Speaker 1: The right fart.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back and with it an annual postseason tradition, scam is back.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Saxon Cakes in the a app Forward Broway Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine eighty seven, two five seven. Now while The Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts Radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sachs.
Speaker 4: It's a reaction Monday here on M five seventy LA Sports. Saxon Kates in the AM live in local talking Dodgers, the NLDS which now it's the San Diego Tiede and a game of peace. Thanks for being with us here until nine o'clock this morning eight and six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy The Dan Patrick Show you can listen to on the iHeart Radio app. Just click on AMPI seventy LA Sports Reacting What happened last night in Game two, the Dodgers losing tended to to the San Diego Padres. Things escalated in the sixth inning between Manny Machado and Jack Felarity, and then things really spiraled out of control in the seventh inning when fans started throwing things onto the field and into the Padres bullpen. The game was delayed for ten minutes as security came onto the field Dodger fans cooler heads prevailed for the remainder of the game, but it certainly not the best moment for Dodger fans last night out of Dodger Stadium. And again, not condoning what happened last night, Saxy, but certainly understand the frustration. And I'm certainly seeing it on Twitter and x right now as people, you know, not not condoning either of what happened, but certainly voicing their fresh and saying, hey, I understand what happened last night, not the throwing the stuff on the field, but certainly the reaction to fans to being upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like we said before, nobody hurt. Okay, let's stop it there, but hey, you know what the the the taunting that you get from the Padres and they can they can gin it up. I mean, you know, Profar catches the ball and you know Tatoos is out there doing it like it looks like a poled ant sometimes whatever. You know, it can gin up the fans, no question.
Speaker 4: I got a text from a buddy who said, being at the game last night, it felt like a w W E experience in the seventh inning, And I said, what do you mean? And he said, the fans in the stands, the excitement, the the building up of the frustration and then just the explosion, so to speak, from the fans and the reaction. But then he said, the player's reaction on the field, you know, the the jumping around from Tatise and Profar showing the reaction that he did escalated things on the field. And here's let's hear post game for Fernando Tatist Junior last night, one of the Padre players in which Dodgers were letting out their frustration in the seventh thing last night.
Speaker 6: Definitely while here, but at the same time as a good environment for baseball, although people get carried out away a little bit for the emotions, you know, but I mean it's a good back and forth, and you know, at the end of the day, it is the show and I wish you enjoyed every moment.
Speaker 7: How did you feel about what took place on the top of the seventh inning with the things coming on the field security.
Speaker 6: I just think, like I said, just the emotion is going through the roof. You know, Dodger fans, they were just not happy. I mean, they're losing a game, obviously, and just a lot of back and forth. And what can I say was I wish they could control a little bit more of their emotion.
Speaker 8: But at the end of the day, and I see this as part of.
Speaker 4: A game, at what point did it kind of escalate the back and forth with you and the fans out here tonight?
Speaker 6: For me, I feel like just when I went over the line when to start throwing stuff into the field, I feel like then that should not be happening on a big league game.
Speaker 8: And then the words.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, fans are coming over here to a baseball park to enjoy themselves.
Speaker 8: They can say whatever they want.
Speaker 6: I really don't know mine how I'll start shipping bag and you know, back, I'll give you a moment of you know where you can enjoy yourself, just me talking to you as a fan, and yeah, just I just see it that way and I embrace embrace it that way, all right.
Speaker 4: I want to pick up on what he said right there, Sexy, because as a player, you can go back. Can you go back and forth with fans? Is that your spot to be doing that? And especially when things escalate like they did, to continue to almost be an instigator on the field in which you know, the emotions are high, fans are not happy, they're frustrated with their team's performance, and you're continuing to make gestures and you know, probably malthy things back to fans. You're not helping the cause, certainly, But at what point is going back and forth with fans crossing the line? He said, crossing the line was when throwing things on the field started, and certainly it was from the fans side of it, but from the player's side of it, you can't be going back and forth with fans like that. You're asking for it.
