Speaker 1: I'm interested. What did your school report say about you?
Speaker 2: I don't think any of it was particularly good. How do you say little bastard? Professionally? Those words whatever that is was pretty much what was in my school report challenging. You know, I'm bumped into my head so that she was like my head of not year, what is it? She was like my form tuotor, Yeah, she was my form. I bumped into her.
Speaker 3: She was also head of house. Yes at school Callum went to yeah, Griffin or mate.
Speaker 2: I bumped into her a long while afterwards, and notorious for the behavior that I had. And also she was an English teacher, so I didn't really apply myself particularly at school. And then she ask me what I was doing now? If I could bottle the I could paint the picture. When I told her I was a professional journalist, that was that was quite something that I was working in London as a professional journalist. Since she was like, oh you really so yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Razal had journalists.
Speaker 1: George Sport what what is your I mean we had house masters. What did your house master have you? In his mind's eye? What did he think that the young George Brown was going to be imprisoned.
Speaker 4: I think probably he was not my biggest fan, if I'm completely honest, and the feeling was mutual. We did not get on at all well, and so my singular lack of success so far in life would probably have come as no surprise to him whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Which is, well, what do they have you marked out as at school?
Speaker 3: Which the bit I got kicked out of? The bit I didn't get kicked?
Speaker 2: I think the first one is a marker of success.
Speaker 1: I think I think the first, the second.
Speaker 3: The second. I remember my physics teacher when I spectacularly failed my A two level whatever they were called, because it was like the second half of it, he just said I was a massive disappointment to him. Five years later I saw him selling light bulbs at a Eco light bulbs at the sort of the village Fate. So I don't know how that works. I don't know what his marker of success was, but I'm sure we both disappointed each other. So with with disappointment in mind, should we try and work out what actually happened at the game fair? Because I know we sort of we normally do, oh, who's come to the game fair? And we do a bit and then we never mentioned afterwards. I sort of lost track of where you all went at the game fair, but I knows some something happen, so I think we need to sort of an after.
Speaker 2: Action report here, a blow by blow.
Speaker 3: If that's what happened, that's what happened to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no blowing never mind that. Okay, the highlights for me it was on the Friday. I think that it was largely that, rather than just being perpetually at the GWCT stand last year, is that Claire and I were let off the leash and we just went out as a sort of normal couple, wandering around and taking it all in. And it was in its way a delight. And you do realize that you get stopped by loads of people and you can say, oh, I haven't seeing your phrases. And I think that's the best thing about the game thing, is that you do catch up with people who you haven't seen for a year, but they might have read your stuff or listened to what we do on this dark podcast of ours and stuff like that, and you realize, oh, that's actually were worth it. And then on the we did some sort of proper journalism stuff of interviewing people which was quite cool. And then on the Saturday I realized, then the the Friday is a delight but the Saturday is just a really really busy thing. We went to some posh drinks parties which we were actually invited to do. More on that later and they were quite cool. I went to one up actually at the Hall, which also Callum was invited to, but we'd gone by then because we'd actually left Charlie and his and his sidekick in a hot car because we said you're not coming because we'd been previously. Yes, we'd been to the Shuffle drinks party before that and Charlie had tried to half inch the beers that were on.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he put me an bag. So we vetoed him coming to the Fields drinks party up at the at the Hall because that would have been a bit dangerous.
Speaker 3: Spirit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he had actually started nicking things off the sort of Earl of Hartford, that probably would have been sort of career over. So that was it. It was largely one of delightful Friday, far too busy Saturday, and we went to and do you know what, I didn't buy anything inappropriate or silly that I got back and thought, what the hell's this thing even do? In fact, the only thing I think I did buy was an expensive sausage.
Speaker 3: I heard you could buy such things.
Speaker 1: I thought they were in It was a Herefordshire sort of salami type thing. Because the guys there, they there was down in the food area and they were a bit quiet, and they clearly put all this effort into it, and they gave me loads of samples, and you know, you feel.
Speaker 2: You get not guilted into it, but you do feel bad for something.
