Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZY Kostin's Me Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, Dan, I appreciate it. Six p seven ten thirty is the number here still to come of the program. We are going to go to Hollywood. We are going to talk about the oscars. Odie Henderson joins us from the Globe on who should get what? And then our conservative friend from the West Coast, Yes, he is the unicorn, he's the moderate. Sem Metler joins us from Los Angeles. That's all coming up at eleven o'clock and joining us right now he's David Alcott, and we're going to talk about what's going on with Canada and Mexico. I mean, are is there going to be a battle at the border, David? Or is Trump now looking like a genius because the two sides are talking and to just kind of set it over everybody. You know, Trump wanted the church twenty five percent tariff for Canada twenty five percent of Mexico. Now Mexico's sending ten grand, ten thousand soldiers to stop the drugs, and now Trudeau wants to talk to Trump. So where are we at right now with this?
Speaker 3: Well, we're getting a witness for maybe the first time in our lifetime is this very high stakes negotiation poker, if you will, And that's what's being played out writing in the midst of all these things happening, and something is probably should have happened for a long time, but become the ministration is getting it done.
Speaker 2: Which is it? Yeah, I mean you have to wait and see what happens, obviously, I mean, you know, because we'll see what But he comes out, guns blaring and he says that's it. And when I saw, when I saw the twenty five percent, I was like, that's not gonna happen. Something's got to give. So I'm not surprised we'll get to China in a minute. But I mean, so, what what do you think at the end of the day happens, Because right now he's talking about the drug trade right, which I think is impossible to stop. You could have a million soldiers at the border because of addiction in America. I don't know if you're or around the world. I don't know if you're ever going to stop it. But because the cartel are on Mexico right as far as I'm concerned, I mean, what's the end game here? Does it really work.
Speaker 3: Well with that really high powered negotiation. You've got to have this leverage between them because the terriffs aren't really the leverage he's playing with that from my standpoint, and the real thing is what does Mexico really want out of this? What are they Okay, they don't want terrorists, because that's going to really impact their ability to be able to send imports and explorer supports. But their real things that are after is the manufacturing jobs that are coming from China. Because the world is changing right now, it's such a dramatic fashion, so all those manufacturing jobs that we've had across the world are now being focused on Canada and Mexico, and that's what they really want. All those jobs keep those politicians in power. Getting those jobs over those parts of the country are just huge for them.
Speaker 2: Do jobs in Mexico help their battle against the drug trade?
Speaker 3: Well, yes, that's exactly what the hope is. But there's a lot of intrenched stuff that we have to be able to do with the drug The first thing from my perspective, is be able to stop the cartel managing those things in our own country, in our own forests. We've really got to take a look at that first.
Speaker 2: Well you explained so.
Speaker 3: Right now, a lot of the drug trade that's being produced, or the marijuana use that's legal in our country, from my understanding, is that as being actually created in our natural forests. People have run into these these places over and over again and they're like, hey, why are the cartels across the border in our forests actually creating these kind of cannabis sanctuaries? And how do we stop those? First?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you stop Yeah, because it's legal, how do you stop it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Who is running those things? Because a lot of the cartels aren't, you know, focusing on the different things that are making you know, marijuana safer Americans. If we're going to use it, let's make sure it's safe and run through the proper channels, not being run by an outside organization that uses all kinds of wild chemicals and everything else.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean that's true. I mean, but you know the cocaine Listen, as long as I've been alive that the people, I mean, I've never used it. It scares the listen. I'm not a saint by any stretch. I certainly drank enough beer to choke a dinosaur. But you know, and I think it's all the same, you know. I think people that look at alcohol, it's all it's all numbing, it's all medication. So but like the cocaine stuff, it just won't go away. I mean they Mexico makes so much damn money on it, it just will not It just will not go away. The addiction is crazy.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's some conversations about you know that Mexico doesn't want to stop the way of that trade either, because that's such a big part of the ability to be able to pay off debt. So lots of conversations to be able to have about it. It's really just starting at our borders.
Speaker 2: First, David, I don't follow you on that. The cocaine trade helps the country of Mexico pay off debt.
Speaker 3: So income coming in from that starts to help out the economy in those countries, right.
