Speaker 1: What is going on? Clippers fans?
Speaker 2: Welcome to season four, episode thirty five of Clips and Dip. I am Chuck Mockler, Adam Oslind is here, William Updike is here, and the Clippers have the.
Speaker 1: Fifth pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. Fantastic news from Mulatto. Today, we're gonna talk that.
Speaker 3: Way, did that happen today?
Speaker 1: Happened today? We're gonna talk that. We're gonna talk a bunch of random stuff as well. But Will Adam oh, thank you for watching Clips and Dip. If you want to watch us, find us at YouTube dot com sash at Clippers podcast. You can find the podcast anywhere you listen to them. Will how are we doing? Clips? A good thing happened to the Clippers today?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: We're not doing that? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean like, look, we all said, uh, if this pick was to convey five, were bust really right?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm feeling pretty good. And I honestly, I mean I you can definitely cast.
Speaker 5: Some doubts on the on the Clippers availability to draft, but like when they have had a lottery level pick, I think the recent track record is pretty decent.
Speaker 4: It's like, what are the lottery picks recently with Lawrence Frank SGA and that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of two. One of two is an m VP, buddy.
Speaker 1: I was telling.
Speaker 4: Two time MVP.
Speaker 1: I was telling Adam. Today was the first in a real long time that I got texts from people about a good thing that happened to the Clippers. Usually were I'm sure getting some form of you know, sucks to suck type thing when the Clippers lose. But a good thing happened, Adam, we were. We reacted live to the fifth pick the thunder also on the wealth from the Clippers, which is pretty sweet, but are you still riding that high from from winning that the old five? The Fiver, the Lincolner.
Speaker 4: I went to the gym and had like the easiest two hundred pull up workout because I was floating out there. I was good. It was light work. No, I'm stoked. I've just there's so much optionality, There's so many different directions to go. Uh. But that flexibility is something everybody covets in the NBA now, and for the Clippers to have some, you know, I beats the zoobots once says like the Clippers can't have nice things. They got a real nice thing today, and partly because of a beats the Zoobots. Who's a blessing to this franchise, and he's gonna do great things for Indiana and Indiana. You know, I watched some of their streams earlier today, not to laugh at them, just to see the reaction. I have nothing against the Pacers. I like the Pacers a lot. Haliburton, you know, I grew up in Sacktown. I thought they never should have trade him. India is gonna be in good shape. They're likely a top four seed in the Eastern Conference next year at worst when they get healthy. So it's not the end of the world for them. And I saw their GM came out and apologize to the fans on Twitter, which was wild. To see something like that. Probably tells you he has very good, strong job security actually that he could do something like that, and everybody's like, yeah, you know, it was worth the risk, and we knew they still get their twenty thirty one pick out of it. Right, It's not the end of the world. They have a really good team, So it beats the Zoobots in the eies. Zuo is detonating on the Eastern Conference next year.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the flex of ability. Joseph Ry Award sent me some thoughts on the on the on the pick, he said he does not want cam Boozer Fair don't think he'll be there at five. However, a young guard and trading Kawhi and Garland are good ideas to him. I don't know about trading both. Will are you it's only been six hours? Are you keep? Do you want to keep the pick? Or do you want Lawrence Frank to try and move something with this pick to get a franchise guy for one last huzzah with Kawhi. We have some trade ideas we're going to talk about too in a second. But are you team keep wait, team keep the pick? Yeah? Or trade? Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm team keep the pick.
Speaker 1: The overwhelming sentiment I've seen from Clippers fans.
Speaker 3: Team keep the pick.
Speaker 5: I think unless you're unless you're really feeling strongly that you don't like like organizationally, if you if you really don't like what you think is available at five as a potential rebuild. Look, I mean we've about this before. It's a zero sum game. I think to try to get one more glory run out of quiet. And that's to say nothing against where he's at, what he is able to achieve. It's just like, realistically, what we can put around him. I mean, like you look at this league and you look at the direction it's going and the age and sort of the speed, and.
Speaker 3: You know, like you just look at all these things.
Speaker 5: We're more than one piece away. And I just so, No, I don't really see a scenario in which that pick gives you this magical piece that somehow unlocks this a title run out of this team as currently constructed.
