Speaker 1: Attention jittoheads, Attention bo scouts. It's time for the soul of excellence.
Speaker 2: He is a radio host here in New York.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour is on the air, Rush Rush. Now here's James Golden.
Speaker 3: Welcome my friends to the Wednesday edition in both Nerdalies. Rush Hour, James Golden here with you. Eight hundred eight four eight nine to two two is how you reach us. I don't even know where to start. Let me just start by saying, every day is like Christmas. These days, every day you unravel a new present and you can either feel amused, sentimental, a wide range of emotion. It's also if you look at the news from a certain perspective, like watching a live comedy show taking place in front of your eyes. The Left are losing their minds on a level that we have not seen them lose their minds before. Now let me just begin with a look back and see if this comport to your memory of events. When Donald Trump's first term began, it seemed for weeks.
Speaker 4: It was utter chaos.
Speaker 3: Every time Donald Trump would say something the very next day in the paper, you'd have Republicans and Democrats going, You'd have leaks from inside the White House with backstories, you'd have this endlessen It was as if Donald Trump were on the defensive from the very moment his hand left the Bible.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he did use the Bible.
Speaker 3: And I know about the one that I know about it anyway, But from the time his hand left the Bible, it's like the chaos began and he was on the defensive. Every time you turn around, Donald Trump is either having to battle some members, some recalcitrant members of his own political party, or he's battling Democrats. How the tables have turned. Donald Trump is unleashing a historic a historic accounting of American government. And it is not Donald Trump that is only defensive. It is liberals from not just America but all over the world. And they are losing their collective minds. Now you wouldn't know that from reading what's left of their legacy press. For instance, I have a headline here from the Associated Press, Trump and Musk dismantling of government is shaking the foundations of US democracy. Why Donald Trump is reaching back just a very beginning of US democracy and he's shaking.
Speaker 4: He's shaking.
Speaker 3: The pillars of the White House. He's shaking was built by slaves. He's shaking.
Speaker 4: He's shaking the Capitol Dome foundations bill by slaves.
Speaker 3: He's sinking the very foundations of the Treasury Department, shaking them up.
Speaker 4: He's shaking everything.
Speaker 3: The whole thing looks like it's getting ready to crumble down because Donald Trump is reaching back to destroy everything that George Washington, Adams, Jefferson Madison, that Indian hater President.
Speaker 4: Lincoln, all of them, FDR.
Speaker 3: They all built this and here it comes to damn Donald Trumpery thing shaking the holding down.
Speaker 4: There's not what's going on here, folks.
Speaker 3: Do Trump is shaking the foundations of the Democrat Party and the Republican establishment money money grubbing machine. He's shaking the foundations of their institutional power. And we never knew, we suspected, we've been saying there's a deep state. He and Elon Musk are revealing, slice by slice what the deep state looks like. And that's why you have the Associated Press today. When Elon Musk debuted the Department of Government Efficiency regionally, the Capital House Speaker Mike Johnson enthusiastically predicted the coming Trump administration would bring a lot of change around here. Three weeks in the change. Donald Trump administration has brought us a disruption of federal government on an unprecedented scale, dismantling long standing programs. How dare he? How dare he? We put these damn programs in place. Democrats put these damn programs in.
Speaker 4: Place, and we hit them.
Speaker 3: And now this bastic is out trying to dismantle everything that we Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry, sparking wide spread public outcry. There's that widespread public outcry. Most people are shocked. You you mean we've been spending money on what? What do you mean We're better spending money on drag operas or to some what are.
Speaker 4: You talking about? Oh what now?
Speaker 3: Exactly, we've been spending money on what, well, a large public No, the only outcry is coming from these democrats and there who are losing their minds.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went out and got some guy that's a conservative. Bryan Riddell, a longtime economic advisor to conservative Republicans, now with the Manhattan Institute think tank.
Speaker 4: This is an erosion of our democracy. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's an erosion of the Democrat schemes on how they held on for power, no matter who was inhabiting the White House. That's what's being eroded here. Let me give you a perfect example yesterday, minding my own business on X formerly known as Twitter. Right, I see this story that people over at Politico, the Washington establishment magazine, news source that always seems to, even when they try to pretend to be bounds, always seems to give us smart little slap at Republicans most of the time. So I'm reading this little item that popped up on X that the payroll over it over it Political had run into some problems. People, first time ever hadn't been paid. Their direct deposits hadn't been paid. Oh, I say to myself, how does this happened? How do you have a major publication part of the Washington establishment reading and these good reporters and report directs over at Political went to look in their bank account, got bills to pay, just like all the rest of us do most of us, and lo and behold there's no money. And they're like, what do you know that the word that comes after that when there's no money where they're supposed to be money. And so this story, they said it was some little technical glitch. Okay, first time ever, Political reporters, reporter ats, journalists not being paid.
