Speaker 1: KRSE Detalk station. Very happy Wednesday to you, thanks to Orlando suns If we're joining the program and we're going to hear from Judge Napalatano at eight thirty Jason Williams on the Bengals stadium upgrades one point two billion that's later in the program. Is on in the meantime. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Frank LeRose, Ohio Secretary of State. Welcome back, sir, It's always a pleasure to have you on my program.
Speaker 2: Well, Heyray Brian. Yeah, you know, yesterday was voter registration day nationwide. We're reminding people that's only only a few days left to go. October seventh is the deadline. Got to get registered to vote if you're not already, or update your information.
Speaker 1: Any indication statistics or compilations otherwise reflecting an increased number of people registering, are we flat? I'm just kind of wondering if there's more interest given it's a presidential election and in terms of folks registering to vote or otherwise updating their records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as much as we expect. Honestly, we're seeing the same kind of same kind of high traffic at our vote Ohio dot voter registration website that we would normally see in a presidential election year. And that's a good thing, is get eight million registered voters in the state of Ohio. And we're also taking deceased voters off the rolls and taking non citizens off and when people become inactive for six years, so we make it both easy to vote in hard to cheat. We're we're moving bad data from the voting roles, and people can plain about that, but it's my job. And we're also seeing high numbers of voter registration.
Speaker 1: I don't want to complicate matters and get you in an area where you feel out of your elements. So please feel please feel free, because I am out of my element. I with all the concerns about Donald Trump and the assassination attempts a lot of people and I think legitimately so are concerned that, well, what if something happens either to Trump or Harris. For example, in the waning days before November and voting day, ballots have already been issued, names have already been placed on, deadlines have come and gone. Is it possible to substitute a candidate in the event of some tragedy between now and November, and and how would we deal with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a question for constitutional scholars. There's there's a lot of different thought and writing out there. A lot of it comes down to the party having the opportunity to replace a candidate. But yeah, I don't want to speculate on that. I will say that, you know, we sell, we settle our political differences using ballots, not bullets. And this the heated rhetoric calling Donald Trump an enemy of democracy, and even the Cincinnati Inquirer running this silly letter to the editor saying that he brought this on himself. I mean, that kind of stuff has to stop, and we should we should lower the temperature on the political rhetoric a little bit. And there's just no place for violence or for violent threats and that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, amen to that. And how about military voters. I know overseas military folks quite often their votes aren't we there's some suggestion maybe they're not counted or they're delayed. How does that work? Secretary of State Lores Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for acting. Actually, this is something obviously I have some personal experience, but I was that guy when I served in Kosovo way back. That waited until like the end of October to request my ballot, and of course it didn't arrive until like Thanksgiving, so it was far past a chance to vote. Yeah. I actually worked on this when I was in the state Senate. I passed the bill that created Ohio's more modernized system for what we call yuakava voting, which just means uniformed and overseas civilian voting, and that begins in two days. Yeah, Friday is when overseason military voting begins, and they're able to request their ballots right now. The boards of elections can start transmitting those ballots on Friday, and that means election season is here in forty eight hours. We have an interesting way of doing this, and a lot of people don't realize you can actually email mail someone their ballot when they're serving overseas. Now they have to print it, physically print it, and physically mail it back with a wet ink signature on it. But by being able to email them essentially a PDF of their ballot, it cuts that transit time down of getting it to them. Sometimes foreign mail systems and the US Defense Department mail system moves kind of slow and so it cuts that transit time down again. The physical copy has to get mailed back, but they can get their ballot electronically and that begins this Friday.
Speaker 1: This Friday, it's amazing how quickly this election is coming. It's full steam. Ad pause, We'll bring back Secretary Secretary State Frank LeRose, a nationwide issue concern over illegal immigrants voting and registering to vote. We're going to talk to them about purging the voting roles and potential election fraud and what's being done about that also, and looking forward to this conversation, a discussion about issue one, which is really confusing a lot of people. Seven thirty five. Right now, if you've got KRECD talk station, let mention Pressedeson Terriers. You want a new kitchen, you want a kitchen remodeled. You want John Ryan, who is Pressedeson Terriers. It's his company. He will be your true partner in your kitchen remodeling project, just like he was for my wife and me when we did our kitchen and loved working with John. He's just the sweetest guy and thirty five ish years doing almost exclusively kitchens, He's done everything from the smallest kitchen the smallest project to the largest kitchen and the largest gut start from scratch project. We don't have the largest kitchen, but we did gut the whole thing and took John up on so many of his great ideas. Just absolutely love what he did for us. Well, old machine John is. You just deal with him. He makes everything happen to your satisfaction and helps you stay within your budget. So a plus with a BBB. Absolutely. He is a member of the National Kitchen Bath Association. I recommend you check out his website Prestige one two three dot com learn more about what he can do for you and check out some of the before and after projects. Prestige one two three dot com his number five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's the nine first winter weather forecast. Got a cloudy day to day.
Speaker 1: I have eighty five downe of sixty two over nine clear enough and we've got a sunny sky. Is tomorrow eighty seven for the high, A few clouds overnight sixty three Sunday on Friday high of ninety it's sixty eight right now.
