia is very good, but they don't They don't score a lot of points. Dallas does score a lot of points.
Speaker 2: Dallas looked really good because they played the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Well, they were playing the Raiders. So I don't want to get too carried away there. But what about Kelly twisted my arm? I love Kelly, but she twists my arm a lot. She convinced me to do Splash Sports Survivor with my friend Joff, who's a very very well off person in the Northern Virginia area, very very wealthy.
Speaker 2: Myself. And then he was like, hey, can we enter? And I'm like, I'm in a ruba. You're gonna have to do it yourself, so Josh, and then he said he was only doing it if John Murray did it, so said that, yeah, him and Chris are our partners. And they said, we're only doing it if John Murray does well.
Speaker 1: We had, Oh, excellent, thanks guys, we had We had New England and Pittsburgh last week. That was a good pick. So we've got to pick two games every week?
Speaker 3: Is that a fact?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And what do you want to do this week? Kelly?
Speaker 2: We're going Lions and Ravens. We have to. It's too easy.
Speaker 1: But don't you think, I mean, I don't know the schedules the way you guys do. But aren't there gonna be a lot of opportunities to use the Ravens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course there is, but they're not going to any better than thirteen and a half point favorites versus the Jets.
Speaker 1: Ravens are thirteen and a half point favorite. It's a revenge game, Tyrod Taylor revenge spot in Baltimore. Lions are a ten point favorite against the New York Football Giants, who kind of let me down last week.
Speaker 2: You know, I I went, didn't they cover the seven and a half?
Speaker 1: I went three to one and one In circum millions, the line was Giants plus seven. I thought I should have gone four and one. I thought the Giants should have covered that game against Greenbacks. Okay, so we're gonna do Lions Ravens.
Speaker 2: What else do you think? I mean, I'll ask them all awesome, right now, we're going Ian's Ravens. I just don't see another.
Speaker 1: What about Seattle is a thirteen point favorite against Tennessee?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that? What?
Speaker 1: What? Uh?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Other?
Speaker 2: They are? But the Titan's gonna fuck around and win one more game?
Speaker 1: Probably maybe, although I do I think Seattle is very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they just had a hard fought game in the division. Now they got to go to Tennessee. Hold on, let me see what they got next week. Next week Seattle has no teams are on a buy. Oh next week is Thanksgiving and Seattle plays the Minnesota Vikings. So I guess it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: Oh, we wouldn't use that, although I do think. Do you think it's funny.
Speaker 1: That JJ McCarthy has closed himself nine? That's a running joke here is oh another interception by nine? You can't nickname yourself.
Speaker 2: You can't know you can't. It's really cringe.
Speaker 1: Although Kobe Bryant did, and he was such a great player that nobody cared. He called himself the Black Mamba, and he was just so good. I yeah he didn't. No, No, he got away with it because he was so good. Good for JJ McCarthy is no Kobe Bryant, I'll tell you that much. No, he's not. He's not even close. Do you want to do the mailbag segment?
Speaker 2: No, because we don't have any mail bag. Let me see back yesterday and so sent us a few questions here did he send me where?
Speaker 1: He emailed it to us at eleven twenty two am two years time?
Speaker 2: But Dexter asked me, did you get a hot flash on national television last night? What? I was very I get fired up. If you guys see when I talk, I get all fired up. I was up when I drink, so maybe I looked really red. Let's see Splash doing a profit boost tonight. Five dollars, No sweat. I did hit one of those on Sunday. That was fun. I just bet a bunch of guys that there on interception won sixty dollars off three five dollars. M Yeah, but I don't really care about any of these.
Speaker 3: You don't want to do the questions.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, I should have retweeted it. It's my fault I didn't. Okay, how about this t Spinky. He wants to know if there's a way to check the standings of the Super Book Nevada NFL Win Totals contest.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, we've gotten that question. Mine.
Speaker 3: Well, we've gotten that question a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a good question because we get it because we also you know, Ray Ray runs the contest for us.
Speaker 3: He does a very good job.
Speaker 1: But we have the NFL Season Wins Contest, we have the NBA Season Wins Contest, we have the Major League Baseball Season Wins Contest. They're all relatively popular. How do you I'm not saying this rhetorically or like I'm not not my typical smug delivery. I'm being serious. How could you have standings for that?
Speaker 2: Well, like right now you could see you say, like the on pace. Well, for example, if anybody bet the Coults season until over, they have a win. If they bet the under, they have a loss. If they bet the Patriots over, they have a win. Yeah, they bet the under, they have a loss.
Speaker 3: You do the ones that have already clinched.
Speaker 1: I mean that, I just I'm not even asking.
Speaker 2: I'm not a do it until like starting like right now when teams are starting to win, Like, but how helpful game? I catch that under?
Speaker 1: How helpful wild that information be? Like these four have been decided, but the other twenty eight are still going.
Speaker 3: What would be the purpose of that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm asking seriously, if somebody can.
Speaker 2: Explain, he will, he will, he can.
Speaker 1: If somebody can explain to me a logical way to do it, we'll look into doing it. I don't really know how to do it. I don't know how to do it. So next week, we're doing a show on Tuesday for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So i'll see you in like five days.
Speaker 1: Five days, we'll do a thanks Giving spectacular and we'll go through the NFL games and it's Kelly's birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be a very spot.
Speaker 1: I actually think I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Have a couple of glasses of wine before the show, because so I've got a couple of different things going on that day. I got people in town, and my girlfriend Sephan's like, hey, when does he get for your birthday? I'm like, I got the show, and she goes, how about we go to lunch? I'm like, oh boy to Margarita.
Speaker 1: Lunch off to Uber home, Well we can. I can move the show around for you if there's a time that's better.
Speaker 2: Because then we got dinner with Chris Thurston and his wife Amanda. There's a lot of moving parts. So I already booked lunch. I told her I'm gonna come see her for lunchtime and I'll try to keep it well.
Speaker 1: I do have a I've got a lovely date that night. Mom, we'll be at mother Wolf will probably maybe if you have time. I don't want to bother you in Brett, but maybe we'll FaceTime you happy.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I would love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I don't want to bother you, you and Brett. I hope you guys enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I'll see you on Tuesday to go through Thanksgiving