Speaker 5: From a player's perspective, you're held to a little bit of a higher standard and you're not supposed to be as far as I'm concerned. You know, you can say whatever you want but you know what, if you get into it, you have a game to play. Don't you have something more important to do than be, you know, going back and forth with the fans. I mean, you've got more important things to do, and you shouldn't be doing that. And I know there's lapses in time where you can kind of, you know, say whatever you want, timeouts and whatever. But nonetheless, I think your concentration should be on the field. And look, the fans pay to come to the ballpark and get riled up and say when, yell and whatever they want. That's fine. Do not throw things on the field though. That's where you're crossing the line. That's that's the barrier right there. That's where it should be. Don't throw things on the field. Somebody's gonna get hurt. And I'll tell you one thing, nobody instigated it more than Tommy Lasorda at Candlestick Park when he used to walk out, you know, from the dugout that was in right field, and I mean from the clubhouse and under right field stands and walk across the field, you know, across the pitcher's mountain into the dugout at third base, all the while blowing kisses to the fans like three minutes before the game started, and he did it on purpose. Battery's thrown at him and he loved it. You know, he weathered the storm. But there's ways that you can get at the fans, There's no doubt about that. But you can't be throwing things. That's that's where you got to draw the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I unfortunately this is a Padres team, as you alluded to earlier, Saxy. They feed off of this. They're almost like a villain in the WWE. They love it, they want to keep doing it, they want the booze, they want the attention on them because they thrive off of it. And Manny Machado tried to diffuse the situation in the dugout with his team, which I thought showed a lot of maturity. I think it was going into the top half of the eighth innan after the long ten minute delay and you Darvish comes out, gives up a lead off walk but is able to get out of it. No damage done on the San Diego side as far as no runs on the board. He gathered his team in the dugout and from what we understand he said is, hey, we got to calm down. We can't get caught up in this emotional game with the fans and here Dodgers dandy. We got to get the final outs and we got to get out of here with this win. So I thought that was a sign of maturity for Manny Machado. But also I think there was a good job by him trying to de escalate things with his teammates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and sometimes when I tell people, you know, I like Machado, I like because I think he's a good player. I don't think he's built up all, you know about all that stuff that you know people say about him. Yeah, but you know what he's aligning Rod too. I mean, people love to go at him, you know, he's he he has that kind of a brash swag to him, and so I get it, you know, but he's willing to accept it. But I thought what he did in the dugout was good. Kind of got the team central and in and away from all that stuff on the periphery. Let's just get back to what we have to do here and then get the heck out of here and go down to San Diego and regroup again. So I thought that was a good thing that he did.
Speaker 4: With this all being said, sexually, we talk about the game of baseball and it being a slow paced game and they're trying to speed it up and needing more action and thriving more with the young generation that just got the the attention span of a gnat, you know, when everything in the in reels and quick movements on their phones. With all that being said, you know, the drawing back and forth and the the the the back and forth between the two teams, you know, it's it sort of fits this younger generation as far as what they want and for the game of baseball. I kind of say, hey, pump the brakes. I love the game of baseball and the purity of the sport and and the history of the game. But I kind of feel like we're going down a path here with all these celebrations of stop you know, like to tease stopping before third base, yeah, and stutter stepping right and you know, not to sound like the old man, get off my lawn. The bat flipping and the things that happen in baseball, which to a point, I'm okay with some of this stuff, but then we're starting to get to a point where it's maybe showboating, and now fans are taking obception to it, and now fans are frustrated, and it's just starting to escalate and escalate.
Speaker 5: Well, class never gets old. And when when you got to go to third base and do a little shuffle because you can't you can't.
Speaker 3: Just just can't stop.
Speaker 5: The self astonishment, and that gets that's a bit old. And you know, you see things like that in baseball. It's different today. I mean, you know, the the emotion and all that out of the game. You can't argue with an umpire, you can't run into anybody.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 5: I mean, so it's it's like, you know, it's it's been sterilized and so yeah, that's just the way it is today. And the game is slower, there's no question about it. I mean, you know, it's strikeout or home run. I mean, i'd love to see the fact that we're seeing seeing some of the speed element come back into baseball. People marvel at talking about Wow, he was going eighteen miles per hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more of that we need. That's that's good for the game.
Speaker 5: Stolen bases are great speed kills, and you know, if it's just all about striking out in home runs.
Speaker 3: Bah, Okay, it gets a little boring.
Speaker 4: Eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy. Let's go out to the phones. I appreciate you waiting. A lot of Dodger fans want to weigh in and react, and that's what we're here for on this Monday morning. Anthony in La go ahead, Anthony.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I love listening to you, and of course when you're on in the morning, we know it's a playoff Dodger Baseball.
Speaker 1: So it's an awesome thing to hear. Wow.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm not gonna give this loss to Roberts, but I am gonna say something about the bitching.
Speaker 11: And he's kind of done this in the past as well, and I think he.
Speaker 10: Pulls his starters out sometimes a little too early. He doesn't have that kind of gut check where it's like, you know what, I'm my guy just struck out Machado.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna leave him in there if he gets out of that inning unscathed. I think it.
Speaker 12: Really boosts up the lineup as far as like, hey, here, we're gonna stick up for a guy.
Speaker 10: We're gonna score some runs, but you.
Speaker 7: Know, pulling them out bringing somebody in in the bullpen giving up that run.