Speaker 2: Time for traffic update from the UCF Trampic Center.
Speaker 3: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer is here called five one three five eighty five u SECC. There's an accident in eastbound for Washington Wade just before you get to the seventy one split with Columbia Parkway.
Speaker 2: Right side is blocked off.
Speaker 3: The traffic backing up towards seventy five northbound fourth seventy one now over a five minute delay from above Grand into town. Chuck Ingram Moon fifty five kras seen the talk station seven thirty nine Here fifty fout kerr CE talk station. You very happy Wednesday too.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas with Oiosecretary Secretary of State Frank LeRose. Let's pivot to the idea of the vote or fraud and perhaps illegal immigrants voting in federal elections. What they're not allowed to do registering to vote, whether or not they actually vote. What are you doing to secure the well the integrity of vote here in Ohio relative to this influx of illegal immigrants. My understanding is they're entiled to go get a driver's license, but you can automatically get registered to vote, and that they don't check your immigration status when you fill out that form. Where are we in o Hio on that Secretary of State?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a couple of things to update. And just as far as terms here, we're talking about not just illegal but also legal non citizens. Right, So for example, those folks that we're talking about in springtid those are legally here under UG status or whatever. A lot of people are here with student visas or work visas, so it's not just illegals. The other thing to be clear about is in Ohio you have to be here on legal status to get a driver's license or a state idea. So if you run across the border and you're here without any documentation, you can't be an ill legal and get a driver's license in Ohio or a state ID. But we also are taking this process really seriously in Ohio, and I would challenge you to find there's no Secretary of state in America that's doing more to identify non citizens and remove them from the voter rules than we are. We have this very simple idea that only Americans can vote in American elections. It's our state constitution that says that. It's also federal and state law now we work with our BMV to identify once someone has registered to vote, if they are a non citizen, we identify them and then remove them from the voter rules. That process happens very quickly, and it's an ongoing process. It's not a static thing that just happened once. We're doing it as we speak, and we'll continue to up through election day. So the old thaying is, well, i'll clean it up for the radio. If you mess around, you'll find out if you attempt to register to vote in Ohio as a non citizen, we will catch you, You'll be removed from the voter rules, and I will refer you for prosecution. I've already done this almost six hundred times this year when we have found non citizens registering to vote. And so this idea that you can get away with it absolutely not in Ohio. And again, we believe that there should be consequences when you break the law, and registering to vote illegally is a felony, and I refer those for prosecution. I testified in front of Congress about this last week, and one of the reasons why they asked me to come up and testify in Congress is that Ohio has established itself as a leader in this, but the federal government doesn't make it easy. In fact, they put as many obstacles in my way as possible. They don't give us access to several key databases for who's a citizen and who's not. I'm actually considering filing a lawsuit against the US Department of Homeland Security. Of course, that need to work with the AG to do that, and so we're working through those conversations. But DHS does not give us access to databases which they are supposed to give us access to. We do, however, use our state VMV data. There is one federal database they will let us use, but it is income complete, but it gives us at least a good chance of finding and removing those non citizens that attempt to register to vote.
Speaker 1: Tohile sounds to me like the federal government isn't really necessarily willing to cooperate with you in your efforts to keep illegals from voter, well not non citizens from voting, no.
Speaker 2: Question about it. And we've tried repeatedly to get access to this they won't give it to us. And even the one that they do give us access to, this thing called the SAVE database requires us to pay a fee every time we use it. So each query I do, I have to pay the federal government a dollar fifty fee, which is stupid, it's not even worth collecting. But fine, we do that, and then we have to manually enter all this data. So I've got a whole team of people sitting there typing numbers into a federal database to check these. But what we need to do is pass what's called the Save Act. This was passed by Congress. It was passed by Congress a few months ago, and it's being held up in the Senate by none other than Shared Brown and in his colleagues that don't want it to pass, but it should. And it would require front end citizen verification, which we can't do right now. Right now, we can't do that on the front end. It has to be this kind of look back once someone has already filed a voter registration form, although we do it very rapidly at Ohio. Fair enough.
Speaker 1: I was in an event with the Northeast Republican Women's Group and I heard a presentation on this particular topic, and I think it overlapped. I understand you met with Jerome Corsi and Andrew Paquette about this alleged evidence of a secret algorithm that's been encoded into the Ohio State Board of Elections. And I understand that on Monday a complaint was filed with you and the Ohio Secretary of State with regarding this documentation on the cryptographic algorithm that doctor Andrew Piquette found, and they say it was for the purpose of covert data manipulation. Where are what is this all about? And is this something you're taking seriously or is this just conspiracy theory swirling around?