Speaker 4: I wrote a little joke.
Speaker 3: I said, well, darn, it's not like their paychecks came from USAID, did they. I posted that yesterday. Listen to the White House spokesperson Caroline love It number eighteen. Listen to what Caroline Lovitt told us this afternoon.
Speaker 5: And I can confirm that the more than eight million taxpayer dollars that have gone to essentially subsidizing subscriptions to Politico, the American taxpayer's dying will no longer be happening. The DOGE team is working on kans those payments.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Again, this is a whole of government effort to ensure that we are going line by line when it comes to the federal of government's books. And this president and his team are are making decisions across the board on do these receipts serve the interests of the American people. Is this a good use of the American taxpayer's money. If it is not, that funding will no longer be sent abroad and American taxpayers will see significant savings because of that effort.
Speaker 4: It was political eight million.
Speaker 3: Bucks in subscriptions courtesy us AID and an agency that was put in place, mind you, to help further our political interest in foreign lands. And yet domestic publication that just happens happens to be full of lots of liberal Trump hating Republican hating journalists fuel to the tune of eight million dollars of subscriptions by you. And we didn't know it. We didn't know a thing about it. Nineteen sixty nine, American singer songwriter Bobby Brown, a member of New Edition, was born crazy.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm okay.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty nine, this one went to number one questions my prerogative, James Golden, snurly.
Speaker 4: What you hear, bot snurly is rush hours?
Speaker 6: Eight million dollars a year in subscriptions to political and we knew nothing about it?
Speaker 1: Rush this is the rush hour with James Golden.
Speaker 2: Label James Golden known popularly as bost nervely.
Speaker 1: If this is the rush hour with James Golden rush.
Speaker 7: But let me tell y'all something tho. Some of y'all have been frustrated, and you've been saying, what.
Speaker 4: Democrats, where are the leaders?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm here to.
Speaker 8: Tell you that we ain't never.
Speaker 7: Left ang all right where he were? Make sure that they uphold the law. We are not gonna sit around while you go ahead and desecrate our constitution or you look at the laws that have been passed into law and say never mind, we'll.
Speaker 4: Just ignore that. Instead, we are gonna be in your faith.
Speaker 7: You're gonna be on your asses.
Speaker 4: And we are gonna be sure.
Speaker 7: Oh, we're gonna make sure you understand what democracy looks like.
Speaker 8: This, ain't it.
Speaker 7: So let me tell you something, mister Trump.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. You gonna learn lessens from us. You gonna learn if you listen from us, And I will.
Speaker 7: Be the first one. You're little friend off of Twitter, y'all about to find out?
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, that's a Jasmine Crockett losing I would say losing her mind, but that makes a lot of assumptions. Uh, let's see. Nineteen sixty seven, the Beatles were filming a promo clip for Penny Lane around the World Theater in Stratford, London, walking up and down Angel Wayne in London, one of the first examples of what later would be called a music video. The Beatles nineteen sixty seven, preceded by Representative Hood Rap. I'm sorry, Representative Jasmine Crockett. Uh, it may surprise you this one. The next one may surprise you because it's happened already. Boy Friends, it is happening. It's happened already. It's no let's just listen. It's happening. It's happening. They still Uh huh, Yes, speaker, uh huh.
Speaker 8: And I rise today, mister speaker, with a to whom it may concern, message, whom it may concern.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm concerned.
Speaker 8: Cleansing in Gaza not a joke.
Speaker 4: Nobody talking about that actially when.
Speaker 8: It em and as from the President of the United States, the most powerful person in the world, he is when he has the ability to perfect what he says. Ethnic cleansing in Gaza is no joke. And the Prime Minister of Israel should be ashamed, knowing the history of his people, to stand there and allow such things to be said. Ethnic cleansing has been a crime against humanity. I stand here today in the well to denounce what he was said, to denounce what the President said, to denounce the complicity of the Prime Minister. Please remind people that doctor King was right in justice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, and the justice in Gaza is a threat to justice in the United States. I rise to that the movement to impeach the president has begun. Here we are rise to announce that I bring articles of impeachments against yesterd Yes, what dastly deeds proposed? And yes the deeds done.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 8: I also rise to say the impeachment movement is gonna be a grass up movement.