Speaker 5: I think it was a little bit of a of a letdown, you know, I don't know what do you guys think about that?
Speaker 4: Appreciate Anthony. I see it both ways, and certainly it didn't pan out making that decision because Jackson Merrill singles to left alpha Anthony Bonda and it brings in the run that gets accredited to Jack Flherty for his fourth run of the game and makes a three to one game now a four to one game. And with the way you Darvis was pitching, it kind of felt like a fourteen to one game. Yeah, at that point. So I get it the move didn't pan out. But it's a lefty versus lefty. You've got Jack Flarity who just struck out Machado. Certainly the emotions are there. He's at ninety pitches though, and now he's facing a Jackson Merrill. You know, for the third time in a game. I get the move by by Dave Roberts. The number is even if you want to like or dislike, the analytics, they'll tell you that was the right move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's backfired. There's there's you.
Speaker 5: Know, there's different components of that. And when you talk about going through the third time in the order, I understand, I get the reasoning for that, but it's not always that way as far as the numbers go. I mean, sometimes a guy's got some rhythm and he's going, he's doing really well. I I don't like to see when managers pull a guy out when he's rolling, even if they're barreling him up a little bit, but they're getting outs, you know what I mean. Momentum means a lot, and I think sometimes they pull a guy out too soon, especially you know it's he's four and two thirds innings, let's say, uh, and you know he's got a two or three run lead, and they jerk the guy out of the game because he had a left he lefty. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know that they could do at that point.
Speaker 5: But I think I would be a manager who would push to get the guy a victory. I mean, get that one under his belt. You know, the team's pulling for him. Those things like that. I you know, I'd want to help the players like that. But taking a guy out, you know, because it's a lefty lefty matchup when you got a three run lead. I've seen that happen to. We saw it happen to playoff baseball with down in Tampa where you take the picture out that's just rolling along. I think it was Blake Slays. Hell yeah, you take him out of the game, and what happens?
Speaker 3: You get?
Speaker 5: You get the reliever comes in. You know what, the other team says, The opposing team on the bench says, yes, all right, this guy's out. Now we got a new perspective. You bring some relievers in, even if they're prolific seasons they're having, it's still a change in perspective, and they wind up lighting the guy up. So you know, there you go. It doesn't always work that way.
Speaker 4: Chris in La is next up here on a FI seventy LA Sports. Chris, how you doing great?
Speaker 7: Great the morning, gentlemen. Hey, A couple of things, one about the fans and the one about the game baseball itself. You know, there's been thousands of games played at Dodger Stadium, and I don't ever know of a situation where this happened forward to this level, throwing stuff on the field like that at a player. So my thing is I look at who's involved, and the padres as the chief even admitted he says he's going back and forth. That's why it happened, because it's the PADRESM because they're out there show voting and being you know, kind of disrespectful back to the fans. And before we give Maddy Machado any any credit and kudos for gathering the team, according to Flerty, he was the one that started it by throwing a ball at the dugout. That's why Flarity was, uh testing out him.
Speaker 1: I just was.
Speaker 7: And as far as the baseball game itself, you know, as I told my wife, this is baseball, honey. You can't expect everything to happen like you want mookies Ozero for twenty two. That happens in baseball. And I think it's more of you know, sax and you were saying, you know, how's that happened. You're facing better pitching. You know, instead of facing the fourth and fifth pitcher, now you're facing the one or two. And if you're only successful thirty percent of time and now you're going against the best pitchers, that number is gonna drop. You know, look at what happened with Munsey and and and Mookie and everyone else.
Speaker 1: They get into those drouts.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, as baseball, you just have to hope that the Bets come around and we can pull one out. But you know, I just I just try to keep it in.
Speaker 10: Perspective because it's tough.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks you guys doing a breakout, all right.
