Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, since the world famous Been and Skin show, and we are coming to you live today from Dave and Busters in Dallas at the location right there at Walnut Hill in seventy five, the og Location Skin. We've been coming to this Dave and Busters for years. We were actually the Dave and Busters of Bergner. We were just the Bending Skin, but a lot of people thought we were kind of the Dave and Buster of our high school.
Speaker 2: So we go way back here.
Speaker 1: I had not been here in a few years, and I did not realize how much they had modernized this. Yeah, dude, this is sweet. It's all wide open. There's all this cool technology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and I were kind of the Buster and Buster. We definitely weren't the Dave and Dave.
Speaker 1: Joining us here in person is Christina from Oatmeal Pizza, who's a bad as snots. But I want to give the stage now to Kevin Turner because he didn't want to work today, Budd, he is here.
Speaker 2: Kevin.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts well, yeah, no, thank you for throwing it to me on this momentous day. Ben, do you think about everything that's happened leading up to today, Yeah, and what this means in terms of history?
Speaker 2: Yes, Ohio State, Notre Dame plow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wondered about this earlier. Is has Notre Dame been relevant in your lifetime?
Speaker 1: Not really, it's not since Rudy because I don't even know if you remember this because I don't remember when it happened. But Notre Dame was such a power that they had an exclusive television.
Speaker 2: Deal with NBC.
Speaker 1: Huh they were, they were, but they were an independent and every one of their games was major like primetime stuff. And I'm like, God, was what thirty five years ago that that was relevant and mattered?
Speaker 2: And this run the ball up the middle, I mean that was football in the eighties. Bro. Oh yeah, been good.
Speaker 1: But they are tonight they had rocket bro, And I think that's why I've been through it. To me, that is why I knew you'd be distracted by the National Championship And David Busters is a great place to come watch the National Championship Game this evening.
Speaker 2: They are open, as evidenced by us being here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a great time during our show from three to six getting you ready for the National Championship Game. And friends, I don't know that we've ever had this many things to give away. I well, I definitely know that we haven't had this many awesome things to give away. I had no idea walking in today that we would have a four pack of tickets to Rockets Mavericks. That's that two o'clock afternoon game on Saturday, February eighth.
Speaker 2: And they are good seats. I was at that game in good seats with parking passes with the parks.
Speaker 1: That's and so, and these are like really good seats front row of section one oh eight row. Ah, those are baller seats. And then that's aside from all the gift cards we have for David Busters. We got several of those. And we have an autographed MIKEA. Parsons autograph football to give away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is that the.
Speaker 1: One you were spiking out in the parking a lot when I walked up, Man, I was not spiking it. I was so perfect spirals to Kat and he was just catching him in stride. He's got amazingly soft hands, catches everything. Whenever I see him trying to catch it, he looks like he had this.
Speaker 2: He had the Andrews fourth quarter it. Why don't you feel on his hands? Why he catches my hands? Not my belly, like keel his hands with your chest.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yes, we're giving away two one hundred dollars David Busters gameplay cards. So you come up here, you get a hundred bucks of games. We're giving away two of those. Like you said, we're giving away the two fifty dollars ones. Yep, giving away that Micah Parsons signed official NFL football So and then those MAVs tickets against the Rockets, like if we were to describe, and you've got to be here.
Speaker 2: You gotta come in or you gotta be here. You don't have to stay for the whole.
Speaker 1: Time, but you got to be here, right, Yeah, you have to come sometime between three, which has already happened. So sometime between right now in five forty five, we have our friendly promo people here. They'll get you all signed up and we'll do the drawing for all the stuff at five point fifty five. But you got to be here by five forty five. Yeah, and those four tickets were going away. So you and three friends go to this MAVs game, but you got to join us at David Busters Walda Hill and soenty five, yep, we're gonna be here till six. But those seats, it's you said, Uh, I want to describe these people, because these are about the best seats I've ever been in at a mav game. They're not in the ones that are like the three or four rows that are on the court, right, but there's a little bit of a walkway after those three or four rows, and they're on the front row of that next section.
Speaker 2: They're the front row of the lower level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can see like right over the top of the people that are in front of you because they're elevated.
Speaker 2: And then on top of that, you're.
Speaker 1: Basically opposite baseline of the Dallas Maverick's bench and you're very close to the action they are. They're basically seats that like whenever iHeart wants to wow somebody from out of town, you know, it's like, oh, here's this big boss of this company.
Speaker 2: They take him and they whine him and dine him in these awesome seats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so are they on I'm trying to remember, they're on the same side that you broadcast from or opposite. Okay, So if somebody one of our listeners comes to DNBs UH and wins those tickets today they could like you're close enough to you to like blow you kisses.
Speaker 2: Or like lip things to you, like read things to you.
Speaker 1: Like you could have a conversation during the broadcast that you're broadcasting. If I yell across the call, just like mouthing.