Speaker 4: A grasshop of down. We're gonna smoke some.
Speaker 1: Grasple have got to move forward.
Speaker 8: The people have to demand it, and when the distinctile demanded, it will be done.
Speaker 4: I did it before.
Speaker 8: I laid the foundation for impeachment, and it was done. Nobody knows more about it than I, and I know that it's time for us to lay the foundation again. On some issues, it is better to stand alone than not stand at all. On this issue, I stand alone, but I stand for justice.
Speaker 4: I yield back the balance of my time. The gentleman yields back. Members amind.
Speaker 2: James Golden, known popularly as most Nerdly.
Speaker 1: This is the rush hour with James Golden Rush.
Speaker 8: He has broken the law time and time again.
Speaker 9: This cannot stand.
Speaker 10: He must be held accountable, He must be made to pay.
Speaker 4: We must enforce the law.
Speaker 3: Yeah uhh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: Brot him out, pop him out, the anti the coalition that grows and grows and grows.
Speaker 8: There can be no boys in this fight. And it's time that we understand the only thing necessary for wrong to triumph is for right to do.
Speaker 4: Nothing, for right to be silent. And so understand this.
Speaker 8: There are legislators walking through here, but these are the ways we're gonna fight.
Speaker 12: USAID saves lives, makes peace, protects our planning, stabilizes our world, does great work. Let's chair for the name win of us AID.
Speaker 13: Politicals wins and our foreign aid is completely shut down. If Elon Musk wins and our foreign assistance completely.
Speaker 4: Ends, who will cheer and who will win?
Speaker 12: The contails will win, terrorists will win, Russia will win, China will win. This effort is not efficient, it is not sane, it is not respectful, and it does not make America safe.
Speaker 9: I call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh huh, you don't win too. A lot of the taxpayers who have been paying for things that they had no idea, like paying for political subscriptions, paying for sex changes in Guatemala. That's what was revealed today at a press conference. Sex change operations for people in Guatemala, a new sesame street show in Iraq. Six million dollars to fund tourism in Egypt. Yes, my friends, and guess what to make sure that there was no disinformation in Kazakistan, we sent over let's see, four point five million dollars. The two million, by the way, we only spent, so not too much, just only two million on sex change operations for people in Guatemala. That's how we're protecting the world. Chris Coons and some of these others forgot to mention that when they were lauding the wonderful work that USAID does and apparently making sure that Political reported staff. You know, those those great American journalists over it Political didn't even have a story on Political about political not paying their people and then Political taking eight million dollars in subscriptions from the American taxpayer. They didn't even think it was newsworthy or politically relevant at Politico.
Speaker 4: This is an anniversary.
Speaker 3: Last year this day we were having one of the biggest wine fest, wine Whie wine Fest because poor little Beyonce, poor Beyonce broke the record for all time Grammys. She had thirty two and that was before they dumped a bunch more on her this year, but they did not Outdare. Then they did not give Beyonce the Album of the Year, and people including mister Z were very unhappy about it. And it was supposedly a lot of racism going on out there because even though this woman has had more Grammys than any other human being, black, white, red, yellow, green, orange, she didn't get an Album of the Year and you people must be racist or bags or something. Anyway, they fixed it. She got the best album of the Year this year, So nobody's whiring anymore about Beyonce. Beyonce, thank you. Don't even fade it, just cut it. Thank you, Beyonce. I don't have anything against Beyonce. She's brilliant. Her marketing is brilliant. Is she the best singer I've ever heard in my life? I came up in an age when people sang I'm sorry. We had like Rica, we had so many others, forgive me, I remember what female vocalists that sounded like. And even before Wreather, there was Sarah Vaughan. There were people like Elephantzgerald, there were people like so many others, Patsy Kleine, people I mean female vocalist, I mean real ones, Charlie Bassie. I mean, you could go on and on, So forgive me. I hear it being I'm saying. I say, yeah, okay, most Grammys of all time. Okay, sure, okay, let's see, okay, more soundbites because these people are losing their minds. Let us visit. We already they're impeaching til you heard. That was Al Green, by the way, not not let's stay together, Al Green, but that was Al Green from Texas. That is starting impeachment proceeding again. He's violent impeachment for Donald Trump. It's three weeks. What took you so long?
Speaker 4: Now? These people?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's see Andy Kim, the new senator from New Joisey. Let's listen to Andy Kim and see what he has to say. That's cut yeah, yeah, period is cut six.