Speaker 1: You think, yes, callum, I did you just thought you've put a huge Amoun's effort in this, and love and passion and skill. And also I'd spoken to George the day before about that he was planning to make these sausages, and I thought, I need an excuse not to have one of his sausages that he's going to me. So therefore I bought them off a professional rather than getting dysentery.
Speaker 2: So I got offered one of these sausages. This was a slightly warm one.
Speaker 3: That's a different sassage.
Speaker 2: You'll be George's just slightly warm sausage.
Speaker 4: You'll be pleased to hear Richard that I managed to resist buying the sausage machine, so everyone's safe another year.
Speaker 1: We did have this image just as George go back because he was flying solo, won't and we will find out about what happens when George flies solo and laces without adult supervision. And just this image of him buying a sausage maker, every single thing that can sort of turn meat into then sort of gristled up stuff. And I just had this image of George covered in sausage skins and gristle and minced up meat for the next six weeks as he starts experimenting with all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you ever try? Have you ever tried to make sausages?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I tried. How difficult it is to go into that skin? Well, the imagery of amateur sausage making, it's also how I feel like I look in a white T shirt like that kind of like so has badly packed it in. Every time I see a woman in an ill fitting white dress, all I think is amateur hour at the sausage factory.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 4: I like the idea that sausage factories have an amateur urt when people can just turn and have a go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like an open mic map.
Speaker 2: Yeah, g Q in sausage making.
Speaker 3: So to tell the wider story of this, because sort of Callum George and I and Amy silently, we have sort of this inter networking of adventures where we almost need to release a map like they used to do with certain you know, certain books. You know you'd have you turned to the middle for the map and you can see where all these things are happening. We need to do that for sort.
Speaker 4: Of the middle of warrants, sort of military.
Speaker 3: Yes, we used to do that in sharp novels. So just imagine that in your head. With this, we're converging on a camp site somewhere near Evesham, which wasn't going well because it turns out that Google Maps did an update that week and just sent everyone down stupid side roads. And if you're listening to this and you think, yes, my Google Maps was stupid that week, yeah, apparently it was a thing where they just it just started randomly sending people down stupid routes even though there were ten minutes longer. And that's what we had all the way there, and I think you did as well.
Speaker 4: I did have exactly the same experience, and I found myself thinking, I know, I'm near the end four because I can see signposts to it, but I don't seem to be able to get on it.
Speaker 3: Got to the campsite, Georgie was already there, and I want to paint a picture of you listeners. In the corner of the campsite with caravans either side. There is a five meter bell tent, one of those big canvas campaign tents, with a mustached man sat in front of it wearing a pink shearer's vest, shorts and flip flops, which you know there's an image for that for patrons only. But it was a strong way to start the weekend and it sort of went downhill from there, really, didn't it.
Speaker 4: I think it went uphill. Certainly I got smarter.
Speaker 3: You did well. Also. You had to go and put real clothes on when we went to the pub that night, because we went to the pub at the campsite and it was a bit shit, so we went off to a better pub. Which are we going to give away the location of this the.
Speaker 4: Best pub, because I would like us to be able to camp there next year instead of the campsite that we were at.
Speaker 3: So let's go for the descriptors then instead in the village where most of the rules were thatched And what's the thing you'll know this niggas. What's the thing with the animals on the top. What are they called?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I don't know the precise name. I think Chris Dodson told me that they were something like icons. I think they were called that's the term they use for them.
Speaker 3: That would make sense.
Speaker 1: But he has told me some of the bizarre things that he's been asked by thatched house owners to put on, one of which was a ballerina of all things.
Speaker 3: Produce it in the notes, Amy has just said they are called finials.
Speaker 1: Apparently see some like hunting and cheer, so they probably that's how they pronounce finials.
Speaker 3: So just evening sun walking across the village square, there's church bells going, there's thatch roofs everywhere. Walking up towards the fifteenth century pub with Morris dancing happening in the tithe barn next to it. We walked through the orchard to the outdoor dining area. Open the menu and it says, well, we make our own sider and we've won many awards for our pies. Inside there was a folk music session happening, and the staff could not have been nicer, I think, the possibly the nicest human beings on earth. And we went for supper with Avian and his wife, which was I think I was happier that evening than I have been all year, although for about two thirds of this year so far I have been dying.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, for a year when you nearly lost your leg and the doctors turn around and say we might save the leg, is let's be perfect, honest. Anything after that is.
