Speaker 1: Let's go. Here we go. It's another one of those crazy free beer Fridays. Tons of tickets to the anniversary show. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, Ye.
Speaker 2: Ride ry, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show checking in at full strength. Free Friday. Every beer winner is getting an extra six pack of tickets. Six tickets to.
Speaker 3: The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 1: Never has Free Beer Friday been so important?
Speaker 3: Straight up in six, seven, eight, and nine, we'll have tickets for you in Homeroom two on the Fun Fact flashback. Speaking of Homeroom, Abby going for win number three, fresh out of bed, Head to Head Challenge three day weekend passes to acl Music Festival.
Speaker 1: We got those for you at.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty breaking Benjamin staying Daughtry tickets at eight twenty.
Speaker 1: We're going to be busy.
Speaker 3: Two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card twenty days celebrating twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have it for you.
Speaker 4: On No the Show.
Speaker 3: Last thing we do before we get out of here. All right, let's take a look at this weekend. Where the hell is this cold front? Let me see here? Well, let's take a lot. Thirty percent chance of rain today, high of ninety Okay, that's cooling off Saturday, cloudy high of eighty eight. Okay, cooling off tomorrow. Car show tomorrow Sunday sunny, ten percent chance of rain, high of ninety four. All those visiting people from Buffalo will be very happy about that.
Speaker 1: Ninety four degrees. I don't know that we will hear. All right, let's go. What are Houston's headlines? Please? Good morning, Hi, Good morning Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 5: So, Hurricane Helene is now classified as the deadliest storm to hate the mainland US since Hurricane Katrina.
Speaker 1: Officials say at least two hundred and.
Speaker 5: Fifty p will have died due to the storm that slammed the southeast a week ago.
Speaker 6: More than half of the deaths. We're in North Carolina.
Speaker 5: And flooding has just devastated areas there. The death toll will likely continue to go up because hundreds of people are still missing from this storm. This is an epic proportion storm. We're going to continue to talk about it here in Houston. Houston is home to the Texas zip codes with the most individual contributors to the GOP.
Speaker 6: And Democratic presidential campaigns.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 5: Federal election data shows that the seven seven zero zero five zip code, which is like West University Rice Village, had the most individual donations to Biden and Harris, while the seven seven to two four zip code, which is like Memorial Villages, had the most individual donations to Trump. I thought that was very interesting. We are in election season right now. Nearly forty million dollars has been donated statewide to the two campaigns, so more than half of that going to Trump. All right, since we're trying talking about money, let's talk about Halloween spending. It's expected to reach eleven point six billion dollars. According to the National Retail Federation they always release their annual report on Halloween spending. Consumers are expected to drop that eleven billion dollars, seventy two percent of them planning to celebrate and spend an average of one hundred and three dollars per person. That's an increasing number of shoppers that are starting their Halloween purchases earlier this year, so they're spending before October.
Speaker 1: I thought you could just do all your Halloween stuff for like twelve bucks. Right, Oh, yeah, where's that report?
Speaker 5: Halloween degrees for Halloween decorations have also seen substantial growth, while spending on decor increase forty two percent, So people want to decorate that. This is a change we've seen from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, I saw your little crush there.
Speaker 5: Cidney Sweeney has been included in Glamour magazines Women of the Year edition. Serena Williams also here on this list. Pamela Anderson. You have Olympian Sunny Lee, Alison Felix, Taraji p Henson on this list. And four famous moms Tina Knowles, Donna Kelce, Maggie Baird. That's Billy Eilish's mom. Billy and Phineas there and then Mandy Teefe who is Selena Gomus's mother.
Speaker 6: They are on the Women.
Speaker 7: Of the Year.
Speaker 3: Everyone got their own cover. There's a link up for that. You can go check that out on the world famous Oh Wait for Fans.
Speaker 5: Three Days Grace is once again whole. Adam Gantier, who co founded the band but left in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 6: Has rejoined the group. That's right.
Speaker 1: The band post of the announcement on their.
Speaker 5: Official IG saying we're excited to announce the official return of Adam's vocals in three days Grace, and they revealed that Matt Wast, who has been the group's lead singer since he left, we'll stay on as.
Speaker 1: Co lead vocalist. Those are Houston's headlines. Okay, what you got over there?
Speaker 8: Hold?
Speaker 9: On Thursday Night football, the Falcons got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty six to thirty. Falcons quarterback Kirk Cousins had kid Daro Hodge for a forty five yard touchdown to win the game. Texans are gonna try and copy the Falcons and win on Sunday when they host Rod Ryan's Buffalo Bills at the ERG Stadium.
Speaker 1: Bills come into this as one point favorites.
Speaker 9: Kickoff is going to be at noon and you can watch the game on CBS.
Speaker 1: That's probably the game of the week. I would imagine in the.
Speaker 3: NFL, Juggernauts in the AFC facing off against one.
Speaker 9: ANOTHERFC Championship previews, some might say, maybe, some might say. Some notable college games on the schedule this weekend. U of h He's going to play TCU tonight at six thirty. You can watch it on ESPN and tomorrow A and M is going to host ninth ranked Missouri Ohio State up play Iowa, and we got a rematch of last year's national championship game as number ten Michigan takes on Washington at six thirty.
Speaker 1: You can watch that one on NBC.
Speaker 9: In playoff baseball, Mets came back to gart Brewers forty two in Game three. They're Wildcoad two. It was a pretty crazy comeback though. I had this in Thursday Night Football on Pete Alonzo. The Mets comes up to bat, they're they're down to their final outs, and at the top of the ninth it's a home run opposite side of the field and saves the Mets season advances into the next round.
Speaker 1: The Visional Series starts tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Tigers at Guardians is at twelve o eight, Phillies at Mets is at three, Yankees versus Royals at five thirty, and Padres Dodgers is at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Stop trying to make me care. I'm just recording. I'm not saying you have to care. Just look at here less now, don't care about baseball. For saying baseball down our throat, Yes, what's wrong with you all? Right, let's go, guys, a six pack of rod Ryan. What are you gonna do with six tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party? You want? It's crazy? It is loco Free beer Friday Today, Let's get rolling. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 10: Bam Friday's free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 11: You got a free.
Speaker 10: Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and right Bam Bronda.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 12: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: What's up? Who's this?
Speaker 12: My name is Chad.
Speaker 3: I asked the question when we got rolling today, said, what the hell is anybody going to.
Speaker 1: Do with six tickets?
Speaker 3: I understand wanting a pair of tickets, but six tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party?
Speaker 13: Even four?
Speaker 1: Everybody's got like a couple of pales you want to bring? Chad? If you were the winner, what are you gonna do with these six tickets?
Speaker 12: I guess I had to bring my whole family out, sisters, brother in law's everything.
Speaker 3: God, I mean, there's enough of that going on the holidays around the corner.
Speaker 1: You're gonna you're gonna see all that family. He let me think of them, then, all right.
Speaker 12: Make me act like I'm friendly.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, hey, your call her ten dude.
Speaker 12: Hell yeah, I was trying to go out film the last night. I was five minutes late. I couldn nugget in. It was so packed up.
Speaker 1: The next it was crazy packed up there. It was so insane. Parky's is the coolest place, by the way. All right, I'll tell you tell us.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I'll tell you about it. It was really, really fun last night. So I appreciate you trying to get out there. I realized it was absolutely standing Romoli and that place is huge.
Speaker 1: That place is huge. Chad, a six I'm sorry, a case of beer from.
Speaker 3: Specs and a six pack of tickets for the rod Ryan Showed twenty anniversary party.
Speaker 1: But they're yours.
Speaker 12: Thank y'all very much. I appreciate it. Can't wait, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, dude.
Speaker 3: You just you couldn't turn in, You couldn't get into the parking lot.
Speaker 1: What was the sitch last night? Yeah?
Speaker 12: They one of us go far across the street. I was, oh, my dad, I couldn't convince him to go across.
Speaker 1: He was like, wait, going Yeah, that a that a task of Sita Boulevard is out.
Speaker 3: It's pretty busy. You want to be walking across that. It was insane. It was so nuts last night.
Speaker 1: All right, Chad, thank you. I'm glad it worked out for you. We'll see you. Next Saturday is the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. So Porky's is so cool.
Speaker 3: The bar itself is this huge barn and it's big though, and there's.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a huge, huge place. They've got an upstairs.
Speaker 3: They want to start doing comedy shows they got I guess I didn't even.
Speaker 1: See cause I got more as soon as I got there.
Speaker 3: It was just mayhem, seventeen food trucks seazing. So think about the guy that Think about the guy that built this place. Okay, he owns the dirt. He puts this huge bar in there. He's like, hmm, I should get people to pay for my bar. So he rents out the spaces for the food trucks. The food trucks are probably carrying the.
Speaker 1: Note for the whole place. Ye, no kitchen.
Speaker 3: He's just got beers everywhere and it's huge and tons of like it was.
Speaker 1: A lot of families were there there was a ton of little kids. I had London out there.
Speaker 3: How many food trucks had lenon eat from just the one, just the one, ten Dy's.
Speaker 1: I could see her going through. But they had everything like from Tendy's to sushi to you name it, like gourmet, but yes, seventeen food trucks and you pay to be there. And then I'm talking to the owner. I'm like, this is so genius, this is genius.
Speaker 3: And he's got this huge plot of land out there, and like Chad just said, he couldn't even get in. And I understand the place is pretty packed when we're not there, but it was insanely packed last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 3: We gave peep, we gave away fifty pair of tickets, just a lot of a lot of awesome people.
Speaker 1: It was. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: We'll talk more about it, but I'm up against the break already. Guys, man, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Nobody better than Chad over here with his six pack of tickets. We're gonna do what we just did with him straight up at seven, eight and nine. I do have an additional pair of anniversary party tickets on the Fun Fact Flashback. But of course we got to get into the fresh out of bed head to head today and it's gonna be a great one. It's gonna be a great one before we turn you loose on this weekend on the Flip Gonna Reck check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll hear from Abby.
Speaker 8: Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, brod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Great time out there last night at the Porky's.
Speaker 3: You guys in Humble really really showed us a lot of love out there, and uh man, it's greatly appreciated.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh thir chance of rain today with some scattered thunderstorms expected highs of around ninety Tomorrow the high will be eighty eight. Cloudy skies. What do we got tomorrow? Tomorrow morning is the Boobs Rock Car Show. We're gonna be off at two ninety and up there by well six and two ninety Okay, I think that's Highway six there. We're gonna be at Mancuso Harley Davidson tomorrow morning. Starting around, people are asking what time, what time like nine to one, nine.
Speaker 1: To one thirty, Come on out join us.
Speaker 3: Am I bringing tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Is the Frog's ass water tight? The answer is.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't want I will leave any not leaving that open to interpretation. Yes, it's water tight, and I'll have tickets. What's trending?
Speaker 1: Eminem is going to be a Grandpa.
Speaker 3: I think everybody's seeing that video by well maybe not. It's on the music blog page, but talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 5: Hailey Jade, his daughter is twenty eight years old, and there's a new music video is very intimate, and in it she reveals that she's pregnant.
Speaker 1: So can you imagine.
Speaker 3: Well, she hands him I think it's a Detroit Lions football jersey and inside is the Sonogram Monogram Ultra inside the picture and it says Grandpa. The name on the back of the jersey says Grandpa. So it's pretty great.
Speaker 1: Really really kept the videos on the music blog page. Also okay.
Speaker 5: Taylor Swift dropped a merch line that she named after a line in her song The Alchemy, which is about her boyfriend Travis Kelsey and it's his birthday this month, so the line house is called greatest in the league.
Speaker 9: And yeah, he doesn't have any touchdows this year, not the greatest.
Speaker 5: But therefore now and tomorrow is his birthday, So you guys, be a little nicer.
Speaker 1: Just be a little nicer.
Speaker 5: The Fanny Friday is the one A look at that.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, really both of us, Oh my goodness, Alex, you looked at it and up on Twitter we posted.
Speaker 5: It and I was just like, well, Alex, that's what's trending on ninety five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lada, let's go get it. You're anyone, not specifically lad. Your leader likes your later leader has approved. She got a nice ladele.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody. This is Abby your fresh out of bang head ahead stay two champions. You heard it two questions too.
Speaker 1: Answer, Yeah, looks like I got it.
Speaker 11: Join me on your free beer Friday when I make it win number three seven, one, three.
Speaker 1: Two, two, five, nine four five. If you think you can beat at that, that that that that that that that maybe you.
Speaker 14: Are listening to the Ron Ryan Show on free Beer Friday, it right, crick it drigg.
Speaker 1: It must be ninety four five. Also look to another one the bus ninety four five to the bus that's breaking, Benjamin, you've probably heard them before. Have you heard of Stained? Do you know Daughtry?
Speaker 3: Well, they're all playing, they're all out on tour right now, and they're going to be here in twenty days October twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: They're playing the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 3: I haven't looked at the full schedule yet, but that's got to be one of the last shows of the season out of the Woodlands. What an incredible What I'm guessing is I don't know. I never see like facts and figures from the Woodlands. They don't provide that to me. At least it had to be a record. I mean, that was just ridiculous amount of shows. Yeah, I mean the Woodlands was NonStop. There were shows and not everything sold out, but a lot of shows sold out. I didn't we We did a report a couple of years ago. Woodlands was maybe the most profitable outdoor venue.
Speaker 1: I believe so. I remember that story outdoor live music venue.
Speaker 3: I think they made more money than any when they call them sheds in the industry. I think it was the most profitable one in the us. Oh shit, Hey guys, let's just play a game.
Speaker 14: Let's go and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Let's get Abby out here.
Speaker 7: Abby, Hey, good morning, Abbie.
Speaker 3: Let's get this done. Let's get you in the Hall of Fame. There's only ten people in the Hall of Fame. I know you're only going for win number three.
Speaker 1: But let's just go.
Speaker 3: Okay, two questions to answers like you did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Just do that. I need better than that. The try thing, okay, the try thing.
Speaker 3: A famous coach once his name was Hal Lind and he's talking and he's talking to his son's hockey team, and he said, do you know that the difference between boiling water and steam is one degree?
Speaker 1: I need that one degree? Abby?
Speaker 15: Hell?
Speaker 1: Did I do it right?
Speaker 4: Pretty close?
Speaker 1: It worked out pretty close. You're in meaning meaning it wasn't close? All right? You're taking on Ray, sweet baby Ray? Yes, sir, Hey, how are you? I'm doing wonderful? How about you? Awesome?
Speaker 3: The difference between boiling water and steam is one degree, Ray, sweet baby Ray. I understand you've never played I understand you've never played this game before.
