Speaker 1: God Well.
Speaker 2: Channeling is dinner clerk. Get them the shives.
Speaker 1: Bat's the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold glove said. You want my spot, come and get it. Want to take your shot.
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here. The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 5: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: Bist overall, Bess stan Klass Padres fans can line up to kiss our ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you want my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up the first pitch, Tim Kays, Happy.
Speaker 7: Mother's Day and welcome into Morongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty six and fourteen on this season. However, they're now looking up at the Padres in the NL West. Today, the Dodgers wrap up their longest road trip of this season as they look to get a split in Arizona with the Diamondbacks. Tony Gonsolin on the mound in the desert. First pitch from Chase Field in Phoenix. He is coming up at one ten Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. On this Mother's Day edition of Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Get his thoughts on this series in which the Dodgers need to get a win to get the split in this four games. That also, get his thoughts on the entrees and where this team is in game ten of this ten game road trip, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Another great pitching matchup on both sides. David Vase will go one on one with Tommy Edmond. Yes, he's expected to rejoin this Dodgers team and be activated once they return home. We've got your Dodgers magical Moments, your prize picks, double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Shortly we'll visit with.
Speaker 7: Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, last night, when just as expected, right the night before was a slugfest in which the Dodgers won fourteen to eleven thanks to a six run ninth inning. Last night, the complete opposite a pitchers duel last night between Corbyn Burns and the Code Red Dustin May, who was equally impressive. They went toe to toe last night, dealing Dustin May six and two third innings, two runs, seven hits, walk just one, struck out five through eighty eight pitches, pitching into the seventh inning. Corbin Burns, who had skipped the start because of shoulder inflammation. They signed into a big deal in the offseason, and he delivered last night with seven shutout innings, scattered five hits, struck out five along the way before turning it over to the Diamondbacks bullpen. And last night offense was at a premium for both teams until the fourth inning, when Corbin Carol hit a leadoff triple, then scored on Kotel Marte's ground ball out and the Diamondbacks led one to nothing. Then in this swich the sixth the Diamondbacks attacked on another.
Speaker 8: He's pitch swung on in drill deep left center fib it is gone, Swirez with.
Speaker 4: His twelfth home run. Well, he got a sinker right in the go zone.
Speaker 8: When the ball carries well here left center field anyway with the roof cloters but Suarez, the way he hit it didn't need the extra help.
Speaker 4: He smashed it. It's now too nothing, Arizona.
Speaker 7: Hey Hineo Soarez four hundred and fifty five feet to center field. That was the solo shot off Dustin May, and that gave the Diamondbacks a two to nothing lead. Then in the eighth inning, the Dodger still within reach. It was two to nothing. Min felt like twelve the way Corbyn Burns was pitching in the eighth, the Dodgers turned it over to Kirby Yate to promptly give up a run.
Speaker 4: Two to one pitch swung out of that as a fair.
Speaker 2: Ball on the right field line.
Speaker 4: Martel will come around third and score.
Speaker 8: Rumbling around first and Thember second with a run scoring stand up double is Peven Smith and the Diamondbacks have extended their lead.
Speaker 4: It is three to nothing.
Speaker 7: Peven Smith a three hit night, including that RBI double last night in the eighth inning, and that gave the Diamondbacks a three to nothing lead. And the way that Corbyn Burns was pitching, that was gonna be a tall tale to come back. He turned it over to Ron Nelson, who had the eighth and the ninth inning, working for his first save of the season, retiring all six batters that he faced. The Dodgers only struck out six times in the game last night, but just could not get runners on base. Last night, they were stranding six runners zero for five with runners in scoring position, not a lot of opportunities as they suffer a three nothing loss to the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: As Corbyn Burns picked up the victory, he's two to.