Speaker 3: Probably coming up Millhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So what was your highlights? George?
Speaker 4: Of the of the game fare?
Speaker 1: It was a flying sony.
Speaker 4: It was a bit of a strange game fare for me because in most of the other most of the other years that I've been there, I have been tied to a stand and I have never really been able to explore properly. Last year I wasn't, but I literally just did. I turned up for a podcast recording and then naffed off again. Really, so this year, what were my highlights? So for the Guns on Pegs podcast, I interviewed Carlo Barretta, who is the next in line to the Barretta business name. So his dad is running at the show at the moment, and he was there representing Bretta for the five hundred year anniversary of the company, which is an astonishingly long time for anything to be going on.
Speaker 1: For it, am I Ryan saying it's the oldest family owned company in Europe.
Speaker 4: It would certainly be up there. There's not many companies that have been going for that long, are there. So that was really interesting and he was a consummate professional. We then did our Gunspace podcast live show, which was the one I've enjoyed the most out of all the live shows we've done standing ramonely in the Game Fair Theater, but actually I think And then on Saturday night I attended the Bretta dinner up at the House, which was well. The invitation said that it was formal evening dress, which I interpreted as black tie, but it turned out that very few other people had done so I would say maybe ten percent of the people there were in black tie, and I was one of that ten percent. But that was all very fun and it was wonderful walking up from the park where the showground is, up the steps into the very formal garden with thee with the string quartet playing and everybody having champagne and cocktail. You had a bond film, it felt like it. Yes, I did have a sort of mental soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Don't think they had a host pipe band in that garden?
Speaker 3: Did they know?
Speaker 1: It was lush, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: When we went into the Fields Drinks do there on the Friday there was a I assumed that they holding hands a gay couple in front of us, and from the back one of these chaps looked exactly like Jeff Goldblum, and they had as you walked up, various members of the sort of household staff of Ragley Hall sort of welcome you and sort of ushering you it because you apparently you can't walk in a straight line without someone pointing whether you've got to carry on walking in a straight line to get to where your host is. And I said to him, did you see that was Jeff Goldblum? And he went was he? And I went, yeah, it's definitely Jeff Goldblum and he goes, I didn't know he was gay. I thought I have now just started a ring with Jeff. Is to say of a crab joke to a chap who works at Ragley or sorry, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it was at Goodwood or something like that, that would be more expected because there's all sorts of random celebrities there hiding away in corners of the house. A friend of mine was at a thing at Goodwood at the revival and went went off somewhere into the house to try and find a quiet room to fart in because he just sort of stepped out of the corridor. He stepped into this room and there's Keanu Reeves sat on a sofa and he sort of he didn't know whether to hold it in or just carry on or just sort of sort of nod him back out.
Speaker 2: Please please tell me you just crop dusted in and left. He's a good He's a good man. Don't crop dusty.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Nigel, I just had the story of when you accidentally shouted on Keanu Roufs.
Speaker 4: But actually I think all of that was all very fun. But I thought that the most fun was actually Friday, when we were just sort of biffing around the showground, chatting to people and looking at stuff and completing our bingo cardshit a.
Speaker 3: Pink T shirt that said Hello Cows on it, so the bingo card. I think we need to sort of address that We didn't get into trouble with it, but I put quite a few sort of shooting world celebrities scattered across it that they didn't know about. And I've had a lot of messages since from people saying what is this fucking bingo card? And why is my name on it? From people of varying degrees. We also started giving them out to stallholders, and I know for a fact that the bizarrely present and no one quite knows why Restore Britain stand were given again a countryside bingo cards. They were playing bingo, although it may have been one of the forestry people who just sent me a photo of that. Ah, but we sort of infected the show and people were saying, what's this T shirt thing? And I think Hamish from Gilly on the first day said, oh, I've had a couple of your people here, and then on by the end of Saturday he said I've had a lot of your people here and I'm not and it was sort of loaded with a lot of your people. I don't know quite what he meant by.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we don't we're not responsible for them. I was particularly pleased with the not only the number of T shirts I saw, but the cues outside Hugo Campbell Hills Place the game GluN.