Speaker 1: First time. Dude, we love fresh fish. Fresh fish. Sister gives name. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I love the sticky plantains, but I love fresh fish. Did you hear Ebbie Yesterday? She destroyed that dude destroyed man eater.
Speaker 15: Yah, she's pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna have to be quicker, Ray, sweet baby, what are they playing for?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets see the who Hu. They're gonna be at the House of Blues November fifteen.
Speaker 3: And when I see the who, I'll tell him the difference between boiling water, yes, and steam is one degree. Maybe I'll give a pep talk before the show. Abby, Ray, Ray, you just shouted out your name. Okay, okay, all right, here we go. This is the game on. Here we go. What is the difference between boiling water?
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. That's not the question. That is not the question. Sorry, sorry, Hell, I'm ruining your bit.
Speaker 3: What hooting bird is the symbol of wisdom?
Speaker 7: Abby?
Speaker 1: Abby?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was gonna say, somebody's got to do it. What hooting bird is the symbol of wisdom In many cultures.
Speaker 1: The owl.
Speaker 3: Also slang for boobs hooters. Yeah, yeah, what, well, let's do this.
Speaker 1: What do you call the days off from work you get to travel? Okay, Abby, go for it the weekend? No, no, no, I won't. I'm not gonna allow that.
Speaker 3: A sweet baby Ray. What do you call the days off of work that you get to travel?
Speaker 9: Vacation?
Speaker 1: The vacation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna get some emails on that.
Speaker 11: That's okay, last weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to fight.
Speaker 4: Do I have to fight?
Speaker 16: You?
Speaker 1: Amby used to like you. He still likes you. He's just passionate about this. Well, because sweet baby Rays on the board. Now we got a little bit of a game here.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go for the win, Sweet Baby Ray, you gotta take a cut here, bro, she ain't gonna hand that game to you.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: What is stuffed with straw and made to resemble? Okay, I don't know if she's got enough, Abby, what's the answer A scarecrow?
Speaker 1: She got enough, She got it off. She had every bit of word and that she needed. Uh, Sweet baby Ray?
Speaker 3: What is stuffed with straw made to resemble a human figure to frighten birds away from crops?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a lot of questions, a lot of questions. It's like four questions I.
Speaker 3: Feel Scarecrow was the correct answer. Sweet Baby Ray, goodbye. I love your barbecue sauce. Abby. All right, I guess we're still pals. That was win number three. You're going to see the who the hu? I'm gonna ask you, would you like to come on Monday and Tuesday and play with us?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, let's come on. Let's keep that going. All right, let's keep that winning going.
Speaker 9: Hang up, No, he is the scariest morning show on the planet.
Speaker 14: You're listening to The Rod Ryan Show. Last on ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Here we go, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. On this free beer Friday.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to another case of beer coming up very very soon. As a matter of fact, we'll do it straight up at seven o'clock. Thank you Specs for the beers, and then, uh well, thank you rod for a six pack tickets.
Speaker 1: I came up with that all on my own.
Speaker 3: Why don't we give an extra six pack with every case of beer?
Speaker 1: That's six pack being?
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets straight up at seven, eight, and nine. Also coming up on the Fun Fact Flashback Anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 14: But first, fresh out of bed head to head challenge, here's your current championing.
Speaker 11: Everybody, this is Abby. You're fresh out of bed head to head Day three champions and now we all know the difference between seam and boiling water. And if you don't, it's one degree. Join me on Monday when I make it win number four? Did you?
Speaker 1: How did Abby do on that line?
Speaker 4: She was much better than year, better than me.
Speaker 1: How did she?
Speaker 3: I'm a professional broadcaster, I speak for a living. She did it better than me.
Speaker 4: How you don't shoot the messenger?
Speaker 5: I mean I'm only hard because I think that thought at least five.
Speaker 6: Times a day.
Speaker 1: How would you tell your boys that? How would they when you were coaching?
Speaker 3: When you were coaching Will and he was, you're there and you're getting ready for the big game.
Speaker 1: He can't say that on the air. How would you do it?
Speaker 17: I can say most of it. I mean you're giving it an effort. It's like a two hundred and eleven The difference between steaming boiling water is two hundred and eleven degrees versus two twelve one degree?
Speaker 4: Can just push it up one more?
Speaker 5: Give me more, Britney spears, I say. Britney Smears said, give me, give.
Speaker 1: Me more to run through a wall.
Speaker 5: Right now, I gotta go, I gotta go work out.
Speaker 1: I just went from six to noon, but not tonight. You were born to play hockey. I'm sorry that ten times they might win nine, but not tonight. Sorry. What we're doing right now, I'm going to skate with them is a miracle. It's miracle. It's miracle.
Speaker 3: And apparently coach her Brooks what was done in the movie Miracle was almost exactly what he said to the boys that night before they played the Russians.
Speaker 1: A Thrawway game in Rochester. If you haven't seen the movie Miracle yet, it's musty. It's the fuck back to the day. Here we go. We make you look smart.
Speaker 18: Everybody's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 1: Alright, to run us some new fun facts for you guys today. Back in in the nineteen seventies, a product was made its debut. It was chunk Stuffers. Maybe how I don't know, I gotta go to you chunk Stuffers. In the seventies, chunk Stuffers.
Speaker 4: I wasn't paying attention.
Speaker 3: They weren't moving any units, so they changed the name to hot Pockets.
Speaker 6: God, I ate my fair share of those.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: I had a moment with those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think everybody did for a while. So good the peppery pizza and they have a cheese. Here's another brilliant marketing decision.
Speaker 3: Crayola, Crayola Crayons, Crown Crayons, Crowns. Crayola released a of food scented crayons in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: That is fo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were called Magic scent. The wax sticks came in coconut, cherry, and licorice. Now, we already had a problem with kids eating crayons, and then they made them food scented, big, big problem.
Speaker 1: By ninety five, they were done.
Speaker 3: Okay, they were done. They took them off the market. Parents. Obviously at least ten kids documented were eating the crayons, so they changed the scents to be less appetizing. So brown, for example, went from chocolate.
Speaker 1: To careful dirt. Ah. Final fun fact for you today.
Speaker 4: I wonder if green was like a sparagust.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, spinach grass, green beans? Are we gonna be here all day?
Speaker 4: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Next fun fact. Portland, Oregon was named by flipping a coin that's neat rud. Have any more on that.
Speaker 9: Yes, I thought you were gonna say Ports after Ports.
Speaker 1: So the other name option was Boston.
Speaker 3: The two guys that founded the city, one was from Boston, Massachusetts, the other from Portland, Maine. The guy from Maine won the toss, and now we have the city of Portland, Oregon. Now you guys know all that.
Speaker 18: It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart, funny. Every buddy's this the fuck thats to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, tell everybody what you got.
Speaker 5: I've got a pair of passes. The twentieth anniversary party for the Rod Ryan Show at Carbock Brewery.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, little cute kid, don't remember his name.
Speaker 3: It was very busy last night, comes up to me and the mom's like, come on.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, ask him, ask him.
Speaker 3: And I just figured, you know, he was gonna sing me the free Beer Friday song.
Speaker 1: A lot of kids will do that. Okay, what do you do?
Speaker 3: And he said, what were today's fun facts? Nice because apparently he missed him, and I was like, oh dude, I'm on the spot and there's a million people waiting in line to take pictures and talk and I'm like, oh my god, I do.
Speaker 1: Remember one, okay, okay, And I told him what it was. But now I'm gonna ask you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna use the same one because I told the kid, I said, I'm gonna use this tomorrow morning to win tickets.
Speaker 1: So you call in or have your mom call in.
Speaker 3: What country Star country legend once held the record for buying the world's largest round of drinks. He bought over five thousand shots at Billy Bob's honky Tonk in Texas back in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one fact I could remember for this little kid is the shot record. The shot record bought by a country legend. It's a good story. And the kid went, oh cool. Yeah, He's like, oh, is that the record that stood for thirty four years?
Speaker 3: I go, yep, that's the one, dude, I'm looking for. The country Star seven one, three, four five.
Speaker 1: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Kat.
Speaker 3: I couldn't remember any other one from yesterday, but that's the one I'm asking about now to join us for the twentieth anniversary party. So good luck, Chile, Hi, money guy, what do you got over there?
Speaker 17: Gave a little back on Wall Street that dad was down one hundred and eighty four points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and eleven, Nasdaq down six to seventeen, Thoy nine to eighteen. Benchmark ten year Treasury stands at a three point eighty five percent, and oil stands at seventy four dollars fifty five cents of Barrow. Two of the most actives of the big studs IBM, Salesforce and Chevron. The big duds Merk, Boeing and Amazon on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get the new unemployment numbers for September right now, futures.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're on the upside. Hang onto this the pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 17: This is hal In Mintage Director with Raymon James, Porty Slay, The rod Ryn Show, Raymond jameson sand Fluet Ben Augusta and don't forget doys.
Speaker 4: Rock out with your Stockout.
Speaker 16: Means expressed those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon, James and associates. Income Ever, NYT as, IBC, IART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not jaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your m becase programs are an educational and informational services on LINKSTO.
Speaker 8: It's based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show, Big Ticket Here, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 9: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hi?
Speaker 15: Did you Janet?
Speaker 1: Hi? Janet? How are you? Oh?
Speaker 19: I'm great, all right, I do.
Speaker 5: Know if I fucking you the radio?
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh, Hi, Hi, Hello, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, good morning, good morning, good morning. Okay, it sounds like we maybe need to take a big deep breath here. I'm going to do it too. Okay, big deep breath. Breathe in, now, breathe out. Let's do that one more time, Janet with me. Breathe in, hold it, hold it, hold it, pass it to Alex. All right now, breath out. Okay, I'm feeling a lot better. You're feeling better?
Speaker 15: Oh, me too, me too.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: This country legend once held the record for buying the world's largest round of drinks. What country legend? Oh, we're doing this by the way, sure see I'm excited to deep breath, another deep breath. Okay, what's the country legend that bought all those shots?
Speaker 1: The one and only Merle Haggard. Oh my god, are you going to the Rob Ryan Show A twentieth anniversary party?
Speaker 19: Oh my god, you're going to the right ye shot twentieth anniversary party next Saturday at the car Park Brewer Goday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I will be so I'm good.
Speaker 20: That's note.
Speaker 3: Wait all right, Janet, So Merle bought five ninety five shots.
Speaker 1: You only have to buy four thousand. Okay, that's oh okay, cool. You know what, Hey, just one.
Speaker 3: For everybody, So let's go, let's go. I don't know who's coming, but twenty five hundred people. You have to buy twenty five hundred shots for everybody?
Speaker 1: All right? Oh my god, congratulator, congratulations. Oh my god.
Speaker 15: I cannot believe it on any game.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited to hear you.
Speaker 3: I really, really am excited for you. All I need you to do is hang on, chill. He's gonna get some info and then you're in. You're a lock next Saturday. Okay, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, I've only got to freaking out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, so much. Oh my godt me freaking out.
Speaker 15: I'll see you next Saturday.
Speaker 11: Rod.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Janet, thank you, Janet, thank you, thank you. I'm great at that.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was one after another after another last night at Porky's. It's just people are so excited about winning these tickets. We've never really done anything like this before where you have to I mean, I guess we did it at the ten year anniversary, but this one's just been way.
Speaker 1: It's just on a next level. Is this Mearl Haggard?
Speaker 3: Because I don't think I could just sing a Merle Haggard song off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Could you think I could?
Speaker 6: I got it, you know, I don't.
Speaker 5: I need the names of the songs. I need the set list and then I can tell you which then I can sing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Merle Haggard. That was a great fun fact. All right, Let's let's get right into uh Houston headlines here. Let's look at the weather of this weekend. Scattered thunderstorms about a thirty percent chance today with party cloudy skies going to keep it a little cooler ninety degrees Tomorrow. Is the car show. I want to talk about that next hour. Ten percent chance of rain. So we're good and a little bit cooler out there, Hive about eighty eight, and then we got a big game here football. Have you ever heard of the Texans. They're taking on the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: I have heard of.
Speaker 3: This Bill's Mafia is coming to town. They're invading Christian's tailgate in Midtown on Saturday.
Speaker 1: So they're taking over Midtown. That's gonna be an And.
Speaker 3: Then they're all going to be acting a fool in the parking lot, you know out there. I don't know if I don't know where the official Bill's Mafia is.
Speaker 1: I think they're in the Orange lot. But I'm going to this game. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: So Sunday ninety four sunny, low chances of rain, big weekend here in Houston, and then we've got a test of keeping us abreast of all the headlines.
Speaker 1: What you got? Yeah, there's some serious stuff going on. I mean, officials are saying the.
Speaker 5: Death toll from Hurricane Helen has past the two hundred mark and that that number will likely rise. More than half the deaths have been in the North Carolinas. In North Carolinas, including at least seventy two in the Asheville area and then I believe Buncombe County area, that's where one of the hardest hit places. President Biden survey damage in Florida and Georgia yesterday, but they're saying no now officially. You know, Helene is the deadliest storm to hit mainland United States since Hurricane Katrina. So a storm of epic proportions. That's what we're talking about this morning. Also, the striking dock workers and management have reached an agreement that will prevent a prolonged strike. Members of the International Longshoreman's Association and management groups are agreeing to extend the expired contract until January fifteenth.
Speaker 6: Right now, around fifty thousand union.
Speaker 5: Members working from Maine to Texas walked off the job. They did that early Tuesday morning and had those ships just idling out there on our coastline. So hopefully they can come on in and start unloading on those docks.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, tortilla chips, aren't you know, cheap?
Speaker 5: So do you ever stretch a bag by like getting the crumbs and trying to dip them into the salsa, like when you're towards the bottom.
Speaker 1: So let me just tell you a little something about fat Boy. Okay, there's never been a bag of chips where I feel I feel so much shame. But there's never been a bag of chips in my life that I've been around that I didn't grab the corner, grab the edge and straighten it out and put it to my mouth and get all the there's no chip left behind. Yeah, so yeah, of course I eat all that stuff. Okay, Well, tostito say.
Speaker 5: There's a new trend on social media called salsa cereal, and apparently wide receiver Julian Edelman, former wanted wide receiver, has done this for a while.
Speaker 1: So you take a handful.
Speaker 5: Of tortilla chips, you crush them in noble and then you top it with salsa. It's salsa cereal and it's a great hack. It sounds dely. This is not something that grosses me out at all.
Speaker 1: No, but it sounds like a bit of a stretch here.
Speaker 5: I do a chip cup at work. Sometimes they'll be like leftovers. They'll bring in stuff and I just crush them in a cup and then I just top it with salsa and I eat it with the spoon.