Speaker 3: I don't see it. And you seem befuddled by this. You disagree.
Speaker 4: No, I'm leaning towards keeping the pick the oddest stuff. It's not like you're just giving up that pick to get I said this, I don't care about that stuff. That's for good players, team Dylan Brooks. I want guys that help. Really, that's that's a hot take. I'm a fan, But he's thirty two, and the injury history and how much you're gonna have to give up because there could be a major bidding war and he probably has to say he wants to come to LA which seems unlikely since he probably wants to be closer to Grease. I just don't know how much of a possibility that is. I was really hoping in the first round the Minnesota Timberwolves are going to lose the Denver Nuggets and probably should have considering all the injuries they had going on, and maybe you can make a run in Anthony Edwards. That's a guy I've been looking at for a couple of seasons now, just seeing how they trend. But I think as long as kind of what you said there will well if you like a guy at five, as long as you think there's a guy there that can be a star, then you have to take that player in this draft, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The honest thing that gets me too is he's got next year and then a player option, so I'd assume he wants some kind of extension agreement to where he's going, which terrifies me giving a thirty four year old oh Johanness more years.
Speaker 4: He's extension eligible now, so basically, if he doesn't get it from Milwaukee, they know if he doesn't take it for Milwaukee, they're trading him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I want the excitement of a young, fully homegrown Clippers lottery pick like I love the idea of Wagler being there at five. We get this, we get a larger guard to you know, maybe we don't know the defense. I don't know if he'd be ready to like start just defensively. But I like the idea of a young guy that can really be you know what I mean, Like we'd have a we'd have a young rook other than Janick, but this would be the fifth pick. Like, I want Waggler, but I don't really know who's gonna fall, because it seems like the only for sure thing is AJ going one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised though, if one of Darren Peterson, Cam Boozer or Caleb Wilson might be there at five, because I could see one of those guys dropping.
Speaker 1: And I think I want Peterson if I mean, that'd be great. Peter.
Speaker 4: I think I don't think he's getting past Utah though, because I don't think Danny Ainge. They took Ace Bailey when there were concerns there, and remember his agent and that video uncle leave his uncle. Yeah, but I don't know Cam. I wonder how his game translates, just because if you're playing the four, you have to guard well on the perimeter in today's NBA, and that's really tough. And he's a good enough athlete, right and I don't.
Speaker 1: Like Yeah, yeah, Joseph said boozer would be bad.
Speaker 4: So we know that we agreed on that with Joseph last time he was on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joseph does have a direct line to Lawrence Frank. So we will see Will what's your big board? What's what's Updyke's big board? Who's at five for the Clippers? Are you going Wagler? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I'll get the jersey, man, I don't know. We got to make sure Carl Tart doesn't get the jersey.
Speaker 4: Apparently it is Woggler after saying Wagler like fifty times earlier today. But the scrapancy about that. But he didn't have a dunk all of last year, which is a little bit strange for a guy's sick six. And one of the comps I do have for him.
Speaker 1: Flag it feels like a red flag.
Speaker 4: One of the comps I do see a little bit of. Because he's not the best athlete, there's a little bit of Kobe Sanders to his game. Now he's been getting Halliburton SGA comps because of his size and he's still so young. I mean, Kobe Sanders came out at twenty three. He's nineteen. Yeah, and he's gonna put on more size.
Speaker 1: He's not an athlete though he's not one.
Speaker 4: He's not a great athlete. I was just told the no dunk thing is surprising. But it's like, you can see he could have dunked it many times and he doesn't. So it's not like it's not like he can't doug. Yeah, throw it down big man, throw down six cigar man. But like his step back game and there's some just silky smooth turnaround stuff. I don't know, I do like him, but he was he was number one point fifty in recruit rankings going into last year. Like, he had a meteoric rise at the end of the season, and part of that was because of the lack of athleticism, but he was so good and his shot ended up being so good that now he looks like a top by pick.
Speaker 1: We're going to do a deeper dive on these prospects, obviously, but yeah, the the.
Speaker 3: Heads of ESPN have U was getting woggler wogs.
Speaker 4: I would like to point out log.