Speaker 3: Chris appreciate this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think Dodger fans want to hear that, well, it's just baseball, because it feels like that it's just baseball. Is now for the third postseason affecting Mookie Bets. At what point is it not just it's just baseball?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, let's hope so And I think he brought up a great point, which we'll get into coming up. Any other team the Dodgers are face right now in the NLDS, but it's the Braves, the Mets, the Phillies, the three other three teams left. I think he's right, this isn't happening with the fans on the field. Yeah, you have to take it takes two to tango. And I think the Padres we're also part of this. Eighty six six, nine, eighty seven, two seventy. He is Steve Sacks. I'm tim k your phone calls when we continue reaction to what happened last night. This series tied one to one, going to San Diego tomorrow right here in your home with the Dodgers, A and FI seventy LA Sports, Sax and Kate's in the AM M FI seventy LA Sports here until nine o'clock this morning. Dodgers Padres tied at a game of peace in this NLD as Dodgers winning Game one on Saturday night in thrilling fashion. Last night wasn't the best of moments at Dodgers Stadium as things got away from the Dodgers late. Things got out of control late, and the series now heads to San Diego tomorrow night for Game three. He is Steve Saxy and Tim Kates. Thanks for being with us again. If you want to listen to the Dan Patrick Show, you can on the iHeart Radio app. Lost in all of what happened last night, Saxy, on and off the field is Freddy Freeman's ankle and the fact that he came out of the game in the fifth inning with the ankle discomfort. He of courses trying to play through this sprained right ankle that he suffered in the last week of the season, and he gave it a go in the first game and a half came out of the game. Last night we saw Keiky Hernandez play third and then Max Munsey move over to first base. It could be something to keep an eye on, no Freddie Freeman moving forward if he's not able to go tomorrow in Game three. It certainly changes the dynamic of this lineup with the big three with Otani betson Freeman at the top of that lineup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does big time.
Speaker 5: And especially you know when you get into starting to face Michael King, who is the you know, gonna be the starter for the Padres. You know, that guy is a real sidewinder, big right hander from the Yankees, and he throws way down low, and so you're gonna need that left handed stick in the lineup to be able to combat that. Michael King, he's really had a very good year this year, and you got to be able to be able to combat that low, right handed delivery, that low slot that he delivers it from, and left handers are well suited to handle that. So the more lefties in the line that you can have against a guy like Michael King, he gives the Dodgers a better chance. So hopefully to Freddie, you'll be ready.
Speaker 4: By the way, Michael King one of the players that Aj Preller, the GM of the Padres, got back and the Won Soto deal that they made. And you think about a deal he got. Oh, not only they got him back, they got the catcher he got. Yeah, he got him back in the trade as well, and one of the top prospects that they got as part as that multiplayer deal from the Yankees. They then flipped and got Dylan Cees from the Chicago White Sox and a deal way before the trade Dad led way back in spring training, right before the season started.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: AJ Preller, you know, making these deals and to the best of his ability, getting guys that have contributed this team. You think of it, They've got three players for Juan Soto out of that trade. When you think about the deals able to make afterwards as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know he was gonna he was gonna be gone for each of market.
Speaker 3: So what do you do? You get? You get? I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: You look at the what Michael King has has done, you know since since he came over, and and really just all in all this year that he's been with the Padres. This guy is really tough to hit. I can tell you by you know, looking him in his delivery.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, his year this year was spectacular and the Dodgers are going to have their hands full with this guy because he's got exceptional stuff. He's a really really big, kind of ominous figure on the mound and his stuff from that low slot delivery is tough to hit man, especially for right hand hitters. So that's why I'm stressing Freddy Freeman, trying to get that ankle better, Bud, and get in that line up against these guys.
Speaker 4: When he was with the Yankees, who he came up with, he was a reliever, a spot starter, an opener. They kind of didn't have a wol for him though he was very good. And when he comes to the Padres, they right away made him a part of the rotation and you know, stretched him out, became a starter and he has not looked back ever since and become one of their better pitchers in this rotation. Despite all the injuries eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy, A lot of Dodger fans went away in Saxon and That's what we're here for. Is her react to what happened in Game two last night, Scott in Rancho. Santa Margarita is next up. Thanks for being patient, Scott.
Speaker 3: How you doing good?
Speaker 9: Hey guys, Hey, I want to say I always like to watch Pete Rose Junior play against my giants you Stevie?
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 9: Anyway? Thanks the point I wanted to make about just the game of baseball in general. I think a lot of sports fans look at baseball like the game of football. Sometimes, like, for instance, a defensive end you just get his emotion up and sack the quarterback. Steve, I'd like you to maybe point to the thing about getting so emotionally aggressive in your brain when you go up to the plate. Isn't that a bad thing? And I don't think uh, the baseball players can just uh you know, get angry, get all up set for the other team scoring points scoring, and then come up and magically do well. And I just like them. It was saying, uh, Hugh Darvish, Yeah, just ended on that. There a lot of talk about him, uh pitching, pitching and pitching right, guys.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it's yeah, you darbish has had his way with the Dodgers. Uh, not only last night, but with the course the last couple of years.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and so to answer his answer, Scott's question is, yeah, you have to almost take a business approach uh to when you're coming up to bat. And I think that's what Machada was trying to get out with his team is don't don't try to get too emotional about it. The guys that can kind of keep that even keel is is the best way to go. But it's it's tough. You have to fight your emotions because that's that's what makes you you really good. It kind of gives you an edge if you've got that emotion going for you. But you got to keep a business like and not try to get too involved in the emotions because it can also be a detriment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can be emotional on the field. You can be emotional against the other team.