Speaker 3: It sounds like something you would do when you got dropped off of your uber and you're waisted. You go to your fridge and you grab salsa, sour cream, cheese, crushed chips, and you think, I just invented the greatest mashup of all time.
Speaker 5: You could do that sober and it's still the greatest mashup at all time.
Speaker 1: No, but the disgust I feel with myself when I do that.
Speaker 5: Garth Brooks is denying accusations of sexual assault. So this is a breaking news story this morning. A hair and makeup artists identifying herself only as Jane row Jane Doe. It says Row here. I don't think that's right, she's claiming. The country music legend R worded her. In twenty nineteen in a Los Angeles hotel, Brooks had filed a lawsuit anonymously like in an effort to stop her from publicly repeating the allegations. Like he didn't even want this to be said out loud. He doesn't want his name associated with this. But it is out there and now they're gonna, you know, they've got to they've got to get to the bottom of this. So Garth Brooks in under the microscript this morning. For sure, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced yesterday a pretty long list of artists who will honor Ozzy Osbourne for his induction later this month. Jack Black will be presenting, and a whole bunch of people are performing, So Billy Idol, Chad Smith or the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wolfye, Wolfgang Halen Van Halen will perform, You.
Speaker 1: Got Jelly Roll Andrew Watt. The Rock Hall also.
Speaker 5: Announced that Kelly Clarkson is gonna perform an honor a foreigner, so the ceremony will air live on Disney Plus October nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I guess that means Ozzie's not performing. You know, normally when they go in.
Speaker 1: They'll do a couple of their songrass.
Speaker 5: So let them rass everyone else performs them.
Speaker 6: It's got to preserve any energy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll get to it in a second.
Speaker 9: But on Thursday n Football last night, the Falcons got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty six to thirty. Falcons quarterback Kirk Cousins hit Cadaryl Hodge for a forty five yard touchdown to win it. Then you can see this on the sports blog page. Today, there was a viral thing that went. They kind of went off last weekend with Kirk Cousins when they were talking about moving to Atlanta. He's this is his first year there and they were like, you.
Speaker 1: You swagged surfing.
Speaker 9: He was like, oh, yeah, they've got that song, which is a song we're playing right and it's like the song with the swag and the surf.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that was pretty neat. He's awesome, a very white guy awesome.
Speaker 5: Right, so genuinely Jorki and also like an assassin.
Speaker 1: You like that, You like that? Yeah, so I love him. Yeah.
Speaker 9: He throws the game winning touchdown pass, it walks off, walks it off against the Bucks, and then he hits the swag surf to the fans in the field. It was pretty funny. It's already a gift. It's taken over Twitter. He's also check it out on the sports blog page today. Shout out to Kirk Cousins. Texans are gonna try and improve to four and one on Sunday when they host the Buffalo Bills at Energy Stadium. Texans are one point underdogs coming into this game. Kickoff is going to be at noon and you can watch the game on CBS.
Speaker 1: You go into this.
Speaker 3: I am going to the game, and I'm just gonna tell you all of your little tailgate tables, none of them are safe. Okay, we're coming to town. We're coming to the lots. You're We're coming to the lots. Not this weekend?
Speaker 1: Are you wearing your bills jersey?
Speaker 3: I'm going full bills supports the team. Going full bills Texas makes sense. Born and born and bre born and race.
Speaker 9: Come on, Nordle college games on the schedule this weekend. Tonight, U of eight is gonna play TCU at six thirty.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on ESPN.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow, twenty fifth ranked A and M is gonna host number nine Missouri at eleven.
Speaker 1: That'll be on ABC.
Speaker 9: And the big game of the weekend is a National championship rematch with number tenth ranked Michigan taking on Washington. That's gonna kick off at six thirty. You can watch it on NBC and playoff baseball. The Mets came back to beat the Brewers four to two in Game three of their wild card series yesterday. The divisional series starts tomorrow. Tigers at Guardians is at noon. Phillies versus Mets is that three Yankees play with Royals at five thirty, and Padres and Dodgers wrapped things up at seven point thirty.
Speaker 1: That this is going on in sports.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Fee Bam Friday.
Speaker 10: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Man, right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: Right right?
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Well, hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: This is Stevens Street.
Speaker 1: Your collar ten broke. Congrats, you are also right. You're so right.
Speaker 3: You are not only correct, but you got a case of beer and a six pack a rot Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a six pack. It's a little money. What am I not realized, Stephen? What am I not realizing? Here? Make me realize?
Speaker 15: I called probably a thousand nimes.
Speaker 1: And the passion bought as a rookie numbers.
Speaker 15: Yeah, my daughter just makes fun of me every morning when I take her to school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he comes, here comes the five thousand call club saying all right, get this guy out of here. Okay, this guy only called a thousand times. That's it.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, And then you and five of your friends or family or you do what you want. It is an all ages thing. A lot of people beat me up for set times and that we don't have that. I can tell you that the doors open at three. Music's gonna shut down nine ish, and then I wanted to, like have I wanted to have another hour to chill afterwards with everybody, So ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: So the party is three to ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, all right, bro, see you and all your friends, Stephen, everybody love you. Mean it when I say it, thank you, that's Stephen Beer Winter number two six pack winner number two. Will do it again eight, and we'll do it again at nine.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: A lot of you, and I know there's probably more of you awake, you know, awakening from the party last night.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: I took six thousand pictures about ten or fifteen. If you sent me pictures that we took.
Speaker 1: If we took a picture last night, man, send it over to me. Man, I'd love to see it.
Speaker 4: I just did.
Speaker 1: I didn't have time to snap pictures and it was just busy Porky's mayhem, and then you were like Porky's and am too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, London was there. So when I when I booked the gig. I'm like, yeah, Thursday night, boom, we'll do this. We'll have a great time. I looked at the HISD schedule, the one that they put out at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Maria mention of London being off of school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 5: We had a tour of kids come in to the Cape to KPRC yesterday and Derek was like, why aren't you guys in school and they were like, IT'SHC, we're off day and tomorrow fall break.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like, there's some random Monday coming up that they're off. These kids that they did they go to school, so yeah. So it was so it was like a dad duty thing. So I got to like keep her busy. So I got her doing working t shirts again. So she's working and then and then she sees some little girl that's around her age.
Speaker 1: She's like, Daddy, can I just play with her. I'm like, no, you're working for me. You're working right now. You can't just quit your job or play time.
Speaker 3: But I want to play with her. So then they just started running. So I'm like, okay, just run, just run so that you sleep all the way home from Humble and I don't mind, I'll carry up.
Speaker 1: To bed, go to sleep. It was great last night. It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: And everybody's excited because now and people are getting nervous and panic is hitting in because the twentieth anniversary party is next Saturday. So let's not skip over what we're doing tomorrow. It is our Boobs Rock Car Show and we're going to be at the Harley Davidson Dealership MANCUSO. It's the Crossroads location, so it's right where Chili, next to that academy, Highway six and two ninety. You get off at the Highway six exit and then boom, you boogie right in. We're going to be out there. And you heard from Sean last week during open phones. Man, he's got this thing set up. Man, the top twenty vehicles are going to get, you know, be recognized. And I guess the thing that everybody wants to know is am I bringing out tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party? Yeah? The other question is like who's coming. We're all coming. We'll all be there at some point, all of us there the rod Ryan Show. So come on out and join us for the car Show tomorrow. It looks like weather is going to be awesome. It says ten percent chance of rain, cloudy, high of eighty eight. It's the best day of the weekend. Okay, So it's an all ages event. You bring the whole family. It's different all the time. Usually there's a couple of food trucks out there. You know, if you go, you gotta feed, you gotta eat.
Speaker 5: And this was a coffee one last time was there. It was like coffee and treats. I remember, so ooh, coffee sounds perfect.
Speaker 1: So there's some of.
Speaker 3: That, but I mean, you know, you bring a bottle of water with you and you just you crews around and.
Speaker 1: You look at all the cars.
Speaker 3: Amazing what you guys do and gals do with these vehicles.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. And I love I love him. The husband and white my favorite thing is.
Speaker 3: And there's one in particular, but it's more than one, but there's one in particular. There's a husband and wife and they're sitting by the car and they're wearing like matching like satin jackets that are the exact same color as their car, and him and her are sitting there.
Speaker 1: She wants me to know this is my car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I want you to know, like you know, Pops is sitting right next to her.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's not his. This is my car.
Speaker 6: He's not a mechanic.
Speaker 1: Yeah she does. She does most of the work on it too. This is I just want you to know, this is my car. I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that dynamic for them, love that for you. So I hope to see you guys out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm bringing tickets, Yeah, all that fun stuff. There's gonna be a fifty to fifty and you know, oh Dep's coming out. She's gonna be selling booge rock shirts shirts. I feel like an influencer right now. So a lot of you have been asking me about the shirt, the shirt I'm wearing today. Nobody asked me about the shirt I'm wearing today.
Speaker 1: Damn it, I don't know. But this is one of our brand new shirts. That's cute. Stole it from Sesame Street. It's very cute. This is one of the.
Speaker 3: Shirts that I'm wearing today that is available in the rod Ryan show Cares online store. Dev's bringing out boobs Rock merchandise. We'll be selling t shirts by on the spot donate on the spot, Boobs Rock Car Show Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Any questions hit me up.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Ooh, tickets to.
Speaker 3: Acl Music Festival. We got three day weekend passes coming up for you here.
Speaker 1: Big prizes today on the show Man All Week thirty chants of scattered thunderstorms Today Party Claude Skuys High Have ninety tomorrow Car Show, Boob Rock Car Show.
Speaker 3: I just answered to a couple of questions people asking what time can I get my vehicle there?
Speaker 1: You can register your vehicle.
Speaker 3: You got a hot rod, you've got a cool looking car, truck something, you can get there starting at around eight o'clock and you can register on the spot and get your car in the car show. And that's how we're kind of raising money for the rod Ryan Shokeres Foundation so that we can have a nice, big fat check at the end of the month for MD Anderson. Beautiful weather tomorrow, low chances of rain, cloudy, high of eighty eight. I'll see you all out at man Khuso. Harley Davidson, what's trending.
Speaker 5: Tesla recalled twenty seven thousand cyber trucks due to a delay between the rearview camera image and the dashboard. So they release a software update, and then they wanted to remind drivers, hey, you can also reverse the old fashioned way. You could just look over your shoulder and check your ears.
Speaker 1: Like that's what they told me.
Speaker 5: I will say people, the art of reversing and backing out has been lost due to all these cameras and stuff. But once you get used to it, it's like that's those are your eyes back there, So I kind of get it.
Speaker 1: I can still, you know, I live in lant I feel like I'm a good parker. You are a good part with the cameras.
Speaker 5: Now with me, like I can parallel park. I can get into a tight spot, is what I'm saying. Because there's no freaking space in La. You had to like learn how to park in the little areas.
Speaker 1: My car here, I.
Speaker 3: Got the tundra of my car has automatic parallel park. It'll tell me, really, yeah, it will tell me. I've never used it.
Speaker 1: I'm alten curious as to how it works.
Speaker 3: When I was out in the demo with the chick that sold me the car. She's like, okay, pull up here. I don't even remember what button hit. She goes hit that button and she goes, take your hands off the wheel. I'm like, no, just take your hands off the wheel.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm not paying for this.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not taking my hands off the wheel. And then when you drive by a spot, the car will tell you I can.
Speaker 1: Get in there. I can do this. Rod Wow, yes, believe in me. It's insane. Believe me. So you just pull up.
Speaker 3: It says, hey, that's a spot that I can get into, and then boomom boom boom it does on its own.
Speaker 5: That is like the age old question when you're finding parking's like, do I sit in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the car says. The car tells you that's for us.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: It's weird. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Also, Texas issuing TikTok over the handling of children's data. So this is yesterday where the Attorney General says that TikTok violated the state's parental consent laws. So he's claiming that TikTok is failing to comply with this act that requires social media to protect kids more So, that's the whole thing that's going back and forth. A lot of people are talking about that today. And then there are two new mild hobbinaro peppers that have been developed by vegetable breeders at Oregon State University, so you'll be able to have a hobbin narow pepper that doesn't have that intense heat. They're called the two new peppers are called.
Speaker 1: Not a Hotta and mild Thang, and they again.
Speaker 6: Twenty five years in the making.
Speaker 5: Those are things that are trending on eighty four five of.
Speaker 1: Us have always been teamed not a Hotta.
Speaker 3: It's also on the food blog page at a National Taco Day. Yum Chili has a not mentioned to me about that. It's National Vodka Day podcast as well. So Osmia, Okay, I've got some tickets here.
Speaker 1: Three day weekend passes ACL Music Festival.
Speaker 3: You can still buy tickets. What do we say, Blink one eighty two and Chris Stapleton were playing. Yeah, so this is for the second weekend. So if you want these tickets, I'm looking for caller number ten seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five. I know it's a psychag but Deessa, Yes, charades, Okay, charades, charades jumping around?
Speaker 1: Got it? She got it. The charade was jump around. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: I figured I'd give you guys something cool to uh listen to while you were trying to call in for those tickets to.
Speaker 1: A c L. It's a wonderful tradition here on the Rod Ryan Show. It must be free beer Friday, because it's House of Pain time or five by the Buzz House of Paint, jump around. It's a Rod Ryan Show, of course.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 1: Who else would do that? Who else would do that? Good morning? Hello, Hi, Hey, how you doing great? What's your name? Jacob? You call her? Ten?
Speaker 9: WHOA?
Speaker 1: I got very I got three day weekend passes to Austin City Limits Music Festival. Dude, three day passes, a pair of them.
Speaker 20: Oh wow, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: I think it's pretty amazing. This is for the second weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the second wee get of ACL is October eleventh through the thirteenth in Austin, And as Rod mentioned Bin twin eighty two, Christapleton, there's going to be Foster the People and so many more, so many Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Whoa, this is crazy. I think it's crazy too. I knew I said it was crazy. Today was going to be a crazy, crazy day. All right, Jacob, have a great time, man, thanks for listening.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What's this?
Speaker 3: I forgot about this song? This is no doubt Sunday morning. I think she just had a birthday recently. She might be a vampire. Yeah, she might be a vampire.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: Americans were asked what they wish they had more time for on Sundays. Oh, think chili. Yeah, yeah, think chili. What chili wish he had more of?
Speaker 1: Number one answer? Hey Chili? Well I got you, big stretch, Come on over, big stretch here he is. What Hey, are you coming to the car show tomorrow?
Speaker 21: Are you giving me an option?