Speaker 3: Yes, for the game.
Speaker 1: Fair, there seems to be a distinct lack of people selling game I mean you observed it, George, didn't you was that there was a reason for that? And why did you think it was that?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 4: Well, this is conjecture and hearsay rather than concrete. But I think that just the costs are incredibly high. I think there's they take a feel and I think the there's not actually that many game suppliers who are set up to be able to do shows. And I think what actually happens quite a lot is that people use the game fare as a sort of stepping stone to other things in their in their business. So if you think of the likes of Kayak Brin and those sorts of people, they will have done the game fair many years ago. But it's sort of a way of making a bit of a name for yourself and then moving your business on so you don't have to give a big chunk of your takings away to whoever happens to be running the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the costumes were crazy for a stand, but I think for if you weren't selling cheesy chips for ten quid and you're actually selling quality food, I would have thought you'd done quite well.
Speaker 3: Looking at the just the Hugo and the game gluttered and what they did. He he went through seven hundred and forty four pheasants and sixty partridges over three days.
Speaker 2: We should explain.
Speaker 3: Substantial amount of bird flesh.
Speaker 2: We should explain what he was doing. So we had a breakfast menu. Was a pluck muffin that was delicious. I had one of those, it was fantastic. And then he was doing the pheasant smash taco Swarmer thing. Yeah, basically a like a wrap squashed up pheasants stuff in it with some lettuce and a delicious sauce and lots of pickles. It was amazing. I didn't get to eat one, but yeah, everybody else said it was fantastic. So yeah, that's what Hugo was doing.
Speaker 1: I'm very pleased that one of our loyal listeners and patrons managed to maximize on his top quality product. That was really good. What was the most stupid thing that you saw for sale at the game fair today?
Speaker 4: But I have an answer for that. Hang on a second I can show you.
Speaker 3: Yes, physical evidence.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful, loyal listeners. George Brown is holding up? Have you become a Viking?
Speaker 3: Or what is that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's a drinking horn. It's so big I can't get it in the shop.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, should we get should we get the jokes out of the way now? So he's got the horn?
Speaker 1: The horn, Yeah, he's got and it's in his hand. So so George has bought, actually bought one of the more silly things. Richard, What did you see, stupid?
Speaker 3: Richard?
Speaker 1: What did you see?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 3: You thought that? Who's going to buy that? I I didn't buy much myself, actually because I was too busy doing other things, mostly getting free drinks and breaking into places. But I there was the usual stuff, and you sort of think, you know, I have no idea, who's going to buy that? Who's going to spend seven hundred pounds on a waterproof that is about half as good as warn and cottswat outdoor and things like that. There was one guy actually was trying to track him down and I never did find him and it really bugged me. Which was neurodiverse pyrography, which I don't I want to know what's neurodiverse? Is it sort of autistic or ADHD person or is it you know which, hello friend? Or is it jittery pirography? I don't know, like what's what's the neurodiverse bit about it? Because does Callum do neurodiverse marketing and photography?
Speaker 2: I will if it gets me a few.
Speaker 4: I like to think that all of the pyrography is sort of half finished.
Speaker 3: You started, it.
Speaker 2: Got distracted by a squirrel outside because.
Speaker 1: Is that harm?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean most of it's overshadowed by the Shenanigans of Friday Night for us, which sort of didn't start until about well nine ten pm, where Callum arrived having because what did you do? You photographed Carloberetta and then came to the field party. Is had it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I come straight from the Holland and Holland shooting ground and then that kind of overran a little bit. Well we didn't, it just sort of it all just got a bit complicated. So I didn't get to the field party till well, Nigas was there an hour and I got just after that, so it must have been like twenty to eight or something. So I did my I did my socializing, and the responsible thing would have been to find myself a place to go. But instead of instead of finding good place to go, you said, I'm over the other side of the campsite. I said, yeah, I'm going to go there instead, So yeah, I headed over to you and tell them what happened from there.