Speaker 3: Certainly.
Speaker 4: It's part of the game, the chirping back and forth. Sometimes you hear it and see it, sometimes you don't. It happens in baseball all the time, regular season, postseason. But when you start chirping with the fans and the fans start giving it back and again, to me, it was a perfect storm last night. Yeah, the emotions of the game. It's late in the game, and let's be honest. You know, beers have been flown for seven innings in that game, and frustration has been mounting, not only with the robbit of the home run, the frustration of not getting a big hit when the game was, you know, still close early on in the second inning, Freddie Freeman comes out of the game, you have the back and forth of Machado and Jack Flaherty. All this is building up, not to say the last two years as well, as we've talked about the frustration of the postseason ending for the Dodgers, all that in the Dodger fans minds, and then you got players on the field making gestures and you know, saying things and chirping back and forth with the the fans. Yeah, I mean, what did you think was gonna happen? I mean, certainly you don't build things on the field, but I mean, thank god nothing more happened out there last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly. I mean, that would have been a real burden that they'd have to carry with them if somebody was hurt, If you know, one of the best players on their team was hurt. Uh, then you know they'd be carrying that around and that's not a good thing. It would be overshadowing what the what the you know, the task at hand was, and that was to get back in this game three and uh and and make this thing happen for him. So they've got enough on their plate right now. They don't need anything like that. And I think what you're gonna see too when we come, if we do come back for game five, that you're gonna see a different mindset for the fans too. They understand it was wrong and it's not a good reflection on them, and it's not Look all the all the years I played at Dodger Stadium, that never happened. I never saw that happen once. So you know, maybe this is just a one off.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Leanne and Riverside is next up here on scam Sax and Kate's and am after the Dodgers and Padres are all even though one highly end.
Speaker 13: Good morning, how you didn't I just wanted to call in and say, last night, my husband and I were at the game where they're right there on that baseline area, walk in. You got people yelling, Padre suck. My husband's you know, battering back with them, saying how many rings you got? And then you know we're laughing and we get into the stadium to a good field. The crowd is just ecstatic. Everything is good. But then you have people who are doing those one offs.
Speaker 10: You suck, you suck.
Speaker 13: Okay to profer in the outfield, but you know, go take a break seeing the take me out to the ball game. We have this camaraderie going, and then falls start going on the fields. Beer cans start going on the fields. People are throwing things inside the the pitching area that where they're warming up the bullpen. Sorry, and you know, it just kind of ruins everything, you know, for everybody around us. We've been to Dodger Stadium so many times, been going for many many years, many games, and it just takes away from everything. And then you know, from then it was downhill.
Speaker 10: Right for the Dodgers.
Speaker 9: It was just it was a it.
Speaker 13: Was a bad night. It was a bad night. And you know, you could say, you know, Machado's matured and things like that, but you know, Padre is always brings some different kind of energy that brings out different attitude than the Dodger fans, right, And you know, I just want to say we could do better, LA could do better. We don't represent those people that we're doing all those things, and and we're better than that. And we're we at the game this week and San Diego too, We're going to travel down there, and you know it's probably not going to go well for us, for the fans, yeah, for the fans anyways, right, But I just think we could do better. And last night when we were listening to the radio five seventy on the way home, I don't know who's on at night.
Speaker 10: It might have been Martinez.
Speaker 13: Somebody called in and said that he was part of the crowd that was throwing things on the field, and you know, the the radio, I think it was Martinez. He hung up on him. He said, you know, there's no room for that. Don't call in ye.
Speaker 4: On post game last night. I appreciate the phone call, and be careful down there at pet Goo Park when you head down there for the rest of the series. Yeah, I heard it was postgameed uh Dodger Talk last night. Davids was doing a great job talking to fans, getting instant reaction from what happened in Game two last night, and somebody called up and said they were one of the fans that threw stuff from the right field pavilion out onto the field one of one of the baseballs, and Dave very classy, said hey, you can't be doing that, and we're not going to tolerate that kind of stuff as as Dodger fans, and and politely let him go all the air. You know, it wasn't going to condone what he did and not going to promote what he did either. But it's uh, yeah, it was an ugly scene last night. Again, somebody described it to me earlier that was there. It was like a WWE event with the villains so to speak, being the Padres kind of keeping it going and stirring the pot so to speak, and the fans crossing the line last night and the seventh inning, and we we mentioned it. I think bears repeating Saxy. You just hope this momentum isn't something that the Padres continued to feed on, because they seem like a team that just loves to be antagonized and loves this negative feeling towards them because they thrive on it.