Speaker 2: Right, because the cars will spend money in Mexico, all right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and then that money transfers up into the government, you know, and that gets the day off those debts and they have huge that's for the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, So what do you think is going on with China? The ten percent there. What's his motivation with that?
Speaker 3: Well, I definitely think that, you know, being in alignments to Mexico and Canada are a little easier fixed because they want those manufacturing jobs. Those jobs are leaving China right now. So what's what's the leverage point? The tariffs aren't enough? What does China really want is the question? And that's the big unknown is what is the trumb administration going to be able to give to the Chinese folks to be able to pay not do these tariffs in place of this And that's still the big question.
Speaker 2: Well, but also ten percent if you pass it. Look if when teriffs are implemented, it's always passed along to the consumer, twenty five percent is a big chunk. But if you want to buy imported goods from China, is ten percent a deal breaker?
Speaker 3: Well it's It was twenty five percent for the other two right that made it really stand up? Why only ten percent for China? And that's an interesting dynamic that are really I'll know the answer to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, it just I don't think they have the same negotiating Obviously, Trump doesn't have the leverage with China that he had with the other two countries, I would agree, Yeah, I mean, that's that's something going on there. But because as Americans were so damn spoiled, we even when we don't have the money, we pay for it. That's why the credit card companies are killing us, you know, so or we're killing ourselves, I should say, But I just think goods, you know, ten percent is I think. I just think people will pay for it. I don't. I don't know what that will do for Trump in that regard. Is there any angle here that he's doing this to create jobs in America?
Speaker 3: I think that's exactly what you know of all of our apologistically wants how to bring those jobs back to America. So it's really about focusing on Okay, if the manufacturing is really changing costs globally and starting to be able to start fundally focusing in Mexico and Canada, how do we continue to bring those jobs here when we have a workforce that really doesn't want a lot of those jobs. So that becomes our next issue.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we do that, then, yeah, that's a problem because if you know, when I've talked to people in the service industry, for example, Okay, there are people in America without jobs that will not work in the service industry. Yes, they refuse to. They'd rather take unemployment or lie. Right, So you know, do you have to create? And if you take a look at companies that are international companies and they can make the product cheaper overseas than in America. I think it's a tough it's a tough road ahead for the president.
Speaker 3: And now I'm going to say word is probably going to get me in troubled with a lot of the listeners. But this is where the immigration conversation finally comes down.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's a tease, and we're going to tell you about that next because that's a big issue too. Okay, David Walcott is David Alcott. I'm sorry, David is joining us. The book is Sorts of Illumination. Check it out on Amazon. What with David Coming up next on WBC.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, Garian for day Tonight six four thirty. The author of Sorts of Illumination, a book about how to give back that feeling of a sense of destiny. David Alcott. That sounds really.
Speaker 3: Deep, Yes, sir, it is. It's took me a long time to write that.
Speaker 2: Before we get back to the talk, what exactly is it about? Why should I read it?
Speaker 3: So so many of us are are walking through this life with a sense of Hey, what went wrong here? What's what's this life really about? And that book is really thirty five years that I've been really focusing on finding out what this place is really about. And it's really about finding out how to not change the world necessarily, but to change your experience of the world we're having. Those people are very successful on this planet then have this incredible ability to create their own identity and then start really living that life based upon that identity, which is very different from how most of us live by the whim or reaction to people's events in their lives.
Speaker 4: Stuff like this.
Speaker 3: People really want to get back to being who they really are, creating that sense of destiny. That's the book for you.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot of concentration. You have to turn out the noise, you really do, because listen, if you have to shut out the noise from your relatives, you know you got to turn out the noise. Look, you're talking about a guy who left a small town in Maine to be a broadcaster in Boston and you know, nobody thinks you could have what you're kidding me, You're gonna shut out the noise. Yeah. Anyways, So it's a good book. Check it out. Have I read it? No, But you know we like Dave all right, So let's get back to the tariffs here. You now you just mentioned the I word immigration. Is that all? How how does this all tie you away?