Speaker 1: I'm asking yes, I'm going to be there. Okay, about ten people come out to be asking me where's chili yesterday? Up in Humble. Get a lot of fans up there.
Speaker 21: Bro, man, I'm a plan of the streets.
Speaker 22: Bro.
Speaker 1: I just said, I go. It's Thursday. It's eight thirty. Where the hell do you think chili is? Right now? I was already sleeping top answer on the board, sleeping here you go? Yes, sleep tonight?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 21: Is the day that I get to stay out till like five or six.
Speaker 1: Are we have to work tomorrow at the car show?
Speaker 21: Usually Fridays of my party night usually, but tonight is gonna be an early one.
Speaker 6: Just stop, dude, just.
Speaker 5: Keep partying, take it into the car show.
Speaker 21: I have to be on my best behavior tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I like the way that sounds. Hey, are you going to the Texans game?
Speaker 21: I'm trying, but I'm not sure. I don't think I'll make it.
Speaker 1: I gotta I got an old Bills Jersey, I'm sure with fit. No, No, I do know. I'm just saying, and I order.
Speaker 21: I'll order some Texans overalls just to be ready for it. Yeah, and I'm gonna if I go. Do you best believe I'm gonna break all those tables that the bill's mafia?
Speaker 4: Hass?
Speaker 1: Dude, Please tell me.
Speaker 3: The overall it's got, like that trapdoor in the back for your bar in case you gotta let go chili?
Speaker 5: Or did you get those like splatter paint, like the red, black and white ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one and everything? Dope.
Speaker 21: So I got those, but I'm thinking about cutting them and making them into shorts.
Speaker 1: Dude. No, Well, but wait because it's gonna get cool.
Speaker 3: But as we're talking about what you wish you had more time for, we're talking about football, right. Watching television was the number two answer, so sleeping was number one people's Thirty one percent of people said the number one answer was what do you wish you had more time for?
Speaker 1: On Sundays?
Speaker 3: Sleep was one watching TV with two watching movies. I guess that's a difference in at three, I'll see you what going for a walk?
Speaker 1: That game being at noon last weekend last Sunday.
Speaker 6: I loved that.
Speaker 5: Get up, do a little quick workout, immediately start tailgating afterwards, Yeah, immediate, started tailgating. Then you're nice and good when you get into the game at noon, they win, You go home, your little buzz, go just get a little dinner, and you, if you're not full from the game, go to bed.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see how I am received. Now.
Speaker 3: I imagine that two or three people might recognize me. But I'm just I'm gonna be walking around wearing bills gear. Dude, you're gonna get in the blue lotump. Probably London has had her. London absolutely has free will on this one.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to see promise.
Speaker 3: She has free will on this. I said, what do you want to wear? She's like, Josh Allen damn wants She's going.
Speaker 1: Bills and she's and she's a Texan. We root for the Texans every week. She knows it's not fair. She looks like a Disney prince.
Speaker 3: She knows c J. Stroud, she knows. She's like, that's our guy, right, that's our guy. She's like, I'm from here, but I don't know. I think Sue and You had a little something to do.
Speaker 1: That absolutely influenced.
Speaker 6: She has been.
Speaker 9: Absolutely absolutely to influence your child's fans.
Speaker 1: There is one hundred percent. That's why you had the child, so.
Speaker 21: You canwashing your kid to be a giant.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I absolutely am, and that's my right as a parent.
Speaker 1: There is not a c J. Stroud cardboard cutout in my house, but there is a Josh Allen cardboard cutout. Change. I can take care of that, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Sue just sent a snoopy sitting.
Speaker 17: On a.
Speaker 1: Doghouse, Buffalo Bill's doghouse.
Speaker 5: I gotta get on some of these faces with London, but I gotta jump on damn.
Speaker 1: She has promised, she has she has Texans gear, and she has Bill's gear, and I asked her, and I because sometimes she'll just do that to mess with me, because she still runs around saying Tom Brady's awesome and she and she loves the Miami Dolphins. I mean she messes with me because I'm always squished the fish and she's like, we love the Dolphins. We love the Dolphins in this house. No, we don't, flipper. We hate them. We hate them.
Speaker 3: So all right, Well, anyway, that's what people were looking forward to. I mean, it's football season.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for. I just want to watch some more football, I really do. And is it the night game this week?
Speaker 6: Or is it at noon again? Hell yeah, that's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Great day Bill Texans noon. Oh yeah, yeah, that's a noon game today. I got there. Maybe I show up. I'll see you guys out there. Be nice, be nice. All right, here we go. There's a lot of Bills fans in town. I heard it's the Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Shine Down, Brent and Zach are going to be in town next Saturday. Why it's the.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. Jacob Knowle's going to be there from Sublime, Justin and Ryan from Blue October. More on that in a second, Tyler, Dave and Joe from Theory of a Dead Man. Scott Stevens.
Speaker 1: We've been playing some x's on the show this week and last week. I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: And then we got Rosie all performing unplugged sets and you still got to win your way in and so many people.
Speaker 1: I just Lettee, I just got you. Thank you. Was so nice meeting you too. Letty was out there last night.
Speaker 3: A lot of people sending me some pictures now and I'm throwing those all on our Facebook page. Got to meet a lot of you out last night at Porky's. It was great, I said. More on Blue October Justin, Wow, this is great news. He's singing the national anthem at the Texans Bills game.
Speaker 1: Oh this, Oh that's amazing. Yeah, that's cool. I don't know if he's done that before.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he's sung the anthem before, but I don't know if he's done it before a Texans game.
Speaker 5: They've been on point with like who they're inviting to the game to get people a little hyped.
Speaker 6: That's going to be a great start.
Speaker 1: They've been I don't know this alper King Dun who's like the star player.
Speaker 5: From the Rockets to I think do the battle whatever the battle cry or whatever it is at the beginning with the bull cannon and then yeah, and then they've been having like you know, the Bunbee, the Houston Rappers will be in the suite. They had like some celebrities from Love Island who are like ultra mega famous and the reality world there.
Speaker 1: They've just been on point. I think, Oh, that's huge having Justin singing the national anthem. So if there was a reason, I get it, the tailgating everything, get in early, okay, and let's support Justin. That's a huge thing. I will be in there.
Speaker 3: I will be in my well, I'll be standing next to my seat for that. I'm not missing that. I'm not missing that at all.
Speaker 1: Geez, what else?
Speaker 3: So the car show, the anniversary party, I'll have tickets for you. A lot of people asking, hey, you have one more week before the party. Are you going to be out. We're gonna be at Little Woodrows next Thursday. Nice which one the old Luckies, which I hope they're cool with me explaining it that way. I mean, you know, it's the old Luckies. We have such history in that building, but all of our history has been completely wiped. You've been there, it doesn't look anything like Luckies used to look. It doesn't look at all like Luckies. I mean, they redid that place inside and out. It's incredible. So we're going to be there Thursday night. I'm bringing I'm bringing a ton of tickets next week, so that'll probably be your last chance. I guess a week from today we'll do free beer Friday and I'll still lock in the six pack of tickets with every case, but then that'll be it.
Speaker 1: I like thursdays of going out day. Why because you don't have to work on Fridays.
Speaker 5: No, because it's like one more show.
Speaker 1: You know, I can get through it.
Speaker 5: I've been letting myself, Like last night, I went to the Greek Festival, and I might let myself, you know, drink a little wine. Yeah, see out a little later than normal.
Speaker 6: It's it did going out night.
Speaker 1: The vibes are good.
Speaker 3: Thursday's a good night. So yeah, we'll be out next week, and I get it. It's it's crunch time to try to get into the anniversary show.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 8: The rod Morning Show six to ten am, ninety four or five, A buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four or five, the bus Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. We go coming up on eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Another case of beer, another six pack of tickets to the Rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan s twenty tenniversary party.
Speaker 3: Then it's our last real hour because the nine o'clock hour will turn into open phones Friday, and I can't wait to get you guys on the phones even more than you already are today. Thirty percent chance with scattered thunderstorms expected highs up around ninety tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Car show.
Speaker 3: Everyone's asking what time should we be there if if you want to register a car, you can register your car as early as eight o'clock. You can get your car up there, get a good parking spot so everybody sees you, your your amazing wheels.
Speaker 1: If you're just coming to look at cars, you know, nine o'clock, come on down, nine, ten o'clock. We'll be there until about one or one thirty or so, given out the awards, and we'll be given out tickets to the anniversary show. But yeah, we are at Mancuso Harley Davidson tomorrow Tomorrow morning into the afternoon, A little bit beautiful day, mostly cloudy, ten percent chance of rain. High of eighty eight. For the car show Boots Rock.
Speaker 3: We're raising money, Join us or I guess Email me with more questions.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of questions coming int about this. That's good. That means you're coming out, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hurricane Helena is still being talked about because it is now the deadliest storm to hit the mainland United States since Hurricane Katrina. There are at least two hundred and fifteen deaths that have been attributed to the storm.
Speaker 1: There are hundreds of people that remain missing.
Speaker 5: More than half of the deaths are in North Carolina, including seventy in Buncom County, which has been just devastated by flooding. Houston is home to the Texas zip codes with the most individual contributors to the GOP and Democratic presidential campaigns.
Speaker 6: Federal data shows.
Speaker 5: The seven to seven zero zero five zip code, which is like West University and Rice Village, had the most individual donations to the Biden Harris campaigns, while the seven seven to two four zip code, which covers the Memorial Villages, had the most individual donations to Trump. In the first eight months of this year, Texans statewide donated nearly forty million dollars to the two campaigns, was slightly more than half going to Trump. Halloween spending is expected to reach eleven point six billion dollars. That's right, seventy two percent of consumers are planning to celebrate and spend an average of one hundred and three dollars per person. An increasing number of shoppers are starting their Halloween purchases earlier this year, nearly half shopping before October.
Speaker 1: That's a trend that's growing over the past decade.
Speaker 5: Young adults, particularly those age twenty five to thirty four, are leading this early shopping trend, with many who consider Halloween their absolute favorite holiday and they spend more on average. Halloween decorations also have seen substantial growth. Spending on decorp has increased by forty two percent from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty four. Glamour magazines Women of the Year include Serena Williams and Sidney Sweeney. They announced their Women of the Year and in addition to those two, you've got Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 1: You got some Olympians on this list. Sudny Lee.
Speaker 5: You've got Allison Felix, Taraji p Henson on this list. There are some activists, abortion activists, Hadley Duval and Caitlin Joshua, and then four famous moms. Tina Knowles, Beyonce's mom, y'all should know that, Donna Kelcey, mother of Travis and Jason. Yeah, we know, Maggie Baird, mom of Billie, Eilish and Phineas. And then Mandy Teepee who is Selena Gomes's mama.
Speaker 3: I feel like Pam Anderson is really coming on strong with the second act here. Pam Anderson, I mean she runs around with no makeup on, and that's kind of her thing now, where she clearly was this almost unreal, cartoon like person back in the day. Yeah, she's got a whole second act right now where people and I think what really helped that documentary humanized her. Okay, she just wasn't boobs on a stick. It humanized her. The documentary on her is really really good. It's a great doc.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like a lot of doors.
Speaker 3: Are opening up for her right now because, I mean, if you think about it, she's never been like a huge actress or anything like that. I mean, Baywatch, I get it. At one point, biggest show in the world. She was a TV star and then she I know, she made a movie here and there, but she was never a Hollywood A list actress.
Speaker 5: I think it's just a testament to listen. Like we as women, we don't stop consuming actresses and like liking people when we're in our teens. You know, you always have these young celebrities and then Hollywood was done with them and they'd wash their hands.
Speaker 6: You see these older women.
Speaker 5: You see Jamie Lee Curtis, you see who is the one from White Lotus that we love.
Speaker 1: You see these older women. We're Stiffler's mom. Yeah, Stiffler's mom, Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 5: You know, women aren't done just live existing in their in their fifties. Like there's a whole I'm sure, I'm quite sure, and I just yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Just a testament.
Speaker 5: Any any women like this that are going to be like doing things for Pete, they're going to have a following because that's what we like to see.
Speaker 1: That's what women like to consume. Other women still active in their.
Speaker 5: Lives, like not just sent off to see three Days of Grace, reunites with the original lead singer current lead vocalist will stays on. That's the headline, and yesterday we talked about this. So for fans, Three Days Grace is whole once again. Adam Gantier, co founder of Three Days Grace, who left the band back in twenty thirteen, has rejoined and the band posted this big announcement on their official IG saying, look, Adam's back to vocals, and then Matt Walls, who has been the group's lead singer since he left, will stay on as co lead vocalists. Well, bands can get along with each other.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the bluemant. Does it work? Moving forward and touring and all of that, we'll see. They say a new album and tour coming soon. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 3: But I even throw it out there to the audience, who you guys are always way smarter than us. I can't think of another instance where as singer, an old singer came back and he coexisted with the new singer that replaced him. It's never been done before. It's never been done before. Okay, you never saw David Lee Roth and Sammy hag Are running around on stage together. It never happened. Okay, those guys hated each other, so they're pulling something off here that we've never ever seen.
Speaker 1: Super cool. Okay, you're going football. Oh, last night football? Yeah, Thursday night football.
Speaker 9: The Falcons got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty six to thirty. Falcons quarterback Kirk Cousins hit Caderill Hodge for a forty five yard walkoff.
Speaker 1: Touchdown to win it.
Speaker 9: Texans are going to try and improve the four to one on Sunday when they host the Buffalo Bills at NRG Stadium. Bills are one point favorites coming into this game. Kickoff is going to be at noon. You can watch it on CBS. Some notable college games in the schedule this weekend. Tonight, U of H is gonna play TCU at six thirty. You can watch it on ESPN. Tomorrow, A and M is gonna host number nine Missouri at eleven.
Speaker 1: That'll be on ABC.
Speaker 9: In the big game of the weekend is a rematch of last year's National Championship game. Number ten Michigan is going to face Washington at six thirty. That game is going to be available on NBC. In playoff baseball, the Mets came back to beat the Brewers four to two in Game three of their wild Card series yesterday.
Speaker 1: The Divisional series is going to start tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Tigers at Guardians is at noon, Phillies played the Mets at three, Yankees take on the Royals at five thirty, and the Padres and Dodgers wrap things up at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: That is just going on in sports.
Speaker 7: Heston's rocking alternative The.
Speaker 8: Rod Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four five, Buzz all Right.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Bus Hit It.
Speaker 22: Money Monday Monday more smooth cousin das Father Frod b your cold bus song called him Rob Broye Cot the phone numbus of cold screaming co.
Speaker 1: Boss call him nor from sixty three. Good Friday by.
