Speaker 1: Ripped off. You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No sil Martino, you wan to show up.
Speaker 1: It's kind. How's everybody doing today on the snow weed morning here in Denver. We are here to help you, to solve your problems, answer questions, take complaints. You know the drill you've been ripped off, you've been taken advantage of. Maybe you want to just expose some some some words I wish I could use on radio, but I can't, So I'll stick the scumbag who maybe took money and ran. Maybe you need a little help going after him. We use the power of the media, that's right, the power of the media to go after those that have wronged you. The phone number is easy. I'll always let you know when the line's open. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, and then don't forget help at troubleshooter dot com. John Fuller, Attorney at law, joins me in studio today. John, How are you doing, man, good great man, good morning. We got Deputy Scott over here, guys, I got to start with this, and I promise I'm going to jump to the phones. This uh, this murderer, this guy in New York who killed the CEO of the health insurance company United Healthcare. I'm starting to see a lot of people sympathize with them. Here's what I know about it, and I don't know what's true what's not true. But what I've read is this, when he was fifteen or sixteen, he actually worked at an old folks home and he probably saw liat a lot of denial of coverages. I'm just total assumption on my part. I don't know what's in this guy said, but what I'm thinking of is the different things he left in that manifesto he hand wrote, almost like Ted Kazink. It's kind of a strange deal. But anyhow, this guy worked in the old folks home. He apparently had back problems that the surgery didn't go well. I don't know if they didn't allow him to get additional surgeries or additional treatments, it might have helped them. But I can't believe the amount of sympathizers that are online talking about this guy. I mean, it's kind of crazy. Now, look, I hate if you listen to this show. I bitch about health insurance companies all the time ever since Obamacare got involved, and basically they choose the doctor, they mandate what kind of coverage you have. Now it's changed a little and if you didn't want coverage, it actually tax you. I mean, it was kind of crazy when it first came out. But Obamacare, honestly, I think ruined it. It was good for some people. I guess if you didn't work and were able to work but still wanted coverage, you could get it. So there's different arguments to be made. But for me, and it was the worst thing that ever happened. Our insurance premiums are through the sky right now. Till this day, there's only three people. My son's got his own coverage now, but my daughter, who's in law school, is still on ours. You want to know how much we spend, Scott, you're looking at me. Let go ahead and tell me. Premiums. Premiums for the three of us. And this is Kaiser and it's an HSA plan. It's about as cheap as you can get eight thousand a year, oh god, no, thirteen hundred a month. So that's what fifteen sixteen thousand. Then on top of that were six grand or seventy five hundred out of pocket before they pay for anything. So for twenty two thousand a year, we each get a free physical. Yeah, a free physical each year. Can you believe it? That's how bad Obamacare is. Pre Obamacare, I had a good Year store. We had forty nine employees and we covered everybody there. We covered the employee and I think half espoused whatever the deal was. And back then the average employee, including myself, I was an employee of my own company. I mean, we were paying maybe four or five hundred bucks a month for the premium and then we actually add coverage. In other words, you'd show up, you have a twenty eighty cope. If it's a you know, a four thousand dollars deal, you'd be eight hundred, one thousand out of pocket. I mean, it's crazy, but I hate insurance companies. But it's kind of nuts thinking that people are kind of sticking up for this guy. He's like, I mean, do you think John Fuller, gee, see this is crazy. I'm going to use the term robinhood, but I don't really mean it as you know, steal from the rich, give to the poor. But I mean, what do you make of this? What do you make of people online talking about someone had to do this? I mean, you must get the frustration people have with healthcare, but this is insane to go murder somebody over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy. I mean it's but it's nothing really new. I mean the outrage you know that's kind of missing here is a little bit surprising, but it kind of isn't. I mean, think about for years and years in the auto you know arena, we've had all State out there advertising like you know, the loneliest chair in the courthouse, and you know, they're trying to personalize the fact that any claim is a claim against everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they deem it.
Speaker 4: Villa plaintiff and villainize the plaintiffs to the point that you know that there's this stigma that attaches to making a claim, even if it's a claim on a policy that you bought and paid for.
Speaker 1: Don't they and I don't mean just automotive, but even healthcare, don't they almost make it seem well, especially automotive, they actually have commercials and they actually try to brainwash people into believing that like, oh, if you make a claim You're just an ambulance chaser, right, that's the dumbest thing you can do. You're gonna make it bad on everybody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's absolutely what they do, and that's the message, and I fight it every single day. I have people that legitimately have damages and are the victims of other people's negligence and even other people's lack of having any insurance that that when it comes time to finally make a claim against their own uninsured motorists, they are hazarded. They say, oh, I don't you know, and that from the brain, I don't want to get canceled, you know, I don't want to get canceled by my own insurance company. And the reality is they're right. I mean, there there is a penalty that goes along with making claims. In general, there's a state law that says they can't cancel you for making a UM claim. But but the theory is correct, the more claims you have, the worse you are as a potential insurance customer.
Speaker 1: Well, of course you are same with homeowners, same with same with health care insurance, same way. You know, it's just kind of crazy. But any comments on that, I I kind of look forward. I'd actually like to hear from somebody that's a little outrageous on it to pick their brain. I mean, if you got denied, say your wife got denied and she ends up dying, and I don't know if whatever she was denied for would have saved her life or not for sure, but I mean in your own mind you probably think that way. You're like, oh, if they would have only approved that certain treatment for cancer out in New York or whatever it is, that could have very possibly helped her extended her life, but they deny it. I mean, I understand where people are coming from, but my God, to do what he did in cold blood like that. You guys seen that video, right, he was calm, cool, collective. I mean, this guy, at first I thought maybe he was an assassin or something, and then writing on the bullets, it's crazy. Hey Matthew, what's going on with this concrete job? Hey, good money, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 5: So I just wanted to kind of complain about this guy blast them outs into the world.
Speaker 1: Is this I'm looking at this business card? Professional Professional landscaping and concrete service. Call mister may anytime. Is this a guy we're talking about.
Speaker 5: That is him. He goes by Kevin.
Speaker 1: Well, according to this card, he's going to make it easy for you. So did he make it easy for you?
Speaker 5: He did at the very beginning, because he sounded very confident in his work. But throughout the process he needed a living hell. And at this point in time, it's still a living.
Speaker 1: Well what's it look like now? I see the business card, but I'll be damn man, I don't see any pictures of the job. What was it a driveway? What was it?
Speaker 6: It was a back patio.
Speaker 1: So they poured the patio and then what was the first problem you had?
Speaker 5: So throughout his process he demoed it out and then he put the rebart down, and then he had the rebar too close to the forums. So I'd taken pictures sent it to him that they had too close. Rebart's too small.
Speaker 1: You need to fix it.
Speaker 5: He said, okay, Will, And then he did that, and then he didn't compact anything. And I didn't need to compact it, and he said, okay, I will. I didn't upload any photos. But he had poured another slab on the side of the house.
Speaker 1: Well, what where does it sit right now? I mean, is does it look bad? Or you're just saying it's too thin, not enough rebar what what is your issue with it?
Speaker 5: My issue is where he poured it, where he didn't compact it in the front area, it's sagging down from the house now okay, And there's another part, well what it's sagged?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Are you saying it sloped away from the house like it should be?
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm saying like I cocked it when he got done. You know, I waited for the cure and then I coughed it, so it sealed it up on the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then you can see where it's flunging down, pulling the cocking up the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's settling a little. I mean, how bad is this? So what is the fix? Are you saying the only way to fix it is to what jack camer it out.
Speaker 6: Jack camer it out, or to level it up.
Speaker 5: And then there's another.
Speaker 1: Part, hold on, hold on, That's what I'm trying to figure out from you, Like, for example, would mud jacking work at this point?
Speaker 5: I don't think it would, okay in the situation. And then there's a part where he had the gates. He had put a really big level at the gates, so the gates can close, and then when I put the gate back on, it wouldn't shut or anything. And I had before he poured the concrete.
Speaker 1: Now the gate doesn't shut because it shifted right.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the other part is the other side of the gates is the concrete was too high. Got it before he poured the concrete. I opened the gate and it was getting at rebar, so therefore it would have been too high. No matter what.
Speaker 1: I got to see some pictures of this, Matthew, When can you send something?
Speaker 5: I could do that very soon, all right?
Speaker 1: Makes hold on, man, I'm going to put you on hold. Here's what we're going to do. I want to get some pictures of that. I'm going to have one of our experts from pro Form Concrete on the air. After I send these pictures to them, we'll discuss it with them. And what area of town are you in?
Speaker 5: Green Valley Range?
Speaker 1: That's not too bad he did? Maybe we send him over there. What is this guy my saying at this point? Or what did you say his name was? Or what is he like going by Kevin? Okay? And what does he say right now it's fine?
Speaker 6: Or what I said?
Speaker 5: Come out he find my text or calls.
Speaker 1: He just won't. Okay, hold on a second, So Kelly, couple things. One, Let's see if we can't get Kevin on, Let's give him the opportunity to come on. This guy just talked about him, and let's see if we can figure out what he has to say about it. But I need those pictures so we can send him to our expert and go from there. All right, listen, we've already got a stacked house. By the way, Deputy Dmitri just walked in, so we're here to kick ass for you today. Nicole Liz Mob, how do you pronounce that Kelly? For the life of me, how do you pronounce m a e ve mave mob? I don't know. We'll figure it out after this.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 7: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 8: Find out now three oh three seven seven one help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open, Kelly, did we try to get through to mister my over it to concrete Place? Any luck there? I guess she's on the phone. H Kelly, Kelly, you are allowed to speak on air, you know, so, I would like to know when you get a few minutes whether or not we tried to reach out three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Regardless, we are going to help that guy out. We're going to get pictures of the bad job. We're going to send him to one of our experts at referral lists dot com. And then after that, uh, we might even send out one of our experts to check it out if it's that bad. Now, let's go to Nicole. Nicole, what is going on with you and Walmart?
Speaker 9: Well it's not me my friend, okay, wink.
Speaker 1: Wink, my friend, a real friend, No, just a girlfriend, got it.
Speaker 9: She's the olderly lady and she was shopping at Walmart and she wasn't feeling right. There was too many people, so she went to another section at the store and some lady came up to her and asked her if she would help her with her groceries. And she said, well, what do you mean, like take them to your car? Or she goes, no, help me pay for them? Oh, she goes, well, that depends what is it? And it was three candle formula, so she said she would she would pay for those. And she wanted to go to a register by where she was parked, but the lady kept insisting that they go to a certain register.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, so hold on, she walks up, just walks up out of the blue. What did she have besides the three things of formula? Anything?
Speaker 10: No, that's all she showed her.
Speaker 1: And she said, hey, can you help me out and buy this? And then she wanted to pick out the register. My brain is just going, where is this going? So keep going?
Speaker 11: So I couldn't.
Speaker 9: It was hard for me to understand too, that why would you let go to the register you want not the one she wants. But she went to the register she wanted to, and she told the register that she wanted to do two separate transactions, and they told her that they couldn't do that. She had to do it all on one, which, well, first of.
Speaker 1: All, Walmart, I have a hard time believing that they don't care if you want to people go in there and pay for stuff on say their company card for business stuff, and then pay another way. So I don't even understand that. Is it a self checkout or is it a person?
Speaker 12: There was a person?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that doesn't make sense. So what happened?
Speaker 9: So she ended up the bill ended up being eight hundred and eighty Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Wait, how the hell does that happen? What they get a gift card? A Walmart gift card? What happened?
Speaker 9: Well, when I went back to Walmart and I talked to them about this I had, she couldn't even get the.
Speaker 13: Receipts from them.
Speaker 9: She kept trying to get the receipt and the cash registry guy said, well, I put it in the bag, and she goes and before I.
Speaker 11: Knew it, the girl was grabbing my back.
Speaker 1: Are you car hold on? Nicole? Are you are you assuming that the Walmart employee was in cahoots?
Speaker 9: I think so? I mean, why did they have to go to one.
Speaker 12: Register and I don't know transaction?