Speaker 7: One test and made the loss despite pitching into the seventh inning. He falls to one and three, and now the Dodgers need to get a win today in this series finale in the Desert, the final game of this ten game road trip. They need to get a win to get the split of this four game set. Tony Gonsolon will take the mound first pitch, coming up at one ten on this Mother's Day with more, we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 8: We get you ready for the fourth and final game of this series between the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. And the best the Dodgers can do now is hope for a split as they fell last night shut out actually three to nothing at the hands of Corbyn Burns, who had his best outing of the season by far. The Dodgers' bats did not do much, only could manage five hits, and we're beating three to nothing. But today they look to split this series and have a six and four road trip eleven and eleven on the road overall. As the Dodgers play their sixteenth game in the last seventeen days into a day off tomorrow, Tony Gonsolin will start this Mother's Day Mattine here in Arizona, and Zach Gallon will be his counterpart of the mound for Arizona. We look at yesterday and how baseball can differ from day to day. Two days ago the Dodgers and Diamondbacks combined for twenty five runs. They could only manage three combined, and the Diamondbacks had all of them yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I think the other part too, is you look at this Dodger bull club they were able to manufacture at the bottom of the order in the second game of the series, has some pretty good offense, not the case yesterday. And you look at this Dodger buck Club twenty six and fourteen, but they've won just three of the last nine games against teams above the five hundred mark. Why don't we bring that up? Well, it was a nice note distributed today that thirty three of the next thirty six games county today, the thirty three are going to be against teams at five hundred w records or betters. So the competition is going to get much more improved than what maybe we've seen recently.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because right now the Dodgers are eighteen and six against clubs below five hundred. The Diamondbacks just two games up over five hundred twenty one and nineteen. Hessan Kim is back in the lineup today, but he's not in center field. He is at second base. James Outen will play centerfield in bat nine. But Kim had some struggles defensively in this big outfield yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did. I talked to one of the coaches last night after the ballgame and I said, hey, look, don't know what you guys are seeing from the dugout, but he's mid air when the ball crosses home plate. By that just noticing he does a hop with both feet. So he's losing a step or two, maybe in coverage of the outfield, misplayed another ball too, So it's going to be repetition if he's going to play in centerfield, to take more repetitions the balls off the bat and not just the lazy fly balls that are hit at a short distance behind second base. So it's a transition. It's not an easy one for players either.
Speaker 4: As far as pitching goes.
Speaker 8: Clayton Kershaw is going to make a start today in Oklahoma City. It'll be his last rehab start before he rejoins the big club next weekend. Well, we could see Clayton Kershaw on the mound a week from today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Dodgers needs some first of all, even talking about today with Tony Gonsolin, the Dodgers need now more innings from their starting pitching. We've been talking the last week or so about the heavy workload of this bullpen. Well that workload is getting heavier and heavier, and they need some starters to step up and start to gobble up some innings.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a note about the Dodger bullpen today. In strikeouts, they have one hundred and ninety strikeouts, which leads major League Baseball. You'd say, hey, the bullpen leads Major League Baseball in strikeouts. That's okay, But the fact is they're out there more than they probably would want to be.
Speaker 1: Yes entered yesterday's ball game with more innings pitched out of the bullpen than any other team. So you're availing yourself. At some point in time you have to recharge the battery. This might be a good day to start that, especially as you mentioned earlier.
Speaker 8: Off day Tomorrow, Dodgers start the day percentage points behind the Padres in the West standings in second place. Dodgers and Diamondbacks Tony Gonsolin against Zack Gallen on this Mother's Day Sunday, timp all.
Speaker 7: Right, thank you guys, as we got you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parla. Looking for something for lunch on this Mother's Day? Why not order some Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos at Shaky's dot com that enjoy some Dodger at baseball coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Robertson, Well, dive deeper into this pitch you. Manager David vet Seg goes one on one with Tommy Edmund next, so you're Tani rewind and will visit with Sports and at Las. Kirsten to Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you off to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Mother's Day afternoon. First pitching Phoenix set for one ten. I'm Tim Kase's world champion in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: Final game of this four game set, final game of this ten game road trip for the Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin Zach Gallon the pitching matchup. First pitch from Phoenix on his Mother's Day is coming up at one ten.
Speaker 9: This is the Otani Rewid Diamond Temp brought to you by Bank of America, the official back of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Otani rips the next pitch on the ground past the diving Naylor at first and in the right field for a base hit and sho He just continues to roll.