Speaker 1: We could say that anytime he dunked on somebody, which would be rare.
Speaker 4: But there is as much as it is exciting, Oh we got this new guy to build arounds, and there's this hope element. Well, after a season or two and you see guys limits sometimes that could end up going very poorly because they're not what you expected them to be, and therefore they can hold back a franchise. So there is a double edged sword to the only most of you guys exactly.
Speaker 3: And we're talking honestly, most of them will.
Speaker 4: Be So I did this project looking at ten years of drafts from two thousand and six to twenty sixteen, and just in the top ten picks, only twenty five of the one hundred guys taken in top ten over ten years became All Stars. Like there's like a twenty five percent chance you were getting an All Stars a top ten pick, Like, there's just it is much more of a crapshoot than everybody makes it. On draft day or during the lottery, everybody's like everybody's gonna be great, everybody's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be year nineteen ninety six, it's like, well, let's see, let's chill. It's just the lotto today.
Speaker 4: Right, we get over our skis a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, Yes, And I do like that Wogs or whoever comes to the Clippers is not coming as the savior. We are not in a scenario where the pressure of an entire franchise is on this young player's back. You know what I'm saying. Like it's not an a j situation, Like it's like you, it's you can you can learn a little bit. We do need you to obviously become a contributor, but you're not the number one. You're not. Your face isn't outside the whole into a dome because you're our only hope for to happen like an okay season.
Speaker 5: Also, Wagler seems like a nickname that Philip Seymour Hoffman's character would have made up in the film Boogie Nights to impress his friend Dirk Diggler. And uh, I like that aspect a lot.
Speaker 1: I do like that aspect. That's a good call. The other thing now, because Adam we talked about this a little bit on the stream earlier, is do the Clippers does this change the odds of Kawhi maybe being traded because now we can kind of get into this like ultra soft rebuild thing. ESPN had four Kawhi trade ideas that I wanted to talk about. The first one is one that I think we would all probably reject. Kawhi graph.
Speaker 3: What is there an infograph?
Speaker 1: There's not. I mean I could put the Ringer web, I could put ESPN website up, but I don't want to give them any free press. Kawhi to Golden State for which would be Kawhi for Jimmy Butler a twenty twenty seven lotto protected first round pick and a twenty thirty two first round pick Lotto protection is crazy to.
Speaker 3: Me on that No, no, hanging up the phone. How many years are left on Jimmy's deal? Aren't they still? Like three more years?
Speaker 4: We look, But here's the thing. Just a twenty twenty seven pick in general doesn't make much sense because if they're getting Kawhi, they're going to be really good. Like the lottery protection doesn't matter that much to me, because it's not going to end up being a lottery pick most likely.
Speaker 1: So he has he has fifty seven million next year and then he's unregided. He's unrestricted, so he is an expired.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, he's extension in his deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that would be I would not like that pick, like you said, just it's like it's not a very good pick in twenty twenty seven. I just died.
Speaker 4: I would like picks further out, like the twenty thirty two. If they have a twenty thirty I don't know what else they have because Golden State will be taking their medicine eventually.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed, Yeah, Courage assigned the two year contract. We can assume the window is probably till about twenty twenty nine. The other one Kawhi to Detroit, which would be Kawhi plus a twenty twenty nine second round pick from Memphis or Portland. We have like the slew of those four Duncan Robinson, Karris LeVert, Ron Holland, the second twenty twenty seven first round pick from Detroit, twenty twenty nine first round pick from Detroit, and then a second round pick via Memphis and Memphis gets Paul Reid.
Speaker 4: That was a lot on the screen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one I might need on the screen. Sorry, we do have the cap of abilities. Everyone's going to get to see our breakdowns, which you're very professional, so it's highlighted there. It's I like the picks aspect of this. It's a twenty twenty seven first round pick, which isn't the great, but then twenty twenty nine unprotected. You guys also have this breakdown email.
Speaker 3: Still be good unless there's like right.
Speaker 1: Or something that year. Why can't I find it?
Speaker 3: Did you send it to him?
Speaker 4: I'm serious.
Speaker 1: It has shared with two people. I'm sharing it on the screen. You guys have editor permissions.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you gave everyone our emails.