Speaker 3: Well, so the preamble to this is we went to four parties and successfully got into three of them, which was guns on chauffeur guns on Pegs. Didn't make it into the main big VIP one because a man kept saying, yes, but you need a badge that says exactly this, And then we went off to the brand of cost party instead, which had Venison chili, which made it the best. But then we met you by the porterloose on the edge of the campsite and friends do yeah, yeah, and then we decided, okay, well, Callum's going to come back to our campsite and we'll go up. So we walked back to the car amy as the incredibly sober designated driver got in, put the key in the slot and watched it immediately eject again. And if you've got one of these basically made in the last fifteen years, they didn't have proper keys anymore. They have a key that will only work if it talks to the car, and as decided to stop. So basically we're broken down, trapped in a field. So a rescue plan was emerged, which was George Brown was going to set off wearing pith helmet and bright pink shirt saying hello cows and shorts with a very large pair of Harkeeler boots. So I'm just painting a picture here with a canvas rucksack. I think. At that point Yeap who was going to set off for the sort of four mile trek from the middle of the game fare out to where one of the gates was at the edge, Callum was going to try and drive round to meet him when they go back to the campsite and get George's car. Now I worked out that I could probably take the key apart, resolder it with a lighter, and put it back together again whilst drunk, which, yes, is incredibly impressive. I know I can hear you say it, so thank you. Yes, it is impressive, and we got it started. Meanwhile, George, what happened at the gate?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I'd hiked my way across the across the site to the gate, and he sort of, I would would we call them wrought iron? Probably not wrought iron, but big old gates anyway, And I all the ornamental gates, and the security chap sitting next to them explained that the gates would only open upon arrival of a car. So I looked at the gates and thought, I don't think I'm getting through any of those gaps. And then I saw that there was a little sort of rickety wicket, you know, fence sort of between that and the wall to sort of fill in the gap. And I looked at that and thought, well, I'll get over that. I'll climb over, only, you know, waist high. And as he saw me scaling the gate, the chap on the chair said be careful, and I turned to him and gave him a withering look which he would not have been able to see in the dark, and I said, I've been climbing over fences since i was four years old. My dad's a farmer, I'll have you know. Hop hopped over landed with my foot on the curbstone, rolled my ankle over, my sunglasses, hit the floor, and made an audible crack, which I thought, for a horrible moment was my ankle going. I swore loudly hit the floor and then had to sort of hobble away and wait for Calum by the side of the road, and I sort of I hobbled. I could have stayed more or less exactly where I was, but I felt I needed to hobble out of sights. I wasn't in the direct glare.
Speaker 3: Of exit stage left.
Speaker 1: You see this slightly then backs up that Patrick Galbrai wrote a piece in the Telegraph on Friday about how it said Britain's most illustrious outdoor event was going downhill because it's sort of basically surrounded by crime now, and by which they probably thought, and by the tone of Patrick's article, that we were talking about crime as in the thefts that have gone on, But actually perhaps it was referring to the fact that a pith hat clad individuals doing amateurish breaking an entry of Grand Old's stately home, breaking and exiting, breaking their exiting I mean break you and shrub soul, I mean you aren't. Basically you are the complete opposite. I am breaking out of this great, big palatial thing owned by a Mark question that would confuse Hi, wouldn't it that they wouldn't let me out? Yes, exactly, I've entered this place.
Speaker 3: George. Well, this story kept having sort of extra you know, it's like the Lord of the Rings. It's got too many endings. It's sort of having extra bits. Like we got back to the camp site and found out that George had lost half of his possessions in this in the fall. It sort of scattered away from him, like when you kill a computer game character and then drop all their loot. Son, Yeah, exactly, all the rings drop out except for him. It was sort of vape batteries I think, and.
Speaker 4: The weight batteries of the bits I was most worried about.
Speaker 3: But the next morning, when we came back to the game fair through the same gate, he spotted them on the floor and stopped and held. If you were held up in the queues on Saturday morning at the Red Gate, that was almost certainly George Brown sending Amy out to go and pick up all the vape batteries. The tailbacks went back as far as Evesham, so we didn't really cover ourselves in glory on Friday night, but we sort of survived against all odds, but I feel like other people did it with more elegance.