Speaker 7: Show Hey, Otani and leading off the game last night with a base hit. That was his only hit, though he did walk last night as well. On this season show, Hey O Tany rank second in ops slugging, and it's tied for second in stolen bases and home runs with twelve. His forty three run score leads the big leagues, and his four triples are second in the majors, only behind Arizona's Corbyn Carrol.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey, Kirsten now joins us from Chase Field on this Mother's Day, brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 2: Ready to donate your old car?
Speaker 7: Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agent standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Well, start with some injury news. Kirsten Blake Snell was supposed to throw this week in in Arizona.
Speaker 2: What's the latest.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so he was supposed to play catch today and unfortunately that's just not the case. Dave Roberts said that, you know, they want him to see the team doctor and so when the team gets back to Los Angeles, he'll be able to.
Speaker 6: Do just that.
Speaker 5: And then come up with a plan from there.
Speaker 10: You know, obviously with Blake, he is the ace of this team, if not one of the aces of this team, and so they want to make sure that he is fully healthy and good to go, especially with dealing with.
Speaker 5: That shoulder inflammation.
Speaker 10: And even Blake shared with us, you know, this is something that he had been feeling for a little bit. He thought he could play through it, but ultimately when he went to you know, play catch and have a bullpen in Philadelphia, he's just it wasn't feeling right, and so they do want to be really mindful with him. They're gonna play it safe, and so for him just to see the doctor tomorrow when the team gets back to Los Angeles, they'll kind of get a better idea. They don't believe he needs any more imaging or even another injection, so hopefully it's just kind of they can check in see maybe what the hindering kind of moment is right now that's keeping him from playing catch, and then he can be on track soon.
Speaker 2: You mentioned getting back to life for Blake Snow. I imagine this Dodgers team.
Speaker 7: Anxious to get home later on this afternoon after this long road trip, but also head home on a witty.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: Anxious does and even.
Speaker 10: Say it these boys are so excited. Shouldn't even say these boys? Everyone is so excited to get back to Los Angeles. Look, it's been a long road trip. There's obviously been a lot of positives. But when you are having late nights, even from talking to the guy, I mean the guys with that flight from to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Miami, they got in late, so with talking to them like, those things kind of build up on you and so there's definitely some high levels of exhaustion.
Speaker 5: Everyone is very much looking forward.
Speaker 10: To it, but they also want to go home on a high note. So a happy flight means that they've picked up a win. They've had a strong road trip and split the series here in Arizona, so they are focused to get this one done. That's going to be a tall task, especially with going up against Sack Gallon for the Diamondbacks, but they saw some really tough pitching last night with horn burn, so hopefully they'll be ready for today.
Speaker 7: Today Mother's Day, of course, Happy Mother's Day to everybody out there listening. Yeah, for these Dodger players, I know a lot of them anxious to see their wives and significant others.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, I mean, listen, they've got from having the privilege of meeting some of their mothers.
Speaker 5: Thus far, they have got some great, strong women.
Speaker 10: In their lives, and then of course having the privilege of just getting to see their wives, and a lot of them are dads, and so getting to build relationships with their children as well.
Speaker 5: They have said, and.
Speaker 10: I think Dave Roberts actually put it perfectly, this season is a grind to have one hundred and sixty two regular season games. Obviously with the Dodgers they play deep into the postseason quite often. Then you add spring training. It's a lot of sacrifice away from home. And when you have young children, of course you want to be present and be around. So that means a lot of it does fall on their wives, and they are such incredible women, and so for them to be celebrated today. I asked Tay Oscar, who has three little ones, I said, what did you get for Jennifer? How are we celebrating And he actually found a really beautiful piece in which it essentially has like all of the boys hands kind of around to just kind of lift up their mother it's essentially like a piece of art per se, so just so special to kind of see that. So I hope they're all celebrated today, at least the positive.
Speaker 5: It's an early game.
Speaker 10: A lot of them are are here actually in Arizona and traveling back to Los Angeles with the group, so they'll at least get to feel celebrated and recognized. And of course you've got all the players wearing their pink today, so it's always a special day from understate at the ballpark.
Speaker 7: Who knows a quick game, get a nice little dinner reservation tonight here in Oh yeah, with the absolutely all right here still well, check out you after the game still to come here on Wronggo Casino. Dodgers on deck, will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vatsago's one on one with Tommy Edmund, one of those guys on the injury list.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are going to get back real soon. What up next?