Speaker 1: So what what happened? After that eight hundred dollars was for what? Why was it eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 9: Well, my friend had her groceries too, so that's why she had wanted two separate transactions, because she wanted her separate from the other girls.
Speaker 1: No, that's a lot of groceries. Hold on a second. I mean you said all she had was the three things of formula, right? Is that not right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: That's all she had. This other woman, that's all she had. Yeah, and then the woman you're talking about had what a cart full of groceries?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So once again, why is it eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 9: That's what she was trying to say. And the guy told her, well, the imple mil was fifty dollars a can, and then the Clareton and she goes, what I didn't get Clareton and the girl, I guess Walmart came back and said they watched the video. Well first they said, when I went to them, and they said, this is a known organized crime that's happening in Weld County with Romanians and they're taking advantage of the older people that they're coming.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say something right off the bat, I don't think Walmart is in cohoots for one reason. I assume the receipt is at some point on her charge card it says Walmart eight hundred bucks. Right, No, she.
Speaker 9: Paid cash and card?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? How much was?
Speaker 15: How much cash?
Speaker 1: Did she pay? Three hundred? See, now the whole story's falling apart. What why would she pay three hundred in cash for three cans of baby food?
Speaker 9: Well it was for everything. He wouldn't ring the transactions up separately.
Speaker 1: That doesn't go ahead, John, I mean, my brain's so loading. So what's the issue here?
Speaker 9: I mean, so Walmart knows about this that's happening, and they're not warning.
Speaker 4: So as your friend upset that the infaml was so overpriced and that she snuck a thing of Clarendon in there.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much? How much worth of Clarendon? Are we talking? Right?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 9: There was more than just Clareton, So I guess they said the Walmart employees did that every time.
Speaker 8: Wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, and I'm trying to argue with you, Nicole, but I keep going back to this. I've asked you three times. Now. All the woman had was the three things of formula? You said, yes, Where did she like sneak to Clarendon into her cart. I mean, where did the Clarendon even come from?
Speaker 9: The Walmart employee said that as they watched the video, every time my friend turned her back, she was grabbing stuff off the shelves and throwing it on the register.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, your friend got a receipt and it showed that there was extra items that she didn't buy. How much were those extra items?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How much did she get ripped for? Five? Six hundred? What is it?
Speaker 9: Five hundred and eighty dollars?
Speaker 5: Is what Walmart said?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And they and they didn't do anything, I assume.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that's where my issue lies, is well, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if that's an issue with Walmart. I mean, it really sucks. And I agree with you. The fact they knew it and that this is going on, you'd think they'd be on the lookout for it. I mean, John, as a as an attorney, I want you to put your attorney hat on real quick. Do you see any liability? And you got to take her for the word right now. They knew this was kind of a thing going on in the store. According to what she said. Do they have any liability here?
Speaker 4: Kinda I'm trying to think it through. I mean, to Monday Morning quarterback this and say, oh, we know that there's a bunch of Romanians running around hiding and you know, sneaking stuff onto the checkout counter, and they see it on video. But they only saw it after the fact. It's not like they were sitting up in the glass tower looking down going wow, she just stuck another one, put another one on there, you know. So I don't see any real culpability in the transaction itself.
Speaker 9: Except for she asked for two separate transactions.
Speaker 1: I know that part still seems way out there. That seems so weird to me.
Speaker 4: That's weird because I mean, why would Walmart say no to that?
Speaker 1: That's my whole point unless you had.
Speaker 4: A cashier that was in on something which you know is not outside the realm of possibilities.
Speaker 1: No, But if you listen to the whole plot.
Speaker 4: Folded, yeah, I just don't think that's the case Walmart.
Speaker 1: Was it again? Nicole on forty seven, Hey, Scott, do me a favor or Dmitri? Which one do you two want to make a phone call over there?
Speaker 15: And Nicole is your friend some sort of an at risk adult? Does she Is she very elderly or real or does she have a.
Speaker 9: I think that I think, I mean, I don't know, and over medical, but I think she's has maybe she's starting to get dementia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how old is she?
Speaker 9: She's almost seventy Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's a person at risk right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's the definition of an at risk adult. But Nicole, you know, a gypsy ripped her off, possibly in cahoots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with a Walmart employee.
Speaker 4: Wanted to say that word, but yeah, I mean, that's exactly what's going on.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what's going on. I would like you to make a call over there. Here's what I would like you to do. And this has worked. We've done this on the show before with Walmart. Try to get to the store manager. Okay, if you can't get to the store manager, you want the market manager. Don't forget that word market manager. The market manager will return your call. Make sure they know who you are, where you're coming from. And we're talking five hundred bucks from a company. You're ready for this that I believe takes in one point six billion dollars every single day. I'm not saying they owe this woman anything, but for five hundred dollars and possibly a person at risk and just the the good things I always say about Walmart. Honestly, people know that, so honest to goodness. See if you can get through to someone there, maybe a gift card, maybe just to help her out.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'll give them a call immediately, Nicoll. Was there a police report filed in this matter?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good point, Yes it was.
Speaker 9: And the cop he didn't want to talk to men.
Speaker 12: He just wanted to.
Speaker 10: Talk to my friend.
Speaker 9: But because that's what I asked Omer, I said, can you guys help her with anything?
Speaker 1: Because Greally, the cops aren't going to do anything. I mean, most likely they're going to do zero.
Speaker 15: So is that what happened? They did nothing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 9: No, Walmart said they couldn't do anything, and I said, well then that's fine. Can I get some type of some report number from you guys so I can email?
Speaker 1: Did you get the report number or not?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't, Okay, hold on, hold on, dmitre, grab her info offline. Let's go make a call and see what we can figure out.
Speaker 15: I'll start calling as soon as Kelly sends Menicole's phone number.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, Kelly, can you hear me now? Did we try to reach out to that cement concrete guys?
Speaker 16: Did I spoke with him with Kevin?
Speaker 1: And what did Kevin have to say.
Speaker 8: In the middle of job.
Speaker 16: He's very aware of the situation, and we're going to try to reset him up for Friday because he's busy all week, but he has Fridays.
Speaker 1: Busy all week, so he can't talk to us talk about it. Can you imagine? Okay, let's say you go out on a first date. You know, he's a professional, he's a mister, he's a mystery. He's got two phone numbers and a mister in front and a mister on his postcard that he sends out come on. Imagine going on a first day. If you go out on a damn first date and you call up for the second and they're not they're busy every single day until Friday, that's the blowoff. This guy's blowing us off, in my opinion, And I'm going to try to call him, turn the break and try to coerce him to coming on the air.
Speaker 8: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 7: Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage? That does of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I called up Kevin or mister My. I mean, this guy's going by too many names at this point. He's got multiple phone numbers on his advertisement. This whole thing spells trouble.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: He said he'd come on Friday. He would come on Friday. I tried to bet everybody in his studio. Yeah, he's so busy now it's crazy. So he can't talk in night. He can't talk till Friday. I don't like it. I'm also a very large language barrier. You know, it wasn't that well. It's his name is definitely not Kevin. I think it's mister My for sure, but I don't know I'm going either way on this one. What do you guys think, Kelly, let me ask you should I ask our callers to maybe call him up and ask if he's gonna fix it? Because I attempted to ask him that. I said, just say what you're gonna do? He didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 8: Well, let's see if.
Speaker 16: He and Matthew can come back on Friday and reschedule and I can try to get them back on the show. And then if that doesn't work, then absolutely we can go to any other.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll light him up. I just I hate this because I know, I know. In fact, I'm going to put a poll up on the next break for our YouTubers to see if they think this guy's coming on Friday. I'll take some bets. I know one guy. I think his name is Dave h on YouTube. By the way, if you watch on YouTube, you can see us during the show. Not only that, you can hear us during the breaks talk when the commercials. We try to somewhat mute the commercials and you can listen. But I'm going to put a poll up. I'm curious what people think. I say, the guy's not coming on. John Fuller is a guy coming on or not? What do you think he's honest and experience? All right, who are we going to now, may Eve? I'm going to guess how to pronounce that? How do you pronounce your name?
Speaker 4: My Eve?
Speaker 1: It was pretty close, may Eave?
Speaker 10: Yes, thank you? Yes, Hello, I'm glad. I'm glad you responded to my email. What I want to tell you about not to go into a deep drama. I'm very unhappy with the garage or opener company that I just dealt with, and I wanted you to tell me who is the best garage or opener company? And I live in Boulder, so it could be Boulder, Denver that are reliable.
Speaker 1: And what do you need done? Do you need a new door or an opener? What do you need done?
Speaker 10: Opener? When it freezes cold, it doesn't open and I have to go to work and I can't get my client out of out of it.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So what happened with the company that came out?
Speaker 10: Okay, I got I contacted them between and a half years ago because I was having the same problem. I'm an older garage er opener and they installed it a new one and put a liftmaster in there, which is supposed to last ten fifteen years, and he's I said, well, this one ever freeze when it was cold, and he said no, because it's Wi Fi connected. And I was very gullible and thought, whatever, Yeah, a big deal.
Speaker 1: I mean, who cares if it's Wi Fi? The only if it freezes, it freezes. I mean, so it doesn't have enough to work to break through some kind of icing that happened somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's your door freezing up or what odds.
Speaker 10: It's the little opener on the outside that you punch in a clothes Oh.
Speaker 1: The buttons are working. Yes, Okay, let me ask.
Speaker 10: You everybody else. I have a condo beautiful Mountain View here and Boulder.
Speaker 1: So you can reprise. Okay, hold on, hold on, hold on, you can replace just that part. You know that, right.
Speaker 10: I wanted them to, you know, take care of it.
Speaker 1: So what did they say when they came out?
Speaker 10: Okay, they came out and he looked around. This person.
Speaker 11: I did not feel like he had knowledge.
Speaker 10: She he looked around. They didn't charge me anything because I was already their customer. He looked around and he said, well, I think the problem is just because you have an LED light up there, and I said, what does that have to do.
Speaker 1: With it getting it doesn't have any heat? No, that's true. Listen, listen, please please please listen. I want to help you out. That could be very valid. I don't know how close that bulb is, but I'm going to tell you something. Where I live now, and they put up the LED traffic signs when it gets really cold and blowing snow, you can't see anything. You can't see the green, the red, the yellow because there's no heat forming. But you can buy a better punch key on Amazon for next to nothing, or better yet, a little key chain, a key fob that'll open that door.
Speaker 15: Cool.
Speaker 10: Can you recommend a good gruge or coming into would helped me have something that won't freeze up and I can get into my garage so I can go to work.
Speaker 1: I would like. I mean, I don't think you need a garage door company. Is what's driving me nuts about this? I just wish I.
Speaker 4: Knew what you mean by freezing up.
Speaker 1: Like she's saying, the pad itself, the keypad doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I do you do you have an opener in your car?
Speaker 10: No? I don't, But when I do, do that when I hit the keep pad, it blinks and nothing happens. When it's too cold and I can't get into the car and I can't go to work, and I'm a nervous That's not a good thing.
Speaker 1: No, that's not good at all personally.
Speaker 10: The light I was talking about the led she walked into the garage. The lipt masters up on the ceiling in the garage, and it's a light upstairs. It's not even close to the outside.
Speaker 4: Un Okay, Well that that has nothing to do with your garage, and it out wasn't. So I'm just curious why you have just a key punch thing on the outside of your garage and you don't have a remote in your car, you don't have something on the wall in the house. I mean, why not?
Speaker 10: Honestly, the reason is because I lost that a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's super easy to replace.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give you a number to somebody that we like. It's one clear Choice doors dot Com. Okay, oh yes, please. Those guys go from Boulder all the way to the Springs, maybe even Pueblo. Three oh three, five six, five sixty four oh nine. Now if that door opener, I'll give it to you again in a second. But I really want you to listen to this. If that garage door opener is only three years old, like you said, and it's a liftmaster, there's going to be a single button on it. You might need a ladder or step stool to reach it. But if you listen to me, you go onto Amazon. You can buy a keychain fob I'm staring at for ten dollars. All you have to do is hit the button on the garage the smart learn and then click the button on the fob and you train it. And the thing is so small it goes on your keychain. And you could do that and that's going to lost you ten dollars. Then you have that, So that might be what you want to do, but you know it's up to you. If you want to call a garage door company, you can do that as well.