Speaker 5: I think they like to swim in this this pool of venom that seems to be you know, this seems to be, you know, something they thrive on, especially when they play like to play the Dodgers and they're they're playing it up. They're going to get their fans. You can imagine what their fans are going to be like too. They're going to be totally into this. But I think the Dodgers can diffuse it with a couple of nice pops over the fence in the first inning, maybe you see Mookie bets to come back and wipe away all the concerns that people have about his postseason you know, downfalls if you wish. But hey, that can happen in a heartbeat. You can turn this momentum on its heel and all of a sudden, the Dodgers in the driver's seat. And no better place to do it than pet Co. That's a good place to turn the momentum.
Speaker 4: That would be fantastic. Paul and Eagle Rock is next up here on Saxon Kate and am how you doing?
Speaker 12: Paul, Hey, good morning guys. I just wanted to say, you know, like I enjoy the interaction with the players and the fans like that, you know, the drawing back and forth. It's postseason. They're just as excited as we are. And with that being said, there's fifty fans in Dodger Stadium, fifty for the next three innings, be the loudest you can be, don't throw stuff, and you know, we want the fact that all the beat la after the Atlanta series that San Diego where the team to be. That's what it comes down to. Everybody wants to make out the Dodgers and San Diego wants to be that team. They want to be that team to say, yeah, we knocked that giant down. And the bad thing is is, yeah, as fans, we get you know, into it, and we start, you know, getting letting our motions show, and the Project fans that they're gonna do the same thing in San Diego. Probably not throw stuff, but they're gonna be loud, and they're doing it because their team is backing them up and saying, yeah, chat beat La, because we're gonna go in there with that and the Dodgers fans, we're trying to get our team going, but the Dodgers aren't backing us up. So now this is the time for Betts to say, you know what, I'm gonna back these guys up, and yeah, I'm gonna get on base. Monk he's gonna hit that home run. Will Smith's gonna hit that double. Now it's time for the Dodgers to do something for us and start winning, because this is embarrassing, all right.
Speaker 4: Paul, appreciate the phone call. You know what, he said something there saxy and I just can't stop thinking about. He says he likes the back and forth and the chirping back and forth and the players and the fans.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: And I think that, to me is where the problem is. And I couldn't really put my finger on what was the exact point that was bothering me. And finally when he just said that, it hit me. The fans can say whatever they want to the athletes, to the players, and certainly there's lines crossing saying stuff and it's inappropriate things, and you can report the fans and you can tell security, hey, this isn't cool. Other fans you know, should make sure that's not happening. That's a line that can be crossed there. But I don't think. I don't think a player needs to be reacting. I don't think a basketball player, football player, a baseball player certainly who has to listen to it in the outfield doesn't need to turn around and keep it going and fuel the fire. And this isn't to condone or to say, hey, this is all on the players and the Dodger fans are not at fault. No, the Dodger fans are completely at fault for this, But the players cannot be continuing this.
Speaker 5: There's nothing to be gained by saying something. Remember, you're going to have to own whatever you say, and you're going to be able to also, you know, on both sides of it. You're going to be great by not saying anything, because then you don't have to carry it around with you. But I just wondered why somebody would want to get involved with the fans. Somebody want to be chirping all the time. The game is so hard to play. I mean, can you really do all that, divert your attention and still be a good baseball player. I don't know how people can do that. I guess some people can, but I guess I wasn't that good because I didn't want to do that thing. I want to let the bat and the athleticism do the talking for me, and you know they can take it from there.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a society we live in. Maybe it's the way you know things are nowadays, right or wrong, that it's okay to chirp back and forth as a professional athlete. I'm just think of all the history of baseball and the games that I've seen in my life and been to, and the games way before me, and I can't imagine these these outfielders, these players and you know, general yelling back at fans.
Speaker 5: You know how I look at this and I know this is going to go back a little bit, but I wanted, I wanted to say it this way. Would Willie Mays do that? Would would would Hank Aaron do it? Would would Sandy Kofax do that? No, they wouldn't do it because they didn't need to do it, and they're classy gentlemen, and you know they let their talents speak for themselves, and that's where it lies.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think back to a player who broke the color barrier in baseball and had to hear the worst of things from the.
Speaker 5: Worst of him, had to take it, yes, because branch Ricky made him not come back and say anything. And you can imagine how much Jackie wanted to say something, and he never did. He held it back until later on when when it was more accepted that you know, you give the man a chance to say something. But that was awful what he had to go through and completely take that stuff. I mean, I don't know how he did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now he got players going back and forth and what could start off as fun. You know, we can start offs and back and forth ribbon, which should never even get to that point. There shouldn't be communication back and forth between the players. No, it's one thing to yell at a guy in the yo field and say stuff. The player has to ignore. They have to be a professional and not here. If you turn around and you engage, now you started a conversation. Now you started something between you and the fan that's only gonna get worse, and it did last night.