Speaker 1: Now you have editor permissions. Yeah, this I don't know. And like Duncan Robins, it's it's again, it's it's probably not the best the best package.
Speaker 4: I just don't love those two first round picks. They're going to be late first round picks. With Detroit. They have Kate Cunningham and he's twenty four. Yes, I don't look. I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: Of course, but it's not It doesn't feel like a oh, they gotta do this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not compelled. I'm not moved.
Speaker 1: Adam is unmoved, Kawhi to Houston, Kawhi and Brook for Alprin, Sengoon, Reed Shepherd and Steven Adams.
Speaker 3: That's a no for me.
Speaker 1: I want no part of having Darius Garland and Reed Shepherd on the same team that it's you're the guard rotation is brutal defensively.
Speaker 5: And like, I I don't want Alprinsting Singun on my team. I like, I love watching him play basketball, but there's like a hard ceiling on what you can do with that kind of center in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm higher on Shngoon than that, but I just don't like.
Speaker 3: Two point zero like it, dude, It's like the same thing.
Speaker 5: If you're not a good defensive center, I don't think that you can go very far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just well tell me this, like is going to be able to hit three pointers? Because if he can play power forward next to Yannick, I'm feel a little bit better.
Speaker 1: How much power forward is you played?
Speaker 4: But there's no there's no draft pick there there's no Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. You have to be in love with the player haul on that, and I'm I'm just not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's fair.
Speaker 1: And then the final option Kawhi to Miami, which would which I can see. Miamis said they're going to try and make a push for like any superstar possible.
Speaker 4: They have telegraph things. They're helping the business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the opposite of the Clippers, where they're like, there's no leaks because we are telling you exactly what we're going to try and do. Anton Kawhi and Chris Dunn. So Joseph Haardi likes it for Tyler Hero Andrew Wiggins twenty thirty unprotected first, twenty thirty two unprotected first.
Speaker 4: Did you've seen Tyler Heroes contract? I don't know. Tyler Hero with back, I think you'd have to move Darius Garland if you do this, well, I don't know if I like him.
Speaker 1: He's on a he's an Expiring Heroes in Expiring.
Speaker 4: Oh, so he's due, he's he.
Speaker 1: Makes thirty three million next year, and then he's unrestricted in twenty seven eight.
Speaker 3: So you get the privilege of either like re signing him or just letting him walk.
Speaker 1: And and A twenty thirty unprotected first and A twenty thirty two unprotected first.
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty that's kind of spicy.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: It's kind of spicy. Thing is that heat are so unpredictables? Isn't terrible?
Speaker 1: Like this is like, yeah, they are.
Speaker 3: They're a team though that would like those could end up both being like the fourteenth pick both pigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, you can move.
Speaker 4: Not go to bottom out. They're not that type of franchise. And we also have to consider the new draft rules coming, yes, like if they're flattening things to this degree trying to gauge whether or not how high of a pick it could be when everybody is going to have the same odds, Yeah, that completely changed the equation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Also the heat being in the getting a lottery pick this year was the first time in seven years.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, so none of I none of these are like, none of these are make the deal right now.
Speaker 3: Like honestly, if you just worked it, the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Would be willing to to like tinker with that, like the future lot of situation. Like, well, that's just kind of interesting because those picks are the most attracted to me. But you bringing up the flattening of the lottery odds also kind of throws a wrench in the whole.
Speaker 1: Time because it's also like the Clippers kind of put the screws to the Pacers when it came to the pick protections because the Pacers wanted it full lot of protected. It no deal, no deal Warriors.
Speaker 4: If the Warriors instead of going twenty twenty seven, they own their twenty twenty nine pick, if you went twenty twenty nine and twenty thirty two, I'd be interested, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would be all right with that. The heat one is intriguing.
Speaker 4: But I want khalil ware from them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, But they love him, don't they do?
Speaker 4: They know he's good and has the kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like he had such a good start to the season and then he just kind of kind of disappeared. The other the only other rumor right now, per Brett Siegel, who's never wrong, was reporting Cam Johnson to the Clippers with sure Klai, no, not for Kwhy let me see if I can find Cam Johnson bread.