Speaker 3: So it's interesting because making connections is what we really do here at Samurai Success, helping business owners really see the connection because connections really help you with comprehension to truly understand something so you can apply it. So these connections that we're talking about, it's like, how does immigration have anything to do with interest rates? Inflation and this this whole thing we've been dealing with, and it's actually connected. And that's why when you see some of these graphs of the last administration pouring all these immigrants in here, is because a lot of the jobs that people just do not want to have. Let me give you an example, landscaping, right. Landscaping is one of those things that a lot of the workforce just doesn't want to deal today it's too hods to call whatever it looks like. And the immigration force takes over those jobs, which then lowers that price again. So the consumer then is dealing with a really high price. Nobody wants to do It's a blind demand, and all of a sudden, you have a whole labor force now wanting to do that job. The prices come back to something that's.
Speaker 2: More for I'll tell you in my town, the people that you talk about landscaping, some of the contractors that I've used immigrants and I paid them very well. Phenomenal work, ethic, phenomenal, unbelievable, great work. Phenomenal work that that, and they're they're they're excited, there's an opportunity to do it. You can't. You can't be grudge them. I mean you really can't. It's like I call, you know, I'll call my contractor immediately he's there. Look, he's not cheap, it's fair, but they're doing the work. You know, how does this how does this How does this affect America long term? This work ethic? I talked to a consultant once from one of the big firms. I can't remember, uh the name of it. If you know something something that's something that if you hire him a cost an arm and a leg out of a skyscraper in New York. And he felt, if our work ethic didn't change with this generation, our place in the world is in jeopardy. Is that an over statement?
Speaker 3: I don't think it is. As a matter of fact, I think that's why you're seeing so much pressure on machine technology and machine intelligence, because we're looking at these robots to save our labor force. And the big challenge for us, of course, is the demographics. I mean, kids today are very different. When it came to us, we identified work as our identity who we are, you know, our ability to work and make money and do all this stuff, and theirs is so different. They're wanting to go to work, get a paycheck, and so they can go and do some kind of other experience. Their identity isn't tied to this.
Speaker 2: I had a student I was teaching Todd at Emerson as well, and this person I had connected and with the podcast and they could do some podcasts and get some experience. And I said, you know, would you like to do an additional one so it would be like maybe four a week, And they said, oh no, no, I need some time off, and I would what we have just spoiled this generation. And I'm trying to like go doing about face a little bit in my house, but we have totally. Yeah, we've screwed this generation up. I think I blame the parents. We have been way too easy on them, way too easy.
Speaker 3: Let me add to that mixture of that stuff. Let's imagine you're you're a smart kid. And by the way, these kids aren't unintelligent, man.
Speaker 2: They're no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: And so now you're a child, right, and you watch your mom and dad come home, or your mom or your single tell whatever it is, they come home and all they do is complain about work. What do you think that teaches us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Very I mean, seriously, we have done this to ourselves, right, We've got to take responsibility for getting back on track. That's the misty element.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, No, you're absolutely right. They hear us bitch all the time and so forth, and and yeah, that's that's an excellent point. I didn't I didn't think about that. I didn't we talk about.
Speaker 4: We don't go on vacation.
Speaker 3: Has been years since I've had a vacation. I never have enough and these kids are listening. We have taught them exactly to be the kids they are today, the men and women.
Speaker 2: Well, we also there's also a feeling that you can be twenty three or twenty four before you move out of the house, or you know, or twenty three or twenty four before you're off the payroll. You know. I mean that's got to stop. You know that that to me, that that that that gets a little crazy. Back to the I just had this quite on the immigration thing. Now, the Democrats will point out to Obama deported a lot of people, Biden deported a lot of people, and now obviously Trump is you know, running rampant here doing it. Are those fair comments? Is Trump doing anything differently as opposed to past administrations.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's been again just a couple of weeks into his administration kind of stuff, But this is what he ran on and he has a clear mandate which he's following through with so far. Just says I'm going to start taking the folks that did not go into the proper channels and a realistic immigration policy, and we're going to return you back to your countries, and you're going to take them and it's just something we haven't seen before.
Speaker 2: Well we haven't seen it to this degree, but past administrations are claiming that they did the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they just didn't publicize it.