Speaker 10: Oh kay, I'll have a friend of mine help out with that because I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, that's that's going to be the best way, the cheapest way. And then you have a remote again. I mean, then you have a remote again. You can also on Amazon buy the keypad. The Keypad's twenty two dollars for a new one, a brand new one that'll connect up to what you have. It's only two screws and it takes batteries and you know it might Yeah, so there's different options there. But if you know someone that can help you out, the programming, if it's only three years old, is very easy.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, all right, okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 10: That was so helpful. I've good day, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you. What do you think she's going to do? John Scott, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just cring to call the call the garage company. Yeah, you know, and pay a couple hundred dollars for a ten dollars item.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's what people do. That's that's what makes a world go run. That's what people do. One line open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. I cut you off, Skot, what reason? What do you think she's gonna do? Yeah, no, go on, we're on here.
Speaker 14: Go ho.
Speaker 15: I think she's gonna call the garage store company store company. I was thinking we do have a locksmith in Boulder.
Speaker 1: It's still over a hundred bucks, yeah, just for the call out. But yeah, I mean that might be a better way. For here. Those five. They're dirt cheap on Amazon, I mean dirt cheap, and they're universal. They work with almost anything out there. All right, Pam's got a problem with the roof in a townhouse. Then we've got two questions on car insurance. One might be a comment, and then Liz, you're gonna be up next. She's got a problem with car insurance. Whole night.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: Don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open. You've been ripped off taking advantage of he got the big break coming up. I promise Liz you're up first, followed by Margaret. Pam's got a problem with the townhouse. One line open any questions for John Fuller, Attorney at law as well. He is the auto accident guru. He knows it all. John, real quick for we go to break How quick should someone call an attorney, like a couple days, within two days? If not immediately?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I the sooner the better, I mean the perioday of the accident before you really make any decisions about setting up claims, getting medical care, all that kind of stuff. Obviously, if it's an emergency, go to the hospital. But after that call me all.
Speaker 1: Right three oh three seven one three eight two five five We will be right back.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a.
Speaker 7: Cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three.
Speaker 8: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: New so.
Speaker 2: Running as fast as we can. Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez. Welcome, my friends. Welcome to the show, the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off, maybe you've been taken advantage of. Maybe you just want to expose some sleees back out there that took money, didn't finish the job, didn't even show up and start the job. Those are the worst guys out there. And by the way, talking about the worst of the worst, you ready go to this go to Sleeze brigade dot com. These guys are the bad guys like Don Eiley. He took over ten million dollars from small businesses by filing phony tax reports to the IRS for their employees. Over ten million dollars. He put a lot of companies into bank. A lot of people don't know this. You got a bad accountant and your left hold in the bag. These people thought they were paying the money he would phony up reports. John, this guy was in a way brilliant. I had no idea how bad the IRS was I remember it calculating. He would phony up reports and give them to you, saying, okay, for your ten employees, we sent whatever ten thousand dollars to the IRS for your payroll taxes. Then what he would do with the IRS he would send zeros. He would say you didn't have any employees. But the remarkable part about what Don Eiley got away with shows how bad the IRS is. And this is what I mean. At the end of the year, if you work for somebody, what do you get? Get a W nine. These people would actually get a phony W nine showing they paid one hundred thousand dollars even though zero was paid on their behalf. And guess what they would actually get refunds. How the hell does that happen? I mean, it's really remarkable. Yeah, I've actually seen that before. I worked for a guy at one point that was a little.
Speaker 4: He didn't crook it, didn't pay a lot of his taxes on time. The IRS would regularly walk in the front door and mosey back to his office to have a little chat. And I recall that one of the things that he didn't pay was a lot of the withholding taxes and all the employees filed regular returns and it was just as if they had paid. The IRA gave them refunt for it, just as if they had actually paid. So they don't double victimize, you know, the actual victims, and then they go after the person that didn't pay.
Speaker 1: So what happens ultimately with Don Eiley's victims is it was the businesses. The IRS did not go after the individuals because they're like, well, that's impossible. I mean, it really is. How would they ever know in a million years. Imagine if you worked here, an extreme example, you worked for King Soupers and find out for the last five years they've paid nothing. Well, there's nothing you're gonna do it. But they did go after the businesses. Oh my god. Yeah, a lot of them literally are still paying now or they ended up going bankrupt. But you know what that means, can't get rid of the text. You still have to pay what they call the trust fund portion. You can't even if a business goes bankrupt, you still have to pay the trust fund portion. So Uncle Sam gets his pound of flesh no matter what. But that is what sleswrigade dot com is all about. By the way, one line open three zero three seven, one three eight, two five five. This hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate man. How I love thee Frank Duran made us so much money when we sold our house in Castle Rock. He listed it for less than I thought he should list it for. But it was nothing but a trick. Yeah, he tricked everybody. Then he got this bidding war going and I ended up making more on that house than I ever imagined. Then he helped me negotiate the new house we were buying in Franktown. Save me a almost save me one hundred thousand dollars on it. Frank's the best out there. You want the best. He's the nicest guy. He's a great man. Frank Duran Homes dot com, Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Now let's hop back to the phones. One line open, three zero three, Martino. You can always email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. John Fuller In, Deputy Dimitri, Deputy Scott. They're all in here today. So if you've been ripped off, now is a good day. By the way, before I hit the phones, did you end up calling Walmart? We had this woman call up. I got to recap it real quick. First call of the day. It was crazy. Her friend, who was a seventy year old woman was in Walmart. This, Uh, what do we want to call her? What did we call her? Last there?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: No? No, not the at risk adult? A gypsy. I was going to let somebody else say it, but you know what, who cares? They are gypsies. This gypsy walked up apparently from Romania a caller according to the caller, and what happened was said, hey, can you help me out? I just need to buy this formula for my baby. And she had three cans of formula and she goes up and the woman was buying her own groceries. Walmart watched the video, according to the caller, and what they saw on the video was this this gypsy dropping different gift cards and dropping clarendon and dropping different things into her cart when she wasn't looking. So when she paid for her groceries, she was also not only paying for the baby formula, but another five hundred and seventy dollars worth of stuff she wasn't purchasing. So Deputy Dimitri, he called up Walmart. You asked for the store manager if the store manager wasn't there. I told you, get the market manager. Where are we at on this phoa?
Speaker 15: I called them both. The store manager is out today, but I left them a voicemail alone with a reason why I called. And then they also did refer me to their market manager as you suggest that he'll be back at noon. Now he's got my name, phone number, the reason for my call.
Speaker 1: So I think the market manager will reach back out to you. They're pretty good. Yeah, so I'll update this. This is the moment I speak with that. How much do you think a market manager? I just want to ask you guys something. How much do you think an average Walmart market manager is over? As far as dollars I'm not talking salary, let's say the average I'm not even gonna make a guess because it's so absurd. You got to figure one hundred and fifty million per store and somewhere between ten and twenty stores. So that man generates some money. He does, and he gets well paid.
Speaker 15: I mean a typical Walmart manager, the GM gets paid about two hundred thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: So with bonus. Now, some of them at complex stores, A complex store example is Aurora, a complex store. That store manager if he hits all his bonuses, can easily make over a half a million dollars. I know they started that about less than a year ago. Wow, yeah, they started to incentify. But if you think of that complex store, that guy's probably pulling down two hundred million dollars a year.
Speaker 15: Probably it works. He probably works every day for twelve hours a day.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, she's it's very possible, all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five Now I digress. We're going to Margaret, You're next on the list, followed by Liz. Margaret, what is your question about car insurance or your comment?
Speaker 17: So my comment is, I'm just calling to give advice to the listener's mark. Sure, my son was in he was not in the car accident, but he was in a restaurant eating and had parked his car out at the end of a street and a woman came around the corner and ran into his car and pushed it into the car in front of him. And that was while he was eating, and so he came out an hour later, and you know, it ended up that he had nothing to do with it. Luckily, this gal had insurance, but the insurance company didn't get back to him until this morning, and so he had been calling in the kept saying, well, that person's not in the office today, they'll get back to you. You know, on Monday.
Speaker 1: What insurance company was in, Margaret, the USAA. So the person in USAA hit your son's car that in return hit the car in front of him where he was parked.
Speaker 17: No, no, no, no, no, that's just the insurance company that the woman driving the car that hit my son's car.
Speaker 1: Now, but that's what I'm saying. So, but it doesn't matter. They're going to get paid. So what's your advice.
Speaker 17: So USAA got back to us today and said, oh, there's going to be a delay. Why don't you just go ahead and contact your insurance company and it'll make everything go faster.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem with that is here's the issue. You end up paying the deductible, which generally isn't a bad thing because you will usually get that recouped, right, John.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you fall acclaim for an event that you were not at fault for and another insurance company ends up accepting liability, the very first dollar that they pay out on that is used to reimburse you for your deductible.
Speaker 17: So John, I have an insurance broker, and he advised us to refuse putting the claim into our insurance company to keep our rates from going out.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let me just address one thing that really needs to be cleared up. Your insurance broker does not represent your insurance company. They are a salesperson, Okay. They don't know one thing about claims, administration, or rate adjustments or anything else. If you're not at fault for an accident. We were talking about this earlier. There is a law in Colorado that says there's two instances where they cannot raise your rates, you know, following an accident. One is when you're not at fault, okay. And then the second part of that is when you use a coverage that's mandatory like medpay or something like that, or or even uninsured motorists that requires as a prerect was it for use that somebody else be at fault. Those two instances, you can't be penalized by the by the cancelation of your policy.
Speaker 1: Why do you think, John, and we hear this all the time, It doesn't matter, we hear it all the time, exactly what you say, Why do you think an agent would actually spread that bad information. I don't think the agent is necessari sarily lying. I would guess they just have no clue.
Speaker 4: They have no clue. Okay, they truly don't, and people believe.
Speaker 17: I just have to let I just have to let you know. As soon as my son called and refused to contact our insurance, yeah, they immediately jumped on it. And now they're going to look at his car tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's good, that's great, But that doesn't that doesn't.
Speaker 11: Net anything that I refuse.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you, Margaret, You're not You're not really listening though. Just just understand in the future, the insurance companies, at least in the state of Colorado, is at everywhere.
Speaker 4: John, Yeah, no, it's it's well, it's certainly in the state of Colorado. Listen, there are types of insurance that you buy that cover you in exactly this circumstance, and.
Speaker 1: They can't up your weight in when you use.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why in the world would you be penalized by using what they sold you that provides coverage for this event.
Speaker 17: Well, I mean, they weren't gonna they weren't going to offer to get him a rental car, you know, until they went and checked out the car and everything, and so they were saying, you know, put it into your own insurance and they can cover it.
Speaker 11: And then get yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: An easy way to buy time, and it freeze them. You know, they're insured up to you know, to drag their feet and everything else. But listen, you didn't really get one over on them. I'm glad they took that position, but in the end, but in the end, they would have paid that claim and they would have paid your insurance company back for every penny that they paid out to fix your vehicle, and they would have paid your son back for his deduction.
Speaker 1: And it wouldn't have penalized you at all, because look at it this way, they got all their money back. They just simply gave you the money because they're your insurance company, to go out and get a new car and get it fixed, get a rental car, whatever the coverage is. But they literally, in this case, would have gotten every single dollar back. Margaret, from the other company. All you did was.
Speaker 4: Just you know, mess with the timeline and stuff. But you didn't You didn't force them to pay for something they weren't already going to be paying for.