Speaker 7: We'll get you more of an injury report, and we'll hear for the manager Dave Roberts, for leading you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Mother's Day. The first Bitch of Phoenix is at one to ten. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Brongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Mother's Day as we lead you up to first pitch from Arizona Dodgers and Diamondbacks Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good times run off the ten Freeway. There if you're heading into the desert or making your way back, or if you're heading out ninety minutes away from wherever you are. Tony Gonsolin Zach gollon the pitching matchup in the series finale, first pitch of Phoenix set for one ten.
Speaker 6: It's the La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 7: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Evan Phillips on the IL with the sore right forearm, ti Oscar Hernandez left groin strain. Tommy Edmond, who you're gonna hear from in just a little bit with David Vassa on the IL with the sore right ankle. He's missed this entire road trip. Bud It's scheduled to come off the IL when the Dodgers start the homestown on Tuesday against the A's Tyler Glass now is going to start throwing here again shortly on the IELT the shoulder inflammation. Blake Snell on the I L with the left shoulder inflammation. He is not throwing right now, but we'll see how long this is going to take for snell Zilla to get coming back. As Kirsten mentioned, he's gonna get re examined in Los Angeles with the Dodgers return, Blake trying it on the sixty day Iel at the right forearm tightness. Michael Kopek is in Triple A Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment, and Clayton Kershaw set to take the mound in just a few minutes here for the Oklahoma City comments his final rehab a start for the Triple A and if everything checks out okay, he is scheduled to be activated next weekend. So that is certainly some good news for the future Hall of Famer. All right, let's head back out to Chase Field and Arizona and check out with the Dodgers Skipper.
Speaker 2: Any questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 5: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave, it's been a long road trip.
Speaker 10: The off day is finally coming tomorrow, and I know guys are they're ready for it, But how do you want to see your guys kind of stay focused in this game today before getting that off day.
Speaker 11: You know, I think it's a chance to certainly split a series, finish on a good note going into an off day. You know, Zach gallinzhack of a pitcher, we've seen them a lot. I just kind of I like the line up today. Guys are coming in, Uh, you don't wanting to finish this road trip off well. So Tony's thrown the baseball well, so I expect a good one out of him.
Speaker 10: It's also to add to the fun of today, it's Mother's Day. We've seen these players, whether they've become new dads of course, sharing these experiences with their wives.
Speaker 5: How special is Mother's Day?
Speaker 10: And just kind of the values that you've learned from your mother, that you that have instilled in you, especially in regard to baseball, managing and all of that.
Speaker 11: Well, I think it's certainly a special day for all of us, and I think it's specific to baseball. The wives are different, unique in the sense of understanding what it takes to kind of play every day and be on the road a lot. So I'm sure our players are very grateful for their wives, and as far as moms specifically, they're for the most part, the glue of families, you know, and I think that they're very tough and kind of keep things moving forward. So I'm certainly grateful. I'm certainly grateful for my wife who supported me, and also my mother.
Speaker 7: All Right, there's Dave Roberts. We echo all of what Dave Roberts just said about all mothers out there. When we continue here on WRONGO, because you know, Dodgers on deck, we will hear from Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Yes, Freddie Freeman, who had his hitting.
Speaker 7: Streak snap last night in Arizona, looking to start a new one today as the Dodgers look to get back on track. Needa Way today that salvage is split in Arizona. Also well, five hundred on this road trip, the longest of the ten games, Atlanta Miami Arizona Day off tomorrow. Can't get here fast enough with the Dodgers. But first things first, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. A lot still coming up before first pitch at one ten, I'm Tim Kasey's a world champion.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: Final game of this four game, said Tony Gonsolin Zach gallon the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is driven by four. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This smart can only be called the F one fifty. Freddie Freeman went zero for four last night, snapping the's season high fourteen game hitting street Now. During that streak, which began on April twenty fifth, he hit four seventy two of four doubles, a triple, four home runs in nineteen run batter Dad, Here's Friday.
Speaker 2: After the game last night.
Speaker 10: Freddie loves Corbyn burns just youling out there today that kind of kept you off.