Speaker 4: All right, he's expiring after this year.
Speaker 1: He's expiring.
Speaker 4: Twenty three million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like I don't know, sign and trade or whatever or you do the hell because I don't know if they do a hard reset, because you could trade, like I mean, Bogie and Brooke. It's two expirings.
Speaker 4: Why is Denver doing this?
Speaker 1: No, That's what I'm saying. I don't know. Seagull stress may potential move is hinged on Leonard, But if the Clippers turned serious and going after Johnson, they could offer Bogged and then Nick Patoom. It seems like kind of something he's just putting together because why would like Nick Patoma is very good.
Speaker 4: But the only way I could see it if they were shedding some salary yeah out of this so that they can sign because Peyton Watson is a restricted free.
Speaker 1: Agent and they want to keep Peyton Watson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe in a scenario like that, I'd like Cam Johnson for a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happens shoots the ball well, I mean he has what the Clippers need, right, which is size and shooting the ball.
Speaker 4: Well, he also has an injury record and he actually overall.
Speaker 3: Which is also what the Clippers need.
Speaker 1: We crave, Yeah, we have, we needed it.
Speaker 4: If we're losing some of those guys, we got to get some back here. Even things out point with that injury played identity.
Speaker 1: They can't always be hurt, right, lot of averages.
Speaker 4: Dude, he did kind of underperform this season, Like that didn't end up necessarily being an upgrade over Michael Porter Jr.
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, Mike and Michael Porter Junior did recently admit that once he didn't make the All Star team stopped trying.
Speaker 4: Which is and even then numbers pret decent. By the way, Brooklyn did not get rewarded for their.
Speaker 1: Taking, neither the Kings, well the Kings.
Speaker 4: The Kings screwed themselves though in some ways don't go seven and seven fourteen game stretch, like Washington got rewarded, Utah got rewarded, Utah got fined again.
Speaker 1: And got right. I forgot that this time.
Speaker 4: It was half a million dollars, totally worth it. Like NBA is acting like why do you they're incentivized to take, Like what do you if you're not going to make a snipper penalty? Why why wouldn't they.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to in five years when they reverse the rules where if you win the championship you actually get the number one pick, and if you finished dead last you get the you get the worst pick the opposite.
Speaker 4: The three two one situation does have the bottom three records having worsh odds than like the eighteen right in front of them, so that is kind of an interesting solution.
Speaker 1: It's weird we're gonna do some more draft deep dives in the episodes.
Speaker 5: Instead of like worrying about the draft order odds and tanking, Like I'm so tired of hearing about this, Like every casual like conversation that you have, someone who kind of barely follows the NBA is like, yeah, well they got to just stop the tanking thing, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like do they? I like, how many of these games between tanking teams are you really watching? And b how about we just fix the schedule?
Speaker 4: What I agree?
Speaker 3: What are we doing in five?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What are we doing here? Fix the things that actually matter?
Speaker 4: I think to the NBA what matters here is the relationships with gambling companies and some of these teams that all of a sudden, like when Utah was in Miami and they didn't play marketing in Triple J in the fourth quarter when they were killing them. I think that's what they're more concerned about than anything. But I'm with you. I think the real issues would be about getting stars to play more, which means fixing the schedule. And they're not going to reduce games. They're never going to do that. That that they're gonna lose money that way. That's that's in the new Broadcast rice deal with Media Rized deal. They just did so, extend the schedule, start a little bit earlier and a little bit later one or the other. Less back to backs.
Speaker 1: No eighteen game months. Start there.
Speaker 4: Start with March.
Speaker 1: Start with March, March, work backwards from March.
Speaker 3: Take a look at November, because someone wasn't right there either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a lot of free time in November for some reason. That's so good. Uh. Coming up, we're gonna be talking a bunch of random stuff. We have. Dip took, one of the show's enemies won a Pulitzer Prize. I don't know if he's an enemy. It just kind of sucks. All of that coming up after this quick audio break. If you're listening to us, gonna be ads. If you're watching us at YouTube dot com Slash a Clippers podcast, we are still here. Uh, but audio break and then Dip Talk and Pablotory talk coming up in three two.