Speaker 1: Just at some point down the road. Thanks Margaret. Three oh three seven one three two five five. We're gonna have two lines open in a second. I'm gonna come back for Liz and then Pam, and then your call will be after that. Three oh three Martino.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of This is the show for you. We've got a full house today. We've got Deputy Scott, Deputy d We've got John Fuller, Attorney at law. We've got a lot cooking. We were talking over the break once again, it's hard to believe that people don't understand certain coverages, certain coverages that you pay for, you do not get punished if you use them. They simply can't. Is that actually a statute in Colorado? Yes, so that's it. You understand you're not allowed to the insurance company cannot. One of them is medpay. We talked about that and really quick, medpay is interesting. John told me something or taught me something about medpay in the state of Colorado. Every different, but it's mandatory in Colorado unless you deny it. The way you deny it is you would generally check a box on the policy saying I don't want this coverage. There's one company out there that John is never seen. Is that still true till this day? Yep, not one. There's one company out there. I'd love if you can guess it. I'm not going to say the answer yet, but there's one company that we assume when they actually print the forms, they already check the box saying you do not want med bay coverage. Guess what that company is. I'd love to hear from you. Guess what that company is, and maybe you'll win a prize. Now listen, here's what the deal is with you. No, don't say rhymes. Well, it's like you. But here's here's the funny part. That coverage is pretty cheap, right, bed Bay, very cheap, and you can use it if you're in an accident period, you can use it. That's it. You can just use it. You can apply wherever you want, pretty much, no questions asked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, here's the cool thing about it. It applies no passers. It's not fault dependent, so even if you happen to be at fault for an accident, it still kicks in.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, let me get a person. Tell me if this scenario is correct. In you and I are driving to my house, I slide on ice and I end up in the ditch and you hit your head on the window and you've got to go to the er. Yep, that was my fault. Yep, that accident. But that coverage would cover it, Yes, absolutely, medpay you bet? And then how about if no one was in the car with me? Still covers it? It covers me, It does, so it covers whatever you want. And it's cheap, and it's mandatory unless if you deny the coverage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's and it's per person. So keep in mind it's it's you would have. You know, if it's five thousand dollars, you would have five thousand. I would have five thousand. And you know, I always use the example of when I was, you know, earlier, my daughter played volleyball. We would have six girls in the back of the thing going to a tournament or something. You know, if something happened, know what their coverages are. I don't know what health insurance they have or anything else, but I know that my Medpay will cover each of them up to the amount that I purchased. So you know, if we go to the er, I know at least there's some coverage that's gonna be able to.
Speaker 1: Help you on.
Speaker 15: My agent told me something that maybe you can clarify this. He said, it doesn't even have to be in an accident. He said, I could fall out of the car getting in or out. He said, I could be injured while working on my car, and Metpay will cover. Does that sound right?
Speaker 4: You're dancing on the line, you know, between coverage and not. I mean it has to be and there are definitions in the policy Dmitri that will really strictly define when it's going to kick in. So if it has to do with your car. Pretty likely that it's going to kick in, you know, if you're.
Speaker 1: Working on your lawnmower. Not so much. Okay, well, okay, wait wait I'd like his question. Let me follow up with something that could really happen in Denver. For example, you pull up to a stop sign or something, and maybe you would go a little too far into the crosswalk and one of those scooters runs India and the guy on the scooter's hurt. Medpay no, no, no, and that's going to be liability.
Speaker 4: So back in the day when we used to have PIP or Personal Injury Protection or the true noble Jersey, it did cover that pedestrian. If you ran over a pedestrian, your personal injury protection would kick in and help pay that person's medical bills. But they got rid of that when they changed over to medpay.
Speaker 1: Got it? So all right, Liz, what's going on with you?
Speaker 18: Hi? I co signed an auto loan with my daughter back in twenty twenty and this year twenty twenty four, the car was totaled.
Speaker 10: When I bought the car or a co signed the car, there.
Speaker 18: Was a gap insurance policy included.
Speaker 14: On the law.
Speaker 18: Got it and I'm finding out now as.
Speaker 10: I try and make a claim.
Speaker 18: They are saying that the dealership canceled the gap policy in July of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: And why would they have done that? And how do you know they did that? Did you talk to the who was the gap coverage through? Like Progressive?
Speaker 6: Who it's through?
Speaker 10: JM and a group?
Speaker 1: Okay? And they're saying how long after you purchased the car would that be?
Speaker 10: It would have been four or five months? Is it canceled?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I understand you didn't. Is it possible. Have you spoken to the other person that purchased the car? I think you said it was your daughter?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 10: Uh no, Yes, she did not cancel the either. I was in charge of this.
Speaker 1: Why would they I'm trying to understand. When you call the dealership up, what did they say?
Speaker 10: Well, I never got a hold of them. They told me to call the financial a the financial service department at the at medbad and they never returned my call.
Speaker 1: Heys a couple of real basic questions. Do you still have the sales order? Do you have that? I would like to look at that and then and then have you matched it up? Let's say the total amount was fifty thousand with all the add ons and sales tax. Let's say the total amount financed or even paid for was x amount. Did that include the GAP coverage?
Speaker 10: Yes? It did well?
Speaker 1: Why would? And you never received the refund from the insurance company?
Speaker 4: Never never refindands, I never did anything else like that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, John asked a good question. Did you ever refinn it? Nothing?
Speaker 18: Now, It's always been done through ALI Bank. And additionally, another concern I had is that my loan, my loan through l I Bank involves also has auto loan protection on my car insurance policy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. What is auto loan protection?
Speaker 4: Sounds like another GAP is allied a credit union or is that a bank.
Speaker 15: They're a big auto they're a big lender for They specialize in auto loans for both dealer floor plans and consumers.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, they had to fund that loan, and and if they funded the loan based on the buyer's order, that showed that premium going out to the GAP insurance company, either Medbed is going to have to make explaining to do as they stay or or there's a deficit in that deal. I mean, either they paid the premium or they didn't.
Speaker 1: Could you send us a copy of that?
Speaker 11: Yes, I sure can't.
Speaker 1: Does have gap on there? I mean they would have the only thing I could think And I don't know why. I guess one thing that could have happened. And I'm not saying you did, but just based on what she's saying, they wanted to make more profit on the car, so they canceled it. I mean, other than that, I'm not sure why the hell they do. It wouldn't surprise.
Speaker 15: But then they're responsible for it, right, They sneakily canceled your insurance. Let's see, they're taking the risk.
Speaker 1: Well, they better figure out why they did it. They better have something in writing. They better have something.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a much bigger thing. It's not just as simple as waving a wand and saying med they get your check book out. But but yeah, if they somehow nefariously canceled that policy.
Speaker 1: Five months later, that's what's weird. This what doesn't make sense? When can you send that over? I can send it right now, Liz, send it over. I'm going to put you on whold three O three seven one three eight two five five Did she say was that the medved down in Castle Rock? Where is that one? I think they sold it? What medvet is it?
Speaker 10: It wasn't wheat.
Speaker 1: Ridge, wheat rich all right? Hold tight? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five real quick? Jacob's got a comment on insurance or a comment on my comment?
Speaker 12: Yeah, a couple of things, Mark, I wanted to say that I'm pretty sure I know.
Speaker 1: Who that is.
Speaker 6: Uh would it be uh? Fred Loya?
Speaker 1: You just nailed it? Win or winter ding ding ding ding ding you just one time?
Speaker 12: And then another thing I was going to ask you to about how you're saying they can't raise your rates if you use like medpay and stuff. Yeah, what's the stop them from just raising your rates when you go to renew?
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's here's the thing. I mean, here's the reality.
Speaker 1: They can't raise the raids based on right. Yeah, they cannot.
Speaker 4: Just if they decide to raise your rates, you're entitled to say why, and I promise you it'll never be explained to you that, oh, you used your medpay. But the statute is very clear. Medpay is a mandatory coverage. They can't make you buy it and then penalize you for using it. It is primary in Colorado. It is supposed to go first. It was designed to help pay the emergency rooms and the first responders that were getting just hosed when they changed the law over about twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: But Jacob, to your point, it always goes up. In fact, I don't remember. I think one time during COVID, John in the middle of COVID, I got a check from Safego for like forty eight dollars saying, no one's driving now, so here's forty eight dollars. Here's some history.
Speaker 4: I have had three hail claims in three Fridays in a row several years ago, big ones, and they were all separate claims. They were big, big claims, and and all State at the time was my insurance company. And all State assured me that we know we would never raise your rates based on a catastrophic event. That's we would never do that, mister Fuller. That's just not how we rolled, and they did. We would never do that. The following year my insurance doubled. That was because of what it was, not because of those those it was those Colorado We just re rated the area, mister Fuller.
Speaker 1: That's all it was.
Speaker 4: You know so, I mean, come on, the reality is they're going to raise your rates no matter what. But they can't do it specifically because you used that mandatory medpay coverage. So you know what, use it? Why buy it and use it? Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: He did win that, he got Hey, so do me a favorite, Kelly. Tell Tom he's got to pull his dinger out and go meet up with Jacob somewhere. I think he should take the helicopter. You know that's not a bad idea, held tight.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right both three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We have two lines open. You've been ripped off or taking advantage of next hour, Deputy Dmitri is actually doing something very interesting. We're going to dive into that. But he's got a clash a class action lawsuit. Basically you started it right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've been researching junk textures and a federal body of law called the TCPA that prohibits such behavior.
Speaker 1: And you filed last week in small claims. That's a different key.
Speaker 15: That's not the class action that that was the case that I prosecuting on my own. So I did file a small claims action against one text junk texture.
Speaker 1: It was a junk texture.
Speaker 15: Oh, you know, I don't think he's been served yet.
Speaker 1: What was what do they do? Is it political? I don't think you can do that. It's he was trying to sell me some goods. Just something.
Speaker 15: Yeah, totally random, totally random. He operates some store that sells some goods that you know what he got number, So that's we're going to find out. I mean, but because I have I have a potential claim against whoever supplied him with my name and phone number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy, man. Text that's the worst thing I ever did. I donated one hundred bucks to Trump probably twenty sixteen. In fact, I was at a Magiano's restaurant. The waitress was driving me nuts. She heard me talking about Trump to my kids, came over, inserted her big, ugly face into the conversation. So I actually left her fifty dollars of my one hundred dollars donation to Trump, just to make her day. I put that on the receipt. But ever since I made that donation, till this day, every Republican known to man has asked me for money, every single one.
Speaker 15: Dmitri, Yeah, that was a big mistake. And those people are exempt from TCPA.
Speaker 1: Pretend know they are, I know, and it drives me nuts. As soon as you block a number, what happens another one pops out. I mean it's crazy, John, You have any comments on that real quick? I mean, it's it's absolutely nuts. Have you ever donated to something then you get blown up for the rest of your life? It just never stops.
Speaker 4: I yeah, I accidentally did one time and same thing. Yeah, but I got on a really cool mailing list. I get to see what the other side is doing all the time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, three three seven one three two five pm. What's going on with this townhouse?
Speaker 18: Why?
Speaker 11: Yes? Well, first of all, it is a townhouse, so I share some of my roof with the neighbor. Got it, and we had a new roof put on in twenty eighteen, and I noticed recently some shingles had raised the nails for hanging. So I called the original installer and had him come out and look, and he says, oh, it's not the installation, it's the shingles have failed. So he contacted the company, the shingle company, and they said yes and gave us each a settlement letter. So I asked the neighbor to wait, not accept the settlement until I talked to the roofer, the original installer, and see if we could get more, because I thought we should have a free roof, not have to pay for a roof.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, wait, I'm curious now, so how much was the settlement? Just give me a dollar amount.
Speaker 11: My settlement. Hers was a little bit larger roof, and I'm smaller. Mine was eleven thousand some dollars.
Speaker 1: So that eleven thousand if you get the roof done, now, how much would it be?
Speaker 11: Well? Originally they originally it started out at eighteen thousand something.
Speaker 1: So what's it at now? How much are they willing to do it.