Speaker 2: No, I mean this is what he does. I mean, this is I mean he's P. T. Barnum. Yeactly, I mean that this is exactly what he does. Did you see the movie The Apprentice? I did unbelievable, very much. You have to watch it, people, And I understand it's Hollywood. We understand it's been dramatized and so forth. But I do believe the spine is pretty accurate and this guy has been did not. I mean the first thing that they talk about in the film that he learns from Roy Cohen is deny, deny, deny, deny, deny, deny. It hasn't changed. It hasn't changed, listen, deny, deny, deny, deny. And he just got elected again. Not only did he get elected the first time, not having any government experience, he got bounced and then got elected again by deny, deny, deny. If people haven't watched it, at you Apprentice, you have to watch it. I understand it's a movie, but there's some truth to it. Don't you think I would agree? Unbelievable. I mean, it's just it's just absolutely laughable. All right, So what should we look at down the road? What's coming down the road? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, we're definitely in you know, is I think the conversation that's having is this this level of cast we're going to be dealing with. We're going to be dealing with this for a while. And business owners specifically, how this affects us is that opportunity really exists in this place of chaos. And that's the real message you like to share with people, is that, yes, there's going to be craziness that you're not used to, that we've never seen anything like this before. And yet if you're really, really wise about this, you can really take advantage of this and really be able to help them be in service people in your business. That's the real great message.
Speaker 2: So you see an opportunity.
Speaker 3: I see a huge opportunity in the next four years, huge opportunity.
Speaker 2: Can you be a little more specific? I don't know if you can't because you're talking about it in such a broad sense, but can you give me some specific ideas or examples.
Speaker 3: Well, you can already see that the Wall Street what is reacting to today, of course, right the ups and downs and things like this. And I will tell you every great investor we've ever studied has made more money and downturns than they have an upturns. So there's a very very interesting perspective right there, this wild roller coaster, that there's opportunity in that. You just have to spend time. And like you said earlier areas is you've got to just break the noise. Why you're being so successful as life is you got away from everybody else's chatter about you, Gary, You've got to figure out who you are and what you want in this lifetime, and that's when opportunity shows itself to you.
Speaker 2: So Bilo sell high perfect. I mean, I mean, that's as old as the hills. But yeah, it's true. Yeah that now more than ever. I mean, And that's something I tell my son, you know where I go, just turn in my kids, Just turn out the noise. You got to pay your bills, obviously, but just just just turn out, definitely turn out the noise. And my kid, my kid at seventeen, was looking at the market. I said, dude, I go I don't. That's one thing I will tell this generation. And I've told my kids, look at the stock market. Take any money that you have and start investing as soon as you can, because I don't know how you're going to make extra money. Like, I don't know how you're going to get ahead. You can get into sales and you can make big commissions, but I don't know if you don't play the stock market from when you're eighteen and put them in it, I don't know how people are going to get ahead. Are you going to work overtime? Is there going to be overtime with AI? Will there be double overtime for people? I mean I come from a town where we had a paper mill that people with a high school education could work double time on Sunday. They were union. That meant they made forty dollars an hour on a Sunday. Those days are gone, am I right?
Speaker 3: The greats are agreed. Well, you gotta just you gotta get for the business owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you have to people. People have to look at them student. Young people have to look at themselves as an individual, corporation or entity. Yes, maybe I should write a book perfect all right, Well you should check it out Source of Illumination. David Arcott Samurai for success and I really appreciate you coming on, and we'll do it again down the road whenever I'm filling in.
Speaker 3: Tom's very okay, I'm great. Thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 2: You got it. David Allcott with us here on wb some calls to get ahead to ten o'clock. We're gonna do some oscars. Baby. You guys know I love the movies. Tom in West Virginia, West Virginia, not Virginia, West Virginia. Coming up next on WBZ.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan on WBZ Boston's news.
Speaker 2: Radio by Garian for Dan tonight six one, seven, two, four thirty. I would like to thank Dave Alcott for coming on talking about the Taris Taris tariff, Boyd, the big thing here is the immigration. That's that is. I mean, Trump is getting right after it. He's putting it up as a billboard. But as the Democrats have pointed out, they've done so in the past, there has to be a way to do it with some sort of a system. I just don't think the country has wanted to do it. They haven't wanted to deal with it. And then you have the question about the whole labor force. It's a great point. We've raised our kids here in America. There are certain jobs they're just too good for. That are the people who come into this country and they want to make a living and they want to do something for their families they're not too proud to take. Let's go to tom in West Virginia, not Virginia. West Virginia. Are you closeer to Pittsburgh?