Speaker 2: So my approach and we get a lot of these right now. This is not the only one. My team did meet with this group, and we've met with others, but we have dozens of these kinds of things that pop up. They always seem to come right before an election. Like we work on this three hundred and sixty five days a year. But people, you know, come up with these things. We take them seriously. I told my team it's like this, if if they get a nine to one one call, even if it's clearly a prank, they're going to still send an officer out because they can't take the chance of a false report not being false, right, and so we take every one of these seriously. We investigate these. That one that you're talking about in particular, it seems like a lot of mathematicians with a lot of sort of false assumptions looking at a massive database of eight million registered voters and then trying to extrapolate some data from that. That makes it look as though there's some sort of cheating hab It seems to be based on a lot of false assumptions and a lot of you know, very complex mathematical analysis. To us, it doesn't look like any sign that there's any you know, anything that freus certainly if they brought us evidence, and that's our challenge to them, is bring us evidence, not just theories. We get, you know, regression analysis and hey, look at this scatterplot and all of this stuff. Bring us evidence, not just a theory, and then we'll pursue prosecution. Of course, thus far they haven't brought us any evidence. Okay, And the.
Speaker 1: Group that spoke at the Republican Women's Meeting said that this has been brought up here to the Secretary of State's office attention year after year. They're a legislative fixed that, you know, even if this wasn't actually manipulated, that there's ways around it to fix it, to ensure that nothing can be manipulated. So at least that was the assertion from the men who gave the presentation. I just I know every one of my listeners has concerns about electronic manipulation of the vote. You know, if you had a paper ballot and it had to be physically counted and it was right there, you could back you know, it's easy to see and verify whether it was accurately counted or not.
Speaker 2: That's one thing.
Speaker 1: But going through computers and concerns about Wi Fi is being hacked and all that, I know, it's just a big concern.
Speaker 2: So let me address that. What the group that you're talking about is claiming is fraud with the voter registration system. That's separate from fraud with actually counting and tabulating votes. By the way, we have in Ohio one paper ballots every ballot cast in Ohio. So we're going to talk about now the security of the actual tabulation of votes. Every vote cast in Ohio is on paper without exception. One hundred percent of the time. We use machines that are never connected to the internet. They're what we call air gaps. They're not connected to anything other than the wall outlet that powers them. Those get tested right now. They're being tested by our county boards of Elections through a full battery of tests called the Logic and Accuracy Test. Democrat and Republican technical experts at each Board of Elections test those those machines use. We use those on election night to give you that rapid result. If you didn't have that, you wouldn't get a result on election I think you wouldn't got a result for a couple of weeks, probably until after the election. Because every ballot in Ohio may have fifteen twenty different questions on it. It's not just one issue on the ballot, so hand counting all of those on election night would be impossible. So we use the machine to give you that rapid result on election night, and then a few weeks later we count all the paper and compare those electron compare those side by side, right, so they have to reconcile. So it's like this. People say you can't cheat with paper, Well that's nonsense. Chicago in the nineteen sixties proved you can cheat with paper any system. Right with people involved has opportunities for those people to do the wrong thing. So we have the redundancy of both an electronic count on election night and then a paper hand count that have to reconcile against each other. And that redundancy, that sort of balancing the checkbook is why we have a very secure and safe, reliable system for counting ballots in Ohio.
Speaker 1: To the extent it's even possible. I wanted to speak of that Issue one. We're almost at a time. I'm in know on want, I've looked into it. I know that's where the Republican Party stands on in Ohio. Any brief summary on Issue one and where you are Frank Leros.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, this morning we're holding a meeting of the ballot board to make some very minor changes to the ballot language. It's crucial that we get that done today because those ballots get printed in two days for overseason and military voters. As I told you, Issue one requires a group of unaccountable individuals to gerrymander the state to create a specific political outcome. That is true language, and that's what the Ohio Supreme Court upheld. It's important for Ohioans to try to understand this thing, thirteen thousand word long amendment that requires jerrymandering and will result in all kinds of really comported districts and that kind of thing. The other thing to note is who's funding this twenty six million dollars so far? Eighty five percent of that money has come in from out of state, including six million dollars from a Swiss billionaire who's trying to change the way Ohio draws district lines. I think Ohilan should reject this.
Speaker 1: That speaks volumes right there. Secretary State, Frank Loris, thanks for the time you spend my listeners to me this morning on the morning show. I'll look forward to talking with you again and keep up the great work. Thanks Brian, My pleasure. Seven to fifteen fifty five Kirsty Talk Station Call the USA Installation. Get your home inspected for free? Do you have enough insulation the exterior walls of your home? If your home is built after the mid seventies, there's some in there, but like my daughter, could be just plain old fashion R twelve and after thirty forty plus years, that stuff deteriorates over time and it does not even provide an R twelve insulation value. You can add USA's premium foam to an underinsulated home. Do that pay for that exterior wall installation in USA up until the twenty second of this month, we'll give you a free attic insulation. I think all you need to do is secure and appointment and a free inspection to get the benefit of that free attic insulation. You're going to save money every month with the USA's premium film. That's a guarantee your house will be far more comfortable than it is right now. It works anytime you get the HVAC running in terms of saving you money, and the federal government recognizes this, which is why they're going to give you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax thread it next year when you do your taxes, take advantage of that and the benefits of USA, which is a everyday benefit three eight one three six two sixty five one three three eight one Foam USA Installation dot.
Speaker 2: Net fifty five krc A U line. The prevailing opinion is if you don't