Speaker 11: For well, it's a long story, but the original roofer said he would do it for just under three out of pocket for me. But we're not using the original roofer.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on, wet, I got a few things I want to dig into. Let me do this break, Liz. I promise I'll bring you back up next. We'll get one of our experts on if we need to, but we'll get to the bottom of it. Pam or I'm sorry that was Pam. Liz. You hold tight now, we're going to take a quick break. We're going to come back, and we've got a lot cook and hold tight right here. The Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pass until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five you've been ripped off. Taking advantage of this show.
Speaker 15: Is for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got that by order on that car and this lady, I'm telling you straight up, Medved definitely charged her for gap insurance. I'm gonna bring her back up, Pam, I promise. I'm trying to get a roofing expert to come on. But hold on, you're gonna be up after Liz. So, Liz, this is nuts. They definitely charge you for the gap insurance. It's like eight hundred and fifty bucks. It looks like you financed the majority of the deal. And then you're saying four or five months later, someone canceled the gap insurance and that someone was Medved. Correct.
Speaker 11: I don't know who canceled it.
Speaker 1: We should have canceled it, I guess.
Speaker 10: Just I don't know.
Speaker 18: But when I called to make the gap claim with the jam M people, they said, no, that was canceled back in July of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Which is terrified. Months afterwards, did you ask them are? Yeah? Did you ask who canceled?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 18: I didn't. I was able to speak with anyone, And then when I tried to talk to people, it's just I'm just getting a total total run around. I can't get through to people. They just send me to other email addresses and other accounts.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: It has been very frustrating.
Speaker 18: And additionally, I had this backup plan for this auto loan protection policy and I can't get that to pay out either.
Speaker 1: Well, now, wait a second, that I think is more of coverage, like something breaks that's on that same line item right.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, this is through my vehicle insurance.
Speaker 4: That might be a separate gap policy, but they're probably written in their policy to be secondary to an existing gap policy if one exists.
Speaker 1: So, my god, so that would mean she has none if the other one doesn't exist. Yeah, exactly. Can you send us a copy of that policy to look at. Here's what we're gonna do though. Here's the bottom line. Deputy Scott, or we call him Deputy Dollar, is got this. He's gonna call up Medved and start there. He's going to get more information from you. But we're gonna hold your hand to get through this because I don't know how this can happen. I just don't know if the bad guy is MEDVED or if the bad guy is the insurance company. I have no idea who the bad guy is in this, but you're saying for sure you didn't cancel it and your daughter didn't cancel it. No, No, it's crazy. And neither of you ever received the refund check either. Now, see to me, and I hate to think this, and this is just my own personal opinion, and I'm allowed to have it. To me, it sounds like the dealership and I find it hard to believe. But my gut goes to the dealership either canceled it on accident, or canceled it on purpose to get another eight hundred and fifty bucks, or they forgot to mail the check to them or something along those hands, and the coverage never got put into place. But regardless, you don't have coverage. This whole thing sucks, Deputy Scott, let's get on the horn with MEDBD, get on with someone over in the financing department, and let's figure out what the hell's going on with this. I don't know what their justification could be. And then the insurance company, they got to be able to show us a cancelation note or something, got it?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 1: Mark all right, Hank tight everybody a lot coming up.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pass se until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped off.
Speaker 6: News need so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Run as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martine help.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to help. We're here to help you. In fact, I'm going to start off this way. Over three hundred million dollars three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds services directly due to the show over forty five years in Denver, longest running radio show with the same host period end of story in the country. If you my friends have been ripped off or taken advantage of now's the time to call. We have two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget three zho three Martino. That number, of course works on and off the air. You can also always reach out by email and help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. Joining me today in studio John Fuller Fuller Law, personal injury attorney. John's actually done some other stuff when it comes to legal ees, you were you worked in the DA's office years ago, right, No criminal defense for sure.
Speaker 4: Though, Yeah, I did a little bit of criminal defense work early on in my career.
Speaker 1: That's hard gig, isn't it. It's a it's challenging, but it's fun. It's a you know, well, you know, my daughter's in law school. Yep. She was working for Who's the big Guy in Wyoming. Yeah, so she during one of her breaks last year, was up there. But she ended up doing something she pretty much had to defend, not her personally because she was in school, but was part of it, you know, someone that she thought was disgusting, I'll put it the way it was right, and that would be very hard for a lot of people to do. And I'm not talking about I understand the constitution. We all deserve the best defense we can possibly get. It's what the country is based upon. But when you have like video evidence of someone that's like molesting a child or something that's just so insane. God, I just don't know how some people can do that. Did you find that aspect hard? I'm not saying you ever had a case at deplorable, but I mean got it or you don't even go down that route as an attorney.
Speaker 4: Listen at the fact that I may represent somebody doesn't constitute an endorsement.
Speaker 1: Of what they did.
Speaker 4: Of course, you know, I don't have to say I believe and I approve of whatever conduct they did.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I do believe that the burden of proof is on the prosecution.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I do believe that corners get cut a lot. And I do believe that when the government, meaning all of the aspects of it, the prosecution to police the whole nine yards. If the government cuts corners in cheats or manufactures or does something improper, the penalty for that is they don't get to put the guy.
Speaker 1: In jail forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, that's just my own belief about it, and so I didn't have to come to grips with and reconcile my personal moral you know, ethic compass with what the guy may have done or not done to be able to still maintain a very clear vision of what my job was there to make sure that the prosecution did theirs and that's the minimum that we hold them to in this country. And if you're the guy that's accused of something you didn't.
Speaker 1: Do, that's where you need them.
Speaker 4: Then you darned sure want to know that somebody is on your side making them, you know, making sure that they're doing their job correctly.
Speaker 1: And we of course represent Joe Lazara, and he's a criminal defense attorney here, he's on the show all the time. One thing I've I've definitely learned from him is even the people that are guilty, even something like a dui, you know, anything a domestic violence, it's amazing if you have an attorney, what the punishment could be compared to if you don't. I mean, if anything, if you are guilty, you might need an attorney even more, not necessarily to fight it to where you didn't do it, but to get the best deal out there.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I have been on cases where I go into you know, a small little municipal court on something that didn't even rise to the level of you know, a county court DA even thinking that you might spend a day in jail and have the offer in this little municipal court be you know, ninety days or one hundred and eighty days in jail something. And you're like, they wouldn't even bring these charges at the county court level or the district court level. And yet you, in your infinite wisdom, are proposing that this guy go to jail for six months for something so minor that they wouldn't even charge. So are their inequities in the system.
Speaker 1: Absolutely damn.
Speaker 4: You're better have an attorney on your side to at least be able to balance the scales and know the score and know that that's a ridiculous offer and that that is never gonna fly.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, Liz, By the way, Kelly, tell Liz Liz called Last Hour medved apparently canceled or gap insurance. That's my opinion on this. If they didn't the insurance company never got paid and canceled it, or the insurance company did, or I guess it's even possible Liz or daughter did, But you would think they would know that if they did it.
Speaker 4: That GAP company probably issues a binder. They probably issue the policy. Never got paid by meditation of getting paid like you know, monthly for all the GAP policies that they issue or something and something fell through the crack. Okay, well, and they didn't get paid on Let me.
Speaker 1: Ask you this, John, let me ask you this. So with Liz real quick, and all we can do is go off of her conversation so far. She calls up, we have the paperwork. She definitely bought Gap insurance, there's no doubt about it. Yep. Four or five months later it got canceled. She found that out recently because they went to use the coverage and the insurance company said it was canceled four or five months after. I agree they probably had some kind of binding on it with the dealership and they were covered for a certain amount of time writing on the check. That makes more sense than anything at this point to me. But that's just an opinion. So let's say we find out that's correct. The insurance company says we never got paid and medved. Can I show a check ever sent to the insurance company or some form of audit proving they paid. Okay, where would you go from there? So she I think theft? What civil theft? So but you would hire an attorney? Well, I think you'd have to. I happen to know one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think it's like a civil theft that eight hundred bucks if they charged her either, they didn't send it to the gap company, but they darnshire didn't send it to Liz.
Speaker 1: They kept it.
Speaker 4: So they kept it so they deprived her of her own money. They misrepresented that deal to the lender who loaned money on that that money is in their coppers, and that bank got defrauded. You know, I mean, that's just wrong on every level everything. And if this lady is now looking at a gap that she thought was covered, I hope, I mean, I hope her lenders coverage makes her a whole. But if not, absolutely medved should be on the hook for that. And if it's a civil theft, if it meets the elements, I don't know that it does, but it's darn close.
Speaker 1: I think she gets into triple damages for that. You know what sucks about it is you do hire an attorney. I mean, really, if Medved doesn't want to prove that they paid or didn't pay, if they just shut up and do nothing to them, well I know that. But you're going to have You're going to have a nice little chunk of money you owe that attorney no matter what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you may be able to get a guy, you know, with with facts like Liz has that you know, seem like pretty darn good evidence, you might be able to get somebody to take it on a contingency if you end up being entitled to triple damages.
Speaker 1: Of course, and maybe the attorney's fixed.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what the gap is that they're trying to make up.
Speaker 1: Hey, Liz, how much are we talking? What is that coverage?
Speaker 4: What is the total value of the vehicle now versus what's owed on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like is it twenty five percent of fifty thousand? I mean, what are we talking here? I think she's got us on hold. I'm going to put her back on holding anyhow. So Deputy Scott, you've got all the info, right? Did she send you over the second policy at Liz?
Speaker 6: That is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, So we're waiting on that. We can go ahead, Kelly, just make sure we have her info. Deputy Dollar is going to be reaching out to her Pam with this roof. I'm trying to get Jay Brents on, but I want you to continue the story. You have a townhouse, you had a new roof put on in twenty eighteen. Some of the shingles were coming up. You called the original installer of the roof and they came out and said, no, there's a problem with the materials. So the company, by the way, is it Corning who what materials are they? Who actually issued the checks? So Malarkey says, okay, your share or you're part of the roof, because it's a duplex, is going to be eleven thousand dollars. So they wanted They handed you a check basically for eleven thousand, and then they handed your neighbor who owns the other side of the duplex a check for a little more because roofs bigger, right, correct, And that's kind of where we left off. Then I was trying to figure out, okay, well how much is it going to cost to redo the roof? And you said it first it was eighteen thousand, but then you changed it. So where are we at Now, if you do cash that check for eleven thousand, can you get the entire roof replace for that?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: So the other person on the other side of the duplex actually immediately assigned her settlement letter. I asked her not to until I checked into pay. Why do you use anyway?
Speaker 1: Why do you keep assuming that has anything to do with you? Though?
Speaker 11: Well, because I didn't want to use the roofer that she wanted to use. I wanted to use the original roofer, okay, but she signed she signed a settlement letter and a contract with a different roofer. So then because we're combined, I had to use her roofer then forced to Yeah.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying, or maybe not forced you, but it made more sense than anything else.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And so the original roofer contacted recontacted shingle company and tried to get more money because normally a roof is free when the shingles fell. But well, warranty, the warranty though right, a warranty on the install was only five years. We were just over the five years and the shingles for fifty years. So he reduced his price for me, thinking that I could I would maybe be able to use him because I had I didn't know she had already signed the contract.
Speaker 1: And so where do we stand with the whole thing right now? Well, the roof was put on this past Monday, okay, so how much it will keep going?
Speaker 11: Well? When they when they delivered the materials, my driveway had a couple of cracks in it, but now it's got cracks everywhere. And I didn't take pictures ahead of time.
Speaker 19: Of the driver.
Speaker 11: Who would I didn't think of it as a woman by myself. But I sent the pictures to the roofer and she said it wasn't their problem, it was the delivery person's problem. They said that they took pictures. They said that they took pictures before they went into the driveway and that it was already cracked and there are no new cracks.
Speaker 1: Did they show you those pictures?
Speaker 11: They look like the pictures that I sent the roofer to take the truth?
Speaker 1: No, okay, can you send us those pictures? I'd love to see them.
Speaker 11: Yes, do you want mine and theirs?
Speaker 1: I want whatever they sent you where they're claiming it's the same, Okay, and send me yours too. When are you going to send them? Can you send them over this.
Speaker 11: Break, twenty some pictures in each I have a very long driveway and there's twenty some pictures in each group.