Speaker 5: I think it's funny when people talking about, well, he's a trash talker.
Speaker 3: You know what that tells me.
Speaker 5: He's trash, he's talking trash, he's part trash man. I never thought that was a good thing, to talk trash. I mean, you really think you're not going to go in a slump. When you go in to slump, let me hear you talk to trash then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy. He has Steve Sacks, I am Tim Kates. Your phone calls coming up. We're gonna hear from Jerry Harrison Junior coming up in about fifteen minutes, get his thoughts on this team as he covers the Dodgers for Sports and at LA eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. It's Sax and Kates and Am. This series is tied up in a game of peace, as ugly as it was last night. In the stands and on the field, it's all even. It's a the best of three series now heading to San Diego tomorrow night. We'll get into that coming up a little bit later. Also here for Max Monting. Next we'll hear from Gavin Lux who certainly frustrated with this Dodger team and the way they've played, especially last night. Things have gotta change for some of these Dodgers here in October or else it's gonna be rinse and repeat for a third straight year. But the best of three series. We'll talk about it. Your phone calls. It's Sax and Kate today. I'm right here in anfi seventy LA Sports. It's a reaction Monday here on an five seventy LA Sports live in locals. Saxon Kate's in the am as a Dodgers lose Game two last night to the San Diego Padres, tended to as your final. They fell behind it early, they got away from him late, and things escalated off the field in the seventh inning between Dodger fans and Padres players. Six ninety seven two five seventy. Coming up, we'll hear from Jerry Harrison Junior coming up at eight thirty. We're gonna hear from Maxi Munsey and Gavin Lux postgame last night as well. But I want to hear from you Dodger fans as you react on this Monday. It's a twenty four hour rule. We'll get this out of our system, will cleanse together, get ready for Game three.
Speaker 3: Lens.
Speaker 4: I'm very into the infrared saunas. There's one here in Burbank where the studios are and where I live that you go in and you sweat, you know, it's a it's one hundred and fifty five, one hundred and sixty degrees, just a dry heat and you just sweat and it opens the pores and it cleanses your body and it gets rid of the bad toxins. You can use different colors, red, blue, purple, white, all the different colors that supposedly help get the bad toxins out of your body. That's what we're doing. We're we are, we are your scam infrared sauna this morning scam sana scams. That's right. We're one hundred and sixty degrees. We're baking right now, naked and just getting okay, all right, all right, all right, towel over us as we get as we get the talks out of our system.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, maybe maybe I'm not even going speed up. We got to go full on. Yeah yeah, bathing where.
Speaker 4: Absolutely all right? Ashan river Side, it's next up here on SAX and Kate to the ams Ish Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Hey, good morning you guys.
Speaker 1: Man. Glad to have you guys back on the radio.
Speaker 10: Man, it's been a long time since I last year, you know, since I got your guys show. So happy to happy to to be on with you guys. But yeah, no listen, you know, just a couple of things. You know, I feel like, you know, I did catch the Friday Show, and I feel like I'm kind of aligned with U. C. Sacks regarding, you know, some of the chirping, Like I feel like, if you're gonna do it chirp, well, you know, back it up. So you know, I'm not advocating violence, but you know, I think that you know, you definitely gotta you back it up or else, you know, kind of lose its effect. But you know, more importantly, as far as the game is concerned, just like you said a few minutes ago, Tim, Uh, you know, we're we're basically a three game series. Only problem I have with that is say, if it is a three game series, they've got home field advantage over in San Diego. But at the end of the day, I do think that we can win this series. It's gonna take the best I would say, team team ball, that the that the players have ever played, just to get past this hump. And once we do, I think our chances are looking very good. But anyways, keep up the great work, guys. Nice to talk with you. Let's let's let's go get this go Dodgers.