Speaker 4: Ye? No, I'm in Pocahontas County, the most rural county in West Virginia. My mother grew up here. I grew up in Foxboro, Massachusetts. I'm a retired member of the IVW Local one oh three in Boston. And by the way, speaking of Maine, two towns i've worked in Mattawaska nineteen eighty nine Fraser Paper and the other one in Waterville, Maine. I'll think of that name. In nineteen ninety you never worked at.
Speaker 2: You never worked in Rumford? Huh?
Speaker 4: No, that was International Paper, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: No, Rumford was Oxford Paper Company, which later became Boise Cascade International was in j.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Well, anyway, and I do remember the strike in Jay Maine. B b ian K went in and they did a construction expansion as well as a paperworker's strike, and they busted the union.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: I'm a union man. I never crossed a picket line. Do you understand me? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: I understand you too. I'm a union man as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, I remember that very well. So here's the point. Number one. As far as these free trade agreements, I remember in nineteen ninety two with Bill Clinton and the little guy who was the Secretary of Labor. It will come to me Robert Reich, three of them said, all three of them said three things for union slobs like me. One it will create good paying jobs in America. Two, it'll cut down an illegal immigration coming to America from Mexico. Three it will cut down an illegal immigration. None of those predictions ever came true.
Speaker 2: No, I'm lost. I'm losing something when you said it, What is it?
Speaker 4: NaSTA? Come on, man, I got a brain.
Speaker 2: Tom Beck, dude, you ma'am, no, listen, I'm not in the mood. I'm not in the mood for this crap. You have something to say. I didn't understand what you were saying. I simply asked the question, if you can't be polite, I don't want to deal with you softer. Fine, I do a brain. I didn't know what you were speaking of.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, smart ask so I apologize. I apologize.
Speaker 2: NAFTA, Yes, American tree.
Speaker 4: And none of those predictions came true? Did they too? Did they come true? You? Now? Next? Okay? Now, free trade with China? What were we told back then on National Public Radio with the intellectuals of Boston, Oh, if we do free, if we do most favored trading with China, And this was include the esteem senator from Boston or Massachusetts, John Kerry. Most favorite trading with China will give us great jobs in America which didn't happen, China will become more of a democracy, which did not happen, and China will be less likely to build up their military. So I'm sorry. I don't have a college degree. I'm a license electrician. That's my claim to fame. None of those predictions came through. And and the smart people in New England called people like me that work for a living morons. And I voted for Donald Trump, whether her these listeners like it or not.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not going to call you a moron.
Speaker 4: None of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've been called hang on, I've been called a moron on National Public radio in Boston. That's not your fight. I'm just telling you, as well as other low rated AM radio stations, from progressive nonprofit radio stations in Massachusetts. So here's the point. None of those predictions that we were told in the Boston Globe and the New York Times ever came true. And somehow I'm a bad person because I disrespect my union leadership telling me, oh no, Kamala Harris is going to be the new messiah to the working man in this time country? Are you kidding me? And as far as immigration is concerned, I don't begrudge any person coming to this country for a better life. However, when you have people that are coming here in desperation, that are being exploited by employers. And it was the unions back in the nineties that pushed Everify that both the Republicans and the Democrats would not pass. You know what am I told on? When someone's urinating on my leg and telling me it's not raining from either side of the political aisle, somehow I'm stupid. You've got to be kidding me. I want people to come from this to this country. I don't care if they're from Africa, Asia, Central America, or whoever. Number One, I want them vetted. Number two, I want them to be screen medically. As my first wife that I met in nineteen eighty three, she was from eighty she was quarantined for a week in a hotel in Miami to make sure she didn't have communicable diseases. That was before age. And they used to do that at Ellis Island. And somehow I'm a racist, according to the National Public radio crowd for me saying that, well, maybe we should quarantine these people. And need I remind you that during the pandemic with Joe Biden in twenty twenty one, they let people in the southern border that were not required to get the vaccines, as were people in public service in this country that had to get the vaccine or face firing. What am I missing? You tell me where I'm wrong?