Speaker 1: Well send me the ones that they're hanging there hat on. Okay, does that work?
Speaker 11: In the meantime, the roof has been put on, but I don't feel a little comfortable with it because I see.
Speaker 1: That it's it's too late to even deal with that list. I mean, they put their pam, they put the roof on. It's done, it's over. I mean, unless there's a problem with it, You're not going to do anything there. Nothing's going to happen there.
Speaker 11: Okay, Because I was going to try to have a roof for come and inspect it and tell me if that if everything looks okay, well.
Speaker 1: I mean that's having someone inspected. Why do you think there is an issue with it? Why?
Speaker 11: Because on all the siding they put clear silicon in through the cracks on the siding and joints on the siding, which they never asked me if that was something they could do. There's pieces of flashing stuck in different places. There's pieces that are raised up that look like why did they do that? They're bent and raised up. I mean, I just don't know where you looking inside. I'm in Lewisville, Lord Bolder County.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, all right.
Speaker 11: Inside, Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: Hold on, get me those pictures I'm putting you on hold. Try to send them over this break. I want to look at them over the break. Send them now.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we've got quite a bit cook and can we try to get hold on here? I'm sorry I lost a little track here because think of this, folks, this is nuts. This is so crazy. On this Google computer chip. Think of what I'm going to say. This new Google computer chip can solve a problem in five minutes. Five minutes that a super computer right now. I guess I assume the supercomputers are running all the normal AI now whatever a supercomputer is now in ten I gotta find the word again. I've never heard of it septillion. I have never septillion years in a septillion years, longer than Earth's spent around by ten with twenty five zeros after it. So this new chip by Google, and we're not talking something they're working on. It is a new chip by Google in five minutes can solve a problem that today's supercomputers would take ten siptillion years. That is like, I can't even wrap my head around it. You know what it reminds me of. You think of never ending. That's so hard to think of infinity. You think of just never ending, like the universe, you know, not even a galaxy like it just never ending, no start, no stop, just forever, ten sip tillion years. How the hell can they have a chip that is that much faster? I mean, did they like they must have found it somewhere, now, let's be honest. Did they find it like in the desert, buried under some ice or something. I mean, how all of a sudden do you go ten cittillion years quicker.
Speaker 15: They took it out of a UFO.
Speaker 1: They had to. I mean, where'd the hell this thing come from? I'm looking at John like he should have the answer. I mean, this kind of thing would replace.
Speaker 6: All of us.
Speaker 1: There is nothing a computer that fast couldn't do. It could emulate all of us all at once, and we wouldn't even exist. Think about that. What's that game? The Sims? Basically, maybe that's all we're living in now is the Sims, and we don't even there, doesn't even need to be humans anymore. I mean, maybe we're here just for an amusement. Ten siptillion years.
Speaker 4: You've got to lay off that stuff, Mark.
Speaker 1: Ten sip tillion years lagot.
Speaker 4: To lay off either smoke more or less one of the two, because wherever you're at right now is not working for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's absolutely insane. Hey, Jay, Brad's excel roofing. I want to ask something, man, how are you doing? By the way, Jay, great Mark?
Speaker 6: How about you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good? Are you out traveling the world this time of year? I know you and your wife travel a lot.
Speaker 14: You're knock going to beleeve this. I am sitting at my desk at the office.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, my goodness, Jay, I'm proud of you. Man, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 14: But I was coming back from lunch and I was listening to the radio guy aways tune into six thirty cage right have you?
Speaker 1: Did you hear PAMs issue?
Speaker 14: I heard Pam's issue. Yeah, And that's a bummer right there. I want to tell you and everybody out there listening. Broken driveways happen. It's just a fact of life in the roofing business. We're putting really heavy trucks on driveways.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's not you, though, is it.
Speaker 14: Hell, yes, I take responsibility.
Speaker 1: Now, wait a minute, when you order, but you don't have a warehouse where you in a truck that deliver shingles.
Speaker 14: No, but that the guy that I ordered those shingles for, that's my business partner, and I believe that we're collectively responsible. When we crack a driveway, I get together with my supplier and we figure out how we're going to take care of the customer.
Speaker 1: And Okay, so in this case they're denying.
Speaker 11: It's not let me let me say this, that's.
Speaker 14: Not every time because all of a sudden, I mean if we go out there and there's a driveway that has had the dirt washed out underneath it. Yeah, and it and it cracks because it was not sufficiently supported. I'm not going to pay for that one.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, we're for driveways.
Speaker 1: For a better example, though, I'm not going to pay for it. How about in this example, let's say her driveway already had a bunch of cracks, so the integrity was already beat up. Then all of a sudden, this truck that's heavy rolls on it and it gets worse. What would you do then?
Speaker 14: I would At that point, I'm going to tell the customer you had an old, cracked driveway exactly and it needed to be It needed to be replaced. I cannot be held responsible for additional damages at that But if they've got a new driveway you.
Speaker 1: Delivered, that's a good point.
Speaker 14: We're going to take a look. Okay, So but this is what certain suppliers will do. They will make the homeowners sign a waiver saying we're going to put a heavy truck on your driveway and we're not responsible if we crack your driveway. I do not let my suppliers do that.
Speaker 1: When would you warn them? Though, to Dragon's question that when would you actually warn them? Like if you guys show up to do the install. I mean like when you guys did our house, you've done our roofs. So when you guys did ours, those shingles showed up. I don't think you guys were even there. The manufacturer showed up and dropped them off. I think they actually put them on the roof. If I recall, then you guys showed up a day or two later and knocked it all out. So when would someone actually warn you if there were cracks, Hey, you better watch it. This could get a lot worse. Would that be the driver's responsibility?
Speaker 14: We do not specifically warn people about that, Mark, Okay. What we do do is when we're talking to a customer we show them a picture of that truck on a driveway and say we're going to put this big truck on the driveway. And every now and then somebody will say, hey, I have a brand new driveway. You can't get that time I.
Speaker 1: Want to ask her something. Hold on a second, Hey, did you send those pictures up over Pam?
Speaker 6: I did get that.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure what you got.
Speaker 1: I I haven't got anything yet. Hold on, I'm gonna put you on hold. I want you to stay right there, Jay, can you do me a favor. I'm gonna have Kelly forwards you those pictures. I gotta take this break. When I come back. Tell me what you think of these pictures? The before and after according to this company? Is that cool?
Speaker 6: Sounds good?
Speaker 1: I'll hang on hold I love it. Hank tight, everybody, Hang tight three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Dean's got a question on unpaid wages in Colorado. It's it's kind of crazy how easy it is to get paid if you're owed money. Hang tight.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 1: Right three O three seven one three eighty two five five three zero three Martino, We've got a ton kick. And do you know if jay Brett's got those pictures of the driveway Kelly.
Speaker 16: Initially the attatrises come through. She just resent them and I'm sending them right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're gonna go back to that. Jay Brett's our expert needs to look at them. The woman said, the roofing company came out delivered the shingles or driveway is just all cracked and messed up, and we wanted to get an expert opinion. So we're gonna do that. We still got the medved thing going on, and then we have what were you working on, Dmitri.
Speaker 15: I'm still waiting to hear back from Walmart where that elderly lady was skimmed.
Speaker 1: She got screwed from the gypsies five hundred and seventy bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and the second thing, and this is ready for the update. I so Curtis from Performance Concrete, Yeah, Prady to give us performance.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's get him on as soon as we get a line open, Let's get Curtis on. And what happened with this is the guy said he got his patio done, some other stuff around his house, and he said, it's absolutely horrible. They sent pictures. I didn't get a chance to look at the pictures. You sent him to our expert. We're going to pick his brain. Thank god for referral list dot com good people.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's ready whenever Kelly wants to has time to call him.
Speaker 1: So soon as we get a line there, Kelly, let's jump to that. Jay Bretz is going to be looking at that, and then let's talk to Dean real quick. It sounds like Dean's employer is not paying him. What's going on with you, Dean.
Speaker 6: I got I'm a professional, and I'm certainly in the exem class, but I feel like I'm being ripped off.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dean, you got to start that over man. You dropped off.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hi, I'm a cop professional, so I'm certainly in the you know, I pay an executive class exam employee. But I still feel like I've been ripped off by hours because I was promised a bonus if we, you know, do a lot of hard work, get good numbers, get the company sellble and once the company sells, they would make up for the shortcomings of my of my pay in that sale.
Speaker 1: Hey, dean, basic basic questions. Were you paid bi weekly, monthly sourly sal salary? How were you paid bi weekly salary? And how much was that.
Speaker 6: Promise me that I would take a lower salary and get paid later.
Speaker 1: How much was that lower salary? Dean?
Speaker 6: It was on like two hundred and twenty five thousand at the time.
Speaker 1: So what do is say? Okay, so the total year, of course two hundred and twenty five thousand, right, yep. And then they promised you, in lieu of paying you what three hundred thousand, that they would bonish you at the end.
Speaker 6: We typically in my role, especially in the current market, you would get paid around two hundred and sixty thousand bays with one hundred thousand dollars bonuses.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're talking, you think you're off. Did they actually, by the way, did they end up selling the company?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: They did? And then I assume none of this was in writing. Was any of this in writing?
Speaker 6: Absolutely all of them writing.
Speaker 1: Oh so you haven't writing if they sell the company that you get the bonus. Yeah, I'd love to see that because if that's the case, I can't imagine you wouldn't get the bonus. John, can you imagine why he wouldn't get the bonus if he had that in writing. Yeah, should be a simple contract, man, I mean, it should be very straightforward. Dean.
Speaker 15: Did you ask anybody but the whereabouts of your bonus?
Speaker 6: They're they're trying to bolt on stipulations that weren't part of it. Right. So it appears to me now that the previous CEO was up to some of the various bad stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so but you, Dean, you still have a contractual agreement with them. It either says you'll get the bonus under the circumstances where the company exited or sold, or you won't. I mean it's really not that hard. I mean you either should get it or not if it's in writing. So, if we look at the language in the contract, to the best of your ability, did you meet everything you were supposed to meet and did they get what they were supposed to get to sell or hit certain numbers? Should you have gotten the bonus or is there some loophole in there. Whether you think it's a loophole or not, I don't really care. While they're saying you're not going to get it.
Speaker 6: Well, they're claiming that. Now, they're trying to say that there was an Estra account and there's being task claims against it, there was a previous loans against the company, a bunch of details that weren't anything that I signed. Another time they came back and say, well, because these things happen, we can't tell you.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you know in general, that just.
Speaker 6: Doesn't feel right to me at all, no matter how much I make.
Speaker 1: Well, there's two things you can do here, man, I understand. The first thing is, believe it or not, I to the labor board. You weren't. You were not an independent contractor.
Speaker 6: Right, No, I was an employee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go to the labor board first. With that contract. That's not going to cost you anything, period, end of story. You're going to show up down there, make an appointment, and you're going to say I was supposed to get this, and here's why I was supposed to get this. Here's their handbook, here's our employment contract, whatever it is, this is what I was supposed to get. I didn't and open the case. That is the very first thing I would do. Now if they see reason the.
Speaker 6: Previous CEO say it again. Do they have an out when they can blame the previous.
Speaker 1: Jean, Is it the same company you worked for?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what Okay, the company promises.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is if the CEO made you a promise in writing and everybody agreed to it and a new CEO comes in, yes, they still owe you the money.
Speaker 4: Did they say all the company or just get a new CEO?
Speaker 6: They sold the company?
Speaker 1: That's just asked that.
Speaker 4: So there may be some success reliability issues they're trying to play here, and he may not be able to still maintain an action.
Speaker 1: That's true. But it's a new entity. Well that's what I was going to say. I mean, are we talking to C corp or stock sold and it's still it's still Microsoft, for example, or are we talking someone just bought the assets.
Speaker 6: I don't know the details of the same.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a big thing. But even so, John, even so, that doesn't mean the old CEO or the old company might not it's going to be tougher.