Speaker 8: Brodny Right Bay.
Speaker 1: Fine Bay.
Speaker 6: Bam Friday.
Speaker 10: You got a free Bam Friday. You got the fee Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Rock got free Bam Friday, Rock gotay.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hello was this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How are you great? What's your name?
Speaker 23: My name's Dave Jansen.
Speaker 1: Dave Jansen call it over ten? Who Yeah, dude, A case of Vere and a six pack of.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan showed twentyth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 15: I'm so excited. Oh my gosh, Fore you know what a lot of you have.
Speaker 1: Been calling forever. I really really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: You know, your persistence obviously has paid off. David, As we just got done playing Sublime, do we all agree that the wild card on the bill is Jacob Noel? I mean we know shine Down, I mean first named basis with these guys. These are friends of the show for years. Okay, obviously our relationship with Justin is on parallel with Blue October theory of a dead Man.
Speaker 1: I'm well versed in the exees. Love it, love the guys and Rosie the absolute wild card. What's gonna happen? I don't know what to expect.
Speaker 3: It's it's Jacob Nole from Sublime, who is now, I mean, the lead singer of Sublime.
Speaker 6: Exciting?
Speaker 1: I don't know what to expect? Great, I cannot I absolutely cannot wait to hear those songs that his dad made so famous, and to hear that torch carried on by by the sun.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a moment. That's gonna be a moment. Hey, David, you and five of your friends are in on that moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 23: I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, thank you, Thank you, David. Where are you from? Actually from Kentucky.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna be flying in next week and meeting some friends down there.
Speaker 1: Really, that's amazing, dude. Congratulations.
Speaker 15: All right, bro, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: You're in Kentucky right now?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am no kidding. Are you originally from you? Yeah? I'm originally from Kentucky and I work with some of my really good friends down in Houston.
Speaker 22: We have a work meeting next week.
Speaker 15: I'm flying anyway, so it's gonna work out great.
Speaker 1: What the hell kind of timing is that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: That's a horseshoe in you're fanning timing?
Speaker 15: And Ed, I kept calling, and I kept calling.
Speaker 24: My buddy's from Houston and introduced me to the Buzz last year and have loved it ever since.
Speaker 4: So great, It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That is so great. All right, thank you, David. I look forward to meeting you.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be tough, but somehow, someway, I want to get out there, and you know, we all want to get out there and shake hands and hang out with you guys a little bit. So one more case of beer, one more six pack today and then I'll have some tickets out there at the car show. The Boobs Rock Car Show is tomorrow. Well, what are you doing with these tickets? Rod, We'll do a little sign up.
Speaker 1: Thing to win. You don't kind of get in line or get there, you know, first in line or anything like that. We'll just do a drawing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna maybe include some in the fifty to fifty thing that goes on out there. Try to raise somebody first, second, and third place in the car show. They're gonna get tickets. So now there's a lot of opportunity to get into the party.
Speaker 1: You should come out and join us.
Speaker 3: All the information about the car show, I know Chili's got it on our Facebook page on the events nine ten o'clock, come on home party with us tomorrow. Speaking of Chili, tricky trickster this morning, what do you mean, Well, we weren't here on Tuesday and we're doing the twenty days celebrating twenty years two hundred dollars Academy Sports an outdoors gift.
Speaker 1: Card, so we got an extra we got an extra one.
Speaker 3: He put it on Facebook ah nice, and some four hundred people are trying to get after that on our Facebook page right now. So yeah, if you haven't milled about, I just sent you over to our Facebook page to look at all the events that are coming up. But pin to the top of our page. Go directly to our page. Don't wait for us to show up in your feed. That ain't gonna happen. Zuckerberg ain't gonna push our crap out.
Speaker 1: You got to go to our page. Go to the rod Ryan Show page.
Speaker 3: You'll see right there, Chili is giving you an opportunity at a two hundred dollars Academy Sports An Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 1: The same one will be giving away on Know the Show today.
Speaker 3: Two opportunities on this last day, closing out the great twenty days celebrating twenty years. Thank you, Academy, Appreciate you, and guys good luck. Hit us up on the Facebook page Rock.
Speaker 7: And Alternative Fair.
Speaker 1: Use to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Alex did this on his own, and he's been here long enough he can make those calls. You started like kind of sprinkling in a little Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed she started doing this. I noticed she started doing that. It's okay, I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I've got some decorating done this week. What is your call on the girl? The Halloween song, the tri or treat that eat my pumpkin? That's fair game.
Speaker 9: It is, yeah, every day, but it's Friday, but like, yeah, Friday, cool times a week like this week and next week.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that. And then we go hard that last couple of weeks of the money. See if you can take it up. I got it ready. Oh you do have it all right.
Speaker 3: I've been getting some been getting some requests for to Eat my Pumpkin song, A little, a little terrifying little girl.
Speaker 1: I had never heard that.
Speaker 5: Song until I moved here five years ago.
Speaker 6: And I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was changed that day.
Speaker 6: I had never heard anything like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know where we found that. Somebody must have sent up to us. So I don't know either. I don't know, you know for the dark Web. Well we'll do that. What's what's trending?
Speaker 5: So Joker fully Ado is expected to roll the box office this weekend.
Speaker 1: This is the one starting Joaquin Phoenix, Lady Gaga. To celebrate.
Speaker 5: There is a list of the best clowns in pop culture up on Links and Guests.
Speaker 1: So number one is the Joker, I mean spoiler, it's the.
Speaker 3: Joker, but it's not necessarily Joaquin. It's just all jokers. It's the biggest clown in the history of pop culture.
Speaker 6: It's the question.
Speaker 1: It's the clown with the most named recognition for sure. It has been in all the Batman's and most of the Batman's I mean they.
Speaker 3: Got everything on your Ronald McDonald. It's a clown in pop cultures.
Speaker 5: On the list, Charlie Chaplin's on this list, Krusty the Clown, Harley Quin.
Speaker 1: So I got check out that list. It's actually really fun.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know how Costco was selling gold bars and silver coins, like they're selling out and stuff. Well now they're adding platinum to their precious metals inventory. They are offering new platinum bars that are retailing for just over a thousand apiece and they're only sold online. I think it's crazy that they're in the precious metals business, but hey, it's Costco.
Speaker 6: They'll sell whatever, right.
Speaker 1: Then, have you heard this new song Lonely Road with jelly Roll. That's the one that sounds like Bob Denver, John Denver, John Denver, and it's a machine. It's John freaking Denver.
Speaker 3: Ruh, Bob Denver. I think was Gilligan. All right, John Denver? Take Me Home Country Road, Sweet Home Alabama.
Speaker 4: Whatever it is.
Speaker 5: So that's it's the melody. It's in the same melody of take Me Home Country Roads. So some lady online is like, all he's got to get sued.
Speaker 1: Ever going to assume him? And he's like, no, Karen, he.
Speaker 5: Actually his estate approved it. But thank you for the legal advice. A little clapback by jelly roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what's.
Speaker 3: Trending on Nighty for five bucks, jelly Roll clapping back. I got Bunny XO on the Looking at Girls block page.
Speaker 1: She loves Halloween.
Speaker 5: Have you been seeing is she and all of her spooky outbit she's been dressing up on her Instagram?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know every waking moment about her, like you should totally, And I thought maybe you could tell me a little bit. Is there is there something that you can give to people that will simulate period cramps?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 5: There is supposed to be a little machine. She did this to the crew, right, Yes, she did this to because they're on tour and she wanted dudes put it on.
Speaker 3: She wanted the guys on the crew of Jelly Roll, the touring crew, you know, people that like work in the music industry.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: She wanted them to have the simulator to see what it's like when girls are on their period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the period cramp simulator. And of course every guy taps out. It's awesome because he was told to. But that's on the look at a girls blog. Pase today?
Speaker 6: Did you get one of those in here?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: What are you giving away?
Speaker 5: I have appeared Take at Sea Breaking Benjamin Stain and Daughtry.
Speaker 3: Okay, looking for caller number ten seven one, three two five While you are dialing, here's that little creepy girl that you guys have been asking about. Ninety four to five the bus.
Speaker 25: I went to great treating to you to day. I was said to do it every day. I went to the first house after school. The first man I saw was in cool. He gave me a tooth breast to clean my teeth. I told him I want a sugary treat. She said no, I'm walked away. So I thanked him in a special way.
Speaker 1: Him love with wire, talk to a lag, put him with a heart. Now getting guard goods done, I went to the passing ring the bell.
Speaker 25: The grown up wasn't cool.
Speaker 1: I could already tell.
Speaker 25: She gave me a raised and said they're healthy formal. I said, I want chocolate, can't you see? She said no and closed the door.
Speaker 1: So I sort, thanks, that's oh yeah, right back, she's writing the corner Bunch. No laws right, let's give a good story.
Speaker 8: No, you're not so tot.
Speaker 25: Happy Halloween from me to you.
Speaker 1: When I'm not on a door. You don't know what to do. I love candy and that's no light.
Speaker 25: Batt' be sweet or else you'll die, bitch.
Speaker 14: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine Rod Ryan Show. There is a second single out there. There is a second tune out there.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: It lives on YouTube and I'm sure all the Lincoln Park socials and it's good. I mean, the first two songs that they've released are amazing. I cannot wait, I can't. I think maybe next week. We're getting that album in a.
Speaker 1: Couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to listen to the entire thing. I'm so excited about the direction that Lincoln Park is in. I don't like the direction that they're playing forty five North. I wish the direction was more south and it was us. They're playing Arlington now. I can only imagine twenty twenty five, they're gonna put out this album. They're gonna be everywhere in twenty twenty five. They're gonna come here. I don't have inside information. I just have information of being a god that's been here for a couple of years. They're gonna come here. They're not gonna skip us. There's just nowhere.
Speaker 1: I hope, damn suck if they skipped us. Well, I just hate that.
Speaker 5: I feel like sometimes artists look and they're like, Okay, yeah, we'll hit Texas, and then they just pick one city and it's like, guys, we're bigger than half the country.
Speaker 1: Please two shows. Can we get two different cities?
Speaker 6: Maybe three?
Speaker 1: It deals with me always, and it's not I'd listen. I love the city. You guys have been so great to me, my adopted city. I love it here.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love it here. My kid is born here. So what I say it would love because it comes from frustration. Houston has an identity crisis.
Speaker 1: They don't know.
Speaker 3: Even my friends, they don't know that Houston unless they've been here, then they get it. The fourth biggest city in America and we're going to overtake Chicago soon. So and it's not just the sheer numbers. I do want that. I do want to be the third biggest. I want it to be New York, La, Houston, Chicago. I want that for us so bad.
Speaker 1: I want that for me. But unless you're here, you don't know how great the people are and the diversity. We know that, you know, people run around well. I heard that we're the most diverse, you know city in America.
Speaker 8: We are.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, But people don't know that well. And you would put our food here against anything.
Speaker 3: That's the one thing you could absolutely say, not living in our own bubble, you could absolutely take the food here. It is world class, and you could put it up against New York, San Francisco, New Orleans.
Speaker 1: You can put it up against everything that this that the States have to offer.
Speaker 3: We know that people don't know that Okay, count one or two people that you know that took a vacation and went to Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it doesn't happen. It doesn't happen because we don't have Disney World.
Speaker 5: People come here for healthcare, so it's always like more serious.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like though, if they have some serious going on.
Speaker 5: They're like, Okay, let me get to Houston because that's where the best doctors and that's where the best care, the treatment is.
Speaker 3: And another reason that makes this it's so great here, I mean the best healthcare in the world.
Speaker 5: Tell you with the EBB and flow. Like being a historic city, so much history is here. But then okay, we're the energy capital. Like this there's like, you know, it's just so much going on.
Speaker 3: I'm going to agree to disagree with you on that. What do you mean, like what part I don't think we have a history.
Speaker 1: I don't. This is not an old city, this city.
Speaker 5: If you count Houston as Galveston, I count Houston as Galveston.
Speaker 1: But it's yeah, but nobody else does. Oh nobody else does, like I city part of it. This city does not this city.
Speaker 3: When something gets old, they tear it down and they put up something new, and it's a very.
Speaker 1: It's a new city. This is not an old city.
Speaker 3: It didn't become a metropolis until after the Great Hurricane that affected Galveston and people migrated up to get away from the water.
Speaker 1: You know, New Orleans is over three hundred years old. This city's not old. Yeah, but you still have the trains running through.
Speaker 5: You still have like the oldest ice house you still have.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think there's the West Albam ice.
Speaker 5: House that's like the oldest ice house in the state of Texas.
Speaker 1: So I just think that, like, I get it. We did rebuild, but you still have the old trains running through.
Speaker 5: I feel a little bit of historic nostalgia when when I move back here, I was like, ah, it's like, like I said, this ebb and flow of like really new, like the New York of the South, but also like this is an important place in our in Texas history, at least for sure.
Speaker 3: Speaking of trains, Big Boy. The last time Big Boy was here, I went to go see it. Have you heard about that steam engine?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's is it coming or is it here this weekend? I believe?
Speaker 3: Okay, Big Boy, is this unbelievably massive steam engine train. Yeah, it's the biggest engine and biggest wheels.
Speaker 1: And biggest everything. And this is a guy that me. I've been around monster jam trucks forever.
Speaker 3: This steam engine is so spectacular that you are transported to being a child. I don't have the information in front of me. I'm just telling everybody, look up big boy, and where you can go see it. I think I think it's gonna be Sunday where you're gonna be able to get to see it. And I don't know if I'm gonna get to go. I took London when she was a baby last time it was here, and I remember everybody posting about it because it was traveling. And I remember Jesse James from West Coast Choppers now he's in Austin. I remember him posting about it and him talking about the magnificance, the magnificence of the and the grand dure of the engine and everything with this, with this locomotive.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be a train nerd to look at this thing and say, OMG, you're looking at something that you cannot believe that man built so it's in spring.
Speaker 5: It'll be in spring. It arrives at eleven a m. October seventh, So is that Monday, fifth, sixth, seven.
Speaker 1: Seventh, five, sixth seventh, that's Monday, you're right?
Speaker 17: Yeah, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to try to get Houston mind over there because that's huge.
Speaker 3: Well, it'll be come here to the Amtrak station here in Houston. Okay, that's where I went to go see it, So it'll be here. It'll stop here. It's just something you want to take a picture. It's something you want to see and it's.
Speaker 1: Part of our country's history for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's it's a pretty it's a pretty amazing thing. Live music.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're going to be partying out there Spring.
Speaker 3: Offering up some tickets here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Yeah, you're like, are you finally.