Speaker 10: You know this is not about charity. I don't want the American people to think this is just about charity, that this is a dollar away from our health help for our own communities. You know, this is about us in this very dangerous political, very dangerous local environment right now, the most dangerous environment I've ever seen here in my lifetime. We deserve having every tool at our disposal, and we've always had a foreign policy based upon defense, diplomacy, and development. That is something that Ronald Reagan himself with his big supporter of, which is why USAID is in the Reagan Building here in DC, is because it was a bipartisan understanding about having that Those two.
Speaker 3: Million dollars for sex changes in Guatemala. I don't think that's something that Ronald Reagan would have gone for. Drag shows being funded overseas doesn't sound somehow to me, mister Kim like it said Ronald Reagan initiative money for political Oh I'm sure Ronald Reagan would have thought that was okay, money for the mainstream press so that they could bash Republicans and work for the Democrat Party. Oh yeah, yeah, that sounds certainly like something that Ronald Reagan would have been all about. Let's go to cut twelve. Let's see what they say over at Seeing It. I wonder if Seeing then got any money. I'm waiting to see. Do you suppose can we do you think maybe ceeingn got some money? And I'll we'll find out.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Let's check out Dana Bash and a Mischigan on seeing it.
Speaker 14: Can you tell me I don't see any legal basis for the Doees group or or you don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll stop it right there.
Speaker 3: This is this so called reporter at Dana Bash, I don't see any illegal basis for dub which let me explain it to you since you don't seem to understand how this works, Miss Bash. Big time CNN reporter Donald Trump was elected to the presidency of the United States of America. Hence that makes him in charge of the executive branch. I followed with me, Dana, I know this is hard, especially if you didn't pay attention in Civics one on one in college, or if you missed the entire American history courses that were offered in elementary school, junior high school, in high school. Really difficult to grasp this, miss Dana Bash. Donald Trump was elected by the people of the United States to be their president. He won both the popular vote and the electoral College. But guess what, only the electoral college really mattered. He would have been president no matter what, but he has both. Now he's in charge of the executive branch. You know what, Dana, here's what you may not get since you don't understand the legal how this is legal. Doze is an agency that was created in the federal the the the the executive branch of the United States government. They are a legitimate agency. President took care of the paperwork on that. He did that, he runs it. So so he actually is now executweing, that's not a word, he's he's being an executive. I'm trying to make this palatable for the hood rats like Jasmine. So you got to make up like, you know, ethnic sound you know, ebonic sounding words. So he's an executive. So he's executive executive viewing, well, whatever it is, he's in charge. So he's being in charge and he's telling these guys, okay, let's go look and see where the money is. And they're finding it and in some cases, since he's the executive, you know what he's doing, he says, wait a minute, we think there's fraud, wasting abuse there. We're not going along with that. I'm the executive. I Am going to stop and put a pause on this till we figure it out.
Speaker 4: And some of it.
Speaker 3: By the way, he's also saying there's gonna be some spending cuts here. Did you see what he did with the CIA. Did you hear about that? Off it the whole CIA. Everybody, everybody, everybody can say it. Yeah, offer the bell out. Hi, guys want to go, now's your time, get it, get online, get a ticket.
Speaker 4: I love this guy.
Speaker 3: This is so and liberals are whining they're all losing them. Okay, let's finish bashing sheehan and then I'll finish my point.
Speaker 14: Wait, are given the fact these programs were approved by Congress and signed into law, is there anything you can do?
Speaker 15: Well, that's what's so disappointing, man, because our foreign assistance programs have been something that has had bipartisan support since we really started, as you pointed out back in the nineteen sixties, we've had congressional support in a bipartisan way, for congressional oversight of agencies, for recognizing that it's only Congress that can create agencies.
Speaker 8: And not delete.
Speaker 14: Forgive me, but we're running out of time. But I just want to get some clarity on this because obviously Republicans have said, well, that's the problem we want. The problem is that they have a reality and you're in the minority. Democrats are in the minority in the House. Is there any mechanism mechanism whether it's constitutional or well, I guess through the courts or whatever it is.
Speaker 15: Well, there are number of a number of lawsuits that are going forward, and I think those will be important. We will do everything we can to continue to call public attention to this because we need to see the public express concern. When Elon Musk can go in and get access to my grandmother's information about her tax return and her health concerns and anything the Treasury Department has, that is a very bad situation for everybody throughout the country. And what they're really trying to do is to keep people who object from saying anything because they're worried about retribution. And that's what's happening with our Republican colleagues.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, Jesu, why why don't you worried that the Treasury has your health information?