Speaker 2: Well, what I do agree with you on is there needs to be a better system on how people come into the country. There's no doubt about that. Okay, there's no question, And I know and I don't understand why it hasn't been undertaken by either party. I really don't to me, they'd like to use it as a political plank. I don't know if they want.
Speaker 4: Ronald Reagan in nineteen ninety six or eighty six, excuse me, when he passed amnesty for mostly European immigrants, a lot of them from Ireland. Back then, the deal was, we're going to secure our border and we're going to fix our immigration with regards to feeding up people that are here that aren't criminals or whatever. Okay, neither party has done that. And look at the Republicans. You have mint Romney Republicans that want cheap labor from south of the border. And God bless those people. Okay, they work very hard. I would never ever put down someone from Ecuador or wherever. Okay, they work very hard as the same people as as other ethnic groups do. But they want cheap labor. The Democrats want cheap votes. It's not hard to figure out. And what Joe Biden did over the last three and a half years of his administration h w COVID four years. You know, while COVID was going on, no, get as many people in here as possible, and hopefully we can make them citizens to have a political domination of those people will be dependent on government. Please tell me where I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: That backfired. Well, I'll tell you that backfire on Joe Biden. I appreciate the phone call. Tom. Let's go to John and Foxbrog. John, you're up on WBZ.
Speaker 5: They can hear me.
Speaker 2: I can hear you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just had a disagreement. How build their developer contractor in regards to you went undocumented coming in doing the landscape. And I think it's a misnomer because right now, with the labor shortage, the people that are coming in charge just as much, if not more than American citizens to do. But the problem is they're not insured and a lot of times they get an accident. And I can and I can speak firsthand. I never hired anybody subcontractor. Wise, I won't let anybody in the properties because well, five years ago, I had a guy that's working for me from Brazil, real good kid, he's trying to get his papers, doing everything in the right way, but most of his cousins were here illegally. And what they were doing was there were any money that they made, they were sending back to Brazil.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: The cousin was trying to do it the right way, but what happened was two of their cousins gotten accidents. We want to cut there at Kelley's tend to no more clear through on one of the machines that they weren't supposed to be operating. And what they did was the fourth homeowner got sued because the guy that had hired them on the job didn't have insurance. So the other thing too, is like I've got to go to classes for all my license, construction supervisor's license, every license, real estate license, you know, I have to pay assurance, my liabilities, all that stuff. The advantage is they don't have the licenses. Okay, Right, So my cousin's very left. I've never been a political person in my life. I didn't like Bush. I don't have a favorite team. In other words, Okay, so I played in the middle. My cousin's a building. He's really far left, and he's like, well, they need work, And I'm like, Michael, would you hire him to frame a house, you know, for your mother in law? You wouldn't because they don't have a license, so they don't have the education or even you know, the schooling of the licenses. Uh, to know the codes in other worlds, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I know, and you're right, no, I understand it because I better you're.
Speaker 5: Not to interrupted. But the other thing too, is it's like you're treating these people like the slave labor. Like they're coming in and it' it's like, okay, well they're so cheap and might as well just have them just to clean out toilets and you know, pick crop. It's not like that anymore anyway. It's very intelligent. And the thing is, you know, I like Trump since I was a kid, because I was a developer, okay, and he's a businessman. I have this argument all the time. I'd rather have the guy that's ability, that that runs businesses and writes checks, you know, pays millions and millions of dollars in real estate taxes. I own a lot of properties too. Those those corporations employed people which go to work and pay taxes. It's very different than administration. All the politicians they don't make a creat anything in the ostilium when they take that tax pay money like the ntos that they've bring these people that they're supposed to be non government employees, they're all getting kickbacks into the administration. So it's the other scope of.
Speaker 4: It's like this.
Speaker 5: If you ever saw the movie star phase when Fidel Castro emptied out the prisons and all that stuff, that's in the smallest skill. Those are only thousands of people. And I know because I owned property in South Beach and it was a good thing that worked for me, because that crime wave destroyed Miami and Self Beach back then, you couldn't give property away. Then when the psycho reverted back and all the hard working Cubans that came here from a communist country that wanted to work, they didn't want those drug deals in there. So imagine all the people from two hundred countries coming in, all the gang leaders, all this. They had three cousins die of vatanyl overdoses. I'm talking about first hand experiences. Now, this is like, this is like the Mario boat lift on steroids.