Speaker 2: It, I could things better than mouthing done. Yeah, I could say some blip things to them. I'm just trying to remember how my wife words that she doesn't want to do. She didn't want to do something. I can't remember what they are.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, but stuff, but stuff that she does want to is it would be a phenomenal mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a great mom for our kids.
Speaker 1: Who yeah, yes, exactly, exactly naturally, Yeah, drives out you know the one thing, the one thing that I don't want to forget?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: And dang it I did, but I got this note here to remind me of this. So it reminded me forgot the intro.
Speaker 4: With some bad start time movies.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're ready, you're ready, right ready, ready, time to do one.
Speaker 4: Or time with keeping with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with some sweet pursuing it. Bunnld out Shaw Shank through the sewer. Kid now we're chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get crattic, shows that up multiply like a rabbit to then so out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm won a hang out with a friend, rocking it on the radio. My home boys talking on the radio.
Speaker 4: It's time to to this font.
Speaker 2: Oh baby baby, we go KT, Christine all the radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got Maddie back at the studio. We've got Evan's aigat here engineering. We have Christina, we have KT, we have Skin, and we have me Ben Rogers. We're excited to be here at Dave and Busters. It is Mlkday. I know a lot of you are not working today and maybe have the opportunity to come up here and join us. Well, we're going to try to reward you with all these magical things that we're giving away. We're giving away a ton of stuff. But I do I do go back to Dave and Busters. So Skin and I grew up in Richardson. We went to Bergner High School. We're old, but I do remember coming up here. My favorite thing about coming. There used to be a bunch of mahogany wood and Billiard's tables and all sorts stuff. All that has been updated to big, wide, open, well lit, futuristic bar type spaces. Yes, it's all sorts of cool technology and stuff up here. There's this thing over here called the Arena, which looks like it's some sci fi entertainment thing you get to go in and do.
Speaker 2: That was incredible when you walk in, it's it's like I want to go there. Yeah, So I think they don't. They don't have what they used to have.
Speaker 1: They used to have just an old school like authentic basketball goal set up with free throws yep, with real basketballs. Right.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: They now they have Papa Shot, So I think at some point we may go over and have a Papa Shot company.
Speaker 2: Did you see these bays over here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Amazing. I don't. I don't know what's happening in there.
Speaker 1: So one of them, the one I went and looked at, is like a digital ski ball kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Like but it's like you can get your own party bays, bro.
Speaker 1: Yes, can like rent those rooms and have that bait to yourself or something, or you could just go in there and stare at the people in there and kind of do your own bay Watch. Right, well done, that's actually let's give it up for jep Skin Championship game. It's the National Championship game is tonight. That's a national championship level joke. That just happened there. Yeah, fantastic work. I feel good about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't feel good about the MAVs. Why what happened? Man?
Speaker 1: I was just sitting there, going, all right, they're kind of playing with their food, it'll be fine. And I was like just kind of keep my eyes on some you know.
Speaker 2: Prop bets that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't involved in, and then it got like late in the game and I was like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 2: Why? And then Kyrie kind of got hot. It's like all right, Kyrie's about to do this. Man.
Speaker 1: These are bad losses, this loss, the Portland loss, the Sacramento loss, the New Orleans loss, and you know, they they got that game taken.
Speaker 2: Away from them, but yeah, they they should have.
Speaker 1: You know, New Orleans would have still had one more possession after that and they might have beat them. You know, that's those are really really bad losses because you know, you understand losing to Denver and games like that, these are games that you still should be able to win even without Luka Doncicch you have I know that, I know Lively's out, I know Grimes was out, But these are games that you should be able to win, and they're not winning them. And you look right now and there if the season and today they're in the play in or the number seven seed. They need to at least get up to the sixth seed by the end of the regular season. I feel like, uh, this is a horrible loss for the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: Agreed, brutal.
Speaker 1: You know when you've got you got to play Minnesota, Okay, see in Boston?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is that right? Is that your next three? Yeah? And you're okay, see game second night of a back to back. Ooh uh that you have to win a game against the Hornets. And that game in which Gafford gave you thirty one, fifteen and seven. He was totally dominant. It's you know, it's they're just they're there.
Speaker 1: This was you know, a lesser team can beat a better team if they're hot from three point range. We've seen that before. Sometimes that works in the MAVs advantage at times. Hey, hey man, they just got red hot Hornets were seventeen of thirty nine from three point range.
Speaker 2: I think the MAVs were six of thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Ben they Yeah, at one point they were five of twenty five in the middle of the fourth quarter. I mean, that's just an absolute disaster. Yeah, rough one for the mass, but a good time for us. At David Busters in Dallas, we're inviting you to come join us. We're gonna be out of here until six. We've got all sorts of giveaways. We're giving away Micah Parsons autograph football. We're giving away four tickets to a map seat in good game in good seats. So we got awesome stuff to give away. Come join us at David Busters in Dallas. Hopefully you're not working today and you can come have some great food and good times with us in Dallas. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, Dave Chappelle was on SNL.
Speaker 2: We will review the tape next