Speaker 4: To get But let's be clear, the old CEO was acting in theory as an agent of the corporation, not in an individual capacity. You couldn't go through the CEO himself for your wages, because he's merely hopefully acting on behalf of the corporation. But that corporation today may just be a shell of its former self, and there may be no success liability for those unpaid wages.
Speaker 1: Or there could be assets still sitting, or.
Speaker 4: There could be assets still there, or any number of different variables in there. You you need to go. I mean, I still think the labor board is a good way to go. Go and find out. Let them do the research and figure out what the status of this corporation is. Maybe they just bought it lockstock and barrel and they're still going to be on the hook for your you know, for your contract live.
Speaker 1: How BIG's the company, Dean? I mean, is it massive? Medium? What do you think they do in a year?
Speaker 6: We're like a company of two hundred people. Yeah, we're a company of like forty people, and when when they buy us, it's very small.
Speaker 1: You know what I would do once again, Dean, I swear to God, I'd go down to the labor board first. I would bring the contract. I'd open that dispute against them. Like John said, they're gonna end up doing some research, figure out what's going on, and then they're going to get back to you. At that point, if you still want to pursue it, I would call a laboring wage attorney and discuss it with them, either a free consultation or even pay a couple hours to go down and talk to them and really dig in to if you have a case or not. But I think the labor Board's gonna answer some of the questions. They might come back and say that corporation is no longer. They're just simply not there anymore. We have no one to go after meeting the labor board, does it? Got it?
Speaker 6: But what the labor board of their hometown like, So that the company is now based in Miami, they were basing.
Speaker 1: The wherever you worked. I would go to the labor board to start here in Denver. I would not fly off to Miami right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't know that that new company has any liability for the obligations of the previous company. So the place to start is the jurisdiction where the previous company, you know, existed under the laws that dictated how they handle their employees and everything else. So that's going to be Colorado. And then you know, maybe there's still something here to go after.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I gotta break one percent hold type man. If you have another question, I'll come back to you. Dean let Kelly.
Speaker 7: No go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Rift News.
Speaker 6: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Carn anxious as we can shoot us. He's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 1: Welcome, my friends, Welcome to the only show if it's kind and We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints to the tune of over three hundred million dollars three hundred million cash merchandise exchanges refunds, all directly due to this show. Here's the clue. If you've been ripped off, you call us. If someone took money and ran, you call us. If they didn't finish the job, you call us. You got a landlord that's putting the screws to you, you call us. You got an employer that's not paying you what was promised, you call us. We dig in. We try to help in studio with me, attorney of law John Fuller, John Love. When you come in, you're gonna actually be riding solo on this show the second and third. Right, that's it. I'm looking forward to coming back and listening. Tom and I will both be out of town now, Dimitri, you going to come in with John? I think you should.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I have tons of legal questions for it.
Speaker 1: Let's pack, let's pack the house for it.
Speaker 15: Like free time with a lawyer.
Speaker 1: That is true. You know what I would bring yours? You know, I'll bring to different cases you filed, and I'll just knock it out while you're here, right all right? And then Scott you coming in. I love it. We'll try to get deputy doc in here as well, and you guys can go at it. Looking forward to it. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. Tom and I are trying to build a strong bench to where we can do some other stuff occasionally, and I think John's a good piece to that puzzle. I'll let you know, folks when a line's open. I want to finish up with Pam because we have Jay brettz on. So Pam called up and said, here's the bottom line. I only had a few cracks on my driveway before the shingles were delivered. This huge truck delivers the shingles, and now I've got cracks all over my driveway. She sent pictures of the before and after. I had our expert at Excel roof In fact, Jay and his son they're my roofers. I mean really, we've used them multiple times. They're just absolutely great guys. In fact, one of the largest in the state of Colorado. But Jay, you had a chance to look at the pictures, I assume.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 14: Mark, did you take a look at them?
Speaker 1: I did not. I did not. I dragon was very late coming out of that last break, so therefore I was in a rush. But let's just leave it at that. So what did you find out?
Speaker 14: So I can tell those pictures were taken by the supply house. And the reason why is just because the first picture that the supply house always takes is a picture of the address, and then there's lots of pictures of the driveway, and then there was pictures of materials stalked on the roof.
Speaker 6: It could have only been.
Speaker 14: Taken by the supply house. And I didn't count how many different cracks. I saw that there was quite a few.
Speaker 11: And I would say, in my opinion that.
Speaker 14: It looks like there was a lot of pre existing cracks.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of what we talked about more the integrity of the driveway, because there was cracks already there. It would be a hard argument for her to make that they screwed up the driveway because it was already screwed up.
Speaker 14: There was already multiple cracks on that driveway for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, Pam, I don't think we're going to be able to do much, but I do want to ask you this. Did you call up not necessarily the roofer, but the supply house or whoever delivered the shingles, and did you complain? And I'm sure you did because you sent us those pictures, So I'm just being redundant in my questioning to you. Did they just outright say nothing.
Speaker 11: I do not know who the supplier was. I went through the roofer and there were a total of three cracks in a driveway, two up at the top that were like curved ones. Yeah, that supposedly are normal because we've had the driveway looked at before. Sure, and then there was one sort of in the middle, but a whole bottom, now is I mean? And then I course the old cracks got cracked more, but there's a lot of new ones.
Speaker 1: Jay, you saw you saw the pictures. I am not privy to them. But in other words, is it safe to say there was five cracks, now there's fifty.
Speaker 11: I would say there were three, and now there's I don't know how many. Okay, I'd have to come so many.
Speaker 14: Pam and Mark. The other thing that the other point that should be made is you can tell a new crack within let's call it the first seven days got it because the crack does not have any dirt in it, and it is an obvious fresh crack. And I didn't if you had proof of that, Pam, that that would be something else to talk about with them. But from what I saw those pictures on the driveway. There was just multiple cracks, and I would say, it's going to be a hard deal. Well, let me put it like this, Jay responsible, What.
Speaker 1: Would you guys do. Let's say let's say you were the and this came up in this exact circumstance, what would you do?
Speaker 14: I would have gone out there immediately, and I would have identified any new cracks that it happened. I would calculate the square footage of the pads, in my opinion, would vary if the pad already had a crack on it. When I say a pad, I'm talking to ten by ten sections. If the section already had cracks, I would say, no, I'm not responsible. But if it was a pad that did not have any cracks and it was obvious that we had cracked it, I would offer the customer. I think twelve dollars a square foot is with.
Speaker 1: Like what said, Pam, You're going to have to do a little research on those pictures and literally figure out is there any squares that had no cracks? And now they do? Do you understand what we're saying inside each expansion? Joyt Yep.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 11: The thing is that those pictures are all after pictures before picture they don't. I don't think they have before pictures.
Speaker 14: I believe that those were before pictures. And the reason I say that is because I know the format that supply houses, the sequence that they take the pictures. The first thing they do is take a picture of the address of the house.
Speaker 1: Jay, do you know who that supplier is?
Speaker 15: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many? Just put your skirt up real quick, tell me how many like suppliers are there in town.
Speaker 14: JAYT Let's call it eight to ten different supplies.
Speaker 1: Okay, I said, there's quite a few. That's all I want to know. That's cool, so listen.
Speaker 14: Hold on all. Oftentimes the rioffer will have a clause in their contract that says they're not responsible for any driveway cracks.
Speaker 11: Okay. And I don't know how that's.
Speaker 14: Pam would need to research the contract that she signed to even see if she has a leg to stand on in the first place. And another thing that I just want to bring up, and I think there's a good information for you, Mark, most suppliers make the homeowner sign a waiver before they even pulled the truck on.
Speaker 6: You said that we're not responsible.
Speaker 11: And I did. I did not Okay, that is just and I want to.
Speaker 14: Give your heads up to everybody listening. Excel does not make people sign.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, that brings something up again, John Fuller Attorney, put your legal cap on for a second. If they did not get her to sign anything saying we might damage the driveway, we already know just because of the pictures that there was some pre existing damage, some cracks, but now there's many more cracks. Do you think she has any kind of a remedy here when it comes to monetary Do you think she's going to get paid or no? Wayose? No, I really don't. I don't think so either, Pam. I mean, really, that's what we can do for you, which is virtually nothing. I mean I would just give up on it now. I've way already lost some of its integrity. And we've had an expert on that's one of the largest roofers in Colorado, Jay Bretz, and he's saying no, no, no, no, And I'm sure that's not what you want to hear. But we tend to give people the facts, so that's kind of the deal. Hey, Jay Brett's by the way, man, anybody out there needs a roof or you call Jay. These guys are absolutely unbelievable. They put a hailproof roof on my house. I was able to save money on my homeowners by well. First of all because of the kind of roof, I saved some money. But where I save most of the money, I up my deductible because I know nothing's going to happen to my roof. It's a synthetic like plastic, but it looks like slate. It's absolutely beautiful. You did all the gutters out there too, And I have these guys out twice a year to do the cleaning. I hope you do the same thing next year. But here's what they do. It's one hundred and ninety nine for a one story, two ninety nine for a two story, et cetera. But people call the show all the time, going should I get a gutter helmet or any of this? If you really start thinking about it, if you got good gutters, a gutter helmet system on a big roof could be ten grand. You can get those things professionally cleaned all the time for the rest of your life by Excel roofing and never have a problem. Jay, you want to throw anything in there, I'd like giving you some free advertisement because you've done so right by Suzanne and myself.
Speaker 14: No, I appreciate everything that you're saying. That roof is pretty damn hail proof.
Speaker 6: If Hale destroys that.
Speaker 11: Roof, armageddon has happened.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so there's I mean, we're talking like literally softball size hail coming down.
Speaker 1: Oh, there'd be holes in cars.
Speaker 14: Exactly. So in terms of the gutter cleaning thing, our prices have gone up, except for Martino listeners. If there's a Martino listener out there and they say, hey, I want my gutters clean for the one ninety nine special, I'm going to honor that.
Speaker 1: Forever they send out. It's not it's not like one dude comes out.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: They send out a crew. When they're done, they take hoses to every downspout, Everything is cleaned inside out. You're never gonna go wrong with Excel Roofing. Check them out at Excel roofing dot com. If you do want that gutter cleaning, make sure you mention that to them. And this kind of is a time of year to get it booked. Once hail comes and stuff, let me tell you everything's focused on new roofs. So give them a call three oh three seven sixty one sixty four hundred, three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred Jabretts excel roofing dot com. Gilbert has a question on reimbursement. Dave's got a question on a license plate. And we can free up Pam, and we can free up Jay Brett's Kelly. And that means two lines open three oh three Martino.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. By the way, that numbers at three oh three Martino. It works on and off to here. You can contact us anytime if we can't get right to the phone to try to help you. Leave a message. I promise we'll get back to here really quick. Kelly checks all those numbers every morning. So if you got friends, you got family members, I don't even care if they're in state or at a state. We love helping people. Our reach is vast. In fact, we've got more downloads than most shows on iHeart across the nation. Across the nation. That doesn't include YouTube, Facebook, over the air. It includes other affiliates like in Colorado Springs KRDO. It doesn't include that just the podcast is amazing. Now, Gilbert has a question on reimbursement. What do you mean by that? A question on reimbursement, Gilbert?
Speaker 6: Hi, Mirk, Hey, Matt, So I have a Oh.
Speaker 1: You're good, go ahead, Gilbert.
Speaker 19: Oh, I'm sorry. I have a storage unit that requires me to keep Renter's insurance on my unit.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 19: First sure the letter come out, the for sure that they come out. I have the insurance on there. But for whatever reason, I either didn't get the notice or I didn't renew or give him the proof that I had insurance on there. Sure, And I was just wondering if it doesn't say anything in their leafs about me getting reimbursed for any of the money that I've given them extra money. It's all it says. And their contract is that if I don't apply them with the notification that I have insurance, that they're going to add their insurance and I have to pay for it.
Speaker 1: You know what I wanted to know is yeah, go ahead. You want to know, go ahead.
Speaker 19: If I am able to give you in burse from them or not.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, I've got some basic questions Forget about the first year. Let's go into the second year where you did not renew coverage. Is that correct?