Speaker 4: All right, appreciate the phone call is Chris and Diamond bars next up here on a five seventy. Chris, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Good? Good morning, gentlemen, how are you doing today? Let's keep our clothes on for the phone call. It would be awesome, okay, but hey, I wanted to bring up a couple of points real quick, you guys, Kate, you're one hundred percent right. The fans shouldn't be controlling the game. We can chirp this fans. We we have that right to boo, cheer our favorite player, get upset with the strikeout and air. But I do appreciate what that thief did in the fourth inning. If you, gentlemen, remember the fans in the right field were give him a hard time about steroids, and what did he do. He turned around, blew kisses and started doing a salsa dance out there. He engaged with them in a positive way instead of making it into an enemy. He had fun with it. But Saxy said something right, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinson, even Barry Bombs when he went through this, never engaged with the fans. He just let his work, ethic and his bat do the talking. But did you guys happen to see the interview with Profar after the Dodger game. He I think initiated another problem in San Diego for us as players and for fans. He said San Diego fans would never disrespect the player and would never engage in any type of violence or fighting or say anything negative to a player. Pet Co Park's a great part, guys, but I've been there for many Dodger games, and Padre fans are right up there with Giant fans. They're very disrespectful, and our Dodger players know how to keep it in check. So I just kind of care as to why Jackson's not owning up as an athlete to say, hey, you know what, I shouldn't have engaged. I should have just let it go. But one last scene for you guys. I love Flarity's attitude. I love the fact that he's gonna have our teams back, and I love that he didn't just let the Padres trip at us. He stood up for the Dodgers and said, hey, you know what, Nanny, you want to come at us, I'm gonna come back at you, but as a pitcher, I'm gonna strike you out. And That's what I did, gentlemen. I'll listen to you guys. I appreciate you guys. Go Dodgers, and thank you for all you do.
Speaker 4: All right, Chris appreciate the phone call very well, said there. Yeah, Jack Flerity not afraid to back down to anybody, and did it with the his you know, pitching as well striking out Manny Machado certainly put the Dodgers in a hole last night. That didn't help, but the Dodgers showed a lot of fight there from Jack Flerty. Oh look who it is, our own Victor Brigg Jacobs, the LA Sports icon that he is, joins us here on Saxon Kates and the am Saxy. What a treat to have VTB Victor Bridge joining us.
Speaker 3: Hi Vic.
Speaker 11: Sax Hey, Tim Kate's an old Dodger fans.
Speaker 4: You, Vick, what'd you think about the game last night? Reaction?
Speaker 11: I'm not feeling you Doarvish? No, well he's done, Darvish owns O TWI the oh show, no hard contact. I'm gonna stick to the game right now. In my in my early emotions, you know, which are riddled with angst. Right now, of course, after the the beatdown. But I'm gonna stick with the game right now, before we get to you know, the Padres engagement, if you want to call an engagement with the fans, you know, the beautiful fifty three thousand sold out, fifty three thousand his boy had Let's say, oh, Totani's boyhood idol is dorbish, and obviously he knows how they get Otani out and that set the table in terms of the emotional m V p Uno dos tres one time?
Speaker 4: Where the rest of the team to pick him up? Where's Mooki? Where's the rest of the guys? Max Munty hits a home run late, but where's the rest of the team. Otani can't carry these guys through a series.
Speaker 11: Vic Mooki hasn't shown up in two years in the playoff game. I think the stats that really gets me crazy is he what like on one for thirty. I mean, I don't know the exact stat of his last A couple of unacceptable Mooki must step up. We'll find other condition of fred of Freddy's ankle. But when Otani gets no protection, we're not going to win the game.
Speaker 4: What about happened on the seventh inning? Vic What about the shenanigans that happened in the seventh thing real quick.
Speaker 11: It was very very sad what happened. But let's face it, Profile thinks he's you know, he's playing in a pickup game back in Kirosol. That's that's not the deal. Did Profile go too far taunting the fans after robbing Mookie's home? Yes, Jerkson, he fueled a fire of the rowdy stuff. Later the bulls thrown the Profi water bottles the twelve minute delay. The blood is boiling. Yes, I loved what Jack Flower he was doing yelling at Machiado. The playoff Rent of Fire is one teams. It's on, let's face it, it is on. The blood is boiling. We're tied at one. It's a best of three. It's going back to San Diego. But the playoff Ring of Fire is alive.
Speaker 4: It is a live VTV. Great to hear from you on this one day in morning. You are passionate, you are fired up, and yes, the blood is boiling in this series, hopefully not pouring over as it did last night between the fans and the players. Eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seventy We got an hour to go. Jerry Harrison Junior is gonna join us. We got a line open, a lot of reaction this morning, and that's what we're here for. We are your scam sauna. Yeah, cleanse it, to cleanse the soul, fully clothed scam song optional, that's you, That's optional.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tim, he did mention the Ring of Fire. Maybe we can come back a little in music with Johnny Cash and the Ring of Fire. I think it's appropriate.
Speaker 4: Absolutely eight six six ninet eighty seven two five seventy. He is Steve Sacks. I'm Tim Kats want you to be a part of the show. Is React on this Monday and morning. Dodgers and Padres best of three. Now after a split at Dodgers Stadium, your phone calls coming up on a FI seventy I Sports