Speaker 5: All right, welcome back into Clips and Dip. We're all members of the podcast. Definitely read the rundown before recording. Uh, we talked about the Clippers when in the draft. Uh, with the number five pick. Sounds like some bark's going on there. But now we get to get into the core of the of the off season content, which is of course dip talk and whatever else is going on. Uh. Pablo Torre, dear friend of the show, recently won a prestigious award. Adam, do you want to tell us some more about that?
Speaker 4: Uh don't know about it. You got the polls. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Did that make yours? Did that like make any of your any want in this podcast? Recordings like oh no kind of go off more.
Speaker 4: Like we're more concerned about the investigation. Not really, I don't know. I I'm glad people are trying to go more in depth and less broad strokes and more detailed because there's less of that in sports media now. That so, I, you know, I don't want to act like I hate Pablo Torre.
Speaker 3: He's a great journalist.
Speaker 4: His I are directed at the Clippers, and some of it seemed like it became personal at times, which is strange and seems a little bit on the unprofessional side. But I think overall, like I could see why you got the award, especially because this is it's innovative, because now it's you know, it's not a write up, it's not a scientific journal. This is a podcast form of journalism. Here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it does. I do like it because it makes me feel better about our chances to win a Bullitzer. Now that he kind of broke this ground, I think that there's another Clipper Center.
Speaker 3: Podcast for dip podcasting.
Speaker 1: Dip podcasting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you listen to the newest drop the newest newest episode?
Speaker 4: I didn't. This was the first one, and I said, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like, I don't know what I'm I cause, kind of to Adam's point, we did learn some things from the initial let's call it two episodes where you're like, no, I love the Clippers, but you're looking at some stuff and you're like, damn, okay, it feels like I missed up. You just learning, you learn things. I'm not sure what I'm learning from part five five B.
Speaker 4: This is this is ten maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like and no disrespect to the investor, the guy who they interviewed and stuff. But I'm just like, I understand the slant from where this is coming. I I don't expect to see a piece where it goes. The guest is like, actually it was all above, but you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: He's hinted so much of his reputation to this investigation that it will hurt his credibility if the investigation ends up being nothing from the NBA or to slap on the wrist, or its less than it'll less than that.
Speaker 1: The Pulitzer prizes credibility too, because they specifically reference that the reason he won the award.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there's a lot. There's a lot on the line here. But he would just say, well, I'm guessing he and anybody else and basically every fan base outside of the Clippers, they're going to be like, Oh, they're getting away with it, blah blah blah. They won't look into the details that the Clippers actually aren't penalized for this. They'll just be like, well, Ballmer's the richest owner of North America and they won't care about the facts. At that point, I'm fine with whatever comes out. If there's a punishment that comes out from.
Speaker 3: It, then I mean nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 4: We got to take it like, yeah, it sucks. It sucks for the fan base because they haven't done anything wrong. So I hope that the Clippers are right and what they've been saying all along, we haven't done anything wrong and if that's what the investigation finds, then that's where it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that no, absolutely no idea. When this thing is wrapping up the most expensive law firm. We said it on the show in the beginning, they like billable hours. I keep there's this like discourse on the internet that it's been swept under the rug, and I'm like, there's just still investigating. Yeah, they don't put out press releases for that. I know it's boring, but like, we're not getting up We're not gonna get updates from the law firm.
Speaker 4: It does feel like momentum has shifted from Oh, the Clippers are getting hammered. This is it. They're taking away five draft picks. It's gonna be like the Minnesota Timberwolves in the early two thousands too. Yeah, I don't think anything's coming out of this. The one I did one episod so called Adam finds out because I think Pablo stepped in a little bit. He shifted things from multiple times, and I get it, as new evidence comes in, you have to change your opinion on things. But there were multiple times where he said the money was too close, and then as he found that more money was put in and now it's no longer fifty million in, fifty million out, and that nice and tight number doesn't work. He kind of has to shift to say, well, but there's this and there's that, and it's like, well, before you were saying it's too close to be a coincidence, and now the money doesn't work anymore. You're going in a different direction. That to me was telling, And he followed me on X right after I put that out.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, so he might watch the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see, all right.
Speaker 1: Further off season talk.