Speaker 2: You I'm trying to follow you, dude. You just gave me a ton to think about. So to wrap it up, do you have a solution.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the solution is going on right now. You steal the border, so you go. So you have one politician Tonya the board is okay, and you know, we can't do anything. And Donald Trump comes in, he's been for a week, and they shut ninety three percent of it down. Let them come in the right way, right, So they would say, well, what's the right way do it? Like my friend Willie who was from Brazil, he didn't want to come in. And here's the other thing too, is all the cousins weren't wealthy. They all had hev T cards. They were living in a multi family house with forty people in the house. Okay, right, so that's what they do. So here's the thing. You know, the last cause said, oh, well, you know it's good because you know you don't want to get rid of these workers because you know they're cheap. That's number one. That's wrong. That's not even true because you're paying them just as much money. Okay. But but but the problem is you're paying them as much money, and then they're not paying taxes. Okay, they're living for free, right all right, and they're getting food stamps and all that. I have the biggest time in the world. I have people living down the street for me in one of the motels. I wish I own the motels you get seventy year contracts. They're all filled up with mostly Hatians over here. I'm I'm in stopping shop one day. They don't even speak English. Some of them. They're the nicest people in the world because they're families. I'm not talking about like, they're not drug dealers. I have the cashier arguing because the young woman's had diapers and it was late at night, and the lady's like, oh, you can't pay for that on this I just looked out my credit card. I handed it right, right, right, and then I gave him right home. I don't want to see anybody heard. But the biggest thing is it's just it's all political and it's a headaches, you know why.
Speaker 2: John. The bottom line, as we wrap it up, and I appreciate your passion and your insight, and you've been a very good caller, is the truth always lies somewhere in the middle. And one of the topics I would like to discuss in the next few days when I'm sitting in for Dan is why do we have to be a country of extremes. We either go far to the left or far to the right. Now, what you're talking about is reasonable. You're talking about an immigration system where people can come into the country legally, be properly insured, and become part of the workforce. We've put people on the moon, we have cured diseases, and for some reason we can't do it. And the truth always lies somewhere in the middle. You don't want to be you don't want to be inhumane to people, but you you have to have a system, so there's some sense of sanity. And for some reason this country doesn't want to do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me tell you why they don't want to do it, because each party wants to be in control.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, John and John, I gotta break John. But you're absolutely right, John, it's a political plank. And to wrap it up, you're right because they had a bipartisan agreement. Trump decided to run. He told his cronies, don't pass the bipartisan agreement because he wanted to use it as a political plank to run. Absolutely neither neither party wants a solution agreed because it's not that hard. It's not that hard. Common sense generally solves the problem. But then if you have common sense, problems get solved and people don't have anything to run on we agree on that. I gotta take a break. Uh, we're gonna talk my movies. At ten. We're gonna get rid of it was very soon. We will be done with the real stuff and get into the make belief stuff. You're on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Right Garian for Dan tonight. Very passionate discussions this evening regarding immigration, regarding the tariffs. I was just telling Rob Brooks the wizard on the other side of the glass. We have CNN and Fox News on in the studio, and I'm paraphrasing here, but across the screen on CNN when they were talking about Trump and Canada and Mexico negotiating dropping the tariffs. If Canada is this of Mexico, you know since ten thousand people of the board, soldiers of the border, CNN said Trump backs off charges or tariff plans. And then Fox is like Canada and Mexico h crumbles to Trump something among those lines. Uh, that's where we're at. I mean, people just believe what they want to believe. That's how they want to look at it. You have to give Trump credit if he pulls this off. He got people to the table. I don't know if you could have a million soldiers at the border, if that's going to stop the drug trade. I'm not optimistic about that. But Trump's got people moving. Musk scares the hell out of me. I don't know what the hell he's doing running around Washington. I hope he doesn't have any real power. That guy worries me a little bit, But so far during the second term with Trump, he's a man of action that is indisputable. Okay, we're gonna go to the movies. We're gonna talk about the oscars coming up with Odie Henderson at the Globe. Right here on WBZ. Following the news