Speaker 12: Balanced being Corbyn BYRNS. He's one of the best pictures in the game for a reason. Cutter was ninety five to ninety seven, got good depth through the curve off of it, change ups working too, just had everything going today.
Speaker 10: Obviously we've seen how this matchup has played out in this series. It's been back and forth the highs Lows. Is this kind of what you've come to expect when you're facing the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 12: I think it's kind of when you face the Anals. There's a lot of good teams in this division, so inner Division games are always kind of upbeat, especially when we have a lot of Doctor fans that come out to these games and support us.
Speaker 2: So packed house. But Corbyn was really good today to.
Speaker 12: See when he's landing the cutter and kind of work out. Actually when he's at the bone in the zone, it's hard to hit those, especially when they're really low.
Speaker 2: But no, he was just good. He was he was commanding the zone and getting Paul's shoulder.
Speaker 1: Rich just got shot skip the start because any of that surprising that he then comes out.
Speaker 12: No, because he's pitching. That means he's healthy in my mind. So we were ready for him and he was just really good today.
Speaker 5: Lipsday with Dustin Mate. Just what were you saying? What allowed him to be? I mean he was a fishing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 12: He was really good friend. Every time I left he was hitting and heard two sea men and he was just landing that slider away through a couple cutters into Lefty's two that were really nice. He just had everything going today. You know, we just couldn't get him any runs.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 7: It was a great pitchy matchup in fours of the Dodgers. No run support for Dustin May. That was Freddie Freeman who had his fourteen game hitting streak come to it in last night and the loss coming up Here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from Tommy Edmund. We'll die deeper into this pitchy matchup. What up next your Dodgers. Magical Moments Dodgers and Diebacks. Happy Mother's Day. Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio that one.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers. Hunt on your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: Tony Gonsolin on the mound for the Dodgers, who look to get a split of this foury game series in the desert. First pitch on this Mother's Day coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: I all without a hot dog?
Speaker 3: Who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawby hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: We go back to July tenth, twenty twenty one, Dodgers taking on the Arizona Diamondbacks a night and wins. The Dodgers tied a franchise record boat race in the Diamondbacks twenty two to one.
Speaker 13: You reach a port where it's just common sense and good matters, and who holds where it goes, it will land eventually. It's just a matter of when and how far. A two run shot for Pool holds his second home brother of the night. What is beyond a laugher? Whatever it is, this is it? Twenty two to one.
Speaker 7: Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks twenty two to one, twenty one hits. They scored five runs of the first, two in the or, four in the second, seven in the seventh, and six more in the eighth. Justin Turner and Mookie Betts each hit grand slams. Albert Pooholz. You just heard one of his two home runs as he and Aj Pollock each homer twice as the Dodgers matched a franchise record by hitting eight home runs in a twenty two to one win over the Diamondbacks. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Talks offfy Sokw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Offfey Hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 7: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your Prize Picks double play of the Day and we'll hear from Rick Monday. That's all coming up. So he leads up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Mother's Day. I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Mother's Day. Tony Gonsolin's Zach Gallana Bitch you match up. First pitcher Phoenix set for one ten.
Speaker 2: Got him with the two for one hard.
Speaker 4: Shot to third, droves the second on the first.
Speaker 3: Double what doubles?
Speaker 6: This is the Prize Picks double play of the day.
Speaker 7: Baseball fans want to turn your love of the game into real cash, It's time to step up to the plate with Prize Picks, the easiest way to play daily fantasy sports. Download the free Prize Picks app and sign up using the code go blue. Once you signed up, it's so easy to play a Prize Picks. You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Strikeout walks, RBIs, hits, doubles, home run stolen bases. You pick more or less join the fun. Use the code go blue when you sign up, and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars. Lineup again. Prize Picks downloaded and use the code go blue. Here are my two picks today. Tony Gonslin more or less four strikeouts, I'm gonna go less die I'm backswing the bat pretty aggressively less than four strikeouts. Show Hey Otani more or less two and a half hits, runs and RBI's combined. I'm gonna go more more than two and a half hits, runs and RBIs combined for show Hey o Tani. Prize picks, Run Your Game and now.