Speaker 3: Also, why didn't you win the the Pulitzer for the fucking finding the the.
Speaker 1: Hip hop.
Speaker 3: For finding the hip hop record that the GM did?
Speaker 1: Yes? Like, where's the Pulitzer for the that was?
Speaker 3: That was incredible journal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That's what he should be reordered for. Okay, this is a classic case of which would you rather have Jalen Brown twitch stream or Paul George podcast.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the twitch stream, which as bad, really, as bad as it is, I would still rather have Jalen Brown on my team than Paul George.
Speaker 1: Fair. So you're taking it holistically, Yeah, Adam star player with a twitch stream, tarp star player with the.
Speaker 4: Podcast Paul George had, Jerry west On, he had good guests on. He had good shows, like people just hating just to hate, Like I don't think it's what it was him and just Dallas and his buddy. Okay, well that's different. But when he has like he did a lot of them with guests, like a lot of good guests. So fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would rather have podcasts than than twitch stream. Twitch stream also has a more sinister vibe to it. Also, Adam Jalen Brown had very famous people on his twitch stream. Look at these guys. You're telling me you don't know who these guys are. He had good guests too, Dude.
Speaker 4: Did he just bring in some Boston Celtic expense?
Speaker 1: Literally, I think they're Boston sak their Celtics bloggers.
Speaker 4: I like the Jalen Brown too, but the end of the season and some of the remarks he made, I don't know. I'm not close enough to the situation to know. Versus Paul George.
Speaker 3: They are both guys to me who like put their foot in their mouths, like like despite even doing like good things off the course and on the court, and like I just I've already had the PG experience.
Speaker 5: I think I would prefer to a if if things in a sliding doors scenario.
Speaker 3: I guess your favorite the Jalen Brown experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is interesting. And then finally, Sexy Red took a picture with Kawhi Leonard at the airport. Where do we think Kawhi was going? Atlanta? I think he was going international. He likes his international off season trips.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're right, yeah he is usually.
Speaker 4: Was he a Cuba before with his hair out? Looked like a model next to that truck or.
Speaker 1: That he was like drinking out of the coconut. I think it was Cuba. Maybe he went to Eastern Montana. Was that Eastern Montana or No, I don't know where it was. Yeah, that's fair. I think he was going international. He gets another healthy off season, which is great. Happy for Kawhi to be enjoying this time. He was not on the same flight as Sexy Red. I'm perfectly okay with my team not spending time with famous rappers.
Speaker 4: I'm unfamiliar with her game.
Speaker 3: Well, she's your favorite trappers, favorite rappers, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll send a playlist with the rundown next time because we're going to talk about Sexy Red a lot this offseason.
Speaker 4: Greatest hits, catch me up to speed.
Speaker 1: Greatest hits. Okay, I will send you three tracks. Okay. Now the most important part of the off season episodes the dip. Talk here in the off season on clips and dip. We do make dips. Send us your recipes. We will make the dip. Adam, what did you make or bring for a dip today? We were originally supposed to record on Friday, so we had some extra time to get a dip ready.
Speaker 4: No, I think it actually worked against me because I had a dip on Friday. I was all ready to go, but then it was so good that I ate it and didn't leave any for today. And you know, the draft thing and I totally forgot and it's just, you know, it's weak. Two of the dips are back on Clips and Dip, but mistakes were made. It might be week three thousand apologies.
Speaker 1: No, A thousand apologies is fine.
Speaker 3: That's good. Put your finger in something weird and you're free to eat it right now.
Speaker 4: If I had some yogurt left in there, okay, I can get something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In the spirit of this thing, will what did you go with Okay, so if you were watching this on video. If you're not, you should be at some YouTube dot com slash at Clippers podcast. I was kind of snacking throughout and I got something it's going to.
Speaker 3: Stretch the bounds really of what a dip is.
Speaker 5: Hell, I don't have any left to show, but I was eating some delicious, uh, some delicious I'm trying to see if I can share a picture. I can't, but I was eating some delicious loop beans. I was eating it during the podcast, and so anyways, it's kind of the dip is pre applied to the vessel, in this case, the vessel being a bean. The dip is olive oil, salt, garlic, and herbs and you kind of toss them together. And I'm gonna still say that that counts as a dip in the same way that I believe Nacho's counts as as dip. Okay, sorry, it just does.