Speaker 4: Where does it grant them the ability to do that? Shut these two up? And then she.
Speaker 3: Can you hear data begging? Can't you Democrats through anything? Can't you please stop this? They're finding out everything? Can you please legally? What can you do? Your Democrats? Please stop it? This is all delicious. Every day is Christmas? Oh yeah? Ray Charles nineteen sixty two, recording Modern Sounds of Country Western music. Yeah, that's it wasn't country Carter, it was this anyway. This song became a huge hit on country music radio and then crossed over into mainstream went number one. Ray Charles nineteen sixty two recorded this one Capitol Record Studio in New York.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden. It's the Rush Hour with James Golden. Rush Now your's James Golden. Doesn't mean they won't be weak, but you know what, we just don't want him to have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: They can't have a nuclear.
Speaker 3: That's what he wants.
Speaker 4: You don't know what he wants. What do you what do you know about anything?
Speaker 3: That was by quick folks, That was Donald Trump, so reporters, but I want.
Speaker 9: To do that.
Speaker 4: You don't know what he wants. You don't know anything. Oh man, heavenly birthday any day. Hal Blaine.
Speaker 3: One of the foremost session players in America, part of the Wrecking Crew out in California, so many, so many artists. Presley Denver the around that Simon Garfunk was copingist beach Boys, Nancy snaka Fifth Dimension, all of them the birds.
Speaker 4: If you look at this guy's credit, If you listen to.
Speaker 3: Radio stations with decades, three or four decades of music, every few minutes when they go through the hits, you hear something that hal Blaine played on extensive Heavenly birthday for hal Blaine, part of the Wrecking Crew, one of the most sought after session groups in America.
Speaker 4: And it's time that it's a gentleman.
Speaker 1: James Golden aka bos Nerdly presents Rubbed Falls phone Calls.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Ted in New Jerysey, Ted, how are you this afternoon?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 9: Regarding us AID, everybody's focusing on the what. Nobody's focusing on the who. AID was headed up by Samantha Power, who got caught unmasking international phone calls during the Trump transition back in twenty sixteen. It took an Obama executive order to clear her name.
Speaker 3: Not only that, and our people are talking about it. In fact, yours truly brought up Samantha Power the other day. I have a seven minute cut that I'm holding where she is being grilled with Rand Paul. Senator Rand Paul was grilling her on guess what the USAID funding funding some of the research into viruses like these renegade viruses are out of control. Yes, yes, yes, And I spoke about that the other day and we arguing, I'm going to get to that. I'm going to find a way to play to it. Samantha Power is a known left d Anyway, let's move on. Thank you for the call, Ted Nate in Bronx, New York.
Speaker 4: How are you. I'm doing well. I hope you're doing the same.
Speaker 16: So with regard establishing a commission to investigate the FBI and law enforcement agencies for violating the civil rights and civil liberties of Americans of conservative political persuasion, I think this is an opportune moment for the Trump administration to investigate the FBI, specifically for violating the civil constitutional rights with people on the conservative right, because when you look at the FBI's history, they used to do the same thing to people on the left, but now that the left is in holds political power, they're doing it the people on the right.
Speaker 3: And well, if you've looked at these I'm sorry to cut your filibuster off there. It's a good one, by the way, and I don't mean that in an insulting way. If you look at the history of the FBI. If most people really examine the history of the FBI from the beginning, they would be astounded at how corrupt the FBI has been through much of its history. And I would say that, and because I understand there are great people that work there and great agents that are doing good and all that, that still does not negate the history of this agency under that corrupt j Edgarhoover, who was corrupt and set the tone for that corrupt agency, with a lot of good people working for it. Now, Pam Bondi is the new by the way Attorney General of the United States. I'm expecting big changes.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Let's go to Mike in South Carolina. How are you, Mike?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 17: I was laughing. Sorry to interrupt your philibuster, but yeah, I'm going to talk a little music. Last time we spoke, I know you shout on time. Right after Quincy Jones died ninety one, an icon, Muddy Waters, Joe Cocker with my Father's Place. I think Muddy Waters is still alive. And Jimmy Hendricks, I mean ed I played the drugs to everything big band jazz, blues. How about that.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 4: I gotta go because the music is calling me out. Mike.
Speaker 3: I gotta hear from you again. We got to continue this conversation. May God bless and protect each and every single one of you, your family, your loved ones, love and gratitude for your being here, my friends, and allowing me to be with you. God willing be back tomorrow for the Thursday edition of bos Nerley's Rush Hour. As always, my friends, I bid you, I do
Speaker 4: Bye.