Speaker 1: Coming to me? Shut up, radio boy, I'm holding for tickets. What's your name?
Speaker 5: Sheila?
Speaker 1: You call her ten?
Speaker 11: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah wow? What have we given her? I forgot? It was so long?
Speaker 5: Okay, So you're gonna get the tickets to see Breaking Benjamin and Stay with special guest Daughtry at Woodlandsvilli in October twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you, guys so much. Thank you, Sheila.
Speaker 5: Okay, Rod Houston, big boy will be on this sleigh at the Amtrak station like you said, nine o two Washington Avenue, October sixth, which is Sunday from nine am till three.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's so.
Speaker 1: And then it's going to spring on Monday.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Sunday it's going to be here.
Speaker 6: I thank you, Greg.
Speaker 1: The Bills are in town. Ever heard of them? I have heard of them. Bill's Texans big Boy big day.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 1: I got a big boy coming in town. His name's Josh Allen. Okay, that's my big boy.
Speaker 5: You know, he's my.
Speaker 1: Fantasy football player. And and then I have the Texans defense.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just an internal struggle, I know. So that's why I don't I know, you're full on. I don't know. For some reason, I feel like you've kind of dusted your your Cowboys and you're full on with the with the Texans.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm here in town, you know, And instead of me being disappointed time and time again, I still listen.
Speaker 6: I tried to hate watch the Cowboys the other day. I still root for them. Inside.
Speaker 5: I'm rooted for them my whole life. But I mean as far as the city I'm in, And my dad told me that.
Speaker 1: When I moved here.
Speaker 5: He's like, you're going to be a Texans fan very soon. You've always liked the Textans. I'm like, no, but yeah, it's totally happened. I'm just energized. I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: I've never been.
Speaker 3: Forced myself wherever I've lived, well, I hate New Orleans. In here, I never forced myself to say, hey, you know you want to be you know your radio you want Hey, I like the team.
Speaker 5: You hear.
Speaker 1: These TV people are the worst. I'm sorry they are.
Speaker 3: They come from somewhere else, and they the day before they were wearing a jersey in their old city and now they're over. She was wearing a Baltimore Orioles jersey three days ago and now she's in Texans gear here on TV.
Speaker 1: Come on, but I get it.
Speaker 3: It's TV here, obviously, and everybody's kind of given me a pass. Not everybody, but you know that I was born and raised in Buffalo. It's like you in your blood, it's in your blood.
Speaker 1: Okay, watching games with my dad growing up and all that stuff, it's never that never goes away. What happens when you move somewhere, and it happened in New Orleans, and it happened here. You're watching the games and you're you know, okay, yeah, I live here, now I'm gonna watch this team.
Speaker 3: And then you start to learn the names of the players and you start to like, and then all of a sudden, they lose and you're mad. That's the first indicator when you say, why am I mad?
Speaker 1: That's not my team. It's my team. I'm mad that they lost. That's my team.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: It doesn't replace who you born. You were born in the leads, I think it does. You should have one team. I think it's insane that people have multiple teams. That's crazy. You're not if you're a fan of two teams, you're not a.
Speaker 22: Fan of one.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? There's different conferences. They don't even affect each other.
Speaker 5: Like when I was reading for the Cowboys and the Texans, which I still kind of.
Speaker 13: Am, they're not.
Speaker 5: It never really affected the outcome for one team or another in the run in Texas like that made complete sense for me.
Speaker 3: I still root on the Saints, just spent so much time with them. I went to every game for like eight years I did a deal with my beer company. I was down on the floor.
Speaker 5: Is impressive you rooting for some of these New York teams deep in the heart of Texas?
Speaker 6: It is, But I get very impressive.
Speaker 3: But I could hear some jag off in New York san who's this idiot in Houston that's not his team? Like for the same ridiculous thing that you just said, somebody could be equally ridiculous in Jersey saying you have no business rooting for my Giants.
Speaker 1: You don't live here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but if it's a crazy comment and I live in I've lived in Atlanta. I'm not a Falcons fan. I don't mind if the Falcons are okay, but I do not care about the Falcons. I hope the Texans are awesome, except for when they have any effect on.
Speaker 1: The Giants, and I don't think that makes me a Texans fan. I don't mind. I want the Texans to be successful.
Speaker 3: There's an idiot in New Jersey wearing a tracksuit right now saying you're.
Speaker 1: Not a real Giants fan.
Speaker 9: Seconds you're not a real Giants fan my entire life, Hey dying hard Giants.
Speaker 1: Hey Texas boy, we gave you a couple of teams. Go be happy. Don't root for my team. I live here. I think as you're a real fan of that team, they want you to be a real fan of that team.
Speaker 24: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm just not like, I don't have seven teams that I also root for.
Speaker 6: You're just not happy enough for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we only have enough room in your heart. Yeah it's impressive.
Speaker 8: But we have the.
Speaker 3: Texans on every Sunday, We have the Bills on every Sunday. But when they're playing each other, that's where it gets a little uncomfortable in my house, you know.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, I'll see you guys out there on Sunday. Be nice, don't throw don't throw tomatoes at me. He's ninety four five The Buzz, Yeah, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show, Big Big News with three Days Grace. We kind of broke that. Yesterday I was sent a press release and I was hopping.
Speaker 3: Around like my dog wanting a dog tree. I couldn't wait to tell you guys about it. But three days Grace. Adam Gontier is back in the band. They're recording. They plan on going on tour. They said all that information is coming. But what they wanted to let us know yesterday was that Adam is back, and then the replacement singer that's been in there for a number of years, who they've gone on brilliantly to record with.
Speaker 1: He's sticking around. Your band.
Speaker 3: If that's your band is gonna have two lead singers, what happens? Do you sit on the stage and let the guy go? Do you put in I'm thinking like maybe like a penalty box, Alex. You put a little box in and then you know, it's like okay, boom. Or is it like a rope a corner of a wrestling ring where you tag in.
Speaker 9: A wrestling ring and he's got to stand out there. I like to tag tag each.
Speaker 3: Other in, But then you got to stand there and hold on to the turnbuckle. If you if there was a penalty box, the other singer could sing while the other guy was doing his thing and cut his breath.
Speaker 9: Well, you can make one of the turnbuckles also a microphone too. So they wanted to back up vocals. They just gotta lean over.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: You know, it'd be weird if your replacement was singing his song, which is a hit, and you're just kind of dancing on stage, is really not getting involved?
Speaker 1: Do they leave the state?
Speaker 5: I can't wait the past together, It's gonna be perfect.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited because it's a great band. Three Days Grace is just an awesome, awesome band, so many hits. So that's something to look forward to. In twenty twenty five, you know they're gonna be out touring. They're gonna put this spectacle out there for all of us to see, and I cannot.
Speaker 1: Wait for that.
Speaker 3: Geez, We're getting so close to that fourth and final case of beer. Beer in a six pack, Yeah, a six pack of rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 1: We got that comming up for you. And then it's open phones Friday, the whole last hour come.
Speaker 7: Up of us rock and all.
Speaker 1: So the rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am, ninety four to five to the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, eight fifty three.
Speaker 3: Pretty good look the weekend Saturday high of ninety, Sunday high of ninety two and sunny, low chances of rain.
Speaker 1: We're good, man, We're good this weekend. Boots Rock Car show.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow that the Super Bowl in town Sunday, My super Bowl, my personal little super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Okay, going down on Sunday, all right, one final time. Houston's headlines. What you got, Office'll say.
Speaker 5: The death toll from Hurricane Helen has surpassed the two hundred mark, and that number will likely rise. More than half of the deaths have been in North Carolina, including seventy two in the Asheville and.
Speaker 6: Buncombe County area.
Speaker 5: President Biden surveyed damage in Florida and Georgia yesterday. It's back to work for dock workers along the Gulf and East coasts after a strike that started earlier.
Speaker 1: This week comes to an end. It's over. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: That is awesome, because it was going to be it was a little bit impending doom. It felt like members of the International Longshoreman's Association and management groups did reach a tentative deal and this is only going to be good, I believe, until the end of the year or like until like January fifteenth. So around fifty thousand union members that were working from Maine to Texas walked off the job early Tuesday morning.
Speaker 6: They are now back on the job.
Speaker 1: So this group.
Speaker 5: This extension to the expired contract will go until January fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about tortilla chips.
Speaker 5: If you like them, you might stretch a bag by awkwardly trying to dip the tiny fragments of tortilla chips in the salsa. But Tostito say they have spotted a new trend on social media called salsa cereal, and apparently former NFL wide receiver Julian Edeman was an early adopter of this. You take a handful of tortilla chips, you crush them into a bowl, you tamp it with salsa, and then go to town boom, salsa cereal.
Speaker 1: I've done this ten times in my life easily.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done this in a cup. But Chubbs is putting sour cream and cheese in there too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta add maybe a little keeso. Very nice, very nice. Okay, So you could try this snackhack by prepping it yourself, and if it works for you, great, because that's the way you use all the broken pieces at the bottom of the bag. We're all about making sure everything nothing goes to waste here on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my excuse. I don't like to waste. That's right.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Garth Brooks because he may be in some trouble.
Speaker 6: He's definitely in the headlines this morning.
Speaker 5: He's accused of sexual assault and battery by a hairstylist and makeup artist. The Jando in the lawsuit says she worked for the singer when they allegedly when the alleged incidents happened. So, according to her, has happened in twenty nineteen. She alleges books are worded her once on a work trip, and he has previously denied those claims.
Speaker 6: So this is a big one. This is a big one that they're going to be monitoring.
Speaker 1: This is listen, we hope he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's another one of these guys that's so universally loved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what's interesting.
Speaker 5: What's interesting here is so she has these claims, right, that he attacked her in an La hotel, that she was working with him. Yep, Well, he filed a previous lawsuit anonymously in an effort to stop her from publicly repeating the allegations.
Speaker 17: So he.
Speaker 5: In his lawsuit claims the woman made the allegations after he denied her requests for salaried employment. She wanted medical benefits like she does a hair. I believe in makeup for him, so it's very you know him versus her. But he's a powerful dude to take down. She has a case strong enough, and he was trying to conceal what she was saying. I'm interested to know where this will go. Let's talk about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, because yesterday they announced a pretty long list of artists who will honor Ozzy os Warren for his induction later this month. Jack Black will be presenting and a whole bunch of people will perform. Billy Idol, Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Kang Ben, Halen Maynor, James Keenan, Robert Rhio from Ittallica, jelly.
Speaker 1: Roll, Zach Wilde, on and on and on.
Speaker 5: They also announced that Kelly Clarkson is going to perform in honor of Foreigner. This is going to be something that takes place on October nineteenth, and it's going to air live on Disney Plus those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Jelly Roll has a certain voice. We all agree that, yes, jelly Roll singing Ozzy. Uh, that's must CTV for me. You're locked in, You're locked in funny.
Speaker 5: I think that's what I really I'll tell you. I'll tell you after the podcast drops.
Speaker 1: All right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 9: On Thursday n Football, the Falcons got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty six to thirty on a walk off touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins to Caderyll Hodge for forty five yards. Texans are gonna try and improve to four and one on Sunday when they host the Buffalo Bills at NRG Stadium. Texans are one point underdogs coming into this game. Kickoff we're gonna be at noon and you can watch it on CBS. Some notle college games on the schedule this weekend. Tonight, U of H is gonna play TCU at six thirty. You can watch it on ESPN. Tomorrow, A and M is gonna host ninth rank to Missouri at eleven, Ohio State will play Iowa, and the big game of the weekend is a rematch of last year's National Championship game. Number ten, Michigan is gonna take on Washington at six thirty. That'll be on NBC. In playoff baseball, the Mets came back to break to beat the Brewers four to two in Game three of their Wildcard series. On the sports blog page today, can go hear the call of Pete Alonzo's ninth inning home run that ended up being the game winner. It was pretty crazy. I definitely recommend going and checking that out. The divisional series start tomorrow. Tigers at Guardians is at noon, Phillies play the Mets at three, Yankees take on the Royals at five thirty, and the Padres and Dodgers wrapped things up at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: I remember back in the day asking the great Kevin Walter. He was a wide receiver for the Texans. He was originally drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals. I believe he used to have his locker was right next to Ocho Cinco, and then he immediately got traded to the Texans. And when they were coming to town, when the Bengals were coming to town, I said, I.
Speaker 1: Need a real answer here. He was drafted by the Giants. Giants, okay, but he went to the Bengals, Okay, Giants cut him. That's right.
Speaker 3: So the Bengals are in town, and I said, I need an honest answer here. Do you want to tee off on this game to show your old team what they missed out on? I said, don't lie to me, don't give me the don't give me the PC answer. He goes, of course, we do, all of us.
Speaker 1: Why do I bring that up? Stefan Diggs may have the game of his life.
Speaker 6: He's gonna fall out.
Speaker 1: He may fall out already. Last week he had his first rushing touchdown. Was amazing of his career.
Speaker 6: That was amazing.
Speaker 3: You want if you don't think, if you don't think, He's got two hands on CJ's throat and putting them up against a locker before the game is saying.
Speaker 1: Look for me every play.
Speaker 6: I want this one.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a fun one to watch because Stephan Diggs is like that. He'd be like that. He wants, he wants to have a two hundred yard game.
Speaker 7: All Right, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Ninety five.
Speaker 10: Friday, he got Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: He got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 10: He got a free BAM Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Right Friday, Rock Friday, Friday. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 13: What's up, brother Rod?
Speaker 1: What's up with you? Who is this?
Speaker 8: Justin?
Speaker 1: Call her number ten? Come on, we're there, dude. A case of beer? Thank you, Specs. A six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty t anniversary party.
Speaker 7: Hey, that's what I'll call it for it.
Speaker 1: A case of beer is just a bonus. Now. I know everyone's really trying to get in on these.
Speaker 3: I am always curious when I'm giving away a six pack of tickets. It's really I mean, it's unheard of that we've I don't think we've ever given away a six pack of tickets?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it gonna be hard to fill that list or easy?
Speaker 12: I don't know, man, I might have new friends going there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying that Justin. You're a pretty popular fellow starting now. Oh yeah, that you weren't. Not that you weren't popular before, Okay, but you're at your stock just went up, dude, extra popular. Justin? Where are you from? Tom? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You want to give out your home address or anything to let people know like where to go to get the like what time to meet you on next Saturday before the show?
Speaker 1: Right now? Yeah, it's probably best, probably best, Justin.
Speaker 3: I'll see you and your five new friends next Saturday at the Carbonk Jewelery for the twentieth anniversary show.
Speaker 26: Yes, say so.