Speaker 6: Joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday, Happy Mother's Day. I know your mom had a special place in your heart, and your wife, Barbara Lee obviously has still a special.
Speaker 1: Place in your heart. You know, I've said this. I've said this to my wife many many times, and I'll say it again. I really believe that on Mother's Day it should also be one of two celebrations during the year, because I think on the child's birth day, the mom should also celebrate, and we should celebrate that on top of it. But for those that have their mom and can call and can't give a hug to do it. I happened to grow up with, you know, a single parent for most of my life, a wonderful lady that understood what life was about and what it was to do the right thing and try and do the right thing, and when you get stumbled, we'll get back up and trying to help other people and do things. There's so much because I think back in the baseball end of it, you know, Tommy Lasword at the time when I was in high school I'm out of high school at seventeen, and Tommy was the coach of this Dodger rookie team that had been sent out with some invitations to try out for the team over three weekends. And I made the team and we played some games, and then Tommy was trying to sign me, and he had my mother and I out to dinner one night at a restaurant. Obviously Tommy was on an expense account, but he had contracted in front of my mom. She had pen in hand, and she was going to sign the contract. And here I am seventeen. I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to college, if I want to sign professionally, in which order is going to happen. My mom put the pen down, he said, Tommy, in case Rick gets hurt or can't make it, I wanted to have a college education, So thank you very much. Tommy took the contract back, crossed out the number, put in a bigger number. Now my mom's a single parent, and she had pen in hand the second time, and she put the pen down, said no, I'm not going to squa under his future. He needs to go to college. And Tommy took the contract back for the third time, crossed out the number, put numbers that my mom would have to work for years in order to achieve. And my mom had the pen in hand for the very third time, and she put the pin down again and said, Tommy, thank you, but he needs to go to college. The smartest woman I've ever known. And Tommy's used to say, your mom had the best negotiation tactics of anybody I've mentioned with. And I said, my mom was not negotiating. She was protecting your son.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. That's why we love our moms. As for to when you were a Dodger, what was that like when she saw Tommy Lasorda managing you.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a little bit different. Let me go off track another one. Now, when I was trying to sign, we got a tour Dodger Stadium. We met Walter O'Malley. I got to look and see the locker room and Tommy asked my mother, and Tommy was giving us the tour of the stadium. Is there anybody like to have the autograph for? As she mentioned, two guys Cofax in Drysdale and they both signed. Remember those seventy six union photos that they had, Well, they signed those and they signed it to my mom. Well, in the transition of my mom moving later on, later on from Santa Monica up to Reno, she lost the photo that Don Drysdale had signed to her. She had the one from Sandy, but she lost the one from Don. Don somehow found out years later that my mom had lost that photo, and Don Drysdale at Dodger Stadium one night in between half innings, came up and said to me, Rick, I think I saw an article where you said that your mom had this photo but she lost it. Here's a baseball to give your mom. This was years ago. Don found out about that and he addressed it to my mother and signed it Don Drysdale. Don Drysdale was a special person and I will always be thankful for that.
Speaker 3: That's a great story, Rick, thanks a lot for sharing those great memories of your mom and the Dodgers, and I know she's looking down very proud of her son still to this.
Speaker 1: Well, for all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Hey, well said by our guy Rick Monday. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, Well, said Rick, Great, great stories. That's the Dodgers' game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too. Start your future to California Community College. You heard how important it was for Rick Monday to go to college, get his education, financial aid to be able to help you with your tuition, books, and sometimes even the rents tend to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: Classes can filled quickly, so enroll today and.
Speaker 7: I can go to college dot com still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we got a preview this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 2: Rick back with Tim and have those keys to the game. But up next go.