Speaker 1: Well because I'm a proper grown hut and was there with my wife and son. I stayed in a tiny little pub called Ye Old Red Horse in Evesham, which I know some of the people who listened to us who are from that out of the woods. They've got very downer on Evesham. But I've said I thought it was a delightful little place, but rather wonderfully. On Saturday morning, when I got up to go and take the dog out for a stroll, I went out to They've got Evesham Abbey, so they've got two churches very close together, and it goes down to the River Avon and quite an elaborate park. And the moment I walked across there and I was listening out for what's the dawn chorus here? And I heard the ubictus woodpigeon collar dove and a peregrine falcon. And so therefore, up in the top of the of Evesham Abbey there was a pair of peregrine falcons shouting at one another. Underneath the abbey, it's quite literally littered with the heads of jackdaws, and wood pigeons where clearly they've been having a bit of a sort of you know that they've been doing their pest control work. Governor. I'm a working conservationist, and it's rather wonderful. And I was going, wow, look look a peregrine falcon and some chap in the Leeds United shirt. It was a local. He came out.
Speaker 3: I'll be saying them.
Speaker 1: He goes, yeah, the commoner's l here they are, and yeah, it was wonderful. So my dawn chorus was a wood pigeon, colar, dove, peregrine folcon, wonderful. It summed up the game fare for me, is the eclecticism of it. The country writ large.
Speaker 2: It's usually the people that are the eclectic mix, is it not?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there is that, There is there is that I have to say.
Speaker 3: There was.
Speaker 1: That's where the success of the Bingo card, you know, is. I think this was the joy it gave. I think the Bingo card added to the game fare almost as much as the pluck muffins that Hugo Campbell Hill provided. Without that it would have been flat. I'm waiting for the sponsorship deal coming from that. And also they're probably going to get George to do what he did over that gate as part of a main show arena top sort of you know, demonstration gun dogs. George.
Speaker 3: It's like Machinery Nation with their sort of demonstrating electric quad bikes and chain sorts of things. What we need to do is get some sort of agility thing where we get the editors of various rural media publications to do an assault course wearing.
Speaker 4: This is an idea I've spoken about before. I'm sure the Game Fair Olympics. Have we not spoken about this on this very podcast? You know, do some whelly whang in.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes we did, and a bit of and a bit of dwild Flunky you are quite.
Speaker 4: Right games yes, and the editors Steeplechase.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And do you know the final thing I think that we would all agree that, both for guns on Pegs and for Country Slide is it was very gratifying to meet so many of the people who listened to us and keep us coming back each week to do our respective podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, like I said, George, you had a full house. We met so many of our guys out there.
Speaker 2: And it was just lovely and it was so good to put names to Twitter handles and faces to people that you'd only spoken to on WhatsApp chat. Yeah, it's great. Thank you for everyone that came and said hello and had a chat.
Speaker 1: It was really good, excellent.
Speaker 2: I had a moment that the sort of stuff that I used to do when I was much much younger that now usually have to be the responsible one. Yeah, but my plan was to go fishing on the river on the Friday night. But to go fishing on the river, you obviously need it to be light in order to cast a rod into the river. So when when Prudeau broke down in the car, I waited for him for a long period of time.
Speaker 3: I don't like that definition.
Speaker 2: Allegedly. I had a moment where I was like, I don't actually know where I'm sleeping tonight, Oh yes, which I was, which was was quite It was quite wild boy, and a part of me was like, this is the sort of this is the person I used to be, and I like it. There's always a there's always a since being a parent, you've got to be responsible for others, so you can't do stuff like that. But when you're your own person, I was like, I'll be all right, it's fine to not have a plan. I ended up sleeping just behind George's tent in the middle of a campsite at the expense of whoever owns to campsite, which I didn't pay for because there wasn't any room.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was quite fun. We didn't try to be fair. You just walked in and then picture ten and then walked out before they spotted you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were closed in the morning anyway, so yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: So just to sort of round this off, then what was the good, exciting, nice positive thing you saw at the game fair?
Speaker 1: Pizza the Queen. I had no idea. It's a it's a daxond apparently.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't know about this.