Speaker 27: You appreciate it, brother Rod.
Speaker 1: Thanks Justin, thank you. I appreciate you. I really do.
Speaker 3: The only hiccup in giving away the sixth pack of tickets with the beer is there are still we just heard from Justin there he is.
Speaker 1: He won the beer.
Speaker 3: But in some weird universe, ninety percent of people are still calling it with hopes of being the beer winner and the sixth pack of ticket winner. Right with all the delay and everything, Hey guys, that was Justin.
Speaker 1: He won. That's it. That transaction is over. We have somewhat struggled to get phone calls for the first phone call of the day for open phones. Open that's right, yeah, yah, yeah, the open phone segment that starts right now. It's just people calling, you know, for the beer and the tickets, and like you heard from Justin, it's like, oh beer, great tickets. Yeah, that's really that's the big prize here. So as much as we struggle, we got to move forward. Open phones for Iday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones fried yay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anyone got that message, but let's see good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, are you talking to me? I sure am? Oh hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Robbie gets it, Robbie. Robbie just gets it, you know, he just gets it. He's an all time great on free beer Friday. Although I have not heard you get in on the beer and the ticket deal last couple of weeks.
Speaker 15: Well, it's what you've got to stop the mad and you should make it almost impossible to get through.
Speaker 1: That's true. He's like, stop adding stuff to the beer here. I can't get through now.
Speaker 15: I called two hundred and twenty times and I got it to ring three times.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good Raceshi, it's what let me get who was born ten?
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 15: Caller number ten?
Speaker 1: It's say your birthday?
Speaker 7: Come on third?
Speaker 1: Here is oh Man, Happy birthday.
Speaker 15: I'm old enough to retire.
Speaker 1: Well, but I don't see it. I don't see you slowing down at all, Robbie.
Speaker 15: No, no, I got to work a year and nine months for me to get full retirement.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you going to take it though? Are you going to retire when you are allowed to or are you going to keep going?
Speaker 1: I'm going.
Speaker 15: I'm going all the way until seventy.
Speaker 10: I'm going to be I'm going to be old, so I might as well keep on living the lot.
Speaker 1: I hear you think that the trick is what they tell me is to keep moving. Now, Robbie, what what do you plan today? Ten four? Good buddy day? What are you doing for your birthday? After work?
Speaker 15: After work? I'm on Grinson Beer and watch some kind of sports on TV.
Speaker 23: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, dude. You know what, That's a perfect birthday? Are you kidding me? Dream dream birthday, Alex beer sports birthday. Yeah, Friday is always like hell yeah a plus two. That's huge. Hey, Robbie, we love you. What do you When can you retire?
Speaker 3: Let's see it's October, so four years and two and a half almost four years, three months, four years, three months.
Speaker 1: I'm out?
Speaker 15: Oh what things? You can sign another five year contract?
Speaker 1: Robbie. I'm not you, Okay, I'm not crazy like you. Okay, that's it. Five years and boom, I'm hitting the bricks. Okay. Believe me, they'll be holding the door open for me, Robbie. Don't you worry about that? Wizard will be holding that door open for me.
Speaker 9: No way here.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, bro, Happy birthday to you. Thanks for saving open phones man. Thank you, Dug.
Speaker 15: I appreciate it. You have a great weekend and enjoyed the time which there.
Speaker 1: Thank you. My brother Robbie over there with a great birthday today. Good to have him on. See you can always count on Robbie. Yeah. Man, saving open phones Friday. That's it. Every phone line is open. We're not giving anything away right now. I just want to hear you. I just want your voice on the air. As a matter of fact, Like I said, I'm not having you call in for any tickets or anything. But I do have a chance for you to one one thousand dollars.
Speaker 28: Here ninety four to five, The Buzz has your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Check that's check. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars in alternative income. From ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back open Phones Friday. Is that what's happening here? Oh yeah, every full light ringing, all right, that's fantastic, all right.
Speaker 5: Alex online, It's Alex online nine the muzz.
Speaker 1: What you're doing today?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 9: I saw his AOL and I was like, this is the perfect one to use for a Friday. It's called fuck date, which is what fupdate with a FI update f U P D A t eh. Come on, you know I wouldn't say things like that wish, so fupdate stands for a fake update, and that's exactly what it is. Now. We get knocked offline anytime there's a Windows update. But what a Windows update will do if you're at work is get you out of doing anything because you're what, my computer's updating right now. Sorry, I can't do that. So this has multiple update with like screens. All you gotta do is click it. It goes full screen, and then you're like boss, yeah, I'd.
Speaker 1: Love to do that. I'd love to grab that audio rode. I'm in an update right now, and I have a Mac.
Speaker 9: So it's got the Mac update screen where it's got a Windows update screen, it's got all the un operating system update screens, and it just sticks there and it moves. It looks like it's updating, but it's not updates, so you can't worry. You can make Look, dude, I'm.
Speaker 1: Down right now.
Speaker 9: I can't do anything. Sorry, buddy. I might head home and try and finish this at home. But yeah, FA updates with your update at the well Famish rod Ryan show page at the bus dot com.
Speaker 1: Too close, slow down when you say it or something? Date, thank you please date. Oh it's still the hop the puts it really does cut through. Oh, hey, you're in luck. It's Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 23: All right.
Speaker 3: I think we have people that want to talk and you know, did I win the ticket? I think we have all people that want to get apart and be a part of Open f Friday. He looks like we're going to Jason right now, Jason.
Speaker 1: World of the Road. What's up? Good morning, brother, Jason. What do you got for us on open Phones?
Speaker 24: Well, I emailed you, but I heard you mentioned it to Robbie. But it is Trucker's day, brother, and you are the best about keeping us informed and so on your appreciation.
Speaker 1: It was a darker little six You got a horn for us? No, I don't.
Speaker 24: I'm actually twenty feet from the truck right now. I should have gotten the truck. I didn't think you'd.
Speaker 7: Answered that that.
Speaker 1: That's all right. How long you've been over the road, truck driver.
Speaker 7: I'm not over the road anymore.
Speaker 24: I was a truck driver up until about two years ago.
Speaker 7: I'm a mechanic now.
Speaker 24: But uh, you guys, even when I was on the road, I was either their iHeart or I was local. I'd keep it on the old school, keep it on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we love our truckers so much.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 1: Our best listeners. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean they listened the most. They listened the most, and with that, damn iHeartRadio. App the second best thing that my company ever did, first being hiring me, right, but that app.
Speaker 1: To take us with you everywhere. It's amazing. Jason, Thank you so much.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 1: Happy ten four.
Speaker 24: Day, Yes, sir, love you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys just keep doing what you do. Thank you, Jason, Appreciate you, over and out. Marco. Good morning, Hello sir, Good morning, Good morning, Marco. You're up next on Hoping Phones Friday. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 7: I just want to give a shout out to one of my friends over there, in Dallas.
Speaker 1: You got a really good job, and I just wanted to give a shout out to him. You're a good friend.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: What's his name, Yeah, Bradley. What kind of job did he get? Oh he's working in a school like a officer, and so yeah, well that's awesome. You're a good friend, Marco, and I want to say thank you, and I hope you guys have a nice weekend.
Speaker 13: That's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Marco. Great job, Logan, You're next up. Good morning, Logan, Good morning, hey man.
Speaker 1: What you got for us today? Good morning man.
Speaker 15: I've been calling and I know you might give him no way there, but going everywhere for you get what's happening?
Speaker 1: Have you been showing up to some of these ticket events that we were you were you out last night showing up?
Speaker 12: I'm calling it.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I was that forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well we got one week, dude, we got one week last.
Speaker 3: We do have some fun things planned for the final weeks.
Speaker 5: Like three times.
Speaker 20: But hey, my name next time.
Speaker 3: We're good, all right, my brother, Thank you, Logan, Thanks thanks for coming out.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I am going to be at Little Woodrow's in Edo, and uh, I'm sorry, just so everybody knows where it is. It's the place formerly that was Lucky's. Uh, they have redone the place. They got an outdoor now it's it's they It's amazing, it really is. It's amazing. And it's still right there behind where the Dynamo play. I'll be there on Thursday with a bunch of tickets. So there's another opportunity. Why why wouldn't we send Chili out next week with tickets?
Speaker 1: Hey, Mike, good morning. Were you out last night? Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 15: How you doing brother?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great thing, Thank you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was out last night at the porkys Man. We had a great time. I was there with the family and a lot of people were there for the sake.
Speaker 1: The line was wrapped around the building. It was insane last Yeah, And I hope I in the microphone. I know I did. I hope everybody heard. I'm like, humble, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You know, we go to these areas and it's been I don't know six years since I did a gig out Numble, and you're just wondering.
Speaker 1: Hey, have they forgotten about us?
Speaker 2: And me?
Speaker 3: And you guys came out in such droves. I met the owner I met three different managers there last night, and I said, listen, I said, look around. I hope you're happy. I said, it doesn't have to be rod Ryan Show anniversary time, but just let's let's come up with something.
Speaker 1: Let's do a party here. But let me come back on a Friday or a Saturday and we'll level this place. I mean in a good way, in a good way. I want to go back.
Speaker 15: It was great, man, you guys show up, we're definitely going back.
Speaker 1: I mean it was going there regardless.
Speaker 12: It was a great place.
Speaker 15: But if you guys show up again, it's gonna be one heck of a party.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you there, all right, thank you, my brother, Thank you, Mike. I appreciate you coming out. Easy, good morning.
Speaker 15: What's up, brother, Ron?
Speaker 1: So easy?
Speaker 24: It me?
Speaker 1: Well? He wrote easy down for me?
Speaker 10: Is he?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Is he?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 9: He?
Speaker 23: Man?
Speaker 15: I'm gonna thank you for coming out to Humble last night and showing us some love at forty.
Speaker 1: You and I met your sister last night, correct.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, you did.
Speaker 1: She was so funny. She was so funny. Hey, she's like my brother wins all the time with you guys. He brags to all his friends that you guys know who he is. It was so funny. Your sister was so animated. I had such a good time talking to her.
Speaker 15: Hey, my son won the ticket. You could have pronounced his name. It was booby doobie booby.
Speaker 1: Son of a bitch. This guy had the worst already. Listen, the team knows that I am the absolute worst at pronouncing names.
Speaker 6: Are you're the best at announcing them the worst?
Speaker 1: I am the worst at it ever. And and Isy's son was there and it looked like Ubi doobie skadoo booby doo. He's gonna be at the party.
Speaker 6: Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 1: And that's what I kept calling out.
Speaker 11: I kept telling him, dude, go check.
Speaker 23: And he's like, oh, he's kill me.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't want to go check. I'm scared, So tell me your son's name.
Speaker 15: His name was Dominic Lefev.
Speaker 3: Dominic Lefev. Yes, dominic Lefev. Looked like it didn't look like dominic at all. It like ubi dooby la foobie.
Speaker 1: Shooby dovvy yep do do.
Speaker 3: It was a scooby doo in the middle there everything. I could not get this name down. I'm so glad that he came over to check.
Speaker 1: He's like, Okay, I know that idiot just said Ooby dooby Scooby doo but let me just check if it's me. And it was Izzy Son. So guy, thanks bro.
Speaker 15: So he took me to picket for my birthday.
Speaker 1: He gave me to you.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, he did birthday.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 15: Yes, So I will be partying with you. I can't wait. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: All right, is he listen? Are you bringing your sister? She was there last night bringing my wife? Okay, okay, so's I hope.
Speaker 3: I hope your sister comes out to some or she wins some tickets. Because you guys are just they're like wrecking balls. They're like wrecking balls.
Speaker 1: They were so much fun. That's another line. Open guys, what do you want to talk about? Open phones? Friday? I love it. I'm so here for you guys today seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five. Rod Ryan Shows effects include Mood Swings, Mood.
Speaker 3: Swings ninety four to five, The Bus, Imagine Dragons, and Enemy, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Uh team, Yes, yes, have we always had music in the bathrooms here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 9: All well like radio music or the where they're playing the piano and it's playing like songs.
Speaker 1: It Yeah, it was popular song, some kind of Cat Stevens music. Maybe it was his brother Rat Stevens. I don't know there was music in the bathroom. I do not remember music always like something like piano playing always fancy. Every time I've been in that bathroom, there's music.
Speaker 9: I don't pay attention to every time, but I do recall. There's no way because it's like sometimes like it's popular songs, you know, but it's just a piano version of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've read this one rescue in there.
Speaker 6: I thought it was quiet in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard music just now, unless that was my internal monologue attention to yourself.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Know.
Speaker 6: If I like, I'm trying to poop and it's quiet, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Say, okay, same. I know there's not been music, right. Maybe it's been down for a while. Okay, I'll give you that every day. Okay, maybe it's been it's like too quiet.
Speaker 1: I like to have a little music while I'm going. It's open phones Friday, It's all right. I only went Onesie the two minute song. And at times, yeah, I know, I imagine Dragon, it's two and a half minutes. Believe me, it was number one justin open phones.
Speaker 15: Yo, yo, brother Rob.
Speaker 23: What's going on guys?
Speaker 1: Brother justin? What do you got for us? Man? Good to have you on?
Speaker 23: Oh Man, all right that I have to call and say what's up to you guys, Dave if I get through, and I did, and just saying it's a good time, man, I want.
Speaker 1: I want to appreciate it.
Speaker 23: I just want to say you guys, I already do appreciate. I'll say that y'all's really due for the community and so thank.
Speaker 8: You and.
Speaker 15: Fans that it was nice to see.
Speaker 3: Thank you Justin. I really really appreciate your words. And that's what it's about. You don't have to be pushing or hawking something or whatever.
Speaker 1: Just call to say hi.
Speaker 3: I appreciate just the high but what you said afterwards, and again, we don't expect this and that's not why we do the things that we do. So many people in Humble last night were so nice to like Rod number one, thanks for coming out here.
Speaker 1: Number two, where's chili? Number three? Number three? Thanks for what you guys do. And you know, we just get up early and we talk on the radio. Sure, we try to do some things and we raise some money and stuff, but it was really recognized last night and it was really nice to hear and justin you just kind of said that as well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 15: Man, Hey, hey here, yeah, but thank you.
Speaker 23: Also.
Speaker 1: I want to apprize pre Friday.
Speaker 7: I'm won a beer.
Speaker 23: And then I got a first bone call a couple of weeks ago, a few months ago. Yeah, and I never really got to collect my collected so I don't know what this isn't.
Speaker 5: The line for that's a human reach, that's like the PR department.
Speaker 1: But so you really really really I didn't even really care about care about.
Speaker 10: The beer, man.