Speaker 19: No, I didn't need to because my insurance automatic picks up.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, hold on, Gilbert, So you're saying you had double coverage.
Speaker 19: Basically, yes, I would double coverage.
Speaker 1: So okay, this is very curious, John, I've never shared this with you. This is crazy. And he has the exact same problem I ran into. So add a line up in law school and why she's in one of these apartments where there's like three people. Each person has their own room, bathroom, closet, their own living area. Then they have a common kitchen and you have to carry insurance and if you don't they put forced insurance on it. So happens. Same thing happened to me, but two years later. I usually just pay her rent for the entire year so I don't have to deal with it. So I make a lump some payment each year. Three years in law school, I go to make the last payment, like whatever it was six months ago, and I'm finally looking and I'm going, now, wait a minute, this isn't what it's supposed to be. They'd been charging me for insurance for the second year and just about to start charging me for the third year, even though I not only had coverage the old time, I had proof of coverage from Compass Insurance. I sent it to him and they said, well, you were supposed to upload it to the portal. My argument with them is that's crazy because whatever you attached onto mind had zero value to me, and I'm assuming it wasn't even a product that you guys were buying from someone else. I think you were just charging me x amount, So I want to see the policy info you're claiming. They didn't produce it, and they ended up literally reimbursing me for the time paid. But what are your thoughts on Gilbert's situation. I mean, if he didn't prove it, but yet he still had coverage and they charged him for that coverage. Well, let's pretend it's a car that you have financed and you don't prove to the bank or credit union that you have full coverage on the car or you know, collision coverage. So then what and they put forced insurance on it? Or a house that they put forced insurance because a mortgage company, isn't it unjustin Richmond?
Speaker 4: It may be, but it's at its heart a contract action, you know. I mean, there are the there are conditions that have to be met before they can put that insurance on there. Okay, if they're met, regardless of what really happened or quote unquote what you know, that that's all that really matters when you interpret a contract. If you didn't have the insurance and you didn't provide them proof or you know, perhaps in some mistake.
Speaker 1: That's a big difference though. But if you did have the insurance and for whatever assume they would get the proof or had the proof, and then they end up charging you for insurance while you're covered.
Speaker 4: I would think they should have to give you some kind of notice of their intent to add that.
Speaker 1: I know this. If you have two automotive policies, one of them's got to pay you back. Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I have had accidents where we cashed out two policies that overlapped each other. Oh my god, and we we got limits out of both of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yep, Oh my god. I did not know that.
Speaker 4: So we had we had a kid that moved to town from like Philly or somewhere else, right, and knew that he had to get new insurance what he got here, and he did, but he didn't cancel his old intang it would run out. And we discovered that's another thing, like what we do. We discovered that there was another policy and effect.
Speaker 1: Did the other Did the other policy ever? Find out there was two policies? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: They fought over who went first, but in the end we got all of both.
Speaker 1: So Gilbert, Gilbert, when you talk to this place and say, hey, here's my proof of coverage, what do they say you were supposed to upload it, you didn't give it to us? What do they say?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 19: So what happened was is the first year they got it the second year. So you either sent the letter saying that I needed to show them proof, and I didn't either get it to them or I forgot to give it to him. It was still covered under my current.
Speaker 1: I get you, but since then when I it was covered the whole time, you never lapsed in coverage, but they charged you for a year of their own coverage.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, what do you guys think, Tomitri, you're pretty good at Uh.
Speaker 19: There's nothing. There's nothing specifying that they don't have to pay me. The only thing that's specifying in the contract is that if I don't show them proof that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's exactly what happened. Your only argument would be I did show you proof, but you don't have proof. You showed them proof.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if your excuse and defense is I forgot to give it to you, I don't think that's a very strong position.
Speaker 1: What was your excuse when you talked to him? Did you already tell them something?
Speaker 6: So yeah, they're just.
Speaker 19: Humming and on. They're saying, well, here's my boss. Gave me a copy of the contract and I said, I read that already and there's nothing in it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is the part that I This is the part I don't know the answer to. But it drives me crazy if someone says, like a credit union, we're going to put forced insurance because you're not giving us proof of insurance on that automobile that we collaborize. Here's what I can't stand. What amps? If they don't what ams? They just charge you for it and it's just an internal thing they wrap up. There is no actual coverage. That's where I go. It's not fair. So but we'll never know that because what does that insurance cover anyhow? Just your liability? I mean, what does this insurance cover?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it doesn't cover that at all. It doesn't insure this guy to go out and drive safely and legally on the streets of whatever.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 4: Talking to storage unit, it protects their interests only No, I know that.
Speaker 1: In the case of a car, it protects nothing but to collateral. But in the case of the storage unit, what the hell did the insurance even cover fireflood? I don't know.
Speaker 19: Insurance just covers their their their property, so it does.
Speaker 1: It's his liability on his little chunk. Basically, like if you accidentally drove through the door or something, Yeah, they're going to charge you for anyway. What you're gonna see it sucks. Yeah, one of you guys want to take a stab at it. I mean, you know, really, I don't want to put stuff on you. You guys don't even want to do so. Honestly, I'll be happy to look in. You want to take a call on it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, absolutely, I'll need you to speak with a caller first, because I have to confess to missing most of his call because I was on the phone with Walmart.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait to hear that update. In fact, hold on, hold on, man hold everything. Gilbert Dmitri's gonna talk to you during break we come back. The Walmart thing was crazy. Lady walks in and basically a woman walks up to her in Walmart and says, I don't have any money. My kids are hungry. I've got three cans of formula. Can you help me? The lady's nice enough, she agrees to pay for the formula while they're still walking around the store, heading up to the front. Every time the woman turns around or whatever, meaning the lady that got scammed, the woman that's scamming, or keeps throwing stuff into her grocery cart. An example would be Claire to medication. Maybe some gift cards, I don't know, different things equaling four hundred and five hundred and seventy dollars. So the bottom line is the old woman and she's a woman at risk possible dementia over seventy years old. The bottom line is this, she got taken by this person for five hundred and seventy dollars. And we know what happened because Walmart later on pulled the surveillance and they actually acknowledge this as a problem in Walmart stores right now or in some Walmart stores that these gypsies, and I'll use the word gypsies are literally ripping people off with this scam. So she got screwed. Dmitri got through to Walmart. We're gonna find out what happens after this.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven, seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 1: Right three on three seven one three eight two five five. I gotta go to this update. I gotta recap real quick. Bottom line is some gypsy's basically screwed this poor old lady that's possibly got dementia in Walmart. They talked her into buying some baby food or baby formula and ended up getting her for five hundred and seventy bucks. Who did you talk to at Walmart? Deputy Demetri hi Mark?
Speaker 15: Just a few minutes ago, the store manager at that particular store called me back and we had a conversation about it. I was very surprised to find out that he's never He hasn't heard of this event.
Speaker 1: He has not heard it. No, so he First of all, they said the video was pulled.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so it sounds like the security department didn't communicate this to the store manager.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 15: No, but okay, well it might be like a normal everyday occurrence of it that store.
Speaker 1: So what did he say?
Speaker 15: So he's going so I politely asked him to humbly requested him to consider issuing a gift card to the eld early lady because the scam drained her and literally her entire disability check for the month. Oh my god, Yeah, this is this has a tremendous impact. So he told me that he needs to look into this, and I believe him. Of course, I didn't expect an answer right on the spot, so he needed some details. I gave him the caller his name and cell phone number. He told me he's going to immediately call her, get the details, start researching, and then he's going to call me back once he Completeshi.
Speaker 1: I think Walmart, honestly, I think they're going to do the right thing, and I don't think they owe anything. I agree they did nothing wrong here. She got scammed inside the store. I've been in a Walmart, Dmitri where somebody was staring at gift cards and they looked dazed and confused. And I walked up and I said, can I help you find something? And I don't work there, And at the same time I walk up, and employee walked up and the guy said, well, I was told to buy five of these whatever these were, And the employee actually jumped in and said, no, no, someone's trying to trick you and went into this whole bit. So I know Walmart does get trained for stuff like that, but you know what, we're a Walmart town. What do I mean by that? Who do you think owns these them? They're Broncos out here.
Speaker 15: Oh of course. So I mean they have quite a presence.
Speaker 1: They got a hell of a presence out here. And I bet there's a market manager, a market manager, possibly a store manager JJ or somebody else. I'm just making names up here, Ellis. I'm just saying that might be able to come through with this five hundred and six dollars, I hope. So, I think Walmart's one of the best companies out there.
Speaker 15: I'll say that the gentleman I spoke with really took this matter very seriously, and he didn't tell me no right on the spot. He's going to educate himself on this issue.
Speaker 1: And you might hear back from the market manager as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, left him a message as well.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dave, what's going on with your license plates?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Mark, Yes, sir, Yes, Dave, David, Yeah, Mark.
Speaker 13: I wanted to ask this question for tonks that once on time I heard it he was on help these event people from Venezuela. Okay, I guess I'm donated a car and he wanted it for them.
Speaker 1: Dave, hold on a second, let me let me take this break. I'm up against it. Put your thoughts together. You've been holding for fifty minutes and you're not spitting anything out. But I do want to hear what your question. Your comment is.
Speaker 7: Right after this, go with a sure thing vers best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 8: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eighteen five five. I got to dive right into this, Dave. I was asking Kelly what your question was. Tell me if I got the question correct. You want to know if somebody with an out of the country license can register a car in Colorado. Is that your question? Yes, okay, The answer from everything I'm seeing is yes, you can. You absolutely can. It says you'll need some documentation besides that out of the country license, the vehicle's title, or a current out of state registration of ven verification if the vehicle was titled in another state, proof of insurance, proof of address, proper identification, which I am not sure what that comes down to, but it says yes, as long as it's proper identification, you can do. You know someone having trouble doing it.
Speaker 13: Dennis Thlot people friends of mind, you have Venezula driver license. They went down here, they have auto insurance missions and they won't not give them flights because they say you need a Colorado drive license.
Speaker 1: Well, you definitely don't need a Colorado driver's license. So I don't know why they're saying that. But whether or not they have proper id meaning they're Venezuelan license, that I can't answer the question to. But I can tell you this right now. I you know, if I lived in California, I can come register a car in Colorado with my California license And it literally says at Colorado dmv uh. Basically you can do it if you're from another country. So I don't know what else the deal is. Man, We're not talking about getting a license. We're talking about registering a car. Correct.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: They must not just know who these people are. They must not trust whatever identification they have. I mean, really, in Colorado, you could probably register an Apple if you wanted to. I mean, honest to God, they'll give a license to anybody. So, I mean, I'm not sure what to make of it. I'll tell you what. They'll leave your information with Kelly, and I'll pass it on to someone I know that's helping a family out like that, Okay, And I'm going to see if he's got any information. And as you know, that's Tom. I'm going to see if Tom ran into this issue at all, and I will have Tom email you directly. John Fuller Fuller Law loved having you in parting words. I mean, really we talk about personal injury. I want to say something. A lot of people wait too long after an accident. How many people do you think right after that jarring experience of a bad accident, you know, you get out of the hospital, you're finally back at home or out of the er, and you might think, oh, Okay, in a few days, I'm going to feel better. But how long do injuries take to show up? I mean, I know that's basically a crystal ball question, but I mean there's people that think they're going to be better in a few days and weeks later they're still in pain.
Speaker 4: I mean, like for real, Yeah, I think most people, you know, most people just have this attitude that I'm gonna be okay and it's all going to work out. And they wake up and the very first thing that they're really concerned about is the property damage. Really and truly, you need to be concerned about the damage to you. Yeah, we'll get the property to sort itself out. Yeah, that's it, folks. Listen, any questions you have, John's happy to answer them when it comes to personal injury. Three oh three, five ninety seven, forty five hundred, John Fuller, Fuller Law, Dmitri.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We're gonna have updates hopefully tomorrow on Walmart. Scott. Thank you, thank you, Dragon, thank you. See you tomorrow.