Speaker 7: Hi and tight with Tommy Edmund Dodgers Diamondbacks. First pitch at one ten on this Mother's Day. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 7: Dodgers in Arizona as they wrap up this series and this road trip against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Tony Gonsolin, Zach Gallum, the pitching matchup. Ready to live that Zenchi Sweet Live, here's your shot and an unforgettable night in Los Angeles with two Premium Sweet tickets to a game, complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's exclusive, it's luxury, and it's all just one scan away. Just find the Zench counter inside any participating in rouse grocery store, usually right next to the deli counter. Find that Zench counter, scan the QR code and enter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime opportunity. It's so easy. Walk into dis opinion robs, find the Zench counter, pick us some sushi, and scan the QR code. It's free to enter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime experience. Details at a FI seventy la sports dot com Zenchi Sushi, fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: David, and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: It is Mother's Day and baseball and Mother's Day always seems to coincide with each other. And we're going to join right now by a man that not only is a great son, but he's a great father and has a great wife that raises their little baby boy. And that's the one and only Tommy Edmund. Happy Mother's Day, Tommy.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 14: I don't know if you can say that to me, but happy Mother's Day all the all the mothers out there, Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt, and especially your wife, because you guys are raising a little boy right now. Kristen Edmund is doing a great job at home while you do your thing with the Dodgers.
Speaker 14: Yep, she's doing an amazing job.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 14: It's it's not easy for the wives of baseball players with how much we travel. But you know, she's a rock star. She's doing a great job and you know, just an amazing mom.
Speaker 3: Hey, you can appreciate this. Growing up a Dodger fan and growing up in SoCal, we always used to hear Vince Scully give his wife Sandy a lot of praise. But now that you're living it, how true is it to have the support system of a great wife and a great mom at home that's raising your son.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it really is so important, you know, just to be able to come home and have the peace of mind, you know, of having that good support system. You know, two people that love you so much, you know, my love. I love spending time with my son Eli in the mornings when I get home from games, and then obviously having my wife there too, who's been busy all day but you know, is still there and still there to greet me when I get home, and you know, it's just amazing to have both of them there waiting for me.
Speaker 3: So ten game, ten day road trip that you're wrapping up today on Mother's Day Day game coming up right now, do you believe that you'll have time to treat Kristen to a great Mother's Day.
Speaker 14: Yes, it'll be a little bit of a busy day, but got some Mother's Day shopping done in Atlanta on this road trip, so you know, hopefully, hopefully it turns out well. But yeah, I know we'll we'll get to spend the day together after the game, you know, flying back to LA and then we got the off day on Monday.
Speaker 3: Look at you, Tommy had been planning ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I'm terrible at planning usually, but yeah, I don't know. You know, it's Mother's Day, a special day.
Speaker 3: No doubt. Tommy Edman is our guest and your mom, Maureen, She's been a big part of your life, obviously a support system as you grew up wanting to play the game of baseball. How much has she meant to your life?
Speaker 14: Yeah, she's you know, she means a lot to me. She was, you know, one of my biggest supporters growing up, to go to every game and you know, constantly cheer me on, and she's a huge baseball fan and and continues to watch every game that I play today.
Speaker 3: Did she get you into baseball? Who had a big influence on you?
Speaker 14: Well, you know, my dad's a baseball coach. He's coached baseball for you know, thirty what is it thirty years now, thirty five years?
Speaker 2: But yeah, so.
Speaker 14: Actually the first baseball game I went to though, I was I was about two or three days old, and my mom took me to one of my dad's I think it was a high school game that he was coaching.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she was, you know, always.
Speaker 14: Taking me to games, and yeah, the two of them together kind of got me into baseball.
Speaker 3: How are you handling this time away from the team being on the I L I see you putting in work every day, So how are you keeping your mental health in a good spot?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I'm still able to do a lot of things, you know, baseball.
Speaker 2: Why so I'm just trying.
Speaker 14: To do as much baseball activity as I can, just so that you know, when my ankle's ready to come off the iel. You know, there's not any kind of transition period where I got to build back up to baseball stuff. Just trying to stay fresh as best as I can. And you know, I think doing that helps me to kind of keep my mind in a good place.
Speaker 3: It's so wild that you're able to do everything except running a straight line.
Speaker 13: M h yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's just kind of the nature of the injury. You know, I'm able to take round balls, go side to side, and then getting up to full speed is the last step, all.