Speaker 23: I really just happy to get talk and talk to you guys.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. What Lsten that was?
Speaker 23: That was my main thing.
Speaker 1: Have chili check how long has it been? Because I don't know how long to hang out on this stuff.
Speaker 23: Hey, hey, so so it's faday so oh February, March.
Speaker 15: April, maybe April or May.
Speaker 1: Okay, something like that. As long as it's not twenty eighteen, I think we might stay. We might still have you, bro.
Speaker 6: I think we should ask Chile.
Speaker 1: Come get you all. Right, Come get your beers. I'm gonna put your holes as chill. If you have got your beer. If you win, I want to drink it. Oh it's gone, dude, I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Justin Lee, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 9: How are y'all this morning?
Speaker 1: Awesome? How are you? I'm doing well.
Speaker 11: I just want to wish my amazing husband, Jeremy a happy birthday this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's all the same birthday as Robbie Callerton. Robbie.
Speaker 24: He just always goes above and beyond for our family and friends, and he doesn't get enough recognition.
Speaker 1: So I just want to let everybody know how wonderful he is.
Speaker 24: And I hope he has an amazing birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: Give everybody his name name, Jeremy, Jeremy, what Jarvis? Jeremy Jarvis. Happy birthday Jeremy. And where do you guys live? Thank you?
Speaker 24: We live in Laporte.
Speaker 1: I'm actually Leah and Laporte.
Speaker 6: I talk to you all the time.
Speaker 1: Sure, now you guys going out? It's Friday, and Alex kind of just quickly mentioned it. He said, it's always fun when your birthday he's on a Friday or Saturday. You got a weekend, You got plans. Yes, we actually have some birthday dinners planned and we're going to go see The Joker this weekend. So we're going to go out and have a little fun. All right, Well, give us a review, man, I'm scared of what I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: Tomatoes numbers are coming in really, friend on frond off Eli is telling me, he's like, whoa dude, it's not looking good with these numbers.
Speaker 1: And even Dallas Daniel, even Dallas Daniel said the early reviews not good for that right now.
Speaker 3: Truck driver logan our second logan during open phones today, good morning, bye.
Speaker 18: Good morning.
Speaker 27: I was calling and win some tickets or some beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah your ass.
Speaker 27: Hey, I just want to tell you guys a proper way to eat salta Cereal real quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, Tesla real quick. If everybody didn't hear you, there's this they're pushing it. Now, what is it? Tostedo, says sel c Cereals.
Speaker 5: When like you have crumbs at the end of the bag, or you could just take a handful of tortillo chips, crush them into a bowl, then pour salsa on them and boom, sell Cereal.
Speaker 1: You're eating it. Like cereal.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what is the proper way? Truck driver Logan? All right, perfect, babe, just wait your phone.
Speaker 1: You go in a tunnel. Yeah, dude, we just lost you. Go ahead, try to get.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 27: You take the bag and what you do is you cut it down to where it's just like, you know, like a little bowl. You pour your salsa in a separate bowl and you get you a spoon.
Speaker 1: You took a spoon salsa.
Speaker 27: You push it through like a bulldozer through all those chips, and then you take a bite and that is the proper way to do it so you don't get soggy, nasty chips.
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, truck driver Logan knows this stuff. That's awesome. I need to know what adjustment he made from that. He recovered well though. Phone line, Yeah, Crystal, good morning, Good morning. Hey Crystal, you're on open phones Friday.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 25: I'm okay, I'm a little upset that my brother is he's not taking me and taking his wife.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, hell yeah, that's your right.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy. I hope you heard. I really really enjoyed me to you.
Speaker 3: Your energy last night was infectious and you were so genuine and everything that I said earlier.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, oh there is. He's always bragging to everybody that you know. Rod Ryan Show talks about him all the time, and you were happy for him. But I just put him on the spot and he said, he's taking his wife. He's not taking you. That's uh oh yeah, no, he knows, he knows better. You better take his wife. Oh okay, So okay. So it's like that. So we got all next week, Crystal. I hope to get you back on. You got all next week to win tickets. I hope you win. I feel good. I feel good good vibes coming from you. All Right, We're only giving out of five ticket if I if I do not win.
Speaker 27: He did win the Ghost Tour tickets from Teresa, so he's gonna give me a score package.
Speaker 1: Okay, on the same day, I believe. And then one follow up, Crystal, I know that you took a picture. Did you send it to me? I did not. I will do that as soon as I get to the jug that's so interesting, j D.
Speaker 6: All right, send me that picture of us, Yes, sir, I'll have a good one.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Crystal. I enjoyed meeting you. Jordan Welch and the machine's been holding. Good morning Jordan, Hey brother Rod, what's happenings some us up?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: What you got. I just want to give a shout out to my god mom.
Speaker 22: She actually used to be a.
Speaker 8: Radio personality of Houston when the Bull used to.
Speaker 1: Be Kilt back in the day.
Speaker 24: Leslie t Tratis her birthday Sunday, and I'll be going out there Christmas this year, So happy birthday, Leslie.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of things with her. She used to live in Houston. I just love her and I miss her.
Speaker 3: I hope you're listening, so Jordan, You're always awesome on the shout outs, man, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: My brother Melissa next up on open phones. Hi, I just wanted to.
Speaker 5: Tell y'all good morning. I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Y'all guys think my morning every day.
Speaker 15: It's so fun listening to y'all.
Speaker 5: And I'm always working on Friday, so I never get to do this.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate y'all, man, I appreciate you. Those are that's why we come in. That's why we come in, That's why we do what we do, come in, play the hits, talk a little trash, hopefully laugh a little bit, maybe give out just a little bit of information. But connecting with you, Melissa, connecting with you what it's all about.
Speaker 20: Thank you, Bye bye, y'all have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Thanks Alfredo. Open phones. Good morning, Hey sir, how are you. I'm doing great? What do you have for us? You're on the air, yes, sir.
Speaker 20: So remember a little time back, you all gave my daughter a shout out when she went into the Air Force when I would send you that pick from the rodeo.
Speaker 1: I'm not just saying this, I remember this. I remember you doing being on the air and us wishing her luck. Absolutely.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she's in England. She got stationed in England, and she was sad because she had to go to Spain for her birthday. While she's out there, poor girl.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pray for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when is dad going over there for a trip to go visit her.
Speaker 20: So it's kind of difficult because she left Spain today back to England. Then she's going to Italy for training, and then she's going with the fighter Jets to Finland training.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I told her, I said, you ain't going to be stationed in the States. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: I'm God for you.
Speaker 3: You have a chance for someone to pay for you to see the world. I realize it comes with a lot. Anybody that's done military I get it. I never did, but I have so many friends that did it. I know that it comes with a lot. But you milk that military for everything. Make them pay for your school, make them pay for you to travel around, make them pay for you to see the world.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like she's doing that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she did.
Speaker 20: It wasn't her choice, but I told her that's what's going to happen, because in the Marine Corps they only send you to crappy places.
Speaker 1: And Air Force commercial. You sound like you know from experience, Alfredo.
Speaker 20: Yeah, for twenty three year Marine Corps veteran, and I was a start major in the Marine Corps.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Devil Dog, thank you, Thank you to you and your daughter.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying hearing about this journey from time to time. It's fun.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Sasha Francos, last time you gave her a shoutout.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. All right, thank you, Alfredo and Sashow. We're glad you're doing so well and seeing the world. I'd like to see some pictures, Yes, sir, you will, Thank you, Alfredo. It's a great way to wind up open phones Friday, guys.
Speaker 3: I agree my favorite hour of radio on the radio because you guys make it special.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much for that. What haven't we given away?
Speaker 5: We have the two hundred dollars Academy gift card which is celebrating twin years of the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that mimics the one that Chile has on our Facebook page because we got to give away twenty of these, so yeah, nineteen and twenty being given away today. So know the show tesla will have a question for you on the flip of this break man.
Speaker 1: Love you guys.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking alternative The Rod r.
Speaker 8: Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Welcome back, where we got one last bit of business before we turn you loose, Chilito, When are you shutting down the gift card on Rod Ryan Show Facebook? I just did, Oh you did? Okay? Yeah, you have a winner for you, go ahead announce it.
Speaker 21: Congratulations to Richard Basquez.
Speaker 1: Who I could use you and your annunciation and pronunciation last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 21: The reason I selected him is because he he said, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, it wouldn't even be going to me.
Speaker 21: The money would be going to help buy equipment for the soccer team I helped coach.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. So I was like, I was like, you know what, that data right there. This guy's a softy love it.
Speaker 6: You are such a teddy bear for that means quid acting tough.
Speaker 21: If I would have won, I would have but London all the Houston Texans gear for her to wear this weekends.
Speaker 4: To the game.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: I told you she had her choice. Okay, and again, stop acting tough. You're not tough.
Speaker 4: I am tough.
Speaker 1: You couldn't. You're pudding. I'm tough. That's your new name, Pudding. That's it. Honestly, I was going to ask it.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, what is Chili going to wear this weekend at the Texans game?
Speaker 1: But he's not sure if he's going yet. I have so I have another question back up. But remember he had.
Speaker 5: Talked about buying his his overall yeah and then making them into short yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope you go to the game because I could use some security.
Speaker 21: Because I'm soft best cotton.
Speaker 1: Remember I'm worried about it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm worried about me and my Josh Allen Jersey. All right, thank you, Chili. All right, So we have one more of these to give away. Okay, celebrating twenty years twenty days, a two hundred dollars acad Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 1: You do whatever you want with it. What's the question?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 5: So the question is what song got its first spin of the.
Speaker 1: Of the season.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, sure, I don't know. Seven, one, three, five If you know the show right right?
Speaker 7: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Bus, ninety four five, The bus, Good Morning Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Fuel hemorrhage in my hands. All right, guys, we gotta wrap up the show. Get out of here, get on down the road. What a weekend we got planned here? What a weekend we got planned for you?
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 14: He's now time for you know this show on ninety four to five The buzz.
Speaker 23: La la la la la la la la.
Speaker 13: La la la la la la, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 23: If you're talking to me, this is justin I.
Speaker 1: Am talking to Hi, Justin, Good morning too.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, you're on, bro.
Speaker 1: You are on the Rod Ryan Show. We are on the air and we're about to see if you know the show, Tessa, what's your question? Hey?
Speaker 6: Can you tell me what song got its first spin of the season?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, the Little Girl singing the Halloween song?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, right, you got it? Eat my Pumpka, my Pumpkin. Yeah, the Trick or Treat song. Justin, you just wanted to. I just want to another show. What are you giving them?
Speaker 15: Dude?
Speaker 1: You you get two hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: You get two hundred dollars Academy gift card. Shout out to Academy. Twenty years of Rob Ryan Show. They're celebrating and you win. You know the show.
Speaker 7: That's amazing.
Speaker 23: I've been trying for quite a while and I'm gonna be there at the anniversary party as well.
Speaker 1: I got my tickets from the textas Camra game a while back. Oh you won the Hammer game. Very good. Well, listen, Justin just wins everything over here. Have a great weekend. Thanks, thank you, thank you so much. You're part of the show. I am have a great weekend. I am thank you. Okay, can I get a little of this here.
Speaker 26: I used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. D I got a fever and the only prescription is more cow bell. Yeah, that's exactly what I needed.
Speaker 3: Abby beat Sweet Baby Ray this morning. Yeah, for her third straight victory. She's going for number four on Monday. She's a man eater. She's killing it. Will she be in the Hall of Fame? We'll find out Monday and Tuesday. All right, Fanny Friday.
Speaker 1: Alex approved, Alex approved that in home rule, we both like snapped heads over weight? Who is this guy? It just keeps us on our toes. Thank you Specs for the beer you Gotta Do Drink video with Specs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually okay, so it was out last week, but I didn't talk about it much, so it's still on the blog page. You got to kind of click through. But it's a it's a pretty delicious cucumber martini, all right, and I think people will enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Thank you to all the open phones callers.
Speaker 3: Thank you to everybody that came out to Porky's and now you're sending me all your picks and uh, I mean, is he? I know that you got to bring your wife, but really take a long look at that sister bringing her. I don't know, they're probably both forces of nature. Thank you to Academy. As we wrap it up, Academy Sports an Outdoors, great sponsor, twenty days, twenty years, two hundred dollars every day. I you know, I threw that out there to them and I said, here's what I'd like to do, just thinking I'm going to get a no, like.
Speaker 1: Don't be dumb. You're not giving away two hundred dollars every day for four weeks. They didn't. They said, yeah, of course we'll do that. And great sponsors. Thank you, Thank you, Academy. Everybody loves you.
Speaker 3: Alex has six picks this weekend. Okay, rod Ryan Show replays tomorrow. You know what else is tomorrow? The rod Ryan Show fourth Annual Boobdrock Charity Car Show presented by West Houston Muscle.
Speaker 1: That's our boy, Sean and everybody is coming. It's all ages, bring the pets and the dogs and whatever. Just know that you know the weather's going to be what the weather and what the weather is. But yeah, you can still you can still get your car registered. You just show up in the morning and Sean takes cash or card now and you can get your car registered. We can see how great all that stuff you've been working on in your little garage over there. Show off your vehicles.
Speaker 3: Man, if you don't have a vehicle, which I don't have, like a cool show off vehicle, I like to walk around and look.
Speaker 6: At all of That's my favorite.
Speaker 1: That doesn't cost you anything.
Speaker 5: You just walk around unless you see a car you have to have and then you just buy it right off the car show lot.
Speaker 3: There's many of those cars are for sale. We listen, everything in life is for saying that's right. Everything's if they're saying that's right. So yeah, I think everybody kind of operates that way unless it was handed down from Grandpa or something.
Speaker 6: Most of those cars still want and I want it more.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: We'll see you guys out there starting it around like nine o'clock. Like I'm telling people, like nine to one.
Speaker 1: That sounds good. That's a good window. Okay, if you want to register your car, you can get there as early as eight o'clock. Sewan's an animal. He'll be there signing you in. Okay. Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 3: He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour Car Show tomorrow. There was a new past the Gravy up this week.
Speaker 1: There's that new drink video that Tessa has, and then she's also going to be on Houston Life today at one o'clock. One more week.
Speaker 3: Next week's going to be fun because it's the week leading up to what we've been talking about for such a long time. The Rod Ryan Show twentyth Diniversary Party is next Saturday. I have all kinds of fun things to do next week. I can't wait for you to join.
Speaker 1: Us for all of them. That's it, guys. Oh, Chili's coming to the car show. Oh that's it. Tell Mancuso order extra chairs. Okay, that's it, guys. Have an awesome weekend, man, am Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 14: If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.