Speaker 1: I had no idea what Pizza the Queen was. But Charlie, my son, we were the shuffle drinks thing and he suddenly went, dad, Dad, can you take a photograph of me with this guy? He's really famous? And I looked over at this person. I have no idea where they were, and he had a small dacent with him, and then he handed this small daccent over to Charlie and he made Charlie's whole two days because this dog apparently is pizza the queen who turns out to have four hundred fifty five thousand followers on Instagram, so that makes them very important. And I realized that I am officially old because a dog is more important than me to my son.
Speaker 3: Well maybe that's a given, really, isn't it. Yeah, the dog's tutor, to be fair, George, what about?
Speaker 4: I was very excited to confirm that the Fishing Village isn't actually mythical. I saw it in the distance. I still haven't actually been there, so it could still be a mirage.
Speaker 3: No, oh, did you know know?
Speaker 4: In five years of going to the game fair, I've never once made it as far as the Fishing village, so I still slightly uncertain as to whether it's a real place or not. But I have seen it now it's.
Speaker 3: You only saw it because it was next to the Press Town.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'd say it was twenty percent good. I went all, this is always worth a visit, especially if if you're tempted to buy a really expensive fly rod and you get to play with them, which is always dangerous and fun in equal measures, because eventually, one day you might just have enough of a head injury or something to actually purchase one, or you might just be irresponsible enough. I mean you seem to be quite irresponsible buying a drinking horn for about fully.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't bought the sausage machine for two hundred and fifty quid. I felt I needed to do a little sort of displeasement retail activity.
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with the thing that's girl maths and boy maths. I think that's boy maths because you didn't buy a sausage machine. Spending forty pounds on a drinking horn is basically now free, So that's boy maths.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was good. And the Turrel's fly Fishing place as well. They let you tie all your own flies and teach you how to do stuff and give you all the materials and will guide you and you've got experts there. That is one hundred percent worth going if you're into fly fishing. And also Steve McCracken art. He paints all these these fish and kingfishers and lots of really cool things.
Speaker 3: Clarified. Does he do pictures of or does he go out and put paint through wildlife?
Speaker 2: I think pictures of Well I was talking to him. I was talking to him, and I was saying about how last night I didn't have I didn't have anywhere to sleep, and it was like a bit of a mad one, and he just said he rolled a yoga mat out on the stand and just put an old jacket over him and just slept on the floor. And I was like, well you in that one. So he is truly is a fall while boy, and I quite like him.
Speaker 4: I've got a graffitied fish story, but I think it's probably not for the main show. I think it'll have to be in the in the extra bit next time I'm on, because it's probably actionable.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Richard, what was your what was your exciting or good thing that you saw?
Speaker 3: People I got to see people haven't seen for a year basically, or I haven't seen you know. We only with see each other at events or empassing. And it's actually Saturday night whilst you well, well you were going home and George was pretending to be I think it's more sort of George Laizembie than Roger Moore. I put to the Big House and Callum was cooking for four thousand people. By the looks of it, I was. We broke into the exhibitors party, and I just spent a really good evening with people I haven't seen for a long time, and friends old and new. And I've committed us as a podcast to missed. I've committed us to what is basically quite a few things. And now I'm getting messages all over the placing. Are we still onto that thing we discovered discussed on Saturday night? And I have to gamble now to say yes. Yeah. Well I don't know, because these all these people seem to know and I don't. So if I committed to something else Saturday night, let me know, because that night ended up with drinking gin out of someone's drinking horn on the I think we're on bleeped stand, And yes we were. That was where we finished up. So we're seeing people's seeing people haven't seen for a long time. And Amy bought one of those wax skirts, those waxed cotton skirts, which you'll be seeing in photos at some point, no doubt, No, Calum, you're not going to wear one, right.
Speaker 2: And there was there was somebody we were missing.
Speaker 3: Yes, important person, which I don't know how sort of how far we go into this, but if one of our sort of wider network of people. Glenn, who is on the Bingo card, is a bit little bit poorly at the moment. He will be absolutely fine, I am sure. But if everybody could have really good thoughts about our very good friend Glenn, that would be that'd be amazing, because he's a lovely person despite the way he acts, despite himself.
Speaker 1: He's lovely.
Speaker 2: His sausage dog's lovely too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like his sausage dog. I've got We've got the T shirt, haven't we. Anyway, On that note, bye bye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye. By driver