Speaker 1: You're talking now, not verb of course, because sometimes the dip. Yeah, because salsa not technically a dip, but you can dip something into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lucpini bean also a very underrated bean. For those listening, Adam, you seem to have some consternation on your face, as Will describes this dip.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling better about my dip?
Speaker 1: Wow, where do you go?
Speaker 3: And I would bring it to a party.
Speaker 5: Are a barbecue and actually have in fact already done that and I partook they were delicious.
Speaker 4: Would we like to talk about to dip or not to dip? That is the question. What constitutes a dip? And I think I found something interesting here?
Speaker 1: How holds this sauce bottle?
Speaker 4: Not at all?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And I will be eating it, but it is it's a barbecue dip.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna say it's a dip. And the reason I can say that is it fucking says it hinders wing sauce and dip. It says sauce and dip. And you know why because the thickness this is sticky, honey barbecue. This isn't this little sand watery thing.
Speaker 3: This is qualify it?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, and we salvaged it. I went, I had a busted dip today. Wait? What do you enjoying the dip with? About them? Okay? Finger left index? I went with kso with salsa from Tacos via Corona mixed into it.
Speaker 3: Oh nice? Did you go to tacos via Corona.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. I went today and I'm enjoying them with El Priiso chips. They got some with sunglasses. You can't really beat that branding. I would bring this to a barbecue, for sure. The spice the sauce is a little hot, so it gives it some kick, which is really good. But it is very lazy. I put in no effort compared to last weeks, but.
Speaker 3: I feel bad that I didn't have more to show. Sorry, it was just too delicious.
Speaker 1: I think we went three for three.
Speaker 3: Oudam, you're bringing that to a barbecue?
Speaker 1: Asson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, have a little taste off your finger.
Speaker 4: Why not. Kinders was established in nineteen forty six. Good numberful year.
Speaker 1: Damn wow, so they survived. Wow, that's a tough time to start a dip company.
Speaker 4: Was World War two ending? This is a celebration.
Speaker 3: An interesting choice to dever resources too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of an interesting thing. All right, Well we're three for three on dips again. If anyone has a dip recipe you'd like us to try, send it to us at clippers pod on Twitter or at Shavings dot Podcast at gmail dot com, or in the comments of this YouTube video. We'll be back next week talking our favorite prospects. Maybe Woggs who knows, probably a happy hour live hang will. Where can people review this podcast? If they will?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can and should review this podcast over at Apple podcast or Spotify if you listened to us on audio form. We're available of course across any audio platform. The best way to consume the show though, is alread at YouTube dot com. That's at Clippers Podcast, and you can let us know what you think. Comment on every single video, subscribe, hit the little bell to get notifications.
Speaker 3: It's a good time. It's the off season. We're gonna have a lot of fun over here.
Speaker 1: We are, we're already bringing the dips and.
Speaker 3: Now we have, like we have some heat to talk about in this offseason.
Speaker 5: Fellas, there's gonna be there's so many potential machinations that are spinning around in my head.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be sims, there's gonna be trade ideas, Adam where well, No, you have actually the most important job now, wow, it might be the easiest you've had in a while. Episode wise, give us something positive to even to help us ride even higher as Clippers fans after this weekend.
Speaker 4: I mean it used to be in that bad luck, they'd have no luck at all. But I don't know. Things are looking up for this Clippers team all of a sudden, and this sends us into the off season feeling much better than how the year actually ended. I mean they had to they had to trade James Harden, he wanted out. They got a guy who's ten years younger for him. Did they trade a Visa Zoo Bots and they end up getting They still have another pick coming from Indianapolis, the twenty twenty nine for a round pick. Clippers are in business. Oh by the way, did you know they got the thirty six pick in this draft? Coming up? Not too shabby, I'd say so. Able to retool, be competitive while getting better and continuing to improve and refine things. That's Clippers basketball.
Speaker 1: Baby, There we go, that's Clippers basketball. We'll be back next week. Thank you for hanging out, and as always, let's go Clips.