Speaker 3: Right, before I let you go. Tommy Edmond two nights ago, show how Tani and your teammates came back with a six run ninth inning. Oh Tani bat flipping and just what he did for you guys? Uh what from where you were sitting here in the dugout, can you describe what was going on?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: It was, you know that that was one of the craziest games I think, you know, definitely the craziest regular season game I've I've seen, and and uh, you know, it just it seems like whenever we play at this stadium here in here in Arizona, there's some some wild games for whatever reason, and uh, you know that that game was certainly one of them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 14: I think when Shoe came up in the ninth inning, definitely all the Diamondbacks, you know, players were pretty nervous, and I think we all just had confidence that he was gonna do something special like he always does, and and he certainly came.
Speaker 4: Through all right.
Speaker 3: Tommy Edmond, thanks a lot for the time. Great to share you on Mother's Day with all the moms out there, and certainly I know you've got a special place for your mom, Maureen, and certainly your wife Kristen.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 14: Absolutely happy Mother's Day and everybody out there, you know we appreciate all of you and and all the all the work you do there.
Speaker 3: He goes Tommy Edman a great guy and certainly can share Canaan's sunglasses with his wife Kristin. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. This at canaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, We'll send it back to you in the studio on this great Mother's Day, no.
Speaker 7: Doubt about at Tommy's wife, great softball player, Concord. You a university irv im back in the day, So congratulations to her and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought.
Speaker 7: To by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: Lead.
Speaker 7: You have to first pitch Arizona up. Next, we'll break down this pitching match up.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: Dodgers looking up at the padres and the standy is looking to get back on track in this final game of the series in Arizona, set for one ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 7: Hit a by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I four Serbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bull See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 2: They make it easy.
Speaker 7: Zach Gallen on the Mound, twenty nine year old right handers seventh season the Big Leagues, making his ninth start this year last time out seven innings, one run, two hit, six strikeouts in a win over the Mats, and his last two starts are really good two to zero with a one thirty eight ERA, with an opponent's batting average of ninety five and fourteen strikeouts. Is seven to zero in his last eight home starts against National League West opponents. That goes back to April of twenty twenty three. Tony Gonsol on the Mount one or zero four oh NINETYRA, thirty year old right hander making just his third start coming back from elbow surgery. Last time out five innings, two runs, four hits, eight strikeouts in a no decision against the Marlins. On Tuesday, We'll face the Divebacks for the first time this season. He's faced him twelve times in his career, four and two record with a three to fifty four ERRA. Tony Gonsolin Zach Gallon Dodgers Diamondbacks for fifteen minutes, await for first pitch. He's in the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasey is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 7: Season lost Dodgers and Diamondbacks one final time from the desert of this four game series. Tony Gonsolin, Zach Gallon the pitching matchup before first pitch, but head back out to the booth. Tim Neverett Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 8: Thanks again, Tim. We're counting you down to the first pitch. Here lineups and first pitch not too far away. Tony Gonsolin will get the start. Made his major league debut right here in this building on the twenty sixth of June and twenty nineteen against Arizona. He is four and two and the Dodgers needs some efficiency out of Tony Gonsolin as he gets ready to make his third start at the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have for Gonsolin. The era is up a little bit higher, but you know, kind of feeling his way back after that long, long layoff with the surgery. But one thing that sticks out with the Gonsolin looking at it today in his career, you know, He's given up just a one ninety six batting average against him. He does not allow too many runners on base, don't walk anybody. In fact, he's walked only two batters in eleven innings and that's coupled also with seventeen strikeouts in those innings pitched.
Speaker 8: Zach Gallon has pitched plenty against the Dodgers in the past, but this year at home, he's just one in three, a three and four record overall for the Diamondbacks starter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he's on the Diamondbacks win, But he's three and oh with a one point four ERA in the four Diamondbacks victories, but that era going zero for four in the eight and a quarter ERA in the four losses. So he's kind of hot and cold. Which will it be today?
Speaker 4: We've reached the quarter pole of the season.
Speaker 8: This is game number forty one coming up, one hundred and twenty one will remain the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks. Dodgers looking for a series split here in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 7: Don't forget after the game is overall of all the postgame festivities, reaction from the clubhouse, and of.
Speaker 2: Course Dodger talk as well, final game.
Speaker 7: Of this long ten game, ten day road trip, day off tomorrow. The finish line is it within view here for the Dodgers, looking to finish strong with a win against the Diamondbacks. First pitch when Arizona is next enjoyed. I'm Tim Kasey's the World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network